PDA

View Full Version : 2022 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

djjones
12-01-2022, 11:26 AM
:popcorn:

Fred Devils
20-01-2022, 02:50 PM
South Maitland Football Club seeking players for AA team in 2022. Message coaching@southmaitlandfc.com.au, 0410 189 333 or the club's Facebook/Instagram for more details!

noremac
24-01-2022, 01:54 PM
Mayfield Juniors All age men - Looking for extra players - goal keeper needed - casual (lower grades) but still competitive.. Shoot a PM!

2ndclasscitizen
27-01-2022, 12:06 PM
Looking for keepers at Cooks Hill, one lower grade and one mid-grade.

Mitchy
02-02-2022, 02:43 PM
Any club looking able to take a Friday night all age team? Pretty much have a full squad that needs a club

Jardelsimage
02-02-2022, 02:58 PM
Any club looking able to take a Friday night all age team? Pretty much have a full squad that needs a club

PM me, cardiff could fit you in

JaH789
07-02-2022, 04:22 PM
Any all age teams have spots for two outfield players?

anfield
16-02-2022, 10:28 AM
Cardiff City zone league 3 is looking for a few more players to complete the squad. In particular we are after a few experienced players to compliment our younger players.
We are also looking for any All Age players who want to step up to zone league football. With 21 games of football it's much more appealing then the 14 games all age offers. Anyone interested can send me a private message or contact 0418453655

Tk123
22-02-2022, 06:15 PM
Hey Mitchy do you need any more players?

2ndclasscitizen
01-03-2022, 11:19 AM
Cooks Hill looking for O35s Friday players

Fred Devils
07-03-2022, 08:43 PM
South Maitland looking for AA players

mada
07-03-2022, 09:22 PM
Hi just wondering if you are looking for any O35s players there are 3 of us

BP Super Dynamos
08-03-2022, 09:54 AM
Kurri Kurri are also on the lookout for a few more 0/35s

Cunning stunts
21-03-2022, 11:19 AM
Anyone got the list of Friday night all age allocations?

Jardelsimage
21-03-2022, 01:33 PM
Anyone got the list of Friday night all age allocations?

yep

Charman
21-03-2022, 01:53 PM
yep

I guess you answered the question. :thumbsup:
Care to share?

Disinterested Bystander
22-03-2022, 08:19 AM
Haven’t seen the full spreadsheet, but we (Kotara South) somehow got put into A grade in Fri O35’s. Dunno how tf that happened given we were middle of the road in C grade last year but we’re hoping to be regraded.

Aegon
22-03-2022, 10:19 AM
Haven’t seen the full spreadsheet, but we (Kotara South) somehow got put into A grade in Fri O35’s. Dunno how tf that happened given we were middle of the road in C grade last year but we’re hoping to be regraded.

My commiserations. The grading always throws a few head scratchers out there every year. Did you have some new superstars sign up?

2ndclasscitizen
22-03-2022, 12:49 PM
Interesting to see two fewer grades in AA Sat, but both AA and O35s Fri picking up an extra grade each.

Charman
22-03-2022, 04:05 PM

Yes, A is pretty challenging but If Kurri went up from C it would have been a reasonably easy comp for you. B grade sounds right for you lads.
Kurri must surely be in A as well as the thugs from West side of the lake.

boz-monaut
22-03-2022, 08:42 PM
apparently the former NPL player for Kurri isn't in that team anymore

We're in C this season - which isn't the best given we're down a few good players

our other team, which we swap being the top one year on year, is up in B grade - up from D last season

and being in a seven team comp is a bit shit too

BP Super Dynamos
22-03-2022, 11:24 PM
We've lost quite a few at Kurri but have still moved to B. By all accounts B is a mix of teams from last year's B C and D grades. Seems outrageous that Kotara South have gone to A

Disinterested Bystander
23-03-2022, 09:59 AM
Yep we’ve apparently been told by NF that they needed numbers for A grade and we were the unlucky ones that got picked to bring it to 8 teams. If 8 teams is so important to them I’m tempted to go for the nuclear option and say we’ll withdraw the team from the comp, see if they blink…..

Aegon
23-03-2022, 11:15 AM
apparently the former NPL player for Kurri isn't in that team anymore

We're in C this season - which isn't the best given we're down a few good players

our other team, which we swap being the top one year on year, is up in B grade - up from D last season

and being in a seven team comp is a bit shit too

Who has 7 teams?

From what I have seen: (brackets if changed from last year)

A - Norths (B), Swansea 1's, Kahibah 1's (B), Valentine 1's, Mayfield Snrs 1's, Wallsend 1's (B), Kotara South (C), Stockton 1's
B - Kurri 1's (C), Tenambit 1's (D), Dudley 1's, Swansea 2's, Valentine 2's, Cooker 1's (D based on Boz's info), Newcastle Suns (New), New Lambton (D)
C - Greta 1's (F), Cardiff City 1's (B), Charlestown (D), Dudley 2's, Toronto 1's, Valentine 3's, Cookers 2's, Nelson Bay 1's (D).

A grade lost Hamilton Azzurri & Newcastle Olympic from a 6 team comp so were stuck with having to bring up more teams

But some of the changes are strange.

Kotata promoted past Toronto and Kurri
Toronto stays put in C
Cooks Hill going to B (regardless of the team swap)
Greta having a big jump

Why none of Maitland Jr's 5x teams having taken a big step up is beyond me.
Their F grade team last year had a goal difference of 89 and they ended up in D ??

BS detecor
23-03-2022, 11:24 AM
Last year only 6 clubs nominated c grade or above. I imagine this year wasn’t much different. I’ve played teams in D grade that were just as good as ones I’ve played in A grade

Bremsstrahlung
23-03-2022, 11:29 AM
Everyone prefers a season winning than a season of losing.

Swings and roundabouts, you’d hope.

Goatscheese
23-03-2022, 11:47 AM
The problem is that they don't necessarily look at what players are still in a team even where the finished the year before.

They do look at where clubs are asking to be graded. So the Kotara team that got pushed up to A may have asked to go in C and all other teams in there may have said D so their thinking is put the team that ranked themselves highest and wanted to be in the higher grade into a higher grade even if it isn't where they wanted to be.

There is also the comments option to put your case forward about what grade you should be in and why. If you don't do that or isn't convincing enough then it doesn't happen. Perhaps for next year speak to your registrar about what information they are submitting to the club to ensure if gives you the best possible chance of being put in a grade that you want to be put in

tenschooners
23-03-2022, 01:05 PM
Yep this - for O/35s it seems they only look at the grades the club nominates and nothing else. It means clubs are nominating low knowing they'll be placed several grades above what they nominate. if you nominate where you think you should be (e.g. C grade), you'll end up in A grade.

