:popcorn:

Fred Devils
20-01-2022, 02:46 PM
Any keepers looking for a club to play for in ZL 2022, hit me up. 0410 189 333

Jardelsimage
02-02-2022, 08:42 AM
Cardiff City Football Club:
ZONE LEAGUE 3

We have an opening for a Reserve grade/assistant 1st grade coach for our ZL3 sides.
If you aspire to to coach, this may be the opportunity for you!
So if your interested either contact CCFC by

Phone: Andrew 0427 254 548
email: cardiffcityfc2285@gmail.com

Jardelsimage
02-02-2022, 08:49 AM
ZONE LEAGUE 3

We have an opening for a Reserve grade/assistant 1st grade coach for our ZL3 sides.
If you aspire to to coach, this may be the opportunity for you!
So if your interested either contact CCFC by

Phone: Andrew 0427 254 548

Jardelsimage
04-02-2022, 02:08 PM
ZONE LEAGUE 3

CCFC's ZL3 side start training and trials at 6pm on Wednesday 9th of February, then every Monday/Wednesday following.
Existing and new players welcome.
So if your interested either contact CCFC by phone or email.
Phone: Keiran 0434 272 350
Andrew 0427 254 548
or

salmon
13-02-2022, 12:52 PM
Heard Croatia came crashing down to earth yesterday?

Strange, from following their socials this week, I got the impression they were supposed to be the best team in Newcastle after losing 4-3 to Azzurri’s Reserve Grade last week.

TXK
13-02-2022, 01:15 PM

Strange, from following their socials this week, I got the impression they were supposed to be the best team in Newcastle after losing 4-3 to Azzurri’s Reserve Grade last week.

Can’t blame them for riding the wave returning after 20 odd years out.

I remember Azzurri’s first trial after rejoining ZL football and we went down 4-3 to a Cardiff ZPL team that may have gone on to win the comp? Or at least did very well. We’d had Harry Maguire come to us straight from Maitland NPL and he killed it. We thought we were kings after the game. Ended up losing out to a very good Argenton side in the first season.

Croats will have plenty of teething pains in the future but good on them for returning. Understandable they are excited.

anfield
13-02-2022, 02:00 PM

Strange, from following their socials this week, I got the impression they were supposed to be the best team in Newcastle after losing 4-3 to AzzurriÂ’s Reserve Grade last week.

I think Croatia's main goal will be the league 3 title, trial games are just trials. So I think that needs to stay in perspective.

Medowie got pumped 15-0 in a trial yesterday, but I'm not going to put a line through them for a finals spot either. Different competition and with all trials you don't know who actually is playing especially with cricket still on ATM.

For mine it's hard to see anyone getting close to Croatia for the competition. If speculation is correct and Charlestown have moved up then Kurri will be their only genuine contenders. Kurri were good last year so they may have the squad to challenge them. Let's hope there is a challenge at the top in some capacity.

As for the rest, I have heard some good things about Azzurri. Bellbird have had a solid All Age A team for some time so they should be decent.

Morisset and Raymond Terrace previously have had solid higher Zone League squads so they obviously could be smokies and can't be discounted.

As for us at Cardiff City FC zone league 3, very early days. So far Croatia have had more trials then we have trained. A big turnover of players, so hopefully the new players can step up to be competitive.

As for the Argenton team that was mentioned, they were good especially with Ty Goldsmith up front. Shame that a few players left and the team fell over. Appears to be the trend these days....

riverboy
16-02-2022, 11:05 PM

Just checked out Croatia Facebook page, No mention of last weeends shoreline. Sore losers , if your going to talk up the games then provide the results.
Looks like to get a run with them the mandate is plenty of Ink, Looks more like Correctional services FC.

Cowboy Lesnar
17-02-2022, 01:58 AM
Just checked out Croatia Facebook page, No mention of last weeends shoreline. Sore losers , if your going to talk up the games then provide the results.
Looks like to get a run with them the mandate is plenty of Ink, Looks more like Correctional services FC.

As much as I love seeing a cocky team lose. You can’t blame them for not wanting to post an 8-0 loss on Facebook

Fred Devils
07-03-2022, 08:42 PM
Anyone still looking for trials? 2 grades Saturday 19th. South Maitland ZL2. We have a ground booked but opponents fell through unfortunately. Message 0410 189 333

Jardelsimage
12-03-2022, 08:34 PM
I hear Morrisett have pulled the pin, is this true

Jardelsimage
12-03-2022, 08:35 PM
Anyone still looking for trials? 2 grades Saturday 19th. South Maitland ZL2. We have a ground booked but opponents fell through unfortunately. Message 0410 189 333

do you have an opponent yet?

Fred Devils
13-03-2022, 09:28 PM
Yes we do thank you

Oldy
20-03-2022, 09:41 PM
Noticed Hamo Azzurri now have ZL3 team.

Where are these players coming from? from the ZPL or AA?

Who will win the Ted Bullpit cup?

Buddha
21-03-2022, 09:01 AM

They are a few mates who had previously played together for the club 2018-2020, were at Lake Macquarie last year playing all age

HAFC_ZL
21-03-2022, 01:54 PM

The bulk of the ZL3 First Grade outfit have played a big part in our ZPL over the years, however like Buddha said they played All-Age last year at Lake Macquarie with all their school mates.

They have assembled a very decent squad and will be extremely competitive.

Villians
21-03-2022, 07:48 PM
I watched Croatia play yesterday. I haven't seen many ZL3 teams, but I was very impressed by them. They took a much stronger than previous years' Warners Bay all the way. I'm glad to hear Azzuri have a good side, as it would be a shame if the comp was so one-sided.

Oldy
21-03-2022, 08:22 PM
Sounds like a good comp forming. Will follow

anfield
02-04-2022, 12:39 PM
Cardiff v Newcastle Croatia tomorrow washed out.

Hajduk
09-04-2022, 10:23 AM
Newcastle Croatia v Raymond terrace washed out.

Hajduk
12-04-2022, 11:39 PM
Newcastle Croatia v Raymond terrace
Res 13-0
1st. 4-2

Jardelsimage
13-04-2022, 07:00 AM
Cardiff City v Hamilton Azzurri
Res 0-2
1st. 3-1

anfield
13-04-2022, 02:39 PM
Cardiff City v Hamilton Azzurri
Res 0-2
1st. 3-1

Extremely happy with the result in first grade, reserves were disappointing.

1st's was a good game of football, Azzurri were enthusiastic and were probably the better team the first 15-20 minutes and the last 15 minutes of the game. But I think Cardiff were better in the other periods and we took our chances well.

In Reserves I thought Azzurri were dominant and deserved their win. We were poor and need to be much better. Azzurri have good depth that will help them through the season, we had 9 players missing which will only make both our teams stronger and create some good competition when they return.

VelkiKurac
13-04-2022, 05:02 PM
Newcastle Croatia v Raymond terrace
Res 13-0
1st. 4-2

Good win for Croatia it got me excited for the season ahead for them.

Premy
23-04-2022, 06:46 PM
Bellbird vs Cardiff
2nd 3-1
1st 0-2

VelkiKurac
26-04-2022, 06:00 PM
Cardiff V Croatia Wednesday night at Evans Park
Res 615pm
1sts 8pm

riverboy
27-04-2022, 02:48 PM
Cardiff V Croatia Wednesday night at Evans Park
Res 615pm
1sts 8pm

If Cardiff's ground is only average I'm thinking it's not looking good. Big rain band coming in from the west coming through Cessnock now. Will wash out most catch up games in Newcastle tonight.

VelkiKurac
27-04-2022, 03:27 PM
If Cardiff's ground is only average I'm thinking it's not looking good. Big rain band coming in from the west coming through Cessnock now. Will wash out most catch up games in Newcastle tonight.

Average ? Didn’t they get an upgrade recently?

Eastwest
27-04-2022, 03:43 PM

Working hard on it but this weather is worse than a parking cop.

Jardelsimage
27-04-2022, 04:20 PM

No upgrade buddy, we were handed a complex in a bit of disarray, went from 2 year old LED lights to 15 year old spotlights.
Ground hadn't been touched in a couple of years.
The year started brightly with work being done and yes looked ok from the road(that is the good end) but this rain has just killed us, all our good work is going to shit.

