PDA

View Full Version : Fifa 13

Jeterpool
28-09-2012, 01:09 PM
What are people's thoughts so far?

I like the options and flexibility in the manager mode when dealing with player transfers. A good addition.

Shame to see the My Player section go, however.

Controls and movement are good. The real life touch is a great addition.

russjaybee
28-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Think it's more realistic with regard to player control etc as well.
Overall pretty good though frustrating, the changes have played perfectly in to the hands of players that like to get tricky and slow the game down.
I've always been about moving the ball constantly and I'm getting frustrated by players miss controlling or taking a heavy touch.

Shooting is a lot more realistic as well.

The whole interface is as bloated and slow as ever. Really wish they would ditch all this flashy animations and shit so that it could be a little more responsive.

WTB Heskey.

Jeterpool
28-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Think it's more realistic with regard to player control etc as well.
Overall pretty good though frustrating, the changes have played perfectly in to the hands of players that like to get tricky and slow the game down.
I've always been about moving the ball constantly and I'm getting frustrated by players miss controlling or taking a heavy touch.

Shooting is a lot more realistic as well.

The whole interface is as bloated and slow as ever. Really wish they would ditch all this flashy animations and shit so that it could be a little more responsive.

WTB Heskey.

I agree with the interface issues. They are sluggish and the pace at which the manager mode moves annoys me already.

parksey
28-09-2012, 04:30 PM
the game seems so quick.

GazFish35
28-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Had dinner last night with a bloke who works for Sony, who doesn't like 'soccer' but has been 'testing' fifa13 at work for a fortnight and he loves it.

He's adamant if you don't play connected to the net you are missing 80% of the game.
Data is updated every 12hrs, and in league mode if there is crowd trouble in real life, there will be crowd trouble on the game... Injuries IRL will effect players even if on the ball, he said he was running through on goal and the player hit the deck, got stretchered off with no-one around.... After a quick google sarch the player got injured in training, so when the data synced, the game knew he couldn't run.

I haven't had FIFA since FIFA 96 and don't play computer games.... Is all this a major new change? Or am I totally out of the loop.

Give me subbuteo anyday

russjaybee
28-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Having my first crack at FUT after being persuaded by mates, it's ok, though I prefer manager mode tbh. I'm waiting for the squad update to include Heskey then I'm having a crack with Jets. Pity it doesn't include the other asian leagues = no ACL.
WTB more real life stadia as well, should have at least one for each each league. Can't really imagine it would be that much work all things considered.

Injuries IRL will effect players even if on the ball, he said he was running through on goal and the player hit the deck, got stretchered off with no-one around.... After a quick google sarch the player got injured in training, so when the data synced, the game knew he couldn't run.

This kinda shiz pisses me off and is very "NBA", they have live seasons where every players form is relative to how they are playing in the real world.

I like having my own universe in manager mode.

Bremsstrahlung
28-09-2012, 05:37 PM
I like having my own universe in manager mode.

This. 2 options would be nice.

Still playing the demo, haven't had a chance to get to the shops. That's tomorrow's job haha. Worth it? Improved on Fifa 12?

Captain Oblivious
28-09-2012, 06:51 PM
PES is far better

Bremsstrahlung
28-09-2012, 07:17 PM
I haven't had PES for some time now. I did enjoy the gameplay a bit better than FIFA, seemed more realistic. But the Licensing of FIFA makes it a winner in my books. No fun playing with Merseyside, London City etc.

militiamon
28-09-2012, 08:53 PM
I started a new Master League campaign in PES the other day.

PES 2011 that is.

On the Wii.

Grimario
28-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Picked it up last night, going to getstuck in to it over the weekend.

Anyone have it on xbox?

Bremsstrahlung
28-09-2012, 10:21 PM
I'll be getting it on xbox.

parksey
28-09-2012, 10:23 PM
PES 2013 is actually pretty good.

Superdylan
28-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Going well got it for $69 at dick smiths :)

Agree the ball control is great

Grimario
28-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Going well got it for $69 at dick smiths :)

Agree the ball control is great

Traded in a bunch of Wii games I haven't played in years and price matched at eb, same price. Woop.

Also had enough left to buy some headphones.

Going to play a shed load of clubs this weekend.

Superdylan
28-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Traded in a bunch of Wii games I haven't played in years and price matched at eb, same price. Woop.

Also had enough left to buy some headphones.

Going to play a shed load of clubs this weekend.

Good idea, dick smiths was selling fifa 12 for $60, not sure how much I would have got had I done a trade in.

Thomas477
28-09-2012, 11:33 PM
PES 2013 is actually pretty good.

