PDA

View Full Version : 2012-13 NBN and NEW FM Rumours and player movements thread

Pages : [1] 2

boz-monaut
01-09-2012, 11:12 AM
use this thread for posting rumours and players movements for the 2012/13 off season

be careful though as the rules on not being a dickhead still apply

Bremsstrahlung
10-09-2012, 08:17 PM
James foggarty + Abe wheelhouse signed for Jaffas apparently. (Newcastle herald)

seldom
11-09-2012, 05:56 PM
James foggarty + Abe wheelhouse signed for Jaffas apparently. (Newcastle herald)

Haynes ?

Sideline
11-09-2012, 09:12 PM

what clubs did these boys sign from ? are they good signings ??
cheers

pv4
11-09-2012, 09:30 PM
both from jets youth.

fogarty is a terrific keeper, and a top bloke.

Youaskedforit
12-09-2012, 09:26 AM
both from jets youth.

fogarty is a terrific keeper, and a top bloke.

Ill second that, and of course once a stag ;), behind Wade Perram from memory.

magician
12-09-2012, 07:23 PM
any other confirmed signings! Looks like shane paul maybe joining his old man at bel swans

pv4
12-09-2012, 07:28 PM
the herald today said magic signed Brady Parker (former lakes striker) for next season. most wicked left foot I've seen in the comp.

seldom
13-09-2012, 02:18 AM
good signing...there were a few clubs chasing him. Have heard magic losing a couple

shagga
13-09-2012, 08:33 AM
Jim Foley to Edgeworth to run their youth program and taking a heap of young players with him? That's the mail.

pv4
13-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Jim Foley to Edgeworth to run their youth program and taking a heap of young players with him? That's the mail.

have heard likewise

plague
13-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Edit: Mods took care of biz.

boz-monaut
13-09-2012, 10:52 AM
user given a day off

please mind the garbage in this forum or the bans will be longer

furns
13-09-2012, 10:59 AM
cant say he hadnt been warned. He already copped an infraction less than two weeks ago.

cobra23
13-09-2012, 12:57 PM
the herald today said magic signed Brady Parker (former lakes striker) for next season. most wicked left foot I've seen in the comp.

So if magic have signed him, if i was a coach at a club i will be on the phone to the other 4 quality strikers they already have,
Peter Haynes
Chris Berlin
Hakan Canli
Rhys Tippet

Where will Parker play?

pv4
13-09-2012, 01:10 PM
man city effect - sign everyone, figure out details later.

seldom
13-09-2012, 02:07 PM
I think you'll find at least 1 of those strikers is already gone

nbnjet
13-09-2012, 02:26 PM
So if magic have signed him, if i was a coach at a club i will be on the phone to the other 4 quality strikers they already have,
Peter Haynes
Chris Berlin
Hakan Canli
Rhys Tippet

Where will Parker play?

You have hit the nail on the head as to what makes Magic a strong club and that is that they have very little player turnover. From reading the Herald it appears that they will retain their squad. I think you will find clubs have been calling many of their players all year long but to no avail. I often think what they would be doing if they hadn't lost 5 or 6 players to the Jets Youth team...

nbnjet
13-09-2012, 02:28 PM
man city effect - sign everyone, figure out details later.

They have confirmed 1 player gone, and another one possibly to go. They have signed 1 new player. Not quite a mass sign on problem to sort out later!

nbnjet
13-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Can anyone confirm Jaffas squad for next year?

cobra23
13-09-2012, 02:36 PM
They have confirmed 1 player gone, and another one possibly to go. They have signed 1 new player. Not quite a mass sign on problem to sort out later!

Who are the players that are going,
Im talking just the 5 strikers they have now including parker, i have no heard of any movement from them.

Sideline
13-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Can anyone confirm Jaffas squad for next year?

im hearing a few players have resigned have heard a few of there players will be leaving. i think they have lost there key midfielder, central defender and goalie to work comitments

Bremsstrahlung
13-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Jim Foley to Edgeworth is a massive signing. May mean Edgy actually have to develop some juniors.

nbnjet
13-09-2012, 07:32 PM
good signing...there were a few clubs chasing him. Have heard magic losing a couple

Who?

nbnjet
13-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Who are the players that are going,
Im talking just the 5 strikers they have now including parker, i have no heard of any movement from them.

As per the NH, no rumor mill here, Virgilli said the following:

"All of our players have been approached one way or the other by other clubs," Virgili said.

"But I will probably lose only one player, Shane Paul, at this stage, but I've got to have another chat with him."

He said Magic may also lose Scott Pettit, who scored twice in the decider, to a club in Asia as he looks to further his career.

Be interesting to see exactly what the team line up looks like next year.

nbnjet
13-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Any confirmed player movements at Hamilton?

nbnjet
13-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Jim Foley to Edgeworth is a massive signing. May mean Edgy actually have to develop some juniors.

Why would a coach just grab a whole team and transplant himself at another club? This situation does not seem right.

nbnjet
13-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Was Jim Foley recently banned from attending Football games?

Bremsstrahlung
13-09-2012, 09:41 PM
According to a Newcastle Herald article a while ago**:

At the one of Charlestown's general meetings, (which was open to ALL members), something like 100 people turned up. From the tone of the herbald and further comments it seemed a high % of these had previously never attended a meeting. But, somebody proposed that Tull and another committee member (possibly president)* be fired/stood down/relieved of duties. The motion was carried 95-5 or some ridiculously high count. Tull was seeking legal action and considered the vote/meeting was not constitutional. In the article it mentions the reason for this was that Foley had been stood down as U/15s coach/youth development role. Parents weren't happy and wanted Tull/President* (maybe) out, so attended meeting and voted. Tull made a comment in the article that he had actually given Foley the U/19s team to coach and that he would still be coaching at the club.
And yes, in the last paragraph of the article it mentioned Foley had been suspended for bringing the game into disrepute.

*I'm not 100% sure what title the other committee member held off the top of my head. But it was definitely Tull and another.
** All this information was paraphrased from an article in the Newcastle Herald.

pv4
13-09-2012, 09:59 PM
from what I understand about it all, from rumours & past experience - anyone that's worked under foley know he's uniquely brilliant. he's not everyone's cup of tea, but his coaching ability is unquestionable. he obviously gains a bit of friction along with praise from different people wherever he goes.

from what I understand on this issue, I've been told he basically had a Kevin muscat/John kosmina sideline moment with a kid from another team, and people are creating a huge uproar about him facing up against a young teenager. what actually happened, I don't know, but I believe this push to get him out of the club was brought to a head after this incident.

from what I hear, the majority of his team will follow jim to wherever he goes - and with the level of coaching they get from
him at such a young age I'm not surprised. so I guess charly are looking a forcing a bloke out that will take a whole bunch of youth with him, and there's divided opinion on whether that should or shouldn't happen.

seldom
13-09-2012, 10:26 PM
unique...yes

brilliant...debatable

13-09-2012, 10:27 PM
I find that extrordinary pv4 and if as you say is true then sadly there are some real double standards existing at that club. As previously mentioned by me in this thread some of the comments directed to opposition players in the under 14's GF by parents was very distasteful and immature.

nbnjet
13-09-2012, 11:39 PM
I find that extrordinary pv4 and if as you say is true then sadly there are some real double standards existing at that club. As previously mentioned by me in this thread some of the comments directed to opposition players in the under 14's GF by parents was very distasteful and immature.

Parents are a reflection on their respective clubs. Abusive parents, coaches, committee members, should all be dealt a hard hand by their respective clubs, and if it's shown the clubs care not to do anything about these types of people then the Fed should step in. I think it's becoming all to common for abuse and unsportsmanship to be tolerated. This is not what we should be teaching our youth. Further when team officials, especially coaches, find it necessary to remonstrate with officials, players, refs, etc, they need to held to a much higher standard. Also the coach can bring better standards from the parents too...

MFKS
14-09-2012, 12:03 AM

At the one of Charlestown's general meetings, (which was open to ALL members), something like 100 people turned up. From the tone of the herbald and further comments it seemed a high % of these had previously never attended a meeting. But, somebody proposed that Tull and another committee member (possibly president)* be fired/stood down/relieved of duties. The motion was carried 95-5 or some ridiculously high count. Tull was seeking legal action and considered the vote/meeting was not constitutional. In the article it mentions the reason for this was that Foley had been stood down as U/15s coach/youth development role. Parents weren't happy and wanted Tull/President* (maybe) out, so attended meeting and voted. Tull made a comment in the article that he had actually given Foley the U/19s team to coach and that he would still be coaching at the club.
And yes, in the last paragraph of the article it mentioned Foley had been suspended for bringing the game into disrepute.

*I'm not 100% sure what title the other committee member held off the top of my head. But it was definitely Tull and another.
** All this information was paraphrased from an article in the Newcastle Herald.

You have got to wonder what the motives are for people who challenge things as being unconstitutional and wish to dig in when a motion is carried by 95 -5 to get rid of someone. At the end of the day joining a committee at any level or any sport should be about doing the right thing by your constituents ie your members. When they feel that strongly that they want rid of you and wish to go in another direction why stick around???

After all most of the time members couldn't give too hoots about the committees activities other than to bitch about anything they don't agree with and half the time don't care to understand the reasoning behind stuff and keep reelecting the incumbents coz it avoids finding someone else to do the job. When they turn up on mass it usually means something is incredibly stuffed up.

Why in gods name would you want to stick around?? Seems like the committee members think it is all about them

Thomas477
14-09-2012, 12:45 AM

Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules in saying that the second bloke was Steve Wright, club secretary. I know Steve and he seems to me that he isn't one to back down quietly, so I don't think we've heard the last of it. It was only his first season with the Blues, having jumped from the Junior Jaffas end of last year.