VelkiKurac
27-04-2022, 04:56 PM
No upgrade buddy, we were handed a complex in a bit of disarray, went from 2 year old LED lights to 15 year old spotlights.
Ground hadn't been touched in a couple of years.
The year started brightly with work being done and yes looked ok from the road(that is the good end) but this rain has just killed us, all our good work is going to shit.

No drainage upgrade ?

VelkiKurac
27-04-2022, 04:58 PM
Cardiff V Croatia washed out tonight haha

Jardelsimage
28-04-2022, 07:03 AM
No drainage upgrade ?

drainage was done, but not done well, it was completed about 5 years ago and we are hearing more and more stories about what was done and what wasn't done properly.
Talking last night we have heard some of the trenches were backfilled with dirt, instead of aggregate....
the juniors had engaged a contractor, but council came in and said you have to use there's, who was more expensive, but that's only one of many stories.

VelkiKurac
28-04-2022, 11:26 AM
drainage was done, but not done well, it was completed about 5 years ago and we are hearing more and more stories about what was done and what wasn't done properly.
Talking last night we have heard some of the trenches were backfilled with dirt, instead of aggregate....
the juniors had engaged a contractor, but council came in and said you have to use there's, who was more expensive, but that's only one of many stories.

Not like NCC to get it wrong lol

Jardelsimage
28-04-2022, 01:03 PM
Not like NCC to get it wrong lol

Lake Mac council

Hajduk
30-04-2022, 07:59 PM
Todays results.
Newcastle Croatia v Azzurri

Reserve Grade
1-1 Draw

A goal to Mark Aranmala put Croatia one up. Two penalties saves from Croatia GK Mark Shal and a late unfortunate own goal gave Azzurri a point.

First Grade
0-2 Loss

An early goal to Azzurri from a Croatia error put the visitors one up.
At the 21st minute mark a bad leg injury to one of the Azzurri players meant the game was temporarily suspended and Croatia was down to ten men. After a forty five minute delay both sides agreed to play the final forty minutes of the game.
A late goal to Azzurri gave them all three points.

Everyone at Croatia would like to wish the Azzurri player all the best and hope for a speed recovery.

Premy
04-05-2022, 10:52 PM
Cardiff vs Newcastle
1st 1-5
Res 3-0

AZZURRIZL3
07-05-2022, 12:07 AM
AZZURRI V KURRI
1sts: Azzurri 7-1
Res: Azzurri 1-0

Hajduk
07-05-2022, 07:00 PM
Bellbird v newcastle Croatia
1st 0-10
Res 4-0

The Hacker
07-05-2022, 07:38 PM
Bellbird v newcastle Croatia
1st 0-10
Res 4-0

How many from the great Luke Lawless

riverboy
07-05-2022, 07:58 PM

Facebook pages says he got none, although he might not have played.
Jake McGuiness got 7

The Hacker
07-05-2022, 08:08 PM
Facebook pages says he got none, although he might not have played.
Jake McGuiness got 7

That’s a day out. Surely he will get bored of it

Hajduk
07-05-2022, 08:19 PM

No goals, but 6 assists.

Premy
08-05-2022, 09:48 PM
Cardiff vs Medowie
1st: 1-1
Res: 6-1

riverboy
10-05-2022, 09:23 AM
Early doors
Looks like Newcastle Croatia and Azzurri the 2 teams to beat.

Raymond Terraces first up loss to Newcastle Croatia doesn't look too bad only going down 4-2. But was there a story behind the forfeit on Sunday?

Cardiff had a good win over azzurri but results look a little patchy since, there was a mention of players missing??

Kurri, flogged by azzurri. Must have been missing players.

Medowie's result looked decent on weekend?

Buddha
10-05-2022, 10:22 AM
Believe Terrace had a few covid cases run through the squad so were unable to field enough for 2 teams

AZZURRIZL3
10-05-2022, 10:23 AM
Been told that Raymond Terrace had quite a few out with COVID. Could only scrape together a side for Reserve Grade then just decided to call it quits on Saturday morning. Gave our boys a rest after Friday night though. Hopefully they don’t have it too bad

anfield
10-05-2022, 03:12 PM
Early doors
Looks like Newcastle Croatia and Azzurri the 2 teams to beat.

Raymond Terraces first up loss to Newcastle Croatia doesn't look too bad only going down 4-2. But was there a story behind the forfeit on Sunday?

Cardiff had a good win over azzurri but results look a little patchy since, there was a mention of players missing??

Kurri, flogged by azzurri. Must have been missing players.

Medowie's result looked decent on weekend?

Cardiff definitely have had some decent players missing but probably most teams have. So we can't use that for any excuses, especially the last 2 games where numbers were decent. With 35 signed there is always players missing...

Azzurri and Newcastle Croatia impressive. Newcastle Croatia have recruited well and will take some effort to beat them when they have everyone on deck.

Charman
13-05-2022, 11:54 AM
Newcastle Croatia impressive. Newcastle Croatia have recruited well and will take some effort to beat them when they have everyone on deck.[/QUOTE]

The team filled with players who find it too hard to challenge themselves at the level they are capable of but prefer to beat up on lesser opposition and make out like they're world beaters?

Sideline
13-05-2022, 12:30 PM
Newcastle Croatia impressive. Newcastle Croatia have recruited well and will take some effort to beat them when they have everyone on deck.

The team filled with players who find it too hard to challenge themselves at the level they are capable of but prefer to beat up on lesser opposition and make out like they're world beaters?[/QUOTE]

Judging by their recruitment I doubt sticking around in ZL3 is their ambition, from what I recall hearing they were told to start from the bottom since reforming which is fair. A fair majority of blokes running around in zl can play at whatever level they want the fact is work commitments and training multiple nights a week makes that decision a bit easier when choosing to still have a kick hence why most zl comps are fairly strong from what I have seen over the last few yrs that's my take on it anyways

ForeverRed
13-05-2022, 12:41 PM
Newcastle Croatia impressive. Newcastle Croatia have recruited well and will take some effort to beat them when they have everyone on deck.

The team filled with players who find it too hard to challenge themselves at the level they are capable of but prefer to beat up on lesser opposition and make out like they're world beaters?[/QUOTE]
Whatever mate 🤦*♂️

VelkiKurac
13-05-2022, 12:48 PM

The team filled with players who find it too hard to challenge themselves at the level they are capable of but prefer to beat up on lesser opposition and make out like they're world beaters?[/QUOTE

Or maybe they just wanted to join a club who has ambition to go places and wanted to be apart of that.

VelkiKurac
13-05-2022, 12:50 PM
Correct - from what I understand the club has big plans to move up through the grades and eventually Bring juniors in as well.
Yes they were told you have to start at the bottom.

VelkiKurac
13-05-2022, 12:54 PM
The team filled with players who find it too hard to challenge themselves at the level they are capable of but prefer to beat up on lesser opposition and make out like they're world beaters?

Judging by their recruitment I doubt sticking around in ZL3 is their ambition, from what I recall hearing they were told to start from the bottom since reforming which is fair. A fair majority of blokes running around in zl can play at whatever level they want the fact is work commitments and training multiple nights a week makes that decision a bit easier when choosing to still have a kick hence why most zl comps are fairly strong from what I have seen over the last few yrs that's my take on it anyways[/QUOTE]

Correct - from what I understand the club has big plans to move up through the grades and eventually Bring juniors in as well.
Yes they were told you have to start at the bottom.

Hajduk
13-05-2022, 01:02 PM

Well buddy, newcastle Croatia had to start from the bottom, that’s how things work these days. They recruited good players to go up divisions, not to just sit in zone league 3. There aim is to go higher, and hopefully soon enough add juniors to there list, so if there gonna beat up on lesser opposition now , so be it, that’s the only way you gonna make it up to the higher divisions, isn’t that how it works, or am I wrong. 🇭🇷🇭🇷⚽️⚽️

Premy
13-05-2022, 03:59 PM
As someone who will play against Newcastle this season, myself personally and I think all of my team mates welcome the challenge. If Newcastle is to be promoted this season you best believe we plan to make them earn it and push for promotion ourselves.

