PDA

View Full Version : 2023 Zone League 2

djjones
24-01-2023, 02:57 PM
Les go :thumbsup:

Stopit
27-01-2023, 04:13 PM
With ZPL and ZL1 comps starting 3 weeks earlier than ZL2, are there any ZL2 clubs looking for trial games on either 25th/26th of March or 1st/2nd of April against another ZL2 side?

reddevil17
27-01-2023, 06:28 PM
Any zl2 side want a trial 4/2

VelkiKurac
07-02-2023, 11:49 PM
Croatia looking for a trial this weekend. Any clubs interested please email
croatianewcastlefc@gmail.com

TheDJ
03-03-2023, 11:49 PM
With the draw out now, what has happened to Kahibah Rams?? Their fixtures page says they are in ZL2 but they don't have any fixtures. They were very active in recruitment so i can't imagine they've folded...

anfield
04-03-2023, 01:36 PM
With the draw out now, what has happened to Kahibah Rams?? Their fixtures page says they are in ZL2 but they don't have any fixtures. They were very active in recruitment so i can't imagine they've folded...
They dropped out a few weeks. Apparently some players left to go into the new fm squad which left them short.

VelkiKurac
04-03-2023, 11:22 PM
They dropped out a few weeks. Apparently some players left to go into the new fm squad which left them short.

To many clubs dropping down or out of zone all together lately.

Cowboy Lesnar
04-03-2023, 11:28 PM
the Rams lost all 18 games last season. I say good riddance. Didn't deserve to be in Zone League

anfield
27-03-2023, 11:26 AM
Cardiff Zone League 2 are looking for a goalkeeper. Enquiries can be made through Kieran on 0418453655

namwob99
28-03-2023, 02:01 PM
Anyone still looking for trials? North United have a vacancy, looking at mid next week to get in before Easter and can host.
Flick Nathan a message on 0422704703.

Stopit
04-04-2023, 02:12 PM
Lambton Jaffas Juniors to fly the flag for ZL2 against Valentine in round 4 of the Australia Cup.

Taffy
04-04-2023, 03:04 PM
Lambton Jaffas Juniors to fly the flag for ZL2 against Valentine in round 4 of the Australia Cup.

They hosting or is Valentine?

Stopit
04-04-2023, 03:46 PM
They hosting or is Valentine?

Valentine are the home team, but I believe CB Complex is out of action.

anfield
04-04-2023, 05:54 PM
Valentine are the home team, but I believe CB Complex is out of action.

CB Complex due to be turfed in next week or so depending on the weather, No games on it to around June I'm reliably told.

Taffy
05-04-2023, 09:12 AM
Hunter Sports Centre it is then

northern_swan
05-04-2023, 09:43 AM
CB Complex due to be turfed in next week or so depending on the weather, No games on it to around June I'm reliably told.

If the turf is not yet down, I would think it would be at long odds to be used at all this season.

anfield
05-04-2023, 06:47 PM
If the turf is not yet down, I would think it would be at long odds to be used at all this season.

No turf there day, rain delaying the turf installation.

Bomberboy
16-04-2023, 07:11 PM
Firsts: Medowie 6 - 1 Bellbird
Ressi: Medowie 4 - 0 Bellbird

Thanks to Medowie for hosting on a warm day. They pressed us from the whistle and it was hard to get out of our own end. We went down 3-0 by the half. A bit more of a same in the second half, with a red card not helping us. Their midfield really contained us controlling the play and the defence kept them high and solid. We are a better team then how we played so we will put it down to first game jitters.

In reggies it was similar. Medowie went up 3-0 at the half and both teams coasted in the second half with the hot conditions and the scoreline. They sealed the win with a fourth goal.

All the best to Medowie, they will be a top side this year and we look forward to hosting them in the return match.

anfield
17-04-2023, 03:48 PM
Cardiff v cooks hill
First 2-1 cooks hill
Reserves 5-0 cooks hill

Cooks hill definitely one of the teams to beat this year with obvious ZPL class players. As for Cardiff, decent effort considering we had 10 players, mostly first graders out.