Disinterested Bystander
23-03-2022, 02:13 PM
We nominated D grade this year. if you exclude Kurri, Dudley and Stockton from last year the rest of us were pretty evenly matched, so if the season had completed we could have finished anywhere from 2nd to 6th, we lost 2 a players to retirement and replaced them with guys who haven’t played for a couple of years, and we’re all a year older so D seemed right, but we probably wouldn’t have embarrassed ourselves in C again. At least in A grade the travels not too bad, other than Lorn it’s all pretty close

boz-monaut
23-03-2022, 05:26 PM
Who has 7 teams?

sorry it looks like there was an error in the spreadsheet sent out by this new jerk who's taken over from me in running All Age and 35s this season - so hard to find good help these days @2ndclasscitizen

I was mistaken, we have eight in our comp - looks like a few from the same grade last season, Dudley, Toronto, Valentine and us - who were all pretty evenly matched

so in hindsight it's not that bad a grading this season

2ndclasscitizen
23-03-2022, 09:19 PM
sorry it looks like there was an error in the spreadsheet sent out by this new jerk who's taken over from me in running All Age and 35s this season - so hard to find good help these days @2ndclasscitizen

I was mistaken, we have eight in our comp - looks like a few from the same grade last season, Dudley, Toronto, Valentine and us - who were all pretty evenly matched

so in hindsight it's not that bad a grading this season

You're right on all counts actually. The spreadsheet is wrong, there's 7 teams in div C and you can't get good help: https://imgur.com/a/t4mVMKB

Charman
24-03-2022, 11:51 AM
I'm angry people. Gradings are a farce. We finished with 2 wins 2 draws and -29 goal difference and we go from C to B. WTF?
Kurri finished with 12 wins, 2 draws and +38 goal difference and they went from C to B. How the hell do they think putting us up is even remotely close to the right grading?
We should have gone to E. The team average age is 50+ now and it's just no fun at all playing to get flogged every week.
$440 for another year of hell.

jim wallis
24-03-2022, 12:10 PM
Yep this - for O/35s it seems they only look at the grades the club nominates and nothing else. It means clubs are nominating low knowing they'll be placed several grades above what they nominate. if you nominate where you think you should be (e.g. C grade), you'll end up in A grade.

Id like to see the nomination sheet. You can see who is playing the system

anfield
24-03-2022, 12:36 PM
I'm angry people. Gradings are a farce. We finished with 2 wins 2 draws and -29 goal difference and we go from C to B. WTF?
Kurri finished with 12 wins, 2 draws and +38 goal difference and they went from C to B. How the hell do they think putting us up is even remotely close to the right grading?
We should have gone to E. The team average age is 50+ now and it's just no fun at all playing to get flogged every week.

Maybe just retire and go back to coaching. You don't need to worry about grades or your mates on the west side of the lake then😂

boz-monaut
24-03-2022, 01:59 PM
Russell Henry has emailed clubs re-stating the grading process and also asking clubs to stop individual players from contacting them directly

so I'm guessing a lot of folks aren't happy this year

Aegon
24-03-2022, 02:02 PM

Have you got an updated list? I thought Dudley 2's were staying in C?

Charman
24-03-2022, 02:05 PM
Maybe just retire and go back to coaching. You don't need to worry about grades or your mates on the west side of the lake then��

yeah, retirement is probably getting closer maybe when I'm 60.

2ndclasscitizen
24-03-2022, 02:26 PM
Russell Henry has emailed clubs re-stating the grading process and also asking clubs to stop individual players from contacting them directly

so I'm guessing a lot of folks aren't happy this year

Very ****ing unhappy. We even asked to go up a grade from the original into a comp with a bye and got knocked back. Now stuck in this comp with a lot of unhappy travellers:

https://i.imgur.com/waALqGQ.jpg

Goatscheese
24-03-2022, 02:55 PM

Do you know what was put down when the team was submitted? Your club might have just nominated you for C without any explanation. Certainly for next year I'd be speaking to your registrar about being put in F and explaining ages, past results etc.

Bremsstrahlung
24-03-2022, 03:13 PM
why would you want to go into a comp with a bye??? less games for your money...now i see it, farkin Scone, they have 3 sides better off being a ZL teams

I read it as, they offered to go up and take the place of the bye. Meaning no bye in that comp.

Jardelsimage
24-03-2022, 03:25 PM
I read it as, they offered to go up and take the place of the bye. Meaning no bye in that comp.

yeh misread it, post gone....

Baldeagle
25-03-2022, 01:09 PM
Does anyone have the grading spreadsheet for this year? Trying to sneep my peepers

boz-monaut
25-03-2022, 03:11 PM
what grade are you after?

Baldeagle
25-03-2022, 04:29 PM
Unsure of what grade, after Shortland though

boz-monaut
25-03-2022, 06:51 PM
I'll assume you're talking about All Age men

Div.
J
Largs 3/3
Scone 3/3
Dudley Juniors 1/1
Cardiff City 2/2
Charlestown 2/2
South Wallsend 2/3
Maryland Fletcher 3/3
Shortland 1/2

Div.
K
Dungog 1/1
Gresford 2/2
Maitland 1/1
Metford 1/1
Fletcher 2/2
Raymond Terrace 1/1
South Wallsend 3/3
Shortland 2/2

gibsonmcqueen
25-03-2022, 10:36 PM
Scone is a nightmare to have in a comp, they're guaranteed a finals place because half the games they have at home will be forfeited.

It's also a nightmare getting them early on. It's probably an unpopular opinion but I think the first 3 or 4 rounds should be away games for them. They'll make it up on the back end but it might limit some of the forfeits early on.

Last year we got the draw a week before the season and had Scone week 2. Between working commitments and parenting commitments we couldn't even form a team due to how far away and late the game was. If we had more notice we'd have happily gone up there though, probably even stayed the night and boost the community with beer money. But a fortnight is just too little time to organise.

I guess an alternative would be to get results draw out earlier than a week before the season starts.

evolution
25-03-2022, 11:01 PM
Ah fck I think J is my comp. Might have to hire a minibus for the Scone trip.

gibsonmcqueen
25-03-2022, 11:14 PM
Ah fck I think J is my comp. Might have to hire a minibus for the Scone trip.

Who do you play for Evolution? My team is the charlestown team in J. First season at Charlestown though, we've been at south Cardiff the few years previous.

evolution
25-03-2022, 11:57 PM
Who do you play for Evolution? My team is the charlestown team in J. First season at Charlestown though, we've been at south Cardiff the few years previous.

Cardiff City

mge61
26-03-2022, 12:39 AM
Scone is a nightmare to have in a comp, they're guaranteed a finals place because half the games they have at home will be forfeited.

It's also a nightmare getting them early on. It's probably an unpopular opinion but I think the first 3 or 4 rounds should be away games for them. They'll make it up on the back end but it might limit some of the forfeits early on.

Last year we got the draw a week before the season and had Scone week 2. Between working commitments and parenting commitments we couldn't even form a team due to how far away and late the game was. If we had more notice we'd have happily gone up there though, probably even stayed the night and boost the community with beer money. But a fortnight is just too little time to organise.

I guess an alternative would be to get results draw out earlier than a week before the season starts.

I’ll make sure we have a box of Kleenex ready for you if you don’t forfeit.

anfield
26-03-2022, 01:17 AM

Our zone league squad had Muswellbrook in our division last year. Scone is another 20 minutes up the highway, so it's a greater challenge.
For mine, teams need to embrace the challenge of taking on these teams away.
Our team had to play Muswellbrook away twice, including a midweek catch-up game with reserves at 6.30 and first grade at 8 ( more like 8.10). This was extremely tough, especially as we only had 17 for both grades despite having 20 available the day before the game. What was disappointing for me was the 2 or so players that made themselves unavailable for no real reason at all. This would happen in most teams.

I think the key thing is to remember is that Scone has to do the long trips every 2nd game.

I get the away proposal for the first 3-4 games, but is that fair? Teams could turn around a forfeit to them at the end of the season if they can't make the finals. Character building I reckon

gibsonmcqueen
26-03-2022, 09:03 AM
My team wanted to embrace it. When we saw the grading spreadsheet we were pumped for a weekend away. Two weeks is just too little notice to make it possible. Hence my suggestion of either getting the draw out earlier or making the first three games (which is potentially only one extra game) away games.

We also noticed last time that the teams that didn't have a chance of making the finals forfeited at the end of the season too. Just doesn't seem too fair on Scone either, they pay their (possibly exuberant costs) like the rest of us do. Why not put them in K instead of J so they're playing predominantly Hunter Valley teams that are less likely to forfeit so they actually get some more bang for their buck.

