12-01-2022, 11:20 AM
:popcorn:

Eastwest
17-01-2022, 06:08 PM
No Byes! a real comp

Hunter403
17-01-2022, 06:30 PM
No Byes! a real comp

unless, as per Northern's rules, a club gets booted for not fielding sufficient teams across all grades. Wait, what am I saying, it will never happen.

No byes! A real comp

Goatscheese
18-01-2022, 12:21 PM
Not many more byes for long, supposedly Northern has told New Lamtbon they are going to be promoted within a couple years.

djjones
18-01-2022, 09:54 PM
Not many more byes for long, supposedly Northern has told New Lamtbon they are going to be promoted within a couple years.

I heard that as well. Some team might have to drop for that

Giroudawakening
19-01-2022, 10:15 AM
Toronto Awaba have recruited very well this year, Scott Smith and Pete McPherson, two big names.

W8 WATCHER
19-01-2022, 10:52 AM
toronto awaba have recruited very well this year, scott smith and pete mcpherson, two big names.

great pick up
any new signings elsewhere?

The Hacker
20-01-2022, 11:56 AM
Toronto Awaba have recruited very well this year, Scott Smith and Pete McPherson, two big names.

If Scott Smith can stay on the park. Then he’s outstanding signing

GO AWAY
22-01-2022, 11:15 AM
If Scott Smith can stay on the park. Then he’s outstanding signing

Was always going to finish at the stags, IMO, with one cousin on coaching staff and another playing first grade out there and his whole family having some association with the stags, too bad Azzurri didn”t give the bloke a fitting send off with I’m guessing 250 games and 150-200 goals for the club ?. Stags are very happy the experience he will bring, heard he was bantering with the young blokes at training for not keeping up with him, haha.

The Hacker
22-01-2022, 02:19 PM
Was always going to finish at the stags, IMO, with one cousin on coaching staff and another playing first grade out there and his whole family having some association with the stags, too bad Azzurri didn”t give the bloke a fitting send off with I’m guessing 250 games and 150-200 goals for the club ?. Stags are very happy the experience he will bring, heard he was bantering with the young blokes at training for not keeping up with him, haha.

Good point Go Away. He is a legend of the club and just cut loose without a fitting send off

22-01-2022, 10:45 PM
Good point Go Away. He is a legend of the club and just cut loose without a fitting send off

Could be wrong but given life membership @ Azzurri few season ago from memory. Sad if he was pushed

ForeverRed
23-01-2022, 11:32 AM
The competition was canned with 3 games to go, how can you say he wasn’t given a send off, your guessing is consistent, rubbish statement again

Hunter403
31-01-2022, 07:36 PM
Word is that a couple of clubs can't field teams in all grades.
Want to bet Northern won't do anything beyond wringing their hands?

Not good enough.

The Hacker
31-01-2022, 10:31 PM

Not good enough.

What clubs and teams

Yesk21
31-01-2022, 11:25 PM
Darren Stewart Cup day is back on this Saturday at Lyall Peacock with Toronto vs Apia 20s followed by Magic vs Apia 1sts. All proceeds going to beyond blue. Should be a great day

Undertaker
31-01-2022, 11:50 PM

Not good enough.

When will you guys and Northern realise that the numbers and quality aren’t there in Newcastle youth. You seem a bit pressed about clubs not being able to fill teams in all grades? It’s about time they make it U/12’s, 14’s, 16’s and 18’s have teams for every second age so teams aren’t getting spanked 10+ each week. That doesn’t help anyone

Hunter403
01-02-2022, 08:40 AM
When will you guys and Northern realise that the numbers and quality aren’t there in Newcastle youth. You seem a bit pressed about clubs not being able to fill teams in all grades? It’s about time they make it U/12’s, 14’s, 16’s and 18’s have teams for every second age so teams aren’t getting spanked 10+ each week. That doesn’t help anyone

I agree that the quality isn't there...yet. I am not sure that I agree with the two year groupings, but will give it some thought.

Competition rules apparently say field teams in all grades or you are gone. Northern has let it slide year after year. What message does that send?

