Any news?

Goatscheese
14-01-2022, 02:25 PM
Any news?

One TD has already been sent packing

djjones
14-01-2022, 03:32 PM
One TD has already been sent packing

wow. big stuff straight up. Can someone add more? Wont be the last by seasons end.

Goatscheese
17-01-2022, 09:59 AM
wow. big stuff straight up. Can someone add more? Wont be the last by seasons end.

TD sent out a holiday program to all the youth players to do drills 3x a week and told the kids they will need to film them and send them into him otherwise they will get reduced game time during upcoming trial matches. One of the coaches complained saying he was going to tell his players not to worry about it or do it, got escalated with the committee. Committee sided with the coach, the TD told the committee that he was the TD and they and the coaches need to do as he says. Committee got rid of him

KITZ
17-01-2022, 11:12 AM
TD sent out a holiday program to all the youth players to do drills 3x a week and told the kids they will need to film them and send them into him otherwise they will get reduced game time during upcoming trial matches. One of the coaches complained saying he was going to tell his players not to worry about it or do it, got escalated with the committee. Committee sided with the coach, the TD told the committee that he was the TD and they and the coaches need to do as he says. Committee got rid of him

Are we allowed to name the club?

Alton
17-01-2022, 01:02 PM
Are we allowed to name the club?

The club won't be named, they should be ashamed to even consider someone like this

Speedymetric
17-01-2022, 03:16 PM
Any update on Bolchy?

Hoping he is ok & on the mend.

Eastwest
17-01-2022, 03:39 PM

I dont have a problem with 3 day a week training if uninjured. Losing game time a bit rich if you are already up to level.

Depends where each kid wants to go as well.

KITZ
17-01-2022, 05:37 PM
I dont have a problem with 3 day a week training if uninjured. Losing game time a bit rich if you are already up to level.

Theres also literally nowhere in the rules where it says everyone will get equal game time in NPL. Some club handbooks are quite upfront about that. Theres a balance there about not developing players because our football time is still not where it needs to be to develop them through successfully and having an offseason training schedule to keep them fit. The older you get the less you can stop completely. I think alternative exercise like bike riding, yoga, swimming could all be used for the same effect for fitness, and if the TD worked with the committee and wanted them back earlier for one / two sessions a week then I see no problem with that either. Its not like teenagers aren't mostly sitting around playing video games anyway.

Dt123
17-01-2022, 09:08 PM
Any reason why edgy has changed their logo? It doesn’t look great and the old one was only a couple of years old anyways

Bremsstrahlung
18-01-2022, 08:47 AM
Which one is the new one?

The stick figure looking eagle They have all over their website and Facebook.
Or the Northern Eagles retro looking logo that’s on the 2022 NNSW fixtures overview page?

Imo, you can ruin the clubs identity when you change club crest too often.
look at Highfields Charlestown Azzurri Blues Wolves FC, they’ve had to adjust their logo a tonne.
All for modernising, I like what Lakes have done with their logo tbh. Looks a lot smarter, and Weston retain their heritage with their logo.

Goatscheese
18-01-2022, 11:15 AM

The problem is doing it during the summer break particularly when it is off-season and families who haven't been able to travel or go see family for nearly 2 years take this time off during Christmas and New years to go do exactly that. Don't think many would be too thrilled at having to make sure they factor time in their holiday to ensure that their kid can do his three training sessions, film it and send it through to the TD to ensure their kid will play in trial matches.

Goatscheese
18-01-2022, 11:17 AM
Any reason why edgy has changed their logo? It doesn’t look great and the old one was only a couple of years old anyways

Apparently it was required as part of their bid to enter this new national second tier competition. Make the logo more professional.

BS detecor
18-01-2022, 02:05 PM
The problem is doing it during the summer break particularly when it is off-season and families who haven't been able to travel or go see family for nearly 2 years take this time off during Christmas and New years to go do exactly that. Don't think many would be too thrilled at having to make sure they factor time in their holiday to ensure that their kid can do his three training sessions, film it and send it through to the TD to ensure their kid will play in trial matches.

If kids are fair dinkum they wouldn’t have to find time. If it’s a chore to go outside and kick a ball it’s not the TD’s fault

KITZ
18-01-2022, 02:58 PM

Yeah, but, yeah, but, yeah, but. really?

If holidays are you and your kids priority fine, but stop complaining for them when you miss out for someone who's prepared to work a bit harder. Lots of players are in the gym and still training over the break privately. Funnily enough you can go on holidays and still fit in kicking the ball around and a less structured exercise session.

The Hacker
18-01-2022, 07:28 PM
Yeah, but, yeah, but, yeah, but. really?

If holidays are you and your kids priority fine, but stop complaining for them when you miss out for someone who's prepared to work a bit harder. Lots of players are in the gym and still training over the break privately. Funnily enough you can go on holidays and still fit in kicking the ball around and a less structured exercise session.

Are we serious I’ll remember to pack the soccer ball for the trip to Fiji. They are playing NPL in Newcastle. If one of the kids in the entire age division across all the teams makes the A League let alone Europe as a pro it will be a miracle. So a 3-4 week break won’t end the world.

sapdad
18-01-2022, 08:37 PM
I dont really want to debate whether the kids should or shouldnt be training in the offseason but does anyone know for certain if there is a definitive policy on this issue?From experience these past few years the message from FFA to NNSW to TD's/Clubs to coaches is very very different from where it starts to where it ends up.If there are mandated breaks for certain ages then clubs breaking that are in the wrong.But if clubs have been left to make up their own schedule then they probably have every right to demand this type of stuff.As everyone has said kids and parents can choose whether to live and breathe football 24/7 or take a different approach.One thing our country is great at is never having a plan from top to bottom so theres no way anyone can say whats right or wrong.

KITZ
18-01-2022, 09:05 PM
Are we serious I’ll remember to pack the soccer ball for the trip to Fiji. They are playing NPL in Newcastle. If one of the kids in the entire age division across all the teams makes the A League let alone Europe as a pro it will be a miracle. So a 3-4 week break won’t end the world.

I genuinely don't care who takes a break and when. What I'm saying is don't complain when coaches pick other people because they don't need 6 weeks of fitness training when they come back. They aren't babies.

It literally has nothing to do with miracles. Its just about the work. And your right, because its a miracle for parents to realise what it actually takes to get a player to that level. Its not crying about taking a football on a holiday to Fiji, thats for sure.

KITZ
18-01-2022, 09:11 PM
I dont really want to debate whether the kids should or shouldnt be training in the offseason but does anyone know for certain if there is a definitive policy on this issue?From experience these past few years the message from FFA to NNSW to TD's/Clubs to coaches is very very different from where it starts to where it ends up.If there are mandated breaks for certain ages then clubs breaking that are in the wrong.But if clubs have been left to make up their own schedule then they probably have every right to demand this type of stuff.As everyone has said kids and parents can choose whether to live and breathe football 24/7 or take a different approach.One thing our country is great at is never having a plan from top to bottom so theres no way anyone can say whats right or wrong.

The mandated breaks are only for juniors (JDL / SAP), possibly in the handbook, but no one paid much attention to that bar a couple of clubs anyway.

djjones
18-01-2022, 10:11 PM
At 15/16 Craig Johnston made football his business so he flew to the UK and trained 6 hr days for 2 yrs to catch up to the other kids.

This is the boring extreme story but you will put in enough effort and hours to get to the level that YOU want.

Does a TD get his kids to a level he wants, or the committee wants, or the the kids want or just enough to win the comp? Theres no point in getting above first place in NNSW NPL is there?

Goatscheese
19-01-2022, 08:56 AM
If kids are fair dinkum they wouldn’t have to find time. If it’s a chore to go outside and kick a ball it’s not the TD’s fault

Well clearly the committee rightfully felt differently that expecting kids to film a session 3 days a week over Christmas and New Years was too much of a chore.

Funnily enough you can go on holidays and still fit in kicking the ball around and a less structured exercise session.

Yeah you can, this wasn't a less structed exercise session when since we have some free time go and kick the ball (not that all holidays are just lazing around somewhere). I don't see any of the top clubs getting their players to film three sessions a week over Christmas and New Years. I'd be surprised if any of the top clubs in Sydney or Melbourne are doing it as well.

This isn't just a case of packing a ball in with your luggage so they can kick it around

KITZ
19-01-2022, 03:49 PM
At 15/16 Craig Johnston made football his business so he flew to the UK and trained 6 hr days for 2 yrs to catch up to the other kids.

This is the boring extreme story but you will put in enough effort and hours to get to the level that YOU want.

Does a TD get his kids to a level he wants, or the committee wants, or the the kids want or just enough to win the comp? Theres no point in getting above first place in NNSW NPL is there?

You make a good point. Both the committee / TD / Coaching staff should be transparent around what their aims are for the club (and youth) and set the standard for both parents and players from when they sign / first day at training. I'm sure there was a reasonable middle ground that could have been had without either side going nuclear. After all its the players that end up with the raw end of the deal from the drama.

