PDA

View Full Version : HAL 12/13 Rd 2 - Sydney FC vs Newcastle Jets @ Allianz - 13/10/12 k/off 530pm AEDST

Pages : 1 [2]

sneaky
14-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Except when Row z forces a save from Big Ivan after a set piece!!
Row z for captain!!

Grimario
14-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Was it a 4-3-3 we were playing or did we play 4-4-2

The way I saw it we were lined up like this

Gk: bk
Cb: Tiago
Cb: Mitchell
Lb Ritter
Rb:Neville
Rm: virgili
Cm: Jobe (holding)
Cm : rubes (advanced)
Lm: Goodwin
St: griff
St: heskey

Either way gve tactics were spot on. Rubes absolutely heckled mcflynn literally out of the game. Goodwin just was immense, not being a one eyed supporter but I would almost be worth for osieck to give him a look in at LB.

Hope heskey scores every week now. Kids go mental.

Virgili and Goodwin were playing far too advanced to be wide midfielders and Griff was all over the place, so I think he was almost given a half midfielder/half striker free role in behind Heskey.

I think.

And agree on the Heskey comment, even more though because I have Brit friends that were pissing themselves laughing when we signed him.

pv4
14-10-2012, 04:20 PM
although i don't have any coaching licenses, i'd say this looks a lot like 4-4-2 to me:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2s01uv7.png

it's a bit mix-mash though, with the wide guys given lots of freedom to push high. griff seemed to sit in a bit, nearly 4-4-1-1 esque at times and when goodwin & chill pushed up it seemed 4-2-1-3. but yeah, in general every formation is 4-4-2 with held-back/pushed-forward people. 4 at the back was the key though.

Grunta
14-10-2012, 04:28 PM
in normal play and not near goal it never really fusses me, but adp's freekick seems to be taken about 5metres closer to goal than the 'foul' actually happened. at least, however many metres the dark green strip is.

http://i48.tinypic.com/23uveb.png

btw listening to harper commentating (which i rarely do) he basically slays bk's positioning before & after the goal.

Great piece of detective work there PV could have made a massive difference to the end result.

Retro Jet
14-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Thierry Henry when he first arri... Oh, you meant in Newcastle!
Don't think it's ever happened.
retro jet might be able to name someone.

Newie players who tore up the line:
Graham Heys
Bobby Naumov
and A Harper wasn't too shabby up the white line either when I think of it.
Sh!t at penalties though....w@nker.

Bec
14-10-2012, 04:44 PM
in normal play and not near goal it never really fusses me, but adp's freekick seems to be taken about 5metres closer to goal than the 'foul' actually happened. at least, however many metres the dark green strip is.

btw listening to harper commentating (which i rarely do) he basically slays bk's positioning before & after the goal.

I Taped the game so i went and had a look he actually gets tackled just inside the dark green strip but takes it from where he landed

Retro Jet
14-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Also, a bit of feedback about Joe Public from my Polish neighbours.

During the game I was in said neighbours roof space (1st half) doing some emergency electrical work. :what:
They were at Pests for dinner...FIIKW..
Anyway, they said the club was chockers for the game. People in there seemed to have organised to watch the game for/during dinner, going crazy with the goals...
They said it pretty much emptied out after FT. (right before the Rugby lol)

I'm always interested in what happens outside our Football bubble and what the general feel in the commuinty is with Football in general: Jets/Socceroos in particular.
Sounds like the game generated a lot of interest.

plague
14-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Newie players who tore up the line:
Graham Heys
Bobby Naumov
and A Harper wasn't too shabby up the white line either when I think of it.
Sh!t at penalties though....w@nker.

