View Full Version : Active Support Feedback Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

q-money
12-01-2013, 12:08 AM
it's like an episode of frasier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awjzCpcSrhc

seldom
12-01-2013, 01:56 AM
would like a few minutes silence for all the players GVE has signed then shafted...ie tiago and ribs from this year to name a couple...yeah yeah don't fit in to his style of play...............what was that again ?

snake
12-01-2013, 09:50 AM
Needs to be a 16th minute applause for Phil Taylor winning his 16th world championship. Not enough praise given for the great man. Anybody who doesn't like Phil or the darts is a deadset homo

the power :wub:

darts is much more interesting than the jerks.

Buddha
12-01-2013, 12:03 PM
There's only one Phil Taylor

pv4
13-01-2013, 12:35 AM
tonight was good by the active boys

one thing I would like to see talked to the club about - when bridges was subbed on the microphone dude said "bridges on, whoever off, etc etc" then people clapped. then, he continued on the mic with something along the lines of "how about we have a big clap for our boys and bring them home"

where we're we, fxxxing bluetongue stadium? he only did it once that I heard, but he tried to go capo on our asses. please end this madness before it becomes a regular thing

Buddha
13-01-2013, 02:38 AM
This might be the many drys I've had but chase the sun should become the song of the people, and be played when people score, bangarang just doesn't cut it for me griffo

Beeen
13-01-2013, 02:53 AM
IMO this. Song for the people. tits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQi7Zpz8ZcM

Superdylan
13-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Not too bad last night however the we travel land and sea chant needs more structure by the....& central coast part

Also kudos to nanana whoah chant, getting better every week :)

q-money
13-01-2013, 04:53 PM
da boyz went sick last night, the v-man up the front going legit H.A.M.

MFKS
13-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Congrats to all in Bay 2 last night for the sterling achievement of no flares being ripped and no punch ups involving Jets fans.

Way to go Keep it up :sparring: :whistling:

Shame it is the F3 derby next weekend in Gypoland and the flare count will be through the roof and the punch ups with Jets fans will only be avoided with the Eggs Day Care Service delivering the 3 points

seldom
13-01-2013, 11:46 PM
snares and flares........................nice

david silva
16-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Backing the Zad's lads.
Love the passion of the squadron and they are a massive influence on the the players, I just don't think I could bring myself to follow the instructions of one bloke with a microphone. Makes active support seem forced

q-money
16-01-2013, 04:54 PM
every team needs a captain m8

Mitchy
16-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Backing the Zad's lads.
Love the passion of the squadron and they are a massive influence on the the players, I just don't think I could bring myself to follow the instructions of one bloke with a microphone. Makes active support seem forced

Flog

Buddha
16-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Defo holding the pocket of one of them

Superdylan
16-01-2013, 07:19 PM
What's everyone's thoughts on a piece on paper with all the chant in order per game? I just have noticed some weeks certain chants get left out....yet some are repeated large amounts of times.

RedMexican
16-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Backing the Zad's lads.

giiit out.

parksey
16-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Backing the Zad's lads.

And wearing bald caps and choosing a new player after the old one leaves after each season isn't forced?

Jeterpool
16-01-2013, 08:49 PM
And wearing bald caps and choosing a new player after the old one leaves after each season isn't forced?

More described as an annual event I believe

militiamon
17-01-2013, 01:23 AM

lol, parksey keen for Round 2.

Pinheads.

Serd1
17-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Was clearly the octogenarian with the plastic bag slowly walking up the stairs who lit the flare. Susest bloke out. Old mate with no shirt and scarf wrapped around his head was quite obviously framed.

Edit: and fxxxing lol at the seccos trying to put the flare out with water :rof:

Thank you, finally someone agreed the guy who got blamed didnt do it...

timmy_v
17-01-2013, 12:44 PM
What's everyone's thoughts on a piece on paper with all the chant in order per game? I just have noticed some weeks certain chants get left out....yet some are repeated large amounts of times.

Best feedback yet.

Buddha
17-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Given the type of people that make up the front half (12-16 year old indie fags) you'd probably be better off sending them a message on their fones or facebooking it because that's all I ever see them do during the match

northern_swan
17-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Given the type of people that make up the front half (12-16 year old indie fags) you'd probably be better off sending them a message on their fones or facebooking it because that's all I ever see them do during the match

Mustn't be on Optus then.... Can't even get fvcking reception during games with those twats...

Serd1
17-01-2013, 02:55 PM

Very Good Idea...

selassie
17-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Best feedback yet.

most people won't be able to tell the difference between you and them. better to have someone there than no one.

pistolpete
17-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Mustn't be on Optus then.... Can't even get fvcking reception during games with those twats...

So frustrating! Ended up going back to Telstra. Couldn't get reception with Optus anywhere even in my farking house!

timmy_v
17-01-2013, 10:02 PM
most people won't be able to tell the difference between you and them. better to have someone there than no one.

so im a indie fag?

selassie
18-01-2013, 10:53 AM
so im a indie fag?

u mad?

was meant to type something about superdyl's comment :oops:

pv4
20-01-2013, 12:13 AM
the group sings louder & more effort for chants like "who are ya", "racist, racist", "stand up if you love the jets", all those shit chants than actually joining in on the legit chants. it makes the majority of the group look like mongs.

here's an idea - help create an epic atmosphere with the proper chants, and make people want to stand up & join in. rather than leaving < half the bay singing their guts out, the other half doing nothing then after the chant has died, start singing "stand up for the jets" then boo when people dont

militiamon
20-01-2013, 01:57 AM
^ Did you dig this up from 2006? :gent:

Beeen
20-01-2013, 02:00 AM
it makes the majority of the group look like mongs.

Fact of the matter is, the majority are mongs.

Beeen
20-01-2013, 02:03 AM
Is there a new reality show being filmed for channel 9? Anyone else enjoy being filmed by acab?

RedMexican
20-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Fact of the matter is, the majority are mongs.
:lulz:

la bazzle
20-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Looked good on tv shame they shoved a mic right amongst the gyps. You could see newy fans jumping but all you could hear was let's go mariners let's go

hawk
20-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Looked good on tv shame they shoved a mic right amongst the gyps. You could see newy fans jumping but all you could hear was let's go mariners let's go

must have been a swimming carnival out the back

selassie
20-01-2013, 03:42 PM
the group sings louder & more effort for chants like "who are ya", "racist, racist", "stand up if you love the jets", all those shit chants than actually joining in on the legit chants. it makes the majority of the group look like mongs.
this is a free society, you can't force people to chant. unless you want to use physical intimidation like da yuropean bultras. better to have people who join in some chants than to have nobody. i welcome anyone.

Is there a new reality show being filmed for channel 9? Anyone else enjoy being filmed by acab?
can someone tell than vandenberg bloke to stop recording everyone? is he working for the double-f a or what?

MFKS
20-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Interesting thing to note from the larger than usual active support was the sentiment from some fans towards Timmy V with the Chant directed at him midway through the first half.

Some may ask the question where are these people every other week at Stade de Newy and why ain't they Active.

Question I ask is why have Bay 2 alienated so many people that they won't go stand with the Squadron week in week out and only turn up at F3 Derby days in Shitford??? Is it people/ideals What is it that keeps our potential active support stuck at 100-300

RedMexican
20-01-2013, 04:14 PM
can someone tell than vandenberg bloke to stop recording everyone? is he working for the double-f a or what?

agreed here.
@MFKS i think its because some people just dont like the active support, eg zads lads, tra or whatever the feck they were/are and that they just target someone usually timmy or furns for whatever reason.
they also have no idea about the time effort that everyone puts into tifo and the like.

Superdylan
20-01-2013, 04:40 PM
agreed here.
@MFKS i think its because some people just dont like the active support, eg zads lads, tra or whatever the feck they were/are and that they just target someone usually timmy or furns for whatever reason.
they also have no idea about the time effort that everyone puts into tifo and the like.

It doesn't help in a country where a majority of fans have been brought up in the sit down, shut up mentality, eat ya sausage rolls and drink your coke.

Regardless the squadron is looking alot better this season then past, much less cut outs in the bay :)

A southern terrace would drive numbers up :)

militiamon
20-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Some may ask the question where are these people every other week at Stade de Newy and why ain't they Active.

Question I ask is why have Bay 2 alienated so many people that they won't go stand with the Squadron week in week out and only turn up at F3 Derby days in Shitford??? Is it people/ideals What is it that keeps our potential active support stuck at 100-300

The reason is simple. Away support at Bluetongue is designated as two bays. Home support at Hunter Stadium is the whole stadium minus one bay. At away games people can buy seats elsewhere, but for the most part the majority get seats in or around the away bays.

fwiw I agree with selassie, would rather have a packed away bay with most people pitching in every now and then, as opposed to 20 or 30 'hardcore ultra h00lz' who sing all match but still look like 20 or 30 people.

sammydog
20-01-2013, 05:34 PM
The reason is simple. Away support at Bluetongue is designated as two bays. Home support at Hunter Stadium is the whole stadium minus one bay. At away games people can buy seats elsewhere, but for the most part the majority get seats in or around the away bays.

fwiw I agree with selassie, would rather have a packed away bay with most people pitching in every now and then, as opposed to 20 or 30 'hardcore ultra h00lz' who sing all match but still look like 20 or 30 people.

I don't sit with the squadron, but I have always wondered why it doesn't grow, but when you have a 30,000 seat stadium and 12,000 crowd, people can stay away from it. Go to an away game and people are forced together.

I don't think the location of Bay 2 helps either at home, but until seats go into the southern hill there probably isn't an alternative as it would all be too spread out unless an area was defined.

Is there any communication between different supporter groups. No harm in seeing how other groups like the RBB have managed to grow so quickly. Do they communicate better outside of games or is there some other reason it works so well for them.

MFKS
20-01-2013, 06:11 PM

Some fair points Militiamon but for some reason people come out of the woodwork and find voices they don't normally have on home outings.

Blame booze and the sale of full strength liquor at games!!!

militiamon
20-01-2013, 06:23 PM
MFKS, were you the one who did the tactical fall when the secco came barging through?

WolfMan
20-01-2013, 07:24 PM
A southern terrace would drive numbers up :)

Me agree. Far better looking down the field as an active supporter then craning your neck whilst singing etc.

Allianz is a perfect example. Everyone can look straight ahead and see it all, Capo still in sight without the fear you are gonna miss something on the pitch.

South Terrace FTW

northern_swan
20-01-2013, 08:31 PM
It was once explained to me that It was felt that the noise made by the squadron would be lost in an open air environment (I.e the southern hill).
I don't know how correct that would be, given the openness of the stands, so pose the question, why not trial the southern hill for a game? Your more hardcore types would gravitate towards the seats at the front, while your teenager/look at me types would be more likely to hang off the periphery, and join in as they feel inclined.
Given the hill appears to be one of the more densely occupied areas of the ground, you may get more joining in chants, hence creating more atmosphere.
At worst, it will be a total flop and the group can head back to bay 2.

I'm not advocating a change as such, but it can't hurt to discuss it.

Superdylan
20-01-2013, 08:44 PM
I like the idea if it's one game however possible problems with over crowding may occur.

lquiquer
20-01-2013, 10:03 PM
It was once explained to me that It was felt that the noise made by the squadron would be lost in an open air environment (I.e the southern hill).
I don't know how correct that would be, given the openness of the stands, so pose the question, why not trial the southern hill for a game? Your more hardcore types would gravitate towards the seats at the front, while your teenager/look at me types would be more likely to hang off the periphery, and join in as they feel inclined.
Given the hill appears to be one of the more densely occupied areas of the ground, you may get more joining in chants, hence creating more atmosphere.
At worst, it will be a total flop and the group can head back to bay 2.

I'm not advocating a change as such, but it can't hurt to discuss it.