KITZ
19-01-2022, 09:06 PM
On a more senior note - Mitch Oxborrow picked up a contract in the Perth glory team - just been subbed on in the game tonight.

Goatscheese
21-01-2022, 11:48 AM
Anyone else heard that Doug West has left Magic as TD and signed up with South Cardiff as TD? Someone told me this and another person said that's what they heard as well. Seems odd that you would leave a TD role at an NPL team to go and do the same role at a NL1 team.

Unless of course Magic just wasn't a good place to be a non-Macedonian TD

KITZ
21-01-2022, 07:32 PM
Anyone else heard that Doug West has left Magic as TD and signed up with South Cardiff as TD? Someone told me this and another person said that's what they heard as well. Seems odd that you would leave a TD role at an NPL team to go and do the same role at a NL1 team.

Unless of course Magic just wasn't a good place to be a non-Macedonian TD

Or he got asked to leave?

Lots of non-macedonians at magic that seem to be doing just fine, and some that also have excellent coaches as well.

I also heard that the Jets 15's coach left and took over someone elses coaching spot unceremoniously in the 18's Possibly at South Cardiff as well? after he'd put the team together and had been coaching them.

Imyourhero
21-01-2022, 07:49 PM
So logistically how is it feasible to see this competition running in early March given COVID? Do we expect to see a smooth operation of games by this stage of our COVID lifestyle?

Doopche
22-01-2022, 08:03 AM
So is the 1st TD the same as the last TD named? Why aren’t we allowed to name the 1st TD but cheese man has named the TD and Club of 2nd one? From what I’ve heard the Magic TD didn’t do much anyway and just collected payments. Don’t think the guy has much loyalty, he’s had what 4 clubs in 4 years or something?

Goatscheese
24-01-2022, 01:41 PM
So is the 1st TD the same as the last TD named? Why aren’t we allowed to name the 1st TD but cheese man has named the TD and Club of 2nd one? From what I’ve heard the Magic TD didn’t do much anyway and just collected payments. Don’t think the guy has much loyalty, he’s had what 4 clubs in 4 years or something?

Different TD, but the Magic TD was asked to leave he didn't resign. The other TD might be the one you mean, he has had 3 clubs in 2 years (one he was at twice)

Goatscheese
24-01-2022, 01:44 PM
I also heard that the Jets 15's coach left and took over someone elses coaching spot unceremoniously in the 18's Possibly at South Cardiff as well? after he'd put the team together and had been coaching them.

I know one of the players at South Cardiff 18s, according to him, a number of players (including ones that had been at the club for years) refused to return because they didn't want the coach again (or be coached by him if coming up from 16s). He himself was considering leaving for another club because the other coach wasn't any good. As soon as this Jets coach got announced he stayed and from all reports has been much happier with the level of training and coaching provided.

Stanley
25-01-2022, 04:31 AM
Any trial games happening

25-01-2022, 05:00 PM

Maitland v Azzurri this Sunday 6pm 1st grade .I think lower grades are playing before.cooks square park

ABCDEF
26-01-2022, 11:28 AM

Edgeworth beat Adamstown 1-0 last weekend. Slow game but both sides looked decent for this early in the year

boz-monaut
27-01-2022, 08:03 PM
Cooks Hill United have officially announced the signing of Jacob Pepper for the 2022 season

28-01-2022, 07:39 AM
Cooks Hill United have officially announced the signing of Jacob Pepper for the 2022 season

Handy pick up

Stanley
28-01-2022, 12:33 PM
Handy pick up

And price tag to go with it, good on them for spending the money.

The Hacker
28-01-2022, 12:54 PM
Handy pick up

They have missed out on quiet a few targets. They needed to get one

Stanley
29-01-2022, 07:27 AM
Any trial games worth watching this weekend

KITZ
29-01-2022, 09:15 PM
Any trial games worth watching this weekend

Charlestown and Maitland tomorrow at cooks. 18s kickoff 215pm. 1st grade 6pm.

Negative Police
30-01-2022, 07:56 AM
Coaches Tanch and Dougy West to Cookers

Retro Jet
30-01-2022, 10:33 AM
Hi all
If there's anyone on this NPL thread who's actively involved with submitting their club's Limited Licence - Multi function (am0530) form, please PM me.

Cheers

30-01-2022, 09:01 PM
Trial game tonight Maitland 2 Azzurri 0

magician
31-01-2022, 12:16 PM
Trial game tonight Maitland 2 Azzurri 0
We’re both teams full strength?

Once played
31-01-2022, 03:15 PM
No Riley Smith + ?? for Azzurri. Maitland missing Goodman, G Brown, Sutherland.

Lloyd, Boags, Frendo, Bower, Melling, Tull, Jethro, Dom, Lundy, Frame, Arch
Paulson, McFarlane, Thomas, Blunden, Pratt, Cox, Clissold, Crowley, Thompson, Cousins, Bitz

magician
31-01-2022, 07:16 PM
No Riley Smith + ?? for Azzurri. Maitland missing Goodman, G Brown, Sutherland.

Lloyd, Boags, Frendo, Bower, Melling, Tull, Jethro, Dom, Lundy, Frame, Arch
Paulson, McFarlane, Thomas, Blunden, Pratt, Cox, Clissold, Crowley, Thompson, Cousins, Bitz

I think that’s where Azzurri will struggle. Up top. Haven’t got much depth up there by the sounds of it

31-01-2022, 08:45 PM
Adamstowm V Maitland Wednesday night 7pm

W8 WATCHER
02-02-2022, 08:53 AM
Valentine vs New Lambton last night at LMFF

Valentine- D Heffernan, M Thompson, N Cowburn, D Hughes, L thornton (missing Clarke, Higgins, C Thornton)
New Lambton- last year's crew, + 1 new recruit

Final score 3-3

Goatscheese
02-02-2022, 09:31 AM
To no one's surprise, Lino Gatti has resigned from the U18 squad at Charlestown. Who had bets on before start of season?

Hunter403
02-02-2022, 09:44 AM
To no one's surprise, Lino Gatti has resigned from the U18 squad at Charlestown. Who had bets on before start of season?

Got the shirt, now on to collecting the next one..

onlooker
02-02-2022, 10:13 AM

With his reputation for leaving clubs at the drop of a hat, why do clubs consistently keep hiring him? I know there is a shortage of good quality ( accredited) coaches but they end up having to find some one anyway may aswell do that to begin with!

Aegon
02-02-2022, 10:28 AM
Valentine vs New Lambton last night at LMFF

Valentine- D Heffernan, M Thompson, N Cowburn, D Hughes, L thornton (missing Clarke, Higgins, C Thornton)
New Lambton- last year's crew, + 1 new recruit

Final score 3-3

Are Valo now just Maitland 2.0?

Reds Forever
02-02-2022, 04:15 PM

More like Maitland Over 35's.

travellingman
03-02-2022, 05:07 PM

He had a falling out with the head coach from what I heard.

The Magician
03-02-2022, 06:23 PM

Which head coach, Graham or Boags?

03-02-2022, 09:24 PM
Maitland 6 Adamstown 0

late_to_the_game
03-02-2022, 10:07 PM

I could not imagine two more incompatible personalities....

Stanley
04-02-2022, 02:12 PM

We now have a Maitland version 0.2 (Valo)
and a Magic version 0.2 (Jaffas)

travellingman
05-02-2022, 09:12 AM
Which head coach, Graham or Boags?

Graham Law and it wouldn't surprise me if this is his last year at the club.
I think Boags will take over next year

The Magician
05-02-2022, 09:34 AM
Have Lakes or Jaffas had any trials yet?

05-02-2022, 11:28 AM
Have Lakes or Jaffas had any trials yet?

Maitland play Lakes tonight 6pm

The Magician
05-02-2022, 07:02 PM
Trials...
Magic 2 defeated Apia Leichardt 1
Thornton Redbacks 1 defeated Cook's Hill United 0

05-02-2022, 08:13 PM
Maitland 4 Lakes 1

terry
05-02-2022, 08:43 PM
Maitland 4 Lakes 1

oh dear. Normal services resumed

Hotline
05-02-2022, 08:48 PM
Weston 4 New Lambton 1

Negative Police
05-02-2022, 09:36 PM
Prize money shall be awarded in accordance with the following table:
1st Grade Premiers $10 000.00
1st Grade Second Place $2 000.00
1st Grade Grand Final Winners $4 000.00
1st Grade Grand Finalists $2 000.00
Club Championship $2 000.00
Club of the Year $1 000.00 First Touch Voucher
So finishing first is best?

06-02-2022, 09:52 PM
COACHING NEWS!!!!

