PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Australia Cup | Rd of 32 | Newcastle Jets v Adelaide United

Jeterpool
06-07-2022, 09:16 AM
Australia Cup 2022 | Round of 32 | Newcastle Jets v Adelaide United

FIXTURE FACTS

Overall – 52 fixtures between the two teams. Of this, the teams have met on 50 occasions in the A-League and on 2 occasions in the Australia Cup.
Jets Wins - 14, United Wins - 25, Drawn - 13

In Newcastle – 23 matches.
Jets Wins - 9, United Wins - 9, Drawn - 5
In Adelaide - 29 matches
Jets Wins - 5, United Wins - 16, Drawn - 8

Average Home A-League Crowd – 9253
Average Away A-League Crowd - 9108

Goals in Fixture
Jets – 53, United - 73
In Newcastle -
Jets – 25, United - 26

1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 22, United - 24

Cards in Fixture
Jets - 124 (120 yellow, 4 red), United 91 (88 yellow, 3 red)

Last Result -
Newcastle Jets 1 (Thurgate 65') - Adelaide United 2 (0) at Coopers Stadium, A-League, Round 15, Season 2021/22

Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 2021/22 Match day 15

Newcastle JetsAdelaide United
Michael WeierJoe Gauci
Dane InghamJavi Lopez
Jordan ElseyJacob Tratt
Matthew JurmanMichael Jakobsen
Dylan MurnaneRyan Kitto
Mohamed Al-TaayIsaias
Angus ThurgateJuande
Olivier BoumalZack Clough
Daniel PenhaGeorge Blackwood
Savvas SiatravanisCraig Goodwin
Beka MikeltadzeHiroshi Ibusuki

FIXTURE RECORDS

Biggest Win

Jets 4 (Kemp 12’og, Carle 22’, Zelic 68’, Carle 89’) – Adelaide 2 (Valkanis 38, Corbo 67’og) at Hindmarsh Stadium, Round 8, Season 2005/06, 14/10/2005.

Heaviest Defeat

Jets 0 – Adelaide 7 (Djite 2’, 54’, Carrusca 23’, 28’, Boogaard 35’, Cirio 70’, Isais 90+3’) at Hindmarsh Stadium, A-League Season 2014/15 Round 15, 24/01/2015.

Leading Scorers in fixture –

Jets - Joel Griffiths, Nick Carle, Mark Bridge, Matt Thompson, Andrew Nabbout, Ben Kantarovski (3)
United - Marcelo Carrusca (6)

Buddha
06-07-2022, 09:20 AM
Ben Kantarovski scoring 3 goals gee whiz

Frodo
06-07-2022, 11:22 AM
Ben Kantarovski scoring 3 goals gee whiz

Fark, Just imagine what would happen if Kanta came back and scored himself a goal this season, the scenes would be amazing.

belchardo
06-07-2022, 01:18 PM
Fark, Just imagine what would happen if Kanta came back and scored himself a goal this season, the scenes would be amazing.

Against the mariners, to win the championship.

ForeverRed
07-07-2022, 05:17 PM
Mat Miller returns to Australia https://bit.ly/3IiLUVl

Alton
08-07-2022, 01:55 PM
Mat Miller returns to Australia https://bit.ly/3IiLUVl

Ordinary player

turbojetfireV8
16-07-2022, 07:49 PM
Club sent out ticketing info today:

AUSTRALIA CUP TICKETS - ON SALE MONDAY!

Newcastle Jets will continue their Australia Cup campaign in two weeks time, when they line up against fellow A-League club, Adelaide United, in the round of 32.

Tickets will be available for purchase from 10am on Monday 18 July, with all Jets members able to access discounted tickets for the clash.

Jets Members can purchase discounted tickets at $15 each (adults).

All juniors (12/u) go free with a paying adult, as part of our Kids Go Free promotion*.

Please ensure you use the link below to access the Members Only price. If you click on the public link, the discount won't be applied.

Bays 54-56 in the Western Grandstand will be reserved for Members only for this match, but please note that there is no reserved seating within this area. Members are not restricted to these seats and may elect to sit elsewhere in the Stadium if they wish. All other areas of the stadium are general admission seating only.

The Jets have competed in the Final Rounds of the Australia Cup on six occasions, with a Quarter Final appearance in 2019 their best-ever showing in the national knockout tournament run by Football Australia.

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS
(FROM 10AM, MONDAY 18 JULY)

AUSTRALIA CUP - ROUND OF 32

Saturday 30 July

Newcastle Jets v Adelaide United

McDonald Jones Stadium

Gates Open: 6.30pm

Kick Off: 7.30pm

TICKETING INFO:

ADULTS - $25

MEMBERS - $15

CONCESSION - $15

*KIDS GO FREE (12/u) WITH A PAYING ADULT (up to 3 per adult)

TICKETS ON SALE FROM MONDAY 18 JULY, 10AM

Jeterpool
19-07-2022, 10:08 AM
11 days until the match. Line up predictions for the Jets?

I think Weier will start in goal ahead of Duncan.

Our back 4 will be what we have seen at the end of last year - Inghan, Elsey, Jurman and Hoffman, though McGarry could be the one to come in for Hoff.

Midfield 3 of O'Neill, Thurgate and Grozos (though we haven't seen him re-sign yet).

Front 3 of Sotirio, Mikeltadze and Piscopo.

Bench of Duncan, McGarry, Buhagiar, Al-Taay (if he has re-signed), Goodwin, Natta and Jordan.

It's maybe not the line up I would choose, but I think it's the line up that will start.