Open air environment is not an issue for RBB... They sure make plenty of noise... Real issue moving to south hill would be related to the seats directly behind the goal posts if they are reserved season holder members??.., but cohabitation with Zads Lads would be great

furns
20-01-2013, 10:16 PM
The problem with this suggestion is that the FFA mandate that an active area needs to be all-seated, and there arent enough seats to accommodate us on the southern hill.
Trust me this has been discussed numerous times, but until they see fit to upgrade the Southern Hill, we are stuck with bay 2.

sammydog
20-01-2013, 10:31 PM
The problem with this suggestion is that the FFA mandate that an active area needs to be all-seated, and there arent enough seats to accommodate us on the southern hill.
Trust me this has been discussed numerous times, but until they see fit to upgrade the Southern Hill, we are stuck with bay 2.

BYO Chair?

MFKS
21-01-2013, 11:44 AM

IS there any particular reason why it needs to be Bay 2??? Being that we have a 30k stadium and fill up 12k of it couldn't you ask for it to be put in the shade of the Western Stand rather than the BBQ Hot Plate the Eastern Stand is???

Would also feel that actually being in spot where you can visually see the away support would also be of benefit to stirring up atmosphere

goaliepersempre
21-01-2013, 11:58 AM
IS there any particular reason why it needs to be Bay 2??? Being that we have a 30k stadium and fill up 12k of it couldn't you ask for it to be put in the shade of the Western Stand rather than the BBQ Hot Plate the Eastern Stand is???

Would also feel that actually being in spot where you can visually see the away support would also be of benefit to stirring up atmosphere

Premium Seating thats why... Give us the cheap seats. Undervalue active support...

Agree something needs to be done re positioning of away bay and our active support

q-money
21-01-2013, 12:11 PM
the new corner terraces would be the business, i.e. bay 60, leads down to a focal point

ain't nothing gonna change though, get used to it

MFKS
21-01-2013, 12:13 PM
MFKS, were you the one who did the tactical fall when the secco came barging through?

We have already established you are stalking me:whistling::rof:

Tactical Fall :lulzturtle: What a term

furns
21-01-2013, 02:56 PM
When we were given an area it was before the western stand was pulled down.

We have had numerous conversations with the Jets each preseason to try to get the away support moved to the western stand across from us, but have been told its not going to happen due to logistics of moving season ticketholders from that area, as well as the location of regional members seats nearby.

goaliepersempre
21-01-2013, 03:23 PM
hell even the curved bay in the north east of the stadium would be better, nobody sits there generally...

belchardo
21-01-2013, 04:24 PM
hell even the curved bay in the north east of the stadium would be better, nobody sits there generally...

you mean between the away bay and the dry hill?

WolfMan
21-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Other thing to remember is the TV cameras. On the eastern side, we as well as any Away support is picked up in the background of any nearby play. This would still be the case if we were located behind a goal, but not so if we were within the Western Stand (i.e the same side of the Stadium the main cameras are on)

goaliepersempre
21-01-2013, 04:52 PM
you mean between the away bay and the dry hill?

opps meant north west lol

militiamon
21-01-2013, 11:09 PM
We have already established you are stalking me:whistling::rof:

Tactical Fall :lulzturtle: What a term

lol, I was the du in the row in front of you who asked if you were a'ight afterwards. Foz celebrity meetup.

q-money
21-01-2013, 11:20 PM
can't believe i did nae meet the foz's greatest celebrity since mayze

militiamon
21-01-2013, 11:50 PM
Let's have a meat n greet :gent:

Vale old foz.

q-money
21-01-2013, 11:51 PM
everybody cum 2 SD's pool next saturday

q-money
21-01-2013, 11:59 PM
this guy might be there

" M8 i don't get it. what the hell made this dickhead to call call us jets supporters especially the member of the squadren "Bogans" As a passionate jets supporter i feel completly insulted because bogans are the type of people who as a ruteral only whatch AFL or Rugby (both codes) in the winter and only watch all types of cricket in the summer and when attending games they aways sit in there seats stairing at the game like that he or she is a zombie. we are known to very voicetruss supporters as we are very passionate on the game and Newcastle Jets."

:rof:

r u voicetruss m8?

pistolpete
22-01-2013, 12:05 AM
voicetruss may become the new squillions

parksey
22-01-2013, 12:11 AM
voicetruss ffs

q-money
22-01-2013, 12:18 AM
it could become a new ruteral

pistolpete
22-01-2013, 12:26 AM
Voicetruss :roflz: loving it

militiamon
22-01-2013, 12:47 AM
Voicetruss 2013.

Should rename the thread "Voicetruss Support Feedback Thread" in honour of this ingenuity.

boz-monaut
22-01-2013, 10:08 AM
who is this voicetruss supporter?

also, was looking up the Portland Timbers wiki page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portland_Timbers) this morning and found this gem

The group began congregating in section 107 to create a European-style rooting section for the club, complete with drumming, flags, scarves, smoke bombs and constant chanting and cheering.

clearly, this is what our active support bays need, more European-style rooting

MFKS
22-01-2013, 11:31 AM
lol, I was the du in the row in front of you who asked if you were a'ight afterwards. Foz celebrity meetup.

Do remember the getting asked if I was alright by you but if I had to point you out in a Police lineup you would be pretty safe.

Far too pissed at SD for running off like a girl after his crowd surfing antics and then the fat **** seco who came charging into our row and causing the tactical fall.

Though wasn't the dumbest thing that happened all night. Got off train at Broadmeadow and was walking toward the tunnel to get out. Noticed some bloke on the train being the fool and started watching him as I was walking.

Walked shin first into one of those railway station seats. Firstly the uncomfortable feeling of taking a good blow to the shins and then the next problem as it didn't draw much blood but prised up a chunk of live skin about 4-5cm long. Took until about Sunday night for the skin to "DIE" off and not present any feeling from there

WolfMan
22-01-2013, 10:58 PM
clearly, this is what our active support bays need, more European-style rooting

I think SB can help us out with this one... :lulz:

seldom
22-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Do remember the getting asked if I was alright by you but if I had to point you out in a Police lineup you would be pretty safe.

Far too pissed at SD for running off like a girl after his crowd surfing antics and then the fat **** seco who came charging into our row and causing the tactical fall.

Though wasn't the dumbest thing that happened all night. Got off train at Broadmeadow and was walking toward the tunnel to get out. Noticed some bloke on the train being the fool and started watching him as I was walking.

Walked shin first into one of those railway station seats. Firstly the uncomfortable feeling of taking a good blow to the shins and then the next problem as it didn't draw much blood but prised up a chunk of live skin about 4-5cm long. Took until about Sunday night for the skin to "DIE" off and not present any feeling from there

broadmeadow tunnel :fright:...hope you got home with your arse intact

MFKS
23-01-2013, 11:55 AM
broadmeadow tunnel :fright:...hope you got home with your arse intact

Why wouldn't I have it is downtown Newy. Why would I feel uncomfortable or threatened in a paradise like this

It's not like I was in some Gypo shithole anymore where I had to have eyes in the back of head in case some freak came at you and you may have needed to Gangnam Style there arse at a moments notice

Bluebeard
25-01-2013, 08:43 PM
safe as houses

MFKS
10-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Some may say supporters get the club they deserve by their level of support. With WSW you can see with their great support they have a club to be proud of. (Obviously there are exceptions to the rules GYPO SCUM)

Then you have us who lurch from one disaster to the next. I was once of the opinion that we as fans were being shitted on by the gods with what our club dishes up to us but I am starting to think we get the circus around our club that we deserve because of the way our fans are.

To all you blokes at Campbelltown singing in the 84th min straight after Cankles scored to make it 2-0

"Your Getting sacked in the morning" and all that other shite directed at the Manager you guys are a ****ING disgrace. The most pleasing aspect is that neither the coach or players or the TV Cameras would have heard it over the RBB on the other side of the ground. 2-0 down away from home against a team in the top 3 on a 4-5 game winning streak being backed by a parochial crowd and you think that is a sackable offence?? FFS

With fans that act this way maybe we as FANS get the CIRCUS of a club we DESERVE??

northern_swan
10-02-2013, 02:01 PM
I for one support the chants and support the fans who have had enough of Van Hitlers regime. Sack the cvnt and get on with selecting a manager who will lead the team forward, instead of childish playing of favourites, picking shit players and making excuses.

GazFish35
10-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Maybe the club and manager are getting the fans they deserve?

It's the whole chicken and egg debate.

How dare fans express an opinion!

Because on the other hand....

We were down 2-0 at a neutral venue,
to a team that didn't exist 12 mths ago,
a team made up of misfits, has-beens, never weres and last chance Charlie's,
coached by a bloke with zero managerial experience at the start of the season.

We were at a stadium that the club made no effort to support fans efforts to get there in numbers, no support of our concerns that the other team's supporters were given earlier access to tickets at 'neutral' event and then witnessed the other club run pregame at a neutral event... Something didn't happen in our favor in Bathurst last year.

Oh, and maybe some are sick of hearing about the uptempo possession based blah blah and not seeing it.

Maybe the disgrace isn't fans demanding more of the club and manager, maybe the real disgrace is the fans who tolerate and accept mediocrity.

Or even just simply fans calling other fans a disgrace for expressing an opinion.

There's two side to every coin.

boz-monaut
10-02-2013, 02:22 PM
some day I'd like to summarise MFKS positions on various issues, e.g. it's the fans fault for having a poorly managed team because of negative chants, which are bad in themselves and fans have no rights to do

perhaps it could be collated in a polite email explaining why he's been banned

Rocknerd
10-02-2013, 02:22 PM
The member may be happy with the mediocrity we are served each week but many of us are not. If you look back to the begining of the resigning of GVE I have said it was a mistake and would leed us to this type of crap, but hey i'm glad I can voice my opinion and regardless of whether we win or lose I'm there supporting the team and singing for 90 minutes which is nothing that many of those in Newy or at C'town last night can say.

Where was regan? where is Ribs? Why do we constantly see underperforming players getting starting spots over players who we know can do the job needed to get results.

**** GVE and **** those who would rather support this crap we see week in week out than an actual team driven to win my a manager who is willing to do what is necessary to win!

10-02-2013, 02:42 PM
The member may be happy with the mediocrity we are served each week but many of us are not. If you look back to the begining of the resigning of GVE I have said it was a mistake and would leed us to this type of crap, but hey i'm glad I can voice my opinion and regardless of whether we win or lose I'm there supporting the team and singing for 90 minutes which is nothing that many of those in Newy or at C'town last night can say.

Where was regan? where is Ribs? Why do we constantly see underperforming players getting starting spots over players who we know can do the job needed to get results.

**** GVE and **** those who would rather support this crap we see week in week out than an actual team driven to win my a manager who is willing to do what is necessary to win!

Amen to that.

q-money
10-02-2013, 04:12 PM
free the member

plague
10-02-2013, 04:34 PM
Maybe the fans were chanting at Deans?
Also, wasn't Member the bloke last year telling all and sundry how shit certain players were?
Bloke is a dead set riddle wrapped in an enigma.

q-money
10-02-2013, 04:50 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=421290217957480&set=vb.100002295164343&type=2&theater

the member's old lady giving some advice

MFKS
10-02-2013, 05:27 PM
free the member

Relax Q Man the Member is still free.

Boz hasn't banned me. I know I have to watch myself coz he can't wait to though!!!

He's been pissed with me ever since I offered to deliver some Laman St Fig Tree Woodchip to him and didn't back up the offer :sparring: :rof:

timmy_v
10-02-2013, 08:32 PM
Always the fans fault.
Has been every season so far.
So whats the difference this season?

hawk
10-02-2013, 10:20 PM
To silly ass fans who sang those vicious chants at Campelltown, I applaud you all, you're tha best comrades.

MFKS
16-02-2013, 12:11 AM
Good effort tonight.

That NA NA NA NA NA NA
Here we go

thing is going off

WolfMan
16-02-2013, 01:37 AM
Commentary from tonight's match - "Well, just when they get on camera they go back to their seats. What are they doing in the Squadron?"

Seconds later after we bounce back up from our seats... "Well they were just getting ready, coz now they're going berserk"

Quality effort lads and lasses

Mitchy
16-02-2013, 01:54 AM
Kids love it

Buddha
16-02-2013, 10:04 AM
Push it real good

Superdylan
16-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Best active support at a home game in a longtime, well in everyone.

