PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Zone League final series

Jardelsimage
24-08-2022, 10:41 AM
Hey all just heard a rumour, which i hope is.

The ZL grand Finals will be as follows.

ZL2 & ZL3 will be played on a Friday night the 16th Sep at the same venue.
ZL1 will be on the Saturday 17th Sep
ZPL will be on a Sunday 18th Sep

mge61
24-08-2022, 10:55 AM
League 2 and 3 both grades on a Friday night at one venue. Would have to be at the Macquarie Bank at Speers Point wouldn’t it.

VelkiKurac
24-08-2022, 11:09 AM

Dumbest idea

VelkiKurac
24-08-2022, 11:10 AM
League 2 and 3 both grades on a Friday night at one venue. Would have to be at the Macquarie Bank at Speers Point wouldn’t it.

Or somewhere like Warners Bay or Westlakes with 2 fields next to each other.
Also dumb.

Villians
24-08-2022, 02:04 PM
i just don't get how you can mess-up the finals so bad -- are they intentionally trying to punish clubs? I feel sorry for the ZL2 and ZL3 finals. Imagine it not only being a Fri night game (will affect availabilities as well) but also sharing a ground to wipe out any atmosphere. Wow.

northern_swan
24-08-2022, 02:52 PM

The zones won't be handing over their cash to Northern. No way it will be there

Jardelsimage
24-08-2022, 03:42 PM
i just don't get how you can mess-up the finals so bad -- are they intentionally trying to punish clubs? I feel sorry for the ZL2 and ZL3 finals. Imagine it not only being a Fri night game (will affect availabilities as well) but also sharing a ground to wipe out any atmosphere. Wow.

this gets me, you play either Saturday or Sunday all year, then they put your finals or GF on a friday night, WTF.

Example: old mate who works permanent arvo so plays ZL3 or ZL2 on the weekends, cant play GF because the only Friday night game he plays all year is the GF, someone needs to get off the weed....
finals start in 2 weeks Friday, not even enough time time to change a shift.

boz-monaut
24-08-2022, 04:13 PM
or just young blokes who work in a bar on weekends

The Hacker
24-08-2022, 04:54 PM
this gets me, you play either Saturday or Sunday all year, then they put your finals or GF on a friday night, WTF.

Example: old mate who works permanent arvo so plays ZL3 or ZL2 on the weekends, cant play GF because the only Friday night game he plays all year is the GF, someone needs to get off the weed....
finals start in 2 weeks Friday, not even enough time time to change a shift.

They have made a balls up again. First it one leg semis then Fri night games. Idiots of the highest

Lichael Richards
24-08-2022, 07:54 PM
hmmm missing a gf because of work? LOL We all have sickies or days off for fishing, punting, mad monday week, world football to name a few.

I think you tough guys we can make it work for 1 fridee arv without a sookfest.

VelkiKurac
25-08-2022, 12:06 PM
Hopefully a good turnout at Monday nights finals series meeting for clubs to voice concerns.

Swanky
25-08-2022, 12:36 PM
Hopefully a good turnout at Monday nights finals series meeting for clubs to voice concerns.

That meeting is for Interdistrict Comps not Zone League comps

VelkiKurac
25-08-2022, 01:10 PM
That meeting is for Interdistrict Comps not Zone League comps
Ok cheers.

jessepinkman
25-08-2022, 08:15 PM
When I played I would have been all over a Friday night grand final. That's an extra 5 minutes in my lungs on the pitch and I dare say at the bottom of the pyramid, most blokes would appreciate the cool night air over the hot arvo sun.

It's one night, the only problem will be if the Zones don't announce it asap, as long as people have the time to make arrangements it will be fine.

2 fields thing is not a great idea though.

VelkiKurac
29-08-2022, 05:26 PM

Confirmed 🤦

The Hacker
29-08-2022, 06:09 PM
Confirmed 🤦

The decisions they make get stranger and stranger.

Any word on venues

gtg
29-08-2022, 06:30 PM
Just when you think it can’t get worse: I’ve just heard that all games are at fletcher.

Can someone please tell me I’m wrong?

namwob99
29-08-2022, 06:47 PM
Just when you think it can’t get worse: I’ve just heard that all games are at fletcher.

Can someone please tell me I’m wrong?
It's legit. Just read the email. 🤦*♂️

The Hacker
29-08-2022, 06:55 PM
It's legit. Just read the email. 🤦*♂️

They have officially lost me. Across the last 5 yrs or so the ZPL GF has had decent crowds and has had hills and good viewing. Everything Fletcher doesn’t have

Zonal Marking
29-08-2022, 07:09 PM
Surely this is a late April fools joke? If they are prepared to go play it out at woop woop then just give the GFs back to the clubs. Imagine Dudley Park for example packed out on GF day. Plus the money made will all go back into the Zone league clubs.

The Hacker
29-08-2022, 07:34 PM
Surely this is a late April fools joke? If they are prepared to go play it out at woop woop then just give the GFs back to the clubs. Imagine Dudley Park for example packed out on GF day. Plus the money made will all go back into the Zone league clubs.

If the Suns and Dudley make the grand final imagine the crowd on a flat ground trying to watch it and good luck keeping the supporters apart especially if it’s flat ground and hard to see. Least at Adamstown town the filled out the hills but away from each other

Lofty
29-08-2022, 07:36 PM
What a shit show. Can’t say I’m surprised.

boz-monaut
29-08-2022, 07:39 PM
there's some aluminium bleachers there - enough to comfortably seat at least 50 people - uncomfortably many, many more

The Hacker
29-08-2022, 07:56 PM
there's some aluminium bleachers there - enough to comfortably seat at least 50 people - uncomfortably many, many more

Yeah the 1/10th the crowd might huddle in there. This is a very underwhelming compared to previous years. I think if clubs thought this was an option or the standard they would of put there hand up

Shere Khan
29-08-2022, 08:12 PM
Just let me confirm what has been posted.
Are all Zone League GF’s being played out of Fletcher?

Swanky
29-08-2022, 08:19 PM
Just let me confirm what has been posted.
Are all Zone League GF’s being played out of Fletcher?

Correct
There will be 7 Grand Finals played on Ground 1 before the ZPL 1st Grade Grand Final

gtg
29-08-2022, 08:30 PM
It sucks for the players. All year players look forward to playing a final at NPL grounds like magic, Charlestown, olympic, etc. but now they have to travel to Fletcher of all places.

From experience, the ground out there is an arid and miserable surface. I feel bad for our ZPL boys who will have to play on the Sunday.

ranger
29-08-2022, 08:45 PM
For such an unusual decision to be made, is it possible only fletcher applied for the grandfinals?

Feel for zl3 and zl2 clubs, obviously the players will make it work but spectators aren't likely to jump in cars and head down to fletcher to cheer on there mates and families.

And yeh, any rain leading into or across the weekend will make pitch pretty rough come Sunday.

gtg
29-08-2022, 08:55 PM
For such an unusual decision to be made, is it possible only fletcher applied for the grandfinals?

No. I know for a fact some NPL clubs applied.

VelkiKurac
29-08-2022, 08:56 PM
No. I know for a fact some NPL clubs applied.

