PDA

View Full Version : Craig Goodwin Fapfest

MFKS
15-10-2012, 12:48 AM
Feel this bloke needs his own thread.

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Craig+Goodwin+League+Rd+2+Sydney+FC+v+Newcastle+h_ 0OAQO4sQJl.jpg

The blonde locks may not of worked for Torres but they sure are working for Goody. If this bloke keeps going and the Socceroos can manage to dig themselves out of the WCQ shit hole they are in then Goody will be in Brasil in 2014.

2 games in for the club and I am gonna lead the petition that this bloke needs a new contract.

Middleby get cracking

Bon
15-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Damn straight..
The bloke has been tearing it up.. Can't rant/rave/fap enough about him.. haha

If he keeps playing the way he is, I'll be very surprised if he is still playing in this country at the end of the year..

stopper2
15-10-2012, 10:28 AM
In a short space of time he has shown that he can score bombs from outside the box on more then one occasion, then on Saturday he chips Necevski with a sublime touch. He is only 20 but he has already shown that he has more weapons in his arsenal than most players in the HAL....can beat players, exquisite first touch, shooting power from distance and composure from in close and accuracy......anything else???

howardyou
15-10-2012, 10:32 AM
He looks a bit like Ellen DeGeneres....

boz-monaut
15-10-2012, 10:36 AM
his little chip over Crazy Ivan was as sexy as his lesbian haircut

Marcus
15-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Damn straight..
The bloke has been tearing it up.. Can't rant/rave/fap enough about him.. haha

If he keeps playing the way he is, I'll be very surprised if he is still playing in this country at the end of the year..

RETAIN - At all costs. Best signing.

Bon
15-10-2012, 10:57 AM
RETAIN - At all costs. Best signing.

This

Jeterpool
15-10-2012, 10:59 AM
how long is his current contract?

MFKS
15-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Believe he signed for 2 years so he is "here" until the end of next season assuming no one comes offering the money. Middleby needs to be opening contract talks today to offer him an upgraded 10 year contract IMHO

If Middleby is doing anything else today other than working on a new deal for Goody (besides negotiating with Shanghai Shenhua for the services of a bloke called Joel Griffiths) he should be ****ing fired for gross incompetence

russjaybee
15-10-2012, 11:37 AM
LOL who were the detractors in the rnd 1 thread? I'm sure some people wrote him off on there.

parksey
15-10-2012, 11:40 AM
I'd be very surprised if he's still here at the end of his current contract. He could be something special.

plague
15-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Just don't let him go to Bayern Munich for a trial.

MFKS
15-10-2012, 11:53 AM
What he has shown in pre season and in the first 2 games makes it absolutely baffling how Adelaide snubbed him as a kid and Melbourne Heart had him and lost him. It wasn't like GVE came knocking for the kid with a huge offer that he couldn't say NO to. The Jets made an offer and got him with ease.

If you were in charge at Heart/Adelaide you would have to be looking at the coaching personnel and asking WTF is going on and how did you guys let this kid slip through the net. If he keeps going we will be picking up a 500k >>> 1million transfer windfall by flogging him off to Europe for basically no effort

la bazzle
15-10-2012, 11:54 AM

Winner

Dogshot99
15-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Yes we'll I was one of the detractors of which you speak. Yes he's had a great game this weekend and I was very impressed with the turn around in his play. Having said that round one wasn't a great game by him from a defensive point of view, which was my criticism. I noticed this week he didn't have as much defending to do. I love a good player like the rest of us so I can't wait to see him carve the filthy gypo scum to pieces this weekend. What a great game it was and totally lived up to the hype. Go jets!!

gd___
15-10-2012, 08:53 PM
.....anything else???
and he can play in defence.

Nelson Bay Road
15-10-2012, 09:02 PM
He was immense... its inevitable he will move onto an overseas club unfortunately

Marcus
16-10-2012, 08:30 AM

*Applause*

Grimario
16-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Having said that round one wasn't a great game by him from a defensive point of view, which was my criticism. I noticed this week he didn't have as much defending to do.

Don't ya hate it when your attacking wide players aren't having a great defensive game? :gent:

MFKS
16-10-2012, 11:00 AM
At the end of the day we could play him at left back left mid or left wing. His defensive qualities aren't why he was signed and why he would be in the team. It is the great engine he has getting up and down the flank all day, taking up the "correct" position for a wide man and what he does with his dribbling and shooting with the ball. His crossing needs some work but that will come with experience and his defensive aspects need to improve and they will also be worked on over time but so what he is an excitement machine. That is why he is playing at the level he does.

On another note do feel the bloke should be protected on Saturday night. GVE should consider dropping him or benching him to prevent some dirty Gypo bastard such as Hutcho going in Muscat style on him cause you can see it happening

Jeterpool
16-10-2012, 11:14 AM
On another note do feel the bloke should be protected on Saturday night. GVE should consider dropping him or benching him to prevent some dirty Gypo bastard such as Hutcho going in Muscat style on him cause you can see it happening

Agree.