@mge61 that's really sweet of you 🥰

namwob99
26-03-2022, 10:31 AM
So just clarifying here, it's really hard for your team to travel there just the one time in Rd 2, but you're OK with them travelling the first 3 or 4 games?

boz-monaut
26-03-2022, 11:11 AM
Scone teams go into the comp, and life in general, knowing that they're two hours away from the rest of the world

other teams don't have the logistics set up already and it's a bit of a challenge to ask people to add an extra four hours to their Saturday recreation time when they've got other commitments, particularly kids

there should be a separate competition for the Upper Hunter, that way everyone reduces travel times

for teams down at the southern end, they'd be better off playing in Sydney than travelling to Scone (note that they can't play against Central Coast teams, who aren't in the FFA and are also probably nazi pedoes, or even worse Mariners fans)

gibsonmcqueen
26-03-2022, 11:29 AM
Some how I accidentally deleted my response when I tried to edit it, but essentially, yes that is 100% what I'm saying.

The issue isn't with the travelling itself so much as the logistics of being able to organise life (work, babysitting, etc.) Around it on such short notice.

From my perspective, I think it would be easier to organise playing Scone, Muswellbrook and Dungog away for the first 3 rounds if I knew that's what was happening from February when we sign up, then it is to organise one game out to Scone with only 2 weeks notice.

As such, I think if you made Scone play the first 3 games away (really only 1 extra away game) every season, then as soon as they signed their team up they could start organising appropriately. This potentially helps to limit forfeits against them too, which if I was in Scone and paying $30/game (assume their rego is similar to ours) I'd want to minimise forfeits too.

Alternatively, the associations could get the draw out say 3 or 4 weeks before the comp starts instead of 1 and then everyone would have a greater ability to plan ahead, but I'm sure if it was that simple, the associations would already be doing that.

For what it's worth, I work a 9-5, getting up to Scone week 2 isn't actually an issue for me, but as a team, we had 9 who couldn't free themselves up for 4hrs of travel for a 3pm game on 2 weeks notice. And it wasn't a case of them just being too far away and planning on forfeiting any game up there, we were legitimately looking forward to a boys weekend away, 2 weeks notice was just logistically impossible for us to facilitate.

boz-monaut
26-03-2022, 12:53 PM
your original post (can't restore it for some reason):

100% because the issue (for most people in my team) with being able to travel there is not knowing you need to travel there. There's simply not enough notice. However, if it was a standing arrangement that they were travelling for the first 3 weeks (instead of 2 of the first 3 weeks) they (scone) could plan ahead every year, organise work, babysitting, etc months ahead of time.

For example, if I knew my team were playing Dungog, Muswellbrook and Scone all away in the first 3 weeks, but I knew from February that that would be the case, that would be a lot easier to coordinate and field a full team for than it would be for me to coordinate one away game in Scone with only 2 weeks notice.
and yes we're saying the same thing, we basically typed at the same time so I hadn't seen your post when writing mine

Goldeneagle
26-03-2022, 10:36 PM
Scone and Muswellbrook teams pay their rego and should be looked after just as much as any other club if not more. These guys travel every second week one and a half to two hours down to Newcastle/Lake Macquarie and people want to complain about travelling that long once a season. Get over yourselves!
Where's the empathy for clubs like Scone, they've paid their money for a full season and yet when teams forfeit out of ignorance towards the end of the season because they can't make the semis and couldn't be bothered to make the trip, they don't get their full complement of matches paid for. NNSW Community Football is not just in Newcastle and Lake Macquarie!

2ndclasscitizen
27-03-2022, 10:47 AM
Empathy doesn't get teams in cars heading up the Expressway, practical solutions do. If Upper Hunter clubs want to play against Newy and Lake Mac clubs then there needs to be some thought about the realities of life, namely that in All Age and O35s football is something that can really quickly get pushed down the list of priorities. Happy wife and kids vs taking a possible 7hrs out of your day to play mid grade footy in Scone with minimal notice at the start of the season? That's a quick decision for most blokes.

Scone have 3 grades, play Zone. Those comps will be at least a bit more committed and much less likely to forfeit.

Thomas477
27-03-2022, 11:17 AM
Empathy doesn't get teams in cars heading up the Expressway, practical solutions do. If Upper Hunter clubs want to play against Newy and Lake Mac clubs then there needs to be some thought about the realities of life, namely that in All Age and O35s football is something that can really quickly get pushed down the list of priorities. Happy wife and kids vs taking a possible 7hrs out of your day to play mid grade footy in Scone with minimal notice at the start of the season? That's a quick decision for most blokes.

Scone have 3 grades, play Zone. Those comps will be at least a bit more committed and much less likely to forfeit.

Where do you define Upper Hunter? Singleton? But then they’re Greta’s second closest club, cut off Greta, then that’s Lochinvar’s second closest club, and so on. And then do those clubs have enough players for each grade, or will you have u/12s playing against u/16s, and will those comps be somewhat balanced, or will you have 4 a grade sides against 4 j grade? But then if its okay for juniors to play across the region, why not all age? I’ll also note that you’re apparently in cooks hill which is literally one of the furthest clubs from Scone in the region, if you’re out in the suburbs or Maitland, it’s not that bad.

As for Scone joining ZL, that’s a much higher level of commitment for everyone up there, plus more expensive. Just seems like a lot of sour grapes because you get inconvenienced once, or maybe twice a season, but you’re more than happy to inconvenience them.

mge61
27-03-2022, 11:21 AM
Last time I looked it was a combined competition from 3 associations not just Newcastle and Lake Mac. If you’re defining Hunter Valley as Scone/Muswellbrook better have another look.

boz-monaut
27-03-2022, 01:50 PM
easy solution would be to cap travel time to one hour for over 35s and AA beyond the serious grades

Thomas477
27-03-2022, 02:17 PM
easy solution would be to cap travel time to one hour for over 35s and AA beyond the serious grades

How would you define 1 hour travel time? NF struggle to get the grading out on time at the moment, let alone having to google maps all the distances. And then having to rejig the comp because 1 team has to travel 1 hour and 1 minute per google. And what about matchday, do teams pull the plug if they’re stuck in traffic and have to travel more than 1 hour?

I’m all for sensibility for Friday night comps, but Saturday’s you know you’re signing up to play in the inter district leagues, which includes Scone, Southern Lakes (if they still exist), Swansea, Nelson Bay, Cessnock etc, if you don’t want to travel, go and play 5 a side.

BS detecor
27-03-2022, 04:54 PM
If the ground is further than the time it takes to finish your half strength soy latte then it is deemed out of area perhaps

anfield
28-03-2022, 10:41 AM

The best outcome is obviously to have a Hunter valley all age division where teams from Scone, Muswellbrook, Singleton, Cessnock etc could participate in. As long as there grades around the same level, which I'm sure would occur.

At the end of the day, the draws and gradings are done. Teams that have Scone in their competition should realise that they potentially could have to go to Scone in the early rounds. It's done, everyone needs to make an attempt to make it work. I realise for some that maybe difficult, But we all know that there are players in all teams that will make some crappy excuse not to go.

Scone have every right to play in the all Age competition, Football needs to be promoted and encouraged in the upper valley. It's probably the only time some players will ever stop in Scone.

I have always said the more teams playing zone the better. If that includes Scone then good, More teams the better. Maybe with no Muswellbrook in zone this year some of their players are playing with Scone? But I think saying 3 grades, play zone is a little short sighted.

Goatscheese
28-03-2022, 11:07 AM

Or the easy solution is to put the fixtures out much earlier.

