PDA

View Full Version : Test Cricket aka real cricket

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

plague
20-08-2015, 05:30 PM
Just as a sidey we've got Warner to get less than 50 in the Aussies first dig.

belchardo
20-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Just as a sidey we've got Warner to get less than 50 in the Aussies first dig.

must be paying about $1.000001 for the win on that bet!

plague
20-08-2015, 09:06 PM
must be paying about $1.000001 for the win on that bet!

$1.60 but its part of a 3 leg multi.

plague
20-08-2015, 10:51 PM
$1.60 but its part of a 3 leg multi.

which is now dead in the water.............

q-money
20-08-2015, 11:03 PM
rogers over 26.5 was the one m8...

nice little earner, won back the nonsense i put on that argentine idiot to beat danny green :oops:

plague
20-08-2015, 11:15 PM
rogers over 26.5 was the one m8...

nice little earner, won back the nonsense i put on that argentine idiot to beat danny green :oops:

I didn't want to mess with my boy Rodgers' mojo. Getting him at $7 to be top bat for Aussies has been one of the best robberies I've ever pulled.

q-money
20-08-2015, 11:16 PM
why is he retiring? does he have a heaps hot missus he needs to go and root or something?

plague
20-08-2015, 11:16 PM
Dude. You're betting on boxing?

Please seek help.

plague
20-08-2015, 11:17 PM
why is he retiring? does he have a heaps hot missus he needs to go and root or something?

Funny part is he's single, which should be all the reason he needs to stay on that program. 10 months a year of hotel roots what a life.

q-money
20-08-2015, 11:24 PM
hey, was an anomaly - but looking at the form...lel - it was actually primed for a boilover last night. i got on bolonti at 5's which was ****ing ridiculous tbh

he walked through most of green's punches, green was cooked after the 4th, but bolonti just threw ridiculous haymakers for 6 rounds. idiot.

they drove a dump truck of money up to my house!!!!

http://spb.fotolog.com/photo/43/9/83/shabu_bu/1196645730_f.jpg

Jetmaster
21-08-2015, 01:42 PM
Funny part is he's single, which should be all the reason he needs to stay on that program. 10 months a year of hotel roots what a life.

Indeed - must tell the story of David Hookes, Sue Barker and a bat grip applicator some time.

belchardo
22-08-2015, 08:21 AM
God these two teams are pathetic.

Jetmaster
22-08-2015, 02:48 PM
What's pathetic is the complete destruction of batting technique caused by too much hit and giggle, drop-in pitches, short boundaries, helmets and huge bats.

Easy to be a flat track bully these days but the batsman who can grind out an all day century on a pitch doing alot are gone.

The Dunster
22-08-2015, 03:14 PM
The 60 / 50 over one day format was the beginning of the end. 20/20 was essentially the final nail in the coffin.

I don't think Australia will ever see batsmen the calibre of Greg Chappell or Alan Border for a very long time - if ever again.

Chappell especially was the only batsmen in the world that could handle the five prong West Indies pace attack of the 70's and 80's.

hawk
23-08-2015, 12:07 PM
What's pathetic is the complete destruction of batting technique caused by too much hit and giggle, drop-in pitches, short boundaries, helmets and huge bats.

Easy to be a flat track bully these days but the batsman who can grind out an all day century on a pitch doing alot are gone.

exactly.

Having some 50over format lifted the test run rate. The addition of more 50o shite and the 20/20 aids fest fkd everything.

gilchrist was the pinnacle of the combined formats.

BTW aus can get fkd if they take anything out of a pathetic dead rubber. assholes

hawk
16-10-2015, 11:26 PM
Poms & Paks having a run fest....Sri & WI just kicking off

Bon
05-11-2015, 11:53 AM
Trans-Tasman trophy starts today in Brisbane.. Fire up..

Jetmaster
10-11-2015, 08:54 AM
Not only have we done cricket over by destroying technique through T20 and endless tournamenets that mean nothing.

Now we can't even make cricket pitches any more - the Sydney test might not go ahead without some serious money spent.

plague
10-11-2015, 09:40 AM
Not only have we done cricket over by destroying technique through T20 and endless tournamenets that mean nothing.

Now we can't even make cricket pitches any more - the Sydney test might not go ahead without some serious money spent.

It's the outfield that's the problem not the pitch innit?

Jetmaster
11-11-2015, 12:31 PM
It's the outfield that's the problem not the pitch innit?

That's even worse - at least it takes a bit of effort to prep a pitch.

How hard is it to grow grass ?

q-money
11-11-2015, 12:34 PM
it's amazing how bad it must have got in 6 months, it was immaculate at the world cup

belchardo
14-11-2015, 12:50 AM
One day cricket boards around the world will realise that games that are won with the toss make for really shitty contests. I'm deadset sick of ****ing roads masquerading as cricket pitches that give absolutely nothing to the bowlers. If you aren't going to give them reasonable pitches, let the bowlers dig their fingernails into the ball or get rid of the dead ball when the batsmen pulls away in the delivery stride (oh wait, spirit of cricket and all that)

Besides that, pretty good effort by warner (ignoring the fact you could onky get out by doing something brain dead)

q-money
14-11-2015, 01:42 AM
me agree

the toss is the toss though... but thank god for blokes like kohli and williamson in travelling teams to straya who can possibly make it interesting

boring shite on absolute roads. the side who bats second has no chance but to throw the willow at it. just hope this day night thing shakes it up. rain, humidity or something - for the kids

MFKS
14-11-2015, 01:55 PM
Forget the toss.

Lets call a spade a spade.

Kiwis bowling attack is piss ****ing weak. Not one of them is an international standard cricketer going to frighten their opponents at this level

2 for 400 odd after first day says more to me that the shit ****s with the ball bowled like busted arseholes.

I only watched a little of it yesterday but there line and length was ****ing pathetic.

You can control what the bloke with the bat is doing by not bowling such utter garbage.

Pitch is a road you say??

I am quite confident if the shoe was on the other foot yesterday and Australia bowled the score ain't 2 for 400 odd at stumps.

Reality is one side has superior bowling and batting to the other by a long way.

Whinge all you like about poor quality pitches but the reality is the worst side in this contest is underprepared and failing through no fault other than their own shortcomings

hawk
14-11-2015, 03:08 PM
Warners ego ran out early today

hawk
14-11-2015, 03:16 PM
Forget the toss.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OfGPo1RlZGc/Uc0RCv2SV5I/AAAAAAAAOHo/9s_ZAgtwV1Y/s640/blazing-saddles.jpg

q-money
14-11-2015, 03:45 PM
it's a ****ing road mate

The Dunster
14-11-2015, 03:53 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eCFUzO7P-tw/T5al78XcYAI/AAAAAAAAARo/GasqC4Bm5oQ/s1600/BoulevardCaps.jpeg

Reverse swing for dummies. The Kiwis need all the help they can get and one of these in the pocket does the trick nicely.

hawk
15-11-2015, 08:34 PM
Warner's not so spesh now the Kiwis are knocking over 100's by the dozen

belchardo
15-11-2015, 08:40 PM
Forget the toss.

Kiwis bowling attack is piss ****ing weak. Not one of them is an international standard cricketer going to frighten their opponents at this level

2 for 400 odd after first day says more to me that the shit ****s with the ball bowled like busted arseholes.

I only watched a little of it yesterday but there line and length was ****ing pathetic.

You can control what the bloke with the bat is doing by not bowling such utter garbage.

Pitch is a road you say??

I am quite confident if the shoe was on the other foot yesterday and Australia bowled the score ain't 2 for 400 odd at stumps.

Reality is one side has superior bowling and batting to the other by a long way.