They all seem like pretty decent blokes that just want to play Football on the weekend, much like the rest of us. My only gripe is that I blew out my Hamstring in the first 20 minutes of the season against Hamilton so I missed the first game against Newcastle and will miss the next game.
All the best to the players and the club as a whole in this new chapter, enjoy the highs and hopefully we can deal you a few lows.

HAFC_ZL
13-05-2022, 05:48 PM
Well buddy, newcastle Croatia had to start from the bottom, that’s how things work these days. They recruited good players to go up divisions, not to just sit in zone league 3. There aim is to go higher, and hopefully soon enough add juniors to there list, so if there gonna beat up on lesser opposition now , so be it, that’s the only way you gonna make it up to the higher divisions, isn’t that how it works, or am I wrong. 🇭🇷🇭🇷⚽️⚽️

Nothing wrong at all with having a bit of ambition. We’ve all had to start at the bottom, then some clubs just aim to climb higher in a shorter timeframe. Good to see the Croats giving it a red hot crack early days.

Mitchy
14-05-2022, 01:20 AM
The joys of an actual football pyramid. Until NPL/a league..

Hajduk
14-05-2022, 10:23 AM
As someone who will play against Newcastle this season, myself personally and I think all of my team mates welcome the challenge. If Newcastle is to be promoted this season you best believe we plan to make them earn it and push for promotion ourselves.

They all seem like pretty decent blokes that just want to play Football on the weekend, much like the rest of us. My only gripe is that I blew out my Hamstring in the first 20 minutes of the season against Hamilton so I missed the first game against Newcastle and will miss the next game.
All the best to the players and the club as a whole in this new chapter, enjoy the highs and hopefully we can deal you a few lows.

Goodluck with the Hammy mate, hope your back on the park sooner than later. With all these washout games, I dare say you won’t miss many more. 🇭🇷🇭🇷⚽️

riverboy
14-05-2022, 03:57 PM
End of the day Rules are Rules, If they have to start at the bottom then so be it.

They have set up well for this year and judging by their signings listed on their social media then I'm thinking they are aiming for ZPL at the minimum.

Given their socials they probably have a target on their shoulders. Smells a little egotistic, but if they back it up on the field then good luck to them.

Premy
30-05-2022, 09:26 PM
Had a look at the ladder tor the first time this season.

Obviously with all the washouts there is still a lot to happen. I just thought it was a nice coincidence that Raymond Terrace are top in first grade and bottom in second grade whilst Bellbird is the complete opposite.

anfield
01-06-2022, 04:30 PM
Cardiff v Raymond terrace
Firsts grade 3-2 Raymond Terrace
Reserves 2-1 cardiff

Disappointing not to get something out of first grade, conceding 2 goals in 3 minutes right on half time was the killer.

Thanks to Raymond Terrace for hosting, Cardiff moving their home game there to get the game on. Apart from Raymond Terrace and Bellbird, all other zl3 teams struggling to play home games.

VelkiKurac
04-06-2022, 09:36 PM
Croatia V Terrace
First Grade 4-0 Croatia
Reserve Grade 2-1 Croatia

AZZURRIZL3
05-06-2022, 06:28 PM
Azzurri v Cardiff

Res: 4-0
1sts: 4-1

Results are pretty flattering, Cardiff put up a good fight in both grades, on top at the end of First Grade. Big penalty save at the end of the first half in Reserve Grade as well.

anfield
06-06-2022, 12:31 AM
Azzurri v Cardiff

Res: 4-0
1sts: 4-1

Results are pretty flattering, Cardiff put up a good fight in both grades, on top at the end of First Grade. Big penalty save at the end of the first half in Reserve Grade as well.

Well done to Azzurri, they deserved their wins. We weren't enthusiastic enough in first grade in the first half, Azzurri were much more up for the contest and went in at half time 3-0 up. We played some good football in the second half and should have pegged a couple more goals back, but in reality the game was lost in the first half.

Reserve grade had plenty of opportunities to get back in the game at 1-0 down. But after butchering those opportunities, Azzurri put the foot down and ran away with the game.

VelkiKurac
08-06-2022, 10:06 AM
Last night
Medowie V Croatia
Res 2-2
1st 0-3

Hajduk
12-06-2022, 06:07 PM
Croatia v Kurri
Res- Kurri forfeited
1st- 3-0

anfield
12-06-2022, 07:11 PM
Cardiff v Bellbird
First grade 6-0 cardiff
Reserve grade , Bellbird forfeited.

Late, Late Forfeit in Reserve grade with some players already at the ground when the club was advised.

Shere Khan
12-06-2022, 07:33 PM
Looks like there’s a few forfeits coming through.
It’s a shame Bellbird were one of the most difficult sides to play.
Hard as **** and a travelling supporters group from one end to the other with Ute, lounge and esky.

The Hacker
13-06-2022, 11:28 AM
Looks like there’s a few forfeits coming through.
It’s a shame Bellbird were one of the most difficult sides to play.
Hard as **** and a travelling supporters group from one end to the other with Ute, lounge and esky.

Long weekend in the lower leagues you will get the odd forfeit

AZZURRIZL3
13-06-2022, 03:49 PM
1sts: Azzurri 5-1 Medowie
Res: Azzurri 3-0 Medowie

anfield
14-06-2022, 10:34 PM
Long weekend in the lower leagues you will get the odd forfeit

No dramas about a forfeit but an hour before reserve grade Kick-off is ridiculous. We had a player travel 3 and a half hours down the coast just to play, to be told 5 minutes after arriving that the game was off was tough on him. Luckily he got a run of the bench in first grade.

anfield
16-06-2022, 01:20 PM
Kurri v Cardiff
Firsts 2-1 Kurri
Reserves 2-0 cardiff

Club referees on hand as no official referees present.

First grade was a rough result. Kurri dominated first half and scored a penalty right on half time.
Cardiff better team in the second half, equalised with a good goal then denied a penalty.
Kurri awarded a second very soft penalty 10 minutes to go which they converted.

Very frustrating.........

Reserves, Scoreline could have been much more if Cardiff converted countless opportunities

riverboy
16-06-2022, 04:31 PM
Kurri v Cardiff
Firsts 2-1 Kurri
Reserves 2-0 cardiff

Club referees on hand as no official referees present.

First grade was a rough result. Kurri dominated first half and scored a penalty right on half time.
Cardiff better team in the second half, equalised with a good goal then denied a penalty.
Kurri awarded a second very soft penalty 10 minutes to go which they converted.

Very frustrating.........

Reserves, Scoreline could have been much more if Cardiff converted countless opportunities

It's nearly a case of trying to be so dominant in games with club officials that their performances are insignificant. Kurri can be a tribal sort of place, hard to get calls at the best of times.

anfield
16-06-2022, 06:58 PM
It's nearly a case of trying to be so dominant in games with club officials that their performances are insignificant. Kurri can be a tribal sort of place, hard to get calls at the best of times.

Club referee had 2 decent games, I think the linesman made the call for a penalty.

It's over now, we move on

AZZURRIZL3
19-06-2022, 05:46 PM
Azzurri v Croatia
1sts 1-0
Res 1-2

Couple red cards in Reserve Grade and a very tight affair. Our first loss of the season so fair play to Croatia.

First Grade had half the squad out and come away with a 1-0 win. One of the most intense games I’ve seen

anfield
20-06-2022, 03:59 PM
Azzurri v Croatia
1sts 1-0
Res 1-2

Couple red cards in Reserve Grade and a very tight affair. Our first loss of the season so fair play to Croatia.

First Grade had half the squad out and come away with a 1-0 win. One of the most intense games I’ve seen

Massive results in both grades yesterday.

I guess it makes the 3rd game between these teams as vital for minor premiership. Sounds like Azzurri held off an intense barrage of pressure. 2 wins over Newcastle in a season was probably unthinkable to them.

Kurri have skipped into 3rd, some big weeks ahead could shape the finals positions clearer.

