Who is moving where?
Are any clubs looking to move to NewFM?

Buddha
14-11-2022, 01:39 PM
Azzurri will need a new coach.

prawnhead
14-11-2022, 04:59 PM
Azzurri will need a new coach.

More importantly, do they have a new ground yet? Be hard to attract a new coach with the way 2022 played out ground wise for them.

gtg
15-11-2022, 10:56 AM
Does anyone know what the outcome is with promotion/relegation from last season?

Jardelsimage
15-11-2022, 03:00 PM
Does anyone know what the outcome is with promotion/relegation from last season?

i think we will have to wait to see if any of the ZPL sides have been accepted into NPL2, i heard 3 expressed an interest in going up.

The Hacker
15-11-2022, 03:02 PM
i think we will have to wait to see if any of the ZPL sides have been accepted into NPL2, i heard 3 expressed an interest in going up.

Who are the 3

Buddha
15-11-2022, 04:30 PM
More importantly, do they have a new ground yet? Be hard to attract a new coach with the way 2022 played out ground wise for them.

Can't do much when Newcastle Council don't want to upgrade the 1960's changerooms at Smith Park.

Buddha
15-11-2022, 04:31 PM
Who are the 3

My guess Mayfield, Warners Bay are 2 of them

mussfc
15-11-2022, 04:44 PM

Mayfield did not apply

The Hacker
15-11-2022, 05:57 PM

I’m hearing Westlakes are one. Surely not

NewyGossip
15-11-2022, 10:08 PM
Any player movements heard Cardiffs keeper is off to suns
Wes Pryce also

Goatscheese
16-11-2022, 03:21 PM
Mayfield did not apply

You guys should've great field to play on, strong base, and now an ex NL1 coach leading the club as well

Of course maybe they meant Mayfield Juniors and the Bates boys I'm guessing wouldn't mind that extra prestige

Jardelsimage
17-11-2022, 10:29 AM
Who are the 3

i was told WB, Mayfield and another (who was not Westlakes) i dont want to name them as not sure how true it is, going by posts since, that's not the case at all.

Westlakes is a surprise if it's true.

BlackPanther
17-11-2022, 12:52 PM
i was told WB, Mayfield and another (who was not Westlakes) i dont want to name them as not sure how true it is, going by posts since, that's not the case at all.

Westlakes is a surprise if it's true.

Warners Bay didn't apply. There are no new teams in NL1. 27 rounds with 3 byes each.

The Hacker
17-11-2022, 01:21 PM
Warners Bay didn't apply. There are no new teams in NL1. 27 rounds with 3 byes each.

Maybe no one applied. Why would you leave ZPL for NL1

Goatscheese
17-11-2022, 01:56 PM

Good outcome for them. 24 games, 4 more than NPL, 10 more than Zone. Rather play more games than less.

Hurricane
17-11-2022, 04:30 PM
Good outcome for them. 24 games, 4 more than NPL, 10 more than Zone. Rather play more games than less.
NPL has 22 games with New Lambton promoted Goats

The Hacker
17-11-2022, 07:32 PM
I think this comp will be strong next year. I hear a few of the strong teams recruiting well and strengthening and one or 2 of the lower teams doing the same. I think the jump from ZL1 to ZPL will be even bigger next season.

Kicktheball
18-11-2022, 07:35 AM
I think this comp will be strong next year. I hear a few of the strong teams recruiting well and strengthening and one or 2 of the lower teams doing the same. I think the jump from ZL1 to ZPL will be even bigger next season.

What have you heard? Or are you just making stuff up

NewyGossip
18-11-2022, 08:34 AM
What have you heard? Or are you just making stuff up

Sounds like his making stuff up
Kyle Hodges Cody Lucas and The Swan Twin that played at Bay last season have all been rumoured to be going to Dudley and Dudley have signed a couple young kids from Magic unsure of their names

Dudley looks like the team to beat

Have Hamilton Olympic been put up into ZPL ? If so who has Dropped out because Swansea advertised for a ZPL coach so they obviously haven’t dropped out

The Hacker
18-11-2022, 11:46 AM
Sounds like his making stuff up
Kyle Hodges Cody Lucas and The Swan Twin that played at Bay last season have all been rumoured to be going to Dudley and Dudley have signed a couple young kids from Magic unsure of their names

Dudley looks like the team to beat

Have Hamilton Olympic been put up into ZPL ? If so who has Dropped out because Swansea advertised for a ZPL coach so they obviously haven’t dropped out

I had heard the Swan one but not the others. I have heard Maj and the Vigilli’s to the Suns.

Also heard Mayfield picked up 3 from Jaffas

Like always I’ll believe it week one when players actually play

NewyGossip
18-11-2022, 12:13 PM
I had heard the Swan one but not the others. I have heard Maj and the Vigilli’s to the Suns.

Also heard Mayfield picked up 3 from Jaffas

Like always I’ll believe it week one when players actually play

Maj has already been announced at Lakes Again
And the Virgili boys retired I can 100% confirm they wont play football at all next season

The Hacker
18-11-2022, 02:30 PM
Maj has already been announced at Lakes Again
And the Virgili boys retired I can 100% confirm they wont play football at all next season

Then maybe not much will change

Lofty
18-11-2022, 03:00 PM
I heard Suns are playing out of Anfield next season and signing Cristiano Ronaldo on a family box of kebapi per week.

rawr.
20-11-2022, 10:58 AM
You guys should've great field to play on, strong base, and now an ex NL1 coach leading the club as well

Of course maybe they meant Mayfield Juniors and the Bates boys I'm guessing wouldn't mind that extra prestige

Big jump from ZL2 to NPL2. Bates boys aren't attached to Zone anymore.

gtg
21-11-2022, 09:51 AM
So by the looks of it: Azzurri captain (suns), olympic captain+two other key player (Dudley), AND the gun red headed fella from the bay (Dudley) all going to Dudley and Suns.

the big clubs will be very strong next year that's for sure. bring on 2023!!!

mge61
21-11-2022, 01:21 PM
So by the looks of it: Azzurri captain (suns), olympic captain+two other key player (Dudley), AND the gun red headed fella from the bay (Dudley) all going to Dudley and Suns.

Just replay this year's GF already. Clearly the two best teams strengthening for '23.

The Hacker
21-11-2022, 04:03 PM

If you believe gossip

Kicktheball
06-12-2022, 05:51 PM
Do we know yet what teams are in zone premier and zone league 1 for 2023? Anyone got any goss

UniMen
07-12-2022, 07:52 AM
Do we know yet what teams are in zone premier and zone league 1 for 2023? Anyone got any goss

From what it sounded like at yesterday’s meeting, and nothing confirmed our representative said the league structure will look a bit like this:

ZPL
Suns
Dudley
Warners Bay
Mayfield
Azzurri
Cardiff
Kotara
Cookers
Westlakes
Swansea
Olympic
(One spot up for grabs become 12 teams)

ZL1:
Norths
Minmi
Wallsend
Merewether
Uni
Lake Mac
New Lambton
Nelson Bay
Stocko
Croatia
South Maitland
Azzuri
Bolwarra
(Will become 12 teams)

ZL2:
Southern United (Forster)
Greta
Mayfield
Charlestown
Barnsley
Kahibah
Cardiff
Medowie
Bellbird
Lambton Jaffas
(10 teams)

This was off the top of his head post meeting so may be wrong and could obviously still change

Aegon
07-12-2022, 11:05 AM
From what it sounded like at yesterday’s meeting, and nothing confirmed our representative said the league structure will look a bit like this:

ZPL
Suns
Dudley
Warners Bay
Mayfield
Azzurri
Cardiff
Kotara
Cookers
Westlakes
Swansea
Olympic
(One spot up for grabs become 12 teams)

ZL1:
Norths
Minmi
Wallsend
Merewether
Uni
Lake Mac
New Lambton
Nelson Bay
Stocko
Croatia
South Maitland
Azzuri
Bolwarra
(Will become 12 teams)

ZL2:
Southern United (Forster)
Greta
Mayfield
Charlestown
Barnsley
Kahibah
Cardiff
Medowie
Bellbird
Lambton Jaffas
(10 teams)

This was off the top of his head post meeting so may be wrong and could obviously still change

3 tiers of roughly 10-12 teams with pro/rel. How good does that look?
With the junior decoupling progressing I would love to see it incorporate whatever NPL/NL1 looks like going forward.

mge61
07-12-2022, 01:20 PM
Thought I heard Bero were coming back next season

Jardelsimage
07-12-2022, 02:04 PM

Heard the same thing but, they haven't contacted the powers that be, thats why Forster are in(maybe)

VelkiKurac
07-12-2022, 03:44 PM

Heard they couldn’t get a committee.

VelkiKurac
07-12-2022, 03:45 PM
Heard the same thing but, they haven't contacted the powers that be, thats why Forster are in(maybe)

Forster what a joke!

ForeverRed
07-12-2022, 03:46 PM
Forster what a joke! why,

VelkiKurac
07-12-2022, 03:52 PM
why,

Distance.

Swanky
07-12-2022, 07:14 PM
Foster no difference to Muswellbrook. Good to see a team from up north weekend away.

mge61
07-12-2022, 07:29 PM
Foster no difference to Muswellbrook. Good to see a team from up north weekend away.