Whinge all you like about poor quality pitches but the reality is the worst side in this contest is underprepared and failing through no fault other than their own shortcomings

1000 runs scored and 13 wickets so far. nah, you're totally right about it not being a road.

q-money
15-11-2015, 08:45 PM
roffffff, ross taylor scoring 165, i think this is absolute stone cold confirmation that this pitch is not just a road, it's a ****ing freeway

looks like you should spend some more time examining the landing strip to positively identify a tarmac surface, member :wub:

Jetmaster
16-11-2015, 09:09 AM
Unfortunately, it's all about batting now - the public needs to see as many runs as possible. They forget some of cricket's most classic games were low scoring ones with plenty of wickets. Guys like Warner are building reputations but only because they are flat track bullies.

20 years ago our pitches had character...

Brisbane - swing and seam the first couple of days
Perth - hardest, bounciest and truest pitch in the world
Sydney - spinners wicket
Melbourne - early life then good for batting
Adelaide - the perfect pitch, early life, great batting strip then taking spin late on

Now they are all just different shades of concrete.

belchardo
28-11-2015, 04:48 PM
Thoughts on the pink ball? Certainly seems to be making a difference in this match.

belchardo
28-11-2015, 05:23 PM
Oh dear. Steve. :sigh::facepalm:

hawk
28-11-2015, 09:14 PM
200 will win this for the kiwis

belchardo
28-11-2015, 11:53 PM
Don't think we'll hear from that third umpire again. What the hell was he thinking??? (

q-money
29-11-2015, 01:12 AM
look, all DRS nonsense aside... (ps that was bullshit)

this has actually been a great contest as a test match. the pitch is softer and the outfield is longer to protect the ball, every batsman has had to work bar nevill and the tail end of straya in the 2nd innings after that awful lyon decision.

i don't think people will mind that tests go for 3 and a bit days if they are a proper contest. i certainly don't, it's been bloody brilliant in adelaide.

for an hour when NZ were on top in that first session i felt like a dead set king.

is this what strayans feel like all the flamin time, cobbers?

The Dunster
29-11-2015, 01:55 AM
Thoughts on the pink ball? Certainly seems to be making a difference in this match.

It's near impossible to see the seam and for a batsmen that makes it very hard to pick up the type of delivery they are facing.
My opinion - it's a terrible idea.

plague
29-11-2015, 11:10 AM
Kiwis bringing back the golden days, 24 fielders around the bat to the spinner, appealing for everything, even the balls hit over the fence.

Proper test cricket that.

plague
29-11-2015, 11:10 AM
How's the vibe at the ground Q-man?

belchardo
29-11-2015, 09:19 PM
So, waddaya reckon had more of a say in the result: the pink ball or the third umpy? NZ should be feeling robbed and rogered. Not saying they would necessarily won, but that decision ****ed them completely.

hawk
29-11-2015, 10:17 PM
we cant handle a swinging ball in any country and with the night swing we are fkd

MFKS
11-12-2015, 10:21 AM
Seriously how ****ed is test cricket becoming??

400 runs in a day twice in the last 3 tests.

I understand the Windies ain't strong side but FFS 400 plus runs in a day isn't putting up much of a fight

The T20 and ODI shit is killing the game.

These blokes can't bat or bowl properly any more

lquiquer
11-12-2015, 10:25 AM
Crowd of 6000 with prob 3000 school kids invited....lol

MFKS
11-12-2015, 10:59 AM
Crowd of 6000 with prob 3000 school kids invited....lol

Ironic thing is if they played it in Canberra Newy Darwin etc (Places that don't or rarely see International Cricket)they would have got a much much bigger turn out

q-money
11-12-2015, 11:21 AM
how good was that india/south africa test though

proper bloody test cricket. honking pitch, ten blokes around the bat

i had a raging boner for half a day watching amla and de villiers block their way towards a draw

then i watched inside cricket the other night and realised what the real problem is...and it's the idiots who commentate on it

instead of being interested to watch a team actually test themselves and try and play out a draw in the toughest conditions in cricket, they complained it was boring and they would have preferred to see south africa try and hit their way out of trouble.

on that pitch, against jadeja and ashwin and yadav, at home. fmd, clueless.

q-money
11-12-2015, 12:36 PM
adam voges hitting 200 with shaun marsh going to as well, probably

yep, test cricket is a joke alright

MFKS
11-12-2015, 03:03 PM
adam voges hitting 200 with shaun marsh going to as well, probably

yep, test cricket is a joke alright

Well done for putting the kiss of death on Shaun Marsh

Thank **** he didn't get 200

The selectors may have had to keep him for next text with Khwaja back

hawk
11-12-2015, 06:21 PM
how good was that india/south africa test though

proper bloody test cricket. honking pitch, ten blokes around the bat

i had a raging boner for half a day watching amla and de villiers block their way towards a draw

then i watched inside cricket the other night and realised what the real problem is...and it's the idiots who commentate on it

instead of being interested to watch a team actually test themselves and try and play out a draw in the toughest conditions in cricket, they complained it was boring and they would have preferred to see south africa try and hit their way out of trouble.

too true

those covers are getting a good workout today.

hawk
27-12-2015, 10:32 AM
carn straya send the windies back to T2 nation. #irememberthe80s

plague
27-12-2015, 08:11 PM
proper cricket going on over in SA at the moment. England showing a bit of spine. Steyn is a mad ****.

Jetmaster
30-12-2015, 10:17 PM
How many times do the Nein team need to discuss the "great" West Indian teams they faced and show their home movies....ffs.

belchardo
30-12-2015, 10:27 PM
You mean ten?

Jetmaster
31-12-2015, 04:45 PM
You mean ten?

No, Nine during the tests.

I do not watch T20....do they do it too?

MFKS
31-12-2015, 06:05 PM
How many times do the Nein team need to discuss the "great" West Indian teams they faced and show their home movies....ffs.

Just shows how far they have fallen

Take Lara out of the sides and you could barely see one other bloke in the last 15 years getting in the sides of the 70's and 80's and early 90's

Every bloke who played in that era would get a walk up start in 2015 and that includes the fill ins

belchardo
01-01-2016, 01:44 PM
No, Nine during the tests.

I do not watch T20....do they do it too?

They were talking about it when you put up your post.

plague
01-01-2016, 02:52 PM
Just shows how far they have fallen

Every bloke who played in that era would get a walk up start in 2015 and that includes the fill ins

Same can be said for the Oz team from early 2000's. No one from this bunch of bozos is getting a look in.

Cricket is dead.
Long live cricket.

The Dunster
01-01-2016, 03:18 PM
Todays bowlers are as good possibly better than they were in the 70's and 80's. It's just that the batsmen now have the advantages of flat lifeless pitches, fast outfields, and protective equipment to lift their confidence.
And yet since Greg Chappell retired no Australian batsmen has matched his batting average. And this is a bloke that played a lot of cricket against the West Indies teams of the 70's and early 80's - and for the most part he dominated them.

MFKS
01-01-2016, 06:32 PM
Todays bowlers are as good possibly better than they were in the 70's and 80's. It's just that the batsmen now have the advantages of flat lifeless pitches, fast outfields, and protective equipment to lift their confidence.
And yet since Greg Chappell retired no Australian batsmen has matched his batting average. And this is a bloke that played a lot of cricket against the West Indies teams of the 70's and early 80's - and for the most part he dominated them.
The current captain has a test average superior to Chappell

57 beats 53

Obviously his career not finished but he is getting better every year and I would call it now and say he will be revered as one of our best when his career is done

plague
01-01-2016, 06:49 PM
The fact Smith is rated the best bat in the world at the moment sums up Dunsters point perfectly.

Wouldn't last 2 overs back in the Wild West days.

MFKS
01-01-2016, 09:54 PM
The fact Smith is rated the best bat in the world at the moment sums up Dunsters point perfectly.

Wouldn't last 2 overs back in the Wild West days.

I reckon the blokes a freak

His technique ain't text book but it works

Jetmaster
02-01-2016, 02:33 PM
I reckon the blokes a freak

His technique ain't text book but it works

I want him to have a couple of exceptional series in England and India before passing final judgement.

