PDA

View Full Version : HAL 12/13 Rd 2 - Sydney FC vs Newcastle Jets @ Allianz - 13/10/12 k/off 530pm AEDST

Pages : [1] 2

furns
08-10-2012, 12:21 PM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/sydney-fc1.jpg VS http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/JetsLogo.gif

2012/2013 HYUNDAI A-LEAGUE

SEASON 8 ROUND 2

SYDNEY FC VS NEWCASTLE UNITED JETS FC

When: Saturday 13th October 2012

Where: Allianz Stadium, Driver Avenue, Moore Park

Kickoff: 5:30pm AEDST (gates open 3:30pm)

Prematch: Strawberry Hills Hotel, 453 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills from midday
http://www.strawberryhillshotel.com.au

Coach Tickets: Hunter Stadium to Allianz Stadium $30adult, $25u/16, $100famof4 Depart 2pm Hunter Stadium Arr 430pm Allianz Depart 8pm Allianz Arr 1030pm Hunter Stadium To book please call Port Stephens Coaches on 0249 822940

Tickets: http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=SYDFC0213

Watch the match: LIVE on Foxsports 1 and 1HD

Listen to the match: LIVE on ABC Grandstand
Heskey vs Del Piero etc

lil_masi
08-10-2012, 12:23 PM
------------BK--------------------
Neville-----Tiago--Mitchell---Ritter
---------Jobe-----------------------
---------------Zad----------------
-------------Bernardo--------------
R.Griff--------Heskey----------Goodwin

Jeterpool
08-10-2012, 12:42 PM
------------BK--------------------
Neville-----Tiago--Ritter---Goodwin
---------Jobe-----------------------
---------------Zad----------------
-------Ribero---------------------
Virgili--------Heskey----------GRiffiths

russjaybee
08-10-2012, 01:04 PM
------------ BK ---------------
Neville -- Regal - Tiago -- Ritter
-------- Wheelhouse ----------
---- Zadkid ----- Ribero--------
Tag/Virg/Ryu --- Emile ----Goodwun

MFKS
08-10-2012, 01:08 PM
On a more important note what time to be at the pub pre game???

Lionel Hutz
08-10-2012, 01:09 PM
--------------BK--------------------
Neville-----Tiago--Regan---Goodwin
--------------------------------------
-----Wheelhouse-------Kanta---------
----------------------------------------
Taggart-------Ribero-------Griffiths-----
--------------Heskey----------------

Blackmac79
08-10-2012, 01:16 PM
------------Wheelhouse------------
--------Zadkovic-------Ribero---------
Taggart--------------------Griffiths-----

furns
08-10-2012, 01:16 PM
On a more important note what time to be at the pub pre game???did you even read the blurb at the top?

Jeterpool
08-10-2012, 01:17 PM
-----Wheelhouse-------Kanta---------
Taggart-------Ribero-------Griffiths-----

Interesting call to drop Zadkovic.

Suppose it gives him a chance to go and use his cinema voucher.

boz-monaut
08-10-2012, 01:17 PM
we will loose

Thomas477
08-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Stealing Blackmac's format

------------------Biraz (assuming he gets off, wasn't a handball)

Neville----Mitchell--Ritter---Goodwin

------------Wheelhouse-----------

-----Zadkovich-------Ribero---------

Taggart--------------------Griffiths

MFKS
08-10-2012, 01:23 PM
did you even read the blurb at the top?

Well obviously not!! That's why I asked the question!!!

On another note can we get the NYL thread unlocked. Wish to discuss matters pertaining to our undefeated Yoof side seeing as our first team is Aids at present.

Boz locked it after someone was carrying on off topic in the post season. Now the season is here feel it should be reopened

q-money
08-10-2012, 01:24 PM
birraz, ergh

pick reagan and tiago, mitchell for the tip

q-money
08-10-2012, 01:26 PM
hey mfks, post to yer hearts content

furns
08-10-2012, 01:38 PM
agree with consensus to drop Kanta that most people have posted. He needs to get his head right, just hasnt been the same player he was two seasons ago.
Pepper and Regan ftw

parksey
08-10-2012, 02:08 PM
bring pepper back

Muswellbrookian
08-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Loose, six points down within two weeks, skyfall, etc.

WolfMan
08-10-2012, 06:25 PM
You know what I like about every one of these proposed formations?? None of them consist of a Back 3!! Here's hoping GVE doesn't decide to reinvent the wheel.

Mike Bassett had it right...

http://youtu.be/v7hEqCdAwjs

Chadandkira12
08-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Ritter will be out by the lok of his ankle on the news just then.Also does anyone ned tickets I over bought by 2 so need to sell them

RedMexican
08-10-2012, 06:58 PM
------------------BK---------------
Neville-----Reagan----Tiago----Goodwin.
-------------Wheelhouse----------------
--------Pepper-------Zad-----------------
--------------riberio---------
-------heskey---------griff------------

seldom
08-10-2012, 07:23 PM
----------------------------bk------------------------
nev-------------tarago-----------mitchell-------goodwin
------------------------jobe---------------------------
--------rubes--------------------------griff------------
------------------------ribs---------------------------
-------------taggart------------heskey----------------

Jetmaster
08-10-2012, 07:28 PM
----------------------------bk------------------------
nev-------------tarago-----------mitchell-------goodwin
------------------------jobe---------------------------
--------rubes--------------------------griff------------
------------------------ribs---------------------------
-------------taggart------------heskey----------------

Agree with this lineup, especially if Ritter is not fit. That point of the diamond should go to Ribiero, Brown once fit or Bridgey at a push.

Rubes and Griff bombing either side sounds promising.

militiamon
08-10-2012, 07:38 PM
birraz, ergh

pick reagan and tiago, mitchell for the tip

Yep, along with Peppz in for Kanta.

Superdylan
08-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Yew 21st after the game in Sydney :) Going to be a good night!

GazFish35
08-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Yew 21st after the game in Sydney :) Going to be a good night!

just remember to not stick your head out in the crowd.

Superdylan
09-10-2012, 12:37 AM
just remember to not stick your head out in the crowd.

Its my cousins 21st Fish, family will be there etc

Everything should be pretty controlled, luckily my mate is driving me there after the game :) Hoping the traffic out of Moore park isnt too bad.

On the game as such, dunno what to expect draw 1-1

Hopefully a decent crowd turns up too.

seldom
09-10-2012, 01:23 AM
both teams to play a high pressing attractive possession based game but with no idea how to score.

NIL ALL DRAW

GazFish35
09-10-2012, 06:03 AM
Its my cousins 21st Fish, family will be there etc

Everything should be pretty controlled, luckily my mate is driving me there after the game :) Hoping the traffic out of Moore park isnt too bad.

