Pages : [1] 2

djjones
12-01-2022, 11:25 AM
:popcorn:

late_to_the_game
07-02-2022, 11:28 AM
So much nothing?

Come on where is the speculation???

I know the youth teams have started having trial games, Azzurri u13 drew with Magic, which is a good result given how strong Magic's U12 JDL team was last year. Azzuri 15's had a win.

Goatscheese
07-02-2022, 01:30 PM
So much nothing?

Come on where is the speculation???

I know the youth teams have started having trial games, Azzurri u13 drew with Magic, which is a good result given how strong Magic's U12 JDL team was last year. Azzuri 15's had a win.

Sounds like a strong competition this year or hopefully anyway.

Any major player changes in 1st grade?

onlooker
08-02-2022, 02:45 PM
Sounds like a strong competition this year or hopefully anyway.

Any major player changes in 1st grade?

Warner’s Bay have picked up Davis, Andrews, Allan and Jones so add that to the decent squad they had last year, would make them favourites for me.

Game Leader
10-02-2022, 07:49 PM
Should be a stronger comp for Firsts. It does appear though that Bay have purchased themselves a title with Magic, Olympic and Azzurri fighting for the remaining spots.
Anyone know if BarTV are doing a weekly match of the round ?

late_to_the_game
16-02-2022, 11:55 PM
Agree on the top 4. Azzurri could be the surprise here. Team is looking really strong.
Then Adamstown, Maitland, FMNC and New Lambton.

It might depend on who gets covid and when....

Goatscheese
17-02-2022, 11:11 AM
It might depend on who gets covid and when....

That's going to be the biggest wildcard this year

Wild Thang
20-02-2022, 08:47 PM
Bay Lost 7-5 to Belswans 16s boys
2 goals to Konjarski (Adriana Jones married now)
1 goal to pender
1 goal to dagg
1 goal to unknown
Quite a few players missing for bay was a great hit out
GK for bay will be one to watch some class saves today

Game Leader
20-02-2022, 09:31 PM
Bays bank account must be looking pretty healthy for the line up they’ll be taking into this season.

The Berlin Wall
20-02-2022, 09:47 PM
Bay Lost 7-5 to Belswans 16s boys
2 goals to Konjarski (Adriana Jones married now)
1 goal to pender
1 goal to dagg
1 goal to unknown
Quite a few players missing for bay was a great hit out
GK for bay will be one to watch some class saves today

Is no one else gonna talk about the title favourite getting towelled up by 15 year old boys? Should I delete this? Or am i just saying what every man thinking?

JustMe
20-02-2022, 09:55 PM
Is no one else gonna talk about the title favourite getting towelled up by 15 year old boys? Should I delete this? Or am i just saying what every man thinking?

The Woke army will outrage but it is par the course.

Kickandgiggle
20-02-2022, 09:57 PM
Trials for the upcoming season are in full swing.

Adamstown beat Magic 3-1. Magic missing a few players from the last few seasons.

Charlestown reportedly beat APIA Leichhardt 6-3. Huge result for them. Very interesting season shaping up

The Berlin Wall
20-02-2022, 09:58 PM
The Woke army will outrage but it is par the course.

My daughters play and we always have that question in your mind “how will the best WPL team do against the worst NPL”.

I won’t answer that

sideline88
21-02-2022, 08:17 AM
Adamstown beat Magic 3-1. Magic missing a few players from the last few seasons.

Adamstown also had some solid results in the younger grades over the weekend against Magic

17s Adamstown defeated Magic 9-1
15s Adamstown drew Magic 3-3
13s Adamstown defeated Magic 11-2

onlooker
21-02-2022, 10:59 AM
Maitland Youth played Charly Youth

13’s 1-0 Maitland
15’s 5-0 Maitland ***
17’s 1-1

**15’s ended up a mixed bag, unfortunately Charly had a number of players out and couldn’t field a team so they dropped fit 15’s into 13’s and promoted some to 17’s. So just to get a game on we had a mixture of maitland 13’s and Charly 13’s/15’s play against maitland 15’s. I even played a half in goals until their 17’s keeper was available for second half. At the r we be of the day getting the game played was the main thing.

sapdad
21-02-2022, 12:20 PM

No need to delete.The World champion USA womens got beaten by boys MLS 15/16 academy teams.Serena Williams admits she wouldnt beat any male inside the top 100.Its just the way it is in mens and womens sports.Why not just let the women play their games and the men play theirs.

sideline88
21-02-2022, 01:56 PM
No need to delete.The World champion USA womens got beaten by boys MLS 15/16 academy teams.Serena Williams admits she wouldnt beat any male inside the top 100.Its just the way it is in mens and womens sports.Why not just let the women play their games and the men play theirs.

100% facts! plenty of NPLW/JDL teams organizing trials against the NPL/NL1 outfits in the younger ages, because they know that the men/boys are much harder and tougher opponents and offer a great challenge

Wild Thang
21-02-2022, 06:10 PM

With a full squad Warners Bay would have beat those boys yesterday just putting that out there
Those Lads look like they might struggle in their own comp

What I want to see for this season is BarTV cover all of the WPL games this season it’s an awesome thing to have in the NPL you can watch all games why not do it for the WPL also ?

onlooker
27-02-2022, 06:06 PM
Maitland Vs Adamstown full day of trials

13’s 3-3
15’s 5-4
17’s 0-6
Res 4-2
1st 3-2

Goatscheese
28-02-2022, 05:19 PM
Maitland Vs Adamstown full day of trials

13’s 3-3
15’s 5-4
17’s 0-6
Res 4-2
1st 3-2

Rough day for Atown, would've expected them to be performing by now

onlooker
28-02-2022, 10:33 PM
What I want to see for this season is BarTV cover all of the WPL games this season it’s an awesome thing to have in the NPL you can watch all games why not do it for the WPL also ?

All 1st grade games will now be covered by barTV with match of the round on NPL tv along with finals!!

Texas Ranger
01-03-2022, 12:10 AM
First grade WPL has been on BarTv for the past year or 2. Here is a direct link to the website that will play the games. They also have the past games available as well.
https://www.bartvsports.com.au/football/

Bull fighter
01-03-2022, 02:53 PM
First grade WPL has been on BarTv for the past year or 2. Here is a direct link to the website that will play the games. They also have the past games available as well.
https://www.bartvsports.com.au/football/
Not every game has been on BAR TV just selected fixtures, great for the girls to have all games on.

Wild Thang
08-03-2022, 09:53 PM
Olympic 1-3 Warners Bay
Kingston Hogg looks really good for Olympic missing jemma house once she is back the goals should come
Adriana Konjarski scored the three goals for Bay Tara Pender looked good as did the goalkeeper some great saves

late_to_the_game
09-03-2022, 06:59 AM
Tara Pender deserves a lot more recognition than she gets.

Bull fighter
09-03-2022, 12:46 PM
Tara Pender deserves a lot more recognition than she gets.

Deserves another chance with the Jets

Bull fighter
09-03-2022, 12:46 PM
Olympic 1-3 Warners Bay
Kingston Hogg looks really good for Olympic missing jemma house once she is back the goals should come
Adriana Konjarski scored the three goals for Bay Tara Pender looked good as did the goalkeeper some great saves

Is it a new Keeper at the Bay this season?

onlooker
09-03-2022, 01:17 PM
Deserves another chance with the Jets
I agree.
If we once again have little money to spend for the Jets women next year is like to see them pick the best girls from the local comp to go into the Jets. They have only won 4 games over the last two years at least giving the best local girls a shot would engage more of the local fans. Imagine Puxty from Adamstown or Bronte Peel from Maitland in the team, would definitely make for a better local comp when they come back into it the following year and puts more locals on the big stage.

Wild Thang
09-03-2022, 02:49 PM
I agree.
If we once again have little money to spend for the Jets women next year is like to see them pick the best girls from the local comp to go into the Jets. They have only won 4 games over the last two years at least giving the best local girls a shot would engage more of the local fans. Imagine Puxty from Adamstown or Bronte Peel from Maitland in the team, would definitely make for a better local comp when they come back into it the following year and puts more locals on the big stage.

100% agree with this those players we bring down from Sydney eg - Harding, king, jaber, coelho and a few others aren’t that special the local girls we have here would do same job if not better we have to invest in the local comp here I think those few w-league girls playing in the local comp this year will help the comp it’s going to be a good year this year all teams have gotten better and better it seems won’t be a 2-3 horse race like everyone is thinking with the exception of New Lambton they will be there for teams to improve goal averages

Wild Thang
15-03-2022, 12:01 PM
Broadmeadow Magic 2-1 Adamstown Rosebuds
Hamilton Olympic 1-4 Charlestown Azzuri
Warners Bay 11-0 New Lambton
Mid North Coast 0-4 Maitland Magpies

late_to_the_game
15-03-2022, 05:44 PM
So it will be about a month before the w-league players can play? That used to be the rule....

Goatscheese
18-03-2022, 12:49 PM
WNPL 1st Grade Ladder Prediction

Warners Bay
Broadmeadow
Adamstown
Hamilton
Maitland
Charlestown
Mid North Coast
New Lambton

SAPDADDY
19-03-2022, 01:09 AM
So it will be about a month before the w-league players can play? That used to be the rule....

Never a rule.. just players wanting a break and not overloading

SAPDADDY
19-03-2022, 01:09 AM
WNPL 1st Grade Ladder Prediction

Warners Bay
Broadmeadow
Adamstown
Hamilton
Maitland
Charlestown
Mid North Coast
New Lambton

I think maitland will run 2nd to Warner’s bay...

What’s happened to Olympic?

Goatscheese
19-03-2022, 08:21 AM
I think maitland will run 2nd to Warner’s bay...

What’s happened to Olympic?

They go into receivership and get booted from the comp

In all honesty I though I had included them

onlooker
19-03-2022, 05:42 PM

You did, you have Hamilton (Newcastle) in 4th.

Game Leader
19-03-2022, 09:27 PM
Magic looked sharp up front Friday night. I thought the Adamstown bench was the most entertaining part of the night though.
Ryan never fails to disappoint.

It’s been great having all games on BarTv too. Good exposure for the game.

late_to_the_game
19-03-2022, 10:17 PM
Magic looked sharp up front Friday night. I thought the Adamstown bench was the most entertaining part of the night though.
Ryan never fails to disappoint.

It’s been great having all games on BarTv too. Good exposure for the game.
Ryan got a yellow for his efforts....

late_to_the_game
19-03-2022, 10:20 PM
Good day for Azzurri, res 8-2 win, 1st 4-1. The 1 for Olympic was really a Gk mistake.

SAPDADDY
19-03-2022, 10:28 PM

If anyone goes into receivership we all know it will be WBAY

Game Leader
19-03-2022, 10:53 PM
Ryan got a yellow for his efforts....

He picks up more cards than his Centre backs 😂

northern_swan
20-03-2022, 11:14 PM
If anyone goes into receivership we all know it will be WBAY

Not while their miniroos players are paying a $70+ per head WNPL tax

Bull fighter
21-03-2022, 11:08 AM
Broadmeadow Magic 2-1 Adamstown Rosebuds
Hamilton Olympic 1-4 Charlestown Azzuri
Warners Bay 11-0 New Lambton
Mid North Coast 0-4 Maitland Magpies

Close, great to see New Lambton go better then your expectations by putting a couple in the back of the net.

KITZ
21-03-2022, 12:36 PM
Not to mention the JDL girls paying the most than any other club

out of interest, do you know what they are paying?

Charman
21-03-2022, 03:03 PM
He picks up more cards than his Centre backs ��

he does have plenty to say.

SAPDADDY
21-03-2022, 06:32 PM

Northern sitting on their hands with clubs not being honest about what’s included in rego costs?

BlackPanther
21-03-2022, 08:32 PM

If other club's are charging less than $585 + clothing then yes, WBay are charging more than others for JDL.

Wild Thang
25-03-2022, 08:24 PM
Charlestown 2-2 Broadmeadow
Adamstown 5-1 New Lambton
Maitland 3-1 Olympic
Warners Bay 6-0 Middies

KITZ
26-03-2022, 03:27 PM
If other club's are charging less than $585 + clothing then yes, WBay are charging more than others for JDL.

from the 2 clubs we have been at its been on par with the boys. If they are paying more than that it should be looked at by northern.