The greats perform in all conditions, unfortunately there is a sameness starting to happen there as well.

The Dunster
02-01-2016, 02:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW83dL0D334

Nobody even comes close to this bloke when it comes to bowling. The pace of Brett Lee, the accuracy of Glenn McGrath, and a leg cutter that absolutely destroyed batsmen.
Unfortunately, he sustained a very nasty back injury and probably lost 35kmh or more of pace for the rest of his career. And even then he was still the best.

MFKS
02-01-2016, 05:26 PM
I want him to have a couple of exceptional series in England and India before passing final judgement.

The greats perform in all conditions, unfortunately there is a sameness starting to happen there as well.

Bloke average 49 in 10 tests in England. Has 3 tons with one a double to his name.
So to say he can't prosper in those conditions is not right

Bloke has only play twice in India at the beginning of his career so far and averages 40.
We must about due to play them in tests over there very soon and I not see why he can't succeed there.
He plays spin quite well and has dealt with their bowlers quite well in the past

plague
02-01-2016, 06:02 PM

yeah in defence of Smith he can only play whats put in front of him. he's a very good modern day test cricketer, no doubt.
put the likes of Chappell, Gooch, Gavaskar in the modern game and they probably wouldn't get picked become they aren't aggressive enough. that doesn't mean they aren't good, its just that they were standouts in the era they played.
geez, go check Bradmans stats, bloke pretty much got all his runs v England. Lack of variety of opponents sure didn't tarnish his rep.

plague
02-01-2016, 06:02 PM
Dunster your photo isn't showing on my computer. who are you talking about?

Jeterpool
02-01-2016, 06:08 PM
Dunster your photo isn't showing on my computer. who are you talking about?

Lillie. It's a video

plague
02-01-2016, 07:17 PM
Lillie. It's a video

oh, cheers.
Lillie was a wee bit before my time but everyone rated him in an era of pretty decent slingers.
First bloke i saw that was unplayable at his best was Waqar Younis.
scary.

The Dunster
02-01-2016, 10:12 PM
oh, cheers.
Lillie was a wee bit before my time but everyone rated him in an era of pretty decent slingers.
First bloke i saw that was unplayable at his best was Waqar Younis.
scary.

Waqar Younis had few equals when it came to reverse swinging a ball. Fabulous bowler.

plague
18-02-2016, 05:58 PM
There's not been a better off spinner* in the last 15 years than Swann. He would stroll in to any test teams first XI right now, and would have strolled into any other side, bar an Aus XI with Warne involved, over the past 15 years, probably longer.

*Murali doesn't bowl, he throws.

I mean I was just out the back reading some old papers and having a dart with my Pimms and look what my man Northern Swan popped up with back in the day.

I say this as Nathan Lyon scorches his way to 200 test wickets in quicker time than his man Graeme Swann.

What a time to be alive when you can read old posts like this then watch Donald Trump live on TV.

q-money
19-02-2016, 11:00 AM
:rof:

plague
19-02-2016, 11:53 AM

the worst bit was pretty much right after our discussion on just how much better Harbajan was than that pommy nonsense, my man Northern Swan just went all Keyser Soze and jumped in the Jag with Pete Postlethwaite and you'll probably never hear from him again.

i miss him.

northern_swan
19-02-2016, 03:32 PM
I'm still here. Upon reflection it appears I gave Swanny the kiss of death, as he turned to utter shyte soon after

plague
20-02-2016, 12:08 AM
I'm still here. Upon reflection it appears I gave Swanny the kiss of death, as he turned to utter shyte soon after

This is my fav post of the year so far.
You did a great service to your country sir, feel free to set fire to anyone else's career as you see fit.

Welcome back.

Cheers,
Plague.

q-money
20-02-2016, 12:35 AM

hawk
20-02-2016, 03:03 PM
big head Warner to get out before 10

ha 12.

makes the cricketer of the year a shit award.

belchardo
20-02-2016, 03:34 PM
I know it's an early call, but I don't think this will end in a draw.

MFKS
26-07-2016, 07:19 PM
Good to watch a bit of Test cricket again

Shame with Australia skilling them for 117 it gonna be hard to see a good contest

Good thing we at 2 for 9 trying to make a contest of it

hawk
26-07-2016, 10:41 PM
hero Warner delivers another duck. scumbag

belchardo
29-07-2016, 08:01 PM
Warner is clearly in shit form again. Playing inside the ball. Jesus.

Aussies throwing it away again.

plague
29-07-2016, 08:48 PM
At least it's a contest.
Aussies going to water in the 2nd dig as per catalog.

Have a go ya mugs.

MFKS
29-07-2016, 09:38 PM
What do you mean it's a contest??

The Aussies are ****ing gone already

The Dunster
30-07-2016, 11:01 AM
At least it's a contest.
Aussies going to water in the 2nd dig as per catalog.

Have a go ya mugs.

Players these days are more concerned with their hairstyles and what they wear than they are in winning. Typical soft cock modern sportsmen. Should be smoking ciggies at the change of ends and be blowing more than .08 when they enter the field.

skippy
05-08-2016, 04:36 PM
Lol the boyz on fire.

q-money
05-08-2016, 05:30 PM
we do not have problems playing spin

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/yfAeMtcURg0/hqdefault.jpg

MFKS
05-08-2016, 09:05 PM
we do not have problems playing spin

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/yfAeMtcURg0/hqdefault.jpg

Spin??

Or we just don't have the ability to grind out scores??

We have a great front running side. Get us on top and we are good to go on with the job.

Put us in a spot and we really struggle and capitulate like Gypos in Grand Finals in Brisvegas

q-money
05-08-2016, 10:17 PM
therein lies the point, none of them knew what to do with it.

wasn't particularly obscene movement, but they stood and poked, or came forward or went back at the wrong times, and pretty much did everything wrong. all sorts.

agree with you on front running, but australia don't seem to have a plan b at the moment when they're in strife.

q-money
05-08-2016, 10:45 PM
hey member are you watching? :rof:

MFKS
05-08-2016, 10:45 PM
The ironic thing is our bowlers have done a good job. The Sri Lankans haven't exactly set the world alight with their batting.

It is our useless batting that costs us.

So far we have lost 13 wickets for less than 120 runs in this game.

You can't score that few runs in C&S and expect to do anything

q-money
05-08-2016, 10:50 PM
ffs reverse sweeps, christ on a bike

Jetmaster
06-08-2016, 01:41 PM
This is getting sad for first class cricket..... we can't play spin, curry munchers can't play on fast pitches, Poms can't play when the sun comes out.

Reading this morning that the Aussies are playing a numbers game based on risk - they are not playing each ball on its own merits as they can't work out the spin.

I played a decent level and one simple rule was watch the ball leave the bowlers hand and try to see where the seam was spinning at least.

Ban covers, ban the big bats and.....ban helmets. Some of these idiots may learn a bit of technique.

The Dunster
06-08-2016, 10:12 PM
http://www.sportsbet.com.au/blog/wp-content/uploads/Howard.jpg

MFKS
06-08-2016, 10:33 PM
http://www.sportsbet.com.au/blog/wp-content/uploads/Howard.jpg
Can he bat??

Might get a game in the next test

Seriously how ****ing abysmal are they??

What the **** was Voges thinking???

belchardo
13-08-2016, 05:04 PM
Geez, if sri lanka is 5 for not many, imagine how badly we'll go!

MFKS
14-08-2016, 09:23 PM
I not particularly worried about us losing this game

Matter of fact I thinking it is a certainty.

What though does scare the shit out of me is Shaun Marsh getting some runs

The bloke has had 100.chances not taken them and can see this being the ****ing day

On another note considering our bowling line up has been ok to good exactly what the **** are the selectors thinking with this line up with our problems being batting related??

