Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

lquiquer
09-02-2014, 11:25 PM
The shoes off for Newcastle is one of the most stupid ideas ever

Not if u stick up their arses

Pico
09-02-2014, 11:26 PM
no respect for history.... hope the shoe chant got a good rendition too.

09-02-2014, 11:55 PM

You are kidding right?
Must've been away on 'The Night'
Always Shoecastle!

pv4
09-02-2014, 11:59 PM
Can confirm I wore my FC St Pauli hat for the entire game, walked past multiple E-Group workers + policemen and was not given any strife

GazFish35
10-02-2014, 01:01 AM

Agreed. That's why it works.
Reckon we should do it every game.
Call and response hasn't caught on..... This might.

It's unique, it's silly, it's easy and visual. It's worth a laugh.

I hope it continues.

Superdylan
10-02-2014, 01:16 AM
Will not participate in shoes off if you love the jets. If people want to do it fine but I find it abit of a kids thing to do.

Anyways why wasn't the call and reponse chants done today.....where Newcastle whoah oh oh and nuremberg (not until after the game) Also no chase the sun either. Yet the we love you chant and the Newcastle tifosi were chanted several times which have only just been taken onboard.

This is something I always notice with the rbb they don't constantly repeat their songs. Just a word of thought.

Also can more be encouraged to get people everyone abit closer together, noticed there was some gaps in the middle of the bay today.

Positives of today the flag waving looked good.

stretch
10-02-2014, 01:25 AM
Also can more be encouraged to get people everyone abit closer together, noticed there was some gaps in the middle of the bay today.

+1 we were far too spread out. Have the squadron thought about moving to bay 50? New area, engagement with majority of Western fans, good bay design (triangular = closer together when smaller numbers but room for expansion), the Western stand will provide shade. Positives all round.

In all seriousness though, how close do you wanna get? I was forced out of my row it was that packed. Au Revoir came along and about 20 people followed him. Bloke is a magnet. No room for flag waving relegated to the aisle.

Superdylan
10-02-2014, 01:36 AM
Stick with bay 59,60 but id prefer to see us move over slightly to the left as bay 59 has alot more space.

furns
10-02-2014, 02:53 AM
you cant sit in bay 59 as its reserved silver seating.

And the RBB have about 5 songs Dyl, and sing them for 7 or 8 minutes each. Then repeat them.
So you are wrong.

Not every chant in the repertoire has to be given a run at each game. The chants that were repeated a number of times were the ones that got up the loudest.

GazFish35
10-02-2014, 08:01 AM
Will not participate in shoes off if you love the jets. If people want to do it fine but I find it abit of a kids thing to do.

Anyways why wasn't the call and reponse chants done today.....where Newcastle whoah oh oh and nuremberg (not until after the game) Also no chase the sun either. Yet the we love you chant and the Newcastle tifosi were chanted several times which have only just been taken onboard.

This is something I always notice with the rbb they don't constantly repeat their songs. Just a word of thought.

Positives of today the flag waving looked good.

People choosing which chants they sing and which ones they don't depending on whether they personally like them or not is the reason we sometimes suck balls.
And omg at your RBB comment...... Same songs over and over and over...... AND everyone sings whether they like the song or not. That's the single reason everyone faps over them.

Blackmac79
10-02-2014, 08:15 AM
Super dyl. Internet wins one week

Fails the next.

Back to your pool mate

northern_swan
10-02-2014, 08:50 AM
Noticed those in ecstasy taker stand clapping to "c'mon Newcastle" chant.

Seccos have dead set no idea though. Still have a flare bucket in front of bay 2. Secco on a chair sat looking at bay 1/2 all game. One stage there were 5 guards in front of bay 1/2, which contained 2 spectators on the wheelchair deck. One lair near me shouted out words to the effect of "doing a good job guarding those chairs" to which the female secco supervisor bellowed back "shut the fvck up you cvnt". Families nearby, great show of professionalism!

Oh and fox had the effects mike in front of bay 1/2 until about the 25 minute mark too. Genius.

BodyNovo
10-02-2014, 09:14 AM
the call & response imo should only be used when the team is winning

there is no way a newcastle crowd at 5pm on a sunday arvo when its 30 degrees and the team is losing and has been losing for years on end is going to respond

i think the fast pace and up beat chants (dale cavese, we are newy, we love you, we only sing for you) are the best chants when things our down, sometimes you need tor repeat songs because you know its what will get the bay going.

also we did sing chase the sun in the first half!

Blackmac79
10-02-2014, 09:25 AM
And we also sung Nurenberg. But pretty sure he meant Torcida.

pv4
10-02-2014, 09:31 AM
:rof: noticed We Love You & Tifosi, and noticed both went orf.

Best chant of the day was the Joel/Ryu one, particularly when the actions were involved. Looked and sounded great.

Bay 60 move was given the thumbs up by everyone I was surrounded with.

Superdylan
10-02-2014, 11:51 AM
you cant sit in bay 59 as its reserved silver seating

Ok I thought bay 59 was the bay where heaps of senior lads from the squadron were sitting.

joel31
10-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Ok I thought bay 59 was the bay where heaps of senior lads from the squadron were sitting.
the bay thing to the left of the squadron is still bay 60 its at the next "bay" that it becomes bay 59 as far as i could tell

BodyNovo
10-02-2014, 12:05 PM
bay 60 is 1200 seats it is everything from the 3 corner bays to the 3 tiers above the first line of seating.

Beeen
10-02-2014, 02:09 PM
Can confirm I wore my FC St Pauli hat for the entire game, walked past multiple E-Group workers + policemen and was not given any strife

Excellent. Unfortunately the JR and i were not in attendance yesterday but will be back next home game and beyond.

Superdylan
17-02-2014, 07:20 PM
Active support was great yesterday at times especially after we scored. Only was abit dire in the middle of the game obviously it was a warm day so that would not have helped. Tried to not repeat the same chants/songs either and most went pretty well as I was helping lead the away support there. Everyone involved in the away support was all 18+ so it was great to have an adult crowd back, beer showers yeww.

What's the chance of having an 18+ section next to the bay we have been standing in because I feel that these kids in the bay are rapidly ruining the adult environment in the bay. I know way too many people that are starting to become part timers in the squadron due to these issues and are mainly only joining in with the active support on away days.

Sorry if I'm being abit critical but we have a good core and we are playing one of our main rivals at home this weekend coming who will most likely be bringing large away support and it's an important game for us if we are to scrape into the finals so the boys need that extra support.

MFKS
17-02-2014, 08:01 PM
Active support was great yesterday at times especially after we scored. Only was abit dire in the middle of the game obviously it was a warm day so that would not have helped. Tried to not repeat the same chants/songs either and most went pretty well as I was helping lead the away support there. Everyone involved in the away support was all 18+ so it was great to have an adult crowd back, beer showers yeww.

What's the chance of having an 18+ section next to the bay we have been standing in because I feel that these kids in the bay are rapidly ruining the adult environment in the bay. I know way too many people that are starting to become part timers in the squadron due to these issues and are mainly only joining in with the active support on away days.

Sorry if I'm being abit critical but we have a good core and we are playing one of our main rivals at home this weekend coming who will most likely be bringing large away support and it's an important game for us if we are to scrape into the finals so the boys need that extra support.

Start your own crew in Bay 60 SD Get some strippers in there or at the very least some grade A glamours dressed sluttily and I am sure you will attract the adult crowd you are after:whistling:

Superdylan
17-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Start your own crew in Bay 60 SD Get some strippers in there or at the very least some grade A glamours dressed sluttily and I am sure you will attract the adult crowd you are after:whistling:

Haha ffs. Won't be starting my own crew but I want to try and get some of these mates who I might be mentioning involved in the active support more. Alot seem to be working on home game days, tenzo is becoming quite dead pregame aswell, it's a massive concern mate.

furns
17-02-2014, 08:59 PM
We had an 18+ crew SD, and then we get pasted for being exclusive and non-welcoming. You cant have your cake and eat it too.

I however do think that the younger crew need to be in a group in the middle (ie TRC MK2), with the SQN and NCL down the front and seniors guys up the back.

lquiquer
17-02-2014, 09:10 PM

Beer shower is the least orgasmic thing I can think off... Diving in your pool might do it for me??!!! Come on SD even RBB have kids on the Mega!!!!!

GazFish35
17-02-2014, 09:30 PM
The kids aren't hurting anyone except those who are using them as an excuse.
Get in the bays and have some fun FFS.
The bunch of "kids" that stood next to me last game sung, chanted, jumped, followed the capo, didn't try and pash the girls in front of them, didn't get on their phones, waved flags and went mental when we scored. Besides being maybe 5 years older what else do you want from them? The only thing that let them down was the fact they had to leave 5minutes before fulltime when their dad turned up to take them home. Haha.

