PDA

View Full Version : 2023 NPL Womens

Aegon
19-11-2022, 09:24 PM
Welcome to 2023 NPL Womens thread

RainMaker
14-12-2022, 02:40 PM
hello Ladies,
what are the predictions for each of the grades in 2023.
1st:
Resi's
17's
15's
13's
who will be the top 4 in each grade and who do you see as the big improvers of each grade.
hopefully this is a good starting point for 2023 thread.

Hurricane
14-12-2022, 03:13 PM
hello Ladies,
1st:
Resi's
17's
15's
13's
who will be the top 4 in each grade and who do you see as the big improvers of each grade.
What are your predictions Rainmaker

sideline88
15-12-2022, 08:00 AM
hello Ladies,
1st:
Resi's
17's
15's
13's

I love a good pre-season prediction. in no particular order of course :wink:

1sts: Magic, Azzurri, Maitland, New Lambton
Res: Azzurri, Adamstown, Magic, Olympic
17s:Adamstown, Magic, Maitland, Olympic
15s:Adamstown, Azzuri, Olympic, Maitland
13s:Adamstown, Magic, Azzurri, Warners Bay

Goatscheese
16-12-2022, 03:13 PM
New Lambton to finish top 2 now they are spending again. I saw they posted a Welcome back message to Lauren Allen for returning to the club. She left New Lambton because Warners paid her more, now New Lambton are coughing up the cash again she is back. Hardly deserving of some welcome back message.

Bull fighter
16-12-2022, 06:53 PM
New Lambton to finish top 2 now they are spending again. I saw they posted a Welcome back message to Lauren Allen for returning to the club. She left New Lambton because Warners paid her more, now New Lambton are coughing up the cash again she is back. Hardly deserving of some welcome back message.

Fantastic player and even better person, fully deserving of everything that comes her way. Lauren has played with 4 clubs in the WPL and this is her second stint with New Lambton.

ForeverRed
16-12-2022, 08:35 PM
Really, poor post

SAPDADDY
19-01-2023, 08:18 AM
I love a good pre-season prediction. in no particular order of course :wink:

1sts: Magic, Azzurri, Maitland, New Lambton
Res: Azzurri, Adamstown, Magic, Olympic
17s:Adamstown, Magic, Maitland, Olympic
15s:Adamstown, Azzuri, Olympic, Maitland
13s:Adamstown, Magic, Azzurri, Warners Bay

Firsts - maitland, magic, Olympic, new lambton

Will be interesting to see who buys the trophy this year

RainMaker
25-01-2023, 02:37 PM
To be honest its all been pretty crazy stuff so far. Jets are out there doing their best to kill off talent in the youth and seniors appears to be a circus of revolving doors. hopefully it will settle down as we get closer to the start of the comp and get some good football played regardless.

ForeverRed
05-03-2023, 07:28 PM
Olympic beat warners bay 16 nil, please this can’t be serious

sideline88
06-03-2023, 07:48 AM
Olympic beat warners bay 16 nil, please this can’t be serious
WB are the new NL, buy the comp one year, finish bottom the next

SAPDADDY
06-03-2023, 08:14 AM
WB are the new NL, buy the comp one year, finish bottom the next

Is it a coincidence that its the same players on the merry-go-round?

Poor WB, gotta feel sorry for them.

Notice AJ running around with magic, jets release her?

RainMaker
07-03-2023, 01:49 PM
I see the new squadi app they are using shows Olympic as scoring 160 goals against WB. i think the mobile app must have a glitch.

onlooker
07-03-2023, 11:16 PM
Is it a coincidence that its the same players on the merry-go-round?

Poor WB, gotta feel sorry for them.

Notice AJ running around with magic, jets release her?

Heard AJ left once the coaching change happened. Not sure who initiated the leave but from memory it happened pretty quickly.

matjpacker
19-03-2023, 10:23 AM
I see the new squadi app they are using shows Olympic as scoring 160 goals against WB. i think the mobile app must have a glitch.

Squadi is another one of those NNSWF decision that baffle. It’s not remotely ready for use, let alone to be the live scoring and substitution system on game day.

Taffy
20-03-2023, 09:49 AM
Another tough weekend for Warners Bay, not enough talent around, should drop back to 6 or 7 teams

SAPDADDY
20-03-2023, 04:01 PM
Another tough weekend for Warners Bay, not enough talent around, should drop back to 6 or 7 teams

Should be a point system introduced, that would stop the bulk player movement every third year.

The Magician
20-03-2023, 05:00 PM
Should be a point system introduced, that would stop the bulk player movement every third year.