On the game as such, dunno what to expect draw 1-1

Hopefully a decent crowd turns up too.

Was talking about not attracting unwanted attention at the football, not the party.

Rocknerd
09-10-2012, 07:41 AM
both teams to play a high pressing attractive possession based game but with no idea how to score.

NIL ALL DRAW

this, although Sydney will inevitabley get a penalty from some rash tackle leading too a 1-0 loss

plague
09-10-2012, 08:57 AM
We always lose to Sydney.
We always have Deans on our bench.

You do the math.

furns
09-10-2012, 09:21 AM
a 5-2 victory last season at Allianz says you're wrong

partially

plague
09-10-2012, 09:29 AM
a 5-2 victory last season at Allianz says you're wrong

partially

Up there with Steven Bradbury as one of sports little anomalies.

Deans must have been off sick that day.

Dogshot99
09-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Hi all, just registered so cheers. Should be a great game this week if we leave both Kanta and Goodwin at home. Sorry to those who rated Goodwin but from where I sat on Sunday he is not strong enough on the ball. I counted at least five occasions where he was caught in possession and while stuffing around with it had it pinched. I get its the first game of the season but you can't lose the ball that much and still expect to stay in the first team. If the so called coach is continuing to experiment put chapman in there and see how he goes. A defender Goodwin is not.

Mitchy
09-10-2012, 10:23 AM
heskey hattrick

GazFish35
09-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Hi all, just registered so cheers. Should be a great game this week if we leave both Kanta and Goodwin at home. Sorry to those who rated Goodwin but from where I sat on Sunday he is not strong enough on the ball. I counted at least five occasions where he was caught in possession and while stuffing around with it had it pinched. I get its the first game of the season but you can't lose the ball that much and still expect to stay in the first team. If the so called coach is continuing to experiment put chapman in there and see how he goes. A defender Goodwin is not.

I counted five times he had no-one moving for him. Suppose it's all in the interpretation isn't it!

goaliepersempre
09-10-2012, 10:58 AM
I was going, and than afterwards to a ball at the IVY but now have to be at the at 5... Will try to come for a beer before hand though. That being said 1 ticket for sale.

Jeterpool
09-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Intersting call GvE has to make this weekend regarding the team.

The majority of us have called for a change, me included, but I'm now starting to think about the impact this could have in the broader scheme of the season.

We had good results in pre-season and gained a lot of confidence - though this may be false confidence based on some of the games played.

It's a tough call for the coach to decide whether to start chopping and changing after 1 match or stick with the same side, showing confidence in them and seeing if they have learnt and improved.

There is a fine balance and it will be a test of GvE's man management skills regardless of the direction he takes.

militiamon
09-10-2012, 12:01 PM
I see your point, but the thing is that a lot of the players who were dropped for the last game actually got plenty of time in pre-season. Pepper, Regan, Chapman, Ribeiro, Tiago (before the Wellington game) all saw a decent amount of game time. Chopping and changing is starting a player who has only been here for a week, and playing with a formation different from that which was employed for the majority of the pre-season.

Anyway that is my opinion, the real interest is how GVE sees it. It will be a big surprise if he starts with exactly the same team, I can see him making at least 1 or 2 changes.

plague
09-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Do we have a (fit) backup keeper?

MFKS
09-10-2012, 12:07 PM
I would assume JAck Duncan would be the man.

If not Galloway has had plenty of practice in the State League this winter if required!!!!

Jeterpool
09-10-2012, 12:39 PM
I see your point, but the thing is that a lot of the players who were dropped for the last game actually got plenty of time in pre-season. Pepper, Regan, Chapman, Ribeiro, Tiago (before the Wellington game) all saw a decent amount of game time. Chopping and changing is starting a player who has only been here for a week, and playing with a formation different from that which was employed for the majority of the pre-season.

Anyway that is my opinion, the real interest is how GVE sees it. It will be a big surprise if he starts with exactly the same team, I can see him making at least 1 or 2 changes.

One or two changes would be fair. That's discounting the enforced change as well. And you are right - they all had a decent run and opportunity in pre-season to stake a claim.

I think he will change, which I reflected in my team prediction, but it's just another side of the coin to consider - one that hasn't been introduced to the discussion so far.

Blackmac79
09-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Apparently 22,000 tickets have been sold for this game, that doesn't include their 8000members.

30,000 appears likely.

GazFish35
09-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Heskey was right!

Thomas477
09-10-2012, 08:16 PM
I would assume JAck Duncan would be the man.

If not Galloway has had plenty of practice in the State League this winter if required!!!!

Or they could draft in Faj.

Chadandkira12
09-10-2012, 09:29 PM
What train is everyone catching down

hawk
09-10-2012, 09:50 PM
What train is everyone catching down

gravy! probs from 11 onwards

white city
10-10-2012, 07:38 AM
from reports in the paper looks as though ribs will be ignored again for selection, yet another waste of an import by Dutchy yet again.

really looking forward to his so called up-tempo entertaining style of football, like he so religiously talks about, on the weekend against Adelaide we looked as though we were the ones battling jet-lag and had travelled half-way around the world.

plague
10-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Abbas was really good when he came on last week as well. They said he might start. Hope so, always liked him. Prob score on us as well.

Grimario
10-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Sydney 8-0.

GvE to try some experimental 5-6-4 formation before being told he can only have 11 on the pitch. Settles on the completely untried 4-3-2-1 with Kanta, Joe B and Pepper playing as holding midfielders to nullify ADP. Will confuse high tempo, short passing from the back with high passing from the back, short temper game plan. Passing will therefore be from the back, high balls from Tarago and Mitchell with the occasional long ball from Wheelhouse into the channels for Heskey. Heskey to throw his hands up in the air (wave em around like he just don't care) everytime we play a ball into the channels expecting him to chase or hoof a high ball a) over his head or b) well short of him due to strong headwind. RubeZ to see red as a result of short temper instructions.

Deans out.

boz-monaut
10-10-2012, 01:19 PM
:lulz:

plague
10-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Centrebet paying $3.50 that there will be a red card in the match.
Don't let me down Rubes.

belchardo
10-10-2012, 01:26 PM
is tiago back also? could be another red card option.

Thomas477
10-10-2012, 01:45 PM
is tiago back also? could be another red card option.

And throw in McFlynn as well. Its a potent mix.

Grimario
10-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Don't forget Grifflet hacking his brother down.

Blackmac79
10-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Apparently 22,000 tickets have been sold for this game, that doesn't include their 8000members.

30,000 appears likely.

Read some conflicting reports today. some said 13,000 tickets others said 11,300.

either way we have more fans...

plague
10-10-2012, 05:10 PM
Read some conflicting reports today. some said 13,000 tickets others said 11,300.

either way we have more fans...
Maybe they got 20,000 'likes' on their Facebook page, and once all those dudes are finished finding Kony, legalizing gay marriage and sacking Alan Jones, they will come down for a look.