Im not sure any club for girls is charging $500 though. lol. I've paid sub $1000 for one season as per the deal when the girls changed hands to join an NPL side, but that was clear that it was a one off and would be shocked to pay less than $1k for the year.

Bull fighter
28-03-2022, 01:47 PM
Charlestown 2-2 Broadmeadow
Adamstown 5-1 New Lambton
Maitland 3-1 Olympic
Warners Bay 6-0 Middies

Gee another very good week of predictions, Magic winning was your only blemish.
Looks very much like last year, top 4 will be decided between 6 teams.

Wild Thang
28-03-2022, 01:51 PM
Gee another very good week of predictions, Magic winning was your only blemish.
Looks very much like last year, top 4 will be decided between 6 teams.

That’s correct don’t see NL or Middies doing much this season also Bold but Olympic won’t make finals this season apparently the girls were having verbals in change rooms after there loss against Maitland on the weekend trouble in paradise this early on in the season.
Will be good to see when the w-league girls enter the competition in a few weeks time

Game Leader
28-03-2022, 08:13 PM
Olympic will be banking on House to score more than they leak in defence. That’s their best chance of finals.
How long till we see the Aleague women back in the comp ?
Seems that it will be a two horse comp Bay and Magic with Maitland and Charlestown a bit behind.

SAPDADDY
28-03-2022, 08:30 PM
Olympic will be banking on House to score more than they leak in defence. That’s their best chance of finals.
Seems that it will be a two horse comp Bay and Magic with Maitland and Charlestown a bit behind.

Perhaps missing the previous coach?? Old mate doesn’t look to be going too well with them..

late_to_the_game
29-03-2022, 03:03 PM

Charlestown have their two 1st grade goal keepers out at the moment, and it is making a difference.
Magic keeper Al Logue is the best keeper in the comp by quite a bit
Charlestown at full strength will be on par with Magic (not sure when that will happen however).
Not sure anyone will get close to the full strength Warners Bay side.

Beppe
29-03-2022, 05:02 PM
Perhaps missing the previous coach?? Old mate doesn’t look to be going too well with them..

what would the old coach have done that this coach isnt doing?

SAPDADDY
29-03-2022, 06:30 PM
what would the old coach have done that this coach isnt doing?

Clearly lots looking at results 😂

onlooker
29-03-2022, 07:00 PM
Hannah Brewer Joins Coelho at Mid Coast

Beppe
29-03-2022, 07:33 PM
Clearly lots looking at results 😂

have you watched all their games, seems a bit odd to be taking a shot after a couple of games.

SAPDADDY
29-03-2022, 10:35 PM
have you watched all their games, seems a bit odd to be taking a shot after a couple of games.

Hit a nerve?

Beppe
29-03-2022, 11:14 PM
Hit a nerve?

Not really, you made a statement, I asked a question, that’s it ✌️

Bull fighter
30-03-2022, 02:28 PM

Watched the game on the weekend, I know they are missing some players but gee it was a belting. House is good but not sure that is going to be enough to lift them to anywhere near the level of the last 2 seasons.

Wild Thang
30-03-2022, 06:08 PM
Watched the game on the weekend, I know they are missing some players but gee it was a belting. House is good but not sure that is going to be enough to lift them to anywhere near the level of the last 2 seasons.

Correct they look way off it was at the game on the weekend looked like they gave up
House is good but their best player Gawlthrop sorry if spelled wrong she is missing massively for them

Bull fighter
01-04-2022, 12:20 PM
Any games going ahead this weekend?

Goatscheese
01-04-2022, 03:06 PM

Charlestown will be

Allen Davies drains better than your bathtub

onlooker
01-04-2022, 03:45 PM

All games at Magic tonight and tomorrow are off

Kickandgiggle
03-04-2022, 09:53 PM
Pity more football couldn’t of been played this weekend but good result for Charlestown in the one game that was played.

Is there any news on the Charlestown defender who was taken to hospital?

I’m not sure what was more confusing, that Adamstown got the free kick after the 40 minute delay, or the celebration when the free kick went in from the Adamstown bench after what had just happened…

Could of been double digits if Charlestown were ruthless. Hopefully we get some more games on this week!

KITZ
04-04-2022, 07:57 AM
Pity more football couldn’t of been played this weekend but good result for Charlestown in the one game that was played.

I’m not sure what was more confusing, that Adamstown got the free kick after the 40 minute delay, or the celebration when the free kick went in from the Adamstown bench after what had just happened…

Could of been double digits if Charlestown were ruthless. Hopefully we get some more games on this week!

The behaviours across that club from JDL through to first grade need looking at, not an isolated incident, there was 3 red cards in the 17s game, and at least one of the JDL games was pointless, no positional play, try and play out from the back and the whole team just lines up in a row and runs in and presses including the goalkeeper at one point, it was 60 minutes of pointless running around, no passing, looked like they were just trying to win the weekly gift card by going sometimes 3 - 4 on one play to get the ball and score. Might need to realise they won't all be strikers once they get out of JDL.

Really disappointing to see, I don't think the girls from either team learnt anything and it wasn't enjoyable to watch.

Goatscheese
04-04-2022, 10:16 AM

Not really surprised from that behaviour from Adamstown JFC to be honest

Bull fighter
04-04-2022, 02:39 PM
Not really surprised from that behaviour from Adamstown JFC to be honest

All comes from the coach, the example he sets for his players is appalling.

Reds Forever
04-04-2022, 02:42 PM
Totally agree about the attitude of this club. Witnessed them sing their team song in middle of ground last year after winning a trial game 16-1 in u13.

Game Leader
04-04-2022, 05:59 PM
Intimidating players to perform which then transfers to game day and players see it perfectly fine to try and intimidate the opposition, Which is fine at Snr level football, but GT phase ??!?
The worst part of it all are the parents at the club that see it as acceptable.

late_to_the_game
05-04-2022, 08:02 AM
Intimidating players to perform which then transfers to game day and players see it perfectly fine to try and intimidate the opposition, Which is fine at Snr level football, but GT phase ??!?
The worst part of it all are the parents at the club that see it as acceptable.

Have to chime in on this - even to the point last year where an Adamstown youth player was refereeing a JDL game, and it was literally anything goes.
It is absolutely a culture thing - win no matter what. Instead of win because you play the best football.

Goatscheese
05-04-2022, 11:31 AM
Totally agree about the attitude of this club. Witnessed them sing their team song in middle of ground last year after winning a trial game 16-1 in u13.

Singing the team some after a trial game no matter the score is at best embarrassing for the club, coach and players.

I've seen their JDL teams signing the team songs after trial matches which is even worse.

The Berlin Wall
05-04-2022, 12:31 PM
All comes from the coach, the example he sets for his players is appalling.

Tell me who's producing more rep players from this region that the Buds? People on here don't like the coach but you have to respect the players he's pumping out. His teams have big city attitude that this little regional town can't take.

I know which club my daughter will be playing for when the time comes.

SAP SUPER COACH
05-04-2022, 12:57 PM
Wow KITZ you certainly have a lot of time to follow around Adamstown all weekend!
Lets use some of your obvious spare time to ask

Were all the the red cards for the one team?
is none of your dribble above caused by the opposing teams?
why don't you use some of your spare time and apparent knowledge or lack there of to help out instead of criticising others
:trolls:

sideline88
05-04-2022, 01:57 PM
Tell me who's producing more rep players from this region that the Buds? People on here don't like the coach but you have to respect the players he's pumping out. His teams have big city attitude that this little regional town can't take.

100% agree regardless of what people think of the TD, (and lets be honest it only goes one of 2 ways) The development that happens at the club is second to none based on the players they are producing.

ElJefe
05-04-2022, 02:45 PM
Sorry, I might be wrong here but wasn't almost the entire senior squad with the emerging Jets originally? Not one player has gone to W League and the players they have picked up have once again come from the Jets (i.e Morley) Is that considered producing?

So far this season they've lost 3 out of 5 to Magic and won 2 against Azzuri (in WPL) The other game was against NL which aren't the strongest competition.

So I guess the question is, if they're producing all these players wouldn't they be winning more. ��

KITZ
05-04-2022, 05:52 PM
Wow KITZ you certainly have a lot of time to follow around Adamstown all weekend!
Lets use some of your obvious spare time to ask

Were all the the red cards for the one team?
is none of your dribble above caused by the opposing teams?
why don't you use some of your spare time and apparent knowledge or lack there of to help out instead of criticising others
:trolls:

You are an idiot.

The two red cards were for Adamstown the other was a Charlestown player because there was a punch up. No, none of it was caused by the opposing teams. You can literally ask at any other club in the region, Ive had TD's and other coaches promoting playing at any other club in the region bar Adamstown. Why on earth would you want that reputation in the football community?

Im well within my rights as a paying member of the football community to criticise a club where the coaching staff are paid and supposed to be meeting a standard. I've also spent lots of time managing teams and being on committees so have spent a lot of my "spare time" helping. Likely a lot more than you have.

I also don't have to be at all the games. My kid plays JDL, and I know people at Charlestown who were there on the weekend. I literally didn't follow anyone around other than my normal weekend activities. I mean if you had been around football long you'd realise that lots of people know each other.

If the people at that club can't cop to the criticism maybe they should actually try coaching in a manner that promotes development.

KITZ
05-04-2022, 05:57 PM

JDL for the girls hasn't been around long enough for them to have produced anything much, first batch of 13's would only be this year I think, older girls have come either through community, the old SAP system or the Jets, none of which other than community the club had anything to do with.

SAP SUPER COACH
05-04-2022, 06:03 PM
KITZ - The fact that you feel you have a right to critisise others on a public forum based on second hand information and call people names proves who the idiot is.
Enough said!
Thanks for your contribution over the years being an administrator - continue to leave the coaching to others you clearly have no idea apart from what your told by others:brrr:

KITZ
05-04-2022, 08:23 PM
KITZ - The fact that you feel you have a right to critisise others on a public forum based on second hand information and call people names proves who the idiot is.
Enough said!
Thanks for your contribution over the years being an administrator - continue to leave the coaching to others you clearly have no idea apart from what your told by others:brrr:

lol. I’ve seen enough first hand to know it’s not an isolated incident, including experience of JDL girls from said club throwing out elbows and fists during games. You’ve obviously missed the rest of the commentary here and trying to ignore the common thread.

KITZ
05-04-2022, 08:46 PM
Enough said!

Had you left it alone amongst the sea of other people calling them out as well, likely everyone would have just moved on. But since you seem to think I hadn’t seen it myself I provided you an example. I’m sure during the season there will be some more collected for you. Have a great night!

The Berlin Wall
05-04-2022, 11:19 PM
100% agree regardless of what people think of the TD, (and lets be honest it only goes one of 2 ways) The development that happens at the club is second to none based on the players they are producing.

100%. FACT. People on here talk about getting EJ players but why they going there? Why they not going to other clubs? One reason: Buds do it best in the region. I smell a lot of bullshit and sour grapes about players being rough and winners singing songs. Get real. You are moaning cos your kid ain’t winning. Buds are recruiting and producing the best females in the city and 1st grade results don’t mean shit. Believe the hype and stop bitching about how they bring it.

SAP SUPER COACH
06-04-2022, 10:14 AM
KITZ - sorry for not replying to your multiple poor attempts at justifying your stupidity till morning - I however prefer to only waste company time to reply to such nonsense.
So now you are implying that 10 year old girls intentionally or are instructed to go out to throw fists and elbows during these fixtures - WoW!
The sportsmanship in this competition is something that all the players should be proud of. Its the admin guys like yourself and the other sooks you clearly get together and whinge and cry with who are the problem.
I am sorry that this club or individual has rejected you in the past but you should really let it go and move on and focus on something positive.

Kickandgiggle
06-04-2022, 10:34 AM
100%. FACT. People on here talk about getting EJ players but why they going there? Why they not going to other clubs? One reason: Buds do it best in the region. I smell a lot of bullshit and sour grapes about players being rough and winners singing songs. Get real. You are moaning cos your kid ainÂ’t winning. Buds are recruiting and producing the best females in the city and 1st grade results donÂ’t mean shit. Believe the hype and stop bitching about how they bring it.

