PDA

View Full Version : Cwc 2023

Retro Jet
27-10-2023, 06:58 PM
"Oh, that's ridiculous!"

Comment of the series so far from Shane Watson to describe Glenn Maxwell's audacious reverse sweep v Netherlands the other night.
100 of 40 balls
:brrr:

I'm glad I stayed up to watch that little cameo.
I wonder how long it will be before that record is broken.

https://circleofcricket.com/category/cricketworldcup/87778/cwc-2023-watch-oh-thats-ridiculous-glenn-maxwell-leaves-commentators-in-awe-with-his-reverse-sweep-six?626083

Jetmaster
09-11-2023, 02:24 PM
Used to be really into this but just taking a passing interest on CH9 when games are on. Another modern sport being killed off by those that run it.

Too many games and too much similarity - every pitch is a road, every boundary is about 50 metres away and these new bats only have to get half an edge to go over the rope - it is too easy to hit a six now and too batsman friendly. And how can you attend in person with all the doof doof noise and mania at the ground?

It is no longer the "shortened version of test cricket" - it is now the "extended version of T20".

Hunter403
10-11-2023, 07:31 AM
Is there a cricket world cup on? Unfortunatley, it is all the same. Death by over exposure.

Jetmaster
19-11-2023, 06:28 PM
Is there a cricket world cup on? Unfortunatley, it is all the same. Death by over exposure.

I read that the top 8 teams "qualify" for the Nations Cup.....wtf is that?