4 Batsman
2 All Rounders
1 WK
4 Bowlers

FFS. They are taking the piss.

Mitch Marsh has shown very little that he can bat well enough at this level
So why pick him again and then bring in another bit part player??

Khwaja and Burns have had two failures after 12 months of form and runs and get the arse. Ok
How the **** then does Mitch Marsh get picked??

GazFish35
14-08-2016, 09:46 PM
I not particularly worried about us losing this game

This here is the problem with Australian cricket at the moment.
Fans that accept anything less than winning.

;)

lquiquer
14-08-2016, 09:52 PM
This here is the problem with Australian cricket at the moment.
Fans that accept anything less than winning.

;)
:roflz:

plague
15-08-2016, 09:55 AM
The jets should play test cricket then I think the Member might be cool with it.

MFKS
15-08-2016, 07:00 PM
See told you Shaun Marsh will get some runs

Stuck with the bloke for another 2 years now

MFKS
17-08-2016, 07:42 PM
Just been watching this cluster**** of a collapse

Not that it matters much but Henrique and Hazelwood have just been giving out by 3rd umpire one stumped one run out by millimetres at both ends of the wicket.

Who painted the crease??

It is the most crooked ****ing line you will ever see.

Not only that it is bowing in to the stumps so in these instances the Aussies may well have been in of the dumb **** could paint a line professionally

Bremsstrahlung
17-08-2016, 08:28 PM
They're just doing what it takes to win.

belchardo
02-11-2016, 09:45 PM
'Tis on again my friends

Got the the afternoon off tomorrow so I'll be parked in front of the tv for the first ball.

hawk
02-11-2016, 11:07 PM
Carn. We will have some chance on this wicket although 3-0 series loss would not surprise.

Welcome back 80's, Border will get a 50!

plague
02-11-2016, 11:15 PM
i legit had to ask around to find out who this Joe Mennie pelican was, and i love test cricket more than just about any other non-Griff* sport.

Steyn $3.50 to be SA top wicket taker sounds too tasty to be true. blokes gonna own that pink ball nonsense at the Gabba next week yeah?

*of course Griff would average 100 in tests, praise Him.

plague
03-11-2016, 11:14 PM
superb fielding by the aussies.

Jetmaster
04-11-2016, 12:35 PM
i legit had to ask around to find out who this Joe Mennie pelican was

This - I have watched Test Cricket since 1974 and had absolutely no idea who he was!

Anyone else notice Optus Sports putting some great old games on lately - full days coverage of a few ODIs from the 90's and 00's. Also had Aus v Windies 1980, with Richie hosting in beige jacket and open necked shirt!

skippy
04-11-2016, 06:18 PM
Wouldn't be an Aussie summer without a ****ing mid-order collapse.

Jetmaster
04-11-2016, 06:39 PM
And this is the problem with flat track bullies Australia..playing a test inmings as if it is limited overs doesn't always work.

hawk
04-11-2016, 07:26 PM
oops. we are the new bangladesh

The Dunster
05-11-2016, 09:23 AM
The WACA used to be a massive advantage for Australian teams but today it's no different to any other pitch. The pace and bounce combined with the doctor in the afternoons made it a terrible place for the opposition.

Not worth watching WACA games anymore.

Jetmaster
05-11-2016, 04:31 PM
Be worse when they move to the new "beige" stadium with dropin pitches...

The Dunster
06-11-2016, 01:33 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vkThwfShPl4/URmKL7RRDVI/AAAAAAAAAF0/VNntYWs8qRg/s1600/1979+Tony+Greig+SP.jpg

belchardo
06-11-2016, 09:53 PM
That was probably the greatest run out ever. amazing athleticism

belchardo
12-11-2016, 11:37 AM
David Warner - you are an idiot.

hey cricket Australia, how about you give the vice captaincy to somebody that actually plays for the team?

belchardo
12-11-2016, 11:44 AM
geez that was a good ball. it did a lot though. is hawkeye not working? would have thought they'd show it by now.

belchardo
12-11-2016, 12:23 PM
good thing they picked that 6th batsman. they might need him to get to double figures.

Bluebeard
12-11-2016, 12:46 PM
Bring on the Ashes -

The Dunster
12-11-2016, 01:13 PM
There is too much cricket being played today to make it even remotely interesting.
Add to that the over paid soft cocks playing the game and I don't know why anyone would even bother.

hawk
12-11-2016, 08:53 PM
Think we should start allowing an esky per person again. 24 cans would make it all better

The Dunster
12-11-2016, 09:02 PM
Think we should start allowing an esky per person again. 24 cans would make it all better

https://www.bigw.com.au/p/WCC100000000027804/prdImages/GALLERY/zoomImg/0/?context=bWFzdGVyfGltYWdlc3w4NjIwMHxpbWFnZS9qcGVnf GltYWdlcy9oYmQvaDNlLzEwMTMzNDM5Nzc0NzUwLmpwZ3wwYzd kMWIxNjUxZmNlMTE3YmQzMDA3MzA4NjdiZDg0MzEzMGQwMzA0M Tg0ODM5MzE3ZGI1ZDM2OWRkNTVmNzQy

I used to take the original version of this to the SCG bitd. 100 Cans of VB - no worries.

RIP big Esky.

hawk
13-11-2016, 10:38 PM

plague
24-11-2016, 04:53 PM
I have some thoughts:
I like Hazelwood and Starc.
I like du Plessis, especially the way he handled all that lolly garbage.
Seeing Amla struggle is a bit sad. Such a good bat.
I don't know any of these new blokes.

plague
24-11-2016, 06:40 PM
Holy moly when's the last time you saw an opener well established get out to such an awful attempt at a shot.
Cook looked like a right amateur.

hawk
25-11-2016, 01:31 AM
faff needed a few more bouncers and elbows in tha ribs. get some mongrel

leftrightout
25-11-2016, 09:06 AM
Aussie openers scoring 14 runs off 12 overs...and not getting out! Who does that?
We should have been 57/4 by the end of play today!

The Dunster
25-11-2016, 02:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwTK7JlTP3U

plague
25-11-2016, 10:54 PM
Oh well, 1 out of 4 ain't bad for the new blokes.

Jetmaster
26-11-2016, 12:10 PM
Geez - don't like Hanscomb's technique. Gives him time over here and seems to work for now, but if he goes to England the each way swing will sort him out quick smart.

None of the new kids should be properly judged till they play overseas,

plague
26-11-2016, 04:45 PM
curator is getting plenty of kudos for the condition of the pitch but geez louise how slow is that outfield.

belchardo
16-12-2016, 09:55 PM
Small chance we won't get to day 3!!!!

hawk
16-12-2016, 10:03 PM
carn straya

belchardo
16-12-2016, 10:06 PM
You clearly don't work for cricket australia. :rof:

hawk
16-12-2016, 11:01 PM
You clearly don't work for cricket australia. :rof:

No way. Im with Australian Cricket

belchardo
16-12-2016, 11:04 PM
Fair enough, I'm with the people's cricket of australia.

Jetmaster
17-12-2016, 10:20 AM
Well said Johnno - one of the last of a dying breed.

http://www.skynewssport.com.au/cricket-news-display/johnson-slams-day-night-ashes-clash/9504

belchardo
19-12-2016, 03:04 PM
I don't think they'll get there but it'll be :popcorn: viewing anyway...

Bon
19-12-2016, 03:49 PM
Getting extremely interesting now..
Require 57 runs with 2 wickets remaining..

belchardo
19-12-2016, 07:05 PM
It was a good finish (hilarious too) and another 15 runs more would have been very exciting.

Jetmaster
19-12-2016, 07:49 PM
If Smith had the guts to enforce the follow on this would have finished yesterday.

q-money
19-12-2016, 08:40 PM
the big fat paycheque from channel 9 for 5 days of ad revenue surely in the post for Smith with that absolute bonehead decision

am a huge fan of this pakistan side, they're great. you see them having a red hot dig at Starc et.al in that last session? chirping like mad :rof:

hawk
19-12-2016, 11:14 PM
Fair enough, I'm with the people's cricket of australia.

