17-01-2022, 01:03 PM
Word on the grapevine is Cardiff have recruited very well

Mario? anything?

Eastwest
17-01-2022, 03:08 PM
Anyone started training?

Swanky
24-01-2022, 08:31 PM
Newcastle Olympic Zone League 1 are looking for an opponent 3 Grades on Sunday 6th March
We have a ground booked
Please contact Bill 0402872569 if interested

Fred Devils
26-01-2022, 09:19 AM
Anyone know what’s going on with Berro this year? Heard they’re bailing

Shere Khan
26-01-2022, 04:49 PM
I’ve heard the same. No coach and bugger all first graders left.

The Hacker
26-01-2022, 06:44 PM
I’ve heard the same. No coach and bugger all first graders left.

They have always been so up and down. Would be a shame to lose them even though it’s the worst away game of the year.

Who would replace them

Supersub
26-01-2022, 08:17 PM
New lambton? Mereweather, Wallsend one of those 3 surely.

Jardelsimage
28-01-2022, 09:54 AM
Cardiff City Football Club: Zone Premier League.
Training starts 6:15 Tuesday 1st Feb, at Evans Park, Cardiff.
New and all existing players are welcome to come along.

All enquiries from interested players, please call
Head Coach: Brad Davies 0400 309 917
or email
cardiffcityfc2285@gmail.com
or call Andrew 0427 254 548

Lofty
02-02-2022, 01:31 PM
Beresfield have announced on their FB page that the club has now been closed down..

Fred Devils
02-02-2022, 01:37 PM
Wasn't unexpected. Unfortunately you can't run a club without support and noone seems like they were forthcoming with it for them which is a shame.

Mitchy
02-02-2022, 01:45 PM
It’s a shame. But was getting tougher and tougher to run the club every year for a number a reasons..

The Hacker
02-02-2022, 05:52 PM
It’s a shame. But was getting tougher and tougher to run the club every year for a number a reasons..

As much as we joke about having to play there it is a shame to see them go.
The next question is who will replace them

Kicktheball
03-02-2022, 06:38 AM
I’d assume either Wallsend/new lambton or merewether will come up. Wallsend most likely

HAFC_ZL
09-02-2022, 01:42 PM
Hearing rumours that it’s Merewether coming up. Any confirmation on this?

reddevil17
09-02-2022, 08:59 PM
FYI as coach of merewether advance we won’t be going up this season…….

riverboy
10-02-2022, 09:56 AM
Maybe it should be Newcastle Croatia, given the team they are putting together in the lower zone leagues.

TXK
10-02-2022, 10:13 AM
Maybe it should be Newcastle Croatia, given the team they are putting together in the lower zone leagues.

Their First Grade would be up to it, however Reserve Grade is lacking quality.

Undertaker
10-02-2022, 11:14 AM
Hamilton Azzurri and Lake Macquarie have fielded very strong teams and had to start at ZL3.

anfield
10-02-2022, 01:05 PM
Hamilton Azzurri and Lake Macquarie have fielded very strong teams and had to start at ZL3.
All teams must start in the bottom division, Although I think Croatia will stroll through zl3 easier then the Lakes or Azzurri.

Azzurri finished behind Maitland seniors in their first season

TXK
10-02-2022, 01:48 PM
All teams must start in the bottom division, Although I think Croatia will stroll through zl3 easier then the Lakes or Azzurri.

Azzurri finished behind Maitland seniors in their first season

We finished behind a very, very good Argenton side in the first season. We walked the comp when Maitland Seniors joined the next year.

Croats first grade is extremely decent and would compete at this level if they can keep the squad together for long enough. Like I said though, if they need to draw on their reserve grade they may find it harder.

Cowboy Lesnar
10-02-2022, 02:23 PM
Croatia will win ZL3. But that comp looks to be a lot more competitive than last year

Hajduk
10-02-2022, 02:46 PM
Croatia res we’re poor last week, but that was mostly the all age team that played, a lot of players missing for first trial.

Beppe
10-02-2022, 03:14 PM

who they got?

Lofty
11-02-2022, 07:45 AM
The most action we have seen in the thread and it's about ZL3...

Top 4 predicitions anyone? For ZPL..

The Hacker
11-02-2022, 08:22 AM
The most action we have seen in the thread and it's about ZL3...

Top 4 predicitions anyone? For ZPL..

I haven’t heard of much coming and going from teams except that Swansea have lost all their better players so I would say in no specific order

Suns
Hamilton
Dudley
Mayfield

Cardiff could be a smokey. With a new coach and a really good reserve grade side last year if he can convince a few of the best players to play first grade they could pop in there

HAFC_ZL
14-02-2022, 11:37 AM
Azzurri trial matches so far:

Azzurri vs. Newcastle Croatia
1st Grade 4-3
Res Grade 4-0

Azzurri vs. Cessnock Hornets
1st Grade 2–1
Res Grade 4-4

As with most clubs at this stage of pre-season, we haven’t had our full compliment of players available yet, particularly in 1st grade. These trials have very much been a mix of all grades. Good to get back on the pitch however, looking forward to the season ahead.

Any other teams had trial matches yet?

Jardelsimage
14-02-2022, 06:54 PM
so is the replacement team in ZPL

Buddha
15-02-2022, 04:32 PM
Westlakes confirmed for ZPL it seems. Have been there or thereabouts in Zone League 1 pretty much every year. Be interested to see how they handle the step up

JakeS
15-02-2022, 08:28 PM
Due to a change in circumstances Dudley now have a position available as first grade goalkeeper.
Any goalkeeper who is interested in a change or looking for an opportunity to play first grade is asked to contact Head Coach Mark Wilson on 0434 437 691.

Wild Thang
20-02-2022, 07:48 PM
Due to a change in circumstances Dudley now have a position available as first grade goalkeeper.
Any goalkeeper who is interested in a change or looking for an opportunity to play first grade is asked to contact Head Coach Mark Wilson on 0434 437 691.

Davo stealing players already this will be interesting to see how many leave Dudley for Cardiff

Any other pick ups in the ZPL or Any big Loses ?

The Hacker
20-02-2022, 10:40 PM
Davo stealing players already this will be interesting to see how many leave Dudley for Cardiff

I’m sure Blake Redman isn’t moving to Cardiff to play Reggies so the number left Dudley for Cardiff remains 0

Jardelsimage
21-02-2022, 06:31 AM
I’m sure Blake Redman isn’t moving to Cardiff to play Reggies so the number left Dudley for Cardiff remains 0

Correct

Jardelsimage
21-02-2022, 06:36 AM
[QUOTE=Wild Thang;255497]Davo stealing players already this will be interesting to see how many leave Dudley for Cardiff

What a shit statement.

Maybe you should be asking where the keeper went to??? because its certainly not Cardiff.

ForeverRed
21-02-2022, 10:54 AM

It’s a coaches responsibility to sign players who he sees fit for his team, if the coach wasn’t active in the player market where required he wouldn’t be doing his job regardless of where he last coached, if you can’t get your head around that then you best keep your silly statements to yourself .

Alton
22-02-2022, 02:43 PM

Agree with Red and Mario, very childish Thang.

United
22-02-2022, 06:32 PM
Antarctic cup again in this year Dudley v Suns 5pm Adamstown. Best bring your own wood going on last year.

FlatScreen
23-02-2022, 12:22 PM
Early bird Top 4 predictions (NOT ORDERED)

Cooks Hill - I'm assuming a lot of players from 2HD will be playing this year. Giving them a lot more talent.
Kotara - I'm assuming they might have had an overhaul of players. They're my big smokey.
Suns - Might still be in the mix, can't see them sliding past 3rd though.
Cardiff - Davo will get them in the top 4.

Dudley / Mayfield fighting for 5th.

Looking for a shake up year!

The Hacker
23-02-2022, 04:08 PM
Early bird Top 4 predictions (NOT ORDERED)

Cooks Hill - I'm assuming a lot of players from 2HD will be playing this year. Giving them a lot more talent.
Kotara - I'm assuming they might have had an overhaul of players. They're my big smokey.
Suns - Might still be in the mix, can't see them sliding past 3rd though.
Cardiff - Davo will get them in the top 4.

Dudley / Mayfield fighting for 5th.

Looking for a shake up year!

Last to first. I’d say there 2HD are now NpL reggies

Wandering
26-02-2022, 10:05 AM
Minmi FC are looking for a trail game for 3 grades on 13th March. We can either host or travel, if interested shoot me a message.

United
04-03-2022, 02:34 PM
I heard Suns pumped Westlakes in firsts and reserve grade. Hope Westlakes had players missing, early days but might be a long year for the new boys if that’s all they’ve got

ICEBERG25
04-03-2022, 09:50 PM
I heard Suns pumped Westlakes in firsts and reserve grade. Hope Westlakes had players missing, early days but might be a long year for the new boys if that’s all they’ve got

I can confirm they did pump us in both grades but can also confirm we had lots of blokes away. We then had everybody back for this weeks game against Stags and it gets washed out 🤬

We are looking forward to the challenge of the new league

Kicktheball
06-03-2022, 03:50 PM
I can confirm they did pump us in both grades but can also confirm we had lots of blokes away. We then had everybody back for this weeks game against Stags and it gets washed out 🤬

Pretty silly move coming into zone prem. You guys will struggle in all grades particularly 2s and 3s. Not good for recruitment

The Hacker
06-03-2022, 06:06 PM
Pretty silly move coming into zone prem. You guys will struggle in all grades particularly 2s and 3s. Not good for recruitment

Yeah it is if they get pumped but hats off for taking the leap. A few others said no I’m guessing

United
07-03-2022, 08:47 AM

Good thing but doesn’t look like you guys have much depth. It’s a big jump from league 1 to premier. So good luck hopefully you guys can challenge teams. Already seen Barnsley, Morrie and R Terrace disappear

Lofty
07-03-2022, 09:11 AM
Great pitch and facilities out at Rathmines. We play Westalkes every year in a trial and they usually always put up a good test. Good bunch of guys and seems to be a well run club. I don't think it's fair to judge too early with trial games. Unfortuntely for us we have only been able to get on for 1 of our first 4 trials and I'm sure plenty of others in the same boat.

I will much prefer the extra drive to go there over the postage stamp. I hope they do well.

United
07-03-2022, 11:33 AM
[QUOTE=Lofty;255987]Great pitch and facilities out at Rathmines. We play Westalkes every year in a trial and they usually always put up a good test. Good bunch of guys and seems to be a well run club. I don't think it's fair to judge too early with trial games. Unfortuntely for us we have only been able to get on for 1 of our first 4 trials and I'm sure plenty of others in the same boat.