Buddha
21-06-2022, 08:44 AM

I guess it makes the 3rd game between these teams as vital for minor premiership. Sounds like Azzurri held off an intense barrage of pressure. 2 wins over Newcastle in a season was probably unthinkable to them.

Kurri have skipped into 3rd, some big weeks ahead could shape the finals positions clearer.

Was a truly intense match to watch. Early goal to the Crabs and then withstood an absolute barrage of attack from Croatia. Some may not like the bus being parked but sometimes you need to play to your strengths, J McGuinness having a rare day without a goal. Was shackled pretty well. Great atmosphere

salmon
21-06-2022, 10:03 AM
Was a truly intense match to watch. Early goal to the Crabs and then withstood an absolute barrage of attack from Croatia. Some may not like the bus being parked but sometimes you need to play to your strengths, J McGuinness having a rare day without a goal. Was shackled pretty well. Great atmosphere

I know it's been portrayed as such on socials, however, was it really a barrage? Not doubting Croatia definitely had the lion's share of possession, yet failed to produce many meaningful shots on target. They forced a miraculous save from a ripper of a long ranger in the first half, then had a couple dangerous looking shots miss the target in the second half. Apart from that it was just poor crosses and poor set pieces finding the Azzurri gloveman. Perhaps if their players were more focused on the task at hand as opposed to interacting with the Azzurri supporters, that came in droves after their ZPL game at Hexham was postponed, they possibly would have won the game.

Also despite Croatia controlling the game, Azzurri still probably had better chances to score more goals on the counter attack. One open goal late in the second half that was missed would have sealed it at 2-0, and there were other opportunities earlier in the game where they could have extended their lead, however they either overplayed it or Croatia scrambled well. Davey Hecimovic at the back was huge for Croatia. Would imagine though that with 6 first graders missing, Azzurri would be pretty confident moving forwards.

VelkiKurac
21-06-2022, 10:14 AM

Do you call Suns and Olympic Newcastle ? Or you just have a problem with the word Croatia?

anfield
21-06-2022, 03:30 PM
Do you call Suns and Olympic Newcastle ? Or you just have a problem with the word Croatia?

Sorry Sir , Newcastle Croatia. No problem at all

VelkiKurac
21-06-2022, 04:50 PM
Sorry Sir , Newcastle Croatia. No problem at all

Good to know. 👍

riverboy
22-06-2022, 12:35 AM
Croatia V Terrace
First Grade 4-0 Croatia
Reserve Grade 2-1 Croatia
If your going to be petty with old mate, where's the Newcastle listed here?

The football forum, all the big issues

VelkiKurac
22-06-2022, 07:43 AM
If your going to be petty with old mate, where's the Newcastle listed here?

The football forum, all the big issues
Why would I write Newcastle when I didn’t write Raymond ?

riverboy
22-06-2022, 08:52 AM
Why would I write Newcastle when I didn’t write Raymond ?

Seriously I don't care.

VelkiKurac
22-06-2022, 08:55 AM
Seriously I don't care.
Hahahahahaha

Lofty
22-06-2022, 09:47 AM
Have seen some petty things in these forums. This is right down there.

VelkiKurac
22-06-2022, 09:58 AM
Have seen some petty things in these forums. This is right down there.

😁

Nou Camp
23-06-2022, 06:20 PM

Obviously havent been to a suns game when the 15,000 strong NEWCASTLE! NEWCASTLE! Goes up

VelkiKurac
23-06-2022, 07:23 PM
Obviously havent been to a suns game when the 15,000 strong NEWCASTLE! NEWCASTLE! Goes up

Lol

traffic light
23-06-2022, 11:39 PM

Alrighty, I didnt before but lets fix it all up. lets go with C*ntia FC. Oops almost forgot the prefix, Newcastle

AZZURRIZL3
24-06-2022, 12:54 AM
Azzurri v Kurri

1sts 1-0
Res 1-1

VelkiKurac
24-06-2022, 11:30 AM
Alrighty, I didnt before but lets fix it all up. lets go with C*ntia FC. Oops almost forgot the prefix, Newcastle
Good one 🙄

Buddha
24-06-2022, 02:45 PM
Azzurri go top of the table after last night. Can they sustain it?

Premy
24-06-2022, 06:01 PM
I'll chime in.

I've referred to Newcastle Croatia as Newcastle in the past much like have referred to Hamilton Olympic or Charlestown Azzurri as just Hamilton or Charlestown. It's also the exact same reason as why I refer to Wallsend or Mayfield as that and not Red Devils or Tigers.

Personally I would have gone with Hajduk Newcastle

Hope we can all move on now without anyone having a "problem"

AZZURRIZL3
25-06-2022, 07:58 PM
Azzurri v Terrace
1sts 8-1
Res 4-0

anfield
26-06-2022, 02:49 PM
Medowie v Cardiff
Firsts 1-1
Reserves 3-1 Cardiff

Medowie took it to us in both grades, we were lucky to come away from there with the points we got. Having 16 players unavailable didn't help.

anfield
12-07-2022, 03:04 PM
Looks like Newcastle council have closed Tarro Park today just after 12?

VelkiKurac
12-07-2022, 05:33 PM
Looks like Newcastle council have closed Tarro Park today just after 12?

Correct - still puddles in both goal mouths

anfield
20-07-2022, 12:33 AM
Cardiff v Kurri
First grade Cardiff 4-1
Reserves 1-1

Kicktheball
20-07-2022, 10:31 PM
Is it true the Croatian superstars hoping to jump up to ZL1 couldn’t beat Medowie..

The Hacker
20-07-2022, 10:40 PM
Is it true the Croatian superstars hoping to jump up to ZL1 couldn’t beat Medowie..

They need to worry about ZL3 first

VelkiKurac
21-07-2022, 09:41 AM

Must be wrong to have ambition these days and you are wrong it’s ZPL 😎

VelkiKurac
21-07-2022, 09:42 AM
They need to worry about ZL3 first

Don’t you worry they are.

anfield
22-07-2022, 12:07 AM
Is it true the Croatian superstars hoping to jump up to ZL1 couldnÂ’t beat Medowie..

Obviously the last clash between Azzurri and Newcastle croatia is a must win for Croatia in the race for promotion. Azzurri have had an exceptionally good season so far, Croatia's year has been pretty good too. May the best team win.

Obviously for us at Cardiff we will be looking to get points off both teams in our hunt for a top 4 finish. The challenge is pretty big and we will nearly have to be faultless to get near both. Obviously a win previously over Azzurri gives us some confidence against them, but I think they are a different beast now.

Croatia were excellent against us, The challenge to get points off them is immense but we will give it a crack.

Who knows, with only 7 teams in league 2 there maybe an option that the top 2 maybe both given the option of promotion.

Hurricane
23-07-2022, 06:27 PM

They beat Medowie today, I believe that the score line was 24-0

Hajduk
23-07-2022, 06:48 PM
No it was Raymond terrace
First grade 24-0 Croatia
Res grade 6-0 Croatia

Shere Khan
23-07-2022, 06:54 PM
😳

Homer7654
23-07-2022, 08:48 PM
Can beat every team 30-0 but it’s all about coming first in the end

riverboy
24-07-2022, 09:48 AM
From what I hear and have read Croatia should be coming first. If the don't finish first, then they should be disappointed.

Especially when they are playing B squads of Hamilton Azzurri and Cardiff and are behind Azzurri.

I played for a few zone league clubs, including a poor mayfield side who were touched up by Hamilton Azzurri in zl3 a few years ago. That Hamilton Azzurri team were good, I don't think they lost a game?They wouldn't have had the names or reputations of the Croatia team.

I was also told by a mate that plays zl1 that Croatia are trying to poach players big time next year. He has a relative that plays for Medowie. Apparently Croatia made an approach to a medowie player after the game the other night through a coach, poor form.

SAPDADDY
24-07-2022, 10:30 AM
From what I hear and have read Croatia should be coming first. If the don't finish first, then they should be disappointed.

Especially when they are playing B squads of Hamilton Azzurri and Cardiff and are behind Azzurri.

I played for a few zone league clubs, including a poor mayfield side who were touched up by Hamilton Azzurri in zl3 a few years ago. That Hamilton Azzurri team were good, I don't think they lost a game?They wouldn't have had the names or reputations of the Croatia team.