MFKS
16-02-2013, 08:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXi-YX_xPxw

Love the gunshot sound of the drum. Not having the faintest clue about drumming is that possible for Furns to acheive or would it require a different drum

Blackmac79
16-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Need a snare.

Furns needs to learn that rolling beat for the clapping part though.

furns
16-02-2013, 09:48 PM
reworked my drum last night, took the base off and put a tighter skin on the top. Sounded much better according to the assembled mongs.

Will be working on sorting the beat out for the next game.

BodyNovo
16-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Make thanks to Perth away

hawk
16-02-2013, 10:35 PM
reworked my drum last night, took the base off and put a tighter skin on the top. Sounded much better according to the assembled mongs.

Will be working on sorting the beat out for the next game.

:) split bay chant was effective, works best under a full moon

sh10
16-02-2013, 10:44 PM
on TV it appeared that the squadron's average age last night was 16 (and that's being generous)

MFKS
16-02-2013, 10:47 PM
on TV it appeared that the squadron's average age last night was 16 (and that's being generous)

Get more years of service out of them by starting them young

timmy_v
16-02-2013, 11:07 PM

And?

hawk
16-02-2013, 11:12 PM
All of those kids had a great time and will be back with mates. then one day they will be 25 with a jets shirt instead of eggball shirt. well most of.

militiamon
16-02-2013, 11:48 PM
:) split bay chant was effective, works best under a full moon

Was very illuminating imo.

selassie
17-02-2013, 12:40 PM
. no to gypo style ground announcer gee-ups during the game

. stop recording stuff on your cameras and starting supporting the team

Blackmac79
17-02-2013, 12:46 PM
Selassie keeping it simple and true.

q-money
17-02-2013, 01:18 PM
five blokes with their ****ing phones out recording shit smh

SexPestFromKotaraSouth
18-02-2013, 12:18 PM

from where I sat above the Squadron it looked that way too

Get more years of service out of them by starting them young

oh yeah!!!!

Div
19-02-2013, 12:20 AM
Thinking about getting blind at the tenzo and then joining in with you squadron lads this week, is that acceptable?

I always feel guilty watching from the Western grandstand.

terry
19-02-2013, 12:44 AM
Thinking about getting blind at the tenzo and then joining in with you squadron lads this week, is that acceptable?
I always feel guilty watching from the Western grandstand.

thats life getitintoya

timmy_v
19-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Just get blind after the game so then your up for the 90minutes

snake
20-02-2013, 11:17 AM
get blind first

MFKS
20-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Take some peptides they may be illegal for the players performance but the fans don't have to piss in the bottle

pv4
09-03-2013, 01:36 PM
dale cavese went orf.

malinwa will get better. couldn't quite understand/hear lyrics from the hill, but it's a solid chant.

decent drumming last night. was that vandenberg? if so, you're doing well bud

also, the "city of the hunter" chant has so much potential. if everyone put as much effort into it as Au Revior, it'd be killer. everyone should be screaming it. I also understand the hypocrite I'm being - seeing as though I don't usually join active bay for home games. just my opinions

Superdylan
09-03-2013, 02:17 PM
I think it's time to do another poster drop on the seats to explain what bay 2 is about with valid points....like what was done in season 6 when newbies joined bay 2.

I'm willing to put them on the seats aswell.

Might be a good idea if alot of us turn it just a tad earlier to the wsw game aswell as I dare say the rbb will be singing 30 minutes prior to kickoff.

militiamon
09-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Malinwa - need to practice it outside games if we want it to happen. TV got one of the lines a bit messed up, Stretch and Newyrover singing it slowly after each repetition ruined the rhythm of it. imo it is one of the few chants that you want to build up in speed (i.e start off slow, then increase to a faster speed to a point then maintain that speed). Watch how they do it in the original video again to see what I mean.

Ale ale ale oh chant was alright, needs some more work but getting there. Newyrover's bro got the pattern right, should be 2 fast verses then 2 slow (with overhead claps).

Oh yeah and it was Newyrover's bro on the drums, not Vandentard. Did a great job for sure. Only thing that needs working on is his pacing, it was getting too fast for most of the chants in the first half. Tough to get it right on your first day though, and already in the second half he had improved lots.

PS The RBB did this post better.

q-money
09-03-2013, 05:56 PM
forget about the rbb muscles, it's all over

Superdylan
09-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Are bodi and sam gladys really brothers?

militiamon
09-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Hey guys, why can't you be more like the RBB?

Minus the flares, flag-waving, fights, hardcore elements, chants with swearing, standing up in the middle of a game, and passion, of course.

Gladys
09-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Yeah we are SuperDyl. Would like to apologise for the errors last night got a bit nervous with it being my first time, i'm just glad i got the Dale Cavese beat close to the original.

militiamon
10-03-2013, 02:30 AM
Shut up, you did an excellent job. Best fill-in by far.
Hard to get the tempo perfect the first time around, unless you're black like q-money.

The real question is how many chicks added you on facebook after the game?

Oh and SD :rof:

q-money
10-03-2013, 10:40 AM
rhythm is a dancer my white friends

Superdylan
10-03-2013, 04:28 PM
The real question is how many chicks added you on facebook after the game?

This

Top effort you were pretty good on drums gladys.

timmy_v
10-03-2013, 06:05 PM
I was singing

we're newcastle,
we're wonderful,
we're gonna sing, jump and chant until we score
we're gonna win
and we will sing
Supporting Newcastle is everything!

Which fits it a lot better then what I posted earlier

we're newcastle,
we're wonderful,
we're gonna jump and clap and sing until we score
we're gonna win
and we will sing
Supporting Newcastle is everything!

No one is on the same page in the bay. Either people listen to the mega or we don't bother with it.

militiamon
10-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Alright, well I was just going on what was the accepted version on here and what had been sung in previous weeks. No biggie.

fwiw I think both versions sounds about the same, although since singing and chanting are the same thing I prefer the second version.

BodyNovo
10-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Doesn't matter the way it is sung

It's about the pace of it.

A lot of our songs are way to quick and need to be slower and build into a pace.

Play that song in your head do it slower than build it up, sounds a lot better than singing it quick from the get go.

Also needs;

Supporting newcastle is every f**king thing

timmy_v
10-03-2013, 07:20 PM
no lanugage is needed and the pace is fine.

TBH didnt know a version was accepted as it was still bring worked on.

pv4
11-03-2013, 09:51 AM
like "chant" in place of "sing" because we say "sing" a line or two down anyway

how about:
we're newcastle
we're wonderful
we're gonna jump, clap & chant until we score
we're gonna win
and we will sing
the red, blue and gold is everything

i agree with militia - i think once we get to the fast pace, we stay fast. probably needs about 5 (?) slow reps though, so a couple to be introduced, a few as a big group, and then speed it up.

BodyNovo
11-03-2013, 10:10 AM
i prefer supporting newcastle is everything.

i actually was singing it like this on thought at the last part.

and when we win
than will sing
supporting newcastle is everything.

allows for no arrogance in the chant of expected victory.

Superdylan
11-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Can the chant have an ole part?

MFKS
29-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Good effort tonight Timmy V and Bay 2 particularly pre game and first half. Shame our inept players left you and all of us with **** all to really cheer about. You guys were really up against it and put in a pretty good effort despite the shite dished up by the boys in red/blue

Do like how most of you blokes started up 15 mins before kick off instead of just prior to kick off. Maybe look to continue doing that in the future as I feel it got a few around the ground going. May work a little better with a more partisan Newy Crowd than tonight.

Sitting upstairs in the Andrew Johns stand I barely heard the RBB all night as you guys were drowning them out the majority of the time.

For you cockheads wearing Jets colours at the ground taking photos and spending half the game watching the RBB and what they were up to you are a ****ing disgrace. **** OFF and join them if you like what they are doing

militiamon
29-03-2013, 11:35 PM
For you cockheads wearing Jets colours at the ground taking photos and spending half the game watching the RBB and what they were up to you are a ****ing disgrace. **** OFF and join them if you like what they are doing

Precisely.

furns
30-03-2013, 12:36 AM
We trialled having a capo up the back and timmy down the front, and this seemed to work well and could be a good option going forward.

I am hearing people arent a fan of the sitdown during Dale Cavese, I think we just do the overhead claps and save the sitdown for the Torcida chant (which Body and Tim forgot about tonight lol)

Yet again Timmy hit with beers from bay 1 and accosted by random blowins trying to tell him how to do things, who then get physical when people try to reason with them. There will be work done during the offseason to combat this.

To the majority of bay 2 who kept things going until late into the second half, well done that was the best we sounded for ages. We had a nearly full bay and a lot of people were up and active for most of the match.

Onwards and upwards for next season. May as well have fun in the stands especially if its going to continue with this shit on the pitch.

militiamon
30-03-2013, 03:43 AM
Yeah, good effort by all involved, including the extras who came in and had a go. I thought we were strong in the first half, if things had gone differently on the pitch in the second half then it would have been a different story.

Dale Cavese/Moliendo Cafe sitdown is good, just wasn't feeling it being started in the 20somethingth minute when we were 1-0 down and playing like shit.

Chadandkira12
30-03-2013, 08:58 AM
It's a shame that we need 8000 away supporters to get the rest of the crowd involved is it in bay 6 and sing the along with the songs hoping others will join in but no one does they only did the Newcastle chant in the first half.I love how the RBB got all the fans in he corners to do the we sing for wanderers chant shame we can't do it but well done to Timmy for the year and his support every game doesn't matter how we are going he doesn't stop and to the squadron boys that give us a voice congrats look forward to next year

Hunter403
30-03-2013, 09:57 AM
I sit in bay 6 and we do join in. The simple fact is that WSW have a range of chants that are easy to follow and interesting. What is the best that the Squadron comes up with? Newcastle, Newcastle, Newcastle. Dull, boring and unimaginative. Copy some Premier league chants if no one can come up with originals. Get the words out to the crowd so they know what you are saying. I heard one bloke say last night that if it wasn't for the really crap shirts that WSW wear, he would follow them!! the RBB silenced the Sqn last night.

furns
30-03-2013, 11:55 AM
RBB have five chants, thats it. And due to them having multiple bays of actives in a small stadium, their chants are louder and the rest of the stadium is able to hear and join in.
This doesnt happen at Hunter stadium due to the size of the stadium and the squadron only being one bay, and also due to the fact that a lot of our chants are of a different style to the Premier League chants, which we find boring and unimaginative. Do you know how many Sloop John B chants there are in football?? Thousands.
The main crowd chants we have are Come On Newcastle and the Jets chants which work well when the stadium wants to join in, which they did for the first half. Unfortunately with the game going the way they did, they didnt get up the rest of the game.

Pico
30-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Straight off the bat I don't sit in the active support, and don't have anything to do with the squadron.

Putting aside any one persons taste in chants, what the RBB have is people who ****en join in and don't piss about chants not being imaginative enough.

Question for you Hunter403 do you go and join in the active support bays?

You do know there is a song suggestion thread, why don't you type up your suggestions?

What pisses me off is the constant "should be more like RBB", well here is a thought how bout you actually join in, you know like all the RBB fans you talk so highly of, and don't have one little sing-a-long then sit down because you don't like the next chant, or you could sit back as you do now and say your not as good your boring, whilst doing nothing to improve or even contribute to it. I personally find it a bit disrespectful to be bagging a bunch of blokes for their time & effort when you don't even attempt to step up to the plate.

I can only imagine what it would sound like if the squadron copied the who do you sing for chant off wanders, would be more of a response from the crickets in the surrounding suburbs then the rest of the stadium, just look at the results of the old stand up if you love the jets, unfortunately the majority are not as interested in actively supporting our club.

militiamon
30-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Good post Pico.

We had a higher average crowd than the Wanderers this season, yet when we go down there we fill up half a bay, they come up here and fill 5 or 6. It's not that they have more supporters, because they don't, it's the mentality of those supporters.

