PDA

View Full Version : Squadron Fundraising Thread

timmy_v
04-10-2012, 07:15 AM
As most would know The Squadron is run by the fans for the fans. All the money we spend on TIFO, active support gear, covering the cost for Away buses and all other costs are either fundraised or money is donated by the people among us.

This season, to help with the possibly of my bigger and better TIFO displays we will be running a few Raffles aswell as looking at some other options to fund raise some money for the Group.

First up this Season is a 2012/13 Newcastle United Jets home Shirt bearing the New marquee E.Heskey #9 and it is also signed by him.
Tickets will be limited to 100 and they are $10 a ticket. The shirt will be raffled as soon as all the tickets are sold and it will be drawn by the big man himself (depending he sticks to his promise).

So I'll be selling tickets for this at the Tenzo on Sunday from 1pm and then move into the ground once it gets closer to game time.

Any issues or idea's please shoot me a PM. Also we won't be holding places for any possible tickets in these raffles, it's simply a first in first served system to make it fair for everyone.

Thanks timmy_v

Chadandkira12
04-10-2012, 10:01 AM
Great idea and what about a 50 club where they get a $50 note with the last to numbers on the serial number is less then 50 sell a number for $2 each and make $50 a game

militiamon
04-10-2012, 02:02 PM
wat

boz-monaut
04-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Great idea and what about a 50 club where they get a $50 note with the last to numbers on the serial number is less then 50 sell a number for $2 each and make $50 a gamebetter idea would be the credit card game, where you post your credit card numbers on the forum and if you're lucky you win a prize

pistolpete
04-10-2012, 02:35 PM
better idea would be the credit card game, where you post your credit card numbers on the forum and if you're lucky you win a prize

Great idea. I'll start. Name : Pistol Pete Card Number: 4630 1134 5902 0098

parksey
04-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Great idea and what about a 50 club where they get a $50 note with the last to numbers on the serial number is less then 50 sell a number for $2 each and make $50 a game

yeah seriously i don't understand this at all.

good idea with the raffle, timmy. I'll definitely buy a ticket if there's any left when I get there.

Captain Obvious
04-10-2012, 03:01 PM
better idea would be the credit card game, where you post your credit card numbers on the forum and if you're lucky you win a prize

That probably wouldn't be very safe. Someone could steal your details.

Rocknerd
04-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Great idea. I'll start. Name : Pistol Pete Card Number: 4630 1134 5902 0098

I think for this to be a fair raffle you'd need also add the security codwe from the back of your card as well :lulz:

RedMexican
04-10-2012, 06:21 PM
I think for this to be a fair raffle you'd need also add the security codwe from the back of your card as well :lulz:

yeah i agree

Jardelsimage
04-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Hi all

great ideas to raise money for your squadron, but please take this the right way from someone who is an avid supporter of Newcastle Football and has been since ballboying for KB United.
This season can you all wear the same clothing, red/blue home games, black/white away who cares but stop the rainbow effect.
When we look at the Bay where you all stand and support, sorry but it looks like techno coloured shit.
To all those who continue to wear Gold, sorry its gone, buy a new strip and yes i know some cant afford a new shirt, but cmon.
Please dont take this as squadron bashing, just a little advice from the outside.
easiest way to raise money $2 a ticket, 50 tickets, 1st prize $50 bank $50. expand to 100 tickets if required. cheers
If you want to look like a squadron wear the same uniform, basically.

pistolpete
04-10-2012, 06:30 PM

Sure. It is 537. Hope I win!

sh10
04-10-2012, 06:51 PM
I want the squadron to wear gold only

pistolpete
04-10-2012, 06:58 PM
I reckon Bay 2 should be clothing optional

timmy_v
04-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Hi all

great ideas to raise money for your squadron, but please take this the right way from someone who is an avid supporter of Newcastle Football and has been since ballboying for KB United.
This season can you all wear the same clothing, red/blue home games, black/white away who cares but stop the rainbow effect.
When we look at the Bay where you all stand and support, sorry but it looks like techno coloured shit.
To all those who continue to wear Gold, sorry its gone, buy a new strip and yes i know some cant afford a new shirt, but cmon.
Please dont take this as squadron bashing, just a little advice from the outside.
easiest way to raise money $2 a ticket, 50 tickets, 1st prize $50 bank $50. expand to 100 tickets if required. cheers
If you want to look like a squadron wear the same uniform, basically.

Thanks for the feedback. We have basically done the 100 club but put the prize of the Heskey Shirt up instead.

We cant enforce people to wear certain types of clothing and tbh its up to everyone else. We try to control this the Scarf's we sell every 2nd Season or earlier with demand for them.
Everyone supports the team in their own way and imho id rather us be loud and with the flags and scarfs going crazy then worrying about what people are wearing.

hauss
04-10-2012, 08:04 PM
I reckon Bay 2 should be clothing optional

can't you guys go all brazillian? too much variation in body hair.

furns
04-10-2012, 08:15 PM
If everyone wore the replica kits what would be the point of the Not Kits Thread?

pistolpete
04-10-2012, 08:23 PM
can't you guys go all brazillian? too much variation in body hair.

Local tanning places would make a mint

MFKS
04-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Couple of suggestions.

Buckets for loose change can raise significant amounts of money. Have a whip around 100 people and you can easily get well over $100 Obviously HSG would have to approve to do at Stade de Newy but why limit receiving money from people who are known members of "The Squadron"??

We are all part of "The Squadron" regardless of whether we sit/stand at Bay 2 or not. Many people get great pleasure out of the GF Tifo/ Newcastle Tifo etc so why not let them all contribute. At present it seems to me that you are limiting your revenue to those that head to the Tenzo and sit in Bay 2 and not looking at raising funds from all 10000 members. People will contribute to this cause if they are only asked.

Is their a method available to make a cash donation to the cause and if so how would one go about it???

Reason I ask is that I will make a cash contribution if you desire???

furns
04-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Well we have started that by putting on the coaches to NSW away games mate. Active supporters wont be using them as we all get to the games much earlier and via a prematch pub ;)
The more people who buy seats on these buses, the better the slice we will receive from PSC.

timmy_v
04-10-2012, 09:01 PM
MFKS, we are looking at a donation thing right here on the site, just have to get things sorted with all the legal shit so its all above board etc. We also have the Jetstream that profit runs back into Tifo and the group from.

However, will take your idea's and try to start some talks with the club on what we are allowed to do.

our number one rule is "BY THE FANS FOR THE FANS."

northern_swan
05-10-2012, 02:06 PM
To take on the idea presented above, why not run a 100 club (or 50 club) at the tenzo on home games? Obviously would need to get the ok from the staff, but $2 a ticket, winner gets half, half to TIFO. I reckon people will be happy to buy a ticket or 2 each game, good chance to win some drinking coin, easy way to support the Squadron.

RedMexican
05-10-2012, 07:36 PM
What the footy club at my local do is have meat trays. Obviously that wont work, but maybe talk to the tenzo staff and see if they can do a beer card card or something of the like. And sell the tickets at 2 dollars each, 3 for 5 and 7 for 10 or something