They're good too.

Straya loves getting run down by big 4th innings scores. Bad luck today.

leftrightout
21-12-2016, 10:18 AM
Pretty happy with the Pakis proving the pink ball at night and in the 4th innings is still playable!

Jetmaster
22-12-2016, 09:40 AM
Pretty happy with the Pakis proving the pink ball at night and in the 4th innings is still playable!

Yeah but the bets on the subcontinent were all placed on the first innings - if they are chasing 120 to win in either of the next two tests put your cash on Oz.

hawk
26-12-2016, 02:38 PM
carn. ABC radio commentry is shit. All these new fktards

belchardo
28-12-2016, 01:22 PM
Some great hitting at the moment.

hawk
29-12-2016, 05:22 PM
some great rain atm. Bring it here ffs

plague
29-12-2016, 11:32 PM
When I was growing up playing Mark Waugh was considered the best technique in Oz. Everyone always pointed to him as the benchmark.
(Correct me if wrong but) he got 20 test centuries and struggled through the last couple.
Steve Smith and David Warner are both on about 17 each already.

Quite amazing.

q-money
29-12-2016, 11:47 PM
When I was growing up playing Mark Waugh was considered the best technique in Oz. Everyone always pointed to him as the benchmark.
(Correct me if wrong but) he got 20 test centuries and struggled through the last couple.

Quite amazing.

pretty much. would you ever coach plague jr. to bat like smith? makes me wanna puke.

at least williamson and kohli look like proper batsmen

imagine if either waugh was playing on carpark pitches, with enormous bats against pop-gun attacks?

actually we saw that in the '98 KL commonwealth games when steve waugh invented the slog sweep (allegedly), or the "KL slog" as we called it at school :rof:

q-money
29-12-2016, 11:54 PM
if you're looking at numbers alone as well, i think adam voges has the 3rd highest average over people that have scored more than 1000 runs at test level :rof:

plague
29-12-2016, 11:55 PM
pretty much. would you ever coach plague jr. to bat like smith? makes me wanna puke.

at least williamson and kohli look like proper batsmen

Yeah well what can you even coach anyone to bat like Smith (yeh just plant your feet and have a whack.....oh and play baseball to get your eye in son).

Before my time but as you mentioned with pitches and bats jeez the likes of Border, Miandad and Sir Vic must have been a cut above. Frightening how they'd go today too.

plague
29-12-2016, 11:57 PM
if you're looking at numbers alone as well, i think adam voges has the 3rd highest average over people that have scored more than 1000 runs at test level :rof:

You go put that stat with your ****ing assist stat for football man, take that ****ing stat and sit its ass in a dark corner and tell it to face the ****ing wall until you tell it otherwise then leave the room and get on a plane so that stat never shows its stupid ass face again in public.

Oh and **** Adam Voges.

plague
29-12-2016, 11:59 PM
Also Kohli is pretty much my favourite sportsperson to watch at the moment.

Just brilliant, and serves it up.
Like Trump with a willow.

q-money
30-12-2016, 12:07 AM
have been a paid up member of the Virat Kohli fanclub ever since he flipped off the crowd at the SCG in Tendulkar's last series in 2012

homie is one of the greatest chasers in ODI cricket and will go down as one of the best ever for mine

Macca
30-12-2016, 08:22 AM

Quite amazing.

Differences in pitch and bats aside, its extremely possible for "better" batsman to perform worse than lesser talents. One of the fascinating things about cricket and batting in particular is there are many different attributes that you can call upon to succeed. If you want to just look at raw talent, you don't need to go much further than the T20 competition - the distance some of the blokes can hit the ball, the hand eye coordination to pull off some of the shots is outrageous. Would you call any of them better bats than people like Langer, Lehman, Chris Rogers etc. Even at local club level you can see huge disparities in performance between blokes who are obviously far superior in talent to "battlers" who outscore them week in week out.

And yes I realise "talent" isn't quite the same as "technique", but I thought the point was relevant anyways

edit: and yes Kohli is a freak. His play through cover is amazing to watch - he has the wrists of a god and bangs fours through there off balls that don't deserve it at all

Jetmaster
30-12-2016, 08:48 AM
Yeah well what can you even coach anyone to bat like Smith (yeh just plant your feet and have a whack.....oh and play baseball to get your eye in son).

Before my time but as you mentioned with pitches and bats jeez the likes of Border, Miandad and Sir Vic must have been a cut above. Frightening how they'd go today too.

Geez - imagine Viv Richards, Ian Botham or Clive Lloyd with a big bat today!

And Mark Waugh.....once got a century at the Maitland 10 over comp that used to run. Could hit when he needed to.

The Dunster
30-12-2016, 12:15 PM
I'm not old enough to have seen Bradman play but Gary Sobers, Viv Richards, and Greg Chappell were well ahead of anyone currently playing. I think the bowling and fielding today has improved though - and that's because the pitches demand it from the bowlers and gift it to the fielders.

Chappel, Richards, and Sobers had averages over 50 on terrible pitches against some lethal fast bowlers. Someone like Smith would be lucky to avg 30 back then - and that's being kind.

MFKS
30-12-2016, 01:12 PM
As for the old timers out there.

To say they are going to go a year better in today's game isn't necessarily true.

For a start the old timers were able to hide away from opponents for the most part.
Now a days with TV computers etc a detailed dossier can be used to pick apart a batsmen technique.

In says gone by that was never really the case where opponents had to use memory and word of mouth to make up plans for your Somerset bradman Gavaskars etc

MFKS
30-12-2016, 01:16 PM
As for Mark Waugh his stats don't show his abilities truly.

The amount of times he got out at 60 or 70 when he just got himself out was phenomenal

Bloke just took it easy at times where as his brother busted his arse to achieve and never give away his wicket.

Mark Waugh is probably the best batsmen in this country in the last 25 years to not get the acclaim he deserves

hawk
30-12-2016, 01:20 PM
Smith is quality and would score in any era.

We lack a full quota of quality batsman and fall in a heap on swinging pitches.

Our bowlers are only effective on some pitches and the best ones seem to break down more often.

Are we picking our best team?

The Dunster
30-12-2016, 03:04 PM
As for the old timers out there.

To say they are going to go a year better in today's game isn't necessarily true.

For a start the old timers were able to hide away from opponents for the most part.
Now a days with TV computers etc a detailed dossier can be used to pick apart a batsmen technique.

In says gone by that was never really the case where opponents had to use memory and word of mouth to make up plans for your Somerset bradman Gavaskars etc

Viv Richards played test cricket and limited overs matches for 17 years without a helmet on some very fast and green pitches with unpredictable bounce.
Hence, it doesn't take a computer and a statistician to work out the bloke had no weaknesses. His weaknesses were off the pitch not on it.
Today's batsmen are pussies and would shit themselves if they had to play in the 60's, 70's, or 80's with fast tracks or uneven bounce, and with not much protection.

Smith isn't even at the level of Ponting or Border, let alone Greg Chappell.
He may be in the future. But he has a long way to go.

Jetmaster
30-12-2016, 06:09 PM
Yeah but the bets on the subcontinent were all placed on the first innings - if they are chasing 120 to win in either of the next two tests put your cash on Oz.

Geez I wish I'd listen to myself sometimes.

q-money
30-12-2016, 06:30 PM
fixed

MFKS
30-12-2016, 06:57 PM
fixed
Any ideas on what they were paying at start of day 5??

You don't even have to be smart to think that they were trying to loose

They made a flat wicket look hard

q-money
30-12-2016, 07:21 PM
straya traded at a high of 34 on betfair, dunno how much was traded though

The Dunster
30-12-2016, 08:00 PM
The idea of being a professional is to make as much money as you can. I really don't see any difference between playing to win or playing to lose because the reason for becoming a professional in the first place is to make money.
Welcome to capitalism kiddies.

