PDA

View Full Version : 2023 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

j_tez
02-02-2023, 05:54 PM
Couldn’t see a thread for us pleb footballers this year yet, so here we go

noremac
17-02-2023, 04:22 PM
Hey lads,
Looking for trials potentially next month for lower ranked all-age teams. Mayfield all age. Have to check if we can get the field but we are an AA fri team. Message me here if you are interested & relative level

2ndclasscitizen
24-02-2023, 09:45 AM
Cooks Hill looking for players for our Saturday All Age teams. If you're interested shoot me a DM or come down to training, 630pm Thursdays on National Park No.6.

VelkiKurac
24-02-2023, 12:22 PM
Croatia looking for a trial next week on Tuesday. Hosting at Pasadena 6:30 KO

Friday night all age A grade team.

Please email croatianewcastlefc@gmail.com

VelkiKurac
24-02-2023, 07:08 PM
Croatia looking for a trial next week on Tuesday. Hosting at Pasadena 6:30 KO

Friday night all age A grade team.

Please email croatianewcastlefc@gmail.com

We have found a team, thanks.

Please email Club for other trial dates, cheers

UniMen
09-03-2023, 09:16 AM
Uni Mens Friday A looking for trial game next Friday (March 17) 6:30 kick off, fields booked.

Please contact president.unifc@gmail.com if interested.

Cheers

Cunning stunts
14-03-2023, 04:25 PM
Anyone looking for GK or lower grade field player?

Jardelsimage
14-03-2023, 04:27 PM
Anyone looking for GK or lower grade field player?

Cardiff has openings in AA saturday team, pretty low grade.

noremac
16-03-2023, 09:22 AM
Hey lads, seeking a few more trial games leading up to the season. All age friday team - at the moment can probably host sundays, saturday at a push at mayfield. Pretty low grade, so looking for similar graded team. Cheers

2ndclasscitizen
20-03-2023, 03:11 PM
So how unhappy is everyone with their grading for the season?

yatobs
20-03-2023, 03:46 PM
What’s the chances of someone just posting all of the gradings here so we don’t have to ask individually

2ndclasscitizen
21-03-2023, 09:58 AM
https://i.imgur.com/RNDelo8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/qpBvGS1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/IIcTNIj.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ebERrLi.jpg

boz-monaut
21-03-2023, 05:23 PM
when did Friday All Age get bigger than Saturday All Age?

Taffy
22-03-2023, 09:42 AM

Couple years ago, seems everyone want to play Friday night.

Speaking of which is 2nd class citizen or someone able to post the AAW and O30W gradings?

Charman
22-03-2023, 12:05 PM

Been growing year after year Boz. Also part of the reason we struggle for refs.

Charman
22-03-2023, 12:11 PM
So how unhappy is everyone with their grading for the season?

I'm a bit embarrassed actually. Went from C to J. Yes, we were too high in C but I've never played such a low grade as J in my life.

2ndclasscitizen
22-03-2023, 04:04 PM

Couple years ago, seems everyone want to play Friday night.

Speaking of which is 2nd class citizen or someone able to post the AAW and O30W gradings?

Last year seemed to be a particularly big shift to Friday night.

https://i.imgur.com/s7tR98j.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/x2FFPwW.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/UzEGLja.jpg

Taffy
22-03-2023, 04:31 PM
Thanks

Baldeagle
26-03-2023, 02:36 AM
Any idea when fixtures will go live? We are only 3 weeks out from season start after all.

Taffy
27-03-2023, 09:12 AM
Any idea when fixtures will go live? We are only 3 weeks out from season start after all.

Probably be the week of

anfield
27-03-2023, 11:29 AM
Cardiff Zone League 2 are looking for a goalkeeper. Enquiries can be made through Kieran on 0418453655

gibsonmcqueen
27-03-2023, 11:43 PM

Your answer is in your question, if it's 3 weeks until the season, it's 2 weeks until we get our schedule.

Tough titties to anyone that has Scone in the first week or two.

boz-monaut
28-03-2023, 12:22 PM
Scone aren't in any All Age or 35s comps

Muswellbrook have a few Friday teams though - which is a bit shit if you're travelling from the down south

2ndclasscitizen
28-03-2023, 12:56 PM
Pretty much all of the HV clubs are out of the Saturday comp. Only Largs with 3 teams, Gresford with 2, and Methford, Maitland and Dungog with a team each in the lower grades.

j_tez
29-03-2023, 06:06 PM
Why do they insist on splitting up teams from the same club into different competitions? Bellbird has 2 teams in the bottom 2 grades of Friday all age, surely they'd rather have a game against each other than have to travel into town after work (and save having another team drive out there). Several similar examples of this throughout the draw. Gresford Vacy in A and C grade - just throw them both in B grade and save the hassle.