I will much prefer the extra drive to go there over the postage stamp. I hope they do well.[/QUOTE

Drove past the ground two weeks ago and agree it looks pretty good. Better then playing at Bero or Hexham that’s for sure. Yep lack of trials is across the board. Not being able to play central coast teams doesn’t help either or lower league teams that ignore phone calls/text messages for trials is something I haven’t come across till this year. Hopefully we all can get some games in before season kicks off

Shere Khan
07-03-2022, 07:13 PM
As above.
Good bunch of blokes who always give you a good game.
Grounds good and so is the food.
All the best lads.

The Debt Collector
19-03-2022, 10:02 PM
Australia Cup

Swansea 4 vs 3 Kotara south Kittens

A new year and another season of football. The new look Swans have beaten the kittens. After going down 1-0 early the Swans then scored 4 unanswered goals in the first half penetrating their box more than Mia Khalifa has copped an eggplant.

The second half turned into a chop fest with the kittens clawing their way back with 2 more to make it 4-3.

The ZPL bad boy Will McMaster is unfortunately back in action for the Swans and even managed to avoid the Rona in the offseason. However, his same old antics have returned and he still can’t avoid a yellow card and a grade A carry on.

The ZPL Bad Boy scored 1 questionable goal by kicking the goalkeeper and claimed a second as his ponytail touched the ball and his terrifying presence caused an own goal. He was then subbed off after a yellow card for taking his shirt off after claiming that own goal.

The bad boy also had an assist with a missed shot disguised as a cross and was finished well by Joshua ‘Shoeyvasa’ Schumann

Honourable mention to Tooommmmyyy Ingram for his time wasting antics, who knew such a small man possessed such strength in a corner.

BBscone
22-03-2022, 11:29 PM
New Lambton NL1 hosted Kotara ZPL in firsts at Speers. 10+ - nil. Not sure on strength, or exact score as I was on the court next to it. NL looked very good, Kotara might be in for a long year (as might Swansea based on FFA Cup score).

Hotline
23-03-2022, 08:38 AM
New Lambton NL1 hosted Kotara ZPL in firsts at Speers. 10+ - nil. Not sure on strength, or exact score as I was on the court next to it. NL looked very good, Kotara might be in for a long year (as might Swansea based on FFA Cup score).

Were you also playing in a trial on field 1? What teams were involved?

BBscone
23-03-2022, 01:16 PM
No that was after me some all age teams by the looks.

The Debt Collector
27-03-2022, 11:11 PM

Australia Cup
Swansea 3 - 2 West Wallsend

The Swans have done it again on a cold and rainy day at Chapman oval with an emphatic victory over the Blueballs. There was a lot of wetness, excitement and build up but the Blueballs had limited ability to finish the job at hand.

The ZPL bad boy Will McMaster was also up to his usual antics of scoring goals and destroying souls.

The A grade flop scored a top bins goal off a free kick. Unfortunately the goal was filmed by his multiple fans and the ZPL bad boy has been watching it endlessly on repeat. His ego is already through the roof before the season has even begun.

This weeks honourable mention goes to St.Patrick Heffernan. The Swans goalkeeper was majestic and held onto the Blueballs for dear life cutting off all circulation with his strong hands and gangly presence with some ridiculous clutch saves throughout the match. St. Patrick’s back will be sore tomorrow.

Dishonourable mention to Lard-ass Laviesta not using his barge to its full potential getting knocked about by much smaller opponents. He could use some lessons from our resident strongman Tooommmmyyy.

Jardelsimage
28-03-2022, 02:37 PM
New rules for 2022.
ZL is squad football, therefore you dont borrow players from within ZL only from AA etc.
5 interchange players in 3rds, WTF...

NEW RULES:

It has been a slow progression from the preseason ZFL meeting and now, to arrive at the changes noted below; non the less the Interchange and ‘Borrowed’ Player Rule (ONLY for inter ZFL movement of players) has been updated to mirror the discussion within the meeting.

ZFL Panel trusts that section ‘c’ will be managed by the Club / Team Management correctly…..the Match Official have no responsibility in ‘policing’ this matter.

a. Ruling change for Interchange ZFL Lowest Grade (L2/3 Res; Prem/L1 3rd)

1. Max number of Interchange Players is 5 – which may INCLUDE a Keeper.
2. Multiple changes per match are acceptable; at the Match Official discretion / direction.
3. NO interchanges are permitted in the final 10 mins (2nd half) of the match – Referee is the sole timekeeper.
4. The number of Interchange players has increased from 4 to 5 to keep the continuity throughout each grade.
Premier/ League One
Ist - subs = 5
Res - subs = 5.
3rds - inter = 5
League Two / Three
1st - subs = 5
Res - inter = 5

b. Substitution Rule in 1st & Res Grade
Prem / League One
Maximum 5 players to select ONLY 3 for substitution within the match.

Substitution Rule in 1st Grade
League Two & Three

c. Ruling change for Players being Utilised / ‘Borrowed’ up a Grade – ( 3rd to Res) (Res to 1st)

1. Players listed in the Starting Eleven from the previous match (that round) 3rds and Res’s; will have the ‘Borrowed Player Rule E47’ applied when moving up grades.
2. Four Borrowed Players are permitted from 3rd to Res, from Res to 1st; and must start on the bench (unless the team (Res / 1st ) is short of a starting Eleven.
3. Borrowed Players must be identified on the Team Sheet as being borrowed from the grade below. (B)

The responsibility of the section ‘c’ above is of the Team Managers NOT the Match Official to regulate.

Cowboy Lesnar
28-03-2022, 03:58 PM
New rules for 2022.
ZL is squad football, therefore you dont borrow players from within ZL only from AA etc.

NEW RULES:

It has been a slow progression from the preseason ZFL meeting and now, to arrive at the changes noted below; non the less the Interchange and ‘Borrowed’ Player Rule (ONLY for inter ZFL movement of players) has been updated to mirror the discussion within the meeting.

ZFL Panel trusts that section ‘c’ will be managed by the Club / Team Management correctly…..the Match Official have no responsibility in ‘policing’ this matter.

a. Ruling change for Interchange ZFL Lowest Grade (L2/3 Res; Prem/L1 3rd)

1. Max number of Interchange Players is 5 – which may INCLUDE a Keeper.
2. Multiple changes per match are acceptable; at the Match Official discretion / direction.
3. NO interchanges are permitted in the final 10 mins (2nd half) of the match – Referee is the sole timekeeper.
4. The number of Interchange players has increased from 4 to 5 to keep the continuity throughout each grade.
Premier/ League One
Ist - subs = 5
Res - subs = 5.
3rds - inter = 5
League Two / Three
1st - subs = 5
Res - inter = 5

b. Substitution Rule in 1st & Res Grade
Prem / League One

Substitution Rule in 1st Grade
League Two & Three

c. Ruling change for Players being Utilised / ‘Borrowed’ up a Grade – ( 3rd to Res) (Res to 1st)

1. Players listed in the Starting Eleven from the previous match (that round) 3rds and Res’s; will have the ‘Borrowed Player Rule E47’ applied when moving up grades.
2. Four Borrowed Players are permitted from 3rd to Res, from Res to 1st; and must start on the bench (unless the team (Res / 1st ) is short of a starting Eleven.
3. Borrowed Players must be identified on the Team Sheet as being borrowed from the grade below. (B)

The responsibility of the section ‘c’ above is of the Team Managers NOT the Match Official to regulate.

No interchange permitted in the final 10 minutes is very controversial as someone could get injured in that final period

The Hacker
28-03-2022, 04:29 PM
No interchange permitted in the final 10 minutes is very controversial as someone could get injured in that final period

Why not just 5 max interchange like 1st and reserves. In ZPL surely most 3rd grade sides don’t make mass changes all the time

Lofty
28-03-2022, 04:36 PM

It's obviously to prevent time wasting substituations and will probably be at the discretion of the referees.
They should just allow the interchange of players to happen without there being a stoppage in play, as long as the linesman is notified.

The Hacker
28-03-2022, 07:16 PM
It's obviously to prevent time wasting substituations and will probably be at the discretion of the referees.
They should just allow the interchange of players to happen without there being a stoppage in play, as long as the linesman is notified.

I don’t mind that idea

gtg
28-03-2022, 07:21 PM
So everyone loves to talk about us but who have the suns brought in this year? With some of the big names leaving that would free up some of their transfer budget for a blockbuster signing.

anfield
28-03-2022, 11:08 PM

That could get really messy....I think we need to protect the fabric of the game, that is a substitution can only happen with a stoppage of play. I can see what your trying to achieve, to keep the game flowing but this isn't the solution.

I'm against the changes for a few reasons, but basically I don't see the need for change. Unlimited interchange will slow the game down, that is a fact. I liked before that we had limits on interchanges, it provided structure. Now teams will just make interchanges for the sake of making them.

The 10 minute rule makes sense but could favour a team. What if you play a game with a massive southerly behind you. The opposition in the first half now will take every opportunity to slow the game up. But in the second half for the final 10 minutes that can't happen. Some call it gamesmanship others call it cheating, either way it's not even for both teams.

For mine, I would like to see interchange windows. Every lowest grade gets 3 or 4 windows per match to use at their choice. I have heard they do this in the ACT? 2 windows per half if that's easier for the officials.

During these windows teams can substitute multiple players, So there is flexibility.
So we aren't waisting any more time that was happening last year, but there is that flexibility for greater player interchanges. Win / win I reckon for people that wanted the change to the unlimited and for those that support last year's system.

riverboy
29-03-2022, 07:37 AM
That could get really messy....I think we need to protect the fabric of the game, that is a substitution can only happen with a stoppage of play. I can see what your trying to achieve, to keep the game flowing but this isn't the solution.

I'm against the changes for a few reasons, but basically I don't see the need for change. Unlimited interchange will slow the game down, that is a fact. I liked before that we had limits on interchanges, it provided structure. Now teams will just make interchanges for the sake of making them.

The 10 minute rule makes sense but could favour a team. What if you play a game with a massive southerly behind you. The opposition in the first half now will take every opportunity to slow the game up. But in the second half for the final 10 minutes that can't happen. Some call it gamesmanship others call it cheating, either way it's not even for both teams.

For mine, I would like to see interchange windows. Every lowest grade gets 3 or 4 windows per match to use at their choice. I have heard they do this in the ACT? 2 windows per half if that's easier for the officials.

During these windows teams can substitute multiple players, So there is flexibility.
So we aren't waisting any more time that was happening last year, but there is that flexibility for greater player interchanges. Win / win I reckon for people that wanted the change to the unlimited and for those that support last year's system.

