PDA

View Full Version : Round 4 Jets v Western on Mars

My2BobsWorth
11-11-2023, 04:04 PM
Probably get more spectators on the planet

MFKS
11-11-2023, 04:45 PM
When was the last time we kept a clean sheet??

The Dunster
11-11-2023, 05:11 PM
Our defenders are facing their own goal.
No suprise that they can't get out of their own half.
Ingham looks completely lost as a defender.

Referee isn't doing the Jets any favours either which isn't helping.

MFKS
11-11-2023, 05:16 PM
These female officials

FMD

Ball was out by a yard

You don't need VAR

Open your eyes FFS

Hunter403
11-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Jeez, the refereeing and assistants leave something to be desired.

Hunter403
11-11-2023, 05:18 PM
Well that was against the run of play!

Frodo
11-11-2023, 05:21 PM
So Stammer and Boogers are the most deadly strike partnership in the comp somehow. Who would have imagined that pre season?

Jetmaster
11-11-2023, 05:23 PM
Silly me, posted this in wrong thread before the game.....

I don't get it anymore....WU in green, refs in flouro green and instead of the obviously different gold kit, we wear white and green.

What was once the "alternate kit" is now a compulsory "away kit", for obvious marketing reasons.

So glad I was a child of the 70s when common sense prevailed. One replica shirt did you five seasons.

And I notice we get the "diversity refs" this week, and the most sterile of the P+ commentary partnerships. Jets attacking and the idiot says "look at the camels".....

No atmos, 3pm in woop woop. APL doesn't care about anyone but the P+ "big four".

MFKS
11-11-2023, 05:25 PM
So Stammer and Boogers are the most deadly strike partnership in the comp somehow. Who would have imagined that pre season?

Stammers has realised Burhagiar is likely to **** things up which he did and is feeding off his scraps

How the **** did he miss that header??

It was easier than the chance he missed at the same stadium last season with an open goal from a couple of yards out

The guy is infuriating

The Dunster
11-11-2023, 05:44 PM
12 fouls to 4.
Referee is an idiot.

Hunter403
11-11-2023, 05:53 PM
The standard of this game is pretty low. Poor officiating, poor passing, poor play in general and about as much atmosphere as a local bottom of the table npl game

Jetmaster
11-11-2023, 05:59 PM
12 fouls to 4.
Referee is an idiot.

We always get the "L" plate refs, not Smurfs or Vucktory.

The Hacker
11-11-2023, 06:04 PM

Has to be a pen

MFKS
11-11-2023, 06:05 PM
You can shove your VAR up your arse

The Hacker
11-11-2023, 06:05 PM
You can shove your VAR up your arse

That will do me

Hunter403
11-11-2023, 06:07 PM
Pen every day of the week, and if they went back to a push on the corner, then they have not used VAR correctly.
As I said; sub standard officiating.

Jetmaster
11-11-2023, 06:08 PM
I can't do this live anymore. Last night and today's refereeing/VAR has been disgraceful. I already just watch EPL minis only.

The Hacker
11-11-2023, 06:08 PM

Couldn?t be a truer statement

Hunter403
11-11-2023, 06:13 PM
Seriously, there PYL teams that pass better than the Jets.

MFKS
11-11-2023, 06:18 PM
Notice how that decision to disallow Rukavitsya came from the non diversity hire

The Hacker
11-11-2023, 06:21 PM
Notice how that decision to disallow Rukavitsya came from the non diversity hire

Some header. How?s the keeper get beaten by an 18 yard header

Hunter403
11-11-2023, 06:30 PM
How in the name of Griff did we win that?

plague
11-11-2023, 07:35 PM
Overruling the ball being out was a good use of VAR.

The non awarding of the penalty is everything thats wrong with VAR.

The ref went back just as far as she needed in order to find a reason to not admit she was wrong. Thats all there is to that decision. Refs ego got in the way of the real reason we have the tech in the game.