Taffy
30-03-2023, 09:21 AM
Why do they insist on splitting up teams from the same club into different competitions? Bellbird has 2 teams in the bottom 2 grades of Friday all age, surely they'd rather have a game against each other than have to travel into town after work (and save having another team drive out there). Several similar examples of this throughout the draw. Gresford Vacy in A and C grade - just throw them both in B grade and save the hassle.

These teams may have asked for those grades. That Gresford team in A is very good and would dominate the B grade comp.

Jardelsimage
30-03-2023, 01:05 PM
These teams may have asked for those grades. That Gresford team in A is very good and would dominate the B grade comp.

you have to apply for a grade, that's how it is generally worked out, they don't just pick it out of a hat.(although sometimes we may think they do).

Cunning stunts
11-04-2023, 11:48 AM
Any insight on the draw?

I know 10 days out from the comp starting is way to early for the association :grin:
but was hoping to plan ahead as soon as possible

gibsonmcqueen
11-04-2023, 02:46 PM
Any insight on the draw?

I know 10 days out from the comp starting is way to early for the association :grin:
but was hoping to plan ahead as soon as possible

Can someone with knowledge of how it all works explain why the associations are only able to develop the draws a week before the season? The initial reaction is "their just incompetent, grading has been known for weeks already it and ground availability is known, it shouldn't take that long"; but I'm assuming that this is narrow sighted and that there is actually some real legitimate reason why year after year we're only given a week's notice.

boz-monaut
11-04-2023, 02:55 PM
home fixtures have just been provided to clubs for checking - as in 20 minutes ago

once clubs have done a very quick check, the fixtures will be finalised and distributed

so the fixtures will be up either tonight or tomorrow morning

ranger
11-04-2023, 03:02 PM
My club got home fixtures maybe 2 weeks ago to check. That's Hunter Valley. So it's all different time frames and it's getting all the data together to publish.

northern_swan
11-04-2023, 03:03 PM
Can someone with knowledge of how it all works explain why the associations are only able to develop the draws a week before the season? The initial reaction is "their just incompetent, grading has been known for weeks already it and ground availability is known, it shouldn't take that long"; but I'm assuming that this is narrow sighted and that there is actually some real legitimate reason why year after year we're only given a week's notice.

The short answer is that it would depend on what fixture development program they use. Gameday has one built in, but it is pretty basic. Also clubs would have requests that they would have to go through and they would need to take into consideration availability clashes and/or ensuring there are no time clashes. For a competition of the size of the 3 zones, It would be a very complex process.

boz-monaut
11-04-2023, 03:15 PM
My club got home fixtures maybe 2 weeks ago to check. That's Hunter Valley. So it's all different time frames and it's getting all the data together to publish.

yep, Hunter Valley does the draw - which is why you guys get the grades you ask for and the times you ask for

ranger
11-04-2023, 04:15 PM
I've been doing the grading for my club for over a decade. The only time I think I ever get what I ask for is when I ask specifically for 'A' grade. Plenty of times have I asked for low grades with info to back that request up and all of a sudden end up in A or B.

If my experience with grading and requests was meant to be preferential because it was done by Hunter Valley and they were meant to look after us, I think they missed the memo. I was always under the impression it was done by all the zones together in long drawn out meetings.

boz-monaut
11-04-2023, 08:03 PM
games are online now

Goldeneagle
16-04-2023, 08:54 PM
Scone aren't in any All Age or 35s comps

Muswellbrook have a few Friday teams though - which is a bit shit if you're travelling from the down south

Spare a thought for the guys from Muswellbrook who travel each second week down the Hunter Expressway! That is commitment! If they have an 8pm kickoff away, they'd be lucky to get home before midnight!

Thomas477
16-04-2023, 08:58 PM
Spare a thought for the guys from Muswellbrook who travel each second week down the Hunter Expressway! That is commitment! If they have an 8pm kickoff away, they'd be lucky to get home before midnight!

Nah, it’s all about the inner city teams who, heaven forbid, might have to travel past the railway line.

anfield
17-04-2023, 12:51 AM
Nah, it’s all about the inner city teams who, heaven forbid, might have to travel past the railway line.

