Pages : [1] 2 3

Aegon
12-11-2022, 09:57 PM
Time to move on to 2023.
What’s everyone’s predictions?
Who is moving where?

Reds Forever
13-11-2022, 11:23 AM
What's happening with Live stream service for season 2023?

Is Bar TV still doing it? Commentators done a farewell but unsure if it was just that team moving on?

Or has Northern ditched Bar TV for someone else?

KITZ
13-11-2022, 02:41 PM

Is Bar TV still doing it? Commentators done a farewell but unsure if it was just that team moving on?

I think maybe NPL.TV? I could be wrong though.

13-11-2022, 08:20 PM

I was told a few commentators moving on,bar tv will remain the same.

BBscone
13-11-2022, 10:49 PM
Time to move on to 2023.
What’s everyone’s predictions?
Who is moving where?I've heard Kent Harrison, Kai Bradley and Sam Maxwell to New Lambton. Another Olympic and an ex Maitland. They are trialling in Sydney next week. Unsure where.

Grapevine
14-11-2022, 05:32 PM
I've heard Kent Harrison, Kai Bradley and Sam Maxwell to New Lambton. Another Olympic and an ex Maitland. They are trialling in Sydney next week. Unsure where.

Have heard quite a few people have left Olympic recently, and are yet to sign anyone new for next season yet aswell.

The Magician
15-11-2022, 11:11 AM
Jaffas...
Ins...
McNaughton, Griffiths, Webb, Todhunter, Benson, Kelly, Newton, Bond, Furness
Outs...
Virgili X2, Hilton.

Magic...
Ins
Smith, Kamper
Outs...
Bracco, Ashbourne, Berlin, Bowling

Aegon
15-11-2022, 11:30 AM
Jaffas...
Ins...
Outs...
Virgili X2, Hilton.

Magic...
Ins
Smith, Kamper
Outs...

Any idea where the Virgili's are going?
Andrew Pawiak Jaffas > Edgy
I think Mitch Rooke has gone from Jaffas as well.

Hurricane
15-11-2022, 12:52 PM
Also heard Fin Pariss travelling Bren Hammel retired Kai Bradley to New Lambton

NewyGossip
15-11-2022, 12:52 PM

Do you not understand what the word retirement means ?

The Hacker
15-11-2022, 08:20 PM
Jaffas...
Ins...
Outs...
Virgili X2, Hilton.

Magic...
Ins
Smith, Kamper
Outs...

Where is Bowling off to

Zonal Marking
15-11-2022, 09:50 PM

Someone said in the old ZPL thread that the Virgilis have signed for the Newcastle Suns next season

NewyGossip
15-11-2022, 11:08 PM
Someone said in the old ZPL thread that the Virgilis have signed for the Newcastle Suns next season

False they have retired they won’t be playing football anywhere next season

Young bowling off to the jets youth team

The Magician
15-11-2022, 11:56 PM
False they have retired they won’t be playing football anywhere next season

Young bowling off to the jets youth team

Bowling currently training with the Jets, has secured a Victorian NPL team for 2023.

KITZ
16-11-2022, 07:59 AM
Bowling currently training with the Jets, has secured a Victorian NPL team for 2023.

that's good news.

The Hacker
16-11-2022, 08:46 AM

Good news and great player

NewyGossip
16-11-2022, 04:01 PM
who do magic have as their keeper next season then is it McNamara or is it Nate C ?

W8 WATCHER
17-11-2022, 11:20 AM

all these new signings posted at jaffaland is outrageous.
its clear that the player point system, is a joke and not monitored accurately by NNSW F,
So what's happen to all the existing and upcoming jaffas players.
massive expectations have been placed on his head, for win results next season
time will tell

terry
17-11-2022, 11:29 AM
all these new signings posted at jaffaland is outrageous.
its clear that the player point system, is a joke and not monitored accurately by NNSW F,
So what's happen to all the existing and upcoming jaffas players.
massive expectations have been placed on his head, for win results next season
time will tell

I like all the updates.

I wish (insert your club here) would be this aggressive in the transfer market. Cmon Buds have a go!

As for the points system im sure they are monitoring but it looks like this system still rewards the $.

northern_swan
17-11-2022, 12:00 PM
Does anyone have a link to where the Player Points System Policy is published? I couldn't find one on a quick web search. Having both the policy and the player's points allocation pubicly available would be a positive step

Yesk21
23-11-2022, 09:48 PM
Early prediction
Maitland
Magic
Jaffas
Olympic
Azzurri
Edgy
Cookers
Weston
Valo
Buds
Lakes
NL

23-11-2022, 10:57 PM
Rumours have a lot of player movements and a few clubs changing to new coaches … it could be anything… I’d expect a few surprises…both good and bad

W8 WATCHER
24-11-2022, 09:03 AM
Early prediction
Maitland
Magic
Jaffas
Olympic
Azzurri
Edgy
Cookers
Weston
Valo
Buds
Lakes
NL

cookers, with all there players leaving mid table?

The Hacker
24-11-2022, 09:28 AM
cookers, with all there players leaving mid table?

Cookers will be close to last and with Valo losing a few of their quality players they will slide

W8 WATCHER
24-11-2022, 09:59 AM
Cookers will be close to last and with Valo losing a few of their quality players they will slide

heard NL played Macarthur Rams on weekend
NL scored first- 1-1 at halftime, MR finished 3-1
NL also missing a few new players

Hurricane
24-11-2022, 10:24 AM

Who have Valo lost. They had a good season this year

The Hacker
24-11-2022, 11:16 AM
Who have Valo lost. They had a good season this year

Dylan Newbold to Jaffas I am hearing Matt Thomson and Ryan Clarke plus a few other are tossing it up. But that might of changed

Goatscheese
29-11-2022, 09:27 AM
Any trial matches coming up?

Imyourhero
29-11-2022, 06:01 PM
Who is coaching out at Edgy next season?

Football lover
30-11-2022, 01:12 AM
Who is coaching out at
Edgy next season?

Pete McGuinness and a Gary Wilson as his assistant.

Expect the eagles to sign 3-4 more players. Another defender and a 9. Watch this space

Imyourhero
30-11-2022, 01:30 AM

Expect the eagles to sign 3-4 more players. Another defender and a 9. Watch this space

Who is in charge of the ressies?

Goatscheese
30-11-2022, 09:37 AM
Who is in charge of the ressies?

Craig Stoker, there has been no changes to the senior coaching team, despite what people on here believed would happen.

ForeverRed
30-11-2022, 12:02 PM

And a 9 😂😂😂

W8 WATCHER
30-11-2022, 01:37 PM
And a 9 😂😂😂

mcbreen

ForeverRed
10-12-2022, 07:19 AM
David Eland has left on mutual agreement with NNSWF, thanks for your efforts David, you have have implemented many ideas to make northern football more professional, I’m not sure the new board realise what they are in for, the grass isn’t always greener, NNSWF is poorer for your loss.

travellingman
10-12-2022, 10:25 AM
David Eland has left on mutual agreement with NNSWF, thanks for your efforts David, you have have implemented many ideas to make northern football more professional, I’m not sure the new board realise what they are in for, the grass isn’t always greener, NNSWF is poorer for your loss.

From what I'm hearing you are the only one who thinks it is a bad decision.
He was an arrogant dictator who controlled the board. His only legacy will be the world class centre at Speers Point.
As for football in NNSW and its development, he destroyed it.

It will be interesting to see how much the football community will be paying him in his payout. Which could be anywhere between $250K to 1 Mill as he had a 4yr contract. The ousted directors have a lot to answer for.

ForeverRed
10-12-2022, 10:27 AM
He was an arrogant dictator who controlled the board. His only legacy will be the world class centre at Speers Point.

It will be interesting to see how much the football community will be paying him in his payout. Which could be anywhere between $250K to 1 Mill as he had a 4yr contract. The ousted directors have a lot to answer for.
You are only hearing rumours, you obviously don’t know by your comments

travellingman
10-12-2022, 10:33 AM
You are only hearing rumours, you obviously don’t know by your comments

I know very well. I have been around and involved for a very long time as you have.
There has been a lot of unhappy people when you consider the only voting group to vote against the removal of the board was the referees.
Zones, NPL, NL1 and WNPL steering committees all voted together.

The Magician
10-12-2022, 10:40 AM
Mike Parsons has been elected Chair of the Northern NSW Football Board following an extraordinary general meeting on Friday 9 December.

Joining Parsons is Mark Trenter (Deputy Chair), Lisa Evans, Lauren Edwards, Paul Sandilands and David Willoughby.

Parsons is positive about the opportunities presented by a change in leadership at the member federation “We wish to thank the members of Northern NSW Football for their vote of confidence last night.

The new Northern NSW Football Board will come together shortly to commence planning for season 2023, future structure and direction of football within northern NSW.

