PDA

View Full Version : Active Support Feedback Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

MFKS
17-10-2013, 07:31 PM
Plague I thought that look was pretty common for women.

Arms crossed look of disgust on face etc.

Usually means they ain't happy.(and you are in the shit:blah::blah:)

Perfect for how the vast majority at SFS last Friday night felt

timmy_v
20-10-2013, 11:25 PM
good efforts but need to keep lift the game for the Derby.

Thinking a song sheet drop on every seat for the derby?

Jeterpool
21-10-2013, 08:54 AM
Fantastic effort yesterday everyone. You were very loud and clear and sang throughout.

I liked the attempt at the chant around the ground. While it didn't completely take off this week, it will. Don't be discouraged from doing it again.

Keep up the good work.

BodyNovo
21-10-2013, 09:15 AM
the call and response chant is going to be a real slow progress one.

we will be trying it more than once next week.

if everyone has cohesion than it works.

really good effort by everyone yesterday in ridiculous conditions. 3pm, summer & the a league don't match.

joel31
21-10-2013, 11:58 AM
the call and response chant is going to be a real slow progress one.

we will be trying it more than once next week.

if everyone has cohesion than it works.

really good effort by everyone yesterday in ridiculous conditions. 3pm, summer & the a league don't match.
It was very hot especially when Ljubo got us to do a the jumping chant

BTW where did Ljubo go after he came into us?

pv4
21-10-2013, 12:10 PM
I like the call&response chant. It'll be better with time.

Except I think it should finish with the "newcastle, united boys, here to make noise, etc" (and after the last "glad i'm not a mariner" and the drum beats, the call/response starts again) rather than "newcastle ole ole"

Beeen
21-10-2013, 11:58 PM
Opinion - Ditch the mega. For the size of the active support, is it really necessary? Might make people sing a bit louder too.

Superdylan
22-10-2013, 12:33 AM
Opinion - Ditch the mega. For the size of the active support, is it really necessary? Might make people sing a bit louder too.

I am positive that bay 2 will be at least 2x fuller against the coast at home. A hot afternoon game was never going to be a popular one in bay 2, people just get too tired and worn out singing and jumping around in the sun.

At least our next game is under lights :)

Mitchy
22-10-2013, 01:15 AM
Big mega isn't needed for the smaller games tbh

militiamon
22-10-2013, 01:41 AM

Big mega isn't needed for the smaller games tbh

Agree with this. Smaller mega for your regular games, bigger mega for derbies/games where we will pack out bay 2 and surrounding bays.

In saying that, I thought Body and timmy were doing an outstanding job firing up the crowd by their actions alone. It was the most revved up I've seen us for an afternoon game. Body looked more exhausted than the players did at half time, lol.

BodyNovo
22-10-2013, 08:14 AM
My bad on big mega.

Will only take big mega for nsw games now.

snake
22-10-2013, 08:24 AM
BTW where did Ljubo go after he came into us?

:rof:

furns
14-11-2013, 11:28 AM
after the struggle against Perth, the derby showed that we are improving.
"Our boys in red and blue" chant is going great guns

q-money
14-11-2013, 11:36 AM

Jeterpool
14-11-2013, 12:00 PM
after the struggle against Perth, the derby showed that we are improving.
"Our boys in red and blue" chant is going great guns

Agree. from the opposite side of teh stadium opposite the squadron it's sounding good. Even though only the sides are being selected at the moment, people in Bay 58 are starting to call "NEWCASTLE" regardless. Good stuff!

Superdylan
17-11-2013, 11:42 PM
Great atmosphere created for the conditions. Thought the corner bay worked well especially for the call and response chant.

However alot of regular members of the squadron including myself were in the under cover areas at the back of bay 1 and 2 for long periods of the game.

Luckily towards the end of the game the back of bay 2 was going off :) helped coordinate the Newcastle united boys chant that was getting sung from the corner bay and got everyone behind me singing it from the back of bay 2 for a minute or so.

furns
18-11-2013, 12:26 AM
well in SD - showing rossy greg how its done...... :)

militiamon
20-11-2013, 12:53 AM
I missed the CCM game so last game was the first time I witnessed the wonders of family friendly, Baartz-approved call-and-response chant.
Gotta say Bodes, ****ing outstanding work, sounds brill and the crowd seem to love it.

Keep at it, now all we need to focus on is drawing it out a bit more at the start (longer pauses), and getting the crowd into the chorus part (which they've already started doing from what I could tell).
Top work again!

BodyNovo
20-11-2013, 12:48 PM
I missed the CCM game so last game was the first time I witnessed the wonders of family friendly, Baartz-approved call-and-response chant.
Gotta say Bodes, ****ing outstanding work, sounds brill and the crowd seem to love it.

Keep at it, now all we need to focus on is drawing it out a bit more at the start (longer pauses), and getting the crowd into the chorus part (which they've already started doing from what I could tell).
Top work again!

you can't really tell from the bay at coast at home and on the weekend, how loud it is. but good to hear nonetheless.

ideally into the future it will not only us but the whole of the eastern stand calling to the western and beer hill.

q-money
20-11-2013, 12:55 PM
have any of you kids got a video of this call and response?

joel31
23-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Seeing as tomorrow is the last home game before Wanderers I reckon a real focus should be on the call and response chant, you should try and get the whole ground involved and get people to go into the new grandstand to encourage them to join in like some did with people in bay 3,4, etc. when we first started this. If we can get a good call and response chant going against Wanderers it would be awesome

pv4
25-11-2013, 12:03 AM
I just can't get enough of the I just can't get enough chant. Can confirm people were dancing to it in the top tier of eastern stand. Bad man was also gr8

Superdylan
25-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Getting sick of these afternoon games from bay 2 and you can only look at the numbers in bay 2 for them. It's just to warm to be jumping and clapping looking directly into the stadium.

The lack of shade from bay 2 is really hurting potential. Whilst I think we will get 2 full bays againgst western Sydney could we seriously trial standing behind the southern hill goal posts against Perth glory which I believe is our next afternoon game? It is a seating area after all!

russjaybee
25-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Liked the call and response thing you guys got going on, worked well and it was good that you tried to get the hill involved. Even though it's family etc I think you should encourage that and persevere with it.

Also just props to all of you that did stand in there in the heat and make noise and jump around. Me and a few mates sit nearby, one of them is a rugby (not league) guy and he loves the atmosphere, drums etc, kutgw etc.

Edit: may not be the right thread but what was the celery reference?

Superdylan
25-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Edit: may not be the right thread but what was the celery reference?

It's a certain individual from bay 1 who has been bringing it the last couple games. Needs to stop bringing it tbh. All the celery was confiscated by the security yesterday.

It went alright for a laugh but it's getting boring now.

BodyNovo
25-11-2013, 01:11 PM
the celery reference is a chant that is 40 years old and was used by chelsea fans (who don't even use it anymore)

we (the squadron) have been asked by security to stop people from bringing it in.

next game people will be stopped at the gate if they have it and if they are caught with it in the ground will be removed.

it wasn't a problem until people started throwing the celery at guys in bay 2 who wanted nothing to do with it.

The idea going round that the squadron told security to stop people is absolute nonsense btw.

As to our numbers in 3 sunday games we have had so far;

we have worked well with what we have been given.

but just look at the difference from the coast game and the 3 sundays and you will see how much better we are.

best news now is that we only play 1 Sunday for the rest of the season and that game isn't until march.

russjaybee
25-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Can someone elaborate on what the actual chant is, and how it relates to us?

q-money
25-11-2013, 01:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swhflwk_AEo

combine the call and response with this farken

we're newcastle
we're wonderful
we're going crazy after every ****ing goal
and we will win
and we will sing
supporting newcastle is every-****ing-thing

etc

celery smh, legit dinosaurs :rof:

cannot believe there is also a bloke with a hat in the shape of a jet :rof:

q-money
25-11-2013, 01:26 PM
good work on the mega bodez, also special mention to the v-man for his 10/10 fall off the chair

pv4
25-11-2013, 01:32 PM

You mean the celery one? Are you sure you REALLY want to know?

pv4
25-11-2013, 01:39 PM

we're newcastle
we're wonderful
and we will win
and we will sing

etc

gr8 chant. Whoever suggested that one must be a massive ledge.

Personally I'd prefer to hear "shalalalalala" chant after the C&R

*FREE
25-11-2013, 01:44 PM
what I don't get is how the idiot security let old mate with the celery in in the first place. he was deadset carrying a gigantic shopping bag full of it, what did they think he was going to do? these are the same people who are the squadron's no.1 critics, sheesh.

other thoughts:

- bodes did well firing up the troops again. first half the bay was flat due to SD's aformentioned issues, second half fifty dudes came out of nowhere and it was 10x better
- ditch the coast guard mega for these types of games. way too loud, drowns out the actual singing, and isn't really necessary anyway unless we're trying to do a call to prayer as boz mentioned
- rbb inspired chants - newy says no. looking at one tv on this

q-money
25-11-2013, 01:57 PM
was the staple of the rowdies back in the breakers days, it's had it's time, if people are still into it fine that's cool - just don't understand why your celery fanatics get so pissy when other people aren't particularly interested in singing it ay

Rocknerd
25-11-2013, 02:03 PM
what I don't get is how the idiot security let old mate with the celery in in the first place. he was deadset carrying a gigantic shopping bag full of it, what did they think he was going to do? these are the same people who are the squadron's no.1 critics, sheesh.

other thoughts:

- bodes did well firing up the troops again. first half the bay was flat due to SD's aformentioned issues, second half fifty dudes came out of nowhere and it was 10x better
- ditch the coast guard mega for these types of games. way too loud, drowns out the actual singing, and isn't really necessary anyway unless we're trying to do a call to prayer as boz mentioned
- rbb inspired chants - newy says no. looking at one tv on this

What does this mean exactly? what chants are you talking about?

