PDA

View Full Version : 2024 Premier Youth Leagues

Pages : [1] 2

Aegon
13-11-2023, 11:46 AM
Time for the 2024 thread as we are already in pre-season for some clubs.

Posting Guidelines:
1. Be respectful of your fellow football fans. Repeated knobheadedness will result in being banned.
2. Don't be a racist, bigot or homophobe. You will be banned.
3. Spammers, you will be banned. If you register a new username & spam - your IP will then be banned.
4. If you intend to advertise - its manners to ask permission first. Send an email to info@newcastlefootball.net
If you don't - please refer to point 3.
5. Our local football forums are a thriving community of NNSWFF participants but there have been issues in the past. Please don't pass rumours off as fact, naming individuals especially in a negative light and abuse of fellow users. If this occurs, the local football subforum may have it's access restricted or locked altogether.
6. Opposition supporters are welcome and encouraged to participate. Trolling will result in being banned. Being a Coastie troll will get you banned quicker.
7. If you post a poll, slobs must be one of the options or the poll is invalid.
8. Listen to the admins & mods. Picking fights with them is unwise (but laughably people still try).
9. Do not assume anonymity. Admins & mods reserve the right to post your name and club affiliations should you be abusive, troll other users, generally be argumentative or any other reason at our discretion.

Unhappygreek
14-11-2023, 10:17 AM
I was told yesterday Magic have picked up some very good coaches in the 14s ( assistant coach )15 s, 16s and 18s
Some well known names that will be a great acquisition to the club

Dreamtime Yowie
14-11-2023, 10:53 AM
I’ve heard the same. I’ll go as far as saying their coaching lineup is better than most when you look at the names. Definitely better than what they have at the Jets. Every single coach there is an ex NPL 1st grader. Maybe that’s why they don’t have a TD because it doesn’t sound like they need one.

Unhappygreek
16-11-2023, 12:54 PM
I see another tracksuit for the new Edgy u14s coach surely his cupboard is full by now !The guy has had more clubs than Tiger Woods.

Reds Forever
16-11-2023, 03:41 PM
Surely their new TD beats him for more clubs. TD appears to be doing two clubs next year in Edgy and Singo.

Bremsstrahlung
16-11-2023, 06:19 PM
Let’s see if we can keep this thread open long enough to see 2024.

Unhappygreek
16-11-2023, 08:07 PM
What?s wrong with this thread ?
there?s no lies in what?s been said

KITZ
16-11-2023, 09:04 PM
What?s wrong with this thread ?
there?s no lies in what?s been said

Honestly, half the time stuff gets pulled for being the truth so :woo::woo: lolz.

Bremsstrahlung
16-11-2023, 09:25 PM
Just a general statement.
Most years, this is the first thread to go.

Glad you had 2 years away from the Foz being a ‘happygreek, hope the happiness continues into 2024.

Edit: glad you were happy, not that you were away from the foz. To clarify.

Unhappygreek
17-11-2023, 12:14 PM
who is Foz? and what are you talking about being away for 2 years ?

Unhappygreek
18-11-2023, 11:40 AM
Who on here went to the coaching course last night ? was well run i thought and a good chance to catch up with fellow coaches.

TopCorner
18-11-2023, 01:12 PM
Who on here went to the coaching course last night ? was well run i thought and a good chance to catch up with fellow coaches.
The only Grip i have is why was that Brollo guy there ? he doesn?t even coach a team
picking up cones doesn't count as coaching does it ?

Give it a rest Roy, I?m assuming the user name ToxicMagician was already taken?

You might find the following useful

http://www.english-for-students.com/What-is-the-difference-between-Grip-and-Gripe.html

Unhappygreek
18-11-2023, 01:30 PM
Not sure who Roy is topcorner but you have guessed wrong

TopCorner
18-11-2023, 01:54 PM
Anyway. Looks like the pre season cup is back in PYL in 2024, if with a slightly different format with three games guaranteed per team.

18th 25th Feb
3rd Mar

Would have been a logistical nightmare last year but thought that it was a good way to start the season.

Thoughts?

Aegon
18-11-2023, 02:36 PM
The only Grip i have is why was that Brollo guy there ? he doesn?t even coach a team
picking up cones doesn't count as coaching does it ?

I am assuming since you want to call out people by name you would be happy for me to show your registered email addresses for this and your other registered usernames that have used the same IP address?

Captain_Carl
18-11-2023, 03:23 PM
Stop being a clown Roy. Everyone knows it is you. If anyone wants to meet Roy, the keyboard warrior in person just turn up to a Magic youth day and you will see him

Captain_Carl
18-11-2023, 03:40 PM
Anyway. Looks like the pre season cup is back in PYL in 2024, if with a slightly different format with three games guaranteed per team.

18th 25th Feb
3rd Mar

Would have been a logistical nightmare last year but thought that it was a good way to start the season.

Thoughts?

Will it include North Coast, Mid Coast, NIAS? That is where the logistics can get tricky. Last year the teams who did not have to travel to those places for games thought it was a pretty decent concept, the ones who did have to travel were not so receptive.

plague
18-11-2023, 07:24 PM
Hey Captain Carl, who are you throwing your support behind this season?

Jim
18-11-2023, 08:50 PM

Nah, Brollo has more integrity than your lot put together. He has a good radar for grubs. enjoy big man.

Captain_Carl
19-11-2023, 12:38 AM
Hey Captain Carl, who are you throwing your support behind this season?

We're the team from the coast
We're the team that win the most
We are the Phoenix - Valentine!

Bremsstrahlung
19-11-2023, 12:57 PM
who is Foz? and what are you talking about being away for 2 years ?

Just in relation to your post history.
Last group of posts were 2 years ago after your child was cut from Olympic - and you were ‘unhappy’ about it and Olympic.

Assume you had a good few years as there were no posts until recently when some of them are in relation to one coach.

Was just saying I was glad you had a good couple of years and didn’t feel the need to come to the forum (the Foz) to call anyone out. That’s all!

Hope 2024 brings you some happiness.

plague
19-11-2023, 03:43 PM
We're the team from the coast
We're the team that win the most
We are the Phoenix - Valentine!

See, while you lot are out there picking on our man roy and bagging coaches you dont like, your boy plague is getting answers to the big questions.

All the best for the season captain carl. Valo are doing a great job hope the working familes out that way havent let the cost of living crisis hurt them too much and they have some leftover cash for a trumpet or two.

Enjoy your football everyone.

Cheers,
plague.

Unhappygreek
19-11-2023, 03:57 PM
The reason i have been away is that my Boy left to play league for the mighty Kotara Bears
and has been happy there for the last 2 seasons.

Taffy
20-11-2023, 09:19 AM

18th 25th Feb
3rd Mar

Thoughts?

I've been told they are friendlies and not a pre-season cup. A few clubs complained about having to be in a competition which meant that coaches couldn't try out kids in different positions.

TopCorner
21-11-2023, 12:27 AM
I've been told they are friendlies and not a pre-season cup. A few clubs complained about having to be in a competition which meant that coaches couldn't try out kids in different positions.

Makes sense? but if that?s the case do we really need NNSWF arranging trial games for us?

Taffy
21-11-2023, 09:16 AM
Makes sense? but if that?s the case do we really need NNSWF arranging trial games for us?

Well indeed, but just have the cup. Any coach or TD who thinks they can't try out kids in different positions in a mickey mouse cup really should look at themselves since their aim is to win a $10 trophy that no one will remember who won by the end of the year.

sapdad
21-11-2023, 09:52 AM
A few clubs complained about having to be in a competition which meant that coaches couldn't try out kids in different positions.

Any coach worried about this shouldnt be coaching kids at NPL level.

Taffy
21-11-2023, 09:58 AM
Shame on Northern for buying into it and validating those worries by abolishing the competition.

Hunter403
21-11-2023, 12:37 PM
Any coach worried about this shouldnt be coaching kids at NPL level.

I agree that as a coach you shouldn't be worried about the score, but you should be concerned as to the training benefit you get from such games. You also seem to have forgotten that this is'nt the NPL, it is a combination of what was the NPL and NL1. They don't exisit in youth anymore.

I question what a total mismatch provides for either team in the way of training benefit. In preseason I want both my attack and defence tested, not just one. I watched a team fall behing 10-0 in the first 15 minutes last year. Neither team gained anything from that game and it was a totally wasted training opportunity.

I would be happy if the pre season competition remained, but perhaps limiting the games to teams in your own division.

Taffy
21-11-2023, 12:43 PM
I would be happy if the pre season competition remained, but perhaps limiting the games to teams in your own division.

The pre-season cup was limited to teams in their own division (with the exception of New Lambton and Cooks Hill having just gone up and to make up the numbers across plate and cup). This year with the groups now as even as possible, it would've been just the Div 2 teams in the plater and just the Div 1 teams in the cup.

JustMe
21-11-2023, 03:30 PM
Ill give Northern a wrap for trying a youth cup. I thought the preseason cup was a waste of time. Just organise trials against similar opposition.

travellingman
23-11-2023, 11:12 AM
Very interesting read from Football West

https://www.footballwest.com.au/news/football-west-releases-junior-football-review

Taffy
23-11-2023, 01:32 PM
Very interesting read from Football West

https://www.footballwest.com.au/news/football-west-releases-junior-football-review

Nice to see that Northern weren't the last to adopt this sort of thing. Amazing we still have people who think the old system was better for the kids.

A lot of what these findings are is what Northern are doing/want to do. They really need to just ignore the people who have their own agenda to benefit themselves/their club and those who say "it was better in my day", because it really wasn't

Jim
30-11-2023, 07:19 PM
Nice to see that Northern weren't the last to adopt this sort of thing. Amazing we still have people who think the old system was better for the kids.

A lot of what these findings are is what Northern are doing/want to do. They really need to just ignore the people who have their own agenda to benefit themselves/their club and those who say "it was better in my day", because it really wasn't

You did read they want to basically dismantle npl youth? We havent done that here yet

TopCorner
30-11-2023, 11:29 PM
Interesting admin edits in this thread ? somethings okay others not.

Last out turn the lights off.