Early Travis Dodd, Brad Wiechorek (**** knows how to spell it) and don't forget the Divine Pony Tail Andy Roberts. Got a nose bleed once he got past half way but he loved a commando run upfield.
Always remember Wiechorek (**** knows how to spell it) filling in for his mates at Wallsend one day against my old Cooks Hill team. He tore us apart but couldn't shoot for shit.

true waterboy
14-10-2012, 05:48 PM
although i don't have any coaching licenses, i'd say this looks a lot like 4-4-2 to me:

it's a bit mix-mash though, with the wide guys given lots of freedom to push high. griff seemed to sit in a bit, nearly 4-4-1-1 esque at times and when goodwin & chill pushed up it seemed 4-2-1-3. but yeah, in general every formation is 4-4-2 with held-back/pushed-forward people. 4 at the back was the key though.

according to GVE its a more traditional 4-3-3. though id like us to play a 4-4-2 as mentioned above

Tactical adjustment gives Jets potency Sunday, 14 October 2012 2:49 PM

Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets head coach Gary van Egmond revealed that a slight tactical adjustment enabled to the Jets be more of an attacking threat in their 3-2 win over Sydney FC on Saturday.

Van Egmond pushed Craig Goodwin further up the park to play on the left-hand side of a front three, while James Virgili was given his first starting appearance of the season and employed on the right wing.

This enabled Ryan Griffiths to play a more central role and provide better support for former England international Emile Heskey.

Griffiths cherished the opportunity to become more involved, scoring the Jets’ opening goal and providing two assists as both Heskey and Goodwin also got their names on the scoresheet.

“We went back to a more traditional 4-3-3 if you like,” van Egmond explained.

“Ryan Griffiths was playing as a half-midfielder, half-striker because we obviously needed to get someone up there with Emile and it was a lot better.”

Van Egmond said the performance was an improvement on Newcastle’s opening-round loss to Adelaide United where they failed to create clear-cut opportunities, but said there were still areas of their game the Jets needed to work on.

“It could’ve been better I thought. We scored three goals away from home, so we should be happy with that and we are, but with a little bit more luck, we could’ve got a few more,” he said.

“It’s still going to take us a little bit of time, but from last week to this week I think there’s a big improvement, so there’s definitely a way forward.”

Another player who seemed to benefit immensely from van Egmond’s tactical adjustment was Goodwin, who terrorised the right-hand side of the Sydney defence for the full 90 mintues.

“He’s an interesting player, a very, very dedicated player,” van Egmond said.

“I’m so happy for him because he’s one who will practice after training, doing free-kicks and working on his game.

“I’m very happy for him that he’s put in a performance like he had on Saturday and got himself a goal as well.

“He has this uncanny knack of beating players which you saw, and with a bit of luck, he could have been pretty close to scoring a hat-trick, so he’s developing very nicely.”

The only injury concern for the Jets was right-back Scott Neville, who had to be replaced in the 70th minute by Ben Kantarovski.

“Scott Neville felt a tweak in his groin,” van Egmond revealed.

“He had that during the week and we thought he’d be OK to get through game, but he just felt it fatiguing more and more. We’ll have a look during this week.”

hawk
14-10-2012, 06:45 PM
ADP to Fabio's offside pass didnt rate a mention from the SFC fox team even after replays. Just doin the fox twott

longshot
14-10-2012, 08:53 PM
The whole weekend on FOX has been one big wankfest about Del Piero and Shitney. I know it is all about promotion of the game etc etc. But Hey Newcastle won the bloody game not Shitney. Hardly a mention on any news service about Newy winning just Shitney Shitney Shitney. Only a little bit about Heskey scoring his goal. Griffo and Goodwin dont even rate a mention on the Foxtel Shootout show. They ripped Shitney a new arse hole and dont even exist. The poor Shitney debutant Powell ? that scores their second did not even rate a mention. A little biased I feel. I know Del Piero did some good things and great free kick, but not a man of the match performance as given by Slater and Hill, I felt that should have gone to one of our lads. I cannot believe so much hype was made of a losing side.