We would like to announce we have secured the services of Peter McGuinness as Head First Grade Coach for 2022! Welcome to EEFC Peter & we look forward to the upcoming season! ��⚽️��⚽️⚫⚽️��

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/7608297/northern-nsw-npl-edgeworth-eagles-appoint-new-coach/

immersion
07-02-2022, 06:24 AM
COACHING NEWS!!!!

We would like to announce we have secured the services of Peter McGuinness as Head First Grade Coach for 2022! Welcome to EEFC Peter & we look forward to the upcoming season! ��⚽️��⚽️⚫⚽️��

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/7608297/northern-nsw-npl-edgeworth-eagles-appoint-new-coach/

A less than ideal appointment IMO.

Father and son combination again which is less than ideal. Jake has always been hard to control at the best of times from what I have heard. Perhaps, age has helped Jake mature.

I suppose Edgeworth didn't have much time to appoint someone with about 3-4 weeks before the comp kicks off.

W8 WATCHER
07-02-2022, 08:10 AM
Maitland 6 Adamstown 0
I heard score was 9-0 ?

Dt123
07-02-2022, 08:19 AM
I heard score was 9-0 ?
8-0 in the rain

Goatscheese
07-02-2022, 08:38 AM
So finishing first is best?

Why wouldn't it be?

Goatscheese
07-02-2022, 08:39 AM
Anyone know the results of Adamstown against Rydalmere?

Saw Weston play New Lambton, wins for Weston except in the 18s. Looks like it will be a long year for them

Buddha
07-02-2022, 08:41 AM
A less than ideal appointment IMO.

Father and son combination again which is less than ideal. Jake has always been hard to control at the best of times from what I have heard. Perhaps, age has helped Jake mature.

I suppose Edgeworth didn't have much time to appoint someone with about 3-4 weeks before the comp kicks off.
Unless im mistaken, but Jake lined up in a trial for Newcastle Croatia on Saturday so he might not be playing for his old man

The Hacker
07-02-2022, 12:51 PM
Unless im mistaken, but Jake lined up in a trial for Newcastle Croatia on Saturday so he might not be playing for his old man

That’s a vast difference NPL to ZL3. He might go now his old mans been announced. It’s a step back for the Eagles in my opinion. Just recycling the same coaches who have the same favourites. No wonder young kids struggle to crack in to first grade

mge61
07-02-2022, 01:58 PM

You are correct.

immersion
08-02-2022, 07:36 AM

I stand corrected thanks.

Stanley
08-02-2022, 10:08 AM
I know Magic beat Apia 2-1 in the Darren Stewart cup, any other scores from weekend trials. I’m interested to know how my competition favourites pick Lambton Jaffas are going, have they played any games ???

Premy
08-02-2022, 11:29 AM
I know Magic beat Apia 2-1 in the Darren Stewart cup, any other scores from weekend trials. I’m interested to know how my competition favourites pick Lambton Jaffas are going, have they played any games ???

Jaffas have trial this weekend against Northern Tigers.

GO AWAY
08-02-2022, 03:43 PM

ON Darren Stewart Cup day, stags and Apia 23s actually play FOR the cup …. Just saying 😉

Stanley
08-02-2022, 09:00 PM
ON Darren Stewart Cup day, stags and Apia 23s actually play FOR the cup …. Just saying ��

Apologies, don’t mean to offend anyone. I stand corrected, Magic 2-1 v Apia on Darren Stewart cup day.

09-02-2022, 04:50 PM
Olympic V Maitland tonight 7pm

HAFC_ZL
09-02-2022, 08:06 PM
That’s a vast difference NPL to ZL3. He might go now his old mans been announced. It’s a step back for the Eagles in my opinion. Just recycling the same coaches who have the same favourites. No wonder young kids struggle to crack in to first grade

Had a good chat to him after said game on the weekend, he's definitely done with NPL for now. He just wants to kick a ball with mates he has at the Croats. After a season though who knows, as you said the difference in quality is vast.

ForeverRed
09-02-2022, 09:32 PM
Cooks hill have pulled out of the u16s NPL completion, doesn’t sound like they were ready for promotion to me 🤦🤷*♂️

BBscone
09-02-2022, 11:33 PM
Cooks hill have pulled out of the u16s NPL completion, doesn’t sound like they were ready for promotion to me 🤦🤷*♂️So.....how did they get promoted? Due Diligence process? Surely after all of the rubbish with NL1 Clubs who cannot field teams, a newly promoted NPL program would have their ducks in a row? What an absolute farce.

09-02-2022, 11:43 PM
Maitland 4 Olympic 2,both sides missing players. Olympic up 2-0 early but Maitland finished the strongest .

Goatscheese
10-02-2022, 08:48 AM
So.....how did they get promoted? Due Diligence process? Surely after all of the rubbish with NL1 Clubs who cannot field teams, a newly promoted NPL program would have their ducks in a row? What an absolute farce.

Last year they did have all 4 teams. For whatever reason these players have gone. I've heard comments they promoted the wrong club but if the reason is as others pointed out that players didn't want to play at a higher level and would rather be competitive in the lower division then stands to reason that there would be players from other clubs that would do the same

This decoupling plan I heard of can't come soon enough.

W8 WATCHER
10-02-2022, 09:14 AM
Last year they did have all 4 teams. For whatever reason these players have gone. I've heard comments they promoted the wrong club but if the reason is as others pointed out that players didn't want to play at a higher level and would rather be competitive in the lower division then stands to reason that there would be players from other clubs that would do the same

This decoupling plan I heard of can't come soon enough.

from all accounts,
Cookers let go many of there foundation players in all there age groups. It's a sad scenario, as those players were part of their success and promotion.on the basis they would attract players from other Npl clubs.
we all know its his coaching style

ForeverRed
10-02-2022, 09:18 AM
It’s a bad look for NNSWF, who controls this stuff, it’s embarrassing, you either do the due diligence or you don’t, it’s like “we have upgraded the oval and painted the grandstand”
fine, you’re getting promoted
“ but did we mention we don’t have enough players” 🤷*♂️🤦🤷*♂️🤦

W8 WATCHER
10-02-2022, 09:23 AM
Cooks hill have pulled out of the u16s NPL completion, doesn’t sound like they were ready for promotion to me ����*♂️

How does NNSWF allow this, there is strict compliance to be in the top flight.
Cookers have had teams in all ages , baffling why now in promotion year they cant.

2 options would be, points deducted of their 1st grade or dropped back to NL1.
Seems harsh but if allowed, sets a precedent for the bottom 4-6 teams, to do the same in future?
thoughts on this.

KITZ
10-02-2022, 09:39 AM
How does NNSWF allow this, there is strict compliance to be in the top flight.
Cookers have had teams in all ages , baffling why now in promotion year they cant.

2 options would be, points deducted of their 1st grade or dropped back to NL1.
Seems harsh but if allowed, sets a precedent for the bottom 4-6 teams, to do the same in future?
thoughts on this.

Of course they'd have to allow it. Lakes lost a whole team of 16's last year, so they can't turn around and tell cooks that they can't do the same.

In all honestly if they promoted New Lambton they might get lucky and still field a team because every time I've seen them they carry a full team, and the maximum amount of subs in each age group. in JDL they were rotating a full team on and off the park, and in NL1 games I've seen them do almost the same. Maybe northern need to cut the amount of players a club is allowed to register in each age group. For the girls JDL for the amount of subs NL had, those girls could have filled open spots at other clubs so those clubs could have enough subs, and those girls actually get more than 10 minutes of game time a week. Its extremely unfair on those kids to carry that many subs. If you looked at the top NL1 clubs now I reckon you could find all those missing u16s players sitting on the bench and playing 20 minutes of football a week.

In saying that I reckon the bailout in any other NL1 team that got promoted would be the same. Some kids just want to win so they sit at the top in NL1 and ignore the fact there's a whole competition above them. 16s is also a really difficult age group to fill, there's boys competing for places from 13-15s but if you are up for the challenge if you jump to 16s you can find somewhere to play.

W8 WATCHER
10-02-2022, 09:54 AM
Of course they'd have to allow it. Lakes lost a whole team of 16's last year, so they can't turn around and tell cooks that they can't do the same.

In all honestly if they promoted New Lambton they might get lucky and still field a team because every time I've seen them they carry a full team, and the maximum amount of subs in each age group. in JDL they were rotating a full team on and off the park, and in NL1 games I've seen them do almost the same. Maybe northern need to cut the amount of players a club is allowed to register in each age group. For the girls JDL for the amount of subs NL had, those girls could have filled open spots at other clubs so those clubs could have enough subs, and those girls actually get more than 10 minutes of game time a week. Its extremely unfair on those kids to carry that many subs. If you looked at the top NL1 clubs now I reckon you could find all those missing u16s players sitting on the bench and playing 20 minutes of football a week.

In saying that I reckon the bailout in any other NL1 team that got promoted would be the same. Some kids just want to win so they sit at the top in NL1 and ignore the fact there's a whole competition above them. 16s is also a really difficult age group to fill, there's boys competing for places from 13-15s but if you are up for the challenge if you jump to 16s you can find somewhere to play.

right
i wasn't aware of that, very poor form, from both Lakes and NNSWF then to allow to downgrade the top flight competition.
why have criteria to enter the NPL competition then?

