View Full Version : 2023 Northern League One

Pages : [1] 2

Yesk21
30-11-2022, 09:19 AM
Predictions- this competition to bust after this year

Goatscheese
30-11-2022, 04:23 PM
Predictions- this competition to bust after this year

Why are zone people so negative? Jealousy? Tall Poppy Syndrome? Both?

The Hacker
30-11-2022, 04:32 PM
Why are zone people so negative? Jealousy? Tall Poppy Syndrome? Both?

😂😂. Take New Lambton out and if ZPL came up I d say only Belswans could make the semis on what was dished up last year

Goatscheese
30-11-2022, 04:47 PM
😂😂. Take New Lambton out and if ZPL came up I d say only Belswans could make the semis on what was dished up last year

People like to make that claim but no club has the balls to prove it

Zonal Marking
30-11-2022, 05:49 PM

They don’t need ‘the balls to do it’ as you so eloquently put it.

The constant FFA cup results where the ZPL teams regularly prevail over their league 1 opponents is surely sufficient enough to support these claims.

Even more impressive that these results occur despite the fact the ZPL teams are still in their pre season while NL1 is fully up and running.

Goatscheese
30-11-2022, 09:55 PM
They don’t need ‘the balls to do it’ as you so eloquently put it.

The constant FFA cup results where the ZPL teams regularly prevail over their league 1 opponents is surely sufficient enough to support these claims.

Even more impressive that these results occur despite the fact the ZPL teams are still in their pre season while NL1 is fully up and running.

One game does not a season make. Plenty of examples where teams from the 3rd-5th divisions in England have beaten top 4 sides in cup games. Doesn't mean the likes of Exeter or Burton (to name a couple) would be good enough to win the league.

The Hacker
01-12-2022, 02:38 AM
One game does not a season make. Plenty of examples where teams from the 3rd-5th divisions in England have beaten top 4 sides in cup games. Doesn't mean the likes of Exeter or Burton (to name a couple) would be good enough to win the league.

The difference is in England you may get one result like that a year at best if lucky. Last year ZPL won 5 of the 7 games where ZPL played NL1 teams

Jardelsimage
01-12-2022, 08:14 AM

sorry Goats, the need to be run by Eland and his cronies is the major factor, plus the fee's are too high, get treated like shit being the lowest rung in the NNSWF ladder.

Been there, done that with northern, wasn't a good experience then and shit hasn't changed (probably worse)

The balls needed are from the NL1 sides to abandon the comp and apply for ZPL comps.

cheers

Goatscheese
01-12-2022, 08:46 AM
The difference is in England you may get one result like that a year at best if lucky. Last year ZPL won 5 of the 7 games where ZPL played NL1 teams

On no you definitely get upsets when teams in the lower leagues are around as well. But again one game does not win a season, particularly if that game is a mean nothing game (it really does no team including NPL will ever get close to the final)

Goatscheese
01-12-2022, 08:49 AM
Anyway enough of the jealousy from ZPL my predictions after 24 games.

Belmont Swansea
Tornoto
Kahbiah
Singleton
Thornton
South Cardiff
West Wallsend
Cessnock
Wallsend

Yesk21
02-12-2022, 06:23 AM

Belmont Swansea
Tornoto
Kahbiah
Singleton
Thornton
South Cardiff
West Wallsend
Cessnock
Wallsend

Belswans
Toronto
Westy
Kahibah
Thornton
Singo
Southy
Wallsend
Cessnock

W8 WATCHER
02-12-2022, 08:48 AM
Belswans
Toronto
Westy
Kahibah
Thornton
Singo
Southy
Wallsend
Cessnock

has Toronto bolstered their squad for next year? with the 2nd spot predictions.

Belswans

Singo
Kahibah
Thornton
Toronto
Southy
Westy
Mayfield
Cessnock
Wallsend

Goatscheese
02-12-2022, 09:42 AM

Belswans

Singo
Kahibah
Thornton
Toronto
Southy
Westy
Mayfield
Cessnock
Wallsend

Haha Mayfield, the senior club should be moving up, not to mention a large untapped base to enter the YPL as well

Oldy
02-12-2022, 01:48 PM
Is singo fielding a team next year?

Pretty sure their youth is done.

BBscone
05-12-2022, 08:59 PM
Is singo fielding a team next year?

Pretty sure their youth is done.Wallsend Youth unlikely according to a call to arms posted last week. Toronto also?

Captain_Carl
06-12-2022, 06:41 AM
Wallsend Youth unlikely according to a call to arms posted last week. Toronto also?

Wallsend youth are officially gone. I am hearing Toronto are getting close to filling all teams, as are Singleton.

Undertaker
06-12-2022, 04:12 PM
Toronto struggling to get an 18’s after their coach and squad from last season has walked away from the club

W8 WATCHER
07-12-2022, 09:22 AM
Toronto struggling to get an 18’s after their coach and squad from last season has walked away from the club

try marketplace

Goatscheese
07-12-2022, 09:22 AM

I was told by club officials that you were booted.

Undertaker
07-12-2022, 12:28 PM
Dunno who you think this is but I haven’t been apart of the club in years? Just a supporter looking in champ

Yesk21
07-12-2022, 09:20 PM
I was told by club officials that you were booted.
Correct

Captain_Carl
10-12-2022, 12:21 PM
The official draw for 2023 is supposed to be released on Monday. Will the ‘changing of the guard’ at Northern delay this? Will they give clubs like Toronto and Singleton more time/support to help them finalise teams? All will be revealed very soon. Hip hip … hooray!

KITZ
11-12-2022, 08:32 PM
The official draw for 2023 is supposed to be released on Monday. Will the ‘changing of the guard’ at Northern delay this? Will they give clubs like Toronto and Singleton more time/support to help them finalise teams? All will be revealed very soon. Hip hip … hooray!

The organisation doesn’t stop working because the board changes or the ceo resigns. Just like every single other business on the planet.

Hurricane
11-12-2022, 09:53 PM

Npl draw was supposed to be released 9 days ago and still hasn't been sent out

Aegon
11-12-2022, 10:58 PM
The organisation doesn’t stop working because the board changes or the ceo resigns. Just like every single other business on the planet.

Northerns competition administrator and some others also left though.

KITZ
13-12-2022, 09:15 AM
Northerns competition administrator and some others also left though.

which is no different than anyone else who leaves a job? if the draw wasn't finalised enough to be sent out when it was supposed to 9 days ago, someone wasn't doing their job anyway.

Captain_Carl
15-12-2022, 12:05 AM
Unfortunately the youth licence of Toronto Awaba was revoked today. Along with Wallsend being removed, that takes the number of youth clubs in NL1 down to 8.

ForeverRed
15-12-2022, 07:29 AM
Unfortunately the youth licence of Toronto Awaba was revoked today. Along with Wallsend being removed, that takes the number of youth clubs in NL1 down to 8.
Clubs should be removed entirely also

Hunter403
15-12-2022, 07:45 AM

Well, that will make a huge mess of their proposed group system.

Bremsstrahlung
16-12-2022, 08:00 AM
Clubs should be removed entirely also

Think this needs to be addressed moving forward.
Will it be a condition of holding a NPL license?