1st grade results donÂ’t mean shit? WhatÂ’s the whole point of this league then? For parents to all believe that there little one is going to be the next jets super star? ItÂ’s not up to clubs to be feeders for the jets, if the jets were run well enough theyÂ’d have no problem with finding talent. WhatÂ’s wrong with wanting to develop players to create a strong senior club? ItÂ’s the aim of every other sport in Newcastle, what makes football so differentÂ…

Goatscheese
06-04-2022, 10:46 AM
1st grade results don’t mean shit.

Heard it all folks, though apparently U11s results do mean something

THEBIGCHEESE
06-04-2022, 11:17 AM
Kitz was it always the opposition fault, why not push some accountability back on your own club and coaches.

They press to high and we cant play out - why cant your team bypass that by playing over the top or coach them to play around the opposition press?

They throw elbows and fists during the game - why cant your club match the physicality of them? Why not ask your coach to speak to the officials while this is happening? Why not get the video footage and send it to Northern/refs?

But it is easier to sit on your pedestal, exonerate yourself and club from all criticism and play the victim. You do know the FFA curriculum is guide only and not final word on playing football (thank god).

The simple fact is Adamstown conduct themselves and play in a certain manner to which the feel is the correct way. Now you can either join the club or don't join that club based on the information and reputation of that club. If you do join don't whinge about how the club is run because you know what you are getting and you don't join that club enjoy the experience at the club you chose.

For someone that has been involved with football for so long and numerous positions I thought it would be that simple.

KITZ
06-04-2022, 03:26 PM
Kitz was it always the opposition fault, why not push some accountability back on your own club and coaches.

They press to high and we cant play out - why cant your team bypass that by playing over the top or coach them to play around the opposition press?

They throw elbows and fists during the game - why cant your club match the physicality of them? Why not ask your coach to speak to the officials while this is happening? Why not get the video footage and send it to Northern/refs?

None of that is the purpose of JDL....

KITZ
06-04-2022, 03:30 PM
KITZ - sorry for not replying to your multiple poor attempts at justifying your stupidity till morning - I however prefer to only waste company time to reply to such nonsense.
So now you are implying that 10 year old girls intentionally or are instructed to go out to throw fists and elbows during these fixtures - WoW!
The sportsmanship in this competition is something that all the players should be proud of. Its the admin guys like yourself and the other sooks you clearly get together and whinge and cry with who are the problem.
I am sorry that this club or individual has rejected you in the past but you should really let it go and move on and focus on something positive.

I have seen girls do it intentionally, and if the club doesn't address it then it is on them 100%, JDL is the age group to get those behaviours correct. Theres no sportsmanship there at all you are delusional if you think thats what sportsmanship is.

Not rejected at all, frankly happy to have never been there, 100% positive with where my daughter plays, has the best coach across all of the clubs including seniors and wouldn't change the girls she's with for the world, no cliques and no carry on behaviour. You keep enjoying whatever fantasy you have made up, I don't really care.

THEBIGCHEESE
06-04-2022, 03:53 PM
Kitz,

You come on this forum and talk down to everyone when you have such a little grasp on anything.

Firstly. The purpose of JDL is a provide a pathway, that's all. To give players a level playing field so the players play against similar aged players of a similar skill level. It doesn't address any on field football related business. So when you reply to my comment "none of that is JDL" I never claimed it to be and you are completely off topic.

What you are referring to is S.A.P which is still the FFA preferred method of learning between the ages of 9-12, which is learning the 4 core skills during the best learning age for players. The golden age of learning as they call it in the curriculum, in which I think they refer to in their vision being a proactive team with and without the ball (defending), winning the ball as high up the pitch as possible (opposition 18 yard box) to create goal scoring opportunities to score goals.

So once again if you don't like that club stay at Magic (guessing, if your not then sorry) and enjoy your football under the best coach (who can't breakdown a high press). But stop putting down other parents for letting their kids go there, accusing the players of thuggery and the coaches/TD of inciting violence and enjoy the lovely environment that your child plays in.

SAP SUPER COACH
06-04-2022, 03:53 PM
Bye for now KITZ.
You seemed to care a fair bit, but now its clear to everyone you have no idea what you're talking about you now all of a sudden "really don't care" your words
Stay off the keyboard for a while it might do you the world of good.

KITZ
06-04-2022, 04:27 PM
Kitz,

You come on this forum and talk down to everyone when you have such a little grasp on anything.

Firstly. The purpose of JDL is a provide a pathway, that's all. To give players a level playing field so the players play against similar aged players of a similar skill level. It doesn't address any on field football related business. So when you reply to my comment "none of that is JDL" I never claimed it to be and you are completely off topic.

What you are referring to is S.A.P which is still the FFA preferred method of learning between the ages of 9-12, which is learning the 4 core skills during the best learning age for players. The golden age of learning as they call it in the curriculum, in which I think they refer to in their vision being a proactive team with and without the ball (defending), winning the ball as high up the pitch as possible (opposition 18 yard box) to create goal scoring opportunities to score goals.

So once again if you don't like that club stay at Magic (guessing, if your not then sorry) and enjoy your football under the best coach (who can't breakdown a high press). But stop putting down other parents for letting their kids go there, accusing the players of thuggery and the coaches/TD of inciting violence and enjoy the lovely environment that your child plays in.

SAP is JDL. **** me. lol. you guys are hilarious. why does northern assess the coaching? Why are they providing referees to enforce the first touch rules? because they still are looking for the skills to be addressed as per the FA pathway.

Here - because you are struggling so much I took this directly off the NNSW webpage - just for you.

" The (Premier Club SAP) JDL was introduced following a comprehensive review of the local Talented Player Pathway in 2017, which included consultation with clubs competing in the Premier Competitions and local Member Zones. "

"To provide potentially talented players with the best possible learning environment through a specific Skill Acquisition Program delivered by clubs competing in NNSWF’s Premier Competitions.
JDL is non-competitive and focuses on individual skill development.
JDL is for players within the Skill Acquisition Phase.
The focus of the Skill Acquisition Phase of football development is to develop each individual player’s four (4) core skills:
• 1v1;
• Running with the ball;
• First touch; and
• Striking the ball
Whilst games are an important element of player development, it is important that progress is not measured by results or team performance but rather the progress of each individual player.". *** edit to bold literally the most important part of the program.

https://northernnswfootball.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Frequently-Asked-Questions-21042021_WEB-FORMAT.pdf

If you are going to attempt to call me out for not knowing what I'm talking about at least get your facts straight first. I really hope you aren't a coach or in a football related role at that club. If you are a parent, then educate yourself.

Wild Thang
06-04-2022, 08:30 PM
Shut up Ryan is a wanker the Magic coach is a wanker the rest of them are pretty good
Who cares piss off with this nonsense

Tips for weekend
Warners bay 3-1 Magic
Olympic 4-1 New Lambton
Azzuri 2-3 Maitland
Middies 2-2 Adamstown

Jim
06-04-2022, 11:21 PM
Shut up Ryan is a wanker the Magic coach is a wanker the rest of them are pretty good

Thank god you're here. Moving on, welcome to another wash out?

late_to_the_game
07-04-2022, 06:14 AM

Tips for weekend
Warners bay 3-1 Magic
Olympic 4-1 New Lambton
Azzuri 2-3 Maitland
Middies 2-2 Adamstown

Reverse the Azzurri / Maitland result and would expect Atown to beat Middies. We will see!
I think the W-league players can play this weekend?

KITZ
07-04-2022, 02:19 PM
Thank god you're here. Moving on, welcome to another wash out?

:rof: :rof: :rof: :rof: :rof: :rof:

onlooker
10-04-2022, 06:51 PM
So Maitland beats Charly 3-2 ( well tipped Wild Thang)
But did anyone watch it? One Charly player in the early part of the first half had a good handful of shirt and actually looked more like a rugby league tackle, the ref and linesman both agreed it was a red card but couldn’t work out who to give it to. So after the ref walked around for a good minute or two trying to get a player to own up he then decides to run over to the Charly bench and send the coach off because he couldn’t pick a player. Has anyone seen this before should it not be possibly the captain ( who incidentally enough on replay was the offender) because how do Maitland not get a player advantage from that situation??

10-04-2022, 06:55 PM
Olympic 16-1 winners …..wow

Wild Thang
10-04-2022, 07:15 PM
Good weekend of football so far with Adamstown and Middies playing currently

Ref was a joke for the Maitland charlie game
Bay and magic played a great game last night was good to watch it on Bartv
Maitland charlie was a good game and wow New Lambton need to hand the license over to a club that will actually treat the womens program better and not just as a cash grab from the rego and that not a good sight poor girls will start quitting after a couple more of those results

late_to_the_game
10-04-2022, 10:49 PM

I spotted min of 4 normal res team players on for NL, 2 who played about a 1/2 in reserves.
NL victims of Covid absences or just absences in general? I know they have GK injuries as well...

late_to_the_game
10-04-2022, 10:49 PM
Adamstown 9-0 over middies - more that I thought it would be..

Goatscheese
11-04-2022, 10:01 AM
So Maitland beats Charly 3-2 ( well tipped Wild Thang)
But did anyone watch it? One Charly player in the early part of the first half had a good handful of shirt and actually looked more like a rugby league tackle, the ref and linesman both agreed it was a red card but couldn’t work out who to give it to. So after the ref walked around for a good minute or two trying to get a player to own up he then decides to run over to the Charly bench and send the coach off because he couldn’t pick a player. Has anyone seen this before should it not be possibly the captain ( who incidentally enough on replay was the offender) because how do Maitland not get a player advantage from that situation??

Haven't seen it happen before but pretty sure it is permitted. You would think they would just give it to a player and then Charlestown can appeal showing the card is wrong.

Bull fighter
11-04-2022, 10:41 AM
I spotted min of 4 normal res team players on for NL, 2 who played about a 1/2 in reserves.
NL victims of Covid absences or just absences in general? I know they have GK injuries as well...

Can't ever remember a higher score in the WPL & can't ever remember 2 such large blow outs both in the one round.
Maybe you need to step up and help out NL, with -27 goal difference after only 3 games they unfortunately are in for a hell of a long season.

late_to_the_game
11-04-2022, 03:39 PM
While running Merewether WPL, the situation NL find themselves in now used to haunt my dreams. I was always worried that when Cass left (at some point) most of the team would too (none were being paid). I will be forever grateful to the senior players who stuck around until the transition to Azzurri.
NL have good people involved, it will turn around, but it will take time.

Wild Thang
11-04-2022, 06:00 PM
With a couple of results on the weekend is there a big enough talent pool to have this many teams in the WPL ? Unless Coehlo and Brewer make a massive difference to Middies I don’t see them or NL getting point unless it’s against each other and it’s sad to see because hopefully they don’t cop massive results like that because that’s how you lose players from the sport I wouldn’t like losing by double figures and I don’t see it getting easier for NL sadly they need help big time.

onlooker
12-04-2022, 11:46 AM
Their goalkeeping issues are a big worry. I’m hoping the GK injury you speak of is their usual 1st grade keeper and she is close to coming back because unfortunately their current one is just not up to it and the girl who played the second half against Olympic on the weekend is 15 who generally plays in the 17’s and isn’t a stand out keeper in that age group to push for a senior spot.

SAPDADDY
12-04-2022, 10:38 PM

Interesting Libby Copos Brown playing for Olympic
That flew under the radar.

What happened to NL? Seems all the success is with the boys at the club so who cares how the girls go?

onlooker
12-04-2022, 10:50 PM
Interesting Libby Copos Brown playing for Olympic
That flew under the radar.

What happened to NL? Seems all the success is with the boys at the club so who cares how the girls go?

Have heard Libby is only there for a short stint to kill time whilst she sorts out a deal abroad!!!

Lichael Richards
12-04-2022, 11:23 PM
With a couple of results on the weekend is there a big enough talent pool to have this many teams in the WPL ?

No. not even close

Wild Thang
13-04-2022, 09:43 PM
Never has been, used to be 8 and there were one or two teams across all grades getting flogged. This stopped when Valentine pulled out and the competition was a bit more stronger. If Northern wanted to get back to 8 they should've looked further afield. Could we have gotten Nelson Bay in to do a team. What about talking to a club on the Central Coast? Few girls in North Coast playing NPL, are there enough girls for a WPL team up there and drop a weaker Newcastle team where there isn't the depth of girls.

