PDA

View Full Version : Active Support Feedback Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

furns
08-10-2012, 01:26 AM
I thought that after the first home game of the season it would be a good idea for a thread discussing problems/improvements

So chuck any issues/feedback/etc in here including anything that we may need to raise with the club/stadium/etc to improve matchday experience (ie any issues with stadium staff and/or security procedures)

My impressions from Rd 1
People were actually involved and getting into it for the first half despite going down a goal inside 60 seconds
security were fine once they introduced themselves and worked out that they didnt need to overpolice, they will be strict on the standing on seats however - one warning and then you will be ejected is the message we have been given.
second half was rubbish from an active standpoint, winning or losing people need to keep up the effort for the entire game
Spontaneous Heskey chant was class, I think Timmys one was too complicated for some people
Once a chant starts keep it going for a few minutes, not a few seconds

We will be continuing to tell people pregame that bay 1 and 2 are active areas and to stand and sing, if you arent interested then move out of the bay. Next home game will have flags (small and large) throughout the bay to create a bit more colour and movement. If you dont like your view being blocked, again feel free to sit anywhere else.

Was it my imagination or were there still families who bought seats in bay 2?

furns
08-10-2012, 01:33 AM
could people up the back hear the drum and Tim?

pistolpete
08-10-2012, 01:44 AM
Was it my imagination or were there still families who bought seats in bay 2?

There were quite a few families up the back plus a few random old dudes just sitting there.

I think saying it is bay 1 and 2 might be pushing it as you can tell the people who don't want to get involved to move to bay 1. Bay 3 is normally more full and if security police it they can't sit there anyway as it is more expensive?

Also, i swear as much as most people but the language coming from some people is ridiculous. Just makes them sound stupid. Nothing you can do about it i guess but i just wanted to voice my concerns anyway. Clever chants fine. Vulgarity is not funny and really not required (unless it is against the coast, then go for it).

furns
08-10-2012, 02:15 AM
In chanting or in general Pete?

pistolpete
08-10-2012, 02:19 AM
A bit of both. It is mainly the idiots that yell back every time they are asked to chant etc. They find themselves so funny but i don't think anyone else agrees. Part of my issue is i have my family there and i am still part of active support. I have moved them away from bay 2 but the idiots sit right on the edge and they are exposed to language i would prefer they weren't. That part is my problem but there is one bloke in particular whose face i would love to smash in if i were that way inclined ;)

Superdylan
08-10-2012, 05:25 AM
Not bad in the first half, less cut outs then usual. I liked that chant you are heskeys bitch, but confused who is heskeys bitch?

I personally got abit tired and found myself struggling to keep up with the active support (had 2 hours sleep the night before so that obviously did not help) so I went and found an empty seat near halfway and sat down and watched the game in the second half.

And nice work on the pullover, need more of them this season. Their fun to stand under :)

evolution
08-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Not bad in the first half, less cut outs then usual. I liked that chant you are heskeys bitch, but confused who is heskeys bitch?

Well, the chant went up right after Heskey flattened Galekovic... so I don't know, maybe Ian Ramsey?

GazFish35
08-10-2012, 10:44 AM
that megaphone was too loud to be honest.
I was sitting in the back row of the bay, in pommyjohns seats and my hears were hurting.

I can only imagine it being deafening if any closer and i think that might put some people off, you spend the first few seconds of a chant trying to work out which one it is, and the mega was so loud you couldnt hear it, (i know that doesnt make sense) or waiting for your ears to recover.

GazFish35
08-10-2012, 10:45 AM
also-

"he wears 9 on his back"

not what was starting the chant yesterday

BodyNovo
08-10-2012, 10:48 AM
with fishes added addition it should go something like this;

he wears 9 on his on back
clap x 5 (guessing)
he is our marquee
clap x 5
he is better than messi
clap x 5
and his name is heskey

than some sha la la, etc.

MFKS
08-10-2012, 11:06 AM
I liked that chant you are heskeys bitch, but confused who is heskeys bitch?

FMD Were you at the game???:what:

q-money
08-10-2012, 11:11 AM
the words don't fit the rhythm of the chant

he wears 9 on his on back
clap x 5 (guessing)
he's our marquee
clap x 5
better than messi
clap x 5
he is heskey

GazFish35
08-10-2012, 11:20 AM
got nine on his back

???

toad
08-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Bay 3 is normally more full and if security police it they can't sit there anyway as it is more expensive?

bay 3 is the same price as bay2/bay1/ga. bay 4 onwards is more exxy.

can confirm the back third of bay 2 (aside from the "cool kids" :rof:) were not really involved and many were sitting down. i can only assume that these people were not told/warned about bay 2 being active support only.

someone from the club should come around and ask them next week if they'd prefer their season ticket moved to bay 3... still some unclaimed seats there.

furns
08-10-2012, 11:30 AM
I did announce before kickoff that both bay 1 and 2 were active and your view would be restricted by people standing, flags etc and that people could move to bay 3.

Is it worth doing another active bay leaflet drop to notify n00bs and cutouts?

MFKS
08-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Bring the flags back. That gave some the message last season. Anyone seen not participating in Bay 2 during the game should have someone plant a flag right in front of them. Flag only moves when they get with the program or GTFO

furns
08-10-2012, 12:00 PM
flags will be back from next game anyway.
We usually spend the first game concentrating on getting back into the swing of things with the songs and chants

MFKS
08-10-2012, 12:21 PM
What was the yellow and red striped flag for???

Sort of looked like a show of support for some obscure European Colony.

Couldn't work that one out

furns
08-10-2012, 12:25 PM
No idea, one of the bay 1 boys may be able to answer that

Superdylan
08-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Is it worth doing another active bay leaflet drop to notify n00bs and cutouts?

Yep good idea

FMD Were you at the game???:what:
Well I had a couple drinks before kickoff and forgot moments of the game.

MFKS
08-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Don't worry there are many moments of yesterday I think we are all trying to forget

militiamon
08-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Just to clarify dawgs, The Club has allocated the back of bay 2 as 'Community' seating and not Squadron/Active Supporters:

https://memberdesq.imgstg.com/assets/console/gallery/images/community-stadium.jpg

My guess is that either some families were automatically allocated seats here or bought tickets for the atmosphere (and the top part is in the shade unlike most of Bay 3). Personally I don't have a problem with it, been years since the active supporters actually filled out the bay, only might be an issue in finals or whatever.

selassie
08-10-2012, 08:35 PM
What was the yellow and red striped flag for???

Sort of looked like a show of support for some obscure European Colony.

Couldn't work that one out

george orwell's homage?

Blackmac79
08-10-2012, 08:51 PM
I don't know what I can say that is different from what those have already said. However I'll chuck my two cents in anyway.

I disagree with SD's comment regarding those not participating. Many many girlfriends coming out of bay 2 after the game. None of which looked the least bit interested in active support and more about how many men would share their bed post game.

First half was sensational. fantastic support.

Second half was for lack of a better description. Most of the bay 3 side of the actives must have just got new iPhones or something cause they were on them religiously. Didn't help that we were losing. I would also like to understand how other clubs cope with this phenomenon of stand-ins. Or perhaps they just have more people actually interested in active support.

How were the youth? towards the end of last year they all seemed more interested in singing about ManU than the Jets and behaving like they were at a concert down near the front in that area where people enjoy running into each other.

Also can't comment on the presence or lack of for the crapbags that were in bay 1 last season. those guys Spent the majority of the game bagging out whoever was the capo instead of joining in.

Looking forward to being in the mix for Sydney, and probably Gypos.

As for flags - blackmac wasn't around to wave that obnoxiously large F3MDR flag. Maybe next time.

q-money
08-10-2012, 09:25 PM
away >>>>> home

GazFish35
08-10-2012, 10:34 PM
anyone see bay51?
were the turton road alliance present?