BodyNovo
25-11-2013, 02:17 PM
My bad on the massive mega

The small one we had died in the rain (shouldn't have bought it for that tbh).

We will get a new one soon.

Unfortunately the average newy fan wants to sing everything at 100 miles an hour

That wonderful chant should be like q said a slow buildup to ridiculous

Call and response I thought was terrible in reference to the 8000 that was there last Sunday.

We will persist though.

russjaybee
25-11-2013, 02:29 PM
You mean the celery one? Are you sure you REALLY want to know?

Is it a long story or what?

You realise even saying what you did simply makes me want to know more, particularly if it's part of Newy history.

pv4
25-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Is it a long story or what?

You realise even saying what you did simply makes me want to know more, particularly if it's part of Newy history.

It's just a stupid chant. And it's inappropriate. And it's only apart of newys history because Mr Celery & friends though it was funny.

Basically the chant is "celery, celery, if she don't come we'll tickle her bum with a piece/stick of celery". As q or someone said - it's an old Chelsea chant that Chelsea don't even sing anymore. From my understanding, it was started because celery used to grow on Gillingham's field, and then Chelsea fans used to bring celery sticks and throw them at players who were taking corners.

And as everyone has said - it makes no sense why anyone following the Jerks would sing it. If anything, Mr Celery & his Con-hating mates took it with him to CCM. And if anything else, seeing as though we throw pies at people taking corners, we should start a pies chant.

russjaybee
25-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Cheers for that pv4, seems like people trying to be funny and garner attention rather than actually support the team, sick.

q-money
25-11-2013, 02:48 PM
And if anything else, seeing as though we throw pies at people taking corners, we should start a pies chant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA0I1V3HeYk

the best song ever written about pies

Superdylan
25-11-2013, 02:59 PM

we're newcastle
we're wonderful
and we will win
and we will sing

etc

Agree with everything you just said q-man. Your version of the malinwa chant is alot easier as the 'where gonna sing, chant and clap until we score' part is very confusing, I'm not even sure if I've said it correctly tbh

Also would needs an ole part or another bit to break the chant up abit.

q-money
25-11-2013, 03:02 PM
also, why on earth was big V doing the synth line from 2 bad mice - bombscare?

needless to say i was pretty impressed ay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQVv40_9NSo

*FREE
25-11-2013, 04:06 PM
negatory quotient, inspiration is this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRm1zyfjOMA

adapted from the logical song. rbb do it well, not for us.

@body - fair call on the mega then, cheers. we'll probably need the big one next home game regardless.

q-money
25-11-2013, 04:24 PM
scooter are ****ing gay anyway

Superdylan
27-11-2013, 12:01 AM
Yeah no to copying the rbb & the logical song chant. I swear they are the only football team in the world that sing that chant too, but I could be mistaken.

GazFish35
27-11-2013, 07:18 AM
I know a third division team in Peru who use it.

BodyNovo
27-11-2013, 08:45 AM
https://twitter.com/RBBInventions

the rbb started & invented all that stuff as well. apparently they invented michael carberrys helmet :lol:

q-money
29-11-2013, 01:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQbgTlPqCjs

who is this guy? furns, yer out

Blackmac79
29-11-2013, 02:57 PM
That's Jason.

timmy_v
29-11-2013, 09:19 PM
negatory quotient, inspiration is this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRm1zyfjOMA

adapted from the logical song. rbb do it well, not for us.

@body - fair call on the mega then, cheers. we'll probably need the big one next home game regardless.

lol's, it was sung as a pisstake and nothing else.

timmy_v
29-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Yeah no to copying the rbb & the logical song chant. I swear they are the only football team in the world that sing that chant too, but I could be mistaken.

And who gives a low flying duck who sings what. We sing for our boys and to create the atmosphere at our games.

couldn't care who sings what and who too.

timmy_v
29-11-2013, 09:27 PM

we're newcastle
we're wonderful
and we will win
and we will sing

etc

the idea behind going with our version

we're newcastle
we're wonderful
we're gunna sing jump chat until we score
and when we will win
you'll hear us sing
Because supporting newcastle is everything

was to keep it family friendly and it isn't to confusing, people just need to slow up including the capo leading it.

have discuss the a newer bit of the call response with the capo and it seems to be working well

Beeen
29-11-2013, 11:39 PM
"sing, jump & chat."

Ronseal.

militiamon
30-11-2013, 12:05 AM
we're newcastle
we're wonderful
we're gunna sing jump chat until we score
and when we will win
you'll hear us sing
Because supporting newcastle is everything

lol, this has got to be at least the 6th or 7th version I've heard of this.

Agreed though, slower at the start = better. Call-and-response bit is tight as well.

Superdylan
09-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Very English based chanting yesterday but alot of noise made at the back of the away bay. Credit to the English lads that joined in with the Heskey banner :)

Most of the chants weren't too bad, couple rubbish ones but overall fairly good especially for a melbourne away game.

Mitchy
09-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Need everyone united as one this weekend

Lets see a return of coast home and raise the bar higher!

joel31
15-12-2013, 12:32 AM
The squadron felt really quiet tonight. It felt like only 10 people were singing.

Also was the bloke in the black shirt a Jets or Wanderers fan?

furns
15-12-2013, 02:08 AM
He was a Jets supporter.

And after experiencing the back of bay 2 tonight, we will deploying a second capo there to get things going from the middle. Too many people not taking part imo

Jeterpool
15-12-2013, 07:28 AM
Pleasingly some people in bay 58 and 57 started singing Never Tear Us Apart tonight. Excellent! A good suggestion was made by a mate to record a group of people singing it too, then play it over the top on a separate track (or something).

Lots of come on newcastle chants and I could hear 3 or 4 Newcastle chants coming from up the top.

Tommyjet
15-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Was some chanting in western stand but was never in sync with squadron, also some people behind me repeatedly tried the "newcastle,newcastle" chant.

Superdylan
15-12-2013, 11:51 AM
Call and response of who are we....Newcastle is really catching on.

Well in everyone!

furns
15-12-2013, 12:09 PM
some good points and bad points obviously from last night
For such a big game there were way too many cutouts in the middle of bay 2 not joining in.
As has been said C&R is slowly getting better. Still need to get Western stand involved.

baldrick
15-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Still need to get Western stand involved.

Lots of involvement from Bay 55 last night

WolfMan
15-12-2013, 12:48 PM
And after experiencing the back of bay 2 tonight, we will deploying a second capo there to get things going from the middle. Too many people not taking part imo

Top idea. From about 7 or 8 rows back the intensity seems to get lost at the minute. 2nd Capo relaying the messages from the front should do the trick.

Body got them firing once he stood a bit further forward/backward, depending on your viewpoint

sammydog
15-12-2013, 02:26 PM
Was some chanting in western stand but was never in sync with squadron, also some people behind me repeatedly tried the "newcastle,newcastle" chant.

Singing/chanting in time with the Squadron is difficult in the Western stand. The delay between the squadron singing and the western stand is quiet long. when there are chants with clapping you really notice it.

Whether that changes as more people all over the stadium get involved though, who knows.

Lots of involvement from Bay 55 last night

First time I really noticed more than my son singing NTUA.

I think the biggest problem in the Western Stand (well in the area around Bay 55) is that someone starts something, but just as people start getting involved it looses momentum.

Jetmaster
15-12-2013, 05:43 PM
The problem last night was in the Western Stand you could not hear the Squadron start a chant - so we started our own and it got pretty loud at times. Agreed sync was impossible.

NTUA could be huge if done right, and possibly played several times up to kickoff.

joel31
15-12-2013, 06:12 PM
For such a big game there were way too many cutouts in the middle of bay 2 not joining in.

Agreed. I was there and it felt like only me and my mate were chanting for the most part. The guys standing next to us just seemed like they were standing there to soak up the atmosphere

Superdylan
15-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Any chance of getting a giant hose for bay 2 against glory at home, not looking forward to standing in potential 35 degrees heat.

sammydog
15-12-2013, 06:31 PM
The problem last night was in the Western Stand you could not hear the Squadron start a chant - so we started our own and it got pretty loud at times. Agreed sync was impossible.

NTUA could be huge if done right, and possibly played several times up to kickoff.

Last night aside, syncing is an issue in the Western stand. Unless you use visual ques with the clapping, which is hard, then the stand will always be out of sync until the end of the ground links us up with the chants.

My2BobsWorth
15-12-2013, 07:02 PM
Yeah like Jetmaster said, couldn't hear much in the western, but didn't seem to bother anyone, we know what to expect now, atmosphere was all good. The fast clap will probably never sound good because of the obvious laws of sound. The slow chants sound best, like "who are we". That could be slowed down to a word every 2 seconds, bit like how the member talks

lquiquer
15-12-2013, 08:37 PM
some good points and bad points obviously from last night
As has been said C&R is slowly getting better. Still need to get Western stand involved.