Comp starts in a month, have them out this week.

gibsonmcqueen
28-03-2022, 11:11 AM
Just to be very clear because people seem to not get it; I'm not arguing with anyone that Scone shouldn't be able to play in an interdistrict league, I'm not arguing that Scone should have to play more away games than everyone else, or that people shouldn't expect to travel when they sign up to an interdistrict league.

My entire argument is that there are smarter and arguably fairer ways for everyone (people from Scone and those in the cities) to incorporate Scone in to the competition to ensure fair play opportunities for everyone.

The current issues seem to be:
1. Games in the first 2-3 weeks are incredibly difficult for adults to be able to get to with such short notice.
2. People don't want to travel to Scone in the later rounds because they're out of contention.

Potential opportunities for improvement for problem 1 would be:
* Get the draw out with 3 or 4 weeks notice so that the minimum amount of forewarning that teams have that they need to travel to Scone is a month
* Play the first 2-3 games for Scone away from home every year, this way they could know that would be the case from February and start organising their lives accordingly. This would not result in less home games, just a different distribution.
* Create a Hunter Valley League, I don't know why they don't just do this, you could easily put Scone in K grade and solve half of these issues.
* At the very least, make whoever has to play Scone at home in round 2 be the closest team (in the current Div J that would be Largs)

Potential opportunities for improvement for problem 2:
* make the last 3 games of the season Away games that way it's up to Scone as to whether they're forfeiting or not (which hopefully they wouldn't want to)
* I'm not really sure what else you can do to solve that problem.

So I guess if we were to work on the idea that the scheduling can't for whatever reason (I'm not informed enough to know why so won't judge) come out earlier, then I would think the best compromise for any division with Scone (unless a HV specific league) would be:
* first 2 rounds are away
* round 3 would be a home game against whoever is the closest team
*Rounds 4-11 would see 2 away games and 7 home games, possibly a 2-1-3-1-2 set up or whatever
* Rounds 12-14 all away games.

- Minimises the risk of forfeits due to logistical issues early on
- Minimises the risk of forfeits due to not being competitive on the back end

Bremsstrahlung
28-03-2022, 11:40 AM
That’s it in a nutshell right?

Any team in HV, Macquarie or NPS can enter the comp.

Maybe they could set aside 2-3 HV only comps of varying competitiveness for those teams up there that don’t want a 2 hour road trip every 2nd week. But if they wanna make the trip regularly, fair play to them.

Would be interesting to see how many teams would opt for a district only competition if offered to each district.

Apart from that, I agree releasing a draw a bit earlier would definitely be preferable and help.

At the end of the day, teams are flakey, a lot have families, work and other commitments and playing football is just a bit of fun. Similar to playing a hacking team intent on injuring players, making long road trips that take up most of your day don’t really satisfy the effort/risk to reward ratio.

It’d be interesting to see the rate of forfeits of the years with these clubs involved to see if there is actually a long term issue here, or if it’s just the odd team here and there.

anfield
28-03-2022, 12:20 PM
Just to be very clear because people seem to not get it; I'm not arguing with anyone that Scone shouldn't be able to play in an interdistrict league, I'm not arguing that Scone should have to play more away games than everyone else, or that people shouldn't expect to travel when they sign up to an interdistrict league.

My entire argument is that there are smarter and arguably fairer ways for everyone (people from Scone and those in the cities) to incorporate Scone in to the competition to ensure fair play opportunities for everyone.

The current issues seem to be:
1. Games in the first 2-3 weeks are incredibly difficult for adults to be able to get to with such short notice.
2. People don't want to travel to Scone in the later rounds because they're out of contention.

Potential opportunities for improvement for problem 1 would be:
* Get the draw out with 3 or 4 weeks notice so that the minimum amount of forewarning that teams have that they need to travel to Scone is a month
* Play the first 2-3 games for Scone away from home every year, this way they could know that would be the case from February and start organising their lives accordingly. This would not result in less home games, just a different distribution.
* Create a Hunter Valley League, I don't know why they don't just do this, you could easily put Scone in K grade and solve half of these issues.
* At the very least, make whoever has to play Scone at home in round 2 be the closest team (in the current Div J that would be Largs)

Potential opportunities for improvement for problem 2:
* make the last 3 games of the season Away games that way it's up to Scone as to whether they're forfeiting or not (which hopefully they wouldn't want to)
* I'm not really sure what else you can do to solve that problem.

So I guess if we were to work on the idea that the scheduling can't for whatever reason (I'm not informed enough to know why so won't judge) come out earlier, then I would think the best compromise for any division with Scone (unless a HV specific league) would be:
* first 2 rounds are away
* round 3 would be a home game against whoever is the closest team
*Rounds 4-11 would see 2 away games and 7 home games, possibly a 2-1-3-1-2 set up or whatever
* Rounds 12-14 all away games.

- Minimises the risk of forfeits due to logistical issues early on
- Minimises the risk of forfeits due to not being competitive on the back end

There is plenty of good points in your argument, The association's will always consider requests. But things won't change due to points and ideas posted on the forum. If people feel strongly about it contact your club around October and put a request in regarding a hunter valley division. It makes perfect sense to me.

gibsonmcqueen
28-03-2022, 06:26 PM
I don't entirely agree with that. A club in isolation will have no impact. A post on a forum, while not directly achieving anything does at least get the thought processes shared across multiple people from multiple clubs and even some people that seem to have sway at an association level.

So I would say open discussions on things like this in a public forum probably is important to help facilitate any change.

boz-monaut
28-03-2022, 09:34 PM
agree that the discussion is positive - but the way to actually get this to occur is to get the clubs in the Upper Hunter talking and agreeing on what they want, then going as a united group to the Hunter Association and the zones

there have been Upper Hunter grades in previous years (proof here (https://websites.mygameday.app/assoc_page.cgi?c=0-8218-0-0-0&a=COMPS&seasonID=423833#Interdistrict_All_Age_Saturday_) showing an AA U.HV grade) - it might be worth finding out why they stopped doing them

anfield
28-03-2022, 11:09 PM
I don't entirely agree with that. A club in isolation will have no impact. A post on a forum, while not directly achieving anything does at least get the thought processes shared across multiple people from multiple clubs and even some people that seem to have sway at an association level.

So I would say open discussions on things like this in a public forum probably is important to help facilitate any change.

All I'm saying there is a few reactive comments, It's probably time for somebody to be proactive and raise these issues. As boz has already mentioned.

boz-monaut
07-04-2022, 06:19 PM
Fixtures are coming out mid to late next week

Aegon
11-04-2022, 10:18 AM
Fixtures are coming out mid to late next week

Thanks for the heads up.

Anyone managed to get in a trial game? We have been washed out every week.

boz-monaut
11-04-2022, 11:13 AM
we had one back in February, washed out every game since then

Baldeagle
11-04-2022, 07:14 PM
Total crap that the draw comes out a little over a week before season starts.

gibsonmcqueen
11-04-2022, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

Anyone managed to get in a trial game? We have been washed out every week.

We often organise to have a trial game at speeds point. Costs about $20/person for ground hire but guaranteed not to get washed out.

boz-monaut
13-04-2022, 05:36 PM
draw is up

rawr.
13-04-2022, 06:13 PM
agree that the discussion is positive - but the way to actually get this to occur is to get the clubs in the Upper Hunter talking and agreeing on what they want, then going as a united group to the Hunter Association and the zones

there have been Upper Hunter grades in previous years (proof here (https://websites.mygameday.app/assoc_page.cgi?c=0-8218-0-0-0&a=COMPS&seasonID=423833#Interdistrict_All_Age_Saturday_) showing an AA U.HV grade) - it might be worth finding out why they stopped doing them

Clubs want to nominate for higher grades, they don't want to be playing the same HVF teams each year. If you win your HVF Division with high points and GD, why shouldn't you be promoted into the next div?

gibsonmcqueen
13-04-2022, 09:11 PM
Cardiff City

See you round 6 Evolution!