KITZ
10-02-2022, 10:02 AM
right
i wasn't aware of that, very poor form, from both Lakes and NNSWF then to allow to downgrade the top flight competition.
why have criteria to enter the NPL competition then?

I don't think northern like to do it, and it does cost the club. Maybe now having TSP go through to 16s it might give players more incentive to stay. I think dropping off following players as they get older is a mistake northern are trying to rectify. Having elite representation through 16-18's and into reserves provides an alternate incentive for youth to keep playing, to know there's still options for them to be identified and in being identified it might also help them push into first grade football. I don't think its really the clubs fault I think its a mixture of what players think about their place on the ladder, the drop off in the past of following players after they turn 15, and teenagers just losing interest in the amount of commitment or getting jobs / doing their HSC etc etc. I think you'd even find in the top clubs in the 16s they don't carry a completely full bench of subs and there's more opportunity for the 15s playing up into 16s then in the more competitive younger age groups.

It is a shame that this is happened in their first year though. Means you have to work extra hard to recruit in your 18s if you don't have a young 18s squad who can play another season of 18s.

AVB
10-02-2022, 11:09 AM
from all accounts,
Cookers let go many of there foundation players in all there age groups. It's a sad scenario, as those players were part of their success and promotion.on the basis they would attract players from other Npl clubs.
we all know its his coaching style

This simply isn’t true, the majority of 2021 youth players who were keen to progress to the NPL were retained.

The club had a very decent team in the age group that would have player u16s in 2022 - In 2021 the u15s ran 2nd and in 2020 they won the u14 Grand final. The issue was simply the existing players not being interested in playing NPL despite all efforts by the club to convince them otherwise. Turns out that when the bottom 3 or 4 teams get flogged every week by the top 3 or 4 teams it turns players away all together.

COVID/Unknowns around trials etc all played a role in effecting the club’s ability to attract external talent. I'm told, In August had 40 EOI responses from external players for u16s positions however with all the unknowns around COVID lockdowns at the time, most players had resolved to remain at their existing clubs by the time trials were allowed in November.

The final nail in the coffin for the team this year, was that other clubs were struggling for numbers and cooks hill decided to take the bullet to release their players so that a couple of other teams would get the numbers they need to fill their own teams.

Undertaker
10-02-2022, 11:20 AM
Lakes lost their U/16’s due to their coach being let go for being “too harsh” and wanting to win instead of developing.

All the players walked due to having the coaches back and not wanting to stay at a club that doesn’t care about what the parents and players want/say.

Goatscheese
10-02-2022, 11:46 AM
The final nail in the coffin for the team this year, was that other clubs were struggling for numbers and cooks hill decided to take the bullet to release their players so that a couple of other teams would get the numbers they need to fill their own teams.

Hmm not sure about this, Cooks Hill recently raided another club taking their players and forcing them to fold their 15s team.

Zico
10-02-2022, 11:50 AM
It’s a no brainer. If they don’t or can’t meet the minimum requirement for NPL then move them back to NL1.

This will be a test for NNSWF and hopefully they stand fast and enforce their own rules.

Oldy
10-02-2022, 11:56 AM
This simply isn’t true, the majority of 2021 youth players who were keen to progress to the NPL were retained.

The club had a very decent team in the age group that would have player u16s in 2022 - In 2021 the u15s ran 2nd and in 2020 they won the u14 Grand final. The issue was simply the existing players not being interested in playing NPL despite all efforts by the club to convince them otherwise. Turns out that when the bottom 3 or 4 teams get flogged every week by the top 3 or 4 teams it turns players away all together.

Geez. A bunch of decent 15yo arent up to the challenge of playing with in the top grade for 1 year. Yeah they might finish bottom 4 but they might not. Theyll learn more there than whipping NL1 teams year after year.
Sounds like these pea hearts should go straight to Church comp cause All Age will be a little tough.

W8 WATCHER
10-02-2022, 12:06 PM
Geez. A bunch of decent 15yo arent up to the challenge of playing with in the top grade for 1 year. Yeah they might finish bottom 4 but they might not. Theyll learn more there than whipping NL1 teams year after year.
Sounds like these pea hearts should go straight to Church comp cause All Age will be a little tough.

i was thinking the same, if they had 4 to 5 16 year olds already, and promoted some better 15 year olds, this would work.
At least they would develop playing up.
As for players leaving because they don't want to go up to NPL, I'm not sure about this.
Cooks Hill have been pushing for promotion, so it's not a secret to all players at club.
i think they were told to re trial or not required and left personally.

KITZ
10-02-2022, 01:32 PM
Lakes lost their U/16’s due to their coach being let go for being “too harsh” and wanting to win instead of developing.

All the players walked due to having the coaches back and not wanting to stay at a club that doesn’t care about what the parents and players want/say.

What a load of rubbish. The parents were short sighted and frankly stupid, playing for themselves and not the team, by walking like that it shows they didn't give two shits what happened to their team mates, I wouldn't have taken any of them at another club with the piss poor attitude they showed. They left team mates high and dry and needed to grow the f up.

Also there were issues with player behaviour and they didn't like being told that they needed to get their act together. lack of discipline, lack of respect for the club, the team and themselves..... need I go on? Keep blaming the club but everyone knows it wasn't just about that. They were the last of the youth coming through from the clubs old system, when the club picked up its standards, they weren't capable of meeting the required behaviours. The ones that stayed were either found other clubs by the club or were offered to go straight to 18s.

Dodo14
10-02-2022, 01:38 PM
Another way of looking at it was that the club wanted a certain culture at the club and wasn't prepared to be pushed around by a coach that didn't fit that culture. Not all the players walked. Of those that remained several were assisted in finding new clubs by the lakes TD, and several were promoted to the U18 squad.

KITZ
10-02-2022, 01:43 PM
Another way of looking at it was that the club wanted a certain culture at the club and wasn't prepared to be pushed around by a coach that didn't fit that culture. Not all the players walked. Of those that remained several were assisted in finding new clubs by the lakes TD, and several were promoted to the U18 squad.

Sorry, I edited to elaborate on my tirade there. lol.

BBscone
10-02-2022, 04:45 PM
i was thinking the same, if they had 4 to 5 16 year olds already, and promoted some better 15 year olds, this would work.
At least they would develop playing up.
As for players leaving because they don't want to go up to NPL, I'm not sure about this.
Cooks Hill have been pushing for promotion, so it's not a secret to all players at club.
i think they were told to re trial or not required and left personally.I am told Cooks Hill Youth were in and around 4th in NL1 Youth comps. NL and Belswans took over the top positions over recent years and both have shown in pre season that they can compete with NPL teams it seems?. The question to Ckids not wanting the challenge rings true when they couldn't win the second tier. Northern have once again cocked it up.

Eastwest
10-02-2022, 04:55 PM
I am told Cooks Hill Youth were in and around 4th in NL1 Youth comps. NL and Belswans took over the top positions over recent years and both have shown in pre season that they can compete with NPL teams it seems?. The question to Ckids not wanting the challenge rings true when they couldn't win the second tier. Northern have once again cocked it up.

Equal 2nd last year.
https://websites.mygameday.app/comp_info.cgi?a=LADDER&compID=575983&c=0-8304-0-0-0

Anyway. If the youth was de-coupled then another team could have been promoted taking out the stupid bye.

GO AWAY
10-02-2022, 08:27 PM
Equal 2nd last year.
https://websites.mygameday.app/comp_info.cgi?a=LADDER&compID=575983&c=0-8304-0-0-0

Anyway. If the youth was de-coupled then another team could have been promoted taking out the stupid bye.

Just put NL 16s in can’t be that hard

Hunter403
10-02-2022, 08:59 PM
Just put NL 16s in can’t be that hard

It is because NL1 is also missing teams as some clubs can't field them as well.

The Hacker
10-02-2022, 09:23 PM

Which ones are missing teams

jim wallis
10-02-2022, 09:37 PM

throwing NL in NPL might stop a bye in NL1 as well

BBscone
10-02-2022, 11:11 PM
Equal 2nd last year.

Anyway. If the youth was de-coupled then another team could have been promoted taking out the stupid bye. Across the board Cooks Hill were not where the other two were in all Youth grades and their first grade were humbled when it mattered. The investment in Seniors has obviously been ignored in Youth. Not a model that gives any long term confidence Mr Eland.

Hunter403
11-02-2022, 10:11 AM
Which ones are missing teams

Wallsend, Singo, Toronto

The Hacker
11-02-2022, 10:19 AM
Wallsend, Singo, Toronto

Wow what ages

Hunter403
11-02-2022, 11:00 AM
Wow what ages

oh, and Northern Inland
Some clubs are missing one team and others two. Sorry, can't accurately tell you that a the moment as I can't remember which ones are down one or two. The draw for NL1 youth will be a basket case.