Hate to say that Furns but in Western GS we couldn't hear you, but could see u gave 150% and .......F%%%$##g RBB did not stop and... loud as!! Next game we should provide everyone with a plastic whistle or a vuvuzela to F$%^k them up

furns
15-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Last night aside, syncing is an issue in the Western stand. Unless you use visual ques with the clapping, which is hard, then the stand will always be out of sync until the end of the ground links us up with the chants.jazz hands ;)

Buddha
15-12-2013, 09:58 PM
He was a Jets supporter.

Always believe in your soul

Buddha
15-12-2013, 10:19 PM
I feel as though we don't have a chant for Brilliante. So I was thinking this
http://youtu.be/j2RkSj1kXD8

hawk
15-12-2013, 10:22 PM
was a transient bay2. probs didnt know the chants and cbf trying to find out

parksey
15-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Any chance of getting a giant hose for bay 2 against glory at home, not looking forward to standing in potential 35 degrees heat.

this guy

Premy
20-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Anyone else here Roar's call and respond chant

furns
20-12-2013, 09:21 PM
yep - same as ours.
Not to mention they are also singing the same version of Dale Cavese.

GazFish35
20-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Can't we just go back to "stand up if you love the jets" followed by "lets all jump"

BodyNovo
20-12-2013, 11:40 PM
What they are doing we need to do though with the PA pre match.

They also start a Brisbane chant after whereas we go were newcastle ole

hawk
21-12-2013, 06:52 PM
Can't we just go back to "stand up if you love the jets" followed by "lets all jump"

i would like both these to be erased forever. never happened

GazFish35
21-12-2013, 07:19 PM
i would like both these to be erased forever. never happened

Thought it was great when we got the hill and the eastern joining in.

Superdylan
21-12-2013, 07:56 PM

I've never had an issue with the let's all jump for Newcastle ole ole, why is it only used sometimes these days?

Stand up if you love the jets I'm abit meh about it.

Back on last night, the chant that uses the tune of animals by Martin garrax is really catching on, love it!

hawk
21-12-2013, 11:10 PM

there must be something else that can get the other stands pumping. It aint a new concept any more. maybe any chant where the answer is new-ca-stle. Not big on the poz either

Superdylan
30-12-2013, 03:41 PM
Quite worried numbers are going to be horribly down on Saturday afternoon. Expected maximum temperature of 29 degrees.

What's the chance of moving to the terrace area like the roar game at home earlier this season? Worked very well with the call and response chants too.

BodyNovo
30-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Quite worried numbers are going to be horribly down on Saturday afternoon. Expected maximum temperature of 29 degrees.

What's the chance of moving to the terrace area like the roar game at home earlier this season? Worked very well with the call and response chants too.

zero

bay 2 is our home for the current time. It was an awesome one off and the regulars that usually stand there are not going to be happy if x amount of blokes just started standing there.

everyone needs to give 90 minutes regardless of the result as well especially if you are in bay 2, the drop in vocal support from when we went down to 1-0 against western Sydney was frustrating to say the least. If you are not willing to put the full 90 minutes in than bay 1 is your place.

furns
30-12-2013, 04:39 PM
wear a hat, sunnies and drink water. sorted.

Superdylan
31-12-2013, 04:30 PM
wear a hat, sunnies and drink water. sorted.

A hose would be better

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F

Superdylan
05-01-2014, 01:02 AM
Good to see positive steps taken in what could have been a horrible afternoon in bay 2 otherwise. Very good having several of the core lads together down the front near body on mega, seemed like their was less cut outs out in the bay this arvo then the wanderers game.

Big ups to the mallinwa chant that went off today :)

furns
05-01-2014, 01:11 AM
was still only a participation rate of about 50% however. Need more people to get involved.

Am I the only one who thinks that maybe the lads with the drums in bay 4 would be better coming over into bay 2 and joining us? Do people elsewhere in the stadium find that it drowns out bay 2?

militiamon
05-01-2014, 01:27 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that maybe the lads with the drums in bay 4 would be better coming over into bay 2 and joining us? Do people elsewhere in the stadium find that it drowns out bay 2?

Bring them in for sure imo. They were there for the start of that game you were late and were pretty good. Only thing is that we need to integrate them with our chants and vice versa, we were a bit out of tune and timing for some things.

militiamon
05-01-2014, 01:42 AM
Oh and maybe it's just because I never go down the front, but I actually thought participation was quite good considering the numbers, especially in the first half.

Also I know others in the past have commented on their being too many kids in bay 2, but I don't see the problem with them at all. A fair few of them put in and if we didn't have any of them around we'd be worse off. Old mate with the flag (semi-kid) was nuts, still trying to work out how he managed to wave that thing non-stop for a good half and hour :rof: Great to see.

What was terrible was a certain Stone Island aficionado trying to (jokingly?) hit on some 12 year old girls at half time. It was legit disgusting to see, disgraceful scenes.

Pico
05-01-2014, 12:47 PM
was still only a participation rate of about 50% however. Need more people to get involved.

I actually thought it helped spread the message a little wider in the eastern stand and found those around where i was sitting were getting into the clapping with his drums for some of the squadron's chants. maybe decide on some standard chants for corners, free kicks or goal kicks and get him to join in for those which he was doing a bit but he seemed to have to wait to see what you guys would start.

furns
05-01-2014, 01:06 PM
I couldnt hear him that well due to our own noise, but if he was joining in on our chants thats excellent.
For corners, set pieces etc we tend to start Cmon Newcastle or Jets anyway which can be heard and then joined

pv4
07-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Big ups to the mallinwa chant that went off today :)

Yep Malinwa seems to be really taking off & sounding good. Whoever proposed that tune is a deadset lege

goaliepersempre
07-01-2014, 05:11 PM
Yep Malinwa seems to be really taking off & sounding good. Whoever proposed that tune is a deadset lege

:cool:

la bazzle
11-01-2014, 10:18 AM
Let's get serious..... Griffs back

Blackmac79
11-01-2014, 10:21 AM
Joel griffiths walks on water

joel31
11-01-2014, 10:27 AM
In a dramatic turn of events bay 2 is filled in honour of Griffo

Schultz
11-01-2014, 10:29 AM
100 standards

GRIFF IN!
GVE OUT!

hawk
11-01-2014, 10:40 AM
100 standards
GRIFF IN GVE OUT!

shows up once every 6 months then tries to run everything. aids.

Superdylan
11-01-2014, 07:45 PM
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=500&d=1389426163

Very embarrassing seeing this lad in a cronulla sharks jersey in bay 2 last night.

GazFish35
11-01-2014, 08:42 PM
100 standards

GRIFF IN!
GVE OUT!

Finish your flags first.
;)

GazFish35
11-01-2014, 08:43 PM
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=500&d=1389426163

Very embarrassing seeing this lad in a cronulla sharks jersey in bay 2 last night.

Not sure we are in a position to complain about what folk are wearing.

Capo isn't even Ina jersey ;)

Blackmac79
11-01-2014, 09:07 PM
To be honest it is more embarrassing the number of people on phones in that picture.

Get active ****en

joel31
11-01-2014, 09:14 PM
To be honest it is more embarrassing the number of people on phones in that picture.

Get active ****en
I agree. To many people on their phones in the squadron in games

Sam
11-01-2014, 09:30 PM
Sooooo the squadron split last night. Why? And dont give me the Euro v English chant bs.
There should be no politics in squadron, its about supporting the players and creating an atmosphere. How can this be done when theres debates between what seems like Vandys squadron and Bodys squadron?
Im buying a bay 2 ticket next season, do I pick a side or what?

Sorry, it just frustrates me :(

Blackmac79
11-01-2014, 09:42 PM
It is as I honestly told you last night a difference in the way those who sat up the back choose to support. A word of advice though vandenberg is someone who is not worth listening too when it comes to anything squadron related. The guy has zero credibility, input, or has any idea what actually happens. The loud foots are the only blokes I would listen to regarding anything to do with the new NCL group, who for the most part want to work with the squadron to improve matchday atmosphere.

There are those, who used to fill the front couple of rows of bay 2, how prefer to engage in British style chants. More words, less allez. No capo, anyone can start chants.

Bay2 and the squadron have made the decision to develop and achieve is a continental European style of support, meaning capos and constant and consistent noise.

There is an element, who sat at the front of bay 1 last season and the beginning of this season that spent their time abusing and throwing things at the capo, and other squadron members who left with the NCL guys. These people have had consistent issues with the squadron. However won't be missed as singing about tickiling rectums with celery is not particularly witty or amusing.

What your concern is is that the split has damaged support irreversibly. On the contrary it has given us space and options within which to grow and cater for more individuals.

Look at the den and the RCC, the north and the south terrace, the red army and the south end, shed and gfu.

There are numerous examples of groups splitting due to the varied ways in which football is supported world wide.

I would like to finish by saying that taking the word of vandenberg above what I told you last night is well off the majr of the right thing to do.