Happy for the coach to play the best system he can for the players he has to use. Anyone thinking we should be total football with this bunch of players is an idiot.

Back 4 was good enough. Everyone else was good enough and thats all they can be. Cant think of a worse front 3rd group ever in Jets colours but they are making it work so well in to everyone involved.

Risdon sucks, worst footballer ever and gets away with everything.

MOM was the coach realising that marking Lustica out of the game was Jets only hope. He was well handled and United had no other options.

Anyway, Griff has blessed us again with a win, and we get a week off the enjoy the airshow.

Hail Griff.

My2BobsWorth
11-11-2023, 07:47 PM
Like everyone else in Oz I was betting on the horses ATM, mite watch at a later date. Fuk the 3pm off

Frodo
11-11-2023, 07:53 PM
Thought the Ref did well enough, the game flowed and she wasn't card happy or anything. Assistant upstairs had a shocker trying to make sure he got noticed or whatever he was thinking.

Kids doing better in the second half was great to see, they actually tried to claw their way up the pitch instead of sitting deep and hoping.

Honestly, Boogers seems to thrive when Stammers takes up the attention of the other CBs. Plus there's always scraps to feed off and Stammers is not horrendous at being in the right spot. Mauragis put some amazing balls in as usual and Ingham is even improving in his defensive concentration. Lots of positives, few negatives, Jenkinson not in the squad is still the best decision Staunton has made, long may it continue.

Jetmaster
11-11-2023, 08:00 PM
Thought the Ref did well enough, the game flowed and she wasn't card happy or anything.

No, often caught out of position, not assertive enough, and no excuse for the no pen, it was her poor decision in the first place.

Watching Daniel Elder now....walking or jogging the diagonals to be positioned right and conserve energy. Our ref ran in circles.

Frodo
11-11-2023, 08:44 PM
No, often caught out of position, not assertive enough, and no excuse for the no pen, it was her poor decision in the first place.

Watching Daniel Elder now....walking or jogging the diagonals to be positioned right and conserve energy. Our ref ran in circles.

The penalty didn't look like a pen at first because Risdon got himself in front, most refs (and commentators agreed) wouldn't have called that in real time.
It was a penalty because right as Risdon steps across him he takes out the trailing leg out. Easy pen for VAR to spot.

The game flowed well, very little was missed, stop acting like there was a problem when there wasn't.

MFKS
11-11-2023, 08:46 PM
Let's just realise today's result is worth nothing

Next Saturdays result is all that matters

It is time we actually aimed up against the Gypos at home

No ****ing excuses

Frodo
11-11-2023, 09:40 PM
Seeing them at the bottom of the table on zero points, with us 8 points ahead them after week 5 will be a great start to the season.

belchardo
12-11-2023, 07:01 PM
The penalty didn't look like a pen at first because Risdon got himself in front, most refs (and commentators agreed) wouldn't have called that in real time.
It was a penalty because right as Risdon steps across him he takes out the trailing leg out. Easy pen for VAR to spot.

The game flowed well, very little was missed, stop acting like there was a problem when there wasn't.

not really sure what the fuss is about. the only ref that's got some questions to answer is the VAR. The contact on Risdon was so immaterial that Risdon himself didn't event think to complain about it.

Great to see them get a win, very nervy last 6 minutes, otherwise the defence was very effective.

What does everybody think about Penha going along the bench and giving everybody a hug before the game? I thought at the time this was gamesmanship and he should have been shoved straight back out, but then when he didn't celebrate, I thought maybe it was genuine. Either way, Rudan would have never let him get within 10 feet. I'm not a fan of Rudan, but I feel we do need to show a bit more mongrel sometimes.

plague
12-11-2023, 07:23 PM
Everything Penha did before during and after the match was class.

Bloke wouldnt put up with more than 3 seconds of Rudans bullshit so would not have been fazed.

Besides, one day we might put our hashtags and mission statements into practice and **** grubs like Rudan right the **** out of our game. But its convieient to brush his bullshit aside at the moment.