Exactly, plenty of good weekends had at Mus Vegas over the years.

Buddha
08-12-2022, 10:35 AM
Forster is a great trip away and they have a pretty good bunch of players to bring together as well

Zonal Marking
08-12-2022, 02:30 PM
Forster is a great trip away and they have a pretty good bunch of players to bring together as well

Yeah I’m on board with this. A weekend away during the season will be great. It’s the norm for teams in rural areas to travel hours for their fixtures every second weekend so I reckon us Newy folk could handle doing it once a year.

Stopit
08-12-2022, 03:16 PM
Yeah I’m on board with this. A weekend away during the season will be great. It’s the norm for teams in rural areas to travel hours for their fixtures every second weekend so I reckon us Newy folk could handle doing it once a year.

An extra 2 games too. Hoping the clubs vote in favour.

anfield
09-12-2022, 09:21 AM

My major concern will be that Southern United will be too strong for zl2. Considering that they made the Grand Final in the Coastal Premier League. Teams in this competition normally play off against NNSW NPL teams in the Australia Cup quater finals.
One of these teams was only beaten 3-1 by broadmeadow magic, I can't see any zl2 teams getting a result close to that.
I think if they come in they should start in a higher grade.

Too many clubs have come into zl3 lately and been pumped by teams that shouldn't have been in the bottom division. The result is that clubs drop out of zone league which isn't good for anyone

ForeverRed
09-12-2022, 11:20 AM
My major concern will be that Southern United will be too strong for zl2. Considering that they made the Grand Final in the Coastal Premier League. Teams in this competition normally play off against NNSW NPL teams in the Australia Cup quater finals.
One of these teams was only beaten 3-1 by broadmeadow magic, I can't see any zl2 teams getting a result close to that.
I think if they come in they should start in a higher grade.

Too many clubs have come into zl3 lately and been pumped by teams that shouldn't have been in the bottom division. The result is that clubs drop out of zone league which isn't good for anyone

Just get better at what you do, the comps not there so you can be the best worst team, as a player you want to play against the best, here’s your chance

anfield
10-12-2022, 07:07 AM
Just get better at what you do, the comps not there so you can be the best worst team, as a player you want to play against the best, hereÂ’s your chance

Sometimes you just shake your head......
Look our guys will take on anyone put in our competition next year and try and win.

The fact is the competitions are supposed to be ranked, so the best should be in ZPL. So we are never going to play the 'best'

My point is these competitions have been rearranged for next season, some things like relegation has gone out the window. There is a rule, That all teams must start in the bottom grade. But in previous years it's been quite clear that teams like Minmi, Lakes and Newcastle croatia were going to be too good for the bottom division. My information was that one of these clubs asked to skip the bottom grade as they knew they would be too good for the division.

Southern United are coming into Zone League Football only because the Coastal Premier League has folded as the teams around Coffs Harbour didn't want to travel to Taree or Foster.
I'm happy for them to compete in the zone league but I'm not sure a team that made the Grand Final in the Coastal Premier League should be put in the bottom zone league division. Foster is a decent sized place, I'm sure they will have a lot bigger pool of players to select from then other zl2 teams.

If they are strong I'm sure you will see a few forfeits from lower teams towards the end of the year for away games. That will definitely not be the case in our squad but it's happened before and will likely happen again.

The Hacker
10-12-2022, 03:37 PM
Any truth to the whisper that Minmi are off to ZPL

riverboy
11-12-2022, 07:14 AM
Sometimes you just shake your head......
Look our guys will take on anyone put in our competition next year and try and win.

The fact is the competitions are supposed to be ranked, so the best should be in ZPL. So we are never going to play the 'best'

My point is these competitions have been rearranged for next season, some things like relegation has gone out the window. There is a rule, That all teams must start in the bottom grade. But in previous years it's been quite clear that teams like Minmi, Lakes and Newcastle croatia were going to be too good for the bottom division. My information was that one of these clubs asked to skip the bottom grade as they knew they would be too good for the division.

Southern United are coming into Zone League Football only because the Coastal Premier League has folded as the teams around Coffs Harbour didn't want to travel to Taree or Foster.
I'm happy for them to compete in the zone league but I'm not sure a team that made the Grand Final in the Coastal Premier League should be put in the bottom zone league division. Foster is a decent sized place, I'm sure they will have a lot bigger pool of players to select from then other zl2 teams.

If they are strong I'm sure you will see a few forfeits from lower teams towards the end of the year for away games. That will definitely not be the case in our squad but it's happened before and will likely happen again.

One thing that has been noticeable for years is the guy that runs these comps has little interest in zl2 or zl3 competitions. This was highlighted by his decision to play both grand finals this year at the same venue on the same day. They would have just taken their application without asking too many questions.

For mine, I agree they probably should be in zl1.

I not sure why they have expanded the competitions. ZPL is a decent competition, but the bottom 2 teams last year struggled. Were they just looking for a way to keep swansea up? Reward the mediocrity.

10,10, 8 and 6 should have been the way they went.

gtg
11-12-2022, 04:01 PM
This was highlighted by his decision to play both grand finals this year at the same venue on the same day.

that was a disgraceful decision

Jardelsimage
12-12-2022, 05:55 AM
One thing that has been noticeable for years is the guy that runs these comps has little interest in zl2 or zl3 competitions. This was highlighted by his decision to play both grand finals this year at the same venue on the same day. They would have just taken their application without asking too many questions.

For mine, I agree they probably should be in zl1.

I not sure why they have expanded the competitions. ZPL is a decent competition, but the bottom 2 teams last year struggled. Were they just looking for a way to keep swansea up? Reward the mediocrity.

10,10, 8 and 6 should have been the way they went.

well the guy that ran these comps is handing the batten to Steph from Newcastle Football. RH is not well and is stepping aside, maybe a bit of a puppet master, but Steph will be the one.

We could have went with 10, 10, 10 and 4 maybe, i can see what they trying to do with the 12 team comps.
They probably need more junior clubs to promote ZL football, move some of their AA sides into the lower divisions.

ZL is their premier comp and needs to be promoted as such, maybe a sponsor?? i dont know but it needs to be at the top of the list.

Jardelsimage
14-12-2022, 02:49 PM
Any truth to the whisper that Minmi are off to ZPL

Whisper is correct, Minmi into the ZPL

The Hacker
14-12-2022, 03:10 PM

So an extra 4 games in the ZPL season. I’m guessing it will need to start earlier

Kicktheball
14-12-2022, 03:35 PM

Really? They will get pumped and possibly be weaker then westlakes

Premy
14-12-2022, 04:39 PM
So an extra 4 games in the ZPL season. I’m guessing it will need to start earlier

Possibly scheduled midweek fixtures.

WWFC25
14-12-2022, 08:01 PM
Possibly scheduled midweek fixtures.

The draft draw will be released in the New Year according to latest email.

I was at the meeting last week and they did mention midweek games will be scheduled for ZPL and ZL1 since they are 12 team comps. Season to start 31 Mar, 1/2 April weekend. Potentially earlier for teams that could host earlier matches.

Confirmed changes to divisions of Zone League 2023

New to Premier League (12 Team Comp): Newcastle Olympic FC (League One 2022 Premiers), Minmi Wanderers FC (2nd in League One 2022)

New to League One (12 Team Comp): South Maitland FC (League Two Premiers 2022), Bolwarra Lorn SC (2nd in League Two 2022), Hamilton Azzurri FC (League Three Premiers 2022), Newcastle Croatia FC (2nd in League Three 2022)

New to League Two: Lambton JFC and Mid Coast

Raymond Terrace and Charlestown clubs were the two to drop out for next season.

The Hacker
14-12-2022, 10:49 PM
The draft draw will be released in the New Year according to latest email.

I was at the meeting last week and they did mention midweek games will be scheduled for ZPL and ZL1 since they are 12 team comps. Season to start 31 Mar, 1/2 April weekend. Potentially earlier for teams that could host earlier matches.

Confirmed changes to divisions of Zone League 2023

New to Premier League (12 Team Comp): Newcastle Olympic FC (League One 2022 Premiers), Minmi Wanderers FC (2nd in League One 2022)

New to League One (12 Team Comp): South Maitland FC (League Two Premiers 2022), Bolwarra Lorn SC (2nd in League Two 2022), Hamilton Azzurri FC (League Three Premiers 2022), Newcastle Croatia FC (2nd in League Three 2022)

New to League Two: Lambton JFC and Mid Coast

Raymond Terrace and Charlestown clubs were the two to drop out for next season.

That is a fall from grace for Raymond Terrace they dominated the lower leagues then got to ZPL and dropped back out as quick as they came to a point that they now have no Zone league team. What happened there for that to happen

Jardelsimage
15-12-2022, 05:52 AM
That is a fall from grace for Raymond Terrace they dominated the lower leagues then got to ZPL and dropped back out as quick as they came to a point that they now have no Zone league team. What happened there for that to happen

run out of money

sideline88
15-12-2022, 07:12 AM
run out of money

more like a change of people involved for Raymond Terrace, alot of years put in by a few people up there that kept the Zone League side of things moving nicely. still unfortunate to see

onlooker
15-12-2022, 10:50 PM
What actually happened at Raymond Terrace was the long time serving coach decided it was time to move on and spend time watching his grandchildren play football, and many long serving players also decided that was the time for them to stop playing or take a step back and play all age. Myself and another player took over the coaching roles and with the amount of players leaving and not much coming through the youth at the time we made the decision to drop down the ZL2. Covid then hit and the club made the tough call to not play that season we did try and convince them to allow the zone league team to continue as allowing players to go else where would make it hard to get them back. Which turned out to be exactly what happened as myself and the other coach took up other opportunities so there was no one to get everyone back the following year. This season gone the president did make efforts to try and get some of the former players back but to my knowledge none returned.
It is a shame that Raymond Terrace are no longer apart of zone league.