Bremsstrahlung
01-12-2023, 08:27 AM

Historically, iirc, the forum was subject to some legal threats following public naming, allegations and hearsay.
It’s pretty easy to come on here, make a username, name, slander and make comments on a public forum that are viewable to everyone, and disappear.

If people want to make personal allegations against coaches, committee members or clubs, do it on Facebook or face to face. Anonymity is a privilege and we have a responsibility to respect that and eachother.

For the most part, the forum is a great place with different opinions and ideas. But lately there’s either lots of trolls coming in, multis with an agenda or just keyboard warriors happy to hide and slander.

Seriously, the most childish arguments come from a thread about youth football. Presumably, you aren’t the young players coming on here, you should be the adults, parents or supporters.

Before you post. If you wouldn’t be happy to attach your name at the end to field any complaints or legal teams, maybe think about deleting or rewording the post.

Jim
01-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Historically, iirc, the forum was subject to some legal threats following public naming, allegations and hearsay.
It’s pretty easy to come on here, make a username, name, slander and make comments on a public forum that are viewable to everyone, and disappear.

If people want to make personal allegations against coaches, committee members or clubs, do it on Facebook or face to face. Anonymity is a privilege and we have a responsibility to respect that and eachother.

For the most part, the forum is a great place with different opinions and ideas. But lately there’s either lots of trolls coming in, multis with an agenda or just keyboard warriors happy to hide and slander.

Seriously, the most childish arguments come from a thread about youth football. Presumably, you aren’t the young players coming on here, you should be the adults, parents or supporters.

Before you post. If you wouldn’t be happy to attach your name at the end to field any complaints or legal teams, maybe think about deleting or rewording the post.

So you calling someone a "dinosaur" isnt ageist or disrespectful? See, you guys have selected offended syndrome. When its about one of your cry groups its an instant crime. You need to understand that people who were here before you, who set up your society and everything you need to live, have honed their own opinions over many years through experiences. And some will hold onto these. Youll do the same and change the values you have now. Anyway enjoy the hypocritical ride :blink:

Taffy
01-12-2023, 09:29 AM
You did read they want to basically dismantle npl youth? We havent done that here yet

I read this

Promotion/relegation to occur at every level between U13 and U18
Provide the opportunity for talented players to play the recommended minimum number of games (30) for developmental purposes
End the current Boys Junior NPL competition structure and introduce a simple divisional structure, ensuring entry and exit mechanisms between the current Boys Junior NPL and the community competitions. This is set to be implemented from 2025

Almost what has been done here. There is no NPL Youth in NNSWF anymore, they have promotion/relegation, they have increased the number of games (though some people think it needs to be less).

Dreamtime Yowie
01-12-2023, 09:45 AM

Yes I noticed this also. Now that comment has been deleted also. You either leave all the comments or delete all the comments. Picking and choosing because one coaches your kid whilst leaving up comments that call NPL coaches and clubs grubs is very hypocritical don?t you think Ageon?
Threats of exposing our names etc, I don?t care. Hopefully your sucking up gets the young fella a start.

Bremsstrahlung
01-12-2023, 09:50 AM
So you calling someone a "dinosaur" isnt ageist or disrespectful? See, you guys have selected offended syndrome. When its about one of your cry groups its an instant crime. You need to understand that people who were here before you, who set up your society and everything you need to live, have honed their own opinions over many years through experiences. And some will hold onto these. Youll do the same and change the values you have now. Anyway enjoy the hypocritical ride :blink:

I love dinosaurs.
Dinosaur is one of the nicer things MFKS has been called. How is it ageist? I have no idea how old he or she is. I’m not discriminating against him because of his age. It was in response directly to his comments.

It’s not ageist to challenge somebodies ideas that I believe are outdated.

Do you think it’s okay to come here name somebody and say bad things about them on the public forum?

Aegon
01-12-2023, 10:25 AM
Yes I noticed this also. Now that comment has been deleted also. You either leave all the comments or delete all the comments. Picking and choosing because one coaches your kid whilst leaving up comments that call NPL coaches and clubs grubs is very hypocritical don?t you think Ageon?
Threats of exposing our names etc, I don?t care. Hopefully your sucking up gets the young fella a start.

:violin:

Dreamtime Yowie
01-12-2023, 10:37 AM
:violin:

:whistling:

Aegon
01-12-2023, 10:51 AM
A reminder for everyone of the posting guidelines as it would be great if this thread could actually last until the start of the actual season.

1. Be respectful of your fellow football fans. Repeated knobheadedness will result in being banned.
3. Spammers, you will be banned. If you register a new username & spam - your IP will then be banned.
4. If you intend to advertise - its manners to ask permission first. Send an email to info@newcastlefootball.net
5. Our local football forums are a thriving community of NNSWFF participants but there have been issues in the past. Please don't pass rumours off as fact, naming individuals especially in a negative light and abuse of fellow users. If this occurs, the local football subforum may have it's access restricted or locked altogether.
6. Opposition supporters are welcome and encouraged to participate. Trolling will result in being banned. Being a Coastie troll will get you banned quicker.
8. Listen to the admins & mods. Picking fights with them is unwise (but laughably people still try).
9. Do not assume anonymity. Admins & mods reserve the right to post your name and club affiliations should you be abusive, troll other users, generally be argumentative or any other reason at our discretion.

Dreamtime Yowie
02-12-2023, 11:00 AM
A reminder for everyone of the posting guidelines as it would be great if this thread could actually last until the start of the actual season.

There’s that post again. Does this apply to you also?

Aegon
02-12-2023, 03:56 PM
There’s that post again. Does this apply to you also?

Refer back to point 1 sentence 2 before posting again.

KITZ
03-12-2023, 09:56 AM
Refer back to point 1 sentence 2 before posting again.

An adult response would have been.

"Yes the rules apply to me and ill ensure that I'm not being offensive if someone has raised an issue with a post i have made and consider that with increased power comes increased responsibilities."

Problem solved. It's not terribly difficult to not be antagonistic on purpose 🤣

Dreamtime Yowie
05-12-2023, 12:23 PM
An adult response would have been.

"Yes the rules apply to me and ill ensure that I'm not being offensive if someone has raised an issue with a post i have made and consider that with increased power comes increased responsibilities."

Problem solved. It's not terribly difficult to not be antagonistic on purpose ��

No he wants to let us know he has power to block us and name us. I haven?t said anything bad :sigh:

Macca
05-12-2023, 12:53 PM
:popcorn:

sapdad
05-12-2023, 01:44 PM
Does anyone on here know how Torontos youth recruiting is going?I have already heard there will be clubs not fielding some NPL youth age groups again this season.

Aegon
05-12-2023, 01:52 PM
Does anyone on here know how Torontos youth recruiting is going?I have already heard there will be clubs not fielding some NPL youth age groups again this season.

The last I heard, they were confident of fielding all teams.

sapdad
05-12-2023, 02:49 PM
The last I heard, they were confident of fielding all teams.

Thats good to hear.

Captain_Carl
06-12-2023, 03:42 PM

Out of interest which clubs are you hearing might not be fielding teams?

sapdad
06-12-2023, 03:57 PM

I am not going to say because hopefully things have changed over the last few weeks and they have found a solution.I would rather not be responsible for scaring potential recruits away.Hopefully if theres any kids out there that still want an opportunity at the NPL level its not too late to get a spot somewhere.Draws usually come out around this time of year so it might be a bit clearer then if any clubs have come up short.

The Hacker
06-12-2023, 05:20 PM
I am not going to say because hopefully things have changed over the last few weeks and they have found a solution.I would rather not be responsible for scaring potential recruits away.Hopefully if theres any kids out there that still want an opportunity at the NPL level its not too late to get a spot somewhere.Draws usually come out around this time of year so it might be a bit clearer then if any clubs have come up short.

With no punishment for not fielding a team. Why would a club enter a team that will be beat each week. That?s just giving every other club 3 free points. Azzurri didn?t field a side last year and every team didn?t get 3 points for a bye. It?s actually smart if you are looking at having an average side

Eastwest
06-12-2023, 05:28 PM
With no punishment for not fielding a team. Why would a club enter a team that will be beat each week. That?s just giving every other club 3 free points. Azzurri didn?t field a side last year and every team didn?t get 3 points for a bye. It?s actually smart if you are looking at having an average side

Must be difficult having 3 or 4 grades out of the 5. Instantly put into the 3rd div when the tables break away. But theres the chance to build up the full quota for next year.

Probably better to have no youth then to have 1 or 2 teams. Well played Stags.

Taffy
06-12-2023, 05:34 PM

Charlestown finished bottom of the club championship and are now in Div2. Seems they got all their teams but they had their years grace so got away with it. Important to note that Toronto did want to field 2 teams last season but were told they can't, had promotion and relegation been in this year they wouldn't have been going up due to not having teams (seems like a punishment to me).

The Hacker
06-12-2023, 08:35 PM
Charlestown finished bottom of the club championship and are now in Div2. Seems they got all their teams but they had their years grace so got away with it. Important to note that Toronto did want to field 2 teams last season but were told they can't, had promotion and relegation been in this year they wouldn't have been going up due to not having teams (seems like a punishment to me).

From my understanding you are only allowed to have 1 team missing for 1 year

Dreamtime Yowie
07-12-2023, 09:14 AM

They couldn’t field teams and finished bottom but they didn’t miss parents with rego costs,ex jets players don’t come cheap.

Taffy
07-12-2023, 09:17 AM
They couldn’t field teams and finished bottom but they didn’t miss parents with rego costs,ex jets players don’t come cheap.

Perhaps they are one of the few NPL clubs not using the JDL and PYL rego fees to pay for players.

Dreamtime Yowie
07-12-2023, 03:39 PM
Perhaps they are one of the few NPL clubs not using the JDL and PYL rego fees to pay for players.

Perhaps, but highly doubt it. They all do it, money goes into same accounts in the end. But if I was a club that couldn’t fill all teams I’d try make it more appealing to attract players and lower rego would be a start especially if I’m in lower grades.
Or you could be like another club that wears the same colours and use the money to pay YOUTH players regos to sign them ����*♂️

Taffy
07-12-2023, 04:17 PM
Or you could be like another club that wears the same colours and use the money to pay YOUTH players regos to sign them ����*♂️

Which club is offering free rego to some youth players?