Should 100% have a central coast team the amount of quality players that come here and play every week could fill a very good side
Also why are the Jets still playing in Sydney they get flogged every second week if not every week I don’t think they won to many NPLW games last season if any

onlooker
13-04-2022, 11:32 PM
Should 100% have a central coast team the amount of quality players that come here and play every week could fill a very good side
Also why are the Jets still playing in Sydney they get flogged every second week if not every week I don’t think they won to many NPLW games last season if any
The only thing that stopped the Jets from being relegated to the second division last year was covid, they were dead last. And this year won’t be much better after majority of the senior team has left ( I believe to go to the new Central Coast team eyeing up entry to the comp next year). And add to that the Jets even tho they haven’t announced anything will not be entering a team for the U/16’s comp because the majority of the players for that team also left. There are clearly major issues that need fixing in the program and Until it is taken seriously they should return to the local competition.

BBscone
16-04-2022, 02:19 PM
The results at the moment are down to the fact that there is no depth in quality in 1st grade to justify more than 6 teams tops. Simple. The better players gravitate to the same couple of Clubs and the others are cast offs or too young and inexperienced. Rosebuds have done it well development wise but it took a few years and a junior club to give it real focus vs a couple of the other programs that get dropped into NPL Clubs as a means of political point grabbing. Let's be honest. Warners Bay are a community club but unlike Rosebuds they have opened the purse strings. Bold move but it won't last. NL did that a few years ago and none remained once they won a trophy and the cash dried up. Overall better quality will come but it takes time. NL seem to have a solid 15s? There's the base, build from there. The rest are unfortunately in for a very difficult year caused purely by a supply and demand issue. There is no supply to justify the demand. If the powers that be are serious about 10 teams, they should embrace what Rosebuds have been doing, look to limit where players of certain quality can go and spread the quality via a points system. Or sit back and watch cricket scores every week.

sapdad
16-04-2022, 02:32 PM
There is no supply to justify the demand. If the powers that be are serious about 10 teams, they should embrace what Rosebuds have been doing, look to limit where players of certain quality can go and spread the quality via a points system. Or sit back and watch cricket scores every week.

Is there any sort of cap or points system in place for the womens NPL at the moment?

Wild Thang
19-04-2022, 05:07 PM
Jets Womens Results over the weekend
1st 2-0 Loss
Res 6-2 Loss
U18 6-0 Loss
U15 8-0 Loss
U14 2-1 Loss

3 goals for 24 against
You can’t tell me the best womens players in the region are at the jets what a joke they should just play in the local comp NEWCASTLE Jets embarrassing results

onlooker
20-04-2022, 12:16 PM
Jets Womens Results over the weekend
1st 2-0 Loss
Res 6-2 Loss
U18 6-0 Loss
U15 8-0 Loss
U14 2-1 Loss

3 goals for 24 against
You can’t tell me the best womens players in the region are at the jets what a joke they should just play in the local comp NEWCASTLE Jets embarrassing results

It was tough watching that’s for sure. Have heard Pappas is not happy at all with the set up and production of the youth Systems. And is making changes some where mentioned in the youth boys chat I think it was that Mcbreen and Deans are gone/ going and sounds very much like Kew could be going too, so Pappas can bring in his own youth TD and all coaches fall o to line with him. Hopefully that has an impact on the girls side because clearly there are things going really wrong with it.

Bull fighter
20-04-2022, 12:27 PM
The results at the moment are down to the fact that there is no depth in quality in 1st grade to justify more than 6 teams tops. Simple. The better players gravitate to the same couple of Clubs and the others are cast offs or too young and inexperienced. Rosebuds have done it well development wise but it took a few years and a junior club to give it real focus vs a couple of the other programs that get dropped into NPL Clubs as a means of political point grabbing. Let's be honest. Warners Bay are a community club but unlike Rosebuds they have opened the purse strings. Bold move but it won't last. NL did that a few years ago and none remained once they won a trophy and the cash dried up. Overall better quality will come but it takes time. NL seem to have a solid 15s? There's the base, build from there. The rest are unfortunately in for a very difficult year caused purely by a supply and demand issue. There is no supply to justify the demand. If the powers that be are serious about 10 teams, they should embrace what Rosebuds have been doing, look to limit where players of certain quality can go and spread the quality via a points system. Or sit back and watch cricket scores every week.

New Lambton's demise had nothing to do with money, their unparalleled success of 2019 didn't sit particularly well with one committee member and was doomed from that point.

sideline88
20-04-2022, 12:37 PM
Hopefully that has an impact on the girls side because clearly there are things going really wrong with it.

couldn't agree more, they have some serious work to do when it comes to this side of the program. i know a few talented of Girls in the JDL and 13s NPLW program across a few clubs that consider a move to the Jets at this point in time a step backwards.

onlooker
20-04-2022, 01:34 PM
couldn't agree more, they have some serious work to do when it comes to this side of the program. i know a few talented of Girls in the JDL and 13s NPLW program across a few clubs that consider a move to the Jets at this point in time a step backwards.

I can definitely see why they think that, I have the luxury of seeing both the NPLW comp as I coach in it and my daughter plays in the Jets system. And honestly there are plenty of girls not in the jetÂ’s system who should be!! For the extra cost and travel involved to be in the jets the benefits are not that great.

sideline88
20-04-2022, 02:55 PM
Well they aren't the best. There are a couple clubs where the clubs actively discourage their players to accept any offer from the Jets and will talk down the academy. They don't even want them going to TSP when selected.

for the Girls TSP 100% the players involved are not the best of the best, they were literally the pick of who put the hand up to trial with every player selected. from the sessions of Phase 1 of the girls TSP that i was able to watch i can fully understand why Clubs are discouraging players from attending

sideline88
20-04-2022, 03:40 PM
If girls don't show up and clubs discourage it means the quality is lessened, which may then justify clubs to say not go, but the actions of some clubs self-fulfils their prophecy

yes i agree the quality of the players affects the quality of the session to a degree, but Northern/Jets still need to provide a high quality session/program that meets if not exceeds the quality of sessions being provided by clubs. until it does player numbers and quality of players will continue to decline.

Wild Thang
24-04-2022, 03:24 PM
NL 0-10 Magic
WB 6-1 Charlestown

New Lambton cop double digits again
Konjarski on fire for the Bay 11 goals in 4 games jets girls seems to have clicked now in the squad they played well last night Davis a stand out

Will be in attendance for the Maitland Adamstown game today Thinking Maitland will get a big result

onlooker
24-04-2022, 07:33 PM
NL 0-10 Magic
WB 6-1 Charlestown

New Lambton cop double digits again
Konjarski on fire for the Bay 11 goals in 4 games jets girls seems to have clicked now in the squad they played well last night Davis a stand out

Will be in attendance for the Maitland Adamstown game today Thinking Maitland will get a big result

Well there was plenty of goals in it, 7-5 I’m happy it finished In Maitland’s favour but it was stressful, the neutrals would have enjoyed it.

travellingman
25-04-2022, 09:11 AM
Well there was plenty of goals in it, 7-5 I’m happy it finished In Maitland’s favour but it was stressful, the neutrals would have enjoyed it.

No one should enjoy these results.
NNSW have failed in the development of the game in general.
Remove the tag of WPL because with the results as is it is NOT a Premier league.
NNSW need to focus on developing the game rather than treating it as a cash cow, these players deserve better from NNSW and they simply aren't getting it.

SAPDADDY
25-04-2022, 10:43 AM
Remove the tag of WPL because with the results as is it is NOT a Premier league.
NNSW need to focus on developing the game rather than treating it as a cash cow, these players deserve better from NNSW and they simply aren't getting it.

Finally, someone says it!!!

You’ve got teams with a 60K player budget vs a 10K player budget, it will never be a even playing ground.
The youth getting a game are playing for the teams losing 10-0, how is this good for development?

Goatscheese
26-04-2022, 09:43 AM

They did remove the tag WPL and gave it the tag WNPL

travellingman
26-04-2022, 09:54 AM
They did remove the tag WPL and gave it the tag WNPL

WPL WNPL doesn't matter
The main part I was getting across is that it is NOT a Premier League.

Bull fighter
26-04-2022, 11:34 AM

No one said "enjoying the results", @onlooker is right the game was very entertaining to watch. Maitland had their first grade keeper out and the reserve grade keeper did an admirable job as a replacement but a couple of goals could be attributed to her technique and Adamstown have an excellent keeper in Liv but under the coaching she plays more at centre back and a couple of goals came from her being chipped playing so high. There are definitely not enough quality players for an 8 team competition but the top 6 teams in WNPL are high quality and deserve to be playing in a Premier Competition.

SAPDADDY
26-04-2022, 09:03 PM
No one said "enjoying the results", @onlooker is right the game was very entertaining to watch. Maitland had their first grade keeper out and the reserve grade keeper did an admirable job as a replacement but a couple of goals could be attributed to her technique and Adamstown have an excellent keeper in Liv but under the coaching she plays more at centre back and a couple of goals came from her being chipped playing so high. There are definitely not enough quality players for an 8 team competition but the top 6 teams in WNPL are high quality and deserve to be playing in a Premier Competition.

Can a 6 team comp qualify as a premier comp?

Bull fighter
27-04-2022, 10:57 AM
Can a 6 team comp qualify as a premier comp?

I'm not sure. It's the same with the boys NPL only 4-6 teams could realistically take out the competition the rest are making up the numbers.

SAPDADDY
27-04-2022, 10:43 PM
I'm not sure. It's the same with the boys NPL only 4-6 teams could realistically take out the competition the rest are making up the numbers.

Interesting... speaking of bottom teams. Jets w head coach got the boot and apparently going to NL??

BBscone
28-04-2022, 12:56 AM
Interesting... speaking of bottom teams. Jets w head coach got the boot and apparently going to NL?? Unless the ex Jets coach brings a magic wand, not sure what signing her at NL does for their program?. I am also not sure the people there are that stupid to waste anymore money on it. Idiots can say what they want. Warners Bay have bought the comp in 2022, NL did the same in 2019. Magic not far off last year and this. The rest can plan their end of season trips.
They are simply not good enough. Everyone who has said that this thing is a mile away from being anything Premier is spot on. Two or three teams and the rest are lambs in a lion's den. Tough to watch at the best of times unless you sit so far left you can actually build a case to call it quality. Northern are taking the piss.

SilentBob
28-04-2022, 11:06 AM
You seem to be in the know. What happened to NL director of womens football Andy Roberts? Would’ve thought we’d see some improvements to the program with him around.

onlooker
28-04-2022, 11:52 AM
Interesting... speaking of bottom teams. Jets w head coach got the boot and apparently going to NL??

Did She get the boot as a result from the meeting on Saturday?

Does anyone know what came of that meeting?

Wild Thang
29-04-2022, 09:09 AM
WPL WNPL doesn't matter
The main part I was getting across is that it is NOT a Premier League.

It’s not a premier league because clubs don’t treat it as one because they don’t want to spend a $$ you see the teams that invest in their womens programs weather it’s players or coaches they benefit and play good football what’s stopping NL from spending a $ and getting them selves a couple jets players

Mid north are paying 400 per game to both the keeper and Brewer I don’t see them winning much when those girls come in but still.

It’s no different to the men the teams that invest you can see the benefits look at Zane at magic that team is super young playing great football then you look at Adamstown probs paying no one anything with a coach no one knows and they get pumped it’s just the times we live in have to spend a $$ to be successful but only works in some circumstances

Bull fighter
29-04-2022, 11:53 AM
It’s not a premier league because clubs don’t treat it as one because they don’t want to spend a $$ you see the teams that invest in their womens programs weather it’s players or coaches they benefit and play good football what’s stopping NL from spending a $ and getting them selves a couple jets players

Mid north are paying 400 per game to both the keeper and Brewer I don’t see them winning much when those girls come in but still.

It’s no different to the men the teams that invest you can see the benefits look at Zane at magic that team is super young playing great football then you look at Adamstown probs paying no one anything with a coach no one knows and they get pumped it’s just the times we live in have to spend a $$ to be successful but only works in some circumstances

How much are Warners Bay paying for their Jets trio.