Glad to not have Scone away until later in the season, looking forward to sampling some of the pubs finest post game 👍

They also have only 2 home games in the last 6 games which should help them not have as many forfeits against them which is good; help them get their money's worth.

Stopit
19-04-2022, 03:50 PM
Lambton Jaffas all age B grade (Saturday) are chasing a goalkeeper for 2022 after our fella has had to pull out.

Long shot but if anyone is interested please contact Brock on 0432000111

Thomas477
19-04-2022, 10:13 PM
Lambton Jaffas all age B grade (Saturday) are chasing a goalkeeper for 2022 after our fella has had to pull out.

Long shot but if anyone is interested please contact Brock on 0432000111

Message sent. I spent my junior career there

2ndclasscitizen
20-04-2022, 12:24 PM
Not feeling confident with this forecast:

https://i.imgur.com/bWtYmds.png

Goatscheese
20-04-2022, 01:22 PM
Not feeling confident with this forecast:

https://i.imgur.com/bWtYmds.png

Yah 1st round postponed

boz-monaut
22-04-2022, 10:42 PM
actually played an actual competition game tonight, in the all important over 35 C grade

Cooks Hill 4 3 Greta Branxton

played like a bunch of old men who hadn't had any preseason games

Aegon
22-04-2022, 10:49 PM
actually played an actual competition game tonight, in the all important over 35 C grade

Cooks Hill 4 3 Greta Branxton

played like a bunch of old men who hadn't had any preseason games

Dudley 1 Valentine 1

The game was played in very good spirit, we missed a pen and a handful of chances that should have secured the game for us but it wasn't to be.
Lack of fitness and match practice for both teams was very evident.

2ndclasscitizen
23-04-2022, 10:19 AM
Nothing worse than a Saturday with glorious sunshine and a load of grounds closed and matches postponed

The roosta
23-04-2022, 07:31 PM
O35 B grade
Cookshill 3 V Kurri 3
Solid first game last night, some great goals from both teams.
Kurri only had 11 players definitely hurt not having any subs. Was surprised we even got on but Cookshill’s pitch must have some awesome drainage it was in great condition.

Asdfg1234
26-04-2022, 11:39 AM
Any reason why the mygameday app isn’t showing scores for the weekend?

2ndclasscitizen
26-04-2022, 06:09 PM
Any reason why the mygameday app isn’t showing scores for the weekend?

Ok not just me then, tried on web and desktop with no luck

boz-monaut
29-04-2022, 05:38 PM
our game has been called off for tonight after no rain all week

this is getting ridiculous - the grounds will not get any drier than this all year and we'll be playing in midweek mudpits at the end of the season

mge61
29-04-2022, 07:20 PM
Would have been a good week to have an away game at Scone.

Aegon
29-04-2022, 09:06 PM
our game has been called off for tonight after no rain all week

this is getting ridiculous - the grounds will not get any drier than this all year and we'll be playing in midweek mudpits at the end of the season

It chucked it down in Valo yesterday afternoon and has had a bit of on and off rain all week unfortunately. A couple of blokes went down and had a look prior to the pitch inspection this afternoon and 100% knew it was going to be off. Just stepping on parts of the pitch left a couple of cm imprint on the field.

Shit drainage on what is supposed to be a premier field.

JDL and community games called off Saturday already as well.

If NPL goes ahead on Sunday i'll be heading down and heckling Valo as Jaffas put many goals past them.

VelkiKurac
30-04-2022, 09:43 AM
Friday night all age A grade
Croatia 4-0 Nelson Bay

Jardelsimage
03-05-2022, 12:14 PM
CCFC are looking for 2 or 3 more players for our AAF side, lower division, ability is not an issue.
PM for more details.

boz-monaut
06-05-2022, 11:38 PM
the all important over 35 C grade fat men game tonight ended

Cooks Hill 6 3 Cardiff

not one for the defenders, you might say

2ndclasscitizen
07-05-2022, 04:39 PM
Big thanks to the committee down at Morisset for keeping the ground open today. 80min of hard work on absolute Heavy 8 track but much better than sitting at home missing another match.

2ndclasscitizen
11-05-2022, 09:54 AM
Is there still an issue with GameDay? Some games still not showing scores today for games from Saturday in our comp

spamg172
14-05-2022, 12:02 AM

I'm interested what you're referring to as serious grades 🤔. I'm in All Age A and it definitely can't fall into that category. We couldn't be accused of playing "football", training is a 2010 concept, and the banter is mediocre at best.

BBscone
21-05-2022, 07:38 PM
I'm interested what you're referring to as serious grades 🤔. I'm in All Age A and it definitely can't fall into that category. We couldn't be accused of playing "football", training is a 2010 concept, and the banter is mediocre at best.Surely this applies to every o35 or AA contest? When father time says it's time he is seriously saying stop embarrassing yourselves. The beautiful game descends into downright ugly on a Friday night in Winter around town.

Aegon
22-05-2022, 08:29 PM
O35 C grade
Greta Branxton 0
Valentine 1

Really good end to end game played in good spirits. Ended up only 1-0 but could have been 5 all based on chances.

Aegon
22-05-2022, 08:31 PM
There is way more to pulling on the boots than the beauty of the game.
It's great for fitness, fun, friendships, mental health and a load of other things.

I personally couldn't care less how it appears for a bystander as there are very rarely any that need to be impressed anyway.

riverboy
23-05-2022, 11:19 AM
Has everyone played at least 2 games?

sammydog
23-05-2022, 11:43 AM

My O35 have played 1 game.

The girls I coach though have played 4.

Yato
23-05-2022, 12:02 PM
Plenty of teams around that have not played a single game yet.

Charman
23-05-2022, 02:07 PM
O35 Fri C grade.
Redhead 0 - Nelson Bay 2. Good we actually played and their ground wasn't too bad.
They're not getting hot water on their trip to Redhead though! Cold showers before a return trip from up there aren't great.

evolution
23-05-2022, 04:21 PM
Plenty of teams around that have not played a single game yet.

Yep my team is in that boat. Not hopeful of getting on this weekend either.

2ndclasscitizen
23-05-2022, 04:55 PM

Have gotten 3 away so far. Any one played out at Kurraka lately, how's it holding up to the rain?

gibsonmcqueen
28-05-2022, 07:06 PM
Actually got a game today, it was amazing to actually get to play. Winning 5-1 always helps the mood too.

2ndclasscitizen
02-06-2022, 09:38 PM
RIP to all our compatriots in the Friday night comps. You're all going to freeze.

Aegon
03-06-2022, 10:36 AM
RIP to all our compatriots in the Friday night comps. You're all going to freeze.

Showers and around 10 degrees at most places. Going to be fun......

interested local
03-06-2022, 10:40 AM

Can you play in a puffer jacket?

2ndclasscitizen
03-06-2022, 11:13 AM
Showers and around 10 degrees at most places. Going to be fun......

10 degrees, positively balmy!

Can you play in a puffer jacket?

Just as long as it is the same colour as your strip, that's the most important bit.

VelkiKurac
04-06-2022, 09:34 PM
Friday all age A grade
Croatia V Uni
5-1

Charman
06-06-2022, 12:46 PM
O'35 FRI C.
Redhead 2 - Greta 3. Redhead up 2-1 H.T. Missed a pen after 1/2 time to go 3-1 up. Greta converted their own pen 10 mins later and a lucky goal with 5 to go.
Must say brilliant complex up there. It's a fantastic set up. Pitch was wet but it held up ok.

Charman
10-06-2022, 02:08 PM
Cracking weather for no games this weekend. Make up game at Evans park Tuesday night. won't take much rain to call that off again I'd think.