Sam
11-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Wasnt Vandenberg, I refrenced him as he seemed to be leading it. Thanks for explaining though. I've heard too many stories from too many people. I guess I keep compairing it to when the squadron was massive and always overflowing with people. Honestly I love what you guys do, and want to help out in anyway I can. I admire the passion and energy they give to other supporters. I just hope everything, whatever that is, can be resolved. Especially now, when the Jets need you.

militiamon
11-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Fwiw, I actually agree with you Sam, I think it would be better if everyone were together. The Squadron will always be the primary source of support for the players. At the end of the day though everyone is free to support the team in the way they want, and so there's no issue with these guys doing their own thing, just as there is no issue with Zads Lads doing theirs.

Sam
11-01-2014, 09:59 PM
I had alot of fun last night though, thanks for being so welcoming to me and the boys! Whether or not security let us in :/

Blackmac79
11-01-2014, 10:12 PM
Thanks Sam. And I, as in militias case, also agree.

Hopefully as I stated, the bay 60 move will see us all together once again.

Also coast away will see us all together.

militiamon
11-01-2014, 10:17 PM
In other news, I actually thought Bay 2 was pumping for the first time in a while on Friday. Highlights:

- Mitchy's return :cool:
- Young'uns getting into it
- Clasping hamma's neck
- Drunk stretch :blush:
- Mitchy getting the numbers of 2 random chicks
- Griff (OK that was the next day)

Probably the best thing I saw though was a young mother with a couple of kids (< 10 years old) at the front of Bay 1. It looked like she'd brought them and stood with them next to us because they genuinely enjoyed being around The Squadron, and even though the result was disappointing they had smiles on their faces at the end of the game. Next time someone tries to say The Squadron isn't family friendly I will remember that and have a chuckle.

militiamon
11-01-2014, 10:18 PM
I had alot of fun last night though, thanks for being so welcoming to me and the boys! Whether or not security let us in :/

Just worked out who you are (y)
Will smuggle you in via one of the fence banners next time.

joel31
11-01-2014, 10:19 PM
Why didn't security let u in?

Sam
11-01-2014, 10:43 PM
Just worked out who you are (y)
Will smuggle you in via one of the fence banners next time.

Bahaha! Yeah I didnt put my full name up incase I upset someone, but I was told that it'd be nice to have a female rep on the forum, so I stuck my piccy up!
Just roll me up in a flag and carry me through!

Sam
11-01-2014, 10:45 PM
Why didn't security let u in?

Caaauuussee technically my ticket is for Bay 18... :D Im upgrading next game.

Alllso because secos were being strict on who was allowed into Bay 2 last night asnit was (apparently) a high risk game after what happened with the Wanderers v Victory.

joel31
11-01-2014, 10:48 PM
Caaauuussee technically my ticket is for Bay 18... :D Im upgrading next game.
So are secos policing tickets?
I have a GA membership but am in the squadron 50% of the time (unfortunately not the last 2 games)

Sam
11-01-2014, 10:51 PM
So are secos policing tickets?
I have a GA membership but am in the squadron 50% of the time (unfortunately not the last 2 games)

I edited my reply, last night was a high risk game after WSWvMV fight happened. Or theyre practicing for the next Wanderers game so they dont screw it up again! :P

WolfMan
11-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Don't enter through the Bay 2 entrance. Slide down Bay 3 and walk across. Good to see the seccos trying to enforce the rules though

MFKS
12-01-2014, 12:07 AM
Enforcing tickets??

In the Western Stand don't think i have been asked once. Matter a fact it wouldn't surprise me if there were countless people on non gold tickets getting into the gold section. Every week there are different people around you??

3 times so far this season I have rocked up and someone was sitting in my seat. First time it was the puddle game so i could understand some looking for shelter. Last 2 times was the last 2 weeks

WolfMan
12-01-2014, 12:34 AM
Specifically for Bay 2 I meant MFKS

Superdylan
12-01-2014, 12:41 AM
Personally I can see ncl taking over providing the chants are good and use a good ammount of good chants like where Newcastle, united boys and where hear to make some noise. Also helps with call and response chants. End of the day I would much prefer us to be using songs that have less allezs as they are just to plain and lack creativity.

Gone will be the day of beer showers in bay 2 if it continues turning into a teenager hangout. All for young kids joining in for the active support but not really keen to be joining shoulders with 14 year old blokes for sha la la la hey Newcastle or let's all jump for Newcastle ole.

That's the way I see it anyways.

furns
12-01-2014, 01:14 AM
The best way is for both groups to work together
The problem with the english style chants is that they last for 30 seconds and then you have to sing something else.
That was the whole reason we brought in the euro-style, the chants go for longer and there arent large periods of silence, and the same 30 second chant isnt repeated 50 times a half.
Nothing against the english chants at all, personally I think the best way forward is to have both in the repertoire and provide a mix of styles. The euro chants work and go for longer, and are visually better. The english chants are easy to pick up and the crowd can join in.

militiamon
12-01-2014, 02:00 AM
Pretty sure the average age of bay 2 on Friday was legitimately 13, but you know what, I couldn't give a fxxx.
They're the ones who are still around when times are shit, and despite what some people say they're the ones making all the noise and getting behind the team. And you know what, it was actually fun.

Maybe if people were less concerned about wearing quilt jackets in Summer/chanting about celery all game/trying to fight fellow Jets fans for waving a flag/looking tough in front of their mong mates then they'd all be having fun too.

Keep it real dawgz

hawk
12-01-2014, 02:12 AM
Pretty sure the average age of bay 2 on Friday was legitimately 13, but you know what, I couldn't give a fxxx.
They're the ones who are still around when times are shit, and despite what some people say they're the ones making all the noise and getting behind the team. And you know what, it was actually fun.
Maybe if people were less concerned about wearing quilt jackets in Summer/chanting about celery all game/trying to fight fellow Jets fans for waving a flag/looking tough in front of their mong mates then they'd all be having fun too.
Keep it real dawgz

lol, any snapchat? kutgw

Mitchy
12-01-2014, 04:17 AM
Had probably the most fun in a while on Friday night!

Can confirm both girls have replied to messages :yay:

WolfMan
12-01-2014, 09:10 AM
Gone will be the day of beer showers in bay 2 if it continues turning into a teenager hangout. All for young kids joining in for the active support but not really keen to be joining shoulders with 14 year old blokes for sha la la la hey Newcastle or let's all jump for Newcastle ole.

That's the way I see it anyways.

How elitist of you.

As has subsequently been posted, the ages don't matter, it's the involvement. To be fair, the cross-section of "inactive actives" so to speak is as varied as those that actually get stuck in.

Personally, if my voice isn't as husky as a Phone Sex worker post-match, I didn't have a real go.

militiamon
12-01-2014, 09:31 AM
Had probably the most fun in a while on Friday night!

Can confirm both girls have replied to messages :yay:

http://i.imgur.com/59b8SIC.gif

Sam
12-01-2014, 10:20 AM
Bahaha I'm happy with no beer showers! But I'm glad everyone sees my point, to join forces and help out the team, whether or not theres little kids or teenage girls more interested in taking selfies (they were next to me, uuugghh). Anyway Dyl thw whole squadron isnt 15, you know me personally and Im a long way from that! ;)

sanchez
12-01-2014, 11:30 AM
If the Major moved back from Amsterdam and the KAZE re-banded, these problems wouldn't exist.

furns
13-01-2014, 01:11 AM
KAZE, NCL and MDR - the unholy trinity is complete

Superdylan
13-01-2014, 01:35 AM
Thought I'd give feedback on the open tifo day today, probably about 15 or so that turned up all together some stayed longer then others etc. Hadn't attended one of these before will attend future ones if nothing is on.

Great to have people outside of bay 2 involved, especially a family with his kids and a lady who sits in the western stand who helped with sewing even jet boy turned up (bloke with the jets emblem hat at games).

Merlot
13-01-2014, 02:25 PM
Thanks again. My wife and friend of ours enjoyed it and are keen to come again and help out. Felt very welcome.

furns
13-01-2014, 11:32 PM
Huge thanks for showing up

Sam
15-01-2014, 06:26 PM
Promise to do another one when Im not working/still in the country! So upset I missed out but glad it went well, cant wait to see the new tifos on Friday!

Superdylan
24-01-2014, 09:30 AM
In terms of the march on Saturday to the ground hold it off until closer to 7pm rather then the 6:45pm time advertised. Last train from Newcastle before 7pm arrives at 6:51pm into gosford station.

Bring on the derby, should be back to strong numbers for this game.