Yes, and that works so well in the Boys NPL, like how Jaffas can sign 9 from Cooks Hill and another 4 from other clubs.

Taffy
20-03-2023, 05:09 PM
Yes, and that works so well in the Boys NPL, like how Jaffas can sign 9 from Cooks Hill and another 4 from other clubs.

Are the ones they have signed any good though?

Zonal Marking
20-03-2023, 06:17 PM
Are the ones they have signed any good though?
Jaffas look very average this year so I’d say not

Game Leader
21-03-2023, 07:19 PM
Will this be the straw that breaks the Bays back and sends them looking for an NPL club to take over their licence?

21-03-2023, 08:35 PM
Will this be the straw that breaks the Bays back and sends them looking for an NPL club to take over their licence?
Edgeworth? Valo with there big aspersions ? Lakes no $$ . I’m on the Out side looking in …just my thoughts

I know nothing
21-03-2023, 11:10 PM
Why would this break the camels back? New Lambton got through last year, pretty sure any club could. How about instead of hating on Warners Bay people try and stand by them and give them some gratitude for turning up every week. Not sure what happened for everyone to leave but even the media won’t let them move on.

Taffy
22-03-2023, 09:39 AM
Edgeworth? Valo with there big aspersions ? Lakes no $$ . I’m on the Out side looking in …just my thoughts

Valo had the girls once, kicked them out.

Taffy
22-03-2023, 09:41 AM
Why would this break the camels back? New Lambton got through last year, pretty sure any club could. How about instead of hating on Warners Bay people try and stand by them and give them some gratitude for turning up every week.

New Lambton knew they were going to be in both NPL and WNPL in 2023 last year.

Not sure what happened for everyone to leave but even the media won’t let them move on.

Other clubs came and offered a number of key players more money, rest saw the writing on the wall and left.

Hopefully all these young girls stick with it for the year can come back stronger and experienced next year.

Kickandgiggle
22-03-2023, 11:05 AM
Valo had the girls. Edgeworth had the girls. Lakes had the girls.
Charlestown and Magic were also happy to let the girls go when the money wasn’t there for them.
Newcastle football forgets quickly, any club that’s trying to support and grow women’s football should be supported, no matter what’s happened in the past.

ForeverRed
22-03-2023, 11:57 AM
Not to forget new Lambton haven’t won a game yet also so not much has changed except the score line one could say.

Game Leader
22-03-2023, 07:28 PM
I’m not having a go at Bay, it’s just going to be hard to entice players there for a bit and will be tough times for the players and coaches there. No doubt they will get through it eventually. But you do have to look at the old Wallsend and South Wallsend clubs, both now aligned with NPL clubs and both pretty competitive with some silverware so far without stacking seniors with the W League.

northern_swan
22-03-2023, 10:41 PM
Why would this break the camels back? New Lambton got through last year, pretty sure any club could. How about instead of hating on Warners Bay people try and stand by them and give them some gratitude for turning up every week. Not sure what happened for everyone to leave but even the media won’t let them move on.

Up to $100 more for rego per community player than other clubs within a 5k radius for WB? 🤔

Pierre Essers
22-03-2023, 10:57 PM
Up to $100 more for rego per community player than other clubs within a 5k radius for WB? 🤔

Care to elaborate or provide more information? Community Fees between $200 - $300 ranging from U/6 to U18 looks on par with most around Macquarie??

Taffy
23-03-2023, 09:23 AM
For those curious for U5-U7 https://www.northernnswfootball.com.au/sites/nnswf/files/2023-02/2023%20Zone%20Entry%20Level%20Registration%20Fees% 20-%20Macquarie%20Football.pdf

In Macquarie, Valentine charge the most, cheapest is Garden Suburbs. But I know they also are the most expensive for All Age which subsidises their miniroos.

SAPDADDY
23-03-2023, 01:57 PM
Not to forget new Lambton haven’t won a game yet also so not much has changed except the score line one could say.

Might be a first for the same coach to be sacked twice by the one club this year

matjpacker
24-03-2023, 07:44 AM
Might be a first for the same coach to be sacked twice by the one club this year

It’s unlikely that the coach gets sacked given that both his strikers and a key midfielder suffered injuries in preseason and round 1…also with Cass and Lauren joining the squad in the not too distant future.

SAPDADDY
27-03-2023, 08:29 AM

Maybe the 19 nil loss yesterday will...
Northern needs to step in and manage this dwindling comp.

Alton
27-03-2023, 09:06 AM
Embarrassing

Taffy
27-03-2023, 09:13 AM

8 teams have always been too many. Should reduce to 7 and strengthen the competition.