Called this in the Rnd 3 thread - not the bench dropping, the hacking.

MFKS
16-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Now benching him or dropping him would obviously be a harsh move after his recent heroics and GVE would be right in the firing line from fans for doing so but a Manager with balls wouldn't have any hesitation in doing it.

GVE does need to protect Goody from the possibility his form may result in him getting a big head, he also needs to protect him and not over burden him as he is a young kid still and he is also gonna need to protect him a bit because him being a gun player won't be a secret any more after Saturday's heroics and opponents will be paying him some closer special attention.

I am though particularly concerned about these dirty Gypo bastards though going the needless and premeditated hack on him and would be in full support of GVE if he benched or dropped him this week

Jeterpool
16-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Now benching him or dropping him would obviously be a harsh move after his recent heroics and GVE would be right in the firing line from fans for doing so but a Manager with balls wouldn't have any hesitation in doing it.

GVE does need to protect Goody from the possibility his form may result in him getting a big head, he also needs to protect him and not over burden him as he is a young kid still and he is also gonna need to protect him a bit because him being a gun player won't be a secret any more after Saturday's heroics and opponents will be paying him some closer special attention.

I am though particularly concerned about these dirty Gypo bastards though going the needless and premeditated hack on him and would be in full support of GVE if he benched or dropped him this week

If we dropped him to protect him, the gypos get the advantage from his absence, effectively weakening us.

Play him but make him aware what could happen and get in the refs ear early.

belchardo
16-10-2012, 12:21 PM
If we dropped him to protect him, the gypos get the advantage from his absence, effectively weakening us.

Play him but make him aware what could happen and get in the refs ear early.

completely agree. and if we want goodwin to grow as a player, he needs to go beyond his comfort zone at times. the ref is there to make sure it doesn't go too far.

the other thing is that if you take him out for this game, what happens when we play Perth (burns) or any other team with a grub in it?

longshot
16-10-2012, 12:48 PM
completely agree. and if we want goodwin to grow as a player, he needs to go beyond his comfort zone at times. the ref is there to make sure it doesn't go too far.

the other thing is that if you take him out for this game, what happens when we play Perth (burns) or any other team with a grub in it?

Goodwin has a very smart football brain I think he may get a bit of attention, but I think he will know how to use it against the gypos.
Would love him to score 1 or 2. Really hope Heskey scores again 2 or 3 would be nice. Then Heskey cam the next week. :-)

seldom
16-10-2012, 12:59 PM
yeah lets rest Goodwin in case he gets hurt...then he can get sledged the rest of his career for being a softcock...FFS

russjaybee
16-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Would you seriously drop Goodwin if it was your choice MFKS? Dropping one of our best (if not our best) players to try and "protect him" in one of the biggest games in the season....

He has to start.

pv4
16-10-2012, 01:36 PM
i dunno about the rest of y'all, but when my team has a good player in it i like for him to play

MFKS
16-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Honestly would not have a problem if GVE put him on the bench this week at all.

I severely doubt Goody would be dropped this week but my comments about dropping him are just dropping him in general not down to form or anything but just too keep him grounded. Probably not gonna do that after 2 weeks of games but if he was to be dropped suddenly say in Rd 6-7 and it wasn't form related I would still support that decision by Jets Management

pv4
16-10-2012, 01:44 PM
i think what you have to remember is our season is bloody short enough as it is. top leagues in europe and such (which goodwin should be looking towards one day) play 2-3 times a week, over a longer season than us.

the kid needs as much exposure to quality play & opposition as he can get at his age if he's going to make it. if he runs himself into the ground in the hal, he was never going to cut it in the big leagues. if he lets it all get to his head, he's no better than kanta and will probably deserve to hover around the hal for his career, and again prove that he's not ready for the big leagues.

la bazzle
16-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Lol bench him in derby cause he might get hurt......gee whizz

Grimario
16-10-2012, 02:06 PM
No, we should bench him because he is good but we don't want him thinking he is good. In fact, isn't the NYL starting up soon? Should stick him in there for a bit so he can get a reality check.

plague
16-10-2012, 02:32 PM
To be fair to the Member though, GVE is probably batshit crazy enough to do this.
Remember his infamous "Reagan is awesome, first bloke picked next week" speech?

leftrightout
16-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Benching Goodwin is quite possibly the dumbest thing i have read on this forum!

hahahaha i wonder if the special one has ever considered this for Ronaldo when they play against that dirty barcelona rival they have! i think he would be an idiot if he didnt consider it! :lulzturtle:

howardyou
16-10-2012, 04:21 PM
This thread has just jumped the shark. Bench him. Dear me.

boz-monaut
16-10-2012, 04:39 PM
there's a way the admins can lock posts to prevent them being deleted

I'm going to see if I can just to make sure this genius is kept for all time (or until the whole thing crashes again)

Thomas477
16-10-2012, 07:04 PM
i dunno about the rest of y'all, but when my team has a good player in it i like for him to play

Seems a novel concept.

stopper2
16-10-2012, 08:24 PM
FFS Goodwin is nearly 21 years old.....not some 16 or 17 school kid. Sure he has only played a handfull of HAL games but to say we should rest him because he might get hacked or he might get a bighead doesn't make sense to me. He is one of our form players....that is what should dictate whether he starts or plays, all the rest is irrelevant.