I like this idea, probably 2 interchange windows per half, surely this could keep everyone happy? No extra time waisting and the unfit guys that wanted the unlimited interchange, could use every window to come off the park or go back on plus the half time break.

The 10 minute rule isn't even to both teams as it isn't for both halves. So this is not fair, simple.

Jardelsimage
29-03-2022, 07:55 AM
So everyone loves to talk about us but who have the suns brought in this year? With some of the big names leaving that would free up some of their transfer budget for a blockbuster signing.

who is us???

Jardelsimage
29-03-2022, 08:04 AM

My thoughts

1: how about 3 subs all interchange, no matter what time of game.
2: or how about we just go with 3 subs like the other grades, stuff interchange altogether.

The Hacker
29-03-2022, 08:05 AM

This is the best idea that I have seen for the subs issue but cap it at 3 or 4 sub players

The Hacker
29-03-2022, 08:07 AM
who is us???

I’m pretty sure that no ones talked about who any club has picked up.

Lofty
29-03-2022, 08:47 AM

I'm impressed with how long we have gone without another boring post with the same old narrative. How self absorbed you must be. No one has been talking about signings and definitely no one from our club.
I don't know who 'us' is, but you are the one who seems to love talking about a specific club. You're not interested in Kotara, Westlakes, Warner's Bay? Just Suns is it.. Thanks for the compliment.

Have a nice day mate.

anfield
29-03-2022, 10:03 AM
This is the best idea that I have seen for the subs issue but cap it at 3 or 4 sub players

Yeah I'm happy with that, 4 windows ,2 per half to help the officials. And 4 interchange players on bench. So a squad of 15 for the match, 16 is getting too many.

The new rules are going to be a nightmare for the coaches

JustMe
29-03-2022, 11:15 AM
I'm impressed with how long we have gone without another boring post with the same old narrative. How self absorbed you must be. No one has been talking about signings and definitely no one from our club.
I don't know who 'us' is, but you are the one who seems to love talking about a specific club. You're not interested in Kotara, Westlakes, Warner's Bay? Just Suns is it.. Thanks for the compliment.

Have a nice day mate.

We dont want the Suns sobfest just answer the question.

Jardelsimage
29-03-2022, 11:50 AM

waiting for us......

Lofty
29-03-2022, 12:00 PM
We dont want the Suns sobfest just answer the question.

The only person sobbing was old mate that has had his club talked about too much in his eyes.

Enjoy your day also :)

Wild Thang
29-03-2022, 12:28 PM
The only person sobbing was old mate that has had his club talked about too much in his eyes.

Enjoy your day also :)

Still waiting to see who Davo has stolen and taken to Cardiff with him heard Cardiff are paying some players a fair bit of Coin this season will be interesting

Jardelsimage
29-03-2022, 12:38 PM
Still waiting to see who Davo has stolen and taken to Cardiff with him heard Cardiff are paying some players a fair bit of Coin this season will be interesting

nice try dickhead, go troll your trash somewhere else.
Yes we pay some regos, always have, always will, just like everyone else does.

cheers and have a nice day.....

JustMe
29-03-2022, 01:05 PM
Yeah I'm happy with that, 4 windows ,2 per half to help the officials. And 4 interchange players on bench. So a squad of 15 for the match, 16 is getting too many.

The new rules are going to be a nightmare for the coaches

head knock will override all rules if you really need a change

THEBIGCHEESE
30-03-2022, 12:36 PM
Afternoon everyone,

Good chat as always......... but the question on everyone's lips is "Is there a tipping comp this season"?

gtg
30-03-2022, 08:25 PM

Haha be careful mentioning coin mate you might feel the wrath of the Suns online keyboard warrior defence force. Not sure why they won’t just admit they pay these guys… worst kept secret in zone league footy

As for Davo leaving… he was a good coach for us but yes he has taken some players from the club. You pay the $$$ and you get the players that’s how it unfortunately works in this league. Some clubs worse than others I think…

Jardelsimage
31-03-2022, 05:50 AM
Haha be careful mentioning coin mate you might feel the wrath of the Suns online keyboard warrior defence force. Not sure why they won’t just admit they pay these guys… worst kept secret in zone league footy

As for Davo leaving… he was a good coach for us but yes he has taken some players from the club. You pay the $$$ and you get the players that’s how it unfortunately works in this league. Some clubs worse than others I think…

Can you highlight which "players".?????? whilst you troll your dribble...

Once again for those that missed it, we pay rego's for our top players, basically always have done that and that has never been a secret.
If you want to throw our name into the "they pay players pot" go ahead, there's our admission for you so can you cross us off now.

But dont forget to answer the first question, "taken some players"

cheers enjoy your day

The Hacker
31-03-2022, 07:30 AM
Can you highlight which "players".?????? whilst you troll your dribble...

Once again for those that missed it, we pay rego's for our top players, basically always have done that and that has never been a secret.
If you want to throw our name into the "they pay players pot" go ahead, there's our admission for you so can you cross us off now.

But dont forget to answer the first question, "taken some players"

cheers enjoy your day

Gtg I think has just outed himself. Pretending to be from Dudley always stirring the Suns and carrying on like a pelican. Clearly he’s not from Dudley cause everyone in Dudley knows Davo took zero players. So well done gtg keep being a shit stirrer least we now know the truth

Kicktheball
04-04-2022, 11:55 AM
Can’t see any games getting on this weekend with more rain predicted? How are clubs grounds holding up…

terry
04-04-2022, 12:28 PM
Can’t see any games getting on this weekend with more rain predicted? How are clubs grounds holding up…

Cant see the Zone League draw either

Kicktheball
04-04-2022, 07:30 PM
Cant see the Zone League draw either

Yeah what’s going on there?

mge61
08-04-2022, 05:35 PM
Any postponements yet or are all games still on as planned?

United
09-04-2022, 06:51 AM
Any postponements yet or are all games still on as planned?

Dudley v Swansea is off

HAFC_ZL
09-04-2022, 08:44 AM
W Bay vs. Azzurri off

Jardelsimage
09-04-2022, 09:27 AM
Cardiff v Cooks Hill off

HAFC_ZL
09-04-2022, 10:55 AM
Going from socials Mayfield vs Suns off also.

Anyone know the status of Kotara vs Westlakes?

Shere Khan
09-04-2022, 05:44 PM
Going by Macquarie Kotara was on.
If so any scores?

WWFC25
09-04-2022, 06:30 PM
Going by Macquarie Kotara was on.
If so any scores?

Kotara South vs Westlakes
3rds 5-0 1-0 HT
Res 5-0 2-0 HT
1st 6-1 1-0 HT

Long day for the Cats but we were glad to be competitive for large parts of each grade.
But good learning curve about the step up to ZPL and not switching off, get away with it in ZL1
but not ZPL.

Big thanks to Kotara for helping us get on and providing a pitch that held up well.

MisplacedPasses
09-04-2022, 08:49 PM
The most goals they've scored since the prodigal son chase the whippet left, almost as many as they scored last season! The Kotara boys would be at the pub tonight throwing out things like 'man, we played well today' or 'i reckon we're in with a chance this year'. In actual fact they just get to play the two shittest teams in zpl rounds 1 and 2.

They'll be on the receiving end round 3.

The Hacker
09-04-2022, 09:08 PM
The most goals they've scored since the prodigal son chase the whippet left, almost as many as they scored last season! The Kotara boys would be at the pub tonight throwing out things like 'man, we played well today' or 'i reckon we're in with a chance this year'. In actual fact they just get to play the two shittest teams in zpl rounds 1 and 2.

They'll be on the receiving end round 3.

Who do they have week 3 ‘the bye’
Long year for Westlakes If Kotara are lapping them

mge61
10-04-2022, 10:56 PM
Not that familiar with the set up at Warners Bay but is there that much difference in the two pitches that the WNPL went ahead but the ZPL was postponed.

The Hacker
10-04-2022, 11:26 PM
Not that familiar with the set up at Warners Bay but is there that much difference in the two pitches that the WNPL went ahead but the ZPL was postponed.

They are next to each other do zero difference

ha'way the lads
11-04-2022, 05:55 PM
ZPL saturday, decision time probably when a few hard showers hit. WNPL Sunday, sunny since mid-saturday?

mge61
11-04-2022, 06:15 PM
ZPL saturday, decision time probably when a few hard showers hit. WNPL Sunday, sunny since mid-saturday?

I thought WNPL was in the fixtures for Saturday as well.

salmon
11-04-2022, 06:48 PM

Both Saturday games so can’t have been much difference in the fields.

AwayDay Views
11-04-2022, 06:56 PM
I think the WNPL was a night game, unsure if the junior and under grades got a run.. so there could of been 2 seperate calls made, at this point of the season you would want to have any chance to get a run, especially with the interrupted preseason

rawr.
13-04-2022, 05:02 PM
New rules for 2022.

NEW RULES:

Maybe I'm out of touch, but how are players 'borrowed' when they're submitted as a squad? Has this been from ZFL Meeting requests?
Are 3rd grade players allowed to play 1st grade straight into the Starting XI, without having to sit on the bench?

ha'way the lads
13-04-2022, 10:46 PM
Fair question, it's squad football. Anyone got any idea about this??

WWFC25
14-04-2022, 01:17 AM
Maybe I'm out of touch, but how are players 'borrowed' when they're submitted as a squad? Has this been from ZFL Meeting requests?
Are 3rd grade players allowed to play 1st grade straight into the Starting XI, without having to sit on the bench?

What the rule means is that a player can’t start third grade have a rest and then start first grade, unless you are short players to actually field 11.

Any player can play in any grade but once they play in a set grade that’s considered their grade for that match day and each grade they play after that they are considered a borrowed player.

I was an actual example in the weekend just gone, played third grade GK and then started Ressies CB. I was considered a borrowed player because I had played thirds but because we didn’t have the numbers to field a starting 11 I was able to start and not be on the bench for Ressies.

It’s really only a rule for end of year to prevent teams stacking a lower grade to get results going into finals.

Of course if you want to stack from Round 1 that’s your choice :rof:

Jardelsimage
14-04-2022, 03:26 PM
What the rule means is that a player can’t start third grade have a rest and then start first grade, unless you are short players to actually field 11.

Any player can play in any grade but once they play in a set grade that’s considered their grade for that match day and each grade they play after that they are considered a borrowed player.

I was an actual example in the weekend just gone, played third grade GK and then started Ressies CB. I was considered a borrowed player because I had played thirds but because we didn’t have the numbers to field a starting 11 I was able to start and not be on the bench for Ressies.

It’s really only a rule for end of year to prevent teams stacking a lower grade to get results going into finals.