In an ideal world, players could start in JDL and progress to youth and NPL at a single club.
This may not be suitable and viable for all clubs though. Like Toronto seemingly cannot find players. Is this the clubs fault? Or is it a reflection of the demographic in the area? Most would be off to Edgy or lakes… maybe there just aren’t that many footballers in that area. Should a senior club be punished for not being able to source quality, interested kids? The answer to than kind of dictates where we go to moving forward.

With the proposed decoupling of youth, it’s probably less vital.
But we then run the risk of clubs not fielding teams and ending up with an average competition.

I’d love to see any club be able to enter into JDL or Youth (starting at the bottom) provided they meet some basic criteria.
Let parents and kids decide what they want to do. Do you want to play for a club who has JDL, youth and NPL license. Or do you want to play JDL for a local club, see if kid enjoys it, then worry about youth later etc.

Clubs will realise that it is more viable to have the pathway in place.
In another thread, people whinging clubs have a monopoly on quality. Seems to me the clubs have developed a reputation and there’s a demand to play for certain clubs, based on their success and hard work in developing their pathways.

Goatscheese
16-12-2022, 09:16 AM

It currently is Northern has said that in order to be in NPL you must have all youth.

If the new board keeps that rule by bringing in Promotion and Relegation in 2024 is yet to be seen

Hunter403
16-12-2022, 01:10 PM

In an ideal world, players could start in JDL and progress to youth and NPL at a single club.
This may not be suitable and viable for all clubs though. Like Toronto seemingly cannot find players. Is this the clubs fault? Or is it a reflection of the demographic in the area? Most would be off to Edgy or lakes… maybe there just aren’t that many footballers in that area. Should a senior club be punished for not being able to source quality, interested kids? The answer to than kind of dictates where we go to moving forward.

But we then run the risk of clubs not fielding teams and ending up with an average competition.

I’d love to see any club be able to enter into JDL or Youth (starting at the bottom) provided they meet some basic criteria.
Let parents and kids decide what they want to do. Do you want to play for a club who has JDL, youth and NPL license. Or do you want to play JDL for a local club, see if kid enjoys it, then worry about youth later etc.

In another thread, people whinging clubs have a monopoly on quality. Seems to me the clubs have developed a reputation and there’s a demand to play for certain clubs, based on their success and hard work in developing their pathways.

I'd like to see JDL a requirement of every club in the NPL/NL1 with sufficient players going through it to populate the under 13 squad in the PYL. If that means two JDL teams per club, then so be it. If clubs want to come up from ZPL, then that is the criteria they have to meet. In that way, the top two tier clubs regenerate from (mainly) within. Limit JDL to premier clubs only so community clubs still get a good number of kids.

Additionally, the top two tier clubs should also be required to have pre JDL structures (u6 etc). There are community clubs that generate these age groups then lose kids to the premier clubs as soon as JDL begins, and it breeds resentment that the premier clubs aren't doing their bit.

I'd like to see PYL squads limited to 14 players. If you are short, play younger kids up. Maximise game time and help spread the talent.

Lastly, I'd like to see regulation that prohibits PYL clubs from getting rid of substantial numbers of kids from an underperforming team, but I don't know how it would be enforced. If you thought the kid was good enough, develop him. Too many times over the last few years there have been clubs that dumped half a squad or more because the team was unsuccessful. Some kids develop faster/earlier than others. Do the hard work. It is a development league.

travellingman
16-12-2022, 02:32 PM
I'd like to see JDL a requirement of every club in the NPL/NL1 with sufficient players going through it to populate the under 13 squad in the PYL. If that means two JDL teams per club, then so be it. If clubs want to come up from ZPL, then that is the criteria they have to meet. In that way, the top two tier clubs regenerate from (mainly) within. Limit JDL to premier clubs only so community clubs still get a good number of kids.

Additionally, the top two tier clubs should also be required to have pre JDL structures (u6 etc). There are community clubs that generate these age groups then lose kids to the premier clubs as soon as JDL begins, and it breeds resentment that the premier clubs aren't doing their bit.

I'd like to see PYL squads limited to 14 players. If you are short, play younger kids up. Maximise game time and help spread the talent.

Lastly, I'd like to see regulation that prohibits PYL clubs from getting rid of substantial numbers of kids from an underperforming team, but I don't know how it would be enforced. If you thought the kid was good enough, develop him. Too many times over the last few years there have been clubs that dumped half a squad or more because the team was unsuccessful. Some kids develop faster/earlier than others. Do the hard work. It is a development league.

Why limit JDL just to NPL/NL1 clubs? JDL is development league, and any club should be able to have JDL squads if they choose.
JDL kids pay for the senior players, that's the only reason these clubs are trying to keep the status quo. It brings in huge dollars that they don't have to fundraise for.

1 team per club with promotion/relegation will encourage clubs to develop our kids. Kids will always move from club to club as Mums and Dads have high aspirations and low reality to their kid's ability.
I agree with your comment of limiting squads to 14 players and drawing from the lower age, if the kid is good enough they are old enough.

Goatscheese
16-12-2022, 03:11 PM

Right now only Premier clubs can have JDL teams. To have all require 2 teams per age group will actually take more kids away from community clubs

Won't the community clubs be resentful that they now don't have as many U6 U7 and U8 teams?

Would be difficult to enforce club can say that some kids left on their own. Though it is poor for a club to get rid of whole squads, they need to look at themselves and their coaches as to why an over half a squad isn't good enough

Hunter403
16-12-2022, 05:25 PM
Why limit JDL just to NPL/NL1 clubs? JDL is development league, and any club should be able to have JDL squads if they choose.
JDL kids pay for the senior players, that's the only reason these clubs are trying to keep the status quo. It brings in huge dollars that they don't have to fundraise for.

JDL is expensive even without skimming the top. JDL requires a lot of qualified coaches (that we don't have). Some clubs use the JDL as a cash cow for senior players (the one I am at doesn't because the senior players don't get paid) and some run them at cost. Too many JDL clubs dilutes the talent and to improve you not only need the best coaches, you need the best players competing against each other each week.

Hunter403
16-12-2022, 05:34 PM
Right now only Premier clubs can have JDL teams. To have all require 2 teams per age group will actually take more kids away from community clubs

Won't the community clubs be resentful that they now don't have as many U6 U7 and U8 teams?

Would be difficult to enforce club can say that some kids left on their own. Though it is poor for a club to get rid of whole squads, they need to look at themselves and their coaches as to why an over half a squad isn't good enough

One team or two...enough to populate their 13s squad. Say 14 kids.

I think the community clubs will be less resentful if they didn't have the kids in the first place. Less likely to miss what you never had

It would be bloody hard to enforce and I don't have a solution. Might also stop some clubs trying to pick the best of other club's kids and entice them over if they know they can't drop more than 2 or 3 of their own.

BBscone
17-12-2022, 04:11 PM

In another thread, people whinging clubs have a monopoly on quality. Seems to me the clubs have developed a reputation and there’s a demand to play for certain clubs, based on their success and hard work in developing their pathways.Demographics is the reason for Torontos demise? In a corridor that stretches from the North end of the Central Coast down into Westlakes and the Glendale corridor to Edgeworth and Northlakes? Shared by Toronto, Lakes, Edgey and Westy. Population mega suburbs. Compared to a 8km radius of inner suburban Clubs where Buds, Olympic, Jaffas, New Lambton, Magic, Kahibah, Azzurri and Cooks Hill all share Premier ideals. Toronto have been poorly managed. Wallsend also. Both clubs should be thriving. A two division NPL1 and 2 of 8 teams in each with promotion and relegation is about to be tabled. The strong survive. The rest play Interdistrict.