Mitchy
08-10-2012, 11:29 PM
away >>>>> home

this

Superdylan
09-10-2012, 12:42 AM
anyone see bay51?
were the turton road alliance present?

Not sure who they are aye

Apparently on their facebook page it says they are in bay 2.

HaydenDX101
11-10-2012, 10:53 PM
The TIFO got a great atmosphere going early, but as soon as Vidosic put his away myself and my friend were the only two I could hear trying to keep it going. People tht I usually see making a hell of a lot of noise were silent for the majority of the game. Im not sure why it was tht quiet after 6 months without it I would've though people would be a bit more keen. In saying that there were a fair few ransoms that did nothing, alot of

HaydenDX101
11-10-2012, 10:55 PM
People were sitting down quiet, it's more of a social area for most young people which defeats the

HaydenDX101
11-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Purpose of the active area, the TIFO was great but I think the effort put in from most was weak at best. Well done to the people th organized the pull over in the final few minutes, credit to u guys

hawk
12-10-2012, 12:07 AM
Purpose of the active area, the TIFO was great but I think the effort put in from most was weak at best. Well done to the people th organized the pull over in the final few minutes, credit to u guys

cheers. We put that together on the back of a coaster just minutes before...tenz<3

GazFish35
12-10-2012, 08:06 AM
wd baz

adamm237
12-10-2012, 08:28 AM
I don't know what I can say that is different from what those have already said. However I'll chuck my two cents in anyway.

I disagree with SD's comment regarding those not participating. Many many girlfriends coming out of bay 2 after the game. None of which looked the least bit interested in active support and more about how many men would share their bed post game.

First half was sensational. fantastic support.

Second half was for lack of a better description. Most of the bay 3 side of the actives must have just got new iPhones or something cause they were on them religiously. Didn't help that we were losing. I would also like to understand how other clubs cope with this phenomenon of stand-ins. Or perhaps they just have more people actually interested in active support.

How were the youth? towards the end of last year they all seemed more interested in singing about ManU than the Jets and behaving like they were at a concert down near the front in that area where people enjoy running into each other.

Also can't comment on the presence or lack of for the crapbags that were in bay 1 last season. those guys Spent the majority of the game bagging out whoever was the capo instead of joining in.

Looking forward to being in the mix for Sydney, and probably Gypos.

As for flags - blackmac wasn't around to wave that obnoxiously large F3MDR flag. Maybe next time.

I have sat in the same seats for the last four years closest to bay 3 about 7 rows back in front of us is always quiet always has been. I have tried to change it but only seem to join in at times.

Rocknerd
12-10-2012, 11:17 AM
I think personally that singing and chanting died off in the second half due to the fact that it was hot as **** and there was nothing worth singing about. we played shit and stood in the hot sun for 2 hours to be disappointed.

How do you keep people singing when they're having to head to the bar every 15 minutes to line up for 15 minutes to get a piss weak beer or beverage to cool you off.
Definently be better come Round 3. Gypo's bring out the best in us all!

Mitchy
12-10-2012, 11:24 AM
personally i was to drunk and cbf

GazFish35
13-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Pre-match March: Embarrassing. Some stuff was funny. Some was disgusting racist uneducated bogan shit we should be ashamed of. I'll give the next one a miss. And if that's what the mob think is okay, then I'm out altogether.

In the away end: amazing, where the hell are all those vocal people at home games?

furns
13-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Pre-match March: Embarrassing. Some stuff was funny. Some was disgusting racist uneducated bogan shit we should be ashamed of. I'll give the next one a miss. And if that's what the mob think is okay, then I'm out altogether.

In the away end: amazing, where the hell are all those vocal people at home games?this

WolfMan
13-10-2012, 11:45 PM
In the away end: amazing, where the hell are all those vocal people at home games?

My season ticket is in Bay 6 - good view of the match but after the last few Away days in amongst you lads and lasses, I might have to change my allocation for next season, if not beforehand.

Damo Lovelock
13-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Thought you lads were ****ing immense for the whole 90 minutes. I don't think there was even a 10 second period where something wasn't being sung/chanted.

Well in.

Rocknerd
14-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Away was fantastic! although if we could get a spread of the "more" Active between the front middle and back we could get even more involvement happening, or at least it sounds good to me.

either way, it was fantastic and definently better than round 1, but winning will always do that.

RedMexican
14-10-2012, 10:58 AM
active suppport was a 10 yesterday.

Superdylan
14-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Great atmosphere everyone seemed involved. The who are we 'Newcastle' was bloody amazing.

Happy to see so many overhead claps :)

militiamon
14-10-2012, 12:45 PM

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Couldn't wait to get away from that.

Superdylan
14-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Any video of the march? I had a couple pre hand at fox n lion, some boring chanting going on there by some of the guys there.

pv4
14-10-2012, 12:56 PM
I brought along the niece & she won't stop talking about how much fun her first go in active support was.

the squadron - impressing chicks since 2012

furns
14-10-2012, 12:57 PM
As Fish has said some of the stuff on the march was an embarrassment, I hope there is no video footage and that sort of shit never happens again.

Superdylan
14-10-2012, 12:59 PM
As Fish has said some of the stuff on the march was an embarrassment, I hope there is no video footage and that sort of shit never happens again.

What happended? Also did strawberry hills hotel get larger numbers then last year?

furns
14-10-2012, 01:02 PM
The people that were in attendance knows what occurred, it doesnt need to be rehashed again.
And not really.

pv4
14-10-2012, 02:16 PM
i had to skip out on the majority of the march, but caught up for the grass field onwards. wonderwall with the busker was the highlight for me.

Hamma12
14-10-2012, 02:38 PM
wonderwall with the busker was the highlight for me.

Moor details... baled with Fish cakes and Josh. Longest walk ever ffs..
Never again plz Fish

GazFish35
14-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Moor details... baled with Fish cakes and Josh. Longest walk ever ffs..
Never again plz Fish

No-one forced you.
There was zero chance I was staying.

Vandenberg13
14-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Wonderwall with the busker was pretty incredible,
the amount of times foxsports showed "the cove" on tv yesterday looked like a bit of a suckup just for del piero, but i was immensely proud of the active support yesterday

the "we're here for newcastle" banners, wasnt really showed on tv, but ive found a few snaps online!
a great day, singing for 90 minutes with passionate supporters is something i love, and cant wait for more performances like that with the team and the active support

parksey
14-10-2012, 05:28 PM

What was it in particular that you took offence to? Not that I'm disagreeing with you.

Blackmac79
14-10-2012, 05:36 PM
The racist stuff was pretty rubbish. Plenty of stuff mentioning particular religious groups that was out of order.

Heskey stuff was pretty funny though. Heskey's Bitch better than anything else.

furns
14-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Suffice to say some people in attendance cant handle their alcohol and step over the line.

Its not going to be tolerated in future. You want to chant that sort of stuff and think its ok, then start your own group and stand somewhere else.

Mitchy
14-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Honestly don't care about the racism, we are football fans when are we ever liked?

parksey
14-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Maybe I wasn't paying much attention but I didn't hear much racist stuff, apart from that one older guy who kept adding "and he's black" to the end of the Heskey's cock song.

I did keep walking when everyone stopped for the busker though so I might have missed it.

GazFish35
14-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Honestly don't care about the racism, we are football fans when are we ever liked?

It's not about being liked Mitchy, it's about not walking the streets singing race based rubbish.

GazFish35
14-10-2012, 06:35 PM
What was it in particular that you took offence to? Not that I'm disagreeing with you.

The "I wanna go home" chants.

I wish I had the kahuna's to say something at the time, but a drunken mob rarely listen to reason, so I kept my mouth shut and departed when I could.