The questions to ask are:
Are the clubs that can't field teams really taking their responsibilities seriously?
What hope / future do clubs have that can't raise juniors? If you have no kids, where will your senior teams come from?
Why can't they raise teams?
Why have two premier comps if there aren't enough premier players?
What is the point of NL1? No promotion, no relegation, higher fess than community league etc etc

Youth players will again have limited competitions this year after paying high than community fees. Not much "premier" about this.

finzee
02-02-2022, 03:38 PM
I agree that the quality isn't there...yet. I am not sure that I agree with the two year groupings, but will give it some thought.

Competition rules apparently say field teams in all grades or you are gone. Northern has let it slide year after year. What message does that send?

The questions to ask are:
Are the clubs that can't field teams really taking their responsibilities seriously?
What hope / future do clubs have that can't raise juniors? If you have no kids, where will your senior teams come from?
Why can't they raise teams?
Why have two premier comps if there aren't enough premier players?
What is the point of NL1? No promotion, no relegation, higher fess than community league etc etc

Youth players will again have limited competitions this year after paying high than community fees. Not much "premier" about this.

With more clubs being pushed into NPL and some clubs continually not having some youth teams, NL1 youth on its own is a farce.

Can they split youth into say 3 grades of 8 teams in each age group and promote and relegate according to where they finish. That way an "NL1" team that has one strong age group can stay at the club but still compete with stronger NPL clubs.

Goatscheese
02-02-2022, 05:44 PM
With more clubs being pushed into NPL and some clubs continually not having some youth teams NL1 youth on its own is a farce.

Can they split youth into say 3 grades of 8 teams in each age group and promote and relegate according to where they finish. That way an "NL1" team that has one strong age group can stay at the club but still compete with stronger NPL clubs.

That's exactly what they should do, also means the weaker NPL youth teams will play against other teams of a similar competition every week and be challenged. If a NL1 youth side wins it all they get promoted and get to go against other clubs. You could see New Lambton and Belswans youth in top division with Lakes and Adamstown in second.

In terms of NL1 teams beating NPL clubs, yes it does happen and indeed happened this past weekend. The sooner Northern separate the youth comps from the seniors into three tiers with promotion and relegation the better it will be for all the players. And actually force struggling NPL clubs to improve what they provide.

sapdad
02-02-2022, 06:02 PM
That's exactly what they should do, also means the weaker NPL youth teams will play against other teams of a similar competition every week and be challenged. If a NL1 youth side wins it all they get promoted and get to go against other clubs. You could see New Lambton and Belswans youth in top division with Lakes and Adamstown in second.

In terms of NL1 teams beating NPL clubs, yes it does happen and indeed happened this past weekend. The sooner Northern separate the youth comps from the seniors into three tiers with promotion and relegation the better it will be for all the players. And actually force struggling NPL clubs to improve what they provide.

I love this idea and hate the fact that many posters on here can see it but the people in charge cant.My son is playing for one of the NPL teams that will be somewhere in the middle this year.It probably means he will cop some floggings and dish out some floggings.I would much rather he be in a 2nd tier of teams that play similar level and earn their way up each year.I would also hope that all NL1 clubs are made to run the JDL program from 9's,even if it is just one team per age,in order to bring through a good group of kids every year that hopefully remain loyal and then work their way up the youth pyramid.While ever teams are grabbing community kids and expecting them to go up against JDL kids in 13's the imbalance will always be there.And im not talking about wins and losses either,im talking about continued development of more kids from an earlier age instead of asking Magic/Olympic/Maitland to just have 4 JDL teams and let everyone else pick their castoffs at the end.NNSW has to work with every club under their umbrella in order to get more kids playing and encouraging development.And I know JDL isnt the answer to everything but it is the best product we have at the moment and implementing that to a wider audience is better than blaming clubs at the back end when they cant field teams because their players leave for so called greener pastures.