At this stage it is business as usual, we have excellent staff within Northern NSW Football and much of the planning for 2023 is complete,” said Parsons.

Grassroots, premier football and development pathways prioritised

The new board have indicated their intentions to work with the football community to prioritise:

Grassroots football

New focus on the development of grassroots football throughout northern NSW.
Dynamic National Premier League Northern NSW

Commit to achieve a dynamic NPL structure with NPLW, NPL and NL1 (with promotion and relegation) from 2024.
Reassessment of development pathways

Review the junior development programs to ensure maximum opportunities for youth in our region and provide pathways for all genders and abilities.

Sounds like zones might re-take JDL.

Captain_Carl
10-12-2022, 12:12 PM
Mike Parsons has been elected Chair of the Northern NSW Football Board following an extraordinary general meeting on Friday 9 December.

Joining Parsons is Mark Trenter (Deputy Chair), Lisa Evans, Lauren Edwards, Paul Sandilands and David Willoughby.

Parsons is positive about the opportunities presented by a change in leadership at the member federation “We wish to thank the members of Northern NSW Football for their vote of confidence last night.

The new Northern NSW Football Board will come together shortly to commence planning for season 2023, future structure and direction of football within northern NSW.

At this stage it is business as usual, we have excellent staff within Northern NSW Football and much of the planning for 2023 is complete,” said Parsons.

The new board have indicated their intentions to work with the football community to prioritise:

Grassroots football

Commit to achieve a dynamic NPL structure with NPLW, NPL and NL1 (with promotion and relegation) from 2024.

Review the junior development programs to ensure maximum opportunities for youth in our region and provide pathways for all genders and abilities.

JDL will be in its last season. Those behind the takeover are big fans of the Zone SAP competition.

ForeverRed
10-12-2022, 01:38 PM

Grassroots football

Heard it all before, nothing but dribble once again, these people need to shut up and start getting on with the job

Zonal Marking
10-12-2022, 04:26 PM
Heard it all before, nothing but dribble once again, these people need to shut up and start getting on with the job

They’ve been in the job not even 24 hours and they’ve already promised to talk to the stakeholders which is more than the last lot ever did. Maybe let’s give them a chance before going all doom and gloom.

Jardelsimage
12-12-2022, 09:40 AM

Travelling man, sorry but "world class centre at Speers Point" i do hope you are being sarcastic here.....maybe you meant to say it could have been a great venue, but someone stuffed it up!!

Hurricane
14-12-2022, 11:48 PM
Does anyone have any news when they are releasing the draw

Captain_Carl
15-12-2022, 05:53 PM
Does anyone have any news when they are releasing the draw

It was supposed to be released to the public on Monday but I think the fact that Toronto Awaba had their youth licence revoked yesterday (joining Wallsend who have had their youth licence revoked) has held things up. I know it is not NPL but it is all interconnected.

BBscone
16-12-2022, 02:40 AM
It was supposed to be released to the public on Monday but I think the fact that Toronto Awaba had their youth licence revoked yesterday (joining Wallsend who have had their youth licence revoked) has held things up. I know it is not NPL but it is all interconnected.Good to see all of the Tronno experts were pissing in the wind about their "plans" for Youth development. Seriously, pull that pin once and for all. Wallsend also? Once a giant of a Club is a shadow of itself. Both should move back to the 3rd tier. Singleton next ...new TD? More like a new Magician needed up there. Hopefully whatever this new Board and CEO bring to the table is intestinal fortitude to make brave football decisions. Thousands of people around the country over the last 5 weeks have shown the interest exists for football to thrive. Smart admin needed. Now......

The Postman
16-12-2022, 07:32 AM
What Youth Teams does the Youth Licence cover?

Toronto has been announcing their JDL Teams (9s, 10s, 11s, 12s) on Facebook over the last few days?

Seems a bit silly to have them and not the rest.

Goatscheese
16-12-2022, 09:18 AM

Toronto has been announcing their JDL Teams (9s, 10s, 11s, 12s) on Facebook over the last few days?

I reckon it covers the teams in the Youth Premier League and not the teams in the Junior Development League

travellingman
16-12-2022, 02:35 PM

What a stupid comment.
The club is trying to increase numbers in their youth teams by starting with the younger age groups, if done right in 4 years' time they will have 9's through to 16's

The Postman
16-12-2022, 11:21 PM
Yes, because I’m sure NNSW will grant them the Licence for JUST u/13s next year. Makes perfect sense.

If done right, in 4 years there won’t be a NewFM to worry about. NNSW will have their 16 teams, and the rest of the riff raff will stop impersonating Premier Clubs and be back playing Zone League.

Jim
17-12-2022, 10:13 AM
What a stupid comment.
The club is trying to increase numbers in their youth teams by starting with the younger age groups, if done right in 4 years' time they will have 9's through to 16's

Look how long L1 have had a full youth setup? in 2016 it was 17 19 23 1st. Nothing else.

It's a recent format where Newfm has aligned with NPL in Youth ages.
Toronto and some other L1 clubs have struggled since inception. Before this, 2nd division had youth in community.
It was a good idea but it doesnt work for the amount of teams in the top 2 tiers.

I think this idea of breaking into 3 groups would have been a good idea albeit i dont think they can manage that now either.

Hurricane
05-01-2023, 08:17 PM
Do any clubs have trial games coming up

GO AWAY
10-01-2023, 03:08 PM
Darren Stewart Cup
Saturday January 14
2pm Toronto Awaba v Apia 23s
4pm Broadmeadow v Jets Youth
Lyall Peacock
Gold coin donation to Beyond Blue

14-01-2023, 09:44 PM
Trials today
Magic 1 Jets youth 1
Sydney Olympic 3 Newcastle Olympic 2. Newcastle Olympic up 2-0 at one stage from early reports..

Reds Forever
14-01-2023, 09:53 PM
Trials today
Magic 1 Jets youth 1
Sydney Olympic 3 Newcastle Olympic 2. Newcastle Olympic up 2-0 at one stage from early reports..

Any new faces in Magic or Olympic teams?

14-01-2023, 10:05 PM

Didn’t watch any games ,just got told results… Jets Magic game is on bartv . Rielly Smith from Charlestown playing for Magic but that was confirmed a while ago..

Hurricane
14-01-2023, 10:15 PM
Plenty missing from Magic. I didn't see Jeremy Wilson, Jose Attadye, Keanu Moore, Jordan Jackson, Bailey Wells, Damon Green. And Zane coaching the Youth team and not Magic

14-01-2023, 10:33 PM
Plenty missing from Magic. I didn't see Jeremy Wilson, Jose Attadye, Keanu Moore, Jordan Jackson, Bailey Wells, Damon Green. And Zane coaching the Youth team and not Magic

I keep hearing small murmurs that Zane won’t be at Magic… It is the silly season ��

BS detecor
15-01-2023, 06:29 PM
I keep hearing small murmurs that Zane won’t be at Magic… It is the silly season ��

There’s also rumours that papas won’t be at the jets. Wonder if the 2 are related

15-01-2023, 09:00 PM
There’s also rumours that papas won’t be at the jets. Wonder if the 2 are related

Murmurs are very small rumours ����but who knows����

northern_swan
15-01-2023, 10:14 PM

Hope so. Papas out

Hurricane
16-01-2023, 02:33 PM
Herald today confirms that Zane has departed Magic to coach Jets youth. John Benis to coach Magic

Oldy
18-01-2023, 06:58 PM
Hope so. Papas out

ditto

Imyourhero
19-01-2023, 11:15 AM
Any news from New Lambton this silly season? How will their pre existing squad hold up in the NPL?

The Postman
19-01-2023, 04:50 PM
From the NNSW press release

“ Provide options to establish promotion and relegation in men’s football in northern NSW, extending from NPL Men’s NNSW to the Zone Premier Leagues”

“Provide options to improve outcomes of the Junior Development League with a focus on cost and elite player development pathways”

The Magician
19-01-2023, 05:26 PM
From the NNSW press release

“ Provide options to establish promotion and relegation in men’s football in northern NSW, extending from NPL Men’s NNSW to the Zone Premier Leagues”

“Provide options to improve outcomes of the Junior Development League with a focus on cost and elite player development pathways”

Easy... relegate 2 this year... return comp to 10 teams with promotion and relegation, first team promoted 2025

Eastwest
19-01-2023, 06:29 PM
Easy... relegate 2 this year... return comp to 10 teams with promotion and relegation, first team promoted 2025

Doesnt give NL long to pick up speed but some sort of yearly pro/rel needs to happen at some point.

ForeverRed
19-01-2023, 07:02 PM
Doesnt give NL long to pick up speed but some sort of yearly pro/rel needs to happen at some point.
How long do they need, promotion and relegation should start now, simple

Hunter403
20-01-2023, 08:48 AM

Why wait until 2025?