The Hacker
16-12-2022, 10:10 AM
What actually happened at Raymond Terrace was the long time serving coach decided it was time to move on and spend time watching his grandchildren play football, and many long serving players also decided that was the time for them to stop playing or take a step back and play all age. Myself and another player took over the coaching roles and with the amount of players leaving and not much coming through the youth at the time we made the decision to drop down the ZL2. Covid then hit and the club made the tough call to not play that season we did try and convince them to allow the zone league team to continue as allowing players to go else where would make it hard to get them back. Which turned out to be exactly what happened as myself and the other coach took up other opportunities so there was no one to get everyone back the following year. This season gone the president did make efforts to try and get some of the former players back but to my knowledge none returned.
It is a shame that Raymond Terrace are no longer apart of zone league.

Such a big area to not be in the comp

onlooker
16-12-2022, 01:23 PM

Looks like the club itself is in trouble really struggling to get volunteers and committee members to keep the club running, from what I’ve seen from their Facebook page!!

Jim
17-12-2022, 04:16 PM

Bogan league town. Plenty of sporty kids who choose not to play. Tragic.

KITZ
18-12-2022, 05:15 PM

Aside from being completely offensive, many (both girls and boys) are playing NPL in Newcastle or elsewhere or in the Jets / Mariners setup from the area. League is big for locals, but the footballers move on because port Stephens simply doesn't have the level of football they are looking for.

Jim
21-12-2022, 08:09 AM
Aside from being completely offensive, many (both girls and boys) are playing NPL in Newcastle or elsewhere or in the Jets / Mariners setup from the area. League is big for locals, but the footballers move on because port Stephens simply doesn't have the level of football they are looking for.

Lets speak the truth not Millennial Woke crap champ.

And why isnt there a strong comp up there? Because you like it when kids have a choice and all go to the same strong clubs.
Shot yourself in the foot again there.

Redback
22-12-2022, 04:41 PM
When are the zone league draws expected to be released?

gtg
03-01-2023, 01:01 PM

Correct. Truth hurts.

KITZ
04-01-2023, 07:55 PM
Lets speak the truth not Millennial Woke crap champ.

And why isnt there a strong comp up there? Because you like it when kids have a choice and all go to the same strong clubs.
Shot yourself in the foot again there.

I think it's time for you to grow up, you sound like a toddler, and frankly you are just wrong. I also doubt you even know what the meaning of millennial and woke actually is - you just sound like an old man trying to stay relevant.

The only way I'd shoot myself in the foot is I listened to any of the advice you seem to keep handing out, its pretty piss poor.

Jim
04-01-2023, 11:23 PM
I think it's time for you to grow up, you sound like a toddler, and frankly you are just wrong. I also doubt you even know what the meaning of millennial and woke actually is - you just sound like an old man trying to stay relevant.

The only way I'd shoot myself in the foot is I listened to any of the advice you seem to keep handing out, its pretty piss poor.

Yawn. The dumbest knob on here keeps spouting junk. Go away already. You are irrelevant to life let alone football.

Premy
05-01-2023, 08:56 AM
I find it hilarious when a person comes to a Public forum and tells other's to "Go away".
You have a simple action that you can do if you don't like what is said in here, nobody is forcing you to this site.

Aegon
05-01-2023, 01:02 PM
Let’s not clutter the ZPL thread with random arguments. Back on topic.

Kicktheball
05-01-2023, 01:42 PM
Let’s not clutter the ZPL thread with random arguments. Back on topic.

Agree..

Who had recruited well?
When are the draws out?
Will minmi be strong enough?

Buddha
05-01-2023, 08:36 PM
If the rumours are true about the coach for Newcastle Croatia's 3rd Grade side then i can see them needing a new 3rd grade coach by next month.

The Hacker
05-01-2023, 09:11 PM
If the rumours are true about the coach for Newcastle Croatia's 3rd Grade side then i can see them needing a new 3rd grade coach by next month.

Do tell

Buddha
05-01-2023, 10:03 PM
Was at Stocko for a long time, never played higher than 3rd grade, can see him butting heads and clashing with people. Will be surprised if he is there by the start of the season. Nice bloke though.

VelkiKurac
06-01-2023, 12:44 PM
Was at Stocko for a long time, never played higher than 3rd grade, can see him butting heads and clashing with people. Will be surprised if he is there by the start of the season. Nice bloke though.

Worry about your own club Scott.

The Hacker
06-01-2023, 01:27 PM
Worry about your own club Scott.

Will be interesting how Croatia go jumping 2 divisions. I think first grade will be no issue at all but the lower grades will be where they may or may not find it harder. Bringing in a whole new grade with thirds is never easy for clubs.

VelkiKurac
06-01-2023, 02:45 PM
Will be interesting how Croatia go jumping 2 divisions. I think first grade will be no issue at all but the lower grades will be where they may or may not find it harder. Bringing in a whole new grade with thirds is never easy for clubs.

Have no choice, is what it is.

Jardelsimage
06-01-2023, 06:14 PM

has something changed, Croatia is in ZL1 not the ZPL so lets keep discussions where they should be,

The Hacker
06-01-2023, 09:39 PM
has something changed, Croatia is in ZL1 not the ZPL so lets keep discussions where they should be,

My mistake. How’s the player exodus after Davo left as coach

Hurricane
06-01-2023, 09:54 PM
My mistake. How’s the player exodus after Davo left as coach
Why did Davo leave and who is the new coach

The Hacker
06-01-2023, 10:08 PM

I hear the reserve grade coach thought he could do a better job. I think Cardiff are in for a tough year

riverboy
06-01-2023, 10:42 PM

They probably misread it. Thinking it was 2024 Zone Premier League.

Kicktheball
09-01-2023, 04:23 PM
I hear the reserve grade coach thought he could do a better job. I think Cardiff are in for a tough year

Didn’t that coach get them to a grand final?

Jardelsimage
10-01-2023, 06:21 AM

craig foster and Ben Edwards are the new coaches.

Not much more to say except Davo is not coaching, no details other than that.

cheers

Buddha
10-01-2023, 11:40 AM
Azzurri have a new coach, not sure about incoming players or outgoing.

The Hacker
10-01-2023, 12:03 PM
Azzurri have a new coach, not sure about incoming players or outgoing.

So Cardiff, Azzurri, Mayfield have new coaches. Any others. Any clubs with any notable signings. I see some clubs have started pre season and have trials coming up in Jan. Once teams trial and blokes turn up then we will know

ForeverRed
10-01-2023, 06:19 PM
So Cardiff, Azzurri, Mayfield have new coaches. Any others. Any clubs with any notable signings. I see some clubs have started pre season and have trials coming up in Jan. Once teams trial and blokes turn up then we will know
The thistles will be strong,

The Hacker
10-01-2023, 07:06 PM
The thistles will be strong,

What are you hearing Forever

Buddha
11-01-2023, 07:44 AM
They're always strong, plus having won a GF it'll attract players knowing they can play for a successful team

ForeverRed
11-01-2023, 11:18 AM
What are you hearing Forever
Swan brother, Kyle Hodges, Matt Tull to name a couple

Bremsstrahlung
11-01-2023, 08:07 PM

Azzurri FC 2012

Lofty
12-01-2023, 09:23 AM

+ Dom Bizzarri & Rene Ferg

The Hacker
12-01-2023, 10:51 AM
+ Dom Bizzarri & Rene Ferg

If those 5 arrive that would be interesting

Lofty
12-01-2023, 02:15 PM
If those 5 arrive that would be interesting

I'm mates with Dom, Rene and Kyle - those three are playing. Don't know Tully or Swanny boys that well, but the others have said they are also. I'd be surprised if they aren't all there. Reags there next year.
Wilso definitely making a positive impact at the club. They'll be tough to knock off.

MurderOnZidanesFloor
14-01-2023, 09:14 PM
I'm mates with Dom, Rene and Kyle - those three are playing. Don't know Tully or Swanny boys that well, but the others have said they are also. I'd be surprised if they aren't all there. Reags there next year.
Wilso definitely making a positive impact at the club. They'll be tough to knock off.

Everyone likes to throw shade at the Suns for paying players. It would be intriguing to know the amount of cheddar outlaid on that line up.

Kicktheball
16-01-2023, 05:42 PM
Everyone likes to throw shade at the Suns for paying players. It would be intriguing to know the amount of cheddar outlaid on that line up.

So Dudley have recruited well, should win with that squad. Minmi will be sneaky I believe, especially going to that shithole to play.

Can’t see the cats being strong at all, hard to attract players and we’rent up to ZPL last year. They should swap with Croatia this year get it over and done with.