Note though - I'll be out for blood if any jockey on any of my six bets tomorrow fails to win and yet still manages to cross the line on a horse with fur left on it.

hawk
30-12-2016, 11:16 PM
They "Pak"ed it in. We are still strugglers but that was a decent game

goaliepersempre
31-12-2016, 12:32 AM

The amount of times he got out at 60 or 70 when he just got himself out was phenomenal

Bloke just took it easy at times where as his brother busted his arse to achieve and never give away his wicket.

Mark Waugh is probably the best batsmen in this country in the last 25 years to not get the acclaim he deserves

I used to love watching M Waugh bat, would and could watch all day long.

hawk
31-12-2016, 12:11 PM

ability is useless if you dont use it to the fullest.

Yes, had all the skills and more but if he had more heart like steve then he would have deserved more credit. Ill give the hard worker who reaches these heights more kudos.

The Dunster
31-12-2016, 01:01 PM
ability is useless if you dont use it to the fullest.

Yes, had all the skills and more but if he had more heart like steve then he would have deserved more credit. Ill give the hard worker who reaches these heights more kudos.

Hard work leading to success is the myth of neo-liberalism Hawk. Junior didn't lack heart, nor did he work less on his game - he just wasn't able to focus / concentrate as well as his brother.

The science show us that with respect to twins the oldest twins more often than not are gifted hierarchy into their families and the younger twin is not.
We also know that a child's perception of how they fit into the family unit influences how they perceive themselves and how they interact with others.
Firstborns [or those perceived to be oldest] tend to have higher IQ's / more drive in life, and younger twins tend to be more relaxed even irresponsible according to many studies.

Hence, Mr and Mrs Waugh probably decided which brother had more success on the field more so than anything within the brothers control.

Jetmaster
01-01-2017, 04:49 PM
Hard work leading to success is the myth of neo-liberalism Hawk. Junior didn't lack heart, nor did he work less on his game - he just wasn't able to focus / concentrate as well as his brother.

The science show us that with respect to twins the oldest twins more often than not are gifted hierarchy into their families and the younger twin is not.
We also know that a child's perception of how they fit into the family unit influences how they perceive themselves and how they interact with others.
Firstborns [or those perceived to be oldest] tend to have higher IQ's / more drive in life, and younger twins tend to be more relaxed even irresponsible according to many studies.

Hence, Mr and Mrs Waugh probably decided which brother had more success on the field more so than anything within the brothers control.

A la Griff twins?

plague
01-01-2017, 05:07 PM
I never really warmed to Steve Waugh. Always came across as a bit of a toss pot.

hawk
25-02-2017, 10:48 AM
Straya gonna get run down in the 4th again? We're pretty good at it

hawk
25-02-2017, 08:27 PM
carn get in

plague
25-02-2017, 09:57 PM
How bad are you to get it wrong coming out of Steve O'keefes hand.

Indians still win 3-1.

hawk
25-02-2017, 11:36 PM
4 tests? 1 win 3 washouts

MFKS
26-02-2017, 05:23 PM

Indians still win 3-1.

Yeah but the mistake the Indians made was they actually thought he could spin the ball

It was his stock ball "the straight one" that fooled them everytime

Bloke never turned one all game on that wicket

Contrast that to Jadeja who turned it miles and we couldn't get bat on it to get out

Sometimes less is more and in this case it was

plague
27-02-2017, 12:07 AM
Yeah but the mistake the Indians made was they actually thought he could spin the ball

It was his stock ball "the straight one" that fooled them everytime

Bloke never turned one all game on that wicket

Contrast that to Jadeja who turned it miles and we couldn't get bat on it to get out

Sometimes less is more and in this case it was

this here is gospel.

watch Kohli's 2nd dig dismissal. Plays for the turn.
realises o'keene can't turn it.
too late.

shameful.

both will avg 400 rest of the series.

Jetmaster
27-02-2017, 09:04 AM

Indians still win 3-1.

I'm with my bro Plague again - the bookies have made their money. India will be let off the leash now and score a squillion.

belchardo
04-03-2017, 09:32 PM
I reckon kohli's leave was the greatest ever cricket shot. It will only be topped in cricketing folk lore by his subsequent referral!

hawk
04-03-2017, 09:45 PM
so at 1 for i turn over, go back, 8 for. carn

belchardo
04-03-2017, 09:57 PM
All done now!

MFKS
05-03-2017, 05:18 PM
How good the cricket today.

Kohli giving the big ones and running the mouth

Smith and Renshaw just smiling at him

It just good to see a contest like this

hawk
05-03-2017, 08:16 PM
what a dour struggle. each run = 3

skippy
05-03-2017, 09:13 PM
Mitch Marsh doing what the Marsh brothers do some things never change.

MFKS
05-03-2017, 11:21 PM
what a dour struggle. each run = 3

For the afficiandos of Test Cricket it captivating this dour struggle

For the neutral it killing Test Cricket and giving the leg up on T20 shit

Batting for 90 overs and Aussies not score 200 in the day

Why??

Because the negative pitch and negative bowling and negative fields employed.

The shithlful wickets India keep producing is the main reason they are not able to dominate world cricket like they should as they don't develop good enough quick bowlers to do the business OS

q-money
06-03-2017, 11:49 AM
For the afficiandos of Test Cricket it captivating this dour struggle

For the neutral it killing Test Cricket and giving the leg up on T20 shit

Batting for 90 overs and Aussies not score 200 in the day

Why??

Because the negative pitch and negative bowling and negative fields employed.

The shithlful wickets India keep producing is the main reason they are not able to dominate world cricket like they should as they don't develop good enough quick bowlers to do the business OS

it's absolutely brilliant. best game on the planet.

MFKS
06-03-2017, 01:22 PM
it's absolutely brilliant. best game on the planet.

Already preaching to the converted with you though Q Man

If you were trying to get into what test cricket was about Tests in India ain't exciting enough

MFKS
07-03-2017, 09:36 PM
Captivating last day
But the Aussie batting??

WTF???

Pretty piss poor effort Smith and Handscomb aside

plague
07-03-2017, 09:39 PM

Indians still win 3-1.

fyi i had a good weekend at the casino so your boy nostraplageus can't miss at the moment.

q-money
07-03-2017, 09:41 PM
who's kohli shushing lol

what's his average this series :yap:

plague
07-03-2017, 10:26 PM
who's kohli shushing lol

whoever the damn hell he wants!!!!

hawk
08-03-2017, 01:32 AM
Straya gonna get run down in the 4th again? We're pretty good at it

We are also great for a collapse lol

belchardo
18-03-2017, 07:19 PM
Clap that one kohli you knob.

hawk
18-03-2017, 10:56 PM
Now, when does our 2nd innings collapse begin

MFKS
25-03-2017, 06:20 PM
It just not as fun watching the cricket without Kohli out there

Bloke makes it happen

MFKS
27-03-2017, 08:41 PM
Good shit this cricket

Australia relying on Glenn Maxwell to get us enough runs to give us a chance to win the series

**** me

Bon
28-03-2017, 04:02 PM
Well, we are going to have to pull something ridiculous out here to get the win.. :whistling:

hawk
29-08-2017, 11:24 AM
ditto.

Bangerdesh are munching us

q-money
29-08-2017, 11:52 AM
dave warner, what a myth this flat-track bully is

MFKS
29-08-2017, 12:28 PM

Has a great record on fast pitches where he can hit through the line

Put him on slow pitches with any movement from seam or spin and he a complete enigma

Jetmaster
29-08-2017, 01:50 PM
Comical watching Australia's "best" trying to play Banga's spin.

Reverse sweep, charging down the wicket, playing off the back foot, making room and not knowing which way it will spin.