Wow

boz-monaut
29-08-2022, 09:00 PM
From experience, the ground out there is an arid and miserable surface. I feel bad for our ZPL boys who will have to play on the Sunday.

you'll be pleased to know it's actually a really good surface - my daughter had her miniroos game there on the weekend and the surface is really looking great

here's a shot I took - I think many of you guys will be pleasantly surprised with the good set up they've got there (not that I think this whole way they're organising the day is a great idea)

Shere Khan
29-08-2022, 09:19 PM
Boz I’m hearing what you saying but my way of thinking is there’s been no communication between anyone from NPL down.

If they can’t host games (A)
Then farm out the GF’S to their own divisions and let them recoup some money for FFS (B)

I’ve been to some ZPL finals, little own zone league finals that have a massive amount of people attending with all the organising etc I just don’t think it would be what it should be.
No offence to Fletcher.

To me this a chance where Zone should put there foot down and look after us.

The Hacker
29-08-2022, 09:29 PM
Boz I’m hearing what you saying but my way of thinking is there’s been no communication between anyone from NPL down.

Then farm out the GF’S to their own divisions and let them recoup some money for FFS (B)

I’ve been to some ZPL finals, little own zone league finals that have a massive amount of people attending with all the organising etc I just don’t think it would be what it should be.
No offence to Fletcher.

Agreed they are underestimating the crowd that will attend. No offense but Fletcher isn’t set up for it. Maybe an ID grand final is suited out there

The Hacker
29-08-2022, 09:32 PM

No offence to Fletcher.

Agreed they are underestimating the crowd that will attend. No offense but Fletcher isn’t set up for it. Or they are banking that cause the games are out there no one will go and watch cause it’s a trek. Maybe an ID grand final is suited out there.

The clubs need to kick up a stink if they aren’t happy

boz-monaut
29-08-2022, 09:45 PM
I agree that this is a terrible decision to hold it there
- parking is a ****ing nightmare for starters
- it's a long way from anywhere
- there's nothing within coo-ee of the fields, no local pubs or food
- having one single venue for these finals is a terrible idea for many, many reasons, all listed here

there should have been consultation, and if there was, I don't understand who from the clubs would have been for this arrangement - does someone who made this decision have some connection with the facilities out there at Fletcher?

all I am saying is that it's a nice field with a good amenities shed

namwob99
29-08-2022, 09:50 PM
Does someone who made this decision have some connection with the facilities out there at Fletcher?
Sadly that was one of the first things to come to my mind.

Lofty
29-08-2022, 10:13 PM
I can’t understand how a big decision can be made like this without consulting clubs.
If there was an obvious shortage of clubs not offering to host, then surely the federation should reach out.

At the Suns, we offered to host if we could do it on a Saturday, but were shut down. We’ve hosted the previous 3 grand finals in ZPL (prior to the last two seasons without finals). It’s a massive day to run. I don’t understand the obsession of having ZPL last.
By taking it to Maryland, you have cut out countless supporters. Hardly any neutrals will want to head out there.
Lack of public transport options. Next to no one can walk there.

The state of the ground come first grade on Sunday is anyones guess.

anfield
29-08-2022, 11:56 PM
All 4 finals should be at separate grounds, each final is an event in it's own right.

The complex must have 4 sheds?

Jardelsimage
30-08-2022, 07:27 AM
I agree that this is a terrible decision to hold it there
- parking is a ****ing nightmare for starters
- it's a long way from anywhere
- there's nothing within coo-ee of the fields, no local pubs or food
- having one single venue for these finals is a terrible idea for many, many reasons, all listed here

there should have been consultation, and if there was, I don't understand who from the clubs would have been for this arrangement - does someone who made this decision have some connection with the facilities out there at Fletcher?

all I am saying is that it's a nice field with a good amenities shed
you are all forgetting, only one man makes the decision most of the time or maybe there to busy trying to overthrow Northern.

Two tone
30-08-2022, 07:55 AM
The ZPL Grand Final should be played at a ZPL ground and so on down.
Keep the money in each comp FFS how else are clubs going to improve grounds.
Playing at NPL grounds would be nice but your feeding money up and not into zone clubs.

Swanky
30-08-2022, 09:16 AM
I can’t understand how a big decision can be made like this without consulting clubs.
If there was an obvious shortage of clubs not offering to host, then surely the federation should reach out.

At the Suns, we offered to host if we could do it on a Saturday, but were shut down. We’ve hosted the previous 3 grand finals in ZPL (prior to the last two seasons without finals). It’s a massive day to run. I don’t understand the obsession of having ZPL last.
By taking it to Maryland, you have cut out countless supporters. Hardly any neutrals will want to head out there.
Lack of public transport options. Next to no one can walk there.

The state of the ground come first grade on Sunday is anyones guess.

I know Olympic offered Darling St but obviously got turned down

Kurraka have rescheduled games on this Saturday lets hope the rain stays away

riverboy
30-08-2022, 10:06 AM
What a joke, same ground for all finals. What happened to the old rule of playing all grand finals at the best possible venues???

And if you do change it why take it to a club that doesn't have a zone league squad?? My guess is Maryland Fletcher are coming back to zone league next year.

Goatscheese
30-08-2022, 10:33 AM
I know Olympic offered Darling St but obviously got turned down

Kurraka have rescheduled games on this Saturday lets hope the rain stays away

What games have they rescheduled to play this Saturday? The ID finals start this weekend

Jardelsimage
30-08-2022, 10:46 AM
What a joke, same ground for all finals. What happened to the old rule of playing all grand finals at the best possible venues???

And if you do change it why take it to a club that doesn't have a zone league squad?? My guess is Maryland Fletcher are coming back to zone league next year.

or someone has connections with them, big pay day hosting GF's over 3 days.

Jardelsimage
30-08-2022, 10:47 AM
What games have they rescheduled to play this Saturday? The ID finals start this weekend

Community does yes,

The Hacker
30-08-2022, 11:03 AM
or someone has connections with them, big pay day hosting GF's over 3 days.

This is the big question and if it because of that then heads must roll. If you add in Olympic rumour has it that 3 NPL clubs at least applied to host. Not sure how Fletcher beats them all out.
Riverboy is right should go to the best ground available

terry
30-08-2022, 06:31 PM
Luckily we have someone on huge $$ making all these decisions fair and equitable

WeekendWarrior
30-08-2022, 07:14 PM
My club looks unlikely to make finals in any grade but I even find this insane... any likelihood the venue could change? clubs considering formal complaints?

The Hacker
30-08-2022, 09:40 PM
My club looks unlikely to make finals in any grade but I even find this insane... any likelihood the venue could change? clubs considering formal complaints?

They should all band together and demand answers on how this decisions was made. They need to realise they work for the clubs to get the best outcome. This surely isn’t the best outcome

Lofty
30-08-2022, 09:53 PM
Once these people make their minds up, there’s no changing it. Their way or the highway.
The crowds at the games will be about 50% of what they would have been if they were at Adamstown, Magic, Darling street..

Villians
31-08-2022, 12:08 AM
Simple. Federation is going to war with NNSW, and no way they would allow their grand finals to be held at a NNSW club's ground. They're putting politics over what's best for the game. They need to be held accountable for this. There isn't a single club that would be satisfied with this, except for Maryland-Fletcher.