Jim
17-12-2022, 05:01 PM

Its already screwed. Some clubs have 1 or 2 age 6-8yo teams. Other clubs a suburb over have 8 to 10 teams for each age.
Then we wonder why we cant find a decent draw or equal teams to play.

Two tone
18-12-2022, 02:27 PM
Can community clubs enter the JDL system?
Why canÂ’t a club like Tenambit have JDL teams under the Maitland TD and coaches for direction. The community clubs donÂ’t have the cost of a TD or what ever license coaches they get that information from the sponsor NPL club.
NPL clubs could have one or two community clubs under them. That would keep costs down for community kids more kids playing getting an opportunity. Then NPL clubs would have more kids to look at with out the cost.
ItÂ’s a win win
Community clubs keep their players and can play JDL at a lower cost and NPL clubs have more kids being locked at by the TD.

namwob99
18-12-2022, 02:36 PM
Think you answered your own question here with the 'lower cost' part down the bottom.
These clubs have first grade players to pay mate. 😂

sammydog
18-12-2022, 10:35 PM
Can community clubs enter the JDL system?
Why canÂ’t a club like Tenambit have JDL teams under the Maitland TD and coaches for direction. The community clubs donÂ’t have the cost of a TD or what ever license coaches they get that information from the sponsor NPL club.
NPL clubs could have one or two community clubs under them. That would keep costs down for community kids more kids playing getting an opportunity. Then NPL clubs would have more kids to look at with out the cost.
ItÂ’s a win win
Community clubs keep their players and can play JDL at a lower cost and NPL clubs have more kids being locked at by the TD.

In NNSW no community clubs cant have JDL.

Eastwest
24-12-2022, 04:12 PM
Perfect combination in youth. NIAS combined with Wallsend. Good luck with training.

GO AWAY
10-01-2023, 03:06 PM
Darren Stewart Cup
Saturday January 14
2pm Toronto Awaba v Apia 23s
4pm Broadmeadow v Jets Youth
Lyall Peacock
Gold coin donation to Beyond Blue

Yesk21
31-01-2023, 11:06 AM
Been any trial game results?

The Hacker
01-02-2023, 08:53 AM
Been any trial game results?

Cessnock beat by ZL1 Croatia. Looks like this comp will be strong again 👎🏼

Football lover
01-02-2023, 11:18 PM
Cessnock beat by ZL1 Croatia. Looks like this comp will be strong again 👎🏼

Fin cairney cup is on at west Wallsend on Saturday 11-1245-230 games are playing in memory of Fin cairney who sadly is no longer with us. Johnston park get down and honour the man canteen open and beer shed will be in full flow.

Lord Elland
05-02-2023, 11:08 PM
South Cardiff are quietly recruiting well, with NL gone and Belswans now the cream of the crop looks like their could be a good fight between a handful of teams to be best of the rest

GO AWAY
05-02-2023, 11:23 PM
South Cardiff are quietly recruiting well, with NL gone and Belswans now the cream of the crop looks like their could be a good fight between a handful of teams to be best of the rest

Thanks Dave

Toronto Awaba 12 Cardiff 2
Toronto Awaba 7 Cardiff 1

ForeverRed
06-02-2023, 12:00 PM
Thanks Dave

Toronto Awaba 12 Cardiff 2
Toronto Awaba 7 Cardiff 1

Different Cardiff

VelkiKurac
07-02-2023, 10:14 PM
Croatia looking for a trial this weekend. Any clubs interested please email
croatianewcastlefc@gmail.com

GO AWAY
10-02-2023, 09:26 AM
Toronto Awaba v Kahibah
6pm Sunday
Lyall peacock

Hunter403
10-02-2023, 01:37 PM
Busy weekend for Kahibah as they play Adamstown tonight

VelkiKurac
10-02-2023, 03:17 PM
Busy weekend for Kahibah as they play Adamstown tonight

Where at and kick off times ?

Hunter403
10-02-2023, 04:00 PM
Where at and kick off times ?

6pm for ressies. first grade after, so about 8. At Adamstown

First hit out for Kahibah.

VelkiKurac
10-02-2023, 04:04 PM

Thanks

The Hacker
10-02-2023, 04:12 PM

Surely not their first hit out. Doesn’t the comp start in 2 weeks

Hunter403
11-02-2023, 08:24 AM
Surely not their first hit out. Doesn’t the comp start in 2 weeks

Yes, first game.

Ressies 1 all, but Kahibah would have won in a canter if they had taken half the chances they created.
First Grade 1 -0 to Kahibah. Probably a fair result. Limited chances at both ends.

Special thanks to NNSW for refusing to supply referees.

Bremsstrahlung
11-02-2023, 01:20 PM
Refusing or unable?

Two tone
11-02-2023, 06:19 PM
CHUFC v BelSwans
Talk to me bro cup
Res 8v1
1st 3v0

Hunter403
11-02-2023, 07:52 PM
Refusing or unable?

Refused. They were available. Paperwork submitted a little late

outsider
11-02-2023, 10:04 PM

maybe someone should do their job and get the paperwork in time

outsider
11-02-2023, 10:06 PM

Someone needs to do their job properly and get their paper work in time.Referees have lives and cant just turn up without notice

finzee
12-02-2023, 10:19 AM
Referees have lives

hmmm nah. They wouldnt be a ref if they did, they'd be on ibiza tearin it up

GO AWAY
13-02-2023, 09:11 AM
Toronto Awaba v Kahibah
Reserves 1-0
Firsts 4-4

Yesk21
21-02-2023, 10:20 AM
Round 1 predictions?

Hunter403
21-02-2023, 11:13 AM
Round 1 predictions?

or hopes and dreams...

GO AWAY
21-02-2023, 11:24 AM
Thornton 2 southy 2
Awaba 2 westy 1
Belswans 3 Kahibah 1
CEssnock 0 singo 4

Hunter403
21-02-2023, 12:51 PM
Thornton 0 Southy 1
Awaba 2 Westy 1
Belswans 1 Kahibah 2
Cessnock 0 Singleton 1

The Hacker
21-02-2023, 01:19 PM
How have Wallsend gone in trials

Hunter403
25-02-2023, 08:34 AM
Season started last night with Thornton vs Southy.
Any results??

ForeverRed
25-02-2023, 10:44 AM
Season started last night with Thornton vs Southy.
Any results??
5 nil gunners in first grade
4.1 gunners reserve grade

Yesk21
25-02-2023, 01:15 PM
5 nil gunners in first grade
4.1 gunners reserve grade

Southy too good or Thornton ordinary? Or both

The Hacker
25-02-2023, 02:14 PM
Southy too good or Thornton ordinary? Or both

Southy will challenge for the top this year

GO AWAY
25-02-2023, 06:32 PM
Toronto Awaba 2 West Wallsend 1

Yesk21
01-03-2023, 01:56 PM
Singo 4-1
Westy 3-3 kahibah
Belswans 3-1
Stags 3-2

GO AWAY
05-03-2023, 08:20 PM
Toronto Awaba 4 CEssnock 1
Toronto Awaba 3 CEssnock 1 ( res )

Taffy
06-03-2023, 09:53 AM
Belswans only managed a 3-3 draw with Wallsend

GO AWAY
09-03-2023, 07:42 AM
Who is running the stats and pointscore / website at NNSW. The write ups are woeful, getting players names wrong, scores wrong, etc etc Josh Carroll was awarded a goal as Josh Farrell, stags score was 4-1 v CEssnock, website has it as 4-2 …. ( can make a difference at the end of the day ) as it is would mean stags are on top of comp, not singleton. They have our reserve grade score correct with a 3-1 win but we are still on zero in the pointscore. My observations are mainly based on stags errors, god knows what else is wrong in it all. Also you can’t access the goals orers tally because it says something like admin had not enabled public viewing ? What a shit show.