**** Rudan.

MFKS
12-11-2023, 09:56 PM
Seeing them at the bottom of the table on zero points, with us 8 points ahead them after week 5 will be a great start to the season.

That is now in our hands to make this a reality

We do all know how the Jets tend to disappoint when they get an opportunity to lay down a positive marker

MFKS
12-11-2023, 09:59 PM
not really sure what the fuss is about. the only ref that's got some questions to answer is the VAR. The contact on Risdon was so immaterial that Risdon himself didn't event think to complain about it.

Great to see them get a win, very nervy last 6 minutes, otherwise the defence was very effective.

What does everybody think about Penha going along the bench and giving everybody a hug before the game? I thought at the time this was gamesmanship and he should have been shoved straight back out, but then when he didn't celebrate, I thought maybe it was genuine. Either way, Rudan would have never let him get within 10 feet. I'm not a fan of Rudan, but I feel we do need to show a bit more mongrel sometimes.

Watched the last 10 minutes back. Was massively dissappointed with O Neill
The guy was out of position and out of legs most of the time

You would think at his age he be sitting just in front of the central defenders at that point of the game playing in a tuxedo directing the team about

But no he was pushing out chasing lost causes getting dragged towards half way and the sidelines

Don't know how much we are paying him but we need a bit more from him at times than we are getting

q-money
12-11-2023, 11:12 PM
great to see brisbane beating the gypos today, meaning that there is no chance we will win in two weeks time

i thought they were our pals

anfield
13-11-2023, 07:32 AM
Watched the last 10 minutes back. Was massively dissappointed with O Neill
The guy was out of position and out of legs most of the time

You would think at his age he be sitting just in front of the central defenders at that point of the game playing in a tuxedo directing the team about

But no he was pushing out chasing lost causes getting dragged towards half way and the sidelines

Don't know how much we are paying him but we need a bit more from him at times than we are getting

O Neill worries me a little at times too, mainly when he picks up a yellow card. He got second yellows in the Australia Cup against Brisbane and game against Central Coast towards the end of last year. Both were professional fouls that could have been avoided and left the team a man down to finish the game.

Hopefully we don't see it again, Class player who can control the midfield.

Jeterpool
13-11-2023, 11:16 AM
When was the last time we kept a clean sheet??

18/2/23

Jeterpool
13-11-2023, 11:28 AM
These officials

FMD

Ball was out by a yard

You don't need VAR

Open your eyes FFS

Fixed that for you.

And they couldn't open their eyes. They were staring straight into the setting sun the whole game.

That's why we have VAR and was good use of it.

Jeterpool
13-11-2023, 11:29 AM

The Referee has been a professional ref since 2008 from the records I've got, so hardly an L-Plater.

Jeterpool
13-11-2023, 11:38 AM
Silly me, posted this in wrong thread before the game.....

I don't get it anymore....WU in green, refs in flouro green and instead of the obviously different gold kit, we wear white and green.

What was once the "alternate kit" is now a compulsory "away kit", for obvious marketing reasons.

So glad I was a child of the 70s when common sense prevailed. One replica shirt did you five seasons.

And I notice we get the "diversity refs" this week, and the most sterile of the P+ commentary partnerships. Jets attacking and the idiot says "look at the camels".....

No atmos, 3pm in woop woop. APL doesn't care about anyone but the P+ "big four".

I agree with a lot of what you say in general, JM, and some of what you say in the post but I have to challenge part of this too.

Calling the referee the "diversity ref" isn't ok. The gender of a referee doesn't and shouldn't matter - Casey Reibelt is a professional referee in her own right who has completed the course to achieve such a level. In fact I see that have female referee in the center at the highest levels of the game for both men and women is something that should be celebrated and set our game apart from others.

More broadly to all on this forum, not JM specifically, it's been called out on this forum before that this is not a friendly place for women, and it's time we do it again. Many of know each other, but a lot of us don't know who each other are. No matter who we are, the Jets should be what united us and bring us here regardless of gender or anything else. We should all be better.

