PDA

View Full Version : 2023 Zone Premier League

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Killa
27-03-2023, 01:41 PM
So the Top 2 looks pretty nailed on. Warners Bay probably the most likely out of the rest of the comp who could give it a shake up.

Hard to gauge how Azzurri will go, they've lost a few players but also picked up a few. Losing their Skipper and probably their best GK of the last few years was a big loss but seems like they have picked up Lachlan Watson who was Cooks Hill NPL GK for a bit as well as Sydney NPL IIRC. New coach too. Think they will float around 4th-7th spot on the ladder.

Lofty
27-03-2023, 01:56 PM
With round 19 nearly complete, there's still a lot of football to be played. I don't think we will get a good look at teams until after round 3 or 4.

jandysardine
27-03-2023, 02:41 PM
So the Top 2 looks pretty nailed on. Warners Bay probably the most likely out of the rest of the comp who could give it a shake up.

Hard to gauge how Azzurri will go, they've lost a few players but also picked up a few. Losing their Skipper and probably their best GK of the last few years was a big loss but seems like they have picked up Lachlan Watson who was Cooks Hill NPL GK for a bit as well as Sydney NPL IIRC. New coach too. Think they will float around 4th-7th spot on the ladder.

think they will struggle

losing their goalscorer from the last few seasons will hurt them

The Hacker
27-03-2023, 02:57 PM

Only 21 rounds left. A team only needs to pick up the odd player snd they will move up. Kotara will be there abouts this year especially if they pick Chase back up

Zonal Marking
27-03-2023, 03:17 PM
That won’t be the last time Dudley win by 7 or more

You’re right. They have to play Cardiff again :rof:

Alton
28-03-2023, 09:14 AM
What is happening at Cardiff Mario?

Lofty
28-03-2023, 09:35 AM

It's one game. The first game and against a strong side at a hard place to go. Not the first time a team has started slow and won't be the last.

In saying that, they've got a seriously tough start with Warners Bay, Azzurri, Mayfield and Olympic to come. Will need to pick things up pretty quickly.

Jardelsimage
28-03-2023, 01:01 PM

all good at this point, had some issues with numbers.
Picked a few more players late last week and they didn't play, which didn't help playing a Dudley side which as one of the faithful said "this could be best Dudley side he has seen".

Don't shoot me down either, i am only quoting one of them, who bleeds black and white.

It will take us a couple of more weeks to get going, but we are still here in the ZPL alive and kicking.

cheers

ZLWB
28-03-2023, 11:13 PM
I would of stayed if they weren’t playing 11 traffic cones

Dudley lost their Captain to injury from a rubbish challenge before a goal had been scored. They could have been even stronger

The Hacker
29-03-2023, 08:17 AM
Dudley lost their Captain to injury from a rubbish challenge before a goal had been scored. They could have been even stronger

It was a crude challenge. It was Cardiff?s captain and all he did was run around kicking people all half. I guess when he couldn?t get close to getting a kick of the actual ball or half he had to fill his time in somehow. I was surprised he didn?t get 2 yellows in the first half

Jardelsimage
29-03-2023, 12:38 PM

and we lost out CB just before halftime also, so the 2nd half could have been less???

**** me, is that the best you can fish with....

The Hacker
29-03-2023, 03:19 PM
Did Mayfield and Belswans get on last night

UniMen
29-03-2023, 03:44 PM
Did Mayfield and Belswans get on last night

Got rescheduled to April 4th

ZLWB
30-03-2023, 08:49 AM
and we lost out CB just before halftime also, so the 2nd half could have been less???

**** me, is that the best you can fish with....

Not fishing Mario, just making what I think is a valid point. Dudley were very good but were weakened early. I don’t think the subsequent comment about their captain is accurate - it definitely wasn’t him who made the bad “tackle” (there was no attempt to tackle anyway).
Also, Dudley will beat plenty of sides this year. I don’t think anyone should be reaching for the panic button after one game.
This same team beat NL team Kahibah 4-0 in a trial .
Everything is relative.
Let’s see the results after 3-4 rounds.

Kicktheball
30-03-2023, 09:26 AM
Not fishing Mario, just making what I think is a valid point. Dudley were very good but were weakened early. I don?t think the subsequent comment about their captain is accurate - it definitely wasn?t him who made the bad ?tackle? (there was no attempt to tackle anyway).
Also, Dudley will beat plenty of sides this year. I don?t think anyone should be reaching for the panic button after one game.
This same team beat NL team Kahibah 4-0 in a trial .
Everything is relative.
Let?s see the results after 3-4 rounds.

I believe they also beat Thornton newfm 4-0 in the Australian Cup last night.

ForeverRed
30-03-2023, 12:09 PM
I believe they also beat Thornton newfm 4-0 in the Australian Cup last night.
Correct

Zonal Marking
31-03-2023, 08:28 AM
Round 2 Predictions

Cardiff 2 Swansea 2
Suns 4 Westlakes 2
Azzurri 2 Minmi 1
Olympic 1 Mayfield 1
Kotara 2 Dudley 2
WBay 3 Uni 0

gtg
31-03-2023, 10:36 AM
Cardiff 1-2 Swansea
Suns 5-1 Westlakes
Azzurri 1-1 Minmi
Olympic 0-2 Mayfield
Kotara 0-6 Dudley
Warners Bay 2-0 Uni

Halligooner
31-03-2023, 10:56 AM
Cardiff 1-1 Swansea
Suns 3-0 Westlakes
Azzurri 2-0 Minmi
Olympic 3-1 Mayfield
Kotara 1-3 Dudley
Warners Bay 4-0 Uni

WWFC25
31-03-2023, 03:39 PM
Cardiff 2-1 Swansea
Suns 2-2 Westlakes
Azzurri 2-1 Minmi
Olympic 1-1 Mayfield
Kotara 1-5 Dudley
Warners Bay 4-0 Uni

FairPlay2022
31-03-2023, 04:48 PM
Cardiff 1-2 Swansea
Suns 5-2 Westlakes
Azzurri 1-0 Minmi
Olympic 1-2 Mayfield
Kotara 1-3 Dudley
Warners Bay 4-1 Uni

Kingofthemiddle
31-03-2023, 06:12 PM
Swansea 3-1
Suns 5-1
Azzuri minmi 2 all
Olympic 1 nil
Dudley 6-0
Wbay 5-1

The Hacker
31-03-2023, 11:16 PM
People picking Dudley 6-0 and 5-0 is pretty disrespectful to Kotara. Kotara have been pretty good pretty good this year and to think Dudley will pump everyone is unrealistic. I?m a supporter of Dudley but Kotara will get at least a point

WWFC25
01-04-2023, 05:46 PM
Westlakes vs Suns
3rds 0-9
Res 0-2
1sts 1-2

ZLWB
01-04-2023, 06:30 PM
People picking Dudley 6-0 and 5-0 is pretty disrespectful to Kotara. Kotara have been pretty good pretty good this year and to think Dudley will pump everyone is unrealistic. I?m a supporter of Dudley but Kotara will get at least a point

Prophetic words

WWFC25
01-04-2023, 06:44 PM

Hacker is playing chess while the rest of us are playing checkers!

Shaping up as an interesting season just after 2 rounds.

MurderOnZidanesFloor
01-04-2023, 07:33 PM
Good day for Suns.
Any other results?

The Debt Collector
01-04-2023, 07:47 PM
Cardiff v Swansea
1sts 3-4
Reserves 1-3
3rds 4-0

The Swans have bounced back this week with in a back and forth match getting a victory over a valiant Cardiff side.

The Cardiff Cats will have to learn how to be gentle inside the box, getting too excited and tackling prematurely, giving away 2 penalties with 1 converted and 1 missed by the Swans.

The Swans chances this week were greatly enhanced with the newly formed Centre Back extraordinaire, William The ZPL Bad Boy McMaster being ruled out with a grade 3 Heartlidge after getting burnt by the Suns

Hopefully the ZPL Bad Boy can return in time for the inaugural Pride round clash against Azzurri

Zonal Marking
01-04-2023, 08:41 PM
Hacker is playing chess while the rest of us are playing checkers!

Shaping up as an interesting season just after 2 rounds.

Did Kotara beat Dudley? I picked a draw so maybe Im not far off the chess board :grin:

holding_midfield
01-04-2023, 08:45 PM
Firsts 3-1 Kotara
Res 0-0
3rds 1-2 Dudley

Kye_Fauchon
01-04-2023, 08:46 PM
So from results as of late, I?m gathering that Suns and Azzurri are the teams to watch in the competition. Might be a long year for Dudley?

Zonal Marking
01-04-2023, 09:01 PM
So from results as of late, I?m gathering that Suns and Azzurri are the teams to watch in the competition. Might be a long year for Dudley?

How on earth have you come to that conclusion?

Kye_Fauchon
01-04-2023, 09:03 PM
Good point, suns only just beat westlakes

Zonal Marking
01-04-2023, 09:12 PM
Good point, suns only just beat westlakes

I was referring more to Azzurri. Beating two newly promoted teams to start the season and now they are suddenly ‘one of the teams to watch’

Kye_Fauchon
01-04-2023, 09:20 PM
I was referring more to Azzurri. Beating two newly promoted teams to start the season and now they are suddenly ‘one of the teams to watch’

Pretty ignorant comment from you mate, jog on.