ForeverRed
07-12-2023, 05:28 PM
It?s obvious there?s to many youth teams in the area, NPL , NL1, way to many,

sapdad
07-12-2023, 10:49 PM

I disagree.The more youth wanting to play at their highest possible level is a good thing.Its more about getting the structure right so winning and development are put in the right places.I feel the current system is doing a much better job of achieving that.Happy for the structure to keep tweaking to keep getting better outcomes.

Jim
08-12-2023, 10:22 AM
I disagree.The more youth wanting to play at their highest possible level is a good thing.Its more about getting the structure right so winning and development are put in the right places.I feel the current system is doing a much better job of achieving that.Happy for the structure to keep tweaking to keep getting better outcomes.

Disagree. We definitely dont have enough players to cover 24 teams at a competitive level. We did well this year by breaking into 3 divisions.

The only thing we can do next is divide the 3 divisions at individual ages where a club might have 13s in A 14s in B 16s in c etc. But iirc this is too hard for clubs to administer.

Most importantly imo is to have the C licence coaching course at a much more affordable cost. $1000 is a rort. Females had a chance to do this for free with nnsw, males have to pay. Better coaches at ALL clubs is the answer.

Taffy
08-12-2023, 10:30 AM
At least with JDL and about half the clubs having 2 teams the number of players coming through at a competitive level is increasing. Since a club can't take all players from both teams those other players will have to filter through to other clubs.

sapdad
08-12-2023, 11:34 AM
Disagree. We definitely dont have enough players to cover 24 teams at a competitive level. We did well this year by breaking into 3 divisions.

So you disagree with my point then in the exact next sentence repeat the exact point you just disagreed with.

Thomas477
09-12-2023, 08:59 AM
Anyone else see that Newcastle Basketball is planning on developing Blackley and Wallarah ovals?

I’m not sure if they still being used for premier youth football, but there’s another 3 fields the sport is losing.

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/8452926/newcastles-new-basketball-stadium-funding-comes-up-short/?cs=305

Jim
09-12-2023, 11:03 AM

FR said that there are too many npl npl1 youth teams and you disagreed with that. right? So imo he was correct. and by tweaking the 3rd division which is hardly npl level so less clubs at top level. 8 teams in 1st, 8 in 2nd.

The best thing about this structure is that all Npl nl1 teams should have better coaching than community teams and we know that isnt the case either.

sapdad
09-12-2023, 12:01 PM
FR said that there are too many npl npl1 youth teams and you disagreed with that. right? So imo he was correct. and by tweaking the 3rd division which is hardly npl level so less clubs at top level. 8 teams in 1st, 8 in 2nd.

Because theres not 'too many teams' its just how they are structured,which we all agree with.I like the current structure but there will be floggings in the 1st part of the season.But thats ok because until the teams are exposed to what the highest level is they can never aspire to it or even begin to look prepared for it.Look at what Lakes/Cooks Hill and New Lambton are doing vs clubs like Wallsend and Adamstown.Closing off the top level gives clubs no hope to get better,and lets established clubs rest on their laurels.In my opinion thats not the best way forward.

sapdad
09-12-2023, 12:07 PM
and by tweaking the 3rd division which is hardly npl level

There are plenty of very talented players in the 3rd tier.The very top of the top tier just tends to have 16 very good players,where as the further down the ladder you go theres just less of them per team.Just as much success in NPL youth can be put down to recruitment vs coaching,which annoys me and it goes back to your point about coaching standards.I saw a lot of really poorly coached teams in the finals in NPL and NL1 last year,but clubs would rather see better players be brought in rather than improve the coaching standards as long as they are winning.

Hunter403
09-12-2023, 08:13 PM
There are plenty of very talented players in the 3rd tier.The very top of the top tier just tends to have 16 very good players,where as the further down the ladder you go theres just less of them per team.Just as much success in NPL youth can be put down to recruitment vs coaching,which annoys me and it goes back to your point about coaching standards.I saw a lot of really poorly coached teams in the finals in NPL and NL1 last year,but clubs would rather see better players be brought in rather than improve the coaching standards as long as they are winning.

I would argue that currently recruiting in PYL wins out over coaching when it comes to results. Coaching in what was NL1 youth is far harder than in what was NPL youth because of the difference in player quality. I know as I have done it. At the lower level you are educating players in skills that the kids in the higher level already have.
However, in saying that you are being pretty harsh on coaches that got their teams to finals. What do you consider a "really poorly coached team"?

The Bear
09-12-2023, 10:32 PM
I would argue that currently recruiting in PYL wins out over coaching when it comes to results. Coaching in what was NL1 youth is far harder than in what was NPL youth because of the difference in player quality. I know as I have done it. At the lower level you are educating players in skills that the kids in the higher level already have.
However, in saying that you are being pretty harsh on coaches that got their teams to finals. What do you consider a "really poorly coached team"?

I SMH whenever I read people on here talk about development and player quality. The kids are playing in a low standard league in a city that loves footy in a country that doesn?t give a hoot about soccer. What are kids being developed for? Parents egos? Clubs and private coaches bank accounts?

Kids should win all the medals they can and coaches should be applauded for helping them do that. Development? Don?t make me laugh. Life?s too short. Let the kids enjoy winning because it don?t last long and no kid playing NPL in Newy is going to make a living from the game.

Jim
09-12-2023, 11:03 PM
But thats ok because until the teams are exposed to what the highest level is they can never aspire to it or even begin to look prepared for it.Look at what Lakes/Cooks Hill and New Lambton are doing vs clubs like Wallsend and Adamstown.Closing off the top level gives clubs no hope to get better,and lets established clubs rest on their laurels.In my opinion thats not the best way forward.

Cooks Hill got walloped in all youth grades, New Lambton did a little better. That point doesnt make sense to me. We did expose all clubs to all levels in the 1st round and found many of the games were a 1 sided farce. Happened for years. I didnt see many if any kids like being exposed to 7 8 9 10 nil routs. And the winning teams learned very little. It didnt work. Having the 3 divisions was a big improvement which most of us agree. Of course there a a couple of good players in div 3 but there isnt many. Its up to clubs to build and hopefully coach their teams into competitive clubs. Or those few should players can trial for div 1.

We need a competitive comps. Having individual age groups occupying the top divisions would be ideal but it seems to difficult for logistics.

KITZ
09-12-2023, 11:08 PM
I SMH whenever I read people on here talk about development and player quality. The kids are playing in a low standard league in a city that loves footy in a country that doesn?t give a hoot about soccer. What are kids being developed for? Parents egos? Clubs and private coaches bank accounts?

Kids should win all the medals they can and coaches should be applauded for helping them do that. Development? Don?t make me laugh. Life?s too short. Let the kids enjoy winning because it don?t last long and no kid playing NPL in Newy is going to make a living from the game.

Been here 5 minutes? because if you had anything to do with the sport you wouldn't be calling it soccer. go somewhere else.

There is quite a few kids from newy both past and present who have made money from playing, both locally, at higher levels and overseas.

go find something else to do with your time.

Jim
09-12-2023, 11:09 PM

Certain coaches in certain clubs. Large majority are pretty good to very good. Its a select few. Think of those teams that have an egotistical loud mouth coach. They are arrogant, usual do what every they want, are obnoxious to the kids and ultimately don't teach the kids a good technical game or how to be a decent human. Now think hard where you have seen this. Ive seen a few. And some mentioned on here. end of.

The Bear
15-12-2023, 05:57 PM
Been here 5 minutes? because if you had anything to do with the sport you wouldn't be calling it soccer. go somewhere else.

There is quite a few kids from newy both past and present who have made money from playing, both locally, at higher levels and overseas.

So you?d be one of those ego parents? Little Jimmy gonna be the one that makes it from this generation is he?

Taffy
15-12-2023, 06:02 PM
Anyone else see that Newcastle Basketball is planning on developing Blackley and Wallarah ovals?

I’m not sure if they still being used for premier youth football, but there’s another 3 fields the sport is losing.

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/8452926/newcastles-new-basketball-stadium-funding-comes-up-short/?cs=305

Yes I saw that it Council's plan with it. Not only losing it from our sport but also from cricket as well. Not sure why they just can't redevelop the existing basketball stadium. Or build one on all the land they currently have.

Watch out for what Nelmes and Clausen and their best friend Bath have in plan for Magic Park too, lot of money to upgrade Meyer's Park no doubt may be taking back Magic Park.

My2BobsWorth
15-12-2023, 07:58 PM

Most of the people who got it to this stage called it soccer and that's what it is

KITZ
16-12-2023, 02:39 PM
Most of the people who got it to this stage called it soccer and that's what it is

lol, name some?

KITZ
16-12-2023, 02:39 PM
Yes I saw that it Council's plan with it. Not only losing it from our sport but also from cricket as well. Not sure why they just can't redevelop the existing basketball stadium. Or build one on all the land they currently have.

Watch out for what Nelmes and Clausen and their best friend Bath have in plan for Magic Park too, lot of money to upgrade Meyer's Park no doubt may be taking back Magic Park.

Land there is owned by the state government not the council. it is also part of the state plan redevelopment.

KITZ
16-12-2023, 02:46 PM
So you?d be one of those ego parents? Little Jimmy gonna be the one that makes it from this generation is he?

lol, can you read? there are HEAPS of kids that have come through locally that are paid to play football, right here in Newcastle. The only one blowing things out of proportion here is you.

Also, your argument is old, go back to like I don't know 2019, or any of the other years now locked post and you can read this boring old argument that you have come here as to start again because you think you are the first one to give it a go. Everyone else has moved on to how to develop the game in the area, not have a cry because obviously your kid must have missed out this year, so now you have come here to have a bag on and hope that someone else joins you to validate your miserable existence.

Bremsstrahlung
17-12-2023, 11:41 AM
Yes, the reality is that not many of these kids will play for the Socceroos or Matilda’s. That’s just facts and maths and probability and goes for almost any junior footballer in the world.

But that shouldn’t stop us trying to develop kids to the best they can be, on and off the pitch. And there are plenty of avenues to make money or be successful or get great joy from this game.

Football is a pyramid. Start off with a bunch of kids at the bottom and gradually they move their way up the pyramid or off the pyramid.
JDL should be taking as many teams as they can, accessible for any club that can provide the coaching required. At this point I don’t think there’s anything to gain by limiting numbers or clubs that can provide this.