stopper2
14-10-2012, 09:30 PM
The whole weekend on FOX has been one big wankfest about Del Piero and Shitney. I know it is all about promotion of the game etc etc. But Hey Newcastle won the bloody game not Shitney. Hardly a mention on any news service about Newy winning just Shitney Shitney Shitney. Only a little bit about Heskey scoring his goal. Griffo and Goodwin dont even rate a mention on the Foxtel Shootout show. They ripped Shitney a new arse hole and dont even exist. The poor Shitney debutant Powell ? that scores their second did not even rate a mention. A little biased I feel. I know Del Piero did some good things and great free kick, but not a man of the match performance as given by Slater and Hill, I felt that should have gone to one of our lads. I cannot believe so much hype was made of a losing side.
To be honest if you were to take Del Piero out of Sydney's side at the moment they would be woeful. He is the reason they were still in the game right up until full time. Without him we would have won comfortably. Slater and Bozza in particular still have that pathetic mentality.....which started at the beginning of the HAL....that for the A-League to grow and be successful we need a strong Sydney team!!! In the 8th season of the HAL that mentality is both dated and biased coming from supposedly "neutral" commentators. Good to see that they are at the bottom of the table with the other "darlings" of the FOX commentary team....Melbourne Victory!!!!

la bazzle
14-10-2012, 09:58 PM
I liked when rudan had a go at bozza at half time when biz thought the half was even. Goodwin 2nd best player in the league after heskey.

Jetmaster
14-10-2012, 10:28 PM
I liked when rudan had a go at bozza at half time when biz thought the half was even. Goodwin 2nd best player in the league after heskey.

Yep - in the whole game, SFC had the better of play for about 20 mins, yet for some reason some Fox commentators question that the Jets were the better team on the night !!

Karki
14-10-2012, 11:28 PM
:wink:
best keepers wouldn't have set themselves up so far away. adp was always hitting it there, and bk was too far away. see rubez fk v necevski at the same end - necevski is much closer to the wall side and manages to reach the ball.

bk had a few shaky moments, mixed with some good ones. standard performance for a Hal keeper IMO. still think biraz is a much better option for us.

adp is unreal to watch. a little overprotected by the ref a few times though - especially tiagos yellow, wasn't even a freekick IMO.

I've never felt so comfortable with someone having the ball in a wide and pushing high position as much as I am with Goodwin - he's flying.

felt really comfortable with tiago too - thought he was great.

wd to the active support that made some good noise. special mention to furns for drumming with 1 stick for a large part.

did the tifo get on the screen? how did it look if so?

MFKS
15-10-2012, 01:24 AM
Does anyone remember how much we were paying last season at SHH for beers? It seemed their prices have skyrocketed, I was paying nearly $7 for a schooner of cider ffs

food was still great value tho

We ended up down at that joint SD put me onto. $18 a jug of the 1/50 Lashes Poison. Nearly 4 schooners a jug. Got the young bloke in and we had a belter of a time

MFKS
15-10-2012, 01:29 AM
As for the formation I was pretty certain it was as close a version of 4-4-2 as GVE will ever put out. Grifflet spent most of his time up with Heskey and Goody and Chilli were playing as wide midfielders rather than advanced wide players

Superdylan
15-10-2012, 01:58 AM
We ended up down at that joint SD put me onto. $18 a jug of the 1/50 Lashes Poison. Nearly 4 schooners a jug. Got the young bloke in and we had a belter of a time

Which jets fan were you there and where were you sitting? I had a chat to several jets fans there. I was one of the jets fans on the back deck. And btw I wasn't chanting heskey and has been every time a Sydney fan walked past. They got boring quite quick.

I paid $16 a jug of tooheys new.

MFKS
15-10-2012, 02:21 AM
We were lurking in the corner chatting to a bloke I know and mainly Smurfs fans most of the arvo. Was also trying to keep an eye out for any possible party poopers as the young bloke was sneakily knocking back schooners at a rapid rate when no **** was looking. Thoroughly impressed with his abilities at throwing them down. Be more impressed when the **** returns the favour and starts paying for them!!!