Goatscheese
03-02-2022, 10:31 AM
I love this idea and hate the fact that many posters on here can see it but the people in charge cant.My son is playing for one of the NPL teams that will be somewhere in the middle this year.It probably means he will cop some floggings and dish out some floggings.I would much rather he be in a 2nd tier of teams that play similar level and earn their way up each year.I would also hope that all NL1 clubs are made to run the JDL program from 9's,even if it is just one team per age,in order to bring through a good group of kids every year that hopefully remain loyal and then work their way up the youth pyramid.While ever teams are grabbing community kids and expecting them to go up against JDL kids in 13's the imbalance will always be there.And im not talking about wins and losses either,im talking about continued development of more kids from an earlier age instead of asking Magic/Olympic/Maitland to just have 4 JDL teams and let everyone else pick their castoffs at the end.NNSW has to work with every club under their umbrella in order to get more kids playing and encouraging development.And I know JDL isnt the answer to everything but it is the best product we have at the moment and implementing that to a wider audience is better than blaming clubs at the back end when they cant field teams because their players leave for so called greener pastures.

Indeed, it would be better for all players to play against similar competition every week rather than some weeks they win or lose 10-0 and thus learn nothing and some weeks where it is a battle.

Northern needs to stop listening to the clubs and just do it, I think part of the problem is some clubs don't want the change for reasons that aren't about developing players and more about ego and titles.

If you want to develop players and get a larger pool, you won't get that at the moment. The best players in the best team have their development hindered if only 12 of their 24 matches are competitive and the other 12 are too easy. Same with less skilled players, they won't be able to develop if half of their games the other team is far too good for them.

Jim
03-02-2022, 03:40 PM

Hey Northern!!

GO AWAY
06-02-2022, 07:42 PM
Darren Stewart Cup was a great day again, result was
Toronto Awaba 2 Apia 23s 2 ( 3-4 pens )
Apia keep the cup.
Next year it was announced it will be held at Lambert Park.

BBscone
10-02-2022, 09:12 AM
Darren Stewart Cup was a great day again, result was
Toronto Awaba 2 Apia 23s 2 ( 3-4 pens )
Apia keep the cup.
Next year it was announced it will be held at Lambert Park. Good initiative and great recognition. I watched the highlights on Bar TV. It might be an interesting comp to see who finishes 4th. New Lambton, Thornton and Belswans are probably the clear top 3, South Cardiff and Westy, and improved Toronto. Singleton always around the mix. Haven't heard much from Wallsend or Cessnock or seen trial results.

Goatscheese
10-02-2022, 09:53 AM
Good initiative and great recognition. I watched the highlights on Bar TV. It might be an interesting comp to see who finishes 4th. New Lambton, Thornton and Belswans are probably the clear top 3, South Cardiff and Westy, and improved Toronto. Singleton always around the mix. Haven't heard much from Wallsend or Cessnock or seen trial results.

Who have Belswans now got to suddenly make them a shoe in for Top 3? West Wallsend and Singleton both finished above them last year. They were 6 points behind 4th and even if we consider they had won that extra game still 3 points short of 4th. If West Wallsend had won their extra game they would be 4th and 5 points ahead of Belswans in 6th.

Hunter403
10-02-2022, 09:56 AM
Too early yet t make calls on the top 4 beyond the expectation that New Lambton will be top. Player movement, COVID, etc etc. I think it is pretty open for 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

W8 WATCHER
10-02-2022, 10:15 AM
Too early yet t make calls on the top 4 beyond the expectation that New Lambton will be top. Player movement, COVID, etc etc. I think it is pretty open for 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

what's your predictions then Hunter403?

GO AWAY
10-02-2022, 10:32 AM

Toronto Awaba
New Lambton
West Wallsend
Thornton
Singleton
Belswans

Jokes

NL 1st
Stags 4/5th

I know I’m bias 😜

The Hacker
10-02-2022, 03:27 PM
Who have Belswans now got to suddenly make them a shoe in for Top 3? West Wallsend and Singleton both finished above them last year. They were 6 points behind 4th and even if we consider they had won that extra game still 3 points short of 4th. If West Wallsend had won their extra game they would be 4th and 5 points ahead of Belswans in 6th.

I hear they took all the decent players from Swansea ZPL

Hunter403
10-02-2022, 03:31 PM

As I said, too early to make a call yet beyond first place.
The next three slots are a lottery. Belswans, Thornton, Westy, Singo, Kahibah will all be in the mix.