The Hacker
10-06-2022, 02:53 PM
Cracking weather for no games this weekend. Make up game at Evans park Tuesday night. won't take much rain to call that off again I'd think.

If clubs could agree to play a make up game this weekend what’s stopping them?

Aegon
10-06-2022, 05:09 PM
If clubs could agree to play a make up game this weekend what’s stopping them?

Their association unfortunately.

Reds Forever
10-06-2022, 05:24 PM
Their association unfortunately.

Yep. Ridiculous. Have played 1 game so far but weren't able to arrange a wash out game for this weekend.

Charman
15-06-2022, 11:13 AM
O35 C catch up. Redhead 2, Cardiff 1.
Redhead better team 1st half going in 2-0. Cardiff came out with increased energy 2nd half and could've won. Our keeper probably the reason they didn't, he pulled off some great saves.
Friggin cold night. Field wasn't too bad and good to see they've been able to mark #2.
I know there's talk of electricity shortage but TURN YOUR HOT WATER ON!

Jardelsimage
15-06-2022, 03:10 PM
Redhead better team 1st half going in 2-0. Cardiff came out with increased energy 2nd half and could've won. Our keeper probably the reason they didn't, he pulled off some great saves.
Friggin cold night. Field wasn't too bad and good to see they've been able to mark #2.

Don't yell, its not like we meant it...unlike other clubs used to do.....

It was working fine on Sunday and we had no idea it was not working, but if it helps we have sent a request to get it looked at....so the next team doesn't suffer.

cheers

Charman
16-06-2022, 11:51 AM
Don't yell, its not like we meant it...unlike other clubs used to do.....

It was working fine on Sunday and we had no idea it was not working, but if it helps we have sent a request to get it looked at....so the next team doesn't suffer.

cheers

It's ok Jardel, I've thawed out now.

riverboy
16-06-2022, 04:37 PM

Sounds like your a serial shower whinger, Would you like soap and a scrubber too????

Charman
17-06-2022, 10:58 AM
Sounds like your a serial shower whinger, Would you like soap and a scrubber too????

if you wouldn't mind.

Aegon
18-06-2022, 09:44 AM
O35C

Valo 3
Dudley 0

Went 3-0 up very quick but Dudley got better as the game went on.

Good to finally get our first game on our home ground.

riverboy
18-06-2022, 11:04 AM
O35C

Valo 3
Dudley 0

Went 3-0 up very quick but Dudley got better as the game went on.

Good to finally get our first game on our home ground.

Hopefully there was hot water? Waiting for old mate's shower report.

Charman
20-06-2022, 11:02 AM
Hopefully there was hot water? Waiting for old mate's shower report.

Hot water aplenty. What a lovely gesture.

riverboy
20-06-2022, 11:46 AM
Hot water aplenty. What a lovely gesture.

Maybe you should be worried about the game, other then the shower afterwards

Aegon
20-06-2022, 01:52 PM
Maybe you should be worried about the game, other then the shower afterwards

The cold beers and a warm shower after a game are definitely higher priorities for O35's.

TheDJ
25-06-2022, 12:22 AM
O35C
Valo v Dudley (2-2 i think)
All of this is only my opinion but I couldn't help posting it. I am a former ref who has moved to play AA so i have some strong opinions on treatment of refs. I understand the heat of the game gets to all of us but i believe players can still treat refs fairly, particularly when they are clubby.
My issue is that during tonight's game this club referee again copped criticism from players on the field to the point of needing to issue a yellow for dissent to a Dudley player. It is embarrassing enough to get a yellow for dissent normally but to get one for speaking back to a clubby is just wrong in my opinion. NNSW is launching massive campaigns to try and get respect back into the game and it is entirely for things like this. Now you could call it an over-reaction on my part because I am so passionate about treating refs better but I believe players need to have a long look at themselves and question why it is they struggle to get refs out to games.
My second gripe comes from a player (claiming they use to ref) trying to encourage the clubby to not record the 2 yellows because there was one each way so they cancel out, again trying to strong arm a clubby to suit themselves

Now I am sorry that this was so negative on what was by other accounts a decent night to get out and play after weeks of being off the park but seeing a close friend of mine helping out the soccer community to be treated like that made me disappointed. Again this is not an attack on either team (I am not affiliated with either team) but i just feel so strongly that when we have clubbys helping out we should be thanking them for helping us play

Supersub
25-06-2022, 11:48 AM
Hi was just wondering if any Friday nights side have any slots left before transfer closes I’m currently playing zpl but can’t commit anymore even lower league zone just after a game and some fun

Thomas477
25-06-2022, 08:38 PM
O35C
All of this is only my opinion but I couldn't help posting it. I am a former ref who has moved to play AA so i have some strong opinions on treatment of refs. I understand the heat of the game gets to all of us but i believe players can still treat refs fairly, particularly when they are clubby.
My issue is that during tonight's game this club referee again copped criticism from players on the field to the point of needing to issue a yellow for dissent to a Dudley player. It is embarrassing enough to get a yellow for dissent normally but to get one for speaking back to a clubby is just wrong in my opinion. NNSW is launching massive campaigns to try and get respect back into the game and it is entirely for things like this. Now you could call it an over-reaction on my part because I am so passionate about treating refs better but I believe players need to have a long look at themselves and question why it is they struggle to get refs out to games.
My second gripe comes from a player (claiming they use to ref) trying to encourage the clubby to not record the 2 yellows because there was one each way so they cancel out, again trying to strong arm a clubby to suit themselves

Now I am sorry that this was so negative on what was by other accounts a decent night to get out and play after weeks of being off the park but seeing a close friend of mine helping out the soccer community to be treated like that made me disappointed. Again this is not an attack on either team (I am not affiliated with either team) but i just feel so strongly that when we have clubbys helping out we should be thanking them for helping us play

Had it happen to me last year, was doing an o/35 game last year, gave out 2 cards for dissent, and tbh had I not been a clubbie who was a registered ref that year and sending someone off would've meant some questions I didn’t want to answer, I would’ve punted the keeper for trying to intimidate me

Now that being said I think all clubs should be required to have someone with reffing experience as a clubbie. I’ve helped out my club, but in my game today we had someone who clearly had no idea what they were doing. Things like allowing subs when the keeper had the ball in their hands when it didn’t go out, not allowing subs on free kicks, no cards, whistling every time the ball goes out, club AR’s actively coaching the home team players as they “reffed”, consistently pointing the wrong way for restarts. Honestly I know reffing is hard, but jeez, wasn’t a good look.

Toaf
25-06-2022, 09:51 PM
Hi was just wondering if any Friday nights side have any slots left before transfer closes I’m currently playing zpl but can’t commit anymore even lower league zone just after a game and some fun
Pm you mate definitely could use another player

Charman
27-06-2022, 02:00 PM
O35C

G'day DJ. Dudley (Redhead) played Cardiff on Friday night. We played Valo the week before losing 0-3 and from memory there was no criticism of the club ref. In fact we all thought he did a great job and appeared he had played higher level football. Such was his understanding of letting the game play.
I can only guess it may have been another grade? looks like O35 FRI B.

Charman
27-06-2022, 02:01 PM
O35 FRI C
Redhead 0, Cardiff 2. Congratulations to Cardiff on their 1st win, they were highly energetic. Jeez our pitch is bad, still really soggy.

Aegon
27-06-2022, 03:09 PM
G'day DJ. Dudley (Redhead) played Cardiff on Friday night. We played Valo the week before losing 0-3 and from memory there was no criticism of the club ref. In fact we all thought he did a great job and appeared he had played higher level football. Such was his understanding of letting the game play.
I can only guess it may have been another grade? looks like O35 FRI B.