Hey mate, judging by a previous post your a keeper? Looking for a game this year?

Jardelsimage
17-04-2023, 06:59 AM
I've been doing the grading for my club for over a decade. The only time I think I ever get what I ask for is when I ask specifically for 'A' grade. Plenty of times have I asked for low grades with info to back that request up and all of a sudden end up in A or B.

If my experience with grading and requests was meant to be preferential because it was done by Hunter Valley and they were meant to look after us, I think they missed the memo. I was always under the impression it was done by all the zones together in long drawn out meetings.

yep, i have been doing my clubs since Noah played also, this year the opposite happened asked for certain grades, all went the other way except for our lowest sat team, older team not real good, i asked for the lowest available, threw us in G.

BP Super Dynamos
22-04-2023, 10:36 PM
0/35's Friday H Grade
Edgeworth v Rutherford
1-0 to the Eagles

Aegon
23-04-2023, 10:01 AM
0/35's Friday H Grade
Edgeworth v Rutherford
1-0 to the Eagles

Great to start the year with a win & hopefully no injuries.

BP Super Dynamos
23-04-2023, 06:31 PM
Great to start the year with a win & hopefully no injuries.

I was on the wrong end of the scoreline, and we played all but 5 minutes of the match with 11 after an early injury. Gotta love being the wrong side of 35

Sliding Scale
25-04-2023, 08:46 AM
I was on the wrong end of the scoreline, and we played all but 5 minutes of the match with 11 after an early injury. Gotta love being the wrong side of 35
Long season ahead for the dragons if you can only get 11 players for round 1.

2ndclasscitizen
25-04-2023, 10:20 AM
Kahibah forfeited round 1 against our D Grade side, not a great start for them either.

Charman
09-05-2023, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the notified forfeit Barnsley.
Thanks for not passing it on Macquarie. It?s not due to the Telstra outage but good try.

2ndclasscitizen
10-05-2023, 05:00 PM
Any one from Bolwarra or Uni able to shed some light on this? Wild result.

https://i.imgur.com/efGdt9O.jpg

UniMen
10-05-2023, 09:03 PM
Any one from Bolwarra or Uni able to shed some light on this? Wild result.

https://i.imgur.com/efGdt9O.jpg

One of our new teams who had never played together before (forfeited Round 1) with only 10 players against a very good young Bolwarra side. Our boys bounced back very well in Round 3 showing it was just a blip

noremac
05-06-2023, 12:11 PM
Lads, what usually happens if a team has fielded players from higher divisions in AA?

northern_swan
05-06-2023, 12:23 PM
Lads, what usually happens if a team has fielded players from higher divisions in AA?

Lodge a dispute & if proven it will be a 0-3 result against the offending team

Bulldogs 1962
05-06-2023, 01:02 PM

It's all age, or a kick about with mates league. So what you do is dont whinge and move on.

Taffy
05-06-2023, 01:09 PM
It's all age, or a kick about with mates league. So what you do is dont whinge and move on.

No it is players cheating in a game. And if it is just a kick about with mates, why do they feel the need to bring in players from higher leagues?

What you do is you lodge a complaint and if proven the score will be changed.

Jardelsimage
05-06-2023, 01:28 PM
No it is players cheating in a game. And if it is just a kick about with mates, why do they feel the need to bring in players from higher leagues?

What you do is you lodge a complaint and if proven the score will be changed.

i agree, cant just bring players from higher down to play lower.
Rules are rules, plus be careful as there are quite a few teams kicked out for doing so...be careful in what you do.

pv4
05-06-2023, 01:31 PM

You talk to them directly before, during, and after and settle it like adults.

You do your best not to just watch on, let it happen, wait to see how the result goes, and then throw the book at them during the week after.

Taffy
05-06-2023, 01:36 PM
If they take the risk that's their problem. That also assumes you know before the match.

Bulldogs 1962
05-06-2023, 02:42 PM
🤣🤣
Cheating🥱🥱 what are they playing for the world cup
If anyone thinks AA is anything other then a kick about with mates, your dreaming.
Just enjoy the challenge and the game with your mate then get on with your life. Anyone who needs to put in a complaint to get the result changed for AA football in Newcastle is playing it for the wrong reason.

Taffy
05-06-2023, 03:34 PM
what are they playing for the world cup
If anyone thinks AA is anything other then a kick about with mates, your dreaming.

These are good questions for those teams that feel they need to bring in players from higher levels.