Of course if you want to stack from Round 1 that’s your choice :rof:

The rule has been in place for the finals for quite a few years now.
Not sure how this is going to help the comp, except stop the clubs that dont have enough players to doubling up each week.

the original rules in place state that going through the year, if you start say, 3rds and then reggies, the higher grade is the one that counts when it comes to finals.

ZL are squads and you should be able to use your players how you like in the end...

everything comes from the meetings, the noisy ones get there way because the rest dont pay much attention to there dribble.

HAFC_ZL
16-04-2022, 10:31 AM
The rule has been in place for the finals for quite a few years now.
Not sure how this is going to help the comp, except stop the clubs that dont have enough players to doubling up each week.

the original rules in place state that going through the year, if you start say, 3rds and then reggies, the higher grade is the one that counts when it comes to finals.

ZL are squads and you should be able to use your players how you like in the end...

everything comes from the meetings, the noisy ones get there way because the rest dont pay much attention to there dribble.

Completely agree with ZL being squads and the grades need to be fluid throughout the season. The rule reeks of a decision made by those that don’t comprehend how things work at the ground level.

If our game against Warners Bay were to go ahead, we had one fresh player on the bench for first grade, a striker that couldn’t start reserves cause of work commitments. However, last minute (just before we received the message the games were off) we had a defender pull out of firsts testing positive with COVID. Reserves were down to their bare XI and I wanted to give a CB the first half still to help them and then bring him up to start firsts to cover for the late withdrawal. Technically under the borrowed player rule, as I had one fresh on the bench already, the CB would have had to start on the bench if he also started Reserve Grade. The only alternative is leaving lower grades short.

Not a massive problem in the grand scheme of things as first grade is the priority and you just need to deal with things. However just an example of how the borrowed player rule restricts squad fluidity on match days, if last minute issues arise.

18-04-2022, 09:37 AM
I noticed the Suns are playing out of Myer park this season….what’s happening with Connolly Park?

Lichael Richards
18-04-2022, 03:47 PM
I noticed the Suns are playing out of Myer park this season….what’s happening with Connolly Park?

Carro kids want their park back. Kick them gypsies out

Lofty
19-04-2022, 07:48 AM

AFL hub.

Cognitio
21-04-2022, 08:19 AM
ZPL Round 2 Stats & Predictions
West. L vs. Swansea
- This is the first meeting of these two teams in the ZPL.
- Swansea have won their last 5 opening round fixtures going back to 2016.
- West. L lost their opening round fixture against Kotara 6-1
Swansea 5-0

Cooks Hill vs. Kotara
- Kotara won both fixtures last year. Winning 5-3 on both occasions.
- Kotara won their opening round fixture against West. L 6-1.
- This is a meeting of last year’s bottom two teams, Kotara coming 9th and Cooks Hill 10th.
- Cooks Hill conceded 57 goals in their 16 games last season.
Draw 2-2

Suns vs. Cardiff
- Suns won both fixtures last season, winning 5-1 at home.
- Suns have won 4 of their last 6 home games against Cardiff, drawing the other two.
- Suns were last season’s top goals scorers, finishing the season with 44 goals in their 16 games.
Cardiff 3-2

W. Bay vs. Mayfield
- Mayfield won both fixtures last year, winning 3-2 at W. Bay last year.
- W. Bay have lost all four of their opening round fixtures in the ZPL, going back to their first year in 2017.
- Mayfield have won their last 6 matches against W. Bay.
- W. Bay had the worst attack last season, scoring only 21 goals in 16 games. While Mayfield had the league best defence, conceding only 13 goals in 16 games.
Mayfield 2-1

Dudley vs. Azzuri
- Last year saw each team win a game against the other during the season. Dudley winning their home game against Azzuri last year 3-0.
Dudley 3-0

Wild Thang
21-04-2022, 10:21 AM
Suns vs. Cardiff
- Suns won both fixtures last season, winning 5-1 at home.
- Suns have won 4 of their last 6 home games against Cardiff, drawing the other two.
- Suns were last season’s top goals scorers, finishing the season with 44 goals in their 16 games.
Cardiff 3-2

Please elaborate no offence but you’ve sort of talked of the suns here and then tipped Cardiff can we hear why you think Cardiff will get up ?

Lofty
22-04-2022, 08:04 AM
West Lakes v Swansea - Swansea 4-1
Cooks Hill v Kotara - Kotara 2-1
Suns v Cardiff - Suns 2-1
Warners Bay v Mayfield - Mayfield 2-0
Dudley v Azzurri - Dudley 3-0

The Hacker
22-04-2022, 08:49 AM
With no real pre season form and it very quiet on who has picked up players etc this could be anything. Are many if any clubs missing players through Covid

West Lakes v Swansea - Swansea 3-0
Cookers v Kotara - Kotara 2-1
Suns v Cardiff - Suns 2-0
Warner’s Bay v Mayfield - Mayfield 1-0
Dudley v Azzurri - Dudley 2-1

THEBIGCHEESE
22-04-2022, 09:15 AM
West Lakes v Swansea - Swansea 3-2
Cooks Hill v Kotara - Cooks Hill 2-1
Suns v Cardiff - 2-2
Warners Bay - 1-1
Dudley v Azzuri - Dudley 2-1

Buddha
22-04-2022, 10:02 AM
Looks to be a bit wet today and tomorrow. Any games likely to be washed out? Dudley's ground based on sand isn't it?

WWFC25
22-04-2022, 03:49 PM
50/50 chance at Westlakes. Not too much rain overnight and we will get on but too much and we will have to washout

The Hacker
23-04-2022, 08:57 AM
50/50 chance at Westlakes. Not too much rain overnight and we will get on but too much and we will have to washout

Are all games on?

WWFC25
23-04-2022, 05:19 PM
Westlakes vs Swansea
3rds 0-1 Swansea
Res 1-2 Swansea
1sts 3-2 Westlakes

Sorry to say we have ruined everyone’s perfect round in the tipping this week with a 3-2 win in 1sts to the Cats. Close game back and forth with plenty of chances at both ends and some excellent saves from both keepers, but a sweet volley in the second half gave us the win.

Reserves was all Swansea in the first half and they took a deserved lead. We turned it around in the second half putting pressure on and getting a pen which was put in to make it 1-1 but Swansea pushed and got a second and with only 11 fresh players we ran out of gas.

3rds was just as competitive as the other grades with chances galore at both ends and a very open game but we missed all our chances and Swansea took one late in the game to get the win.

Thanks to the Swansea boys for coming out and playing 3 very competitive games.

Lofty
23-04-2022, 06:08 PM
Westlakes vs Swansea
3rds 0-1 Swansea
Res 1-2 Swansea
1sts 3-2 Westlakes

Sorry to say we have ruined everyone’s perfect round in the tipping this week with a 3-2 win in 1sts to the Cats. Close game back and forth with plenty of chances at both ends and some excellent saves from both keepers, but a sweet volley in the second half gave us the win.

Reserves was all Swansea in the first half and they took a deserved lead. We turned it around in the second half putting pressure on and getting a pen which was put in to make it 1-1 but Swansea pushed and got a second and with only 11 fresh players we ran out of gas.

3rds was just as competitive as the other grades with chances galore at both ends and a very open game but we missed all our chances and Swansea took one late in the game to get the win.

Thanks to the Swansea boys for coming out and playing 3 very competitive games.

Great result for Westlakes. Well done on the win getting points on the board early!

Retro Jet
23-04-2022, 07:44 PM
Cooks Hill V Kotara
Athfield (finally!)

3rds 1 all
Res 1-0
1st 5-1

Nou Camp
23-04-2022, 09:02 PM
Suns vs Cardiff
1st 2-1
Res 1-0
3rds 2-0

United
24-04-2022, 05:23 PM
Dudley v Hamilton
5-2 firsts
3-2 reserves
5-1 thirds
Dudley three grades

HAFC_ZL
24-04-2022, 06:13 PM
Dudley v Hamilton
5-2 firsts
3-2 reserves
5-1 thirds
Dudley three grades

Congrats to Dudley, always a strong club and a hard place to play.

Our thirds nowhere near good enough, could have been much higher score to be fair, whilst Reserve Grade made a decent account of themselves in what was a good contest. A 15 minute horrorshow in the first half of 1st Grade aside, where we deservedly shipped 4 goals, we were competitive for decent patches, particularly throughout the second half. Not good enough though, Dudley extremely deserving of the points and a steep learning curve for our boys.

mge61
24-04-2022, 07:24 PM

Our thirds nowhere near good enough, could have been much higher score to be fair, whilst Reserve Grade made a decent account of themselves in what was a good contest. A 15 minute horrorshow in the first half of 1st Grade aside, where we deservedly shipped 4 goals, we were competitive for decent patches, particularly throughout the second half. Not good enough though, Dudley extremely deserving of the points and a steep learning curve for our boys.

Tough gig when you go in 5-1 down at halftime especially at Dudley.

The Hacker
25-04-2022, 10:52 AM

You could tell there hadn’t been the normal preseason trials Azzurri were a little more rusty and Dudley punished a few mistakes made. Azzurri will improve so should Dudley.
Reggies both teams will be there abouts for the top 4. Azzurri getting 2 penalties helped them but was an entertaining game.
Saw the first half of 3rds. The Azzurri 3rds keeper was the only reason it wasn’t 10-0 at halftime. After watching the other grades I’m not sure how he’s not their first grade keeper. He would of made 20 plus saves and 10 of them top class. He was the clubs best player all day

Good to have football back

HAFC_ZL
25-04-2022, 11:34 AM
You could tell there hadn’t been the normal preseason trials Azzurri were a little more rusty and Dudley punished a few mistakes made. Azzurri will improve so should Dudley.
Reggies both teams will be there abouts for the top 4. Azzurri getting 2 penalties helped them but was an entertaining game.
Saw the first half of 3rds. The Azzurri 3rds keeper was the only reason it wasn’t 10-0 at halftime. After watching the other grades I’m not sure how he’s not their first grade keeper. He would of made 20 plus saves and 10 of them top class. He was the clubs best player all day

Good to have football back

He’s a top, top GK and in previous seasons has been our 1st Grade GK. He’s been injured all pre-season and hadn’t even been able to train yet. He wanted to test the injury in 3rds before pushing up the grades. Was good to see that he pulled through without an issue.

Our first grade keeper had an off day yesterday, though he definitely wasn’t alone in that regard. He also pulled off one absolutely top class save in the second half.

We’ve just signed another GK this week who has good pedigree. Moving forward we should have 4 fit and competitive keepers.

Was great that so many games actually got played over the weekend, has been a tough slog without it.