Jardelsimage
27-03-2023, 01:32 PM
8 teams have always been too many. Should reduce to 7 and strengthen the competition.

there are enough good players to fill 8 teams.

Problem No1 are the fees NPLW clubs are charging their players.

Go through the womens A & B comps this year, you will find some very handy players, who dont want to pay shit loads to play NPLW comp.

Do all NPLW players get paid?? in 1st grade or only the elite stars who get on this club rotation?

ForeverRed
27-03-2023, 07:03 PM
What total are fees

matjpacker
28-03-2023, 12:13 PM
What total are fees

Club fees vary a bit from what I?ve heard, ranging from $1400 to over $2000, if you include the uniform costs that clubs do or don?t bundle?

Our Youth fees are $1500 all inclusive, while our seniors are at $1650 all inclusive.

The number of fee paying seniors varies too, this is dependent on how the head coach wants to spend their budget, which is set by the club?s executive, how deep a squad they want, player promotion from youth, how they want to pay their assistants, etc.

Costs are increasing yearly, and that?s not just from the clubs but also from the competition administration side.

There?s no simple answer, but it really does need looking at?

namwob99
28-03-2023, 12:57 PM
100% needs looking at across the board.
Parents will continue to pay first grade wages for fear of their child missing out, myself included.
Personally got slugged $1800, to then be told by the club that due to excess stock we received one of last year's training shirts in our allotment of two training shirts that we've paid for. How embarrassing.

Beppe
28-03-2023, 05:21 PM
Maybe the 19 nil loss yesterday will...

who is coaching warners bay....just curious who has put their hand up to help out this year in what will be a tough season.

Kickandgiggle
02-04-2023, 08:08 PM
Is there a reason that the refs hesitate to give cards in the women?s games?
Adamstown could have easily have finished the game with 9 players last night, one sliding through a player from behind and not even a yellow being shown.
Then again when I was at the Magic-Maitland game today Magic could have been in a similar position. The Magic player who was sent after the game could have easily been given a second yellow for her challenge at the end of the game.
If refs were more willing to give cards it would cause a lot of players to re think the way they behave on the field?

onlooker
02-04-2023, 10:08 PM
Is there a reason that the refs hesitate to give cards in the women?s games?
Adamstown could have easily have finished the game with 9 players last night, one sliding through a player from behind and not even a yellow being shown.
Then again when I was at the Magic-Maitland game today Magic could have been in a similar position. The Magic player who was sent after the game could have easily been given a second yellow for her challenge at the end of the game.
If refs were more willing to give cards it would cause a lot of players to re think the way they behave on the field?

Magic goalkeeper could have easily been sent off in the first half, Maitland player gets to the ball first heads it past the keeper who is outside the box and in her attempts to clear the ball collects all of the maitland player and none of the ball. Unfortunately not long later she was substituted with a head injury, hopefully she is ok and has a speedy recovery.

Game Leader
16-04-2023, 08:55 PM
Coelho to Olympic I heard today. Surprised NL didn?t try fit her in their $quad.

Game Leader
23-04-2023, 09:03 PM
Tara Andrew$ to New Lambton, 3 Aleague Women player$ in one $ide.

jessepinkman
23-04-2023, 09:27 PM
Tara Andrew$ to New Lambton, 3 Aleague Women player$ in one $ide.

surely you're gonna run out of former clubs to bag soon?

Game Leader
23-04-2023, 10:43 PM
I?ve never had any association with the Eagles. All I?m saying is NL seem to be going down the same path as a season before. And you can?t honestly say that they aren?t forking out some serious coin for the team they?ve built.
Can you point out the clubs I have ?bagged? ?

onlooker
25-04-2023, 10:10 PM
Coelho to Olympic I heard today. Surprised NL didn?t try fit her in their $quad.

Makes sense for the fact the girl of Williams who played first grade on the weekend has just joined the Jets academy so Coelho would go in to replace her.

IMO
28-04-2023, 05:14 PM
The Williams girl was the 17s keeper for Olympic.

northern_swan
28-04-2023, 09:46 PM
Warners Bay forfeiting Reserve Grade to Olympic this weekend?

Game Leader
28-04-2023, 10:49 PM
Tactical 0-3 loss ?
Would hurt Olympic if the end of the season came down to GD.

IMO
30-04-2023, 05:05 PM
Thoughts? Im no expert and would never claim to be, just a parent of a couple of wpl players who has been watching them all play since they could kick a ball.