NPL Youth should be a little more selective. But again, I think any club that can meet criteria should be eligible to apply and field teams.

I think it should be a prerequisite for senior NPL clubs. There should be a responsibility for clubs in “giving” and sharing some of their expertise to the next generation. But, not limited to. If a club like Warners Bay (just a a random club not currently NPL) have a large junior base, coaches on board with relevant qualifications and ability to field teams, they should be able to. Some clubs do development better at different stages.

How they operate the season with potentially splitting ages and promotion and relegation is ,for me, the tricky part.

Taffy
18-12-2023, 09:35 AM
JDL should be taking as many teams as they can, accessible for any club that can provide the coaching required. At this point I don’t think there’s anything to gain by limiting numbers or clubs that can provide this.

While I agree that the more the better, I think just saying anyone and everyone won't be beneficial, we already see some clubs take two teams for the sake of it, yet the second team is just to make up numbers (and extra rego), chucking a parent in who doesn't know how to coach to coach and then just dropping them all off at the end of U12s. While it can be opened up there needs to be some base requirements and then overseeing to make sure those requirements are continually met.

NPL Youth should be a little more selective. But again, I think any club that can meet criteria should be eligible to apply and field teams.

I think it should be a prerequisite for senior NPL clubs. There should be a responsibility for clubs in “giving” and sharing some of their expertise to the next generation. But, not limited to. If a club like Warners Bay (just a a random club not currently NPL) have a large junior base, coaches on board with relevant qualifications and ability to field teams, they should be able to. Some clubs do development better at different stages.

Despite there no longer being NPL Youth, I do believe clubs like Warners Bay can enter the Youth Premier League provided they have a full complement of teams as their senior teams are in the premier competitions pyramid.

Jim
19-12-2023, 06:21 PM

for sure. We dont have the cattle to fill the teams we have now.

There should be a responsibility for clubs in “giving” and sharing some of their expertise to the next generation. But, not limited to. If a club like Warners Bay (just a a random club not currently NPL) have a large junior base, coaches on board with relevant qualifications and ability to field teams, they should be able to.

That would benefit the npl club as well as they can call on selected players to join their club

KITZ
19-01-2024, 10:44 AM
Can someone please explain why people are allowed to come here and disparage kids and the entire comp, yet when you respond to what is being said then you get an infraction???

why is it appropriate to bag out young people playing football in Newcastle, but when you respond in kind to an ADULT, then its a problem?

"I SMH whenever I read people on here talk about development and player quality. The kids are playing in a low standard league in a city that loves footy in a country that doesn?t give a hoot about soccer. What are kids being developed for? Parents egos? Clubs and private coaches bank accounts?"

"So you?d be one of those ego parents? Little Jimmy gonna be the one that makes it from this generation is he?"

Aegon
19-01-2024, 05:30 PM
Can someone please explain why people are allowed to come here and disparage kids and the entire comp, yet when you respond to what is being said then you get an infraction???

why is it appropriate to bag out young people playing football in Newcastle, but when you respond in kind to an ADULT, then its a problem?

"I SMH whenever I read people on here talk about development and player quality. The kids are playing in a low standard league in a city that loves footy in a country that doesn?t give a hoot about soccer. What are kids being developed for? Parents egos? Clubs and private coaches bank accounts?"

"So you?d be one of those ego parents? Little Jimmy gonna be the one that makes it from this generation is he?"

Perhaps refrain from directly insulting people you are responding to. You struggle to finish a response you disagree with without questioning their intelligence, etc.

Case in point, your last paragraph.

KITZ
20-01-2024, 01:10 PM
Since bringing the sport into disrepute is acceptable behaviour in here from calling youth league trash, through to unfounded accusations clubs of filling their pockets from youth fees - which has yet to be shown with any proof. No heroic whistleblower has shown us some massive fraud from youth fees, yet time and time again it's repeatably posted - it harms the sport, the area and all of the clubs and volunteers. Speaking to people like that rationally doesn't work, because they don't care they are throwing shade, they don't care about a constructive conversation, they are happy to do as much damage as they can.

Maybe if the Rando's that come in spewing this stuff were controlled better, there would be less reason for their feelings to get hurt, sorry, not sorry I guess?

Have fun peeps, hope the season is a good one!

jessepinkman
20-01-2024, 01:46 PM
20th of Jan has to be a new record for the youth chat annual meltdown?

Jim
20-01-2024, 04:59 PM
obviously your kid must have missed out this year, so now you have come here to have a bag on and hope that someone else joins you to validate your miserable existence.

um you have no idea of their situation. You are the problem here. bye. DCB.

WOW2.0
21-01-2024, 02:08 AM
Why would it need a whistleblower to say they use money the club generates to pay players and some staff members...is there some kind of rule or law they are breaking if they did?

Taffy
22-01-2024, 09:30 AM
Why would it need a whistleblower to say they use money the club generates to pay players and some staff members...is there some kind of rule or law they are breaking if they did?

No it was a silly comment. You can tell which ones do and which one's don't as much. Particularly when there is a $1,000 difference in fees and the players aren't getting an additional $1,000 in value.

Rodders
22-01-2024, 03:17 PM
No it was a silly comment. You can tell which ones do and which one's don't as much. Particularly when there is a $1,000 difference in fees and the players aren't getting an additional $1,000 in value.

correct

FTBLNEW
27-01-2024, 12:34 PM
correct

LOL not correct. Some clubs have different requirements - like some have to pay to maintain their own grounds, fund their own developments, others get handouts from the council and low ground rent. Others use external sponsors to pay player wages and it comes entirely comes from that particular sponsor. You can tell who's never volunteered on a committee before.

Rodders
27-01-2024, 06:54 PM
LOL not correct. Some clubs have different requirements - like some have to pay to maintain their own grounds, fund their own developments, others get handouts from the council and low ground rent. Others use external sponsors to pay player wages and it comes entirely comes from that particular sponsor. You can tell who's never volunteered on a committee before.

Hmmm have you?

Youre pretty quick to refute what ive seen but you know it all so we can all drop the convo.

Taffy
05-02-2024, 09:24 AM
Quite a few trial matches played yesterday, feel sorry for the kids having to run around in the middle of the day. Wet Bulb was well above the maximum.

What heat policy?

Zico
05-02-2024, 09:52 AM
NNSWF have dropped the ball by starting Youth Pre Season Cup & Seniors season proper in February.

Players welfare has been put at risk by the governing body, not the clubs.

Surely there is a case to start the season proper for both Youth & Senior around the end of March or start of April.

Taffy
05-02-2024, 10:31 AM
Players welfare has been put at risk by the governing body, not the clubs.

Games yesterday were all club organised trial matches, nothing to do with Northern. And there is no more pre-season cup.

Zico
05-02-2024, 10:34 AM
Games yesterday were all club organised trial matches, nothing to do with Northern. And there is no more pre-season cup.

If the season starts later then so does training & trial games. Surely you can understand that?
The pre season tournament for youth is still going ahead.

sapdad
05-02-2024, 10:50 AM
I heard of games being played quite early yesterday so they were probably under the threshold for heat.Games scheduled for later kickoffs were called off at some grounds though.I dont agree with playing trials on days like yesterday at all but they werent NNSW organised games.The clubs were in charge of those.The NNSW scheduled trials do kick off next weekend though so its not as if this same situation cant arise again.Lets hope sense prevails and clubs/coaches have the wellbeing of the kids as the priority.

Taffy
05-02-2024, 10:50 AM
If the season starts later then so does training & trial games. Surely you can understand that?

Taking responsibility for playing in the heat is still on the clubs and Northern says to cancel if above.

My boy's club have deliberately scheduled games midweek evening to avoid any cancellation.

The pre season tournament for youth is still going ahead.

There are some scheduled trial games but it isn't a tournament, no ladders, no finals, no declared winners, no cup.

sapdad
05-02-2024, 10:51 AM
If the season starts later then so does training & trial games.
Not at some clubs thats for sure.

Taffy
05-02-2024, 10:53 AM
Games scheduled for later kickoffs were called off at some grounds though.

Yeah heard some were called off, saw others continuing in the middle of the day.

I think trying to blame Northern (who have issued a policy on what clubs should do) and absolving the clubs of responsibility for their own players is a cop out.

WOW2.0
05-02-2024, 12:22 PM
Was anybody hurt in the heat...we live in a hot country, soon we'll never get to have any games if we're not lucky

Taffy
05-02-2024, 01:28 PM
Was anybody hurt in the heat...we live in a hot country, soon we'll never get to have any games if we're not lucky

Why I don't bother wearing a seatbelt, never been hurt not wearing one, so why should I wear one in the future?

Eastwest
05-02-2024, 03:15 PM
Why I don't bother wearing a seatbelt, never been hurt not wearing one, so why should I wear one in the future?

false equivalence isn't a valid answer to the question.

putting games on early morning or early evening is a good move.

Taffy
05-02-2024, 03:17 PM
There's no false reasoning, both are safety measures. Do we really wait until a player in the region collapses or suffers from heat stroke before saying maybe we shouldn't have done it? Hate to think what some of you would be like on a work site.

Eastwest
05-02-2024, 03:24 PM
There's no false reasoning, both are safety measures. Do we really wait until a player in the region collapses or suffers from heat stroke before saying maybe we shouldn't have done it? Hate to think what some of you would be like on a work site.

Yeah we'd get the job done so you customers dont cry. You must be a millennial.

Taffy
05-02-2024, 03:46 PM
Yeah we'd get the job done so you customers dont cry. You must be a millennial.

And lose an arm in the process.

05-02-2024, 04:17 PM
https://www.9news.com.au/national/manly-player-keith-titmuss-likely-died-from-heat-stroke/95c12899-8ae4-46d4-a663-590444b3cf18

Jardelsimage
05-02-2024, 04:20 PM

did your game get called off on the weekend?

Taffy
05-02-2024, 04:27 PM
did your game get called off on the weekend?

No idea why this is relevant but I already talked about games.

My boy's club have deliberately scheduled games midweek evening to avoid any cancellation.