Pico
16-10-2012, 08:40 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/Monkeyman0419/balki.jpg

prawnhead
16-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Honestly would not have a problem if GVE put him on the bench this week at all.

I severely doubt Goody would be dropped this week but my comments about dropping him are just dropping him in general not down to form or anything but just too keep him grounded. Probably not gonna do that after 2 weeks of games but if he was to be dropped suddenly say in Rd 6-7 and it wasn't form related I would still support that decision by Jets Management

You clearly have no idea.

hawk
16-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Just passing on a messege from a concerned supporter....

Dear Goody,
raise the elbows and knees when any gypo comes near you. They also liked getting stepped on.
thanks,
Trev

plague
16-10-2012, 10:00 PM
On another note do feel the bloke should be protected on Saturday night. GVE should consider dropping him or benching him

The Member, winding up blokes like no one else. I see what you're doing there.
http://i.imgur.com/ZSzwG.gif

q-money
17-10-2012, 10:50 AM
keep goodwin out of the national youth setup for as long as possible

the place is a legit dead-zone of footballing usefulness

stopper2
17-10-2012, 05:46 PM
keep goodwin out of the national youth setup for as long as possible

the place is a legit dead-zone of footballing usefulness
Actually he's too old, even for the next Olympic campaign. He will be over 23 by the time the next Olympics comes around in 2016. If he keeps improving the Socceroos will be calling before too long.

q-money
17-10-2012, 05:48 PM
thank god

la bazzle
17-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Thank Sheva

Thomas477
17-10-2012, 11:30 PM
If he keeps improving the Socceroos will be calling before too long.

Not until he's 35+, that's the new prerequisite for selection in the Socceroos.

MFKS
18-10-2012, 02:08 PM
there's a way the admins can lock posts to prevent them being deleted

I'm going to see if I can just to make sure this genius is kept for all time (or until the whole thing crashes again)

While you are doing that also get this one for posterity

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?246-starting-team-for-round-1

Where the Member called in Pre Season Goody will be playing in the Socceroos within 12 months.

Also Plague Sshhhhh

You will spoil the fun

plague
18-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Where the Member called in Pre Season Goody will be playing in the Socceroos within 12 months.

If you had your way Holger would call him up then sit him on the bench so he doesn't get hurt!!!!!

Bon
18-10-2012, 08:19 PM
If you had your way Holger would call him up then sit him on the bench so he doesn't get hurt!!!!!

Well played sir..

Jeterpool
19-10-2012, 07:01 AM

Snap!

Portillo
20-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Future Socceroo for sure. Just hope he doesnt move to Europe and ruin his career.

belchardo
20-10-2012, 08:22 PM
great game. not his best defensive effort tonight though.

hawk
21-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Covered more ground than sir walter. Got caught a couple times but overall excellent effort.

Jeterpool
21-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Brave performance. got chopped but got up and kept running at them

Thomas477
21-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Covered more ground than sir walter. Got caught a couple times but overall excellent effort.

Could do with some of that on the pitch ATM.

Bon
19-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Very obvious just how much we are missing Goodwin out on the left side at the moment.
I haven't scoured the other threads, but what is the injury or reason he didnt play last night?

belchardo
19-11-2012, 10:05 AM
something to do with his shin i believe

longshot
19-11-2012, 11:24 AM
From all the bloody kickings he has copped from the opposition no doubt. Read he copped a couple on the same spot at training as well.

russjaybee
19-11-2012, 11:30 AM
Should have listened to wise MFKS...

Bon
19-11-2012, 11:36 AM
What is the story with Ritter? Ever since he was injured and Goody was dropped to left back, things havent been as exciting in attack..
I seriously think for us to be successful we need those two on the park..

Grimario
19-11-2012, 11:50 AM
What is the story with Ritter? Ever since he was injured and Goody was dropped to left back, things havent been as exciting in attack..
I seriously think for us to be successful we need those two on the park..

Ritter played at left back last week against WSW, didn't he?

Bon
19-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Ritter played at left back last week against WSW, didn't he?