BBscone
11-02-2022, 12:26 AM
I hear they took all the decent players from Swansea ZPL Westy got drilled by 8 by Buds on Wed night. Maybe not a lot of confidence there. Thornton and Belswans pushed New Lambton last year and Singleton always seem to be their bogey. Maybe the 4 is simple? Either way, as long as the NL1 Premiers or Champions field all teams and as long as Northern show some hint of governance or managerial competence. Thats all we can hope for.

Hunter403
11-02-2022, 11:10 AM
as long as the NL1 Premiers or Champions field all teams and as long as Northern show some hint of governance or managerial competence. Thats all we can hope for.

A man with a dream!

travellingman
12-02-2022, 10:07 AM
I hear they took all the decent players from Swansea ZPL

Toronto Awaba
New Lambton
West Wallsend
Thornton
Singleton
Belswans

Jokes

NL 1st
Stags 4/5th

I know I’m bias ��

I heard Belswans have lost both 1st grade and reserve keepers from last year. Only an under 18 keeper so it could be a long year for the Swans

Eastwest
12-02-2022, 08:11 PM
Congrats to NL on the Premiership. Too early?

BBscone
13-02-2022, 11:13 AM
Congrats to NL on the Premiership. Too early?Certainly warm favourites, they are still a young squad overall and the same group as last 2 years but added one. NPL from Maitland I believe. Their Res will be young and their 18s look very good beating Weston easily last week.

Hunter403
13-02-2022, 11:45 AM
How did Belswans go against Cookers?

Goatscheese
14-02-2022, 10:24 AM
Certainly warm favourites, they are still a young squad overall and the same group as last 2 years but added one. NPL from Maitland I believe. Their Res will be young and their 18s look very good beating Weston easily last week.

I'd like to see other NL games not base it on Weston. Weston took a very average (average by NL1 standard not NPL standards) keeper for their 18s. It's going to be a long year for Weston 18s

Buddha
14-02-2022, 12:32 PM
Cessnock went down 2-1 to Hamilton Azzurri yesterday. Unsure of how many 1st graders were playing.

Arguably Azzurri shaded the first 30-40, quite a few chances but some good goalkeeping kept them in it including a penalty that was retaken 3 times with all 3 being saved. Cessnock came home strong late but Azzurri held on.

JustAGuy
14-02-2022, 09:22 PM
Westy got drilled by 8 by Buds on Wed night. Maybe not a lot of confidence there. Thornton and Belswans pushed New Lambton last year and Singleton always seem to be their bogey. Maybe the 4 is simple? Either way, as long as the NL1 Premiers or Champions field all teams and as long as Northern show some hint of governance or managerial competence. Thats all we can hope for.

Was at the Buds Westy game on Tuesday night
Finished 5-1 buds
2 pens
1 free kick
Header off a corner

mge61
14-02-2022, 10:26 PM
Cessnock went down 2-1 to Hamilton Azzurri yesterday. Unsure of how many 1st graders were playing.

Arguably Azzurri shaded the first 30-40, quite a few chances but some good goalkeeping kept them in it including a penalty that was retaken 3 times with all 3 being saved. Cessnock came home strong late but Azzurri held on.

If that was anywhere near Cessnock’s 1st grade side they are in for a tough season.

Yesk21
15-02-2022, 10:25 AM
NL
Thornton
Singo
Westy
Stags
Belswans
Kahibah
Southy
Wallsend
Cessnock

Yesk21
19-02-2022, 09:30 AM
Any trial games on this weekend?

Hunter403
19-02-2022, 11:05 AM
NL vs Adamstown at Adamstown on Saturday

ABCDEF
19-02-2022, 10:37 PM
NL vs Adamstown at Adamstown on Saturday

Adamstown won 3-0. New Lambton looked ok though and I think they’ll dominate the comp pretty comfortably.

BBscone
20-02-2022, 02:43 PM
Adamstown won 3-0. New Lambton looked ok though and I think they’ll dominate the comp pretty comfortably.New Lambton were below par, very flat. Missing a few starters but if they play like that this season the comp opens up substantially. Buds were ok, they will struggle but a young team still, missing a few themselves. Someone told me NL 18s are undefeated against NPL opponents in 2 years. Better development in NPL.....depends on the Club it seems.