Lofty
01-04-2023, 09:36 PM
God love the ZPL. Elite tier of Newcastle football. Shaping up to be a cracking season as always. Hope everyone enjoys the Easter break!

Zonal Marking
01-04-2023, 10:04 PM
Pretty ignorant comment from you mate, jog on.

One loss and you suggest Dudley the team who have been beating NPL1 teams by 4+ goals might be in for a long year yet im the one who is being ignorant? I think there is a village somewhere missing their idiot!

MurderOnZidanesFloor
01-04-2023, 10:53 PM

Azzurri are most definitely going to be hard to beat this year.
Suns always have a tonne of talent in there first 11, but seem to lack depth compared to other squads.
As for Dudley, quality side, but for someone to say it?s the best team they have ever fielded is a stretch. Couldn?t even get past a Kotara side who were down on numbers. 5 and 6 nil predictions, people need to wake up.

Kye_Fauchon
02-04-2023, 02:43 AM
One loss and you suggest Dudley the team who have been beating NPL1 teams by 4+ goals might be in for a long year yet im the one who is being ignorant? I think there is a village somewhere missing their idiot!

Judging from the reply?s, there?s only one idiot. Keep doing you mate, but just leave it in the zl2 thread. Loser

The Hacker
02-04-2023, 10:17 AM
Azzurri are most definitely going to be hard to beat this year.
Suns always have a tonne of talent in there first 11, but seem to lack depth compared to other squads.
As for Dudley, quality side, but for someone to say it?s the best team they have ever fielded is a stretch. Couldn?t even get past a Kotara side who were down on numbers. 5 and 6 nil predictions, people need to wake up.

Dudley had what looked like 5 players that started the week before start yesterday. Not sure where the other half of the team was. Kotara played what was in front of them and deserved the points. Anyone at Dudley tell us where the other half of the team was. Surely not that many injuries already

Devon Sangas
02-04-2023, 10:52 AM
Dudley had what looked like 5 players that started the week before start yesterday. Not sure where the other half of the team was. Kotara played what was in front of them and deserved the points. Anyone at Dudley tell us where the other half of the team was. Surely not that many injuries already

Injuries from the Cup game

The Hacker
02-04-2023, 01:09 PM
Injuries from the Cup game

Lucky there is a week off

UniMen
02-04-2023, 06:10 PM
W?Bay v Uni
Firsts 3-1
Res 5-2
Thirds 2-3

reddevil17
02-04-2023, 06:19 PM
Why was such a great emphasis taken on the Aus cup? Poor judgement here it seems

gtg
03-04-2023, 10:58 AM
I was referring more to Azzurri. Beating two newly promoted teams to start the season and now they are suddenly ?one of the teams to watch?

Correction: they had a draw last week with Newcastle Olympic.

We had, give or take, five of our best XI out. If you look at my prediction, I still thought we could get the job done comfortably however I grossly underestimated the Kotara Bears. They have this one guy up front, tall with a shaved or short haircut who was really high quality. He's been there for a few years and keeps getting better.

Taffy
03-04-2023, 11:03 AM

Kotara showed them all up

Zonal Marking
03-04-2023, 04:41 PM
Correction: they had a draw last week with Newcastle Olympic.

Apologies. That is however a great result for newly promoted Olympic against ?one of the teams to watch? this season though!

Kye_Fauchon
03-04-2023, 05:22 PM
Apologies. That is however a great result for newly promoted Olympic against ?one of the teams to watch? this season though!

You are a serial pervert conman that probably likes Croatia.

Kingofthemiddle
03-04-2023, 06:28 PM
So the predictions that were had were off a bit,still not sure how a prediction is considered disrespectful when it?s a personal thought on a game with the information available at that point(may be a few changes in tips this week),similar to a weatherman getting it wrong every time???

Lofty
04-04-2023, 02:01 PM
Australia Cup draw

Charlestown Azzurri v Suns
Kotara v Dudley
Mayfield/Belswans v Toronto
Westalkes/Southy v Singleton

Games to be played by Fri 21 April

WWFC25
04-04-2023, 10:59 PM
Southy vs Westlakes
4-1

Taffy
05-04-2023, 09:15 AM
Southy vs Westlakes
4-1

Expected result, saw on facebook that South Cardiff put in a 14yo as keeper.

Lord Elland
05-04-2023, 11:34 AM
Correct, supposedly this kid has been getting chased by npl clubs for a while

WWFC25
05-04-2023, 12:58 PM
Very tidy and very confident coming off his line to close down the shots.
Had no chance for the one we put past him.

Just happy to have it done so we can enjoy our Easter break and then focus on the season ahead.

Taffy
05-04-2023, 02:09 PM

Unless they are offering him starting senior spots why would he go? May as well get the experience when young and then be a far better keeper at 18 than NPL keepers playing their age group

WWFC25
06-04-2023, 01:51 AM
Westlakes vs Mayfield Catchup
3rds 0-5
Res 3-4

First grade to be played next Tuesday 11th April

travellingman
06-04-2023, 01:55 PM

If at 14 he is being chased by NPL clubs for what age?
If they are chasing for his age group, I can understand but not for Seniors, if he is of that caliber he would be in the Jets or Mariners programs.
It was an Australia Cup game, so it is a good opportunity to see where he is at?

Lofty
06-04-2023, 02:42 PM
If at 14 he is being chased by NPL clubs for what age?
If they are chasing for his age group, I can understand but not for Seniors, if he is of that caliber he would be in the Jets or Mariners programs.
It was an Australia Cup game, so it is a good opportunity to see where he is at?

I'd rather shit talk Croatia instead of a 14 year old keeper at Southy that's being chased by NPL.

Kotara v Dudley Australia Cup on Tuesday should be a good watch.

Westlakes v Mayfield Tuesday night also.

travellingman
06-04-2023, 04:14 PM
I'd rather shit talk Croatia instead of a 14 year old keeper at Southy that's being chased by NPL.

How is it shit talking?
I just made a comment

Kye Fauchon
06-04-2023, 06:21 PM
Hearing rumours that there is a bit of tension amongst the Dudley players. Curious as to whether this is after the recent loss, or just too many egos. Either way don?t be surprised if they struggle this season

Kye Fauchon
06-04-2023, 06:26 PM
Hearing there is some tension amongst the Dudley players at the moment. Just curious if this is due to the recent loss, or too many egos in the team. Either way dont be surprised if they struggle this season

Oldy
06-04-2023, 09:40 PM

And the dh starts up.

First, the talk of the young lad was fine.

Second, so you like to ST? Whats it like playing for the arrogant grub club? You being an inner grub wouldnt even realize.

Now waiting for the gold chained worm farm to pile in crying outrage. :roflz::roflz::roflz::roflz:

The Hacker
06-04-2023, 09:47 PM
Hearing there is some tension amongst the Dudley players at the moment. Just curious if this is due to the recent loss, or too many egos in the team. Either way dont be surprised if they struggle this season

Keep fishing

Lord Elland
07-04-2023, 12:58 AM
I heard this kid is currently apart of the TSP despite not being at an NPL club not sure how true that is however

Lofty
07-04-2023, 01:07 AM
And the dh starts up.

Second, so you like to ST? Whats it like playing for the arrogant grub club? You being an inner grub wouldnt even realize.

Now waiting for the gold chained worm farm to pile in crying outrage. :roflz::roflz::roflz::roflz:

Haha what?? I’m just saying that talk is completely irrelevant to this thread as is Croatia. Calm your farm. You are one strange human.

ZLWB
07-04-2023, 02:13 PM
And the dh starts up.

Wtf?
Where’d all this come from? Bizarre

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Kotara v Dudley on Tuesday night will be a good match, especially in view of the recent result.
The 7.30pm start is very sociable and the weather looks promising. Time to grab the camping chairs and stubby holders and head to Nesbitt Park. Training be damned

Lofty
08-04-2023, 12:30 PM
Wtf?
Where’d all this come from? Bizarre

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Kotara v Dudley on Tuesday night will be a good match, especially in view of the recent result.
The 7.30pm start is very sociable and the weather looks promising. Time to grab the camping chairs and stubby holders and head to Nesbitt Park. Training be damned

Haha very bizarre. He’s just that type I think.

Yeah should be a good game! A shame that most others will be training otherwise would have headed over.

Kye Fauchon
11-04-2023, 01:46 PM
Wtf?
Where?d all this come from? Bizarre

Taking all reports into account, I think Dudley will struggle in this game. Think them and suns lack depth and could be in for a long year.

Zonal Marking
11-04-2023, 02:13 PM
Taking all reports into account, I think Dudley will struggle in this game. Think them and suns lack depth and could be in for a long year.

Just to clarify this peanut isn?t me. Clever play on wording by Zona?i? (Uppercase ?I?) Marking. Even had me second guessing my own sanity when I first saw this post but please don?t get annoyed or offended at my account from any posts made by this imposter.