The last few year's i have been noticing myself as well as hearing, and it seems to be quite common and really annoying, that clubs (not all clubs and grades of course) seem to be constantly recruiting coaches that are way too overcommitted or inexperienced or sometimes both.

We need coaches who know their players and what they can do and are fully committed to each and every player in their squad.

Coaches who analyse games and take the time to make decent coaching plans and provide quality feedback and development to each and every player.

Before you say go easy it's a volunteer role... I get that, what I'm saying is don't "volunteer" if you can't have it take over your life. They are out there, I've seen many of them overlooked time and time again for what seems to be the absolute wrong reasons.

A good coach is not a good coach automatically because the forefathers and 6 uncles coached and played at the club.

A good coach is not a coach when they already coach another grade, play themselves and or then coach a senior squad.

A coach is not good just because they coach at Jets as well or used to.

A coach is good because they are fully committed to the team they are coaching 100% and the team feels it. Then the results come along with harmony and healthy interactions.

Seems to be so many angry, defensive overcommitted coaches out there in the clubs. It should never be not about lineage or just a licence level or who you know. Not about who pays the sponsorship money or who owns who.

I have a MR licence and First Aid certificate, it doesn't necessarily mean I'm good at those things just means I worked hard to obtain them. Hopefully I am but you get what I mean.

It's sad what happening out there. I feel for the girls. They want to play the game they love. The money that is forked out by parents also should equal more of a commitment from clubs to provide quality coaches and programs than we see here in Newcastle now.

KITZ
01-05-2023, 11:54 AM
Thoughts? Im no expert and would never claim to be, just a parent of a couple of wpl players who has been watching them all play since they could kick a ball.

The last few year's i have been noticing myself as well as hearing, and it seems to be quite common and really annoying, that clubs (not all clubs and grades of course) seem to be constantly recruiting coaches that are way too overcommitted or inexperienced or sometimes both.

We need coaches who know their players and what they can do and are fully committed to each and every player in their squad.

Coaches who analyse games and take the time to make decent coaching plans and provide quality feedback and development to each and every player.

Before you say go easy it's a volunteer role... I get that, what I'm saying is don't "volunteer" if you can't have it take over your life. They are out there, I've seen many of them overlooked time and time again for what seems to be the absolute wrong reasons.

A good coach is not a good coach automatically because the forefathers and 6 uncles coached and played at the club.

A good coach is not a coach when they already coach another grade, play themselves and or then coach a senior squad.

A coach is good because they are fully committed to the team they are coaching 100% and the team feels it. Then the results come along with harmony and healthy interactions.

Seems to be so many angry, defensive overcommitted coaches out there in the clubs. It should never be not about lineage or just a licence level or who you know. Not about who pays the sponsorship money or who owns who.

I have a MR licence and First Aid certificate, it doesn't necessarily mean I'm good at those things just means I worked hard to obtain them. Hopefully I am but you get what I mean.

It's sad what happening out there. I feel for the girls. They want to play the game they love. The money that is forked out by parents also should equal more of a commitment from clubs to provide quality coaches and programs than we see here in Newcastle now.

There is not enough coaches, it's a lot of time and money to get the appropriate licence and little to no money in it in the women's / girls comp. If those coaches stepping up didn't there would be no team for the girls to play in.

You seem to have no idea of the landscape of the competition.

There's politics in football, but in the women's space not enough resources to go around.

I'm not even sure how you got to make this post complaining about inexperience to begin with then going on about how they should be doing match analysis and development reports also for free, where does all this magical experience at NPL level come from? Make a claim to not be an expert then criticise everything else without stepping up yourself and learning or offering to help out? Maybe try being a manager one year and offering to back up a coach, go and be on a committee and volunteer hundreds of hours to working on the weekend for nothing or keeping a club growing by getting grants and trying to recruit more volunteers.

Pretty easy to just turn up and sit in the stands and cheer every weekend. Get in and help.

Taffy
01-05-2023, 12:10 PM
There is not enough coaches, it's a lot of time and money to get the appropriate licence and little to no money in it in the women's / girls comp.

Seems to be plenty of money for players though

namwob99
01-05-2023, 01:46 PM
At $1800-2000 per rego for every kid, there's plenty of money to go around!!

IMO
02-05-2023, 07:02 PM
Thankyou for your reply.
Not seeking to offend, though I feel you are deeply offended.

What I said was that I found it was a common complaint/concern that SOME coaches that are in the WPL seem way too overcommitted OR inexperienced OR sometimes both and I honestly wanted to know what people's thoughts were.