Hunter403
28-02-2022, 10:36 AM
Overall some pretty good results for New Lambton over the weekend vs Magic. Good to see NL competitive against a NPL big gun.

Kahibah had a good day out against Southy in all three grades. Not bad for their first games.

Yesk21
28-02-2022, 03:38 PM
Overall some pretty good results for New Lambton over the weekend vs Magic. Good to see NL competitive against a NPL big gun.

Kahibah had a good day out against Southy in all three grades. Not bad for their first games.

Scores?

Hunter403
28-02-2022, 04:03 PM
NL vs Magic
1st 2-4
Res 1-0 (Magic 18s)
18s 3-1 (Magic 16s)

Southy v Kahibah
1st 1-4
Res 0-3
18 0-4

JakeS
01-03-2022, 09:46 AM
Due to a change in circumstances Dudley ZPL now have a position available as first grade goalkeeper.
Any goalkeeper who is interested in a change or looking for an opportunity to play first grade is asked to contact Head Coach Mark Wilson on 0434 437 691.

BBscone
07-03-2022, 05:46 PM
So Singleton pulled teams out of another Youth age? U14s? They may as well introduce themselves to ZPL but Northern will issue another wrist slap and say at least they tried. The NL1 comp is seriously on life support. Northern have no plan for growth of the game, zero care and their management is so poor.

Hunter403
07-03-2022, 06:20 PM
So Singleton pulled teams out of another Youth age? U14s? They may as well introduce themselves to ZPL but Northern will issue another wrist slap and say at least they tried. The NL1 comp is seriously on life support. Northern have no plan for growth of the game, zero care and their management is so poor.

Could not agree more. Disgrace

mge61
07-03-2022, 06:28 PM

Been a disgrace for years. What’s the point of having age groups aligned through senior clubs to try and improve standards or whatever and just let clubs pull teams out. Cut the comps back to the clubs that honestly meet the criteria.

Shere Khan
07-03-2022, 07:42 PM
Northern have been wishing and hoping that youth sides will fix themselves for years.
If you put “in theory” the best in the Jets and that’s a whole another story the next go to NPL so what’s left are divided between NL1 and those that just can’t afford the above.
So you could say that some of the best players miss out because it’s pay to play.
Also the amount of players are just not there.

Jardelsimage
07-03-2022, 07:49 PM
Northern have been wishing and hoping that youth sides will fix themselves for years.
If you put “in theory” the best in the Jets and that’s a whole another story the next go to NPL so what’s left are divided between NL1 and those that just can’t afford the above.
So you could say that some of the best players miss out because it’s pay to play.
Also the amount of players are just not there.

correct, as said before top 20 in each age got to Jets(no charge)
next ones with rich mummies and daddies( or parents who struggle just give there kid a shot) go to NPL1, (that's 200 kids, 20 per team)
Sorry NP2 taking your cash cow away now.....
the rest go back to community football and get charged normal fees.
If you have to much money to waste, put your kid in every coaching clinic that comes up.

cheers

northern_swan
08-03-2022, 09:58 AM
correct, as said before top 20 in each age got to Jets(no charge)

Pretty sure Jets isn't free...

Jardelsimage
08-03-2022, 10:02 AM
Pretty sure Jets isn't free...

correct, but it should be, that way you would at least get the best 90% always as spot for the coaches son, :wink::wink::wink:

northern_swan
08-03-2022, 10:15 AM
correct, but it should be, that way you would at least get the best 90% always as spot for the coaches son, :wink::wink::wink:

Don't disagree with you there, Jets should absolutely be free.

Alton
08-03-2022, 02:27 PM

Here we go again, do away with NPL 2, Have NPL 1 with all age groups then just have ZPL underneath it as the second division. Kids that dont make Jets program or NPL 1 can bolster A grade in Community Football

Zico
08-03-2022, 02:39 PM
Here we go again, do away with NPL 2, Have NPL 1 with all age groups then just have ZPL underneath it as the second division. Kids that dont make Jets program or NPL 1 can bolster A grade in Community Football

Spot on!!! Less rego for NNSW but better outcome for local football.

Goatscheese
08-03-2022, 04:54 PM
Spot on!!! Less rego for NNSW but better outcome for local football.