Jardelsimage
05-02-2024, 09:00 PM
No idea why this is relevant but I already talked about games.

only asking a question, didn't see your "boys club "post, you just seem a bit sour about something, so i thought you had been called off(which i would be sour also) if i was called off on the weekend.
It was defiantly hotter on the 21st of Jan when we last played and when your boys played Avoca.

Hope the rain that is meant to be coming doesn't affect your planning.

cheers

riverboy
05-02-2024, 11:02 PM
The stupid thing is normally people complain about playing in the heat after the game.

Yet the hot weather is forecasted around 5 days before the date.

sapdad
14-02-2024, 04:02 PM

Rosebuds havent fielded a team for their 1st official 15s trial this weekend.

Alton
14-02-2024, 04:06 PM
Rosebuds havent fielded a team for their 1st official 15s trial this weekend.

What a joke

Aegon
14-02-2024, 05:48 PM
Genuine question.

Are Buds a victim of the rise of New Lambton, Cooks Hill & I suppose a few years ago Lambton Jaffas?

There must be a limit to how many capable kids can come from the same pool of players.

sapdad
14-02-2024, 05:59 PM
Genuine question.

Are Buds a victim of the rise of New Lambton, Cooks Hill & I suppose a few years ago Lambton Jaffas?

No.

Hunter403
14-02-2024, 06:15 PM
Genuine question.

There must be a limit to how many capable kids can come from the same pool of players.

Possibly, but if this is the problem it has only been exacerbated by the enlargement of the youth comp to 24 clubs. Isn't the JDL supposed to address this?

I think Buds became "unfashionable". Talented kids from Lake Mac and Newcastle football programmes were directed to other clubs probably because of better relationships or friendships between people at the more desired clubs and those at the associations. You'll all remember that for a number of years the pick of the kids at Newcastle Football ended up at Olympic or Jaffas. There were never enough kids coming out of the zone football programmes to populate all of the clubs and if you weren't one of the chosen, you got community league kids. The reults reflected this and the spiral down began. I think not winning in the seniors wouldn't have helped either. The rise of those "new" inner clubs was brought on by those clubs being able to analyse the above problem and find solutions. Money, the PR campaigns they run and the image they create. Adamstown seem to be quiet in those areas by comparison.

Now we have JDL and the "less desirable" clubs will now have to fend off the poaching of their best or the parents that won't be satisfied with not winning every game taking their kid to the winners.

Want to get popular? Social media, club culture, be in the NPL, don't be at the foot of the seniors table, be less expensive than your competitiors and advertise the fact, provide quality coaching by hunting out the best coaches with a proven record of improving kids, not just winning comps because they have the best kids. It won't be a quick fix and if they get relegated this year, it will only get worse.

Oldy
14-02-2024, 06:20 PM
Olympic and Magic killed the buds youth. Those 2 were just much more intense in their recruitment drive over many years.

Buds didnt do enough to combat it.

sapdad
14-02-2024, 07:36 PM
Talk to any of the kids or parents who have recently left and they'll tell you all you need to know.Those kids are still out there and playing at other clubs so its not as if they arent good enough to be in the system.But blaming other clubs and especially NNSW seems way off the mark from who I've spoken to.

The Hacker
14-02-2024, 09:08 PM
What a joke

Is it really. Having been a Buds junior and playing at Azzurri in seniors I worry for both clubs. But more so Azzurri they didn?t have a 16?s last year and were chasing coaches only a few weeks ago. They have less competition geographically than Buds.
Buds had a 14?s that got beat every week last year so gave every club 3 free points. Where as Azzurri had no 16?s but the other clubs got no points and there was no punishment.
So a club is better off having 4 decent teams and miss a grade then 4 decent teams and 1 poor one.
This is Northern?s fault not the clubs for there being no punishment.
Your better of missing a year and resetting than fielding an average team

Oldy
14-02-2024, 11:04 PM
Your better of missing a year and resetting than fielding an average team

Missing a year bad? yep. I think Azzurri are going to take a while to rebuild after missing their 16s for a year and dropping.
could be wrong but doesnt look good.

Buds 2023 15s have won 1 game in 3 years. I feel sorry for those lads.

The Hacker
14-02-2024, 11:10 PM
Missing a year bad? yep. I think Azzurri are going to take a while to rebuild after missing their 16s for a year and dropping.
could be wrong but doesnt look good.

Buds 2023 15s have won 1 game in 3 years. I feel sorry for those lads.

Azzurri missing the 16?s last year will hurt their 18?s the next 2 years for sure.
They used to have some great old boys as coaches and now they have all gone. What has happened there.

Taffy
15-02-2024, 09:08 AM
Azzuri missing a team meant they went down to Div 2, they have all teams this year and from all reports will be quite competitive including in the 18s. I have no doubt they will be in League B when the divisions split. Will it be enough for them to get back into Div1? That's an unknown at this stage but are at a disadvantage to the 4 coming from Div1 simply because those 4 have had to player tougher teams every week.

Buds not having enough teams will mean the other 4 will need to pick up the slack to get into Top 4 otherwise they will be in League C and at least two years in Div 2. Of course that may not be bad for the club as it means they can just focus on rebuilding and getting back to full strength without losing players because they only won 1 game in 3 years.

FTBLNEW
15-02-2024, 09:20 AM
Azzurri missing the 16?s last year will hurt their 18?s the next 2 years for sure.
They used to have some great old boys as coaches and now they have all gone. What has happened there.

The coaches they had drove those kids away, you'd only have to attend one of their games to understand why they all left in those age groups. I hope they have been moved on.

sapdad
15-02-2024, 10:23 AM
The coaches they had drove those kids away, you'd only have to attend one of their games to understand why they all left in those age groups. I hope they have been moved on.
Ive already seen and heard of a few new coaches at Azzurri so I think you'll find the changes that were needed have been made.I would be shocked if they dont start 2025 back up in Div 1.

Largesse
15-02-2024, 11:30 AM
Genuine question.

This has to be a factor. The players who may have left Olympic/Magic in the past and funneled to Buds, now spread across Jaffas, NL and Cooks. There aren't enough kids. Even Jaffas/Edgy who finished 1/2 in 2023 13s have been after players for their squads this year.

JDL doesn't fix anything. It's not producing more better players, it's just creating an earlier dropout with kids jaded/broken after 40 week seasons and parents questioning the $$$ to take part.

As for the Buds, the other comment about not fielding a team with no real penalty vs having a very poor one that gives away 3pts every week is spot on.

Shorter JDL season and probably YPL, less teams to bring back exclusivity, lower cost and better trained coaches. Easy fix...

Taffy
15-02-2024, 11:36 AM
JDL doesn't fix anything. It's not producing more better players, it's just creating an earlier dropout with kids jaded/broken after 40 week seasons and parents questioning the $$$ to take part.

Smooth brain take.

Also got to look at the reasons why players leave clubs, while others are turning them away. And it isn't just successful clubs that get more EoIs than others

Shorter JDL season and probably YPL, less teams to bring back exclusivity, lower cost and better trained coaches. Easy fix...

Which clubs would you cut?

Largesse
15-02-2024, 01:01 PM
Smooth brain take.

Also got to look at the reasons why players leave clubs, while others are turning them away. And it isn't just successful clubs that get more EoIs than others

Which clubs would you cut?

Classy response...

Which clubs? Not sure and not sure what the magic number is but given clubs keep failing to field teams or fill squads, it seems there are too many.

Would love to see some analysis on number of players in community, JDL, youth, plus looking at match minutes per player, meaningful surveys of players as to why they move clubs. Base things off data or we'll all just keep guessing and pointing fingers.

Dreamtime Yowie
15-02-2024, 01:40 PM
Olympic and Magic killed the buds youth. Those 2 were just much more intense in their recruitment drive over many years.

What a load of garbage this is. Buds killed buds.

Clubs like Olympic and Magic produce more kids to the Jets then any other clubs so why are they still strong when they lose their best every year to jets? Don?t see them slacking off. Eventually they will sign kids to fill the gaps from lower teams but that?s the football cycle. Ordinary teams to strong teams/clubs.

Does this mean the Jets have killed Magic and Olympic?

Taffy
15-02-2024, 02:21 PM

I mean yeah you do have to question how good individual clubs are in the JDL programs if they have 2 teams (so about 24 players) and then they have to go poaching to get others in.

No club is losing more than 9 U12 players to Jets each year so why do clubs like Olympic and Magic have to go and poach other players? Why isn't their JDL program with 2 teams good enough to produce 15-16 quality kids?

Props to Edgy this year for filling all but 1 spot in their U13s this year from last year's U12 side.

Taffy
15-02-2024, 02:25 PM
Base things off data or we'll all just keep guessing and pointing fingers.

Good hopefully if everyone who has posted on here uses this advice we won't come out with silly statements like JDL isn't producing better players.

Largesse
15-02-2024, 02:46 PM
Good hopefully if everyone who has posted on here uses this advice we won't come out with silly statements like JDL isn't producing better players.

"More" is the key word. Better players sure, but it's finite.

Oldy
15-02-2024, 07:32 PM
What a load of garbage this is. Buds killed buds.

Clubs like Olympic and Magic produce more kids to the Jets then any other clubs so why are they still strong when they lose their best every year to jets? Don?t see them slacking off. Eventually they will sign kids to fill the gaps from lower teams but that?s the football cycle. Ordinary teams to strong teams/clubs.

Does this mean the Jets have killed Magic and Olympic?

Complete rubbish. all we need is another chest beating turd on here.
Jaffs and edgy have had more in the last couple. Even Valo had a few albeit from Auzzrri before that
Magic get most lads from other clubs. Rarely do their u6s get to the jets. Olympic develop a little better over the long term.
Most kids go to 2 to 3 clubs before getting to jets.
Kids who spend a fews years at New lambton, kotara, edgy, jaffs, cookers are in the jets in many ages.

Dreamtime Yowie
16-02-2024, 08:50 AM
Complete rubbish. all we need is another chest beating turd on here.
Jaffs and edgy have had more in the last couple. Even Valo had a few albeit from Auzzrri before that
Magic get most lads from other clubs. Rarely do their u6s get to the jets. Olympic develop a little better over the long term.
Most kids go to 2 to 3 clubs before getting to jets.
Kids who spend a fews years at New lambton, kotara, edgy, jaffs, cookers are in the jets in many ages.