"There's too many kids" FFS get in the bays and help move the average age of the group higher instead of whinging about the kids who turn up and have a go.

Away trips are always better, but in 5 years time if you away numbers to stay strong the young kids need to be in and around the bays at home games.

BodyNovo
17-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Agree

Kids love griff as much as I do

Superdylan
17-02-2014, 09:56 PM
We had an 18+ crew SD, and then we get pasted for being exclusive and non-welcoming. You cant have your cake and eat it too.

I however do think that the younger crew need to be in a group in the middle (ie TRC MK2), with the SQN and NCL down the front and seniors guys up the back.

You've made some good points there furns. Obviously with the change to the western stand communication in the bay has been changed. You have older lads and kids throughout the bay. And I think it's great that kids are joining in more, the more support is the better.

I just fear on a match day especially with a chant like the Dale cavese where we do go abit mental from time to time that one of these younger supporters might get seriously hurt. Safety must come first.

Sam
17-02-2014, 09:56 PM
The bunch of "kids" that stood next to me last game sung, chanted, jumped, followed the capo, didn't try and pash the girls in front of them, didn't get on their phones, waved flags and went mental when we scored. Besides being maybe 5 years older what else do you want from them? The only thing that let them down was the fact they had to leave 5minutes before fulltime when their dad turned up to take them home. Haha.

"There's too many kids" FFS get in the bays and help move the average age of the group higher instead of whinging about the kids who turn up and have a go.

Away trips are always better, but in 5 years time if you away numbers to stay strong the young kids need to be in and around the bays at home games.

The bunch of "kids" that stood next to me last game sung, chanted, jumped, followed the capo, didn't try and pash the girls in front of them, did't get on their phones, waved flags and went mental when we scored. Besides being maybe 5 years older what else do you want from them? The only thing that let them down was the fact they had to leave 5minutes before fulltime when their dad turned up to take them home. Haha.

"Threes too many kids" FFS get in the bays and help move the average age of the group higher instead of whinging about the kids who turn up and have a go.

Away trips are always better, but in 5 years time if you away numbers to stay strong the young kids need to be in NAND around the bays at home games.

The kids are awesome fun! They help bring a new spark to the squadron, they make us "oldies" laugh and we feel the need to encourage them by showing them what to do. I had the cutest boy next to me last game, he was watching my mouth to get the lyrics of our chants, so I sung louder. He had heaps of fun and his mum came down and thanked me afterwards. Dyl dont you see? We are changing the face of the squadron, its been known as drunk idiots for far too long, now we have mums trusting us with thier young kids! I reckon this is an awssome thing, the oldies still have thier fun and the kids are having fun too. The bigger the squadron the better, no matter the age.

Sam
17-02-2014, 10:00 PM
You've made some good points there furns. Obviously with the change to the western stand communication in the bay has been changed. You have older lads and kids throughout the bay. And I think it's great that kids are joining in more, the more support is the better.

I just fear on a match day especially with a chant like the Dale cavese where we do go abit mental from time to time that one of these younger supporters might get seriously hurt. Safety must come first.

Glad you can see the points Dyl, with the chant you mentioned, most of the smaller kids stay on the outside of the squadron or down the front with the flags, so theyre out of the way. Anyway I'm sure youguys can be mindful when there are young bodys around :)

Superdylan
17-02-2014, 10:37 PM
I try and be mindful Sam but all it takes is a push or a shove and there's a domino effect in the bay.

Ohh bring on Saturday, hopefully we have more of the senior lads getting into it. Sydney fc at home usually means larger numbers.

Blackmac79
17-02-2014, 10:59 PM

Is where I stopped reading.

Superdylan
17-02-2014, 11:07 PM
Is where I stopped reading.

Someone had to help lead the support. I know all the chants/songs well that are used by the squadron so why not? If people are willing to help out especially when bodi or Timmy don't have the mega then got no issue.

stretch
18-02-2014, 12:12 AM
Nice. Heard you lot couple of times on the TV, between Commie's intermittent commentary of "GO!!", SHOOOT!!!!"

Active support was great yesterday at times especially after we scored Only was abit dire in the middle of the game obviously it was a warm day so that would not have helped..

Score goals, win games, make the finals people will show. Half a decade of tripe does nothing to invigorate active support.

Everyone involved in the away support was all 18+ so it was great to have an adult crowd back, beer showers yeww.

You enjoy those? Luckee I ware my Stone Perry clobber to kep me from getng sticky, right? Give me a hammalanche over one of those any day of the week.

I hope zero. I was one of them, you were (I think) one of them. Plenty of youngin's nowadays that put in 110%, certainly more than you or I. Flag waving beast anyone??? They're our youth team. Gaz nailed it.

No one bloke, capo, sub group, flares, gym, shirts off, being more like the RBB or anything of the sort will fix this 'problem' (low numbers). On field performance - making the finals in particular will. Keep banging out tifo, keep the chant rotations and the steady, continued introduction of new ones. Keep doing what we're doing and hope that management don't.

Cheers SD, keep putting in the full shift and things'll go our way.

P.S Not gonna be at the game b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶ becos off the noisy drumbs, screeching megafone, an d kids.

BodyNovo
18-02-2014, 09:32 AM
stretch you need to come to the game and get plastered

your a disappointment to griff if you don't

hawk
18-02-2014, 02:48 PM
SD, leave the creche to those that can. pick a spot and can on. no worriz

Beeen
18-02-2014, 05:12 PM
can on. no worriz

amen, SD amen.

Superdylan
23-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Not too bad yesterday even though we lost.

What was a concern though is I made some 10 year old girls worry by my singing and energy in the bay.

Took me about 5 times to find an area in the bay which I felt comfortable singing/jumping around.

Mitchy
23-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Stop being such a drunk and actually be able to stand on the spot like everyone else

Blackmac79
23-02-2014, 02:06 PM
What should concern you is that there was no area in the bay anyone felt comfortable with you singing and jumping around.

Superdylan
23-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Shouldn't matter drunk or not drunk it was a derby against a main rival of cause I was going to be full of energy.

GazFish35
23-02-2014, 03:33 PM
:face palm:

militiamon
23-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Stop being such a drunk and actually be able to stand on the spot like everyone else

lol

Buddha
23-02-2014, 10:39 PM
All the lols.

q-money
23-02-2014, 10:46 PM
what's with singing sydney tunes, bit wack ay

militiamon
23-02-2014, 10:53 PM
ay

but idk anymore

militiamon
23-02-2014, 11:04 PM
Does seem to go down well, as does the old Melbourne Victory one, so yeah

q-money
23-02-2014, 11:11 PM
don't people have shame

wait don't answer that

Mitchy
24-02-2014, 12:01 AM
:lols:

The Dunster
24-02-2014, 12:11 AM
The Hunting season / smurf artwork looked brilliant. Nice job.

Jeterpool
24-02-2014, 08:21 AM
The Hunting season / smurf artwork looked brilliant. Nice job.

+1. Definitely one of your best. Very, very well done

Blackmac79
24-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Kudos to active support since the move. It has been a stack better

Superdylan
24-02-2014, 09:29 PM
Yeah the acoustics are amazing in bay 60.

Being out of that sun I think has helped with energy levels in the bay. I now don't have to worry about bringing a hat for afternoon games.

I'm more then happy if we stay there perm.

Blackmac79
24-02-2014, 09:31 PM
Yeah the acoustics are amazing in bay 60.

Being out of that sun I think has helped with energy levels in the bay. I now don't have to worry about bringing a hat for afternoon games.

I'm more then happy if we stay there perm.

The acoustics are like yodeling in the Sahara. Shit.

More people involved however helps.

timmy_v
24-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Kudos to active support since the move. It has been a stack better

Disagree. Out of the sun and a few cardboard cutouts didn't come on the move is the only positives.

GazFish35
24-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Any negatives tim?

q-money
25-02-2014, 12:49 PM
"cardboard cutout" was actually there ay

BodyNovo
25-02-2014, 03:54 PM

lel

hawk
25-02-2014, 11:45 PM
Any negatives tim?

we have more active support doh :P

la bazzle
28-02-2014, 06:43 PM

lololololololol

timmy_v
01-03-2014, 02:31 PM
Any negatives tim?