As for commentary - couldn't agree more. It's as if there isn't an attempt to hide the clear bias in commentary to the big city teams. The Jets men didn't win that match....WU lost it.

Bon
13-11-2023, 01:44 PM
I agree with a lot of what you say in general, JM, and some of what you say in the post but I have to challenge part of this too.

Calling the referee the "diversity ref" isn't ok. The gender of a referee doesn't and shouldn't matter - Casey Reibelt is a professional referee in her own right who has completed the course to achieve such a level. In fact I see that have female referee in the center at the highest levels of the game for both men and women is something that should be celebrated and set our game apart from others.

More broadly to all on this forum, not JM specifically, it's been called out on this forum before that this is not a friendly place for women, and it's time we do it again. Many of know each other, but a lot of us don't know who each other are. No matter who we are, the Jets should be what united us and bring us here regardless of gender or anything else. We should all be better.

As for commentary - couldn't agree more. It's as if there isn't an attempt to hide the clear bias in commentary to the big city teams. The Jets men didn't win that match....WU lost it.

Well said mate, spot on..

Jim
13-11-2023, 06:48 PM

These apparent refs couldn't even get this decision right. Love how most on here think thats ok. Couldn't handle all-age these knobs.

Jeterpool
13-11-2023, 06:54 PM
These apparent refs couldn't even get this decision right. Love how most on here think thats ok. Couldn't handle all-age these knobs.

Go back and have a look at the assistant looking into the sun, and that's on the far side of the field to where they are looking through a number of players. Put yourself in their shoes.

You might not accept it but you can see how doubt creeps in. And if there's doubt, the mandate is to defer to VAR.

Look at the Liverpool game this morning. Exact same scenario. Assistant did the exact same thing from a reaponse and this time VAR said it was in.

Bremsstrahlung
13-11-2023, 07:23 PM
When the goal was given, Scott was absolutely incensed and ran over screaming to the assistant.

I daresay she made a comment that she thinks the ball was out, because after running over to her, he was quickly appeased and they set up for a goal kick.

I think she did her job.

What I don’t like in this situation: I think she should give the ‘soft decision’ and flag and say she thinks the ball was out and make VAR prover her wrong to give the goal. I guess they have been told to give benefit to the attack.
And she was not in a position to definitively say.

Bremsstrahlung
13-11-2023, 07:25 PM

Hear hear.
Foz needs a ?like? function.

Frodo
14-11-2023, 08:42 AM

I'm confused, are you saying that they got this call wrong? Because the referees called this as out, which I agree with. If you think it was in, that's fine. I just want to clarify why you're unhappy with the decision.

I can only assume people are unhappy with the ref because she sits down to pee. I just think people should try it out before they write it off so quickly, sometimes a nice sit down wee is a great way to reset. Especially in the heat when you can get some air down there and cool your giblets before carrying on with your day.

#sitdownonesaresomuchfuns

MFKS
14-11-2023, 10:56 AM
I'm confused, are you saying that they got this call wrong? Because the referees called this as out, which I agree with. If you think it was in, that's fine. I just want to clarify why you're unhappy with the decision.

I can only assume people are unhappy with the ref because she sits down to pee. I just think people should try it out before they write it off so quickly, sometimes a nice sit down wee is a great way to reset. Especially in the heat when you can get some air down there and cool your giblets before carrying on with your day.

#sitdownonesaresomuchfuns

That's very feminine of you and hardly a surprise but you don't need to share that much.

The diversity hire referees were terrible

Stop offering excuses

That shouldn't have went to VAR

You would expect all age officials to get that call right

If these diversity hires are only there to satisfy a quota then it is another blight on the game. Their position is about competence and it should be the most capable at the role.

The diversity hires proved they were out of their depth

Frodo
14-11-2023, 02:19 PM
That's very feminine of you and hardly a surprise but you don't need to share that much.