It wasn't about my own volunteering experience which actually has been a fair crack over the years. Ive been on several committees, worked long and hard at fund raising, assisted to run a canteen, and other things but I wasn't talking or asking about when
" I stepped up myself and learned and offered to help out"

I've been asked a few times over the years to be a team manager and unfortunately due to competing commitments I had to decline because I couldn't give the time that was needed to do the role properly.
I actually have spent huge amounts of hours working on the weekend for nothing. I have spent much time trying to recruit more volunteers.

I don't take away from any of that whatsoever and clearly you do it all. Thanks for that.

Maybe it's because of those roles that I've heard some of the reasons why coaches are selected or not selected and it seems very unfair.

I wanted to know what other people thought about it.

I felt there was perhaps, maybe a little more choice out there available and experienced coaches willing and hoping to coach and trying to get out of that "stand they just sit and cheer in" and volunteer and offer their own experience and was questioning if others may feel the same.

There is a lot of politics you are right and again like I freely stated, I'm no expert but it seems like there are many cases of free regos, exorbitant player payments and big dollars going to some coaches that could perhaps help with licencing and giving some others who are not so overly committed an opportunity to also do great things.

I think there are probably more amazing coaches out there who might make great assistant coaches even to start with and benefit from mentoring from some of the overcommitted coaches and perhaps take some of that load.

I don't know what the answer is but getting off my lazy ass isn't going to fix it.

I don't agree that there would be no team for the girls to play in, clubs may just have to be a little more flexible when they decide.

My main complaint/concern was about over commitment with too many competing priorities for our coaches OR inexperience OR both.

Magical experience can be mentoring the inexperience. Seen that work a treat. But each on its own doesn't seem to work.

Thank you for all that you do. Just trying to understand and see what others think as it worrys me how many times you hear parents say or of parents saying their kids may not play or may even change from the sport they love as they aren't happy.

JustMe
02-05-2023, 07:43 PM

1st don't apologize. Its a fair question. Youll always have someone offended at every turn on here as theyre invested in many ways.

You'll find many coaches are in house mates of club leaders. Not always but often. Other coaches spruik that theyre the best and bad mouth other coaches. That is the norm. The ego talk is king. There are also many good coaches who know what they're doing but if they havent got a thick skin the inevitable politics will wear them down and theyll leave.

Many coaches at the Jets coach in several areas and have no time for individual kids. Its a joke. But because these coaches earn hardly anything they stretch themselves out. Catch 22 from poor organisation. Plus they are heavily scrutinized to coach a certain way even against their better judgement.

Welcome to football politics. The higher you go the worse it gets.
Thats what ive seen from inside and out from many clubs over many years.

Game Leader
04-05-2023, 01:29 PM
1st don't apologize. Its a fair question. Youll always have someone offended at every turn on here as theyre invested in many ways.

You'll find many coaches are in house mates of club leaders. Not always but often. Other coaches spruik that theyre the best and bad mouth other coaches. That is the norm. The ego talk is king. There are also many good coaches who know what they're doing but if they havent got a thick skin the inevitable politics will wear them down and theyll leave.

Many coaches at the Jets coach in several areas and have no time for individual kids. Its a joke. But because these coaches earn hardly anything they stretch themselves out. Catch 22 from poor organisation. Plus they are heavily scrutinized to coach a certain way even against their better judgement.

Welcome to football politics. The higher you go the worse it gets.
Thats what ive seen from inside and out from many clubs over many years.

Agree, there?s plenty of decent coaches out there with women?s football experience. Lost to the game due to political bs within clubs or just not being one of the mates or a clubs ex or current player.

late_to_the_game
29-05-2023, 07:58 PM
So can New Lambton make the top 4 by the end of the season? The game with Olympic looked pretty even (the parts I watched)

Taffy
01-06-2023, 09:46 AM
It is pleasing to see that Warners Bay have gone from losing with embarrassing results to losing with disappointing results. Last two games they have lost 4-0 both times, against Mid Coast and Maitland. Previously when they played these two teams they lost 8-1 and 19-0 respectively.

New Lambton could only manage 5-0 during Warner's bad spell, might end up being a close game this weekend

Game Leader
01-06-2023, 05:46 PM
New Lambton also didn?t have their stars though did they ? But it is good to see improvement in the results. I?ve heard they?ve picked up a few players, some from New Lambton. Also heard second hand it?s a mess over there, unhappy reserve grade and then their coach has quit in the past few weeks.
The season is getting shorter for the eagles to close the gap on the 4.
What?s happened to Coelho at Olympic? Can?t say I?ve seen her at a game on BarTV.

onlooker
04-06-2023, 03:56 PM
New Lambton also didn?t have their stars though did they ? But it is good to see improvement in the results. I?ve heard they?ve picked up a few players, some from New Lambton. Also heard second hand it?s a mess over there, unhappy reserve grade and then their coach has quit in the past few weeks.
What?s happened to Coelho at Olympic? Can?t say I?ve seen her at a game on BarTV.