W8 WATCHER
29-04-2022, 11:57 AM

Im sure Magic are paying , good coin to the ex edgy boys

Wild Thang
29-04-2022, 01:42 PM
How much are Warners Bay paying for their Jets trio.

I wouldn’t have a clue and it’s doesn’t matter if NL offered them same money and they went there people would say they bought the comp

I think it’s a bit of my team is losing so let’s just say everyone else is buying the comp
Maitland and Magic haven’t lost yet what are their budgets for players ?

Barry Dawson
29-04-2022, 03:57 PM
None of you have a clue as to what is happening at NL (either today or from when we entered the comp) and your comments prove this adequately.

The club has a plan in place to develop young talent - it’s a 3-5 year strategy - similar to Adamstown but without the direct feeder line into the Jets. We have Clayton Zane and Leon Davis assisting us achieving the plan and we know this year it will be tough and have put our faith in developing MacKenzie - the only female head coach left in the comp. Our girls know it will be tough and we have a plan around supporting them while we ride it out.

Money wise - the budget is higher than it was when we won the comp and the same as last year - when we dumped proper coin each game paying 4 players not to win a game. Doesn’t add up.

NL is a development club - in both gender codes. We learned our lesson after the 2019 WPL season. Never have we begrudged any club for buying players or taking a path different to our own.

If anyone is interested to hear NL’s strategy for the club, drop me line on Club Facebook page - only too happy to catchup and tell it.

SAPDADDY
01-05-2022, 01:52 PM
None of you have a clue as to what is happening at NL (either today or from when we entered the comp) and your comments prove this adequately.

The club has a plan in place to develop young talent - it’s a 3-5 year strategy - similar to Adamstown but without the direct feeder line into the Jets. We have Clayton Zane and Leon Davis assisting us achieving the plan and we know this year it will be tough and have put our faith in developing MacKenzie - the only female head coach left in the comp. Our girls know it will be tough and we have a plan around supporting them while we ride it out.

Money wise - the budget is higher than it was when we won the comp and the same as last year - when we dumped proper coin each game paying 4 players not to win a game. Doesn’t add up.

NL is a development club - in both gender codes. We learned our lesson after the 2019 WPL season. Never have we begrudged any club for buying players or taking a path different to our own.

If anyone is interested to hear NL’s strategy for the club, drop me line on Club Facebook page - only too happy to catchup and tell it.

I thought NL won same games last year once Jones left? Sounds like slowly heading in the right directionJetw coach would be a massive bonus for you in developing players.

Bull fighter
02-05-2022, 11:54 AM

Unfortunately all we ever hear is propaganda from you and it would be useless having any type of conversation. You have had a procession of sacking players and coaches over the last couple of seasons so how could anyone join your club with any confidence?

The shambles that is NL Women's Football today lies squarely on the shoulders of the Football Manager & President and is unlikely to improve for a very long time.

Barry Dawson
02-05-2022, 01:03 PM
Again, the offer is there. If you are happy to step away from the keyboard and have a discussion.
Who knows, you may have valid ideas and points the club has not considered?
It’s been a hellish ride for sure. One I hope we see the back of very soon - not easy when everyone is dropping so many volunteer hours into. If we weren’t committed, why would we continue to spend so much time on club football?

Wild Thang
04-05-2022, 03:56 PM
Magic Sign Rhali Dobson wonder how all this goes especially with her big Ego and the already big egos at Magic

jessepinkman
04-05-2022, 08:44 PM
Unfortunately all we ever hear is propaganda from you and it would be useless having any type of conversation. You have had a procession of sacking players and coaches over the last couple of seasons so how could anyone join your club with any confidence?

The shambles that is NL Women's Football today lies squarely on the shoulders of the Football Manager & President and is unlikely to improve for a very long time.

Building from the ground up is the right thing to do. Buying a title in year 1 or 2 or whatever it was did nothing but get an average coach a title on his cv and some other short term jobs going forward. Clearly that model doesn’t work for anyone.

New Lambtons womens program is currently embarrassing to look at and needs extensive work. Hopefully that work IS being done and we’re not just getting lip service.

SAPDADDY
04-05-2022, 09:24 PM
Magic Sign Rhali Dobson wonder how all this goes especially with her big Ego and the already big egos at Magic

Do you know Rhali?

What egos are at Magic? Wouldn’t egos be where jets players are?

outsider
04-05-2022, 09:28 PM
She’s not that good

good enough to play for Australia

ForeverRed
04-05-2022, 10:23 PM
good enough to play for Australiadoesn’t change my opinion

late_to_the_game
04-05-2022, 10:44 PM
Interesting. Last I heard she was playing Azzurri men's reserve grade. Apparently knows Graham Law well.

Wild Thang
04-05-2022, 10:51 PM
Do you know Rhali?

What egos are at Magic? Wouldn’t egos be where jets players are?

Yes she is a known wanker just ask the merewether girls they hated her
And the coach and her clashing will be good fun to watch
Go A-Town

Kickandgiggle
04-05-2022, 11:30 PM
Yes she is a known wanker just ask the merewether girls they hated her
And the coach and her clashing will be good fun to watch
Go A-Town

What about warners bay where a lot of the girls who are there now, previously had a massive falling out after they won the comp? It looks like they’ve got older and matured, you’d hope the same for Magic.

Do agree that any clashes involving the coach will be fun to watch from the sidelines.

Wild Thang
04-05-2022, 11:59 PM
What about warners bay where a lot of the girls who are there now, previously had a massive falling out after they won the comp? It looks like they’ve got older and matured, you’d hope the same for Magic.

Do agree that any clashes involving the coach will be fun to watch from the sidelines.

Anything to make the competition stronger and more competitive will be good hopefully out of these girls playing in the local comp we can find some gems and new local young talent coming through the grades

BBscone
05-05-2022, 12:58 AM

Do agree that any clashes involving the coach will be fun to watch from the sidelines.What do any of these players have to be arrogant about? If the WLeague is the pinnacle the Jets teams are terrible. Every week in Summer. A tough watch. If a Rhali Dobson is full of her own self importance, surely she realises that You Tube exists. Humility is the safest option. If Barry Dawson is to be believed, NL girls might have a few tough old years but long term success tastes sweeter when it's earnt. Not sure if I share his confidence.

onlooker
07-05-2022, 06:29 PM
Watching Charly V Middies and the current Middies keeper ( Parsons) has been pretty decent today, not sure why they went out and got Coehlo as that position isn’t the issue and I don’t think Coehlo would be much better if at all. They should have used that money to try and entice another onfield player to join them. Will be rough on the keeper to drop to Res grade when Coehlo final is available for a game.

Bull fighter
08-05-2022, 03:18 PM
Warners Bay need to improve a lot to live up to the hype.
Are they missing players or is the full team for the last 2 rounds that most people rate as favourites to win the competition?

Wild Thang
08-05-2022, 07:52 PM
Warners Bay need to improve a lot to live up to the hype.
Are they missing players or is the full team for the last 2 rounds that most people rate as favourites to win the competition?

Not sure if they were missing anyone but what a game Adamstown have to be the grubbiest team in the comp and the fact Ryan drives his team to hurt players is a joke also over the loud speaker for warners bay second goal old mate said (the ball didn’t cross the line but goal to warners bay the score now 2-1) that shouldn’t be happening how embarrassing for a club to do that comp is shaping up nicely but was good to see Olympic have an improved performance and also middies played a lot better
NL today still proving to be an embarrassment poor girls I feel for them

Bull fighter
09-05-2022, 10:43 AM
Any news on the injured New Lambton Keeper? Hopefully she is ok

Not4theluv
09-05-2022, 10:43 AM
Magic are favourites to win the comp and deservedly so. Similar budget to W Bay but the $$ are spread more evenly to players who all do their job well.
One of W Bay best players riding the bench is not helping them, their highest paid player/coach prefers not to play in her best position and the GK must be a concern for the player/coach.
Tara Andrews and AJ look to be hitting top for again which is good to see and will certainly help W Bay challenge for the Premiership. Tara, Rhali, Gemma House and AJ to name but a few definitely some quality strikers in the competition at present! 6 teams fighting for 4 places in the finals so a lot to look forward to.

onlooker
09-05-2022, 12:26 PM
Any news on the injured New Lambton Keeper? Hopefully she is ok

New Lambton keeper was taken away by ambulance but they had her sitting up and even had her stand up to get on the trolley to go in the back of the ambulance. Believe she had a back spasm.

Bull fighter
09-05-2022, 02:26 PM
New Lambton keeper was taken away by ambulance but they had her sitting up and even had her stand up to get on the trolley to go in the back of the ambulance. Believe she had a back spasm.

Thanks

onlooker
10-05-2022, 12:07 PM
Watched Northen TSP V Jets game last night for girls born in 07 with some 08 kids thrown in.

TSP won 1-0 that team was thrown together late and the coach was only told she would be in charge the day before and the Jets would majority be playing and training together each week. On last nights game you would have thought the opposite, a few sheepish looking Jets coaches at the end of the game.

Bull fighter
10-05-2022, 02:42 PM
Magic are favourites to win the comp and deservedly so. Similar budget to W Bay but the $$ are spread more evenly to players who all do their job well.
One of W Bay best players riding the bench is not helping them, their highest paid player/coach prefers not to play in her best position and the GK must be a concern for the player/coach.
Tara Andrews and AJ look to be hitting top for again which is good to see and will certainly help W Bay challenge for the Premiership. Tara, Rhali, Gemma House and AJ to name but a few definitely some quality strikers in the competition at present! 6 teams fighting for 4 places in the finals so a lot to look forward to.

Yes think you are spot on with Magic as favourites and your observations of WB.
I think its going to be 3 teams fighting for 4th, Charlestown, Adamstown and Olympic.
After being able to view a few games here is how I think they will finish
1. Magic
2. Warner's Bay
3. Maitland
4. Olympic
5. Charlestown
6. Adamstown
7. Middies
8. NL
With Magic taking out the double.

Adamstown to win most yellow cards, they currently sit on 12 yellows from 7 games absolutely streaking away from Magic (7) & Maitland (6) who make up the top 3.

The Magician
10-05-2022, 03:09 PM
Yes think you are spot on with Magic as favourites and your observations of WB.
I think its going to be 3 teams fighting for 4th, Charlestown, Adamstown and Olympic.
After being able to view a few games here is how I think they will finish
1. Magic
2. Warner's Bay
3. Maitland
4. Olympic
5. Charlestown
6. Adamstown
7. Middies
8. NL
With Magic taking out the double.

Adamstown to win most yellow cards, they currently sit on 12 yellows from 7 games absolutely streaking away from Magic (7) & Maitland (6) who make up the top 3.

New Major Signing coming to Magic very soon!!!

Bull fighter
10-05-2022, 03:23 PM

Sam Kerr?

ElJefe
10-05-2022, 05:50 PM
Watched Northen TSP V Jets game last night for girls born in 07 with some 08 kids thrown in.

TSP won 1-0 that team was thrown together late and the coach was only told she would be in charge the day before and the Jets would majority be playing and training together each week. On last nights game you would have thought the opposite, a few sheepish looking Jets coaches at the end of the game.

The Jets academy probably needs an overhaul. There are alot of talented girls playing locally who ideally should be within the Jets program.

10-05-2022, 09:22 PM
W/bay 5 Olympic 1

Wild Thang
10-05-2022, 11:35 PM
W/bay 5 Olympic 1

Adriana Konjarski in form 17 goals in 7 games surely jets could use someone like her in the team bay played some good football tonight from what I watched on Bar TV
Andrews Cass and Tara Pender played exceptional tonight also thought the new keeper played well

Will be interesting to watch Maitland and Magic come up against each other Olympic will be hoping Jemma House is back soon

And Magic spending more and more cash on their womens program would be good to see what Dobson would have come out of retirement for must be some big Ca$h but hey if you’ve got it why not spend it cudos to them

travellingman
11-05-2022, 03:30 PM
Adriana Konjarski in form 17 goals in 7 games surely jets could use someone like her in the team bay played some good football tonight from what I watched on Bar TV
Andrews Cass and Tara Pender played exceptional tonight also thought the new keeper played well

Will be interesting to watch Maitland and Magic come up against each other Olympic will be hoping Jemma House is back soon

And Magic spending more and more cash on their womens program would be good to see what Dobson would have come out of retirement for must be some big Ca$h but hey if you’ve got it why not spend it cudos to them

I've known Dobson for a number of years and she has never been a mercenary, just out for money.
She took last year off to support her partner who was going through chemo. Now that he has been given a positive diagnosis from his doctor, she obviously has decided to play again.

late_to_the_game
12-05-2022, 10:57 AM
I've known Dobson for a number of years and she has never been a mercenary, just out for money.
She took last year off to support her partner who was going through chemo. Now that he has been given a positive diagnosis from his doctor, she obviously has decided to play again.