Premy
24-01-2014, 01:46 PM
Seems like common sense to me SD what's 15mins really, 1 extra beer at the pub too win win if you ask me

pv4
25-01-2014, 09:39 PM
When Simon scored, I saw someone throw a coin at him. I genuinely hope whoever did it eats shit and dies. Go support tottenham, you embarrassing piece of shit

la bazzle
25-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Good for the game

sh10
25-01-2014, 09:58 PM
When Simon scored, I saw someone throw a coin at him. I genuinely hope whoever did it eats shit and dies. Go support tottenham, you embarrassing piece of shit

As if jews would throw coins away

hawk
26-01-2014, 12:52 AM
no dice

WolfMan
26-01-2014, 09:33 AM

Drum stick as well that stuck into the pitch like a javelin. I'm all for hurling abuse, but when it becomes physical it's not on. One gypo did well to block a half-full powerade bottle that was on target for Sterjovski's head. Disgraceful behaviour by any "fan"

lquiquer
26-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Drum stick as well that stuck into the pitch like a javelin. I'm all for hurling abuse, but when it becomes physical it's not on. One gypo did well to block a half-full powerade bottle that was on target for Sterjovski's head. Disgraceful behaviour by any "fan"

Agree with you ^.....however Simon did all he could to incite it. Not smart from them to come and celebrate in front of away bay......IMO run the other way towards your own fans

pistolpete
26-01-2014, 10:32 AM
Run the other way towards your own fans
There lies the problem. They don't have any. Was embarrassing them going on all night about their limited edition member shirt for finally reaching 5000 members. They are the reigning champs and we are shit and have double their members

MFKS
26-01-2014, 11:47 AM
There lies the problem. They don't have any. Was embarrassing them going on all night about their limited edition member shirt for finally reaching 5000 members. They are the reigning champs and we are shit and have double their members

They are not Champions.

They have never won a ****ing thing

Superdylan
26-01-2014, 12:00 PM
Much better active support last night definitely helped by having the older lads back in the bay last night. They just understand how it all works alot better then some of the underagers bar a couple.

Considering we kinda went down early I thought it was probably our most impressive effort all year.

MFKS
26-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Much better active support last night definitely helped by having the older lads back in the bay last night. They just understand how it all works alot better then some of the underagers bar a couple.

Considering we kinda went down early I thought it was probably our most impressive effort all year.

Actually SD I disagree.

I thought our support on the night was actually ****ing piss poor. Not knocking the blokes who had a go but there was a ridiculously large amount of cut outs added in with the other lot who wish to cause trouble with St Pauli flags, throwing shit racial remarks and other general shit.

During the march there were far too many ****s walking around not participating but more interested in recording it all on their ****ing phones.
At the ground the first 6-8 rows in Bay 31 were having a go then very few behind that were having a go. Rather interesting that with 15 mins to go our bay had thinned out as such so all the posers had ****ed off to the Train Station ajd not stayed to the bitter end

Forget the result. That would have to be the limpest effort we as fans have put up on the Coast.

PS Still good enough to own the Coast but NOT ****ing good enough

Blackmac79
26-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Actually SD I disagree.

I thought our support on the night was actually ****ing piss poor. Not knocking the blokes who had a go but there was a ridiculously large amount of cut outs added in with the other lot who wish to cause trouble with St Pauli flags, throwing shit racial remarks and other general shit.

During the march there were far too many ****s walking around not participating but more interested in recording it all on their ****ing phones.
At the ground the first 6-8 rows in Bay 31 were having a go then very few behind that were having a go. Rather interesting that with 15 mins to go our bay had thinned out as such so all the posers had ****ed off to the Train Station ajd not stayed to the bitter end

Forget the result. That would have to be the limpest effort we as fans have put up on the Coast.

PS Still good enough to own the Coast but NOT ****ing good enough

How much did you put in MFKS?

q-money
26-01-2014, 01:58 PM
the f*ck happened, i went to the bar then there was blokes getting booted left right and centre, st pauli flags getting confiscated, fisticuffs, the works

carnage, what a day though

furns
26-01-2014, 02:03 PM
I will be bringing up the St Pauli crap with the security debrief. There is no reason those flags should be getting confiscated.

Superdylan
26-01-2014, 02:04 PM
How about the toothless coastie outside the gosford hotel when a heap of us were walking gees.

Also some lady smoking on the train trololol and 5am walks home, derby day delivered!

militiamon
26-01-2014, 02:05 PM
Agree with you ^.....however Simon did all he could to incite it. Not smart from them to come and celebrate in front of away bay......IMO run the other way towards your own fans

Yep, this is how I see it too. If players are going to be dickheads in front of drunk people, the least they can expect are a few plastic bottles heading their way.

Elsewhere in the world players are actually punished for inciting fans.

MFKS
26-01-2014, 03:29 PM
I will be bringing up the St Pauli crap with the security debrief. There is no reason those flags should be getting confiscated.
Disagree.

I see it as a political statement. Just because they are supporting a left wing venture doesn't make it any better than a right wing venture.

If the authorities are gonna ban political expression at Sport then both sides left and right are no go zones. Can't let lefties be given a free pass cause they have more tolerant inclusive views

FFA Spectators rules are Political shit not allowed.
Police acted in their rights

MFKS
26-01-2014, 03:31 PM
How much did you put in MFKS?

I got spoken to by the Police at one stage for calling our players a bunch of stupid C BOMBS at the top of my voice when they decided to play it backwards

Blackmac79
26-01-2014, 03:37 PM
Top work then lad.

Also.

Left wing symbology. Those who know what I am talking about, made it another 90 mother****ers!

furns
26-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Disagree.

I see it as a political statement. Just because they are supporting a left wing venture doesn't make it any better than a right wing venture.

If the authorities are gonna ban political expression at Sport then both sides left and right are no go zones. Can't let lefties be given a free pass cause they have more tolerant inclusive views

so displaying a flag from a club that is identified worldwide as being anti-racist, anti-facist, anti-homophobic and anti-sexist is a stance that the police/FFA should clamp down on?

Right. Or in this case, left.

q-money
26-01-2014, 06:01 PM
will bring my rangers & hamburg gear next game imo

hawk
26-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Yep, this is how I see it too. If players are going to be dickheads in front of drunk people, the least they can expect are a few plastic bottles heading their way.

Elsewhere in the world players are actually punished for inciting fans.

this. If that **shole gets a coin in the head serves the cvnt right. inciting drunks what a genius

Sam
26-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Ok, I get that they came to our side of the field but is it really completly necessary to throw half drunk beers/coins/bottles/drumsticks at the field? That was pretty shameful. And the guys at the front, there is honestly no need to jump on the fence to yell at the players, they know we are angry. Lets face it, they played better than us, be pissed, but don't ruin the game for others.
I was actually scared at one point when the guy next to me started attacking the fence screaming. We knew it would be a hard game! We should be yelling encouragement at out team rather than trying to kill the other one.
Two cents given :)

lquiquer
26-01-2014, 08:46 PM
^ Sam reality is u don't throw oil on fire

MFKS
26-01-2014, 08:53 PM
As for the criticism of the Gypo Scum players FFS

If you were on the pitch playing for Jets obviously and scored a goal against the Gypo Scum would you go celebrate with the Newy fans???

Didn't think so

Me I wouldn't Straight to the home support kissing the badge giving them a 2 fingered double handed F Bombing salute. Fcuk Em

Shoes on the other foot we have to expect it

BodyNovo
26-01-2014, 09:02 PM
I take both sides

Stupidity from simon to incite the "mob"

At the same time I'm happy for people to abuse as verbally as they want but the people throwing full bottles of sprite and other things is just as stupid.

I would just hope the people who joined the squadron/active bays away would come at home matches.

GazFish35
26-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Simon clearly started shit with opposing teams fans.

Mariners should be docked points.

Sam
26-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Simon clearly started shit with opposing teams fans.

Mariners should be docked points.

See thats what I thought too, they came running to our squadron with forks up, what do they expect from a bunch of drunk angry fans? Exactly what we did, then they'll winge about how scum we are. Uugghhhhhh. That would be awesome if they could loose points for dickheadism.

joel31
26-01-2014, 10:37 PM
See thats what I thought too, they came running to our squadron with forks up, what do they expect from a bunch of drunk angry fans? Exactly what we did, then they'll winge about how scum we are. Uugghhhhhh. That would be awesome if they could loose points for dickheadism.
When Zads celebrated in front of the Cove couple of seasons back (5-2 win) we would lose points too on that logic.

pistolpete
26-01-2014, 10:42 PM
When Zads celebrated in front of the Cove couple of seasons back (5-2 win) we would lose points too on that logic.

My recollection was he pointed at the back of his jersey in front of them. Pretty much saying you wanted me gone but you will remember my name when i come back and make you regret it. McBreen and Simon were running at the crowd swearing and giving us the big ones. Completely different imo

Sam
26-01-2014, 10:43 PM

If he was trying to start shit with the opposition then he'd probably deserve it!

Premy
26-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Disagree.

You really do have no idea do you.

q-money
26-01-2014, 10:58 PM
good to see someone cares, if the griff netted one down their end i'd expect him to go over and give it the huge ones

pistolpete
26-01-2014, 11:13 PM
I would give it to the crowd if I was playing too. I was getting heckled at basketball when I was playing at a high level in my younger thinner days and I ended up throwing the ball at the bloke

pv4
26-01-2014, 11:24 PM
good to see someone cares, if the griff netted one down their end i'd expect him to go over and give it the huge ones

Too right. What Simon did was fine, I'd do the same.

Regardless of drunk/angry levels, there is no excuse to throw anything physically at the players. I wish we won that game and got docked points just to teach whoever did it and/or condone it a lesson. Absolutely embarrassing and makes me hate being associated with it in any way.