I think it would be fair to say that most Wanderers fans come from cultural backgrounds where it is normal to be expressive, loud and 'passionate'. They don't get embarrassed about joining in with chants even when they're sitting on the other side of the stadium, and neither do the people around them. The average Jets fan on the other hand comes from a background where yelling out in a group of people is not normal, and reserved only for the loud, drunk or mentally ill.

I'm not saying this as a criticism of our supporters, it's just the way it is. And that is the whole point of this really, there's no point pretending to be something that we're not. Like I said at the start, we have higher crowds than them, just because the majority of these people don't want to participate in 'active' support doesn't make them less valuable.

Finally, lol at people attributing the RBB's success to their chants. I think just about every chant of theirs has been sung by A-League groups previously:

"Who do we sing for?" - done by at least SFC and the Mariners 2-3 years ago ("We sing for Sydney!", "We sing for yellow!")
"Come on come on Wanderers" - done by just about everyone in various shapes and forms

Superdylan
30-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Yes its too true Pete C, I hope after wsw visit its opened the minds of certain jets fans.

My question is what bay would help grow the squadron the best? Still credit to everyone in bay 2 for having a go. Does the squadron need general admission bays around to grow better?

militiamon
30-03-2013, 02:00 PM
If anyone is interested, check out the Herald's article today about the behaviour of the WSW fans (can't find it online). Basically says what a great bunch of people they are, passionate and well behaved, despite the many, many flares and arrest of one person.

Now compare this to the Herald's coverage of our away trip to Gosford in December 2011 where 1 flare was lit and there were a few ejections (no arrests):

FFA sees red over Jets fans

http://cdn.fairfaxregional.com.au/silverstone-feed-data/0dd35c4a-8a9a-4f29-9450-8440ba996146.jpg

FOOTBALL Federation Australia is investigating the behaviour of several Jets fans after Saturday’s 2-0 loss to local rivals the Central Coast at Bluetongue Stadium.

The F3 derby produced ugly scenes late in the match. Jets fans fought among themselves, lit a flare and threw drinks at Mariners substitute Troy Hearfield, a former Jets player, while he was taking a corner.

The Mariners match report said 13 people, believed to be Jets fans, were ejected and seven more were refused entry.

A video posted on YouTube titled ‘‘F3 Derby – Squadron Novocastria’’ shows Jets fans with flares, chanting obscenities on their way to the ground and confronting Mariners fans on the street after the game.

FFA said yesterday that it was examining TV and other video footage to identify unruly fans.

‘‘Incidents have been brought to our attention of what appeared to be Jets supporters, but it’s hard to make that generalisation,’’ an FFA spokesman said.

‘‘We’re certainly conducting an investigation into an incident that involved a flare and one that involved objects, which I think were drinks, being thrown.’’

At the start of the season all A-League clubs agreed to a five-year ban for any fan found lighting a flare during a match.

Jets CEO Robbie Middleby said in a statement last night: ‘‘We are looking into it and will assist the FFA in any way we can.’’

Tim Verschelden, president of the Squadron, said none of the offenders were members of the Jets supporter group and he condemned their behaviour.

‘‘This behaviour happens at every Coast away game,’’ he said.

‘‘These blokes that carry on like this claim to be part of the Squadron, but they aren’t.

‘‘They’re only ring-in blokes when they want to be to get on the piss with their mates in Gosford and cause some trouble.
See your ad here

‘‘In no way do we condone the actions that took place on Saturday night.’’

Verschelden said the fans had tarnished the Squadron’s reputation.

‘‘After all the good stuff we’ve been doing in recent seasons, and especially this year, this is the last thing we needed from the Squadron’s perspective because now the fans of Newcastle are second-guessing us,’’ he said.

The Squadron ‘‘self-policed’’ at away games, which included speaking to ground security before the match.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/440326/ffa-sees-red-over-jets-fans/

Low-flying squadron

ON Saturday, with much excitement, I took my children to watch the Jets v Mariners game at Gosford. I grew up in Newcastle but now reside on the Central Coast, so the family banter started early in the week. When we arrived at the game the Jets Squadron was in full chorus and the excitement built for a great night.

But it was not to be. The behaviour of the Squadron was appalling. Several of their mob were escorted out of the stadium by police and security. Others threw bottles and cups at Mariners players when they were taking corners. Although most of the physical violence was among themselves, some of them preferred to try and provoke spectators with bad language and lewd gestures, rather than watch the game. When they got bored with that they let off flares.

Several Jets fans close to us were obviously cringing, removing their Jets hats and scarves in embarrassment. My 13-year-old felt too afraid to wear his Mariners cap. Shame on all of you.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/440550/low-flying-squadron/

militiamon
30-03-2013, 02:01 PM
continued

Newcastle's soccer louts

Tim Verschelden seems like a decent sort of fellow. Certainly as the president of the Newcastle Jets supporters group, the Squadron, he's ambitious if his efforts to portray the Squadron as a group of civilised people are a fair indication. Time after time he has stood to defend the Squadron against those who blame it for dangerous hooliganism at Jets games and time after time he has been betrayed at the next game. In defending the Squadron against criticism of obscenities, throwing objects at players, brawling and lighting flares, Mr Verschelden has blamed a rogue element, a certain pocket within, but on Thursday in response to news that Football Federation Australia is investigating mob hooliganism among Jets supporters at the Jets-Mariners game last weekend he tried a slightly different tack. He said, in the Herald, that the offenders were not members of the Squadron, that they were ring-ins, that while they claimed to be Squadron members they were not. The problem, Mr Verschelden, is that when we see them with the Squadron we see them as part of the Squadron.
See your ad here

Some of the Jets supporters' thuggery was described in a letter in the Herald on Wednesday by a woman who'd taken her children to the game at Gosford. She described the obscenities, the brawling and the lighting of flares, and a video posted on YouTube (and since withdrawn) showed the Jets supporters' disgusting conduct as they moved as a mob to the Gosford game, at the game and after the game.

Six days before the mother's letter Jets chief Robbie Middleby had his own letter in the Herald. He wrote glowingly of the Squadron and how the Jets were envied by other teams for having such a committed and vocal supporter group behind the club.

Soccer throughout the world seems to attract fans who find their courage in mobs, and it seems that the Jets' thugs are doing their best to emulate Britain's notorious soccer louts. I suggest Mr Verschelden seek the help of the supporters' group for the Newcastle Knights, the Crusade, in cleaning up the Squadron. But, really, does the Squadron have any saving graces? Wouldn't Newcastle be better off if Jets games could be watched only on television?

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/440568/newcastles-soccer-louts/

FFA closes in on flare culprit

FOOTBALL Federation Australia officials have obtained an image of a man they believe may have information about last weekend’s flare-lighting incident at Gosford and hope Newcastle supporter group the Squadron will honour a promise to help identify him.
See your ad here

After studying video footage of the unsavoury episode, which occurred during the Jets’ 2-0 loss to Central Coast last Saturday, FFA believes it is close to pinpointing the culprit.

And FFA’s head of corporate affairs and communications, Kyle Patterson, reiterated warnings yesterday that the person responsible for lighting the flare would face police prosecution and stiff sanctions from the game’s governing body, including a five-year ban from attending A-League matches.

Patterson said FFA was ‘‘absolutely fair-dinkum’’ about cracking down on anti-social conduct from fans attending matches.

‘‘We love the passion, we love the colour, we love the football culture that the A-League has, but we will not tolerate this type of behaviour,’’ Patterson said.

‘‘It’s not acceptable. It’s not negotiable.’’

Patterson said that for sanctions to have the desired effect ‘‘we have to apply them pretty rigorously’’.

He said the game’s governing body had noted comments in the Newcastle Herald yesterday from Squadron spokesman Tim Verschelden.

Verschelden has tried to distance the Squadron from any involvement in Saturday’s incident.

He said the people responsible for ugly scenes such as the flare-lighting and throwing rubbish at Mariners players were ‘‘ring-in blokes’’.

He told the Herald: ‘‘Us senior Squadron blokes will always help any authorities in anything around us.

‘‘We will always make sure we help find out who the culprits are that do these terrible things and make sure we get to the bottom of it.’’

It is understood Bluetongue Stadium management were trying to contact Squadron representatives yesterday to identify a person of interest.

‘‘We’ve got an image of a person who should be known to those people around him,’’ Patterson said.

‘‘It seems he’s celebrating the lighting of a flare.

‘‘If he didn’t do it, he probably knows who did.

‘‘We’re going to work through the process to identify that person, then we’re going to give the person the chance to co-operate with us and explain how the flare was in that proximity.
See your ad here

‘‘If the Squadron are good to their word, which we think they are, they will help us identify the perpetrator who lit that flare.’’

FFA and police have already taken a tough stance on spectator misbehaviour this season.

An Adelaide United fan was banned from Hindmarsh Stadium for lighting a flare after a 1-0 win against Melbourne Victory in October.

The 26-year-old was charged by police with acts to cause harm, possessing and igniting a flare, disorderly behaviour and throwing a missile.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/440366/ffa-closes-in-on-flare-culprit/

Jets Squadron helps police find louts

http://cdn.fairfaxregional.com.au/silverstone-feed-data/cf0e1041-e4bb-4cbb-af81-80c7efc84f3e.jpg

SQUADRON president Tim Verschelden said yesterday that he would help the authorities identify the Newcastle Jets fans who caused the ugly scenes at Saturday’s F3 derby at Bluetongue Stadium.

Up to 13 people, believed to be Jets fans, were ejected and seven more were refused entry and flares were let off inside and outside the Gosford venue.

Groups of Jets and Mariners fans were also captured on YouTube chanting obscenities and attempting to incite each other after the game.

Football Federation Australia is investigating the behaviour of fans and could hand out five-year bans from A-League games to the supporters who let off flares.

A spokesman for the FFA said yesterday that the result of the investigation could be known today.

‘‘We do a lot of work with venues, venue security and local police, so it’s not a simple matter,’’ he said.

‘‘When these matters go from being, with the case of the flares, a football matter to a criminal or civil matter, then we’ve got to be careful we don’t pre-empt anything that the police might want to do.’’

Yesterday many visitors to the Herald website were critical of the Jets supporter group, the Squadron.

Verschelden has denied any of the offenders were Squadron members and condemned their actions.

He went further yesterday, saying he and other senior Squadron members would assist the FFA, Jets and police in identifying the unruly supporters.

‘‘I’ve got nothing to hide,’’ Verschelden said.

‘‘In our role, that’s what we need to do.

‘‘Us senior Squadron blokes will always help any authorities in anything around us.
See your ad here

‘‘We will always make sure we help find out who the culprits are that do these terrible things and make sure we get to the bottom of it.’’

Verschelden said the Squadron also took precautions to prevent trouble at F3 derby matches at Bluetongue Stadium.

This involved speaking to ground security and police days before the game and senior Squadron members addressing fans before and during the game about behaving appropriately.

He said the Squadron controlled its membership to keep out troublemakers.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/440352/jets-squadron-helps-police-find-louts/

MFKS
30-03-2013, 02:02 PM
Yes its too true Pete C, I hope after wsw visit its opened the minds of certain jets fans.

My question is what bay would help grow the squadron the best? Still credit to everyone in bay 2 for having a go. Does the squadron need general admission bays around to grow better?

Precisely right SD. Active support bay/ bays should be unreserved ticketing

I wonder how many stay away coz they feel they ain't ALLOWED to sit their as their ticket indicates a different seat???

As a Member if you wasnt to sit in your seat for game you should be able to.

If you feel the desire to join in the active support for a certain game ie say Gypos at home you shoul be able to front up in the active bay and made to feel welcvome to do so.

It ain't like our 33k capacity is getting close to being breached.

On another note the idiots selling tickets to yesterdays game ****ed up big time. WSW had their allocation in the Druggo Stand so why were their pockets of WSWS scattered across the Jets seats in this stand??? I deadset had at least 50 scattered of them within 10m of me??

I thought the game was categorized as high risk so why allow this type of shit happening???

It wouldn't have taken much to start trouble in the top stand last night if the game had of been closer and their had of been some controversial reffing

GazFish35
30-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Does the squadron need general admission bays around to grow better?