Sauce: http://newsstore.fairfax.com.au/apps/viewDocument.ac;jsessionid=2A504ED4A873013AC4144D9 13B53CE5C?sy=afr&pb=all_ffx&dt=selectRange&dr=1month&so=relevance&sf=text&sf=headline&rc=10&rm=200&sp=brs&cls=18346&clsPage=1&docID=NCH120825DI7PA2IUKSH

But as someone else made the point, if you're on the committee you have to work for the constituents and if they don't feel like you're up to the jump, it's their right to vote you out.

seldom
14-09-2012, 12:56 AM
mmmmm... won't comment on that guy as per infraction notice

Zico
14-09-2012, 07:51 AM
mmmmm... won't comment on that guy as per infraction notice
You have just said what you wanted to say without saying it so why bother trying to hide?

GO AWAY
14-09-2012, 09:45 AM

So all of a sudden a hardworking committee of five or so, turns in to a committee of 100 people who all of a sudden give a shit ? Would be full of parents who stand on the sideline and do nothing but whinge that the drinks are hot, or sausage sandwich not cooked enough but are the first to run when asked to stand behind a bbq or work in a canteen.

Now they have had their vote, and got rid of the hardworkers, they do the bolt to another club ?

Lets hope we see them behind the bbq"s and in the canteens, or chasing players at whichever club they decide is best for their kids future, as im sure we will ....NOT.

Tully and Azzuri have long been associated with holding their juniors through to senior ranks and first grade. i hope this infighting doesnt damage this great club too much....

Grunta
14-09-2012, 09:54 AM
I find it amazing that the their constitution allows for the number people being talked about are able to rock up and be allowed to vote.

Not interested in the issue but to have a set up were 100 people can come in and railroad a decision would indicate an issue with governance.

What happens next meeting? Do 100 peopel with opposite views come in and change the decision. Note: Exagerating about numbers.

Youaskedforit
14-09-2012, 09:54 AM

Wont it mean theyll inherit juniors ?

Youaskedforit
14-09-2012, 10:18 AM

I was working at Finnan that day, and didnt hear much wrong to tell you the truth, but i could be wrong.

nbnjet
14-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Wont it mean theyll inherit juniors ?

Yes it does. Im wondering whether the Fed may have some issues with this? It goes against what they are trying to build within the clubs.

Im assuming that these coaching/development positions are not voluntary, that is people are usually remunerated for their coaching and development roles.

nbnjet
14-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung

Do we know why he was stood down as coach?

Also shows what happens clubs try to build a youth structure with people who are not committed to the club. I dont know if i would be comfortable to take my children from club to club because i believe that the strength of a junior club is a pathway to the first team whether my kids make it or not. Man in the UK you join a team for life!!! This is what builds passion and commitment for your football club. I just dont see this idea that we lift a team roots and all and transfer it to another club. Not a good club building exercise.

nbnjet
14-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules in saying that the second bloke was Steve Wright, club secretary. I know Steve and he seems to me that he isn't one to back down quietly, so I don't think we've heard the last of it. It was only his first season with the Blues, having jumped from the Junior Jaffas end of last year.

Sauce: http://newsstore.fairfax.com.au/apps/viewDocument.ac;jsessionid=2A504ED4A873013AC4144D9 13B53CE5C?sy=afr&pb=all_ffx&dt=selectRange&dr=1month&so=relevance&sf=text&sf=headline&rc=10&rm=200&sp=brs&cls=18346&clsPage=1&docID=NCH120825DI7PA2IUKSH

But as someone else made the point, if you're on the committee you have to work for the constituents and if they don't feel like you're up to the jump, it's their right to vote you out.

Cant break rules if it is fact, or reported elsewhere...

nbnjet
14-09-2012, 10:34 AM
from what I understand about it all, from rumours & past experience - anyone that's worked under foley know he's uniquely brilliant. he's not everyone's cup of tea, but his coaching ability is unquestionable. he obviously gains a bit of friction along with praise from different people wherever he goes.

from what I understand on this issue, I've been told he basically had a Kevin muscat/John kosmina sideline moment with a kid from another team, and people are creating a huge uproar about him facing up against a young teenager. what actually happened, I don't know, but I believe this push to get him out of the club was brought to a head after this incident.

from what I hear, the majority of his team will follow jim to wherever he goes - and with the level of coaching they get from
him at such a young age I'm not surprised. so I guess charly are looking a forcing a bloke out that will take a whole bunch of youth with him, and there's divided opinion on whether that should or shouldn't happen.

If you received a ban from attending matches say for two weeks imposed by your relevant FED/ASS, and you attended a match, you would be open to further bans wouldnt you? Some might even say that you may have your credentials taken from you for an extended period of time right? Interesting times.

Thomas477
14-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Cant break rules if it is fact, or reported elsewhere...

Yeh, but I didn't want to cause any more shit, thats all :whistling:

Can't be ****ed dealing with the fallout :P

seldom
14-09-2012, 02:35 PM
You have just said what you wanted to say without saying it

that was the idea

Zico
14-09-2012, 08:42 PM
that was the idea
If you are going to quote me then quote my full post.

seldom
14-09-2012, 10:57 PM
If you are going to quote me then quote my full post.

quoted the part I understood. didn't really get the hiding part. just trying to have a little dig without the foz getting shut down.

15-09-2012, 01:21 PM
I was working at Finnan that day, and didnt hear much wrong to tell you the truth, but i could be wrong.

No your quite right Yousaskedforit the vast majority during that game were excellent and i think both sets of parents appreciated and enjoyed the real battles those two teams went at each other with during the season and finals. Just the usual, a minority.

Been a while since i was out at those grounds and was really surprised at the improvement around the place, the Toronto club certainly put on a great and well organised day.

fan atic
16-09-2012, 12:09 AM
Do we know why he was stood down as coach?

Also shows what happens clubs try to build a youth structure with people who are not committed to the club. I dont know if i would be comfortable to take my children from club to club because i believe that the strength of a junior club is a pathway to the first team whether my kids make it or not. Man in the UK you join a team for life!!! This is what builds passion and commitment for your football club. I just dont see this idea that we lift a team roots and all and transfer it to another club. Not a good club building exercise.

How come every club that Jim Foley has been too have got rid of him?
He has always has the best players to coach and anyone with any football idea would be able to win a comp with them.
I know he only lasted 3 weeks at Magic, he has his diciples that think he is god, they are brainwashed

magician
18-09-2012, 06:06 AM
Apparently Swan brothers back to olympic

Zico
18-09-2012, 07:24 AM
Any news on player movements for 2013?

cobra23
18-09-2012, 11:04 AM
I heard Daniel Casciaroli is signing with magic,
Brady Parker has signed,

Losses,
Chris Berlin to Belswans or Adamstown
Shane Paul to Belswans
John bennis to year off
Scott pettit to overseas club
Shannon mangovksi to year off
Rhys Tippet back to weston

Can someone confirm,

supasub
18-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Any news on player movements for 2013?

Shane Paul to Belswans

Only rumors..

Zico
18-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Shane Paul to Belswans

Only rumors..
Both big players that will make Belswans a strong side for next season.

Cabaye#4
21-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Apparently Swan brothers back to olympic

id b surprised if they didnt sign for charlestown if they're back from their overseas travels

shagga
21-09-2012, 11:47 PM
id b surprised if they didnt sign for charlestown if they're back from their overseas travels

There Father, Swanny is at Olympic, why wouldn't they go back there?

Does anyone know anything about the new amalgamated Club playing NBN next year call the Edgeworth City Blues???

Retro Jet
22-09-2012, 12:27 AM

Does anyone know anything about the new amalgamated Club playing NBN next year call the Edgeworth City Blues???

With the Charlestown/Azzurri amalgamation, that'd make it 3 clubs rolled into 1, wouldn't it? (If true...)

seldom
22-09-2012, 12:31 AM
I think he may be trying to be sarcastic re foley going there and taking the juniors with him

Youaskedforit
22-09-2012, 12:15 PM

Will that mean ccb can go back to being good old highfields azzuri ?

ForeverRed
22-09-2012, 01:14 PM

and there brother Greg (swanny look alike) anderson

supasub
24-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Will that mean ccb can go back to being good old highfields azzuri ?

Do you seriously not realize when sarcasum is used..... -.-

LINGERA
24-09-2012, 02:21 PM
nek minnit hel realize u spelt it wrong

goaliepersempre
25-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Thornton have signed Daryl McAlister as 1st grade coach for 2013/

Youaskedforit
25-09-2012, 12:15 PM

Great pickup for you"s, will bring some players as he did at Toronto Awaba last year... well done.

Youaskedforit
25-09-2012, 12:28 PM
With Adamstown and Maitland being there usual strong self, maybe belswans will be up there challenging, with cessnock, thornton and toronto trying for fourth spot ?

magician
26-09-2012, 01:05 AM

he is slowly falling down the ladder in the form of coaching quality teams! Where will he be next yr Zone 1

Youaskedforit
26-09-2012, 02:16 AM
he is slowly falling down the ladder in the form of coaching quality teams! Where will he

be next yr Zone 1

thornton first grade > toronto u23

magician
26-09-2012, 02:54 AM
thornton first grade > toronto u23
Still stand by my 1st comment

cobra23
27-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Shane Paul to Belswans

Only rumors..

pretty sure Shane Paul is a done deal,
Still trying to find out the Berlin rumour.

Both quality players to leave state league if true.