Bremsstrahlung
31-08-2022, 08:25 AM
Anything stopping clubs from objecting and hosting their own GF day, provided the 6 teams/clubs from the division involved are all happy with the idea?
Imo, if there was a unified response that clubs were unhappy, surely their hands would be somewhat forced to allow it.

I’d be arguing ZPL want a good pitch, not one that’s seen a fair amount of traffic over the 2 days prior.

In general, transparency goes a long way. Informing clubs of WHY decisions are made, regardless of what that reason may be, goes along way to keeping parties happy. Maybe it is to announce Maryland fletcher are back in ZPL, maybe it’s a yearly lottery and they won, maybe they met all the criteria the best (publish this), maybe they know a guy who said it’s a good place and they went with that. Whatever the reason, let people know.

The Hacker
31-08-2022, 08:26 AM
Simple. Federation is going to war with NNSW, and no way they would allow their grand finals to be held at a NNSW club's ground. They're putting politics over what's best for the game. They need to be held accountable for this. There isn't a single club that would be satisfied with this, except for Maryland-Fletcher.

Your correct. The clubs need to get together and demand answers and change

VelkiKurac
31-08-2022, 08:53 AM
Rumour is the lighting might not be up the scratch for the Friday nights games so that’s being looked at now after the federation received a email about them.

The Hacker
31-08-2022, 08:57 AM
Rumour is the lighting might not be up the scratch for the Friday nights games so that’s being looked at now after the federation received a email about them.

Word on the street is they have no Liqour license either. Celebrate a win with a raspberry cordial

rawr.
31-08-2022, 08:59 AM
you are all forgetting, only one man makes the decision most of the time or maybe there to busy trying to overthrow Northern.

One man making a decision? Just blatantly untrue.

VelkiKurac
31-08-2022, 09:00 AM
Wow what a joke!

VelkiKurac
31-08-2022, 09:00 AM
Word on the street is they have no Liqour license either. Celebrate a win with a raspberry cordial

Wow what a joke!

Lofty
31-08-2022, 09:12 AM
First finals series in three seasons and it's an absolute farce.

The zones only thinking about themselves with no thought whatsoever about the community clubs, volunteers, players and supporters. When will they realise that the game is not about them?

Jardelsimage
31-08-2022, 11:13 AM
One man making a decision? Just blatantly untrue.

he has a lot of pull

Swanky
31-08-2022, 11:24 AM

No liquor licence means you can bring your own eskies. That will cause more issues.

Jardelsimage
31-08-2022, 11:35 AM
No liquor licence means you can bring your own eskies. That will cause more issues.

bring your own fridge

Goatscheese
31-08-2022, 01:40 PM
First finals series in three seasons and it's an absolute farce.

The zones only thinking about themselves with no thought whatsoever about the community clubs, volunteers, players and supporters. When will they realise that the game is not about them?

Probably never, no wonder the Future of Football Review recommends their removal

northern_swan
31-08-2022, 02:18 PM

Council own the grounds, not the clubs.

There is nothing stopping the Zones going to Newcastle Council, hiring Adamstown oval (as an example), running their own canteen & bar or tender it out to clubs for a fee. Anyone with an RSA can apply for a liquor licence on behalf of a club/association for the event. These things take time though & i'm confident that the Zones haven't thought of it and are planning on the run.

Goatscheese
31-08-2022, 04:59 PM
I'm surprised they don't have the RSA, there is the bar upstairs with window walls for perfect viewing

VelkiKurac
31-08-2022, 05:10 PM
I'm surprised they don't have the RSA, there is the bar upstairs with window walls for perfect viewing

Is that the community building that’s not available on GF days ? 😂

Goatscheese
31-08-2022, 05:16 PM
Is that the community building that’s not available on GF days ? 😂

Haha probably

VelkiKurac
31-08-2022, 05:19 PM
Haha probably
That’s what the email says sent to clubs today 🤦😂

VelkiKurac
01-09-2022, 10:07 AM
Rumour is 3 clubs from Zone 2 can’t field teams for the Friday night GF should they make it. Requesting a move to the Saturday. 👀👀

The Hacker
01-09-2022, 10:11 AM
Rumour is 3 clubs from Zone 2 can’t field teams for the Friday night GF should they make it. Requesting a move to the Saturday. 👀👀

Common sense hopefully prevails. Hope then they move all games to decent grounds

Villians
01-09-2022, 01:10 PM
The only thing worse than their decision-making is their unyielding stubbornness

Lofty
01-09-2022, 01:31 PM
The only thing worse than their decision-making is their unyielding stubbornness

Amen.

Heaven forbid they admit they are wrong and try and make it right.

The Hacker
01-09-2022, 02:51 PM
Amen.

Heaven forbid they admit they are wrong and try and make it right.

Your not wrong. Lofty, I was chatting to a Dudley player this morning and he said Suns and Dudley approached the federation together to swap the days that they play the semi as Suns usually play Sat and Dudley Sun and even though both clubs agreed the got a hard no with no reason why. To me that’s mind blowing. Tell me that’s not true and they are so inflexible

Kicktheball
01-09-2022, 03:07 PM
Nothing surprises me with this mob. Firstly who would want to play out at Maryland fletcher? The quality of the surface is not to standard and it is certainly not a great ground to spectate from.

They would want to hope this decision is changed in due course, as a result they have wiped the players chances of playing at a npl ground for the biggest day of the year…

Does anyone know if they may be reversing their decision ?

Villians
01-09-2022, 03:34 PM
Nothing surprises me with this mob. Firstly who would want to play out at Maryland fletcher? The quality of the surface is not to standard and it is certainly not a great ground to spectate from.

They would want to hope this decision is changed in due course, as a result they have wiped the players chances of playing at a npl ground for the biggest day of the year…

Does anyone know if they may be reversing their decision ?

Only way to have this possibly reversed, or at least have them explain themselves, is pressure. May start with Adamstown, Olympic and Magic posting an open letter stating their offer to host the grand finals.

The Hacker
01-09-2022, 03:57 PM
Only way to have this possibly reversed, or at least have them explain themselves, is pressure. May start with Adamstown, Olympic and Magic posting an open letter stating their offer to host the grand finals.

We all know they applied they do every year for the past 10yrs plus

ranger
01-09-2022, 05:23 PM
Would an open letter from all clubs involved be a better option?

Someone can get into contact with everyone via the wet weather contacts or socials - they might not be the correct person at each club but they'd be able to point you in direction of presidents, coaches etc.

An open letter from all the clubs playing plus the clubs who are interested in hosting might go a long way?

There has to be more to it that any of us know, cause it's such a unusual decision to be made, especially at a time when they'd probably want most clubs on board with them at the moment.

Zonal Marking
01-09-2022, 06:03 PM
Would an open letter from all clubs involved be a better option?

Someone can get into contact with everyone via the wet weather contacts or socials - they might not be the correct person at each club but they'd be able to point you in direction of presidents, coaches etc.

An open letter from all the clubs playing plus the clubs who are interested in hosting might go a long way?

There has to be more to it that any of us know, cause it's such a unusual decision to be made, especially at a time when they'd probably want most clubs on board with them at the moment.