Premy
19-04-2023, 03:01 PM
How did everyone go with getting Ref's last weekend?

With Junior and Social football starting and all but 2 Zone League game day on Saturday this weekend will be a good indication for what the season will look like.

Two tone
21-04-2023, 11:20 AM
Any predictions for the weekend??
My prediction
50% chance of rain with all games being played.

Retro Jet
29-04-2023, 06:22 PM
Cooks Hill V Nelson Bay
Athfield
Res CHU 1 v NB 4 (0-2?)
1st CHU 4 v NB 0 (3-0)

Two tone
30-04-2023, 10:29 AM
Thanks Retro Jet
More results from yesterday, I did get them second hand so could be wrong
Kurri 2 v Barnsley 2
Greta or Branxton 1 v Lambton 1

anfield
15-05-2023, 12:08 AM
Cardiff v southern united
Firsts
cardiff 0 v southern united 2
Southern dominated the game in the first half and had all the play. Cardiff regrouped in the second half and Finished the better of the two teams with a few good chances. But the damage was done in the first half.

Reserves
Cardiff 0 v southern united 3
Good effort by Cardiff, but southern had too much class.

Southern are definitely the team to beat in both grades. They already look hard to beat for the minor premiership. Southern look a club that could easily be in ZPL in a few years.

TheDJ
16-05-2023, 11:25 PM
Barnsley v Cooks Hill

Why do we have no refs????

Res 2-0 CH
a CH team practiced at throwing elbows, particularly to the throat keeping a Barnsley striker stuck to the bench. (He needs to drink some concrete and just play :) )

Firsts
2-1 Barnsley
controversial final whistle coming at the 85th minute, only to be turned over and another 10 played??

what's more controversial is the CH canteen selling soft drink for $4 and still appearing as "Zone Premier League" in the bank statement

Premy
17-05-2023, 05:56 PM
Why do we have no refs????

Because teams insist to play on Saturday despite being told every year that you won't get ref's on Saturday.

Go figure...

sapdad
17-05-2023, 06:59 PM
Because teams insist to play on Saturday despite being told every year that you won't get ref's on Saturday.

Go figure...

When you become a ref you need to nominate either NNSW or one of the 3 zones.If your nominated zone doesnt have work for you there is no alternative for one of the other zones to then offer them work.Fixing that would get a lot more games officiated.

Thomas477
17-05-2023, 09:58 PM
When you become a ref you need to nominate either NNSW or one of the 3 zones.If your nominated zone doesnt have work for you there is no alternative for one of the other zones to then offer them work.Fixing that would get a lot more games officiated.

Funny about that is that the zones don’t supply refs to the zone leagues, that’s NNSW :brrr:

anfield
22-05-2023, 02:04 PM
Lambton v Cardiff
First grade 2-0 Lambton
Reserves 3-1 cardiff

Lambton played well and deserved their win. Cardiff down 10 players unavailable, probably the reason the Reserves got up with a couple of guys doubling up but makes it tougher for firsts.

TheDJ
11-06-2023, 10:41 AM
Barnsley v SUFC
The mighty Barnsley ressies got a minor reward for playing good football all season taking a point from southern in a physical affair (1-1)

Firsts 3-1
This was probably a closer game than the score suggests 0-0 at half despite chances both ways.
Southern broke the deadlock in the 70th sending Barnsleys golden boot off the field in a huff in his first start in striker since his hat trick.
Southern hit again in about the 75th to make it 2-0
However the Barnsley mistake merchant came off the bench flying scoring of a poor play out from the back, slotting in in near stick (2-1) is this SUFCs first goal from open play??!?
A hand ball from the CB I?ve heard described as the ?Rolls-Royce of Zone League? let Southern have a pen at the death with no time to even kickoff.

jessepinkman
12-06-2023, 05:28 PM
Lambton v Cardiff
First grade 2-0 Lambton
Reserves 3-1 cardiff