As I said, if the group thinks its okay to carry on like that, then I'll voice my protest and declare my exit.
It's not anything I wish to ever be associated with.

boz-monaut
14-10-2012, 06:39 PM
yeah, no excuses for racism ever

and remember with all this stupidity, there are people in the press that will turn two idiots shouting into a ethnic soccer riot

toad
14-10-2012, 06:59 PM
<3 fish

gtfo mitchy if you were being serious

Mitchy
14-10-2012, 07:30 PM
one chant that we sung once or twice from memory.

id happily listen to your protest before you exit :)

militiamon
14-10-2012, 07:49 PM
I was willing to put up with it the first couple of times, but then it went lower and lower.

There were more than a few of us like Fish who got sick of it and walked away.

parksey
14-10-2012, 09:19 PM
yeah I don't even know what that one was so I dare say I wasn't there.

GazFish35
14-10-2012, 09:21 PM
one chant that we sung once or twice from memory.

id happily listen to your protest before you exit :)

I've said my bit.

See ya.

pv4
14-10-2012, 09:30 PM
yeah I don't even know what that one was so I dare say I wasn't there.

me too. worst I can think of I heard was the heskys cock one - and I can't see this big issue being over that.

but my opinion: the united boys, come on Newcastle, clap (x9) jets, maybe even ntua, etc - that's what the march should be all about. singing loud & proud who we are, so people in their houses on the streets we're walking through hear us.

timmy_v
14-10-2012, 09:32 PM
It was sung twice, then they were told to pull there heads in.

Get over it. It was the last it was sung and why let it spoil anything. A small pocket of fans, I'm sure there is a saying for it?

boz-monaut
14-10-2012, 10:00 PM
it's not about the ones in the stadium

and it's not acceptable, not ever

GazFish35
14-10-2012, 11:08 PM
I've tried to keep this off the main forum, and been careful not to post too much detail where the world can see, but could not let my protest/concerns about the shit that was chanted on Saturday be left unsaid.

I feel Ive said enough publicly for those who were there to know what Im talking about, and have not said enough for those who werent to jump in on the issue.

the responses posted to my concerns have strengthened the views I hold on some guys I stand with at games, and other responses have left me feeling quite disallusioned. If you dont care what Ive got to say, just stop reading now and save me the "tl;dr", or the "who the hell do you think you are" responses.

**** ME.

I truly wish I'd turned around so I could point people out and not take a swipe at the whole group, but Im not a confrontasional person. Sometimes I wish I was.

Can I get a few things clear....
This isnt about individuals, i dont know who they were, as i was infront of them.
It isn't about how the group is seen or liked publicly.
This isnt about me being offended on someone elses behalf. I wasnt offended.
I was embarrassed. I was embarrassed to be walking in a group that thought it was funny or acceptable to sing stupid shit about some ethnic groups, and at one stage being told to "save some stuff for west sydney game" I was emabrrassed that this was what was being put out by a group I've associated myself with for more than 5 years.
But this isnt even about my emabrrassment.

This is about something so vulgar and disgusting, something tha football around the world has fought long and hard to erradicate from the game. Something that has long held the game that I love back in this country, and I cant ignore it. I cant "get over it"

I really do hope some responses in here have been made in jest, but Im sorry, I just cant be part of the gag.

I also want to make it clear that this is in no way a dig at the way it was dealt with on the day by anyone, i said nothing myself so it would be hypocrtitical of me to do so, but if racist chanting not going to be roundly denounced by everyone amongst us with any credibilty in the group, then I'm out. It just doesnt sit right with me. ever.

This isnt me throwing the toys out of the pram, or thinking I'm bigger than the group, or trying to take the moral high ground and play maude flanders. Its simply me calling a spade a ****ing spade and saying if thats what the group want to do, and we arent going to speak out against it at any stage, then I'm finding another group and i'll leave them all to it.

I'll still be at games when I can, but wont be rearraging family life to do so, I'll still be cheering the for team but perhaps with not as much gusto, pride or passion - how can you be proud a town I'm now partly emabrrassed by? And I'll definately be much more careful who I go to games with.

There is no place for racist chants, not as a joke, not once or twice, not ever. Not by one fan, not by a group.
if that message is not made loud and clear but instead replaced with comments that even hint that it wasnt that bad, or we should write it off as a small minority so therefore it's not an issue then I'm pushing shit up hill with a rake even discussing it and only makes it easier to move on from what I have been doing.

MFKS
14-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Mr Fish now as I wasn't there to view what has obviously upset you ( I was actually pissing up having a ball of a time elsewhere in downtown Sydney) and the details of this are still being kept a little secretive and I don't quite understand all that has transpired .

Obviously your quite upset on the matters that have caused you to feel this way but the actions/behaviour of others you are not responsible for and you should not be feeling embarrassed by others. In my opinion you have done the right thing here by walking away as you were offended by what was going on and have stood up for what you as a MAN believe in. You are right reasoning with a drunken mob won't get you far. Don't ever feel embarrassed about Newy

Despite what has upset you I implore you to reconsider your stance on this bit of your post

I'll still be at games when I can, but wont be rearraging family life to do so, I'll still be cheering the for team but perhaps with not as much gusto, pride or passion - how can you be proud a town I'm now partly emabrrassed by?

Every club on the planet has there fair share of idiots. We as a club are not alone and unfortunately our away days in NSW can bring out the said idiots in all their glory. Your passion energy and enthusiasm for the club is needed and it would be a disgrace to see you distance yourself from the club due to the behaviour/actions of a handful of drunken idiots. I am not asking you to take up the fight to these idiots because it isn't your job. It is actually all supporters job to not allow this type of shit to continue/occur. When on tour we all know what is right/wrong and as a group should be supporting anyone who has the balls to step up to tell the idiots out there to pull their heads in.

Mr Fish just don't back off something that is obviously a passion of yours on the actions of a minority.

MFKS
14-10-2012, 11:58 PM
On another note can you ****s stop singing songs about Heskey's dick or anyones dick for that matter.

Bunch of young blokes singing songs of envy about another mans cock may give others the impression we are homosexually inclined up here in Newy.

We don't need that sort of reputation up here.

Rant Over

hawk
15-10-2012, 12:18 AM
On another note can you ****s stop singing songs about Heskey's dick or anyones dick for that matter.
Bunch of young blokes singing songs of envy about another mans cock may give others the impression we are homosexually inclined up here in Newy.
We don't need that sort of reputation up here.
Rant Over

I dont think sexual orientation should be the issue. Still based on colour innit.

parksey
15-10-2012, 12:27 AM
i thought we were all gay

guess i'm picking up the wrong signs

hawk
15-10-2012, 12:33 AM
I find the whole show quite hypocritical where hating on teams, regions, players is acceptable but certain other groups are exempt.

The best option for us would be to promote Newy 1st and tackle the opposing idiots (minority) when confronted which is seldom.

seldom
15-10-2012, 02:32 AM
The best option for us would be to promote Newy 1st and tackle the opposing idiots (minority) when confronted which is seldom.

I'm innocent

timmy_v
15-10-2012, 05:24 AM
Self policing within the group is our only way to stop things and this was done on the weekend like always.

I don't stand for what was said because most shit comes back onto my shoulders away and it was just wrong in the first place. Sadly they aren't on this forum nor will ever read it.

So the only way for the message to get out is too self police it in the first place to prevent it from going any further. The people will be spoken to before the next game like they were during the march.

Mitchy
15-10-2012, 12:27 PM
get over it

it happened saturday

furns
15-10-2012, 12:39 PM
The issue is that saturday doesnt happen again Mitchy

Buddha
15-10-2012, 12:42 PM
you cant just get over racism mitchy, its a life scarring thing, i know this first hand, and by the sounds of things im glad i wasnt present for the march

MFKS
15-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Mitchy I am sure Fish will "get over it" in time.

At present he is obviously highly unimpressed and offended and comments like yours don't help with what actually is a serious matter and shouldn't be brushed under the carpet or ignored.