Taffy
09-03-2023, 09:49 AM
stags score was 4-1 v CEssnock, website has it as 4-2 …. ( can make a difference at the end of the day )

If it is incorrect surely Cessnock will notify Northern to have it corrected

Aegon
09-03-2023, 10:51 AM
The squadi app/site is a big steaming pile of shit.

W8 WATCHER
09-03-2023, 12:10 PM
Sth Cardiff 2 v Stags 1
Kah 0 v Singo 2
Belsw 3 v Cess 1
Westy 2 v Walls 1

BuzzRothfield
09-03-2023, 12:39 PM
Any early predictions for golden boot or player of the year? The big ginger fella from Kahibah has two in two games.

Hurricane
09-03-2023, 01:38 PM
Any early predictions for golden boot or player of the year? The big ginger fella from Kahibah has two in two games.
Purcell from Toronto has 4 goals in two games

GO AWAY
10-03-2023, 11:19 PM
8 goal thriller at Ulinga
Send offs
The lot
Great game, both clubs will be there about
4-4

GO AWAY
11-03-2023, 02:02 AM
And southy scored in the 99th minute ����

Lord Elland
19-03-2023, 01:39 PM
6-3 Win for Southy over Belswans last night sounds like two cracking games in a row for the gunners could be ones to watch this season

GO AWAY
20-03-2023, 09:28 AM
Bit of an upset weekend

Stags 3-3 Thornton
CEssnock 3-1 westy
Southy 6-3 Belswans

Taffy
20-03-2023, 09:38 AM
5-0 for Kahibah over Wallsend too, apparently nil all at half time.

Plenty of goals for everyone

Hunter403
20-03-2023, 01:36 PM
5-0 for Kahibah over Wallsend too, apparently nil all at half time.

Plenty of goals for everyone

7-0 with half time having Kahibah up 1-0. Could easily have been more.

Ressies was the same result

Taffy
20-03-2023, 01:49 PM
Someone must've told me the wrong score. Still a demolition either way

GO AWAY
24-03-2023, 12:46 PM
Toronto 1 Belswans 1
Kahibah 2 Southy 2
Singo 4 Wallsend 1
Thornton 2 cEssnock 0

W8 WATCHER
24-03-2023, 01:39 PM
Toronto 1 Belswans 3
Kahibah 2 Southy 4
Singo 3 Wallsend 1
Thornton 1 cEssnock 2

MCG_1997
24-03-2023, 02:05 PM
Toronto 2 Belswans 2
Kahibah 2 Southy 2
Singo 4 Wallsend 1
Thornton 3 Cessnock 1

Oldy
24-03-2023, 03:19 PM
Toronto YM125s 2 2 Belswans Conundrums
Kahibah whereisit 2 3 Southy flanos
Singo pig shooters 3 1 Wallsend Yesterday hero's
Thornton Laptop stealers 3 1 Cessnock Gentlemen

GO AWAY
25-03-2023, 05:39 PM
Toronto Awaba 3 Belswans 2

Hunter403
25-03-2023, 10:34 PM
Kahibah 4 - Southy 2

Swansong
25-03-2023, 11:02 PM
Heard rufo quit on the spot…. I’m tipping sacked

Hurricane
25-03-2023, 11:47 PM
Heard rufo quit on the spot…. I’m tipping sacked
How many clubs has he quit now ?

GO AWAY
26-03-2023, 12:35 AM
[QUOTE=Swansong;266642]Heard rufo quit on the spot…. I’m tipping sacked[/QUOTE

Get the staff back, heard the same thing, let loose and give out the old “ I quit “
Think all happened just as stags were finishing “ from the hills around awaba “

Good to get points in last second of the game, southy took two off is when they scored in last minute a few weeks ago, so great win by the boys and stags are undefeated after five rounds and top the table, all be it, probably a short stay.

Swansong
26-03-2023, 06:23 PM
Wallsend 1 singleton 9

So much for a tight comp

Hunter403
28-03-2023, 02:30 PM
Wallsend 1 singleton 9

So much for a tight comp

Surprised anyone can play on The Gardens. Really substandard surface. Yeah, I know it is not Wallsend's fault. They need a new home ground.

Alton
29-03-2023, 09:31 AM
Merge with Wallsend Juniors

GO AWAY
29-03-2023, 10:31 PM
Toronto 3 W Bay 2
Dudley 4 Thornton 0

The Hacker
29-03-2023, 11:56 PM
Toronto 3 W Bay 2
Dudley 4 Thornton 0

Ouch Thornton. Good result for The Stag. Much improved this year

GO AWAY
30-03-2023, 12:10 AM
Ouch Thornton. Good result for The Stag. Much improved this year

Stags didn’t play well and to their credit, warners bay played well . Toronto went down to 10 for a fair chunk of second half, so good result in the end

GO AWAY
06-04-2023, 11:13 AM
Toronto 2 Kahibah 0
Westy 2 singo 2
Thornton 3 Wallsend 1
Southy 3 cEssnock 0

Could get all four wrong the closeness of the comp.
Who would have thought Toronto Awaba undefeated so far.

Hunter403
06-04-2023, 12:40 PM
Toronto 2 Kahibah 2
Westy 0 Singo 3
Thornton 3 Wallsend 1
Southy 1 Cessnock 2

GO AWAY
07-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Stags 3-1

The Hacker
07-04-2023, 11:32 AM
Stags 3-1

Made my way up to Kahibah with a few of their old boys who talked up their chances this year. On what I saw last night their only chance is in reggies. Stags moved the ball quicker, looked a step of class above. Kahibah need to look at some of the young kids in Reggies to add some pace and enthusiasm. Kahibah just looked a bit old

GO AWAY
07-04-2023, 12:53 PM
Made my way up to Kahibah with a few of their old boys who talked up their chances this year. On what I saw last night their only chance is in reggies. Stags moved the ball quicker, looked a step of class above. Kahibah need to look at some of the young kids in Reggies to add some pace and enthusiasm. Kahibah just looked a bit old

Not counting drew, Macca and Robbo ….. stags backline are 18/19 yo with a couple of 24yo mixed in so stags are very young.

The Hacker
07-04-2023, 12:58 PM
Not counting drew, Macca and Robbo ….. stags backline are 18/19 yo with a couple of 24yo mixed in so stags are very young.

Stags are backing youth with a mix of good experience leaders snd its paying off. Should set them up for the future

GashArmy
07-04-2023, 02:09 PM
Stags are backing youth with a mix of good experience leaders snd its paying off. Should set them up for the future

Will they have a future with no ability to fill the requirements for the competition?

jessepinkman
08-04-2023, 05:02 PM
Will they have a future with no ability to fill the requirements for the competition?