Went for a piss at one stage and the sand box was upstairs and on my way to it noticed one of the boys in blue parking the Highway Patrol Car nearby. There happened to be a public toilet nearby and the cop was stopping in to use the facility. After taking my slash I come back and told the young fella too look outside and see what was there. When he seen the cop car I told him they were looking for him. Should have seen the look on his face!!!! Kept a straight face for about 10 seconds letting him sweat and then burst out laughing.

Leaving the ground after FT heading back to Central we crossed the main drag and the young bloke was leading the way. I noticed that he was heading into another park and called out to him to let him know we were going to the right. At the precise time I have called out to him and got his attention he proceeded to trip arse over tit on a metal chain running between 2 poles to keep vehicles out of the park. Provided plenty of laughs for me and bystanders. **** still thinks that I did it on purpose!!! I told him if you couldn't see it under your nose how the **** can I see it in the dark!!!

stopper2
15-10-2012, 11:32 AM
We were lurking in the corner chatting to a bloke I know and mainly Smurfs fans most of the arvo. Was also trying to keep an eye out for any possible party poopers as the young bloke was sneakily knocking back schooners at a rapid rate when no **** was looking. Thoroughly impressed with his abilities at throwing them down. Be more impressed when the **** returns the favour and starts paying for them!!!

Went for a piss at one stage and the sand box was upstairs and on my way to it noticed one of the boys in blue parking the Highway Patrol Car nearby. There happened to be a public toilet nearby and the cop was stopping in to use the facility. After taking my slash I come back and told the young fella too look outside and see what was there. When he seen the cop car I told him they were looking for him. Should have seen the look on his face!!!! Kept a straight face for about 10 seconds letting him sweat and then burst out laughing.

Leaving the ground after FT heading back to Central we crossed the main drag and the young bloke was leading the way. I noticed that he was heading into another park and called out to him to let him know we were going to the right. At the precise time I have called out to him and got his attention he proceeded to trip arse over tit on a metal chain running between 2 poles to keep vehicles out of the park. Provided plenty of laughs for me and bystanders. **** still thinks that I did it on purpose!!! I told him if you couldn't see it under your nose how the **** can I see it in the dark!!!
......and the moral (or care factor) to the story is MFKS???

MFKS
15-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Was a reply to SD's question about where I was in the pub. Most of it probably ranting on late last night dribbling crap again!!!!!

Beeen
15-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Which jets fan were you there and where were you sitting? I had a chat to several jets fans there. I was one of the jets fans on the back deck. And btw I wasn't chanting heskey and has been every time a Sydney fan walked past. They got boring quite quick.

I paid $16 a jug of tooheys new.

You were the boring one with no pyro SD. Didn't see you singing any songs by the way.

militiamon
15-10-2012, 01:28 PM

I for one enjoyed it immensely.

true waterboy
15-10-2012, 02:32 PM
finally watched the replay of the game. I originally listened to it on the radio and listening to it on grandstand you would of thought sydney had more clear cut chances by the way they carried on.

I dont know how del pieros goal has gotten so much praise. seems like a standard shot with bad keeping as said above. I also thought hecksey was the better marquee on ground.

Hopefully kanta doesnt make the 15 next week. He is so bad lol.

all in all goodwin by the jets

Blackmac79
15-10-2012, 02:34 PM
anyone got any stills or pictures of our tifo?

Still havent seen the bloody thing.

pistolpete
15-10-2012, 02:39 PM
anyone got any stills or pictures of our tifo?

Still havent seen the bloody thing.

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?310-Jets-Gameday-Pic-Thread&p=12503&viewfull=1#post12503

Blackmac79
15-10-2012, 02:40 PM
thanks boys... and furns....