I was also told by a mate that plays zl1 that Croatia are trying to poach players big time next year. He has a relative that plays for Medowie. Apparently Croatia made an approach to a medowie player after the game the other night through a coach, poor form.

Poaching happens in every single comp

VelkiKurac
24-07-2022, 10:42 AM

1000% didn’t happen but Im sure a mate from ZL1 would know what’s happening at Croatia 🤦😂

anfield
24-07-2022, 06:08 PM
No it was Raymond terrace
First grade 24-0 Croatia
Res grade 6-0 Croatia

OK, there must be more to the Scoreline. Yes Croatia are good, but Raymond Terrace are running 4th??

Azzurri v Cardiff washed out

boz-monaut
24-07-2022, 06:14 PM
OK, there must be more to the Scoreline. Yes Croatia are good, but Raymond Terrace are running 4th??
Splendor is on this weekend, lots of young blokes are known to attend

anfield
24-07-2022, 07:54 PM
Splendor is on this weekend, lots of young blokes are known to attend

Yeah I'm sure that is a very probable explanation. Surely if numbers were so bad you would just forfeit, especially against a strong team.

TCT
25-07-2022, 08:30 AM
Yeah I'm sure that is a very probable explanation. Surely if numbers were so bad you would just forfeit, especially against a strong team.

The entire first grade side was out due to a birthday. The captain told the coach to forfeit, they decided to play. Reserve grade playing both games against one of the strongest teams in the comp, no surprises over the score line. Seems like Croatia forget to mention this on their socials, I have heard that comments have even been deleted from the terrace boys when this was mentioned.

Villians
25-07-2022, 01:22 PM
Can't forfeit just first grade, have to forfeit both grades or just reserves. Lame from the boys to choose day drinking for a bday over playing - deserved the serving they got then.

TCT
25-07-2022, 01:49 PM
Can't forfeit just first grade, have to forfeit both grades or just reserves. Lame from the boys to choose day drinking for a bday over playing - deserved the serving they got then.

Depends how you want to look at it I guess. It is only ZL3, players sign up to this league to do away with the commitments of Higher leagues. If they want to enjoy one weekend out of the entire season then so be it.

Lofty
25-07-2022, 03:33 PM

Heaven forbid having a social life outside of 5th tier football in Newcastle...

Sideline
25-07-2022, 05:55 PM
The entire first grade side was out due to a birthday. The captain told the coach to forfeit, they decided to play. Reserve grade playing both games against one of the strongest teams in the comp, no surprises over the score line. Seems like Croatia forget to mention this on their socials, I have heard that comments have even been deleted from the terrace boys when this was mentioned.

Heaven forbid having a social life outside of 5th tier football in Newcastle...

Yes but also stringing out your blokes in reserve grade is pretty poor too its a bday im sure plenty of players in the comp arrange it better on the day, imo congrats to the coach for playing them, why sacrifice your reserve grade team missing their match because a whole sqaud wants to party, club culture is a thing maybe the result was a msg to their 1st grade players for stitching them up

The Hacker
25-07-2022, 07:32 PM
Yes but also stringing out your blokes in reserve grade is pretty poor too its a bday im sure plenty of players in the comp arrange it better on the day, imo congrats to the coach for playing them, why sacrifice your reserve grade team missing their match because a whole sqaud wants to party, club culture is a thing maybe the result was a msg to their 1st grade players for stitching them up

It’s not like the draw came out last week and the party couldn’t plan around it.

anfield
28-07-2022, 10:18 AM
Raymond terrace v Cardiff
First grade Cardiff 4-1
Reserves Cardiff 2-0

Terrace put up a good effort in both grades to make Cardiff earn the points

AZZURRIZL3
30-07-2022, 07:54 PM
Azzurri V Medowie

Res: 7-1 Azzurri
Firsts: 3-2 Azzurri.

Tough contest in Medowie, don’t know how they’re second last. Very good side on their day. Led 2-0 until the last 15 minutes before a hat trick from one of our boys at the death got us the 3 points.

VelkiKurac
30-07-2022, 08:05 PM
Croatia V Kurri

Firsts 4-0 Croatia
Reserves 2-1 Croatia

A big thank you to Kurri for hosting our home games today.

anfield
30-07-2022, 11:46 PM
Azzurri V Medowie

Res: 7-1 Azzurri
Firsts: 3-2 Azzurri.

Tough contest in Medowie, don’t know how they’re second last. Very good side on their day. Led 2-0 until the last 15 minutes before a hat trick from one of our boys at the death got us the 3 points.

Last few years I've noticed Medowie have a lot better numbers for home games, possibly a few good multi registered players that just play home games.

Medowie also are a team that plays with plenty of heart, which has helped them put in some good performances against higher ranked opposition.

anfield
01-08-2022, 10:24 AM
Cardiff city v Bellbird
Firsts 7-1
Reserves 1-1

Obviously with Bellbird struggling for numbers, the reserve grade fixture was the main result of relevance.

Having 13 players unavailable ourselves meant putting together a strong reserve grade was difficult. In saying that Bellbird were lucky to hold on for a 1-1 draw

anfield
04-08-2022, 10:15 AM
Raymond Terrace v Cardiff
Firsts 8-0 Cardiff
Reserves 4-0 Cardiff

Terrace with a few guys doubling up, solid effort from them.

VelkiKurac
07-08-2022, 06:13 PM
Azzurri V Croatia

1s 4-0 Croatia
Res 2-1 Azzurri

Villians
07-08-2022, 11:28 PM
Azzurri V Croatia

1s 4-0 Croatia
Res 2-1 Azzurri

Big result there

VelkiKurac
12-08-2022, 07:22 AM
Croatia V Cardiff last night

1s 5-0 Croatia
Res 4-1 Croatia

All the best to the Cardiff player who was injured and taken to hospital.

AZZURRIZL3
12-08-2022, 10:17 AM
Wednesday night

Azzurri v Bellbird
Res 0-0
Firsts 6-0

anfield
13-08-2022, 01:02 AM
Croatia V Cardiff last night

1s 5-0 Croatia
Res 4-1 Croatia

All the best to the Cardiff player who was injured and taken to hospital.

Croatia are certainly an impressive outfit, I thought we were poor last night and payed the price. We gifted them the first goal and struggled to get any real momentum into the game. Croatia will be hard to stop.

All the best to the Croatia player that was taken from the field and was later taken to hospital. Hopefully a quick recovery

AZZURRIZL3
13-08-2022, 05:54 PM
Azzurri v Bellbird
Res 6-0
1sts 10-0

anfield
14-08-2022, 08:43 AM
Cardiff v Kurri moved to Birralee Oval at Kurri today

AZZURRIZL3
19-08-2022, 08:18 AM
Azzurri v Cardiff

Res 5-0
1sts 3-1

First Grade was a great game to watch, plenty of action in the first half especially. Thanks to Cardiff for hosting the games.

anfield
19-08-2022, 10:37 AM
Azzurri v Cardiff

Res 5-0
1sts 3-1

First Grade was a great game to watch, plenty of action in the first half especially. Thanks to Cardiff for hosting the games.

Effort was there from our guys, started well and got an early goals. But Azzurri battered us for 25 minutes before half time and got 2 goals to take the lead. it was difficult to stop the momentum.

Second half was a lot more even, but the game was won in that 25 minutes.

MurderOnZidanesFloor
19-08-2022, 09:11 PM
Fascinating to see that Azzurri could still deny the Croatia boys promotion if they can win all of their proceeding matches.

riverboy
20-08-2022, 11:44 PM
The stories you hear out on the drink....
What's the story with a brawl in the Kurri v Croatia game??

mge61
21-08-2022, 09:14 PM
Any results this weekend?

AZZURRIZL3
21-08-2022, 09:18 PM
Azzurri v Medowie

1sts: Azzurri 2-1
Res: Azzurri 3-2

Azzurri v Bellbird

1sts: Azzurri 10-0
Res: Bellbird 1-0

FootballFiend4957
22-08-2022, 11:00 AM
The stories you hear out on the drink....
What's the story with a brawl in the Kurri v Croatia game??