I foresee a long dynasty??.. in ZPL

GashArmy
08-04-2023, 09:41 PM
Any news on what is happening at southy? The preseason went for 9 months and running out of steam after a few weeks

#mellonfactor

Taffy
12-04-2023, 09:20 AM
Any news on what is happening at southy? The preseason went for 9 months and running out of steam after a few weeks

#mellonfactor

Their preseason started in July 2022? When last year's season was still going?

Alton
12-04-2023, 04:03 PM
They have to be kidding

GO AWAY
12-04-2023, 07:29 PM
I foresee a long dynasty??.. in ZPL

Thanks Carl Barron

Lord Elland
16-04-2023, 12:59 AM
Southy 4-3 Win with 10 men against Singo

GashArmy
16-04-2023, 08:53 PM
Go Away- any scores from Toronto today? Or back to only posting when you have something to chirp about?

GO AWAY
16-04-2023, 09:24 PM
Go Away- any scores from Toronto today? Or back to only posting when you have something to chirp about?
Love a stags loss don’t yas, what big gash wants me to say peoples is stags lost today 4-3 to Wallsend. Good luck to them, showed more want and hunger than Toronto.
Happy big gash ?

GashArmy
16-04-2023, 09:40 PM
Love a stags loss don’t yas, what big gash wants me to say peoples is stags lost today 4-3 to Wallsend. Good luck to them, showed more want and hunger than Toronto.
Happy big gash ?

Thanks for the update, quick to post normally that?s all.

Taffy
17-04-2023, 09:37 AM
Southy 4-3 Win with 10 men against Singo

How long were they without 10 men though and what was the score at the time?

Lord Elland
17-04-2023, 09:47 AM
Played about 35 mins with 10 men, they were down 3-2 at the time

Taffy
17-04-2023, 10:01 AM
Played about 35 mins with 10 men, they were down 3-2 at the time

Impressive to get the win then

Undertaker
18-04-2023, 11:09 PM
Belswans 1-0 Toronto AET

Physical game, not overly entertaining. One of the worst refereeing displays I?ve ever seen in a very long time (both coaches and sets of fans were complaining) a free kick that should have gone Toronto?s way lead to Belswans winner. Looked destined for penalties as no one looked like scoring until the last 5 minutes.

Hurricane
19-04-2023, 11:28 PM
Australia Cup
Cessnock 0 Maitland 6
Westy 0 Jaffas 4
Kahibah 2 Adamstown 3
Singleton 3 Southy 0

GO AWAY
23-04-2023, 10:57 AM
How come the gash hasn’t asked go away how the stags went ?

Hhhmmmmm well they beat Singleton 3-0 in Singleton and are top of the table. For the gashes information incase he was wondering.

GO AWAY
23-04-2023, 10:58 AM

Chirp chirp

GashArmy
23-04-2023, 04:37 PM
How come the gash hasn’t asked go away how the stags went ?

Hhhmmmmm well they beat Singleton 3-0 in Singleton and are top of the table. For the gashes information incase he was wondering.

Great victory! The comp is at your mercy!

Yesk21
28-04-2023, 03:58 PM
Predictions
Cessnock 2-1 singo
Westy 3-3 stags
Belswans 3-0 kahibah
Thornton 2-1 southy

Hunter403
28-04-2023, 04:48 PM
Cessnock 0-2 Singo
Westy 1-3 Stags
Belswans 1-1 Kahibah
Thornton 2-2 Southy

GO AWAY
28-04-2023, 05:02 PM
Necknock 0 singo 1
Bluebells 1 tronno 2
Blacksmiths 3 whitebridge 0
Soufy 1 metford 1

Hunter403
30-04-2023, 06:10 PM
Kahibah vs Belswans
1st 2-0
Res 3-0

GO AWAY
30-04-2023, 06:38 PM
Kahibah vs Belswans
1st 2-0
Res 3-0

Great result

What is the go with West Wallsend seriously …. Only game off in Newcastle, almost would think they had players missing, wish NNSW would crack down on this sort of shit

BP Super Dynamos
30-04-2023, 06:59 PM
Is Wembley not susceptible to wet weather, being in a hole at the bottom of the mountain? I love a good conspiracy theory, but some areas copped a fair downpour last night

The Hacker
30-04-2023, 07:48 PM
Is Wembley not susceptible to wet weather, being in a hole at the bottom of the mountain? I love a good conspiracy theory, but some areas copped a fair downpour last night

Maybe the area. Minmi in ZPL washed out also

SuperFish
30-04-2023, 11:50 PM
So apparently 3 first graders left The Gunners and signed with Westy this week. One of the mums text the coach on behalf of the 3 players. Poor form

GO AWAY
01-05-2023, 08:17 AM
So apparently 3 first graders left The Gunners and signed with Westy this week. One of the mums text the coach on behalf of the 3 players. Poor form

….. and not registered in time to play this weekend ��

The Hacker
01-05-2023, 08:55 AM

Which 3 players. I thought the gunners were building nicely

Taffy
01-05-2023, 09:32 AM
Great result

What is the go with West Wallsend seriously …. Only game off in Newcastle, almost would think they had players missing, wish NNSW would crack down on this sort of shit

Aren't Northern meant to inspect the field before 1st grade games are called off?

Taffy
01-05-2023, 09:34 AM
Which 3 players. I thought the gunners were building nicely

Wouldn't surprise me if they were entitled players who believed they should be in 1st grade and were being dropped to reserves.

But to have your mum message the club is sad.

Yesk21
06-05-2023, 09:02 AM
Singo 4-0 Thornton
Belswans 3-1 Wallsend
Stags 2-0 Cessnock
Kahibah 2-1 westy

GO AWAY
06-05-2023, 11:09 AM
Why would three players jump ship mid season from southy to westy ? Problems at southy ?

Lord Elland
06-05-2023, 12:27 PM
Rumour has it one went and the other two followed because young players were being given opportunities.

Hunter403
06-05-2023, 11:46 PM
Good result for Wallsend today.
Stags roll on

Taffy
08-05-2023, 09:38 AM
Why would three players jump ship mid season from southy to westy ? Problems at southy ?

From what I heard they felt they deserved to start 1st grade and get full minutes and weren't happy that younger players were being given minutes, though these young forwards were actually scoring goals in 1st grade and the ones that left hadn't scored any despite being forwards. Which is probably why they stopped getting as many minutes.

Also heard that one of the player's mums contacted the club to let them know all three were leaving. The other two didn't even contact the club.

GO AWAY
08-05-2023, 01:38 PM
Good result for Wallsend today.
Stags roll on

How goods Wallsend going, good luck to them. Good for the comp. Also Toronto Awaba of course

Yesk21
12-05-2023, 07:09 PM
Predictions
Kahibah 3-1 singo
Swans 4-1 Cessnock
Stags 4-3 southy
Wallsend 2-2 westy

Undertaker
14-05-2023, 07:10 PM
Toronto is taking the piss in this league. 5-1 win over Southy, promote them to NPL and watch how many local jnrs that are from the west side of the lake go back to the club

GO AWAY
14-05-2023, 07:51 PM
Toronto is taking the piss in this league. 5-1 win over Southy, promote them to NPL and watch how many local jnrs that are from the west side of the lake go back to the club

Oh please …. I’m a stag fanatic, but settle Gretyl ….. you are surely after a bite ��

GashArmy
14-05-2023, 10:16 PM

Ventured out to watch the stags today! Great to see them doing well, what ever happened to the 18s coach that was the club icon for a few years?