I think this is a great idea and one I’m sure all clubs involved in finals would happily sign. Judging by the reaction in this thread it appears everyone agrees unanimously in their disapproval of the chosen venue. Newcastle football have a great opportunity here to show that they actually do listen to their stakeholders so if you are reading this NF please do the right thing.

Shere Khan
01-09-2022, 08:42 PM
Looks as though it’s falling apart rapidly.

You can’t expect 4 teams that have played all year on a Sat/Sun to all of a sudden play Fri night with little notice.

I did though see an email, and please correct me if I’m wrong, saying they’ve got a RSA and security and they’ll supply ground officials.

I think they believe that will fix the problem.

Guarantee there will be issues with dressing sheds, parking is bad, terrible for viewing, run out of beer and food ( don’t start me on that hey Jardel) and let’s just see how good the field is end of Sunday after the weather.

To me it’s pretty simple.
ZL 2 and 3 play out there Sat and Sun very comfortably.

ZL 1 and ZPL play Sat and Sun at either of the NPL grounds suggested.

I know there’s a lot of people not happy with our money going to NPL but in a pinch seems best idea. At least you get good facilities and people that can deal with the running of the day.

But hey thats just MY opinion.

mge61
01-09-2022, 08:53 PM
In my opinion we could start by getting RH to explain the decision that they came to in the first place. How could anyone expect people to think this is a good thing for Zone League football.

The Hacker
01-09-2022, 09:14 PM
Looks as though it’s falling apart rapidly.

You can’t expect 4 teams that have played all year on a Sat/Sun to all of a sudden play Fri night with little notice.

I did though see an email, and please correct me if I’m wrong, saying they’ve got a RSA and security and they’ll supply ground officials.

I think they believe that will fix the problem.

Guarantee there will be issues with dressing sheds, parking is bad, terrible for viewing, run out of beer and food ( don’t start me on that hey Jardel) and let’s just see how good the field is end of Sunday after the weather.

To me it’s pretty simple.
ZL 2 and 3 play out there Sat and Sun very comfortably.

ZL 1 and ZPL play Sat and Sun at either of the NPL grounds suggested.

I know there’s a lot of people not happy with our money going to NPL but in a pinch seems best idea. At least you get good facilities and people that can deal with the running of the day.

But hey thats just MY opinion.

I don’t think people care that the money goes to an NPL club because the biggest games of the year are played at grounds that make it feel like a show piece due to facility and ground wise

Jardelsimage
02-09-2022, 08:34 AM
In my opinion we could start by getting RH to explain the decision that they came to in the first place. How could anyone expect people to think this is a good thing for Zone League football.

he does

The Hacker
02-09-2022, 09:46 AM
he does

I love to know how he actually justifies it as being good

boz-monaut
02-09-2022, 09:51 AM
cuts down on travel costs (for him)

The Hacker
02-09-2022, 10:41 AM
cuts down on travel costs (for him)

Surely someone in the organization has read this all and gone ‘gee no one likes this maybe we should change venues’

Goatscheese
02-09-2022, 11:01 AM
Surely someone in the organization has read this all and gone ‘gee no one likes this maybe we should change venues’

That would rely on the zones doing what is best for the game not what is best for themselves.

boz-monaut
02-09-2022, 11:26 AM
no one reads this godforsaken forum other than you angry dads and morons

Suarez
02-09-2022, 04:32 PM
I went and had a look at fletcher ground yesterday and I must say it’s better than any ground zone league has played on this year

Eastwest
02-09-2022, 06:06 PM
I went and had a look at fletcher ground yesterday and I must say it’s better than any ground zone league has played on this year

bahahaha Rusty did do 1 thing. Check the ground.

Lofty
02-09-2022, 06:18 PM

I don't think anyone has said anything about the playing surface other than the potentional state of it for ZPL firsts after all the prior games.
The playing surface is about the only positive about hosting the GF there. Unfortuntely, there are a lot more things that are needed to make it a good day.
Being out in the sticks, not close to anything and not easily accessible for people not wanting to drive doesn't help at all. Crowds will be 50% compared to what they would have been, had it been held closer to town.

Jardelsimage
02-09-2022, 06:31 PM
no one reads this godforsaken forum other than you angry dads and morons

well maybe the mods need to make it better, :rof:

The Hacker
02-09-2022, 08:04 PM
I don't think anyone has said anything about the playing surface other than the potentional state of it for ZPL firsts after all the prior games.
The playing surface is about the only positive about hosting the GF there. Unfortuntely, there are a lot more things that are needed to make it a good day.
Being out in the sticks, not close to anything and not easily accessible for people not wanting to drive doesn't help at all. Crowds will be 50% compared to what they would have been, had it been held closer to town.

This is a good point in ZPL your talking Dudley,Suns, Warner’s Bay and Mayfield/Hamilton good luck getting public transport there or a $60-$80 uber. Crowd will be down so will beer sales cause the people that do go will have to drive anyway

VelkiKurac
05-09-2022, 09:10 AM
Joint letter sent to Newcastle Football from Zone 2&3 clubs regarding concerns about Friday night GF.
Wait and see now.

boz-monaut
05-09-2022, 09:19 AM
can you post a copy of the letter here?

Lofty
05-09-2022, 09:24 AM
We probably should have sent a letter from all Zone leagues about the grand final being out there!

VelkiKurac
05-09-2022, 10:23 AM
can you post a copy of the letter here?

Newcastle Football Association,
South Maitland FC reached out to all the clubs participating in the Zone League two and three finals series and ALL are in agreeance in some respect to the following. We all understand the logistical issues for state league referees and grounds for Grand Finals weekend. Below clubs noted their interest in expressing their concerns of the Friday fixture.
After another disrupted and long season it is vital the Zone League season goes out with a bang. A Grand Final spectacle shouldn’t see players, coaches and supporters have to rush home from work, take additional leave or decide if a late night is suitable for their children.
Many interdistrict teams woke to the news they have been knocked out of the finals series on Saturday due to rain. Many of these participants look up to the Zone League competition and many will not attend on a late Friday evening.
We should be encouraging clubs, junior participants and families to attend the games and then head back to their sponsors after the game. Sponsors will be closed and many juniors and families not wanting to attend.
No matter who plays in the Grand Final clubs agree that we need as many people interested in Grand Final as possible, this includes those who miss out. I know South Maitland FC will be along to watch the Grand Final on a weekend even if we fail to qualify.
We want the best players available and the best possible game on show. Many of the clubs haven’t played many, if any, games on a Friday night this season. Friday night transport is another huge problem for this venue and it will be all too late to head back to our sponsors venues.
The lack of consultation with the clubs about this matter during what is already a testing time for the NNSWF and three Associations is disappointing. The clubs, participants, members, supporters and volunteers should be the Associations priority to ensure football continues to grow in the region and provides a Grand Final series for all to remember.
Hopefully Newcastle Football will reconsider the Grand Final date and provide consultation with the clubs participating in the finals series.
Regards,
Final Series Participating Clubs

VelkiKurac
05-09-2022, 10:25 AM
We probably should have sent a letter from all Zone leagues about the grand final being out there!

I’m sure nearly clubs would support it.

The Hacker
05-09-2022, 12:20 PM
I’m sure nearly clubs would support it.

Agree hard for them to argue with all their members

Goatscheese
05-09-2022, 01:33 PM
Many of these participants look up to the Zone League competition and many will not attend on a late Friday evening.