Fish from what it seems may be the most vocal expressing his unhappiness at the situation but others have also expressed similar sentiments that what went on was unacceptable

Mitchy
15-10-2012, 12:46 PM
trololololololol :violin:

sammydog
15-10-2012, 03:47 PM
This thread and some of the comments just confirms my thoughts that newcastle is becoming more racist/redneck/bogan by the day. Since when has a racist chant been a sign of supporting you team/club.

I wasn't there, but how anyone could condone any form of racist chant (even if it was sung once) astounds me. I certainly don't envy Timmy_v in having to attempt to stamp it out or deal with the consequences.

Superdylan
21-10-2012, 02:31 PM
What is the go with the Newcastle Jets pullover tifo that comes out every game or so?

Kinda looks abit silly if only some people are holding it aswell. If it gets used I'd like it to done in bay 2 rather then bay 1.

furns
21-10-2012, 02:35 PM
we have nothing to do with it, and therefore cant control it.

It will never be used in bay 2

Superdylan
21-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Ahk didn't realize it wasn't a squadron as such tifo.

furns
21-10-2012, 03:00 PM
good efforts by 95% of people last night, still a cutout section right in the middle of the bay but with the TRC down the front and senior lads up the back, more and more people getting into it.
Only major issue is the continuing bellendry of those blokes in the middle of bay 1, chucking beers at my head when we scored and hitting 12 year olds in front of me instead, picking fights with parko and starting shit chants over the top of bay 2.

Wait till we bring back the big flags :sparring:

RedMexican
21-10-2012, 03:16 PM
good efforts by 95% of people last night, still a cutout section right in the middle of the bay but with the TRC down the front and senior lads up the back, more and more people getting into it.
Only major issue is the continuing bellendry of those blokes in the middle of bay 1, chucking beers at my head when we scored and hitting 12 year olds in front of me instead, picking fights with parko and starting shit chants over the top of bay 2.

Do we know if these blokes are the 'TRA' or just a bunch of ****ing twats ?.

furns
21-10-2012, 03:27 PM
TRA are like five blokes who dont sit anywhere near the active bays.
Although they do apparently like to come down at halftime and try to pick fights with Timmyv even though he is surrounded with backup. Definition of stupidity.

humorously they deleted their facebook page as well

militiamon
21-10-2012, 03:30 PM

+1

And please no one defend these idiots.

They the biggest embarrassment, lucky to find a single brain cell among them. I don't care who's mates with them.

Bring back the big flags fo sho.

Blackmac79
21-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Blackmac with a F3MDR flag in. Bay 1 Dicks out.

q-money
21-10-2012, 05:52 PM
would be good if these blokes actually went the knuckle on opposition fans from time to time

militiamon
21-10-2012, 05:58 PM
Will not lift a finger at 3 Coast fans giving it to everyone 5 m away, but God help the person who blocks their view with a flag for half a second.

au revoir
21-10-2012, 06:12 PM
geeez

pv4
21-10-2012, 08:22 PM
just to confirm - the dude with the tats on his face who got into the fight is apart of the "TRA"?

furns
21-10-2012, 08:55 PM
according to what I have been told - yes

furns
21-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Will not lift a finger at 3 Coast fans giving it to everyone 5 m away, but God help the person who blocks their view with a flag for half a second.
yep pretty much sums it up.

Stopped drumming and walked past them to give the gypos at the top of the bay a gobful, none of them did ****all
Will be giving them a serve if they start shit at us next game. The flags will be out in force.

Rocknerd
22-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Huge fan of beer showers but people, please don't through your Sugary bourbon and coke/rum and coke/ horse piss and coke in the air when we score! save them for pelting Gypo invaders. i don't want to be sticky from your stupidity!

furns
22-10-2012, 10:24 AM
lol @ gypos on sfcu telling me about the lack of numbers in bay 2 on saturday

:lulz:

q-money
22-10-2012, 10:32 AM
no doubt peppered with moral indignation about it being a hostile place to visit...cry me a river, these blokes wanted it from the start, dish it when it suits them, but when they get it back they have a sad about it

furns
22-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Thats their nailed on excuse now for getting no fans to travel away - too many people turned off by Newy fans giving it to them for the entire game. From reading their sfcu posts in the derby thread, even a seccos and cops got in on the anti-coastie action.

Even though its the same security company that handles their ground :lol:

I politely told them that while we receive the same treatment in Gosford, and it never stops us filling the away end

parksey
22-10-2012, 12:15 PM
dey outsung da squadronz tho

Grimario
22-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Yeah, those guys from CCM were heaps louder up in bay 51. Squadron should be ashamed being drowned out by the 15 people that showed up in the mariners away bay.

HaydenDX101
22-10-2012, 12:39 PM
I think we did well, first ten in particular Tim had everyone going early. DId anyone else see the punchup between coast and newcastle supporters down in the away bay??

pv4
27-10-2012, 10:58 AM
i haven't joined the home bay for a long time but did so for the second half last night..

away days >>>>>>>> home imo.

half of bay2 doesn't even want to sing, unless it's "racist, racist" when heskey is offside/fouls someone, or "who are ya" to one of the best imports the league has seen in flores.

bay1 vs bay2 worked pretty good, but otherwise i was upset at how many people either don't want to sing when in bay2 or do so at a very low volume. the numbers are there to have the potential to make such massive noise.

i know this is all a bit rich coming from a bloke you usually only joins active support for away days, but just my first-hand opinion on how i saw it last night. was last night (particularly 2nd half) good or bad in comparison to a normal home game nowadays?

furns
27-10-2012, 11:09 AM
It was better when we were winning

Bay 1 and 2 was great in final 15 minutes, bay 2 was decent in first 10, then the usual cutouts started talking to their girlfriends instead of chanting ffs

q-money
27-10-2012, 11:30 AM
detective pv4 cracks the case

au revoir
27-10-2012, 01:08 PM
i hate everyone. especially macca.

Buddha
27-10-2012, 04:12 PM
It was better when we were winning

Bay 1 and 2 was great in final 15 minutes, bay 2 was decent in first 10, then the usual cutouts started talking to their girlfriends instead of chanting ffs
were they hot? age barrier? would bang?

david silva
28-10-2012, 10:40 PM
bay 1 > bay 2

selassie
29-10-2012, 11:18 AM
were they hot? age barrier? would bang?

need pics imo

Mitchy
29-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Facebook friends :yay:

MFKS
31-10-2012, 12:33 PM
After watching that show on Foxtel the other day Being Liverpool noticed some scouser standing in the Kop waving a massive flag with the image of Gerrard clearly on display. Haven't been able to find a picture of it but found something similar with flags of other Scouse icons
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/gallery_images/photos/000/273/265/GYI0059341877_crop_450x500.jpg?1264272876

Any chance we can start up a similar thing with our first flag being a kick arse huge flag with the image of Lord Griffo being waved about Stade de Newy???

GazFish35
31-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Go for it MFKS

furns
31-10-2012, 11:06 PM
we do have a number of 3mx3m flags however we havent deployed this seasons for various reasons.

We do have a 4mx4m flag however it was way too heavy to be waved effectively.
If you are wanting to make your own, go ahead but it needs to be the lightest material possible.

MFKS
01-11-2012, 01:36 AM
we do have a number of 3mx3m flags however we havent deployed this seasons for various reasons.

We do have a 4mx4m flag however it was way too heavy to be waved effectively.
If you are wanting to make your own, go ahead but it needs to be the lightest material possible.

What type of material do you suggest?? What types of material would you avoid??

Is there anywhere you could find the regulations as to what you can/can't take into a HAL game. Be gutted if went to all that hassle and the flag wasn't allowed in for some reason

furns
01-11-2012, 09:49 AM
generally, the public is allowed to take in anything up to a maximum size of 1.2m

anything larger than that would need to be approved by the club, so they can tell the security its ok. They may not approve it if you intend to use it outside of the active support areas.