Lambton played well and deserved their win. Cardiff down 10 players unavailable, probably the reason the Reserves got up with a couple of guys doubling up but makes it tougher for firsts.

mate ive been in the zone leagues for years and lurked this forum, and no matter what club youre with, whenever you lose its always 'dudley/cardiff 7 thousand players unavailable and we all had to play 4 full games with weighted vests on prior to our actual game'

its zone league, everyone has unavailables every weekend :roflz:

anfield
12-06-2023, 06:40 PM
mate ive been in the zone leagues for years and lurked this forum, and no matter what club youre with, whenever you lose its always 'dudley/cardiff 7 thousand players unavailable and we all had to play 4 full games with weighted vests on prior to our actual game'

Looks like the FBI's best are on the case with their best detective work. Some of your best work. Shame your a few weeks late.

For the record we have played poorly for most of the season that is why we are sitting where we are on the ladder. We have lost 6 games and we deserved to loose them all because the other team played better then us. There are the facts mate......

In saying this , in 2 of the fixtures we had double figures of players unavailable. That's over a third of our squad unavailable. Is it an excuse , maybe? Is it frustrating for the group, For sure. I think results and player availability go a little hand in hand. I'm not the only one that has made these 'Excuses' on the forum, but I'm happy for you to keep lurking......

Homer7654
14-06-2023, 12:01 AM

Had a nice chuckle to this. Nonetheless, best wishes to Cardiff in their struggle with players. A good club vibe over there

anfield
14-06-2023, 07:38 AM
Had a nice chuckle to this. Nonetheless, best wishes to Cardiff in their struggle with players. A good club vibe over there

Thanks mate, we actually have plenty of players. In 2 games this year we had more then 10 players out, mostly first graders. That make things extremely difficult.

But that's not the main reason we have only won 2 games. We haven't played well, pretty simple.

jessepinkman
16-06-2023, 04:54 PM
Looks like the FBI's best are on the case with their best detective work. Some of your best work. Shame your a few weeks late.

For the record we have played poorly for most of the season that is why we are sitting where we are on the ladder. We have lost 6 games and we deserved to loose them all because the other team played better then us. There are the facts mate......

In saying this , in 2 of the fixtures we had double figures of players unavailable. That's over a third of our squad unavailable. Is it an excuse , maybe? Is it frustrating for the group, For sure. I think results and player availability go a little hand in hand. I'm not the only one that has made these 'Excuses' on the forum, but I'm happy for you to keep lurking......

its nothing against any of the clubs youve played for, just your specific username, ive just noticed over the years that every loss is followed by the fact you had players out, everyone does every week thats all

anfield
17-06-2023, 01:31 PM
its nothing against any of the clubs youve played for, just your specific username, ive just noticed over the years that every loss is followed by the fact you had players out, everyone does every week thats all

'Every loss' That's a bit off the mark. I call it the way it is, for starters we have a fair few guys from regional nsw that go to the uni. At different times of the year they go home for up to 7 weeks. The last 3 years we have had around 10 players that fit into this category.

Last night's results
Cooks hill v Cardiff
Firsts , cooks hill 3-0
Reserves , Cooks hill 1-0

Cooks hill were impressive in both grades last night. I think they will end up top 3 in both grades.

Charman
19-06-2023, 02:05 PM
'Every loss' That's a bit off the mark. I call it the way it is, for starters we have a fair few guys from regional nsw that go to the uni. At different times of the year they go home for up to 7 weeks. The last 3 years we have had around 10 players that fit into this category.

Last night's results
Cooks hill v Cardiff
Firsts , cooks hill 3-0
Reserves , Cooks hill 1-0

Cooks hill were impressive in both grades last night. I think they will end up top 3 in both grades.

hey mate, did you have a heap of players out? :grin:

jessepinkman
20-06-2023, 03:37 AM
hey mate, did you have a heap of players out? :grin:

You used to be one of them if I remember correctly

anfield
20-06-2023, 10:07 AM
You used to be one of them if I remember correctly

Correct, that's why he is stirring me up 😁

anfield
26-06-2023, 08:52 AM

We had only 16 players available for both grades yesterday. 17 unavailable, I'm not sure everyone would have had similar issues. But I'm not using that as an excuse, haha.