Crowd 24k tops.

militiamon
10-10-2012, 05:16 PM
For further reading please see:

http://sfcu.com.au/smf202/index.php?topic=14581.msg848242#msg848242

lol...

boz-monaut
10-10-2012, 06:03 PM
why didn't this fella just call ticketek and ask how their PAX relates to crowds?

not that I'm against doing the simple analysis, it's just you often see engineers do this sort of analysis when there's a more accurate and easier way

Buddha
10-10-2012, 07:59 PM
what train (for those going from newcastle) are you all getting?

Bon
10-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Is that the old Buddha making a comeback???

pistolpete
10-10-2012, 08:08 PM
A few old boys have returned lately. Forum V2 starting to deliver

Buddha
10-10-2012, 08:08 PM
It is, my time is these days limited to study (lol) and fifa. But because of upcoming courses it seems like i could very well be spending alot of weekends at games :)

furns
10-10-2012, 09:39 PM
btw it looks like The Cove will march from REH (just down street) at 415pm. We will leave SHH at 430pm.
If people wonder why so early, there looks like it will be a massive crowd so I want to make sure we get in at a decent time even if we hit a crowd and have to line up.

Also strongly suggest that people buy their tickets today or tomorrow as Jets twitter reckon the away bays could be sold out pretty soon.
I have a spare ticket for sale, first one to PM gets it. Face value.

MFKS
10-10-2012, 09:42 PM
So what's this pubs attitudes towards minors on site?? Can you take anyone in who is under age and not have them drinking etc

furns
10-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Unfortunately not, there is no pub garden.

Any minors/families can go to Fox Studios or hang around with Mitchy

Grimario
10-10-2012, 10:26 PM

My face is pretty rough so I assume I can get it for a dollar and get change?

true waterboy
11-10-2012, 12:45 PM
18-man squad named for Sydney FC clash Thursday, 11 October 2012 10:38 AM

Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets head coach Gary van Egmond has named an 18-man squad for Saturday’s blockbuster clash against Sydney FC at Allianz Stadium.

Jacob Pepper and Taylor Regan come into the squad to replace Adam Taggart and Connor Chapman who are away on Young Socceroos duty in Portugal.

Goalkeeper Jack Duncan has also been added to the squad as a replacement for Mark Birighitti who will serve a one-week suspension following his red card against Adelaide United in round one.

Despite picking up a knock to his ankle in the Jets' 2-0 loss to the Reds, Dominik Ritter has been named in the squad after completing a full training session at Ray Watt Oval on Thursday.

Saturday’s fixture against the Sky Blues will see Jets marquee Emile Heskey go head-to-head with his Sydney FC counterpart Alessandro Del Piero for the first time and a crowd of more than 30,000 is expected for the clash.

More details to follow…

Newcastle Jets squad:?1. Ben KENNEDY (gk), 2. Scott NEVILLE, 3. Tiago CALVANO, 4. Josh MITCHELL, 5. Dominik RITTER, 6. Ben KANTAROVSKI, 8. Ruben ZADKOVICH, 9. Emile HESKEY, 10. Bernardo RIBEIRO, 14. Taylor REGAN, 15. Craig GOODWIN, 16. Jobe WHEELHOUSE (c), 17. James VIRGILI, 18. Jacob PEPPER, 19. Michael BRIDGES, 21. Marko JESIC, 23. Ryan GRIFFITHS, 30. Jack DUNCAN (gk).

In: Taylor Regan, Jacob Pepper, Jack Duncan
Out: Mark Birighitti (red card suspension), 11. Connor CHAPMAN (U20’s), 22. Adam TAGGART (U20’s)
Unavailable: James Brown (ankle)

Still no cooper

MFKS
11-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Saturday, October 13, 2012
Sydney FC v Newcastle Jets
Venue: Allianz Stadium
Kick Off: 5.30pm
Referee: Chris Beath
Assistant Ref 1: Brad Hobson
Assistant Ref 2: Scott Edeling
4th Official: Tim McGilchrist

Now last week i suggested a brown paper bag whip around for these boys and I was ignored. The clown with the whistle seemed to have an axe to grind all game like he reads the Foz and was dissappointed there would be no paper bag for him. Are we gonna make the same mistake this week?? :whistling: :wink:

BodyNovo
11-10-2012, 01:24 PM
So what's this pubs attitudes towards minors on site?? Can you take anyone in who is under age and not have them drinking etc

take them upstairs to the garden up their. as long as your over 25 it should be sweet.

if not than yeh mitchy is the go.

MFKS
11-10-2012, 01:27 PM
I am over 30 and the minor I am looking to bring is 17 pushing 18. He is also quite tall and to the eye looks 20 but is still in that category where he would get stopped for ID which he has none of that says he is 18!!!

Jeterpool
11-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Still no cooper

Injured foot. Saw him limping around the ground last week

Superdylan
11-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Could always take your youngins to Fox n Lion MFKS, alot closer to the stadium & I'm sure some Jets fans will be drinking there instead of Strawberry especially the ones driving.

MFKS
11-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Could always take your youngins to Fox n Lion MFKS, alot closer to the stadium & I'm sure some Jets fans will be drinking there instead of Strawberry especially the ones driving.

So what is the beer watered down that much at the Fox n Lion that you can still drive after a session there??? Good reason not to go there if you ask me!!

q-money
11-10-2012, 02:49 PM
ffs just get a flagon of woobla and sit in the park, problem solved

Superdylan
11-10-2012, 02:50 PM
So what is the beer watered down that much at the Fox n Lion that you can still drive after a session there??? Good reason not to go there if you ask me!!

Could always drink spirits

q-money
11-10-2012, 03:02 PM
jesus

Buddha
11-10-2012, 03:51 PM
btw it looks like The Cove will march from REH (just down street) at 415pm. We will leave SHH at 430pm.
If people wonder why so early, there looks like it will be a massive crowd so I want to make sure we get in at a decent time even if we hit a crowd and have to line up.

Also strongly suggest that people buy their tickets today or tomorrow as Jets twitter reckon the away bays could be sold out pretty soon.

Because i am well out of the loop (its a raymond terrace thing) what is the SHH?

Superdylan
11-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Because i am well out of the loop (its a raymond terrace thing) what is the SHH?

Strawberry hills hotel.

Jetsetted
11-10-2012, 04:47 PM
It is, my time is these days limited to study (lol) and fifa. But because of upcoming courses it seems like i could very well be spending alot of weekends at games :)

WB Mono

Blackmac79
11-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Would rather have the cove behind me than lurking infront of me.

Just sayin.