If this were to happen...If NL are good enough, they will win promotion again. Yes, unfortunate and unfair that they won promotion and then it gets taken away, but it would be for the betterment of the game. The alternative would be to drop the last 2 placed teams from last season's NPL. Probably the better solution in all honesty

travellingman
20-01-2023, 11:24 AM
Why wait until 2025?

If this were to happen...If NL are good enough, they will win promotion again. Yes, unfortunate and unfair that they won promotion and then it gets taken away, but it would be for the betterment of the game. The alternative would be to drop the last 2 placed teams from last season's NPL. Probably the better solution in all honesty

I think we could go similar to the English system.
Relegate last and have a playoff between the 2nd and 3rd last teams for the other team to be relegated.
Promote the team who wins the comp and have a playoff between the 2nd and 3rd teams for the final promotion place.

W8 WATCHER
20-01-2023, 11:51 AM
I think we could go similar to the English system.
Relegate last and have a playoff between the 2nd and 3rd last teams for the other team to be relegated.
Promote the team who wins the comp and have a playoff between the 2nd and 3rd teams for the final promotion place.

lakes and buds, last every year not really too complicated , on who needs to be dropped.

until the new CEO, and structure at NNSWF is in place, it would make common sense to then put a timeframe for this to occur. 2025 is the appropriate year to take place, otherwise ad hoc decisions and management continues and the football brand continues to spiral in decline.
as to 8,10,12 or 14 teams, opinions vary to the clubs spending 1000's on players, with additional rounds to pay, magic, edgy and jaffas would prefer 6 team comp, less games, less player payments.
next year, when the payments are taxed, silly spending i believe will reduce, clubs wont be able to afford.

The Magician
20-01-2023, 12:28 PM
lakes and buds, last every year not really too complicated , on who needs to be dropped.

until the new CEO, and structure at NNSWF is in place, it would make common sense to then put a timeframe for this to occur. 2025 is the appropriate year to take place, otherwise ad hoc decisions and management continues and the football brand continues to spiral in decline.
as to 8,10,12 or 14 teams, opinions vary to the clubs spending 1000's on players, with additional rounds to pay, magic, edgy and jaffas would prefer 6 team comp, less games, less player payments.
next year, when the payments are taxed, silly spending i believe will reduce, clubs wont be able to afford.

2x 8 team 3 round comps (first and second division, the remaining clubs join ZPL also with a promotion and relegation play-off should the ZPL team wish to be promoted to second division) with promotion and relegation would provide the best football spectacle in NNSW... it really is that simple... 10 teams is the next best, however, regular season only 18 matches... 8 teams 3 rounds is a 21 match regular season... and play top 4 final series.

Aegon
20-01-2023, 02:17 PM
2x 8 team 3 round comps (first and second division, the remaining clubs join ZPL also with a promotion and relegation play-off should the ZPL team wish to be promoted to second division) with promotion and relegation would provide the best football spectacle in NNSW... it really is that simple... 10 teams is the next best, however, regular season only 18 matches... 8 teams 3 rounds is a 21 match regular season... and play top 4 final series.

21 is pretty poor when you consider NSW NPL is a 30 round competition.

What about a 10 team 3 round competition or an 8 team 4 round competition giving 27 or 28 rounds per season.

Quare Caeruleum
20-01-2023, 03:28 PM
How about 2 x 8 team competition, NPL1 and NPL2. 3 rounds for each division.
End of season - top 4 teams in NPL1 play normal semi/final competition, bottom 4 NPL1 teams play off with top 2 NPL2 teams in six team semi/final format to decide next seasons promotion relegation.
Bottom 4 NPL1 teams seeded 1 through 4, and top 2 NPL2 teams seeded 5 and 6. 1 v 6, 2 v 5 and 3 v 4. The 2 lowest ranked losing teams play NPL2 next year, other 4 in NPL1. Then 2 highest placed winners play-off in a final, perhaps a sponsor can call it the "Sponsors Cup".
This provides several advantages. Firstly the number of games played, especially among the strongest clubs. Secondly, it encourages continual interest in game results for bottom 4 NPL1 teams needing to finish as high up the table as possible to improve chances of remaining in top division. And perhaps most importantly, it means that any promotion from the 2nd division is based on merit, where a team will be truly competitive.
Of course this suggestion may require some tweaking, but the idea is about providing sufficient number of meaningful games, along with providing a pathway to promotion, but only if a team or club is truly worthy and capable of the step up.

Swanky
20-01-2023, 03:35 PM

Clubs will still have brown paper bags

The Magician
20-01-2023, 03:38 PM
End of season - top 4 teams in NPL1 play normal semi/final competition, bottom 4 NPL1 teams play off with top 2 NPL2 teams in six team semi/final format to decide next seasons promotion relegation.
Bottom 4 NPL1 teams seeded 1 through 4, and top 2 NPL2 teams seeded 5 and 6. 1 v 6, 2 v 5 and 3 v 4. The 2 lowest ranked losing teams play NPL2 next year, other 4 in NPL1. Then 2 highest placed winners play-off in a final, perhaps a sponsor can call it the "Sponsors Cup".
This provides several advantages. Firstly the number of games played, especially among the strongest clubs. Secondly, it encourages continual interest in game results for bottom 4 NPL1 teams needing to finish as high up the table as possible to improve chances of remaining in top division. And perhaps most importantly, it means that any promotion from the 2nd division is based on merit, where a team will be truly competitive.
Of course this suggestion may require some tweaking, but the idea is about providing sufficient number of meaningful games, along with providing a pathway to promotion, but only if a team or club is truly worthy and capable of the step up.

How about we give participation ribbons to the 7 teams that didnt finish 8th, and we can hand them out at a big awards ceremony named after a former player from our region who represented at the highest level.

early_to_the_match
20-01-2023, 03:51 PM
How about we give participation ribbons to the 7 teams that didnt finish 8th, and we can hand them out at a big awards ceremony named after a former player from our region who represented at the highest level.
I take it you don't agree with the suggestion so came up with a well thought out and constructive alternative.

Macca
20-01-2023, 04:11 PM

So of last and second last in NPL1, only one can possibly be relegated, while a 5th or 6th placed team will instead?

travellingman
20-01-2023, 04:43 PM

I don't agree with your suggestion.
It's called Promotion/Relegation for a reason.
Why should 1st and 2nd in NPL1 be forced into a playoff to be promoted?

Quare Caeruleum
20-01-2023, 04:46 PM
So of last and second last in NPL1, only one can possibly be relegated, while a 5th or 6th placed team will instead?
That's where the plan might need some tweaking, but it would require 5th and 6th placed teams to lose to NPL2 teams for 5th place team to be relegated as well. Plan isn't designed for automatic promotion for both or any NPL2 teams, unless they are good enough to earn it. Happy to have this format scrutinised, just hope whatever the method, it accomplishes the purpose of meaningful games as well as promotion/relegation based on ability and not just a forced movement with no gainful advantage.
It could alternatively be a bottom 4 play top 4, or bottom 2 play top 2, many might have some input into how this process plays out and how many, if any teams, need to be promoted.

W8 WATCHER
20-01-2023, 05:05 PM

can NNSWF afford this?
i think ribbons are more expensive now, due to increased cost of plastics

Quare Caeruleum
20-01-2023, 05:40 PM
I don't agree with your suggestion.
It's called Promotion/Relegation for a reason.
Why should 1st and 2nd in NPL1 be forced into a playoff to be promoted?
Certainly it's a matter of choice, but 1st and 2nd in NPL2 need to be competitive. If they are in fact poorer options than last 2 places in NPL1 then perhaps they shouldn't be. Just a thought because relegating a strong and successful club on the basis of one poor year, and replacing them with a team that is far worse does not seem logical in my opinion. Giving teams a chance to gain promotion and adding greater interest at the back end of the season is what I would see as a positive.

travellingman
20-01-2023, 08:01 PM
Certainly it's a matter of choice, but 1st and 2nd in NPL2 need to be competitive. If they are in fact poorer options than last 2 places in NPL1 then perhaps they shouldn't be. Just a thought because relegating a strong and successful club on the basis of one poor year, and replacing them with a team that is far worse does not seem logical in my opinion. Giving teams a chance to gain promotion and adding greater interest at the back end of the season is what I would see as a positive.

As I said it's called Promotion/Relegation for a reason.
You cannot dangle a carrot in front of clubs and then say you're not good enough because you can't beat the lower teams in the higher group.
1st and 2nd in the lower group are forced to invest in the club to stay up.
It's called development of the club and the competitions.

20-01-2023, 10:26 PM
Damon Green from Magic to Maitland… announced on Maitland face book page.