Massive Brawl in Rezzies, no refs tempers flaring for most of the 2nd half, some grubby challenges from Croatia and disgusting abuse towards the young club ref didn't help. Things hit boiling point late in the half with some questionable behavior by a Croatia player, 5 minutes later a heavy challenge from a Kurri player led to punches being thrown. Brawl kicked off with numerous players from boths sides going at one another before the Croatia coaching staff ran out escalating things further putting players in Head-locks and upper cutting people. Disgusting to see really as a spectator both sides were involved but Croatia definitely made tempers flare from the start of the game and kept the brawl going. Once it settled kicked back off again after a Croatia spectator decided to get involved, culminating with a duty officer from Kurri being punched trying to break up the fight. Game Abandoned in the end. Both sides to blame but as a neutral spectator have to say some of the Croatia players and the head coach have some answering to do after making things much worse with it being more of a 3 v 6 in terms of actual brawlers in Croatia's favour. Could he some length suspensions for both teams coming in

Kicktheball
22-08-2022, 11:03 AM
It’s looking likely that azzuri will win promotion over Croatia ? How do the Croatians feel about this

VelkiKurac
22-08-2022, 11:11 AM
Massive Brawl in Rezzies, no refs tempers flaring for most of the 2nd half, some grubby challenges from Croatia and disgusting abuse towards the young club ref didn't help. Things hit boiling point late in the half with some questionable behavior by a Croatia player, 5 minutes later a heavy challenge from a Kurri player led to punches being thrown. Brawl kicked off with numerous players from boths sides going at one another before the Croatia coaching staff ran out escalating things further putting players in Head-locks and upper cutting people. Disgusting to see really as a spectator both sides were involved but Croatia definitely made tempers flare from the start of the game and kept the brawl going. Once it settled kicked back off again after a Croatia spectator decided to get involved, culminating with a duty officer from Kurri being punched trying to break up the fight. Game Abandoned in the end. Both sides to blame but as a neutral spectator have to say some of the Croatia players and the head coach have some answering to do after making things much worse with it being more of a 3 v 6 in terms of actual brawlers in Croatia's favour. Could he some length suspensions for both teams coming in

Like it’s said there’s always two sides to every story and then there’s the truth.
You version has some huge holes in the actual events and I’ll leave it at that. We will wait on the report and outcome from Newcastle Football.

Hajduk
22-08-2022, 11:19 AM

Don’t know what game you were watching champ, that is no where near the truth, was a good game and we’re no bad tackles from either side till the last 10 minute’s of the game, when Kurri player took out Croatian player, than grabbed him by the throat, a Croatian player came in to help his mate, were that Croatian player that game in to help got dog hit from behind from Kurri player, than everyone ran in and got involved.
Kurri spectator which was sitting on grandstand, game on pitch and pushed Croatian coach in face, than Kurri president came on, and was telling the young ref which is his son, who to give red cards too and etc, which he provoked the incident even further more, he should not of even entered the playing area.

Hajduk
22-08-2022, 11:23 AM
It’s looking likely that azzuri will win promotion over Croatia ? How do the Croatians feel about this

It is what it is, goodluck to the Azzurri boy’s they have dug deep all year, and have got the result’s when needed. Always’s next season.

The Hacker
22-08-2022, 11:29 AM

I thought Croatia were going to come in get promoted in the first year and skip ZL2 and ZL1 and go straight to ZPL. I’d hate to be the coach with that playing roster that couldn’t get out of ZL3. I’d leave that absolute failure off the resume

VelkiKurac
22-08-2022, 11:36 AM
I thought Croatia were going to come in get promoted in the first year and skip ZL2 and ZL1 and go straight to ZPL. I’d hate to be the coach with that playing roster that couldn’t get out of ZL3. I’d leave that absolute failure off the resume

Good one 😂😂

The Hacker
22-08-2022, 11:39 AM
Good one 😂😂

Compare squads. Croatia shouldn’t have dropped a point let alone missed promotion.

VelkiKurac
22-08-2022, 11:42 AM

My personal thoughts are that I couldn’t be happier the way our first season back has unfolded. Most of you youngsters wouldn’t know that Croatia existed in local football in the mid 80s and early 90s so it took a load of background work to start this club back from scratch after 27/28 years. We have bigger plans for the future and knew it will be a long process and we are willing to do that.

In the beginning of this year I just wanted to be competitive and I think we have more than shown that we are and would be in higher divisions.

If Azzurri wins the promotion then all the best to them as being the most consistent team all year.

Doesn’t matter what comp we are in personally I just want to see out colours running around again.

VelkiKurac
22-08-2022, 11:46 AM
Compare squads. Croatia shouldn’t have dropped a point let alone missed promotion.

Azzurri wouldn’t be where they are if they didn’t have a decent squad.
We have not missed promotion yet 😜

Hajduk
22-08-2022, 11:50 AM

Compare squads. Have you watched azzurri play, they have just as good players as Newcastle Croatia, which could be playing higher level aswell, so no we don’t feel bad, if it was the like’s of any of the other team’s to win the comp than yes you have a valid point, we are just happy we could have our team playing again. Goodluck to Azzurri.

FootballFiend4957
22-08-2022, 12:02 PM
Don’t know what game you were watching champ, that is no where near the truth, was a good game and we’re no bad tackles from either side till the last 10 minute’s of the game, when Kurri player took out Croatian player, than grabbed him by the throat, a Croatian player came in to help his mate, were that Croatian player that game in to help got dog hit from behind from Kurri player, than everyone ran in and got involved.
Kurri spectator which was sitting on grandstand, game on pitch and pushed Croatian coach in face, than Kurri president came on, and was telling the young ref which is his son, who to give red cards too and etc, which he provoked the incident even further more, he should not of even entered the playing area.

I just went up to catch some mutual friends play for the first time this season and it was a pretty firey game as a neutral I don't watch much ZL I usually stick to NPL and NL1 it was a pretty embarrassing sight for both clubs really, like I said both sides are to blame and both sides have some answers to provide, For me as a referee the abuse directed to the club referee who only looked about 17-18 from Croatia was terrible for me and I can't really blame his dad for coming down and trying to help him it would be very intimidating at that age trying to handle something like that

mge61
22-08-2022, 12:03 PM
Don't know if it's still the case but several years ago you didn't have to win the comp to go up to a higher division. Pretty sure you could nominate to play in any division if you could back up the application.

anfield
22-08-2022, 02:41 PM
Compare squads. Croatia shouldnÂ’t have dropped a point let alone missed promotion.

Azzurri and Croatia are both extremely good sides and could easily be competitive in zl1 at a minimum but probably higher.

In my time involved in zl3 I haven't seen 2 sides of such quality in this division at the same time. In the past there has been some good sides, Argenton, Azzurri , Miami and Lakes set the bar high. I'm not sure that they would beat these 2.

Croatia certainly have the best team put together at this level, Azzurri also have quality in there ranks. At cardiff, we are trying our best to give either a good fight. Doesn't help when you have 17 players unavailable, which happened last Thursday against Azzurri. That makes it even harder to compete.

Premy
22-08-2022, 05:12 PM
I'll start this with a disclaimer that I wasn't at the Newcastle vs Kurri game and in no way should any violence be condoned. I hope both clubs are proactive and discipline any trouble makers before the joint Zone Committee is forced to get involved.

Now that said, I can definitely feel the frustration from the Newcastle guy's regarding Club Ref's at Kurri. I understand that being a ref is hard and it is hard to be critical of a volunteer but I must say the game's this season I've played vs Kurri at Kurri have been beyond dangerous. The Kurri guy's knew they could fly into challenges dangerously and not suffer any repercussions for doing so, it was a miracle we got out of Kurri one night with only one player suffering a season ending injury. The frustration set's in as the Club Ref clearly knew how to issue cards and call fouls but he was extremely forthcoming in doing that against Kurri. The guy we had, he issued them for dissent to our guy's for questioning an offside call but allowed the Kurri guy's to call him some very vulgar name's. There are many more examples like that, that I could give you but we all get the picture.