The Dunster
11-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Is Ribeiro a starting quality AM or is he more or less only a squad player? Why I ask is because last week we really lacked creativity and I was hoping he might me the answer against Sydney.

Grimario
11-10-2012, 09:09 PM
If he is a squad player on a visa spot, GvE needs to be shot. If you are going to use visa spots, they should be your first 4 names on the team sheet along with your marquees.

militiamon
11-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Based on what I have seen of him so far, I definitely think he is. Might not be a complete player, but he has that imagination and fantasy (lol) which we completely lacked the other day. I see big potential with him playing through Heskey.

GazFish35
11-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Any chance of him taking the field in just his sluggo's?
His best YouTube work is when scantily clad.

Chadandkira12
11-10-2012, 09:23 PM
When I went to the open training session on thevwednesday they were playing a full fied game and ribiero was very creative then got tackled by Mitch oxborrow was a decent hit and he was rolling around lie he got his leg broken Gve walked over to him told him to get up and harden up because he doesn't have sooks on the team

Grimario
11-10-2012, 09:26 PM
GvE should be encouraging that type of behaviour. It's what our future Socceroo stars need in order to be competitive in Asia, for sure.

Buddha
11-10-2012, 10:49 PM
WB Mono

Well lick my fartbox I haven't heard that in a while, it feels good to be remembered

Mitchy
12-10-2012, 11:21 AM
all welcome to join me in the park with goon (y)

pv4
12-10-2012, 06:16 PM
what train on newcastle/central line are people catching?

also, i believe i have a spare ticket or two in the poor mans away bay. anyone looking for one?

Hamma12
12-10-2012, 06:28 PM
what train on newcastle/central line are people catching?

one that arrives in time before leaving SHH

pv4
12-10-2012, 07:48 PM
thanks ham

btw I just read that fox is allowing viewers to watch "del piero cam" - a camera view that follows adp around the entire game.

belchardo
12-10-2012, 08:14 PM
thanks ham

btw I just read that fox is allowing viewers to watch "del piero cam" - a camera view that follows adp around the entire game.

i look forward to heskey cam then.

terry
12-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Sydney 8-0.
GvE to try some experimental 5-6-4 formation before being told he can only have 11 on the pitch. Settles on the completely untried 4-3-2-1 with Kanta, Joe B and Pepper playing as holding midfielders to nullify ADP. Will confuse high tempo, short passing from the back with high passing from the back, short temper game plan. Passing will therefore be from the back, high balls from Tarago and Mitchell with the occasional long ball from Wheelhouse into the channels for Heskey. Heskey to throw his hands up in the air (wave em around like he just don't care) everytime we play a ball into the channels expecting him to chase or hoof a high ball a) over his head or b) well short of him due to strong headwind. RubeZ to see red as a result of short temper instructions.

lol.
The only other thing that could happen is shitney crowd and team making soggy saos over ADP that theyll have trouble seeing the ball through full facials.

militiamon
13-10-2012, 10:53 AM
mmbooooooooooooooooo

sneaky
13-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Please play 442 GVE
.................bk...................
nev......mitch...tiago........ritter
.................jobe...................
rubes.............................goody
...................ribiero................
.........heskey............griffo......

bench
kanta
chilli
bridgey
duncan

plague
13-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Please play 442 GVE
.................bk...................
nev......mitch...tiago........ritter
.................jobe...................
rubes.............................goody
...................ribiero................
.........heskey............griffo......

bench
kanta
chilli
bridgey
duncan

You're making far too much sense there, stop it right now.

GVE to unveil a 1-2-1-1-1-2-1-2 formation, get beat 7-1 then hail himself as revolutionary and bemoan the fact that injuries and lack of player intelligence are the only things preventing us from winning.
Picks Riberio at 'keeper then drags him after 6 minutes because he's 'not up to the standard'.
Mutters something about high tempo pressure then storms out.

1 week in and I'm already becomming real ****ing bitter.

sneaky
13-10-2012, 01:32 PM
yeah you are right. To logical!!!
more like 4-2-3-1
with kanta on and goody playing lb no ribeiro

13-10-2012, 04:18 PM
GVE out if no Ribiero today.

plague
13-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Fox sports just had a sideline interview with Deans about today's game. Couldn't be assed listening.

Deans out.

Grimario
13-10-2012, 04:55 PM
GVE out if no Ribiero today.

XI: Kennedy, Neville, Tiago, Mitchell, Ritter, Wheelhouse, Zadkovich, Goodwin, Virgili, Heskey, Griffiths
Substitutes: Bridges, Kantarovski, Bernardo, Duncan.

So do we have Goodwin playing as a winger or Goodwin playing as a wing back in a back 5?

OmeletteDuFromage
13-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Looks like winger.

Muswellbrookian
13-10-2012, 05:23 PM
So do we have Goodwin playing as a winger or Goodwin playing as a wing back in a back 5?

My bet's on back 5.

Nice to see some early signs of GVE's customary chopping and changing in the squad. Though I think I actually approve this time, given last week's result. (Haven't watched the game yet so can't be sure who was actually rubbish...)

OmeletteDuFromage
13-10-2012, 05:32 PM
"GVE playing with what we think is a back 4"

Even has the commentators confused.

Muswellbrookian
13-10-2012, 05:34 PM
"GVE playing with what we think is a back 4"

More comedy capers on the way this week?

Muswellbrookian
13-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Griff!

Christ, now I have to stew in nerves for another 80 minutes. Please don't loose, boys....

true waterboy
13-10-2012, 05:44 PM
i actually like the look of that side.
so glad kanta is outa the starting side. played sooo bad last week

weston
13-10-2012, 05:45 PM
1-0 :D GRIFFO!!!

OH ****....... Goodwin nearly cracked the post in half

Muswellbrookian
13-10-2012, 05:47 PM
so glad kanta is outa the starting side. played sooo bad last week

He's so overrated. Much like Tarek, he has pretty much regressed rather than developed since he started. Sounds like we're playing much more positively this week.

OmeletteDuFromage
13-10-2012, 05:47 PM
GRIFF <3

GVE in the stands in a box. Deans on the sidelines. If we lose......deans out

plague
13-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Christ, now I have to stew in nerves for another 80 minutes. Please don't loose, boys....

Well said. Already pacing the floor.

weston
13-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Tiago introducing himself to Del Piero :) Yellow card pfffft....

OmeletteDuFromage
13-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Shouldnt have been a FK imho

Muswellbrookian
13-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Goodbye three points.

plague
13-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Normal service resumed.
Del Piero is class.

weston
13-10-2012, 06:02 PM
BK had no chance

OmeletteDuFromage
13-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Best GK's would of had no chance.

Grimario
13-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Heskey time!!!!

weston
13-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Get innn!!!!!! Heskeyyyyyyy!!!

moses
13-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Strength from Heskey!!
:gent:

OmeletteDuFromage
13-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Heskeytoime!!!!!!!!!!!