The Hacker
25-04-2022, 11:40 AM
He’s a top, top GK and in previous seasons has been our 1st Grade GK. He’s been injured all pre-season and hadn’t even been able to train yet. He wanted to test the injury in 3rds before pushing up the grades. Was good to see that he pulled through without an issue.

He was outstanding back to 1’s this week for him if he pulled up ok

Sideline
25-04-2022, 03:40 PM
Still one of the best keepers running around if it's still who im thinking of

VelkiKurac
25-04-2022, 05:04 PM
Name names

The Hacker
25-04-2022, 05:15 PM

I said he was good. Let’s not go over the top there are few others in first grade in this comp I’d take first

VelkiKurac
25-04-2022, 06:16 PM
I said he was good. Let’s not go over the top there are few others in first grade in this comp I’d take first
Give us your top 5 in all Zone?

Two tone
25-04-2022, 06:42 PM
I checked out cookers v kotara on Saturday and I must say how good is the field at the athletic track easy the best field in ZPL now
And I drive past Hexham every day for work so sad.

mge61
25-04-2022, 07:02 PM
I checked out cookers v kotara on Saturday and I must say how good is the field at the athletic track easy the best field in ZPL now
And I drive past Hexham every day for work so sad.

Wouldn’t imagine too many games being played at Hexham any time soon.

Two tone
25-04-2022, 08:00 PM
Wouldn’t imagine too many games being played at Hexham any time soon.

Well the draw says Hamilton v westlakes Saturday at Hexham or have I missed something

ForeverRed
25-04-2022, 08:17 PM
Hexhams a train wreck, surely not

The Hacker
25-04-2022, 08:40 PM
Give us your top 5 in all Zone?

In no particular order
Blake Redman
Nick Hartnett
Justin Carlier
The keeper at Mayfield his name slips my mind
The Swansea keeper last year not sure he’s still there

That’s just looking at ZPL I’m sure there is one or 2 in ZL1 you could add to the list

WWFC25
25-04-2022, 09:26 PM
Well the draw says Hamilton v westlakes Saturday at Hexham or have I missed something

Potentially getting moved to the home of Cats because Hexham is a long way away from being playable.

The Hacker
25-04-2022, 10:08 PM
Potentially getting moved to the home of Cats because Hexham is a long way away from being playable.

They need to genuinely find a new ground. If it rained on a Monday the game was washed out last year. Surely there is a ground closer to um Hamilton 🙄

HAFC_ZL
26-04-2022, 10:20 AM
They need to genuinely find a new ground. If it rained on a Monday the game was washed out last year. Surely there is a ground closer to um Hamilton 🙄

Do you genuinely think that we haven’t explored every single option that might bring us back closer to Hamilton? We have been working tirelessly with NCC and Newcastle Football over several years but to no avail. Newcastle Football have particularly attempted to assist us wherever possible. We were told last year Smith Park upgrade was moving along with NCC and regarded a priority upgrade, however that has stalled for whatever reason. Regardless it would have been 3+ years till we could return there.

We were training on Hexham from January throughout pre-season and it was honestly in immaculate condition, we were extremely hopeful that would continue until the season. It was in far, far better condition than when we inherited it at the same time last year, would have been one of the better surfaces in the competition. However how can anyone account for the unprecedented amount of rain that the region has received over the last couple of months? No club is more frustrated about its current condition than us.

Buddha
26-04-2022, 11:06 AM
In no particular order
Blake Redman
Nick Hartnett
Justin Carlier
The keeper at Mayfield his name slips my mind
The Swansea keeper last year not sure he’s still there

That’s just looking at ZPL I’m sure there is one or 2 in ZL1 you could add to the list

I believe Justin has gone to Melbourne so you would imagine there is a sizeable hole to replace at Suns?

VelkiKurac
26-04-2022, 01:13 PM
Do you genuinely think that we haven’t explored every single option that might bring us back closer to Hamilton? We have been working tirelessly with NCC and Newcastle Football over several years but to no avail. Newcastle Football have particularly attempted to assist us wherever possible. We were told last year Smith Park upgrade was moving along with NCC and regarded a priority upgrade, however that has stalled for whatever reason. Regardless it would have been 3+ years till we could return there.

We were training on Hexham from January throughout pre-season and it was honestly in immaculate condition, we were extremely hopeful that would continue until the season. It was in far, far better condition than when we inherited it at the same time last year, would have been one of the better surfaces in the competition. However how can anyone account for the unprecedented amount of rain that the region has received over the last couple of months? No club is more frustrated about its current condition than us.

Nearly all fields need upgrades but NCC don’t care about that.

HAFC_ZL
26-04-2022, 01:27 PM

Agreed.

Sideline
26-04-2022, 03:28 PM
Name names

Shannon S if it is still him

Two tone
26-04-2022, 03:30 PM

What about the ground at the tech college Islington. It’s been used for zone league in the past.

Sideline
26-04-2022, 03:35 PM
Name names

Upgrades would be nice but I think the biggest issue has been the growth has exceeded the development hardly any new developed areas include sporting grounds these days there just is simply not enough available to cater for it, add to that some over the top criteria for local football adds further to the issue.

Hexham is a lush field played cricket there many a time in my younger days unfortunately being based next to a very large river combined with large amounts of rain of late no doubt it'll take some time to recover would have to think the majority of grounds are water logged water has no where to go but sit on the surface

HAFC_ZL
26-04-2022, 04:05 PM
What about the ground at the tech college Islington. It’s been used for zone league in the past.

Mate, and trust me here, I wish it was that easy.

That field isn’t up to ZPL requirements in terms of change room facilities, the same situation as Smith Park. Regardless, we have approached the TAFE and Hunter Simba about that field as recently as this off season, due to Simba still holding the rights, and they declined to assist us. As is their prerogative I guess. We even approached the TAFE about the inner field with the Knights COE opening this year thinking they would be vacating that location, however it remains contracted to the Knights.

Believe me when I say this, we have exhausted each and every option with NCC and Newcastle Football over the last few years, and been in constant dialogue, along with approaching several private entities such as the TAFE, yet here we are.

I can’t stress enough that Hexham was genuinely looking a treat before this unprecedented weather event. As many have pointed out, its location along the river unfortunately means it’s going to take slightly longer to recover than other grounds. But let’s be real, most fields in Newcastle/Lake Macquarie aren’t in their best condition at the moment. Played on Evans a couple of weeks back and it’s not looking in great knick either, which is completely understandable (and I mean that as no offence towards Cardiff whatsoever).

A break in the rain, even for a week, then Hexham will be in much better shape.

The Hacker
26-04-2022, 04:20 PM

That field isn’t up to ZPL requirements in terms of change room facilities, the same situation as Smith Park. Regardless, we have approached the TAFE and Hunter Simba about that field as recently as this off season, due to Simba still holding the rights, and they declined to assist us. As is their prerogative I guess. We even approached the TAFE about the inner field with the Knights COE opening this year thinking they would be vacating that location, however it remains contracted to the Knights.

Believe me when I say this, we have exhausted each and every option with NCC and Newcastle Football over the last few years, and been in constant dialogue, along with approaching several private entities such as the TAFE, yet here we are.

I can’t stress enough that Hexham was genuinely looking a treat before this unprecedented weather event. As many have pointed out, its location along the river unfortunately means it’s going to take slightly longer to recover than other grounds. But let’s be real, most fields in Newcastle/Lake Macquarie aren’t in their best condition at the moment. Played on Evans a couple of weeks back and it’s not looking in great knick either, which is completely understandable (and I mean that as no offence towards Cardiff whatsoever).

As someone on the ground and in the know. Thanks for the info and fingers crossed Hexham comes good

VelkiKurac
26-04-2022, 04:47 PM
Shannon S if it is still him

No chance

VelkiKurac
26-04-2022, 04:56 PM

Called into Evans park today, didn’t look bad at all.

HAFC_ZL
26-04-2022, 05:53 PM

Wasn’t in good knick when our ZL3s played on it the other week. Great news if it’s recovered well though, as you say.

Bremsstrahlung
26-04-2022, 06:05 PM
Best pitch I ever played on was Glendale athletics centre. If anything, perhaps a tiny bit too hard/bouncy, but boy with a bit of dew, it was like carpet to train on.
Terrific drainage too.

Do any teams play out of there recently?

HAFC_ZL
26-04-2022, 08:16 PM
Best pitch I ever played on was Glendale athletics centre. If anything, perhaps a tiny bit too hard/bouncy, but boy with a bit of dew, it was like carpet to train on.
Terrific drainage too.

Do any teams play out of there recently?

Edgy were training out of there in 2016/17, however I’m not aware of any usage there since.

It’s a wonderful surface/facility.

mge61
26-04-2022, 08:48 PM
Edgy were training out of there in 2016/17, however I’m not aware of any usage there since.

It’s a wonderful surface/facility.

Probably be too expensive for Zone League clubs.

Speedymetric
26-04-2022, 10:30 PM
Isn’t Simba’s ground too small anyway?

You’d think with the number of people using Smith Park for football, Oz Tag & cricket there would be a strong case for an upgrade.

As far as I can tell the only improvement in recent years was the cricket nets.

Jardelsimage
27-04-2022, 05:25 AM

the weather like all is killing us, cant mow, cant roll, cant do the basics to keep the grounds in good nick, council were spending a bit of time on it as it was neglected the previous years.
The plan at Evans was not to train on No1 at all, that hasn't worked, No2 is a swamp, i reckon 2 weeks at least with no rain before we get on No2.
No1 might bounce back if we can keep off it, it dries ok but there's one quarter that stays wet, it also doesn't help when people disregard the ground closed signs and run there themselves and there dogs over the fields.

see how we go.

VelkiKurac
27-04-2022, 06:53 AM
the weather like all is killing us, cant mow, cant roll, cant do the basics to keep the grounds in good nick, council were spending a bit of time on it as it was neglected the previous years.
The plan at Evans was not to train on No1 at all, that hasn't worked, No2 is a swamp, i reckon 2 weeks at least with no rain before we get on No2.
No1 might bounce back if we can keep off it, it dries ok but there's one quarter that stays wet, it also doesn't help when people disregard the ground closed signs and run there themselves and there dogs over the fields.

see how we go.

Neglected like Pasadena.

WWFC25
27-04-2022, 08:17 AM
We trained on our ground last night but had to train on the playing field instead of the juniors field because it’s drenched and even after just the three grades against Swansea on the weekend it has a lot of divots in it that aren’t going to go away any time soon.