Haha what a load of crap. Trying to work out who’s talking more crap you or taffy with his comments about edgy 13s only bringing 1 new player in. I can think of 3, could be more and there’s nothing wrong with that and good luck to them but don’t talk rubbish.
No chest beating here just stating facts old fella

Box2Box
19-02-2024, 12:50 PM
What numbers of players do most clubs try and carry in PYL. I would have thought that 15 or 16 is enough as you can always promote from the age below. Yet some age groups are posting their squad list with 13 or 14 and in trials only having 1 or 2 players on the bench. Whilst most kids will be happy getting lots of game time, perhaps these teams will run out of steam come middle to end of the season when injuries and illness mount up.

I know in the Sydney Football NSW PYL comps, some clubs carry 17-18 players per team and their games are only 70mins long until they get to U16s then it moves to 80mins. My take on those numbers of players in Sydney comp is that it is simply a cash grab.

Thoughts and experiences from others?

sapdad
19-02-2024, 01:19 PM
Well done to NNSW for getting the message through regarding the emphasis on referee abuse.All parents and coaches I spoke to over the weekend knew about it,had seen the presentation and were taking it seriously.If the goal was to get the message across then they succeeded.From here its all about backing up their referees and coming down hard on anyone that gets out of line.Hopefully now the kids can get on with enjoying their football.

SAP SUPER COACH
21-02-2024, 03:00 PM
wonder what colour the coach will be wearing who is first to get 12 month holiday? R#d perhaps?

WOW2.0
23-02-2024, 12:38 PM
@Box2Box...as a consumer, I prefer less subs and bench sitting

My dream state would be, clubs set to 11 in youth football, and their bench of subs to come from the year below

Agree on Sydney looking like a cash grab (if they really do have 17-18 players)...they do play a longer season though, so maybe that is the justification

Box2Box
29-02-2024, 02:15 PM
So for the 3rd week running Adamstown have not fielded a U15s team in the pre-season, can anyone confirm if they will only field 4 teams in PYL this season and have no 15s.

straightred88
29-02-2024, 02:19 PM
Hearing u13s player got 6 weeks for ref abuse and club (I think Belswans?) got 1k fine ? The tough crackdown has began by the looks.

sapdad
29-02-2024, 02:36 PM
I have already heard there will be clubs not fielding some NPL youth age groups again this season.
When I posted this on the 5th of December last year it was in relation to the Adamstown 15s not fielding a team for this season.

sapdad
29-02-2024, 02:37 PM
Hearing u13s player got 6 weeks for ref abuse and club (I think Belswans?) got 1k fine ? The tough crackdown has began by the looks.

No idea on the severity of the abuse but hopefully no one acts shocked.NNSW could not have been clearer with what the consequences were going to be this year.

Largesse
29-02-2024, 03:30 PM

Individual player suspensions are published on Northern's website. Three x 8 week suspensions for official abuse issued so far... None from BelSwans

matjpacker
29-02-2024, 03:52 PM
Where abouts is it located on NNSWF website, I can only see last seasons and the carry over suspensions on the Premier Club Resource page?

straightred88
29-02-2024, 04:19 PM
Individual player suspensions are published on Northern's website. Three x 8 week suspensions for official abuse issued so far... None from BelSwans

Ok thanks

KITZ
29-02-2024, 09:38 PM

While the punishment might fit the crime - publishing a 12 year olds details on a public website has serious ramifications in regards to the well-being of children and I'm not even sure it would be legal. Publishing a minors details and what they supposedly did according to another person under the age of 18 isn't something anyone should be on board with - the courts don't do it, so I doubt northern would have an organisation left if they did it. If this event happened I doubt it will be published publicly. The club will know and act on it accordingly I would assume.

If northern make this database they are talking about, it would only take one person losing their day job and northern won't have funds left to run the sport. It's a massive risk to publish the personal details (in explicit detail) on a public website. I'm sure they got real good legal advice on this one (not really).

Largesse
29-02-2024, 09:42 PM
While the punishment might fit the crime - publishing a 12 year olds details on a public website has serious ramifications in regards to the well-being of children and I'm not even sure it would be legal. Publishing a minors details and what they supposedly did according to another person under the age of 18 isn't something anyone should be on board with - the courts don't do it, so I doubt northern would have an organisation left if they did it. If this event happened I doubt it will be published publicly. The club will know and act on it accordingly I would assume.

If northern make this database they are talking about, it would only take one person losing their day job and northern won't have funds left to run the sport. It's a massive risk to publish the personal details (in explicit detail) on a public website. I'm sure they got real good legal advice on this one (not really).

Agree

KITZ
29-02-2024, 10:08 PM

I just found the page - I have reported it to the office of privacy commissioner and will be following up with FACS and some other organisations, if there is any kids currently in care or under the protection of an AVO that end up on that list its a massive safety issue. I can now locate where a kid plays sport, their full name and their age. ffs. do they think about things that these kids don't have any control over in their lives?

plague
29-02-2024, 10:23 PM
I just found the page - I have reported it to the office of privacy commissioner and will be following up with FACS and some other organisations

Hahahahaha, narc.

Legit though, we don't need to kids being shamed. Am all for shaming the clubs and coaches though. Getting them all buying in and behaving properly is the only way the kids will shut their mouths.

Also, please note there's plenty of minors reffing too so there can be more than one victim in all this.

ExWhistleMan
29-02-2024, 11:30 PM
Not saying it?s necessary to publish the kids name, (personally I think club, team, offence and sanction is enough) but I don?t think the legalities of it is any different to having their names on say a public golden boot list, rep squad, etc.

Im yet to someone report any of those lists to FACS

According to the wife who is a primary school teacher, kids that are subject to a protection order or similar will have a specific ?No publication? arrangement with the school. I imagine they?d have to have one with Northern too so they didn?t get put on any of the other lists I mentioned above either.

Gman
29-02-2024, 11:34 PM
The kid had been mouthing off at the ref constantly I believe and then started swearing at him also. The linesman also heard it all as well. I know our club and coach were clear on the clamp down and although a big suspension it?s not like we all weren?t warned 🤷*♂️

Goatscheese
01-03-2024, 12:07 AM

If this is true the ref never reported it

Goatscheese
01-03-2024, 12:09 AM
While the punishment might fit the crime - publishing a 12 year olds details on a public website has serious ramifications in regards to the well-being of children and I'm not even sure it would be legal. Publishing a minors details and what they supposedly did according to another person under the age of 18 isn't something anyone should be on board with

Alright Karen, why won't you complaining when they would publish the name club and number of goals a 12 year scored for all these years? Same thing and same details are shown, except for goals it is cards.

Goatscheese
01-03-2024, 12:14 AM
Legit though, we don't need to kids being shamed.

No they do need to be, the amount of kids that abuse refs and expect to get away with it is a travesty and is one of the reasons why we lose so many refs.

When an U15s boys team reduced a female ref to tears because she made a call (a right one btw) and so they told her for the rest of the game that girls don't belong on a soccer field and instead should be in the kitchen need to be shamed.

Also, please note there's plenty of minors reffing too so there can be more than one victim in all this.

Somehow I don't think people like Kitz cares. Wonder why she wasn't getting upset when anyone could look at team lists in the past and see their name and what club they were playing for.

Oldy
01-03-2024, 12:14 AM
I just found the page - I have reported it to the office of privacy commissioner and will be following up with FACS and some other organisations, if there is any kids currently in care or under the protection of an AVO that end up on that list its a massive safety issue. I can now locate where a kid plays sport, their full name and their age. ffs. do they think about things that these kids don't have any control over in their lives?

Top work sarg. did you also dob in the young crims in Townsville? Alice springs? Melbourne city or just the life saving stuff in Newy?

We'll have the medal ready by Mundee.

plague
01-03-2024, 07:40 AM
No they do need to be, the amount of kids that abuse refs and expect to get away with it is a travesty and is one of the reasons why we lose so many refs.

When an U15s boys team reduced a female ref to tears because she made a call (a right one btw) and so they told her for the rest of the game that girls don't belong on a soccer field and instead should be in the kitchen need to be shamed.

Ok, just to be clear, I want the kids punished, big suspensions. Whack the clubs as well. But I don't need their names passed onto Andrew Bolt and co.

As for your 2nd point. The young girl in question didn't need to put up with the abuse, but the fact you said they did it for the whole game means she hadn't obviously punished them. Hopefully she now understands the expectations on her to sit their asses down and that NNSW will back her.

Agree in the past she may have felt like she needed to cop it and move on but not now. The ref's know exactly what they need to do, and the quicker they do it the quicker the problem gets solved.

Goatscheese
01-03-2024, 08:23 AM
But I don't need their names passed onto Andrew Bolt and co.

Well that's not happening so you can jump off your morality train.

BY the way, a suspension register available for everyone is not a new measure from Northern been available for years and clubs including the opposing club, players and refs need to know who is suspended.

The ref's know exactly what they need to do, and the quicker they do it the quicker the problem gets solved.

Including with all the other measures, but hey if you don't want people to know you abused a ref, don't abuse a ref

plague
01-03-2024, 09:54 AM

My guy, imma let you in on a little secret. I really don't care about your shame list, if that's what works for you then good good.

I'm only here to make fun of old mate who was narcing out on everyone by writing to NCIS or whatever the organisation is called.

That, to me, is funny.

You guys can do whatever you want with the rest of it.

pv4
01-03-2024, 02:07 PM
But I don't need their names passed onto Andrew Bolt and co.

As much as there is some high quality meme and wind-up content available in all of this, it does seem reasonable to think there is a chance this can happen. If the below quote has any form of substance (and whatever other examples we haven't seen/heard yet) - in what world does Tracy Grimshaw or one of her fellow shoulder-pad-wearing goons not jump all over something like this.

KITZ
01-03-2024, 06:36 PM

Somehow I don't think people like Kitz cares. Wonder why she wasn't getting upset when anyone could look at team lists in the past and see their name and what club they were playing for.

Team lists don't post full first and last name. half the time the page doesn't even work. That also allows you to have photos removed etc. Anyone who thinks publication of this nature is hilarious is probably on the deep web. No the ref's shouldn't be abused, yes the suspensions are appropriate, But there is at least one suspension that has been disputed already, but that kid never got a chance to stand up in front of northern either, instead has his name plastered all over the website.