The only thing I am or was unhappy about was McBreen celebtrating towards us. You don't celebrate against your old team and/or home town - lack of respect. I've attempted to defend the bloke for years because it was gves fault we didn't get him back, but I was an am offended by him celebrating against us - particularly at us fans.

selassie
26-01-2014, 11:39 PM
the march to the ground was pretty entertaining. kutgw.

too many clowns on their phones recording it but.

plague
26-01-2014, 11:40 PM
The only thing I am or was unhappy about was McBreen celebtrating towards us. You don't celebrate against your old team and/or home town - lack of respect. I've attempted to defend the bloke for years because it was gves fault we didn't get him back, but I was an am offended by him celebrating against us - particularly at us fans.

He did exactly what Zad did vs Sydney (and for the same reasons). Both were fine in my opinion.

pv4
26-01-2014, 11:42 PM
He did exactly what Zad did vs Sydney (and for the same reasons). Both were fine in my opinion.

Yes but Rubez left Sydney on a sour note, and aimed to show his lack of respect for the Cove because of how they treated him.

McBreen will be playing for Edgy in a year or two, and will see out his retirement in Newcastle

Sam
26-01-2014, 11:42 PM
the march to the ground was pretty entertaining. kutgw.

too many clowns on their phones recording it but.

Have any of those clowns posted up videos yet? The only marches I can find are from back in gold days :/

hawk
27-01-2014, 12:06 AM
As for the criticism of the Gypo Scum players FFS

If you were on the pitch playing for Jets obviously and scored a goal against the Gypo Scum would you go celebrate with the Newy fans???

Didn't think so

Me I wouldn't Straight to the home support kissing the badge giving them a 2 fingered double handed F Bombing salute. Fcuk Em

Why wouldnt you run to ya home fans?

if you did what sorshead did you would cop it also. Theres always a drunk fool that will see to it. enjoy

Beeen
27-01-2014, 12:49 AM
Disagree.

Righto, come see me next week in the tennis club verse the wanderers. I happen to be mates with boys from St Pauli who happened to take interest in our club. Got ZERO to do with politics, 100% to do with being mates. They have a genuine interest in our results and i have a genuine interest in theirs. You sound like an absolute cock smoke, i'll wear my St Pauli shirt next week at the match come see me i'll buy you a beer.

Beeen
27-01-2014, 01:03 AM
If you want to question my support to this forum and the jets fans in general, i have brought to the support multiple songs that are used now, previously and infrequently enough. I just want to clarify my previous user name was Craig and proud member of Southern Hill Lunatics. A couple of members here will vouch for me (Premy, Bon).

Any other issues, come see me near the jukebox.

Beeen
27-01-2014, 01:31 AM

Wouldn't mind talking to someone about this considering the words we got out of Deborah (head of stadium security) was about as good as hieroglyphics.

militiamon
27-01-2014, 01:38 AM
I'm backing you guys on this one too, that St Pauli banner has appeared every home game this season on the Southern Hill seemingly without issues. 'sif the seccos/police cared about it for political reasons :rof: It was all about the skull and crossbones from what I heard, which again is pretty stupid since there has been no issue previously and, y'know, there was a freaking cannon right near us.

All other nonsense aside, it was a pretty excellent turn out and display.
Pre-match pub was pumping.
March was the biggest ever I think, quite a few lols were had.
Decent turn out at the game. Numbers dropped off due to the score, duh, but that was expected.

I think everyone who attended can be proud of that effort, as fans you can't do much more than that.

Beeen
27-01-2014, 02:02 AM
I understand the police had to do a job as it was directed from the FFA apparently so, but the feedback we got outside was it's racist and anti-semitic. This was from a copper who said "it's German" so immediately he assumed these things. Who is being racist now?

Anyhoo i don't want to let that be a blight on the bigger picture being our support died in the arse after not too long in to the match. As good as it is, i think the mega has to MAYBE be discarded on derby days. Purely because there are half a dozen blokes here and there starting up chants (Free the griff etc) yet get over rided by mega. These chants get picked up by another few rows of people but don't catch on because of people being too scared to sing along or the mega starts up again.

To unify our support is one hard task and i'll give anyone who can do it a round of applause.

Mitchy
27-01-2014, 04:55 AM
Ok, I get that they came to our side of the field but is it really completly necessary to throw half drunk beers/coins/bottles/drumsticks at the field? That was pretty shameful. And the guys at the front, there is honestly no need to jump on the fence to yell at the players, they know we are angry. Lets face it, they played better than us, be pissed, but don't ruin the game for others.
I was actually scared at one point when the guy next to me started attacking the fence screaming. We knew it would be a hard game! We should be yelling encouragement at out team rather than trying to kill the other one.
Two cents given :)

To be fair we pay our money to go watch these blokes so at the end I can really say what ever I want over the fence

They call themselves professionals and talk in the paper all week how much the derby means to them and how much they love newy then turn up that shit on the park they deserve a reality check and the odd truth bomb

The march but ;)

MFKS
27-01-2014, 08:42 AM
Righto, come see me next week in the tennis club verse the wanderers. I happen to be mates with boys from St Pauli who happened to take interest in our club. Got ZERO to do with politics, 100% to do with being mates. They have a genuine interest in our results and i have a genuine interest in theirs. You sound like an absolute cock smoke, i'll wear my St Pauli shirt next week at the match come see me i'll buy you a beer.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/site/_content/document/00000075-source.pdf

(g) not, and must not attempt to, bring into a venue national or political flags or
emblems (except for the recognised national flags of any of the competing teams)
or offensive or inappropriate banners, whether written in English or a foreign
language;

Under that the flag/emblem or whatever the **** you want to call it isn't allowed.

Ohh so it now about supporting a left wing foreign football club is it and not about the politics ??

Why??

Everyone there was there to support the Newcastle Jets not some obscure German team that most have NFI about. As such all banners and displays should be all about Newy the Hunter and our club Nothing else.

I suppose it is alright by your way of thinking that others should be allowed to display banners of support for foreign right wing football clubs in the Jets supporters area at upcoming games.

After all it is all about free speech for you left sided sympathisers???

Premy
27-01-2014, 09:23 AM
Under that the flag/emblem or whatever the **** you want to call it isn't allowed.
So you're calling the St Pauli emblem a political statement?
By your logic then you're saying anyone who wears a Spurs shirt is a Jew, Celtic shirt you're Catholic and a Barcelona Shirt you're a Spanish Republican.

Ohh so it's now about supporting a football club is it's and not about the politics ??
FIXED

GazFish35
27-01-2014, 09:24 AM
They have pirates as mascots FFS. And a few weeks ago were encouraging fans to come dressed as pirates..... Then take issue with a skull and cross bones, **** off.

And stpauli aren't a "left wing club" they have fans with left wing ideology. Massive difference.

Climb down off your high horse member, the wind up there is rattling your brain,

Sam
27-01-2014, 09:33 AM
All other nonsense aside, it was a pretty excellent turn out and display.
Pre-match pub was pumping.
March was the biggest ever I think, quite a few lols were had.
Decent turn out at the game. Numbers dropped off due to the score, duh, but that was expected.

I think everyone who attended can be proud of that effort, as fans you can't do much more than that.

This I can happily agree too. Best away trip for me (Ive only been to a few though), but I had so much fun, felt so welcomed within the squadron and made heaps of new friends. You guys are awesome! Yeah the score was crap but honestly who was expecting an easy game? I salute the people that stayed (obviously I undertand people that left too, trains, work etc). And the tifos were awesome, well done boys :)

boz-monaut
27-01-2014, 09:38 AM
http://www.bluetonguestadium.com.au/default.aspx?id=39

A-League Terms of Admission

Hyundai A- League
TERMS OF ADMISSION

8. Prohibited/Restricted Items – The following is a non-exhaustive list of items that are prohibited by law and are not permitted to
enter the Venue:
(j) signs, banners, flags and clothing displaying offensive, political, National, racial or unauthorised commercial material;

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/site/_content/document/00000075-source.pdf

SPECTATOR CODE OF BEHAVIOUR
A spectator present at a Match or otherwise involved in any activity staged or sanctioned by FFA or an affiliated Member Federation, District Association or Club must:

(g) not, and must not attempt to, bring into a venue national or political flags or emblems (except for the recognised national flags of any of the competing teams) or offensive or inappropriate banners, whether written in English or a foreign
language;

these regulations are pretty vague when it comes to flags and banners of clubs from other nations - I reckon they need to be tightened in that regard

my 2c - it wouldn't be appropriate or acceptable to bring the flag of another club into a game, just because of the perceived fan culture street-cred of St Pauli, everyone thinks it's ok

the reaction to the flag by the Police was heavy handed but I'll reserve saying any more on the matter

MFKS
27-01-2014, 09:39 AM
So you're calling the St Pauli emblem a political statement?
By your logic then you're saying anyone who wears a Spurs shirt is a Jew, Celtic shirt you're Catholic and a Barcelona Shirt you're a Spanish Republican.

FIXED

So out of all the foreign clubs in the world that could be picked an obscure German club (Who 95% of fans have NFI about) who are arguably the most left wing supporting football club on the planet are chosen to show a display of support for them at a Jets game and your telling me the fact that the left wing political element here is entirely coincidental and not a reflection of the individuals trying to use our club and support as a vehicle to pay homage to their left wing views and it is more a show of support for some Football team that we have no links to whatever??