The sooner decoupling comes, the better.
The sooner NNSWF enforce their own rules, the better

Some of these clubs have been short of teams for multiple years. Excuses don't cut it any more in my view. They have had plenty of time to get their houses in order.

BBscone
11-02-2022, 01:37 PM
oh, and Northern Inland
Some clubs are missing one team and others two. Sorry, can't accurately tell you that a the moment as I can't remember which ones are down one or two. The draw for NL1 youth will be a basket case.

The sooner decoupling comes, the better.
The sooner NNSWF enforce their own rules, the better

Some of these clubs have been short of teams for multiple years. Excuses don't cut it any more in my view. They have plenty of time to get their houses in order.Correct. No consequence, why bother? Split the comp into 2 tiers immediately. If clubs complain make it very clear that they are not good enough. NPL 1 - Magic Jaffas Olympic Maitland Weston Edgey Azzurri Valentine (drop Cooks Hill as a consequence).
NPL 2 - Rosebuds Lakes Cooks Hill New Lambton Belswans Kahibah Southy Westy, Thornton and Cessnock.
Promotion and relegation, Youth Criteria and mandatory licensed Coaches. Wallsend, Singleton Toronto into ZPL, no Youth, introduce promotion and relegation between Zones. Newcastle Croatia will be in ZPL in 3 years.

Hunter403
11-02-2022, 01:51 PM
Correct. No consequence, why bother? Split the comp into 2 tiers immediately. If clubs complain make it very clear that they are not good enough. NPL 1 - Magic Jaffas Olympic Maitland Weston Edgey Azzurri Valentine (drop Cooks Hill as a consequence).
NPL 2 - Rosebuds Lakes Cooks Hill New Lambton Belswans Kahibah Southy Westy, Thornton and Cessnock.
Promotion and relegation, Youth Criteria and mandatory licensed Coaches. Wallsend, Singleton Toronto into ZPL, no Youth, introduce promotion and relegation between Zones. Newcastle Croatia will be in ZPL in 3 years.

Sounds workable .... so it won't happen. The squealing from the current NPL teams that will be relegated to NPL2 and the screams of the NL1 clubs that face relegation to ZPL would be deafening. For the good of the game, this model needs to come in (which clubs go where up for argument).

jim wallis
11-02-2022, 03:16 PM
oh, and Northern Inland. Some clubs are missing one team and others two. Sorry, can't accurately tell you that a the moment as I can't remember which ones are down one or two. The draw for NL1 youth will be a basket case.

What a slop fest.

Goatscheese
11-02-2022, 03:25 PM
Sounds workable .... so it won't happen. The squealing from the current NPL teams that will be relegated to NPL2 and the screams of the NL1 clubs that face relegation to ZPL would be deafening. For the good of the game, this model needs to come in (which clubs go where up for argument).

Some of the NPL clubs that won't go down early on and will stay up there at least for a couple of seasons are squealing because it will mean they will have to focus on developing their players rather then being able to go and poach the best players from NL1 because all of a sudden those NL1 teams will be up there in the same league as these teams

The Postman
11-02-2022, 09:15 PM
Wow what ages

The only thing shocking about this is that there aren’t more NewFM clubs than can’t fill all grades.

Captain_Carl
11-02-2022, 11:51 PM
Croudace Bay, Lisle Carr and Arthur Edden are all clay based. This time of year the evaporation does a decent job in taking away surface water but in the cooler months it is a real challenge. My dear friends at Valentine are undergoing a facility upgrade so with the new drainage system put in place the regular washouts should be a thing of the past. Horns will be on sale again this season for $10 each and I hope we can all create an electric atmosphere for the players to enjoy. Jeepers creepers yeah!

The Hacker
12-02-2022, 01:47 AM
Correct. No consequence, why bother? Split the comp into 2 tiers immediately. If clubs complain make it very clear that they are not good enough. NPL 1 - Magic Jaffas Olympic Maitland Weston Edgey Azzurri Valentine (drop Cooks Hill as a consequence).

Big call 3yrs. They have played 1 trial game

Jardelsimage
12-02-2022, 06:13 AM

No offence to anyone but how many times do we have to bring up how the comps should be run.
The same old chestnuts come up with different variations, same song, different singer.
I've been doing this shit for over 30 years and nothing has changed and nothing will until new blood gets on the board of NNSWFA to change it, and that is the only way you will change it.
Currently it is about making money, not players.(that's both club and Northern) someone has to pay the players.
They have never listened to the people, then or now.

PS: i hope Pops and his Croatia make the ZPL in 3 years, that's really the easy bit, staying there is the hard part....

Goatscheese
14-02-2022, 09:30 AM
Edgy 1st grade went down to Mariners but they had some moments of brilliance. Reserves also went down 4-1 but heard they had 4 or 5 U16s playing and some U18s so to be expected. Good to see Edgy giving opportunities to so many of their youth players even if it is only during trials.

jim wallis
15-02-2022, 09:41 PM
NNSW wants to hear from you about the future of local football.

Public feedback link below
https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=TIC1E-9QrkqCN1vW2jZwXo72QRbvPWlCu9x3f-uNDGlURU1SMTBXVU4yTEI0TEhNT0FaSFpLNENBWC4u

Hunter403
16-02-2022, 08:54 AM
NNSW wants to hear from you about the future of local football.

Public feedback link below
https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=TIC1E-9QrkqCN1vW2jZwXo72QRbvPWlCu9x3f-uNDGlURU1SMTBXVU4yTEI0TEhNT0FaSFpLNENBWC4u

The survey is a "review into the effectiveness and efficiency of the governance and administration structures which underpin the game in our region"

The want our opinion on how the game is run, not the football itself.

Yesk21
16-02-2022, 09:24 AM
Predictions
Jaffas
Maitland
Magic
Azzurri
Edgy
Olympic
Weston
Cookers
Lakes
Valo
Adamstown

Stanley
16-02-2022, 09:29 PM
Predictions
Jaffas
Maitland
Magic
Azzurri
Edgy
Olympic
Weston
Cookers
Lakes
Valo
Adamstown

Maitland will be the team to beat, followed by:
Jaffas
Edgeworth
Azzurri
Magic
Cooks Hill
Valentine
Weston
Olympic
Lakes
Adamstowm

GO AWAY
17-02-2022, 09:56 AM
Maitland will be the team to beat, followed by:
Jaffas
Edgeworth
Azzurri
Magic
Cooks Hill
Valentine
Weston
Olympic
Lakes
Adamstowm

The Greeks will love that

Once played
19-02-2022, 02:02 PM
Jaffas V CHU tonight?

W8 WATCHER
19-02-2022, 07:29 PM
Jaffas V CHU tonight?

CHFC ressies 0 vs Jaffas ressies 13

Stanley
19-02-2022, 07:42 PM
CHFC ressies 0 vs Jaffas ressies 13

Wow, hope first grade is a little closer

Once played
19-02-2022, 08:06 PM
Jaffas 0 CHU 2 in first grade.

Sessions, Pawiak, Wood, Pettit missing for Jaffas.

Not sure who was missing for CHU as not sure of squad for 2022.

Stanley
19-02-2022, 09:09 PM

That’s another wow, didn’t see that result coming, given the squad Jaffas has.

The Hacker
20-02-2022, 02:07 AM
That’s another wow, didn’t see that result coming, given the squad Jaffas has.

What it says is Cooks Hill have a decent top 12-14 players and after that nothing if they are shipping 13 goals

Wild Thang
20-02-2022, 07:49 PM

Come season kickoff I can’t see this happening trials always have mixed results but well done to cookers

20-02-2022, 07:59 PM
Maitland 2 valentine 0

MCG_1997
21-02-2022, 07:57 AM
Lake Macquarie vs Azzuri - Sunday 20 Feb 22
18's: 4-0
Res: 1-1
1st: 2-1

Captain_Carl
22-02-2022, 11:18 PM
Has anyone seen the new development at Croudace Bay? It is really going ahead and Valo will be the beneficiaries of a great facility. I am hoping to do a fundraiser to get enough money for them to build a statue of me blowing the horn to put at the entrance of the new ground.

ForeverRed
23-02-2022, 08:42 AM
Has anyone seen the new development at Croudace Bay? It is really going ahead and Valo will be the beneficiaries of a great facility. I am hoping to do a fundraiser to get enough money for them to build a statue of me blowing the horn to put at the entrance of the new ground.

So the birds can shit all over you, I’d like to see that

Hurricane
23-02-2022, 09:30 AM

Why would they put up a statue of an Edgeworth supporter

The Magician
23-02-2022, 09:52 AM
Heffernan to Valo

Wells and Donellan (Jets Youth) to Magic and Jose Atayde returns.

Hearing a few clubs having PPS issues, players initially signed having to be let go and looking for clubs because they don't fit.