Kids who are in court for ANY reason are never named, yet people think this is okay? The incorrect comparisons and assumptions they aren't being punished is baffling, make them attend a course on a Saturday instead of football, make them do a ref course and run the sidelines for free for a few weeks. people are here anonymously, making quips, but if we got on here and used your real names you'd all poop your pants.

If you think it's funny you've never seen the harm that comes to kids when someone who's not supposed to know where they are turns up one day. But it's easy to take the piss when you live a sheltered life.

The Hacker
01-03-2024, 06:53 PM
Team lists don't post full first and last name. half the time the page doesn't even work. That also allows you to have photos removed etc. Anyone who thinks publication of this nature is hilarious is probably on the deep web. No the ref's shouldn't be abused, yes the suspensions are appropriate, But there is at least one suspension that has been disputed already, but that kid never got a chance to stand up in front of northern either, instead has his name plastered all over the website.

Kids who are in court for ANY reason are never named, yet people think this is okay? The incorrect comparisons and assumptions they aren't being punished is baffling, make them attend a course on a Saturday instead of football, make them do a ref course and run the sidelines for free for a few weeks. people are here anonymously, making quips, but if we got on here and used your real names you'd all poop your pants.

If you think it's funny you've never seen the harm that comes to kids when someone who's not supposed to know where they are turns up one day. But it's easy to take the piss when you live a sheltered life.

I agree with all you are saying. They shouldn?t publish the kids name.
I am curious you said one kid is disputing a suspension. Is it for ref abuse if so it gets murky if kids are saying they didn?t spray the ref. Almost as if they are calling the ref a liar

Goatscheese
01-03-2024, 08:24 PM
Team lists don't post full first and last name

Yes they do, goal scorer lists do, clubs post the kids names all over facebook, instagram and their website. Why are you only upset now and never before? Is your child a ref abuser and you're afraid people may find out?

That also allows you to have photos removed etc.

The list doesn't have photos, so you're getting upset over things you've made up in your head.

Anyone who thinks publication of this nature is hilarious is probably on the deep web. No the ref's shouldn't be abused, yes the suspensions are appropriate

No one said it was hilarious, also please don't use terms you don't understand, it doesn't help your argument.

But there is at least one suspension that has been disputed already, but that kid never got a chance to stand up in front of northern either, instead has his name plastered all over the website.

Showing you don't know the process of disputes (which is why I doubt your story). But if he has and is successful and the suspension is overturned then it will be removed and again this isn't a new feature from Northern been like this for years.

If you think it's funny

Making stuff up in your head again

Also don't waste FACS time, they have real issues with real children who are in actual harm with limited resources, they need to focus on those poor kids, not look to stop people finding out some entitled middle-class kid called a ref a slur.

Goatscheese
01-03-2024, 08:28 PM
As much as there is some high quality meme and wind-up content available in all of this, it does seem reasonable to think there is a chance this can happen. If the below quote has any form of substance (and whatever other examples we haven't seen/heard yet) - in what world does Tracy Grimshaw or one of her fellow shoulder-pad-wearing goons not jump all over something like this.

They may try to find time in between the dodgy tradies, awful neighbours and paid insurance advertisements that's true, considering this is something other federations have said they will start doing and has the full support of the FA (and presumably their lawyers), not to mention publication of red cards, Red Card Code, name and team has been happening for years then they will be fine.

BS detecor
01-03-2024, 10:00 PM
KL Mc is on the warpath again. What?s new

The Magician
02-03-2024, 12:40 AM
Olympic keeper gets sent off for ref abuse in a sanctioned trial game but can serve his supsension in future trial games, seems fair...

YerMate
02-03-2024, 12:14 PM
Olympic keeper gets sent off for ref abuse in a sanctioned trial game but can serve his supsension in future trial games, seems fair...

Well, teaches player and club a valuable lesson.

Stop abusing the refs.

I agree serve your suspension when it really hurts to teach you a lesson and others.

YerMate
02-03-2024, 12:16 PM
Has the game gotten soft, calling games off because it's too hot? It's called drink breaks. Christ.

The Hacker
02-03-2024, 02:28 PM
Has the game gotten soft, calling games off because it's too hot? It's called drink breaks. Christ.

That?s a disgrace. When was it that hot today

sapdad
02-03-2024, 02:37 PM
That?s a disgrace. When was it that hot today

The reading was several degrees over the threshold according to the referees.They had no choice.There was really only one person there in club gear carrying on,Im hoping it wasnt anyone on this forum as it was all a bit sad.Bottom line it was a trial game and it wasnt safe for the kids.Theres a spare weekend next week plenty of clubs will have extra trials booked to make up for any lost games.

prawnhead
02-03-2024, 05:09 PM
The reading was several degrees over the threshold according to the referees.They had no choice.There was really only one person there in club gear carrying on,Im hoping it wasnt anyone on this forum as it was all a bit sad.Bottom line it was a trial game and it wasnt safe for the kids.Theres a spare weekend next week plenty of clubs will have extra trials booked to make up for any lost games.

What is the threshold?

sapdad
02-03-2024, 05:20 PM
What is the threshold?

Whatever the number as stated in the heat policy.Its not my department I just listened to what the referees decided.

outsider
02-03-2024, 06:00 PM
Whatever the number as stated in the heat policy.Its not my department I just listened to what the referees decided.

According to the first dot point of the heat policy it is the responsibility of the Home Club Official to abandon or delay games.There is more to the policy but essentially it starts with the home official who should monitor the situation

ForeverRed
02-03-2024, 08:27 PM
You get that a lot on artificial turf

ExWhistleMan
02-03-2024, 09:23 PM
It?s based on wet bulb temperature which takes in humidity and some other things that slip my mind, not just basic ambient temperature.
I believe all ?premier? clubs have a wet bulb thermometer that gets taken out on to the pitch prior to kick off.
Abandonment of the game is black and white as per the heat policy.

sapdad
02-03-2024, 10:02 PM
According to the first dot point of the heat policy it is the responsibility of the Home Club Official to abandon or delay games.There is more to the policy but essentially it starts with the home official who should monitor the situation

Correct,and I'm assured that the home official supported the referees decision to abandon the matches today.So well done to him and the home club for prioritising the kids wellbeing.

northern_swan
03-03-2024, 10:52 PM
I agree with all you are saying. They shouldn?t publish the kids name.
I am curious you said one kid is disputing a suspension. Is it for ref abuse if so it gets murky if kids are saying they didn?t spray the ref. Almost as if they are calling the ref a liar

I saw a kid (GK) spray his teammate for getting a yellow for whinging at the ref only to get a red himself a couple of weeks ago. Adult ref then stood over kid screaming in his face in an extremely intimidating manner. Kid walked off, then took his shirt off to give to an outfielder to wear, so copped another spray from the ref. Different teammate asked for gloves to go in goal so GK took his gloves off & went to hand them to outfielder & copped a 3rd spray from ref.

All for stopping ref abuse but it’s a two way street. This ref should be nowhere near kids sport.

Thomas477
03-03-2024, 10:53 PM
I saw a kid (GK) spray his teammate for getting a yellow for whinging at the ref only to get a red himself a couple of weeks ago. Adult ref then stood over kid screaming in his face in an extremely intimidating manner. Kid walked off, then took his shirt off to give to an outfielder to wear, so copped another spray from the ref. Different teammate asked for gloves to go in goal so GK took his gloves off & went to hand them to outfielder & copped a 3rd spray from ref.

All for stopping ref abuse but it’s a two way street. This ref should be nowhere near kids sport.

Did you report them to Northern?

northern_swan
03-03-2024, 10:59 PM
Whilst your salty obsession with Olympic is noted, said GK isn’t the only player to have been sent in a trial & be told to serve his sanction in trials only (granted the other one was for violent conduct)

That said, why are red cards given in youth grade glorified trials being carried over to the main comp when the NPL red cards aren’t? Seems to me northern are determined to make an example of teenagers.

northern_swan
03-03-2024, 11:03 PM
Did you report them to Northern?

What’s the point?
1- Northern won’t listen
2- Reporting the ref will only put a target on my own child & his club

I can only hope the club of the player I’m talking about has taken action to protect the kid involved

The Hacker
03-03-2024, 11:58 PM
Whilst your salty obsession with Olympic is noted, said GK isn?t the only player to have been sent in a trial & be told to serve his sanction in trials only (granted the other one was for violent conduct)

That said, why are red cards given in youth grade glorified trials being carried over to the main comp when the NPL red cards aren?t? Seems to me northern are determined to make an example of teenagers.

If it remains a rule for kids and rule for NPL then Northern are a joke

Chips
04-03-2024, 09:05 AM
Are there finals that accompany this preseason ?tournament? or is it just 3 glorified trials

Thomas477
04-03-2024, 09:11 AM
What’s the point?
1- Northern won’t listen
2- Reporting the ref will only put a target on my own child & his club

I can only hope the club of the player I’m talking about has taken action to protect the kid involved

So it?s bad enough that you comment on the forum about it, but won?t do anything to follow it up? Nice. Don?t bother complaining about it if it happens again then.

Hunter403
04-03-2024, 11:53 AM
Are there finals that accompany this preseason ?tournament? or is it just 3 glorified trials

Just trials.

The Hacker
04-03-2024, 12:26 PM
Just trials.

It?s a shame they could make it in to a good little tournament for the preseason. Games always become more competitive when you are playing for something

northern_swan
04-03-2024, 12:59 PM
So it?s bad enough that you comment on the forum about it, but won?t do anything to follow it up? Nice. Don?t bother complaining about it if it happens again then.

No worries Mr Haynes, I?ll leave you to pretend everything is A ok 🙄

Goatscheese
04-03-2024, 01:53 PM
It?s a shame they could make it in to a good little tournament for the preseason. Games always become more competitive when you are playing for something

They did make it into a good little tournament last year, too many clubs had a whinge about it being a tournament but said they liked that Northern organised the matches. So this is the outcome.

sapdad
04-03-2024, 02:00 PM
They did make it into a good little tournament last year, too many clubs had a whinge about it being a tournament but said they liked that Northern organised the matches. So this is the outcome.
You only need to look at how many games were called off due to field protection,rain or heat to see that then trying to reschedule catchups midweek involving travelling teams was a night mare last year.I liked the idea of a preseason comp but also understand why straight up trials were the preferred option this year.Is the mid season knockout going on this year again?