Local juniors will still demand big wages $$$

GO AWAY
16-05-2023, 02:35 PM
Ventured out to watch the stags today! Great to see them doing well, what ever happened to the 18s coach that was the club icon for a few years?

Local juniors will still demand big wages $$$

He was there. Majority of squad are Toronto juniors all playing as close mates

GO AWAY
25-05-2023, 12:39 AM
Stags 2-1 Thornton
Westy 4-0 cEssnock
Belswans 3-0 Soufy
Kahibah 2-1 Wallsend

No real surprises, but stags were made to work hard,

MCG_1997
26-05-2023, 12:40 PM
Agree with your comment Go Away. Thornton at least deserved 1 point from the game when they hit the post twice.

GO AWAY
27-05-2023, 06:14 PM
Stags 1-0 ressies
Stags 2-0 firsts

V Belswans

MCG_1997
27-05-2023, 07:28 PM
Thornton vs Cessnock
First Grade 3-1 (Half time 0-1)
Reserve 0-1

GashArmy
27-05-2023, 08:21 PM
Stags 1-0 ressies
Stags 2-0 firsts

V Belswans

Ventured out to watch the stags! What a performance.

Belswans and the super coach clueless

The Hacker
27-05-2023, 08:32 PM
Ventured out to watch the stags! What a performance.

Belswans and the super coach clueless

Belswans were very average. They have fallen off a cliff compared to past years. The young kids the Stags have blooded are being rewarded

GO AWAY
27-05-2023, 09:24 PM
Belswans were very average. They have fallen off a cliff compared to past years. The young kids the Stags have blooded are being rewarded

Could be wrong, close to the group, but pretty sure 7/11 are U19 with Purcell and Winslade 24 and Roberts and Olsen 27ish. With the experience of McPherson to come back, they are going well, but a long way to go.

Hunter403
30-05-2023, 04:36 PM
Will be interesting to see if Stafford can turn Belswans around.

MCG_1997
31-05-2023, 11:46 AM
What is everyone's prediction for this round?
Westy 2-2 Singo
Toronto 3-1 Kahibah
Wallsend 1-2 Thornton
Southy 2-3 Cessnock

GashArmy
31-05-2023, 02:07 PM
What is everyone's prediction for this round?
Westy 2-2 Singo
Toronto 3-1 Kahibah
Wallsend 1-2 Thornton
Southy 2-3 Cessnock

Westy 1-1 singo
Toronto 4-1 kahibah
Wallsend 2-2 Thornton
Southy 1-1 Cessnock

Hunter403
01-06-2023, 12:28 PM
Westy 1-2 Singo
Toronto 1-1 Kahibah
Wallsend 2-2 Thornton
Southy 0-1 Cessnock

GO AWAY
01-06-2023, 03:24 PM
Barnsley 2 branxton 0
Tronno 2 whitebridge 1
Maryland 1 metford 3
Soufy 3 Kearsley 0

Undertaker
02-06-2023, 11:25 PM
Westy 3-1
Toronto 3-2
Wallsend 2-0
Southy 1-0
Belswans 0-2 Bye

Mad with football
03-06-2023, 10:07 AM
When did Thornton change coaches? Gary Wand had been there for years-does anybody know what happened there?

Reds Forever
03-06-2023, 12:08 PM
When did Thornton change coaches? Gary Wand had been there for years-does anybody know what happened there?

Local paper reported it a week or two ago. Article said he was stepping away at end of year anyway but felt time was right now as needed new voice and ideas.

GO AWAY
04-06-2023, 11:41 PM
Stags keep finding a way to win. Three starting first graders out and the whole squad keeps digging deep and getting the job done.

SAPDADDY
05-06-2023, 10:13 AM
Local paper reported it a week or two ago. Article said he was stepping away at end of year anyway but felt time was right now as needed new voice and ideas.

Well done to him! Solid gig with no cash to spend.

Hunter403
05-06-2023, 08:34 PM
Stags keep finding a way to win. Three starting first graders out and the whole squad keeps digging deep and getting the job done.

Well done to the stags. Both sides not at full strength but provided an entertaining afternoon. Kahibah dominated the first half and should have had 3 or 4. Stags probably the better in the second and were rescued two very good individual goals.
If these two make the GF, it could be a cracker!

MCG_1997
13-06-2023, 08:41 PM
Next round approaching quick. What's everyone's prediction?

Toronto 4 - 1 Wallsend
Singleton 5 - 2 South Cardiff
West Wallsend 3 - 3 Belmont Swansea
Kahibah 1 - 3 Thornton

GO AWAY
14-06-2023, 01:07 PM
Toronto 3-0
Singo 2-1
Westy 2-0
Kahibah 2-1

Yesk21
14-06-2023, 03:27 PM
Toronto 4-0
Singo 3-1
Westy 5-1
Kahibah 2-1

GO AWAY
15-06-2023, 09:39 AM
Golden boot interesting with young guns and old heads, no names mentioned who’s who ��

Barner 12 (si )
Purcell 10 ( to )
Wilson 8 ( to )
Goodchild 8 ( we )
Roberts 7 ( to )

Taffy
15-06-2023, 09:44 AM
Golden boot interesting with young guns and old heads, no names mentioned who’s who ��

Barner 12 (si )
Purcell 10 ( to )
Wilson 8 ( to )
Goodchild 8 ( we )
Roberts 7 ( to )

There's a further three with 7 as well

Modderno (sc)
Williams (w)
Johnston (cc)

GO AWAY
18-06-2023, 01:52 AM
Stags 7 in front …… massive game v singo next week.

MCG_1997
18-06-2023, 06:27 PM
In an entertaining afternoon at Kahibah Oval, Kahibah got away with a late equaliser (89" minute soft penalty in anyone's opinion).
Both teams had many chances and it was a great game to watch.

Taffy
19-06-2023, 09:51 AM
Stags 7 in front …… massive game v singo next week.

If they can't beat Southy, how they going to beat Stags?

GO AWAY
19-06-2023, 02:48 PM
Same way Wallsend did round 1…. I think anyone can beat anyone on their day. Hopefully a big home crowd will get them home and a ten point lead in the minor premiership.

GO AWAY
21-06-2023, 06:54 PM
Toronto 2-0
Thornton Belswans 1-1
Westy 4 southy 1
CEssnock 2 Wallsend 2

Toronto Awaba are donating gate takings from Saturday v singleton to the Singleton Roosters AFC

MCG_1997
22-06-2023, 10:37 AM
Round 18 Prediction

Toronto 2-2 Singleton
Thornton 3-2 Belswans
Westy 4-2 Southy
Cessnock 3-1 Wallsend

Undertaker
23-06-2023, 12:15 PM
Westy to host the Grand Final? What a joke! Worst ground in the comp by far, imagine if they finish 5th and scrape through finals and get to host a home Grand Final. Good to see Northern is following the APL with stupid Grand Final decisions

Taffy
23-06-2023, 12:16 PM
At least it is going to a club in the comp, normally the game and all the money that comes with hosting finals goes to an NPL ground and club

the-deviant
23-06-2023, 12:26 PM
At least it is going to a club in the comp, normally the game and all the money that comes with hosting finals goes to an NPL ground and club

Agreed 👍

Hunter403
23-06-2023, 01:25 PM
Not a bad choice across all NPL, NL1 and PYL finals. The only disappointment is the PYL group C GF at Weston. All the teams will be NL1 clubs.