For the record I predicted Dudley & Suns to run 1st & 2nd in the early season predictions and I stand by that.

Zonal Marking
11-04-2023, 02:20 PM
Just to clarify this peanut isn?t me. Clever play on wording by Zona?i? (Uppercase ?I?) Marking. Even had me second guessing my own sanity when I first saw this post but please don?t get annoyed or offended at my account from any posts made by this imposter.

For the record I predicted Dudley & Suns to run 1st & 2nd in the early season predictions and I stand by that.

Also I?ve got no idea why my apostrophes are showing up as question marks so sorry about that.

Lofty
11-04-2023, 03:02 PM
It's just a random with too much time on their hands. They've made two posts to suggest that Dudley, Suns and Croatia will struggle this year.

This place would be so much better across the board if people didn't hide who they were or at the very least, which club they were associated with. I realise the beauty of a forum is anonymity, but there are some fair dinkum idiots on here that love the idea of hiding behind a screen and keyboard.

Would like the idea of being able to put your club logo in your profile picture..

Kye Fauchon
11-04-2023, 06:13 PM
It's just a random with too much time on their hands. They've made two posts to suggest that Dudley, Suns and Croatia will struggle this year.

This place would be so much better across the board if people didn't hide who they were or at the very least, which club they were associated with. I realise the beauty of a forum is anonymity, but there are some fair dinkum idiots on here that love the idea of hiding behind a screen and keyboard.

Would like the idea of being able to put your club logo in your profile picture..

Just a fan of the beautiful game (soccer) Lopty.

Zonal Marking
11-04-2023, 09:07 PM
Any score updates for the heavy weight ZPL Australia Cup tie tonight?

MurderOnZidanesFloor
11-04-2023, 09:15 PM
I wonder if the numbskulls who tip Dudley 5-0 week in week out actually venture to watch them play.
At the half way mark in Australia Cup, Kotara making them look mediocre again.

WWFC25
11-04-2023, 10:10 PM
Westlakes vs Mayfield
1s 2-3

reddevil17
11-04-2023, 10:44 PM
Any score updates for the heavy weight ZPL Australia Cup tie tonight?
4.1 kotara

Left right out
12-04-2023, 12:44 AM
Guess Dudley were missing more players for the cup game tonight? 🤥

Taffy
12-04-2023, 09:08 AM
Hearing rumours that there is a bit of tension amongst the Dudley players. Curious as to whether this is after the recent loss, or just too many egos. Either way don?t be surprised if they struggle this season

They struggled last night

reddevil17
12-04-2023, 09:56 AM
Guess Dudley were missing more players for the cup game tonight? 🤥
No they just played quite poor. All the names were out there. The kotara kids made em look old to be fair

Halligooner
12-04-2023, 09:38 PM
Score predictions for this weekend?

Hoping people have returned to Earth after Easter and left the 6-0 Dudley predictions in outer space where they belong.

I'll start it off...

Olympic 3-1 Uni
Minmi 2-2 Westlakes
Kotara 3-0 Cardiff
Azzurri 2-0 Swansea
Warners Bay 1-4 Suns
Dudley 3-1 Mayfield

Zonal Marking
13-04-2023, 06:11 PM
Score predictions for this weekend?

Hoping people have returned to Earth after Easter and left the 6-0 Dudley predictions in outer space where they belong.

I'll start it off...

Olympic 3-1 Uni
Minmi 2-2 Westlakes
Kotara 3-0 Cardiff
Azzurri 2-0 Swansea
Warners Bay 1-4 Suns
Dudley 3-1 Mayfield

Olympic 2-1 Uni
Minmi 1-2 Westlakes
Kotara 4-1 Cardiff
Azzurri 3-1 Swansea
Warners Bay 2-2 Suns
Dudley 6-0 Mayfield

WWFC25
13-04-2023, 06:23 PM
Olympic 2-0 Uni
Minmi 2-4 Westlakes
Kotara 4-1 Cardiff
Azzurri 2-0 Swansea
Warners Bay 1-3 Suns
Dudley 3-3 Mayfield

ZLWB
14-04-2023, 03:51 AM
Olympic 2-1 Uni
Minmi 1-2 Westlakes
Kotara 4-1 Cardiff
Azzurri 3-1 Swansea
Warners Bay 2-2 Suns
Dudley 6-0 Mayfield

Well played

Killa
14-04-2023, 08:52 AM
Olympic 0-1 Uni
Minmi 1-4 Westlakes
Kotara 3-1 Cardiff
Azzurri 0-1 Swansea
Warners Bay 3-2 Suns
Dudley 3-0 Mayfield

gtg
14-04-2023, 11:01 AM
Olympic 1-1 Uni
Minmi 1-3 Westlakes
Kotara 3-1 Cardiff
Azzurri 1-1 Swansea
Warners Bay 2-9 Suns
Dudley 1-2 Mayfield

Killa
14-04-2023, 11:02 AM
Hearing rumours that Olympic's top scorer from last year is out for the season with a foot fracture. Tough start to their season if true

FairPlay2022
14-04-2023, 01:37 PM
Olympic 2-2 Uni
Minmi 2-2 Westlakes
Kotara 4-0 Cardiff
Azzurri 2-1 Swansea
Warners Bay 3-1 Suns
Dudley 2-0 Mayfield

Frank Jonathan Mir II
14-04-2023, 02:46 PM
Olympic 3-1 Uni
Minmi 2-1 Westlakes
Kotara 3-0 Cardiff
Azzurri 1-1 Swansea
Warnersbay 0-1 Suns
Dudley 3-2 Mayfield

WeekendWarrior
14-04-2023, 06:38 PM
Hearing rumours that Olympic's top scorer from last year is out for the season with a foot fracture. Tough start to their season if true

Assuming it's the bloke that came off early against us in round 1? He tried a toe poke from 6 yards out managing to only find the river and then subbed himself off... Pretty embarrassing for a top scorer

Wandering
15-04-2023, 09:33 AM
Minmi Vs westlakes moved to westlakes home ground

The Hacker
15-04-2023, 10:08 AM
Olympic 2-1 Uni
Minmi 1-2 Westlakes
Kotara 4-0 Cardiff
Azzurri 2-1 Swansea
Warnersbay 1-1 Suns
Dudley 2-1 Mayfield

riverboy
15-04-2023, 11:12 AM
Assuming it's the bloke that came off early against us in round 1? He tried a toe poke from 6 yards out managing to only find the river and then subbed himself off... Pretty embarrassing for a top scorer

Ridiculous comment. Not much more I can add to that.

WWFC25
15-04-2023, 05:25 PM
Westlakes vs Minmi
3rds 0-3
Res 0-2
1sts 6-2

UniMen
15-04-2023, 05:42 PM
Olympic v Uni
Firsts: 4-1
Reserves: 0-0
Thirds: 0-2

Halligooner
15-04-2023, 06:37 PM
Azzurri vs Swansea
1sts 3-0
Res 2-1
3rds 0-3

The Debt Collector
16-04-2023, 12:44 AM
Azzurri were too good today with the Swans not being able to capitalise on their chances.

Special mention to the Azzurri fella BBQing alone, firstly not knowing how to turn it on, secondly attempting to cook an egg with the lid still on and thirdly placing the sausages still in the plastic container on top of the hot grill for that extra carcinogenic zest 🤌🏻

Even the ZPL bad boy knows how to handle a bbq

Peak Zone League

Jardelsimage
17-04-2023, 07:05 AM
Kotara v cardiff
3rds 1-2
Res 2-1
1st 3-1

Lofty
17-04-2023, 09:22 AM
Warners Bay v Suns
First 1-3
Ressies 2-3
Thirds 2-0

Zonal Marking
18-04-2023, 02:10 PM
Warners Bay v Suns
First 1-3
Ressies 2-3
Thirds 2-0

Heard Suns had a player sent off in the weekends match. Throw in another send off in the opening game against Swansea as well as additional ones in last seasons grand final and semi I make that out as 4 red cards in their last 5 ZPL matches. Possibly the best team in the comp but those stats dont make great reading. Is there a disciplinary problem or just been unlucky?

Lofty
18-04-2023, 02:26 PM
Heard Suns had a player sent off in the weekends match. Throw in another send off in the opening game against Swansea as well as additional ones in last seasons grand final and semi I make that out as 4 red cards in their last 5 ZPL matches. Possibly the best team in the comp but those stats dont make great reading. Is there a disciplinary problem or just been unlucky?

Fair question to ask mate, but thought I'd get in before the shit slinging comes from all angles.
Semi final was a handball on the line in a pressure semi final situation.
GF was two yellow cards in a highly contested GF where I think you'll find it was hard to believe there wasn't one issued to the opposition.
Swansea was a yellow card at best, but referees have a split second to make a decision and sometimes that happens.
The weekend was a last man challenge.

They were all footballing incidents and as a club there's no issue there at all. These things happen.
I think the fact that during the 2021 season we had one single red card (in third grade) for the whole season has to give some substance that there is no issue at the club. By all means, we don't want any of this to continue, but there is no problem as far as we are concerned.