Yeah he did.. And Goody was on too, but had a quiet game..
I'm not saying it will be perfect 100% of the time with them both out there.. hahaha.. Just that we have looked better when they both are.

goaliepersempre
19-11-2012, 12:30 PM
It seems goody and ritter have a good playing understanding.. Ritter gets into some good positions, places some great passes and control of ball. Yet is still "solid" when needed. Hope both players come back soon.

Grimario
19-11-2012, 12:35 PM
I want Ritter to put the occasional cross in with his left foot. He looks like he is under strict instructions to stop and play an infield ball for Jobe/RubeZ because last week he got into a great crossing position and don't recall him once swinging it in to Heskey's head.

MFKS
19-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Should have benched him in Rd 3 like I said. Hasn't played particularly well since I made the call either.

Hopefully the Eggs decision to listen to the Member and "drop" him against those Wello thugs has the desired effect and he returns next week to his scintillating best.

MFKS
05-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Gonna put out the call now.

Goody In >>> Brown Out

Should take about 5-6 weeks before GVE starts to consider it

belchardo
05-12-2012, 02:21 PM
whoa there mate. we're playing the coasties, he might need a rest to protect him. :)

hawk
05-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Goody should get one in first

MFKS
14-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Gonna make another big call about this bloke.

Plays like a Fernando Torres did at Liverpool when he has Fernando Torres coloured locks.
Plays like Fernando Torrres does at Chelsea when he doesn't have the Fernando Torres hair do.

Get this bloke an appointment at a hairdresser

Get that Peroxide on his head

Buddha
15-01-2013, 12:40 AM
I blame his hot missus, needs to break up with her

Bon
15-01-2013, 08:14 AM
I blame his hot missus, needs to break up with her

Need to see pics of her.. haha

militiamon
15-01-2013, 06:06 PM
Need to see pics of her.. haha

Can confirm Buddha's comment, but she looks 17.

Buddha
15-01-2013, 06:20 PM

It's alright, if you keep forcing it, it'll go in soon enough

MFKS
16-01-2013, 09:34 AM

So he may need to check some ID to avoid doing a Seb Ryall on her???

plague
16-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Is there any chance we can keep this at least one level higher than the gutter?
Starting to imagine some of you blokes being old farts in trenchcoats hanging round public pools.

boz-monaut
16-01-2013, 10:14 AM
your point being?

Bon
16-01-2013, 10:25 AM
your point being?

well concealed behind the trench-coat.. :o

plague
16-01-2013, 11:01 AM
your point being?
Was just visiting Mount Pious. Thought I'd share some thoughts from up there.

hawk
16-01-2013, 12:29 PM
well concealed behind the trench-coat.. :o

lozl

RedMexican
16-01-2013, 07:28 PM
So he may need to check some ID to avoid doing a Seb Ryall on her???

shes 18 lads dont stress

My2BobsWorth
17-01-2013, 05:07 PM
Back on track, Goody needs to be dropped this week for missing 4-5 sitters last week, I would settle for a public flogging in the carpark.

Buddha
29-01-2013, 09:28 PM
KId is more worried about what colour his hair should be then concentrating on crossing a ball. Seriously sometimes i think these guys take this gig for granted

weston
29-01-2013, 09:32 PM
KId is more worried about what colour his hair should be then concentrating on crossing a ball. Seriously sometimes i think these guys take this gig for granted

Hasn't been as good since GVE started sitting him on the bench and swapping him with left back than back to wing thn bench again..... i think he has some confidence issue..... in saying that he hasn't been terrible

militiamon
29-01-2013, 09:51 PM
ffs @ blaming this one on Gary.

The kid has had plenty of game time lately, gotten himself into some excellent positions and failed to score each time. Could have been the difference in several matches but wasn't. No one to blame but himself. He is young though and, hopefully, still improving.

plague
29-01-2013, 10:15 PM
No one to blame but himself.

and Deans.

weston
29-01-2013, 10:26 PM
I pointed out the time in where i thought goodwin's exceptional form started to decrease.... i didn't point a finger and "blame" anyone. It may of been the fact GVE dropped him to cameo roles for a few weeks and a new position.... may not be. All i was saying it seems that for whatever reason his confidence has seemed to dropped since than. Maybe he had below par game and can't get back to where he was? Maybe the defenders have figured him out already... don't know... he's had good games since, just not consistently at a high performance rate.

Yeh he's had chances to put the ball in the back of the net a few times to get us a win or draw out of a match but hasn't finished....and he's not the only one.... as has been said, the chances are being created but no ones finishing them... he'll find his feet again soon enough

goaliepersempre
30-01-2013, 08:12 AM
I pointed out the time in where i thought goodwin's exceptional form started to decrease.... i didn't point a finger and "blame" anyone. It may of been the fact GVE dropped him to cameo roles for a few weeks and a new position.... may not be. All i was saying it seems that for whatever reason his confidence has seemed to dropped since than. Maybe he had below par game and can't get back to where he was? Maybe the defenders have figured him out already... don't know... he's had good games since, just not consistently at a high performance rate.