As for materials, satin is too heavy. It would need to be either a very light cotton, or that "parachute" type material.

Superdylan
11-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Well in to the active support yesterday, I really hope people have taken some videos.

Lionel Hutz
18-11-2012, 10:43 PM
I was at the phoenix game this afternoon and after heskey fouled a nz player in the 2nd half the squadran started to chant "rascist" at the referee. I found this to be extremely poor form and I was not the only one who thought this was in poor taste. Something to think about in future guys. Its not a good look. Im not trying to start an epic debate, just offering feedback.

militiamon
18-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Agree that it is a stupid chant, but the people involved in singing it won't be reading this forum.

Bremsstrahlung
18-11-2012, 11:02 PM
I'd have to agree. There was the odd chuckle around me, but all in all it was kind of a awkward silence. I don't really like it. It's more something you'd say once to a mate, and leave it. It's a bit embarrassing when it is chanted on National TV. I don't think Heskey would really appreciate it tbh. For me, it's kind of racist in itself.

I know it was intended as a joke, probably funny at the time for a laugh, but I agree with Mr Hutz, It was taken badly by 80% of people around me. Something to think about.

sammydog
18-11-2012, 11:34 PM
I'd have to agree. There was the odd chuckle around me, but all in all it was kind of a awkward silence. I don't really like it. It's more something you'd say once to a mate, and leave it. It's a bit embarrassing when it is chanted on National TV. I don't think Heskey would really appreciate it tbh. For me, it's kind of racist in itself.

I know it was intended as a joke, probably funny at the time for a laugh, but I agree with Mr Hutz, It was taken badly by 80% of people around me. Something to think about.

You nailed it there, I can't see it as being anything but racist in itself. Everyone around us was cringing when it was chanted. Same thing last home game when it came out.

Its certainly not going to entice more people to get involved in the active support when that is the loudest chant of the day.

militiamon
19-11-2012, 12:00 AM
The problem is that our mongs to normals ratio, which is usually quite high anyway, was off the scales for this match (due to the lack of normals showing up).

It gives me shivers just thinking about what those people might get up to outside of football.

Superdylan
19-11-2012, 08:36 AM
On a positive good to see singing happening after being 3 goals down. I can't remember that mentality at the Adelaide game in round one.

What's everyone's thoughts on singing the Dale cavese chant? I like it however half the teams across the a-league sing it.

BodyNovo
19-11-2012, 08:59 AM
The problem is that our mongs to normals ratio, which is usually quite high anyway, was off the scales for this match (due to the lack of normals showing up).

It gives me shivers just thinking about what those people might get up to outside of football.

the bloke that ended up running on the field was actually standing behind you boys, and about a minute before he ran onto the field i said to someone in front of me a bloke up the back here is about to do something really stupid (didn't know he would run on the field) he was yelling stuff out throwing his scalf around and banging chairs. typical newy supporter.

good to see dave warner in the bay yesterday, is a good laugh....

also furns just to make you feel all cuddly inside, we missed you...i guess.

pv4
19-11-2012, 09:03 AM

actually had people around me ask "is the usual drummer away today or something?" just from listening.

militiamon
19-11-2012, 08:10 PM
the bloke that ended up running on the field was actually standing behind you boys, and about a minute before he ran onto the field i said to someone in front of me a bloke up the back here is about to do something really stupid (didn't know he would run on the field) he was yelling stuff out throwing his scalf around and banging chairs. typical newy supporter.

lol, he was standing in front of us with his two mates the whole match. The other two weren't actually that bad, seemed like ok guys just out having a good time, old mate was ****ed though lol.

Good work firing erryone up at the end btw.

furns
22-11-2012, 10:13 AM

good to see dave warner in the bay yesterday, is a good laugh....

cheers, however do not worry normal service will resume for next home game and beyond

have been told by a bunch of people that next time I wish to take holidays they must be during offseason :lol:

q-money
22-11-2012, 10:17 AM
sd using the word mentality, clearly been hanging out on the facebooks and your UTs

Beeen
22-11-2012, 10:43 AM
On a positive good to see singing happening after being 3 goals down. I can't remember that mentality at the Adelaide game in round one.

What's everyone's thoughts on singing the Dale cavese chant? I like it however half the teams across the a-league sing it.

Never heard of him. What club does he play for now? Bigger hoar than NTS!

Vandenberg13
22-11-2012, 11:35 AM
actually had people around me ask "is the usual drummer away today or something?" just from listening.

yeah... my bad

militiamon
23-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Did anyone see that letter in the Herald yesterday about Rossy Greg's confederate flag?

Glad someone took offence to it, too bad they tarred us with the same brush.

q-money
23-11-2012, 01:04 PM
picture/scan plz

q-money
23-11-2012, 01:16 PM
ah, found it

I believe it takes a special kind of ignorance and insensitivity for some of the Jets Squadron members to display the Confederate flag at home games. The flag has been regarded as a symbol of racism in the American South.

some bloke
Adamstown Heights

militiamon
23-11-2012, 01:42 PM
The eternal struggle of Bay 2 anti-racists against the fascistas continues.

q-money
23-11-2012, 01:43 PM
i don't reckon this bloke really understands the true level of ignorance in bay 2

parksey
23-11-2012, 06:40 PM
****ing whites

Blackmac79
23-11-2012, 07:01 PM
The issue was discussed in the herald opinions a few weeks ago, apparently its cause it is red and blue.

also noted was the St Andrews Cross, and Catalan Flag, prompting the comment that the Squadron is pushing for Newcastle to succeed from the rest of the state.

Republica Novocastria

MFKS
24-11-2012, 07:44 PM
The issue was discussed in the herald opinions a few weeks ago, apparently its cause it is red and blue.

also noted was the St Andrews Cross, and Catalan Flag, prompting the comment that the Squadron is pushing for Newcastle to succeed from the rest of the state.

Republica Novocastria

Would that be such a bad idea. We could make Lord Griffo PM and Tinks as President. Declare war on the Gypo Coast.

Why would anyone be against this???:whistling:

Superdylan
27-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Fantastic active support on Saturday for heart away.

However I will bring this up, the lady letting people in the away section was a fookin joke pretty much told people to sit in exact seats & seemed to have no clue how an away supporters area worked in the a-league.

A group who didn't even buy tickets in the bay yet had Jets jerseys on had to go and but tickets again just to stand in the away bay.

In the end everyone just went to the back.

q-money
27-11-2012, 10:30 AM
sif listen

Beeen
27-11-2012, 02:15 PM
We did buy tickets in the away bay. Ticket bird gave us GA instead. Its the same price anyway for both GA and away steward bloke was a complete bellend.

Oh yeah so much for all stadiums in the league selling mid-strength...pish!

BodyNovo
27-11-2012, 02:42 PM
full strength bulmers at aami park :blush:

WolfMan
27-11-2012, 07:12 PM
full strength bulmers at aami park :blush:

This is excellent news for Festivus Away 2012!

q-money
03-12-2012, 01:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT7W8xJFl_g

do with it what you will

shit is triumphant

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

duh duh duh

does nae take a scient....................ist

Superdylan
03-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Not a bad effort on Saturday however I think most of us lost our voices by game time from all the singing at the Caxton pre game.

Grimario
09-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Don't suppose anyone that posts on here might own up to nicking an old Marinators scarf from a car bonnet last night? Figure it was probably some of our dero dreg fans, not the fine upstanding members of this foz.

au revoir
09-12-2012, 07:27 PM
marinators... roffff

furns
09-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Why would you put a fecking scarf on a fecking car bonnet?

furns
09-12-2012, 10:42 PM
oh and I know that the bellends that started it wont read this, but if it happens again hopefully more people will discourage it -

STOP STARTING ****ING D.I.S.C.O. CHANTS ESPECIALLY IN THE FIRST HALF (unless by some miracle we are up by 3 goals or its after 80 minutes)

Grimario
09-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Why would you put a fecking scarf on a fecking car bonnet?
No idea... Apparently he put it down to put his wheelchair bound grandmother in the car.