Are there many attending? I can see some if their Zone league club is in the final and there is a strong connection between Zone and AA/O35 teams but if not, would they be looking to attend?

Swanky
05-09-2022, 06:05 PM
ZPL and ZL1 Final series postponed for a week

ranger
05-09-2022, 06:25 PM
Hypothetically, does that mean if you'd had no wash out games to make up you could be going into a sudden death semi having not played for 3 weeks?

Spewing if the boys had already organised an end of season trip wknd after grandfinals. Every team usually has players that head off on a euro trip after finals too.

Disconnect with this decision making process is impressive.

Do I think if Northern were in charge could they do better.... No.

Do I think Newcastle football could do worse if they'd tried. No.

I think footballs doomed in this region.

Lofty
05-09-2022, 06:30 PM
Absolute joke of a decision. So are teams expected to play with half their teams on the grand final because it’s pushed back a week with two weeks notice and for the second time!

Kicktheball
05-09-2022, 06:32 PM
Nothing seems to amaze me with this lot. You can’t just change the date this close to grand finals, people have made plans FFS

The Hacker
05-09-2022, 06:53 PM
Nothing seems to amaze me with this lot. You can’t just change the date this close to grand finals, people have made plans FFS

If they can’t get their shit sorted and games played by Thurs night. However the table looks is the semis this weekend and then if it washes out top 2 go through

FairPlay2022
05-09-2022, 08:46 PM
Absolute joke of a decision. So are teams expected to play with half their teams on the grand final because it’s pushed back a week with two weeks notice and for the second time!

It’s definitely a last resort but also the most effective one. If the hierarchy of the game aren’t going to listen to our concerns and make these ridiculous decisions without consulting the clubs why don’t we just all band together and forfeit the finals series?

There’s not too many discussions that posters on this forum unanimously agree on but the farce of this finals series appear to be one. Would send a powerful message to those running the competition and by the sounds of it teams will be missing plenty of players anyway. Time to put our money where our mouth is?

FairPlay2022
05-09-2022, 08:47 PM

It’s not too late for that…

Lofty
05-09-2022, 09:31 PM
It’s not too late for that…

Will be done first thing tomorrow.

boz-monaut
05-09-2022, 09:45 PM
post the associations' responses here too please

The Hacker
05-09-2022, 10:01 PM
post the associations' responses here too please

Well if Mayfield knock over Cardiff or have a draw. There is no point dragging it out cause the top 4 is locked in. Semis could be sorted tomorrow night

Shere Khan
05-09-2022, 10:20 PM
They’ve ****ed it again.
As usual.
Wasn’t to hard to fix but no.
Knee jerk reaction to a clear and obvious problem.
Soooooo Zpl and Zl 1 get extended.
Zl2 & 3 play at Kurraka?
Let me guess Sat Sun.
RH it wasn’t where it was when.
Now you’ve ****ed it again because there’s been no communication with anyone.
Let’s see the emails flow at this one.

VelkiKurac
05-09-2022, 10:34 PM
They’ve ****ed it again.
As usual.
Wasn’t to hard to fix but no.
Knee jerk reaction to a clear and obvious problem.
Soooooo Zpl and Zl 1 get extended.
Zl2 & 3 play at Kurraka?
Let me guess Sat Sun.
RH it wasn’t where it was when.
Now you’ve ****ed it again because there’s been no communication with anyone.
Let’s see the emails flow at this one.

Both ZPL 2&3 Saturday 17th

ZPL 1 Sat 24th

ZPL Sun 25th

All games at Fletcher

Lofty
05-09-2022, 10:57 PM
Knee jerk reaction again. Zero communication or consultation.
Couldn’t fix the stuff up of making Friday night grand finals.
Instead of finding alternate venues, they just move the season back for two divisions assuming that everyone has kept 52 weeks of the year free for football commitments.

Mr.beautiful
05-09-2022, 11:22 PM
A summary of Zone league football this season:

Everyone knew about La Niña yet there was zero risk management prior to the start of the season

Weeks and weeks of games canceled with great difficulty trying to re-organise without getting approval from the 3 mafia bosses.

Suddenly late in the season a light bulb goes off and the 3 mafia bosses instruct clubs to play as many games as possible leaving it very late to achieve this. Im not sure what this was supposed to really achieve without communication to councils who have basically permanently closed some grounds for certain clubs. One thing I donÂ’t understand is why are grounds constantly closed? did anyone see the pitches that players such as Johan Cruyff played on? Imo if its good enough for Johan Cruyff to play on then itÂ’s good enough for me.

Then of course came the notification of 1 leg semi-finals which I havenÂ’t heard a single player or club person support.

Then came another notification of the venue for finals which again not a single player or club person supported for the following reasons:
Revenue going to a non zone league club
Transport to venue for supporters
Viewing box at venue shut for a final lol
Horrible pitch quality for zpl
Not enough seats
Friday games limiting player availability and support
Genuine danger to community for drink driving

Well after extensive communication between clubs and outstanding organisational skills and commitment some clubs have played all their games with some players getting season ending injuries along the way due to the increased games within a short period of time. Today these clubs receive the news yes completely out of the blue that the finals have been postponed by a week. These clubs will now go into finals without playing a game for almost 3 weeks. To add to that many players with booked holidays who organised around the original final dates will now miss out of finals.

Anything i miss?

Hurricane
05-09-2022, 11:30 PM
Who is RH

magician
06-09-2022, 05:19 AM
Who is RH

An absolute numpty

Jardelsimage
06-09-2022, 07:28 AM
A summary of Zone league football this season:

Everyone knew about La Niña yet there was zero risk management prior to the start of the season

Weeks and weeks of games canceled with great difficulty trying to re-organise without getting approval from the 3 mafia bosses.

Suddenly late in the season a light bulb goes off and the 3 mafia bosses instruct clubs to play as many games as possible leaving it very late to achieve this. Im not sure what this was supposed to really achieve without communication to councils who have basically permanently closed some grounds for certain clubs. One thing I donÂ’t understand is why are grounds constantly closed? did anyone see the pitches that players such as Johan Cruyff played on? Imo if its good enough for Johan Cruyff to play on then itÂ’s good enough for me.

Then of course came the notification of 1 leg semi-finals which I havenÂ’t heard a single player or club person support.

Then came another notification of the venue for finals which again not a single player or club person supported for the following reasons:
Revenue going to a non zone league club
Transport to venue for supporters
Viewing box at venue shut for a final lol
Horrible pitch quality for zpl
Not enough seats
Friday games limiting player availability and support
Genuine danger to community for drink driving

Well after extensive communication between clubs and outstanding organisational skills and commitment some clubs have played all their games with some players getting season ending injuries along the way due to the increased games within a short period of time. Today these clubs receive the news yes completely out of the blue that the finals have been postponed by a week. These clubs will now go into finals without playing a game for almost 3 weeks. To add to that many players with booked holidays who organised around the original final dates will now miss out of finals.

Anything i miss?

Na i think you nailed it.
Well said.....but i believe the ground surface is pretty good.

The Hacker
06-09-2022, 08:51 AM
Na i think you nailed it.
Well said.....but i believe the ground surface is pretty good.