Quare Caeruleum
20-01-2023, 11:05 PM
As I said it's called Promotion/Relegation for a reason.
You cannot dangle a carrot in front of clubs and then say you're not good enough because you can't beat the lower teams in the higher group.
1st and 2nd in the lower group are forced to invest in the club to stay up.
It's called development of the club and the competitions.
That's your opinion and you, like everyone, are entitled to have a say. But while yes, it is called promotion and relegation, it hasn't always been around, and no doubt there was reason behind not applying it. What I'm suggesting is a compromise, allowing the chance for promotion, but not forcing it if it's not warranted. I'm sure many clubs lack the desire to be promoted because they realise the added pressure and inability to be competitive, while some top division clubs would be devastated and may not be able to recover if one poor year led to demotion.
Either way, the suggestion can be accepted, ignored or improved upon. Most likely it will be ignored, but that's OK by me, since I'm really not invested in the outcome. But I'm not hearing many alternative suggestions, just complaints.
The whole reasoning behind the overall package was to have sufficient games, keep competition games more relevant (straight promotion and relegation could be decided 6 or 7 weeks prior to season ending leaving little interest), and ensure the strongest clubs are in the top division. That may not be everyone's aim, but personally, I would see it as desirable.

anfield
21-01-2023, 09:23 AM
NNSW NPL should be a 10 team competition, pretty simple. I can't see what all the debate is about. There's not enough depth to have any more teams.

Quare Caeruleum
21-01-2023, 11:26 AM
NNSW NPL should be a 10 team competition, pretty simple. I can't see what all the debate is about. There's not enough depth to have any more teams.
You're probably right, not a lot of viable options to warrant automatic promotion as well.

Hurricane
21-01-2023, 11:38 AM
Any trials on today or tomorrow

Speedymetric
21-01-2023, 12:12 PM
Edgey v Blacktown 4pm at Jack McLaughlan

21-01-2023, 12:17 PM
Adamstown v Maitland today at Adamstown. 4pm

Hurricane
21-01-2023, 10:35 PM
Adamstown 2 Maitland 1

The Hacker
21-01-2023, 10:44 PM
Adamstown 2 Maitland 1

Were Maitland at full strength?

Sideline
22-01-2023, 12:24 AM
Agreed certainly not enough depth around to cater for more teams, a stronger comp across the board is needed have we really seen much youth development since the removal of reserve grade and introduction of the younger comp? I have seen some clubs try but unless you spend the dollars the chances of being a top 4 to 5 club is slim :(

W8 WATCHER
22-01-2023, 10:04 AM
Any trials on today or tomorrow

New lambton vs Parramatta fc(melita)
1-1

Speedymetric
22-01-2023, 09:02 PM
Were Maitland at full strength?

Far from an expert on NPL personnel but pretty sure Read, Crowley & Bailey were out there. There was obviously more cause they fielded a full team but whether they were at full strength is up to someone with more knowledge than myself to decide.

I can confirm though that the field was marked about 10-15m shorter than normal which was probably appreciated this early in the season.

Hurricane
22-01-2023, 10:55 PM
Blacktown 4.0 over Edgeworth

Lofty
25-01-2023, 06:51 PM
If anyone is keen for a hit of football or kebapi, the Suns and Magic seniors & juniors are hosting Maso Cup this weekend.

This is the biggest Maso Cup as far as particiaption goes with 17 clubs from across Australia here for the weekend including the likes of Rockdale Suns, Preston Lions, Altona Magic. Games will be played Friday night at Magic park and then Saturday on Myer Park, Adamtown oval and the fields between across two opens mens divisions, under 20's, over 35's and womens comps.
Sunday is finals day with the games being held at Adamstown oval and some on Myer.

No cover charge at any of the venues, plenty of food and drink for those interested!

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=707515537746710&set=a.606101011221497

Speedymetric
25-01-2023, 07:19 PM
If anyone is keen for a hit of football or kebapi, the Suns and Magic seniors & juniors are hosting Maso Cup this weekend.

This is the biggest Maso Cup as far as particiaption goes with 17 clubs from across Australia here for the weekend including the likes of Rockdale Suns, Preston Lions, Altona Magic. Games will be played Friday night at Magic park and then Saturday on Myer Park, Adamtown oval and the fields between across two opens mens divisions, under 20's, over 35's and womens comps.
Sunday is finals day with the games being held at Adamstown oval and some on Myer.

No cover charge at any of the venues, plenty of food and drink for those interested!

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=707515537746710&set=a.606101011221497

Ok. This explains why the goalposts went up on Myer/Adamstown 2 today. I was a bit worried about the blokes fielding at fine leg but it all makes sense now.

Should be a good weekend.

Grapevine
29-01-2023, 04:14 PM
Any trials this weekend?

BBscone
30-01-2023, 11:35 AM
Any trials this weekend?Cooks Hill and Valo. Maso Cup. NL v UNSW. Not sure of results. NL playing a lot of Sydney teams.

The Hacker
30-01-2023, 12:05 PM
Cooks Hill and Valo. Maso Cup. NL v UNSW. Not sure of results. NL playing a lot of Sydney teams.

Azzurri played Hamilton Azzurri and got up by 8 or 9

31-01-2023, 10:42 PM
Maitland 5 Lakes 0 tonight . Not sure who lined up for teams only got result

Hurricane
01-02-2023, 03:36 PM
I realise they are only trial games but that's a 6 nil loss to Magic and a 5 nil loss to Maitland. It could be a long year for Lakes

jandysardine
01-02-2023, 04:05 PM
I realise they are only trial games but that's a 6 nil loss to Magic and a 5 nil loss to Maitland. It could be a long year for Lakes

again and again and again.....

The Hacker
01-02-2023, 04:12 PM
again and again and again.....

Least Adamstown had a win against Maitland so hopefully there youth policy is starting to work

BBscone
01-02-2023, 04:29 PM
I realise they are only trial games but that's a 6 nil loss to Magic and a 5 nil loss to Maitland. It could be a long year for Lakes UNSW 2 - NL 2. Good hit hit out for both, Uni start this weekend. Lakes have a season to iron out the bumps. The NLs, Cooks Hills and Buds also. How they set up in 12 mths should be their focus. Its a 2 year season for these clubs starting now. 2025 pro/rel can't come quick enough to return some football credibility to the local game.

Once played
02-02-2023, 08:34 PM
Does anyone have a link to where the Player Points System Policy is published? I couldn't find one on a quick web search. Having both the policy and the player's points allocation pubicly available would be a positive step

https://www.northernnswfootball.com.au/sites/nnswf/files/2022-10/FINAL%20-%20Player%20Points%20System%202023%20Overview.pdf

samcan
02-02-2023, 09:33 PM
https://www.northernnswfootball.com.au/sites/nnswf/files/2022-10/FINAL%20-%20Player%20Points%20System%202023%20Overview.pdf

Wow. Clubs can get points deducted pretty easily

VelkiKurac
04-02-2023, 07:37 PM
Edgy V Croatia
Firsts 3-0 Edgy
Reserves 5-0 Edgy

Hurricane
04-02-2023, 10:09 PM
Any trial games on tomorrow

Grapevine
05-02-2023, 04:28 PM
Has Cavaliere gone back to Edgeworth? Thought I saw him in one of their pre season pictures.

The Magician
05-02-2023, 06:59 PM
Magic 3 defeated Cooks Hill 0

Take it easy
05-02-2023, 08:04 PM
How’d the Jaffas and Olympic trial end up ?

Eastwest
05-02-2023, 08:15 PM
How’d the Jaffas and Olympic trial end up ?

Jaffas leading 1-0 midway 2nd half last I saw.

Hurricane
05-02-2023, 08:46 PM
Valentine 1 Lakes 0

Grapevine
08-02-2023, 06:21 PM
Interesting article in the paper about Olympic today. Lost close to 10 players and have signed only 2-3 players. He is looking to promote reserve graders this season which will be interesting to see how it goes.

Hunter403
09-02-2023, 09:24 AM
Interesting article in the paper about Olympic today. Lost close to 10 players and have signed only 2-3 players. He is looking to promote reserve graders this season which will be interesting to see how it goes.

need to sell more schnitties?

magician
09-02-2023, 10:05 AM

Will be bottom 4

The Hacker
09-02-2023, 11:49 AM
Will be bottom 4

Adamstown will beat them. Lakes to finish bottom

Eastwest
09-02-2023, 04:52 PM

When does relegation cut in?

If not next year then they be saving for a top squad year after.

SAPDADDY
09-02-2023, 07:20 PM
What ever happened to ben kantaorvski?

early_to_the_match
09-02-2023, 10:28 PM
When does relegation cut in?

If not next year then they be saving for a top squad year after.
They are probably happy with the squad they have now.

Hunter403
10-02-2023, 07:09 AM
Jaffas played Belswans last night. Any scores?