Taffy
23-06-2023, 04:56 PM
Not a bad choice across all NPL, NL1 and PYL finals. The only disappointment is the PYL group C GF at Weston. All the teams will be NL1 clubs.

Wonder how many NL1 clubs applied to host it though. Would've been better to go to Singleton, good ground, and not as far as NIAS to travel

MCG_1997
24-06-2023, 12:25 AM
Thornton 2-1 BelSwans.
It was a cold windy night but both team created multiple chances to warm up the spectators.

Yesk21
24-06-2023, 09:45 AM
Thornton 2-1 BelSwans.
It was a cold windy night but both team created multiple chances to warm up the spectators.

Swans free falling

GO AWAY
24-06-2023, 06:34 PM
Stags 4 singo 0

MCG_1997
25-06-2023, 07:02 PM
Final prediction:

With 2/3rd of the season finished and each team played 16 games, what is everyone's final prediction of the table?

1- Toronto
2- Kahibah
3- West Wallsend
4- Singleton
5- Thornton
6- Belmont Swansea
7- Cesscock
8- South Cardiff
9- Wallsend

GO AWAY
25-06-2023, 08:54 PM
Final prediction:

With 2/3rd of the season finished and each team played 16 games, what is everyone's final prediction of the table?

1- Toronto
2- Kahibah
3- West Wallsend
4- Singleton
5- Thornton
6- Belmont Swansea
7- Cesscock
8- South Cardiff
9- Wallsend

Toronto Awaba
West Wallsend
Kahibah
Singleton
South Cardiff
Thornton
Belswans
Cessnock
Wallsend

Go you stags

Yesk21
26-06-2023, 02:25 PM
Final prediction:

1- Toronto
2- Kahibah
3- West Wallsend
4- Singleton
5- Thornton
6- Belmont Swansea
7- Cesscock
8- South Cardiff
9- Wallsend

Toronto
Westy
Kahibah
Singo
Belswans
Southy
Wallsend
Cessnock
Thornton

Yesk21
30-06-2023, 07:43 PM
Thornton 2-2 southy
Cessnock 2-1 singo
Kahibah 4-3 swans
Toronto 3-1 westy

MCG_1997
30-06-2023, 11:54 PM
Thornton already played vs Southy and got a 3-2 win.

Cessnock 1-3 Singo
Kahibah 2-1 Belswans
Toronto 2-2 West Wallsend

GO AWAY
01-07-2023, 01:53 PM
I predict

Thornton 3 southy 2 ��
CEssnock 1 singo 1
Kahibah 2 Belswans 0
Toronto 2 westy 1

Yesk21
02-07-2023, 07:33 PM
Great win for westy today 3-1. Very quality game to watch, think both sides will be there abouts at the end

GO AWAY
02-07-2023, 07:52 PM
Great game, very very physical, whole game had a semi final feel if not bigger. Good goals, good saves, all in scuffles …..

MCG_1997
06-07-2023, 09:57 AM
Round 20 Prediction:
Thornton 2-2 Singleton
Wallsend 1-3 Belswans
Kahibah 1-3 Westy
Cessnock 1-4 Toronto

Yesk21
07-07-2023, 10:42 AM
Round 20 Prediction:
Thornton 2-2 Singleton
Wallsend 1-3 Belswans
Kahibah 1-3 Westy
Cessnock 1-4 Toronto

Thornton 3-2 singo
Wallsend 1-0 belswans
Westy 2-1 kahibah
Toronto 4-0 Cessnock

Hunter403
07-07-2023, 02:50 PM
Thornton 1-0 Singo
Wallsend 1-0 Belswans
Westy 1-2 Kahibah
Toronto 4-0 Cessnock

GO AWAY
09-07-2023, 09:16 PM
Stags doing what they have to….. seven points clear …. Six to go.

MCG_1997
13-07-2023, 08:53 PM
Round 21 prediction:

Singo 1-1 Kahiba
Belswans 2-2 Cesscock
Westy 5-1 Wallsend
Southy 2-4 Toronto
Thornton - Bye

Yesk21
13-07-2023, 09:49 PM
Round 21 prediction:

Singo 1-1 Kahiba
Belswans 2-2 Cesscock
Westy 5-1 Wallsend
Southy 2-4 Toronto
Thornton - Bye

Kahibah 2-1
Belswans 2-0
Westy 4-2
Toronto 3-1

MurderOnZidanesFloor
13-07-2023, 11:22 PM
Singleton 2-1 Kahibah
Belswans 3-1 Cessnock
West Wallsend 3-0 Wallsend
Southy 1-3 Toronto

GO AWAY
14-07-2023, 07:02 AM
Kahibah 1-0
Belswans 2-1
Westy 4-0
Tronno 2-0

Undertaker
16-07-2023, 06:38 PM
2 wins needed before Stags are premiers! How good

GO AWAY
16-07-2023, 06:38 PM
Wow …… Wallsend beating westy at westy on old boys day. Huge result.

JustMe
17-07-2023, 12:08 PM

Belmont Swansea
Tornoto
Kahbiah
Singleton
Thornton
South Cardiff
West Wallsend
Cessnock
Wallsend

Belswans
Toronto
Westy
Kahibah
Thornton
Singo
Southy
Wallsend
Cessnock

Belswans
Singo
Kahibah
Thornton
Toronto
Southy
Westy
Mayfield
Cessnock
Wallsend

everyone seemed to think BS would win. Depends which trophy you think is best i guess. Prem or GF

GO AWAY
19-07-2023, 12:19 PM
Best trophy will be the minor in 2024. Hopefully it ends up a good one this year too ����

ForeverRed
19-07-2023, 04:15 PM
Best trophy will be the minor in 2024. Hopefully it ends up a good one this year too ����
Means nothing without juniors, not sure how northern allow clubs to remain in this competition with out junior programmes

Hunter403
19-07-2023, 07:25 PM
Means nothing without juniors, not sure how northern allow clubs to remain in this competition with out junior programmes

Get used to it. Soon youth will only be required for NPL and NL1 will be open to all.

Taffy
20-07-2023, 09:50 AM
If they want to get promoted they will get youth

Reds Forever
20-07-2023, 10:23 AM
Interesting to see Toronto Awaba have got EOI out for youth. Big task finding 5 teams when starting from scratch.

GO AWAY
20-07-2023, 11:20 AM
Interesting to see Toronto Awaba have got EOI out for youth. Big task finding 5 teams when starting from scratch.

So what would you recommend they do ? To my knowledge they have full JDL teams. Everyone gets on here saying they need youth then bag it because they have EOI out. Their first grade are ten points in front with a team full of Toronto locals and juniors minus Drew Olsen who bleeds gold n blue. Reserves are heading for seven straight.best setup out at Lyall Peacock … maybe youth players seeing there’s an Avenue to a good first grade side will get youth out there.

Reds Forever
20-07-2023, 11:37 AM
Think it's great they have EOI out and looking to have youth teams. Last thing I want to see is club winning promotion but unable to move up due to not having youth teams. It certainly shows they have aspirations to be promoted.