Bring on the season

prawnhead
16-01-2023, 08:15 PM

A solid bit of mail Lofty, but from the rumours I’ve heard you’re a bit off the cheddar. All 5 will be at Dudley next year, but only 1 playing in the ZPL team. The other 4 signed for the all conquering 2022 Dudley Friday night o/35 G grade side. The underage bloke pick’s himself in the ZPL side.

Reags was going to come this year, but the Club wasn’t able to obtain a legitimate birth certificate. All involved agreed it was best he stayed at Azzurri for 1 more year of cheddar.

2023 should be a good year.

Lofty
17-01-2023, 09:06 AM
A solid bit of mail Lofty, but from the rumours I’ve heard you’re a bit off the cheddar. All 5 will be at Dudley next year, but only 1 playing in the ZPL team. The other 4 signed for the all conquering 2022 Dudley Friday night o/35 G grade side. The underage bloke pick’s himself in the ZPL side.

Reags was going to come this year, but the Club wasn’t able to obtain a legitimate birth certificate. All involved agreed it was best he stayed at Azzurri for 1 more year of cheddar.

2023 should be a good year.

Well the boys themselves must be telling me porkies.. Rumours are when you get a bit of hearsay from someone else, but when it comes from the horses mouth, I tend to believe it.
And that's what I said, Reags staying at Azzurri this year, swapping for black and white next year.

The Hacker
17-01-2023, 10:57 AM
So Dudley have recruited well, should win with that squad. Minmi will be sneaky I believe, especially going to that shithole to play.

Can’t see the cats being strong at all, hard to attract players and we’rent up to ZPL last year. They should swap with Croatia this year get it over and done with.

Bring on the season

Dudley haven’t even started preseason so let’s wait to see who actually turns up. What makes you think that Minmi will be sneaky they would need a strong recruitment to challenge the top half.
Also tough assessment of the Cats last year who beat the Suns and finished the same as the Swans.
I think the hard part of ZPL is the first year if you survive that first year your in a better position to strengthen and stay up

gtg
19-01-2023, 01:34 PM
Well the boys themselves must be telling me porkies.. Rumours are when you get a bit of hearsay from someone else, but when it comes from the horses mouth, I tend to believe it.
And that's what I said, Reags staying at Azzurri this year, swapping for black and white next year.

Lofty is 100% right here by the way.

Zonal Marking
19-01-2023, 02:09 PM
Lofty is 100% right here by the way.

I get the impression Prawnhead was throwing you all a line with his Dudley over 35s comment and it looked like he definitely got a few bites.

Those are some quality additions to what was already the best team in the competition though. Dudley definitely early season favourites in my opinion.

WWFC25
19-01-2023, 05:21 PM
Can confirm that true to form the Cats have no new signings to mention since we decided to build a club 30km away from anywhere :)

On a different note what did people get their regos down to??

Lofty you don’t need to answer as I know from previous seasons that you pay regos and some on top……

VelkiKurac
21-01-2023, 11:51 AM
Azzurri v Croatia today in 2 grades
Res 1145
1sts 230
Tarro Park

The Hacker
21-01-2023, 06:00 PM
Azzurri v Croatia today in 2 grades
Res 1145
1sts 230
Tarro Park

Trials and some teams haven’t started preseason. Makes a long season. What was the score. Assuming it was Hamilton Azzurri

VelkiKurac
21-01-2023, 06:32 PM
Trials and some teams haven’t started preseason. Makes a long season. What was the score. Assuming it was Hamilton Azzurri

Sure does, too early imo.
1sts 4-1 Croatia
Res 2-0 Croatia

The Hacker
21-01-2023, 07:48 PM
Sure does, too early imo.
1sts 4-1 Croatia
Res 2-0 Croatia

They aren’t playing for sheep stations. What other ZPL teams are Croatia playing. Good to see them play the Suns or Dudley and give a good indication as to where they are in terms of pushing for promotion

VelkiKurac
21-01-2023, 07:53 PM
They aren’t playing for sheep stations. What other ZPL teams are Croatia playing. Good to see them play the Suns or Dudley and give a good indication as to where they are in terms of pushing for promotion

Both Suns and Dudley.

The Hacker
21-01-2023, 08:11 PM
Both Suns and Dudley.

Both will be good hit outs for all teams involved

Zonal Marking
21-01-2023, 08:33 PM

Croatia only lost 1-0 to Wbay in the ffa cup last year. Warners were one of the stronger sides in last years ZPL competition so I can’t imagine Croatia are too far off being able to handle themselves if they make the step up.

magician
21-01-2023, 08:52 PM
Croatia only lost 1-0 to Wbay in the ffa cup last year. Warners were one of the stronger sides in last years ZPL competition so I can’t imagine Croatia are too far off being able to handle themselves if they make the step up.

Money talks $$$

Sideline
21-01-2023, 11:11 PM

The gk was the difference that day had a top match should of been atleast 3 plus, was beaten by a screamer they were under the pump from the get go and really only had a few chances late in the game I suspect they are a much better squad now after a season together though so should be up for it providing they havn't lost anyone and picked up a few additions

Kicktheball
24-01-2023, 07:09 AM
The gk was the difference that day had a top match should of been atleast 3 plus, was beaten by a screamer they were under the pump from the get go and really only had a few chances late in the game I suspect they are a much better squad now after a season together though so should be up for it providing they havn't lost anyone and picked up a few additions

Is there a world where Croatia can jump into ZPL in the first few games of the season?

Swanky
24-01-2023, 08:38 AM
Is there a world where Croatia can jump into ZPL in the first few games of the season?

Croatia could not even win ZL3 and everyone wants them in ZPL

VelkiKurac
24-01-2023, 10:24 AM
Don’t upset Jardel again. Remember this is ZPL thread not ZPL1 hahahaha

Jardelsimage
24-01-2023, 11:20 AM
Don’t upset Jardel again. Remember this is ZPL thread not ZPL1 hahahaha

correct

Aegon
24-01-2023, 11:33 AM
If anyone wants other zone league threads opened, feel free to create them and I will approve them ASAP.

Buddha
24-01-2023, 04:17 PM
correct

Back on topic of ZPL teams. How's Evans Park looking so far Jardel?

Lofty
25-01-2023, 05:51 PM
If anyone is keen for a hit of football or kebapi, the Suns and Magic seniors & juniors are hosting Maso Cup this weekend.

This is the biggest Maso Cup as far as particiaption goes with 17 clubs from across Australia here for the weekend including the likes of Rockdale Suns, Preston Lions, Altona Magic. Games will be played Friday night at Magic park and then Saturday on Myer Park, Adamtown oval and the fields between across two opens mens divisions, under 20's, over 35's and womens comps.
Sunday is finals day with the games being held at Adamstown oval and some on Myer.

No cover charge at any of the venues, plenty of food and drink for those interested!

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=707515537746710&set=a.606101011221497

MurderOnZidanesFloor
31-01-2023, 02:32 PM
If anyone is keen for a hit of football or kebapi, the Suns and Magic seniors & juniors are hosting Maso Cup this weekend.

This is the biggest Maso Cup as far as particiaption goes with 17 clubs from across Australia here for the weekend including the likes of Rockdale Suns, Preston Lions, Altona Magic. Games will be played Friday night at Magic park and then Saturday on Myer Park, Adamtown oval and the fields between across two opens mens divisions, under 20's, over 35's and womens comps.
Sunday is finals day with the games being held at Adamstown oval and some on Myer.

No cover charge at any of the venues, plenty of food and drink for those interested!

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=707515537746710&set=a.606101011221497

Who won bud?
Hearing there was a nasty injury to one of your boys, hoping he is able to play this season.

Lofty
31-01-2023, 03:16 PM
Who won bud?
Hearing there was a nasty injury to one of your boys, hoping he is able to play this season.

We lost the final in our division to Rockdale.

Yeah, unfortunately one of our first grade boys broke both arms. Going up for a header he was colided into and broke both bones in his right forearm and then when landing put out his left arm and broke that above his wrist. Horrible thing to happen and hopefully a speedy recovery for him.

The Hacker
31-01-2023, 03:26 PM
We lost the final in our division to Rockdale.

Yeah, unfortunately one of our first grade boys broke both arms. Going up for a header he was colided into and broke both bones in his right forearm and then when landing put out his left arm and broke that above his wrist. Horrible thing to happen and hopefully a speedy recovery for him.

I heard that I was 2 broken arms but it was from a mate of a mate so found it hard to imagine. Hope the bloke is ok and you get him back at some stage

Lofty
31-01-2023, 03:39 PM
I heard that I was 2 broken arms but it was from a mate of a mate so found it hard to imagine. Hope the bloke is ok and you get him back at some stage

Yeah I can imagine it would have been hard to believe without seeing what happened. Certainly some rotten luck.

The Hacker
31-01-2023, 04:32 PM
Yeah I can imagine it would have been hard to believe without seeing what happened. Certainly some rotten luck.

Rotten luck doesn’t sum it up. All the best to him. Well done to the Suns and Magic on the Maso cup great to see so many clubs from around the country in town

magician
03-02-2023, 08:29 AM

Rene has signed with Charlestown

The Hacker
03-02-2023, 09:02 AM
Rene has signed with Charlestown

Don’t think he was ever leaving

VelkiKurac
04-02-2023, 06:35 PM
What’s doing over at Cardiff? Heard they are struggling and pulled out of 2 trials.