Jeterpool
19-07-2022, 03:20 PM
Jets social media have put out a video highlights of an inter-club trial that happened over the weekend

https://twitter.com/NewcastleJetsFC/status/1549221481863086080

Jeterpool
30-07-2022, 07:50 AM
Bump.

Game day

The Hacker
30-07-2022, 11:58 AM
Bump.

Game day

How are we going to line up

ForeverRed
30-07-2022, 01:08 PM
How are we going to line upprobably in single file as they make their way out onto the pitch

Jeterpool
30-07-2022, 05:05 PM
How are we going to line up

I haven't changed my mind from my earlier post. Only change I could see is Piscopo centrally, Buhagiar to the wing and Grozos dropping out

MFKS
30-07-2022, 08:32 PM
I haven't changed my mind from my earlier post. Only change I could see is Piscopo centrally, Buhagiar to the wing and Grozos dropping out

Let's call a spade a spade

These two line ups

We are better and should win

Pissants ain't even got their best players here

Maito Mitch
30-07-2022, 09:26 PM
The most notable thing from the first half is that any hope of 10/paramount improving the quality of their streaming for season 2 is absolutely gone. It's garbage. It's so distracting from the match

Weier is great. That's about it

baldrick
30-07-2022, 09:38 PM
The most notable thing from the first half is that any hope of 10/paramount improving the quality of their streaming for season 2 is absolutely gone. It's garbage. It's so distracting from the match

It’s like watching a live stream from someone using their phone from the top deck of the grandstand.

evolution
30-07-2022, 10:08 PM
It's a shit cup anyway

matty
30-07-2022, 10:09 PM
Welcome to another year of shit lads, glad the seasons resumed to normal service

turbojetfireV8
30-07-2022, 10:24 PM
wow, that was average in the better bits, some of our team looked like it really was the first time they'd ever played together at times...

MFKS
31-07-2022, 12:14 AM
Brandon O Neill is either well out of condition or he is slow as ****

Can see why we got him

Buhagier is a headless chook with limited actual talent and is a Gypo

Sotiorio well I wasn't expecting much as I know he is useless in attack but I was even surprised at how incompetent he is in defence

McGarry should be starting left back over Hoff every day of the week

Need to get some foreigners into the line up as we are shit without them

mic22
31-07-2022, 10:26 AM
Let's hope Piscopo can spice up things a little... based on yesterday, we'll be lucky if we score 20 goals all season.

Bremsstrahlung
31-07-2022, 10:49 AM
I enjoyed the press in the second half. Thought Adelaide really struggled to get anything going or build anything.

For the possession and position we had, thought we really struggled for creativity. Thurgate’s cut back probably the most creative we looked.
Hopefully Beka is just getting all his stray shots out pre season.

Thought Buhagiar should have done a bit better with his shot in second half, straight to keeper.
Defensively we looked okay. Not great. But not horrible.

Going to miss Penha.

Jetmaster
31-07-2022, 10:57 AM
Looked leggy but this is explained by Pappas absolutely smashing them physically from the start of training. Also have had to train on plastic pitches as Maitland has been flooded.

Disappointing, but with Piscopo and four more signings to come in starting this week there is room for substantial improvement. BTW, McGarry looked good on the attack.

turbojetfireV8
31-07-2022, 01:42 PM
Disappointing, but with Piscopo and four more signings to come in starting this week there is room for substantial improvement. BTW, McGarry looked good on the attack.

Let's hope one of them isn't the pastey looking Scot striker Griffiths they were touting on the socials then (no matter how well he can play in a Scottish winter comp), bloke looks like he'd melt in the middle of an Aussie summer...

Jeterpool
31-07-2022, 02:14 PM
Word is Stynes and Timmins, who were released from Glory...and are managed by the same agency as most of our squad... are joining us

skullboy
31-07-2022, 04:52 PM
Let's hope one of them isn't the pastey looking Scot striker Griffiths they were touting on the socials then (no matter how well he can play in a Scottish winter comp), bloke looks like he'd melt in the middle of an Aussie summer...

No chance we’ll sign Griffiths. He’s too lazy to run around aimlessly all game and actually has the skill and ability to put the ball in the net. He’s the absolute antithesis of a jets player.

Maito Mitch
31-07-2022, 06:18 PM
Word is Stynes and Timmins, who were released from Glory...and are managed by the same agency as most of our squad... are joining us

And what happens when we lose the link to this agency?

Rhetorical question obviously

I thought McGarry looked good when he came on. I love Hoff but hopefully his days as a first choice starter are coming to an end

I thought Buhagiar and Sotirio were our two worst. But to be fair I had it in for them before the game even started so I'm probably not a fair judge.

Bit unfair to judge on only one preseason performance but I think we've turned Brandon O'Neill into an ordinary player already

Thank Griff for Gus. Easily our best player

evolution
31-07-2022, 07:57 PM
At least the Gypos have also crashed out.

turbojetfireV8
31-07-2022, 08:49 PM
actually just in passing and *that* agency, why do we now have two Grozos', noticed the P version in the sub lineup list, felt a bit like Petratos' without the benefits...

Couscous
31-07-2022, 09:34 PM
We lost. But we weren't as bad as I feared we'd be.

Buddha
31-07-2022, 10:26 PM
No chance we’ll sign Griffiths. He’s too lazy to run around aimlessly all game and actually has the skill and ability to put the ball in the net. He’s the absolute antithesis of a jets player.

**** Griffiths, he's a nonce and therefore should be sent to the gypos or WSW

Buddha
31-07-2022, 10:26 PM
Great to see the Jets are back to their painful best

Couscous
01-08-2022, 11:20 AM

Hey, it's pretty interesting to hear this criticism of Papas, isn't it? Very familiar criticism.