06-01-2023, 07:17 PM
Well they're doing better than than the men atm

samcan
02-02-2023, 09:42 PM
Well they're doing better than than the men atm

ffs, stop it with the pandering virtue signaling. Comparison is retarded

furns
02-02-2023, 10:17 PM
ffs, stop it with the pandering virtue signaling. Comparison is retardedit was a tongue-in-cheek comment. No one was comparing anything.
Pull your head in.

Jeterpool
03-02-2023, 08:46 AM
Is anyone surprised Wilson has stepped aside? The team won 7 matches in 41 under her guidance. I for one am not.

I ran into GvE about a year ago when EvE was doing her guest stint and he had some strong opinions about where the team could improve.

Lets see how it goes.

furns
03-02-2023, 10:56 AM
Is anyone surprised Wilson has stepped aside? The team won 7 matches in 41 under her guidance. I for one am not.

I ran into GvE about a year ago when EvE was doing her guest stint and he had some strong opinions about where the team could improve.

Lets see how it goes.
Agree but a shame nonetheless

The Dunster
06-02-2023, 03:43 AM
I thought the team played very well today against Canberra. The effort as there, the passing was better, the movement off the ball, and the defence were much improved. Until Canberra fouled / injured Clough the Jets were well in the game - but with a Jet's player injured Canberra capitalised with two quick goals [still can't work out how Caberra avoided a yellow] and the Jets were chasing a game that with a little luck could have been leading [Goal correctly ruled offside in 1st half - was very close though].

Some good signs I think they will win soon.

Jeterpool
06-02-2023, 10:50 AM
I agree. I thought the first 40 they played well and GvE would have been happy for the half time message to have been about implementing the new message well.

We were much better in midfield and the movement of the team was much improved.

2nd half we seemed to revert to the old ways of playing. We lost the midfield and the protection being offered to the defence. Earlier in the season we were leaking goals but still able to score. Recently the goals have dried up.

3-0 flattered Canberra but they still deserved the points.

Early stages and some "green shoots" but as Dunster said, we will win very soon - focus has to be on Perth. Gary was very vocal all game coaching the team through, something I never actively saw Ash Wilson doing (and I sit behind the bench).

Jeterpool
08-02-2023, 10:20 PM
Massive win today. Massive!

08-02-2023, 11:10 PM
Played some really entertaining football today, Good on em.

The Dunster
09-02-2023, 08:58 AM
Pretty much played the same good quality football they did against Canberra and deserved the win.

The Dunster
12-02-2023, 08:50 PM
3 games in a week and a trip to Perth explain us being two goals down after 43 mins.

Our passing has been absolutely honking. Fatigue looks to be a major factor.

Perth are just playing ugly Perth type football - which has always been effective against GVE.

Aegon
02-03-2023, 11:01 AM
Can someone explain to me why Rhali Dobson is getting smashed for her comment around the puppies should have played rather than the jets girls?

They got hammered 0-6, are sitting 2nd last with a -24 GD & the point Rhali was making was holding the players, coach and competition to a higher standard.

Nothing different to what would have been said about an ALM performance under the same circumstances.

plague
02-03-2023, 11:21 AM
Can someone explain to me why Rhali Dobson is getting smashed for her comment around the puppies should have played rather than the jets girls?

Because animal cruelty is a very serious offence.

Dobson should be ashamed of herself wishing such harm on those adorable puppies by making them wear Jets jerseys.

Hopefully PETA is watching and they get her arrested or something.

The Dunster
04-03-2023, 02:22 PM
Without Hannah Brewer the Jets don't have any organisation at the back or a player that can clean up after the midfield switches off defensively.

Jeterpool
06-03-2023, 05:27 PM

They got hammered 0-6, are sitting 2nd last with a -24 GD & the point Rhali was making was holding the players, coach and competition to a higher standard.

Nothing different to what would have been said about an ALM performance under the same circumstances.

From an amateur podcast, that sort of thing can stand - but from the official podcast of the league who are supposed to be building the brand it's probably not to the standard expected

Couscous
22-03-2023, 02:03 PM
Great news today.

Bremsstrahlung
22-03-2023, 08:44 PM
Congrats cous

northern_swan
22-03-2023, 10:37 PM
Great news today.

Just a steppingstone to the most coveted job in Newcastle Womens football- the AAW/1 job at Dudley

23-03-2023, 12:30 AM
Good one Gary.

But we all know what this means. 6 rounds in next season when AP is still trying to sort out our defence and make sense of his player loan arrangements the club will give him the long overdue ass and Cous will be asked to step up once again.

plague
28-01-2024, 09:16 PM
A great day for equality and women's rights.

Congrats ladies, you stink just as much as the blokes.

plague
28-01-2024, 09:16 PM
Oh shit, forgot to log in as the Member.

Jim
28-01-2024, 10:43 PM
A great day for equality and women's rights.

Congrats ladies, you stink just as much as the blokes.

Oh shit, forgot to log in as the Member.

Another classy sardonic quip. You make the Japanese death march seem preferable.

My2BobsWorth
23-03-2024, 08:15 PM
Well done girls, farken brill

23-03-2024, 08:57 PM
Well done girls, farken brill

This. Shame about the red at the end, Officials should have just gone with yellows all round and left it at that.

Pretty piss weak from Gielnik, Pretty good at the shirt front whilst she was a foot taller that her opponent but as soon as someone came along more her size she went yellow and scurried off. No ticker to finish what she started.

Really enjoyed following the girls progress this season and credit to Cous for starting things off. Some good signings from him this season and shame club is not in a position to tie some down ( not literally ) for next season.

My2BobsWorth
24-03-2024, 03:27 PM
Pity WSW also won, could have been close to finals footy

My2BobsWorth
27-03-2024, 03:06 PM
If Victory lose and the Jets win this weekend they will make the finals

Jeterpool
27-03-2024, 09:14 PM
If Victory lose and the Jets win this weekend they will make the finals

And if WSW lose and we overtake their goal difference we go 5th.

I've watched every match this year - this team deserves a shot at the finals.

Couscous
30-03-2024, 02:03 PM
Surprised by the lack of joy here over an 8-0.

My2BobsWorth
30-03-2024, 05:18 PM
I am joyed Cous, just haven't had time to show it. Just need Sydney to do the right thing and beat Victory

30-03-2024, 05:25 PM
Surprised by the lack of joy here over an 8-0.

Certainly a great result, Ring in keeper had a fine game but what i have enjoyed most is the type of football the girls have been playing.

Credit where its due Cous, Bullshite aside you assembled and kicked off what has been a very enjoyable team to watch play football and as JP stated they certainly deserve Finals football and reckon not too many would want to come up against them in there current form. I hope the club all going well can get most of the girls to return next season. Been great to see some of them rewarded with Rep football and Baumann has been really solid.

My2BobsWorth
31-03-2024, 07:52 PM
Sydney are shit, hope they get knocked out in the first week

My2BobsWorth
01-04-2024, 08:44 AM
Wow, I thought we were out but we're in, go girls

01-04-2024, 01:41 PM
I honestly believe albeit the girls just scraped in but in recent weeks they are definitely the form team at the minute in the run to the finals and certainly playing the most entertaining football of all those teams who made it. Sound at the back and many offensive threats going forward and more importantly girls who can convert half chances. Even many of the bench players have played good game time throughout the season and been good.

A real smokey if they keep there form up.

Couscous
02-04-2024, 10:00 PM
Thank you.