PDA

View Full Version : Active Support Feedback Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

parksey
07-02-2018, 09:42 PM
This is what helps kill football fan culture, which is meant to be spontaneous, aside from singing your theme song pre-match.

Countdowns to kick off, speakers blaring "give it up for your Newcastle Jets" :blush: (I hate 120 db ground announcers), and premeditated chants that are not related to the game.

Yeah , let's see who stands up when we are down 3-0 at home next.

Like Oi, Oi, Oi and similar it's done for the bandwagoners and the kids.

someone's gotta step up if the NCL is too scared about being leaders off the pitch

may as well be the ground announcer at this rate

hawk
07-02-2018, 09:46 PM
This is what helps kill football fan culture, which is meant to be spontaneous, aside from singing your theme song pre-match..

yeah i know but in Newy we cannot operate any other way.

It must must be simple, timed and well known. it is simple league town mentality

Superdylan
11-02-2018, 12:51 PM
This is what helps kill football fan culture, which is meant to be spontaneous, aside from singing your theme song pre-match.

Countdowns to kick off, speakers blaring "give it up for your Newcastle Jets" :blush: (I hate 120 db ground announcers), and premeditated chants that are not related to the game.

Yeah , let's see who stands up when we are down 3-0 at home next.

Like Oi, Oi, Oi and similar it's done for the bandwagoners and the kids.

Thing is though we aren't the only a-league team that does it.

Sydney fc have the words of the "The famous sydney fc chant" come up on the screen. Wanderers ground announce yells out the players names and the crowd follows.

Least its better then the coast and having a brass band walking around the stadium when the games on.

Jetmaster
12-02-2018, 02:24 PM
wait up.
so you hate all the club led stuff apart from the club led stuff you like?

That was a slight concession that I can live with...even Liverpool and West Ham play a song soundtrack pre-match even though they've been singing their songs unassisted for years.

plague
12-02-2018, 04:33 PM
That was a slight concession that I can live with...even Liverpool and West Ham play a song soundtrack pre-match even though they've been singing their songs unassisted for years.

So what’s more important to you.

a) the chants being done the ‘proper’ way.

Or

b) the chants being done the loudest and most inclusive way.

Jetmaster
12-02-2018, 06:58 PM
I'll be honest - I prefer it spur of the moment by the fans, in relation to what is happening on the field.

I hate the "Noo car sul" chant, but at the 2008 GF it rang out and made the hairs stand.

Superdylan
23-04-2018, 06:11 PM
Bumpety bump

Hope to see a fair few foz members in bay 1 friday night.

Serd1
31-08-2018, 05:19 PM
So what’s more important to you.

a) the chants being done the ‘proper’ way.

Or

b) the chants being done the loudest and most inclusive way.

B all day, but I hate the mega phone.

I like the idea of ground speaker to help get everyone involved plus word up on the big screen would help the (plastic) supporters get involved more to..