Have to agree here. Rhali played her last year at Merewether without payment and was keen to try and give back to local football.

Bull fighter
15-05-2022, 11:28 AM

You may need more then one based on last nights result

Game Leader
15-05-2022, 02:21 PM
Adamstown matching it the past few weeks. Magic and Bay still clear leaders.
How long till House is back for the Ladies at Darling Street ?
Olympic starting to lose touch with the top 4, It’s only early but some decent sides above them.

Bull fighter
17-05-2022, 11:03 PM

Wrong, announcement today that she is coaching Jets again.

onlooker
18-05-2022, 01:19 PM
Wrong, announcement today that she is coaching Jets again.

She was at last nights catch up games for the U/13’s and U/14’s jets girls. Hopefully that wasn’t just for show and she will get involved to fix up a few things, not that I’m holding much hope she can or will. But time will tell!!

Wild Thang
18-05-2022, 01:45 PM
WBay 16-0 NL
It’s time for something to happen it’s clear NL committee don’t give a shit about the womens program I feel bad for the poor girls playing it was hard to watch last night

jessepinkman
18-05-2022, 03:44 PM
WBay 16-0 NL
It’s time for something to happen it’s clear NL committee don’t give a shit about the womens program I feel bad for the poor girls playing it was hard to watch last night

There’s not enough quality to sustain a premier womens competition in our region (yet)

It’s unfair on these girls, the coaches, and others in the competition who are propped up by a few individual guns in their side getting a fitness runout. We call it a “premier football” competition, then get upset when not everyone in a shallow player pool can live up to that tagline.

There needs to be:
- a grace period from us armchair supporters on results for half a decade for clubs to develop younger talent to hopefully produce more quality first graders (not Matilda’s, not w league players, just competent players for the top division of Newcastle, of which there are nowhere near enough - no team has 11 of them from what I’ve seen)

Or

- the competition is reduced in size.

Until then, we’re forcing players who aren’t up to it into a situation in which they are judged as premier footballers. It’s not fair on them.

Not sure what new Lambton can do outside of splashing cash.

Curious as to “hard to watch” last night - actually it was the first game I’ve caught of new lambtons as it was on bartv and I was encouraged by those players continuing to stick to the game plan and to try to play positive football (playing out from the back and sticking to their principles) despite the score line. To me that shows some mental strength.

6/7 excellent players at warners bay, the rest just hoofed the moment there was any pressure. It’s almost like this comp has a tier 1 of special players, then just skips to tier 3.

Feel for new Lambton but you know, kudos to those girls and that coach for keeping them on track and sticking to their principles when they’re getting flogged. How easy would it be to just abandon game plan as a player in that scenario? We’ve all been guilty of that as players.

Beppe
18-05-2022, 03:50 PM
WBay 16-0 NL

NL have certainly come along way from having the same player budget between the WNPL side and Mens HIT side to now this.

Sad thing is, alot of these girls will just walk away from the game, it isn't fun to get spanked like this.

sapdad
18-05-2022, 04:19 PM
Are there enough female players in Newcastle across different levels to field 2 x divisions similar to NPL/NL1?Do they abandon 17's girls and move girls straight into ressies/1st and the ones that arent ready play in the ressies/1sts in the 2nd division?That way there would be no need to pay players in the 2nd tier,but the right type of player (youth) are taking the spots so they either then progress to an NPL club or have promotion/relegation?Just saying this clearly having no idea how many girls are out there but understanding the need to keep growing the pie in the fairest way possible?

jessepinkman
18-05-2022, 05:27 PM
Are there enough female players in Newcastle across different levels to field 2 x divisions similar to NPL/NL1?Do they abandon 17's girls and move girls straight into ressies/1st and the ones that arent ready play in the ressies/1sts in the 2nd division?That way there would be no need to pay players in the 2nd tier,but the right type of player (youth) are taking the spots so they either then progress to an NPL club or have promotion/relegation?Just saying this clearly having no idea how many girls are out there but understanding the need to keep growing the pie in the fairest way possible?

I am not sure of the best way forward, but definitely, there is a need to understand and accept that there are many players in this competition who are not 'premier' level, and it's not their fault that NNSW wants to brand the comp that way.

I like abandoning the top age group. Maybe 14s, 16s, Ressies with an under 20s quota and firsts is the way to move forward.

Is there a points system in WPL? Last night you had a handful of women who have played in our national competition lining up against players barely old enough to drive a car.

Game Leader
18-05-2022, 05:41 PM
I think with a two tier comp, the gap would be too large and you would end up in the same situation with the promoted team coming up.
Is the gap from 17’s to reserves too big ?
Say have 19’s Reserves and Firsts on a separate day. That way clubs can hold onto older experienced players in reserves and have a blend of the better youth and a strong 19’s comp ?
The younger reserves now would be some of the earlier association SAP squads just hitting senior football or dropping out in a crowded senior league once they age out of 17’s.
Keep the 8 team comp, There’s plenty of youth coming through. It will build, It may be harsh on some teams now but with better coaching through the youth it’s only going to develop.

Bull fighter
18-05-2022, 06:01 PM
I am not sure of the best way forward, but definitely, there is a need to understand and accept that there are many players in this competition who are not 'premier' level, and it's not their fault that NNSW wants to brand the comp that way.

I like abandoning the top age group. Maybe 14s, 16s, Ressies with an under 20s quota and firsts is the way to move forward.

Is there a points system in WPL? Last night you had a handful of women who have played in our national competition lining up against players barely old enough to drive a car.

The only restrictions NNSWF place on the competition is that you can only have 3 players that are ‘current’ National league players, WB have 2 former National league players which give them a total of 5. I think there are only 3 clubs without current or former National league players, New Lambton, Adamstown and Maitland.
Probably time for Northern to review and reduce to it to 2 players for each club.
Demoralising season for the poor NL girls.

jessepinkman
18-05-2022, 06:05 PM
I think with a two tier comp, the gap would be too large and you would end up in the same situation with the promoted team coming up.
Is the gap from 17’s to reserves too big ?
Say have 19’s Reserves and Firsts on a separate day. That way clubs can hold onto older experienced players in reserves and have a blend of the better youth and a strong 19’s comp ?
The younger reserves now would be some of the earlier association SAP squads just hitting senior football or dropping out in a crowded senior league once they age out of 17’s.
Keep the 8 team comp, There’s plenty of youth coming through. It will build, It may be harsh on some teams now but with better coaching through the youth it’s only going to develop.

I agree with the last paragraph - comments like ones a few posts above by those scorned by former clubs may feel nice to type, but at the end of the day they just demoralise and hurt the players who are a byproduct of a bigger issue, and just doing their best.

It will build, but we need to give those who are copping the heat in firsts across various clubs a bit of grace, they still turn up and play and train and be positive role models for the youth who will take the pitch in firsts one day.

jessepinkman
18-05-2022, 06:09 PM
The only restrictions NNSWF place on the competition is that you can only have 3 players that are ‘current’ National league players, WB have 2 former National league players which give them a total of 5. I think there are only 3 clubs without current or former National league players, New Lambton, Adamstown and Maitland.
Probably time for Northern to review and reduce to it to 2 players for each club.
Demoralising season for the poor NL girls.

yeah, that is a bit rough - 5 is a lot - of course they are going to flog a bunch of young players. The fact they didn't in rd 1 is very worrying from a coaching perspective I guess.

From where I sit, having that many players stacked in one side hurts the competition on both ends. For the big clubs, big players can gloss over tactical or coaching issues, which hinder development when those players move o (look at NL as a result, hopefully doesn't happy to wbay)

And for the NL girls, its going to take a very special type of player to stick that out for a few years and not just quit back to park football or quit football altogether

Bull fighter
18-05-2022, 06:21 PM
yeah, that is a bit rough - 5 is a lot - of course they are going to flog a bunch of young players. The fact they didn't in rd 1 is very worrying from a coaching perspective I guess.

From where I sit, having that many players stacked in one side hurts the competition on both ends. For the big clubs, big players can gloss over tactical or coaching issues, which hinder development when those players move o (look at NL as a result, hopefully doesn't happy to wbay)

And for the NL girls, its going to take a very special type of player to stick that out for a few years and not just quit back to park football or quit football altogether

National League girls didn’t play for first 3 or 4 games, Jets coach require them to have break prior to jumping into the local comp after intensity of highest league. Shows Warners Bay would probably struggle to make top 4 without Andrews, Allen & Davis.

jessepinkman
18-05-2022, 06:23 PM
National League girls didn’t play for first 3 or 4 games, Jets coach require them to have break prior to jumping into the local comp after intensity of highest league. Shows Warners Bay would probably struggle to make top 4 without Andrews, Allen & Davis.

yeah ok that makes sense - and probably reinforces a lot of the discourse on here today. If we want to develop and solely develop, evening out the comp as much as possible is the best way to do that.

Lopsided rosters where those few individuals make such a big difference to a teams outcome doesn't really develop anyone. If anything it makes average players comfortable.

Bull fighter
18-05-2022, 07:34 PM
Blow out scores not quarantined to the women, NNSWF Northern League One reserve grade mens game finished 17 nil last weekend. All NNSWF ‘PREMIER’ competitions in both seniors and juniors seriously lacking depth, needs a reassessment by the supreme powers.

late_to_the_game
18-05-2022, 10:47 PM
"Ressies with an under 20s quota" - This is currently the case. I think there must be 7 or 8 U20's on the team sheet.

There is no doubt women's football is a work in progress, but the progress is there. Azzurri/Merewether reserve grade last season took almost everyone who wanted to play. This year there was real pressure for spots from the successful U17's team, plus a few ex Jets players. There are ex Azzurri players who would be starters in NL 1st grade, but they have gone to play ID A grade, for various reasons.

There is no magic bullet for this - sure you can throw money at it to get older players to play longer, but is that really solving the problem? Al Logue was done two years ago, but Magic have enticed her to keep playing, and she is still the best goal keeper in the competition.

The huge amount of work put in by the clubs and the coaches is making a difference, the Azzurri and WB reserves teams are the best I have ever seen in the competition, and those girls will be pushing for 1st grade places, and if they don't get them hopefully moving to other clubs. Some of the WB res team have already played a lot of 1st grade.

Everything takes time, keep the faith ;-)

Bull fighter
21-05-2022, 01:46 PM
Adamstown matching it the past few weeks. Magic and Bay still clear leaders.
How long till House is back for the Ladies at Darling Street ?
Olympic starting to lose touch with the top 4, It’s only early but some decent sides above them.

House playing reserve grade today.

SAPDADDY
22-05-2022, 06:22 PM
Has there ever been a bigger score then 16-0?

ForeverRed
22-05-2022, 07:20 PM
Has there ever been a bigger score then 16-0?
17 nil in a mens reserve grade match last weekend, bel swans v Nick Nock

Wild Thang
06-06-2022, 02:39 PM
Some solid results and good games to watch this weekend old Ryan won’t be happy with his result but I’ll tell you who’d be more upset is the magic committee that ground looks terrible a magic player rolled her ankle running to grab the ball for a throw in for all the money spent seems like a waste now with all the rain and wether but was a cracking game to watch
Azzurri and Maitland great game also
And New Lambton hiring the coach they sacked last year bad to worse for them

onlooker
06-06-2022, 05:12 PM

I did notice him back on the sideline and saw that their normal coach was amongst the bench players..
Interesting move and I will be interested to see where his priorities lie when New Lambton and Emerging Jets have match day clashes.

jessepinkman
06-06-2022, 05:42 PM
Some solid results and good games to watch this weekend old Ryan won’t be happy with his result but I’ll tell you who’d be more upset is the magic committee that ground looks terrible a magic player rolled her ankle running to grab the ball for a throw in for all the money spent seems like a waste now with all the rain and wether but was a cracking game to watch

Didnt he leave due to personal issues? Don't believe he was sacked from memory.