Cheers!

Zonal Marking
18-04-2023, 04:09 PM
Fair question to ask mate, but thought I'd get in before the shit slinging comes from all angles.
GF was two yellow cards in a highly contested GF where I think you'll find it was hard to believe there wasn't one issued to the opposition.
Swansea was a yellow card at best, but referees have a split second to make a decision and sometimes that happens.

They were all footballing incidents and as a club there's no issue there at all. These things happen.
I think the fact that during the 2021 season we had one single red card (in third grade) for the whole season has to give some substance that there is no issue at the club. By all means, we don't want any of this to continue, but there is no problem as far as we are concerned.

Cheers!

Cheers for clarifying it all. The only one of those games I attended was the grand final but yeah obviously you hear there was a red card in a match and most peoples initial reaction is to think it was probably for something silly.

Of course send offs are part of the game and all teams in the competition will most likely rack up their share. I just noticed that there have been quite a few recently in a short space of time for your lads.

Frank Jonathan Mir II
18-04-2023, 11:09 PM
Azzurri were too good today with the Swans not being able to capitalise on their chances.

Special mention to the Azzurri fella BBQing alone, firstly not knowing how to turn it on, secondly attempting to cook an egg with the lid still on and thirdly placing the sausages still in the plastic container on top of the hot grill for that extra carcinogenic zest ����

Even the ZPL bad boy knows how to handle a bbq

Peak Zone League

This legendary BBQ man should be inducted into Zone League Hall of Fame

Lofty
19-04-2023, 10:13 PM
Charlestown Azzurri V Suns in the cup
2-0

Top effort from our lads against a top quality side.

gtg
20-04-2023, 09:58 AM
2-0

Respectable result. Any injuries?

ha'way the lads
20-04-2023, 12:27 PM
How's everyone's grounds looking with this weather rolling in?

Lofty
20-04-2023, 02:34 PM
Respectable result. Any injuries?

Nothing of note thankfully. Some very sore bodies though!

Myer park update is that drainage extension work is just about done. There's still more work to be done to the ground though. Currently our first home game is scheduled for 20 May.

WWFC25
20-04-2023, 02:42 PM
2-0

You get a run Lofty??

ZLWB
20-04-2023, 08:11 PM

Cheers!

As always, a considered response.
The weekend?s one was pretty obvious - he took one for the team and walked straight off as the card was shown. No discipline issues that I saw either on the park or in the Technical Area.
As usual the Suns continue to bang them in from range though. 2 specials on Sunday. One from a free kick the other taken on the run

Killa
21-04-2023, 08:38 AM
As usual the Suns continue to bang them in from range though. 2 specials on Sunday. One from a free kick the other taken on the run
Their attacking talent is top shelf. Hard to argue that there is any better in ZPL. Alex Palozzi banging them in from range is just the norm really.

Lofty
22-04-2023, 08:31 AM
Azzurri V Suns off

The Debt Collector
22-04-2023, 07:24 PM
Swansea vs Mayfield
1sts 3-1
2nds 1-0
3rds 0-6

No ZPL Bad Boy no worries. The heavily depleted Swans have bounced back in emphatic fashion getting the 3 points on a cold rainy day at Chapman.

The Tigers not being able to handle the wet conditions where as Swanseas very own Schueyvasa and Big Papa Rappa were revelling in the wetness.

Could have been 7-1 had it not been for The Aldi McMaster missing multiple chances. From the sidelines The ZPL Bad Boy was doing reenactments showing us all exactly how he would have finished those chances

Special mention to Swanseas 3rd grade Cult hero Frack Bolsen, attempting a majestic slow motion bicycle kick. His huge mullet causing a massive gust of wind making the ball go 10 metres away from him, amazing effort in those conditions.

Year of the Swan 🦢

WWFC25
22-04-2023, 07:38 PM
Westlakes vs Kotara
3rds 0-7 HT 0-1
Res 0-2 HT 0-2
1st 0-3 HT 0-1

The Cats just unable to go the full 90 today in any grade against Kotara.

UniMen
22-04-2023, 11:06 PM
Uni FC vs Minmi

First
Uni 3-1 Minmi
Ressies
Uni 1-0 Minmi
Thirds
Uni 6-0 Minmi

ZLWB
23-04-2023, 09:44 PM
Dudley v Olympic
3rds. 3-1
Res. 3-1
1st. 4-2

Halligooner
28-04-2023, 02:06 PM
Score predictions for this weekend

Olympic 2-1 Swansea
Uni 1-3 Westlakes
Mayfield 1-4 Suns
Azzurri 2-0 Cardiff
Warners Bay 1-3 Kotara
Dudley 3-0 Minmi

MurderOnZidanesFloor
28-04-2023, 06:22 PM
Olympic 2-3 Swansea
Uni 1-4 Westlakes
Mayfield 0-3 Suns
Azzuri 4-1 Cardiff
Warners Bay 2-1 Kotara
Dudley 5-0 Minmi

Swanky
29-04-2023, 06:12 PM
Olympic v Swansea
1st 2-2
Res 1-2
3rd 1-1

ForeverRed
29-04-2023, 06:44 PM
Cardiff 1 Azzurri 1,
Great effort from the tigers, could have stole it in the end, as for Hexham, I?ll shall never return

Lofty
29-04-2023, 06:50 PM
Mayfield V Suns
Firsts 1-3
Ressies 1-1
Thirds 1-5

The Hacker
29-04-2023, 07:38 PM
Cardiff 1 Azzurri 1,
Great effort from the tigers, could have stole it in the end, as for Hexham, I?ll shall never return

Worst ground in any comp

salmon
29-04-2023, 07:44 PM
Cardiff 1 Azzurri 1,

See ya then mate

UniMen
29-04-2023, 10:44 PM
Uni v Westlakes
3rds 7-0
Res 8-0
1st 2-2

Alton
30-04-2023, 09:38 AM
Makes a mockery playing at Hexham
In a comp that?s called Premier League

Wandering
30-04-2023, 10:02 AM
Minmi VS Dudley washed out today

The Hacker
30-04-2023, 11:53 AM
Minmi VS Dudley washed out today

That?s another washout there. Is their oval another Hexham

NUGUNS
30-04-2023, 01:40 PM
You'd think it would drain well considering it's on the side of a hill with one side a good foot higher than the other.

Wandering
30-04-2023, 06:29 PM
You'd think it would drain well considering it's on the side of a hill with one side a good foot higher than the other.

You're not wrong, all the water builds up around the cricket pitch between the fields since the new turf got laid unfortunately.

ZLWB
30-04-2023, 06:48 PM
WB v Kotara 1-1

Chef
30-04-2023, 08:06 PM
Good game

Chef
01-05-2023, 09:59 PM
Seems to me Uni could have a stronger first grade.
There’s quite a few in there res. and thirds that
look sharper than some in firsts.

salmon
02-05-2023, 12:34 PM
Seems to me Uni could have a stronger first grade.
There?s quite a few in there res. and thirds that
look sharper than some in firsts.

Is regularly the case with Uni. Not sure why, however they often seem to produce significantly stronger lower grades.

WeekendWarrior
04-05-2023, 12:17 PM
Is regularly the case with Uni. Not sure why, however they often seem to produce significantly stronger lower grades.

Played them a few years back and it was the same case. Happy to stack lower grades and be mediocre in first grade... At least other clubs wait for first grade to be out of contention!

jessepinkman
04-05-2023, 05:46 PM

i dont think ive ever played against uni before where firsts has been better than reserve grade. Not even a few players, i reckon most years you could totally flip both squads and their reserve grade would finish higher. Always baffled me, especially the relegation seasons. I tihnk ive seen a few of their longer term players coaching the lower grades so maybe that has something to do with it.

The Hacker
05-05-2023, 08:38 AM
How did Azzurri and the Suns end up.

mge61
05-05-2023, 09:26 AM
Suns 5-0 could easily have been double figures but for a brilliant display from the Blue’s keeper.

Lofty
05-05-2023, 10:29 AM
Suns 5-0 could easily have been double figures but for a brilliant display from the Blue’s keeper.

Azzurri keeper made some ridiculous saves! Top effort from him.

The Hacker
05-05-2023, 10:49 AM

Suns are early season favourites

salmon
05-05-2023, 12:59 PM
Suns are early season favourites

They keep playing like they did last night, absolutely red hot favourites.