Just enjoy the challenge and the game with your mate then get on with your life.

Another good statement for those happy to break the rules.

Anyone who needs to put in a complaint to get the result changed for AA football in Newcastle is playing it for the wrong reason.

I feel you're in a team who constantly does this, love to see your reaction when your oppositions decides to ask their mate Boogaard and McBreen to play just for a kick.

2ndclasscitizen
05-06-2023, 04:01 PM
����
Cheating���� what are they playing for the world cup
Just enjoy the challenge and the game with your mate then get on with your life. Anyone who needs to put in a complaint to get the result changed for AA football in Newcastle is playing it for the wrong reason.

There can be wildly disparate skill levels across All Age grades and ring-ins can make a fun competitive kick with your mates in to a miserable experience getting torn apart by players of a much higher skill level. Grading is enough of a crapshoot as it is without teams taking the piss with ring-ins.

Bulldogs 1962
05-06-2023, 04:31 PM
These are good questions for those teams that feel they need to bring in players from higher levels.

Another good statement for those happy to break the rules.

I feel you're in a team who constantly does this, love to see your reaction when your oppositions decides to ask their mate Boogaard and McBreen to play just for a kick.

You would be wrong, don't play any more at all and haven't once kicked a ball in AA in my life. Played zone football for Barnsley for in excess of 15yrs.

Ever thought that this team may have been short, would you rather a forfeit and no game at all.

Taffy
05-06-2023, 04:39 PM
Played zone football for Barnsley for in excess of 15yrs.

Well that explains it all

noremac
07-06-2023, 07:27 AM
Didn't realise this would be such a hot topic.
For those playing at home, the opposition had players on the bench but still ran players from an higher grade.
Club sent an inquiry - found out that 3 players were played from a higher grade and result was changed.

2ndclasscitizen
07-06-2023, 11:20 AM
Didn't realise this would be such a hot topic.
For those playing at home, the opposition had players on the bench but still ran players from an higher grade.
Club sent an inquiry - found out that 3 players were played from a higher grade and result was changed.

They were absolutely taking the piss, happy to hear they've gotten a slap for it.

Avocadomexican
26-06-2023, 08:37 PM
Is there anything worse than playing low grade all age and having guys carry on like a bunch of porkchops? played a couple of sides this year that need to remember its pub footy and to not try and throw handbags every 2nd foul or abuse the shit out of a club ref.

Charman
19-07-2023, 02:37 PM
We've just been notified of a 4th forfeit this season. One team twice and two others once each. Pay a good deal of coin to lose a 1/4 of the season to not play. Pretty ordinary.

Taffy
19-07-2023, 04:42 PM
We've just been notified of a 4th forfeit this season. One team twice and two others once each. Pay a good deal of coin to lose a 1/4 of the season to not play. Pretty ordinary.

Pretty shit, but 9 easy points I guess, help to get into finals.

pv4
19-07-2023, 05:02 PM

As nicely as it can be said - seems to be a response by teams not interested in playing against a team that, for whatever reason or reasons, dropped down too many leagues and probably shouldn't have. Might get more joy with competition, and enjoyment overall, by playing in a more suitable level next season.

anfield
19-07-2023, 08:40 PM
Pretty shit, but 9 easy points I guess, help to get into finals.

12 points

Charman
21-07-2023, 02:27 PM
As nicely as it can be said - seems to be a response by teams not interested in playing against a team that, for whatever reason or reasons, dropped down too many leagues and probably shouldn't have. Might get more joy with competition, and enjoyment overall, by playing in a more suitable level next season.

Not disagreeing with that, we wanted E grade but every time we nominated for E they put us in C where we won 2 games in 2 years. We nominated low thinking they'd push us a few grades above our nomination but this year that didn't happen. Shouldn't nominate, last goes down, 1st goes up. 2-3 seasons and everyone will be pretty much in the right grade. In saying this, we are not leading the comp and I'm not aware of Toronto having 4 forfeits.

Jardelsimage
21-07-2023, 02:40 PM
and another AA side gets booted from the comps, that's 2 sides in 2 weeks.
Ring-in players gets you booted....

Taffy
21-07-2023, 03:25 PM
and another AA side gets booted from the comps, that's 2 sides in 2 weeks.
Ring-in players gets you booted....