The security of the bay for me is the biggest negative.
Both games v WSW and SMURFS were having the same stupid issue's because of the is stupid club/stadium/security/police not listening to us and our issues we keep telling them about and they are more worried about us doing something about it because they won't and threatening to ban us? Farking joke

GazFish35
02-03-2014, 09:49 AM
The security of the bay for me is the biggest negative.
Both games v WSW and SMURFS were having the same stupid issue's because of the is stupid club/stadium/security/police not listening to us and our issues we keep telling them about and they are more worried about us doing something about it because they won't and threatening to ban us? Farking joke

So issues with the club/security/police that need to be worked through? Like lack of ticket checking at top of bays I assume? It was woeful in the WSW game.
Any different or any worse than bay2?

joel31
02-03-2014, 08:52 PM
So issues with the club/security/police that need to be worked through? Like lack of ticket checking at top of bays I assume? It was woeful in the WSW game.
Any different or any worse than bay2?
I reckon its the same I've never had a ticket checked in the 10 or so times I've been in the squadron over the past few seasons

hawk
02-03-2014, 10:09 PM
I reckon its the same I've never had a ticket checked in the 10 or so times I've been in the squadron over the past few seasons

seasons 07-08-09 had to show ticket number after that free for all

Superdylan
05-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Must say tobedogs flag waving skills were impressive last home game.

Hopefully he has got it in him again on Saturday.

Blackmac79
05-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Rubbish dyl.

Whacking people and chatting up young children all game. Sure the man was on fire. But it was ****ing annoying as hell.

timmy_v
05-03-2014, 10:16 PM
the mong fest continues.

Superdylan
05-03-2014, 10:42 PM
Rubbish dyl.

Whacking people and chatting up young children all game. Sure the man was on fire. But it was ****ing annoying as hell.

Ahh ok didn't realize that Toby.

q-money
09-03-2014, 12:23 AM
good effort today boyz, looked good from the Devon sangers

furns
09-03-2014, 01:11 AM
Finally able to say that we have not just one but two Ruben songs now

joel31
09-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Finally able to say that we have not just one but two Ruben songs now
until the others grow their hair

joel31
09-03-2014, 09:08 AM
I thought the active support was better away against the Wanderers than yesterday in terms of loudness and consistently going for 90 mins

pv4
09-03-2014, 10:07 AM
Yet again escaped any police/security/hatamoto trouble whilst wearing my St Pauli hat :cool:

Blackmac79
09-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Yet again escaped any police/security/hatamoto trouble whilst wearing my St Pauli hat :cool:

Sadly I wasn't there to hang my own political banners from the terrace. But congratualtions.

pv4
09-03-2014, 10:55 AM
Oh also I bow down to the Ruben chant

Blackmac79
09-03-2014, 11:07 AM
what is this new ruben chant?

pv4
09-03-2014, 11:12 AM
what is this new ruben chant?

It's poetic brilliance. Shakespeare & Banjo Patterson would have stopped all future writings after hearing it

GazFish35
09-03-2014, 12:20 PM
I thought the active support was better away against the Wanderers than yesterday in terms of loudness and consistently going for 90 mins

Away support is always stronger, greater ratio of people making noise.

BodyNovo
09-03-2014, 03:13 PM
It's poetic brilliance. Shakespeare & Banjo Patterson would have stopped all future writings after hearing it

:sup:

Superdylan
09-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Away support is always stronger, greater ratio of people making noise.

Shouldn't be the case though but I do find a longer pregame helps cut out socializing at games.

It's always a greater buzz on match day being with mates and fellow supporters early in the day on an away trip.

MFKS
09-03-2014, 06:02 PM
Shouldn't be the case though but I do find a longer pregame helps cut out socializing at games.

It's always a greater buzz on match day being with mates and fellow supporters early in the day on an away trip.

It will always be the case SD.

Away days are always more enjoyable than home games.

Think of all the fun/laughs and adventures you have had on away trips and then compare to home games???

Most of mine and yours best memories of supporting the Jets will be what happened at away games and the tales you can tell about what you got up to

FFS This Saturday coming is a classic example. As far as I am concerned it is the most important/enjoyable fixture of the year and the one I look forward to the most. Then the Smurfs and WSW trips then whatever interstaters I plan on going to and then Home Games.

Beeen
09-03-2014, 11:29 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j45x9ranFH0

Superdylan
12-03-2014, 11:11 AM
Kaze and lunatics making the trip down?

q-money
12-03-2014, 11:14 AM
not if you are

hawk
12-03-2014, 11:49 AM

so whos going down with the StP strip this time?

Premy
12-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Kaze and lunatics making the trip down?
should be a large contingent of Lunatics down there

Blackmac79
12-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Reckon we fill the bay with St. Pauli flags

Beeen
12-03-2014, 07:15 PM
Probably should

joel31
16-03-2014, 12:29 AM
any photos of the tifo from tonight
What did the one at the start of the game say

belchardo
16-03-2014, 12:32 AM
Basically "derby away win most important thing in season".

Ironic as clearly the club don't think that.

furns
16-03-2014, 01:12 AM
Away Derby Wins
Mean Everything

GazFish35
16-03-2014, 01:16 AM
Away Derby Wins
Mean Everything

Next time....

Away derby cock ups.
Not phased one little bit

Grimario
16-03-2014, 01:26 AM
Cheers to you guys and gals. Griff scoring and you lot were the highlight of the night watching from Adelaide.

furns
16-03-2014, 01:54 AM
Aaron Kearney said it best about 18 months ago: The only people who seem to give a shit about the F3 Derby are the Mariners players and the Jets supporters.

Still holds true

Superdylan
16-03-2014, 06:53 AM
Absolutely great active support tonight, lots of senior lads that have been part timers this season back in the action. Thought we went well for the result too. 2-0 down in 5 minutes was never going to be easy I'm so relieved with the way things run.

timmy_v
16-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Absolutely great active support tonight, lots of senior lads that have been part timers this season back in the action. Thought we went well for the result too. 2-0 down in 5 minutes was never going to be easy I'm so relieved with the way things run.

no senior lads have been part timers, but the fact you carried on like a dickhead and your mate throwing shit at bodi is an utter disgrace and we won't stand for it at all.

pull your ****ing head in.

pv4
17-03-2014, 07:41 AM
Still don't understand why "City of the Hunter" doesn't get going louder/longer. Probably my favourite chant as it's simple, easy to remember, and accomodates for the tone-deaf/octave-challenged. Plus you really get a chance to blast your lungs singing it. Everyone needs to legit scream this (see: stretch) next time it is sung.

How much more fun are night games as opposed to arvo ones?

hawk
17-03-2014, 10:51 AM
Still don't understand why "City of the Hunter" doesn't get going louder/longer. Probably my favourite chant as it's simple, easy to remember, and accomodates for the tone-deaf/octave-challenged. Plus you really get a chance to blast your lungs singing it. Everyone needs to legit scream this (see: stretch) next time it is sung.

How much more fun are night games as opposed to arvo ones?

commy loves it, just give him the nod

MFKS
18-03-2014, 10:26 AM
Anyone have any idea what blokes were getting thrown out for early on in the Gypo game??

Sure I seen blokes getting turfed 10-15 mins in??

BodyNovo
18-03-2014, 10:33 AM
Anyone have any idea what blokes were getting thrown out for early on in the Gypo game??

our bay is heavily monitored by cctv and all the blokes who threw their beers/soft drinks/etc in the direction of the gypos at the second goal were identified than police and security went in to turf them out.

most other things i.e language, jumping on chairs are given a warning but if they do it again they are kicked out.

throwing things is basically the only non warning/tolerance they police/security have.

pv4
18-03-2014, 10:38 AM

Throwing bottles onto the field, etc.

What were we, 2 down by then? :rof:

I'm not usually seriously into the whole "cops are heavy-handed, etc" debate but one guy I saw get turfed got roughed up, for no reason, pretty bad. The police were walking one guy out, walked past my man, and just grabbed him for no reason (he was rows back from the guy they were originally escorting, and I genuinely could not see any reason they grabbed him). They had his arm locked in a way that made me feel pain just watching it, and they wouldn't even stop for a second to even let his beer get put down, so he kept unintentionally spilling his beer on himself. A minute later, he's in the walkway bit behind the bay, cops have his face inbetween their knees and the concrete floor.

I have no doubt there were some deserving ejections, but this one guy I felt sympathy for (without knowing the full details) as he honestly looked innocent.

joel31
18-03-2014, 03:47 PM
Throwing bottles onto the field, etc.

What were we, 2 down by then? :rof:

I'm not usually seriously into the whole "cops are heavy-handed, etc" debate but one guy I saw get turfed got roughed up, for no reason, pretty bad. The police were walking one guy out, walked past my man, and just grabbed him for no reason (he was rows back from the guy they were originally escorting, and I genuinely could not see any reason they grabbed him). They had his arm locked in a way that made me feel pain just watching it, and they wouldn't even stop for a second to even let his beer get put down, so he kept unintentionally spilling his beer on himself. A minute later, he's in the walkway bit behind the bay, cops have his face inbetween their knees and the concrete floor.