WWFC25
06-05-2023, 06:04 PM
Westlakes vs Warners Bay
3rds 4-7
Res 0-2
1st 3-4

NUGUNS
06-05-2023, 06:31 PM
Cardiff vs Mayfield

1st 1 - 4 Mayfield
Res 3 - 1 Cardiff
3rds 0 - 2 Mayfield

Cardiff are gonna challenge teams this year. I know 4 - 1 is a solid score line but Cardiff were up 1- 0 for 70 minutes and fell off. Massive improvement from the Swansea game a few weeks ago. (Tbf both teams were bad Cardiff vs Swansea)

Nou Camp
06-05-2023, 09:02 PM
Olympic - Suns
1st 0-0
Res 1-1
3rds 0-1

Goldilocks
06-05-2023, 09:05 PM
Olympic - Suns
1st 0-0
Res 1-1
3rds 0-1

Olympic loves a draw

Buddha
07-05-2023, 11:35 AM
Olympic definitely missing their top scorer from last season. And he's not even that good either. My prediction of them finishing second went down as soon he got injured in first game of the season

riverboy
07-05-2023, 12:46 PM
Olympic definitely missing their top scorer from last season. And he's not even that good either. My prediction of them finishing second went down as soon he got injured in first game of the season

That comment doesn't make any sense. Your prediction of olympic went down as soon as he got injured, but you don't overly rate him?? Am I the only person missing something? 1 + 1 = 2

The Debt Collector
07-05-2023, 07:27 PM
Swansea vs Minmi
1sts 4-3
2nd 1-1
3rds 3-0

Its Joshua Schumanns world and we are all living in it. The Minmi Master scoring a hat-trick against the Wanderers, the race for the golden boot is upon us. It is no surprise that the Suns tried to throw big money at The Master with their endless salary sombrero.

Special mention to newly knighted Sir Mark Fromson, King Charles knighting him after witnessing Sir Fromson score the late winner for his beloved Swans with the game tied up at 3-3.

Not so special mention to the ZPL Bad Boy William McMaster with his new number 9, equating to the minutes he lasts on the field

Year of the Swan 🦢

Killa
08-05-2023, 09:11 AM
That comment doesn't make any sense. Your prediction of olympic went down as soon as he got injured, but you don't overly rate him?? Am I the only person missing something? 1 + 1 = 2

He is probably saying that with him in the team he was their only chance at winning games and that the rest of the Olympic Squad is absolutely ordinary. If it is the guy i am thinking of, i am pretty certain he used to play for Azzurri. Quick winger who needs 10 chances to score 1.

Speaking of Azzurri, the wheels have fallen off after the first couple of games. 1-1 Draw to Cardiff, 5-0 thumping to Suns and 3-1 loss to Kotara. Slippery Slope!

The Hacker
08-05-2023, 03:23 PM
He is probably saying that with him in the team he was their only chance at winning games and that the rest of the Olympic Squad is absolutely ordinary. If it is the guy i am thinking of, i am pretty certain he used to play for Azzurri. Quick winger who needs 10 chances to score 1.

Speaking of Azzurri, the wheels have fallen off after the first couple of games. 1-1 Draw to Cardiff, 5-0 thumping to Suns and 3-1 loss to Kotara. Slippery Slope!

I don?t think the wheels have fallen off. They just hadn?t played a top team until now and It?s probably where they are at. The top 4 are in no order Suns, Dudley, Kotara, Warners Bay. Then there is a gap After that to Swansea (surprisingly),Olympic,Mayfield, Azzurri and I think even Westlakes will battle for 5-9.

Azzurri were always going to be a 5-9 team from the start

riverboy
08-05-2023, 03:57 PM
I don?t think the wheels have fallen off. They just hadn?t played a top team until now and It?s probably where they are at. The top 4 are in no order Suns, Dudley, Kotara, Warners Bay. Then there is a gap After that to Swansea (surprisingly),Olympic,Mayfield, Azzurri and I think even Westlakes will battle for 5-9.

Azzurri were always going to be a 5-9 team from the start

I think you will find Azzurri's Zl1 team are better then their ZPL team, I think they touched them up in a trial.
That's nothing against the ZPL squad as I heard the ZL1 squad are very good and apparently they don't even train.

Zonal Marking
08-05-2023, 04:53 PM
Top 4 definitely seems to be taking shape with Kotara exceeding pre season expectations and Dudley being slightly below par. Suns & Warners Bay sitting where I thought they would be but its still early days. A lot of football left to be played.

The Hacker
11-05-2023, 09:19 AM
Did Minmi and Dudley play their make up games this week?

Wandering
11-05-2023, 09:58 AM

Yeah games played this week

Minmi VS Dudley
3rds 0-5
Ressies 1-3
1sts 0-5

The Hacker
11-05-2023, 10:03 AM
Yeah games played this week

Minmi VS Dudley
3rds 0-5
Ressies 1-3
1sts 0-5

Thanks

Jake
11-05-2023, 07:01 PM

Nice attempt at throwing us off the scent Scotty, we know it?s you

Chips
11-05-2023, 07:44 PM
Nice attempt at throwing us off the scent Scotty, we know it?s you

😂 ha

433Footy
13-05-2023, 06:24 PM
Kotara v Mayfield
3rds: 4-1
Res: 1-1
1st: 1-3

Lofty
13-05-2023, 08:07 PM
Minmi v Suns
Firsts 0-2
Ressies 1-2
Thirds 1-4

FairPlay2022
13-05-2023, 08:18 PM
Azzurri v Warners Bay
Firsts 0-5
Ressies 1-6
Thirds 1-2

mge61
13-05-2023, 08:26 PM
Worst Azzurri team for several seasons

Swanky
13-05-2023, 09:04 PM
Olympic v Cardiff
1st 4-0
Res 2-1
3rd 7-0

Kicktheball
13-05-2023, 10:28 PM
Olympic v Cardiff
1st 4-0
Res 2-1
3rd 7-0

What is happening at Cardiff ?

ForeverRed
13-05-2023, 11:25 PM

Had a terrible first half but played good second, was 4 nil half time

UniMen
13-05-2023, 11:37 PM
Uni v Swansea
3rds 6-0
Res 1-1
1st 3-1

Looking forward to the write up from the Debt Collector

Zonal Marking
13-05-2023, 11:58 PM
Worst Azzurri team for several seasons

What is happening at Azzurri?

WWFC25
14-05-2023, 09:07 PM
Dudley vs Westlakes
3rds 9-1
Res 9-0
1st 3-1

Jardelsimage
15-05-2023, 06:42 AM

the only time i will offer an excuse. down a shitload of players on the weekend, simple as that and were not good enough.
Bare 11 in every grade, 4 blokes suited up in 3rds who could hardly walk and should not have played at all, better than forfeiting though.
Reggies went alright considering.
1st started well, then had a horror final 20 in the 1st half, regrouped in the 2nd half but damage was already done.

WWFC25
15-05-2023, 01:07 PM
the only time i will offer an excuse. down a shitload of players on the weekend, simple as that and were not good enough.
Bare 11 in every grade, 4 blokes suited up in 3rds who could hardly walk and should not have played at all, better than forfeiting though.
Reggies went alright considering.
1st started well, then had a horror final 20 in the 1st half, regrouped in the 2nd half but damage was already done.

That?s a carbon copy of the Cats on the weekend. 7 players played both Thirds and Ressies since we didn?t want to forfeit Thirds.
1st were then bare 11 but Dudley got 3 in front before we started to get into our groove.

The Postman
15-05-2023, 04:08 PM
I am once again advocating for the removal of 3rd Grade. It is especially pointless if/when the new Northern League re-structure goes ahead.

Taffy
15-05-2023, 04:13 PM
I am once again advocating for the removal of 3rd Grade. It is especially pointless if/when the new Northern League re-structure goes ahead.

I heard that is what will be happening.

ForeverRed
15-05-2023, 04:23 PM
Make 3rd grade an all age woman?s comp, a great inclusion for clubs plus they?ll always turn up, thoughts

Jardelsimage
15-05-2023, 05:05 PM
clubs need and want 3rds, our situation is not the normal for us.

Go and watch a NPL2 game, 1st and reggies only, its like a ghost town. Not sure what NPL1 is like as i havent been to a game this year.

the removal of 3rds is, in my opinion would be a backward step.

I've coached the women's Red, never again.

Lofty
15-05-2023, 06:55 PM
Removing third grade would have a negative affect on our club. By doing that you really cut down the potential longevity of good club people.
You lose the opportunity to blood young kids and introduce them to senior football.
I don’t want to go on with the cons, because I feel like there are way too many.
Yes clubs are noticeably struggling this year with numbers, but I feel like there are a few reasons for that. Eg. clubs that are further away from town, the fact that ZPL is now a 12 team comp and lastly, clubs are bloody hard to run. There’s very little in the next generation wanting to roll their sleeves up. At our club it’s just the same few guys year in, year out. No young guys are prepared to help out. That’s the reason why Bero folded and it’s likely a reason as to why many clubs are struggling this year. No idea what will happen if those few people at our club decide to take a step back.
Being apart of ZPL should be a privilege and being sorry for being blunt, maybe if you can’t get a squad of 40-50 players, then another division might be more suitable.

But removing third grade for the benefit of a few clubs is certainly not the answer.