W8 WATCHER
23-02-2022, 10:07 AM
Heffernan to Valo

Wells and Donellan (Jets Youth) to Magic and Jose Atayde returns.

Hearing a few clubs having PPS issues, players initially signed having to be let go and looking for clubs because they don't fit.

any surplus players, aged over 35+ will be swept up by Valo, they need to balance their young to old ratio at the club in 2022......:chant:

cobra23
23-02-2022, 11:02 AM
Why would they put up a statue of an Edgeworth supporter

well played:lulz:

boz-monaut
24-02-2022, 07:38 PM
more trial game results

Final score in tonight’s trial game Cooks Hill 4: Newcastle Olympic 2

W8 WATCHER
25-02-2022, 09:57 AM
more trial game results

Final score in tonight’s trial game Cooks Hill 4: Newcastle Olympic 2

olympic in a world of hurt unfortunately

Allday
26-02-2022, 06:39 PM
Todays results
Jaffas 8 valo 0

The Magician
26-02-2022, 07:02 PM
Magic Reserves 5- New Lambton 2

BS detecor
26-02-2022, 10:00 PM
Magic Reserves 5- New Lambton 2

New Lambton firsts?

The Magician
26-02-2022, 10:14 PM
New Lambton firsts?

Yes... Magic First Grade had weekend off after a solid preseason of trials.

riverboy
26-02-2022, 11:43 PM
Yes... Magic First Grade had weekend off after a solid preseason of trials.

Good to see some common sense. I think teams play too many trials these days

W8 WATCHER
27-02-2022, 07:34 AM
New Lambton firsts?
NL Eagles missing 7 players in 1st grade
Score was actually 4-2
In other games NL Eagles 18 and ressies beat magic 4-1 and 2-1

Bremsstrahlung
27-02-2022, 08:32 AM
NL Eagles missing 7 players in 1st grade
Score was actually 4-2
In other games NL Eagles 18 and ressies beat magic 4-1 and 2-1

So it was Magic 1st grade vs NL first grade, with both sides without a large portion of their preferred starting 11, so you’d struggle to call it best 11 v best 11.
A normal preseason game where you can’t read anything into results

BS detecor
27-02-2022, 08:46 AM
So it was Magic 1st grade vs NL first grade, with both sides without a large portion of their preferred starting 11, so you’d struggle to call it best 11 v best 11.
A normal preseason game where you can’t read anything into results

No because it was 16s v 18s and 18s v reserves. Today I believe the youth are playing an age group up too

W8 WATCHER
27-02-2022, 09:17 AM
No because it was 16s v 18s and 18s v reserves. Today I believe the youth are playing an age group up too
So was NL
There 18's and ressies are aged between 16 to 19, which were also playing up.
NL 1st are aged from 17' to 24

Either way its a trial, let the season begin

Speedymetric
27-02-2022, 11:35 AM
Any trials on today?

BBscone
27-02-2022, 11:40 AM
New Lambton firsts?I watched this at No 2. Entertaining day. New Lambton Res/1sts, (they had 7 1st team away according to their GM). Score was 4-2 Magic and they scored the 4th on the bell. NL were poor first half and then their impressive young boys came on at 3-0 and they dominated parts to get back to 3-2 against well credentialed Magic Youth players aside from Atayde who was best on park. NL Res beat Magic 18s 1-0 but NL Res were mostly 18s and NL 18s beat Magic 16s 3-1. Magics clear development focus under Cresnar and Zane is really very heartening to see. Lots of decent talent and NL had some excellent young players for a NL1 program.

cobra23
03-03-2022, 12:13 PM
predictions for the weekend round 1

JAFFA$ V PIES - WASHOUT TO WIN
EDGY V VALO - WASHOUT TO WIN
OLYMPIC V WESTON - WASHOUT TO WIN
COOKERS V BUDS - WASHOUT TO WIN
LAKES V MAGIC - WASHOUT TO WIN

Jardelsimage
03-03-2022, 03:12 PM
predictions for the weekend round 1

JAFFA$ V PIES - WASHOUT TO WIN
EDGY V VALO - WASHOUT TO WIN
OLYMPIC V WESTON - WASHOUT TO WIN
COOKERS V BUDS - WASHOUT TO WIN
LAKES V MAGIC - WASHOUT TO WIN

5 out 5 Cobra, games off already.

cobra23
04-03-2022, 09:49 AM
5 out 5 Cobra, games off already.

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

The Magician
05-03-2022, 11:38 AM
Beautiful weekend for football

boz-monaut
05-03-2022, 01:55 PM
so other than the issue of clubs purchasing lots of bread rolls or other non-freezable food that they can no longer sell - what would be the problem with waiting until Friday or even Saturday to call the entire damn round off?

The Hacker
05-03-2022, 02:06 PM
so other than the issue of clubs purchasing lots of bread rolls or other non-freezable food that they can no longer sell - what would be the problem with waiting until Friday or even Saturday to call the entire damn round off?

It’s ridiculous I know a few teams that have played intra club games today

mge61
05-03-2022, 08:50 PM

Another dud call by Northern. Let the games go ahead that could have been played and re-schedule those that couldn’t.

ForeverRed
06-03-2022, 01:06 AM
Another dud call by Northern. Let the games go ahead that could have been played and re-schedule those that couldn’t.

🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️

Jardelsimage
07-03-2022, 07:23 AM

not sure if it's true, i hear Edgy trained Friday night??

I also heard that was consultation with clubs and the clubs chose to call it off????

In the end, i think over the years there have been some very bad calls made by the powers on both sides, this might go down as the best..........

boz-monaut
07-03-2022, 07:52 AM
the forecast looks pretty bad this week too - might as well call the games off now and save time

The Magician
07-03-2022, 08:08 AM
not sure if it's true, i hear Edgy trained Friday night??

I also heard that was consultation with clubs and the clubs chose to call it off????

In the end, i think over the years there have been some very bad calls made by the powers on both sides, this might go down as the best..........

Newcastle Council closed all fields in its LGA till Monday (today) 7am on Thursday, they would have communicated this to NNSWF, not sure if LMCC did the same...

mge61
07-03-2022, 09:20 AM
Newcastle Council closed all fields in its LGA till Monday (today) 7am on Thursday, they would have communicated this to NNSWF, not sure if LMCC did the same...

Souths Newcastle RL training on Dangar Park over the weekend maybe the closures were only ⚽️ related 🙁

Jardelsimage
07-03-2022, 12:18 PM

where did the W league play this week?

Goatscheese
07-03-2022, 12:52 PM
Souths Newcastle RL training on Dangar Park over the weekend maybe the closures were only ⚽️ related 🙁

Well according to this Dangar Park was closed

https://newcastle.nsw.gov.au/groundinfo

Maybe Souths just ignored the council and trained anyway

onlooker
07-03-2022, 04:29 PM
where did the W league play this week?

They played at #2 on the Friday. But they don’t fall under the NNSW banner. NNSW put a blanket close over all competition and trial games they are in charge of, same as the Jets youth girls who played Apia on Sunday at Speers point, whilst it was at a NNSW venue they had no control of the game went ahead or not other then if lightning was around in the day!!

Jardelsimage
07-03-2022, 06:52 PM
They played at #2 on the Friday. But they don’t fall under the NNSW banner. NNSW put a blanket close over all competition and trial games they are in charge of, same as the Jets youth girls who played Apia on Sunday at Speers point, whilst it was at a NNSW venue they had no control of the game went ahead or not other then if lightning was around in the day!!

didnt Newcastle council call all grounds off blanket style? or was it northern? refer back to 1st post.

onlooker
07-03-2022, 08:15 PM
didnt Newcastle council call all grounds off blanket style? or was it northern? refer back to 1st post.

From memory when a council close the grounds they make those calls for the weekdays, but once the weekend hits it is handed over to the clubs to make the call at their own risk. Any damage is at their cost ( I could be wrong but as I said from memory). I would suggest the jets took into consideration that they could fix anything that happens to the ground. This is possibly how the jets where able to play and Northern calling a blanket close on Rnd 1 was why the local clubs couldn’t.

Jim
07-03-2022, 09:14 PM
From memory when a council close the grounds they make those calls for the weekdays, but once the weekend hits it is handed over to the clubs to make the call at their own risk. Any damage is at their cost ( I could be wrong but as I said from memory). I would suggest the jets took into consideration that they could fix anything that happens to the ground. This is possibly how the jets where able to play and Northern calling a blanket close on Rnd 1 was why the local clubs couldn’t.

Jets 13s to 23s are registered to FNSW. Not sure how this puts the grounds into neutral zoning

northern_swan
08-03-2022, 09:10 AM

That is normally the case, however Council still reserve the right to close all grounds at their discretion, which they did on this occasion. As far as I'm aware, Lake Mac council didn't.