I'm not surprised one bit to hear something like this has happened, it was bound to happen.
Again I'm not excusing the actions of anyone involved in the incident this weekend, I just thought I would add a little context of my experience from playing at Kurri this season.

Hajduk
22-08-2022, 05:24 PM
I'll start this with a disclaimer that I wasn't at the Newcastle vs Kurri game and in no way should any violence be condoned. I hope both clubs are proactive and discipline any trouble makers before the joint Zone Committee is forced to get involved.

Now that said, I can definitely feel the frustration from the Newcastle guy's regarding Club Ref's at Kurri. I understand that being a ref is hard and it is hard to be critical of a volunteer but I must say the game's this season I've played vs Kurri at Kurri have been beyond dangerous. The Kurri guy's knew they could fly into challenges dangerously and not suffer any repercussions for doing so, it was a miracle we got out of Kurri one night with only one player suffering a season ending injury. The frustration set's in as the Club Ref clearly knew how to issue cards and call fouls but he was extremely forthcoming in doing that against Kurri. The guy we had, he issued them for dissent to our guy's for questioning an offside call but allowed the Kurri guy's to call him some very vulgar name's. There are many more examples like that, that I could give you but we all get the picture.

I'm not surprised one bit to hear something like this has happened, it was bound to happen.
Again I'm not excusing the actions of anyone involved in the incident this weekend, I just thought I would add a little context of my experience from playing at Kurri this season.

Thakyou for that, because that’s how it actually happened with us aswell. I got given a red card for simply asking a question once everything ended on the sideline, but not by the ref, the ref’s father intervened and told him to give me a red card, and another player of ours which provoked the situation even further.

mge61
22-08-2022, 05:47 PM
Never been any different up there comes with being a rugby league town.

MurderOnZidanesFloor
22-08-2022, 08:46 PM
Both teams should be ashamed quite frankly. Fancy putting that type of pressure on a young official who’s only learning.

Hajduk
22-08-2022, 10:06 PM
Both teams should be ashamed quite frankly. Fancy putting that type of pressure on a young official who’s only learning.

Champ, when you know all the facts than comment, otherwise no need for your 10c worth.

Eggs
23-08-2022, 03:24 PM
Champ, when you know all the facts than comment, otherwise no need for your 10c worth.

You know what a forum is right?

But seriously, can we get an update on the suspensions when they get handed down. I'll bring the popcorn.

The Hacker
23-08-2022, 04:00 PM
Compare squads. Have you watched azzurri play, they have just as good players as Newcastle Croatia, which could be playing higher level aswell, so no we don’t feel bad, if it was the like’s of any of the other team’s to win the comp than yes you have a valid point, we are just happy we could have our team playing again. Goodluck to Azzurri.

I have and on paper they don’t have blokes dropping from NPL or the top ZPL clubs

Sideline
23-08-2022, 06:06 PM
Would be interesting to see both sides best 11 and what level and where they have played looks like 2 strong teams on comp results maybe they both need to be moved a few spots

VelkiKurac
23-08-2022, 08:11 PM
I have and on paper they don’t have blokes dropping from NPL or the top ZPL clubs

Maybe you need to go to Specsavers.

VelkiKurac
25-08-2022, 08:16 PM
Croatia V Bellbird this weekend is off
Bellbird forfeiting both grades.

AZZURRIZL3
25-08-2022, 11:05 PM
Azzurri v Kurri

1sts: 7-0 Azzurri
Res: 7-0 Azzurri

The Hacker
26-08-2022, 09:06 AM
Croatia V Bellbird this weekend is off
Bellbird forfeiting both grades.

3-0 wins for Croatia. Will you still have to pay win bonuses on that

Premy
26-08-2022, 09:16 AM
With all due respect to Raymond Terrace as they host Hamilton this weekend and Bellbird forfeiting it looks as though Hamilton have secured the Premiership in both grades.

Congratulations to all involved.

VelkiKurac
26-08-2022, 09:40 AM
3-0 wins for Croatia. Will you still have to pay win bonuses on that

Yeh mate just the standard $1k a game they all get. 🤪

gtg
26-08-2022, 10:24 AM
Maybe you need to go to Specsavers.

He’s 100% right and you know it. I’ve seen the azzurri zl3 first grade lineups they post and I played against those azzurri guys in ressies and thirds when we they were in zpl a couple years back. They haven’t got nearly the calibre of squad that Newcastle Croatia do.

Stop deflecting. You boys still had a good first season but it wasn’t your year this time around.

VelkiKurac
26-08-2022, 10:34 AM
He’s 100% right and you know it. I’ve seen the azzurri zl3 first grade lineups they post and I played against those azzurri guys in ressies and thirds when we they were in zpl a couple years back. They haven’t got nearly the calibre of squad that Newcastle Croatia do.

Stop deflecting. You boys still had a good first season but it wasn’t your year this time around.

Maybe you should check again. Anyway I’m more than happy with our first season back. Looking forward to the final series now.

anfield
26-08-2022, 01:15 PM

Croatia have got a very good squad, But I think people are underestimating how good Azzurri's squad is as well.

I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong but the 2 guys in the middle of the park are former NPL first graders. You can also add a NL1 first grader or 2 to that mix. It's no fluke they are coming first

terry
26-08-2022, 09:26 PM
maybe 2 teams going up next year?

AZZURRIZL3
27-08-2022, 05:53 PM
Azzurri v Raymond Terrace

1sts: Azzurri 11-0
Res: Terrace forfeit, Azzurri win.

Both wins confirm premiership for us in our 1st season.

Premy
27-08-2022, 08:56 PM
Medowie vs Cardiff
1st 2-4
2nd 2-2
I must say, Medowie are a much better side than what their position on the table would suggest, 2 great hard fought games today.

Congratulations to all involved with Hamilton, still one game for us and Newcastle to wrap up. However thanks to everyone for a thoroughly enjoyable season, although frustrating at times with the stop start aspect to it.

Extremely happy for us to get both grades in the finals
See you in September.

gtg
27-08-2022, 10:15 PM
Congratulations to Hamilton. Great to see an underdog take the title.

VelkiKurac
31-08-2022, 08:54 AM
Croatia V Cardiff Last Night
Firsts 8-2 Croatia
Res 2-1 Croatia

Lord Elland
10-09-2022, 08:56 PM
Croatia 2-1 over Kurri off to the GF, absolute cringefest carry on from Croatia towards Kurri after the game embarrassing no need for it, seeing that can't say I'm surprised they had a brawl a few weeks earlier

Mr.beautiful
10-09-2022, 09:21 PM
Croatia 2-1 over Kurri off to the GF, absolute cringefest carry on from Croatia towards Kurri after the game embarrassing no need for it, seeing that can't say I'm surprised they had a brawl a few weeks earlier

Use it as motivation for when you vs them in zl3 next year. Well played Kurri this season you guys should be proud

VelkiKurac
10-09-2022, 09:38 PM

What carry on ?

VelkiKurac
10-09-2022, 09:39 PM
Use it as motivation for when you vs them in zl3 next year. Well played Kurri this season you guys should be proud

You assuming both teams will be in ZL3.

Mr.beautiful
10-09-2022, 09:42 PM
Yes, neither team won minor premiership.

VelkiKurac
10-09-2022, 09:57 PM
Yes, neither team won minor premiership.

Let’s see what happens.

prawnhead
10-09-2022, 10:05 PM
Let’s see what happens.

Not another team gifted a passage to promotion. What’s going on there Velki?

VelkiKurac
10-09-2022, 10:09 PM
Not another team gifted a passage to promotion. What’s going on there Velki?

Just wishful thinking that’s all😂. Been a few changes around zones in all divisions this season. Maybe there won’t be a zone 3 at all next season, who knows.

prawnhead
10-09-2022, 10:40 PM
Just wishful thinking that’s all😂. Been a few changes around zones in all divisions this season. Maybe there won’t be a zone 3 at all next season, who knows.

Good luck next week and well done on a great year back for your club.

VelkiKurac
10-09-2022, 10:46 PM
Good luck next week and well done on a great year back for your club.

Thanks mate. Just the beginning for us hopefully.