Grapevine
11-02-2023, 10:39 AM
Edgeworth vs New Lambton today. Saw on Facebook 2pm I believe

14-02-2023, 10:57 PM
Maitland 7 Valo 3 in trial game tonight .not sure what players were playing just got result

Mad with football
16-02-2023, 08:01 PM
Azzurri looked very sharp in a trial v Adamstown last night , ended 3-0 to Charlly who started with a strong team, will be very hard to beat with squad assembled - and their rego fees for players to pay for it is ridiculous

Devon Sangas
17-02-2023, 12:50 PM
Azzurri looked very sharp in a trial v Adamstown last night , ended 3-0 to Charlly who started with a strong team, will be very hard to beat with squad assembled - and their rego fees for players to pay for it is ridiculous

Has Azzurri lost any players from last year?

Hurricane
17-02-2023, 02:22 PM
Has Azzurri lost any players from last year?

Riley Smith , Matt Tull , Rene Ferguson
Dom Bazarri

The Hacker
17-02-2023, 04:37 PM
Riley Smith , Matt Tull , Rene Ferguson
Dom Bazarri

Where has Rene gone. I thought he was still there

Grapevine
17-02-2023, 05:11 PM

Did they look sharp due to who the opposition was? Or are Adamstown looking much improved from last season?

Devon Sangas
18-02-2023, 11:39 PM
Where has Rene gone. I thought he was still there

I heard they all went to Dudley. Riley Smith to Magic

Grapevine
19-02-2023, 10:08 AM
Anyone have any results from magic, Weston, lakes so far? Haven't really heard/seen anything about them to date.

jandysardine
19-02-2023, 02:26 PM
Anyone have any results from magic, Weston, lakes so far? Haven't really heard/seen anything about them to date.

magic beat cookers last weekend?

Hotline
19-02-2023, 09:06 PM
Magic vs NL
Res 1-2
1st 1-0

ha'way the lads
19-02-2023, 11:58 PM
What is the substitution rule for NPL? Can you make 5 or 3?

ExWhistleMan
20-02-2023, 09:45 AM
5 changes total but only 3 stoppages/half time.

W8 WATCHER
21-02-2023, 01:38 PM
Magic vs NL
Res 1-2
1st 1-0

good result for eagles
still only trials though

21-02-2023, 09:59 PM
Trial game tonight.
Maitland 3 Azzurri 1

Hurricane
21-02-2023, 10:47 PM
Who got the red card for Azzurri

Devon Sangas
22-02-2023, 10:35 AM
Trial game tonight.
Maitland 3 Azzurri 1

Were both teams full strength?

22-02-2023, 05:58 PM
Were both teams full strength?
Both sides were missing 2 or 3 id suggest but seamed both teams had most of their 1st grade squads playing.for both teams some players who would normally start come off the bench but they were there and had game time .
Taylor Regan was given a straight red card in 1st half but 2nd half Azzurri started with 11 so I’m assuming both coaches and ref agreed to play 11v11 as only a trial game and 10v11 wouldn’t benefit any side

Hurricane
22-02-2023, 06:19 PM
Both sides were missing 2 or 3 id suggest but seamed both teams had most of their 1st grade squads playing.for both teams some players who would normally start come off the bench but they were there and had game time .
Taylor Regan was given a straight red card in 1st half but 2nd half Azzurri started with 11 so I’m assuming both coaches and ref agreed to play 11v11 as only a trial game and 10v11 wouldn’t benefit any side

What was the straight red card for do you know 2285

Grapevine
24-02-2023, 07:27 AM
Think Olympic played NL last night. Anyone know scores?

W8 WATCHER
24-02-2023, 07:58 AM
Think Olympic played NL last night. Anyone know scores?

NL 3 v Olympic 2

Devon Sangas
24-02-2023, 11:15 AM
NL 3 v Olympic 2

New Lambton might surprise a few teams this year

the-deviant
24-02-2023, 11:24 AM
Who have Olympic picked up since losing a couple players last season

Two tone
25-02-2023, 12:16 PM
Is BarTV covering games again this year?

The Magician
25-02-2023, 12:56 PM
Magic 4-0 vs Valo this morning at Magic Park

magician
25-02-2023, 02:10 PM
New Lambton might surprise a few teams this year

Yeah might surprise lakes and Adamstown

Devon Sangas
27-02-2023, 02:42 PM
Top 4 predictions this year in any order - Magic, Edgeworth, Azzurri and Maitland.

Weekend predictions:

Lambton 1 - 1 Maitland
Magic 3 - 0 Weston
New Lambton 1 - 3 Azzurri
Olympic 1 - 2 Edgeworth
Cooks Hill 1 - 0 Lakes
Adamstown 2 - 2 Valentine

Grapevine
28-02-2023, 08:19 PM
Anyone got any table predictions for the year? Mine is

1.Maitland
2.Edgeworth
3.Azzurri
4.Lambton
5.Magic
6.Weston (either finish 5-6 come down to last week)
7.New Lambton
8.Olympic
9.Cooks hill
10.Valentine
11.Lakes
12. Adamstown

ForeverRed
01-03-2023, 07:39 PM
Maitland
Azzurri
Jaffas
Weston
Magic
Olympic
Edgeworth
Cooks Hill
Tomago eagles
New Lambton
Adamstown
Lakes

Taffy
02-03-2023, 02:52 PM
Maitland
Magic
Edgeworth
Weston
Lambton
Azzurri
Valentine
Olympic
New Lambton
Cooks Hill
Adamstown
Lakes

Imyourhero
02-03-2023, 06:59 PM
Edgeworth the only team to submit for the NSD?

Taffy
03-03-2023, 09:47 AM
Have they submitted an EoI?

magician
03-03-2023, 10:06 AM
Maitland Jaffas to fight for the premiership
Charly edgey magic to fight for 3rd and 5th
The rest along way back

mge61
03-03-2023, 04:53 PM
Is anyone broadcasting the matches this season?

03-03-2023, 05:43 PM
Is anyone broadcasting the matches this season?

Bar tv

ForeverRed
03-03-2023, 07:20 PM
Edgeworth the only team to submit for the NSD?

The list of EOI is out, no clubs from northern submitted, your information is incorrect

Blueboy
03-03-2023, 09:37 PM
Whose the commentators for Bartv tonight. Be listening on mute from now on? Very unfortunate for old mate to break his leg. Absolutely nothing wrong with the tackle , and these clowns saying what a awful tackle 🤦*♂️🤦*♂️

04-03-2023, 01:11 AM
Whose the commentators for Bartv tonight. Be listening on mute from now on? Very unfortunate for old mate to break his leg. Absolutely nothing wrong with the tackle , and these clowns saying what a awful tackle ��*♂️��*♂️
To be fair he is a rugby commentator who did his best,also had to talk for 40 min with no actual game on… I think bar tv did alright with what it was…. End of the day with these commentators and bar tv our game is better for it . some times we need to look for positives out of a very grim and sad finish for a player who a very decent human and very good player to boot,hope he has a speedy recovery

SAPDADDY
04-03-2023, 01:55 PM
Connor evans is very heavy for +$1600 a game!!!]

JustMe
04-03-2023, 03:31 PM
hope he has a speedy recovery

fmd. His leg was facing different directions. There's no speedy recovery. ffs

JustMe
04-03-2023, 03:33 PM
Whose the commentators for Bartv tonight. Be listening on mute from now on? Very unfortunate for old mate to break his leg. Absolutely nothing wrong with the tackle , and these clowns saying what a awful tackle ��*♂️��*♂️

listen to this retard.
Ahole didnt give a sh*t about anyone in that tackle.
Sure he didn't want that to happen but with that speed and speering in at feet was only a matter of time.
Hope no one caress when it happens again because its fair game now.

Blueboy
04-03-2023, 05:39 PM
listen to this retard.
Ahole didnt give a sh*t about anyone in that tackle.
Sure he didn't want that to happen but with that speed and speering in at feet was only a matter of time.
Hope no one caress when it happens again because its fair game now.
A sliding 50/50 tackle and got the ball. No malice in it. You’re a flog. Accidents happen.

Hurricane
04-03-2023, 06:44 PM
Cookers 6 Lakes 2 , a very long season ahead for Lakes
Azzurri 1 New Lambton 0 , Azzurri with 3 red cards

magician
04-03-2023, 06:49 PM

Azzurri and red cards
Some things never change

The Hacker
04-03-2023, 07:04 PM
Azzurri and red cards
Some things never change

How don’t NL get a point Vs 8 players

Two tone
04-03-2023, 08:32 PM

Cookers 5 v Lakes 2
Just watched it on BarTV crazy last few minutes.
Cookers ground looks good for the old athletics track.

W8 WATCHER
04-03-2023, 08:37 PM
How don’t NL get a point Vs 8 players

A ZPL comment.
Like there was 8 players the whole game

Devon Sangas
04-03-2023, 08:59 PM
A ZPL comment.

I heard Azzurri played with 8 players for the last 25 mins. Bad challenges or poor refereeing?

Grapevine
04-03-2023, 09:07 PM
A ZPL comment.

Also at times probably harder to vs less players as everyone just sits behind the ball.