The Hacker
04-02-2023, 07:11 PM
What’s doing over at Cardiff? Heard they are struggling and pulled out of 2 trials.

Maybe they are discovering that the Reggies coach may not have been a better option than Davo. Davo could always draw players

riverboy
04-02-2023, 07:22 PM

If there pulling out of trials they must be short of players. Possibly they might move into zl1 if short of quality

Yesk21
04-02-2023, 10:08 PM
If they’re pulling out of trials they must be short of players. Possibly they might move into zl1 if short of quality

Cardiff v stags tomorrow unless that’s been canceled

GO AWAY
05-02-2023, 05:12 PM
Stags v Cardiff happened

VelkiKurac
05-02-2023, 08:19 PM
Stags v Cardiff happened

Scores ?

GO AWAY
05-02-2023, 10:12 PM
With fear of causing unneeded concern and jibes at Cardiff, it was a very light hearted trial I think in very hot conditions.
Reserves 7-1
First 12-2
Only a trial and I’m sure Cardiff will strengthen before season kickoff.
Stags same side as last year less Smith and Dundas

riverboy
05-02-2023, 11:00 PM
With fear of causing unneeded concern and jibes at Cardiff, it was a very light hearted trial I think in very hot conditions.
Reserves 7-1
First 12-2

Embarrassing for Cardiff, Toronto were Mid table last year.

The Hacker
05-02-2023, 11:22 PM
Reserves 7-1
First 12-2

Unneeded concern. To be beat by 10 goal by a mid table side last year if that doesn’t create concern I would hate to see when concern can start

VelkiKurac
06-02-2023, 07:42 AM
Reserves 7-1
First 12-2

Wow

VelkiKurac
06-02-2023, 08:01 AM
Croatia V Suns
This Saturday at Pasadena

Luka Boban
06-02-2023, 09:17 AM
Croatia V Suns
This Saturday at Pasadena
Interesting match up to see where both clubs are at. Croatia already have the scalps of Azzurri and Cessnock in pre-season trials and certainly after only losing 3-0 to Edgy on the weekend will not be fazed one bit in facing the Suns this weekend.

Luka Boban
06-02-2023, 09:24 AM
Money talks $$$
Money and $$$ are the same thing Einstein so I'm not sure what you're trying to allude to here Mr Magic?

The Hacker
06-02-2023, 09:55 AM
Money and $$$ are the same thing Einstein so I'm not sure what you're trying to allude to here Mr Magic?

That Croatia pay players. Thought he made it pretty clear

VelkiKurac
06-02-2023, 10:02 AM

You blokes are going to upset Jardel again hahahahah
Although he might be busy in crisis mode at Cardiff.

Luka Boban
06-02-2023, 10:34 AM
Based on what evidence?
Just because they are able to attract quality players doesn't necessarily mean it's all to do with money.
You get a good vibe and a real football culture happening at a club with a good nucleus of quality players and a driven administration, it's like a snowball affect where you get more quality players wanting to come over to the club.

gtg
06-02-2023, 10:50 AM
Based on what evidence?
Just because they are able to attract quality players doesn't necessarily mean it's all to do with money.
You get a good vibe and a real football culture happening at a club with a good nucleus of quality players and a driven administration, it's like a snowball affect where you get more quality players wanting to come over to the club.

Listen, buddy. It's obvious to us all that you only made an account here to come and defend your club which is OK but you need to at least catch up on the assumed knowledge of the forum. Myself, along with others here, know people who have been offered thousands of $ to go to Newcastle Croatia. So unless multiple different players are all lying coincidentally about the same thing, you guys pay players.

I'm not trying to cast aspersions here either as I have come to believe paying your players or their rego isn't something to be embarrassed about but a fact is a fact.

Anyways back on topic: Lofty how is your player who hurt his arms? That has to be the most unlucky outcome of going up for a header that I have ever heard of.

VelkiKurac
06-02-2023, 10:56 AM
Listen, buddy. It's obvious to us all that you only made an account here to come and defend your club which is OK but you need to at least catch up on the assumed knowledge of the forum. Myself, along with others here, know people who have been offered thousands of $ to go to Newcastle Croatia. So unless multiple different players are all lying coincidentally about the same thing, you guys pay players.

I'm not trying to cast aspersions here either as I have come to believe paying your players or their rego isn't something to be embarrassed about but a fact is a fact.

Anyways back on topic: Lofty how is your player who hurt his arms? That has to be the most unlucky outcome of going up for a header that I have ever heard of.

Hahahahahhahahahahhahahahah

Bon
06-02-2023, 11:43 AM
:popcorn:

The Hacker
06-02-2023, 12:28 PM
Hahahahahhahahahahhahahahah

So hand on heart Croatia don’t pay players or pay rego’s. Be mindful most blokes on here know players at your club

VelkiKurac
06-02-2023, 12:32 PM
So hand on heart Croatia don’t pay players or pay rego’s. Be mindful most blokes on here know players at your club

100% pay some Regos for 1s but deffo not all and that’s it.

I assume most clubs pay some Regos.

The Hacker
06-02-2023, 01:19 PM

I would suggest most in ZPL do.

Kye_Fauchon
06-02-2023, 07:46 PM
Hearing Azzurri have high aspirations for the season. Would be surprised if they don’t win it.

Zonal Marking
06-02-2023, 09:04 PM
Hearing Azzurri have high aspirations for the season. Would be surprised if they don’t win it.

Prepare to be surprised then

The Hacker
06-02-2023, 09:21 PM
Prepare to be surprised then

😂😂

Kye_Fauchon
06-02-2023, 09:54 PM
Laugh all you want gents, I’m just telling you clowns how it is

riverboy
06-02-2023, 10:25 PM

If think every team has big aspirations this time of year. Reality is someone has to finish first and someone will finish last. Everyone else will finish somewhere in between.

The Hacker
07-02-2023, 08:19 AM

I’ll play along. Who have Azzurri picked up that will see them beat the 4 teams that finished ahead of them last year. Because all the talk is those sides have gotten stronger

Jardelsimage
07-02-2023, 12:01 PM
Well WTF has happened, go away for a 4-day golf binge and farkkk

So let me address the issues raised.

Yes we have lost some players, all clubs go through this once in a while, due to many reasons, AA is a big factor this year (we now have 2 AA sides mainly made up of ex ZPL players from over the years gone) plus a couple of players have gone back into higher grades.

ZPL side didn't cancel 2 games, the other was ZL2(had one training session under their belt, so cancelled.
ZPL cancelled the Croats as we had only 2 ourselves and the players added might be a bit much, Tuesday back up Sunday, so we dumped that one.

Thanks for all the concerns folks but we will be right, plans are in place and shit loads behind the scenes are happening.

12-1 or whatever is not a great look, Suns beat us by 5 with a full squad.
I have said many a time before, no excuses from us for Sunday's result, we just weren't ready on the day.

cheers

and yes this is a ZPL thread hahahaha

Luka Boban
07-02-2023, 01:09 PM

A big LOL to the "assumed knowledge of the forum". Only confirms that the old Chinese whispers that this town thrives on are alive and well.
We've had players turn up to training from NL1 and ZPL clubs wanting to trial because they have heard 1) good reports about the club through mates.
2) there is a strong nucleus of quality players already here.
I suppose it's much easier to push this myth that oh they're paying the players rather than acknowledge that hey the club must be doing something right!

Lofty
07-02-2023, 01:53 PM
Let's be real here. It's pretty obvious that Croatia are offering more kebapi to new players.

Zonal Marking
07-02-2023, 02:27 PM
A big LOL to the "assumed knowledge of the forum". Only confirms that the old Chinese whispers that this town thrives on are alive and well.
We've had players turn up to training from NL1 and ZPL clubs wanting to trial because they have heard 1) good reports about the club through mates.
2) there is a strong nucleus of quality players already here.
I suppose it's much easier to push this myth that oh they're paying the players rather than acknowledge that hey the club must be doing something right!

If you have NL1 players coming down and expecting to dominate the ZPL they are in for a shock. And unless those ZPL players are the best ones from Dudley, Suns, Warners Bay or Mayfield I’m not sure what is giving you so much confidence that you will be ‘surprised’ if Azzurri don’t win the comp.

VelkiKurac
07-02-2023, 02:54 PM
Let's be real here. It's pretty obvious that Croatia are offering more kebapi to new players.

Hahhahaha

Eastwest
07-02-2023, 03:13 PM
Are we really chest beating about who is best 3rd div club?

my badge is way better man! :wacko::wacko:

The Hacker
07-02-2023, 03:32 PM
FFA cup draw seemed generous to ZPL sides in round 1 that could make some interesting NL1v ZPL games in round 2

ZLWB
07-02-2023, 03:54 PM
How’s Macca doing, Lofty?
Nasty injury(s)

Lofty
07-02-2023, 04:13 PM
How’s Macca doing, Lofty?
Nasty injury(s)

He's doing as well as you can be whilst having a cast on each arm..
Had surgery on right arm the night of the game and was seeing specialist today I believe to see whether the left arm is going to self heal or require surgery also.