Apparently Coelho is away in New Zealand according to my daughter who follows her instagram.

And which coach has quit?

SAPDADDY
05-06-2023, 10:11 AM

Unhappiness is all through the club, apparently if your not in the inner circle of the old WB girls who jumped ship you aren?t looked at or respected by the coach or players. But hay.. they want to buy the trophy so only care is for the ship jumpers.

Taffy
05-06-2023, 10:26 AM
New Lambton could only manage 5-0 during Warner's bad spell, might end up being a close game this weekend

Well I was wrong.

Seems they have spent a lot of money to have won 5 games and lost 6

Undertaker
05-06-2023, 09:35 PM
Well I was wrong.

Seems they have spent a lot of money to have won 5 games and lost 6

Doesn?t help when their 3 main players couldn?t play until a month ago? Since then they have killed it.

Game Leader
05-06-2023, 09:56 PM
Hmmm, killed it is a bit of a stretch. Losses to Maitland, Olympic and Magic since getting their three main players.

Can see them making the 4 though by seasons end. Would be an epic fail if they didn?t.

onlooker
05-06-2023, 10:37 PM
Hmmm, killed it is a bit of a stretch. Losses to Maitland, Olympic and Magic since getting their three main players.

Can see them making the 4 though by seasons end. Would be an epic fail if they didn?t.

Who is missing out from the current top 4 then?

sideline88
06-06-2023, 07:11 AM
Who is missing out from the current top 4 then?

No one, it'll be close but NL will drop points against Magic and Maitland in the next 4 rounds and the top 4 will stay as they are.

Taffy
06-06-2023, 09:56 AM
Doesn?t help when their 3 main players couldn?t play until a month ago? Since then they have killed it.

2 wins and 2 losses is hardly killing it.

Game Leader
06-06-2023, 01:57 PM
My guess, Who ever loses this weekend Eagles vs Olympic doesn?t make the 4.

late_to_the_game
13-06-2023, 03:49 PM
My guess, Who ever loses this weekend Eagles vs Olympic doesn?t make the 4.

So Olympic have beaten them twice now. Maitland beating Magic yesterday so
Magic, Olympic 29 pts
Azzurri 28
Maitland 27
Atown 17
New Lambton 16

13 of 21 games played... Next week is last game of round 2.
Still possible but 11 points is a big gap..
The finals are going to be awesome!

late_to_the_game
25-06-2023, 10:32 PM
So magic 4 - new lambton 2.
Does this mark the end of New Lambtons finals hopes?

SAPDADDY
26-06-2023, 10:31 AM
So magic 4 - new lambton 2.
Does this mark the end of New Lambtons finals hopes?

I say yes, top four has been decided. Olympic may well get the shot at the title this season

What a flop a league new lambton where... maybe money can?t buy another trophy?

Taffy
26-06-2023, 10:39 AM
Imagine spending all that money to finish 5th

Game Leader
27-06-2023, 07:52 PM
Where do the big names go next ?
Can?t see New Lambton spending the money again to only put themselves in the same situation next year.
Warners Bay have EOI?s out for 2024 already, Is this normal this early on ?

onlooker
03-07-2023, 11:06 AM
Charlestown giving it a red hot crack to drop out of the finals, they have been on a horrible run of late.

onlooker
10-07-2023, 08:05 AM
Great to see so many youth players given the chance to play over the weekend in the state cup, mixed in with a good amount of seniors. Maitland even used one of their U/17?s in the semis and Final, both games going into the back line at 1-0 up with the opposition coming at them, so not just token minutes.

SAPDADDY
17-07-2023, 10:42 AM
After the weekend results, top 4 decided?

Taffy
17-07-2023, 11:22 AM
Pretty much, Azzurri just need to beat Mid Coast or Adamstown and get a draw with the other and it will all be over. A lot of money spent to finish 5th

Game Leader
17-07-2023, 01:59 PM
Big Failure for the Eagles. I?d say all the girls will head over to Hamilton next with the ex coach there ?

late_to_the_game
21-07-2023, 12:03 AM
Big Failure for the Eagles. I?d say all the girls will head over to Hamilton next with the ex coach there ?
Olympic don't need them......why would you pay extras?