I need a coffee.

pv4
15-10-2012, 02:43 PM
all in all goodwin by the jets

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/000/681/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

pv4
15-10-2012, 03:59 PM

lol, just watched the halftime talk in odf's vid. can anyone say the fox boiz aren't sydney-biased when they check out this picture and particularly look at the colour of ties they're wearing?

http://i49.tinypic.com/28uikh4.png

Bon
15-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Yeah it is just so one-eyed.. My blood was boiling when Bozza was going on about how he thought Sydney were the better team in that first half..
Don't even start me on Slater's insanely biased commentary.. Its just so frustrating..
It's never "Team that played against Sydney were great", its always "Oh Sydney were so unlucky".. And ADP getting man of the match is a joke..

pv4
15-10-2012, 04:06 PM
:wink:

still doesn't change the fact that he did, and usually does, lineup his wall hideously poorly.

plague
15-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Two things:
1. We won so who cares who said what. Bozza did disagree with the man of the match award. I think he's pretty fair.
2. Commentators at the Roar game had matching orange ties on also. Maybe it's a Fox uniform thing rather than a Sydney thing

Oh can I make it 3 things?
3. Deans out. .

namwob99
15-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Bosnich is a disgrace!! He was making me so angry at ht. He shouldn't be allowed to commentate/host a Sydney game!!

Jetmaster
15-10-2012, 08:51 PM
No improvement in the highlights show tonight...no discussion at all about the Jets performance, but over a minute about fapcam......

Come on WWS !!!!

Nelson Bay Road
15-10-2012, 10:09 PM
its a travesty that goodwin didnt get the 3 points..
clearly best on ground...
del piero gets 3 points for a free kick and a few stepovers... i dont get it

pistolpete
15-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Goodwin was definitely the best for us on the night, a potential superstar of the future. I think he should have got the points. Del Piero was amazing though. He is a class above anything we have ever seen in this league and without him i would put my house on Sydney for the spoon. They will still struggle with him.

parksey
15-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Yeah I was just about to address that. Everyone keeps harping on about how much the pundits are raving about ADP, well there's a good reason for that and that is: he's magic. Goodwin was possibly the best on ground but Del Piero was fantastic as well.

longshot
15-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Adelaide and Western Sydney for a win will really have me laughing . Shitney and Tards Bottom. The most money for no benifit. Can't buy a spot if you have players with no heart.
Go Jets over the Gypos this weekend.

pottytop
15-10-2012, 11:30 PM
No improvement in the highlights show tonight...no discussion at all about the Jets performance, but over a minute about fapcam......

Come on WWS !!!!

Meh would be more worried about SBS trying to claim that his was the biggest F3 derby of all time in their wrap up of the game. :dry:

pv4
15-10-2012, 11:40 PM
agreed with Pete & parksey - adp really is amazing. Goodwin was best on field, but in general play there's good reason why people are fapping over adp.

although, I don't necessarily agree he's better than anything we've seen. maybe for his reputation it's arguable, but there are players over the years I've been equally as impressed with. Flores, griff, Hernandez, culina, maybe a few others have absolutely made this league their bitch just as adp is doing.

pistolpete
15-10-2012, 11:42 PM
there are players over the years I've been equally as impressed with. Flores, griff, Hernandez, culina, maybe a few others have absolutely made this league their bitch just as adp is doing.

Yep true, but probably not as much in their first couple of games. Took a while to get going, griff especially

q-money
15-10-2012, 11:43 PM
tiago > adp

MFKS
16-10-2012, 12:29 AM
After watching the game when I got home have to agree with the bias in the commentary/coverage. Slater was his usual self but Bozza was really shitting me off. Kept claiming Sydney were on top despite Rudan trying to say Newy were all over them like a rash. Respect for Rudan he actually called it as he seen it. Bozza's harping on about how dangerous Sydney looked in the first half can someone enlighten me as to when??

All I seen was ADP blaze a shot well over the bar from outside the box after a couple of step overs. The ADP Fapfest Free Kick which was taken forward 5 yards closer than it should have been and wasn't even a free kick. The only other moment of concern for Newy's defence was the self inflicted fumble of a cross from BK but Jobe was the coolest man in the stadium and dealt with the danger with ease. What the **** else did they offer?? We on the other hand had 2 in the net Goody smashed the post. Goody blazed wide after a delightful turn and Grifflet after skipping past his brother picked out Ivan when it would have been a goal either side of him. FFS we could have 4-5 goals in the first half if we had taken our chances and Sydney should have been thanking their lucky stars that they were only 2-1 down at HT because the scoreline didn't do justice to the superiority we had at HT.