If the Poms have any sense they won't send any fast bowlers out here - don't need them.

Macca
29-08-2017, 02:03 PM
Its interesting. On the one hand, I like the fact that different nations have different conditions suited to different playstyles - of both bowling and batting. It means there is actually huge differences between where matches are played. On the other hand [although this could just be showing my young age] it seems like in the last 5 - 10 years, these differences have become more pronounced. Sure we may always have struggled in India. But it seems like wherever we travel these days we are hugely inferior to our home form. And perhaps its slightly more pronounced with the Aussies but many other countries have similar differences in performance.

Are cricket boards around the world just tailoring conditions far more than they used to? Are local games more isolated than they used to be?

MFKS
29-08-2017, 02:28 PM
Its interesting. On the one hand, I like the fact that different nations have different conditions suited to different playstyles - of both bowling and batting. It means there is actually huge differences between where matches are played. On the other hand [although this could just be showing my young age] it seems like in the last 5 - 10 years, these differences have become more pronounced. Sure we may always have struggled in India. But it seems like wherever we travel these days we are hugely inferior to our home form. And perhaps its slightly more pronounced with the Aussies but many other countries have similar differences in performance.

Are cricket boards around the world just tailoring conditions far more than they used to? Are local games more isolated than they used to be?

I think it has a lot to do with how cricket is played these days

20 years ago Aussie cricketers used to go to England in the off season and hone their skills

Nowadays the likes of Smith Warner etc don't as they either playing T20 or ODI shit or having some union enforced break and don't play county cricket

Matter of fact most of our current test team don't play First class cricket outside of tests as they never available for shield cricket

Throw in the reluctance for having warm up matches of note or doing legitimate tours and you can see why blokes are exposed to the conditions as being foreign

Macca
29-08-2017, 03:08 PM
I think it has a lot to do with how cricket is played these days

20 years ago Aussie cricketers used to go to England in the off season and hone their skills

Nowadays the likes of Smith Warner etc don't as they either playing T20 or ODI shit or having some union enforced break and don't play county cricket

Matter of fact most of our current test team don't play First class cricket outside of tests as they never available for shield cricket

Throw in the reluctance for having warm up matches of note or doing legitimate tours and you can see why blokes are exposed to the conditions as being foreign

Some fair points there. Particularly the county cricket and shorter tours.

The Dunster
29-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Before World Series Cricket arrived the game was in dire straits. Ian Chappel managed to get players a living from the game and all was well. Nobody really wanted 50 over cricket but it was the price we had to pay to rid the game of its amateur status. 20/20 is pretty much the straw that broke the camels back - it has ruined the game. Batsmen today shit themselves on anything thats not flat and predictable - bowlers are forced to bowl on lifeless wickets because the marketing department think balls going over the fence is what the fans want. You would need to be a glutton for punishment bowling in these times and it's no wonder bowlers come and go through injury so often.
We don't want to be back where Bradman had the game in the 60's / 70's - but the sooner 20/20 goes the better. It's ruined the game. Players and administrators target an income rather than a level of skill.

MFKS
30-08-2017, 09:06 AM

Our saviour at the moment

Lol

MFKS
30-08-2017, 09:56 PM
Useless ****s really

Can't bat
Can't play

How some of these posers get selected beats me

Ever since Matt Wade came into the side has he made a ****ing score with the bat??

Maxwell now your ****ing kidding

plague
30-08-2017, 10:12 PM
Poms got rolled by the Windies too.

Ashes should be ace.

hawk
30-08-2017, 10:12 PM
few egos getting put into place i hope. They aint all that. Dizzy could have won this by himself

plague
30-08-2017, 10:25 PM
few egos getting put into place i hope. They aint all that. Dizzy could have won this by himself

players dont care, who they gonna pick instead.

everyone in the team is the best we've got standing innit?

except Maxwell who is trash and garbage and Wade whos there just because Peter Neville is very quiet as he scores a million runs.

MFKS
30-08-2017, 10:41 PM
players dont care, who they gonna pick instead.

everyone in the team is the best we've got standing innit?

except Maxwell who is trash and garbage and Wade whos there just because Peter Neville is very quiet as he scores a million runs.

Blokes couldn't give a **** when they counting all their cash

****s give a **** about on par as the Jets do for winning games

plague
31-08-2017, 09:30 AM
Don't worry boiz, Steven O'Keefe is the answer to all our woes apparently.

Him and Maxwell the new Spin Kings.

MFKS
31-08-2017, 09:54 AM
Don't worry boiz, Steven O'Keefe is the answer to all our woes apparently.

Him and Maxwell the new Spin Kings.

But the other answer is to drop Khawaja again

The only bloke besides Renshaw who actually will be prepared to occupy the crease rather than play flashy shots

This in a side bereft of blokes prepared to bat time

Nearly everyone of these ****s gets out in the sub continent for **** all as they don't want to face 40-60 balls getting in before trying the big shot

In a side with this problem why they persist with Maxwell defies belief

He a luxury you just can't afford in a weak side

Jetmaster
31-08-2017, 01:11 PM
They say test cricket is on the way out, not because of the public but the players. They can earn trillions playing hit and giggle for four hours - whey play test cricket for five days?

Just like footballers, it is now about getting the most coin, not what the best challenge is. They have their coin, oversize bats, short boundaries, drop in pitches - they have become lazy.

Forget about nets - to train for tests properly put these twits on a field, two at a time and force them to bat a full day each, with fresh bowlers and fielders rotating. Nets does nothing for technique.

Macca
31-08-2017, 03:32 PM
Depends what you mean by technique. Nets are pretty much the best way to improve technically. The issue is that scoring runs isn't just about being the most skillful bloke with a bat. Glenn Maxwell is obvious proof of that - the bloke can bat. But his decision making, mental game, patience, determination etc , whatever aspects you want to pick on, are clearly not suited for test cricket.

Other than that I agree with most of your points. And 100%, if top order test batsmen at some stage are not spending multiple hours at a time at the crease in practice, with directives to not give up chances then they should be.

plague
31-08-2017, 05:24 PM
Just like footballers, it is now about getting the most coin, not what the best challenge is. They have their coin, oversize bats, short boundaries, drop in pitches - they have become lazy.

Here we go again.
My man Jetmaster complaining that the only section of society who shouldn't aim to work less and earn more are professional sportspeople.

I'm sure my man Jetmaster made his post by writing a letter and paying for a stamp and putting it in the postbox because using technology to get your point across cheaper and faster surely would be against his standards.

MFKS
31-08-2017, 09:06 PM
Here we go again.
My man Jetmaster complaining that the only section of society who shouldn't aim to work less and earn more are professional sportspeople.

I'm sure my man Jetmaster made his post by writing a letter and paying for a stamp and putting it in the postbox because using technology to get your point across cheaper and faster surely would be against his standards.

Hey Plague when they get beaten by shit ****s like Bangladesh then they have no excuses

Employee or doing it for the love of it this result is unacceptable

Players are weak as piss and wouldn't have lasted 5 mins under Simpson Border Tugger Waugh Ian Chappell etc

These current players are weak as piss and there is no other way to dress it up

Jetmaster
01-09-2017, 09:09 AM
Here we go again.

Correct Plague - so wish I wasn't a capitalist pig.

Read my post as I was stating that as a fact, not criticizing it. More players are going for the T20 merry go round (eg Chris Gayle). That's fine do it and earn as much as you can.

But then don't say test cricket is the ultimate challenge and then fold like a deck of cards because you aren't used to the conditions and haven't played any warm up games.

hawk
01-09-2017, 10:34 AM
But then don't say test cricket is the ultimate challenge and then fold like a deck of cards because you aren't used to the conditions and haven't played any warm up games.

yeah pea hearts. Like to see them shit their pants then bat for 6hrs at Mumbai.

plague
01-09-2017, 11:44 AM
Correct Plague - so wish I wasn't a capitalist pig.