Youaskedforit
27-09-2012, 03:09 PM

Belswans seem to be making a push for promotion maybe, with these two players, and more to come, bit of work on ground and facilities would be beneficial as well, wouldnt be hard to get up to speed.

Youaskedforit
27-09-2012, 03:33 PM
I know Charlestown have put a very good side of U15 together for the elite comp.

A fair few mac 14s from this year and some of their GF 14A side still there

boz-monaut
27-09-2012, 04:52 PM
what's everyone's thoughts on me starting a NBN player movements and rumours thread and moving everything across to that?

ForeverRed
27-09-2012, 05:03 PM
what's everyone's thoughts on me starting a NBN player movements and rumours thread and moving everything across to that?

sounds great, I know south Cardiff signed a couple of charlestown 14s, albeit original southy juniors,

zzzzzzzzzz
27-09-2012, 05:41 PM
lol it's about that time of year....... goodbye 2012 bring on 2013! Let the games begin. . . . :)

Youaskedforit
27-09-2012, 05:48 PM
sounds great, I know south Cardiff signed a couple of charlestown 14s, albeit original southy juniors,

Yeah, so i heard, good to hear :)

EH9
29-09-2012, 05:53 PM

Do it!

29-09-2012, 06:24 PM
all for it!!

boz-monaut
29-09-2012, 06:35 PM
will do when I can be bothered and am not drinking

continue to post rumours in this thread as I will move them across to the new one

seldom
29-09-2012, 06:46 PM
rumour has it they're moving this thread

supasub
30-09-2012, 12:47 AM

Looks like all three of the Paul boys will be at Belswans next year, the father
and two sons!

EH9
30-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Heard yesterday Hodgo to Lakes

Youaskedforit
02-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Les True Azzuri 19s
schofield Lakes 15s

All i can help yous with.

Id imagine dmac will take some boys to thornton with him maybe .

Grunta
02-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Les True Azzuri 19s
schofield Lakes 15s

All i can help yous with.

Id imagine dmac will take some boys to thornton with him maybe .

To coach or play? The Les True I know can still kick a ball but I think he'd miss out on the age criteria :lol:

cobra23
03-10-2012, 11:47 AM
joel cummerford to magic

EH9
03-10-2012, 02:16 PM
joel cummerford to magic

Matt Comerford

EH9
03-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Korotcich (spelling) to edgy
Hodges to Olympic

cobra23
03-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Hodges to Olympic

HODGES GOOD SIGNING FOR OLYMPIC,
Great replacement for Witherden.

Although will he leave again???

ForeverRed
03-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Hodges to Olympic
if we are going to post on here please confirm signings beforehand, Korotich is playing with south cardiff, signed and delivered

RedMexican
03-10-2012, 09:46 PM
if we are going to post on here please confirm signings beforehand, Korotich is playing with south cardiff, signed and delivered

was done before before the end of season wasnt it ?

EH9
03-10-2012, 11:27 PM

My apologies, will endeavour to contact everyone prior to my posting. Please disregard all previous posts as unsubstantiated rumour.

cobra23
04-10-2012, 09:56 AM

you just corrected the rumour for him,
this is what this thread is, RUMOURS on what people get told,
its not EH9 fault for getting told a rumour.

ForeverRed
04-10-2012, 04:44 PM
you just corrected the rumour for him,
this is what this thread is, RUMOURS on what people get told,
its not EH9 fault for getting told a rumour.

no probs, will have a couple of confirmed signings in the next day or 2

seldom
05-10-2012, 12:11 AM

Southy ? ...........sweet

david silva
05-10-2012, 09:51 AM
heard maitland have signed a number of promising Weston players from the under 16s team that were last yrs minor premiers..

cobra23
05-10-2012, 11:05 AM

Cant wait to hear southy signings,

Eveything so far is basically olympic,magic movements.

cobra23
05-10-2012, 11:08 AM
What about the new kids on the block (jaffas)

Surley they have some movement coming in, anyone??

Heskey
05-10-2012, 07:47 PM
A few (alot) of Toronto 19's boys moving to Toronto ID3's

shark attack
05-10-2012, 11:47 PM
hi guys not normally on this thread but keep an eye on stockton , at least 2 guys from new fm will sign with stockton very shortly with at least another 2 to 3 guys coming over from new fm , and the possibilty off at least 3 from n.b.n coming home to stockton. no rumors just facts as stockton build towards bigger and better things for the future. would like to release names but at the mment we would stockton to have every chance of signing our new names without further presure from the higher clubs.

Bremsstrahlung
06-10-2012, 12:52 AM
To Jaffas: Abe Wheelhouse, James Foggarty both from Jets youth. (this was in the herald.)

I heard a rumour on Grand Final day that Piddo may be heading SOUTH. CAR-DEFinitely will need some petrol. I stress this is a rumour, and has not been confirmed/denied.

Thomas477
06-10-2012, 01:29 AM
I heard a rumour on Grand Final day that Piddo may be heading SOUTH. CAR-DEFinitely will need some petrol. I stress this is a rumour, and has not been confirmed/denied.

Hmm, I sense a subtle message in here somewhere.....

RedMexican
06-10-2012, 01:40 AM
Hmm, I sense a subtle message in here somewhere.....

Yeah, just a little subtle somethin

MFKS
06-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Where are the Lambton Jaffas playing out of next season??

Bremsstrahlung
06-10-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm assuming Edden Oval/Park like they have for a while, unless I'm not privy to that being unavailable?

Thomas477
07-10-2012, 12:35 AM
I'm assuming Edden Oval/Park like they have for a while, unless I'm not privy to that being unavailable?

I'm with the Juniors, but I would imagine it would be Edden Oval. I don't know of any other enclosed grounds available, unless they possibly move their games to Adamstown. But even that's doubtful, assuming Rosebuds play out of there, as well as an A/A C side.

Plus FFS they're called Lambton, they should play out of Edden Oval, unless they want to come down to Harry Edwards :P

Swanky
07-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Where are the Lambton Jaffas playing out of next season??

They will be playing in the same ground they have been playing at for years one of the better surfaces to play on and seems to meet all criteria so I cant see there being an issue with Arthur Edden

idontwannaplaywithhowey
07-10-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm with the Juniors, but I would imagine it would be Edden Oval. I don't know of any other enclosed grounds available, unless they possibly move their games to Adamstown. But even that's doubtful, assuming Rosebuds play out of there, as well as an A/A C side.

Plus FFS they're called Lambton, they should play out of Edden Oval, unless they want to come down to Harry Edwards :P

And a Zone Premier League side also share Adasmtown Oval with Rosebuds.

Youaskedforit
19-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Mark Shalimov from Toronto to West Wallsend
DMac to Thornton along with youd imagine the ones he took to toronto plus some promising 23s
Ba from Toronto 23s to Hunter Simba
Fair few 19s and 17s to ID at Toronto and back to play under the juniors in 17s at Toronto.

supasub
20-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Mark Shalimov from Toronto to West Wallsend
DMac to Thornton along with youd imagine the ones he took to toronto plus some promising 23s
Ba from Toronto 23s to Hunter Simba
Fair few 19s and 17s to ID at Toronto and back to play under the juniors in 17s at Toronto.

Interesting... Will Nick [i'm not sure if thats his name however He left rosebuds mideseason?) be still playing there as first and Mark playing 23's.
Last time I spoke to both those guys they never got along..

Youaskedforit
20-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Interesting... Will Nick [i'm not sure if thats his name however He left rosebuds mideseason?) be still playing there as first and Mark playing 23's.
Last time I spoke to both those guys they never got along..

Don't know about not getting along, but knowing both, I don't think they'll settle for 23s.

Buddha
20-10-2012, 05:17 PM
What about the new kids on the block (jaffas)

Surley they have some movement coming in, anyone??

Tom Smart ive heard is on his way there.

Buddha
20-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Have heard rumours maybe a couple of boys from the terrace going to olympic also

cobra23
23-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Tom Smart ive heard is on his way there.

Good Pick up, he has alot of potential.
to be sitting on the bench for magic means he should walk straight into the starting team.

Buddha
23-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Good Pick up, he has alot of potential.
to be sitting on the bench for magic means he should walk straight into the starting team.
I know smarty pretty well and my word its a good pick up. If you play for Magic, you've definitely got something about you

Old Wise Man
26-10-2012, 10:58 AM
I heard "rumours only, not confirmed";
Hodgo has had a big $ offer from lakes
Piddington also had the same sort of offer
Not sure if their has been any decision made

These are ones i know, may have already been listed
Daniel Casciaroli to Magic - confirmed
Kyle Hodges to Olympic- confirmed
brady Parker to Magic - confirmed

This is an interesting one;
Maj to Jaffas?
Have a friends son playing for Jaffas 17s who had a training session at Jaffas ground last night and saw Johnny Majrovski with the Lambton 1st grade coach at the Lambton ground yesterday having a chat in the sheds.
Anyone know about this??

EH9
27-10-2012, 07:34 PM
I heard "rumours only, not confirmed";
Hodgo has had a big $ offer from lakes
Piddington also had the same sort of offer
Not sure if their has been any decision made

What is 'big $' these days?