Yeh he's had chances to put the ball in the back of the net a few times to get us a win or draw out of a match but hasn't finished....and he's not the only one.... as has been said, the chances are being created but no ones finishing them... he'll find his feet again soon enough

Ive said this before, Goodwin and Ritter were developing a really good partnership and felt they played off each other really well, good passing and delivery from throw ins and runs gave the space and time for him.... With Goodwin playing with galloway no wonder he has no confidence... never knows whats going to happen.

cobra23
30-01-2013, 09:00 AM

The chances have been created by himself,
There are times where if those chances were crossed to an unmarked HESKEY there would have been someone to finish them off.
the kid is a decent player every 1 of 4 games.
but his down fall is he is a hog everygame.

hawk
30-01-2013, 01:28 PM
The chances have been created by himself,
There are times where if those chances were crossed to an unmarked HESKEY there would have been someone to finish them off.
the kid is a decent player every 1 of 4 games.
but his down fall is he is a hog everygame.

best kid we have. I think he is the spark we need whether he goes for a run or not. needs to work on options and some target practice under pressure

Bon
30-01-2013, 01:52 PM
best kid we have. I think he is the spark we need whether he goes for a run or not. needs to work on options and some target practice under pressure

This.

Newieutd
30-01-2013, 02:09 PM

or be less selfish and slide the ball to Heskey

la bazzle
30-01-2013, 04:46 PM
With Goodwin playing with galloway no wonder he has no confidence... never knows whats going to happen.

winner

Buddha
30-01-2013, 09:30 PM
i would like to point out that i noted these points to him on his FB status, but all i got was wannabe fans abusing me, tough crowd

seldom
30-01-2013, 09:46 PM
surely we have video analysis:-
gary-sit down craig
craig-ok boss
gary-see here where you took the shot from a difficult angle
craig-yes boss
gary-and see how we have players unmarked inside of you
craig-yes boss
gary-next time your in that situation PASS THE FVCKIN THING !

........sorted

Bon
31-01-2013, 08:47 AM
It's easy to sit there and bang on about him not passing the ball to Heskey, but what if he did attempt to make the pass and it didnt get there, or someone else fvcked it up..
You would have everyone blowing up in the same way going "Why the fvck didnt he shoot?!?!?!?!"..

Jeterpool
31-01-2013, 09:01 AM
It's easy to sit there and bang on about him not passing the ball to Heskey, but what if he did attempt to make the pass and it didnt get there, or someone else fvcked it up..
You would have everyone blowing up in the same way going "Why the fvck didnt he shoot?!?!?!?!"..

Very true. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

surely we have video analysis:-
gary-sit down craig
craig-ok boss
gary-see here where you took the shot from a difficult angle
craig-yes boss
gary-and see how we have players unmarked inside of you
craig-yes boss
gary-next time your in that situation PASS THE FVCKIN THING !

........sorted

Needs pictures to tell the narrative - see Regan & GvE story.

Bon
31-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Needs pictures to tell the narrative - see Regan & GvE story.

Need to see some pictures of his Mrs too.. hahaha

halo se7en
31-01-2013, 10:17 PM
Keeping in mind he was a LB not long ago… can't expect him to turn into a super striker all of a sudden...

RedMexican
31-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Need to see some pictures of his Mrs too.. hahaha

they broke up bon. hahahaha

seldom
31-01-2013, 11:41 PM
they broke up bon. hahahaha

premature shots the problem no doubt

Newieutd
01-02-2013, 07:03 AM

Then we get up him for a bad pass not for retard selfish thinking.

Buddha
02-02-2013, 02:07 PM
If he's single it means his missus is back on the market, fanxx for the info

MFKS
02-02-2013, 09:07 PM
What's the go with this poor ****??

Does he have a target on his back???

How many times does he have to cop A grade malicious hacks before the refs start sending some of these thugs off??

LOst count of the amount of times some hack has chopped him viciously when he gets past but it would have to be double figures.

Where is the ****ING protection for talent as opposed to protecting Muscat like grubs???

stopper2
02-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Thought Goodwin was back to his best, tormenting the Sydney defence. The only player who provided any real spark in a rather dour dispaly.

militiamon
02-02-2013, 09:16 PM
^ I thought the same, looked dangerous and confident. Others I talked to disagreed.

Blackmac79
02-02-2013, 10:01 PM
There are moments of brilliance but often he didn't seem to want the ball.

Had a much better second half.

seldom
02-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Thought Goodwin was back to his best, tormenting the Sydney defence. The only player who provided any real spark in a rather dour dispaly.

I agree he is quality, probs just behind the Biz as our best. Is the mark of a good player when decent opposition players feel the need to foul him.

hawk
03-02-2013, 09:51 AM
How many times does he have to cop A grade malicious hacks before the refs start sending some of these thugs off??
LOst count of the amount of times some hack has chopped him viciously when he gets past but it would have to be double figures.
Where is the ****ING protection for talent as opposed to protecting Muscat like grubs???