I suppose also a bloke wrapping himself in a swastika flag isn't a fan of Nazi Germany and what it stood for and did but more an enthusiast of 1930- 1940's German patriotism like one may be a fan of vintage Holden cars???

Blackmac79
27-01-2014, 10:17 AM
So out of all the foreign clubs in the world that could be picked an obscure German club (Who 95% of fans have NFI about) who are arguably the most left wing supporting football club on the planet are chosen to show a display of support for them at a Jets game and your telling me the fact that the left wing political element here is entirely coincidental and not a reflection of the individuals trying to use our club and support as a vehicle to pay homage to their left wing views and it is more a show of support for some Football team that we have no links to whatever??

I suppose also a bloke wrapping himself in a swastika flag isn't a fan of Nazi Germany and what it stood for and did but more an enthusiast of 1930- 1940's German patriotism like one may be a fan of vintage Holden cars???

Got it all wrong MFSK.

The Jets are the most left wing supported club in the world.

Bar that Confederates flag Rossy Greg has....

Premy
27-01-2014, 10:24 AM
it is more a show of support for some Football team that we have no links to whatever??
That you have no links to.

During a recent holiday to Europe a few members of the Lunatics meet some supporters of St Pauli, they were invited too and attended a St Pauli game. There's nothing else to it, as previously stated earlier the flag has been displayed at home games before with no issues why is it a issue now?

GazFish35
27-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Adelaide reds.

It's all in the name.

Au-reviour is moving to radelaide

joel31
27-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Adelaide reds.

It's all in the name.

Au-reviour is moving to radelaide
with him and grimario they could start a supporter club in adelaide

MFKS
27-01-2014, 10:59 AM
these regulations are pretty vague when it comes to flags and banners of clubs from other nations - I reckon they need to be tightened in that regard

my 2c - it wouldn't be appropriate or acceptable to bring the flag of another club into a game, just because of the perceived fan culture street-cred of St Pauli, everyone thinks it's ok

Boz bang on the money. It is a Newcastle Jets game. All support should be Newy related. Not for other clubs.

MFKS
27-01-2014, 11:05 AM

During a recent holiday to Europe a few members of the Lunatics meet some supporters of St Pauli, they were invited too and attended a St Pauli game. There's nothing else to it, as previously stated earlier the flag has been displayed at home games before with no issues why is it a issue now?

Our club still has no links to St Pauli at all. Your claim a few fans have some type of tentative link is seriously clutching at straws. It has no bearing on our club/ support that a couple of fans identify themselves as also being fans of St Pauli cause they went to a game or two and met a few St Pauli fans

I suppose the Jets also have tentative links also to the One Nation Political Party as I seen Pauline Hanson at Charly Square one day, and some other fan seen a picture of her in the Newy Herald and some other fan must have seen her on TV. FFS

Premy
27-01-2014, 11:23 AM
Wow whose the one clutching at straws now.

I'll stand by what I said earlier, by your logic anyone who wears a shirt from any other club aside from the two playing deserve to be ejected from the game or made to take said shirt off???
Please tell me the difference???

MFKS
27-01-2014, 11:35 AM
Wow whose the one clutching at straws now.

I'll stand by what I said earlier, by your logic anyone who wears a shirt from any other club aside from the two playing deserve to be ejected from the game or made to take said shirt off???
Please tell me the difference???

They weren't wearing a rival football clubs shirt though were they??

The issue was they displayed a rather large flag in a display of expression of support to a rival club (as you put it) /left wing political ideology (as I put it) that contravenes the FFA Spectator Code of Conduct whilst at a Jets game whilst located amongst our support.

Even when the police attended did the boys choose to comply with the Police??

No

One in particular argued the matter and resisted the police attempting to evict him every step of the way.
That makes me doubt the intentions being noble

Also If the flag unveil was a show of full on support why was it not out from Minute 1 but was unveiled 70 odd mins in???

Bon
27-01-2014, 11:56 AM

I've got family there and have spent a bit of time in and around Hamburg/St Pauli over the years..
Magic place..

q-money
27-01-2014, 11:56 AM
you have to expect it though, it was always going to start shit - it's quite provocative banging up a st pauli flag, regardless of how pinko they are.

it's like a red rag to a bull for sokkah cops, christ how many dumb blokes do you know from high school that are now the full-sleeve tattooed arm of the law

Premy
27-01-2014, 12:45 PM

The issue was they displayed a rather large flag in a display of expression of support to a rival club (as you put it) /left wing political ideology (as I put it) that contravenes the FFA Spectator Code of Conduct whilst at a Jets game whilst located amongst our support.

No

One in particular argued the matter and resisted the police attempting to evict him every step of the way.

Also If the flag unveil was a show of full on support why was it not out from Minute 1 but was unveiled 70 odd mins in???

Once you show you're got no idea.

I've wasted enough time explaining the situation to you. You've dug your feet in trying to take the high ground linking this to politics, you've completely missed the issue.

Beeen
27-01-2014, 12:47 PM

No

Wrooooong, i did thank you.

militiamon
27-01-2014, 12:52 PM
Alright alright, moving on to actual active support issues:

Anyhoo i don't want to let that be a blight on the bigger picture being our support died in the arse after not too long in to the match. As good as it is, i think the mega has to MAYBE be discarded on derby days. Purely because there are half a dozen blokes here and there starting up chants (Free the griff etc) yet get over rided by mega. These chants get picked up by another few rows of people but don't catch on because of people being too scared to sing along or the mega starts up again.

I agree with this. Not something we could have predicted beforehand, but at the game it seemed like the right atmosphere to allow spontaneous chants to develop.
It was no fault of Bodes on the mega though, it was difficult to hear anything coming from the back, so it wasn't as if he was deliberately trying to drown out chants started by others.

hawk
27-01-2014, 03:04 PM
If find it funny how the whole away active support is called the squadron. Be terrible if everyone got together at a home game.

BodyNovo
27-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Alright alright, moving on to actual active support issues:

I agree with this. Not something we could have predicted beforehand, but at the game it seemed like the right atmosphere to allow spontaneous chants to develop.
It was no fault of Bodes on the mega though, it was difficult to hear anything coming from the back, so it wasn't as if he was deliberately trying to drown out chants started by others.

I actually think not being on a higher rise as normal (capo stand) stopped myself and others at the front hearing anything.

Maybe try having mega in the middle next game but if it don't work I agree scrap it

furns
27-01-2014, 06:54 PM
Or just use it when there is more than 30 seconds of silence?
Wait for a chant to start organically, if it doesnt head into a euro one.

Needed more pisstaking during the second half that cropped up at the end - nice one to the lads up the back started "You're nothing special - we lost to the Heart"

btw "Puyol" was spotted by several other people throwing beers directly at lads in the front row (inc commie), if he is the same bloke I am thinking of.

q-money
27-01-2014, 07:01 PM
what's puyol's major malfunction ay, deadset must have been dropped on his head a few times as a child

Sam
27-01-2014, 08:23 PM
Ive just posted a few videos onto Squadron Novacastria Facebook page from the Derby if anyones interested!! I couldn't work out how to get it into here :/

militiamon
27-01-2014, 10:18 PM
^ That 'Newcastle' chant video is quality. Pub was packed and pumping :cool:

Superdylan
02-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Please don't sing the tifosi chant again....northern terrace do it perfectly going to be abit silly if a couple teams in the a-league are doing it.

Let's be abit more creative with new chants like the toure chant, that is brilliant!

Blackmac79
02-02-2014, 12:54 PM
No it's not.

parksey
02-02-2014, 01:05 PM
Toure chant > life

My2BobsWorth
02-02-2014, 07:05 PM
This isn't critical of Furns or whoever has the drum these days, but the musicality of the active bay needs to take a new direction. The death march just gives me a headache. I heard someone in bay 3-4 a few weeks ago with drum and whistle, and it sounded good. A calypso sound would get the western stand more involved I think. All that is needed is a drum,whistle, and some sticks, otherwise it's back to bay 2 with ya

MFKS
02-02-2014, 07:16 PM
Please don't sing the tifosi chant again....northern terrace do it perfectly going to be abit silly if a couple teams in the a-league are doing it.

Let's be abit more creative with new chants like the toure chant, that is brilliant!

Whats even funnier is when Yarraside do it.

Made me cringe the other week at AAMI when they started singing their rivals most noted chant and Hearted it up

furns
02-02-2014, 08:41 PM
This isn't critical of Furns or whoever has the drum these days, but the musicality of the active bay needs to take a new direction. The death march just gives me a headache. I heard someone in bay 3-4 a few weeks ago with drum and whistle, and it sounded good. A calypso sound would get the western stand more involved I think. All that is needed is a drum,whistle, and some sticks, otherwise it's back to bay 2 with ya
Whistles are annoying, and discouraged due to interfering with the whistle on the pitch. However we used to have several drums and other instruments in The Squadron, but these people have moved on.
Currently, the drum is to keep people in time with the chants, although you may not have been paying attention last night when we scored I was playing a calypso beat in the post goal celebration before we started the Nurnberg jump.

Its all well and good to suggest a change of direction, but when no one is going to actually put their hands up to play these extra instruments (i have been looking for someone to take over drumming since season 5) its easy to say not so easy to action.