It was very spot on. Add the fact that after tonight all the semi finalist could be locked in and playing this Saturday in ZPL

Parochial Supporter
06-09-2022, 08:56 AM
So are all planned midweek games still going ahead? Or have any changed to the weekend ?

Jardelsimage
06-09-2022, 08:59 AM
It was very spot on. Add the fact that after tonight all the semi finalist could be locked in and playing this Saturday in ZPL

the rules state that if games are not completed before final series starts, they are deemed to be 1-1 draws.
Thats how we were looking at it this week, can keep adding a week to the comps.

Mr.beautiful
06-09-2022, 09:04 AM
Is there any plans to film/ watch grand finals online? I won’t be able to attend all of them due to location. Bartv still a thing?

Jardelsimage
06-09-2022, 09:05 AM
Is there any plans to film/ watch grand finals online? I won’t be able to attend all of them due to location. Bartv still a thing?

have to work out what dates we are playing first

Raymond019
06-09-2022, 12:31 PM
have to work out what dates we are playing first

Zone Premier League

Semi-Finals – Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 September 2022
Grand Finals – Sunday 25 September 2022

Zone Football League One

Grand Finals – Saturday 24 September 2022

Zone Football League Two

Semi-Finals – Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 September 2022
Grand Finals – Saturday 17 September 2022

Zone Football League Three

Jardelsimage
06-09-2022, 01:00 PM
Zone Premier League

Zone Football League One

Zone Football League Two

i was being sarcastic...

namwob99
06-09-2022, 01:01 PM
Zone Premier League

Zone Football League One

Zone Football League Two

Thanks mate

VelkiKurac
06-09-2022, 02:16 PM
Afternoon,

As the ZFL Manager and on behalf of the ZFL Panel I forward the following apology to all Clubs, Players, and Supporters for attempting to satisfy all possibly scenarios regarding the completion of a less than faultless season; the attempt has meet with issues from the first rain drop to the scheduling of the Knockout Finals and Grand Finals.

If you have planned to play a wash out reset this weekend in League One or Premier, please adjust your schedule to comply with the Reg noted below.

Our apology. Best laid plans…….

So here goes for the third time.

D 43 k - All matches not completed by the end of the Final Competition round (Thursday evening 8th September) shall be declared a 1 – 1, 1 point each result…for all Divisions / Grades.

All Divisions and Grades will play this weekend; 10th and 11th September, in the Knockout Finals to secure a spot in the GFs on 17th & 18th September.

Further details will be distributed for the GF of League One and Premier as they become available

On behalf of the ZFL Panel

Eggs
06-09-2022, 02:49 PM
Afternoon,

As the ZFL Manager and on behalf of the ZFL Panel I forward the following apology to all Clubs, Players, and Supporters for attempting to satisfy all possibly scenarios regarding the completion of a less than faultless season; the attempt has meet with issues from the first rain drop to the scheduling of the Knockout Finals and Grand Finals.

If you have planned to play a wash out reset this weekend in League One or Premier, please adjust your schedule to comply with the Reg noted below.

Our apology. Best laid plans…….

So here goes for the third time.

D 43 k - All matches not completed by the end of the Final Competition round (Thursday evening 8th September) shall be declared a 1 – 1, 1 point each result…for all Divisions / Grades.

All Divisions and Grades will play this weekend; 10th and 11th September, in the Knockout Finals to secure a spot in the GFs on 17th & 18th September.

Further details will be distributed for the GF of League One and Premier as they become available

On behalf of the ZFL Panel

What a shit show !

gtg
06-09-2022, 03:01 PM
What an absolute shambles this is

Lofty
06-09-2022, 03:02 PM
Right decision has been made.

MurderOnZidanesFloor
06-09-2022, 03:34 PM
Heads most roll. What a disaster.
Has Kurraka kept its spot as the venue?

namwob99
06-09-2022, 03:44 PM
What a roller-coaster this is!

FairPlay2022
06-09-2022, 03:47 PM
Correct decision has finally been made. So I assume this means ZPL & ZL1 GFs will no longer be played out at Fletcher because the ZL2 & ZL3 will be there those days? A double win if that is the case!

namwob99
06-09-2022, 03:49 PM
Correct decision has finally been made. So I assume this means ZPL & ZL1 GFs will no longer be played out at Fletcher because the ZL2 & ZL3 will be there those days? A double win if that is the case!

Heard a rumour they're chasing Adamstown for Sat and Sun.

Lofty
06-09-2022, 03:52 PM

Yep. That’s my understanding.

Goatscheese
06-09-2022, 03:52 PM

Tomaree Sports Complex

gtg
06-09-2022, 03:57 PM
Tomaree Sports Complex

Dear God... don't give them any ideas.

Having previously established that olympic and other NPL clubs have requested the zone league finals, let's hope they make the right move and put the boys there for the finals which would salvage what little goodwill Newcastle Football has left.

Negative Police
06-09-2022, 04:41 PM
Tomaree Sports Complex

We're getting rain Thursday and Friday. Not a bad idea

The Hacker
06-09-2022, 06:19 PM
Hats off to the clubs working together for the greater good

Mr.beautiful
06-09-2022, 07:31 PM
A positive outcome but i must say what changed overnight? I find it really sad for the people that made plans to go away this weekend knowing semi finals had been postponed. Also the poor individuals that canceled plans on the weekend of the proposed grand final date that Newcastle football suggested yesterday, so they could be available if their team made grandfinal.

Who knows tomorrow they might postpone it again. Just beyond pathetic on their end but wouldn’t expect anything less from them.

The Hacker
06-09-2022, 08:00 PM
A positive outcome but i must say what changed overnight? I find it really sad for the people that made plans to go away this weekend knowing semi finals had been postponed. Also the poor individuals that canceled plans on the weekend of the proposed grand final date that Newcastle football suggested yesterday, so they could be available if their team made grandfinal.

Who knows tomorrow they might postpone it again. Just beyond pathetic on their end but wouldn’t expect anything less from them.

I’d say moving the GF put more people out that the 12hrs they decided to move semis considering all the clubs were clearly getting together last night. No one made plans to go away

Lofty
06-09-2022, 09:01 PM

I can’t imagine there were too many people who made plans between 5pm yesterday and 1pm today. On the other hand, there were plenty who made plans for seasons end as it was scheduled.

It’s pretty simple really. There was a meeting and email confirmation not too long ago (3 August) which explained how the season would be finished. And that was to drop leg one of the semi finals, play games as best you can. Games unable to be played would be a draw. And most importantly, “No extension to the season GF would be on the 16,17 & 18 September.”

So you can imagine the shock when clubs were given yesterdays news right at the end of the day with no consultation with any clubs and going completely against what was communicated to all clubs less than 5 weeks ago.
The right decision has been made and now we move on.

Lofty
06-09-2022, 09:24 PM

I can’t imagine there were too many people who made plans between 5pm yesterday and 1pm today. On the other hand, there were plenty who made plans for seasons end as it was scheduled.

It’s pretty simple really. There was a meeting and email confirmation not too long ago (3 August) which explained how the season would be finished. And that was to drop leg one of the semi finals, play games as best you can. Games unable to be played would be a draw. And most importantly, “No extension to the season GF would be on the 16,17 & 18 September.”