I have no doubt there were some deserving ejections, but this one guy I felt sympathy for (without knowing the full details) as he honestly looked innocent.
i witnessed this same incident. The guy asked security why they were evicting the older guy then they just grabbed him as well

furns
18-03-2014, 09:15 PM
The evictions were precipitated by the throwing of the stuff onto the field.
As there were only two things thrown, and at least 10 ejections from what I saw, they werent giving people warnings first for the most part.
One bloke actually tripped on those shitty steps on the way back to his seat, but it was unfortunately in front of the security head chick and she grabbed him and got rid of him for being drunk.
Others were being thrown out for RSA and offensive language, and protesting other people being ejected as far as I am aware.

joel31
18-03-2014, 09:28 PM
The evictions were precipitated by the throwing of the stuff onto the field.
As there were only two things thrown, and at least 10 ejections from what I saw, they werent giving people warnings first for the most part.
One bloke actually tripped on those shitty steps on the way back to his seat, but it was unfortunately in front of the security head chick and she grabbed him and got rid of him for being drunk.
Others were being thrown out for RSA and offensive language, and protesting other people being ejected as far as I am aware.
aka security was over the top

pv4
18-03-2014, 09:33 PM
Like joel & I saw, the police were INSANELY over the top for that one case I wrote about. The guy wasn't in their faces, anything. I don't even think he rotated his body to face them. He was just casually standing there, beer in hand, and they just dragged him. Even though I was a few rows back from him, I made sure I checked my sides/back just incase a policeman wanted to randomly drag me aswell - that's how it felt!

To be all "we've been CONned" - I bet they won't play back the CCTV for that footage, if the guy attempts to make a stand against how he was handled, and for what.

Blackmac79
18-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Nothing new here for coast away.

Also if a cop wants to evict me for being intoxicated can I ask them to substantiate their claims with a breath/urine test?

RedMexican
18-03-2014, 09:58 PM
zero security at the leagues club :yay:

Mitchy
18-03-2014, 10:07 PM
zero security at the leagues club :yay:

Security out side of pulse were good but hey

stretch
18-03-2014, 10:21 PM
Also if a cop wants to evict me for being intoxicated can I ask them to substantiate their claims with a breath/urine test?

You can ask for a gobbie while they evict you. Doesn't mean they will comply because they don't need to.

See s 198 (1), and (5) of the LEPR.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/leara2002451/s198.html

Blackmac79
18-03-2014, 10:26 PM
Thanks stretch. Give me something to quote when they go for that bullshit line. Doubt the dumbass' know what's in it anyway.

parksey
18-03-2014, 11:45 PM
You can ask for a gobbie while they evict you. Doesn't mean they will comply because they don't need to.[/url]

sounds like this has happened to you a few times

militiamon
18-03-2014, 11:45 PM
Wait a minute, pv4 was at the game? And he didn't talk to me?

hmpf! :redcard:

pv4
19-03-2014, 12:09 AM
Wait a minute, pv4 was at the game? And he didn't talk to me?

hmpf! :redcard:

M8 I run the Squadron

joel31
22-03-2014, 08:15 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/1962762_576017265827291_258885806_n.jpg
I see we have some new recruits

hawk
22-03-2014, 08:44 PM
where's the rest of romper room, looks a bit thin

joel31
22-03-2014, 08:56 PM
where's the rest of romper room, looks a bit thin
I couldn't make it today :(

Blackmac79
23-03-2014, 07:49 PM
Can we stop recognising the RBB by singing about them? Even if it is just to say **** them. Ignore the bastards

militiamon
23-03-2014, 08:14 PM
^ oui

Superdylan
06-04-2014, 05:28 AM
Good numbers last night, probably some of our best at home this season.

Must say howcome we were without a drum in the first half though? Unsure about numbers?

Superdylan
06-04-2014, 05:39 AM
Also must say some of the kids in there that were around your age of 12 of year old went hard last night right mentality and everything. I saw one trying to start chants down the front. Got a very good potential youth system in the squadron, like it.

Blackmac79
06-04-2014, 09:18 AM
Also must say some of the kids in there that were around your age of 12 of year old went hard last night right mentality and everything. I saw one trying to start chants down the front. Got a very good potential youth system in the squadron, like it.

I can't keep up with you dyl.

Do we hate the kids?

Or do the Kids make us stronger?

or are we all kids?

Superdylan
06-04-2014, 10:01 AM
I like them in there providing they can handle an adult style crowd. I know we often get criticized with swearing in chants but it gives the squadron more fire. We had that last night it was good.

BodyNovo
07-04-2014, 09:45 AM
i cringe every time we sing Newy boys and everyone belts out "f**king scum", why can't they sing the whole song like that.

new novo youth crew are the future.

Mark325
15-04-2014, 11:36 AM
Question for some of the senior members and boys who have been with the club and the squadron for a long time, thoughts on making Novo Youth a proper sub-group within the squadron?

Mark325
15-04-2014, 11:39 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/1962762_576017265827291_258885806_n.jpg

Since moving the squadron back to Bay 2 seems unlikely, could we try and use different areas of Bay 60 for a game or two and see how that works out. For one game, could we try and use the Bay to the right of Bodi, where the flag is being waved. Me and my mates were standing there near the end of the season, you can see us in that picture, wearing the Red/Blue, Green and two casual clothing and we prefer it in that bay. For us, feels more similar to Bay 2 and helps us get more into the game, love to see if it has the same effect on everyone else

hawk
15-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Question for some of the senior members and boys who have been with the club and the squadron for a long time, thoughts on making Novo Youth a proper sub-group within the squadron?

get it happening. round up the crew

BodyNovo
15-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Since moving the squadron back to Bay 2 seems unlikely, could we try and use different areas of Bay 60 for a game or two and see how that works out. For one game, could we try and use the Bay to the right of Bodi, where the flag is being waved. Me and my mates were standing there near the end of the season, you can see us in that picture, wearing the Red/Blue, Green and two casual clothing and we prefer it in that bay. For us, feels more similar to Bay 2 and helps us get more into the game, love to see if it has the same effect on everyone else

the whole of bay 60 is considered active support.

make that part your own (novo youth) put your fence banners in that section stand front row.

Superdylan
15-04-2014, 08:50 PM

Agree the setup of seats in bay 60 is pretty strange compared to bay 2 so many aisles. But as you can see in that picture alot of people are sitting down so it might make things difficult.

Having said that afternoon games are bundles better in bay 60 with the energy levels so I hope we stay there for the future.

Blackmac79
15-04-2014, 08:58 PM
35th on the Stair terrace.
Novo youth to te left of us.
N-sector to the right.

timmy_v
15-04-2014, 09:39 PM
n-sector are now top level.

more info to come

hamma will confirm when its time

Sam
19-04-2014, 08:34 PM
I can't keep up with you dyl.

Do we hate the kids?

Or do the Kids make us stronger?

or are we all kids?

All of the above, depending how drunk he is :P

Sam
19-04-2014, 08:36 PM
i cringe every time we sing Newy boys and everyone belts out "f**king scum", why can't they sing the whole song like that.

new novo youth crew are the future.

Agree. Theres always an emphasis on f**k. Used to make me laugh, now its just annoying. Particularly with our new little ears.

Superdylan
20-04-2014, 11:13 AM
Agree. Theres always an emphasis on f**k. Used to make me laugh, now its just annoying. Particularly with our new little ears.

Yeah well pretty much all a-league groups have swearing in their chants. Football is a game of emotion after all. Obviously over swearing in chants isn't good and using the c word is defiantly alot worse then ****. Having said that most kids around 10 & up have been exposed to swearing in schools, playgrounds I know I certainly was. Can't remember what was sung in the early days aswell as others but isn't it true alot more of our chants had swearing in them in seasons 1 & 2?

la bazzle
20-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Bridgeys a fat khunt was the greatest chant in newy history

militiamon
20-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Made the papers it was so good.

q-money
20-04-2014, 12:12 PM
lol remember the moral panic :rof:

la bazzle
20-04-2014, 12:22 PM
lolololol and he tried to justify his fatness

militiamon
20-04-2014, 01:38 PM
The glory days

Squadron is flying too low
Dec. 8, 2008, 9:55 p.m.

SOME soccer-loving parents attending Newcastle Jets games have been known to take great pains to keep their children as far as possible from the seats occupied by the "Squadron", the famously rowdy Jets' supporters group.

For some time an impression has been forming that elements of the Squadron are incapable of controlling themselves.

This idea may stem from the 2007 incident in which Newcastle supporters pelted a visiting Sydney player with cups, bottles and cans. The Jets were lucky to escape sanctions as a result.

And despite an appeal for sense from Jets owner Con Constantine, the Squadron greeted former Newcastle player Mark Bridge with a torrent of booing and abuse when he visited earlier in the year with his new club, Sydney FC.