Played the demo and it was pretty good. Only issue was that every shot went dead straight for me, whereas in FIFA it does tip and curve a bit more. Unless Ronaldo hits it, then all bets are off, FFS.

Also, what are everyone's thoughts on the special covers? I think they're a good idea to help increase sales.

Leyton Orient (Npower League 1)

Tottenham Hotspurs

parksey
29-09-2012, 01:22 AM
This game is more annoying than enjoyable. Every cpu team plays like Barcelona and the game speed is just crazily fast for whatever reason. It seems like the developers focused on working inconsistent touches into the game in an attempt to make it more realistic (in reality, it's just plain infuriating) and forgot to make the game actually close to real life football.

Grimario
29-09-2012, 02:45 AM
Who players CPU teams? 90% of this game is about online, if you are playing offline against CPU, you are doing it wrong.

Bremsstrahlung
01-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Newcastle United. Honestly, play some through balls to Ba and Cisse, easy shit. I got destroyed the first few games by them. Decided to play with them, easily dominated 90% of games. Shit method to win though. Keeper can pump long balls and they run onto them.

Played a bit with Liverpool, Borrussia so far. Good to play the ball around with.

One thing i have noticed is that its harder to win tackles. 80% of the time, you tackle the ball to one of their players, or another of your teammates who's first touch is shit and gives it straight back to them. Refereeing has improved. I also think it's easier to score this year from distance. Previously, having a shot from outside the 18 was a 1 in 100 chance. Now its like, 1 in 20.

q-money
01-10-2012, 11:45 PM
FIFA peaked at rtwc '98, when it had the professional foul and dive button.

plus I am too old to be good at video games these days, unless it is thrasher or counterstrike or super street fighter 2

Mitchy
02-10-2012, 01:00 AM
counterstrike :cool:

parksey
02-10-2012, 01:55 AM
career mode is sending me to an early grave

pastor399
02-10-2012, 09:21 AM
career mode is sending me to an early grave

it started out fine, played on season and was enjoying it, but that was in a shit league, got a better team in second season, and it is just infuriating how easy the opposition find it to play the ball around, because your own AI defence does not even know how to stick close to the guy they are marking, telling the team to use 'High Pressure' does nothing but move the defensive line forward 10m

Grimario
02-10-2012, 01:07 PM
FIFA peaked at rtwc '98, when it had the professional foul and dive button.

plus I am too old to be good at video games these days, unless it is thrasher or counterstrike or super street fighter 2

If it weren't for that game, I would still be a rugby league bogan and would never have fell in love with football. RTWC, brilliant.

russjaybee
02-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Ok I gave this game a decent workout over the weekend, building up a frenchy FUT squad and playing the CPU based tournaments you can play to learn the game and earn coin.

Really enjoying it more as I learn how to play. The general game play has changed a lot, for the better imo as well.

I find that now you can't just sprint on to balls etc, the ball movement is much quicker and the passing is much sharper.

Ball movement, whether it be passing or shooting is much better and the amount of different styled passes is heaps better as well, makes the game look and play slick.

I find my self at lot less frustrated with the movement of other CPU players around me. EG Previously when the ball was hoofed long to one of your CB's you would often have the wide back coming in running towards you, this frustrated the shit out of me.

Generally I'm enjoying the game heaps!

Grimario
02-10-2012, 01:42 PM
I gave Pro Clubs a decent workout on the weekend... ugh.

Was a GK last year and was immense but this year I don't know if it was the few drinks I had or the wee hours of the morning but I absolutely sucked at it. Don't know if the controls have changed heaps but my pro just did stupid things that I didn't seem to be able to control.

Worst example was a massively overhit lofted through ball that was going to land just outside the 6yd box, slightly left of centre. Moved my guy out there in position for an easy, completely unopposed catch... and he punched it out to the oncoming striker, 15 yards outside the box and off to the right who shot it straight in to the open net. I mean wtf, really.

Also a bunch of stupid things that may or may not be my fault... clearly diving in the right direction for a shot but no use of the arms, essentially just falls over and watches the ball trickle past his head. Same thing happened with a shot from distance that was straight AT me, instead of it hitting him, he fell over backwards, Matrix style with arms flapping as if he was avoiding the fecking thing.

Played the last dozen or so games as LB, much more comfortable there, got a few assists. No more GK, I think :(

russjaybee
02-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Maybe it's just because you're starting of with really avg stats or something? Seems strange.

Yeh I played some Pro Clubs as well, lots of fun! Though a little laggy at times and so many dirty hogs. Played a few games at RB and CM, good fun!

Jetmaster
03-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Give me subbuteo anyday

This ^^^......close thread.

Jeterpool
11-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Playing with the Jets last night on FIFA, the crowd started booing everytime Zad got the ball playing Sydney FC. Tyler then comes on to say "Oh its apparent the crowd don't like this player" or something like that.