Grapevine
04-03-2023, 09:07 PM
I heard Azzurri played with 8 players for the last 25 mins. Bad challenges or poor refereeing?

Flashscore says Azzurri got their 2nd red in the 84th minute. Don't think they played with 8 players for the last 25 minutes...

W8 WATCHER
04-03-2023, 09:09 PM
Also at times probably harder to vs less players as everyone just sits behind the ball.

I think k they call it parking g the bus
1-6-1

ForeverRed
04-03-2023, 09:28 PM
Who got sent ?

chook
04-03-2023, 09:30 PM
Plenty of TLC. Retro Jet pulling double shift Friday evening 😉

Devon Sangas
04-03-2023, 09:33 PM
Flashscore says Azzurri got their 2nd red in the 84th minute. Don't think they played with 8 players for the last 25 minutes...

Ah ok. Got the 3 points, but not a great start for Azzurri. Could hurt them next week

Hurricane
04-03-2023, 09:47 PM
Who got sent ?
Matt Johnson Frendo and Frendo

ForeverRed
04-03-2023, 09:48 PM
Matt Johnson Frendo and Frendo
Cheers

Blueboy
04-03-2023, 10:29 PM
fmd. His leg was facing different directions. There's no speedy recovery. ffs

A flog , with another flog comment. Who would have thought

Frank Jonathan Mir II
04-03-2023, 11:37 PM

W8 WATCHER
05-03-2023, 09:20 AM
Cheersl callen, and j freedom, not 2 x frendo

W8 WATCHER
05-03-2023, 11:29 AM
l callen, and j freedom, not 2 x frendo
Sorry
Luke callen, Jackson frendo, not 2 x frendo

Grapevine
05-03-2023, 12:09 PM
Sorry
Luke callen, Jackson frendo, not 2 x frendo

Harry frendo, not Jackson

Mad with football
05-03-2023, 08:31 PM
Adamstown Valo today an even game , Valo scored very early and Buds had some good chances to level
But lacked punch up front
Good game in ressies finished 1-1 Buds finished stronger and unlucky not to get 3 pointts

VelkiKurac
06-03-2023, 05:44 PM
Valentine are joking surely haha applying for National Second Division lol

travellingman
06-03-2023, 05:45 PM
Valentine are joking surely haha applying for National Second Division lol

No NNSW teams submitted an EOI

VelkiKurac
06-03-2023, 05:46 PM
No NNSW teams submitted an EOI

Yes Valentine did

travellingman
06-03-2023, 05:52 PM
Yes Valentine did

I stand corrected, what a joke.
Not even competitive in NPL. It will be very interesting to see who is funding them

VelkiKurac
06-03-2023, 05:55 PM
I stand corrected, what a joke.
Not even competitive in NPL. It will be very interesting to see who is funding them

Very strange to me

Eastwest
06-03-2023, 05:57 PM
https://keepup.com.au/news/fa-statement-imminent-as-23-clubs-express-interest-in-national-second-division/

Theyd need some cash and poach the best from round here to compete.

So who would be in the all-stars team?

ForeverRed
06-03-2023, 06:21 PM
What a waste of $5000

Imyourhero
06-03-2023, 06:36 PM
Whose travelling to Valentine to support our NSD team

Eastwest
06-03-2023, 06:38 PM

all you cunce would. football tragics all of ya

Aegon
06-03-2023, 06:42 PM

I’ll travel the 2mins total :)

Sideline
06-03-2023, 11:42 PM
Good on them personally I think it's a good thing atleast 1 from the area has had a go, it's not about their current squad, form etc it gives players from the local area a chance to play in it if they are successful in their submission, if they are not then hey atleast they tried personally I would be more interested watching that competition then the current garbage the a league dishes up, why pay out on them or call them a joke for trying ..............

Taffy
07-03-2023, 09:07 AM
Their message said funding was given from overseas investment. Do we reckon it is UAE, Saudi, Qatari or Chinese money?

VelkiKurac
07-03-2023, 01:11 PM
Their message said funding was given from overseas investment. Do we reckon it is UAE, Saudi, Qatari or Chinese money?

I’m hearing Chinese investment.

Milland
07-03-2023, 01:12 PM
I heard it’s from Nigeria. Some guy sent an email about an inheritance for a substantial amount of money!

On a serious note, who cares where it’s coming from. If the so called big clubs are happy winning the local NPL, then good on Valentine for being a little more ambitious. Let’s hope it’s a pathway for local talent, I’m over the Western Sydney Jets lack of local representation.

W8 WATCHER
07-03-2023, 01:15 PM
I’m hearing Chinese investment.

im hearing, all the horn sales from captain carl, is funding the phoenix.

looks like when you want to sack a crap employee, to remove them, they get promoted??

Taffy
07-03-2023, 01:38 PM
Let’s hope it’s a pathway for local talent, I’m over the Western Sydney Jets lack of local representation.

We have 5 currently. Soon to be 6.

GashArmy
07-03-2023, 01:42 PM

looks like when you want to sack a crap employee, to remove them, they get promoted??

Are you talking about your own coaching credentials?

W8 WATCHER
07-03-2023, 02:10 PM
Are you talking about your own coaching credentials?

lol
no yours

Milland
07-03-2023, 05:08 PM
We have 5 currently. Soon to be 6.

Who are the 5 - Hoffman, Goodman & Thurgate - who are the other two and soon to be sixth?

Do you think 5 is enough? We are getting off track here because this is a NNSW NPL forum. In any event, our Newcastle team should represent NNSW (not bring in 20 players from everywhere else).

Captain_Carl
07-03-2023, 06:00 PM

I already have the merchandise deal in place with the new owners and I have exclusive rights on the horns. I will also be selling Valo undies.

WOW2.0
07-03-2023, 06:55 PM
It's nice to learn that foreign investment is being attracted to the potential 2nd tier...especially since our Jets can't find an owner (they are probably asking for too much)

Taffy
08-03-2023, 09:56 AM
Who are the 5 - Hoffman, Goodman & Thurgate - who are the other two and soon to be sixth?

Do you think 5 is enough? We are getting off track here because this is a NNSW NPL forum. In any event, our Newcastle team should represent NNSW (not bring in 20 players from everywhere else).

Hoffman, Goodwin, Thurgate, James, Ingham, strong rumour that Dowse will be signed.

Jets should be getting the best players, while they do and should be developing players from NNSW they also need to be competitive.

Aegon
08-03-2023, 10:22 AM
Lets move the Jets talk over to the jets area of the forum.

Keep this thread focused on the NPL Men's Competition.

Eastwest
08-03-2023, 04:35 PM
Lets move the Jets talk over to the jets area of the forum.

Keep this thread focused on the NPL Men's Competition.

It is about NPL. Taking about ex local players who have come through NPL and or jets and future NPL players that might make it to the 2nd division.

You can put the ego away now.

Devon Sangas
08-03-2023, 10:56 PM
Weekend predictions?

Edgeworth 2 - 2 Magic
New Lambton 0 - 2 Maitland
Jaffas 1 - 1 Weston
Cooks Hill 2 - 1 Adamstown
Lakes 1 - 1 Olympic
Azzurri 2 - 0 Valentine

Hurricane
09-03-2023, 12:09 AM
Edgy 2 - 1 Magic
New Lambton 1 - 4 Maitland
Jaffas 3 - 1 Weston
Cooks Hill 2 - 2 Adamstown
Lakes 1 - 5 Olympic
Azzurri 1 - 1 Valentine

magician
09-03-2023, 05:45 AM
McBreen back to edgy
Very interesting

Hurricane
09-03-2023, 06:45 AM
McBreen back to edgy
Very interesting
To play or coach

Jardelsimage
09-03-2023, 06:57 AM
To play or coach

play

W8 WATCHER
09-03-2023, 12:07 PM
Edgy 3 - 1 Magic
New Lambton 1 - 2 Maitland
Jaffas 3 - 3 Weston
Cooks Hill 3 - 2 Adamstown
Lakes 1 - 2 Olympic
Azzurri 2 - 1 Valentine

Aegon
09-03-2023, 03:10 PM
https://www.northernnswfootball.com.au/news/npl-mens-nnsw-round-two-preview-edgeworth-and-magic-ignite-old-rivalry?fbclid=IwAR0RpipeRmFTpm8BkgaMFDleAc_eQFbFt uH_rWHmRn21Qi1p0PFjXJK8h6Q

Match of the Round
Edgeworth FC v Broadmeadow Magic
Jack McLaughlan Oval, Sunday 2.30pm

Riding high from first round victories something must give when Edgeworth ignite their rivalry with Broadmeadow Magic on Sunday afternoon.

Edgeworth coach Peter McGuinness is acutely aware of the history between the two clubs.

"There's always a bit of rivalry between the two clubs. It should be a tough one," McGuinness said.

"I watched them on Friday night, they are very dangerous when they win the ball in transition.