Zonal Marking
07-02-2023, 09:05 PM
FFA cup draw seemed generous to ZPL sides in round 1 that could make some interesting NL1v ZPL games in round 2

Last season the ZPL teams won the majority of the fixtures against NL1 opposition. Will be interesting to see if history repeats itself

VelkiKurac
07-02-2023, 09:13 PM
Croatia V Suns off

Croatia looking for a trial this weekend. Any clubs interested please email
croatianewcastlefc@gmail.com

The Hacker
07-02-2023, 10:22 PM
Croatia V Suns off

Croatia looking for a trial this weekend. Any clubs interested please email
croatianewcastlefc@gmail.com

That’s a shame would of been a good game

Buddha
08-02-2023, 07:45 AM
Wait the FFA Cup draw is out?

The Hacker
08-02-2023, 11:11 AM
Wait the FFA Cup draw is out?

https://www.northernnswfootball.com.au/news/northern-nsw-football-conduct-draws-preliminary-rounds-two-and-three-2023-australia-cup

anfield
08-02-2023, 06:04 PM
I'm hearing
Cooks hill have dropped to zl2

Uni up into ZPL

VelkiKurac
08-02-2023, 06:39 PM
I'm hearing
Cooks hill have dropped to zl2
Uni up into ZPL

Correct lol

Kicktheball
08-02-2023, 07:29 PM
Correct lol

Croatians scared of the jump?

The Hacker
08-02-2023, 07:29 PM
Correct lol

Seriously Cookers weren’t that bad. Why Uni over Croatia

ZLWB
08-02-2023, 07:52 PM
Mustn’t have been able to get enough for three grades. No reason for them to skip ZL1 otherwise.
Really odd though that it’s Uni - they were well below Norths, Minmi, and Olympic.

The Hacker
08-02-2023, 08:11 PM

They would be the logical choice

VelkiKurac
08-02-2023, 08:32 PM

No chance lol - wasn’t asked

VelkiKurac
08-02-2023, 08:33 PM
Mustn’t have been able to get enough for three grades. No reason for them to skip ZL1 otherwise.
Really odd though that it’s Uni - they were well below Norths, Minmi, and Olympic.
Numbers an issue for them I think. Thought North’s would of went up.

riverboy
08-02-2023, 10:58 PM
So all ZP1 clubs weren’t asked for expressions of interest to join ZPL? Hope joint committee doesn't go down the same path as NNSW, that is making decisions without any consultation. At the moment ZPL doesn't have the best 12 Zone League teams, I think that's pretty obvious.

namwob99
09-02-2023, 03:45 AM
Thought North’s would of went up.

Weren't asked. 🤷*♂️

The Hacker
09-02-2023, 08:21 AM
So all ZP1 clubs weren’t asked for expressions of interest to join ZPL? Hope joint committee doesn't go down the same path as NNSW, that is making decisions without any consultation. At the moment ZPL doesn't have the best 12 Zone League teams, I think that's pretty obvious.

I agree I think there will be obvious top half and bottom half. It will hurt clubs in the bottom half especially in lower grades and if bloke are getting belted each week they often don’t return the next year.

VelkiKurac
09-02-2023, 09:55 AM
Weren't asked. 🤷*♂️

Ridiculous

idontwannaplaywithhowey
09-02-2023, 10:21 AM

There was an EOI process for all ZL1 clubs at some point last year for promotion, so I would assume Uni's EOI still stacked up in the most recent process.

gtg
09-02-2023, 11:32 AM
There was an EOI process for all ZL1 clubs at some point last year for promotion, so I would assume Uni's EOI still stacked up in the most recent process.

that makes sense, thanks for clearing it up.

Asdfg1234
09-02-2023, 03:38 PM
Are people forgetting Croatia finished 2nd in ZL3 last year? They barely deserve to be in ZL1 let alone ZPL. Wait your turn.

VelkiKurac
09-02-2023, 06:19 PM
Are people forgetting Croatia finished 2nd in ZL3 last year? They barely deserve to be in ZL1 let alone ZPL. Wait your turn.

When are we changing the forum name to Croatia 23? Seems it’s all some of you want to talk about.
Your own clubs must be pretty boring or maybe just jealously :)

Either way I don’t mind coz it upsets Jardel haha

Oldy
09-02-2023, 09:04 PM

He who celebrates others misery is a knob. Hard to respect your club if this is the sentiment.

VelkiKurac
09-02-2023, 09:12 PM
He who celebrates others misery is a knob. Hard to respect your club if this is the sentiment.

Seems like you couldn’t comprehend my sarcasm and tongue in cheek comment.
Just enjoy the banter don’t be so serious lol.

anfield
09-02-2023, 11:27 PM
I agree I think there will be obvious top half and bottom half. It will hurt clubs in the bottom half especially in lower grades and if bloke are getting belted each week they often donÂ’t return the next year.

I agree with you. I'm not a fan of the new changes and divisions. ZPL, being Zone Premier League.I think the competition has lost a bit of it's appeal. I'm not sure by adding teams has improved the competition, it's just diluted the talent.

Adding 4 new teams across ZPL and ZL1 has meant there now is the need for 4 new third grade teams. So essentially there now is the need for 60 new players to field these teams. I don't think this was considered, The players have to come from somewhere?? It's no surprise that nearly all clubs appear to be struggling for numbers.

I can see a bigger divide between the top and the bottom. History shows teams that struggle on the pitch one year , Struggle fielding teams the following year.

For mine, they should have kept it at 10 teams.
I do like the 5 team final series, adds more interest. The association has made a big call, big risk for mine. I just don't see the point In making a risky decision, the whole risk vs reward thing I guess.

The Postman
10-02-2023, 12:25 AM
Don’t think it will be long before 3rd Grade is scrapped all together.

Following the lead of the Premier Comps.

There is a higher standard of Football being played at many grounds every Friday Night already.

Jardelsimage
10-02-2023, 06:09 AM
When are we changing the forum name to Croatia 23? Seems it’s all some of you want to talk about.

and all you seem to talk about is me, is there something i should know about?

VelkiKurac
10-02-2023, 06:18 AM
and all you seem to talk about is me, is there something i should know about?

Just friendly banter and having a laugh about your ZPL only thread that’s all.

Let’s get back to football hey.

I’m tipping Dudley to win it this year.

ha'way the lads
10-02-2023, 06:29 AM
Don’t think it will be long before 3rd Grade is scrapped all together.

Following the lead of the Premier Comps.

There is a higher standard of Football being played at many grounds every Friday Night already.

That will be a sad day if they scrap 3rds. 3rd grade is full of so many club stalwarts on their way down, but still wanting to be part of the club on match day. Also helping bring through the next batch of younger players with their years of experience. Often it's these guys who are then on the BBQ or working the canteen for the rest of the day

samcan
10-02-2023, 07:42 AM
That will be a sad day if they scrap 3rds. 3rd grade is full of so many club stalwarts on their way down, but still wanting to be part of the club on match day. Also helping bring through the next batch of younger players with their years of experience. Often it's these guys who are then on the BBQ or working the canteen for the rest of the day

that ol chestnut.

Time to put the rocking chair away. Most 3rds should be on the bbq, marking the lines, fixing the ground and not near the field.
Get your sorry asses to 035 or all age if you need to relive your superstardom.

The Hacker
10-02-2023, 08:17 AM
that ol chestnut.

Time to put the rocking chair away. Most 3rds should be on the bbq, marking the lines, fixing the ground and not near the field.

Look at the successful 3rd grade sides and they have a mix of kids and older blokes. It’s a good stepping stone from youth football to playing with Men

Lofty
10-02-2023, 08:27 AM
Getting rid of thirds is a cop out. It certainly has a place in ZPL. Different clubs handle their thirds in various ways. Some are notably younger kids being brought in to acclimatise to senior football mixed with some experience. Others are players that were at the higher grades and need to step back for commitment, work, family, etc.
If there wasn’t third grade then clubs would struggle to bleed new young players into this kind of environment.
Would be a backward step.

The Hacker
10-02-2023, 08:30 AM
Getting rid of thirds is a cop out. It certainly has a place in ZPL. Different clubs handle their thirds in various ways. Some are notably younger kids being brought in to acclimatise to senior football mixed with some experience. Others are players that were at the higher grades and need to step back for commitment, work, family, etc.
If there wasn’t third grade then clubs would struggle to bleed new young players into this kind of environment.

Well said

ha'way the lads
10-02-2023, 08:31 AM
that ol chestnut.

I'm sorry for you that you feel that way. Also not sure how you'd have them doing all those jobs if they're not in the club getting a game each sat/sun morning. 100% agree with Lofty!!

gtg
10-02-2023, 09:08 AM

Maybe spend some more time in the thread with teams from your own competition and stop trying to rile up this jardel guy that you can't stop talking about. By the way, since we're on the topic, I'd like to also throw in that I heard from yet another person yesterday that they are getting paid thousands to play this season for Croatia. That now makes it a couple of people I heard that were offered $ but denied it, and another that was offered and is accepting it. Three different people. Hopefully that puts it to rest.