Blanket closures have happened before. Did NCC jump the gun? Possibly. I note that all the C&S cricket got moved to Lake Mac grounds according to their socials. Not sure if it went ahead or not.

Lofty
08-03-2022, 10:20 AM
The email from NCC stated that all grounds closed except for National Park No. 2 and games scheduled for that Friday night.

terry
08-03-2022, 01:33 PM
Wonder if therell be a blanket closure again this week.

They should call off each individual ground as needed. Weather guessing isnt working so well

Goatscheese
09-03-2022, 09:57 AM
Wonder if therell be a blanket closure again this week.

They should call off each individual ground as needed. Weather guessing isnt working so well

Should've left it, Azzurri would've been able to host youth last weekend, our fields at Gateshead dry quite quickly

Jim
09-03-2022, 05:18 PM
Should've left it, Azzurri would've been able to host youth last weekend, our fields at Gateshead dry quite quickly

Probably the only playable ground this weekend and you have the bye. :facepalm:

Goatscheese
09-03-2022, 10:36 PM
Probably the only playable ground this weekend and you have the bye. :facepalm:

I won't blame Northern for the fixture, but yeah it probably is the only playable ground this weekend.

djjones
11-03-2022, 08:13 PM
Finally some footy. Cooks v Maitland bartv

KITZ
11-03-2022, 08:48 PM
Finally some footy. Cooks v Maitland bartv

Rest of the game will be interesting now!

mge61
11-03-2022, 09:00 PM
Rest of the game will be interesting now!

How did it look on BarTV looked like he got the ball watching from the stand?

hamburgler
11-03-2022, 10:10 PM
How did it look on BarTV looked like he got the ball watching from the stand?

Looked like he got the ball. Was an average quality game. Maitland were very average with a man advantage. Had nothing much going forward

2ndclasscitizen
11-03-2022, 10:13 PM
Not malicious but not great, given the state of play always going to be a red

boz-monaut
11-03-2022, 10:44 PM
absolute bullshit decision to give that red - one of the cleanest tackles you'll ever see

still, to end 0-0 after playing more than half the game with ten men, against the team that came second last season - Cooks Hill United aren't here to make up the numbers

BBscone
11-03-2022, 11:52 PM
absolute bullshit decision to give that red - one of the cleanest tackles you'll ever see

still, to end 0-0 after playing more than half the game with ten men, against the team that came second last season - Cooks Hill United aren't here to make up the numbers Not a red at all. First game of the year and things changed after the red but since minute one, really very poor overall.

jessepinkman
12-03-2022, 12:23 AM
Red or no red (I think no) that was one low quality match. I only watched the first half, was about to turn off until the red card. Thought Maitland might take it from park football to premier football with the extra man, but nope

fozphantom
12-03-2022, 12:45 AM
problem with the game seemed to stem from anything associated with red in the middle :blink:

Blueboy
12-03-2022, 11:19 AM

still, to end 0-0 after playing more than half the game with ten men, against the team that came second last season - Cooks Hill United aren't here to make up the numbers

Yeah they may come 3rd last at best .

immersion
12-03-2022, 12:08 PM
Not malicious but not great, given the state of play always going to be a red

I thought the tackle was ok. Risky. Not a send-off.

Also, the context of the game should have no influence on the decision making of a singular event. Each event should be judged on its merit.

Poor refereeing IMO. But the league is filled with average refs at best. So this will not be the last time this happens this season.

BS detecor
12-03-2022, 06:38 PM

Seems like all the teams below first grade might be

boz-monaut
12-03-2022, 06:42 PM
Seems like all the teams below first grade might be

maybe you should check the scores before saying this sort of thing

last night's score in reserves - Cooks Hill 4 Maitland 1

BS detecor
12-03-2022, 06:58 PM
maybe you should check the scores before saying this sort of thing

last night's score in reserves - Cooks Hill 4 Maitland 1

Nice, how did the rest go?

KITZ
12-03-2022, 07:56 PM

13s lost 8-1
14s lost 6-0
15s lost 15-0

No 16s team

18s lost 6-4

Oldy
12-03-2022, 09:25 PM
I thought the tackle was ok. Risky. Not a send-off.

Also, the context of the game should have no influence on the decision making of a singular event. Each event should be judged on its merit.

Poor refereeing IMO. But the league is filled with average refs at best. So this will not be the last time this happens this season.

Red card all day. Cookers throwing themselves around like wrestlers. That wont wash for the season.

W8 WATCHER
13-03-2022, 04:24 PM
Red card all day. Cookers throwing themselves around like wrestlers. That wont wash for the season.
Olympic having a field day at magic Park.

Magic wins- team to beat
Magic lose- we are in a rebuilding faze.

I'm sure I read that $70k was spent on magic park playing surface, watching bartv, it seems they have been ripped off, Greyhound track in better condition.

Texas Ranger
13-03-2022, 04:38 PM
Olympic having a field day at magic Park.

Magic wins- team to beat
Magic lose- we are in a rebuilding faze.

I'm sure I read that $70k was spent on magic park playing surface, watching bartv, it seems they have been ripped off, Greyhound track in better condition.
Very true. 👍

Goatscheese
14-03-2022, 09:53 AM

Not the cleanest by a long shot. But it wasn't a red, certainly a foul

fozphantom
14-03-2022, 12:22 PM

not the first time Mr Burns has got the last man call wrong and probably not the last either
bit of history there with that. cant whip the card out quick enough when the opportunity arises

fozphantom
14-03-2022, 12:29 PM

13s lost 8-1
14s lost 6-0
15s lost 15-0

No 16s team

18s lost 6-4

Dorothy Dixered 100%. Well done.

sapdad
14-03-2022, 12:40 PM
I was having lunch with some friends on Saturday at the Adamstown bowling club and we walked over to watch Edgeworth vs Adamstown.So glad we did.1st grade was a very even first half with Adamstown having maybe the better chances.2nd half Edgeworths experience came through and a dominant final 20mins saw them get a deserved win.The Adamstown team looked young and just lacked experience and they couldnt keep up the effort for the whole 90minutes.Brockie and Rose both missed quite easy chances so the score could have been more.Adamstown were impressive too if they take their chances they might pull off a few wins this year.Edgeworth also had a few young kids come on later on and they played well too.For a first game of the year it was good quality football.I will definitely be happy to watch both those teams again throughout the year.

Hurricane
14-03-2022, 06:03 PM
How was lunch

fozphantom
14-03-2022, 11:45 PM
was having a looksee at some other games and goals.
I had to laugh at keanau moore from magic. tosser thinks he's the man giving declan hughes whos sitting on the deck
a cuff in the back of the head as he runs past after the magic goal.
not tall enough (or left enough??) for jared mullers bullet is seems. :rof: Hughsie the dummy kicker on hand for the rofls too
ain't karma a bitch?

sapdad
15-03-2022, 03:13 PM
How was lunch

Not bad thanks.The place was filling up with people to watch the Knights so we went to the soccer instead.

fozphantom
17-03-2022, 11:07 AM

"But Cooks Hill did receive some good news during the week with Tommy Smart’s one-game suspension overturned
following a review by the Obvious Error Panel, leaving him free to play after he was sent off in the first half of their clash with Maitland."

:blush:

Buddha
17-03-2022, 12:40 PM
:blush:

God bless Tommy, great player but you can almost guarantee he will be sitting on the sidelines at some stage of the year with a suspension

Negative Police
17-03-2022, 07:38 PM
No wonder cooks H throwing themselves about. They have the judiciary sewn up. :rof::rof:

immersion
17-03-2022, 08:54 PM
No wonder cooks H throwing themselves about. They have the judiciary sewn up. :rof::rof:

Forum name checks out lol

Reds Forever
17-03-2022, 09:18 PM
Any idea how he got let off? Are they allowing Bar TV footage to be used this year?

boz-monaut
17-03-2022, 09:56 PM
Good to see some sense

here's hoping that ref gets demoted, it was an appalling decision

Goatscheese
18-03-2022, 11:45 AM
Good to see some sense

I'd rather he get extra training

BS detecor
18-03-2022, 10:21 PM

Still remember them getting no punishment for playing underage players in the over 35’s comp

2ndclasscitizen
18-03-2022, 11:36 PM
Still remember them getting no punishment for playing underage players in the over 35’s comp

Was that the team that lost all their competition points because he didn't turn 35 till mid season?

2ndclasscitizen
18-03-2022, 11:37 PM
Good to see some sense

I'll buy you a beer Saturday Nige for being wrong on this one

BS detecor
18-03-2022, 11:39 PM
Was that the team that lost all their competition points because he didn't turn 35 till mid season?

The team that didn’t get kicked out of the comp for cheating? Yeah

2ndclasscitizen
19-03-2022, 06:56 AM
The team that didn’t get kicked out of the comp for cheating? Yeah

Yeah the one's who suffered the consequences of their actions, we are talking about the same team then.

fozphantom
19-03-2022, 03:48 PM
Pfft. 35 mid season? Sounds like an honest mistake on a rego form. I know rules are rules but those comps start mid april and we're probably talking 2? 3 months? How did the assoc not pick it up??