I put the call out again if people have instruments they want to bring in, send me a PM, if anyone has a drum or wants to drum, send me a PM. Its entirely dependent on people wanting to become more involved. Although having said that, the move to bay 60 may precipitate such people coming forward now.

lquiquer
02-02-2014, 08:44 PM
Furns ....top job again last night......loved it

furns
02-02-2014, 08:48 PM
cheers mate but that was my first night back on the drums since before christmas, Gladys has been doing it.
However he has a hand injury, so I may be back on the drums for the time being.

But always appreciate the kind words :)

lquiquer
02-02-2014, 08:52 PM
and thanks to Gladys as well.....Is next week bay 60 again or no decision yet?

furns
02-02-2014, 09:02 PM
we will keep you posted

Sam
02-02-2014, 09:06 PM
Its all well and good to suggest a change of direction, but when no one is going to actually put their hands up to play these extra instruments (i have been looking for someone to take over drumming since season 5) its easy to say not so easy to action.

I put the call out again if people have instruments they want to bring in, send me a PM, if anyone has a drum or wants to drum, send me a PM. Its entirely dependent on people wanting to become more involved. Although having said that, the move to bay 60 may precipitate such people coming forward now.

Anyone brings a vuvuzela, I'll stick it up your bottom. :)

lquiquer
02-02-2014, 09:10 PM

Vuvuzela......Am I the only one who has a love/hate relationship with the bastards!!! Thumbs up Sam

WolfMan
02-02-2014, 09:18 PM
Vuvuzela......Am I the only one who has a love/hate relationship with the bastards!!! Thumbs up Sam

Thumbs up Sam? That is harassment, my friend! :rolleyes:

sammydog
02-02-2014, 09:23 PM

**** the vuvuzela, you need a few Marshall Stacks.

Sam
02-02-2014, 09:29 PM
**** the vuvuzela, you need a few Marshall Stacks.

Bahaha yes!! Couple of fenders, and that drumkit guy, we'll be sweet!

Sam
02-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Thumbs up Sam? That is harassment, my friend! :rolleyes:

Harassment on my ears :P

Premy
02-02-2014, 09:34 PM
I'm actually in the process of making a Traditional football rattle. How would I go about being aloud to bring it in when I'm finished?

sammydog
02-02-2014, 09:48 PM
I'm actually in the process of making a Traditional football rattle. How would I go about being aloud to bring it in when I'm finished?

you mean those things you spin around? Or the flappy hands.

Premy
02-02-2014, 09:59 PM
The things you spin.

sammydog
02-02-2014, 10:04 PM
Your more a flappy hands type man.

Premy
02-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Think I could get a gig with the band as the clappy hands front man?

hawk
02-02-2014, 11:04 PM
Whistles are annoying, and discouraged due to interfering with the whistle on the pitch. However we used to have several drums and other instruments in The Squadron, but these people have moved on.
Currently, the drum is to keep people in time with the chants, although you may not have been paying attention last night when we scored I was playing a calypso beat in the post goal celebration before we started the Nurnberg jump.

The guy with the rape whistle was persuaded to stop. how times change.

hausmann
03-02-2014, 11:42 AM
I have an idea and would like to see what people think.

It would be great to start a tradition where the first home game of the year had a special theme as well as the last game of the year. We could create a tradition around these two games so that people came to know, respect and participate in these traditions.

For both of these games there could be "no holds barred" tifo, so a blind eye is turned to confetti and docket rockets, which can be discouraged during the rest of the season for all I care. Just let the kids know that they can participate in it.

The first game could have an "Opening Day" feel about it and be all about fun and celebrating the Newcastle Community - with the aim of welcoming everyone to another season. I would love it if the club could get involved in this by opening a section of the car park to a kind of community fete with stalls, temporary food and drink outlets with face painting and folksy type bands helping to create atmosphere outside the stadium precinct. I just feel the freshness and excitement of a new season should be reflected in the way we celebrate the start of the season.

The last game can incorporate the "Old Boys" tradition that the club has started and can pay respect to retiring and departing players as well as Newcastle heroes from times past. With tifo to reflect this theme. And just create an atmosphere of fun which says "that's all folks!" for another year.

joel31
03-02-2014, 05:09 PM
I have an idea and would like to see what people think.

It would be great to start a tradition where the first home game of the year had a special theme as well as the last game of the year. We could create a tradition around these two games so that people came to know, respect and participate in these traditions.

For both of these games there could be "no holds barred" tifo, so a blind eye is turned to confetti and docket rockets, which can be discouraged during the rest of the season for all I care. Just let the kids know that they can participate in it.

The first game could have an "Opening Day" feel about it and be all about fun and celebrating the Newcastle Community - with the aim of welcoming everyone to another season. I would love it if the club could get involved in this by opening a section of the car park to a kind of community fete with stalls, temporary food and drink outlets with face painting and folksy type bands helping to create atmosphere outside the stadium precinct. I just feel the freshness and excitement of a new season should be reflected in the way we celebrate the start of the season.

The last game can incorporate the "Old Boys" tradition that the club has started and can pay respect to retiring and departing players as well as Newcastle heroes from times past. With tifo to reflect this theme. And just create an atmosphere of fun which says "that's all folks!" for another year.
I like this idea

Superdylan
03-02-2014, 05:13 PM
We had confetti Saturday night and streamers at the gosford game the week before.

Jeterpool
03-02-2014, 06:50 PM
Griffmas was very well done guys. Congratulations

Beeen
06-02-2014, 04:43 PM
This could a bit of a crass suggestion and one certainly not even will agree with but, here goes..

Start cranking the 'NEW-CAS-TLE' chant again. Why? Well everyone knows it, a lot of people participate in it and when its loud, you have to admit it is pretty loud. It could be the difference between 0 points and 3 or 1 point and 3. Hell the crowd was pretty on edge when we equalised on the weekend, the players definitely would've lifted hearing it.

At a time when the support isn't the strongest, far from united and with a move over to the Western side, it could be something to get more people involved in active support (especially with tha west-saaaeeedd being the more active, sorry easties). As bland as the chant is, there are numerous teams across the world who have the exact same style chant:

MFKS & My mates skip to 2:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY3L4r1cBEY

Sampdoria - doria, doria, doria etc.

It could be used to rouse up the crowd when there is a break in chants, atmosphere bit subdued or when the players are struggling like it has been used previously. Once it has died out after 30 seconds or so, get into another chant and try keep that same intensity and noise level for that chant. I suppose its more about letting the people in the stands know that the squadron wants their support too.

furns
06-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Isn't the call & response chant basically getting the crowd to respond with that anyway?

BodyNovo
06-02-2014, 04:57 PM
we have 2 of these "come on newcastle & the jets x 8 claps" for these exact moments, they are connected with the jets & the squadron/active support

the Newcastle chant is a knights one and not a city one imo, when was sung in 2008, etc i didn't connect myself with it like i would at a knights game.

on the other hand if the majority want it sung than by all means lets do it.

Beeen
06-02-2014, 05:06 PM
Isn't the call & response chant basically getting the crowd to respond with that anyway?

Yeah probably. Whether it has the same effect, i dunno.

sh10
06-02-2014, 05:16 PM
The New-cas-tle chant is a classic; no doubt it is a Knights one to begin with but why not make it a Jets one (i.e. a whole town one) too? Much better to bring together the two teams than drive a wedge between them, as I would say the majority of jets fans support both. Naturally there's an over-representation of anti-league posters on this forum but this is not the same for the Jets membership as a whole. Besides, it sounds ****en sick when the whole stadium is chanting.

Mitchy
06-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Call and response is failing hard tbh

BodyNovo
06-02-2014, 05:43 PM

I actually think on the weekend it was at its best

But before hand I would have agreed with you

It is obvious though the southern hill (the majority) has no intention of joining in

GazFish35
06-02-2014, 05:46 PM

Agreed.
I think the "response" has been pretty clear.

Beeen
06-02-2014, 06:20 PM
I actually think on the weekend it was at its best

But before hand I would have agreed with you

It is obvious though the southern hill (the majority) has no intention of joining in

Don't give up. One day this will come to fruition between the hill and squadron!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BddNUb3bF38

northern_swan
06-02-2014, 09:41 PM
The New Car Cell chant started organically after the 2nd goal on Sat, pretty loud too.

Superdylan
06-02-2014, 10:09 PM
Being a knights fan aswell as a jets fan I think it has a place at Jets games.

I would assume a large proration of the western stand are knights fans aswell as jets fans. Have seen people I know from the knights enter the squadron in recent weeks so they will certainly be used to it.

furns
07-02-2014, 12:18 AM
Don't give up. One day this will come to fruition between the hill and squadron!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BddNUb3bF38was stoked that the Torcida chant got up last game, hopefully we can grow it.

Superdylan
07-02-2014, 12:54 AM
Bay 59 and 60 torcida chant for the time been would be awesome especially if there was a sitting and jumping bit.

stretch
07-02-2014, 01:07 AM
Bay 59 and 60 torcida chant for the time been would be awesome especially if there was a sitting and jumping bit.

:wub:

Beeen
07-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Good to hear. Lunatics lads will be ready

hawk
07-02-2014, 11:05 PM
forzaz st pauli

joel31
09-02-2014, 11:23 PM
The shoes off for Newcastle is one of the most stupid ideas ever