As for the point about scrapping thirds, I don't see a problem with it personally. Sure you have a few club legends and as Lofty has said, it's a good way to blood some young guys, but it's not worth the extra work to wrangle up another 11-15 blokes. The quality of the competition will be better for it and it will help the lower tiers of Zone league as some of the more ambitious thirds players head to other clubs rather than just retiring.

Maybe some of the cut thirds players will head into refereeing which would be great.

TheCancer
10-02-2023, 10:48 AM
Seriously Cookers weren’t that bad. Why Uni over Croatia

Because others have been around longer and have the right to progress up the leagues before they do. due to the wage bills why not put them straight up into NL1 or even better NPL.
Everyone needs to respect that others have the right before Croatia do. simple as that.

TheCancer
10-02-2023, 10:52 AM

Couldn't agree more. the brown paper bags are getting emptier by the looks of it. bahahahaha

TheCancer
10-02-2023, 10:57 AM
I agree with you. I'm not a fan of the new changes and divisions. ZPL, being Zone Premier League.I think the competition has lost a bit of it's appeal. I'm not sure by adding teams has improved the competition, it's just diluted the talent.

Adding 4 new teams across ZPL and ZL1 has meant there now is the need for 4 new third grade teams. So essentially there now is the need for 60 new players to field these teams. I don't think this was considered, The players have to come from somewhere?? It's no surprise that nearly all clubs appear to be struggling for numbers.

I can see a bigger divide between the top and the bottom. History shows teams that struggle on the pitch one year , Struggle fielding teams the following year.

For mine, they should have kept it at 10 teams.
I do like the 5 team final series, adds more interest. The association has made a big call, big risk for mine. I just don't see the point In making a risky decision, the whole risk vs reward thing I guess.

I agree with you anfield, the comp should have stayed with 10 teams. just puts more workload on committees and players when its more of a social comp. ZPL and below. well that's my opinion others may think differently.

VelkiKurac
10-02-2023, 11:00 AM
Maybe spend some more time in the thread with teams from your own competition and stop trying to rile up this jardel guy that you can't stop talking about. By the way, since we're on the topic, I'd like to also throw in that I heard from yet another person yesterday that they are getting paid thousands to play this season for Croatia. That now makes it a couple of people I heard that were offered $ but denied it, and another that was offered and is accepting it. Three different people. Hopefully that puts it to rest.

As for the point about scrapping thirds, I don't see a problem with it personally. Sure you have a few club legends and as Lofty has said, it's a good way to blood some young guys, but it's not worth the extra work to wrangle up another 11-15 blokes. The quality of the competition will be better for it and it will help the lower tiers of Zone league as some of the more ambitious thirds players head to other clubs rather than just retiring.

Maybe some of the cut thirds players will head into refereeing which would be great.

This is forum to discuss football yeh ? Didn’t know I wasn’t allowed to post in multiple threads.

Answered the money question many times before but you believe what you like.

What’s the quote about arguing with fools and being dragged down to their level ?

No one likes us and we don’t care,

We will do our talking on the field.

TheCancer
10-02-2023, 11:02 AM
Look at the successful 3rd grade sides and they have a mix of kids and older blokes. It’s a good stepping stone from youth football to playing with Men

Well said, Hacker, well said

TheCancer
10-02-2023, 11:03 AM

Agree Lofty. well said

TheCancer
10-02-2023, 11:20 AM
This is forum to discuss football yeh ? Didn’t know I wasn’t allowed to post in multiple threads.

Answered the money question many times before but you believe what you like.

What’s the quote about arguing with fools and being dragged down to their level ?

No one likes us and we don’t care,

We will do our talking on the field.

Velkikurac - you can say what you like about not paying players, it’s going on def ears, it’s your players that are talking and showing others players from other clubs what’s going on and it’s the players that are being offered $$$ that are showing their club committee and coaches messages enticing them to come with offers of thousands to sign for your club. I love that your club has risen from the ashes, truly mean that but, the way you guys are going about it is not good. Community football (ZONE) clubs shouldn't be paying players any $$$, free registrations and incentives for them to enjoy that's different which is workable for clubs to sustain that with sponsorship dollars etc. Paying anyone in Zone league is completely wrong, sorry. Looking from outside in as a bystander, I wouldn't like to have some players at a club being paid and others not, that alone is a recipe for disaster and players to leave the following year.

VelkiKurac
10-02-2023, 11:29 AM
Velkikurac - you can say what you like about not paying players, it’s going on def ears, it’s your players that are talking and showing others players from other clubs what’s going on and it’s the players that are being offered $$$ that are showing their club committee and coaches messages enticing them to come with offers of thousands to sign for your club. I love that your club has risen from the ashes, truly mean that but, the way you guys are going about it is not good. Community football (ZONE) clubs shouldn't be paying players any $$$, free registrations and incentives for them to enjoy that's different which is workable for clubs to sustain that with sponsorship dollars etc. Paying anyone in Zone league is completely wrong, sorry. Looking from outside in as a bystander, I wouldn't like to have some players at a club being paid and others not, that alone is a recipe for disaster and players to leave the following year.

You have heard. I heard from this bloke. My mate heard.

Everyone who’s not at the club has heard apparently.

No one is willing to name names but? Just happy to throw accusations around.

It took a shit load of work to bring a club back after 27 years and you think we are dumb enough to throw money around in the early stages. That is a recipe to fold again like all those years ago.

Hopefully you come to a game and enjoy the vibe, grab a cevap roll and beer and enjoy our football on the field.

Luka Boban
10-02-2023, 11:36 AM

For someone who said just a few days ago that they basically didn't see a problem in clubs paying their players ("nothing to be embarrassed about") you sure do seem to have this agenda to try to expose that Newcastle Croatia are doing it.
We really don't care anymore what you losers think because no matter what we say there will always be some sort of angle to try and discredit us and what we are doing as a football club. It's the Newcastle mentality through and through to cut someone down who aspires to be better and heaven forbid especially if it's a bunch of effniks lol.
As Veliki Kurac said 'WE'LL DO OUR TALKING ON THE FIELD".

Jardelsimage
10-02-2023, 12:31 PM
Mods
can we bar anyone who talks about any team that is not in the ZPL please....:popcorn:

WWFC25
10-02-2023, 04:44 PM
Moving on from Croatia who seem to get chatted about more in this thread than their own divisions thread……

Anyone got trials this weekend?

Cats aren’t starting until next week against Avoca Beach.

VelkiKurac
10-02-2023, 05:10 PM
Moving on from Croatia who seem to get chatted about more in this thread than their own divisions thread……

Anyone got trials this weekend?

Cats aren’t starting until next week against Avoca Beach.

Yep few teams have trials

On another note most clubs need to improve their social media aspect for games and keeping supporters updated.

Lofty
10-02-2023, 05:40 PM
Yep few teams have trials

On another note most clubs need to improve their social media aspect for games and keeping supporters updated.

Some clubs do a very good job with socials. It's definitely become something that most clubs are doing now, some do it really well like Azzurri and Croatia. It is quite a big job to keep on top of. Curious to know clubs budgets, if any for this sort of thing. Feel free to reply in a message.

ZLWB
10-02-2023, 05:52 PM

Truth. Great development opportunity as players transition from juniors into senior football.

VelkiKurac
10-02-2023, 05:54 PM
Some clubs do a very good job with socials. It's definitely become something that most clubs are doing now, some do it really well like Azzurri and Croatia. It is quite a big job to keep on top of. Curious to know clubs budgets, if any for this sort of thing. Feel free to reply in a message.

Yep 100%, Suns another one who does post.

Budget ? All you need is a simple program something like Canva - easy to use and can be done quickly.

samcan
10-02-2023, 06:20 PM
Truth. Great development opportunity as players transition from juniors into senior football.

If kids cant get into reggies its all a joke. How low do you want the bar? :rof:

Kicktheball
10-02-2023, 06:38 PM
Yep 100%, Suns another one who does post.

Budget ? All you need is a simple program something like Canva - easy to use and can be done quickly.

Jardels social media at Cardiff needs some fixing, but your right clubs should lift there game online, it costs roughly $100-$200 a week for someone to take the reigns and do it for them.

riverboy
10-02-2023, 07:54 PM
Mods
can we bar anyone who talks about any team that is not in the ZPL please....:popcorn:

One more please. VelkiKurac , In your opinion. Would Croatia make the top 5 in ZPL?

VelkiKurac
10-02-2023, 08:06 PM
One more please. VelkiKurac , In your opinion. Would Croatia make the top 5 in ZPL?

TBH no idea.
I think we would be competitive no doubt.
We play Dudley in a few weeks so that should give us an indication of where we are at.

The Hacker
10-02-2023, 08:41 PM
TBH no idea.
I think we would be competitive no doubt.
We play Dudley in a few weeks so that should give us an indication of where we are at.

The Suns would of been a good game. Why did it fall through

VelkiKurac
10-02-2023, 08:46 PM
The Suns would of been a good game. Why did it fall through

I believe they had issues with numbers. Maybe Lofty would know more.

Jardelsimage
11-02-2023, 05:50 AM
Jardels social media at Cardiff needs some fixing, but your right clubs should lift there game online, it costs roughly $100-$200 a week for someone to take the reigns and do it for them.

Not my job, i do enough already.
we are transitioning a new guy into the role, one of the players does that shit for a living, so it should improve.