IIRC, is this the team, that before 35z played a team from maitland who had someones brother as a ringin keeper in a grandy?? dont think the medals came their way after the truth came out. Not really sewn up then. is it.

boz-monaut
19-03-2022, 03:50 PM
Cooks Hill 0 Weston 5

not a good day with Covid meaning the manager and a few out exposing our lack of depth

also, what bullshit is this about a 35s team in this thread? no one cheated, it was a misinterpretation of the rules, which points were deducted and life went on, it was several years ago

W8 WATCHER
19-03-2022, 04:32 PM
Excellent goal keeping today from Cookers.
May e worthy of team of week again.

BS detecor
19-03-2022, 04:46 PM
also, what bullshit is this about a 35s team in this thread? no one cheated, it was a misinterpretation of the rules, which points were deducted and life went on, it was several years ago

😂😂😂😂😂 who would have thought you would have to be 35 to play in the OVER 35’s comp. Misinterpretation to some, cheating to most

boz-monaut
19-03-2022, 05:10 PM
the misinterpretation was that the team thought you had to turn 35 that season, not before being eligible to play - to be honest, they hadn't really read the rules - it wasn't cheating, which implies deliberate action

they also lost points, in Over 35, D grade, in 2019 - if that's all you've got against Cooks Hill United and chose to bring it up in a thread about NPL, then that says more about you than you realise Craig

go troll elsewhere

fozphantom
19-03-2022, 06:15 PM
Ive always argued the rule's a pisstake anyway.
So, you can be turning an age from 1st jan to 31st dec and play in ages u6 to 18s? 25s ? or what ever the age group is but you get to the old fart havcker leagues
and you have to be 35 to play? :blush:
lookout the rule doesn;t change. well see team upon team stacking 34 year olds turning 35 in nov-dec just for the advantage. fmd

bump
guess adamstowns keeper isnt getting in the team of the week eather. Jake the snake dropped a simple one for the 1st.
1-4 Valo

BS detecor
19-03-2022, 07:27 PM
the misinterpretation was that the team thought you had to turn 35 that season, not before being eligible to play - to be honest, they hadn't really read the rules - it wasn't cheating, which implies deliberate action

they also lost points, in Over 35, D grade, in 2019 - if that's all you've got against Cooks Hill United and chose to bring it up in a thread about NPL, then that says more about you than you realise Craig

go troll elsewhere

Wow that’s an interesting response. I’m amazed that this is the topic out of all the threads that got you so rattled. The truth cuts hard it seems

W8 WATCHER
19-03-2022, 07:59 PM
Ive always argued the rule's a pisstake anyway.
So, you can be turning an age from 1st jan to 31st dec and play in ages u6 to 18s? 25s ? or what ever the age group is but you get to the old fart havcker leagues
and you have to be 35 to play? :blush:
lookout the rule doesn;t change. well see team upon team stacking 34 year olds turning 35 in nov-dec just for the advantage. fmd

bump
guess adamstowns keeper isnt getting in the team of the week eather. Jake the snake dropped a simple one for the 1st.
1-4 Valo

Both Watson and Jake H are as bad as each other, neither are capable.
Clearly showed again
Cookers need to re recruite a new GK

boz-monaut
19-03-2022, 08:03 PM
so to summarise your statement: I am rattled, due to the hard cutting truth that a team in a club I run, several seasons ago, in a grade probably 20 teams below the subject of this thread, misinterpreted the rule book (in the exact way fozphantom and many other have) and received a subsequent loss of points, admitting fault and accepting all blame, which you interpret as "cheating"

and this has nothing to do with any attitudes you have towards a club that were promoted over a club you are involved in and isn't you attempting to troll?

and you really think us admins and mods read every single post in every single thread?

BS detecor
19-03-2022, 08:03 PM
Both Watson and Jake H are as bad as each other, neither are capable.
Clearly showed again
Cookers need to re recruite a new GK

Young beazley could do the job

BS detecor
19-03-2022, 08:31 PM
so to summarise your statement: I am rattled, due to the hard cutting truth that a team in a club I run, several seasons ago, in a grade probably 20 teams below the subject of this thread, misinterpreted the rule book (in the exact way fozphantom and many other have) and received a subsequent loss of points, admitting fault and accepting all blame, which you interpret as “cheating”?

I think you finally got it

W8 WATCHER
19-03-2022, 08:43 PM

Agree

terry
19-03-2022, 10:25 PM
All away teams won with 1 to go. Anyone have a multi?

Captain_Carl
19-03-2022, 10:40 PM
Valentine were terrific today my friends. They scored goals and had great support from a bloke in the crowd blowing his horn.

ForeverRed
20-03-2022, 08:01 AM
I thought Maitland smothered edgeworth, score could have been more, that ground looked difficult to play on, like a wet sponge

mge61
20-03-2022, 08:26 AM
I thought Maitland smothered edgeworth, score could have been more, that ground looked difficult to play on, like a wet sponge

Edgie looked like they were just hanging on the whole game. Shadow of the team from the last few years though I thought young Curran looks pretty decent. Maitland too strong.

Hotline
20-03-2022, 03:39 PM
bump
1-4 Valo

Isn't Adamstown's keeper called Tom? And yes, massive sitter for the 1st goal.

Hurricane
20-03-2022, 06:17 PM
Massive spray by Luke Virgili towards Zane after the fulltime whistle. Definitely no love lost there and still a lot of bad blood from the ex Magic players that Zane moved on

KITZ
20-03-2022, 09:04 PM
Massive spray by Luke Virgili towards Zane after the fulltime whistle. Definitely no love lost there and still a lot of bad blood from the ex Magic players that Zane moved on

Were they also the older players similar to the ones that Maitland moved on as well?

Hurricane
20-03-2022, 10:48 PM
Were they also the older players similar to the ones that Maitland moved on as well?
Think not much similar,Maitland have let go one or two senior players a year over the last few seasons and replaced them with younger players. Where Magic moved on all of their senior players in one go

Football lover
21-03-2022, 09:56 AM
Edgeworth will have a long slog this season. Golden Age behind them?

Edgy had quite a few guys out aswell. No pat wheeler no Tyson Jackson Sam Maxwell no Dylan Holz to name 4 off the top of my head. They will be right.

23-03-2022, 05:28 AM
Cooks Hill 0 Weston 5

not a good day with Covid meaning the manager and a few out exposing our lack of depth

Who were they missing? I don't know the players too well but looks like it was a similar xi to the Jaffas game no?

onlooker
26-03-2022, 10:19 AM
Maitland Vs Adamstown
All 3 grades OFF

Weston V Edgy
All 3 grades OFF

terry
26-03-2022, 12:53 PM
Anyone on?

Zico
26-03-2022, 09:06 PM
Maitland Vs Adamstown
All 3 grades OFF

Weston V Edgy
All 3 grades OFF
These clubs are kidding themselves. Was their pitch wet or they had players out?
NNSWF need to start inspecting pitches prior to postponements.

Imyourhero
26-03-2022, 09:32 PM
To be fair I think there was something like 60mm of rainfall in the last 24hrs

Hurricane
26-03-2022, 10:10 PM
These clubs are kidding themselves. Was their pitch wet or they had players out?
NNSWF need to start inspecting pitches prior to postponements.
Northern did inspect both pitches

Jardelsimage
27-03-2022, 05:28 PM
Northern did inspect both pitches

we played at Evans Park yesterday, they have better drainage, better grass cover, did they get that much more rain than us???

Hurricane
27-03-2022, 06:19 PM
60 plus mm at Weston

Hurricane
27-03-2022, 06:55 PM
Azzurri very good today against a poor Jaffas team 3-1 Azzurri

magician
27-03-2022, 07:09 PM
Azzurri very good today against a poor Jaffas team 3-1 Azzurri

Melling best on ground

W8 WATCHER
27-03-2022, 07:35 PM

Another Watson master-class for cookers today in goals, CHFC should pay him more.

Hurricane
27-03-2022, 07:40 PM
Another Watson master-class for cookers today in goals, CHFC should pay him more.
10 players in front of him need to step up

BS detecor
27-03-2022, 08:14 PM
10 players in front of him need to step up

Especially the ones on big dollars

mge61
27-03-2022, 09:23 PM
Especially the ones on big dollars

Pepper is only jogging around. Just another player at the moment.

Alton
29-03-2022, 12:52 PM
we played at Evans Park yesterday, they have better drainage, better grass cover, did they get that much more rain than us???

Your pitch looks great Mario

Jardelsimage
29-03-2022, 01:00 PM
Your pitch looks great Mario

looks can be deceiving...

Buddha
29-03-2022, 04:10 PM
looks can be deceiving...

What's the issue with it, it does look a peach every time i drive past during the week to work?