ForeverRed
27-10-2012, 11:07 PM
What is 'big $' these days?

rumour has it hodgos been offered $800 a week, ridiculous money, typical lakes though,most of the side will be on similiar money,wheres it all come from, no structure in place, just like when they first got promoted they spent up big then 12 months later they near get relegated now their doing it all again, wheres the backbone in the club, wheres the promotion of juniors, zero, lets go buy a competition, the sooner the points system comes into place the better the state league will be, Im not sure what people get out of spending all this money, maybe they should spend some on their oval and amenities, especially the shitters on the hill, wouldnt put my dog in them ones, good luck to them but I bet their struggling for relegation again in 12 months time

EH9
28-10-2012, 11:14 AM
rumour has it hodgos been offered $800 a week, ridiculous money, typical lakes though,most of the side will be on similiar money,wheres it all come from, no structure in place, just like when they first got promoted they spent up big then 12 months later they near get relegated now their doing it all again, wheres the backbone in the club, wheres the promotion of juniors, zero, lets go buy a competition, the sooner the points system comes into place the better the state league will be, Im not sure what people get out of spending all this money, maybe they should spend some on their oval and amenities, especially the shitters on the hill, wouldnt put my dog in them ones, good luck to them but I bet their struggling for relegation again in 12 months time

That is a fair spray, do you have inside information on whats going on there? How much money do you reckon all clubs spend on players?

ForeverRed
28-10-2012, 01:30 PM
That is a fair spray, do you have inside information on whats going on there? How much money do you reckon all clubs spend on players?
a lot of clubs were hoping lakes were relegated last year and not westy, thats a fact,
most clubs average around $50 grand but some go overboard, rumour has it it cost olympic $75 grand to win the minor premiership, good luck to them, other clubs prefer to use younger players and hope they come through, its awfully hard to compete with the almighty dollar, especially when Magic who make 30 to 40 thousand on GF day, but they have the facilities so they should host it, NNSWF need to implement the sharing of the gate as they would have collected close to 25 thousand but the clubs whose supporters fork out on the day dont see a cent.

Bremsstrahlung
28-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Do clubs that win/make the grand final in the lower grades get any winnings? If not, that may be something to look into, it may be seemingly insignificant though once you get down to U17s...

EH9
28-10-2012, 02:44 PM
a lot of clubs were hoping lakes were relegated last year and not westy, thats a fact,
most clubs average around $50 grand but some go overboard, rumour has it it cost olympic $75 grand to win the minor premiership, good luck to them, other clubs prefer to use younger players and hope they come through, its awfully hard to compete with the almighty dollar, especially when Magic who make 30 to 40 thousand on GF day, but they have the facilities so they should host it, NNSWF need to implement the sharing of the gate as they would have collected close to 25 thousand but the clubs whose supporters fork out on the day dont see a cent.

Thats because Westy are of no threat to any other club.

My guess is that only Olympic would be spending over 50 large last season, I can't from my observation see any of the other teams having more than than that in their ranks (I did think Magic, but a mate of mine in the know said they pay unders as players simply want to play there and will do so for less).

I take your point from your earlier post about the points system, but I can see potential flaws in that system and doubt that it will reign in payments to players. I hope I am wrong though. Let me ask you this...... Who is the best player in the league (in your opinion) and what are they worth?

EH9
28-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Do clubs that win/make the grand final in the lower grades get any winnings? If not, that may be something to look into, it may be seemingly insignificant though once you get down to U17s...

There is prizemoney for all grades, just not as much as is there for 1st grade.

De-Champ
28-10-2012, 03:14 PM
hhjjj

Zico
28-10-2012, 03:54 PM

My guess is that only Olympic would be spending over 50 large last season, I can't from my observation see any of the other teams having more than than that in their ranks (I did think Magic, but a mate of mine in the know said they pay unders as players simply want to play there and will do so for less).

I take your point from your earlier post about the points system, but I can see potential flaws in that system and doubt that it will reign in payments to players. I hope I am wrong though. Let me ask you this...... Who is the best player in the league (in your opinion) and what are they worth?
Benis would rate high.

ForeverRed
28-10-2012, 04:26 PM

goal scorers will earn more normally, not sure of worth, some clubs structure their payments, incentives etc, but most top players would earn around $300 to $400 win lose or draw, while others would earn 250 a win, Swancott has been the best player in the league for the 2 seasons his been back easily, then followed by Petit, Jarryd Johnson, Knight from edgeworth is always good to watch, Peter Mcpherson is probably the best field player by far while Bennis gets votes its easy in a good team to do his job, the list goes on, its hard to identify different players as each club would have 2 or 3 standouts who perform each week

EH9
28-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Benis would rate high.

What would you pay him then?

Zico
28-10-2012, 04:53 PM
What would you pay him then?
wouldn't have a clue.

wannabe
28-10-2012, 05:25 PM
here we go with the usual shit of people making up numbers about what other clubs spend on players.forever red if your involved with southy how would you know what lakes magic or olympic spend on their players.i am sure you would be the first on here complaining if people were GUESSING how much southy spent on players or said they had heard a rumour that southy were struggling financially.

boz-monaut
28-10-2012, 05:34 PM
if this thread goes too far down the path of making up stuff about other clubs and then reacting to people's posts then it'll be closed

this is a thread about rumours and movements, not guesses about payments or the internal workings of clubs

next post to talk payments gets the user a ban for a few weeks

wannabe
28-10-2012, 05:47 PM
player movement i have heard
to magic casceroli parker comerford.
to lakes bray smith possibly thornton brothers from weston.
to jaffas foggarty wheelhouse majarovski
to edgy macpherson connor evans parkinson
to olympic hodges swan twins
southy faj brothers

EH9
28-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Does anyone know if last seasons influx of Coasties to our league will be returning to the coast now they have a NSW State League place again?

seldom
28-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Glad to see all these players moving to other clubs has nothing to do with money

ForeverRed
28-10-2012, 10:19 PM
here we go with the usual shit of people making up numbers about what other clubs spend on players.forever red if your involved with southy how would you know what lakes magic or olympic spend on their players.i am sure you would be the first on here complaining if people were GUESSING how much southy spent on players or said they had heard a rumour that southy were struggling financially.

for your knowledge I have nothing to do with south cardiff

GazFish35
28-10-2012, 11:45 PM
just checking a few facts.

/thread

(just for a bit)

boz-monaut
29-10-2012, 09:10 AM
facts checked

this is an outright lie

admit you do or have some time off the local forum

pv4
29-10-2012, 10:20 AM
why can't we go back to the days of whinging and bickering about this bs from the sidelines of state league games, while everyone's young blokes are playing 19s instead of first grade, "where they should be", because their club went and bought last years golden boot winner for "a grand a game plus got him a job".

the Foz isn't the place to be saying all this stuff, just leave

ForeverRed
29-10-2012, 07:09 PM
facts checked

this is an outright lie

admit you do or have some time off the local forum

and you are who ?

boz-monaut
29-10-2012, 07:15 PM
the administrator of this forum who is calling you out for lying

(also, it's not really much of a secret who I am, you're welcome to come up at talk to me at the tennis club or bay 2 at any time)

RedMexican
29-10-2012, 07:52 PM
good tl see jaffas have brought well, goodluck to them this year.

magician
30-10-2012, 09:38 AM

Funny, since I know who you are! sure have something to do with southy

RedMexican
30-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Maitland have acquired ben martin from edgey was posted on their facebook page.

david silva
30-10-2012, 12:25 PM

good signing

RedMexican
30-10-2012, 12:38 PM
good signing

Bloody oath it is.
Good player and a great bloke

Youaskedforit
30-10-2012, 02:38 PM
good signing

very good, unfortunately a Adamstown, Maitland two horse race with Thornton surprise packets.

ForeverRed
30-10-2012, 05:01 PM
Funny, since I know who you are! sure have something to do with southy

move on will now

boz-monaut
30-10-2012, 05:10 PM
so you're not going to admit it?

ForeverRed
30-10-2012, 05:42 PM
so you're not going to admit it?

this thread is for player movements and RUMOURS, not this rubbish, haha

boz-monaut
30-10-2012, 05:47 PM
take a few weeks off then, haha

pv4
30-10-2012, 06:05 PM
this thread is for player movements and RUMOURS, not this rubbish, haha

not only are you making yourself look like a fool, you're embarrassing not-south-Cardiff. don't expect to be welcomed back to open arms bud

au revoir
30-10-2012, 06:31 PM

glorious. always funny to see the ban-hammer get brought out.

boz-monaut
30-10-2012, 06:33 PM
to be honest, I'd actually forgotten how to use it

Youaskedforit
30-10-2012, 09:08 PM
to be honest, I'd actually forgotten how to use it

all the lumps on my head from that bloody ban hammer have just healed, im a good boy now ;)

seldom
30-10-2012, 10:12 PM

He's gunna be a handful for New FM defenders...always rated him

RedMexican
30-10-2012, 10:19 PM
He's gunna be a handful for New FM defenders...always rated him

definately i know him personally and he wasnt going to be playing this year so they've have done something right

Mitchy
30-10-2012, 10:19 PM

:lulz:

goaliepersempre
08-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Stags 2013

Jackson Antcliffe
Mamadou Ba
David Baillie
Michael Baillie
Liam Beddow
Callum Blomfield
Hayden Botham
Luke Butt
Will Cadden
Jacob Clarke
Ryan Cowie
Jye Cowie
Brae Dare
Adam Davis
Grant Dunn
Bailey Edmunds
Josh Ferreria
Aaron Gallen
Sim Hamisi
Saea Havea
Luke Hay
Daniel Hunt
Bashiri Hussein Laaris Jagessar
Shannon Jason
Hayden Jensen
Todd Jones
Shaun King
James Lynch
Thomas Mann
Joel Martin
Jeff McDonald
Kody O'Brien-Brown
Jonathon Olivares
Tyson Palombini
Matt Ray
Trent Richards
Nicholas Roberts
Cameron Selby
Cameron Shepherd
Jake Shoesmith
Tim Stone
Lloyd Wakewood
Liam Watson
Zane Winslade
Matt Young

Old Wise Man
13-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Is the Toronto squad much different to last year?
What are the aspirations fornext year?
Should be a fairly open race for promotion
I hear Belswans have a few NBN players heading there with Shane Paul etc..
Along with Adamstown and Maitland from this year.
Looking like the most open race for promotion from the past few years which all seemed to be one horse races

supasub
14-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Is the Toronto squad much different to last year?
What are the aspirations fornext year?
Should be a fairly open race for promotion
I hear Belswans have a few NBN players heading there with Shane Paul etc..
Along with Adamstown and Maitland from this year.
Looking like the most open race for promotion from the past few years which all seemed to be one horse races

I'm not sure why, but I just having a feeling Cessnock will be compeitive next season. I dont have any connections to the club they just seemed compeitive last year but lacking in goalfinishing.