Bridge and Sydney expected the reception and shrugged it off as best they could, but the Squadron appears to be fixated with its dislike for Bridge and he was targeted again on Sunday night.

The swearing and offensive chanting directed at Bridge plumbed new depths of immaturity, leaving many to wonder if the Squadron has really lost the plot altogether. It's one thing to try to emulate British soccer fans and their thunderous chanting, but the Jets supporters appear to be operating at times with very little wit. The result is plain rubbish that can't do their team or their game any good.

Maybe it's no coincidence that the Jets are bottom of the heap in this year's competition. The quality of barracking in Newcastle on Sunday night must be perilously close to rock bottom in its own not-very-demanding league.

The loyalty and enthusiasm of the Squadron can't be questioned and it would be a shame if they became too tame in their support for the Newcastle side.

But Sunday night's effort was simply atrocious and it won't be surprising if more people decide not to spend hard-earned money taking their families to watch the Jets play because they don't want to be exposed to such low-grade offensive behaviour.

The Jets have condemned the behaviour and Squadron spokesmen have argued that the rubbish is coming from a minority in the group. If so, it's time the majority straightened them out or kicked them out.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/490922/squadron-is-flying-too-low/

THE conduct of Newcastle Jets supporters is again under scrutiny after a spectator was ejected from EnergyAustralia Stadium on Wednesday night for throwing a bottle onto the pitch during the Asian Champions League match against Nagoya Grampus.

The bottle appeared to have been aimed at Nagoya players after an on-field dispute with their Newcastle rivals late in the second half.

There were other reports yesterday that a coin was thrown and Japanese players were taunted with racist chants. (lol, the coin was actually thrown by a Turkish du on exchange at my high school for a month or two. Big TV pointed him out to the seccos straight away, and he was gone within a minute. I think he had to go back to Turkey after that)

Jets chief executive John Tsatsimas said spectators had helped security guards identify the person responsible for throwing the bottle, who was escorted from the ground.

Tsatsimas said the Jets had obtained the offender's name and it was "being dealt with by the police".

The offender also faces an indefinite ban from attending matches.

"There was one ejection, and that was dealt with as soon as possible," Tsatsimas said yesterday.

"The point I would like to make is that The Squadron handled it well.

"They were very supportive and the leaders helped keep control of the people in their areas, and they should be commended for that as well." Johnny T :wub: Best bloke

Tsatsimas said such behaviour was unacceptable.

"You don't shy away from that it was one incident too many," Tsatsimas said.

"But, having said that, it's been dealt with and probably serves notice that we're not going to be tolerant of anti-social behaviour."

A Football Federation Australia spokesman said he had been unaware of the bottle-throwing incident but would refer it to Asian Football Confederation officials.

Jets supporters have attracted unwanted publicity in the past few years for several incidents, although the club has so far avoided any official censure. (hang on a minute, I thought all of the Squadron's problems only cropped up in the last year or two??) :yap:

In November 2007, Football Federation Australia requested an investigation by the Jets after Newcastle supporters hurled plastic cups, plastic bottles and aluminium cans at Sydney FC midfielder Ufuk Talay as he attempted to take a corner kick. :yap:

Two months later, police reported incidents of antisocial behaviour after an F3 derby at Bluetongue Stadium, and Jets fans were criticised after for allegedly throwing a coin at Mariners player John Hutchinson. :rof: (this was surely our finest hour)

Last December, former Newcastle player Mark Bridge was booed every time he touched the ball and greeted by The Squadron with chants of, "F--- off Bridgey, I hope you die" and "Bridgey's a fat c---". :rof: :rof:

Meanwhile, it is understood Jets management have paid about one third of the unpaid superannuation and bonuses they owe to players, dating back to the start of the financial year.

They have been given another week to pay the balance believed to be around $60,000 or the Professional Footballers Association will take the matter to FFA for arbitration.

The issue was first made public five weeks ago when The Herald reported that Jets players were owed close to $100,000 in unpaid entitlements, a situation the PFA described as "unacceptable".

GazFish35
20-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Won't someone think of the children.

q-money
20-04-2014, 02:06 PM
"F--- off Bridgey, I hope you die
don't remember this one :rof:

GazFish35
20-04-2014, 02:26 PM
To be fair, I've heard said the same stuff to current squad members recently.

We need more cowbell.

Premy
22-08-2014, 08:57 PM
WTF :banghead: :wtf: :what:
Just seen in the Alf Port Adelaide all have NTUA scarfs and played it before the game.
Could you get anymore copycat, bunch of:wankers:

GazFish35
22-08-2014, 09:47 PM
Just seen in the Alf Port Adelaide all have NTUA scarfs and played it before the game.

RBB invented it, so let it go mate.

sammydog
22-08-2014, 10:43 PM

I noticed the other week on twitter that Port Adelaide fans use the #NTUA tag.

How long have they used it for?

There is a video here for anyone that wants to see it. They get more crowd take up than us. http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/video/2014-07-05/ptv-never-tear-us-apart-pre-game-round-16-2014-v-essendon

northern_swan
22-08-2014, 11:11 PM
Started it this year.
Their fans claimed they invented it on a prominent AFL bulletin board.
Pointed out Jets had been doing NTUA since forever.
Massive sook ensued, followed by pages of trolling.

Superdylan
22-08-2014, 11:13 PM

There is a video here for anyone that wants to see it. They get more crowd take up than us. http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/video/2014-07-05/ptv-never-tear-us-apart-pre-game-round-16-2014-v-essendon

I think this year, I follow the port Adelaide supporter group on Facebook (the alberton crowd) as I was interested to see how active support worked in other codes in australia and I am pretty sure it originated from that group. Their basically a group (some are Adelaide united fans) trying to bring an epl style of support into their games.

Still we have the better never tear us apart.

sammydog
22-08-2014, 11:22 PM
Still we have the better never tear us apart.

I'd say watching that video, they have a much higher proportion of crowd participation that we do with NTUA.

hawk
22-08-2014, 11:48 PM
Started it this year.
nice

I'd say watching that video, they have a much higher proportion of crowd participation that we do with NTUA.

wouldnt take many ay

Superdylan
06-09-2014, 02:25 PM
If we are to use the tifosi chant again this season

Can it be "Where Newcastle, the red & blue" instead of "we are newy, the red & blue", has a more uplifting sound to it.

joel31
06-09-2014, 04:10 PM
If we are to use the tifosi chant again this season

Can it be "Where Newcastle, the red & blue" instead of "we are newy, the red & blue", has a more uplifting sound to it.
u mean "we're Newcastle"
or "where Newcastle"

Superdylan
06-09-2014, 07:43 PM
u mean "we're Newcastle"
or "where Newcastle"

Yeah that joel :)

plague
06-09-2014, 07:44 PM
Started it this year.

INXS trollin' all your asses.

parksey
06-09-2014, 09:15 PM

well ****

Bremsstrahlung
07-09-2014, 08:35 PM
Rofl. Fox News giving airtime to all the port fans singing ntua.
Looked sick tbh. You'd think they've been singing it for years. Whole ground.
Should be the aim of jets, to get everyone singing, akin to the national anthem.

Make a giveaway out of it, print out placards with some slogan and make people hold them up for a chance to win, "stand up and sing for your hpnujfc". And pan the crowd. Do it for a season, and people should be involved.

Blackmac79
08-09-2014, 08:14 PM
blah blah blah.

Port are awesome anyway. Koschie likes them or something, and he just loves football.

**** lets give em NTUA.

Never made sense to me anyway considering watching a Jets game is like being torn apart by a 5 inch wide wooden dildo.

plague
08-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Rofl. Fox News giving airtime to all the port fans singing ntua.
Looked sick tbh. You'd think they've been singing it for years. Whole ground.
Should be the aim of jets, to get everyone singing, akin to the national anthem.

Make a giveaway out of it, print out placards with some slogan and make people hold them up for a chance to win, "stand up and sing for your hpnujfc". And pan the crowd. Do it for a season, and people should be involved.

INXS owns the song.
All of y'all are just renting.

As emphasised by the recent NEWFM Top 500 songs, 'Better' by the Screaming Jets is the song that unites all of Newcastle.

Give that a run ay.

MFKS
08-09-2014, 09:25 PM
INXS owns the song.
All of y'all are just renting.

As emphasised by the recent NEWFM Top 500 songs, 'Better' by the Screaming Jets is the song that unites all of Newcastle.

Give that a run ay.

Yeah but that song isn't really fitting

When they say we will never get anywhere it is fair cause we are shit

Superdylan
29-09-2014, 10:53 AM
What's everyone's thoughts of mixing up some of our songs/chants and making them better?

Song that came to mind was 'We are Newcastle sha la la la la.

Instead my version would

We are Newcastle, the famous red & blue
We're always with you and we're loyal to you
And we wil we nevvver walk away from you

Probably another quick verse then bring in the sha la la bit? Repeat.