This they had no idea how to stop him so they targeted him with a variety of players to hack him down. Wish he was protected like del thedago.

hawk
03-02-2013, 09:53 AM
There are moments of brilliance but often he didn't seem to want the ball.

you're kiddin right?

The Dunster
03-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Goodwin is predictable and an easy target when the refs don't do him any favours.

At the start of the season I thought he was the goods. Now I think he's got a long way to go.

RedMexican
03-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Deadset why the fark, didnt throw himself when he had the jew pass. I mean ffs the goal was open!.

Imyourhero
03-02-2013, 10:46 AM
I think the honest opinion is that Goodwin has the potential to be a important and crucial future Socceroo, however he will never reach his potential under a coach like GVE, he needs somebody such as Ange to really push him to the next level and then overseas.

militiamon
03-02-2013, 01:02 PM
^ Same could be said for just about any player in the A-League tbh.

There are worse teams he could be playing for as well, Perth being the first one that comes to mind. At least he's getting plenty of game time, more than what he would have been getting at Heart imo.

My2BobsWorth
03-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Must admit to being bit pist on the wet hill, but he seemed a bit slow on the ball last night, never noticed it before. Couldn't see fuk all of the second half, too pist, too dark, will have to wait for OmDuFrom

Newieutd
03-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Deadset why the fark, didnt throw himself when he had the jew pass. I mean ffs the goal was open!.

This ^^^ .... had his hands on his head before the before got him

RedMexican
03-02-2013, 06:18 PM
This ^^^ .... had his hands on his head before the before got him

I still cant comprehend what the fark went through his head.

Imyourhero
03-02-2013, 06:37 PM
what about the fact that R.Griff was deadset 4 metres away from him with nobody in his way and still couldnt make the simple pass?

chocolate soldier
12-02-2013, 01:01 PM
i think he needs to be a little "pro activ" with himself..

Imyourhero
12-02-2013, 01:44 PM
i think he needs to be a little "pro activ" with himself..

ayyeee! :cool::cool:

MFKS
03-05-2013, 12:53 PM
CRAIG Goodwin is the only Newcastle player to have been named in a 12-man squad of A-League-based Socceroos for a training camp on the Central Coast next week.
See your ad here

Goodwin was due back today from a month-long trial with English Premier League club Reading.

Jets officials hope to know within the next few days whether the young left-back features in Reading’s future plans, in which case he may have played his last game for Newcastle.

Socceroos head coach Holger Osieck named the training squad yesterday to prepare for the upcoming FIFA World Cup Asian Qualifiers against Japan, Jordan and Iraq next month.

The training camp will be held in conjunction with a Young Socceroos training camp, who are currently preparing for the upcoming FIFA under-20 World Cup which will be held in Turkey from June 21 to July 14 2013.

The senior squad includes big names such as Socceroos skipper Lucas Neill, Jade North, Mark Milligan and Eugene Galekovic.

Osieck is eager to work with these players on the pitch next week.

“We currently have two groups of players, those that are still playing in their domestic leagues and those from Australia that are in their off-season,” he said.
See your ad here

“The purpose of this training camp is to assess the physical standard of the players out of season and get them to a similar level compared to the other players.’’

The players from both squads will hold an open training session at Pluim Park, Lisarow, from 4.30pm on Wednesday, with an autograph signing session from 4pm.

The Young Socceroos squad includes five Jets – Connor Chapman, Josh Brillante, Andrew Hoole, Jack Duncan and Adam Taggart..

seldom
03-05-2013, 05:34 PM
For the jets chances next year would like to see him stay but for his career and development get him the fvck away from GVE

militiamon
09-02-2014, 11:06 PM
It's been a while since we got the chance to post in this thread boys.

If FapFest 2014 is the Kale thread, then maybe this should be renamed FapFest 2012?

Jeterpool
10-02-2014, 07:45 AM
He took his goals well yesterday. Since the removal of van Egmond his body language has changed completely and so has his play.

BodyNovo
10-02-2014, 08:21 AM
it was overdue tbh

he has been shit all season till yesterday, the fact he had the confidence to take that first goal first time is a show of his quality, i think he overplayed his hand as much as the team did by giving the ball way to much to him in the 2nd half.

just needs to back himself.

Jeterpool
10-02-2014, 08:25 AM
it was overdue tbh

he has been shit all season till yesterday, the fact he had the confidence to take that first goal first time is a show of his quality, i think he overplayed his hand as much as the team did by giving the ball way to much to him in the 2nd half.

just needs to back himself.

I couldn't agree more. And I think he is starting to bakc himself again.

MFKS
10-02-2014, 09:52 PM
Have heard the bloke will be agreeing to a new contract.