Zico
14-11-2012, 03:29 PM
I'm not sure why, but I just having a feeling Cessnock will be compeitive next season. I dont have any connections to the club they just seemed compeitive last year but lacking in goalfinishing.
From what I'm hearing from around the place is that the comp will be a 3 horse race with Adamstown, Bel Swans and Maitland all looking at spending fair amount of cash to get the promotion spot. Cessnock and Thornton look to be the surprise packets to battle it out for 4th spot.

I'm not sure how West Wallsend will go as I've heard of plenty of players using the exit door but not many coming in so I doubt they will put any pressure on the top 4.

cobra23
14-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Simon Mooney back to magic from year off.

I heard magic is fielding a AFL team this year. with the amount of regular first team players on there roster.

boz-monaut
14-11-2012, 07:48 PM
with the sheer number of grammatical errors in that post it sounds more like it'll be a rugby league team

(also, just out of interest, Magic the club are probably about 1/3 the size of AFL the sport is in Newcastle)

Youaskedforit
14-11-2012, 10:00 PM
From what I'm hearing from around the place is that the comp will be a 3 horse race with Adamstown, Bel Swans and Maitland all looking at spending fair amount of cash to get the promotion spot. Cessnock and Thornton look to be the surprise packets to battle it out for 4th spot.

I'm not sure how West Wallsend will go as I've heard of plenty of players using the exit door but not many coming in so I doubt they will put any pressure on the top 4.

Don't disregard the stags, looking at their squad anything below top two would be disappointing

pv4
14-11-2012, 10:01 PM
few returning stags in that toronto lineup

seldom
14-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Don't disregard the stags, looking at their squad anything below top two would be disappointing

David Baillie....have never heard of any of the others

Zico
15-11-2012, 07:12 AM
Be carefull, every time the Stags get mentioned the local forum goes into a lock down :)

Doris
15-11-2012, 12:58 PM

I'm curious on how Thornton will be dark horses... Two years ago they where bottom of ZPL, got a political promotion last year to the bottom of NewFM... what's changed to make you think they will miraculously be competitive this year??

Also sorry if this has already been covered as I’m new to forum game but what happened with promotion from ZPL this year. A the start of the year four or five clubs where trumpeting about guaranteed promotion but all is silent now....

supa
15-11-2012, 01:23 PM
I'm curious on how Thornton will be dark horses... Two years ago they where bottom of ZPL, got a political promotion last year to the bottom of NewFM... what's changed to make you think they will miraculously be competitive this year??

Also sorry if this has already been covered as I’m new to forum game but what happened with promotion from ZPL this year. A the start of the year four or five clubs where trumpeting about guaranteed promotion but all is silent now....

agreed...unless they have recruited insanely well i have no idea how they will avoid relegation let alone be competitive for top four.

Youaskedforit
15-11-2012, 03:27 PM

Just think DMcallister will do a great job, and with the boys he took to Toronto going with him including Nathan they will be fighting out for spot four .

Top three shoe in but ...

idontwannaplaywithhowey
15-11-2012, 05:38 PM

The Federation did not allow promotion form ZPL to NEWFM this season.

magician
15-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Just think DMcallister will do a great job, and with the boys he took to Toronto going with him including Nathan they will be fighting out for spot four .

Top three shoe in but ...

cause nathan is a quality player haha!the only reason he played 1st grade is cause of his dad

ForeverRed
15-11-2012, 08:44 PM
cause nathan is a quality player haha!the only reason he played 1st grade is cause of his dad

thats unfair

Doris
15-11-2012, 08:50 PM
The Federation did not allow promotion form ZPL to NEWFM this season.

Did they give a reason for the change? I hope it wasn't because Thornton were so uncompetitive. They certainly were not reflective of the ZPL standard that year – from memory they were in the bottom two in all three grades... They were also soundly beaten in all three grades by ZPL teams in preseason to I believe....

punter
16-11-2012, 01:21 AM

I watched Nathan play a few games at valo and also noticed him scoring a few goals including a bomb against the best keeper in newcastle (swanny) I didnt notice his dad kicking the ball for him

seldom
16-11-2012, 02:42 AM
highly suspicious 1st post

pv4
16-11-2012, 07:57 AM
no more talk on n-mac lads, regardless of good or bad. leave it at whatever you've said.

from what i'm led to believe, there's no promotion/relegation from zpl to newfm as the top two comps are meant to be picked on criteria, not results, so any team in newfm could earn promotion to nbn & have met the criteria (lights, grandstand, fence, etc, etc). if northern had their stuff together, they'd be going around to all the zpl clubs & getting them ready for a jump to a premier comp (looking into what criteria every club doesn't meet, and helping them meet it, etc) then zl1, zl2 & zl3 teams until they could (one day) have every team eligible to play state league. but to me it seems as if they're only keen/willing to take responsibility for the top two comps & have left responsibility of the zone leagues to the districts.

they should have the money to help clubs achieve this status - they keep claiming to be not-for-profit but always seem to make huge profits with large 6 digit payouts set in contracts for employees.

goaliepersempre
16-11-2012, 09:01 AM
The decision for promotion was made last year, with a submission made by thornton. There was a decision early on that there would be no promotion relagation this past season. Allowing for clubs to build and somewhat stability and reassurance on the investment made. Alot of time and investment was put in by people involved at thornton to get the team back into a competition it should never have been kicked out off. Yes there where some poor results within the club last year. (however they have had to rebuild from loosing players ethos etc from when kicked out of newfm in 2010. There is alot of quality youngsters within the club and a direction has been made. (23s only just didnt make the finals, (due to not taking chances, also only side to take points from lambton during the regular season)

The area deserves a team in the league and are trying hard to build on this case.. Those of you involved in clubs know its not an easy task... The club has had like I said rebuild, this year was a big learning curve and will only make those players who remain even hungrier to do better.

Keen for a bigger and better 2013 with all clubs involved. Lets get back to talking about player movements and other issues. Apart from this rearing its head again.

david silva
17-11-2012, 01:13 AM
is maj at lambton?

ForeverRed
18-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Brad Waters to South Cardiff

Doris
18-11-2012, 07:12 PM
The decision for promotion was made last year, with a submission made by thornton. There was a decision early on that there would be no promotion relagation this past season. Allowing for clubs to build and somewhat stability and reassurance on the investment made. Alot of time and investment was put in by people involved at thornton to get the team back into a competition it should never have been kicked out off. Yes there where some poor results within the club last year. (however they have had to rebuild from loosing players ethos etc from when kicked out of newfm in 2010. There is alot of quality youngsters within the club and a direction has been made. (23s only just didnt make the finals, (due to not taking chances, also only side to take points from lambton during the regular season)

The area deserves a team in the league and are trying hard to build on this case.. Those of you involved in clubs know its not an easy task... The club has had like I said rebuild, this year was a big learning curve and will only make those players who remain even hungrier to do better.

Keen for a bigger and better 2013 with all clubs involved. Lets get back to talking about player movements and other issues. Apart from this rearing its head again.

I take your point about this all being covered before but as I’m new to the forum I’d just like to make one observation on your post and I’ll leave it alone.

3 of the most successful teams of the last two years in ZPL (in all three grades) New Lambton, Warners Bay and Cooks Hill would be competitive in NEWFM straight away.

All three also have access to grounds which would well and truly exceed the criteria if they were promoted.

Plus they are 3 of the 5 biggest (per capita) clubs in the whole Newcastle/Hunter/Macquarie area. Don’t their juniors have the right to play at a higher level at the club they have grown up in – especially if their teams have proved themselves by being the best team in their division?

I’m just not sure why you think Thornton should get special treatment (except of course out of your club loyalty – which is wholly understandable).

Anyway as requested I will now leave this topic alone.

EH9
18-11-2012, 08:53 PM
I take your point about this all being covered before but as I’m new to the forum I’d just like to make one observation on your post and I’ll leave it alone.

3 of the most successful teams of the last two years in ZPL (in all three grades) New Lambton, Warners Bay and Cooks Hill would be competitive in NEWFM straight away.

All three also have access to grounds which would well and truly exceed the criteria if they were promoted.

Plus they are 3 of the 5 biggest (per capita) clubs in the whole Newcastle/Hunter/Macquarie area. Don’t their juniors have the right to play at a higher level at the club they have grown up in – especially if their teams have proved themselves by being the best team in their division?

I’m just not sure why you think Thornton should get special treatment (except of course out of your club loyalty – which is wholly understandable).

Anyway as requested I will now leave this topic alone.

I heard recently that New Lambton seniors and juniors are not aligned. And not sure how Warners Bay meet let alone exceed the criteria, unless they have access to a different facility than John Street Oval? Can't argue with Cookers though, they have done well for many years and if they could secure any of the Newcastle Sportsgrounds then they would be a good addition to the league.