Blackmac79
29-09-2014, 11:38 AM
if it aint broke...

GazFish35
29-09-2014, 01:36 PM
What's everyone's thoughts of mixing up some of our songs/chants and making them better?

Song that came to mind was 'We are Newcastle sha la la la la.

Instead my version would

We are Newcastle, the famous red & blue
We're always with you and we're loyal to you
And we wil we nevvver walk away from you

Probably another quick verse then bring in the sha la la bit? Repeat.

People struggle to know the words as it is, singing something different to the same tune won't help.

MFKS
29-09-2014, 02:13 PM
People struggle to know the words as it is,

How retarded are these people???:facepalm:

FFS there are a handful of ****ing words in it anyway

Blackmac79
29-09-2014, 02:24 PM

FFS there are a handful of ****ing words in it anyway

Its Newcastle mate. You have to go by the lowest common denominator.

Which is your "My mother was heavily addicted to heroin while pregnant with me" type.

GazFish35
29-09-2014, 02:49 PM

They turn and have a go, so not very.

Superdylan
12-10-2014, 07:55 AM
Went alright today for what was a hot afternoon.

So hot in that first half thankfully the sun dipped and energy levels definitely picked up in the second half.

Abit more flag waving wouldn't have hurt for visual presence but still not too bad.

Bring on Melbourne next week.

belchardo
12-10-2014, 09:24 AM
Kudos on the "hutcho's a wanker" chant. Clearly audible on the coverage.

Superdylan
12-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Kudos on the "hutcho's a wanker" chant. Clearly audible on the coverage.

That's Newcastle for you. I did feel abit cringeworthy chanting that. Never again I hope.

MFKS
12-10-2014, 04:48 PM
That's Newcastle for you. I did feel abit cringeworthy chanting that. Never again I hope.
:wtf:
Heard it all now

SD you were starting much worse in the pub FFS:rof:

Superdylan
12-10-2014, 05:33 PM
:wtf:
Heard it all now

SD you were starting much worse in the pub FFS:rof:

Hahaha come on jared.

GazFish35
12-10-2014, 05:44 PM

Oh FFS, SD the last bastion of morality

Not after your behaviour yesterday.

Next week in Melbourne you should dress up as pot and go searching for kettles to call black.

furns
12-10-2014, 08:02 PM
Oh, and a big facepalm to anyone who looked at me confused when I tried to start a "he's just a fat Akinfenwa" chant.
That would have killed in the UK.

lrn2football

WolfMan
12-10-2014, 08:21 PM
Oh FFS, SD the last bastion of morality

Not after your behaviour yesterday.

Next week in Melbourne you should dress up as pot and go searching for kettles to call black.

Those chairs were asking for it TBH.

Side note : I thought the earlier kickoff of 5 instead of 7 or 7:30 did wonders for our behaviour as a whole. I can put up with the sun if we have incident-free derbies like that

GazFish35
12-10-2014, 08:31 PM
Those chairs were asking for it TBH.

Side note : I thought the earlier kickoff of 5 instead of 7 or 7:30 did wonders for our behaviour as a whole. I can put up with the sun if we have incident-free derbies like that

Those chairs had tripped him up a few times, you're right.

I don't think the 5pm kickoff was an accident in that regard.

Superdylan
12-10-2014, 08:41 PM
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=859&d=1413103154

Would do wonders for hot afternoon games in da squadron

timmy_v
12-10-2014, 09:02 PM
Honestly more chanting about our boys and getting them home.

Second half with people down the front starting shit chants and not listening to the capo - disgrace.

Hutcho's a wanker chant has been around since you weren't born SD, it will never die. TBH its sad that you don't even know the story behind it.

Stokecityfc
17-10-2014, 04:40 PM
Parksea out

joel31
08-11-2014, 11:30 PM
SD out

Tried to start a RBB ole

disgrace

furns
09-11-2014, 12:49 AM
First half was great, where the f*ck did everyone disappear to at halftime?
Didn't pick back up until the return of Bodi & Big V

BodyNovo
13-11-2014, 03:11 PM
what are peoples thoughts on the removal of the megaphone and capo box for tomorrow nights game?

serious discussion!

would it make more inclined to join in/come back?

the drum would still be there but only beating to the chant most dominant.

pv4
13-11-2014, 03:18 PM
I like the mega.

It brings order to things and gets the chants way more pumping than if they happen organically for the most part.

I find a good chant will go hard for a while and it's mostly when the dude on the mega puts in less effort that it tends to die down.

I find the issue with our active support is no matter how awesome a chant is going, we let it die down for no apparent reason. I went to the WSW home semi vs Seoul and when they get a chant pumping, they just go hell for leather for over 10 minutes on it, and just refuse to let it die.

I find most of the organic chants that are made without the mega, that aren't apart of the usual reporture (I have zero idea how to spell that) usually attempt to be slightly witty but fall on its arse and just leave the bay in this awkward silence for a few minutes until the mega starts up another chant. You know, like someone wants to start a "we've got 1 and they've got none" kinda chant. I don't enjoy them as much as say a City of the Hunter chant started by the mega, and kept going by the mega.

But the issues I see with my argument are:
- I'm not a home bay active regular
- I prefer Euro-style chants massively over the English-style, which I know a lot of Newy people prefer the opposite (and for the life of me I can't work out why, particularly when said people keep saying "be more like the rbb" who pretty much only do Euro-style chants).

Blackmac79
13-11-2014, 04:34 PM
Pv4 far more elegantly put my thoughts than I could

pv4
13-11-2014, 04:49 PM
Also.. rather than people saying "Be more like the RBB" let's all start saying "Be more like stretch and au revior" because honestly, every time I'm in the bay, those two are giving it larger than anyone else without a mega.

GazFish35
13-11-2014, 04:55 PM
Honestly I think this discussion needs to be had on a wider scale than this forum as most people in here are either 'active actives' or are scattered around the ground and dont come into60 for a whole host of reasons beyond the megaphone, as is their choice.
I'd imagine the responses we'll get here will be much like PV4's eg I like the mega, or I'm not in bay60 anyway.

I dont think the people who we might be able to come and join us in the bays are on these forums much anymore.

Personally I like the mega and agree with everything PV4 has said, but if its keeping a large number of people away, I'd rather have bodies in the bay.

I don't think the "low hanging fruit" like the mega.

sammydog
13-11-2014, 09:06 PM
I'm not in Bay 60, but I agree with PV4 about hammering out a chant and keeping it going for 10mins. If you want any chance of anyone outside Bay 60 joining in, the chants have to be given the time for others to join.

Let them die quick and before anyone outside the active area knows what it is and its gone.

As an outsiders, I would have imagined that the megaphone is what gives the active area some form of structure. Guess it comes down to the question, do you want to sing as one, or do you want to be a disjointed crowd of smaller groups trying to do their own thing.

I think the former, more than the latter is what will entice people to come and join the bay.

lquiquer
13-11-2014, 10:19 PM
I'm not in bay 60 either but I think what Squadron needs, is to actually find a song, a tune whatever you want to call it, that they can keep going for 10 /15 minutes. I personally think there isn't one at the moment. Hate to compare with RBB but i think they found one with that A Call to Arms tune they can keep going for 20 minutes.....not really loud bus constant....... Maybe a South American tune like the one member talk about in his diary....change words, keep it simple, make it about Griff (Or 2008), wave one arm and keep it going.....In between sing Lets all jump for Newcastle then Stand up if you love the jets, try to get other Bays involved, throw in Who r we? Newcastle......back all songs with drum, wave the flags and you would not need Mega as much. Easy to say hard to put in practice but that's my opinion.

Superdylan
13-11-2014, 10:42 PM
Agree with everything you just said lquiquer it's not only the rbb btw, I've noticed the cove have also lifted their game. I think a song/chant we can really get going for a long period is the 'were Newcastle, were wonderful, were gonna sing clap, chant until we score' (need this one with a arms out, slow clap & fast clap rhythm).

I've lately been checking out alot of the videos from the helala boys which are a group from morroco very catchy chants like the one in this video.
https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=gs2KkCjaKUM

However I think the main goal 2moz night is to get our bay alot fuller, I'm not convinced bay 60 is the longtime answer especially when it was only properly decided a week off from our first home game.

GazFish35
13-11-2014, 10:51 PM
I'm not convinced bay 60 is the longtime answer especially when it was only properly decided a week off from our first home game.

A week? What was last year? There was lengthy discussion IIRC.

Superdylan
13-11-2014, 10:58 PM
A week? What was last year? There was lengthy discussion IIRC.