Best SD post ever.

To the unfamiliar it can appear you need to buy a squadron specific ticket to get into bay2/1, bay3 is season ticketed regulars, this would make it very hard to grow in number if people who might want to sit on the fringes for a bit before getting involved don't think they can because a GA ticket doesn't let you near the active bays.

RBB for example are flanked by GA bays, making growth (of numbers and knowledge of chants) much easier.

Furns, tim, can this issue be raised with the club?

I know the hill doesn't meet "allocated" seating requirements with entry and exit points etc etc, but a fence at the top of the first concourse of seats would mean the southern concourse seating might. We could be five rows deep, and a few bays wide.

sammydog
30-03-2013, 02:19 PM
I know the issue has been done to death, and the location can't move due to the hill not being seated, but I think Bay 2 hurts the squadron.

While its in Bay 2, half the crowd can't see and probably cant hear you guys so they can't join in.

People in the western stands do join in with some of the basic stuff (Come on Newcastle) but generally the squadron has moved on as people start to get involved. With other chants, it really is hard to make out what is being sung.

I don't really have an answer, and its sort of chicken and egg stuff. You want people to join in and I think there are lots who do, but it is hard to know what is actually being sung.

Pico
30-03-2013, 03:51 PM
I know the hill doesn't meet "allocated" seating requirements with entry and exit points etc etc, but a fence at the top of the first concourse of seats would mean the southern concourse seating might. We could be five rows deep, and a few bays wide.

I still don't know why the club insists in just allowing the status quo to exist. with a little bit of smart thinking and a little bit of cost they could move the active support out of bay 2 into the front of the southern hill and free up some prime reserved seats for families, whilst putting your standing fans in the obstructed viewing seats & having all your loud boisterous fans all together on the southern drinking hill. Its usually these people who I think would be more likely to join in and help naturally grow numbers.

The entry / exit point I think could be solved, but it would require the club to want to do something. They could for example have access strictly from the pitch level, similar to how they had access for the lower front of the western stand when it was under construction. Have a path from the emergency access point near the terrace with entry from the south entrance area around the front with one or two of the fence gates open to allow access. I actually think the top walkway could be used as a selling point in that it allows much greater patrol ability & entry points for security if there is any trouble, not to mention it allows a good buffer from other fans so there will be no bay jumping from people.

The only thing that might drive the club to do something would be to have a chance to open up a couple of extra bays of reserved community seating. If they are going to try and increase their membership figures, more community memberships would be the ideal target as the entry cost for that membership is minimal.

GazFish35
30-03-2013, 04:43 PM
If anyone is interested, check out the Herald's article today about the behaviour of the WSW fans (can't find it online). Basically says what a great bunch of people they are, passionate and well behaved, despite the many, many flares and arrest of one person.

Now compare this to the Herald's coverage of our away trip to Gosford in December 2011 where 1 flare was lit and there were a few ejections (no arrests):

But everyone's saying we should be more like the RBB.

Help. I'm so confused.

GazFish35
30-03-2013, 05:07 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BGlFA0QCAAEBcXj.jpg

Is this the one Pete?

MFKS
30-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Assuming HSG was to say No to the Squadron moving cart blanche to the Southern Hill seating and you all have to stay in Bay 2 would it even be an idea to send say 15 -20 blokes to go take up seats say half way between Zads Lads and Bay 2 in the seated area???

From there you could start up with the active support at KO just like the Squadron and see who comes down and joins in with you. Could also have some fun with chanting going back and forth over the corner flag between the "Rogue Squadron" and Bay 2.

If you started up doing this quite small even without the clubs approval they couldn't really complain too much when Zads Lads group isn't any different and they are allowed to do what they do

MFKS
30-03-2013, 05:44 PM
RBB have five chants, thats it. And due to them having multiple bays of actives in a small stadium, their chants are louder and the rest of the stadium is able to hear and join in.
This doesnt happen at Hunter stadium due to the size of the stadium and the squadron only being one bay, and also due to the fact that a lot of our chants are of a different style to the Premier League chants, which we find boring and unimaginative. Do you know how many Sloop John B chants there are in football?? Thousands.
The main crowd chants we have are Come On Newcastle and the Jets chants which work well when the stadium wants to join in, which they did for the first half. Unfortunately with the game going the way they did, they didnt get up the rest of the game.

Furns may be the solution here is to actually throw in a couple of the chants that may appeal to the wider support base as well as the more cultured Euro based chants. Not all of them who go to the games are as cultured as those on the Foz who follow this game and our club with the passions we do. Maybe throwing in a few of the boring and unimaginative EPL chants as you find them may appeal a bit more to the uncultured Newy riff raff.

Even the dreaded NEW--CAS--TLE chant that rings out at Knights games maybe useful. After all we are wanting people to participate and get involved. Why deny them of the use of this chant at Jets games just because it's origins emanate from the local league side???

At the end of the day regardless of how boring and uneducated one may find this chant it is unique to the area of OUR club and would most likely be embraced by the majority of our generally silent support base

sammydog
30-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Thats the thing, start simple and then expand from there. Once people as sucked in they are more likely to go for the harder (cultured) stuff.

militiamon
30-03-2013, 05:58 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BGlFA0QCAAEBcXj.jpg

Is this the one Pete?

Yep, that's the one, cheers Gaz.

I wonder how Zad's Lads (who are normally the poster boys for our supporters) would feel about it being described as a fantastic night...

Edit: I should say, I personally didn't see anything wrong with it overall, but the difference in the treatment of the two situations by The Herald is astonishing. And people wonder why The Squadron has an image problem...

Hunter403
30-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Straight off the bat I don't sit in the active support, and don't have anything to do with the squadron.

Putting aside any one persons taste in chants, what the RBB have is people who ****en join in and don't piss about chants not being imaginative enough.

Question for you Hunter403 do you go and join in the active support bays?

You do know there is a song suggestion thread, why don't you type up your suggestions?

What pisses me off is the constant "should be more like RBB", well here is a thought how bout you actually join in, you know like all the RBB fans you talk so highly of, and don't have one little sing-a-long then sit down because you don't like the next chant, or you could sit back as you do now and say your not as good your boring, whilst doing nothing to improve or even contribute to it. I personally find it a bit disrespectful to be bagging a bunch of blokes for their time & effort when you don't even attempt to step up to the plate.

I can only imagine what it would sound like if the squadron copied the who do you sing for chant off wanders, would be more of a response from the crickets in the surrounding suburbs then the rest of the stadium, just look at the results of the old stand up if you love the jets, unfortunately the majority are not as interested in actively supporting our club.

Read what I wrote Pico before you engage your mouth.

I said that their chants were interesting and easy to follow. Even the granny on front of me knew the words. Our supporters can barely understand the words from the Sqn.

Don't put words in my mouth, fool.

At no time did I say be more like RBB.

Nor did I say copy the RBB. I simply put it up for discussion that our chants are unimaginative and boring. They do not encourage people to join in because they are dull.

I also failed to speak highly of the WSW fans. Your imagination knows no bounds.

At no time did I bag anyone. You are being very prescious. If there was a criticsim of anyone in what I wrote it was the failure to promulgate the words to the crowd in general.

Read before going off Pico. You make yourself look stupid.

I sit in Bay 6 because I take my under 10 year old children that don't need to bombarded with swearing all afternoon.

GazFish35
30-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Lets all chill out.

http://cdn.fairfaxregional.com.au/silverstone-feed-data/80c7fff4-79e3-4df9-81b1-8d5260f8f33a.jpg

snake
30-03-2013, 07:46 PM
I sit in Bay 6 because I take my under 10 year old children that don't need to bombarded with swearing all afternoon.

do you home school your kids?

won't somebody please think of the children?

goaliepersempre
30-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Then hunter what do you suggest?

Rocknerd
30-03-2013, 08:12 PM
"The problem is people don't know the chants" you say. Well they were all printed in the Jetstream which we were selling a few seasons back. We'll endevour to get it going again next season so that we can get chant sheets out to the masses so that you can learn the chants. there are some real good stuff in there that leaves the "oh when the Jets stuff" for dead.

If you're new to the scene and want to feel involved look for Furns, Timmy (though he's usually quite busy but he can guide you to one of us to help you out), Blackmac79, Myself, Garfy Fish, or any of the other senior member or Even Mitchy Can help you get sorted.

If you would like to get more involved with Tifo creation approach us, ideas, workers, artists, sewers, painters are always needed and many hands make light work.

As has been mentioned, there is a chants suggestion thread, if you have ideas for chants put them in there and keep pushing the ideas, others will support the best and then we'll get them going on match day. If they take off they'll get added to the offical chants thread and added into the Jetstream Chant lists.

Now I want it made clear that these are my personal opinions and if anyone mentioned disagrees, i'll edit as necessary.

Finally I just want to add that what one wears, whether you wear Offical supporter gear, the latest fashion styles or classy fashion labels on match day it does not add nor detract from your appreciation for the team. The fact that we're all there to Support the team means we're all the best supporters we can be.

Hunter403
30-03-2013, 09:18 PM
do you home school your kids?

won't somebody please think of the children?

No, were you schooled at all? 9 year olds do not need to surrounded by age inappropriate language. Any reasonable parent would agree.

Hunter403
30-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Then hunter what do you suggest?

Get the words of the chants reprinted. Get them on the big screen if possible. If the crowd knows the words, they will more likely join in.

Pico
30-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Read what I wrote Pico before you engage your mouth.

I said that their chants were interesting and easy to follow. Even the granny on front of me knew the words. Our supporters can barely understand the words from the Sqn.

Don't put words in my mouth, fool.

At no time did I say be more like RBB.

Nor did I say copy the RBB. I simply put it up for discussion that our chants are unimaginative and boring. They do not encourage people to join in because they are dull.

I also failed to speak highly of the WSW fans. Your imagination knows no bounds.

At no time did I bag anyone. You are being very prescious. If there was a criticsim of anyone in what I wrote it was the failure to promulgate the words to the crowd in general.

Read before going off Pico. You make yourself look stupid.

What is the best that the Squadron comes up with? Newcastle, Newcastle, Newcastle. Dull, boring and unimaginative

As i said I find it a bit disrespectful to have a dig without offering any solutions or suggestions.

Are you going to personally pay for this 11k printing effort, or are the same blokes who shoulder the dull, unimaginative creation meant to do that too.

How would you like the words delivered, personal messenger pre game, along with a set list. there is 11k fans in the stadium, how exactly should the words be given out, or is that the job of those same unimaginative blokes.

Feel Free to have a read, not hard really, you'll also notice a lack of swearing in them.

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?240-The-Official-Chants-Thread

Here's a couple, don't exactly seem complex to me, seeing as the majority of words appear to be newcastle or newy, or are these all in the boring & unimaginative bin.

Newcastle United Boys
whoaohohohoho
Newcastle United Boys
whoaohohohoho

etc etc

Ole Ole Ole Newy Ole

Woahohohohohohoho

We are Newcastle
sha la la la la
We are Newcastle
sha la la la la
We are Newcastle
sha la la la la la la (clapx7)

I really don't see how these chants can be considered more interesting then the above.

http://www.westsydneyfootball.com/topic/2157-ole-ole/
http://www.westsydneyfootball.com/topic/2159-lambada/
http://www.westsydneyfootball.com/topic/2165-west-west-west-sydney/
http://www.westsydneyfootball.com/topic/2168-western-sydney-wanderers-call-response/
http://www.westsydneyfootball.com/topic/2361-1-2-3-west/
http://www.westsydneyfootball.com/topic/3129-lets-go-fking-mental/

Seems wanders are all very similar and I know that the squadron do sing newy versions because I've heard them all before, even before the RBB even existed, difference is they have a heap more people turn up and sing so they have greater impact.

I could hand deliver a set list and words, hell I could include a personalised drum backing track for each person in the stadium but that does not mean that all of a sudden that people will sing them.

Here is where you need to type out your simple original & imaginative chants or your premier league songs that will better engage the entire stadium.