Jardelsimage
27-04-2022, 08:25 AM
Neglected like Pasadena.

i would say yes

Jardelsimage
27-04-2022, 08:33 AM
Neglected like Pasadena.

i would say yes

Lofty
27-04-2022, 10:14 AM
Back to the other important topic. How'd everyone's tips go?

Two tone
27-04-2022, 10:19 AM
Back to the other important topic. How'd everyone's tips go?

With the win’s last week from cookers and west lakes. Not good.

The Hacker
27-04-2022, 12:59 PM
With the win’s last week from cookers and west lakes. Not good.

This is correct. If your Mayfield or Warner’s Bay you would move heaven and earth to get on this weekend otherwise 3 make up games this early starts compacting your schedule

Lofty
29-04-2022, 03:31 PM
Swansea v Cooks Hill - Cookers 2-1
Mayfield v Cardiff - Mayfield 1-0
Hamilton Azzurri v Westlakes - Draw 2-2
Warners Bay v Dudley - Dudley 3-1
Kotara v Suns - Suns 2-0

The Hacker
29-04-2022, 04:57 PM
Swansea v Cooks Hill - Swansea 2-1
Mayfield v Cardiff - Mayfield 2-1
Hamilton Azzurri v Westlakes - Azzurri 2-0
Warners Bay v Dudley - Dudley 3-1
Kotara v Suns - Suns 3-0

Lofty
30-04-2022, 06:35 PM
Any games get on today?

Buddha
30-04-2022, 06:42 PM
Been informed Azzurri v Westlakes went ahead today
3rds: 2-0 Azzurri
Res: 4-0 Azzurri
Firsts: 4-3 Azzurri

9 points away from home for Hexham Azzurri. Had about 24 blokes or something for all 3 grades too.

Jardelsimage
30-04-2022, 07:08 PM
Mayfield v cardiff
3rds 1--5
reg 1--1
1st 1--0

The Debt Collector
30-04-2022, 07:29 PM
Swansea vs Cooked Hill
1sts 4-3
2nds 3-3
3rds 0-0

The Swans have triumphed in a back and forth battle against Cooks Hill.

Swans were up 3-0 with the ZPL bad boy nowhere to be seen. He then came off injured, pulling a hamstring after sprinting up to the Cookers defender to congratulate him after scoring a majestic own goal.

Despite water surrounding the Swansea area, Will McMaster still finds himself in a drought. He can’t even put together more than 50 minutes on the pitch. You’re shit Will

However with Cookers having more meltdowns than Kanye West and constantly bickering with one another, they managed to get some composure and fought their way back with 1 goal and 2 penalties.

But then in the dying stages, cometh the hour, cometh the man, Josh ‘Artero’ Anstess scored a wonderful header off a corner securing the 3 points on a cold, rainy day at Chapman.

HAFC_ZL
30-04-2022, 08:47 PM
Azzurri vs. Westlakes
1sts 4-3
Res 4-0
3rds 2-0

Appreciate Westlakes working with us to get games reversed, Graham their gaffer is an absolute gentleman.

Fenner still a weapon even stepping back up a grade. WWFC25 anyone at the club keeping stats for how many goals that guy has scored for the Wildcats over the years?

Big effort from us today with many, many players out. I think Westlakes may have been similar, saw a few of their lads backing up.

WWFC25
30-04-2022, 09:31 PM
Azzurri vs. Westlakes
1sts 4-3
Res 4-0
3rds 2-0

Appreciate Westlakes working with us to get games reversed, Graham their gaffer is an absolute gentleman.

Fenner still a weapon even stepping back up a grade. WWFC25 anyone at the club keeping stats for how many goals that guy has scored for the Wildcats over the years?

Big effort from us today with many, many players out. I think Westlakes may have been similar, saw a few of their lads backing up.

I’ll have to go back over the archives to give you an exact count but it would be around the 1 every 2 games ratio which would have him north of 50 goals at least.

We had 32 today so quite barebones as well.

3rds was actually a very competitive match and with some better decisions in the final third from us it could have been a closer match.

I only saw the first half of Ressies as I had to get ready for 1sts but seems like the goal you guys scored so soon after us missing a 1v1 took the wind out of our sails and you went on from there.

1sts was a very competitive game on a pretty chopped up pitch, going back and forth with the lead changing hands 3 times. Both teams missed some chances that could have changed the score even more, hard loss to take but good to show we can be competitive in this league.

Hopefully we can get onto Hexham in Rd12!

Also sorry about the broken light in 1sts we only noticed it blew out on Thursday at training and then it wasn’t repaired Friday like promised so we got to play in the dark in the second half 😅

Kicktheball
01-05-2022, 10:45 AM
Mayfield v cardiff
3rds 1--5
reg 1--1
1st 1--0

What is happening out at Cardiff? Not the start we all expected..

The Hacker
01-05-2022, 08:10 PM
Entertaining days football at Warner’s Bay.
I caught the last 20 min of 3rds and it looked like Warners Bay looked like they hadn’t played in a few weeks and ran out of legs Dudley 5-1
Reggies was pretty even except for the Dudley keeper who gifted the Bay 2 goals and he was the difference in the 2 teams. Dudley not as sharp as last week. Well done to the Bay 3-0
First grade was very entertaining and physical both teams will wake up tomorrow knowing they played a game. Dudley winning 2-1. Warner’s bay lead 1-0 at halftime with a well taken goal. They have some pace in that front third. Dudley wrestled back control in the second half and scored a well worked goal and then a pen and like 3rds Dudley just had more in the legs than WB which is understandable.
WB will give some teams a headache and I think will finish in the top half of the comp

Jardelsimage
02-05-2022, 05:17 AM
What is happening out at Cardiff? Not the start we all expected..

Not playing good enough at the moment. long season.

HAFC_ZL
02-05-2022, 09:18 AM
Not playing good enough at the moment. long season.

1-0 loss to Mayfield at this early stage hardly the end of the world also. Watched Mayf in the Cup vs. Adamstown, very solid at the back, looked like they have had plenty of time on the training pitch, and will be hard to take points from again this season. Their GK was something special and that CB Hilly is one of the better players across the whole the comp for me.

The Hacker
02-05-2022, 10:11 AM
1-0 loss to Mayfield at this early stage hardly the end of the world also. Watched Mayf in the Cup vs. Adamstown, very solid at the back, looked like they have had plenty of time on the training pitch, and will be hard to take points from again this season. Their GK was something special and that CB Hilly is one of the better players across the whole the comp for me.

I heard from one of the Mayfield boys they were luck to get the 3 points and Cardiff were good value and a draw would of been a fair result

Jardelsimage
02-05-2022, 11:22 AM
I heard from one of the Mayfield boys they were luck to get the 3 points and Cardiff were good value and a draw would of been a fair result

well it was an oggy.

United
02-05-2022, 12:00 PM
well it was an oggy.

Mayfield doing what they do every year in a number of games. Just manage to get the 3 points any way they can more consistently then anyone else. It’s what they do. Dudley v Mayfield this week should be a great game.

What’s the go with the mowing at Warners Bay? What a terrible spongy ground, I know weather has been crap so no council proper mow? and I heard their canteen pretty much shut down after the girls finished which was around end of third grade. If true that’s pretty sad

Haircut
02-05-2022, 01:43 PM
Do Azzurri have an actual backup ground? Cooks Hill wont be able to reverse their fixture if NPL is playing at home.

HAFC_ZL
02-05-2022, 03:53 PM
Do Azzurri have an actual backup ground? Cooks Hill wont be able to reverse their fixture if NPL is playing at home.

We genuinely appreciate Westlakes and Warners Bay for working with us the last couple of rounds to get games played, that has been our main priority. We feel like we have been working hard in advance to avoid calling games off on a Saturday morning like last season. The usual backup of Tarro Park is everyone’s backup these days it seems, so there has been more competition in that regard.

Yes we aware that the Athletics Track has extremely high usage each weekend. Yes we are working with NCC and Newcastle Football to get the game played. The day has been booked in for some time to be a fundraiser for our Ladies Day, rest assured we are exploring every avenue possible. We aren’t just sitting on our hands and hoping for a magic solution.

However, I will say that every other club has had to postpone matches without being questioned about having a “backup field,” as it’s common knowledge that most facilities are worse for wear at the minute. God forbid Azzurri ever postpone a match though unless we’ve tried every backup possible.

WWFC25
02-05-2022, 04:19 PM
We genuinely appreciate Westlakes and Warners Bay for working with us the last couple of rounds to get games played, that has been our main priority. We feel like we have been working hard in advance to avoid calling games off on a Saturday morning like last season. The usual backup of Tarro Park is everyone’s backup these days it seems, so there has been more competition in that regard.

Yes we aware that the Athletics Track has extremely high usage each weekend. Yes we are working with NCC and Newcastle Football to get the game played. The day has been booked in for some time to be a fundraiser for our Ladies Day, rest assured we are exploring every avenue possible. We aren’t just sitting on our hands and hoping for a magic solution.

However, I will say that every other club has had to postpone matches without being questioned about having a “backup field,” as it’s common knowledge that most facilities are worse for wear at the minute. God forbid Azzurri ever postpone a match though unless we’ve tried every backup possible.

I thought you just really wanted to play at the home of the Cats 😉

HAFC_ZL
02-05-2022, 04:27 PM
I thought you just really wanted to play at the home of the Cats 😉

No denying it’s a great facility. Been a while since I’d been out there, the grandstands are great addition also.

sammydog
02-05-2022, 05:52 PM
What’s the go with the mowing at Warners Bay? What a terrible spongy ground, I know weather has been crap so no council proper mow?

I met council at our ground today, I assume if Warners Bay is Spongy its the same issue we have. The wet weather has earth worms in plague proportions. Nothing that can be done until the grounds start to really dry.

Hurricane
02-05-2022, 07:49 PM
I met council at our ground today, I assume if Warners Bay is Spongy its the same issue we have. The wet weather has earth worms in plague proportions. Nothing that can be done until the grounds start to really dry.

And that will probably be in October or November for everyone

United
03-05-2022, 08:58 AM

I drove past Garden suburbs last week and guy had push mower on main ground. Things are grim

Nou Camp
03-05-2022, 08:51 PM
Kotara vs Suns
1st 1-1
Res 1-2
3rds 3-2

Wild Thang
03-05-2022, 09:36 PM
Kotara vs Suns
1st 1-1
Res 1-2
3rds 3-2

What Happened ?

Lofty
04-05-2022, 08:12 AM
What Happened ?

Just didn't play well at all. First half couldn't string 3 passes together. Better in the second half, just couldn't take any chances. Lost about 6 players in the days leading up and day of with covid, but still had a more than capable side.
Kotara did well and got right at us in the first half. A great strike from distance put Korata up just before the break, but we equalised within a minute. HT 1-1.