First grade
Nelson Bay 7-2

Reserves Nelson Bay 9-1

Avocadomexican
26-06-2023, 08:50 PM
Southern United dominating as expected. Any other teams that are punching above or below their weight?

anfield
02-07-2023, 07:49 AM

Bellbird v Cardiff

First grade 4-4
Reserves Bellbird won by forfeit

Another week, 19 players unavailable. So we had to forfeit reserve grade. I hope this passes old mates test.

But seriously a crazy game in first grade. Bellbird were up 4-1 with 25 minutes to go when cardiff were reduced to 10 men. Against the odds cardiff stormed home to earn a draw and could have even got a winner.

Bellbird have improved big time this year. Credit to the club and coaches.

TheDJ
10-07-2023, 02:15 PM
Barnsley vs Cardiff

Ressies 4-1
Could have probably been more but it?s a score that moves the bulldogs closer to finals. Are we the most in form team? (Probably not it?s our 3 rd win but momentum baby)

Firsts
3-0
Was 3-0 after about 20 minutes or less. Cardiff could probably remind their keeper he is not playing outfield for a reason and trying to beat Barnsleys golden boot is not his job but free goals is how Barnsleys golden boot builds his tally.

In all truth I respect Cardiff for putting up both squads. They only managed 1 on the bench for ressies and had many backing up for firsts and still only got 2 or 3 on the bench so to hold to 3-0 in firsts is a credit

anfield
10-07-2023, 08:54 PM
Barnsley vs Cardiff

Ressies 4-1
Could have probably been more but it?s a score that moves the bulldogs closer to finals. Are we the most in form team? (Probably not it?s our 3 rd win but momentum baby)

Firsts
3-0
Was 3-0 after about 20 minutes or less. Cardiff could probably remind their keeper he is not playing outfield for a reason and trying to beat Barnsleys golden boot is not his job but free goals is how Barnsleys golden boot builds his tally.

In all truth I respect Cardiff for putting up both squads. They only managed 1 on the bench for ressies and had many backing up for firsts and still only got 2 or 3 on the bench so to hold to 3-0 in firsts is a credit

First grade should have been alot closer. We had 2 starters late to the game, we started with 10 and conceded 2 goals while we played short. The 3rd goal could have easily went the other way.
The second half we played well and created some good chances and could have easily scored 3 or 4.
But credit to Barnsley, if you don't turn up prepared then you get punished.

anfield
16-07-2023, 06:41 PM
Southern v Cardiff
First 3-0 Southern
Reserves 4-1 Southern

Not sure if there has been a more impressive club in the bottom division. Their First grade give you nothing, No weak links.

I'm also hearing Kurri beat Lambton 4-0 today. That results means Southern are promoted with 4 games to play. Congratulations to them , really good on the park but also a really good bunch of guys.

Avocadomexican
13-08-2023, 08:44 PM
Bellbird back to their grubby ways after a player punched a Greta player in the head after a challenge. Congrats on the spoon.
Id be frustrated too if I was from bellbird...

TheDJ
21-08-2023, 12:23 PM
Are we suppose to have 5 team finals?
the NNSW page about promotion and regulation says
" DO WE STILL HAVE FINALS IN ZONE FOOTBALL LEAGUE?
Yes. Zone League One, Two and Three will continue with their five team finals structure for the foreseeable future. "

Which made me think we did have them this year.

Stopit
21-08-2023, 12:31 PM
Are we suppose to have 5 team finals?
the NNSW page about promotion and regulation says
" DO WE STILL HAVE FINALS IN ZONE FOOTBALL LEAGUE?
Yes. Zone League One, Two and Three will continue with their five team finals structure for the foreseeable future. "

Which made me think we did have them this year.