Superdylan
10-12-2012, 12:10 AM
oh and I know that the bellends that started it wont read this, but if it happens again hopefully more people will discourage it -

STOP STARTING ****ING D.I.S.C.O. CHANTS ESPECIALLY IN THE FIRST HALF (unless by some miracle we are up by 3 goals or its after 80 minutes)

This

On a lighter note what has happended to let's all jump for Newcastle ole ole ole ole?

MFKS
10-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Should be singing songs for Lord Griffo.

Plenty of times this year we have been playing shite and **** all has been done getting the Sign Joel Griffiths message across.

We were that dire on Saturday night it would have beaten the hell out of anything else happening on the park to let fly with renditions of classics like Joel Griffiths walks on water etc

Rocknerd
11-12-2012, 06:57 AM
No idea... Apparently he put it down to put his wheelchair bound grandmother in the car.

Gypo's wil do anything to get a parking spot closer to the gate.

furns
17-12-2012, 06:29 PM
I will be unavailable for the game against Sydney on saturday due to a wedding, people will need to step up to drum please

pistolpete
17-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Get jacko back on the drums

Buddha
17-12-2012, 07:48 PM
can you pre record yourself drumming and we just get a massive boombox to play the sounds? I think its a much better idea furns

MFKS
17-12-2012, 08:31 PM
I will be unavailable for the game against Sydney on saturday due to a wedding, people will need to step up to drum please

You know we must be playing bad when people come up with excuses like this to miss games and no one questions why they are gonna be absent :wink:

Need to come up with some good excuses myself:tongue:

furns
17-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Mate I could count on one hand the number of NSW games I have missed since season 2, can you say the same? Dont bother calling them excuses, I would be there if I could. If I wanted to use excuses to get out of watching the Jets play when we were shit I would have used them and disappeared a third of the way through season 4, like the other 80% did from season 3.

MFKS
17-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Mate I could count on one hand the number of NSW games I have missed since season 2, can you say the same? Dont bother calling them excuses, I would be there if I could. If I wanted to use excuses to get out of watching the Jets play when we were shit I would have used them and disappeared a third of the way through season 4, like the other 80% did from season 3.

Missed the attempt at sarcasm !!! :lol:

Superdylan
17-12-2012, 08:54 PM

This... missing my 7th home game since the start of season one, got a family engagement party too attend which I'll miss the first 3 hours of if I were too attend Saturday's game. Luckily we play Sydney fc again at home this season.

On the positive I wanna see more videos taken at games of our bay singing.

MFKS
17-12-2012, 09:05 PM
This... missing my 7th home game since the start of season one, got a family engagement party too attend which I'll miss the first 3 hours of if I were too attend Saturday's game. Luckily we play Sydney fc again at home this season.

Only problem SD is that we stop singing 35 mins in when the delusions of a performance to warrant our support are abjectly crushed by the shit on the park from our heroes.

5 home games so far this season and we have been POOR in all 5. We may have had 2 wins but even then you couldn't say our performance was encouraging or inspiring

Superdylan
17-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Dw there's enough dedicated guys I know in the front rows of the squadron willing to keep up all game aswell as some of the regulars towards the back.

shouldn't matter if we are down by 3-0, sing the 90 or move.

parksey
17-12-2012, 10:50 PM
me and body did a pretty good job of playing the drums in tandem at half time last week

don't think i'll be drunk enough to do the same this week, though. finish work at 4.

MFKS
17-12-2012, 11:08 PM
me and body did a pretty good job of playing the drums in tandem at half time last week

don't think i'll be drunk enough to do the same this week, though. finish work at 4.

Drink at work. :pissup:

Just tell your boss it's called Pre Loading and is all the latest rage :whistling::rof:

BodyNovo
18-12-2012, 08:21 AM

Will take it upon myself to drink double to make up for your absence.

In all seriousness someone who actually has drummed before needs to do it

boz-monaut
18-12-2012, 08:24 AM
why don't we attempt to go drum free for once?

pistolpete
18-12-2012, 10:00 AM
someone who actually has drummed before needs to do it

I seriously think we should ask jacko. He is always down the front anyway and from my memory he used to do a good job

q-money
18-12-2012, 10:00 AM
can't hurt but try drum free, works at away games

militiamon
18-12-2012, 06:14 PM
will u even b ther tho?

timmy_v
18-12-2012, 08:34 PM

No video, more focusing on getting 'em home.

q-money
18-12-2012, 11:04 PM
will u even b ther tho?

wat thyme is the game on bro

parksey
18-12-2012, 11:20 PM
hey let's pretend that the game is on at 7.30 so q get's there late haha

parksey
18-12-2012, 11:22 PM
d'oh

q-money
18-12-2012, 11:27 PM
parksey u rascal

parksey
18-12-2012, 11:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/N7TMr.gif

Blackmac79
19-12-2012, 04:43 AM
Will be on the drum.... Until I **** up at least 3 (III) times.

david silva
22-12-2012, 10:38 PM
You guys need a change, a big one.
Why do you only sing about two chants every game which are totally repetitive. "ehh Newcastle, sha la la la la".

BE MORE CREATIVE, PLEASE!

seldom
22-12-2012, 10:46 PM
uh oh

plague
22-12-2012, 11:03 PM
Legit question:
Do Fox put different mic levels on the crowd at different stadia?
WSW last night (9k) sounded so much louder than our 17k today and I don't think it was lack of effort on anyone's part.
Even 20k odd at AAMI for the Melb derby sounded relatively quiet.

seldom
22-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Legit question:
WSW last night (9k) sounded so much louder than our 17k today and I don't think it was lack of effort on anyone's part.

Don't know bout the mics but my cousin who was at parra stadium and who has been to Newy when we had 15500 earlier in the year said crowds were like chalk and cheese. Said at newy you have a small section(squadron) who are vocal whereas WSW have 9000 with most avid vocal supporters.He's actually a thugby supporter but said he and his family are gunna return just for the atmosphere

MFKS
22-12-2012, 11:19 PM
When went down for Jets V WSW game at Parra Stadium RBB were most impressive. Sung 10-15 mins before kick off/ 10 mins after FT and went all game.

Obviously now they are winning and good times are flowing but their active support is easily 3 bays plus they are getting other areas of the ground going with their "Who sings the loudest" chants.

Watching them last week and this weekend I look on enviously at what they are doing.

It's a shame we don't have going what they do

WolfMan
23-12-2012, 12:15 AM
Good job Blacmac on the skins today. Came across loud and clear. Few good crowd shots of you on Fox also haha

militiamon
23-12-2012, 12:51 AM
Legit question:

Answer to this is yes.

Sometimes the mics will be decent for our games, other times it's like they are only in the Western grandstand. It varies across the other grounds. The easiest way to tell whether a crowd is actually loud is whether you can pick out individuals/small groups starting chants. I've noticed that this is often the case for the Shed and a few other places.

As for Western Sydney, no question that they are bigger than the Squadron. Like MFKS said, they will 3/4 fill 3 bays in their home end quite easily, whereas we would be lucky to 1/2 fill one bay.
I wouldn't say they are anything particularly unique though. Based on the trip down to Paramatta earlier in the season they were loud, but I have heard The Cove louder in the past, and no doubt the boys who have made the trip down to Melbourne can attest to the atmosphere there. The more surprising thing is that such a large proportion of the crowd are involved in active support compared to all the other groups.

pv4
23-12-2012, 03:09 AM
let's sing the "we love you" fc st Pauli chant for 90 mins.

epic

pistolpete
23-12-2012, 09:03 AM
I sat with my daughter across from bay 2 yesterday and normally it projects really well across there. Yesterday you could barely hear anything from Bay 2 for the majority of the game. The fat computer geeks down the other end were much louder and we could hear them clearly. Drumming was good, sack Furns if you like ;)

sammydog
23-12-2012, 10:43 AM
It was quieter Bay 2 than usual from Bay 55 as well, but given the way the ball was hanging in the air when sydney was taking goal kicks in the second half, I think the wind was stronger on the pitch than the stands. I suspect a lot of Bay 2's noise went straight out the southern end of the ground. The sydney Bay would have been assisted by the wind.