VelkiKurac
14-02-2023, 04:48 PM
Heard Cardiff played Cessnock last night ? Anyone know score etc

riverboy
15-02-2023, 01:13 AM

I reckon you may know the score?

Jardelsimage
15-02-2023, 05:49 AM

you were there Dennis and you know the score, think it was 7-2 down.

The Hacker
15-02-2023, 07:58 AM

Why would you go and watch a trial between 2 teams not even in your comp, then ask about the score. Surely you got better things to do in life

riverboy
15-02-2023, 09:15 AM
Why would you go and watch a trial between 2 teams not even in your comp, then ask about the score. Surely you got better things to do in life

They know cardiff got flogged so it was a good opportunity to throw that question in. Is there something between Cardiff and Croatia?

How come Croatia never posted results from weekend's game but were quick to post wins over Azzurri and Cessnock?

VelkiKurac
15-02-2023, 09:39 AM

I wasn’t there.

VelkiKurac
15-02-2023, 09:39 AM

Can’t support local football ?

VelkiKurac
15-02-2023, 09:40 AM
They know cardiff got flogged so it was a good opportunity to throw that question in. Is there something between Cardiff and Croatia?

How come Croatia never posted results from weekend's game but were quick to post wins over Azzurri and Cessnock?

Was posted that night - have a look.
Got flogged 6-1 - nothing to hide here

Jardelsimage
15-02-2023, 11:42 AM
I wasn’t there.

sure you were sitting on left side of pops...

VelkiKurac
15-02-2023, 11:58 AM
sure you were sitting on left side of pops...

Hahahahaha you have the wrong bloke mate.

riverboy
15-02-2023, 12:16 PM
Hahahahaha you have the wrong bloke mate.

The mystery of who was sitting next to pops.... Grassy knoll sort of stuff.

By the way I couldn't find weekends score on forum. I had a look....

VelkiKurac
15-02-2023, 12:29 PM
The mystery of who was sitting next to pops.... Grassy knoll sort of stuff.

By the way I couldn't find weekends score on forum. I had a look....

Apologies I forgot that one. It’s on clubs FB page and Insta.

riverboy
15-02-2023, 02:10 PM
Apologies I forgot that one. It’s on clubs FB page and Insta.

Convenient when you loose

gtg
15-02-2023, 02:35 PM

Jesus Christ this is getting pathetic now. The guy literally has nothing better to do than to post the weakest bait ever to rile up Cardiff.

Dennis, just stick to your ZL1 thread champ... sincerely, everyone else.

The Hacker
15-02-2023, 02:50 PM
Jesus Christ this is getting pathetic now. The guy literally has nothing better to do than to post the weakest bait ever to rile up Cardiff.

I think Jardel knows why they were there and it’s poor form from Croatia

VelkiKurac
15-02-2023, 04:23 PM

No

VelkiKurac
15-02-2023, 04:24 PM
I think Jardel knows why they were there and it’s poor form from Croatia

He can read minds can he ?

The Hacker
15-02-2023, 05:28 PM
He can read minds can he ?

You think players wouldn’t say anything to each other. I live next door to a Cardiff player and it’s all the talk in their playing group

VelkiKurac
15-02-2023, 06:04 PM
You think players wouldn’t say anything to each other. I live next door to a Cardiff player and it’s all the talk in their playing group

What talk?

VelkiKurac
15-02-2023, 06:32 PM
Anyway let’s get back to football talk hey.

The Hacker
15-02-2023, 06:41 PM
Anyway let’s get back to football talk hey.

Why move on cause you know what you have done. Jardel is Mr Cardiff so I’ll leave it to him to call it out if he wants to

VelkiKurac
15-02-2023, 07:36 PM
Why move on cause you know what you have done. Jardel is Mr Cardiff so I’ll leave it to him to call it out if he wants to

All I have done is banter - sorry if you can’t hack it.
No point in going around in circles, believe what you want.

prawnhead
15-02-2023, 08:24 PM

I’ve been on a 4 week hiatus, a bit longer than your 4 day golf trip Peck, so just catching up.

I think VK must be telling the truth about player payments though. No club could be that silly to pay Croatia’s squad from last year, or their 2023 additions. A few ex 18’s and 20’s players that couldn’t cut NPL. No Chilbey’s, Saetta’s, Brinkworth’s, Freeman’s in this current group.

VelkiKurac
15-02-2023, 08:31 PM
[QUOTE=prawnhead;265845]I’ve been on a 4 week hiatus, a bit longer than your 4 day golf trip Peck, so just catching up.

I think VK must be telling the truth about player payments though. No club could be that silly to pay Croatia’s squad from last year, or their 2023 additions. A few ex 18’s and 20’s players that couldn’t cut NPL. No Chilbey’s, Saetta’s, Brinkworth’s, Freeman’s in this current group.[/QUOTE

Now those blokes could play !

travellingman
16-02-2023, 06:24 AM
[QUOTE=prawnhead;265845]I’ve been on a 4 week hiatus, a bit longer than your 4 day golf trip Peck, so just catching up.

I think VK must be telling the truth about player payments though. No club could be that silly to pay Croatia’s squad from last year, or their 2023 additions. A few ex 18’s and 20’s players that couldn’t cut NPL. No Chilbey’s, Saetta’s, Brinkworth’s, Freeman’s in this current group.[/QUOTE

Now those blokes could play !

That 1992 Croatia squad was close to the best squad Croatia have assembled.
Include a couple from the 1994 squad like Militic, Bailey and it would be the best.

gtg
16-02-2023, 08:51 AM
No club could be that silly to pay Croatia’s squad from last year, or their 2023 additions. A few ex 18’s and 20’s players that couldn’t cut NPL

Jake McGuinness was a first grade payer for Newcastle Olympic NPL along with a couple of former jets youth players who are in the team. These aren't just rejects; they get paid as star players at an NPL club.

Anyways Jardel to cut through some of this shit here, Cardiff have consistently been one of the teams that have tried to play good football in ZPL for some years now even if results don't always go your way so you should hold your head high representing such a club, mate.

Jardelsimage
16-02-2023, 01:13 PM
Jake McGuinness was a first grade payer for Newcastle Olympic NPL along with a couple of former jets youth players who are in the team. These aren't just rejects; they get paid as star players at an NPL club.

Anyways Jardel to cut through some of this shit here, Cardiff have consistently been one of the teams that have tried to play good football in ZPL for some years now even if results don't always go your way so you should hold your head high representing such a club, mate.

thanks for such kind words, we always tried to play decent football most of the times over the years, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, this club since the rebirth has been in this comp call it ID-1's, ZPl since 2001 and plan to stick around a bit longer yet. My head is always held high gtg, take more than this shit to knock me down.

To address the elephant again, yes, you could say we have had a couple of touch ups, losing some quality players can do that to any team, but in the end though these are TRIAL GAME results, and having additional players for these games out also does add to it. Yes we are also short a few players, not the only ones i hear, but we are working on rectifying this the same as everyone else does.

We are well aware of what has been happening in the background with players within our current squad, (it is not just one club either) but I will not be dragged into a shit slingin contest with persons from other clubs on the forum either, i would rather say my piece in person, i will bide my time, and those that know me well enough, this could go anyway..

cheers peoples....

riverboy
17-02-2023, 09:06 AM
I guess we just hope that any player approaches are done with some ethics and morales.

After games or trials I believe doesn't pass the pub test. Watching a trial with no connection to you or your club is very odd...

The Hacker
17-02-2023, 03:35 PM
I guess we just hope that any player approaches are done with some ethics and morales.

After games or trials I believe doesn't pass the pub test. Watching a trial with no connection to you or your club is very odd...

Sounds like you might know what’s going on Riverboy. I figure if a player is playing trials with a club they have chosen to go there for reasons. Coming to a trial that your no involved in to offer player position in a division below doesn’t pass the pub test. If they wanted to play in the lower division they would have turned up there for preseason.

VelkiKurac
17-02-2023, 05:10 PM
Bloody hell you blokes crack me up

Hahahahahahahahaha

Luka Boban
17-02-2023, 05:17 PM
Players in lower leagues swap and change clubs all the time. Simple fact is that players are more inclined to go to a club where there is a strong nucleus of quality players. Players at a struggling club will make enquiries to play at a club where they feel they will enjoy themselves more.
Laughable to think that there's this narrative being pushed that there is something sinister about Coaches from another local club attending preseason matches of teams in other comps. Whoopee Doo.

The Hacker
17-02-2023, 05:31 PM
Players in lower leagues swap and change clubs all the time. Simple fact is that players are more inclined to go to a club where there is a strong nucleus of quality players. Players at a struggling club will make enquiries to play at a club where they feel they will enjoy themselves more.
Laughable to think that there's this narrative being pushed that there is something sinister about Coaches from another local club attending preseason matches of teams in other comps. Whoopee Doo.

So your trying to say 2 or 3 Cardiff blokes rang the Croatia coach to say come and watch us play because we would like to join your club because you have an amazing nucleus of quality players (that we don’t pay). That is laughable.
Players do swap clubs, usually before preseason and not after a coach makes a special effort to go to a trial game then after the game hit up 2-3 players about swapping.

VelkiKurac
17-02-2023, 05:43 PM

Doesn’t suit their agenda.