Stop offering excuses

If these diversity hires are only there to satisfy a quota then it is another blight on the game. Their position is about competence and it should be the most capable at the role.

I love how you still don't know what VAR is and how it's used, completely on point for you.

Bremsstrahlung
14-11-2023, 03:41 PM

Stop offering excuses

Im amused you had a choice to take on the message of Jeterpool’s comment, Foz guidelines and generally speaking not be an obnoxious, sexist, disrespectful dinosaur, and went right ahead and ignored it.

MFKS
14-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Im amused you had a choice to take on the message of Jeterpool’s comment, Foz guidelines and generally speaking not be an obnoxious, sexist, disrespectful dinosaur, and went right ahead and ignored it.

If that offends someone........

My2BobsWorth
17-11-2023, 05:13 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if the mods explained the banning of someone, so that the rest of us may avoid offending them and their associates in the future

boz-monaut
17-11-2023, 07:40 PM
sexist nonsense, worse than the rest of the crap spouted in this thread

and it wasn't me being offended that led to this ban, it was the multiple reports on the post

we mods and admins rarely bother with this forum anymore now that it's gone to shit

Couscous
18-11-2023, 03:44 PM
Bugger, I always miss the moments when the member goes full member.

My2BobsWorth
18-11-2023, 05:06 PM
sexist nonsense, worse than the rest of the crap spouted in this thread

and it wasn't me being offended that led to this ban, it was the multiple reports on the post

we mods and admins rarely bother with this forum anymore now that it's gone to shit

Thanks boz, I see your point of view. My take on it was, if political parties and big companies have female quotas to fill, some might think that FA is going down that path. As for the forum, I think it is more diverse than it's ever been, if you know what I mean

My2BobsWorth
19-11-2023, 07:52 PM
I'm still not at ease with how this has played out, the original complaint wasn't against the member, several people made the same comment but he got banned. There were multiple complaints but from who? In the interest of an open and honest forum, and considering it caused a banning of a long time member, who made the complaints

plague
19-11-2023, 09:41 PM
who made the complaints

Me.

Then i logged into 22 of my other multis and complained as well.

Then he got banned.

Then i laughed because its the member and thats exactly what he wants.

Now please get out of the way so we can continue the circle of life its derby week ffs.

Hail Griff.

Griff.

Bremsstrahlung
19-11-2023, 10:49 PM
I'm still not at ease with how this has played out, the original complaint wasn't against the member, several people made the same comment but he got banned. There were multiple complaints but from who? In the interest of an open and honest forum, and considering it caused a banning of a long time member, who made the complaints

What’s difficult to understand?

There were a few comments made regarding the female referee, making the errors because she was a female. More comments about it being diversity hire.
Jeterpool, called the comments out, in a very respectful and polite manner with an aim to educate and perhaps make people aware how their comments may be portrayed, even if they were not intended that way.

Then immediately after, MFKS continued to use the phrases that were specifically called out and then added a little bit of member for good measure.

Rule number 1 is be respectful. JP respectfully asked that terms not be used and urged us all to be more mindful of our comments and MFKS was deliberately antagonising.

It doesn’t matter who reported it. I wish I did. But what does it matter if I did?

This place used to be a bunch of supporters of the jets to have like minded conversation and banter and chat football.
We give rugby league a fair bit of shit, but you head on over to their forum…every thread is full of respectful conversation, no arguments or anybody deliberately antagonising people.

19-11-2023, 11:40 PM
What’s difficult to understand?

There were a few comments made regarding the female referee, making the errors because she was a female. More comments about it being diversity hire.
Jeterpool, called the comments out, in a very respectful and polite manner with an aim to educate and perhaps make people aware how their comments may be portrayed, even if they were not intended that way.

Then immediately after, MFKS continued to use the phrases that were specifically called out and then added a little bit of member for good measure.

Rule number 1 is be respectful. JP respectfully asked that terms not be used and urged us all to be more mindful of our comments and MFKS was deliberately antagonising.