Muswellbrookian
13-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Cannot wait to watch this game.

plague
13-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Ok griff aside is that the first marquee goal for us ever?

OmeletteDuFromage
13-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Ok griff aside is that the first marquee goal for us ever?

I believe so

Muswellbrookian
13-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Is this the first time a marquee has actually scored for us?

OmeletteDuFromage
13-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Zadkovich got a shot on target? Heskey scoring?

What the hell is happening.

Muswellbrookian
13-10-2012, 06:47 PM
So bloody nervous. Hope we can hang on or score another goal.

snake
13-10-2012, 06:49 PM
if i miss this i will neck myself

OmeletteDuFromage
13-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Ill have this game uploaded

true waterboy
13-10-2012, 06:52 PM
yew love goodwin.
he makes me want to start playing left wing back

OmeletteDuFromage
13-10-2012, 06:53 PM
What a player. He will go far

Muswellbrookian
13-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Ill have this game uploaded

Music to mine ears (well, eyes, but anyway). Massive thanks, as always!

Grimario
13-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Grifflet does a hammy to help Goodwin score. Lovely stuff.

weston
13-10-2012, 06:54 PM
I try and chip the keeper just like that in FIFA 13..... i'll never pull it off any better than that....... Goodwin :)

Ribeiro on Virggilli off

OmeletteDuFromage
13-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Bernardo is on. Looking forward to this.

moses
13-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Jets missed chances like Goodwin's back in the day.

OmeletteDuFromage
13-10-2012, 06:58 PM
I dont see Birighitti starting next week.

Muswellbrookian
13-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Sounds like we are under a shit-ton of pressure. Just let it end, already!

Muswellbrookian
13-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Fark, 3-2. Fark.

OmeletteDuFromage
13-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Ahhhhh shit.

weston
13-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Theres one place where we seem to be getting undone..... left side defence

Muswellbrookian
13-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Hahaha, rof, ANOTHER kid scores his debut goal against us! How many times has that happened, ffs.

OmeletteDuFromage
13-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Shit, thank you Bernardo.

Grimario
13-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Bernardo is on. Looking forward to this.

Well worth whatever we are paying him. Great effort on the goal line.

plague
13-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Bernado has paid his way already. Now Tiago pulling out all the tricks. Stretcher please. Good man. C'mon lads, hold on.

weston
13-10-2012, 07:11 PM
apparently someone threw a water bottle at tiago after he got off the stretcher and started walking...... he picks it up and drinks it.... lol...... but **** i hate it when players do that

snake
13-10-2012, 07:12 PM
7core? commuters

OmeletteDuFromage
13-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Tiago <3
Bernardo <3

Good game from Heskey.

Muswellbrookian
13-10-2012, 07:14 PM
C'mon lads, hold on.

This. A thousand times, this.

snake
13-10-2012, 07:14 PM
omg shit

plague
13-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Why is GVE in the stands? And why is Deans anywhere near our bench?

Muswellbrookian
13-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Why is GVE in the stands? And why is Deans anywhere near our bench?

The Egg trying to get his Wenger on.

Muswellbrookian
13-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Argh, where did the radio go???

OmeletteDuFromage
13-10-2012, 07:25 PM
3-2. Hell yes.

Muswellbrookian
13-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Fark, did we win?

OmeletteDuFromage
13-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Oh, and id like to see Bernardo start next week.

OmeletteDuFromage
13-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Fark, did we win?

3-2

(Sydney: Del Piero, Powell)
(Newcastle: Griffiths, Heskey, Goodwin)

weston
13-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Mel and Griffo <3

Grimario
13-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Mel and Griffo <3

What a promo for the game and for Sydney by Griffo. Love him.

But how ****ing hot is Mel. Bloody hell.

halo se7en
13-10-2012, 07:32 PM
FFS... that last 10mins was ****ing hard to listen to. I think we might have turned the corner... Jets of old would have let a couple of late goals in to lose (then again, we wouldn't have scored 3 to begin with).

Who was the fkn idiot that said Goodwin should be dropped???? LOL

OmeletteDuFromage
Del Piero for the 3 points? Should have been Goodwin.

Grimario
Who does this voting? Goodwin best on ground by a country mile.

weston
13-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Goodwin 3 Griff 2 (maybe even other way around) and Heskey 1...... my votes

OmeletteDuFromage
13-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Will try and have it uploaded by tomorrow by night guys.

weston
13-10-2012, 07:44 PM
any one catch the attemdance figure?

pottytop
13-10-2012, 07:47 PM
any one catch the attemdance figure?

Would say a third will not come back after watching tonight.

De-Champ
13-10-2012, 07:47 PM

plague
13-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Even Bozza said Goodwin was MOM. Don't know who does the Tobin medal.
The 3-2-1 fan votes thread should make some interesting debate this week. Not too many of our lads didn't deserve points.

plague
13-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Also, well done to the travelling fans. You looked and sounded great. Very proud of you lads.

Retro Jet
13-10-2012, 08:16 PM
GRIFF <3

GVE in the stands in a box. Deans on the sidelines. If we lose......deans out

Is Deans still in? lol

plague
13-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Is Deans still in? lol
Deans is going to add that win to his 'undefeated' resume.
Can't wait til he's unveiled as the new manager of the Perth W-League team.

Deans out.

OmeletteDuFromage
13-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Deans still out please.

plague
13-10-2012, 08:23 PM
A disgruntled youth just told me #goodwin is "trending on twitter".
I hope that's a good thing.

scozzygt
13-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Fvck off back to pasta land del PENIS.
Hesk, yoo fvckn are tha MAN !!!

OmeletteDuFromage
13-10-2012, 08:31 PM
I guess you could say that was a...........goodwin for us.

plague
13-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Fvck off back to pasta land del PENIS.
Hesk, yoo fvckn are tha MAN !!!

My great day just got greaterer.
Big man was good wasn't he.
The best thing he can do now is punch Hutcho right in the face next week.

snake
13-10-2012, 08:43 PM
onya scuzz xo w

pv4
13-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Best GK's would of had no chance.

best keepers wouldn't have set themselves up so far away. adp was always hitting it there, and bk was too far away. see rubez fk v necevski at the same end - necevski is much closer to the wall side and manages to reach the ball.

bk had a few shaky moments, mixed with some good ones. standard performance for a Hal keeper IMO. still think biraz is a much better option for us.

adp is unreal to watch. a little overprotected by the ref a few times though - especially tiagos yellow, wasn't even a freekick IMO.