Bozza is becoming more and more of a pest. Slater IMHO has been shit and biased for years and I am still baffled as to how he has a job as a pundit

boz-monaut
16-10-2012, 09:05 AM
the game topped the pay tv ratings with an average audience of 156,000

snake
16-10-2012, 10:30 AM

first time i saw the game was a replay, already knowing del piero scored an equaliser from a fk. when that foul was made, i thought "this mustn't be it" because it was too far out and wide.

hard to tell on the angle, but i reckon he's also 1-2 m more central, as well as obviously being 5 m closer to goal.

cheat.

p.s. torago :wub:

p.p.s. fix :wub: :ffs:

pv4
16-10-2012, 10:42 AM
first time i saw the game was a replay, already knowing del piero scored an equaliser from a fk. when that foul was made, i thought "this mustn't be it" because it was too far out and wide.

hard to tell on the angle, but i reckon he's also 1-2 m more central, as well as obviously being 5 m closer to goal.

cheat.

p.s. torago :wub:

p.p.s. fix :wub: :ffs:

:meagree:

as i've said a few times, the failure of the ref to do his job correctly has turned a whip-in freekick spot into a goal-scoring opportunity. if you look at zadkid's freekick in the second half, he's in the middle of the dark green and there is noticeably a lot more time for necevski to read where the ball is going and save it. granted, necevski actually positioned himself somewhere we he COULD save it, unlike bk.

it's been mentioned to me that bk barely looks like he fully stretches his arms, and might even retract his arms, just to allow the goal to happen. as if the moment was fixed. i dunno if i'd go that far, but it seemed like the forces at be basically set this non-foul up to provide that moment so the fap-fest could go hard. similar to sydney fouling la galaxy on the edge of the box back in the day when becks bent it.

plague
16-10-2012, 10:46 AM
the game topped the pay tv ratings with an average audience of 156,000
This, and remember that Bozza and co have to make sure people don't switch off. It's a commentators job (in all sports) to keep it interesting so viewers don't give up. They have to keep saying 'oh Sydney are right in this etc etc'.

We won the game, who gives a shit what they say.

plague
16-10-2012, 10:53 AM
I don't think enough lulz have been had for Fabio getting his boot stuck on the net after cracking the shits when Goodwin scored. It was right in front of the away bay, on tv they cut away and he was still stuck.
Anyone else see this and was there much pointing and laughing?

pv4
16-10-2012, 10:56 AM
i saw, i laughed, i pointed.

i also got a little chuckle when the players were being announced and #3 fabio had ali abbas's picture, and #22 ali abbas had fabio's picture.

q-money
16-10-2012, 02:26 PM
http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/10/16/a-week-where-we-witnessed-winning-mentality/

one of the more laughable sydney-centric pieces of bullshit i've seen in the past few days

MFKS
16-10-2012, 02:30 PM
I don't think enough lulz have been had for Fabio getting his boot stuck on the net after cracking the shits when Goodwin scored. It was right in front of the away bay, on tv they cut away and he was still stuck.
Anyone else see this and was there much pointing and laughing?

Sorry Plague completely missed that

Was too busy doing my nut jumping on the fence waving the scarf and getting a hard on over how awesome we are

pv4
16-10-2012, 02:38 PM
http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/10/16/a-week-where-we-witnessed-winning-mentality/

one of the more laughable sydney-centric pieces of bullshit i've seen in the past few days

that's hardly sydney-centric. they mention that sydney lost the game more than once.

/sydneyfanpov

Buddha
16-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Sorry Plague completely missed that

Was too busy doing my nut jumping on the fence waving the scarf and getting a hard on over how awesome we are
Woah lets settle down here with the nut references

seldom
16-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Was too busy doing my nut

Brazilian ?