It doesn’t matter who reported it. I wish I did. But what does it matter if I did?

This place used to be a bunch of supporters of the jets to have like minded conversation and banter and chat football.
We give rugby league a fair bit of shit, but you head on over to their forum…every thread is full of respectful conversation, no arguments or anybody deliberately antagonising people.

Whats this, League supporters read and write ?.

Frodo
20-11-2023, 08:34 AM
Whats this, League supporters read and write ?.

They have grunt to text converter apps on iPhones now.

Bremsstrahlung
20-11-2023, 10:13 AM
I was equally amazed. Funnily enough, there was more chat on there about Matilda’s WC than on here. Quite a big interest in the Women’s NRL team and competition too.

My2BobsWorth
21-11-2023, 05:03 PM
What?s difficult to understand?

It doesn?t matter who reported it. I wish I did. But what does it matter if I did?

We give rugby league a fair bit of shit, but you head on over to their forum?every thread is full of respectful conversation, no arguments or anybody deliberately antagonising people.

A friendly warning and a week off would have been ample. It's like sending someone to the electric chair for a parking infringement, that's all I'll say, carry on

Frodo
21-11-2023, 05:44 PM
A friendly warning and a week off would have been ample. It's like sending someone to the electric chair for a parking infringement, that's all I'll say, carry on

I feel like you have forgotten who it was that was banned. The Membah would probably average at least a ban for every year he's been on the forum. He knows the rules, he just doesn't exactly care for them. Which is genuinely funny (re:silly) most of the time, but sometimes he gets a bit too 'Member-y' and needs some time away. At which point, he comes back with as little care for the rules as he had before and we wait to see how he causes his next inevitable 'time out'.

It's the circle of life of a local troll basically.

plague
21-11-2023, 10:33 PM

Jesus Christ mate start a ****ing telethon for the bloke why dont you.

Youre currently the only one missing him. Even he is glad hes kicked.

He'll be back, and he'll do it all again.

Until then, its derby week ****ern.

Hail Griff.

Jim
22-11-2023, 03:48 PM

Stop offering excuses

Actually membah has a point here. There is a quota system happening and in this case she got it wrong by quite a bit. Not saying the other 4 genders get it right either.
Being privileged White Woke males its great to see you majorly go on the hysterical defensive because one of the 4 big ABC groups get a bad wrap.

Now get back on the socials and pretend to feel good about yourselves. And dont watch Benny Hill rerun you might lose your mind :roflz:

Jeterpool
22-11-2023, 09:53 PM
I've been on this forum for a very long time, even before the reboots, and I've never felt like I've wanted to leave until now.

Congratulations. Have your place for closed minded views.

I'm out.

Frodo
24-11-2023, 12:34 PM
I've been on this forum for a very long time, even before the reboots, and I've never felt like I've wanted to leave until now.

Congratulations. Have your place for closed minded views.

I'm out.

Man I miss the old foz. More silliness, less nonsense and way less ****wits. I even miss Skirt Boy and his filthy Spudlove.

We want less political bullshit talk and more pool party talk, I would even accept a few conversations about the Jets if we absolutely have to.

Bon
24-11-2023, 03:12 PM
Seriously, what on earth is going on around here..

I hope you aren't for real, Jeterpool! We need legends like you on the foz!

My2BobsWorth
24-11-2023, 04:07 PM
Man I miss the old foz. More silliness, less nonsense and way less ****wits. I even miss Skirt Boy and his filthy Spudlove.

We want less political bullshit talk and more pool party talk, I would even accept a few conversations about the Jets if we absolutely have to.

Everyone remembers things differently. The young blokes who were bullied off the forum by the squadron nerds would disagree with you, one of the reasons I joined up. I have been here since before the reset also

q-money
25-11-2023, 11:07 PM
great to see brisbane beating the gypos today, meaning that there is no chance we will win in two weeks time

i thought they were our pals

you heard it here first