PDA

View Full Version : Game I think 10

lquiquer
18-02-2022, 09:43 PM
It's not like we Playing bad....

belchardo
18-02-2022, 09:46 PM
Nope. I think we're playing alright. Disappointing to switch off 30s from half time and concede.

belchardo
18-02-2022, 09:58 PM
that wasn't good.

belchardo
18-02-2022, 09:59 PM
nor was that.

Jeterpool
18-02-2022, 10:03 PM
Nor was that

belchardo
18-02-2022, 10:06 PM
hmmm, this seems to be turning into something of a disaster night.

belchardo
18-02-2022, 10:10 PM
anybody got a mate that works in energy distribution in victoria...we could do with a blackout.

Jetmaster
18-02-2022, 10:12 PM
Final third is our problem. Getting a goal in front changes everything.

mic22
18-02-2022, 11:00 PM
Final third is our problem. Getting a goal in front changes everything.

I wish we only had one problem

The Dunster
18-02-2022, 11:02 PM
When city took Gus out it changed the game. He struggled the last few mins and then didn't return for the 2nd half.

Ingham let the cross in for the first goal and he failed to track back to defend against the 2nd.

Maybe it's a formation issue? But to me he seems to get caught in no man's land too often.

The positives are that we looked the dominant team for most of the 1st half.

With the roll of the green we aren't too far off beating the best teams.

The style is good and the commitment is there.

On to the next game.

My2BobsWorth
19-02-2022, 09:07 AM
Another wooden spoon performance, a lot of talk and hype but no substance.

Jetmaster
19-02-2022, 12:50 PM
I wish we only had one problem

Simple Pareto Principle. Fix that 20% cause and it will rectify 80% of the problems.

Despite what we are fed by the TV coverage, with their xGs and win probability crap, football is a simple game where only one stat matters (sorry Dave :wink:)

StannyCFCJET
19-02-2022, 02:08 PM
Another wooden spoon performance, a lot of talk and hype but no substance.

**** me, if we played like that in wooden spoon seasons we wouldn't have wooden spoon. Dominating the best team of the league for one half and should've scored then we lost a player and struggled but no where near a wooden spoon performance

19-02-2022, 03:06 PM
We just don't have a deep enough squad, Ingham and Grozos featuring so regularly tells us this.

No other A League club would afford them contracts. You can watch blokes run around in a NPL with three times there ability.

StannyCFCJET
19-02-2022, 04:57 PM
Ingham is actually good, at least at past clubs he was. Think he is still adapting to the way papas wants to play

mge61
19-02-2022, 07:30 PM
While ever Jason Hoffman is starting at left back we are going nowhere. The most consistently average player in the competition. Out of position, terrible touches and constant turnovers.

StannyCFCJET
19-02-2022, 08:29 PM
While ever Jason Hoffman is starting at left back we are going nowhere. The most consistently average player in the competition. Out of position, terrible touches and constant turnovers.

Why he struggles on the left everything else you said is nonsense. One of the most consistent aleague players

mic22
19-02-2022, 09:51 PM
Simple Pareto Principle. Fix that 20% cause and it will rectify 80% of the problems.

Despite what we are fed by the TV coverage, with their xGs and win probability crap, football is a simple game where only one stat matters (sorry Dave :wink:)

To fix that 20%, I think we need to fix midfield and defence.
I agree that stat is the only one that counts: we have conceded more goals than any other team, in less games than most. This says something.
Simple principle, but not an easy solution.

BP Super Dynamos
20-02-2022, 04:45 PM
How Matt Leckie has played for Australia is beyond me. He's barely a-league standard.

My2BobsWorth
20-02-2022, 07:38 PM
Hof is too old for chasing right wingers, Gus is not creative enough for mids, swap. Discus

StannyCFCJET
20-02-2022, 08:18 PM
Hof is too old for chasing right wingers, Gus is not creative enough for mids, swap. Discus

Gus is our best player easily

BP Super Dynamos
20-02-2022, 11:34 PM
Gus is great, Hoffy is done. I'm loving how far Thurgate has progressed over the last 2 seasons. Never thought much of the Hoff but he's always worked hard and been serviceable. Typical "Newy" but unfortunately he's no longer up to it

Mark325
21-02-2022, 11:01 AM
Questions have to be asked of Papas when it comes to Hoff staying on the pitch at LB. Either he doesn’t view Mauragis or Murnane as being better then Hoff or neither of them are up to scratch as far as fitness but I really don’t see how either of these could be the truth.