Not surprised, always happens. A team our side had, decided to play zone league players in their AA side, beat us convincingly. Told the two guys running the team and who deal with the club to have it reported, but they couldn't be bothered since we can't make finals anyway but it still might mean they make finals because of the win

Jardelsimage
21-07-2023, 04:08 PM
Not surprised, always happens. A team our side had, decided to play zone league players in their AA side, beat us convincingly. Told the two guys running the team and who deal with the club to have it reported, but they couldn't be bothered since we can't make finals anyway but it still might mean they make finals because of the win

that's what one of these has done, played a ZPL 1st grader from another club in a AAF-G side, still got beat though..now they are all gone for 12 months...

evolution
25-07-2023, 08:24 PM
Any info out there on the dates and venues of finals yet?

2ndclasscitizen
26-07-2023, 10:05 AM
Semis - 18-20 August
Prelim - 25-27 August
GF - 1-3 Sept

Venues won't be announced for a while

la bazzle
26-07-2023, 11:33 AM
Have heard some big dramas coming out of Tenambit. Clerical error from an NPL team causing a points loss for a friday night AA team? Crazy if true

Eastwest
01-08-2023, 03:47 PM
Have heard some big dramas coming out of Tenambit. Clerical error from an NPL team causing a points loss for a friday night AA team? Crazy if true

having had 4 x 0-3 losses means pts lost for those 4 games. Wonder why they arent booted?

Taffy
01-08-2023, 03:49 PM
having had 4 x 0-3 losses means pts lost for those 4 games. Wonder why they arent booted?

Was it because of an unregistered player? Could be a suspended player.

la bazzle
02-08-2023, 09:28 AM
Was it because of an unregistered player? Could be a suspended player.

Have heard the players previous club spelt their name wrong (unbeknownst to the player). Then when he left that club was able to sign up, under correctly spelt name, for tenambit without knowing previous club hadn?t deregistered him yet (despite him informing of departure). Potentially the club that can?t spell is in the NPL. Allegedly

Taffy
02-08-2023, 09:40 AM
Surely under a different FFA number as well. Perhaps Hunter Football have been lenient in that it was an NPL club fault and not a player deliberately playing for a team they know they haven't registered for.

la bazzle
02-08-2023, 09:43 AM
Surely under a different FFA number as well. Perhaps Hunter Football have been lenient in that it was an NPL club fault and not a player deliberately playing for a team they know they haven't registered for.

Seems that way. Much easier to quietly strip the points from a bunch of Friday night kick around blokes than look at the NPL error

Taffy
02-08-2023, 09:49 AM
Seems that way. Much easier to quietly strip the points from a bunch of Friday night kick around blokes than look at the NPL error

According to the NPL thread, the NPL club will also have points stripped.

Jardelsimage
02-08-2023, 12:14 PM
Have heard the players previous club spelt their name wrong (unbeknownst to the player). Then when he left that club was able to sign up, under correctly spelt name, for tenambit without knowing previous club hadn?t deregistered him yet (despite him informing of departure). Potentially the club that can?t spell is in the NPL. Allegedly

i have heard the player has previous form from last year, doing a very similar thing.
When you leave a club it is also up to you to start the dereg process.
Your FFA number is generic basically, it will follow you unless you change some details and you have to change a bit to get it through, pretty sure it also flags when clashes arise.

la bazzle
02-08-2023, 01:03 PM
i have heard the player has previous form from last year, doing a very similar thing.
When you leave a club it is also up to you to start the dereg process.
Your FFA number is generic basically, it will follow you unless you change some details and you have to change a bit to get it through, pretty sure it also flags when clashes arise.

Huge if true

Shere Khan
02-08-2023, 07:50 PM
Few things the federations need to tighten up.
Had to move away from Sat 0/35 A grade this year but some of the things going on over the three years I was there are just crazy.
One year three teams from one club were in the comp.
Then it became a small comp because allegedly clubs didnt want to play in it.
This year there?s six sides.
Two new.
So 15 rounds and already there been
4 forfeits for one club.
Do you get a 30% ish repayment.
Feds need to put their foot down on clubs dictating comps.
Even worse in All Age.

2ndclasscitizen
03-08-2023, 04:49 PM
A Grade is always a debacle across all comps, no one ever wants to be in there.

2ndclasscitizen
03-08-2023, 05:18 PM
https://i.imgur.com/uPYaAoR.jpg

Charman
18-08-2023, 11:09 AM
Good luck to all who play finals football this weekend.

2ndclasscitizen
18-08-2023, 12:03 PM
Particularly anyone playing tonight, looks like it's going to be windy and a bit chilly