What is it with HSG and NEW contracts for blokes who have good games???

Jeterpool
11-02-2014, 01:13 AM
Have heard the bloke will be agreeing to a new contract.

What is it with HSG and NEW contracts for blokes who have good games???

Surely couldn't be coincidental timing and the negotiations have been ongoing for a while?? There was a paper article mentioning as much. Maybe two goals meant the club stopped stuffing around and agreed before another offer was increased??

Newieutd
11-02-2014, 05:59 AM
He was directly at fault for Wellingtons 2nd goal...

He is $hit

late_to_the_game
15-11-2014, 07:09 PM
Old thread, but just how smart is this kid?
Recognizes we are a basket case, gets himself released to go home to Adelaide, now plays every game, is getting better and better and his team lead the comp (for now)
One patch in tonight's game, calmly played out under pressure..... Something we can't do....

MFKS
15-11-2014, 07:28 PM
Old thread, but just how smart is this kid?
Recognizes we are a basket case, gets himself released to go home to Adelaide, now plays every game, is getting better and better and his team lead the comp (for now)
One patch in tonight's game, calmly played out under pressure..... Something we can't do....

Another classic example of the incompetence of our Management.

You can list the names of players who improved under their watch on one hand.

You need a few hands to count the players whose confidence and game they destroyed
You also need a few hands to count the ones who look highly competent as soon as they leave

Tommyjet
15-11-2014, 08:52 PM
Another classic example of the incompetence of our Management.

You can list the names of players who improved under their watch on one hand.

You need a few hands to count the players whose confidence and game they destroyed
You also need a few hands to count the ones who look highly competent as soon as they leave

Someone needs to make a squad of players told their not wanted by the jets. Back 4 something like elrich-Durante?-topors-Goodwin, had too many liquids to work out the rest at present

GazFish35
15-11-2014, 08:55 PM
Covic.
Ljubo.

The list would be scary

plague
15-11-2014, 09:03 PM
Hoffman.
Gary Cahill.

Jetmaster
15-11-2014, 09:09 PM
I did it a few weeks back...

---------------------------Covic-------------------------------

Elrich-------------Topor-----------------Dura---------------Goodwin

Zads-----------------------Carle----------------------------Abbas

Haliti-----------------------Bridge---------------------------Burns

Bench - Reddy, North, Hoffman, Brown, Smeltz (well we knocked him back)

Thomas477
15-11-2014, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't include Reddy on that, he's not that good.

plague
15-11-2014, 10:36 PM

BK

Grimario
15-11-2014, 10:38 PM
BK

Can't include bk until we release him and he goes on to start elsewhere.

Grimario
15-11-2014, 10:39 PM

Reddy, pasfield and velaphi are the options, aren't they?

lquiquer
15-11-2014, 10:40 PM
Reddy, pasfield and velaphi are the options, aren't they?

Could even include Nash

plague
15-11-2014, 10:40 PM
Can't include bk until we release him and he goes on to start elsewhere.

Is he still on our team?
Could have sworn we only had one keeper signed this season.

plague
15-11-2014, 10:41 PM
Could even include Nash

Youngy

lquiquer
15-11-2014, 10:42 PM
Is he still on our team?
Could have sworn we only had one keeper signed this season.

Isn't Young on the bench?

MFKS
15-11-2014, 10:42 PM

Lets just stick to the blokes released under HSG's reign. Blokes like Bridge North Dura Carle and Covic left ages ago for varying reasons that have nothing to do with the current admin / recent managers etc

Buddha
15-11-2014, 10:50 PM

Brown/Hoffman out Jobe in

Thomas477
15-11-2014, 11:24 PM
Nash > Reddy.

The Dunster
16-11-2014, 09:28 AM
Milton Rodriguez. GVE said he was only a bench player and wanted to pay him accordingly - so he left.

Tommyjet
16-11-2014, 10:20 AM

Very solid squad. Not doubt we'd have a shit coach tho

Jetmaster
16-11-2014, 10:35 AM
Lets just stick to the blokes released under HSG's reign. Blokes like Bridge North Dura Carle and Covic left ages ago for varying reasons that have nothing to do with the current admin / recent managers etc

Stop being anal - it's a fantasy team of ex Jets.

joel31
16-11-2014, 12:37 PM
Milton Rodriguez. GVE said he was only a bench player and wanted to pay him accordingly - so he left.
I heard he wanted to return to Colombia for his family

The Dunster
16-11-2014, 01:12 PM
He went and played in the MLS after the Jets made an insult of an offer to him.

GVE didn't like him because he was the type of player that went around defenders and scored goals - so pretty much the same reason as why the Jets didn't sign Nathan Burns.