Premy
11-09-2022, 05:52 PM
Hamilton vs Cardiff

Res
4-0

1st
0-2

The Hacker
11-09-2022, 05:58 PM
Hamilton vs Cardiff

Res
4-0

1st
0-2

Azzurri have choked big time

Mr.beautiful
11-09-2022, 10:21 PM
What the? Rough week for Azzurri. Newcastle Croatia must be very happy not to be playing them again

JustMe
11-09-2022, 11:17 PM
What the? Rough week for Azzurri. Newcastle Croatia must be very happy not to be playing them again

Croats cant lose. Engrave the trophy

Source
12-09-2022, 09:29 PM
The old Croats score 100 goals in a season and still came second 👍👍

VelkiKurac
12-09-2022, 11:59 PM
The old Croats score 100 goals in a season and still came second 👍👍

Thanks for the flash news 😂

anfield
15-09-2022, 02:45 PM

They probably are, in the reality of a 1 off final there was always the possibility of some upsets across the zone leagues. We were obviously seen as one of the bigger upsets.

A couple of points, Cardiff did beat Azzurri earlier in the year so there was some confidence that we could get a result.

Azzurri had 2 golden opportunities to score in the game, maybe the pressure of a final helped us in these situations.

We had 12 players unavailable on Sunday, 7 off them were first graders. That is an enormous hurdle when playing quality teams and credit to the guys that played Sunday. This was the reason why our reserve grade struggled at the back end of the season. With 36 players on the books we shouldn't have had to call on all age players to field a squad in a finals game.

Croatia is a bigger challenge. We have never really been competitive with them. In my opinion there hasn't been a bigger challenge in the last 8 years in zone league 3, an extremely good side across the park. We will give it our best and see how we go.

Mr.beautiful
16-09-2022, 04:56 PM
Good insight and good luck!

Jardelsimage
17-09-2022, 07:30 PM
Croatia v Cardiff

5-0

anfield
17-09-2022, 11:05 PM
Well done to Croatia today, too good.

Over the season we never got close to Croatia, we were hopeful today might have been different. But that wasn't the case.

Against them you need to start well, we missed a very good chance early. Then Croatia scored 2 excellent goals and before you know it your fighting to stay in the game.

For Cardiff, we will be back bigger and better next season. Azzurri will go up and surely Croatia will join them. They are a side that clubs further up the tree will be looking over their shoulders at. Playing them is like playing a ZPL standard team.

VelkiKurac
18-09-2022, 10:14 AM
Well done to Croatia today, too good.

Over the season we never got close to Croatia, we were hopeful today might have been different. But that wasn't the case.

Against them you need to start well, we missed a very good chance early. Then Croatia scored 2 excellent goals and before you know it your fighting to stay in the game.

For Cardiff, we will be back bigger and better next season. Azzurri will go up and surely Croatia will join them. They are a side that clubs further up the tree will be looking over their shoulders at. Playing them is like playing a ZPL standard team.

Cheers mate, good bunch of blokes you guys at Cardiff, congrats on a good season.

riverboy
18-09-2022, 01:23 PM
Croatia v Cardiff

5-0

Just watched the game on Facebook, haven't seen Croatia play before. Jake McGuiness is almost unstoppable at this level, 3 goals. Without him the game would have been tighter.

Cardiff needed to take the few chances they had, one was early when it was 0-0. They did have 2 late one on ones when the game was over. Croatia pretty much get an opportunity and score, no margin for error.

Interesting to see how high Croatia climb in the zone league?

Villians
18-09-2022, 02:50 PM
Watched the game. Pitch was immaculate, but facilities were lacking for a busy grand final. Newcastle Croatia doesn't have any holes. All of their goals were topshelf finishes. Cardiff worked hard and were valiant, but you could tell there wasn't a point in the game where they controlled it.

You would think if they keep that side together they would jump a couple levels. Drubbing teams with footy scores isn't going to keep clubs in the lower end of the zone ladder

anfield
18-09-2022, 03:18 PM
Watched the game. Pitch was immaculate, but facilities were lacking for a busy grand final. Newcastle Croatia doesn't have any holes. All of their goals were topshelf finishes. Cardiff worked hard and were valiant, but you could tell there wasn't a point in the game where they controlled it.

You would think if they keep that side together they would jump a couple levels. Drubbing teams with footy scores isn't going to keep clubs in the lower end of the zone ladder

I think Kurraka Oval is a good venue for a zone league 3 grand final, excellent pitch.

BUT having both zone league 2 and 3 grand finals on at the same venue didn't work. No parking and only 2 dressing sheds were big issues. Surely zone league 2 and zone league 3 grand finals are big enough to be separate events? But overall would be happy to see another zl3 grand final out at Fletcher if there is only one field active.

Correct, Croatia controlled the game. Against them you need to be at the top of your game and take any decent chances that come your way.

Sideline
18-09-2022, 10:53 PM
I think Kurraka Oval is a good venue for a zone league 3 grand final, excellent pitch.

BUT having both zone league 2 and 3 grand finals on at the same venue didn't work. No parking and only 2 dressing sheds were big issues. Surely zone league 2 and zone league 3 grand finals are big enough to be separate events? But overall would be happy to see another zl3 grand final out at Fletcher if there is only one field active.

Correct, Croatia controlled the game. Against them you need to be at the top of your game and take any decent chances that come your way.

Was able to get out to watch this one and see why all the hype is around Croatia and they didn't dissapoint, a number of good players across the pitch I can now see why they dished up some of the scorelines they did in this competition, unfortunately for cardiff they were just outplayed on the day and had some absolute quality finishes go in against them although they did have a couple of chances at goal but were very limited at breaking them down, looked to be an excellent surface however as mentioned above only 1 grandfinal should be played I found it very annoying with the referees whistle as to what pitch it was occuring on however it did not look like it caused any grief during the match, parking was terrible but with the crowd that was there to be expected.

Quite a large turnout from the croatian supporters created a good atmosphere at a large very open facility, cardiff also had a decent showing, a credit to both teams for the sportsmanship displayed both during and after the match the words spoken from both captains was a credit to them and their respective clubs all in all I had a very enjoyable day watching the game congratulations to both teams on making the grandfinal

riverboy
02-10-2022, 12:45 PM
Hope the Newcastle Croatia boys were proud of their 'brothers' down south supporters behaviour last night.

Embarrassing, No place in the game. Maybe they should keep them down in league 3 as we don't want that crap up the divisions.

Premy
02-10-2022, 06:09 PM
Hope the Newcastle Croatia boys were proud of their 'brothers' down south supporters behaviour last night.

Embarrassing, No place in the game. Maybe they should keep them down in league 3 as we don't want that crap up the divisions.

Not sure why Newcastle should be linked to or punished because of the inexcusable actions of some people associated with Sydney United.
Nice attempt are drawing a long but this has nothing to do with Newcastle Croatia.

MurderOnZidanesFloor
02-10-2022, 06:43 PM
Riverboy gone fishing. Clown.

I did hear at No.2 that Jake McGuiness may be linking back up with his father next year. Monumental loss for Croatia if correct

Sideline
03-10-2022, 12:15 AM

What a bizzare comment, Looking at the socials they were probably there supporting Sydney United like many others were, I believe the Croatian Soccer Tournament was held in Sydney on the weekend, looked to be a great atmosphere from what I could see on the tv, just my 2c on it all but I think we need to scrap all the pre match stuff thats helping the media in generating alot of these issues, whatever happened to get the crowds in get the players on the pitch shake hands and get on with the match.

On the socials looks like mcguiness and others have already been retained for next year but we all know things can change I thought this forum would go quiet now the season has ended

VelkiKurac
03-10-2022, 10:16 PM

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Goatscheese
04-10-2022, 09:29 AM

Bit of a weird comment. Though how Croatia is Newcastle Croatia? Not many Croats in the team and I know 3 players are Serbs. Which wouldn't be allowed at United 58 or Melbourne Knights

anfield
04-10-2022, 09:46 AM

Never join the police force mate, otherwise plenty will end up in jail. I think you are off the mark.

Put them up a division or 2, too good for zone league 3.