Oldjaffa
30-07-2023, 09:27 PM
I was disturbed by the conversation taking place in Alder Park BC after the game today questioning the red card. The Olympic player was obviously hurt, tried to play on but was unable to. The comments seemed to infer that the player was faking injury. Having seen the tackle again I'm not sure New Lambton have any right to question the decision. Not too often you see a straight red in this comp but it was definitely warranted in this case. Hopefully the player is ok.

SAPDADDY
31-07-2023, 11:14 AM
I was disturbed by the conversation taking place in Alder Park BC after the game today questioning the red card. The Olympic player was obviously hurt, tried to play on but was unable to. The comments seemed to infer that the player was faking injury. Having seen the tackle again I'm not sure New Lambton have any right to question the decision. Not too often you see a straight red in this comp but it was definitely warranted in this case. Hopefully the player is ok.

Also should be noted that not one single new Lambton player checked on the hurt Olympic player whilst she was on the ground for a number of minutes. These girls think they are the leaders of the game in our region.. not the way for a ?leader? to act.

late_to_the_game
31-07-2023, 02:19 PM
Also should be noted that not one single new Lambton player checked on the hurt Olympic player whilst she was on the ground for a number of minutes. These girls think they are the leaders of the game in our region.. not the way for a ?leader? to act.

Watched the incident on BarTV, my daughters first comment was that no one from NL checked on the downed player. That was a straight red.

Taffy
04-08-2023, 09:45 AM
Any truth to the rumour that Warners Bay WPL team are moving to Edgeworth from next year?

late_to_the_game
11-08-2023, 10:30 PM
Any truth to the rumour that Warners Bay WPL team are moving to Edgeworth from next year?

No. I know lots of clubs would like to take over their program.

northern_swan
11-08-2023, 11:48 PM
No. I know lots of clubs would like to take over their program.

Ive been told by different “people in the know” that they’re going to Edgeworth, Lakes & Valentine (in no particular order).

Nice to be wanted ��

namwob99
12-08-2023, 11:00 AM
Nice to be wanted

Of course, there's money to be made.

onlooker
15-08-2023, 08:16 AM
So last round this weekend, how long after that do we think it will be before Warner?s Bay will be announced as changing to one of the 3 suitor clubs?

I?ll also be interested to see what Adamstown will do differently now that Ryan has no official direct role ( no doubt will have some sort of input) because they really tailed off badly.

Would be nice to have 6/7 competitive teams next year rather then just the 4/5 like this year.

Taffy
15-08-2023, 09:25 AM
Will New Lambton be happy to spend that amount of money again to come in 5th

matjpacker
15-08-2023, 02:37 PM
How much did we spend at New Lambton? I?ve heard some interesting numbers, most were around 100k but I?ve heard as high as 120k.

Whilst we didn?t make finals, the program has achieved all the goals the Club set off the pitch, so we?re happy from that aspect.

late_to_the_game
16-08-2023, 11:10 PM
Ive been told by different ?people in the know? that they?re going to Edgeworth, Lakes & Valentine (in no particular order).

Nice to be wanted ��

Add Cooks Hill to that list!

late_to_the_game
16-08-2023, 11:12 PM
Of course, there's money to be made.

You are delusional.

Game Leader
18-08-2023, 09:13 PM
It has to be just a matter of time though. No big name players there to attract the sponsorship money. Surely there is a list of npl clubs lining up to take over their licence. But are Bay willing to give it up ?

I know nothing
18-08-2023, 11:52 PM
Everyone always willing to jump to conclusions. One bad year and everyone is thinking they are going elsewhere. Who knows who they may sign for next year. Surly they have some money behind them now considering possibly not paying anyone for this season? Has anyone ever wondered why warners bay didn’t fight harder to keep the first grade girls from last year there?? Going off what’s happening at New Lambton this year I think we all know why they just let them all walk away.
While it’s a shame to go from first to last the girls at warners bay this year were always the nicest group of girls when we played them!

Game Leader
21-08-2023, 06:41 PM
Would it help attract players though being associated with a NPL club ? Seemed to help Wallsend and South Wallsend handing over their licenses. Now those two clubs have been the strongest in the comp since doing so.

Who goes on to claim the Major premiership from here in the grades ?
Charlestown and Olympic having multiple teams in the finals.

sideline88
22-08-2023, 07:38 AM
Who goes on to claim the Major premiership from here in the grades ?
Charlestown and Olympic having multiple teams in the finals.

Should be a great finals series the last round of games has been good to see a few pre-grand final match ups across various grades.