Reds Forever
06-06-2022, 06:02 PM

Magic Park is terrible. Used to be pinnacle of grounds in region. Now looks like a mudpit with building wrecks scattered around the place.

Wild Thang
06-06-2022, 07:10 PM
Didnt he leave due to personal issues? Don't believe he was sacked from memory.

He was told to move on because otherwise around 9 first graders were going to quit is what I heard but who knows hopefully they haven’t gotten rid of Mackenzie the current coach that wouldn’t be fair to her especially when they haven’t helped her at all

jessepinkman
06-06-2022, 08:39 PM
He was told to move on because otherwise around 9 first graders were going to quit is what I heard but who knows hopefully they haven’t gotten rid of Mackenzie the current coach that wouldn’t be fair to her especially when they haven’t helped her at all

how haven't they helped her at all?

SAPDADDY
06-06-2022, 10:25 PM
17 nil in a mens reserve grade match last weekend, bel swans v Nick Nock

17-0 this week, must have been a welcome back for the old sacked coach

Spell Check
06-06-2022, 10:27 PM
Magic Park is terrible. Used to be pinnacle of grounds in region. Now looks like a mudpit with building wrecks scattered around the place.

This is harsh. I know the club put a lot into the pitch pre season but the weather has played them a horrible hand.

I do agree on the building wrecks around the ground. What the hell is going on there? The place is starting to resemble a used motor home yard. Maybe the tip was full?

Two tone
07-06-2022, 08:31 AM
This is harsh. I know the club put a lot into the pitch pre season but the weather has played them a horrible hand.

I do agree on the building wrecks around the ground. What the hell is going on there? The place is starting to resemble a used motor home yard. Maybe the tip was full?

Charlestown, CooksHill and Broadmeadow did ground work over summer. Two successful one failed.

onlooker
09-06-2022, 10:53 AM
Maitland have added to their depth over the last week or two after racking up some injuries which have left our Res grade short on troops.
Hannah Bourke ( Sydney) Kiarra Lewis and Jemma Lawson ( Adamstown) are all welcome additions to the senior squad.

Wild Thang
09-06-2022, 04:36 PM
Maitland have added to their depth over the last week or two after racking up some injuries which have left our Res grade short on troops.
Hannah Bourke ( Sydney) Kiarra Lewis and Jemma Lawson ( Adamstown) are all welcome additions to the senior squad.

Kiarra Lewis is a good pick up for Maitland
Old Ryan seems to be losing his seniors players over the last couple of seasons

Bull fighter
09-06-2022, 09:12 PM
So good that the competition is really a lot tighter then I expected after the first couple of rounds.

Game Leader
09-06-2022, 10:10 PM
Kiarra Lewis is a good pick up for Maitland
Old Ryan seems to be losing his seniors players over the last couple of seasons

They probably aged out of his first grade.

SAPDADDY
14-06-2022, 03:17 PM
So good that the competition is really a lot tighter then I expected after the first couple of rounds.

Tighter at the top of the table.. north coast and new lambton well below... It’s clear the clubs that are supporting women’s football financially are at the top

Has there been any word on a second tier comp yet? Maybe that would give clubs a kick up the butt since they like to brag about having Women’s ‘NPL’ teams. I’d like to see cooks hill have a crack to get into the top tier, appointment of Craig Deans as TD could only be positive for the female programs there.

Game Leader
14-06-2022, 07:42 PM
I honestly don’t see how replacing one team with another will solve the gap between the top and bottom teams.
The problem is player quality and depth in the NNSW area. Leave it how it is, there’s plenty of good youth coming through. Jets players are starting to filter into clubs and if it were a more even spread the results would be more even also. NL and MNCF from what I hear are trying their best but just lack the depth that the bigger clubs have.

late_to_the_game
15-06-2022, 02:21 PM
FMNC very nearly took a point from Olympic on the weekend, and honestly deserved to.

BBscone
15-06-2022, 03:33 PM
I honestly don’t see how replacing one team with another will solve the gap between the top and bottom teams.
The problem is player quality and depth in the NNSW area. Leave it how it is, there’s plenty of good youth coming through. Jets players are starting to filter into clubs and if it were a more even spread the results would be more even also. NL and MNCF from what I hear are trying their best but just lack the depth that the bigger clubs have. Depth is non existent. Spend money, get success. NL spent and won. Don't spend don't win. WBay spend. WBay winning. There is much demand, but little supply.
Something is seriously wrong with the local game if that is the pattern.

BBscone
20-06-2022, 09:26 AM
Further to prior thoughts on depth in this Premier Competition. 1st grade....Warners Bay 10 - Azzurri 1. Nothing to see here. Carry on.

Bull fighter
20-06-2022, 10:22 AM
Further to prior thoughts on depth in this Premier Competition. 1st grade....Warners Bay 10 - Azzurri 1. Nothing to see here. Carry on.

What a terrible result for Azzurri

SAPDADDY
20-06-2022, 10:56 AM

If a player point system was implemented would we see these blow out scores?

SAPDADDY
20-06-2022, 10:57 AM
Anyone tune in to Bartv Adamstown v Maitland game?

The female commentator was atrocious, bagging Adamstown as well as individual players from both teams. I had to mute it!

onlooker
20-06-2022, 11:20 AM
Anyone tune in to Bartv Adamstown v Maitland game?

The female commentator was atrocious, bagging Adamstown as well as individual players from both teams. I had to mute it!
Thankfully I was at the ground and didn’t have to hear it, but have heard Mara commentate before and had to do the same. Talks over the top of the other commentator and goes off on tangents that don’t have much to do with the game.

SAPDADDY
20-06-2022, 01:28 PM
Thankfully I was at the ground and didn’t have to hear it, but have heard Mara commentate before and had to do the same. Talks over the top of the other commentator and goes off on tangents that don’t have much to do with the game.

Who is she to football? Never heard of her before and tbh didn’t seem to know what she was talking about

onlooker
20-06-2022, 01:43 PM
Who is she to football? Never heard of her before and tbh didn’t seem to know what she was talking about

Mara Watts is an ex Matilda, was head coach of Hunter Sports high team for a number of years, this is the first year I’ve seen her out and about around the Newcastle area, not to say she hasn’t been around I just never saw her. She recently was involved in the selection of the National Youth Championship girls teams. As always with those teams there were some head scratching decisions!!

BBscone
20-06-2022, 02:27 PM
If a player point system was implemented would we see these blow out scores?There's an idea. Northern? Silence .....

SAPDADDY
20-06-2022, 05:31 PM
Mara Watts is an ex Matilda, was head coach of Hunter Sports high team for a number of years, this is the first year I’ve seen her out and about around the Newcastle area, not to say she hasn’t been around I just never saw her. She recently was involved in the selection of the National Youth Championship girls teams. As always with those teams there were some head scratching decisions!!

Oh she was around when WPL first started, I’ve heard stories about that one!

Let’s hope she sticks to commentating

Game Leader
22-06-2022, 07:49 PM
I had both my daughters coached by her over the years. Both have enjoyed the sessions and camps.
As for the National Youth selections ???
Why is it the boys have 2 x squads going and the females donÂ’t ? There is enough depth in youth football in NNSW to fill two squads. Last year was 1 Jets, 1 NNSW (WPL). Are the squads all Jets ? I know a few names but not all.

onlooker
22-06-2022, 10:39 PM
I had both my daughters coached by her over the years. Both have enjoyed the sessions and camps.
As for the National Youth selections ???
Why is it the boys have 2 x squads going and the females donÂ’t ? There is enough depth in youth football in NNSW to fill two squads. Last year was 1 Jets, 1 NNSW (WPL). Are the squads all Jets ? I know a few names but not all.

Last year it was ment to be 1 Jets and 1 NNSW but then information came out, that was no longer the case and the jets team were no longer going to attend because the northern team had already booked there accommodation and such, but then it was canceled. The squad’s are not all jets 6 in the 14’s are not and at least 5 that I know of in the 16’s are not jets but that could be more.

As for number of teams that are being sent NNSW answered that by saying it was all they were allocated,

Wild Thang
23-06-2022, 01:50 PM
3 players have now left Adamstown in the last few weeks what’s going on out there not good signs for Ryan at all and they haven’t won a game in around 6 weeks could mummy give him the sack ?

BBscone
25-06-2022, 08:11 AM
3 players have now left Adamstown in the last few weeks what’s going on out there not good signs for Ryan at all and they haven’t won a game in around 6 weeks could mummy give him the sack ?Sources say that the Buds NPLW Coach was at NLs Club yesterday arvo in the bar. Maybe she has already sacked him? Maybe he has sacked himself? Is he NLs solution to the girls or joining boys? Strange place for a beer on a Friday.

onlooker
25-06-2022, 09:35 AM
Sources say that the Buds NPLW Coach was at NLs Club yesterday arvo in the bar. Maybe she has already sacked him? Maybe he has sacked himself? Is he NLs solution to the girls or joining boys? Strange place for a beer on a Friday.

I thought Adamstown had a new president this year has something changed there? And everything seemed normal last night at speers point for Adamstown training.

The Magician
25-06-2022, 09:44 AM
I thought Adamstown had a new president this year has something changed there? And everything seemed normal last night at speers point for Adamstown training.

Cas Davis and Craig Atkins will be coaching NL in 2023, w league girls following back to Eagles.

Wild Thang
25-06-2022, 10:17 AM
Cas Davis and Craig Atkins will be coaching NL in 2023, w league girls following back to Eagles.

Greg Lowe has already Signed a 3 yr deal to take over and build the womens program back up from the bottom.
Unless they have signed him and sacked him again in the last 2 weeks then that’s unlucky for the bloke sacked quicker this time then last

onlooker
25-06-2022, 10:32 AM
I had heard rumours that Cas was heading to NL next year but nothing on Craig.

And if Greg is now back full time with NL wonder what that will mean for him as Jets Girls Academy GK coach can’t see him being able to juggle both.

Bull fighter
25-06-2022, 11:48 AM
What a circus

BBscone
25-06-2022, 01:52 PM
I had heard rumours that Cas was heading to NL next year but nothing on Craig.

And if Greg is now back full time with NL wonder what that will mean for him as Jets Girls Academy GK coach can’t see him being able to juggle both.If Cas Wright goes back to NL, Messi is signing for Lakes. I heard they are looking a little closer to home for a solution. Top 2 Club in NPLW. Look at their 1st grade roster in boys and Coaching staff. One name stands out.
Regardless, get the right player$, it doesn't matter who the Coach i$. It just depends if they want to spend the ca$h with their boys teams seemingly on the cusp of NPL inclusion. I know that there is one official who will have no part in former NPLW players returning with their hand out. Long term plan. As for the Ryan Campbell beer at Alder Park rumour, I am told he teaches at the nearby school. Rumour averted. For now....

Bull fighter
26-06-2022, 10:18 AM
If Cas Wright goes back to NL, Messi is signing for Lakes. I heard they are looking a little closer to home for a solution. Top 2 Club in NPLW. Look at their 1st grade roster in boys and Coaching staff. One name stands out.
Regardless, get the right player$, it doesn't matter who the Coach i$. It just depends if they want to spend the ca$h with their boys teams seemingly on the cusp of NPL inclusion. I know that there is one official who will have no part in former NPLW players returning with their hand out. Long term plan. As for the Ryan Campbell beer at Alder Park rumour, I am told he teaches at the nearby school. Rumour averted. For now....

Cass Davis not Wright.
That official needs to be moved on.
So Warners Bay will be decimated if this transpires.

SAPDADDY
26-06-2022, 11:23 AM
Greg Lowe has already Signed a 3 yr deal to take over and build the womens program back up from the bottom.
Unless they have signed him and sacked him again in the last 2 weeks then that’s unlucky for the bloke sacked quicker this time then last

What happened to the girl from this year that was coaching? All over the media how they were supporting female coaches. Now they’ve signed a bloke they sacked previously for 3 years? Doesn’t add up

Game Leader
26-06-2022, 06:39 PM
Watching on BarTV and seems she’s playing CB. Think I read on here or heard Eagles lost a few firsts players so I guess she needed to fill a role. If Lowe was happy to fill a role than why not ? He sounds positive over the stream. A lot more than the Buds director and apart from the score lines they’re getting the same results. Surely the shine is wearing off for the girls in green and red. Developing players, sure. But 3rd year now ? And mid to low table at best.