Zico
18-11-2012, 09:51 PM
I heard recently that New Lambton seniors and juniors are not aligned. And not sure how Warners Bay meet let alone exceed the criteria, unless they have access to a different facility than John Street Oval? Can't argue with Cookers though, they have done well for many years and if they could secure any of the Newcastle Sportsgrounds then they would be a good addition to the league.
New Lambton Juniors and Seniors are 2 different clubs with no ties.

Old Wise Man
19-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Hey guys
wrong thread for this, this is NewFM rumours and player movements
Not Zone premier league clubs and promotion.

There is a thread for Zone Premier League

Back on to the subject, I heard Justin Broadley from Maitland is heading to the nbn league and leaving Maitland.

This would be dissapointing for maitland arguably losing their best player after just gaining Ben Martin

Youaskedforit
19-11-2012, 12:30 PM

Exactly the same as Toronto Awaba Juniors and Toronto Awaba Seniors, definitely do not see eye to eye , and theyre in NewFM, whats the difference.

All three of the above mentioned clubs should be allowed in to Newfm

Doris
19-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Hey guys

As the decision for teams being promoted to NewFM was made at NewFM level I would suggest discussing this particular thread on the ZPL thread is equivalent to peeing in the wind... Thus it has been brought up here because it is the more active of the NewFM threads.

It will always be hard for the newer clubs to make the jump up when the ‘elite’ clubs don’t take their thoughts seriously.

Thornton were promoted because of their heritage nothing more. It was the path of least resistance at a difficult time. Fair enough end of story.

boz-monaut
19-11-2012, 01:22 PM
I could split these promotion posts to a separate thread but I don't really think the discussion has legs

Cooks Hill are keen to go up but as it stands our facilities at the Athletics Field aren't up to scratch - this has prevented promotion and so we're trying to get these fixed - as for using #1 and #2 Sportsgrounds - we've effectively been pushed out of these facilities by other sports

there's also the issue that clubs may spend all this time and effort to get to the NEW FM competition which may not be around in future years

goaliepersempre
19-11-2012, 01:28 PM
That issue is also why Thornton (and the rest of the clubs im guessing another year without relagation) It takes alot to get a club promoted and investment of alot of funds (i.e 30 000 plus for the fencing at Thornton Park, payed by the club not council etc)

Just leave it guys... Nothing will be changed for this upcoming season.. All people can do is continue to support the clubs you are at lend a hand to help and try and strive to make the club the best you can... :) if still concerned then voice oppionions to NNSWF

Sideline
19-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Hey guys

Back on to the subject, I heard Justin Broadley from Maitland is heading to the nbn league and leaving Maitland.

This would be dissapointing for maitland arguably losing their best player after just gaining Ben Martin

where has he signed do you know ? if its who im thinking of he has been maitlands best player for a few years now
will be a decent loss to them

frankiechav
21-11-2012, 12:41 AM
Been some talk about Shane Paul going to Belswans, has this been confirmed yet? Also what is the link with Berlin? Not sure Belswans could afford these players! Why Berlin to Belswans? Is he a local lad to Blacksmiths?

Old Wise Man
21-11-2012, 09:06 AM
Been some talk about Shane Paul going to Belswans, has this been confirmed yet? Also what is the link with Berlin? Not sure Belswans could afford these players! Why Berlin to Belswans? Is he a local lad to Blacksmiths?

The link with shane paul to belswans is because his Dad coaches there.
Not sure about the Berlin connection, probably just because they are mates.
But I spoke with Berlin at work the other day, he has signed with magic for another year.

With Justin Broadley, my mail tells me he has had an offer both from Weston and Jaffas. So im guessing he will go to one or the other? Unless he decides to stay at Maitland

cobra23
21-11-2012, 10:14 AM

I have known Berlin from when he played at Edgy 10 Years ago.
He is a Stocko boy so to play at blacksmiths Im not sure, 1 hour travel time!!!

But i heard he was very good mates with shane paul and his dad.
So thats probably why he was going there.

But who knows the amount of top players magic have this year at least 6 will go before kickoff....

idontwannaplaywithhowey
21-11-2012, 09:23 PM

I know it has been stated that this isnt a ZPL thread, but I just wanted to inform you that this statement is wholly innacurate. That statement may have been true 2 years ago, but times have well and truly changed. This isnt the place to go into detail but there are significant ties between the senior and junior elements of New Lambton that meet the promotion criteria and, given the opportunity, would allow New Lambton's junior footballers play at a higher level with the senior club.

supasub
22-11-2012, 12:25 AM

I can confirm that both Shane Paul AND Scott Pettit will be playing for belswans next year.

seldom
22-11-2012, 01:55 AM
Really ?...I thought Pettit was going OS...why would he play new fm FFS...would be a waste

pv4
22-11-2012, 07:16 AM
there was a herald article saying he (pettit) was looking at singapore/se asia. tbh it seemed like a "this is your last chance, jets" kind of move - and with his form in state league i'm surprised one of the hal teams hasn't come sniffing.

Youaskedforit
22-11-2012, 10:40 AM
I can confirm that both Shane Paul AND Scott Pettit will be playing for belswans next year.

Wow, this is why Belswans, Adamstown and Maitland will fight out New FM next year

cobra23
22-11-2012, 10:53 AM

Really,, Scott Pettit
i think you may have confirmed wrong.
Apparently magic have ball sessions on once or twice a week and
he has been turning up to them...
I dont think Pettit would drop to that level at all.

Youaskedforit
22-11-2012, 11:03 AM
Really,, Scott Pettit
i think you may have confirmed wrong.
Apparently magic have ball sessions on once or twice a week and
he has been turning up to them...
I dont think Pettit would drop to that level at all.

Drop to that level ? I think you are under estimating the New Fm competition.

Is Nathan ( Conclaves ) still at Belswans too ? They will be hard to beat, if Petit is going there too.

MFKS
22-11-2012, 12:08 PM
I find it hard to believe Pettit would go to New FM level. Surely he could easily get more cash playing NBN State League or even for a NSW State League Club if not wanted by a HAL club.

Just find it to hard to believe Belswans would even be in the contest to win a cash battle against Magic/Olympic etc and loyalty with your mates only goes so far with this

goaliepersempre
22-11-2012, 12:11 PM
dont get me wrong there is alot of money out there to swing players. But its not always the reason.....

cobra23
22-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Drop to that level ? I think you are under estimating the New Fm competition.

Is Nathan ( Conclaves ) still at Belswans too ? They will be hard to beat, if Petit is going there too.

Im not underestimating anything,
It is only virtually a 1 - 2 team comp every year,
And those teams are made up from players dropping back from NBN to help them get promoted.
Take a look at the solo cup...

pv4
22-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Im not underestimating anything,
It is only virtually a 1 - 2 team comp every year,
And those teams are made up from players dropping back from NBN to help them get promoted.
Take a look at the solo cup...

i actually agree with this. westlakes id2s convincingly beat a full-strength singo team in preseason two years ago, and singo weren't even the worst team in newfm that year.

imo the sooner that comp is gone, the better. such a quality disparity between the top 2 teams & the rest of the league.

Youaskedforit
22-11-2012, 02:17 PM
I find it hard to believe Pettit would go to New FM level. Surely he could easily get more cash playing NBN State League or even for a NSW State League Club if not wanted by a HAL club.

Just find it to hard to believe Belswans would even be in the contest to win a cash battle against Magic/Olympic etc and loyalty with your mates only goes so far with this

Maybe he just wants to play for a bit less pressure, and have some fun and not compete with five or six strikers at magic.
Good luck to Belswans if he is going there, with the right direction they could become a strong club, especially with their own ground.

david silva
22-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Absolutely NO WAY would Pettit move to Belswans. Just at the end of last year I heard he was Moving to china or somewhere else in Asia to try and make a career out of football - would he get that at Belswans? No.

Strange thing to "confirm" tbh

Old Wise Man
22-11-2012, 09:58 PM
I can confirm johnny maj has signed for lambton jaffas.
i was told he was at their training session tonight also

supasub
22-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Absolutely NO WAY would Pettit move to Belswans. Just at the end of last year I heard he was Moving to china or somewhere else in Asia to try and make a career out of football - would he get that at Belswans? No.

Strange thing to "confirm" tbh

Well you're a fool not to believe me, I know for certain that both, Paul and Pettit are going there.
Reason how I know this to be a fact, I'm involved in the club.

HOWEVER! I will stand corrected as I haven't heard anything else about the move in the past week.

Old Wise Man
22-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Well you're a fool not to believe me, I know for certain that both, Paul and Pettit are going there.
Reason how I know this to be a fact, I'm involved in the club.

HOWEVER! I will stand corrected as I haven't heard anything else about the move in the past week.

So is it actually confirmed as you said???
OR
Did you just hear it, and now you havnt heard it?

Theres a big difference between that, and that its actually confirmed, signed and a done deal?

I also heard Berlin was going there but ran into him the other day and he laughed at me when i asked was he going to Belswans andsaidno mate, just a rumour someone started

supasub
22-11-2012, 11:22 PM
So is it actually confirmed as you said???
OR
Did you just hear it, and now you havnt heard it?

Theres a big difference between that, and that its actually confirmed, signed and a done deal?

I also heard Berlin was going there but ran into him the other day and he laughed at me when i asked was he going to Belswans andsaidno mate, just a rumour someone started

Enough of this doubting of what I legitimately know, if you want to call it just a rumor, then do so. I know, I'm just going to wait till season 13 and watch both Pettit and Paul run out onto blacksmiths oval and think to myself 'I told you so'
P.s Berlin was never even approached or wanted at Belswans.

seldom
22-11-2012, 11:27 PM
P.s Berlin was never even approached or wanted at Belswans.