Yesk21
20-07-2023, 03:31 PM
Toronto 3-2 Thornton
Westy 3-1 Cessnock
Belswans 5-0 southy
Kahibah 4-3 Wallsend

GO AWAY
20-07-2023, 07:00 PM
Tronno 4 berro 1
Killy 3 nock 0
Murray’s beach 4 mac fields 0
Redhead 1 Maryland 1

Undertaker
20-07-2023, 08:14 PM
How?s your youth promotion club going? Maybe you guys need to look at first grade and keeping your experienced ones before more leave to Westy. Your youth project will be all for nothing when your first grade gets relegated next year to ZPL

Bremsstrahlung
20-07-2023, 08:41 PM
How?s your youth promotion club going? Maybe you guys need to look at first grade and keeping your experienced ones before more leave to Westy. Your youth project will be all for nothing when your first grade gets relegated next year to ZPL

Who are you talking to?

GO AWAY
21-07-2023, 01:07 AM
Who are you talking to?

I’m guessing BR ��

Undertaker
21-07-2023, 12:30 PM
Who are you talking to?

Reds forever, seems to very chirpy about Toronto when they are winning the league and their side is second last

Taffy
21-07-2023, 12:34 PM
No one is getting relegated to zone next year.

Reds Forever
21-07-2023, 03:21 PM
Reds forever, seems to very chirpy about Toronto when they are winning the league and their side is second last

Getting your reds messed up. Think you mean ForeverRed not Reds Forever as I don't have any connections with league one teams.

MCG_1997
21-07-2023, 10:32 PM
Toronto 2-2 Thornton
Westy 5-0 Cessnock
Belswans 4-2 Southy
Kahiba 2-2 Wallsend

Hunter403
22-07-2023, 07:09 AM
Toronto 3-0 Thornton
Westy 2-0 Cessnock
Belswans 3-0 Southy
Kahiba 2-1 Wallsend

MurderOnZidanesFloor
22-07-2023, 09:20 AM
Toronto 4-1 Thornton
West Wallsend 3-0 Cessnock
Belswans 3-1 South Cardiff
Kahibah 2-2 Wallsend

MCG_1997
22-07-2023, 06:34 PM
An entertaining game in Lyall Peacock Oval.
Thornton leading 1-0 until 28" when they become disorganised and copped 4 goals. Half time 1-4 to Toronto.
In the 2nd half, Thornton tried so hard to come back and was only 1 goal short to equilise the game. They scored 2 in the second half. Final score 3-4 to Toronto. Only 3 points left for Stags to win the minor premiership.

ForeverRed
24-07-2023, 08:29 AM
Good win by the gunners to keep their slim semi final chances alive

Taffy
24-07-2023, 09:41 AM
Good win by the gunners to keep their slim semi final chances alive

I saw on their facebook post a 15 year old in goals and a 16 year old starting? BelSwans are going to need to get better if they want to secure their finals spot and then actually last before the first game if they are being beaten by teenagers.

Hunter403
24-07-2023, 02:01 PM
Yesterday's games at Southy and Kahibah played in really poor conditions. I wouldn't read too much into either result on a day when a slip or the ball holding up in the mud could swing a match

Taffy
24-07-2023, 02:50 PM
Is that how Kahibah managed to get a win?

matmoncrieff
24-07-2023, 03:59 PM
Is that how Kahibah managed to get a win?

100%

GO AWAY
24-07-2023, 07:04 PM
Nothing wrong with conditions at Stag Stadium ☺️

MCG_1997
26-07-2023, 09:56 PM
Round 23 predictions:
Wallsend 1-2 Singleton
Toronto 4-1 Belswans
Kahibah 2-1 Southy
Cessnock 1-3 Thornton

GO AWAY
26-07-2023, 10:12 PM
Round 23 predictions:
Wallsend 1-2 Singleton
Toronto 4-1 Belswans
Kahibah 2-1 Southy
Cessnock 1-3 Thornton

Gladly take that

Wallsend 1 singo 1
Stags 2 Belswans 1
Kahabih 1 southy 2
CEssnock 0 Thornton 2

Hunter403
27-07-2023, 07:59 AM
Wallsend 1-3 Singleton
Toronto 1-2 Belswans
Kahibah 3-0 Southy
Cessnock 1-2 Thornton

Undertaker
27-07-2023, 03:56 PM
Round 23 predictions:
Wallsend 1-2 Singleton
Toronto 4-1 Belswans
Kahibah 2-1 Southy
Cessnock 1-3 Thornton

As much as I want Toronto to win this weekend I just think with Belswans finals on the line, Staff will have them fired up and prepared to win the war. Belswans 3-2 in a thriller but God I hope I?m wrong

MurderOnZidanesFloor
27-07-2023, 06:14 PM
Wallsend 3-2 Singleton
Toronto 3-1 Belswans
Kahibah 2-2 Southy
Cessnock 1-5 Thornton

Yesk21
29-07-2023, 09:05 PM
Singleton 3-1 Wallsend
Toronto 4-2 swans
Kahibah 5-3 southy
Thornton 4-0 cessnock

ForeverRed
30-07-2023, 07:09 PM
Managed to watch a very very young south Cardiff side win 3 nil today against a Kahibah side that had a few experienced players involved, was a pleasure to watch, well done

Undertaker
30-07-2023, 09:03 PM
Managed to watch a very very young south Cardiff side win 3 nil today against a Kahibah side that had a few experienced players involved, was a pleasure to watch, well done

Think a lot of people don?t realise how young Toronto?s squad is? 3-0 win today and champions! Well done to Jazza and the lads

BS detecor
30-07-2023, 09:10 PM

They?ve got the right people involved. Next year will be interesting

Taffy
31-07-2023, 09:42 AM
Think a lot of people don?t realise how young Toronto?s squad is? 3-0 win today and champions! Well done to Jazza and the lads

What's the youngest player in Toronto first grade?

Hunter403
31-07-2023, 09:45 AM

A great result for Southy, but without a doubt the worst game I have watched this year. A really poor match. Both need massive improvement if they want to trouble anyone come finals time.

ForeverRed
31-07-2023, 11:31 AM
A great result for Southy, but without a doubt the worst game I have watched this year. A really poor match. Both need massive improvement if they want to trouble anyone come finals time.
You?re a hard judge, Southy knocked the ball around well in windy conditions, 2 nil at half time and Kahibah tactic was to pump it long using the wind, I got a bit sick watching their keeper pump it up the guts the entire second half

Undertaker
31-07-2023, 12:11 PM
What's the youngest player in Toronto first grade?

17, then if you take out Winslade, Purcell, Olsen, Macca and Roberts the next oldest is 22. There?s also 5-6 17-22 year olds that are the first ones called up from reserve grade.

Taffy
31-07-2023, 12:15 PM
Ah well Southy has even younger than that playing, so they beat you. And now we can go back to talking about South Cardiff and their win over Kahibah rather than the conversation getting highjacked

Undertaker
31-07-2023, 01:38 PM
Ah well Southy has even younger than that playing, so they beat you. And now we can go back to talking about South Cardiff and their win over Kahibah rather than the conversation getting highjacked

Well they didn?t beat them in the season? So you can have your participation award for playing youth and getting no where for it.

Taffy
31-07-2023, 02:00 PM
Well they didn?t beat them in the season? So you can have your participation award for playing youth and getting no where for it.

Well they do, a 15 year old and a 16 year old have been playing first grade so they do have even younger than Toronto. Anyway enough of your nonsense back to the main discussion

Taffy
31-07-2023, 02:02 PM
I did hear about Kahibah getting a red card with a penalty given, heard from my source (Kahibah supporter) that the Southy player tripped over the ball and there was no contact?