As far as Thurgate is concerned, I think it’s clear that this team falls apart the second Thurgate and O’Doherty aren’t in the centre of the pitch. They both click very well and I think both of them are quite key to this teams success

Bon
21-02-2022, 11:10 AM
Questions have to be asked of Papas when it comes to Hoff staying on the pitch at LB. Either he doesn’t view Mauragis or Murnane as being better then Hoff or neither of them are up to scratch as far as fitness but I really don’t see how either of these could be the truth.

As far as Thurgate is concerned, I think it’s clear that this team falls apart the second Thurgate and O’Doherty aren’t in the centre of the pitch. They both click very well and I think both of them are quite key to this teams success

Spot on!

Jeterpool
21-02-2022, 11:43 AM
Murnane is getting caught out positionally and defensively. He's either still coming to terms with the style of play OR he's more attacking-minded than he is defensive.

Mauragis is hopefully training to a point where he's pushing Papas for selection. His cameo the other day was fine.

Buddha
21-02-2022, 01:06 PM
Why he struggles on the left everything else you said is nonsense. One of the most consistent aleague players
Consistently below average.

Buddha
21-02-2022, 01:08 PM
Beka was getting extremely frustrated at Yuel's attempts to ruin everything in the final 3rd. The amount of times Yuel's touch killed any attacking play was nearing triple figures. His second touch is a Tackle.

Jetmaster
21-02-2022, 01:23 PM
Beka was getting extremely frustrated at Yuel's attempts to ruin everything in the final 3rd. The amount of times Yuel's touch killed any attacking play was nearing triple figures. His second touch is a Tackle.

This is a problem he needs to work on - always looks rushed and more often than not gets the ball caught under his feet. Raw talent won't be enough.

StannyCFCJET
21-02-2022, 02:05 PM

Yuel only really has one trick, If defenders read it he loses the ball nearly everytime he attacks, Needs to develop more variety to his attack

21-02-2022, 02:11 PM
Yuel only really has one trick, If defenders read it he loses the ball nearly everytime he attacks, Needs to develop more variety to his attack

Told you this around this time last season re Yuel, Glad too see you do come around and look forward to you getting there on Ingham.

MFKS
21-02-2022, 03:23 PM
Hard to start with where our problems lie

Our Keeper is poor. Our CDs are below par. Reegz does not look up to HAL standards these days and is a bizarre signing

Our Fullbacks are also poor.
This system we play we would improve out of sight if we actually had attacking threats in these roles. As much as that Gypo guy we last two seasons had issues in defence and attack we have gone backwards in these positions. Even his headless chicken style of play would pose a giant threat on the way we play

The bigger issue I see is our defence.
Elsey is HAL level plodder but not a good CD at this level. Jurman is slow and looks like he is getting by on experience rather than ability

Both are a massive downgrade on an ageing Boogaard and an ancient Topor

This needs sorting ASAP because we are giving away some soft goals

Mark325
21-02-2022, 03:38 PM
Hard to start with where our problems lie

Our Keeper is poor. Our CDs are below par. Reegz does not look up to HAL standards these days and is a bizarre signing

Our Fullbacks are also poor.
This system we play we would improve out of sight if we actually had attacking threats in these roles. As much as that Gypo guy we last two seasons had issues in defence and attack we have gone backwards in these positions. Even his headless chicken style of play would pose a giant threat on the way we play

The bigger issue I see is our defence.
Elsey is HAL level plodder but not a good CD at this level. Jurman is slow and looks like he is getting by on experience rather than ability

Both are a massive downgrade on an ageing Boogaard and an ancient Topor

This needs sorting ASAP because we are giving away some soft goals

I agree with all of this

Hoping Jurman is still injured because with Reegz out with a red we’re gonna have to resort to either Al-Taay or Warland who can finally get a longer time in the game and hopefully prove themselves

The Dunster
21-02-2022, 03:47 PM
The Hoff's effort and awareness is as good as anyone in the league. But he looks to be managing an injury at the moment and not physically where he wants to be.
I don't think he's finished - just needs to shake a few injury/fitness issues.

MFKS
21-02-2022, 04:52 PM
The Hoff's effort and awareness is as good as anyone in the league. But he looks to be managing an injury at the moment and not physically where he wants to be.
I don't think he's finished - just needs to shake a few injury/fitness issues.

He looks like he been playing injured for 2 years now though

I got no drama with us playing him at RB as he is defensively solid in this role but nowhere else in the team

Forgetting the aspects of everyone loves to the put shit on Hoff the reality is we can do a lot better than what he can offer us in his position and we really should be looking to upgrade

Alton
22-02-2022, 03:48 PM
He looks like he been playing injured for 2 years now though

I got no drama with us playing him at RB as he is defensively solid in this role but nowhere else in the team

Forgetting the aspects of everyone loves to the put shit on Hoff the reality is we can do a lot better than what he can offer us in his position and we really should be looking to upgrade

Where is Mauragis?