Yeah, it should be 5-team finals series.

TheDJ
21-08-2023, 03:58 PM
Yeah, it should be 5-team finals series.

Yea it?s been fixed up now, when it first released it was only 4 so probably just how GameDay is programmed

anfield
02-09-2023, 03:33 PM
First grade finals are just about to kickoff.

Lambton v Kurri
I'm going to go against their recent clash and tip a Lambton win. But wouldn't be surprised if Kurri win.

Greta vs Nelson Bay
Really tough one to predict. We played at greta 2 weeks ago and the pitch was bumpy and had little grass on it. Nelson Bay pitch is probably the total opposite. I'm going to tip Nelson Bay in an extremely tight one. Again no surprise if Greta get up.

Big surprise of the season was cooks hill missing out in First grade finals. Had some quality in first grade and for mine were a top 3 side. I'm sure a couple of those guys might appear off the bench for their reserve grade side which will make them hard to stop.

Good luck to all involved in the finals.

anfield
09-09-2023, 02:17 PM
0 from 2 last week

Southern specials in firsts vs kurri

Lambton v greta could go either way. On form I will go Greta

Retro Jet
17-09-2023, 03:04 PM
Can anyone confirm (or deny) a rumour I heard that the ZL2 Ressie GF is a 10:15am :shock: KO at Myer Park on Saturday?

Lofty
17-09-2023, 03:56 PM
Can anyone confirm (or deny) a rumour I heard that the ZL2 Ressie GF is a 10:15am :shock: KO at Myer Park on Saturday?

On the website looks like ZL2 is 11am and 1:15pm

Retro Jet
23-09-2023, 05:25 PM
Res
Got there at 1-3. Saw the 4th...gift.
Fire in the hole!!

1st
I left after Southern went 1-0 up.
Keeper looked disappointed with the near post goal.
Well hit tho.
Final score?

Lofty
23-09-2023, 07:20 PM
Res
Got there at 1-3. Saw the 4th...gift.
Fire in the hole!!

1st
I left after Southern went 1-0 up.
Keeper looked disappointed with the near post goal.
Well hit tho.
Final score?

Southern 4-2

anfield
23-09-2023, 09:12 PM
Was 5-2

Aegon
13-11-2023, 12:00 PM
Can anyone confirm the Zone Leagues structure and league format for 2024 before I close this thread and start the 2024 ones?

Jim
19-11-2023, 04:30 PM
Npl, nl1, zl1, zl2, zl3,

The Hacker
19-11-2023, 07:38 PM
Npl, nl1, zl1, zl2, zl3,

Good to see Garden Suburbs coming back. Hopefully some of the good clubmen that left when they dropped out are coming back

riverboy
19-11-2023, 11:07 PM
Good to see Garden Suburbs coming back. Hopefully some of the good clubmen that left when they dropped out are coming back

That would be good. But if I remember correctly their were some major issues between playing group and committee. Maybe they have been resolved

pv4
20-11-2023, 09:28 AM
That would be good. But if I remember correctly their were some major issues between playing group and committee. Maybe they have been resolved

My memory was the playing group WERE the committee. I thought it was juniors vs seniors was the problem.

Not sure what has changed but best of luck to the Burb, they were a great bunch both on and off the field, and it's about time someone stacked reserve grade again.

Taffy
20-11-2023, 10:52 AM
So is it the group that left Garden Suburbs for Cardiff and are now back again?

NUGUNS
20-11-2023, 11:46 AM
I believe it is another young group of player.

Majority of the old squad moved to Cardiff to play ZL2/3 with a few hanging up the boots now.

I would be surprised to see any players return but wouldn't completely rule it out with a few playing over 20 years at the club.

Roundball Enthusiast
30-11-2023, 01:05 PM

Highly unlikely, most will never return while the committee are there. That committee are a group of people who think they're bigger than the club and drove all the long term playing group away to ensure they maintain control.

A warning for any potential players.