Worse outcome. Limiting the pool of players isn't going to start developing A-league and National players

ranger
08-03-2022, 05:43 PM
Npl 1 - 8 teams. Snrs and Jnrs. 3 rounds
Npl 2 - 8 teams. Snrs and Jnrs. 3 rounds

Week in week out this creates the most competitive games across the 16 teams.

Promote and relegate between the 2 every year. Without fail. No excuses and no safety nets.

After that ZPL - to ZL3 with promote and relegate.

Leave juniors unattached to zone leagues and to play in Inter-district.

Open up applications into Npl 2 every few years. But make criteria very clear. And if you meet it you go up. If Npl2 gets to big make a Npl 3.

If can't meet Npl 2 criteria drop back to zone leagues and Inter-district. Rebuild. That can be better for a club than being perennial bottom feeders. If they rebuild in afew years they can be back into Npl if can meet requirements.

It's seems at the moment there isn't enough players to play at the level required for npl/newfm commitments. And at the other end to many kids are dropping out of interdistrict cause npl and newfm suck up anyone who is remotely skilled.

Parents, private coaches/academies and clubs create and develop national level players. It's Northerns job to create the best environment and competition for these players to play in.

Anyway this issue comes up every few weeks. This is just my thoughts on it and how best to grow both ends of the game.

Hunter403
08-03-2022, 06:02 PM

Promote and relegate between the 2 every year. Without fail. No excuses and no safety nets.

Open up applications into Npl 2 every few years. But make criteria very clear. And if you meet it you go up. If Npl2 gets to big make a Npl 3.

If can't meet Npl 2 criteria drop back to zone leagues and Inter-district. Rebuild. That can be better for a club than being perennial bottom feeders. If they rebuild in afew years they can be back into Npl if can meet requirements.

It's seems at the moment there isn't enough players to play at the level required for npl/newfm commitments. And at the other end to many kids are dropping out of interdistrict cause npl and newfm suck up anyone who is remotely skilled.

Parents, private coaches/academies and clubs create and develop national level players. It's Northerns job to create the best environment and competition for these players to play in.

Anyway this issue comes up every few weeks. This is just my thoughts on it and how best to grow both ends of the game.

This approach seems to be the preferred model of just about everyone on this forum. What a shame no one at NNSW Football takes any notice. What iceberg? Where?....

Jardelsimage
09-03-2022, 07:04 AM

I like that, sensible approach to the solution.
As you also say I still dont think there are enough kids per age group, 16 teams x #18/20 360ish, plus top 20 go to jets, but we have to start somewhere.

Northern we know you all read the forum, take some notes, make it your idea if you wish, we all dont care........just fix the problem or are the cash rewards to great...

Goatscheese
09-03-2022, 10:56 AM
I like that, sensible approach to the solution.
As you also say I still dont think there are enough kids per age group, 16 teams x #18/20 360ish, plus top 20 go to jets, but we have to start somewhere.

Northern we know you all read the forum, take some notes, make it your idea if you wish, we all dont care........just fix the problem or are the cash rewards to great...

Northern listen to the NPL clubs and NPL TDs too much who under this proposal of promotion and relegation (and I would hope separate for youth and seniors) as it would mean they would have to do their job in developing youth rather than just poaching the best players from lower teams.

The Berlin Wall
09-03-2022, 11:55 AM
Northern listen to the NPL clubs and NPL TDs too much who under this proposal of promotion and relegation (and I would hope separate for youth and seniors) as it would mean they would have to do their job in developing youth rather than just poaching the best players from lower teams.

Geez, you still bleeting on about losing a couple of kids to better clubs? Dude - you got half your U12 team into TSP through Northern listening to TD's and coaches so the current system is working just fine for you.

Goatscheese
09-03-2022, 01:12 PM
Geez, you still bleeting on about losing a couple of kids to better clubs? Dude - you got half your U12 team into TSP through Northern listening to TD's and coaches so the current system is working just fine for you.

I am talking about the need for development. Perhaps if you focused on developing players and not just caring about wins you would be a better coach for kids

finzee
09-03-2022, 01:43 PM

Minimum 10 teams in NPL. Minimum 8 in NPL2.