Bremsstrahlung
15-05-2023, 07:32 PM
Removing third grade would have a negative affect on our club. By doing that you really cut down the potential longevity of good club people.
You lose the opportunity to blood young kids and introduce them to senior football.
I don’t want to go on with the cons, because I feel like there are way too many.
Yes clubs are noticeably struggling this year with numbers, but I feel like there are a few reasons for that. Eg. clubs that are further away from town, the fact that ZPL is now a 12 team comp and lastly, clubs are bloody hard to run. There’s very little in the next generation wanting to roll their sleeves up. At our club it’s just the same few guys year in, year out. No young guys are prepared to help out. That’s the reason why Bero folded and it’s likely a reason as to why many clubs are struggling this year. No idea what will happen if those few people at our club decide to take a step back.
Being apart of ZPL should be a privilege and being sorry for being blunt, maybe if you can’t get a squad of 40-50 players, then another division might be more suitable.

But removing third grade for the benefit of a few clubs is certainly not the answer.

Just on your point about no young players stepping up - it got me thinking, where do ZPL get their players from?

On the surface, it doesn’t appear like many of these clubs have juniors, some affiliated with other clubs sure, but for the most part they are all “senior” football clubs. While this is the case, and there’s no steady stream of players coming through, there will be ups and downs with numbers and quality across all of the clubs.
At the moment, it seems clubs are just waiting for that golden group of mates to come together and play for the same club.

The junior to teen age groups have changed significantly and now the “elite” system is attracting more players than it did say 15 years ago. Then there was only Macquarie, NPS and HV representative teams - so maybe 60 of the best in each age group. The rest all played for interdistrict clubs.
With this came some opportunities to have a crack at “seniors” when they needed players. Remember playing for an IDs team in under 15s and I never knew it even existed until somebody from the club “selected” me. Does this still happen? Without junior it’s a bit hard to make it happen I would assume. That’s where clubs like Warners Bay could potentially benefit - they can encourage and introduce their younger players to the idea of ZPL.

Now, most of the pathways are set up from an early age. Most NPL and NL1 clubs have their JDL to Youth and there’s a bit of a closed system - bit of club jumping etc, but not many in, not many out.
What’s left is the rest who are playing socially, or don’t know the other side of things exists. (We are pretty privellaged anybody reading this forum to have an interest and therefore an understanding of different competitions).
Then there’s crossroads for these players - to play socially in all age, quit, pursue it competitively in NPL/NL1 or play ZPL/ZL. I would guess that playing ZPL/ZL1 is probably the least popular option.

I’m curious how ZPL/Zl clubs see the future. Atm it seems a lot of the first grade teams are people who have played NPL lower grades or NL1. Is this the model? And it’s fine if it is. I’m legitimately just spitballing why there aren’t many “young players” stepping up to ZPL.

Are clubs trying to convert All age players to ZL players?

On Third grade, I agree, I think it’s very important to have an avenue to keep clubmen involved. Some
Of the most knowledgeable, nicest and encouraging guys I’ve played with were in reserve grade at NPL clubs. I get why NPL had to lose them (kind of not really) but half these guys may be past their prime on the pitch, but worth a whole bunch more off it (or moving slowly across it).

JustMe
15-05-2023, 07:50 PM
I don?t want to go on with the cons, because I feel like there are way too many.
Yes clubs are noticeably struggling this year with numbers, but I feel like there are a few reasons for that. Eg. clubs that are further away from town, the fact that ZPL is now a 12 team comp and lastly, clubs are bloody hard to run. There?s very little in the next generation wanting to roll their sleeves up. At our club it?s just the same few guys year in, year out. No young guys are prepared to help out. That?s the reason why Bero folded and it?s likely a reason as to why many clubs are struggling this year. No idea what will happen if those few people at our club decide to take a step back.
Being apart of ZPL should be a privilege and being sorry for being blunt, maybe if you can?t get a squad of 40-50 players, then another division might be more suitable.

This is stupidity. 3rd grade is the joke. A place for exwannabes alcoholics to be pests. Better for the majority to have 2 teams. Smaller clubs will have a better chance to go higher.

As for juniors if you cant play ressie zpl you shouldnt leave all age. ffs get a life.

ZLWB
15-05-2023, 09:04 PM
That?s a carbon copy of the Cats on the weekend. 7 players played both Thirds and Ressies since we didn?t want to forfeit Thirds.
1st were then bare 11 but Dudley got 3 in front before we started to get into our groove.

Mate I went and had a look at that game and you blokes weren?t embarrassed at all. Dudley were very slick but you lads showed plenty of intent going forward and some steel at the back. A penalty was saved, & nobody looked like they were there just there to make up the numbers.
Gutsy effort against a high quality team

MurderOnZidanesFloor
15-05-2023, 09:53 PM
Mate I went and had a look at that game and you blokes weren?t embarrassed at all. Dudley were very slick but you lads showed plenty of intent going forward and some steel at the back. A penalty was saved, & nobody looked like they were there just there to make up the numbers.
Gutsy effort against a high quality team

May as well have had the the day off in the other grades. Embarrassing.

ha'way the lads
15-05-2023, 11:31 PM
This is stupidity. 3rd grade is the joke. A place for exwannabes alcoholics to be pests. Better for the majority to have 2 teams. Smaller clubs will have a better chance to go higher.

As for juniors if you cant play ressie zpl you shouldnt leave all age. ffs get a life.

Gee whiz who upset you? 3rds is awesome, club culture, bringing young guys through, older guys who can still help the club. Lofty nailed it, and a few of us have commented a few weeks back about the value of 3rds.

magician
16-05-2023, 05:42 AM
Gee whiz who upset you? 3rds is awesome, club culture, bringing young guys through, older guys who can still help the club. Lofty nailed it, and a few of us have commented a few weeks back about the value of 3rds.

Probably upset a ex wannabe alcoholic has taken his 3rd grade spot

Taffy
16-05-2023, 09:03 AM
Zone with 3rds is nothing but a glorified pub comp.

Lofty
16-05-2023, 09:15 AM

"This is stupidity", thank you for prefacing your comments.
Alcoholics? Says you who is obviously blind drunk on a Monday night typing this nonsense. Maybe you are involved with the wrong club/s.
We have 13 boys in our squad this year born in 2004 and 2005 (I'll let you try do the maths on that one). They're certainly not alcoholics.

Zone Premier League isn't here to make it easy for clubs. There are 32 clubs in the Zone Leagues. Maybe if you want something easier, then slide on down the ranks. I don't see how "fair" it is to even out the competition in reducing clubs to two teams.
I don't know who you are trying to vouch for, but I don't think anyone is forcing any club to stay in ZPL.

I do have a life thank you. It's a great one.

Wish you all the best, pal.

Lofty
16-05-2023, 09:18 AM
Zone with 3rds is nothing but a glorified pub comp.

Correct. And it's the most enjoyable and entertaining league to be part of in Newcastle.

Taffy
16-05-2023, 09:19 AM
No that would be O35 Friday night

Lofty
16-05-2023, 09:54 AM

Nothing better than playing out the back of Maitland at 8pm on a cold, rainy night in the middle of winter.

Taffy
16-05-2023, 09:55 AM
Provides a lot more entertainment then a bunch of has beens and never weres trying to find some glory in 3rds.

Lofty
16-05-2023, 10:01 AM
Provides a lot more entertainment then a bunch of has beens and never weres trying to find some glory in 3rds.

Okay champ, thank you for your insightful contribution to the conversation.

Macca
16-05-2023, 10:01 AM
a bunch of has beens and never weres

:rof:

Taffy
16-05-2023, 10:18 AM
Okay champ, thank you for your insightful contribution to the conversation.

As good as anyone advocating for 3rds to be kept

gtg
16-05-2023, 01:04 PM
I agree with Taffy, bin thirds. If clubs still want to keep around their clubmen, shove them in reserves. Ultimately only first grade matters in terms of promotion and relegation anyways so it shouldn't matter if you have a less than ideal ressies team.

WWFC25
16-05-2023, 03:03 PM
I agree with Taffy, bin thirds. If clubs still want to keep around their clubmen, shove them in reserves. Ultimately only first grade matters in terms of promotion and relegation anyways so it shouldn't matter if you have a less than ideal ressies team.

As one of those clubmen I feel like I shouldn?t be shoved in Ressies ahead of a younger bloke with lots of potential.

First grade matters of course, but when they all get too old and become one of the third grade has beens that everyone mentions.

Well suddenly you haven?t got the players to replace them because you you ditched the grade in which they can all play to get used to this level of the game.

Have the third grade and do you best to get the numbers and get the young fellas going up through the grades.

All this from a bloke whose third grade struggles every week yet I still see the value of it!

Jardelsimage
16-05-2023, 04:35 PM

Enjoyable i don't think so, bunch of old hackers suckin the big ones in, still thinking they can play football, playing against ex league players and AA players who are still chasing that title win that eluded them on Saturdays.
Playing games on a Friday night in bum**** nowhere, with no refs.

Yeh sounds great, doesn't it?

Taffy
16-05-2023, 05:07 PM
Enjoyable i don't think so, bunch of old hackers suckin the big ones in, still thinking they can play football, playing against ex league players and AA players who are still chasing that title win that eluded them on Saturdays

Yeh sounds great, doesn't it?

That sounds a lot like zone football.

433Footy
16-05-2023, 07:03 PM
That sounds a lot like zone football.