Read my post as I was stating that as a fact, not criticizing it. More players are going for the T20 merry go round (eg Chris Gayle). That's fine do it and earn as much as you can.

Then stop segregating 'players' from the rest of the public because everyone would choose the same route. Its human nature.

As for 'capitalist pig', thats a fair stretch there. These blokes have very short careers and have put all their eggs in one basket. Obviously being an elite athlete doesnt entitle you to only having to work for a few years but once sport is over only a minute % find opportunities to live on the same income. Athletes ability to maximise that income should be no concern of yours, especially when for the most part they are accepting offers which means that someone out there thinks their talents are worthy of the paycheque. But of course im sure you knock back pay rises all the time.

Besides, everyone knows all the best socialists are filthy rich. They are our modern day TV evalgenists.
and theres a sucker born every minute willing to hand over their cash for the cause.

The Dunster
01-09-2017, 11:57 AM
Besides, everyone knows all the best socialists are filthy rich.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Cv-0TBEhWVE/SEaLk-cDkJI/AAAAAAAABUk/sr20VbtuiDs/s800/C3.jpg

http://www.famahaber.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/dIGUfBbBzHCrh8g3-636158537020917826-e1480270932616.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OBOndWum8f4/TeUrHWPBGOI/AAAAAAAAKWo/I6V5WxYKtyk/s1600/Che-Guevara-Rolex-GMT-Master.jpg

:whistling:

plague
01-09-2017, 02:15 PM
Dunster is woke

belchardo
24-11-2017, 11:17 AM
how is it that every year, the commentators on channel 9 get worse? surely there is a base level somewhere!!!

belchardo
24-11-2017, 02:11 PM
shaun marsh is the greatest secret agent england has. tries to take out stark with a sly boot to the leg, drops a sitter. will no doubt get out at a crucial time in australia's innings.

hawk
24-11-2017, 11:11 PM
No Smith Aus is fkd

skippy
25-11-2017, 12:21 PM
shaun marsh is the greatest secret agent england has. tries to take out stark with a sly boot to the leg, drops a sitter. will no doubt get out at a crucial time in australia's innings.

Well you weren't wrong

belchardo
25-11-2017, 12:25 PM
agent marsh strikes again!

hawk
25-11-2017, 05:51 PM
carn straya

MFKS
26-11-2017, 04:56 PM
Chasing 170

What price these cunce go down like a Gypo in a GF

hawk
02-12-2017, 01:54 PM
Ok 2nd test ready to go.

This is usually a road. Team batting 1st gets 450. 4th inns is worth 170. Bat 1st

The Dunster
02-12-2017, 02:36 PM
Ok 2nd test ready to go.

This is usually a road. Team batting 1st gets 450. 4th inns is worth 170. Bat 1st

Unless the wicket is wet / very green I'd always bat first.,

plague
02-12-2017, 03:45 PM
Unless the wicket is wet / very green I'd always bat first.,

i think the theory is that batting at 'dusk' is the pits. both teams trying to manage their exposure to batting during that time.

also, Broad is a plonker all day every day then he bowls one of 'those' spells that rips your whole team apart.

you know its coming some time this series.

MFKS
02-12-2017, 06:05 PM
Ok 2nd test ready to go.

It used to be that way until they went to the night tests there

Since then it been a bit of a lottery.

If your batting as night descends then it not that hard as blokes "in" stay in

But if you walk out to the middle after night falls making runs impossible and you back in the pavilion like you Shaun Marsh

Hopefully get a bit fairer contest between bar and ball at night time there this year

belchardo
02-12-2017, 06:18 PM
nice work dave.

hawk
02-12-2017, 07:01 PM
It used to be that way until they went to the night tests there

Since then it been a bit of a lottery.

If your batting as night descends then it not that hard as blokes "in" stay in

But if you walk out to the middle after night falls making runs impossible and you back in the pavilion like you Shaun Marsh

Hopefully get a bit fairer contest between bar and ball at night time there this year

yeah, forgot about the day night thing.

hawk
02-12-2017, 08:33 PM
damn runout was unlucky

MFKS
03-12-2017, 08:55 PM
Shaun Marsh

FMD

In the team now for another 12 months

The Dunster
04-12-2017, 06:49 PM
Poms need 78 to avoid the follow on.

hawk
04-12-2017, 07:24 PM
carn straya

The Dunster
04-12-2017, 09:11 PM
Why the fook would we not send them back in ? Smith is not a captains arsehole.

The new ball is dancing all over the place - Bancroft is out.. and I'd say more to follow as Anderson and Broad are getting some good movement off the seam and through the air.

MFKS
04-12-2017, 09:47 PM
Why the fook would we not send them back in ? Smith is not a captains arsehole.

The new ball is dancing all over the place - Bancroft is out.. and I'd say more to follow as Anderson and Broad are getting some good movement off the seam and through the air.

New age captaincy

They don't enforce the follow on unless a certain innings win or time constraints

To me it not that much a problem

Bat tonight
Bat tomorrow

Declare at some stage

Get to bowl twice at them in the dark with them batting to survive

Send them back in and we more than likely going to have to bat to win the game

Why put ourselves under any pressure

Grind them into the ground this way

q-money
04-12-2017, 10:52 PM
lol, one of the worst decisions you will ever see hahahaha

plague
04-12-2017, 11:13 PM
250 odd is plenty of lead already. Just need to pick when is best to send the Poms back in to wrap this up.

belchardo
05-12-2017, 09:20 AM
yeah, with 6 wickets in hand, they are good for about another 80 runs minimum, puts the chase around 350. english have almost zero chance of winning this one i reckon.

it was some outstanding batting by lyon last night. that time-wasting in the last over was magnificent.

The Dunster
05-12-2017, 07:04 PM
Australia wasted the new ball today and Poms are 50 without loss.

I hope they knock Australia over just so we can hear all the excuses.

Edit: 2/54 now the poms looking to throw it all away.

MFKS
05-12-2017, 08:15 PM
Australia wasted the new ball today and Poms are 50 without loss.

I hope they knock Australia over just so we can hear all the excuses.

Edit: 2/54 now the poms looking to throw it all away.

Don't think it an issue

These days it all about workload and sorts science and all that shit

Hazelwood Starc Cummins and co they want to manage their workload and recovery etc

Dont forget 5 tests in 7-8 weeks so they don't want to burn them out etc

I agree soft as all ****

But that the way it is these days and unless we miles in front or weather time constraints it ain't happening

hawk
06-12-2017, 09:58 AM
So not following on was an incorrect decision but what can ya do. Its happened before and will again. Aus still should sneak it but eng will get lucky with 166 edges through slips

plague
06-12-2017, 02:51 PM
Didn’t Oz enforce the follow on against India (?) one day and they scored like 900 then rolled the Aussies for 20 or something?

Fabulous.

The Dunster
06-12-2017, 03:46 PM
Didn’t Oz enforce the follow on against India (?) one day and they scored like 900 then rolled the Aussies for 20 or something?

Fabulous.

Umm this time we knew the new ball in the evening would be lethal and we also had only bowled 40 odd overs at them - so bowlers had plenty in reserve. Choosing to bat meant we would face the new ball at the worst time - and be rolling the dice about when we got to bowl at them. The result is we got to then bowl the new ball at a time which suited the batsmen rather than in the dodgy light and conditions conducive to swing. The new ball was essentially waster ... and the rest is history

Not only that, I think someone mentioned something about getting two shots at the poms in the dodgy light - but the reality is the game will be well and truly over by then win lose or draw.

Even if Australia managed a win from this - they will be doing it the hard way.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Mark Jones, GVE, Scott Miller, and Phil Stubbins had something to do with Smiths decision - it's all too familiar.

Bon
06-12-2017, 03:49 PM
Good start to the days play so far!