Youth decoupled. NPL youth 8-10 teams. NPL2 8-12 teams depending on what can be sustained.

The Berlin Wall
09-03-2022, 02:11 PM
I am talking about the need for development. Perhaps if you focused on developing players and not just caring about wins you would be a better coach for kids

What about those kids who won't get the elite development from Northern because you took spots for your boys? real talk - you poached a few extra places by promising to bolster up the Northern coaching ranks so don't get all high and mighty buddy. We see you

Hunter403
09-03-2022, 06:39 PM
Minimum 10 teams in NPL. Minimum 8 in NPL2.

Youth decoupled. NPL youth 8-10 teams. NPL2 8-12 teams depending on what can be sustained.

Still too diluted. 8 and 8 would give two strong comps.

But if you must have 18, make NPL2 the bigger.
NPL1
Jaffas
Maitland
Edgy
Magic
Charlestown
Weston
Olympic
Cooks Hill

NPL2
Valentine
Adamstown
Lakes
Westy
Kahibah
Belswans
New Lambton
Southy
Thornton
Cessnock

Based on the last few years performance (i.e. fielding teams), ZPL for Wallsend, Toronto, Singo. They can win their way up if they are good enough and can meet the criteria
If NPL2 produces strong enough teams, then go to 10 and 8 with room to expand if the talent is there and the new NPL2 teams exhibit a desire to develop players.

Hotline
09-03-2022, 08:32 PM

Agree with the 8 and 8. But another idea which I am not sure has been floated before is to keep NL1 but reduce the criteria and associated fees to allow strong ZPL teams to potentially be interested, maybe Mayfield, Dudley, Swansea (just name dropping) plus a couple of others. This could be an 8 team comp as well with say 1st, res, 18s and 16s.

While there wouldn't be any pro/rel it could potentially work as a stepping stone into NPL and reduce the gap between ZPL and NL1 that there is now.

Food for thought.

Goatscheese
09-03-2022, 11:34 PM
What about those kids who won't get the elite development from Northern because you took spots for your boys? real talk - you poached a few extra places by promising to bolster up the Northern coaching ranks so don't get all high and mighty buddy. We see you

Mate don't know what you're on about, and I think you have a serious reading comprehension problem. Probably because you know it's you everyone is laughing at for poaching players so you can win U11s

Goatscheese
09-03-2022, 11:35 PM

NPL1
Jaffas
Maitland
Edgy
Magic
Charlestown
Weston
Olympic
Cooks Hill

NPL2
Valentine
Adamstown
Lakes
Westy
Kahibah
Belswans
New Lambton
Southy
Thornton
Cessnock

Based on the last few years performance (i.e. fielding teams), ZPL for Wallsend, Toronto, Singo. They can win their way up if they are good enough and can meet the criteria
If NPL2 produces strong enough teams, then go to 10 and 8 with room to expand if the talent is there and the new NPL2 teams exhibit a desire to develop players.

And then have promotion and relegation. Separate for both youth and senior

Hunter403
10-03-2022, 09:07 AM
And then have promotion and relegation. Separate for both youth and senior

agreed

finzee
10-03-2022, 05:10 PM

Sounds about right

Yesk21
13-03-2022, 10:02 AM
Any trial results

GO AWAY
15-03-2022, 10:37 AM
Toronto Awaba v Cardiff tonight.

Former NPL keeper in goals, sorry not sure who it is, but name is shayne.

mge61
15-03-2022, 01:15 PM

Guessing van As.

BBscone
16-03-2022, 12:13 AM
NL played Mayfield ZPL. Missed score as I was leaving but saw 3 goals to NL late.

The Hacker
16-03-2022, 08:59 AM

How did this end up

Hotline
16-03-2022, 09:23 AM
NL played Mayfield ZPL. Missed score as I was leaving but saw 3 goals to NL late.

Ended up 5-1 I think.

GO AWAY
16-03-2022, 10:21 AM
How did this end up

Pretty casual trial, but I think it was 4-2 Awaba

Jardelsimage
17-03-2022, 06:27 AM
Pretty casual trial, but I think it was 4-2 Awaba

4-3 in the end
3-4 in reggies

Undertaker
19-03-2022, 11:31 PM