Just one of those days. We very much played as though it was just our fourth game this year. We knew going into the season that it will take at least a month to sort our shit out as I'm sure will be the same for everyone.

jessepinkman
04-05-2022, 07:46 PM
Just didn't play well at all. First half couldn't string 3 passes together. Better in the second half, just couldn't take any chances. Lost about 6 players in the days leading up and day of with covid, but still had a more than capable side.
Kotara did well and got right at us in the first half. A great strike from distance put Korata up just before the break, but we equalised within a minute. HT 1-1.

Just one of those days. We very much played as though it was just our fourth game this year. We knew going into the season that it will take at least a month to sort our shit out as I'm sure will be the same for everyone.

The extra month on top of the usual Suns early season month

Lofty
04-05-2022, 08:31 PM
The extra month on top of the usual Suns early season month

Exactly. We should be warmed by July!

HAFC_ZL
05-05-2022, 08:13 AM
Quick Hexham update for everyone as I’m sure someone will ask soon.

Personally inspected it a couple of time this week and with the sun we have received, we have begged NCC to get out there and put the posts up etc. as it would be good to go. The only areas too soft at this point aren’t on the field at all. Their response was basically that their hands are tied, and if it’s not scheduled for maintenance they can’t help us.

Two tone
05-05-2022, 09:57 AM
Quick Hexham update for everyone as I’m sure someone will ask soon.

Personally inspected it a couple of time this week and with the sun we have received, we have begged NCC to get out there and put the posts up etc. as it would be good to go. The only areas too soft at this point aren’t on the field at all. Their response was basically that their hands are tied, and if it’s not scheduled for maintenance they can’t help us.

Well that’s a easy 9 points for cookers
Game abandoned because of no goals.

HAFC_ZL
05-05-2022, 10:47 AM
Well that’s a easy 9 points for cookers
Game abandoned because of no goals.

Lol.

Two tone
05-05-2022, 11:17 AM
Lol.
Good on you HAFC ZL
Some would of gone off
Respect 😎

HAFC_ZL
05-05-2022, 11:33 AM
Good on you HAFC ZL
Some would of gone off
Respect 😎

It was a good burn tbh.

HAFC_ZL
05-05-2022, 11:34 AM
Hamilton Azzurri vs. Cooks Hill moving to Tarro Park this weekend.

It’s our Ladies Day for the charity Nova for Women and Children, in conjunction with NNSWF’s Female Football week.

We welcome Cooks Hill getting behind the day also, as all money from food and drinks is getting donated to a good cause. Eftpos facilities will be available.

fozphantom
06-05-2022, 12:41 AM
Hamilton Azzurri vs. Cooks Hill moving to Tarro Park this weekend.

It’s our Ladies Day for the charity Nova for Women and Children, in conjunction with NNSWF’s Female Football week.

We welcome Cooks Hill getting behind the day also, as all money from food and drinks is getting donated to a good cause. Eftpos facilities will be available.

match-es of the round

HAFC_ZL
07-05-2022, 06:26 PM
Azzurri vs. Cooks Hill
1sts: 2-1
Res: 0-2
3rds: 3-4

WWFC25
07-05-2022, 06:39 PM
Westlakes vs Warners Bay
3rd 1-3
Res 1-2
1st 0-3

Lofty
07-05-2022, 07:28 PM
Suns v Swansea

Firsts 2-0
Ressies 2-0
Thirds 3-0

outsider
07-05-2022, 08:23 PM
Suns v Swansea

Firsts 2-0
Ressies 2-0
Thirds 3-0

should have been 13 if they had anyone who could put the ball anywhere the net.so many shots that didnt go close

The Debt Collector
08-05-2022, 01:26 AM
should have been 13 if they had anyone who could put the ball anywhere the net.so many shots that didnt go close

13 to Swansea if they had the ZPL Bad Boy playing

outsider
08-05-2022, 07:22 AM
13 to Swansea if they had the ZPL Bad Boy playing

was talking about third grade-should have been a bit clearer

Jardelsimage
08-05-2022, 08:08 AM
cardiff v kotara
3rds 6--1
res 1--1
1st 1--0

Buddha
08-05-2022, 08:50 AM
Azzurri vs. Cooks Hill
Res: 0-2
3rds: 3-4

Made the trek down to Tarro for this. Was a fairly even contest across all 3 grades.

3rds started with Cookers getting 2 goals up before HT, Tarro Azzurri then getting 2 quick goals in the second half before it became 3-3, Cookers edging in front and holding on

Reserve was 0-0 for about 44 minutes and a fair back and forth contest before Azzurri had their keeper sent off. Penalty was saved but rebound tapped in right on the stroke of HT. Cookers then grabbing a second just after HT, Azzurri plenty of chances but couldnt convert

Firsts was an almighty Arm Wrestle, chances a plenty in the first half before Cookers took the lead after about half an hour. Azzurri with loads of chances till about the 75th minute when a pretty silly challenge in the box from Cookers defender gave away a penalty which was duly converted. Cookers given a penalty with about 10 to go however after one of the most embarrassing run ups ive ever seen in ZPL history the pen was saved quite comfortably. With about 5 to go Azzurri given a free kick from about 28 yards from goal which was then smoked straight into the top corner. A very good battle and would say a fair result given the chances Azzurri had. Both GK's turning in a blinder

salmon
08-05-2022, 03:24 PM
Heard a rumour Suns have picked up Kev Davidson. Lofty, any truth?

Wild Thang
08-05-2022, 06:47 PM

Yes it’s confirmed he has told cookers he is leaving to join the suns spoke to one of the players at cookers yesterday after the game

AVB
09-05-2022, 08:05 AM
Yes it’s confirmed he has told cookers he is leaving to join the suns spoke to one of the players at cookers yesterday after the game

After the spray he gave the referee on his red card last week in his last game then he won't be featuring for The Sun's for a while.

Lofty
09-05-2022, 11:33 AM

Yeah Kev is coming back.

Kicktheball
12-05-2022, 07:28 AM
What is the likelihood of all games already off this weekend?

2ndclasscitizen
12-05-2022, 09:18 AM
Someone from Azzurri might want to message this bloke, your teamsheets have gone astray in the mail: https://old.reddit.com/r/newcastle/comments/unkygv/zone_league_team_sheets_in_our_letter_box_we_had/

Lofty
12-05-2022, 09:26 AM
What is the likelihood of all games already off this weekend?

Although we are away this week, Myer Park drainage is fantastic and it would take a hell of a lot of rain close to game day for that to be called off. Nesbitt Park looks to be the same (they were the only game that went ahead in round 1).
The photo I've seen of Mayfield Park doesn't give me much faith in our catch up round to go ahead anytime soon.
Unsure as to which other grounds have a good drainage system?

A consistent run of sunny weather would be bloody nice though!!

The Hacker
14-05-2022, 08:09 AM
Anyone getting on

mge61
14-05-2022, 08:43 AM
Azzurri off.

The Hacker
14-05-2022, 09:11 AM
Azzurri off.

This weather doing zero for them at Hexham

Lofty
14-05-2022, 09:39 AM

Tarro.

Two tone
14-05-2022, 10:42 AM

But the ground at Hexham has been mown and has goals 👍

The Hacker
14-05-2022, 10:46 AM
But the ground at Hexham has been mown and has goals 👍

Progress by round 6

Shere Khan
15-05-2022, 05:29 PM
Did Kotara Mayfield get on today?
Anyone have scores?

WWFC25
15-05-2022, 05:51 PM
Dudley vs Westlakes
3rds Westlakes forfeit
Res 9-0
1sts 10-1

Terrible player numbers for us but no excuse Dudley were far too good in both grades.

The Hacker
15-05-2022, 08:25 PM
Dudley vs Westlakes
3rds Westlakes forfeit
Res 9-0
1sts 10-1

Terrible player numbers for us but no excuse Dudley were far too good in both grades.

Tough days at the office by the sounds of it I hope all the players missing were first graders

Retro Jet
15-05-2022, 09:02 PM
Warners Bay v Cooks Hill
John St

3rds 0-2
Res 2-1
1st 2-4 (1-1)

mge61
18-05-2022, 10:04 PM
ZPL 1st grade game at Warners Bay tonight and not 1 official appointed.

The Hacker
18-05-2022, 10:39 PM

That shouldn’t happen

Lofty
18-05-2022, 10:45 PM

Can’t have been worse than the refs at Mayfield tonight. Would have preferred the Mayfield coach to have had the whistle.

Jardelsimage
19-05-2022, 05:53 AM
Can’t have been worse than the refs at Mayfield tonight. Would have preferred the Mayfield coach to have had the whistle.

scores ??

The Hacker
19-05-2022, 07:40 AM
scores ??

Swansea v Dudley
Res 1-2
1st 3-9

To cold for me to go down but clearly one way traffic

Wild Thang
19-05-2022, 07:48 AM
John Majurovski returning to suns very soon

Lofty
19-05-2022, 07:57 AM
Suns 3-1 Mayfield

The Hacker
19-05-2022, 08:11 AM
John Majurovski returning to suns very soon

Lofty can you confirm

ExWhistleMan
19-05-2022, 10:24 AM

4 out of 5 footballers in Newcastle don't deserve to have referee appointed. Ever considered your perceived lack of quality referees (whether the actual case or not) is a problem of your own doing. Until clubs and team mates start to hold the problem players to account its only going to get worse.

Lofty
19-05-2022, 10:46 AM
4 out of 5 footballers in Newcastle don't deserve to have referee appointed. Ever considered your perceived lack of quality referees (whether the actual case or not) is a problem of your own doing. Until clubs and team mates start to hold the problem players to account its only going to get worse.

On behalf of a club that had one single red card in all of our games last season across all grades and zero this year, I am more than happy with the behaviour of our players. Ex whistle man or not, if you weren't there, then pipe down.

ExWhistleMan
19-05-2022, 11:26 AM
On behalf of a club that had one single red card in all of our games last season across all grades and zero this year, I am more than happy with the behaviour of our players. Ex whistle man or not, if you weren't there, then pipe down.

Apologies, it wasn't a shot at you or your club but at the comment you made. You make a comment on a public forum I am free to respond. The game has a culture problem when it comes to referee's and comments like the one you posted exacerbate the problem. Until there is a change in the culture the referee numbers will never improve. And the smaller the pool, the poorer the overall quality.

HAFC_ZL
19-05-2022, 11:35 AM
Warners Bay vs. Azzurri (Catch-up scores)

Played last night.