Blackmac79
23-12-2012, 11:41 AM
They do do different mic levels, however yesterday we were shit. Too many teenage girls. I'm looking at you vandenberg!

I could barely hear anyone sing anything more than twice though yesterday.

*FREE
23-12-2012, 11:56 AM
drumming must be harder than it looks. good effort but need fjurns back.

Beeen
23-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Bay 2 was quite loud from the southern hill. Could not hear Sydney sing at all down our end.

BodyNovo
23-12-2012, 12:28 PM
I actually think the last 20 minutes was our best yesterday since 2nd half v victory

All the love for Tifosi and can't get enough.

furns
23-12-2012, 12:31 PM
drumming must be harder than it looks. good effort but need fjurns back.I wasnt great when I first started back in season 2, Blackmac did much better considering it was his first time. At least when something comes up again we know there are other options.

furns
23-12-2012, 12:32 PM
need to get that Torcida chant happening between bay 2 and bay 1 ffs

Gladys
23-12-2012, 03:28 PM
I actually think the last 20 minutes was our best yesterday since 2nd half v victory

All the love for Tifosi and can't get enough.

All the love for Dale Cavese.

Buddha
24-12-2012, 02:36 AM
You guys need a change, a big one.
Why do you only sing about two chants every game which are totally repetitive. "ehh Newcastle, sha la la la la".

BE MORE CREATIVE, PLEASE!
get off your keyboard and start suggesting/creating your own then

furns
03-01-2013, 09:36 PM
I am suggesting a tweak to our call and response chant.
Timmy will usually start a "Who are we?" and the bay will answer "We are Newcastle". Then (after an indeterminate number of calls and responses) it will then lead into "We're Newcastle, ole ole, ole ole ole ole"

I am thinking maybe we can get a better reaction to it if the call is sung by bay 2, then bay 1 responds, it gets repeated a total of 4 times, then we all sing "We're Newcastle, ole ole, ole ole ole ole" four times, then start it again. Once the rest of the stadium hears it a few times (not continuously though), the call can then be be bay 1 and 2 together, then we can point to the Southern Hill or Western Stand for the response, and hopefully it can spread through the stadium.

We have been able to engage a lot of the stadium with the Jets and Come on, Newcastle chants, maybe this could get more people involved as well.

Thoughts?

sammydog
03-01-2013, 09:51 PM
I don't sit in bay 1 or 2 (I'm in the western stand), but depending on the wind you don't here Tim on the megaphone. So if it were the whole bay doing the call there will be more chance of a response from elsewhere.

Next problem is getting the other areas to know the response.

I have noticed lately that the western stand around us, particularly late in matches, is getting more involved in some of the clapping chants coming out of Bay 2.

GazFish35
03-01-2013, 10:17 PM
Timmy will usually start a "Who are we?" and the bay will answer "We are Newcastle". Then (after an indeterminate number of calls and responses) it will then lead into "We're Newcastle, ole ole, ole ole ole ole"

I am thinking maybe we can get a better reaction to it if the call is sung by bay 2, then bay 1 responds, it gets repeated a total of 4 times, then we all sing "We're Newcastle, ole ole, ole ole ole ole" four times, then start it again. Once the rest of the stadium hears it a few times (not continuously though), the call can then be be bay 1 and 2 together, then we can point to the Southern Hill or Western Stand for the response, and hopefully it can spread through the stadium.

We have been able to engage a lot of the stadium with the Jets and Come on, Newcastle chants, maybe this could get more people involved as well.

Thoughts?

Been to parra stadium lately?

furns
03-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Maybe people watching them might get more involved at our games.

Not ashamed to say thats what gave me the idea.

q-money
03-01-2013, 10:37 PM
too many skips in newy

militiamon
03-01-2013, 10:44 PM

Thoughts?

Good idea imo, hard part will be getting the message out but that shouldn't stop us. The call and response chants have been some of our better ones this season, no reason not to up the game.

Should point out that the response is just "Newcastle" I believe, no "We are" part.

Edit: Also, long pauses between call and response is good, don't want to do it too quickly otherwise it loses the effect.

furns
03-01-2013, 11:47 PM
I actually typed that wrong, should say "We're Newcastle"

timmy_v
04-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Who do we sing for?

WolfMan
04-01-2013, 09:09 AM
Who are, The Players?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mEy5yQkeKHw/T1En8elEb1I/AAAAAAAADf0/LWNs02DmLrI/s1600/jeopardy-13.jpg

lquiquer
05-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Hey Furns hope u okey mate. Sat in bay 67 and I think I could guess what was happening at the end of the game!!!.. It's ****ing disgraceful, embarrassing and disappointing to witness it!!!... some people standing near where u drum don't belong to that section or the game actualy.. U doing a great job and hope those pricks won't keep u away from our club.... We need you and more genuine blokes to build a bigger and better active support group... Hope to hear that drum next Saturday and in Gosford the week after...

weston
05-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Hey Furns hope u okey mate. Sat in bay 67 and I think I could guess what was happening at the end of the game!!!.. It's ****ing disgraceful, embarrassing and disappointing to witness it!!!... some people standing near where u drum don't belong to that section or the game actualy.. U doing a great job and hope those pricks won't keep u away from our club.... We need you and more genuine blokes to build a bigger and better active support group... Hope to hear that drum next Saturday and in Gosford the week after...

Another small minority ruining things for everyone??

sammydog
05-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Did one of the police take a swing or push TimmyV? Looked that way from Bay 55. What was the issue at the end, saw some pushing and shoving with security/police and then the drums were marched. If thats the way its going to be, say by to the atmosphere.

On the flare though, credit to the squadron for the self policing in getting rid of the flare and then what looked like the majority of the bay outing the perpetrator to security. Was pretty funny watching security having a few goes at putting it out.

MFKS
05-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Sitting in Bay 12 had a good view of a lot of the incidents

Flare was sorted quickly with the idiot identified and pointed out to the authorities. No Issue

As for the incident involving Furns can't comment on what started it what was said etc as I was a bit too far away. Furns got dragged away from some bloke and then returned to continue the argument. After that both looked like they were being asked to leave

Did see Timmy V getting pushed by the cops. Don't know what that was over though. May have just been a little too close to the cops and they were pushing him away to get some space and protect themselves from the confusion going on amongst the mob

militiamon
05-01-2013, 09:36 PM
Was clearly the octogenarian with the plastic bag slowly walking up the stairs who lit the flare. Susest bloke out. Old mate with no shirt and scarf wrapped around his head was quite obviously framed.

Edit: and fxxxing lol at the seccos trying to put the flare out with water :rof:

WolfMan
05-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Was clearly the octogenarian with the plastic bag slowly walking up the stairs who lit the flare. Susest bloke out. Old mate with no shirt and scarf wrapped around his head was quite obviously framed.

Edit: and fxxxing lol at the seccos trying to put the flare out with water :rof:

I LOL'd

Picked a good time to toddle up those stairs didn't he?

Furns, we all love you. Please don't let these Bay 1 Bellends keep you or your passionate drumming away.

God, imagine how out-of-time the chants would be without the drumming!

q-money
05-01-2013, 10:42 PM
i didn't know they were in time

WolfMan
05-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Lol exactly! Any semblance of pace or rhythm would be shot without the good work of Furns

militiamon
05-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Second half was great in that all the cardboard cutouts pissed off, and Aida went off for the first time. Excellent work.