Very very good. Waiting to play the Gypos and see if Hutcho cops the same treatement.

Grimario
11-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Turns out I might not be really shit at the game, just that my connection is rubbish and the huge lag I experience in clubs games is actually an issue :(

evolution
11-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Playing with the Jets last night on FIFA, the crowd started booing everytime Zad got the ball playing Sydney FC. Tyler then comes on to say "Oh its apparent the crowd don't like this player" or something like that.

Very very good. Waiting to play the Gypos and see if Hutcho cops the same treatement.

This also happens when weak ankles Bridge gets the ball when playing in Newy. Awesome.

pv4
11-10-2012, 01:29 PM
can't wait for the day when you see managers/assistant managers get up and yell abuse from the sidelines - the boos for craig deans are going to be terrific.

Jeterpool
11-10-2012, 02:28 PM
This also happens when weak ankles Bridge gets the ball when playing in Newy. Awesome.

Didn't know that. He never gets game time :lulz:

MFKS
11-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Does the game have a rousing rendition of Heskey's bitch every time Eugene gets the ball for Adelaide if not a patch is required to fix for accuracy??

Grimario
11-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Heskey isn't even in the game so sadly, there is no rendition. I am pretty sure you should be able to put in a custom chant though, that is part and parcel of the whole experience of FIFA.

NUGUNS
12-10-2012, 05:46 PM
First touch is really random.

I've scored alot of goals from crossing it and the defenders from the other team first touching it terribly into their own net.

Impact engine is pretty much the same although it affects the ball physics rather differently to 2012.

ps The only reason to play FIFA is to watch Impact Engine fails.

Grimario
12-10-2012, 05:55 PM
First touch is only rubbish if you aren't pressing LT or LB or L1 or L2 (whichever one it is and relevant to your system).

NUGUNS
12-10-2012, 06:00 PM
First touch is only rubbish if you aren't pressing LT or LB or L1 or L2 (whichever one it is and relevant to your system).

It was worse in the demo but in saying that, when vsing some of the better people in the country you have to risk the touch or your won't get anywhere or any opportunities.

russjaybee
15-10-2012, 01:10 PM
I have no problems with the first touch, it's much better now. Previously it was a bit ridic how you could smash the ball around and every player would magically control it perfectly on the burst etc.

FUT is the bomb also.

Grimario
15-10-2012, 05:08 PM
I have no problems with the first touch, it's much better now. Previously it was a bit ridic how you could smash the ball around and every player would magically control it perfectly on the burst etc.

FUT is the bomb also.

Yeah, first touch feels a bit more real. You can stop them dead as well but have to be standing perfectly still which obviously isn't a great idea in most online encounters or against high level AI offline.

Played a bunch more Pro Clubs on the weekend, this time in drop in matches where my latency wasn't awful. A couple of MoM awards and some clean sheets when playing in goals, so clearly I am not absolutely terrible at this and the lag just ruins me when playing in my UK based Pro Clubs team :(

Thomas477
27-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Heskey update available.

Only 66 OVR. Disgrace when Ono is 75 and ADP is 82.

Bremsstrahlung
11-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Does anyone have the same problem where the ball is invisible?

Jeterpool
11-11-2012, 10:15 PM
No. But mine glitches a fair but and the latest update list Heskey, Ono, del Piero and Culina.

Really buggy this year I've found and menu is slow and unresponsive.

russjaybee
12-11-2012, 11:53 AM
YES. I've had the invisible ball once.

I've also had my strip go to this crazy fluro green / orange glitch with no texture or shadowing ANNNND my ****ing commentary has been missing for like 2 weeks now.

HESKEY'S IN NOW? Brb jets manager mode.

Grimario
12-11-2012, 12:01 PM
I started a new VP career game as a striker (in lieu of Heskey) only to find him in game. So I started a new game as an attacking midfielder and then forgot to choose updated squads... got 3 games in before I realised and couldn't be arsed restarting. Now into season 2, have moved to AC Milan so Jerks? Who cares, amirite? :gent:

russjaybee
12-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Disc race Grim. I'm going to manager heskey's jets to the top and get the golden boot while I'm at it.
Pity there's no ACL :(

weston
12-11-2012, 11:23 PM
I think this version is great.... only thing that really pisses me off beyond no end is when the centre backs get the ball and pass it back and forth to eachother..... pisses me right off.....

anyone wanna play me on ps3 than give it a go... mad-mat-23

russjaybee
13-11-2012, 10:30 AM
I've been a bit up and down of late in FUT.
Yesterday bought Jets strips and jets emblem for my team FC Novocastria, boss.