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?145-The-Song-Suggestion-Thread

GazFish35
30-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Ease up lads.
People getting shot down in flames when they make a suggestion is probably part of the problem.

Lets channel the animosity at GVE.

Raw Boned Youngster
30-03-2013, 10:18 PM
The Squadron is great for the Jets and the game. As others have said, the squadron is only as strong as the level of contribution and effort made by those who want to be involved. good on them I say.

Thomas477
30-03-2013, 10:31 PM
I'll preface my comments by saying I don't sit with the squadron, but I am a supporter of what they do.

I like the idea of redistributing the song list, but maybe instead of the squadron printing and handing them out, perhaps contact the club to see if they could print them out and include them with the membership packs they send out for next year? That way you would have pretty good crowd coverage for a minimum of effort? Plus everyone would get one, so they can bring them along with their scarves and their caps and sing along.

GazFish35
30-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Getting the club to pay for stuff would go against so much of the independence from the club that the group value.

He who pays the piper calls the tune.

A unified effort the get song sheets photocopied at various offices, schools, university libraries and newsagents would be much more likely and be an example of what can be achieved if people work with each other to achieve something, like all the big tifo's of the past.

If next pre-season a call out for people who can photocopy stuff for free is made, lets hope people can step up and help out. AND for people to help distribute them at the gates on game day.

I have a song sheet on file from the zine.
Getting it updated might have to be done by someone who got to more home games than me this year.

Any volunteers?

Bremsstrahlung
30-03-2013, 11:02 PM
I've just started working Western Sydney. A group (6-7) of 35-50 year men have season tickets to Wanderers Games. They walk around work (a public hospital) yelling out to each other "who do you sing for", the other will turn around and call "I sing for wanderers". These guys are pretty passionate. I think it is a bit of a novelty.There's no question their active support in great. As was ours in V1-3ish. I do like the suggestions regarding using the Southern end concourse as squadron bay.

q-money
30-03-2013, 11:12 PM
last night was probably the best it has been for the last half of the season you know. in a game where we were 1 down within 15 minutes the boys did a good job.

it's amazing what a proper match and proper atmosphere does for the group. take away da rbb and people might have actually got around the squadron. 2 capos is pretty good, bodes (y)

also to the grub in an eminem tour t-shirt, "brad" i believe his name is, as chanted by bay 1, who pinged the beer in at timmy in injury time, then ran like a bitch into the arms of his idiot mates, you are a lowlife cocksucker. die in a fire.

snake
30-03-2013, 11:21 PM
No, were you schooled at all? 9 year olds do not need to surrounded by age inappropriate language. Any reasonable parent would agree.

were you schooled at all, doctor?

BodyNovo
31-03-2013, 12:04 AM
**** da rbb

They honestly get all the hype because of that "who do we sing for" and the backwards Poznan stuff.

Don't get me wrong there loud but its there mentality that makes them good.

We punch well above our wait and it takes a premiership winning team support to have people saying we are crap and need to be more like them.

Just imagine the situation reversed yesterday and we were playing for the premiership.

Props to everyone who turned up yesterday and gave it hell.

seldom
31-03-2013, 12:05 AM
shit I went too skool with a bunch of fvckin cvnts,learned heeps

plague
31-03-2013, 12:09 AM
Can someone explain to us non active types what the clubs issue is regarding not giving Squadron the Hill?
Ta.

hawk
31-03-2013, 12:13 AM
I sit in bay 6 and we do join in. The simple fact is that WSW have a range of chants that are easy to follow and interesting. What is the best that the Squadron comes up with? Newcastle, Newcastle, Newcastle. Dull, boring and unimaginative. Copy some Premier league chants if no one can come up with originals. Get the words out to the crowd so they know what you are saying. I heard one bloke say last night that if it wasn't for the really crap shirts that WSW wear, he would follow them!! the RBB silenced the Sqn last night.

Are you a knights fan? I believe the unimaginitive chant you claim to hear is the only word an eggball can remember and pronounce, not done by us. I heard a bloke say....must be gospel. The rbb would have owned any crowd last night. I do realise you are a coastie, lol

belchardo
31-03-2013, 12:18 AM
personally think WSW have one of the best strips in the comp. not sure what this "one bloke" is on about.

furns
31-03-2013, 12:36 AM
Can someone explain to us non active types what the clubs issue is regarding not giving Squadron the Hill?
Ta.
Its not really the club, its the FFA. The FFA have mandated that the active supporters (or home end) needs to be in a bay which can have reserved seating so numbers can be tracked as well as dedicated exits to enable control of the flow of supporters in and out.
Which means that until the Southern Hill is all seater, its out as an alternative.

goaliepersempre
31-03-2013, 01:05 AM
Its not really the club, its the FFA. The FFA have mandated that the active supporters (or home end) needs to be in a bay which can have reserved seating so numbers can be tracked as well as dedicated exits to enable control of the flow of supporters in and out.
Which means that until the Southern Hill is all seater, its out as an alternative. 2015 hopefully lol

militiamon
31-03-2013, 01:43 AM
**** da rbb

They honestly get all the hype because of that "who do we sing for" and the backwards Poznan stuff.

Don't get me wrong there loud but its there mentality that makes them good.

We punch well above our wait and it takes a premiership winning team support to have people saying we are crap and need to be more like them.

Just imagine the situation reversed yesterday and we were playing for the premiership.

Props to everyone who turned up yesterday and gave it hell.

Well said.

I thought we did excellently in the first half, second q-man's comments about the 2 megas, worked a treat.
Lots of new people got in, had a go. tv did well revving up the rest of the crowd with the call and response chants. One of our best efforts this season.

Punching above our weight comment cannot be ignored. We are 9th in terms of population in the league, but 4th in crowd averages for the season (less than 50 behind Brisbane). Ahead of Western Sydney, Heart, Adelaide. All Jets fans can be proud of that fact, especially given our lengthy period of shitness (can anyone remember the last time we were good? 2008?)

In terms of active support, before this season we were only behind MV and SFC in terms of noise + tifo displays. This season WS came in and are now right up in that mix (still fall short on tifo), but behind them I still think we are one the best if not the best.

In short, be proud for the numbers we get around the stadium, for the noise we make, for the colour shown, and the fact that we aren't the Marinators :gent:

Superdylan
31-03-2013, 03:28 AM
Best SD post ever.

To the unfamiliar it can appear you need to buy a squadron specific ticket to get into bay2/1, bay3 is season ticketed regulars, this would make it very hard to grow in number if people who might want to sit on the fringes for a bit before getting involved don't think they can because a GA ticket doesn't let you near the active bays.

RBB for example are flanked by GA bays, making growth (of numbers and knowledge of chants) much easier.

Furns, tim, can this issue be raised with the club?

Thanks gav, would it be possible to get the squadron moved to let's say bay 4 and make bays 1-3 general admin. Or would it cause to many problems with the sit down fans in the eastern stand with structured views especially in bays 5 and 6.

Personally I think the squadron went well this season, much more overhead claps, more people involved to and less cut outs.

Mv Newcastle jets facebook fans page has really exposed more fans knowing each other.

furns
31-03-2013, 04:01 AM
bay 4 wont work SD.

Anyone doubting the efforts of active support on friday need only look at the wsf forums - they are actually quite complimentary that we kept going for 90 minutes despite the shit that was dished up by our own team on the pitch. A lot of their fans were also quite surprised how friendly the novocastrians were to them and many have even described it as their best away trip/fan experience and wished they had Hunter Stadium instead of Parra Stadium.

Our city, and our fellow lads and lasses in active and non-active support did our club proud. Maybe we are too hard on ourselves because we let the small amount of negative feedback sour a generally positive performance.

furns
31-03-2013, 04:08 AM
And to echo what militia and others have said, I think our performances this season active support wise has been much better than previous seasons, tifo wise especially.

I would agree we are only beaten by the Cove and BWB when it comes to tifo displays on a regular basis, and we will be working in the offseason to increase our stocks of flags, standards and banners to get even more colour going. Large flags are here to stay and we will have more of them as well.

I would also add to people that there is nothing stopping people making their own stuff, it doesnt have to be the same people making all the stuff. I am going to add a new thread for people to post up their designs for people to give feedback and tips on before they make them, this is how other supporter crews get more improved tifo.

hawk
31-03-2013, 02:41 PM
So once the go ahead for seating occurs behind the goals we can apply to move active support?

northern_swan
31-03-2013, 04:54 PM
Which means that until the Southern Hill is all seater, its out as an alternative.

That seems like a cop out to me. (By the FFA and the Club, not you Furns)
The seats in the concourse below the path on the hill are numbered, and on the stadium map clearly show bay numbers. In the past this area has been reserved seating for the Knuggets, not sure if it has been for the jets though (may have been while I was overseas). Given this is the case, there is absolutely NO reason that the concourse at the front of the hill can't be used for active support.

The positives for using the concourse far outweigh the negatives. People who want to join in and sing, without having their view interrupted by massive flags can do so by moving to one side, thus alleviating a number of fights that have occurred between bay 1 and bay 2 over the past two seasons. People who want to sit on the periphery can do so as well.

As it stands currently, you can't be in active support without having an interrupted view. Ours is the only club in this predicament.

Edit: What are the FFA and the club ACTUALLY going to do if we stood behind the goals? Ban everyone? Good luck with that.

Beeen
31-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Heaps of blokes on the southern hill are keen for a sing but want to remain on the southern hill. Just saying aye

MFKS
31-03-2013, 05:01 PM
As for the issues of getting the words of songs out to the fans how about this idea (Just for something different it is STOLEN FROM WSW:roflz:)

Pre game at the Parra Stadium game V Jets the ground announcer was interviewing one of the RBB Hierarchy which was broadcast over the PA and the big screen to all in the ground. The RBB member was giving a run down to all the fans of WSW a chant the RBB did (Believe it was the Who do we sing for ??? shit) When it was done over the PA the entire RBB replied with the next part. This was done at a time when WSW were just starting out so it was being done to help to educate all fans at the game of the chants regardless if they had been before or not. Didn't seem to take many of them long to cotton on though!!!!

Maybe this method could be used by us to avoid the hassle and cost of printing out song sheet lyrics. Tee it up with HSG and get someone from Bay 2 to attend pitchside for their 5 minutes of fame to teach the ENTIRE membership base one of the chants done by the Squadron with the interviewer bloke trying to fire the crowd up and get them to practice it and learn it. 13 home games of this with 13 different chants used and before too long no one would be able to whinge about not knowing what the chants are .

HSG can't say they don't interview people pitch side pre game as they do it every game whether it be an injured player or a bloke from some community group. Friday they interviewed a bloke affiliated with John Hunter Kids hospital if I remember right

joel31
02-04-2013, 02:04 PM
As for the issues of getting the words of songs out to the fans how about this idea (Just for something different it is STOLEN FROM WSW:roflz:)

Pre game at the Parra Stadium game V Jets the ground announcer was interviewing one of the RBB Hierarchy which was broadcast over the PA and the big screen to all in the ground. The RBB member was giving a run down to all the fans of WSW a chant the RBB did (Believe it was the Who do we sing for ??? shit) When it was done over the PA the entire RBB replied with the next part. This was done at a time when WSW were just starting out so it was being done to help to educate all fans at the game of the chants regardless if they had been before or not. Didn't seem to take many of them long to cotton on though!!!!

Maybe this method could be used by us to avoid the hassle and cost of printing out song sheet lyrics. Tee it up with HSG and get someone from Bay 2 to attend pitchside for their 5 minutes of fame to teach the ENTIRE membership base one of the chants done by the Squadron with the interviewer bloke trying to fire the crowd up and get them to practice it and learn it. 13 home games of this with 13 different chants used and before too long no one would be able to whinge about not knowing what the chants are .

HSG can't say they don't interview people pitch side pre game as they do it every game whether it be an injured player or a bloke from some community group. Friday they interviewed a bloke affiliated with John Hunter Kids hospital if I remember right

How is printing song sheets expensive with our size of active support

MFKS
02-04-2013, 02:11 PM

I would have thought our active support in Bay 2 would know the songs or most of them by now. This idea is to increase the knowledge of all the crowd rather then Bay 2. May get some singing from all areas of ground rather than Bay 2.