I've never felt so comfortable with someone having the ball in a wide and pushing high position as much as I am with Goodwin - he's flying.

felt really comfortable with tiago too - thought he was great.

wd to the active support that made some good noise. special mention to furns for drumming with 1 stick for a large part.

did the tifo get on the screen? how did it look if so?

scozzygt
13-10-2012, 09:00 PM

And kick his tiny gravy bags so far up, he can wear them as a head dress.
Fvckn oxygen thief.

au revoir
13-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Rip snake

plague
13-10-2012, 09:27 PM
wd to the active support that made some good noise. special mention to furns for drumming with 1 stick for a large part.

did the tifo get on the screen? how did it look if so?

"We're here for Newcastle" got good screen time.
Also some great handclap shots behind the goals for corners late in the 2nd half.
Looked and sounded good lads. Well in.

seldom
13-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Goodwin is a class act...still believe he showed this last week...haters fvck off

Bon
13-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Goodwin is a class act...still believe he showed this last week...haters fvck off

Mate, Goodwin is a class above anything that was out there today.. He was unbelievable..
Yep, PV4, you know how you feel about Zad? That's how I'm feeling for Goodwin right now.. hahaha

seldom
13-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Goodies Woodies ...he's givin me one

westjet
13-10-2012, 10:36 PM
bloody awesome performance. if that is how Heskey plays after 2 weeks can't wait to see him mid season and beyond when he is fully match fit. adp man of the match, you are kidding - cannot believe that the commentators were all wearing blue ties pretty obviously who they were supporting and they obviously chose mom. can't wait to see the new rules FFA invents for next week seeing Sydney and melboure are last and second last!

seldom
13-10-2012, 10:42 PM
yeah long balls are now directed chest height... gives him options...thought young chil looked dangerous early on

Thomas477
13-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Wow, was at the game, just wow.

Goodwin was by far the best player out there, great FIFA-like chip to beat Necevski.
Bridges showed he still has it when he comes on, IMO him coming on late is a brilliant move.
Tiago, as much as he gives me a heart attack whenever he plays, I love his antics.
Neville played well, Zad got a shot on target FFS.
Heskey :wub:

On the controversial topic, I thought bk was well under par. Poor positioning for the free kick and he had 5 blokes in the wall FFS. At that angle you have 4 at the most, having that extra bloke pushes you further away from the goal. That dropped catch won't have helped him. I know everyone drops them occasionally, but for a pro keeper, it's not what you want to see. Finally, he has resumed his normal service of rushing out rashly and not getting the ball. I believe GvE will go with Birghitti next week.

furns
13-10-2012, 10:46 PM

did the tifo get on the screen? how did it look if so?cant believe I broke the new one ffs

terry
13-10-2012, 10:54 PM
What a promo for the game and for Sydney by Griffo. Love him.

FFA hates this promo. wut, Heskys testies garn orf.

plague
13-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Not having a go Thomas but you should also mention the decent block he made late in the game. Agreed he had some shaky (read:poor) moments early but on balance of first two weeks neither keeper can expect to be confident of being picked next week.

hawk
13-10-2012, 11:08 PM
cant believe I broke the new one ffs

Did you lose your beat furnstaphile? :)

twenty2one
13-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Wow, was at the game, just wow.

Goodwin was by far the best player out there, great FIFA-like chip to beat Necevski.
Bridges showed he still has it when he comes on, IMO him coming on late is a brilliant move.
Tiago, as much as he gives me a heart attack whenever he plays, I love his antics.
Neville played well, Zad got a shot on target FFS.
Heskey :wub:

On the controversial topic, I thought bk was well under par. Poor positioning for the free kick and he had 5 blokes in the wall FFS. At that angle you have 4 at the most, having that extra bloke pushes you further away from the goal. That dropped catch won't have helped him. I know everyone drops them occasionally, but for a pro keeper, it's not what you want to see. Finally, he has resumed his normal service of rushing out rashly and not getting the ball. I believe GvE will go with Birghitti next week.

BK was actually sick 2nite and spent most of last night at a Sydney hospital, so all things considered I think he did OK

GazFish35
13-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Geez. How bad was Adam Griffiths.
I know he doesn't care for us, but it was nice for him to help us achieve the victory tonight.

front2
13-10-2012, 11:15 PM

punch him hard before he scores.

hawk
13-10-2012, 11:17 PM
I know he doesn't care for us, but it was nice for him to help us achieve the victory tonight.

He secrelty loves us from that effort.

plague
13-10-2012, 11:20 PM

Seeing him, his headband and his crappy tee shirts get embarrassed by his brother and Goodie for the 3rd goal was my highlight of the night until Scozzy piped up and gave it the big ones.

Lionel Hutz
13-10-2012, 11:25 PM
Goodwin is a gun, nuff said

WolfMan
13-10-2012, 11:38 PM
Just got home. Great day out - brilliant atmosphere and the result to match.

Last week, I honestly didn't see how Goodwin was getting all the Supporter's 3-points; today I was left with no question. He was an absolute machine down that Left side all bloody day. Not even including his calm and collected goal, he was brilliant.

As for Del Piero's Free-Kick, from behind the goal, it looked decent, but was hardly "unstoppable". Looked as though BK was a good 3 yards further to his Left than what he needed to be, given the relative position of the dead-ball. Case in point: Rubes' Free-Kick in the 2nd half was from a similar position and Necevski was able to palm it away at almost full-stretch around about the same spot that Del Piero placed his earlier effort.

lquiquer
14-10-2012, 12:06 AM
I think BK was absolutely at fault on the free kick.....out of position by a mile. From bay 2 the first thing i thought was ADP will kick it at the near post, to the right of BK and where does BK stand? towards the other side and too far out from his goal line.....but in saying that, all good at the end and Goodwin......

seldom
14-10-2012, 12:38 AM

he and fellow defenders are arse...honestly believe they've got a great chance for the spoon

militiamon
14-10-2012, 12:50 AM
It's like all those years of utterly horrible away trips to Sydney are finally being paid back.

One of those rare occasions in football where everything you hope happens does and in spectacular fashion.

Retro Jet
14-10-2012, 12:51 AM
Anyone that can find a link to Goodwin's debut v Tards (4.2.12) I'd be much obliged for.
Highlights...match? Kan ne' find nuttin' on UToob.

Sh!tney and Tards propping the rest of the table up. Love it.

Retro Jet
14-10-2012, 12:53 AM
It's like all those years of utterly horrible away trips to Sydney are finally being paid back.

One of those rare occasions in football where everything you hope happens does and in spectacular fashion.

Yeah...like between 1978 - 2000
Too many to count :sigh:

militiamon
14-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Still having a good lol at how we managed to steal Goodwin from MH.

Must have been a bunch of retards, kid is a deadset genius. The scary thing is that I think his decision making could become even better with experience.