"They have Jared Baker and Bailey Wells who are very good on the ball, very powerful runners on the ball, we have to watch for that.

"We are looking forward to playing at our home ground against our rivals.

"In pre-season we played some pretty attractive football but that's the beauty of pre-season, there's no pressure.

"Come game day, sometimes you have to throw that out the window to get the result, so we'll just make sure that we're up for it.”

Broadmeadow Magic coach John Bennis welcomed the challenge and said he knew what was in store.

"Edgeworth will have their tails up after the first round win. Pete and [assistant coach] Gary [Wilson] will have them firing and we are looking forward to the test,” Bennis said.

"They have always been a tough opponent and are back in front of their home fans which will ensure it will be even tougher.

"We are hoping to have Keanu Moore back from injury this week. It will be the first time he has returned to Edgeworth since he came to Broadmeadow.

"Jake Harris will return after having a wedding commitment last Friday. We are still waiting to get clearance for Ben Diamond but are hoping he will be available for the clash.

"Our group is nursing a few knocks and bruises after some heavy contacts against Weston. We will look to go to Edgeworth with a positive mindset and keep building off our first round result.”

New Lambton FC v Maitland FC
Alder Park, Saturday 2.30pm

For 23 minutes of the opening round Maitland looked like the team who finished premiers last season and the Magpies will look to restamp their authority on the competition against newcomers New Lambton at Alder Park on Saturday.

Two-time reigning Northern League One premiers New Lambton enjoy another Saturday home fixture and will hope their passionate supporters can be the 12th man to help kick-start their season.

For 45 minutes New Lambton held Charlestown Azzurri scoreless. That is their platform to work from.

"We take a lot of confidence from last week's game against Charlestown but we know we have to bring that hard work rate for every game," New Lambton coach Thomas Davies said.

"We are looking forward to the challenge this weekend of hosting last season’s premiers.

"It was fantastic to have men's National Premier League football at Alder Park last week and I hope we see the same support again this weekend.

"We will wait until later in the week to see whether Sam Maxwell and Dom Smith are fit for selection.”

Meanwhile, Maitland’s rescheduled round one match against Lambton Jaffas will be replayed in full, with details to be confirmed this week. The match was abandoned after Lambton defender Luke Remington suffered a horrific broken leg.

Lake Macquarie City FC v Newcastle Olympic
Macquarie Field, Saturday 2.30pm

Lake Macquarie City will look to plug the gaps in defence after conceding five goals against Cooks Hill in the opening round when they host Newcastle Olympic on Saturday.

The boys from Speers Point struggled when defending the long ball over the top against Cooks Hill and will need to plug the gaps.

There were signs of optimism in the last 10 minutes when Lake Macquarie scored two goals and chased the game, showing they did not lack fitness or heart.

Lake Macquarie coach Steve Piggott provided insights from the team's post-mortem.

"We have reviewed our performance as a group and we should see an improvement in a few areas - transition, urgency, pass completions and desperation in back third," Piggott said.

"We have no new players for selection this weekend. I'm not sure if Tim Davies' injury will rule him out. We will assess him on Thursday."

Newcastle Olympic looked strong and fit in their opening fixture against Edgeworth but lacked creativity in the final third.

They will be aiming to remedy last week's goalscoring woes and put three points on the board against the side that ran last in 2022.

Cooks Hill United v Adamstown Rosebud
No 2 Sportsground, Saturday 3pm

Fresh from blasting five goals in round one, Cooks Hill United will look to continue their early season form against Adamstown Rosebud on Saturday afternoon.

Former Kiwi international Chris Zorocich has instilled an attacking brand of football creating chances from every part of the pitch.

"[I’m] looking forward to another home game to hopefully continue the momentum of our opening game win," Zorocich said.

"We are under no illusions that it will be a tough game though. We have a couple of niggles but no real serious injury concerns for the match.”

In a game of fine margins, Adamstown Rosebud were on the wrong end of a narrow 1-0 loss to Valentine FC in round one and will seek to convert their possession into goals.

Cooks Hill and Adamstown Rosebud finished ninth and 10th respectively last year and will both target this as three points for the taking.

Lambton Jaffas v Weston Bears
Rockwell Automation Park, Saturday 6pm

Weston matched last year's runners-up Broadmeadow Magic for large periods in round one and will need to repeat that effort when they take on reigning champions Lambton on Saturday night.

The Bears’ discipline and positional play stifled the Magic attack and restricted them to playing outside the danger areas for long periods.

Former Dutch international and new Bears coach Kew Jaliens is instilling a culture which includes reflection and learning. Conceding two penalties in three minutes was top of the agenda during the week.

"Monday is recovery and a talk with the team and from there, we build on," Jalien said.

“I will recap on the game we played against Broadmeadow and then provide some information on what we need to work on in training.

"And then we're really going to kick off."

Weston have three new players which will bring quality to the spine of the team.

The Bears’ 19-year-old Dutch defender Alessandro Ouwerkerk arrived from Holland last week, 29-year-old Japanese midfielder Yuta Kongaya flew in from Greece where he was playing for Zakynthos and 27-year-old Connor Heydon will add creativity in attack.

Although Weston has added international flair, nobody is guaranteed a starting place.

"[Ouwerkerk, Kongaya and Heydon are] looking good. We're going to test them this week,” Jaliens said.

"See how everybody is but like you saw against the Magic, the other boys are good enough to do the job as well.

"So, in that regard, it won't be the end of the world if they're not playing, there will be good competition in the team.

"It will push us harder, to a higher level, but I reckon with the team we had against Magic, we were good enough to get a win if we are able to play our own game.

"Come Saturday, the new boys will have been with us for two weeks. They will have more conditioning under their belt, so I'm going for a better performance team wise and individual wise for next week."

For 23 minutes of their round one clash with Maitland, Lambton Jaffas looked every inch the team that lifted the championship last year.

But their round one match was abandoned when defender Luke Remington suffered a horrific broken ankle.

The Lambton Jaffas have been rallying around “Remo.”

"Not the ideal preparation with Friday nights round one game. The guys have all been affected pretty badly by Luke's injury," Jaffas coach David Tanchevski said.

"We try to regroup and start again this Saturday against Weston.

"Returning from injury this week we have Kale Bradbury, Riley McNaughton and Scott Pettit. Out through injury is Reece Papas with his hamstring and Luke Remington.

"Luke Remington had surgery on Monday night. The surgeon said he had done a lot of damage to it, so he had to put an extra plate in.

"Luke is still in pretty severe pain after surgery and still in hospital for another couple of days. We are just all trying to rally around him at the moment and keep his spirits high.”

Tanchevski set up a GoFundMe page to help with Remington’s rehabilitation costs.

Lambton will host the match at Weston's Rockwell Automation Park, with the Jaffas' home ground at Arthur Edden Oval unavailable.

Aegon
09-03-2023, 03:10 PM
Exceeded maximum character limit....

Charlestown Azzurri v Valentine FC
Lisle Carr Oval, Sunday 2.30pm

Charlestown Azzurri somehow held onto three points against NPL newcomers New Lambton last weekend, with discipline an aspect they will need to improve when they host Valentine on Sunday.

Taylor Regan was immense in defence with Azzurri reduced to eight players following three send offs in their 1-0 win over the Golden Eagles. Charlestown will welcome back former Newcastle Jets captain Nigel Boogard, who missed the opening round.

Charlestown are dangerous at set pieces with a formidable aerial threat in Rene Ferguson and Boogard.

Valentine will want to prevent giving away needless free kicks and corners.

Valentine coach Adam Hughes was pleased with last week's three points against Adamstown Rosebud, a platform to build on.

"Our group continues to work hard and keep building into the season," Hughes said.

"Charlestown have some talented players which we are looking forward to coming up against and we don't have any injuries."

It has already been a big week for Valentine, with the club one of 32 from across Australia to submit an expression of interest for the men’s National Second Tier competition.

Devon Sangas
10-03-2023, 08:45 PM
McBreen back to edgy
Very interesting

I think this is good for the league. He's a character and probably still a handy footballer. Edgeworth dark horses this year?

Milland
10-03-2023, 09:08 PM
I think this is good for the league. He's a character and probably still a handy footballer. Edgeworth dark horses this year?

I think McBreen was a good player but what does this say about Edgeworth’s youth development? How many players in Edgeworth’s senior squad have come through their youth NPL program?