So you can imagine the shock when clubs were given yesterdays news right at the end of the day with no consultation with any clubs and going completely against what was communicated to all clubs less than 5 weeks ago.
The right decision has been made and now we move on.

samcan
06-09-2022, 11:55 PM
The final series is a farce anyway. We spend 3 hrs overs over 2 weekends to find the best 2 teams then a quick 90 to find the best.

Havent been to any semis since the format changed. Before that I was a canteen machine on major and minors.

Jardelsimage
07-09-2022, 07:16 AM
Dear God... don't give them any ideas.

Having previously established that olympic and other NPL clubs have requested the zone league finals, let's hope they make the right move and put the boys there for the finals which would salvage what little goodwill Newcastle Football has left.

i have heard no NPL clubs requested to host, officially.

gtg
07-09-2022, 10:42 AM
We spend 3 hrs overs over 2 weekends to find the best 2 teams then a quick 90 to find the best.

No actually the best team is decided during the season. This season, the Suns were the best because they came first, Olympic were the best in ZL1, South Maitland in ZL2, and Hamilton azzurri in ZL3.

The final series is a separate thing hence why we base relegation/promotion on the league results.

Mr.beautiful
07-09-2022, 11:46 AM
Well said gtg, on that,

When is the last time Newcastle football had an innovative idea? Something that could improve the comp?

I have one, at the start of next season or in the future, a Zone league cup

Minor premier of Zl3 vs minor premier of ZPL
Minor premier of Zl2 vs minor premier or ZL1

The winners of each tie will face each-other the following weekend to claim the zone league cup!

Just a bit of fun instead of the mundane trial matches, and a good way to raise some money at whichever zone league clubs would host.

Eggs
08-09-2022, 10:48 AM
So are all the finalists locked in?

When are dates/times/venues getting announced?

gtg
08-09-2022, 11:35 AM
Well said gtg, on that,

When is the last time Newcastle football had an innovative idea? Something that could improve the comp?

I have one, at the start of next season or in the future, a Zone league cup

Minor premier of Zl3 vs minor premier of ZPL
Minor premier of Zl2 vs minor premier or ZL1

The winners of each tie will face each-other the following weekend to claim the zone league cup!

Just a bit of fun instead of the mundane trial matches, and a good way to raise some money at whichever zone league clubs would host.

That's a great idea.

Back on topic, I'm hearing rumours that the ground is changing from fletcher to somewhere else. This is obviously the sensible move but I'd need to wait for it to actually happen before getting too excited.

Absolute scenes if it gets moved to Hexham (Azzurri's home ground)...

ranger
08-09-2022, 01:40 PM
Massive shout out to South Maitland Fc for instigating the emails that led to the change of Friday nights ZL2 and 3 finals to Sat and Sun.

They've then gone and booked Maitland Sports ground for all 4 semis this Sunday to ensure they get played with pending rainfall predicted.

Congrats on being positive and proactive.

Goatscheese
08-09-2022, 01:45 PM
Was a post just deleted? Just logged in and saw a poster congratulate South Maitland for doing the legwork and have booked Maitland Sports Field to host finals yet this has now disappeared.

ranger
08-09-2022, 01:46 PM
Massive shout out to South Maitland Fc for instigating the emails that led to the change of Friday nights ZL2 and 3 finals to Sat and Sun.

They've then gone and booked Maitland Sportsground for all 4 ZL2 semis this Sunday to ensure they get played with the possibility of pending rainfall predicted.

ranger
08-09-2022, 01:47 PM
Just semis mate. Sorry was editing post to ensure no confusion with other leagues.

Goatscheese
08-09-2022, 02:12 PM
Just semis mate. Sorry was editing post to ensure no confusion with other leagues.

All good but yes well done to South Maitland

VelkiKurac
08-09-2022, 02:16 PM

They've then gone and booked Maitland Sportsground for all 4 ZL2 semis this Sunday to ensure they get played with the possibility of pending rainfall predicted.

Yes great stuff by South Maitland FC.

Isn’t the Zone 2&3 final both on the Saturday ?

Uzi_89
08-09-2022, 02:29 PM
Waiting on Gameday updates, times and confirmation. It looks like ZL2 semi finals this weekend will be as follows.

Sunday - Maitland No.1 Sportsground

Game 1: SMFC v Barnsley - Reserves 2v3
Game 2: Bolwarra v Branxton - Firsts 2v3
Game 3: Bolwarra v Mayfield - Reserves 1v4
Game 4: SMFC v Mayfield - Firsts 1v4

Great outcome with it looking like Victoria Rd maybe washed out Saturday. Proactive approach by all.

Villians
08-09-2022, 03:00 PM
Doubtful Islington Oval, Minmi Field, Smith Park and Pasadena can survive the downpour coming tomorrow. Are these clubs being proactive about the situation?

Uzi_89
08-09-2022, 04:09 PM
Confirmed

Sunday - Maitland No.1 Sportsground

10am: SMFC v Barnsley - Reserves 2v3
12pm: Bolwarra v Branxton - Firsts 2v3
2pm: Bolwarra v Mayfield - Reserves 1v4
4pm: SMFC v Mayfield - Firsts 1v4

Lofty
08-09-2022, 04:10 PM
ZPL and ZL1 Grand finals are at Darling Street, Hamilton.

Villians
08-09-2022, 04:14 PM
ZL2 and ZL3 at Weston and Adamstown would be a continuation of common sense decision-making.. considering the location of the clubs battling it out...

Swanky
08-09-2022, 04:23 PM
Doubtful Islington Oval, Minmi Field, Smith Park and Pasadena can survive the downpour coming tomorrow. Are these clubs being proactive about the situation?

Hey Nat how much rain we getting tomorrow

AZZURRIZL3
08-09-2022, 04:47 PM
Azzurri and Cardiff’s ZL3 semis have been moved to Tarro rather than Smith Park

Raymond019
08-09-2022, 04:47 PM
ZPL and ZL1 Grand finals are at Darling Street, Hamilton.

This confirmed by Newcastle Football?

Lofty
08-09-2022, 04:50 PM
This confirmed by Newcastle Football?

Yep. Email received an hour ago.

Raymond019
08-09-2022, 04:51 PM
Yep. Email received an hour ago.

Cheers, thanks.

Undertaker
08-09-2022, 11:25 PM
So when do Azzurri play their semi finals in ZPL??…

Wandering
09-09-2022, 10:53 AM
Tomorrow's ZL1 games have been moved to corroba oval Stockton

The new_kid
09-09-2022, 11:00 AM
Good to see some forward thinking from clubs such as Azzurri zpl3 and south Maitland knowing grounds can’t and won’t hold up after rain. I wonder if Newcastle Football had a plan in place or was just leaving it to the clubs to sort out mid week games.

ranger
09-09-2022, 11:28 AM
I think the direction from Newcastle football is if games don't get played it's highest team go straight through to gf.

Lofty
09-09-2022, 11:53 AM
I think the direction from Newcastle football is if games don't get played it's highest team go straight through to gf.

The direction was that all clubs should have a back up plan. But they reiterated the fact that the rules state, if semi finals are washed out that the higher team does progress.