****...you must have a good squad

demon
23-11-2012, 09:58 AM
****...you must have a good squad

very true.... its one thing to say a player wasn't approached another entirely to say never 'wanted'. If santa was visiting New FM coaches this year I doubt any would reject Berlin being in their stocking. And a bit insulting to that player also.

cobra23
23-11-2012, 12:13 PM
very true.... its one thing to say a player wasn't approached another entirely to say never 'wanted'. If santa was visiting New FM coaches this year I doubt any would reject Berlin being in their stocking. And a bit insulting to that player also.

Not only that i think 9 out of the 10 teams in NBN will want him in there stocking, The tenth team
he is to old for (jets youth).
Mind you he is in his 30s and runs like a 20 year old.

Speaking of pettit i can confirm he is at magic. and why would a wing back compete with 5 STRIKERS.

And Berlin was Approached by belswans by Shane Pauls Dad.

All above Confirmed by a player of magic which is very close to both players. And also by there coach Chili

Sideline
23-11-2012, 07:19 PM
I can confirm johnny maj has signed for lambton jaffas.
i was told he was at their training session tonight also

thats a good signing for lambton
who else have they picked up my mate and alot of the 23s from last year have moved onto mayfield

cheers

Bremsstrahlung
24-11-2012, 02:33 AM
Firstly, thank god for a civilised conversation for once. This is the whole purpose of the forum, to voice opinions, listen, respond, learn, choose to ignore, move on.

Berlin would be an excellent signing for any team.
Petit, could also play for practically any club in Newcastle and be an asset. Personally, I find it odd if he was going to play for belswans. Nothing against the club, though for somebody aspiring to be a professional footballer (jets, Asia etc) Playing in a second tier competition ANYWHERE, doesn't really make sense. On the other side, he may have given up, see this as an opportunity to challenge himself and take a bit of the pressure off.

Belswans, have a load of potential, all the best to them for their 2013 season.

Old Wise Man
24-11-2012, 10:17 AM
thats a good signing for lambton
who else have they picked up my mate and alot of the 23s from last year have moved onto mayfield

cheers

I have heard from my friend who has a son in the jaffas 17s that they have signed the following players;
There is only 3 I know of that have been confirmed and been training;

Johnny Maj
Abe Wheelhouse
Tommy Smart

APparently they have kept their full team from this year apart from Mason Palmieri who doesnt want to play football anymore (waste of talent??)
Not sure if anyone else knows of any others??

I also heard that Lakes have signed the Walker brothers from Olympic.

Thats at least 3 players left from the starting 11 in Olympics grand final tea, Maj, Tom Walker and Austin retired.

seldom
24-11-2012, 01:19 PM
jimmy fogarty is at jaffas also

Bremsstrahlung
24-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Have heard Lakes were interested/had signed/gentleman's agreement with at least 1 players from Southy 23s.

Sideline
24-11-2012, 04:45 PM
jimmy fogarty is at jaffas also

What happened to there other goalie?
Anyone know what club he went to

Old Wise Man
25-11-2012, 09:50 AM
What happened to there other goalie?
Anyone know what club he went to

They still have their goalie, he will be their first grade keeper

Heard lakes signed Bray Smith from Southy also

EH9
25-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Have heard Lakes were interested/had signed/gentleman's agreement with at least 1 players from Southy 23s.

Who?

EH9
25-11-2012, 05:10 PM
They still have their goalie, he will be their first grade keeper

Heard lakes signed Bray Smith from Southy also

Fogarty hasn't gone to Lambton to be the 23's keeper

Old Wise Man
26-11-2012, 09:01 AM
Fogarty hasn't gone to Lambton to be the 23's keeper

Why? he wasnt first choice any where else. needs to prove himself in my opinion.

Fogarty isnt at Lambton anyway
He was no longer wanted by the club.

My mail is that the Lambton 1st grade keeper wasnt sure he could commit next year due to work circumstances, so they signed Fogarty, but then their keeper sorted out with his work that he can. He is their 1st choice, niot sure if that was explained to fogarty which is why he is not now involved, but Fogarty is not at Lambton.

From what I have heard he is a top notch keeper (lambtons keeper last year)

demon
26-11-2012, 11:50 AM
West Wallsend have lost David McPherson having been lured to Edgie (regrettably I think he would have seen more first grade by staying at WW than will at Edgie though I feel). While he is not the only player I am yet hear confirmation on any others 'lost' (I think there may have been a player or two the club had decided not to re-sign).

On the flip side Westy have signed Mark Shalimov from Toronto are are beginning to see one of two other faces from 1st Grade last season at least have a kick and see what is happening there.

ForeverRed
26-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Shalimov is 47 years old, surely their kidding

nbnjet
26-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Shalimov is 47 years old, surely their kidding

Age shall not weary us...

EH9
26-11-2012, 09:54 PM
West Wallsend have lost David McPherson having been lured to Edgie (regrettably I think he would have seen more first grade by staying at WW than will at Edgie though I feel). While he is not the only player I am yet hear confirmation on any others 'lost' (I think there may have been a player or two the club had decided not to re-sign).

On the flip side Westy have signed Mark Shalimov from Toronto are are beginning to see one of two other faces from 1st Grade last season at least have a kick and see what is happening there.

Peter McPherson? He will play first grade wherever he signs up.

EH9
26-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Why? he wasnt first choice any where else. needs to prove himself in my opinion.

Fogarty isnt at Lambton anyway
He was no longer wanted by the club.

My mail is that the Lambton 1st grade keeper wasnt sure he could commit next year due to work circumstances, so they signed Fogarty, but then their keeper sorted out with his work that he can. He is their 1st choice, niot sure if that was explained to fogarty which is why he is not now involved, but Fogarty is not at Lambton.

From what I have heard he is a top notch keeper (lambtons keeper last year)

I stand corrected, thanks for the update.

Old Wise Man
26-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Peter McPherson? He will play first grade wherever he signs up.

He is talking about youngDavid Macpherson, played 1st grade at Westy last year, but probably needs a good season in 23s, has heaps of potential to b a good first grader IMO

Youaskedforit
27-11-2012, 11:20 AM
He is talking about youngDavid Macpherson, played 1st grade at Westy last year, but probably needs a good season in 23s, has heaps of potential to b a good first grader IMO

Dave Mcpherson is a very very good young player, was at the stags 19s in 2010, was offered a senior contract by baillie in 2011, but wanted to play " First Grade " with the whole 19s squad, so they all went to Morissett.

Good to see common sense has prevailed, and these kids are now filtering through NBN separately, two years wasted sticking together in my opinion.D.Mcpherson is a good kid to go with it.

Youaskedforit
27-11-2012, 11:20 AM
Age shall not weary us...

Lest we Forget !!!!!

demon
27-11-2012, 12:59 PM
They have a very good young keeper in their ranks, young and qualifed for 19's last year but hardly played that low down the grades. Shalimov being their could be as much as having an experienced mind their to help train and mentor the young fella.

wannabe
27-11-2012, 03:08 PM
I have heard from my friend who has a son in the jaffas 17s that they have signed the following players;
There is only 3 I know of that have been confirmed and been training;

Johnny Maj
Abe Wheelhouse
Tommy Smart

APparently they have kept their full team from this year apart from Mason Palmieri who doesnt want to play football anymore (waste of talent??)
Not sure if anyone else knows of any others??

I also heard that Lakes have signed the Walker brothers from Olympic.

Thats at least 3 players left from the starting 11 in Olympics grand final tea, Maj, Tom Walker and Austin retired.

Can confirm olympic have lost 5 players from their grand final squad.
Jonh Maj - jaffas
Mat Austin - retired
Joel Witherdin - melbourne
Walker brothers - lakes
From reports have gained kyle hodges and swan twins.Have also heard the walker brothers had actually re-signed with olympic back in september,after the grand final,but informed the club two weeks ago that they would not be honouring their agreements with olympic and were signing for lakes on better deals.What are peoples thoughts on this?Should players who are getting paid good money these days,be allowed just to walk away from clubs whenever they want after already signing agreements and then reneging on them?

Bremsstrahlung
27-11-2012, 03:18 PM
If I recall correctly, 2 years ago? Back when Gazzard left Olympic mid season for Southy. Somebody else at Olympic wanted to leave, but Olympic refused to let them go play for another club (fair enough).

Do player contracts mean anything? Can clubs choose to hold players to their contracts?

wannabe
27-11-2012, 03:39 PM
If I recall correctly, 2 years ago? Back when Gazzard left Olympic mid season for Southy. Somebody else at Olympic wanted to leave, but Olympic refused to let them go play for another club (fair enough).

Do player contracts mean anything? Can clubs choose to hold players to their contracts?

I dont know what player you speak about brem,but this couldnt be the case.As it currently stands a club cannot stop any player from leaving.Even if a club wanted said player to stay,the player only has to sign a rego form with another club and 7 days after this he is a free player.So if for example lakes gave a player a 1500 sign on fee and then that player wanted to leave after round 3,lakes cannot stop him after the 7 days and even though thye paid him a sign on fee for the season the player can just keep it and leave and there is nothing the clubcan do.My point was more what did people think of players being able to sign agreements with one club and then just change their mind and sign with someone else? then again i suppose it happens all the time nowadays

Bremsstrahlung
27-11-2012, 03:45 PM
I dont know what player you speak about brem,but this couldnt be the case.As it currently stands a club cannot stop any player from leaving.Even if a club wanted said player to stay,the player only has to sign a rego form with another club and 7 days after this he is a free player.So if for example lakes gave a player a 1500 sign on fee and then that player wanted to leave after round 3,lakes cannot stop him after the 7 days and even though thye paid him a sign on fee for the season the player can just keep it and leave and there is nothing the clubcan do.My point was more what did people think of players being able to sign agreements with one club and then just change their mind and sign with someone else? then again i suppose it happens all the time nowadays

Yeh, i can't remember the player's name anyway. That's just what i read, i think it was on here (heaps reliable) or in the Herald. :S Oh well.