Played last Tuesday.
Res: 6-1
3rds: 2-3

Frustrating from both teams perspectives that we received the email 4.00pm on match day that we wouldn’t have any referees for the first grade fixture. Even if we had been notified the day before, surely the clubs could have worked together to sort a solution. That being said, the Warners Bay ref (incidentally the their first grade coach), largely did a good job of remaining impartial. There were plenty of stoppages in the second half, and he played every single minute of a lengthy injury time, even though we were pushing hard for an equaliser.

Warners Bay completely dictated the first half bagging two goals, again from individual mistakes on our part. We scored from the spot. We came out really strong for the whole of the second half, applying a lot pressure. However, we couldn’t find the equaliser.

mge61
19-05-2022, 11:53 AM
Warners Bay vs. Azzurri (Catch-up scores)

Played last night.

Played last Tuesday.
Res: 6-1
3rds: 2-3

Frustrating from both teams perspectives that we received the email 4.00pm on match day that we wouldn’t have any referees for the first grade fixture. Even if we had been notified the day before, surely the clubs could have worked together to sort a solution. That being said, the Warners Bay ref (incidentally the their first grade coach), largely did a good job of remaining impartial. There were plenty of stoppages in the second half, and he played every single minute of a lengthy injury time, even though we were pushing hard for an equaliser.

Warners Bay completely dictated the first half bagging two goals, again from individual mistakes on our part. We scored from the spot. We came out really strong for the whole of the second half, applying a lot pressure. However, we couldn’t find the equaliser.

Clubman did a good job under the circumstances. Warners Bay slightly better on the night reflected in the score line. Azzurri once again slow out of the blocks and having to chase it a bit.

terry
19-05-2022, 12:11 PM

Red cards does not indicate the behaviour of a club. It does shows where the nut cases are. Dont even try to pretend that your culture is good.

Nou Camp
19-05-2022, 12:29 PM
Mayfield vs suns (round 1 catch up)
1sts 1-3 (1-1 ht)
Res 2-0

Aegon
19-05-2022, 12:58 PM
Red cards does not indicate the behaviour of a club. It does shows where the nut cases are. Dont even try to pretend that your culture is good.

Dial back the club/culture attack & post within the forum guidelines.

anfield
19-05-2022, 01:17 PM
Apologies, it wasn't a shot at you or your club but at the comment you made. You make a comment on a public forum I am free to respond. The game has a culture problem when it comes to referee's comments like the one you posted exacerbate the problem. Until there is a change in the culture the referee numbers will never improve. And the smaller the pool, the poorer the overall quality.

I agree, There is a massive culture issue. How often have you seen someone give it to a referee? It happens all the time, Either from a player or from a coach or spectator.

How often do you see a duty officer, fellow player etc pull up their own players?, Hardly ever.

End of the day we need referees and obviously a lot more. I think short term if every zone league squad was to provide someone to do the course then we would have 34 new referees. I think that's a realistic goal. 34 new referees would nearly cover the majority of the zone league fixtures.

I don't think when Northern ran the short course last year that people took it seriously. Now that there is a mass shortage of referees, people might look at it more seriously.

Lofty
19-05-2022, 02:15 PM
I agree, There is a massive culture issue. How often have you seen someone give it to a referee? It happens all the time, Either from a player or from a coach or spectator.

How often do you see a duty officer, fellow player etc pull up their own players?, Hardly ever.

End of the day we need referees and obviously a lot more. I think short term if every zone league squad was to provide someone to do the course then we would have 34 new referees. I think that's a realistic goal. 34 new referees would nearly cover the majority of the zone league fixtures.

I don't think when Northern ran the short course last year that people took it seriously. Now that there is a mass shortage of referees, people might look at it more seriously.

To be honest, it's a football issue. Not a club culture issue, not a Newcastle issue, it's worldwide at all levels. Respect towards officials just ins't there. The only code that has this under control is Rugby Union. There's a precident set there and officials are treated with absolute respect, you do not get away with anything.

I feel like referees cop too much on the chin. There's not enough issueing yellow cards for decent towards them, that will shut it down pretty quickly.

That's all completely off topic from my initial comment. There's no defending the officiating last night.

Aegon
19-05-2022, 02:45 PM
An old education link from 2014:
https://capitalfootball.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/2014-03-Respect-and-Dissent-Handout.pdf

Might help if point 2 was skipped consistently and cautions issued instead of warnings. If players know they'll be cautioned for the behavior they might rein it in earlier.

1. Dissent should not be confused with mere disagreement which does not reflect
negatively on the official. A player can express a difference of opinion in a polite
fashion not involving dissent. Treating this as any other than question or statement
by a player would be appropriate, unless it continues to the point of becoming
dissent.

2. Dissent which is an emotional outburst (non-premeditated), is short in duration, and
not destructive to game control can be acknowledged, verbally or by gesture, by the
referee. But, if it continues, or is repeated within a short time period, the player must
be warned. Multiple occurrences by more than one player in a short time period
should also result in warnings.

3. Dissent which is an emotional outburst (non-premeditated), but is ongoing and
continues beyond the initial outburst, or is potentially destructive to game control,
must result in a warning, at least, depending on other factors. Caution on the second
occurrence. Send off on the third.

The Hacker
19-05-2022, 02:48 PM
To be honest, it's a football issue. Not a club culture issue, not a Newcastle issue, it's worldwide at all levels. Respect towards officials just ins't there. The only code that has this under control is Rugby Union. There's a precident set there and officials are treated with absolute respect, you do not get away with anything.

I feel like referees cop too much on the chin. There's not enough issueing yellow cards for decent towards them, that will shut it down pretty quickly.

That's all completely off topic from my initial comment. There's no defending the officiating last night.

I agree the solution is simple. If you give a ref a spray it’s a yellow card no if’s or buts if it’s bad enough a spray it’s red. If refs hold there nerve and be consistent week after week guess what players will stop because they are missing games or coaches won’t pick serial offenders cause they play with 10 players each week cause they get sent each week.

gibsonmcqueen
20-05-2022, 07:22 PM
The only code that has this under control is Rugby Union. There's a precident set there and officials are treated with absolute respect, you do not get away with anything.

Rugby and Gridiron... you swear within earshot of an umpire and you'll get a flag. Back chat to the ref, get a flag. Touch a ref (even just a hand on the shoulder), get a flag and potentially
ejected. Only person permitted to even speak to an official about any call made are the designated captains.

Start taking a stronger approach to refereeing and within a couple of seasons you can get the 'respect' level sorted out.

Thomas477
20-05-2022, 09:08 PM
Rugby and Gridiron... you swear within earshot of an umpire and you'll get a flag. Back chat to the ref, get a flag. Touch a ref (even just a hand on the shoulder), get a flag and potentially
ejected. Only person permitted to even speak to an official about any call made are the designated captains.

Start taking a stronger approach to refereeing and within a couple of seasons you can get the 'respect' level sorted out.

Starts at the top though. Need the pros to start as well. And it’s a whole of sport approach, not just refs, but players, spectators and coaches too.

The Hacker
20-05-2022, 11:14 PM
Will anyone get on tomorrow

Jardelsimage
21-05-2022, 09:37 AM
Cardiff v Azzurri is off

Lofty
21-05-2022, 10:11 AM

Suns v Warners Bay off.

Two tone
21-05-2022, 10:29 AM
Cookers v Dudley off

The Hacker
21-05-2022, 12:01 PM

Suns v Warners Bay off.

Myer drains well usually. That’s some rain

WWFC25
21-05-2022, 09:01 PM
The home of the cats never washes out!!

Westlakes vs Mayfield
Thirds 0-6
Res 0-3
1sts 0-3

Much better showing from all of us in all grades just when you donÂ’t take your chances and the opposition does then the scores will end up being like they were.

NUGUNS
21-05-2022, 10:13 PM
The home of the cats never washes out!!

Westlakes vs Mayfield
Thirds 0-6
Res 0-3
1sts 0-3

Much better showing from all of us in all grades just when you donÂ’t take your chances and the opposition does then the scores will end up being like they were.

The seating at the field is brilliant and the field seemed to hold up pretty well. (It's been a few years since travelling out to watch/play at westlakes)

The first 10 to 15 minutes Westlakes seemed to be able to keep up with Mayfield but as the game progress Mayfield took control and didn't seem to get out of 1st or 2nd gear.

I hope Westlakes can build on the squad they have next year if they stay up as the jump from ZL1 to ZPL isn't easy.

Kicktheball
23-05-2022, 01:20 PM
Some clubs have 4/5 wash out games to make up. With more rain coming and mid week games fixtured for this week, what is the plan moving forward? Clubs won’t be able to train for weeks as they will be playing on Wednesday’s and Saturdays making up these games…

Lofty
23-05-2022, 01:41 PM
Some clubs have 4/5 wash out games to make up. With more rain coming and mid week games fixtured for this week, what is the plan moving forward? Clubs won’t be able to train for weeks as they will be playing on Wednesday’s and Saturdays making up these games…

4-5 games is a bit of a stretch. There's been 6 rounds so far and looks like Cardiff the worst off with 3 games played and 3 to make up. Others have 1-2.
I don't think there's much to plan other than try to get games on and to schedule catch ups sooner rather than later to ensure the games don't bank up too much.

Macca
23-05-2022, 01:41 PM
The seating at the field is brilliant and the field seemed to hold up pretty well. (It's been a few years since travelling out to watch/play at westlakes)

The first 10 to 15 minutes Westlakes seemed to be able to keep up with Mayfield but as the game progress Mayfield took control and didn't seem to get out of 1st or 2nd gear.

I hope Westlakes can build on the squad they have next year if they stay up as the jump from ZL1 to ZPL isn't easy.

The field is in the worst nick it's been in in a few years, but has been played on in the wet nearly every week so far, and still probably one of the better surfaces kicking around in zone league.
Off the field the committee is ticking all the boxes.
Sitting out the 2020 season due to covid as a club took a bit of a toll on our numbers and we have probably been doing it a bit tough since then.

Hopefully it is a case of build it and they will come - the ground, facilities, committee are all fantastic, we just need to bring it on the field to match.

In terms of the step up, Dudley put us to the sword last week short a few players, I was away Rd 1 so can't comment on the Kotara games, but we have felt competitive most other games.
From memory of last season, there's probably 2 or 3 ZL1 teams who would compete well with the lower ZPL teams. But the top ZPL teams are definitely a level above.
I've only been able to play two so far through injury, but it's been enjoyable. Bring on next week.

samcan
23-05-2022, 02:35 PM
This rain is sticking around for another month off n on.

At some point clubs will be chopping up their grounds to get games played. It's just a matter of when.

I'd suggest the need for ground preservation is just about gone. The council shutting everything down is the other major problem.