13s Adamstown
15s Adamstown
17s Olympic
Res Olympic
1st Magic

Taffy
22-08-2023, 10:11 AM
Would it help attract players though being associated with a NPL club ? Seemed to help Wallsend and South Wallsend handing over their licenses. Now those two clubs have been the strongest in the comp since doing so.

They were forced though, Northern required all teams to be playing at NPL standard grounds and facilities so they could rename it to the WNPL

late_to_the_game
11-09-2023, 01:49 AM
Grand final was a fun game to watch.
The attendance was 2100 if I heard right, which I think was the same as the men on Sat night?
I could be wrong ;-) Please correct me if so...

Taffy
11-09-2023, 10:20 AM
Well done to Magic for getting the job done

JustMe
12-09-2023, 07:08 PM
Grand final was a fun game to watch.
The attendance was 2100 if I heard right, which I think was the same as the men on Sat night?
I could be wrong ;-) Please correct me if so...

Most there for mad sundays and hijinx, friends and families. Nothing fantastic

Stanley
13-09-2023, 01:46 AM
Most there for mad sundays and hijinx, friends and families. Nothing fantastic

Give the women’s game more credit, was a great game, full of excitement and a couple of fantastic goals. Well done to both teams.

Alton
13-09-2023, 03:08 PM
Give the women?s game more credit, was a great game, full of excitement and a couple of fantastic goals. Well done to both teams.

You had a big weekend Stan attending both GF?s

Stanley
13-09-2023, 08:16 PM
You had a big weekend Stan attending both GF?s

Can’t wait for ZPL GF

late_to_the_game
19-09-2023, 09:39 PM
Can’t wait for ZPL GF

Interestingly the next evolution for Womens football in the Newcastle area should be for a 1st + Res ZPL comp.

3 Clubs with 2 teams A grade this year (Cookers, Mayfield and Uni). Just need another 3 clubs for this to be viable.... Merewether is keen to be one of the 3 (we had one A grade team this year)

Taffy
20-09-2023, 11:11 AM
Interestingly the next evolution for Womens football in the Newcastle area should be for a 1st + Res ZPL comp.

3 Clubs with 2 teams A grade this year (Cookers, Mayfield and Uni). Just need another 3 clubs for this to be viable.... Merewether is keen to be one of the 3 (we had one A grade team this year)

That would be good actually and then after a couple years introduce promotion and relegation to it as well.

SAPDADDY
23-09-2023, 06:53 PM
New lambton in another rebuild year. All coaches gone including the first grade coach with the boot out the door for the second time?

onlooker
24-09-2023, 11:13 AM
New lambton in another rebuild year. All coaches gone including the first grade coach with the boot out the door for the second time?

Rumour has it the first grade coach is going back to the women?s Jets academy to coach a team. I know coaches with the right qualifications and time to do morning training are limited but if true it?s another backward step.

onlooker
24-09-2023, 11:28 AM
Magic appoint new head coach, Nima Nikfarjam, former 1st grade assistant to Keelan Hamilton in Maitland?s first season. Look forward to seeing how he goes with Magic and how he transitions back into the women?s game after two years on the men?s side.

SAPDADDY
24-09-2023, 01:44 PM
Rumour has it the first grade coach is going back to the women?s Jets academy to coach a team. I know coaches with the right qualifications and time to do morning training are limited but if true it?s another backward step.

Everyone needs a new job after they get the sack lol

matjpacker
25-09-2023, 09:00 AM

The coach in question has begun an education degree, along with having a full time job, along with having a young family, can?t blame the guy for wanting some of his time back.

His assistant coach is moving across to our mens program. The reserve grade coach was a mid-season temporary appointment.

The rumour mill wasnt quite right again.

Game Leader
30-09-2023, 05:22 PM
That old chestnut. I heard rumours the girls wanted him gone not long after mid season. Who takes over ? Who takes Olympic also ?

onlooker
30-09-2023, 08:42 PM
That old chestnut. I heard rumours the girls wanted him gone not long after mid season. Who takes over ? Who takes Olympic also ?

My guess would be Craig Atkins to take over at Olympic.

SAPDADDY
02-10-2023, 06:10 PM
The coach in question has begun an education degree, along with having a full time job, along with having a young family, can?t blame the guy for wanting some of his time back.

His assistant coach is moving across to our mens program. The reserve grade coach was a mid-season temporary appointment.

How many coaches are staying on this season from last?

matjpacker
04-10-2023, 11:37 AM
3 coaches were retained from this season. Some have moved on for their own reasons, others were let go.

onlooker
01-11-2023, 07:25 AM

Chalk one up for the rumour mill, it got this one spot on..