Yeah...like between 1978 - 2000
Too many to count :sigh:

Retro Jet, doing it for Newy big time since 1978. We done it.

seldom
14-10-2012, 01:02 AM
I think ya right he seems very composed on the ball for a youngin and as he gets more experience and confidence will start to tear. Love how he seems to play the game on instinct.

Retro Jet
14-10-2012, 01:17 AM
Still having a good lol at how we managed to steal Goodwin from MH.

Must have been a bunch of retards, kid is a deadset genius. The scary thing is that I think his decision making could even become even better with experience.

Retro Jet, doing it for Newy big time since 1978. We done it.

So imagine when Brown gets up and going at his peak.... :fap:

I can't say my Sh!tney travel is anything to write home about of late (last decade) but some of the back water shitholes we visited throught the State League years
of 1987 - 1991 were truely an experience. So was the 1 time at Sh!tney Croatia with the Breakers 2nd season...crackers, rocks, saliva hurled at us. Even their security had a go at
us when we called for help. F-wits of the highest order. Good riddance.
Looked like good numbers down there and considering what they were singing against, a top effort.

RedMexican
14-10-2012, 01:27 AM
best day.
was good to meet rocknerd in person and sink a brew with him.
well done to furns and timmy.
active support was awesome.

Mitchy
14-10-2012, 01:36 AM
Top day out, best active support in a long time

Heskey Goalllll

parksey
14-10-2012, 01:50 AM
great day

was almost killed on the walk home but you gotta roll with it

belchardo
14-10-2012, 07:48 AM
woo!

stopper2
14-10-2012, 08:49 AM
Goodwin reminds of Tommy Oar and Michael Zullo when they first burst onto the HAL. They're both in Europe now so I'd say that within a couple of seasons Goodwin will be over there too. For now it's great that he is with us because I can't recall the last time we had an exciting, attacking player of his class tearing up the wing, beating players and scoring goals.
After an indifferent first up performance (which was understandable) Heskey's display was very encouraging. In only his 2nd game he proved that he will get goals for us and if he builds week by week, he will be the premier striker in the comp by December.
We can give the top four a shake this year but to worry Roar and Perth I don't know if we have that quality in defence/keeper to keep clean sheets consistently (which the top teams do). We haven't really got that midfield general....a Paartulu or a Burns who dominates....that is the other concern.

q-money
14-10-2012, 09:09 AM
wild times, there are some deadset horrible members of humanity in our end though...the blue flanno bloke in the trackpants, fmd

The Dunster
14-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Zullo scored two goals in 53 A-league appearances and Tommy Oar scored two goals in 26 appearances over several seasons.

Goodwin is in an entirely different class altogether.

The last kid I saw with his sort of talent was named Kewell (close enough anyway).

GazFish35
14-10-2012, 09:21 AM
I can't recall the last time we had an exciting, attacking player of his class tearing up the wing, beating players and scoring goals.

Thierry Henry when he first arri... Oh, you meant in Newcastle!
Don't think it's ever happened.
retro jet might be able to name someone.

WolfMan
14-10-2012, 09:21 AM
wild times, there are some deadset horrible members of humanity in our end though...the blue flanno bloke in the trackpants, fmd

Not sure I laid eyes on this specimen. I did however get a laugh out of a visibly plastered Jets fan leading a solo charge of "Clap-clap-clap, clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap - JETS!" but trying to squeeze the 3 syllabled "Newcastle" into that same "jets" gap. He eventually figured it out. Good news story

GazFish35
14-10-2012, 09:28 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/4311600-3x2-940x627.jpg

Rumors around that Adam asked heskey to swap shirts after the game...

Heskey replied "nah, I've seen your shirts"

Superdylan
14-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Top Sydney away, great to beat sydney in front of 35,000 happy our away support wasn't screwed over by the event watchers. Great stuff with the active support we were on fire. Heskey :cool:

Then celebrated at my cousins 21st yewwin

hawk
14-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Anyone that can find a link to Goodwin's debut v Tards (4.2.12) I'd be much obliged for.
Highlights...match? Kan ne' find nuttin' on UToob.

Sh!tney and Tards propping the rest of the table up. Love it.
was here (https://acrossthetasman.com/showthread.php?34***-A-League-2011-12-Round-18-**All-Releases**) but will need to request a seed

Thomas477
14-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Not having a go Thomas but you should also mention the decent block he made late in the game. Agreed he had some shaky (read: poor) moments early but on balance of first two weeks neither keeper can expect to be confident of being picked next week.

Aye, he did make a solid save, nothing spectacular, and it was hit straight at him. And I'd agree with your last point, I miss the days we had a top keeper, like Godvic.

BK was actually sick 2nite and spent most of last night at a Sydney hospital, so all things considered I think he did OK

Was he? I didn't hear about that. Still doesn't matter IMO. If he was ruled fit to play (by the same blokes that said Culina was a-okay) then we can still expect a certain level from him, which he was below for most of the game. That being said, I hope he gets better, we've had enough of our keepers being in hospital.

RedMexican
14-10-2012, 10:14 AM
so good to see virgilli get a start aswell.
hopefully he can become a full time starter, his pre season was great. he dominated in tge state league aswell.
good to see another top notch local product

gd___
14-10-2012, 10:26 AM
I realy liked the way so many Sydney supports were grabbing there jackets to cover up the fact they were were wearing black and white stripes, just like the Jets playing stripe.

pv4
14-10-2012, 10:28 AM
head here (http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?327-Supporters-players-voting-rd2) to cast your nf.net supporters votes on our boys.

pv4
14-10-2012, 10:37 AM
also for all the rest of the kit nerds out there..

is anyone else f***ing sick of the ffa not getting a handle on alternating kits?

so last night our outfield kit was perfectly alternate to sydney's - different shirts, different socks, but same shorts. all good.

our kit is white&black, and it's pretty clear our shirt is more white than black. in rolls necevski with a complete white kit. are you kidding me?

mariners have enough blue on their now home kit to make their away kit not very alternate (and i'm not sure if they can use either away v wellington), perth have two fairly-white kits, heart have likewise with two red/white kits, wsw have two red kits, last year galekovic lasted a half wearing a light blue jersey against sydney's home kit. someone get a handle on this ffs! it's embarrasing for the league imo, i cringe everytime i think of this shit.

RedMexican
14-10-2012, 11:00 AM

is anyone else f***ing sick of the ffa not getting a handle on alternating kits?

so last night our outfield kit was perfectly alternate to sydney's - different shirts, different socks, but same shorts. all good.

our kit is white&black, and it's pretty clear our shirt is more white than black. in rolls necevski with a complete white kit. are you kidding me?

mariners have enough blue on their now home kit to make their away kit not very alternate (and i'm not sure if they can use either away v wellington), perth have two fairly-white kits, heart have likewise with two red/white kits, wsw have two red kits, last year galekovic lasted a half wearing a light blue jersey against sydney's home kit. someone get a handle on this ffs! it's embarrasing for the league imo, i cringe everytime i think of this shit.

rant over ;)

GazFish35
14-10-2012, 11:22 AM

think you might be the only one.