Mitchy
05-01-2013, 11:20 PM
No pyro no party

furns
05-01-2013, 11:52 PM
Thanks for all the support at the game, on FB and in here lads

Just to clarify, I had basically had enough of the usual suspects in bay 1 spending the entire game acting like complete ****tards towards anyone in bay 2. They have been giving myself and especially TimmyV bucketloads of abuse for two seasons now, and when they had spent most of the game starting up shithouse 7-11 chants, singing over the top of bay 2 and directing abuse towards TimmyV I started to not drum and look in their direction, hoping they would get the hint to actually support the lads on the field and not act like complete tosspots.
All they did was shout at me that the game was behind me and to watch it instead of looking at them. When 90 minutes came around and we started singing NTUA, all they did was stand there and keep paying out on everyone who had actually taken part in supporting the team for 90 minutes in shit conditions and during a 0-0 draw. So I decided enough was enough and went off at them. One of them came over and threatened to throw his drink in my face, which is when I slapped it out of his hand and told him to have a ****ing go, considering he did **** all for the entire match except act like a wanker to the people who actually gave a shit during the game. He laughed in my face and then walked back over to his mates, and kept giving me the big ones so I walked over and after some words with him and four of his mates, I shoved him to show I wasnt intimidated by him or any of his friends, which is what they were hoping I was. This is when the cops told me to leave.
I will put my hands up and say that the cops were quite within their rights to ask me to depart, and I accept any consequences of my actions. However, they didnt ask me for any details, I left as soon as they asked me to and since I started attending games in 2006, thats the first time I have either been ejected or even left a game before the fulltime whistle.
I have turned my back, and let anything these retards have thrown our way go past for 18 months now (despite myself and others being targeted by them most games) but tonight I had enough. A line had to be drawn.

This post is not meant to excuse my actions, but I hope it does explain why I did what I did.

seldom
05-01-2013, 11:58 PM
get 3 or 4 blokes on drums....that'll fvck em

parksey
06-01-2013, 12:07 AM
yeah furns!

parksey
06-01-2013, 12:08 AM
yeahhhh!

la bazzle
06-01-2013, 01:08 AM
Need more gallaway support songs

Vandenberg13
06-01-2013, 08:32 AM
#teamfurns

ive seen them antagonise Tim And Furns many times, now im sure all our parents have told us, to never raise your fist to a girl, but those dickheads have been doing it since i remember standing in row 3,

sometimes the best thing to do is ignore the trolls, but when it keeps on happening game after game, sometimes people just lose there cool... im proud to have Furns as a drummer, trust me it isnt easy what he does, ive tried (and failed) regardless how shit our singing is from the 10 minute mark to the 85th minute mark, you will always hear the beat of the drum because of Furns,

not that i can speak for the squadron, but i would like to hopefully say, he has the whole of bay 2's support,
but i can speak for myself, and i can proudly say, he has my support

#teamfurns

weston
06-01-2013, 10:30 AM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/gallery/1135334/A-League-Week-15

Photo of the flare on the world game website

militiamon
06-01-2013, 10:51 AM
So many good things about that photo, my personal fave is Waspy's face :cool:

RedMexican
06-01-2013, 10:56 AM
So many good things about that photo, my personal fave is Waspy's face :cool:

did you miss old mate in the akubra ?
definately the best

militiamon
06-01-2013, 11:00 AM
lol, where do these people come from?

Brilliant work. The other good things I spotted:

- jb in short denim shorts :cool: smh at the people who whinge about this look
- SD :rof:
- "Front"

RedMexican
06-01-2013, 11:16 AM

- "Front"

i only seen it after a certain foz member pointed it out on facebook lol
i really dont wanna know tbh haha

selassie
06-01-2013, 04:19 PM
first game in a while that furns gets on the cans and he tries to start a biff.

also anybody who doesn't like blow-ins in bay 2 is a homosexual. can't wait for parksey's mum to make an appearance in a pair of cut off denim shorts. kidding. but not really.

parksey
06-01-2013, 04:35 PM
she was there yesterday

BodyNovo
06-01-2013, 05:22 PM
love it when only half the bay turn up. everyone puts in the big ones has a go, rips flares, starts fights, etc.

once sds swimming pool comes in everything will be complete.

au revoir
06-01-2013, 06:01 PM
everything is coming up milhouse

Superdylan
06-01-2013, 08:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZsnrnFFcnI

Got a decent video of the nanana whoah chant from yesterday

Thoughts on the cowbell?

Buddha
06-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Holding Chase The Sun for a good 10+ minutes would have to be the most exhausting and brilliant thing ill ever do this year

bonjour imposteur
06-01-2013, 09:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZsnrnFFcnI

Got a decent video of the nanana whoah chant from yesterday

Thoughts on the cowbell?

¡Buen video SD!

El mejor momento del dÃ*a. Muchos pocos hacen un mucho.

pv4
07-01-2013, 07:42 AM

- "Front"

:lulzturtle: sd

Jeterpool
11-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Are The Squadron planning, or considered, repeating the 12 minutes silence in support of the Adelaide active supporters?

Do I recall correctly we had a similar issue a few years ago?

Not saying we should, just asking if we were.

Blackmac79
11-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Going for 80mins to support the south end.

GazFish35
11-01-2013, 09:17 PM
Good chance there'll be 12 minutes of silence at some stage during the game.
Whether its planned or not is another matter.

Blackmac79
11-01-2013, 09:18 PM
That is a very pessimistic view of our active support gav....

we can go silent much longer than that.

GazFish35
11-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Good chance there'll be 12 minutes of silence at multiple stages during the game.
Whether its planned or not is another matter.

Fixed?

Blackmac79
11-01-2013, 09:28 PM
much better gav.

also need to be more like zads lads.

**** the team support a single player.

militiamon
11-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Are The Squadron planning, or considered, repeating the 12 minutes silence in support of the Adelaide active supporters?

Someone fill me in on this one, the weekly Australian ultraz hools update must have been marked as spam on my email account.

Jeterpool
11-01-2013, 09:36 PM
Someone fill me in on this one, the weekly Australian ultraz hools update must have been marked as spam on my email account.

My understanding is the Adelaide active members feel seccos are being very over handed with them and kicking them out for minor things like taking a shirt off. The protested at today's game by staying silent for first 12 minutes - symbolising them as the 12th man.

boz-monaut
11-01-2013, 09:42 PM
symbolising them as the 12th man.http://toomuchpop.com/images/Dismissive_Wank.gif

q-money
11-01-2013, 09:44 PM
they scored two without da fanz g0ing s1k, may as well give up now

Jeterpool
11-01-2013, 09:48 PM
http://toomuchpop.com/images/Dismissive_Wank.gif

Pretty much

GazFish35
11-01-2013, 10:17 PM
much better gav.

also need to be more like zads lads.

**** the team support a single player.

Oh dear god dont start with that in here.
My twitter feed has been clogged already.

plague
11-01-2013, 10:27 PM

You should eat more bran.

q-money
11-01-2013, 10:38 PM
NF the most hated foz in the flogosphere

militiamon
11-01-2013, 10:45 PM
My understanding is the Adelaide active members feel seccos are being very over handed with them and kicking them out for minor things like taking a shirt off. The protested at today's game by staying silent for first 12 minutes - symbolising them as the 12th man.

lol, seriously? They want other fans to join in a protest about the security in Adelaide kicking a couple of dudes out?

As boz said...

Buddha
11-01-2013, 10:48 PM
Needs to be a 16th minute applause for Phil Taylor winning his 16th world championship. Not enough praise given for the great man. Anybody who doesn't like Phil or the darts is a deadset homo

sammydog
11-01-2013, 11:04 PM
Oh dear god dont start with that in here.

I've seen old ladies with handbags have more entertaining stoushes than that which occurred tonight on twitter tonight.