The Dunster
16-11-2014, 01:16 PM

GVE didn't like him because he was the type of player that went around defenders and scored goals - so pretty much the same reason as why the Jets didn't sign Nathan Burns.

joel31
16-11-2014, 03:33 PM

Except Burns rarely scored when he was at the Jets

plague
16-11-2014, 04:44 PM
Except Burns rarely scored when he was at the Jets

umm, this whole thread points out how our club turns good players into retards then they get cured when they go elsewhere.
Burns is a great example. Good before us, ok for us, didnt want to come back to us, is now good again.

How utter donkeys like Ibini get picked in the national team over him ill never know.

GVE OUT, Stubbins OUT, Ange OUT.

hawk
16-11-2014, 09:12 PM

biggest oversight in nf.net history. :blush:

but the rest pretty good

Jetmaster
17-11-2014, 08:19 AM
I had a space to fill....

Grimario
17-11-2014, 08:35 AM
I had a space to fill....

Chapman
Mitchell (reckon he might end up in Perth, word is Lowe looking for left footed Australian stopper)
Matt Sim

Jetmaster
17-11-2014, 05:30 PM
Hoff is a first team regular AND goalscorer this season....demanded selection !

MFKS
17-11-2014, 08:23 PM
Hoff is a first team regular AND goalscorer this season....demanded selection !

But considering how bad Hearts defence is (most of those blokes would still struggle to make our side) that is little to brag about

Couscous
11-03-2016, 09:57 AM
He told the Daily Football Show that Adelaide's squad is more unified than Newy's.

Bon
11-03-2016, 10:01 AM
He told the Daily Football Show that Adelaide's squad is more unified than Newy's.

I don't doubt it for a second..
He's playing in a winning team that's in good form..
When he was with us, we were a shambles with a gimp owner, unstable club and poor coaching staff..
Was this a recent interview?..

Couscous
11-03-2016, 10:29 AM
Two days ago. Decent interview.

http://pca.st/iuOS

Bon
11-03-2016, 10:30 AM
Two days ago. Decent interview.

http://pca.st/iuOS

I'll have a read, cheers mate..

Or a listen..

boz-monaut
11-03-2016, 10:47 AM
I can't listen to the interview but I'd be surprised if Goodwin hasn't used the term unorganised, grabastic pieces of amphibian shit to describe the Jets during his time here

Jetmaster
11-03-2016, 01:11 PM
Goody left after his head was done over by a local bit of fluff....needed to go home.

Won't admit it though.

Jeterpool
11-03-2016, 02:16 PM
Goody left after his head was done over by a local bit of fluff....needed to go home.

Won't admit it though.

Phil Stubbins?

Retro Jet
11-03-2016, 07:24 PM

Won't admit it though.

Phil Stubbins?

StubTurd wasn't local JP...

Jeterpool
11-03-2016, 08:24 PM
StubTurd wasn't local JP...

But he was all fluff

hawk
11-03-2016, 09:14 PM
not even a star. hope the defecting scab misses the semis

Couscous
12-03-2016, 05:19 PM
Craig Goodwin will become the Socceroo's best-ever left winger. Looking at you, H. Kewell.

Jeterpool
12-03-2016, 06:58 PM
Craig Goodwin will become the Socceroo's best-ever left winger. Looking at you, H. Kewell.

Thanks for clarifying. I thought you were referring to Stan Lazaridis there for a second

Couscous
07-05-2016, 11:28 AM
Newy's greatest ever player now heads off to Sparta Rotterdam. I feel privileged to have used a public toilet at the same time as him (true story; have not washed since).

MFKS
07-05-2016, 11:51 AM
Newy's greatest ever player now heads off to Sparta Rotterdam. I feel privileged to have used a public toilet at the same time as him (true story; have not washed since).

Uhh umm err

Thanks for sharing that with us.

I not know what more worrying

You sharing stories of your exploits in public toilets or your complete disregard for personal hygiene

Couscous
07-05-2016, 01:01 PM
Never be afraid of bacteria. Exposure strengthens.

belchardo
10-05-2016, 12:32 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-10/adelaide-united-loses-craig-goodwin-after-championship-success/7400660

confirmed to Sparta rotterdam

boz-monaut
11-05-2016, 11:23 AM
picked in the Socceroos squad to play England

he should get game time given how weak the squad is

RAM
11-05-2016, 11:52 AM
picked in the Socceroos squad to play England

he should get game time given how weak the squad is

Such a shit squad :rof:

Gonna get raped. :brrr:

Grimario
14-08-2016, 05:24 PM
Scored on starting debut for Sparta overnight.

http://www.re-match.pw/2016/08/pec-zwolle-vs-sparta-rotterdam-highlights-and-full-match.html

Hunter403
15-08-2016, 08:23 PM
Scored on starting debut for Sparta overnight.

http://www.re-match.pw/2016/08/pec-zwolle-vs-sparta-rotterdam-highlights-and-full-match.html

See, he was never good enough for the Jets.