Jeterpool
14-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Great game yesterday. The atmosphere at the stadium and the guys in the active support areas kept going all day. Well done.

Everybody played well, and everything has been said that I will say. Let's celebrate the win for now, but in a few days time the realisation will drop that we still conceded two goals. The left hand side of our defence was exposed a number of times and I thought Ritter wasn't at the same level he was the week before - I thought he was propping a bit and don't think he fully recovered from the ankle injury. Credit for getting through the match.

Also credit to Sydney's fans for two things. 1 - Clapping Heskey off and showing him respect. 2 - The cove keeping quiet for the majority of the match, allowing about 1/8th of the number of Jets fans to out sing them.

Good signs when in attack but certainly more to do - looking positive though

hawk
14-10-2012, 11:58 AM
I realy liked the way so many Sydney supports were grabbing there jackets to cover up the fact they were were wearing black and white stripes, just like the Jets playing stripe.

Cause they're not aussies. too busy worshiping false gods.

hawk
14-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Slater crying and making excuses for smurfs all game. Being the usual retard.

stopper2
14-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Slater crying and making excuses for smurfs all game. Being the usual retard.
Thought Bozza was even worse. As a commentator showed that he is blatantly a one-eyed Sydney supporter in his comments.

militiamon
14-10-2012, 12:20 PM
How good were Gary's media tactics?

Told the media all week that we would be playing the same way, there would only be a couple of changes etc.

Come game day and he reverts the formation back to one with a back 4, kicks out Kanta with no hesitation, brings in Tiago who had missed half our pre-season, starts Virgili, puts Ribeiro on the bench. He saw what was wrong with last week and made the necessary changes. Can't ask much more of a coach.

Thomas477
14-10-2012, 12:34 PM

Agreed. The state of the alternate kits for clubs other than us, roar, SFC, victory and Adelaide is piss poor. I was wary of WSW away vs Adelaide but it wasn't too bad, the real test will be v Heart, though I suspect WSW will go with their home kit.

I just don't know what goes through the FFA mind when clubs like CCM and heart go to them with their designs almost identical away strips which WILL clash with other teams home kits. FFS here's an idea for the coasties for their away strip, go with plain white with blue and yellow trimmings, heart could go with an all black away kit and Perth have a solid purple home kit and a white away kit.

FFS it's not hard.

sneaky
14-10-2012, 12:43 PM
TRUE!! Onya GVE the formation was excellent it was really like a 4-3-3 at times. I thought his tactcs and game plan were superb. Credit where credit is due.
Just a poor tatical 1st game!!
Amazing passing from our boys and goody was on fire with griff and rubes in there!!
Go Jets

Superdylan
14-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Gees Sydney are good with these tifos? Are some of the cove professional artists?

furns
14-10-2012, 12:52 PM
wild times, there are some deadset horrible members of humanity in our end though...the blue flanno bloke in the trackpants, fmdyeah saw him one of the pubcast lads came up to me and pointed him out. Watched him for about ten minutes and cringed every second :blush:

Hamma12
14-10-2012, 12:54 PM

The bloke your speaking of is best mates with SD

q-money
14-10-2012, 12:55 PM
really disturbing

furns
14-10-2012, 12:58 PM
unfortunately he wasnt the only tool in attendance, but it must be said the majority made up for it.

terry
14-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Gees Sydney are naf with these tifos? Are some of the cove professional assholes?

some are. good observation

furns
14-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Does anyone remember how much we were paying last season at SHH for beers? It seemed their prices have skyrocketed, I was paying nearly $7 for a schooner of cider ffs

food was still great value tho

BodyNovo
14-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Was it a 4-3-3 we were playing or did we play 4-4-2

The way I saw it we were lined up like this

Gk: bk
Cb: Tiago
Cb: Mitchell
Lb Ritter
Rb:Neville
Rm: virgili
Cm: Jobe (holding)
Cm : rubes (advanced)
Lm: Goodwin
St: griff
St: heskey

Either way gve tactics were spot on. Rubes absolutely heckled mcflynn literally out of the game. Goodwin just was immense, not being a one eyed supporter but I would almost be worth for osieck to give him a look in at LB.

Hope heskey scores every week now. Kids go mental.

q-money
14-10-2012, 01:11 PM
detective hambone rides again

BodyNovo
14-10-2012, 01:12 PM
9$ for a magner FFS. Tenzo were selling buckets of 5$ for 20...Sydney economy jeez

pv4
14-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Agreed.

to further my argument, yesterday the ffa let these two kits play against each other:

http://i50.tinypic.com/153b8xu.png

Buddha
14-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Love Heskey, said I'd get my dick out if he scored, not in the league of his cock

BK not a keeper, Boz agrees

Discussed Virgili with Boz, agreed he is a poor mans Walcott, bags and bags of pace and talent, but his second touch is a tackle.

Only had one sip of my beer, nek minnet, beer gone.

Love heskey

Buddha
14-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Ref needs to get em onside too

pv4
14-10-2012, 02:55 PM
jobe's delivery off setpieces seemed to be awful from where we were sitting. not sure if it was better on the screen.

Grunta
14-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Love Heskey, said I'd get my dick out if he scored, not in the league of his cock

BK not a keeper, Boz agrees

Discussed Virgili with Boz, agreed he is a poor mans Walcott, bags and bags of pace and talent, but his second touch is a tackle.

Only had one sip of my beer, nek minnet, beer gone.

Love heskey

Why because he has his own hair and doesn't do drugs ha ha ha

Buddha
14-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Something that needs to be addressed at next training.

pistolpete
14-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Goodwin just was immense, not being a one eyed supporter but it would almost be worth for osieck to give him a look in at LB.

Totally agree, not one eyed at all. He is a certainty for young player of the year. Even my brother who is a massive Sydney fan gave him a huge wrap. Only problem is if he keeps playing this well he may be gone in January :(

pv4
14-10-2012, 03:08 PM
in normal play and not near goal it never really fusses me, but adp's freekick seems to be taken about 5metres closer to goal than the 'foul' actually happened. at least, however many metres the dark green strip is.

http://i48.tinypic.com/23uveb.png

btw listening to harper commentating (which i rarely do) he basically slays bk's positioning before & after the goal.

sneaky
14-10-2012, 03:10 PM
jobe's delivery off setpieces seemed to be awful from where we were sitting. not sure if it was better on the screen.

LOL fox commentators were praising Jets delivery of set pieces. I partly agree with commentators. Well from corners i agree but we struggle from anywhere else