Yup, I think you are right. Valo O35C played Cooks Hill this Friday night.

Ended up getting up 3-0 at National park, to be fair it was a much closer game than the score shows.

2ndclasscitizen
04-07-2022, 04:39 PM
Did anyone get any games away Saturday? I know a few got away Friday night.

mge61
04-07-2022, 04:42 PM
Muswellbrook Old Boys Day went ahead. AllAge C grade
Mus Vegas 4-1 Hamilton Azzurri.

anfield
05-07-2022, 09:06 AM
Muswellbrook Old Boys Day went ahead. AllAge C grade
Mus Vegas 4-1 Hamilton Azzurri.

I'm presuming the Muswellbrook team contains a lot of players from their zl3 squad from last year?
Quality side, it looks like they are in the wrong grade. Surely an A grade side?

Giges
06-07-2022, 10:09 AM
Hey All,

I hope everyone is keeping safe.

Has there been any talk about current outstanding rescheduled fixtures and potential future washouts being marked as draws? Or any other solution? Obviously every team has been affected but using my team for example we have 9 games to be played in total (both rescheduled/future fixtures) before the end of the season. The last weekend of the regular season is 13/08 which is only 6 weekends away including this weekend where there will be no soccer again. Given weather forecast and the rain we have had already this will lead to more washouts both on weekends and mid week.

Aegon
06-07-2022, 10:35 AM
Hey All,

I hope everyone is keeping safe.

Has there been any talk about current outstanding rescheduled fixtures and potential future washouts being marked as draws? Or any other solution? Obviously every team has been affected but using my team for example we have 9 games to be played in total (both rescheduled/future fixtures) before the end of the season. The last weekend of the regular season is 13/08 which is only 6 weekends away including this weekend where there will be no soccer again. Given weather forecast and the rain we have had already this will lead to more washouts both on weekends and mid week.

Haven't heard anything myself, but i am assuming the logistics will force some 1-1 washout scores

2ndclasscitizen
06-07-2022, 11:55 AM
At this rate it'll either be yet another season with no finals or maybe go points per game? Given the lack of rescheduling happening even when the weather was good I can't see any one finishing up with the full 14 matches played.

Charman
18-07-2022, 02:30 PM
O35 FRI C.
Redhead 0, Cooks Hill 4.
Must say their pitch sets the bench mark for all grounds. Absolutely brilliant given the amount of rain and how many fields were closed.

2ndclasscitizen
18-07-2022, 05:10 PM
The council did a brilliant job on no.6. Sand base, lots of drainage and good grass. Only trouble we've got is trying to squeeze all games on there.

Shere Khan
31-07-2022, 09:56 PM
O35’s A Sat
Edgy v Kotara
Sorry to hear Kotara guy has a broken leg.
All the best and hope for a speedy recovery.

NUGUNS
08-08-2022, 10:30 PM
Hows the catch up congestion looking for everyone?

I was looking through my All Age comp and a team has been scheduled to play 6 games in 13 days.

Pretty happy to only have to play 3 in 6 now.

The Hacker
08-08-2022, 10:43 PM

I was looking through my All Age comp and a team has been scheduled to play 6 games in 13 days.

6 in 13 days. Good luck with that

2ndclasscitizen
09-08-2022, 10:11 AM

Only got 4 left to play so pretty good compared to some, with only one left unscheduled. Even got lucky next weekend, only playing Sunday against a team that has to play Saturday as well.

Across the club worst is 6 games left to play, with rest only having 2 or 3 left to go so not in terrible shape.

Giges
09-08-2022, 10:20 AM

Has there been many forfeits?
We had 4 games in 8 days last week. Played 3 of them with 9 players and borrowed players for the other. This was mainly due to injuries and guys unable to back up.

I hear another double header this weekend also for us. Tough times but there is no other solution really.

boz-monaut
09-08-2022, 01:44 PM
the conditions that games are being played in during these last few weeks are much worse than earlier in the season

hopefully next La Nina year we'll see clubs stop being so precious with their grounds early on to avoid this sort of congestion

Charman
09-08-2022, 02:25 PM
the conditions that games are being played in during these last few weeks are much worse than earlier in the season

hopefully next La Nina year we'll see clubs stop being so precious with their grounds early on to avoid this sort of congestion

Hopefully by then many more teams will have grounds like National park no6. I doubt it though. As for Redhead we're hoping the lights on the 2nd oval will be complete for next season to give us reduced traffic on our only lights ground.

mge61
09-08-2022, 09:48 PM
Not sure what grade at Stevenson Park looks like Mayfield and Merewether. Lights were on at 6ish and then turned off and then on again at 7.30. Many visible puddles but let the games proceed. Should be more of it.

Yato
11-08-2022, 10:25 AM
It's ironic that the council close the grounds during the season due to 'safety concerns' when it rains, but NNSW are happy to re-schedule 6 games in 16 days for a bunch of 40 year olds.
Our 17 man squad is down to 11 fit players, and we are only at game 3 of 6.
I guess forfeits look better than complete round cancellations to some?
And yeah, the trashed fields we're playing on now are way worse than the washed out fields of earlier rounds, which says a lot as Round 4 games are being played this weekend!

travellingman
11-08-2022, 10:51 AM
It's ironic that the council close the grounds during the season due to 'safety concerns' when it rains, but NNSW are happy to re-schedule 6 games in 16 days for a bunch of 40 year olds.
And yeah, the trashed fields we're playing on now are way worse than the washed out fields of earlier rounds, which says a lot as Round 4 games are being played this weekend!

NNSW do not re-schedule community football competitions
They are controlled by Newcastle, Macquarie and Hunter Valley associations

The Hacker
11-08-2022, 03:18 PM

Let’s be serious at that age and that many games in that period there will be some serious injuries coming

Lichael Richards
12-08-2022, 06:34 PM

I'ts taken a while for many to notice our council are inept woke dullards and you voted them back in.

Congrats and enjoy the washouts.

Thomas477
12-08-2022, 09:52 PM
Newcastle still dragging out rescheduled matches. Got one from July 16 that still hasn’t been rescheduled.

Charman
15-08-2022, 12:39 PM
Liles oval (Redhead) is closed until Wednesday already. We're trying to have our match v Charlestown that was Tuesday 16-8 played Friday 19-8 instead as it has a bearing on the finals (for them). We were beat 0-5 by Cookers Friday night and it rain continuously. Ref warned about calling game off and there was another AA game straight after ours.
Ground was fooked. Saturday had 6 scheduled games, ref called it off after 13's and 14's played.

2ndclasscitizen
23-08-2022, 10:40 AM
Any one played at South Cardiff lately? Given the rain scheduled for the week what's the chances of matches getting away there on the weekend?

evolution
29-08-2022, 10:29 AM
Any idea when the schedule for the semis is going to come out?

VelkiKurac
29-08-2022, 10:55 AM
Any idea when the schedule for the semis is going to come out?

I think they have already.

evolution
29-08-2022, 10:59 AM
I think they have already.

I’ve see the zones have been allocated for each grade. Info might have been sent to the clubs but nothing on the game day app yet for when and where they’ll be.

VelkiKurac
29-08-2022, 11:14 AM
I’ve see the zones have been allocated for each grade. Info might have been sent to the clubs but nothing on the game day app yet for when and where they’ll be.
Yes I think clubs have them but nothing in game day

evolution
29-08-2022, 02:12 PM
Yes I think clubs have them but nothing in game day

Now up on game day FYI

2ndclasscitizen
29-08-2022, 02:13 PM
Hunter Valley association has put all of the grounds and times up for the finals they're hosting. Have seen some screenshots regarding Macquarie and Newcastle hosted matches but not sure if they were definitive as there was some double ups. Word is that everything will be locked in to GameDay with the actual teams on Thursday once matches are all finished.