VelkiKurac
09-09-2022, 12:15 PM
So when do Azzurri play their semi finals in ZPL??…
😂😂😂

Mr.beautiful
09-09-2022, 02:15 PM
The direction was that all clubs should have a back up plan. But they reiterated the fact that the rules state, if semi finals are washed out that the higher team does progress.

Why do the clubs need to find a back up plan? Shouldn’t the people running the comp be organising something like that?

gtg
09-09-2022, 03:08 PM
Why do the clubs need to find a back up plan? Shouldn’t the people running the comp be organising something like that?

You're 100% right but if this entire finals saga has taught us anything, it's that those in charge can't run a bath, let alone a local football competition. It's usually up to the likes of Lofty and other at their respective clubs to get shit done.

Eggs
09-09-2022, 03:40 PM
You're 100% right but if this entire finals saga has taught us anything, it's that those in charge can't run a bath, let alone a local football competition. It's usually up to the likes of Lofty and other at their respective clubs to get shit done.

Agree. The teams that have been allocated home semis have basically been told "it's up to you find an alternative ground, but if you don't, you're through to the grand final anyway".

Great system.

Goatscheese
09-09-2022, 04:10 PM
Agree. The teams that have been allocated home semis have basically been told "it's up to you find an alternative ground, but if you don't, you're through to the grand final anyway".

Great system.

A few drops of rain overnight, oops looks like we will have to wash out our grounds. See you next week at the grand final

Mr.beautiful
09-09-2022, 04:41 PM
Zpl finals predictions:

1sts Semis
Suns 2 - 0 mayfield
Dudley 3 - 1 bay

(Grand final Dudley in extra time 3 - 1 win) (there will be a red card)

Ressies semis
Bay 2 - 1 mayfield
Dudley 2 - 0 Cardiff

(Grand final Bay win on penalties 1-1 Dudley)

Zpl 3 semis
Dudley 3 - 1 Mayfield (lol almost typed azzurri as i had these written since Monday)
Suns 7 - 0 Cardiff

( Grand final Suns win 4 - 1 Dudley)

Schultz
10-09-2022, 05:01 PM
Any scores for today?

northern_swan
10-09-2022, 05:34 PM
Any scores for today?

Dudley on Pens I’m told.

Schultz
10-09-2022, 05:40 PM
Dudley on Pens I’m told.

Ooh... Cheers!

FairPlay2022
10-09-2022, 06:03 PM
Dudley got up 1-0 over Warners Bay in a very tight game. Warners Bay on top for large parts but to their credit Dudley defended very well and didn’t give up many chances. An early set piece goal in the first half was the difference. Both teams definitely left it all out there on the field.

northern_swan
10-09-2022, 08:09 PM
Dudley on Pens I’m told.

Maybe that was a lower grade game…I got my info from the wife’s friend who lives behind Lydon :blush:

Jardelsimage
10-09-2022, 08:15 PM
Zpl finals predictions:

1sts Semis
Suns 2 - 0 mayfield
Dudley 3 - 1 bay

Ressies semis
Bay 2 - 1 mayfield
Dudley 2 - 0 Cardiff

Zpl 3 semis
Dudley 3 - 1 Mayfield (lol almost typed azzurri as i had these written since Monday)
Suns 7 - 0 Cardiff

lucky we arent on the punt MR fugly, i would go broke, especially with pick the score

Kicktheball
10-09-2022, 08:51 PM
Zpl finals predictions:

1sts Semis
Suns 2 - 0 mayfield
Dudley 3 - 1 bay

Ressies semis
Bay 2 - 1 mayfield
Dudley 2 - 0 Cardiff

Zpl 3 semis
Suns 7 - 0 Cardiff

Cardiff to much talent and depth to lose in Reggie’s and 1sts, congrats to them.

It’s obvious it is going to be Cardiff v Dudley in 3rds and Cardiff v warners in Reggie’s.

But I hope I am surprised

Mr.beautiful
10-09-2022, 09:15 PM
lucky we arent on the punt MR fugly, i would go broke, especially with pick the score

You guys are relentless lol, please post scores before commenting on results. Believe it or not I don’t have a crystal ball, no idea what happened in ressies and 3rds

Only result posted is Dudley 1-0 in firsts ?

Jardelsimage
11-09-2022, 07:00 AM
You guys are relentless lol, please post scores before commenting on results. Believe it or not I don’t have a crystal ball, no idea what happened in ressies and 3rds

Only result posted is Dudley 1-0 in firsts ?

cardiff v suns
1all, won on pens
cardiff v Dudley
2-0 cardiff

im only commenting on your score predictions, especially suns to win by 7

Mr.beautiful
11-09-2022, 08:12 AM
cardiff v suns
1all, won on pens
cardiff v Dudley
2-0 cardiff

im only commenting on your score predictions, especially suns to win by 7

Well done to Cardiff, very hard to predict as i thought suns might play their ressies players in 3rds given their ressies didn’t make finals.

Ill post my re-assessed grandfinal score-lines once i know who is in tomorrow

Uzi_89
12-09-2022, 01:19 PM
Zone 2 and Zone 3 - Grand Finals

ZL3
Reserves - Azzuri v Croatia
Firsts - Croatia v Cardiff

ZL2
Reserves - Bolwarra v Barsnley
Firsts - South Maitland v Bolwarra

Well done all! Will be a great day.

The Hacker
14-09-2022, 03:52 PM
Any games on BarTV like previous years. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Croatia game without traveling all the way out there

VelkiKurac
14-09-2022, 04:34 PM
Any games on BarTV like previous years. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Croatia game without traveling all the way out there

There might be a live stream via Croatias FB page of the first grade fixture.

Ninja
15-09-2022, 12:30 PM
What's the liquor license scenario at Kurraka?

VelkiKurac
15-09-2022, 12:37 PM
What's the liquor license scenario at Kurraka?

Last thing I heard is they don’t have one and we’re trying to borrow one of the cricket club or something 🤷*

The Hacker
15-09-2022, 01:26 PM
Last thing I heard is they don’t have one and we’re trying to borrow one of the cricket club or something 🤷*

Is this serious. What a stuff up

Jardelsimage
15-09-2022, 01:51 PM
Is this serious. What a stuff up

that's what happens when you give the Zone League (senior men's football comp) to a junior based club, which in turn is run by one of the board members on Newcastle Football? is this correct?

VelkiKurac
15-09-2022, 01:53 PM
that's what happens when you give the Zone League (senior men's football comp) to a junior based club, which in turn is run by one of the board members on Newcastle Football? is this correct?

I heard he coaches there and son plays for them 🤷👀

ForeverRed
15-09-2022, 02:18 PM
Can’t you just enjoy the game without a beer 😂😂, said no one ever

terry
15-09-2022, 02:19 PM
BYO in coke stubbie holders win win win

cell
19-09-2022, 01:05 PM
what ended up happening here? Did they sort you guys out?

Buddha
19-09-2022, 01:14 PM
They were selling drinks at the Canteen, only problem was Beers didnt start till 12pm.

Mr.beautiful
19-09-2022, 03:32 PM
Well done to myself

Predicted correctly who would win the grand final in 1sts and also that there would be a red card!

prawnhead
19-09-2022, 08:16 PM
Well done to myself

Predicted correctly who would win the grand final in 1sts and also that there would be a red card!

Well done mate.