Hamma12
17-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Just watched my first replay.....How Fabio didn't see at least yellow for lashing out at the ref. Occured around the 70th minute mark

GANALAAA
17-10-2012, 08:42 PM
:meagree:

as i've said a few times, the failure of the ref to do his job correctly has turned a whip-in freekick spot into a goal-scoring opportunity. if you look at zadkid's freekick in the second half, he's in the middle of the dark green and there is noticeably a lot more time for necevski to read where the ball is going and save it. granted, necevski actually positioned himself somewhere we he COULD save it, unlike bk.

it's been mentioned to me that bk barely looks like he fully stretches his arms, and might even retract his arms, just to allow the goal to happen. as if the moment was fixed. i dunno if i'd go that far, but it seemed like the forces at be basically set this non-foul up to provide that moment so the fap-fest could go hard. similar to sydney fouling la galaxy on the edge of the box back in the day when becks bent it.

BK was poorly positioned, but a simplistic comparison of the two freekicks based on where they were taken from i unair fair... To both bk, and adp. ADP's free kick went over the wall, zads went around it. Big difference in time to see and judge flight of ball. This only exacerbated his positional error.

I think your friend's tin foil hat might be on too tight regarding the rest of your post! ;)

furns
17-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Brazilian ?
http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/tumblr_lo2zqb6h5P1qzsyre.gif

Jeterpool
18-10-2012, 04:13 PM
This game got a mention on the Guardian's Football Weekly Podcast. The reporter covering it, spoke well about the league and the presenters didn't take the piss either - they seemed quite interested. Spoke about Heskey and Del Piero's finishes.

The correspondent did say however, that outside of Del Piero and Emerton, Sydney have a very bad team. Perth, Brisbane and Victory got a mention as did the Mariners and Nick Montgomery. They did take the piss out of the Victory's name, suggested that it is leading the fans down the garden path and maybe they should be called something like "Dull Draw" (paraphrased - can't quite recall).

Can only be good for the league - the Marquees are certainly attracting some interest.

OmeletteDuFromage
18-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Melbourne History

plague
18-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Some sports show on Fox (not football specific) played the Italian coverage of Del Piero's goal.
Pretty much your standard 25 second "gooooooooooaaaaallllllazzzzzoooooo" etc but they were certainly happy about it. More positive press.

russjaybee
18-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Yeh FW's coverage in their pod was good, interestingly the guy they had on was from Backpage Football (http://backpagefootball.com/), the home of A-league news apparently... Must have done the sell to them rof.
When they signed old mate off they definitely did it in a way that leaves the door open for further correspondence (they contact a bloke in spain weekly in a similar fashion).

hawk
18-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Some sports show on Fox (not football specific) played the Italian coverage of Del Piero's goal.
Pretty much your standard 25 second "gooooooooooaaaaallllllazzzzzoooooo" etc but they were certainly happy about it. More positive press.

Azzurri laughing on how ez to score in Oz. Dont', don't, dont believe hype. ADP is good, thats all.

Jeterpool
19-10-2012, 07:58 AM
Yeh FW's coverage in their pod was good, interestingly the guy they had on was from Backpage Football (http://backpagefootball.com/), the home of A-league news apparently... Must have done the sell to them rof.
When they signed old mate off they definitely did it in a way that leaves the door open for further correspondence (they contact a bloke in spain weekly in a similar fashion).

I'd never heard or read that page before either. Would be good to have a guy here. Like you say they have Sid Lowe in Spain and Rafa Hollingstein (i think) in Germany. Italyu does get a mention and I think Lowe does it from time to time if i recall. Good if we can get coverage on international breaks.

furns
19-10-2012, 10:25 AM
You mean Honigstein

russjaybee
19-10-2012, 10:52 AM
AC Jimbo covers the serie a, love fw.

Jeterpool
19-10-2012, 11:51 AM
You mean Honigstein

Yep - him too :)

Yeah its a good Pod