Asdfg1234
03-09-2022, 05:11 PM
Any chance of washed out semi finals being replayed or will 1st and 2nd go straight through to the grand final?

2ndclasscitizen
03-09-2022, 06:16 PM
Any chance of washed out semi finals being replayed or will 1st and 2nd go straight through to the grand final?

1st and 2nd straight through. Did any semis get played today? Seems most of the Friday night matches were played

mge61
03-09-2022, 09:32 PM
I’ve heard teams were at Muswellbrook ready for AAC and refs called them off.

The Hacker
03-09-2022, 10:16 PM
I’ve heard teams were at Muswellbrook ready for AAC and refs called them off.

That’s stiff

j_tez
20-09-2022, 03:51 PM
Wondering if anyone knows the legality of playing for 2 different clubs in different associations? In the local regulations, Law C14 (https://macquariefootball.com.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2018/05/REGULATION-C-2018.pdf) says: "A Registered Player may be registered with one (1) Member Club ONLY". The wording "Member Club" to me implies a member of the Newcastle/Lake Mac/Hunter associations, but I suppose this could be a member of Football Australia.

Law C14 also references the Football Australia Regulations (https://www.footballaustralia.com.au/sites/ffa/files/2021-01/20-12%20-%20National%20Registration%2C%20Status%20and%20Tra nsfer%20Regulations%20%28Final%29.pdf) (Law 5.10), which state: "A Player can be registered with only one Club in each form of the game (such as eleven-a-side or futsal) at a time.". This wording is less ambiguous, so I wonder how strictly the Ntl/LM/HV laws adhere to this.

Furthermore, Central Coast Football have seceded from Football Australia. So in my opinion, signing for a club within CCF should have no bearing on what you can do within another FA-governed competition.

Interested to hear others' thoughts on the matter. Might be worth me emailing the powers that be.

Jardelsimage
20-09-2022, 04:30 PM
Wondering if anyone knows the legality of playing for 2 different clubs in different associations? In the local regulations, Law C14 (https://macquariefootball.com.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2018/05/REGULATION-C-2018.pdf) says: "A Registered Player may be registered with one (1) Member Club ONLY". The wording "Member Club" to me implies a member of the Newcastle/Lake Mac/Hunter associations, but I suppose this could be a member of Football Australia.

Law C14 also references the Football Australia Regulations (https://www.footballaustralia.com.au/sites/ffa/files/2021-01/20-12%20-%20National%20Registration%2C%20Status%20and%20Tra nsfer%20Regulations%20%28Final%29.pdf) (Law 5.10), which state: "A Player can be registered with only one Club in each form of the game (such as eleven-a-side or futsal) at a time.". This wording is less ambiguous, so I wonder how strictly the Ntl/LM/HV laws adhere to this.

Furthermore, Central Coast Football have seceded from Football Australia. So in my opinion, signing for a club within CCF should have no bearing on what you can do within another FA-governed competition.

Interested to hear others' thoughts on the matter. Might be worth me emailing the powers that be.

you can sign and play for two different clubs within Football Australia as per the MYfootball app at the same time.
You can sign for two clubs after deregistering from the previous club.

Good point about CCF, technically they are not part of the Football Australia.

sammydog
20-09-2022, 09:47 PM
you can sign and play for two different clubs within Football Australia as per the MYfootball app at the same time.
You can sign for two clubs after deregistering from the previous club.

Good point about CCF, technically they are not part of the Football Australia.

CCF are back under the umbrella of FA and FNSW.

I know in the past we have had girls playing community mixed football on a Saturday and then WPL for a different club on a Sunday. The WPL clubs put an end to that though (no issue from us), not sure of any rule changes. I assume this was allowed as one was a member of a Zone Club, and the other was a Premier Club under NNSW.

Jardelsimage
21-09-2022, 05:41 AM

I know in the past we have had girls playing community mixed football on a Saturday and then WPL for a different club on a Sunday. The WPL clubs put an end to that though (no issue from us), not sure of any rule changes. I assume this was allowed as one was a member of a Zone Club, and the other was a Premier Club under NNSW.

How long ago were you doing this, since MYfootball came in as the registration platform, you cant register for two teams, clubs at the same time.
If they do they must be altering the info provided, therefore telling a porky.

As registra we have had issues this year, trying to register a playing coming from Weston and then had trouble sending a player to Toronto, cant register for two clubs at the same time.

Thomas477
21-09-2022, 07:55 AM
It’s been possible in the past for people to play Churches and FFA football over the weekend, but there’s no issue as it’s really no different than playing indoor midweek.

Jardelsimage
21-09-2022, 08:37 AM
It’s been possible in the past for people to play Churches and FFA football over the weekend, but there’s no issue as it’s really no different than playing indoor midweek.

Churches comp is not ratified by Football Australia, i even think they have their own refs??

But the question old mate asked was/is about this year I'm thinking, if that's the case, the answer is no you can't and could be classed as a ring in?

We need more info, how about club that is/could be affected by this?

sammydog
21-09-2022, 08:54 AM
How long ago were you doing this, since MYfootball came in as the registration platform, you cant register for two teams, clubs at the same time.
If they do they must be altering the info provided, therefore telling a porky.

As registra we have had issues this year, trying to register a playing coming from Weston and then had trouble sending a player to Toronto, cant register for two clubs at the same time.

It would have been 5 years ago. I’d have to look it up to be sure.

I was always amazed it was allowed then. In the end the premier clubs wouldn’t allow it anyway.

You are 100% correct that the rego system won’t allow it now.

djjones
23-09-2022, 11:27 AM
For signing on as a member of nnsw or nsw football you can only sign for one club.
Within that competition as you well know there are many rules for which team you can fill within that club. eg O35sB cant fill-in for AAC etc.
You cant be signed for CCU NSWF and play for Swansea NNSW ZL.
In the old days mid (early 2000s) my club hoar mate played O35s fri and Sat AA with different clubs. This mostly helped keep a struggling fri night team alive. At a meeting we had to attend they changed the rules to not allow any more movement.
Many player have and still play churches footy as well as federation footy but with a huge friday night AA and 35s comp surely you can find enough games to play in the one club.

late_to_the_game
24-09-2022, 10:32 PM

NNSW Put an end to it. The WPL clubs were ok with it.

2ndclasscitizen
26-09-2022, 10:43 AM

Had the same issue with a player trying to join us after registering for another club. Couldn't do anything until the other club deregistered him.

Bull fighter
27-09-2022, 02:55 PM
Had the same issue with a player trying to join us after registering for another club. Couldn't do anything until the other club deregistered him.

Seen players get around it by changing their date of birth by one day. Had a player detected in a team I was coaching at semi final time as playing for 2 clubs, got a slap on the wrist and allowed to play in the final series as their other team didn't qualify for semis.

j_tez
27-09-2022, 03:59 PM
Churches comp is not ratified by Football Australia, i even think they have their own refs??

But the question old mate asked was/is about this year I'm thinking, if that's the case, the answer is no you can't and could be classed as a ring in?

We need more info, how about club that is/could be affected by this?

To clarify, I wasn't asking to try and figure out if someone has done something wrong recently, it was about me considering playing for 2 all age teams next year - Friday night with one group of mates in the local comp, and on Sundays with a different group of mates in the Central Coast comp.

Jardelsimage
27-09-2022, 05:06 PM
To clarify, I wasn't asking to try and figure out if someone has done something wrong recently, it was about me considering playing for 2 all age teams next year - Friday night with one group of mates in the local comp, and on Sundays with a different group of mates in the Central Coast comp.

well i think its a no then