Aegon
10-03-2023, 09:19 PM
Whatever the plans were, McBreen isn't playing this year.

magician
11-03-2023, 05:25 PM
9-1 maitland
What a laugh
NL nowhere near the standard
Standard last yr was terrible, but let’s add another team

ForeverRed
11-03-2023, 05:57 PM
So who we blaming here, you can’t blame the club, when you have lakes, cooksshill , rosebuds Valentine & Weston doing nothing why would you add another team, typical NNSWF brainsnap, as soon as promotion & relegation is installed the better the comp

sapdad
11-03-2023, 06:24 PM
So who we blaming here, you can’t blame the club, when you have lakes, cooksshill , rosebuds Valentine & Weston doing nothing why would you add another team, typical NNSWF brainsnap, as soon as promotion & relegation is installed the better the comp

If you add NL with those 5 clubs you mentioned into a 2nd division with the top clubs already there,it would be a fantastic competition.How hard is it for NNSW to see that and have direct pro/rel and be done with it?

anfield
11-03-2023, 06:33 PM
9-1 maitland
What a laugh
NL nowhere near the standard
Standard last yr was terrible, but let’s add another team

It is terrible, simple. It's the first thing the new NNSW boss should fix. Id make NPL a 10 team competition. Newcastle and the Hunter are a lot smaller in population then Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane so the competition needs to reflect that as there isn't enough quality.

GashArmy
11-03-2023, 07:46 PM
Will be interesting to see how NL bounce back from the dubbing, let’s not forget they are second division side who didn’t really recruit any decent players

magician
11-03-2023, 07:59 PM
Will be interesting to see how NL bounce back from the dubbing, let’s not forget they are second division side who didn’t really recruit any decent players

Not about NL at all. About the clowns who run the show.
Do a 8 team npl comp
2 divisions
Relegation
Then it will be worth watching
Not keep adding teams

The Magician
11-03-2023, 08:12 PM
Magic beat West Wallsend 13-0... they lasted another 8 years in NBN...
Magic beat Jets Youth 10-2... they got promoted to Sydney NPL...
Magic beat Valentine 10-2... the put in for National Second Division.

Just a bad day at the office.

11-03-2023, 08:16 PM
Currently 3-0 Weston Over
Jaffas with 35m to go… Weston seem to have recruited well . Could be a darky?

magician
11-03-2023, 09:45 PM
Currently 3-0 Weston Over
Jaffas with 35m to go… Weston seem to have recruited well . Could be a darky?

Still trying to figure out what the 3 red cards are for.
Another embarrassment

Blueboy
11-03-2023, 09:55 PM
Another embarrassment

Typical Newcastle referees . Absolutely useless .

Two tone
11-03-2023, 10:01 PM

So why didn’t Broadmeadow apply for the National Second Division?
Just asking for a friend.

the-deviant
11-03-2023, 10:17 PM
Don’t have the backing of a large investor I would guess.

Bremsstrahlung
11-03-2023, 10:42 PM

What was your take on events?

The Magician
12-03-2023, 01:00 AM
So why didn’t Broadmeadow apply for the National Second Division?
Just asking for a friend.

If we were going to throw away 1.2 million dollars, Magic Park would be a synthetic surface firstly.

travellingman
12-03-2023, 11:18 AM

You can't blame the current NNSW board for this decision. It was made before they were installed. If you want to blame anyone , blame Eland and the previous board.
Club must take some blame for not recruiting players.

anfield
12-03-2023, 11:34 AM
You can't blame the current NNSW board for this decision. It was made before they were installed. If you want to blame anyone , blame Eland and the previous board.
Club must take some blame for not recruiting players.

It doesn't really matter now who made the decision, what matters is that it's corrected. Seasons end, the bottom 2 should be relegated. Simple...

The point is there isn't enough quality NPL standard players for 12 teams. Hence recruiting is extremely difficult without breaking the bank.

Milland
12-03-2023, 12:20 PM

I hear there is a shortage of referees. Maybe you should be a referee! I can tell you that I would hate to be a referee in this fishbowl town, the moment anything happens in a game, 22 players and 50 spectators all yell out to the referee!

When a player does the wrong thing and gets sent off, everyone blames the referee. I watched the send offs (Jaffas V Weston) on Bar TV (I only saw two) and they were both red cards. Last week's Charlestown send offs were all correct. There is a hate the referee culture in this town that is on another level.

Local Rules
12-03-2023, 12:32 PM
Another embarrassment

Thought the referee handled the situation well especially when an ex A league player wants to be in the centre of everything. Weston Red card I would say was for the late shoulder charge on the player which would have been deemed violent conduct. First Lambton Card (Player No 15) was for the same action that the Maitland player was sent off in the Grand final, he struck the player, only Weston No 2 didn't flop, and second Lambton red card (Player No 4) was a second yellow for his participation in the event.

Not useless unless by any stretch of the imagination

magician
12-03-2023, 05:24 PM
Thought the referee handled the situation well especially when an ex A league player wants to be in the centre of everything. Weston Red card I would say was for the late shoulder charge on the player which would have been deemed violent conduct. First Lambton Card (Player No 15) was for the same action that the Maitland player was sent off in the Grand final, he struck the player, only Weston No 2 didn't flop, and second Lambton red card (Player No 4) was a second yellow for his participation in the event.

Not useless unless by any stretch of the imagination

Yep and the red card got cleared as a clear error. Good try tho

Eastwest
12-03-2023, 06:32 PM

No they didnt. They compressed and 3rd and 4th div together.

Cyou maybe winning but ultimately still a chest beating grub club. enjoy

The Magician
12-03-2023, 08:21 PM
No they didnt. They compressed and 3rd and 4th div together.

Cyou maybe winning but ultimately still a chest beating grub club. enjoy

Cut your son did we

Devon Sangas
12-03-2023, 09:50 PM
Anyway, back to the footy.

Edgeworth were better than Magic today. They could be real contenders for the premiership.

Azzurri game sounded pretty straightforward for them. No red cards so they'll be happy

GashArmy
12-03-2023, 11:41 PM
Anyway, back to the footy.

Edgeworth were better than Magic today. They could be real contenders for the premiership.

Azzurri game sounded pretty straightforward for them. No red cards so they'll be happy

Went out and watched edgy- look very sharp, magic look like they’ve lost some structure since DZ departure.

Anyone checked in on the eagles? They want back in on the second division yet, hurts to say this but they’ll be severely found out this year.

jessepinkman
13-03-2023, 03:28 AM
Went out and watched edgy- look very sharp, magic look like they’ve lost some structure since DZ departure.

Anyone checked in on the eagles? They want back in on the second division yet, hurts to say this but they’ll be severely found out this year.

There is no pro rel this year. Their status in the first division is not reliant on results.

Why would they want back into the 2nd div? Are you that thin skinned personally, or maybe can’t see the bigger picture?

The Foley era in newfm seems a distant memory for some. I remember the 23s keeper coming on on the field for firsts in a game.

Short timeframe later they made established newfm clubs look like the pub teams they actually are.

They’re a good club and they’ll have a plan on how and when to build - but without promotion and relegation, in a league where 50% of the players are state league Sydney qualify at best… why would you spend money to recruit? They’re giving the lads that won the league over and over the right to have a shot in the league above. They’re not spending club money on overpriced wannabes in newy football, they’re building their infrastructure and securing financials off the pitch… what do you want clubs to do lol?

ForeverRed
13-03-2023, 07:34 AM
There is no pro rel this year. Their status in the first division is not reliant on results.

Why would they want back into the 2nd div? Are you that thin skinned personally, or maybe can’t see the bigger picture?

The Foley era in newfm seems a distant memory for some. I remember the 23s keeper coming on on the field for firsts in a game.

Short timeframe later they made established newfm clubs look like the pub teams they actually are.

They’re a good club and they’ll have a plan on how and when to build - but without promotion and relegation, in a league where 50% of the players are state league Sydney qualify at best… why would you spend money to recruit? They’re giving the lads that won the league over and over the right to have a shot in the league above. They’re not spending club money on overpriced wannabes in newy football, they’re building their infrastructure and securing financials off the pitch… what do you want clubs to do lol?
Compete 🤷*♂️

GashArmy
13-03-2023, 07:54 AM

From the word on the street they spent the last few years rolling around in a rolls Royce in a pub comp, players will be eventually found out.

You just want to see them be competing in the premier competition but as shown, they’ve got pub level players in a premier competition.

W8 WATCHER
13-03-2023, 08:10 AM
Compete 🤷*♂️
Wow
Don't throw stones in glass houses FR

sapdad
13-03-2023, 10:23 AM

Its been 2 games.You do realise that Lakes,Valo,Olympic just to name a few will also get found out this year.Just pay attention to the clubs that are improving and how they are doing it,a bit of patience might be good for everyone.To be fair some people in and around the place talked up their chances a bit especially in youth but most people there are aware of the challenges ahead.

travellingman
13-03-2023, 10:33 AM

Maybe they are saving up all the money from the JDL and youth kids till they can go on a spending splurge.
If NNSW cut the fees on JDL and youth back to say $800 a lot of clubs will struggle to pay the players what they are on now. Which is over the odds for the quality of players.

ForeverRed
13-03-2023, 10:52 AM
Wow
Don't throw stones in glass houses FR
Wow, why so defensive, I answered a simple question, I expect all clubs to do the same