If you have such a high standard go watch npl mate. Getting around 3 grades with your mates on a Saturday is the best start to the weekend for many of the blokes involved in a decent club. If you can?t stand 3rds, just don?t go. Doesn?t mean 1/3 of a squad should be cut to make ZPL more ?high quality?.

JustMe
16-05-2023, 07:38 PM
If you have such a high standard go watch npl mate. Getting around 3 grades with your mates on a Saturday is the best start to the weekend for many of the blokes involved in a decent club. If you can?t stand 3rds, just don?t go. Doesn?t mean 1/3 of a squad should be cut to make ZPL more ?high quality?.

Nah. Theres only a few clubs that are pretending 3rds are worthwhile. Rather have more clubs putting real resources in the 2 grades. As for being cut?3rds are already cut from real football. You guys are a laugh.

WWFC25
17-05-2023, 02:57 PM
Please name these only few clubs that value 3rd grade??

Because just from response on here already can see 1/4 of the competition value 3rds.

Lofty
17-05-2023, 03:46 PM
I highly doubt those two clowns are attached to any club in ZPL. Very easy to make nonsensical comments hiding behind a screen name. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I'll let those ones go through to the keeper.

gtg
17-05-2023, 04:30 PM
Who wants to bet that, even if they did cut thirds, the fee the clubs have to pay wouldn't go down. Clubs would then have to decide if they are going to pass on the fee increase to the players, cut paying their first grade players money and/or rego fees, or get many more sponsors. Could we see registration prices reach JDL levels? Around the $1500-$2000 mark per year?

riverboy
17-05-2023, 07:08 PM
Please name these only few clubs that value 3rd grade??

Because just from response on here already can see 1/4 of the competition value 3rds.

It's pretty obvious why you guys don't want third grade. I think they should drop it from Zl1, but keep it in ZPL

Zonal Marking
17-05-2023, 07:47 PM
It's pretty obvious why you guys don't want third grade. I think they should drop it from Zl1, but keep it in ZPL

I think you have misunderstood the Westlakes poster. They are saying they are pro thirds.

Lofty
17-05-2023, 09:37 PM
I think they only ones that are anti-thirds aren’t actually associated with clubs..

If anyone is genuinely opposed to thirds and associated with a club, then I don’t see the reason of hiding which club you’re from unless you are simply a troll.

WWFC25
17-05-2023, 10:42 PM
I think you have misunderstood the Westlakes poster. They are saying they are pro thirds.

I didn?t realise I had been so cryptic! Thanks for clarifying that for everyone Zonal, I?d hate to upset Lofty by appearing anti thirds :)

The Hacker
18-05-2023, 09:07 AM
I think they only ones that are anti-thirds aren’t actually associated with clubs..

If anyone is genuinely opposed to thirds and associated with a club, then I don’t see the reason of hiding which club you’re from unless you are simply a troll.

Cause they are shit stirring. There wouldn?t be a club in ZPL that don?t value 3rd grade and if there is I?d love to know which one cause I?d be surprised

Taffy
18-05-2023, 09:28 AM
cut paying their first grade players money and/or rego fees

Wdym? People on here are always on about how they don't pay players, only Croatia do

WeekendWarrior
18-05-2023, 11:04 AM
Scrap 2nds while were at it.. bunch of flops in that grade as well!

gtg
18-05-2023, 12:30 PM
Scrap 2nds while were at it.. bunch of flops in that grade as well!

That would make for an epic competition if every club could only have one team. Good idea.

United FC
18-05-2023, 12:35 PM
NNSW so original, they dropped a grade in the 90?s and the comps didn?t improve then and won?t now. Shows how out of touch they are because NPL and NL1 are hardly an improvement to when it used to be first/second division with three grades. Just more money spent on ex A league players. The kids programs have huge score lines and how many of those kids go on to play first grade? Guessing at the top teams hardly any. ZPL teams beat NL1 teams but ZPL is the problem haha, yeah okay. Maybe the whinges should stick to their own clubs or are your clubs that much of a basket case they need to bag ZPL

Taffy
18-05-2023, 12:41 PM
Pretty sure only one ZPL team went through and beat a NL1 team this year. But it is all well and good to point at a single game and go they zone teams must be better but do it over a year not one that NL1 teams probably aren't that interested in considering they won't be getting to Round of 32 anyway. But no one here has bagged Zone just discussed if it is worth having a 3rd grade that struggles to have numbers every week

The Hacker
18-05-2023, 12:53 PM
Pretty sure only one ZPL team went through and beat a NL1 team this year. But it is all well and good to point at a single game and go they zone teams must be better but do it over a year not one that NL1 teams probably aren't that interested in considering they won't be getting to Round of 32 anyway. But no one here has bagged Zone just discussed if it is worth having a 3rd grade that struggles to have numbers every week

So one team struggled on 1 week and your solution is to ditch a whole grade when the 11 other clubs have no dramas. You?re the best.

Taffy
18-05-2023, 01:57 PM
Was more than one team and has been more than one week, some of us read the thread.

TheDJ
18-05-2023, 02:15 PM
Why not bring back 23s and have overage players allowed (I wasn?t familiar with zpl when it had 23s so if it had issues I?d love to know them)
Or do it more like the English ressies system and decouple thirds and play them on a Friday night?
I know none of that would happen but they?re just my preferred options to scrapping the best grade.

Jardelsimage
18-05-2023, 04:10 PM
Why not bring back 23s and have overage players allowed (I wasn?t familiar with zpl when it had 23s so if it had issues I?d love to know them)
Or do it more like the English ressies system and decouple thirds and play them on a Friday night?
I know none of that would happen but they?re just my preferred options to scrapping the best grade.

23's didn't work, for many reasons, which i don't have time to explain.

3rds is more about having/keeping your workers/clubmen within the club and playing on game day. It also allows you the opportunity to blood some young fellas at the same time.

To those who want to rid us of 3rd grade, that's your option, you probably think NPL dropping U/18's was a good choice, so be it that's choice also, but it's obvious you have never run a club before.

There are 24 clubs who have 3rds, a couple struggle for a week and all hell breaks loose. To those who have either played, coached, managed or just been involved 3rds is like all the rest of the grades, not full of ex-alchos but blokes who like all the others want to have a kick.

so sorry it does not meet the standards of others, but who really gives a toss what they/you think...lets move on...

WWFC25
20-05-2023, 05:47 PM
Westlakes vs Azzurri
3rds 1-4
Res 1-2
1st 3-3

Chips
20-05-2023, 06:33 PM
Swansea v Dudley
3rds 0-3
Res 1-2
1st 0-4

ForeverRed
20-05-2023, 06:35 PM
Cardiff v Minmi
First 5-3 Cardiff

magician
20-05-2023, 07:42 PM
oh ok, why should we give a toss what you alcoholic dinosaurs think. 3rd grade is a joke for fat losers. oops hit the target there?

Get some other losers to cook your food and and pretend your doing football a service.

So scrap this 3rds aids and get another ZL grade back in.

And wrong again dropping 18s wasn't good, so assuming isn't your thing either. btw young fellas can play ressies because thats no high point either.

Welcome to modern football grandpa.

Now back to football oh thats right. You're going really well right now with all those grades. :rof::rof::rof:

You sound intelligent 🤦🏼*♂️

Lofty
20-05-2023, 08:56 PM
oh ok, why should we give a toss what you alcoholic dinosaurs think. 3rd grade is a joke for fat losers. oops hit the target there?

Get some other losers to cook your food and and pretend your doing football a service.

And wrong again dropping 18s wasn't good, so assuming isn't your thing either. btw young fellas can play ressies because thats no high point either.

Welcome to modern football grandpa.

Now back to football oh thats right. You're going really well right now with all those grades. :rof::rof::rof:

Spoken like a true alcoholic. Don’t drink and forum bro.

Eggs
21-05-2023, 07:03 PM
Cardiff v Minmi
First 5-3 Cardiff

What happened to 3rds and Reggie's? I know the threads been full of blokes suggesting 3rds don't matter, but surely you could post the scores

ForeverRed
21-05-2023, 07:48 PM
What happened to 3rds and Reggie's? I know the threads been full of blokes suggesting 3rds don't matter, but surely you could post the scores

3 nil to minmi reserves
5 nil to Cardiff thirds

travellingman
21-05-2023, 07:50 PM

Is ZL3 still too high a grade for you?

FairPlay2022
21-05-2023, 07:59 PM
Warners Bay v Mayfield
Firsts 1-1
Ressies 0-2
Thirds 5-1

Swanky
21-05-2023, 08:46 PM
Kotara v Olympic
1st 4-4
Res 2-3
3rd 1-0

Jardelsimage
22-05-2023, 03:23 PM

sorry been busy.

Cardiff v Minmi
3rds 5-0
reg 0-4
1st 5-3

Kicktheball
22-05-2023, 07:20 PM
Is it top 4 this year or does it change for 12 teams?

Lofty
22-05-2023, 08:48 PM
Is it top 4 this year or does it change for 12 teams?

Top 5. Same system as NPL

Zonal Marking
22-05-2023, 10:10 PM
Top 5. Same system as NPL

Is it really top 5 this season? What?s the format for the finals series?