I meant for this season. With the protest planned it was going to be a chance to engage the southern end however a week off things were sorted and we were back to bay 60 (not sure how we would have gone but none the less).

lquiquer
13-11-2014, 11:00 PM
Agree with everything you just said lquiquer it's not only the rbb btw, I've noticed the cove have also lifted their game. I think a song/chant we can really get going for a long period is the 'were Newcastle, were wonderful, were gonna sing clap, chant until we score' (need this one with a arms out, slow clap & fast clap rhythm).

I've lately been checking out alot of the videos from the helala boys which are a group from morroco very catchy chants like the one in this video.

However I think the main goal 2moz night is to get our bay alot fuller, I'm not convinced bay 60 is the longtime answer especially when it was only properly decided a week off from our first home game.

https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=gs2KkCjaKUM.......... It's a Taylor Swift video!!!! :lol:

GazFish35
13-11-2014, 11:03 PM
I meant for this season. With the protest planned it was going to be a chance to engage the southern end however a week off things were sorted and we were back to bay 60 (not sure how we would have gone but none the less).

ah, gotya now!
timing wasn't great

GazFish35
13-11-2014, 11:04 PM
https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=gs2KkCjaKUM.......... It's a Taylor Swift video!!!! :lol:

hahah the modern day version of being Rick Rolled

Premy
13-11-2014, 11:13 PM

To the tune in that clip.

Oooohh we are New-ca-stle,
We are the famous Red, Gold and Blue.
Oooohh we are New-ca-stle
We are the famous Red, Gold and Blue

Ally-Oohh Ally-Oohh
Ally-Oohh Ally-Oohh

repeat

Superdylan
13-11-2014, 11:21 PM
To the tune in that clip.

Ally-Oohh Ally-Oohh
Ally-Oohh Ally-Oohh

repeat

Too much repeating of the we are the famous red, gold and blue but on the right track.

Premy
13-11-2014, 11:28 PM
We sing from the terrace just for you.

Ally-Oohh Ally-Oohh
Ally-Oohh Ally-Oohh

Superdylan
14-11-2014, 12:07 AM

Ally-Oohh Ally-Oohh
Ally-Oohh Ally-Oohh

Not too bad, this is what I came up with. The first bit of the song would be insane but I think it would be way too complicated for newy folk.

Ohh we are New-cas-tle
We are the famous red & blue
We will all stand un-it-ed
And sing from the terrace just for you

Ally-oohhh Ally-ohhh
Ohh commonnnnnn Newcastle
Ally-oohhh Ally-ohhh
Common newcasssstle

Mitchy
14-11-2014, 12:18 AM
Lets just go back to singing discloland, oasis and status quo

Blackmac79
14-11-2014, 06:30 AM
Issues:

- There needs to be a critical mass, which when reached people say "wow that looks like fun, I want to join". At the moment the critical mass is below this point, reasons various. Would help if those who wanted to be involved conglomerated somewhere, and didn't leave at half time. Beer lines < Supporting team, drink full strength when you get back to the puvb.
- Learning New songs is all well and good to say, but for crying out loud we have tried 2 or so new songs (Mrs Robinson, Moon shadow, Torcida, Novocastria) and noone bothers to join in the words are easy.
-"Let's keep going for 10mins", however most of the people in the bay lose interest within 2-3 repetitions of ANYTHING.
- Constant negativity, its just seems to keep coming, no matter what we do, perhaps this is just people venting from the on field stuff. But I think that what we are CURRENTLY doing has seen several NEW people get involved over the last 12 months. This has not seen growth due to the numbers of older, or moreinterestedinorganisingfightsandthengettinghead aches guys leaving.
- Ditch the capo and the bay will be quieter than old trafford for 90mins.

Give it a go. Will be shit though, did it last year. Some poor sod had to go back and get the stuff at half time.

Also reckon you will lose more people through losing interest than gain with not having the capo. And are people who don't want a capo wanting to be part of active support or an area the deem they can booze up, abuse, and get away with it.

Know what I think keeps people away? ****wits throwing beers.

I support positive changes, things that will see the bay move forward. Removing the capo will just reduce noise, interest level, and numbers further

la bazzle
14-11-2014, 07:44 AM
At the end of the day the shitness on the pitch has made this club almost unloveable. Personally I don't feel the passion enough to sing for them. I don't think many changes will increase the number of peeps while we continue to get given disapointment after disapointment. Like someone said before only winning will bring people back/increase recruits. You homiez do a job, just like Iggya Azalea, don't worry bout those haterz

pv4
14-11-2014, 08:33 AM
FWIW I reckon these chants could last the 10+ mins, if given a proper go:

- We're Newcastle, United boys.
- City of the Hunter (if an extra bit is added that gets people jumping, ole-ing, or something. maybe two reps of City of the Hunter, followed by a break-out bit, then back to City of the Hunter - I don't have the exact answers for this yet).
- Tifosi
- We love you/St Pauli

Not sure I know the other chants well enough.

But there's what, 4 or 5 I've already listed, and if somehow we can rally the bay to refuse to let them die for a good 5-10mins, there's basically a half gone. Rinse and repeat for the second half. Let the silly little witty things happen organically in the middle, but when that post-awkward silence hits, just go large on one of the above chants.

Hit out a Come On Newcastle once a half too, really hammer that for a good 10 mins and force the general crowd to get it going.

Also I think we need a celebration chant for all of our players. Like Boom boom boom, lemme hear you say Griffo kind of thing. I reckon it'd be sick if every single player had a designated chant so if/when they score, we hit that hard for 5 minutes.

I know a 5-10minute chant isn't easy to do, and way easier said than done, but basically I feel like if the large majority of you people reading this here just keep it going, even shout louder when you sense the rest of the bay is dying down, the group will follow suit.

Superdylan
14-11-2014, 08:53 AM
FWIW I reckon these chants could last the 10+ mins, if given a proper go:

- We're Newcastle, United boys.
- City of the Hunter (if an extra bit is added that gets people jumping, ole-ing, or something. maybe two reps of City of the Hunter, followed by a break-out bit, then back to City of the Hunter - I don't have the exact answers for this yet).
- Tifosi
- We love you/St Pauli

Don't forget the 'were Newcastle, were wonderful' song pv4. I'd love to see an arms out/slow clap/fast clap version of this (with the call and response bit on the 2nd verse)

plague
14-11-2014, 09:28 AM
Legit question.
Did anyone in active bay hear the eastern stand doing the "new-car-sell" chant late in the 2nd half?
From my vantage point it seemed to start from there but active bay didn't join in. Is it because it wasn't heard? Or not interested? Or did you blokes in fact start it and the shitty acoustics made me not hear y'all.
Not criticism just interested and as stated by many acoustics are rubbish so every chance it wasn't heard/I heard wrong.

GazFish35
14-11-2014, 10:16 AM
Legit question.
Did anyone in active bay hear the eastern stand doing the "new-car-sell" chant late in the 2nd half?
From my vantage point it seemed to start from there but active bay didn't join in. Is it because it wasn't heard? Or not interested? Or did you blokes in fact start it and the shitty acoustics made me not hear y'all.
Not criticism just interested and as stated by many acoustics are rubbish so every chance it wasn't heard/I heard wrong.

I couldn't hear much. The strong nor-Easter didn't help.
Most noise anyone made would have been heard at the hockey centre rather than in the ground.

lquiquer
14-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Legit question.

Since when Plague ask legit questions? :D

plague
14-11-2014, 10:47 AM
Since when Plague ask legit questions? :D

Usually between the hours of 6am - 9am.
Right before the mixture of alcohol and Ritalin kicks in.

joel31
14-11-2014, 05:16 PM
Know what I think keeps people away? ****wits throwing beers.
this is one of the things I hate most about the squadron

q-money
14-11-2014, 05:32 PM
who the **** can afford to chuck a beer away tbh

i know professor snake is rich enough and maybe that bloke that chucked one at dyron daal but how stupid can you get

Beeen
14-11-2014, 05:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSSAyak6smA

Give it a rip. Coordinating this between squadron and us on south-west corner would be :lulzturtle:

Beeen
14-11-2014, 05:57 PM
Paging Schultz.

hausmann
14-11-2014, 07:06 PM
what are peoples thoughts on the removal of the megaphone and capo box for tomorrow nights game?

serious discussion!

would it make more inclined to join in/come back?

the drum would still be there but only beating to the chant most dominant.

I think you need the mega. You just don't have to sing through it all the time.

For me, the key is using your imagination. For example, maybe try and mix things up by bring a snare drum rather than a bass drum. Given the influx of new players it would be good to have chants for as many of the players as possible so these can be used wherever possible. I always prefer chanting that reflects what's going on the pitch as opposed to 10 minutes of repetitive noise that doesn't sound like it would even inspire the players. Be on the lookout for people with musical ability and bring them in wherever possible. The mega used to have the ability to plug an ipod into it, if this is still the case, why not play some music through it to sing along to. For starters, you can play NTUA through it on 85 minute mark, or maybe our resident DJ can select a tune to play through it.