Went straight up the divisions to div 1, had a great season losing 1 game but drawing too many and narrowly missed out on winning the division.
Went back in to div 2 and made it back up to div 1 where I played it through poorly and avoided relegation.

Had a hard time last night, beat one bloke but then got a couple of lessons from decent players with really strong BS teams. So frustrating, makes me hate the game.

http://www.ea.com/intl/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#10Y5IF6ZnH6mi:ps3

Chadandkira12
14-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Heskey update available.

Only 66 OVR. Disgrace when Ono is 75 and ADP is 82.

I just did the download updated squads d still n heskey Ono or adp

Thomas477
14-11-2012, 12:13 PM

Was only going by what EA Sports Australia announced.

I don't have them either, but I'm running a NTSC/US version of the game.

Jeterpool
14-11-2012, 12:42 PM

See my post above. I had them in the game but downloaded the latest update and now they are gone - but Grella appears which is strange. Have reset squads and downloaded again and still nothing.

This is serious people - they put Jesic starting up from in Emile's place FFS!

Still no resolution - tried sending a post to EA sports but nothing came of that. No idea where else to go.

weston
14-11-2012, 06:45 PM
How do you download clubs so you can play with Heskey and friends in career mode?

I seem to be only able to get them on EAS Match Day

Jeterpool
15-11-2012, 09:23 AM
How do you download clubs so you can play with Heskey and friends in career mode?

I seem to be only able to get them on EAS Match Day

Go to Customise Fifa>Edit Teams>Download Latest Squads or something like that

Chadandkira12
15-11-2012, 09:45 AM
The part that gets me is that Nash is in the squad but no heskey

Jeterpool
15-11-2012, 09:49 AM
The part that gets me is that Nash is in the squad but no heskey

Yep - they've screwed up for sure...

weston
15-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Heskey was gone for me last night as well :'( ........ might go get Fifa 12 back.... that way at least i can transfer him in.

pv4
14-12-2012, 02:44 PM
where can i get this for ps3 the cheapest, anyone know?

Jeterpool
14-12-2012, 03:58 PM
Saw it in a catalogue cheap at Big W or Target - something like $59

Grimario
14-12-2012, 08:12 PM
That's cheap? I paid $63 on release day...

Overseas import is probably your cheapest option

Jeterpool
14-12-2012, 08:59 PM
That's cheap? I paid $63 on release day...

Overseas import is probably your cheapest option

Usually $89 so yeah. Gets released cheap, goes up then drops for chrissy

pv4
27-12-2012, 12:00 PM
anyone keen to make a proclub on ps3?

Grimario
27-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Buy me a PS3 and the game and I am in.

Part of me is wishing I had bought a PS3 instead of the 360 few years back... the online for 360 is non-existent compared to the PS3 :(

pv4
27-12-2012, 12:23 PM
never really understood the whole xbox craze, especially for football fans who game. they've spent their whole gaming life playing fifa on a playstation-only, but regardless of knowing that an xbox they will buy is going to red-ring-die eventually, they still decide to switch to an xbox for the sole reason of playing halo.

playing blurays & staying loyal to ps >>>>>> halo + red ring of death

Grimario
27-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Apart from my Atari 2600, was my first console purchase so don't have the history of gaming on anything other than PC.

The other shit that the 360 enables me to do (like shunt the wife off to the lounge room to watch the latest crap British period drama on iView) while I play games on the PC is an unexpected upside.

pv4
27-12-2012, 12:29 PM
corrie street >>>>>>> fifa

Bremsstrahlung
27-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Buy me a PS3 and the game and I am in.

Part of me is wishing I had bought a PS3 instead of the 360 few years back... the online for 360 is non-existent compared to the PS3 :(

This.

5 or so mates had Xbox 360s when I chose to upgrade from my PS2. They all used to play eachother in the 12-18 months leading up to my purchase so i kind of wanted to get involved with that. 2 got PS3s that Xmas.

Regretting that decision now.
1. Finding a lag-free game of FIFA on xbox live is a nightmare
2. Paying for online network
3. having a poor online networking system (Xbox groups people seemingly randomly). PS3 groups closer, e.g people will play Australians 90% of the time if playing at a reasonable time. Whereas the probability of playing an Australian with Xbox is lower. This results in poor connections on Xbox. and yeh, everyone seems to have an PS3 now.

Oh well. Will wait til next generation now.

weston
24-02-2013, 12:50 AM
Everyone remember remember Del Pierro's first goal in the a-league... a few days after that he pretty well did the same thing to me....

http://www.ea.com/au/football/videos/ugc/152186014

It's taken me this long to realise where i find my uploads once i upload them to the EA website..... god i'm fast... all i had to do was ask and 15 minutes later....