YerMate
22-05-2023, 10:57 PM
Is it really top 5 this season? What?s the format for the finals series?

Week 1
1st bye
2v3
4v5 loser out

Week 2
1 v winner 2/3
Loser 2/3 v winner4/5

Week 3
Winner of 1 v 2/3 straight to GF
Loser of 1v 2/3 will play winner of 2/3 or 4/5

Week 4 GF
Winner of week 3 1 v 2/3 V winner of other game.

Hope that made sense, a club could potentially host 2 to 3 home semi games with this format.

No more home and away legs.

United FC
25-05-2023, 01:49 PM
If Hamilton win ZL1 then I wonder what happens. Can?t promote them surely and have two in ZPL. There was the rule that didn?t allow two teams to be this situation but must of changed it to allow them into ZL1.

Eastwest
25-05-2023, 03:14 PM
Week 1
1st bye
2v3
4v5 loser out

Week 2
1 v winner 2/3
Loser 2/3 v winner4/5

Week 3
Winner of 1 v 2/3 straight to GF
Loser of 1v 2/3 will play winner of 2/3 or 4/5

Week 4 GF
Winner of week 3 1 v 2/3 V winner of other game.

Hope that made sense, a club could potentially host 2 to 3 home semi games with this format.

No more home and away legs.

About time. The home away series is gash

The Postman
25-05-2023, 05:00 PM
If Hamilton win ZL1 then I wonder what happens. Can?t promote them surely and have two in ZPL. There was the rule that didn?t allow two teams to be this situation but must of changed it to allow them into ZL1.

Make them play off against each other to see who stays up.

The Hacker
25-05-2023, 05:29 PM
Best game in Zone League and prob best rivalry in town this Sunday with Dudley v Suns. Suns will be looking for revenge on last years GF. Looks like top of the table clashes in all 3 grades which will add some extra spice. It has always produced fireworks both on and off the field. Fingers crossed they are both full strength and it?s as good a game as usual

ZLWB
25-05-2023, 09:38 PM
Best game in Zone League and prob best rivalry in town this Sunday with Dudley v Suns. Suns will be looking for revenge on last years GF. Looks like top of the table clashes in all 3 grades which will add some extra spice. It has always produced fireworks both on and off the field. Fingers crossed they are both full strength and it?s as good a game as usual

Northern must have noticed that and put a former NPL ref on the game.
I think the Suns have a couple of key forwards out or doubtful. I hope not, but that’s what I’ve heard

pv4
26-05-2023, 09:13 AM
Make them play off against each other to see who stays up.

A simply playoff tiebreaker arrangement would do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFOvldn_IRw

Chips
26-05-2023, 09:16 AM
Northern must have noticed that and put a former NPL ref on the game.
I think the Suns have a couple of key forwards out or doubtful. I hope not, but that’s what I’ve heard

I think cause it is one of the only games on Sunday the pool of refs to pick from is far bigger. It?s one of the upsides of Sunday home games

namwob99
26-05-2023, 11:03 AM
A simply playoff tiebreaker arrangement would do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFOvldn_IRw
How did I know where this was going before I even watched it?!?! What a movie! 😍

Halligooner
26-05-2023, 11:06 AM

It's as if we don't talk to each other... :confused: Both have to focus on this season first though.

Watch this space.

Zonal Marking
26-05-2023, 11:22 AM
Weekend Predictions

Swansea 2-1 Westlakes
Mayfield 3-0 Azzurri
Uni 3-2 Cardiff
Minmi 1-3 Kotara
Warners Bay 2-1 Olympic
Dudley 2-2 Suns

MurderOnZidanesFloor
26-05-2023, 01:06 PM
Swansea 1-2 Westlakes
Mayfield 2-1 Azzurri
Uni 2-2 Cardiff
Minmi 0-4 Kotara
Warners Bay 2-3 Olympic
Dudley 3-1 Suns

Alspec
26-05-2023, 02:34 PM
I think cause it is one of the only games on Sunday the pool of refs to pick from is far bigger. It?s one of the upsides of Sunday home games

Thanks Chips

WWFC25
27-05-2023, 05:23 PM
Westlakes vs Swansea
3rds 2-3
Res 0-4
1st 3-1

mge61
27-05-2023, 06:52 PM
Mayfield 4-0 Azzurri

Wandering
27-05-2023, 08:40 PM
Minmi VS Kotara South

3rds 0-6
Ressies 2-3
Firsts 1-4

Parochial Supporter
27-05-2023, 08:54 PM
Mayfield V Azzurri
3rds 1-2
Ressies 3-1
Firsts 5-0

Zonal Marking
28-05-2023, 11:23 PM
Very quiet in here. Who won Zone Classico today?

United FC
29-05-2023, 06:12 AM
Very quiet in here. Who won Zone Classico today?

Dudley 1-0

FairPlay2022
29-05-2023, 09:28 AM
WBay v Olympic
3rds 2-2
Res 3-2
1st 3-0

gtg
29-05-2023, 09:51 AM
Dudley 1-0

Correct. For some additional context, we scored just before the first half which was a nice boost. Suns had their keeper sent with around 20 to go and it was over by then, no chance at a comeback. Looks like they suffered an injury or two as well with the big man Palozzi getting subbed off along with the tall midfielder they poached from Azzurri; their former captain.

Overall a great Sunday for the thistles.

Gelato
29-05-2023, 08:02 PM
I don't think it was all over, it was even game by both teams, even after the send off. I can recall both teams have equal amount of chances and Palozzi got subbed off to make way for the keeper off the bench.
Great watch though! Will be a good second game that's for sure

Zonal Marking
29-05-2023, 08:12 PM
Correct. For some additional context, we scored just before the first half which was a nice boost. Suns had their keeper sent with around 20 to go and it was over by then, no chance at a comeback. Looks like they suffered an injury or two as well with the big man Palozzi getting subbed off along with the tall midfielder they poached from Azzurri; their former captain.

Overall a great Sunday for the thistles.

Before the season I predicted Dudley to win the league and even though they have had a bit of a slightly underwhelming start I still stand by it. I wonder if this is the result that will really see them kick on now.

Also I wonder when the last time was that this fixture actually ended with 11v11 on the pitch?

The Hacker
29-05-2023, 11:13 PM
Before the season I predicted Dudley to win the league and even though they have had a bit of a slightly underwhelming start I still stand by it. I wonder if this is the result that will really see them kick on now.

Also I wonder when the last time was that this fixture actually ended with 11v11 on the pitch?

Tough marker considering they are on 24 out of a possible 27 points.

The send off was no malice the keeper came for a ball outside the box and was second there. It wasn?t a crude challenge. He had to knock the player over or let him have an open goal so made the only choice to keep them in the game

Zonal Marking
30-05-2023, 01:10 AM
Tough marker considering they are on 24 out of a possible 27 points.

The send off was no malice the keeper came for a ball outside the box and was second there. It wasn?t a crude challenge. He had to knock the player over or let him have an open goal so made the only choice to keep them in the game

I did say it was only slightly underwhelming. On paper I think its possibly the best team the league has seen in years and until Sunday the first and only time they faced top 4 opposition they lost. So no I dont think they would have been completely happy with their start. This is a team that were embarrassing NL1 opposition in pre season.

Lofty
30-05-2023, 09:17 AM
I did say it was only slightly underwhelming. On paper I think its possibly the best team the league has seen in years and until Sunday the first and only time they faced top 4 opposition they lost. So no I dont think they would have been completely happy with their start. This is a team that were embarrassing NL1 opposition in pre season.

Bit of a confusing post. Not sure if you’re talking about Suns or Dudley here.. I’m quite sure that Warners Bay are part of the top 4 being equal points to Kotara. We won that game 3-1.
And Dudley have played against another top 4 side and lost also?

Suns have played 9 games now all away from home for just the one loss on the weekend. The standards are high, there’s not much room for error if you want that top spot. The weekends game reflected that. I don’t think Dudley would have walked away from that game with a world of confidence thinking that it’s all done now. Lots of football to be played yet.
Warners Bay and Kotara right in it too. Dudley have both in the next three weeks which will either cement their top spot or see things get even tighter if results go the other way.

Zonal Marking
30-05-2023, 11:29 AM
Bit of a confusing post. Not sure if you?re talking about Suns or Dudley here.. I?m quite sure that Warners Bay are part of the top 4 being equal points to Kotara. We won that game 3-1.
And Dudley have played against another top 4 side and lost also?

Suns have played 9 games now all away from home for just the one loss on the weekend. The standards are high, there?s not much room for error if you want that top spot. The weekends game reflected that. I don?t think Dudley would have walked away from that game with a world of confidence thinking that it?s all done now. Lots of football to be played yet.
Warners Bay and Kotara right in it too. Dudley have both in the next three weeks which will either cement their top spot or see things get even tighter if results go the other way.

The post was a reply to Hacker who said I was being a tough marker against Dudley. I think Suns have had a very solid start to the season.

The top 4 do appear to be pulling away though and its interesting to see they have each only had the one loss with the odd draw or two separating the teams.