And I also agree with the Status Quo, Oasis, Discoland remark. I always liked singing a well known tune with a good melody, and it makes no difference if it is a real "football song" or not. Well known songs get people in the singing mood.

I think you've got to appeal to the people who come to the game to experience an event, but the hard part is that you've got to not look like try hards.

la bazzle
14-11-2014, 10:45 PM
You guys are saints. How u still do it I don't know

Blackmac79
14-11-2014, 11:02 PM
Forza squadron

joel31
14-11-2014, 11:12 PM
sounded fantastic on TV. Good job guys

MFKS
14-11-2014, 11:21 PM
In a night that showed what a ****ing inept disgrace our club is to me there were two ****ing positives.

First up the vast majority of Jets fans who stayed to the end of the game when the cunce on the park gave them every reason to leave. I was amazed at how many were still there when the score hit 4-0

Secondly the Supporters in Bay 60 who basically showed the fact that the people of this town deserve a team that does us proud just like the active support did tonight. The enthusiasm from you guys to the cause was amazing considering the shower of shite on the park who gave very little to their fans.

All of you deserve a pat on the back :thumbsup:

WELL DONE

lquiquer
14-11-2014, 11:27 PM
In a night that showed what a ****ing inept disgrace our club is to me there were two ****ing positives.

First up the vast majority of Jets fans who stayed to the end of the game when the cunce on the park gave them every reason to leave. I was amazed at how many were still there when the score hit 4-0

Secondly the Supporters in Bay 60 who basically showed the fact that the people of this town deserve a team that does us proud just like the active support did tonight. The enthusiasm from you guys to the cause was amazing considering the shower of shite on the park who gave very little to their fans.

WELL DONE

Agree ^........ :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Grimario
14-11-2014, 11:28 PM
There was a shot on TV I think shortly after the third goal went in and bay 60 was going at it strong.

Wish some of the players, most of the coaching staff and all of the admin gave half as much of a shit as you guys and gals do. Love youse all.

baldrick
14-11-2014, 11:38 PM
Well done tonight lads.

sammydog
15-11-2014, 12:53 AM

WELL DONE

Agree. Squadron seemed to keep at it well after it was evident the team, coach and club couldn't give a ****. Even Gallop looked pissed on the pitch post match.

Mitchy
15-11-2014, 01:46 AM
I seriously had the most fun in a long time at a game tonight and we ****ing lost 4-0

Thanks guys

Squadron is here to stay

Superdylan
15-11-2014, 11:55 AM
You guys are saints. How u still do it I don't know

This

Happily joined the east corner terrace in the last 10 minutes just wanting the game too end.

Highlights of the night were keeping the chants going for large periods in the first 35 minutes. Newy born newy bred sounded awesome first time around.

pv4
18-11-2014, 11:37 PM
In furthering to my comments about not letting chants die down, i just noticed the Japanese fans in the Socceroos game kept the same chant going from 45th-55th minute. Whatever happened on the field they reacted to, but just picked the chant back up.

And honestly, it was amazing.

BodyNovo
19-11-2014, 09:22 AM
japans chants were terrible other than the toricida one.

good on them for repeating it but

lquiquer
19-11-2014, 10:15 AM

good on them for repeating it but

I like the Vamos Nippon they had going for at least 20minutes non stop in the first half.....except could not get it out of my head at half time!!!!!

MFKS
19-11-2014, 10:38 AM
I like the Vamos Nippon they had going for at least 20minutes non stop in the first half.....except could not get it out of my head at half time!!!!!

Rip off of the Vamos Argentina chant I take it???

lquiquer
19-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Rip off of the Vamos Argentina chant I take it???

You went there ...u tell me..... I don't know?

plague
19-11-2014, 10:50 AM

Nippon chant is one of the best in world football.
Simple, loud, catchy.
You blokes and you la-dee-dahs and your big words should take note.

Superdylan
19-11-2014, 11:10 AM
Nippon chant is one of the best in world football.
Simple, loud, catchy.
You blokes and you la-dee-dahs and your big words should take note.

Yeah the song gets annoying after about it's 4th repeat. I don't know how the japanese like it because it was doing my head in when I kept hearing the same lyrics last night.

I hope it never enters bay 60, as a come on Newcastle. We have enough one liner songs as it is.

plague
19-11-2014, 11:30 AM
Yeah the song gets annoying after about it's 4th repeat. I don't know how the japanese like it because it was doing my head in when I kept hearing the same lyrics last night.

I hope it never enters bay 60, as a come on Newcastle. We have enough one liner songs as it is.

That's the point though, the song fires up their team and annoys opposition fans.
Job done.

MFKS
19-11-2014, 11:33 AM
You went there ...u tell me..... I don't know?

Haven't watched the game yet.

Just got the highlights so far and will watch later so have no idea what chant it was yet

lquiquer
19-11-2014, 11:56 AM
Haven't watched the game yet.

Just got the highlights so far and will watch later so have no idea what chant it was yet

last 20 minutes of the first half.....then again in second half

MFKS
19-11-2014, 12:21 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z9G3_FKbn0
That??

lquiquer
19-11-2014, 12:31 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z9G3_FKbn0
That??

nope

pv4
19-11-2014, 12:42 PM
If we did Vamos Nippon but changed it to Vamos Griffo and kept it up for 90mins I'm fairly sure the numbers in bay 60 will be increased by a squillion.

Beeen
19-11-2014, 02:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm_DvwVfDXk

BodyNovo
19-11-2014, 02:21 PM
its just score a goal hey in aus

rbb boys love it

joel31
19-11-2014, 04:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm_DvwVfDXk
Ohhhhhhh
We love Newcastle
Newcastle
Newcastle
We love Newcastle

Superdylan
19-11-2014, 06:10 PM
Ohhhhhhh
We love Newcastle
Newcastle
Newcastle
We love Newcastle

Just what the squadron/bay 60 needs more one liner chants

No thanks

Blackmac79
19-11-2014, 06:57 PM

No thanks

Cause wordy chants work a treat....

People can barely cope

GazFish35
19-11-2014, 07:02 PM
I'm getting dizzy.

lquiquer
19-11-2014, 08:14 PM

No thanks

Yes please....exactly what we need.....simple, catchy....and keep it going.....

pv4
19-11-2014, 10:54 PM
Ohhhhhhh
We love Newcastle
Newcastle
Newcastle
We love Newcastle

Even more one line..

Ohhhhhhh
New-castle
Newcastle
Newcastle
New-castle

Blackmac79
20-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Even more one line..

Ohhhhhhh
New-castle
Newcastle
Newcastle
New-castle

Or even

Ohhhhhhhhhh
New-y
Newy
Newy
New-y

Hey hey hey hey

BodyNovo
20-11-2014, 11:59 AM
or score a goal maybe?

Beeen
20-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Or even

Ohhhhhhhhhh
New-y
Newy
Newy
New-y

Hey hey hey hey

Ohhhhhhhh
Ohhhh-Ohh
Ohhhh
Ohhhh
Ohhhh-Ohhh

Oh oh oh oh

Beeen
20-11-2014, 12:03 PM
hhhhhhhh
hhhh-hh
hhhh
hhhh
hhhh-hh

h - h - h - h

pv4
20-11-2014, 12:10 PM
hhhhhhhh
hhhh-hh
hhhh
hhhh
hhhh-hh

h - h - h - h

Superdyl likes this

pv4
20-11-2014, 12:10 PM
or score a goal maybe?

Vamos Griffo IMO

Superdylan
20-11-2014, 12:37 PM
hhhhhhhh
hhhh-hh
hhhh
hhhh
hhhh-hh

h - h - h - h

....-.....
....-..

. - . -. -

GazFish35
20-11-2014, 01:02 PM
....-.....
....-..

. - . -. -

we already sing that one

Blackmac79
20-11-2014, 01:36 PM
Vamos Griffo IMO

90mins strong

we already sing that one

It has our highest participation rate.

Beeen
20-11-2014, 03:14 PM
legit question: Is there restrictions on dimensions a flag fabric can be? And the pole/stick can only be 1.5m yeah? Danke

BodyNovo
20-11-2014, 03:39 PM
legit question: Is there restrictions on dimensions a flag fabric can be? And the pole/stick can only be 1.5m yeah? Danke

on record

fabric has to fire retardant
and its 1m before you need to get it cleared by security.

in saying that squadrons big flags haven't been checked in 2 years.

BodyNovo
21-11-2014, 10:44 AM
the new corner terraces would be the business, i.e. bay 60, leads down to a focal point

ain't nothing gonna change though, get used to it

wow, q actually was the first to iniate the move to bay 60.

well done q-mungus