Goatscheese
27-06-2022, 11:31 AM

The President would be nothing more than a puppet to the treasurer, she would never have allowed him to be elected otherwise.

RainMaker
06-07-2022, 11:55 PM
:popcorn:

Game Leader
07-07-2022, 09:56 AM
State Cup weekend.
Maitland a chance to go back to back ?
What teams will The top 5 put out there for the weekend and actually take it seriously?
The big question though is, will New Lambton finally pick up win for 2022 playing some community clubs ?

Wild Thang
07-07-2022, 11:38 AM
State Cup weekend.
Maitland a chance to go back to back ?
What teams will The top 5 put out there for the weekend and actually take it seriously?
The big question though is, will New Lambton finally pick up win for 2022 playing some community clubs ?

Most teams will play their reserve grade with a mix of 17s should be using this weekend for catch ups at speers point it’s a nothing competition do it at the start of the season as a warm up would be better
Just my opinion

Reds Forever
07-07-2022, 11:51 AM
Most teams will play their reserve grade with a mix of 17s should be using this weekend for catch ups at speers point it’s a nothing competition do it at the start of the season as a warm up would be better
Just my opinion

Completely agree. Said this on another thread.

Northern can't get a full season of their regular season games played. Yet find time and grounds to play various novelty tournaments.

RainMaker
07-07-2022, 04:43 PM
Just my opinion

my experience is over the years is nearly all NPLW clubs usually give their lesser U17's a run in the home the experience inspires them to perform better in the normal comp. They tend to put little to no value in the weekend event. I know my daughter has always looked at it as a comp best suited to the community clubs. She has never risked an injury for this side event.

late_to_the_game
07-07-2022, 09:40 PM
Everyone has their own opinion. I coached the Merewether WPL team in this several times, a mix of 1st and reserves and those that played enjoyed it. Got to GF one year after a penalty shoot out against a full strength Adamstown team. The girls were ecstatic with that win until they realised they had to play another game. It was a preseason comp that year and really hot. Lori Dep and Nicki Jones were always up to play, they just love the game... it is part of why they are legends of the local game.

late_to_the_game
07-07-2022, 09:47 PM
Also going to predict that Cooks Hill and Maitland Juniors will cause a few upsets.

onlooker
08-07-2022, 12:44 PM
Also going to predict that Cooks Hill and Maitland Juniors will cause a few upsets.

Might be hard for Maitland Jnrs to cause an upset they seem to have pulled out from the original draw being replaced by Toronto JFC.

I agree Cooks Hill may cause an upset or two and I also think Dudley will do so also very interested to see how the indigenous team goes. The 13-16 team put on a good show against Football NSW on Wednesday..

late_to_the_game
10-07-2022, 06:11 PM
I had not seen Dudley play before. The are a good team, quite a lot of good mobile players. I would expect to see their goal Keeper playing wnpl next year if she wants to.

Kickandgiggle
18-07-2022, 09:32 PM
Starting to really tighten up for the last two finals spots. Nice to see it not being a clear cut top 4 running away with it.
Will anyone be able to realistically get close to Warners bay though?
Also should coaches be mocking their own players for being ‘reserve graders’? Sure it might be funny to you since you’re winning, the girls probably don’t appreciate it though…
Fingers crossed we get some more football on!

Wild Thang
18-07-2022, 09:57 PM
Starting to really tighten up for the last two finals spots. Nice to see it not being a clear cut top 4 running away with it.
Will anyone be able to realistically get close to Warners bay though?
Also should coaches be mocking their own players for being ‘reserve graders’? Sure it might be funny to you since you’re winning, the girls probably don’t appreciate it though…
Fingers crossed we get some more football on!

Few girls at magic reserve grade this season that are extremely happy to be there instead of basket case that is new lambton they should fold no hope at all for them unless they spend massive $$$$ who realistically will want to play there ?
They lost there best like 3 players this season one just went to magic first grade the other two left back to central coast

Interesting last round of the season with bay to play Olympic and magic and Olympic and magic play each other twice 1st spot might not be locked in at all

Game Leader
18-07-2022, 11:06 PM
From the players I know at various clubs, The few I know at NLambton love it. They rave about the positive culture. Sure a positive culture doesn’t win you premierships but it will draw players there eventually.
Clubs rebuild and I’m sure they’ve learnt their lesson from years gone by.
Hopefully Bay aren’t heading down the same track ?
It’s looking like a good end to the season with a good finals series.

Kickandgiggle
18-07-2022, 11:55 PM
Few girls at magic reserve grade this season that are extremely happy to be there instead of basket case that is new lambton they should fold no hope at all for them unless they spend massive $$$$ who realistically will want to play there ?
They lost there best like 3 players this season one just went to magic first grade the other two left back to central coast

Interesting last round of the season with bay to play Olympic and magic and Olympic and magic play each other twice 1st spot might not be locked in at all

Hey as long as those same girls are happy to be mocked by their coach then that is great for them!

No different to the girls at New Lambton suffering a tough season, as long as they are still having some enjoyment good for them.

Bay will be hard to stop. They beat a top 4 side by 10 goals? $$$$

Wild Thang
19-07-2022, 09:25 AM
Hey as long as those same girls are happy to be mocked by their coach then that is great for them!

No different to the girls at New Lambton suffering a tough season, as long as they are still having some enjoyment good for them.

Bay will be hard to stop. They beat a top 4 side by 10 goals? $$$$

Mocked by their coach ? What’s that in regards to ?

NL are 100% the new Thornton and those girls happy to be getting a game are the ones that all got booted from reserve grade teams last season and it was either community or stay in WNPL with NL

Does anyone actually know what players are getting payed at any club besides the clubs everyone says this player this much that player this much but does anyone actually know for a fact ? People assume a lot I’m guessing

Kickandgiggle
19-07-2022, 08:14 PM
Mocked by their coach ? What’s that in regards to ?

NL are 100% the new Thornton and those girls happy to be getting a game are the ones that all got booted from reserve grade teams last season and it was either community or stay in WNPL with NL

Does anyone actually know what players are getting payed at any club besides the clubs everyone says this player this much that player this much but does anyone actually know for a fact ? People assume a lot I’m guessing

Thought I covered it in my original comment, but from the first grade coach when he subbed the ‘reserve graders’ on when they were winning on the weekend. Was loud enough to be heard very clearly at both the ground and across the BarTV mics. Look at the teams who won on the weekend and take a guess.

Probably time to stop the NL bashing? You’ve given them a fair whack all year. I’m sure no one is trying to sugar coat what they’re going through, does bagging them continually help?

Have been told by players themselves from multiple clubs what they get paid. Not going to divulge numbers, good on those girls who are getting the big $$$, might as well get paid to do something you love. The $$ spent and the league table go pretty hand in hand. This isn’t exclusive to Newcastle football, it’s pretty much how every league table worldwide stacks up.

Wild Thang
19-07-2022, 08:44 PM
Thought I covered it in my original comment, but from the first grade coach when he subbed the ‘reserve graders’ on when they were winning on the weekend. Was loud enough to be heard very clearly at both the ground and across the BarTV mics. Look at the teams who won on the weekend and take a guess.

Probably time to stop the NL bashing? You’ve given them a fair whack all year. I’m sure no one is trying to sugar coat what they’re going through, does bagging them continually help?

Have been told by players themselves from multiple clubs what they get paid. Not going to divulge numbers, good on those girls who are getting the big $$$, might as well get paid to do something you love. The $$ spent and the league table go pretty hand in hand. This isn’t exclusive to Newcastle football, it’s pretty much how every league table worldwide stacks up.

I’ll have to go back and watch the footage from the weekend and see what your on about

Your not wrong I don’t want to see a weak team is all I feel bad for the girls I just think the club should and probably could be doing a lot better you look at the mens side of things and they are top of the table in all age groups pretty much and seems like the women just exsist I just want a strong womens comp would it help if the jets came back and played in the local comp ? I think younger jets grades would smash it but would be good to see how the reserve and first grade would go ? Would a central coast 11 team be good for our comp just want a strong comp which ultimately means a stronger jets side which is the end goal really.

You spend money you win doesn’t matter where or who it’s just a proven fact in football and 100% if girls or the men can make extra for sure go and get it especially the women with the shit pay they get if they make w-league

RainMaker
20-07-2022, 09:56 AM
Just on NL from the outside looking in, they are a great example of how 1 person in the space of 2 seasons can destroy a club fro within. the person at the top has to take responsibility for their demise. from my experience when they first joined the competition you actually enjoyed playing them at their home ground. to me they had a great vibe. then for some reason ( I don't know why) the powers to be at the NL HQ decided to disband their WPL committee. From that point onwards there wasn't anyone at the helm and their club president only had a focus on the men. I wouldn't have liked to be there during 20 and 21 season the woman's side was headless and is now in the mess we all see now. As for the head coach I feel like he is a pretty fair sort of a chap and i think i can speak for most of us here we wish him well. they need to start their rebuild with a functional committee who can support their NPLW girls. The NL president would be best not get involved while they go about correcting his disaster. it wont be a quick fix either.

W8 WATCHER
20-07-2022, 10:13 AM
Just on NL from the outside looking in, they are a great example of how 1 person in the space of 2 seasons can destroy a club fro within. the person at the top has to take responsibility for their demise. from my experience when they first joined the competition you actually enjoyed playing them at their home ground. to me they had a great vibe. then for some reason ( I don't know why) the powers to be at the NL HQ decided to disband their WPL committee. From that point onwards there wasn't anyone at the helm and their club president only had a focus on the men. I wouldn't have liked to be there during 20 and 21 season the woman's side was headless and is now in the mess we all see now. As for the head coach I feel like he is a pretty fair sort of a chap and i think i can speak for most of us here we wish him well. they need to start their rebuild with a functional committee who can support their NPLW girls. The NL president would be best not get involved while they go about correcting his disaster. it wont be a quick fix either.

not sure on these comments, bit harsh i think.
from someone who has watched 1, 2 maybe 3 womens games, i see the quality as a general observation really poor.
besides all the jets superstars at warners bay, whom are being looked after no question.
the whole competition is ina massive development stage, it really doesn't matter if someone is winning 10-0 or losing 17-0 , it will take time to get more girls involved and get better, just like the men's competition in the past.
history has shown, buy the players win the $1000 prize money from NNSWF, and the $10 cup, players move to another team, they now win.

just remember, presidents, or committees are working for free, coaches and players get paid.

SAPDADDY
20-07-2022, 10:17 AM

What happened between you and this so called president? I’m sure there is more then just one person on a committee who ‘only focus on the men’ at NL.

W8 WATCHER
20-07-2022, 11:18 AM
What happened between you and this so called president? I’m sure there is more then just one person on a committee who ‘only focus on the men’ at NL.

got sacked as coach lol

RainMaker
20-07-2022, 12:43 PM

Do they have a committee for their WPL side? every other club has or at least the clubs my daughter played for has a wpl committee. it might be just 1 of a number of issues at NL. They add up.

SAPDADDY
20-07-2022, 01:15 PM
Do they have a committee for their WPL side? every other club has or at least the clubs my daughter played for has a wpl committee. it might be just 1 of a number of issues at NL. They add up.

Presidential issue??? What is it

RainMaker
20-07-2022, 02:00 PM
Presidential issue??? What is it

Issues like this usually start at the top. They are or it appears to be they are in a world of pain. So, what has transpired in recent seasons that has lead to this? Only the decision makes know the truth or a version of. Always 2 sides to everything but i would say they went to sleep at the wheel and hit more than a few trees in their derailment. So do you blame the players or poor management for their predicament? someone commented that comments seamed pretty harsh. The reality is not as harsh as the position NL find themselves in right now. This also has a drag down effect on the quality competition so in essence the competition itself is also eroded. I'm sure Northern would rather see a much closer competition than what we are currently seeing.

I have no clue who is in this chat room but I'm sure there are plenty interested in knowing so the same mistakes aren't repeated elsewhere.

You are all here for 1 reason, making women's football better. Hopefully.