To me printing out song sheets for Bay 2 is pointless unless you are looking at getting everyone involved in a new song

militiamon
02-04-2013, 02:15 PM

Who do you think we are? That shit doesn't grow on trees, jeez.

sammydog
02-04-2013, 02:41 PM

The majority of the squadron would need to be at the game longer than 10mins before kickoff for that to work.

Thats something that the WSW do very well, even at their home games. They get there early and start singing. The squadron seems to magically appear 5 mins before kickoff.

q-money
02-04-2013, 02:48 PM
who wants to sit around drinking mid-strength piss all afternoon when the tenz is serving delicious black for 4.10 a pop? you more than anyone should know that s-dog

sammydog
02-04-2013, 02:57 PM
The football is one of the few times I am not drinking (due to that overpriced faux beer they sell). I think thats why I need to be there as early as possible, gives the body a chance to detox once a fortnight.

Seriously though, I think what MFKS raised has merit, but it would only work if there is sufficient numbers in Bay 2.

I dont think song sheets are needed, but if there is going to be some call and response between the squadron and the rest of the crowd, it will need to be communicated to the crowd what is happening, at what time of the game it is likely to happen and whats supposed to happen.

No point doing a call out if the majority of the crowd has no idea there is a response.

Get people hooked on that and I think they will naturally start to join in on the other stuff.

MFKS
02-04-2013, 04:00 PM
who wants to sit around drinking mid-strength piss all afternoon when the tenz is serving delicious black for 4.10 a pop? you more than anyone should know that s-dog

Thats all good and well Q Man but bowling up 5-10 mins before kick off is an area that SHOULD be fixed. Start up the singing and chanting 15 mins before kick off and get the atmosphere building well before the players hit the field should be the go. Start it up 15 mins early and hopefully it may inspire a few of our lads whilst they are fidgeting and sitting in the Stade de Newy change rooms getting last minute instructions from our NEW MANAGER and can hear Stade de Newy rocking through the besa block walls of the stand.

Whinge all you like about half strength beer, over priced beer but Liquor isn't why we are there at all.Support our team first and foremost drink piss second.

On another note I love going to places with others who whinge about paying $6-$7-$8-$9 whatever it may be for a beer during daylight hours. No different than most would spend at some Newy discotheque on a Saturday night out or better yet some strip club where you have titties on display. Can't stand tight ****s who waste money on shit like ATM fees Bank Fees shopping at servos etc when there are cheaper alternatives out there then whinge about the price of a beer somewhere

q-money
02-04-2013, 04:40 PM
stop the club blasting inane rubbish through the speakers at a million decibels and you might have a goer

why would i drag my arse away from my game of pool to get deafened by avicii and watch a team i hate

GazFish35
02-04-2013, 06:25 PM
stop the club blasting inane rubbish through the speakers at a million decibels and you might have a goer

This.

It's as bad as wembley.

Srsly though q makes a very valid point.
Headaches prior to kickoff aren't inspiring.

Jeterpool
02-04-2013, 06:37 PM

Agree. Make the players warm up across the road!

Pico
02-04-2013, 07:01 PM

why would i drag my arse away from my game of pool to get deafened by avicii and watch a team i hate

I'm still waiting for the irony to dawn on the stupid announcer who comes on & says "lets hear it for your jets" then they proceed to turn the ****in music up so you can't hear the person sitting next to you let alone the rest of the crowd.

If I wanted to listen to loud shitty music, the football's not the first place on my list.

hawk
02-04-2013, 11:30 PM
The majority of the squadron would need to be at the game longer than 10mins before kickoff for that to work.

Thats something that the WSW do very well, even at their home games. They get there early and start singing. The squadron seems to magically appear 5 mins before kickoff.

The majority of the squadron (who dont know the fking chants and can be half fked learning them) would need to be at the game longer than 10mins before kickoff for that to work

goaliepersempre
02-04-2013, 11:43 PM
I'm still waiting for the irony to dawn on the stupid announcer who comes on & says "lets hear it for your jets" then they proceed to turn the ****in music up so you can't hear the person sitting next to you let alone the rest of the crowd.

If I wanted to listen to loud shitty music, the football's not the first place on my list.

Im still waiting for the day, when we have enough numbers in the bay and the rest of the stadium when they announce just the players first name and we respond with the players last name... ala europa :) tis the best...

RedMexican
03-04-2013, 07:32 PM
The majority of the squadron (who dont know the fking chants and can be half fked learning them) would need to be at the game longer than 10mins before kickoff for that to work

hit the nail on the head

goaliepersempre
03-04-2013, 08:25 PM
hit the nail on the head
whole group when looking at the ground on the left side... that just stand up and do nothing... never participate and have a whinge... geh

pv4
04-04-2013, 04:30 PM
i've been listening to rbb chants on youtube and i'm yet to see what the fuss is all about in regards to their actual chants.

their numbers are good, the amount of people that get into them are good, and the chants work out good - but..

none of their chants are exciting, imaginative, creative or fun. if we did literally the exact same chants that they did, and our situation on-the-pitch this season was the same, no one else would get involved at all (that includes you, bay 6 random who thinks "newcastle, newcastle, newcastle" is a squadron chant). and in regards to "their chants are easy to follow" - i've listened to some of their chants and can't even make out the words. that "come on wanderers chant" - apart from the chorus, and the part where they scream "RBB" i fail to see how even the close proximity bays to bay 2 would pick that up and willingly sing it, let alone the entire stadium.

simply put - they have people who are actually willing to get involved, and cut loose, and create an awesome atmosphere. we do not. they are not better than us creativeness-nor-interestingly-wise - they just have thousands of lebs who aren't afraid to test their vocal chord range at the football.

note: i know i'm saying this all, yet i rarely actually sit in active support for home games. i see the hypocrisy here. all i'm saying is i don't even see how it's easy for our casual supporters to claim the rbb is better than us (apart from their numbers).

q-money
04-04-2013, 04:43 PM
mate i've seen better posts than that on the rbb forum you are terrible give up

Bluebeard
04-04-2013, 10:48 PM
This.

It's as bad as wembley.

how would you know, when was the last time an Arse fan turned off the road for the Emirates for Wembley. The last time you where there it still had twin towers.

parksey
04-04-2013, 11:46 PM
mate i've seen better posts than that on the rbb forum you are terrible give up

the trolls on the rbb forum are so much better mate you're washed up

au revoir
05-04-2013, 12:05 AM
note: i know i'm saying this all, yet i rarely actually sit in active support for home games. i see the hypocrisy here.

deadset, you should just change your sig to "i know i lack the balls to spend any time in active support and my opinion ain't shit but here's my 2 cents anyway", save yourself the effort each time you post.

kind regards,
au revoir
xoxo

GazFish35
05-04-2013, 12:10 AM
how would you know, when was the last time an Arse fan turned off the road for the Emirates for Wembley. The last time you where there it still had twin towers.

League cup buddy!

militiamon
05-04-2013, 12:28 AM
i've been listening to rbb chants on youtube and i'm yet to see what the fuss is all about in regards to their actual chants.

their numbers are good, the amount of people that get into them are good, and the chants work out good - but..

none of their chants are exciting, imaginative, creative or fun. if we did literally the exact same chants that they did, and our situation on-the-pitch this season was the same, no one else would get involved at all (that includes you, bay 6 random who thinks "newcastle, newcastle, newcastle" is a squadron chant). and in regards to "their chants are easy to follow" - i've listened to some of their chants and can't even make out the words. that "come on wanderers chant" - apart from the chorus, and the part where they scream "RBB" i fail to see how even the close proximity bays to bay 2 would pick that up and willingly sing it, let alone the entire stadium.

simply put - they have people who are actually willing to get involved, and cut loose, and create an awesome atmosphere. we do not. they are not better than us creativeness-nor-interestingly-wise - they just have thousands of lebs who aren't afraid to test their vocal chord range at the football.

note: i know i'm saying this all, yet i rarely actually sit in active support for home games. i see the hypocrisy here. all i'm saying is i don't even see how it's easy for our casual supporters to claim the rbb is better than us (apart from their numbers).

Good post. The outsider perspective (i.e not bay 2 regular) that you've given is pretty much exactly how I see it as well. The complaints about chants not being interesting enough, leadership in bay 2 etc. etc. are just the latest in a long line of excuses given by people who probably never intend on contributing to anything meaningful whatsoever.

pv4
05-04-2013, 08:08 AM
deadset, you should just change your sig to "i know i lack the balls to spend any time in active support and my opinion ain't shit but here's my 2 cents anyway", save yourself the effort each time you post.

kind regards,
au revoir
xoxo

:rof:

:oops:

furns
05-04-2013, 02:35 PM

kind regards,
au revoir
xoxoharshing my buzz man

hawk
06-04-2013, 08:14 PM
harshing my buzz man
buzzman? sounds like it could hurt :blink:

MFKS
23-04-2013, 09:35 PM
http://i.haymarket.net.au/Galleries/20130422121120_KEV_5541.jpg

http://i.haymarket.net.au/Galleries/20130422124746_KEV_7687.jpg

Get half a dozen Newy girls like that in Bay 2 next year and it won't be long before Bay 2 is well and truly full

Much rather see a shot of some Newy totty in a tight top looking the part than a bunch of adolescents with sweat rash when the Foxtel cameras pan to Bay 2

:fap::wub::fap::wub:

GazFish35
24-04-2013, 01:05 PM
personally i think we need more leprechaun beards

q-money
24-04-2013, 01:06 PM
must be the only skips in the bunch

sh10
24-04-2013, 02:11 PM
blondie's a starfish, reckon her not-so-hot friend prob goes off

q-money
24-04-2013, 02:29 PM
pino looking one in the front looks like a cracker, go stalk her MKFC you creep

one on the right looks nasty, got the old ingleburn facelift

pv4
24-04-2013, 03:03 PM
what were the green wristbands for?

q-money
24-04-2013, 03:17 PM
for entry into da active support area i would assume brah

militiamon
24-04-2013, 05:34 PM
pino looking one in the front looks like a cracker, go stalk her MKFC you creep

one on the right looks nasty, got the old ingleburn facelift

Impeccable taste, 100% agree.

furns
25-04-2013, 03:18 PM
We have newy totty in da squadronz
probz is dey is surrounded by 50 or so 16 year olds tryin it on

selassie
26-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Impeccable taste, 100% agree.

reverse racism imo.

pv4
26-04-2013, 02:32 PM
for entry into da active support area i would assume brah

well 'ard

selassie
26-04-2013, 03:21 PM
how is this for a west sydney fan - http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/video/26975299715/Dundovic-s-football-story - cros ffs!

http://www.hollywoodtuna.com/images/miss_universe_lingerie_june_small.jpg
http://theplasticdiaries.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Laura-Dundovic-2008-Miss-Universe-Paegent.jpg
even got a good face
http://www4.pictures.stylebistro.com/gi/Laura+Dundovic+Dangle+Earrings+Gold+Dangle+NqiuVFM iu-sl.jpg
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTV0qWZ-ttqHUic7XljgproBuXDaM4PPUmMM95fk1bLKwsPwiMrBA

q-money
26-04-2013, 03:46 PM
all the cros end up like this though m8

http://i.imgur.com/KMRYfyN.jpg

militiamon
27-04-2013, 12:04 AM
reverse racism imo.

I prefer the term yellow fever.

Saw the former Miss Universe thing last week, was impressed with her football knowledge.

Superdylan
31-05-2013, 03:09 AM
So what are the chances of let's say getting bay 1,2,3 at least as general admission bays from next season? We seem to lack general admission seating compared to most a-league clubs (excluding hills).

I just think if we get surrounding bays of the squadron as ga we could have a great opportunity in getting part timers in more understanding of the squadron in chants. From my time spent in bay 3 in the earlier seasons more so seasons 3-4 hardly anyone really got involved and seemed more so there to soak the atmosphere up.

MFKS
21-09-2013, 12:36 AM
Single game tickets for all 2013/14 Newcastle Jets home matches at Hunter Stadium are now on-sale.