I think something has to change. Even a transfer fee type reimbursement from the club after the player. Once you play the first game of the season, that should be where you stay, unless the club and player choose to mutually terminate the contract.

ForeverRed
27-11-2012, 04:23 PM
players can come and go as they please, its up to each club to trust them, if clubs form a good development program and have a coach who can bring them through to first grade they shouldn't need to chase 5 to 6 players every year, lakes seem to have an entire new squad most years, which says it all about their approach to football, some clubs have up to 7 new players each year, is this because some coaches are not as good as they seem as their squad would be easily coached, I dont know but if I was a coach I would be looking for a challenge each year to see how I was rated as a coach, this is why players change clubs regularly, the coach needs them to make him look good and the player loves the overs they are paid

EH9
27-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Players are free to move wherever and whenever they like because they are not signing contracts. IF clubs took the gamble and decided to put their players on contracts then they would be tied to that club for its duration. The risk is that the player has to be paid $100 min per week every week of the contracts duration. Thus clubs sign players to agreements and as in our work lives if someone comes along and offers us better conditions for the same work alot of people will take up that offer.

Are you familiar with Lakes Football Philosophy, ForeverRed?

Wannabe, not many clubs can claim the moral high ground in terms of approaching and signing players who have signed agreements with other clubs.

cobra23
28-11-2012, 12:37 AM
Players are free to move wherever and whenever they like because they are not signing contracts. IF clubs took the gamble and decided to put their players on contracts then they would be tied to that club for its duration. The risk is that the player has to be paid $100 min per week every week of the contracts duration. Thus clubs sign players to agreements and as in our work lives if someone comes along and offers us better conditions for the same work alot of people will take up that offer.

Are you familiar with Lakes Football Philosophy, ForeverRed?

Wannabe, not many clubs can claim the moral high ground in terms of approaching and signing players who have signed agreements with other clubs.

well said!!
Contracts are no more.
Maybe Northern should bring in a rule that once you have played your first comp game for that club,or maybe give players to round 4 at max.
The current cut off is june 30, half the year is aleady over.

demon
28-11-2012, 01:17 PM
June 30 has always seemed excessive to me (and I will put my hand up here and say I have used it, well the 29th June actually, to transfer between clubs many yearsd ago).

Leave new registrations as that for people who move areas etc but from one club to another? But transferring (or deregistering and reregistering as they now force players to do in ID and Juniors) really does not need to be that late into a season. It would be a very interesting survey for Northern to look into over the last 4-5 seasons... how many players moved clubs after round 1 and ask they why?

My prediction for the top two reasons: 1) Not playing X grade as coach said I would be and 2) Money

Old Wise Man
28-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Contracts are a handshake agreement between the club and the player, a gentlemans agreement nothing more.

Im not sure if this is still the case, but you use to be able to register the contract with northern nsw and this was a binding contract, but it was too costly so no clubs did it.

demon
30-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Contracts are a handshake agreement between the club and the player, a gentlemans agreement nothing more.

Im not sure if this is still the case, but you use to be able to register the contract with northern nsw and this was a binding contract, but it was too costly so no clubs did it.

I was told by Northern they no longer accept or acknowledge the contracts, that all players are considered amatuers until A-League level.

Zico
30-11-2012, 11:58 AM
I was told by Northern they no longer accept or acknowledge the contracts, that all players are considered amatuers until A-League level.
There are other ways around contracts that are being used and are legal documents.

EH9
30-11-2012, 10:27 PM
There are other ways around contracts that are being used and are legal documents.

Such as?

RedMexican
08-12-2012, 12:22 AM
heard tonight that Macalister has signed another youngen tim salter who is formly of the 19's at southy, top young bloke
goaliesperempre confirmation ?

Sideline
08-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Article in todays herald about the jaffas signings

LAMBTON Jaffas coach David Tanchevski is hoping to sign "one or two" more experienced players after adding proven goalscorer John Majurovski to his side for their maiden Northern NSW State League campaign next year.

Tanchevski confirmed yesterday that the three-time NNSW State League leading scorer would join the promoted squad in 2013 along with former Jets Youth players Abe Wheelhouse and James Fogarty.

He said Lambton's starting side from their First Division major and minor premiership victories had also been retained, giving them a foundation of a competitive side in the top tier.

"We've got a good young squad already and Maj gives us a proven goalscorer," Tanchevski said.

"Eight out of our starting 11 this year had state league experience, so with Maj and Abe coming on board, I think another one or two experienced players is all we'll need."

Majurovski was sent off in Hamilton's 4-1 grand final loss to Broadmeadow in September for calling referee Rod Allen a cheat.

In other state league player movements, Tom and Sam Walker have switched from reigning minor premiers Hamilton Olympic to Lake Macquarie.

Tom Walker was a key player for Olympic in their minor premiership run this year after transferring from West Wallsend.

They join Joel Witherdin (moved to Melbourne), Daniel Casciaroli (Broadmeadow) and Mat Austin (retirement) in leaving Hamilton, who will regain Matthew and Andrew Swan from overseas and Kyle Hodges from Charlestown.

Lake Macquarie have also recruited former Edgeworth player Sam DiRienzo.

demon
10-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Would anyone else like to place a guess on how long AFTER Northern opening the new facility and running 5 A Side comps that Lake Mac will find itself in financial trouble?

With Eland having said previously the 5 A Side is hopeful of being profitable to the point of making the facility self funding I'd expect we will see even higher turnover of players out there over the coming few years. Lake Mac definately needed to get on the front foot and secure new players but how long can it last.

shagga
10-12-2012, 01:49 PM
What has that got to do with Lake Macq attracting players?

Meaning they will lose a fair bit of income from not having their six a side competition happening.

ForeverRed
10-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Would anyone else like to place a guess on how long AFTER Northern opening the new facility and running 5 A Side comps that Lake Mac will find itself in financial trouble?

With Eland having said previously the 5 A Side is hopeful of being profitable to the point of making the facility self funding I'd expect we will see even higher turnover of players out there over the coming few years. Lake Mac definately needed to get on the front foot and secure new players but how long can it last.

what the

Old Wise Man
10-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Article in todays herald about the jaffas signings

LAMBTON Jaffas coach David Tanchevski is hoping to sign "one or two" more experienced players after adding proven goalscorer John Majurovski to his side for their maiden Northern NSW State League campaign next year.

Tanchevski confirmed yesterday that the three-time NNSW State League leading scorer would join the promoted squad in 2013 along with former Jets Youth players Abe Wheelhouse and James Fogarty.

He said Lambton's starting side from their First Division major and minor premiership victories had also been retained, giving them a foundation of a competitive side in the top tier.

"We've got a good young squad already and Maj gives us a proven goalscorer," Tanchevski said.

"Eight out of our starting 11 this year had state league experience, so with Maj and Abe coming on board, I think another one or two experienced players is all we'll need."

Majurovski was sent off in Hamilton's 4-1 grand final loss to Broadmeadow in September for calling referee Rod Allen a cheat.

In other state league player movements, Tom and Sam Walker have switched from reigning minor premiers Hamilton Olympic to Lake Macquarie.

Tom Walker was a key player for Olympic in their minor premiership run this year after transferring from West Wallsend.

They join Joel Witherdin (moved to Melbourne), Daniel Casciaroli (Broadmeadow) and Mat Austin (retirement) in leaving Hamilton, who will regain Matthew and Andrew Swan from overseas and Kyle Hodges from Charlestown.

Lake Macquarie have also recruited former Edgeworth player Sam DiRienzo.

Good signing for Lambton.

Even more impressed with Lakes signings. Walker brothers are a huge signing, DiRienzo I remember watching, and thought he had huge potential.
adding to Bray Smith they have assembled a good squad.

Olympic continuing to lose players, but replacing with swan brothers is good quality.

In relation to the last subject, if Lakes are solely relying on $10-$15k nett income from 6 a side they certainly will be in trouble.
Im sure they are getting more secure funds from elsewhere.

Old Wise Man
10-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Is this only the19s NEWFM thread?

If not, why is there no talk of 1st grade teams???

I thought there would be some discussion for prmotion this year?

Adamston, Maitland being the favourites
With Belswans being the dark horses?

I heard Adamstown lost nearly all of their 23s players because of the 1st grade coach and the way he treated the 23s players, so depth could be a problem there?

Maitland are always strong in their 23s.

Belswans 23s made the semis this year but got trounced by the Lambton powerhouse side, so an influx into 1st grade could give them the depth they need also?

I thnk it will be a most interesting year and probably the most open race since they reopened the doors of promotion a few years back

MFKS
11-12-2012, 12:05 AM
As for Lake Macquarie why such the big concern with how they are going?? Clubs need good solid committees and a good playing group to stick together to be at the forefront of the local scene or they slip back through the leagues to New FM Zone etc.

If Lake Macquarie can't get their shit together they will find out the hard way. Plenty of other decent size clubs aren't represented in the NBN so the opportunity is their for clubs to come through and make a mark

Magic and Olympic only got to State League level in the early 90's and look at what they have achieved since. Rather we were getting clubs like that up there than the likes of Westy/Lake Macquarie etc who seem to yo yo between being too good for New FM and not good enough for NBN