Jets supporters can pre-purchase their tickets to 14 huge home games from the PROticket website by CLICKING HERE once the tickets have been released for public purchase at 9am.

Purchasing a Newcastle Jets membership remains by the far the most affordable way to support the Club during the 2013/14 Hyundai A-League season.

CLICK HERE TO RENEW OR JOIN AS A NEWCASTLE JETS MEMBER IN 2013/14.

Jets supporters can secure a reserved seat at all 14 home matches with an Adult Community Reserved Membership valued at $130, that is $9.29 per match.

General Admission Memberships are available for $120 for adults and $60 for juniors, while a family (two adults, one junior) can watch the Jets for an entire season for as little as $255, which is $6.07 per person, per match.

Jets Members also have the option of paying for their Membership in 10 monthly installments.

As well as having 14 home games to attend this season, all Members will receive a cap, membership card, lanyard, key ring, magnetic fixture list, bumper sticker pack and a $10 Merchandise voucher.

Meanwhile, the Newcastle Jets can confirm Bay 1 at Hunter Stadium will be implemented as a ‘Home Active Support’ Bay during the 2013/14 Hyundai A-League season.

Bay 2 will remain as the home of the Squadron and the place that houses the Club’s most vocal and vibrant Active Supporters.

Bay 1 will be the ideal location for those fans interested in getting a feel for Active Support, learning the songs and steadily integrating themselves into the Squadron.

Gold, Silver and Community Reserved Members wishing to gain access to Bay 1 must visit the Membership box office on game to get a ticket that will give them access into Bay 1. They will still need their Member cards to get them through the turnstiles.

General Admission Members wishing to gain access to Bay 1 must visit the Membership box office to pay a $5 upgrade fee and get a ticket, they will also require their Member cards to get them access through the turnstiles.

NEWCASTLE JETS 2013/14 SINGLE GAME TICKET PRICES
Category 1:
Adult $36
Concession $25
Junior $16
Family (two adults and two children) $90

Category 2:
Adult $27
Concession $19
Junior $10
Family (two adults and two children) $60

Category 3:
Adult $22
Concession $16
Junior $8
Family (two adults and two children) $50

Bay 1 now to be active for newbies

Club listening and acting.

Middleby In:sup:

GazFish35
21-09-2013, 08:56 AM
Why charge them more though.

FFS.

MFKS
21-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Why charge them more though.

FFS.

Isn't the general admission on the hills and cheaper than the stands???

I interpreted it as anyone on the Gold/Silver/Community(ie cheap seats in the stands) would get a pass to get into Bay 1 and would cost nothing as they were moving to seats cheaper/equivalent value. That way Jets could record details of who was going in there to deal with troublemakers etc

Anyone on the hills would have to pay the $5 upgrade as they were moving to a dearer area of ground.

furns
21-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Great to see - hope it continues. Still no word on whether we are able to advertise the NSW Away Coaches on the Jets website yet.

GazFish35
21-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Isn't the general admission on the hills and cheaper than the stands???

I interpreted it as anyone on the Gold/Silver/Community(ie cheap seats in the stands) would get a pass to get into Bay 1 and would cost nothing as they were moving to seats cheaper/equivalent value. That way Jets could record details of who was going in there to deal with troublemakers etc

Anyone on the hills would have to pay the $5 upgrade as they were moving to a dearer area of ground.

I get all that, I just think if they are really wanting active support to grow then charging extra for people to "come and try" isn't really encouraging things.

I bet the with seats on half way who downgrade won't get a refund

Superdylan
01-10-2013, 01:24 PM
I get all that, I just think if they are really wanting active support to grow then charging extra for people to "come and try" isn't really encouraging things.

I bet the with seats on half way who downgrade won't get a refund

You have raised a good point there. Still $5 is really not much of a ask is it?

Back more on active support any chants that have been given the flick from recent seasons or should we still sing them? Talking more so chants that only get sung at some games.

.We travel land and sea, to **** the victory
. Kasabian fire chant
. We are the squadron, the boys from the hunter, we beat the central coast etc

q-money
01-10-2013, 01:31 PM
there is a difference in opinion in da 4ctiv3 5upp0rt about the first and third songs, i.e. some people absolutely froth over them, other people loathe them

land and sea was always embarrassing imo, as it was a pisstake on a melbourne song that was sung at the pub when muz brought his mates with him back in the old days IIRC

your we are da squadron song still gets a call up

fire was more just a stupid spur of the moment thing that caught on a couple of times, has only really been audible once i reckon, and that was when there was no-one there and the older boys doing it

furns
01-10-2013, 04:09 PM
thomo completely responsible for the fire chant - died since the tall bugger stopped coming to games

q-money
01-10-2013, 04:21 PM
i thought it was one r.snake

furns
01-10-2013, 04:42 PM
could have been - thats a mighty collaboration

Mitchy
01-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Needs more Half Time Allez Newy

MFKS
04-10-2013, 08:29 PM
This letter is written in response to your request that our concerns regarding Melbourne Victory Football Club’s (MVFC) recent policy changes for the North Terrace be placed in writing. We object to these three notable changes in policy (the introduction of scanners and tarps, and the banning of crew banners) under four basic principles: simple logistics, operational health and safety, collective punishment, and freedom of association.

Freedom of association is defined by the Attorney-General’s Department of Australia in saying, ‘the right to freedom of association protects the right to form and join associations to pursue common goals.’ The formation of separate groups within the North Terrace has occurred over time naturally along these lines. What was once known simply as the North Terrace or the Blue and White Brigade has over time become a collection of smaller groups with shared interests and close friendships, all of which are equally important to the makeup and culture of the North Terrace. We reject the suggestion that different group banners somehow display a lack of unity within the North Terrace. The North Terrace Collective (NTC) is in and of itself a great example of the sense of unity shared between most North Terrace groups and independents.

Furthermore to that, there is an obvious double standard at play here when, in meetings with the active groups of the South End, such as Dads Army and the Southern Death Crew, a completely different attitude towards banners is displayed. To quote the minutes of a meeting between South End representatives and Monica, ‘Club will request space in the front and back of the bay for groups wishing to display banners of support'.

The general principle of collective punishment is outlawed under the Fourth Geneva Convention of 1949 and is widely considered to be a violation of both human rights and natural justice. The restrictive policies put forward by MVFC to limit the size and restrict movement within the North Terrace can be seen as nothing else but subjecting the innocent majority to suffer as the result of the actions of the guilty few. Such repressive punishment stands against the values of a democratic and free society.

The logistical issues posed by the implementation of a scan in and out system at the two points of entrance for the North Terrace, accompanied by the further restrictions placed on movement by the presence of surrounding tarps are both obvious and plentiful. Queues to get into the newly designated North Terrace area right before games will be painfully long, resulting in many people missing the start of games. This problem will only be exacerbated at the halftime break, as hundreds of people attempt to exit the area via only two exits at once. Delays created by this system will mean large numbers of fans will be missing significant parts of the games they have paid to view on a weekly basis.

Compounding the above problem is the obvious operational health and safety concerns this new system presents, as outlined in the Occupational Health & Safety Act 2004, Section 23, Subsection 1, ‘An employer must ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that persons other than employees of the employer are not exposed to risks to their health or safety arising from the conduct of the undertaking of the employer’ As football fans, we are uniquely attuned to the potential dangers poorly designed or managed stadiums can be to us as a group. The move from no-seat terraces to modern, all-seater stadiums, was intended to facilitate a safer environment for people to support their teams in. Sadly, this plan reverses much of that progress by reverting to archaic and universally criticised practice of caging football fans into small and restrictive areas. While the scanning system greatly increases the possibility of a potential crush of fans, either trying to move in or out of the terrace area due to an unforeseen incident, the presence of the tarps restricting an additional point of exit from the terrace area enhances that risk exponentially. A problem that could have been solved simply by fans spilling into the surrounding bays has the potential to become a very large crush as fans push against each other with nowhere else to move.

In addition to that, we must be realistic about the potential scenarios we may find ourselves in throughout the course of the season. Police intervention and ignition of flares are unwanted realities of life that both the club and the NTC have to deal with, and historical evidence tells us that it is unlikely no incidents of the sort will occur for the entirety of the season. While we in no way encourage such behaviour, the health risk to spectators both inside and outside the North Terrace area if a flare is to be ignited is greatly increased by the presence of the tarps, which are both restrictive to movement and, presumably, highly flammable. The same potential issue arises if we have an unfortunate situation, such as we did last season, where VicPol feel the need to use coercion in the form of physical force or pepper spray. As we saw when this occurred last season, the natural instinct for most people in the area is to remove themselves from the general vicinity of the incident for health precautions. The positioning of the tarps blocking off all possible avenues of exit other than those at the entrance/exits to two aisles substantially increases the likelihood of injury in such an unwanted scenario.

With all this taken into consideration, we feel that it would be a dereliction of duty of care in our roles as leaders of the North Terrace to advise our members to enter such a potentially dangerous area where concerns about their health and safety are deemed irrelevant and they have their basic rights as afforded by the Australian Government stripped from them upon entry. If all three of the aforementioned sanctions are not removed prior to the 12th of October, 2013, the NTC and all affiliated groups and independents will be withdrawing active support from the designated North Terrace Home End area and we will be advising all other North Terrace members to do the same.

Letter written by Victree fans after sanctions imposed on Northern Terrace

plague
04-10-2013, 11:00 PM
'Southern Death Crew'.

q-money
04-10-2013, 11:14 PM
geneva is a bit of a long bow to draw ay

militiamon
05-10-2013, 12:57 AM
m8, wot r u on about?!

israels in gaza = victories in northern terace

Superdylan
12-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Not too bad last night considering we were down for a majority of the game. Thought the split chants worked well with front & back.

Saw a couple trying to start that "call to arms" chant the rbb do (the logical song). Should we adopt this as a regular chant?

q-money
12-10-2013, 12:25 PM
everyone should take their clothes off and throw them at gary van egmond

q-money
12-10-2013, 12:26 PM
bodi's new chant was gud

militiamon
12-10-2013, 01:10 PM
^ Yep.

Streets of Fassifern also went orf :yap:

Superdylan
13-10-2013, 04:01 AM
^ Yep.

Don't remember that that champ :confused:

BodyNovo
13-10-2013, 09:22 AM
^ Yep.

Cannot be stopped

Superdylan
13-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Was wondering if it's worth handing chant sheets out at the game on Sunday with bay 1 opening up to a home active bay?

militiamon
13-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Don't remember that that champ :confused:

Really? What about the other new chant (to the tune of Rasputin by Boney M):

Lake Macquar-ie
ole ole ole
Lake Macquarie ole
Lake Macquarie ole ole

q-money
13-10-2013, 12:42 PM
rah rah super d, newy's greatest sex machine
he was a cat that really was down

Superdylan
13-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Really? What about the other new chant (to the tune of Rasputin by Boney M):

Lake Macquar-ie
ole ole ole
Lake Macquarie ole
Lake Macquarie ole ole

Good chant but I think the rbb kind of own it now though.

GazFish35
13-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Good chant but I think the rbb kind of own it now though.

They don't own shit.
Sick of people giving up on anything half decent "coz da RBB dun it better"

Nothing is original in this league, nothing hasn't already been done.

pv4
17-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Feedback: keep up the good work in representing the Squadron (and Newcastle supporters in general) guyz. You made it onto Santo, Sam & Ed's Total Football for being the exceptional active supporters we all hope the Squadron would be. Well 'ard

http://i43.tinypic.com/2i21mag.png

timmy_v
17-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Ljubo for Capo

Rocknerd
17-10-2013, 03:04 PM
Ljubo for Capo

This

plague
17-10-2013, 06:53 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2i21mag.png

Who knew that McKayla Maroney (far left of picture) was a Jets fan?
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuOUZDif2xRkBoq5YkC3K6Hp3IXI7Y-C9jRLTnXFOz3pBnH5im
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5f/Barack_Obama_with_artistic_gymnastic_McKayla_Maron ey.jpg