Goatscheese
04-03-2024, 02:28 PM
You only need to look at how many games were called off due to field protection,rain or heat to see that then trying to reschedule catchups midweek involving travelling teams was a night mare last year.I liked the idea of a preseason comp but also understand why straight up trials were the preferred option this year.Is the mid season knockout going on this year again?

Meh, excluding finals it wasn't that many, there was only 3 games per age group that had to be played midweek. Everyone else got to play on the scheduled day, hardly a nightmare but they could have done what they have done this year and just declare them a draw.

These also weren't what the main reasons given to Northern by clubs were anyway.

Midseason cup/plate is continuing and thankfully Northern didn't listen to the negative Nancys on that.

Thomas477
04-03-2024, 03:27 PM
No worries Mr Haynes, I?ll leave you to pretend everything is A ok 🙄

😂 From experience I can tell you that if a club raises an issue with a ref, northern will act. I was running the line when an incident occurred that I couldn?t do anything about but was clearly wrong. As the senior ref on the day I was contacted by the referees coach the next day to get information regarding what happened. But that wouldn?t have happened if the club didn?t contact Northern. Especially when most clubs film their games now.

But sure, let?s just bitch on an online forum, that?ll solve everything.

sapdad
04-03-2024, 03:48 PM
they could have done what they have done this year and just declare them a draw.

Im sure a certain club that had all games called off would be more than fine with missing the next round because of draws.Anyway I'm glad they are staying as trails.We all had this discussion previously but using trials to work on lineups,formations and experimenting rather than just caring about the win is best for the kids at this time of year in my opinion.Between the 2 stages of the league,the mid season cup,finals and battles for promotion/relegation there is more than enough games to make sure winning is the priority and for parents to post on facebook about.As always,good luck to all the kids coaches and clubs over the next few months as they start their seasons.

Goatscheese
04-03-2024, 04:02 PM
Im sure a certain club that had all games called off would be more than fine with missing the next round because of draws.

But they are fine with missing them now? This is also the rule in the regular season if games can't be made up in time as well.

We all had this discussion previously but using trials to work on lineups,formations and experimenting rather than just caring about the win is best for the kids at this time of year in my opinion.

If you are a club or coach and have the mentality that we need to win a pre-season cup in Newcastle youth football then you need to be sat down and spoken to about your priorities. And let's not pretend that these same coaches aren't still looking to win these games or other trial matches for that matter.

Between the 2 stages of the league,the mid season cup,finals and battles for promotion/relegation there is more than enough games to make sure winning is the priority and for parents to post on facebook about

Not the reason for why the pre-season cup should've been kept, but since you aren't too fussed about player development or variety, we'll leave it there.

Eastwest
04-03-2024, 04:07 PM
�� From experience I can tell you that if a club raises an issue with a ref, northern will act. I was running the line when an incident occurred that I couldn?t do anything about but was clearly wrong. As the senior ref on the day I was contacted by the referees coach the next day to get information regarding what happened. But that wouldn?t have happened if the club didn?t contact Northern. Especially when most clubs film their games now.

But sure, let?s just bitch on an online forum, that?ll solve everything.

The only people who dont like seeing negative comments here are the associations which you must be part of.

This is an excellent place to air grievances but make sure it is factual. Pour it on everyone.
Not only are people more aware of goings on but NNSW and Jets staff do read this stuff and bog themselves due to negative public feedback.

One such specimen who is now no longer coaching in this country was very alarmed mainly only due to embarrassing perception, which was factual, and keeping his job.

Carry on regardless.

sapdad
04-03-2024, 04:11 PM
But they are fine with missing them now? This is also the rule in the regular season if games can't be made up in time as well.

If you are a club or coach and have the mentality that we need to win a pre-season cup in Newcastle youth football then you need to be sat down and spoken to about your priorities. And let's not pretend that these same coaches aren't still looking to win these games or other trial matches for that matter.

Not the reason for why the pre-season cup should've been kept, but since you aren't too fussed about player development or variety, we'll leave it there.

1.Please turn your sarcasm detector on I was joking.
2.Please re-read my previous posts regarding the importance of any of this,you'll see we agree.
3.Please re-read point 2.In fact,we agree on pretty much all of it I'm beginning to think we are the same person.

Goatscheese
04-03-2024, 04:53 PM
In fact,we agree on pretty much all of it I'm beginning to think we are the same person.

Don't tell the mods

Thomas477
04-03-2024, 06:14 PM
The only people who dont like seeing negative comments here are the associations which you must be part of.

This is an excellent place to air grievances but make sure it is factual. Pour it on everyone.
Not only are people more aware of goings on but NNSW and Jets staff do read this stuff and bog themselves due to negative public feedback.

One such specimen who is now no longer coaching in this country was very alarmed mainly only due to embarrassing perception, which was factual, and keeping his job.

Carry on regardless.

Know what they say about assuming anything? I’m not a member of the association, haven’t been for years. But at least I gave it a go.

And yeah, it is a great place to air grievances and achieve absolutely nothing, and then complain about the same thing again.

Eastwest
05-03-2024, 03:35 PM
And yeah, it is a great place to air grievances and achieve absolutely nothing, and then complain about the same thing again.

yawn. incorrect again

KITZ
05-03-2024, 07:24 PM
Yes they do, goal scorer lists do, clubs post the kids names all over facebook, instagram and their website. Why are you only upset now and never before? Is your child a ref abuser and you're afraid people may find out?

The list doesn't have photos, so you're getting upset over things you've made up in your head.

No one said it was hilarious, also please don't use terms you don't understand, it doesn't help your argument.

Showing you don't know the process of disputes (which is why I doubt your story). But if he has and is successful and the suspension is overturned then it will be removed and again this isn't a new feature from Northern been like this for years.

Making stuff up in your head again

Also don't waste FACS time, they have real issues with real children who are in actual harm with limited resources, they need to focus on those poor kids, not look to stop people finding out some entitled middle-class kid called a ref a slur.

I'm sorry but don't people get banned for making personal attacks like this - or only some of us do?

FACS do and will follow up on football teams, Ive seen it, IN NEWCASTLE, in this level of the sport. multiple times.

The new system Squadi, does have photos.

I do know the process of disputes. Ive seen video evidence from two different angles produces and still only downgraded even though it was shown not to have happened - if this had happened in this comp this year they would be on this list for doing nothing.

You assume that I only have kids that play and not ref or do both. Just because I think it's a very unfair policy doesn't mean I don't have kids that referee, or that my kids even have anything to do with referee abuse. They don't, and the accusation is personal and offensive - stalking is also a crime - just so you are aware, I'll leave it at that.

If you think kids don't come to real harm through sport and its just "poor" kids you are more sheltered then you even know.

Bremsstrahlung
06-03-2024, 08:30 AM
Little late to the paryt, but I don’t agree with Under 18s being named and shamed for negative reasons.

The privacy of U18s is an interesting debate. I’m sure if there were any individual concerns regarding a specific player, there would be some measures in place to protect identity. I think, broadly, they are two separate issues.

On one side, you have the somewhat positive of broadcasts. “Congrats to our squad, see names here” type posts, or team of the weeks or goal scorers etc. Kids (and their parents) love that stuff and it’s a great way to give praise and for them to be ‘famous’ for a little. This is no different to being named and broadcasted at schools for achievements. Again, you’d hope if there were individual concerns, these would be passed on to the respective powers and honoured.

On the other side, a database of players indiscretions doesn’t feel right. They are children, they are growing up, they are learning, they are developing into adults. It can be hard for kids, they don’t need NNSW adding their name online for everyone to see they were suspended for 8 weeks for abusing a referee. Sure, suspend them, but I think naming and posting online for anybody to see is a bit too far. There seems little purpose, but to publicly shame.
Once you’re 18 I think it’s fair game, you should be able to understand what’s right and wrong and be accountable for your actions.

Maybe something accessible to referees or club officials is more appropriate.

Goatscheese
06-03-2024, 09:27 AM
The privacy of U18s is an interesting debate. I?m sure if there were any individual concerns regarding a specific player, there would be some measures in place to protect identity.

There absolutely is, you can see who these players are on Squadi because they come up as Hidden Player on the team sheet with the initials HP. None of these players have been done for ref abuse this year. I know of one player who is now listed as a hidden player and he got a red card two years ago (for a bad tackle) was not included on the list that Northern updated every week for all to see. I would imagine the same thing would continue to happen this year should he or the other hidden player's get a red card.

These suspension lists aren't new, we've had them for years listing player, team, reason, and length of suspension. It's only now that it is being included to holding people accountable (which teenagers absolutely do need to be) do we see the Karens getting all upset that people may find out their little cherubs aren't the innocent darlings that imagine them to be.

ForeverRed
06-03-2024, 07:19 PM
It?s all about the apple not falling far from the tree me thinks

Jim
06-03-2024, 10:19 PM
These suspension lists aren't new, we've had them for years listing player, team, reason, and length of suspension. It's only now that it is being included to holding people accountable (which teenagers absolutely do need to be) do we see the Karens getting all upset that people may find out their little cherubs aren't the innocent darlings that imagine them to be.

Agree. If you have a problem because a teen is playing too hard or has a bad day then you're part of the offended far Left Woke turdfest.

Accept it, move on. They aren't stealing cars. If anything It ensures that these lads don't play until the correct date. Time served end of.

The Bear
06-03-2024, 11:47 PM
Hot takes on the Youth Club Championship this year.

- Cookers = bottom feeders
- New Lambton Eagles = fighting Cookers for scraps
- Lakes = improvers. Will hold their own in most ages
- Magic = Hartley in but too late to stop the rot. Disappointing.
- Olympic = solid in most ages. Challengers.
- Edgy = middle of the road. Some good some not
- Valo = improvers. Growing club on the up.
- Jaffas = hot favourites. Won?t be out of the top four in any age.
- Maitland = going backwards. Middle at best.
- Weston = lower middle. Same as they ever was.
- North Coast = some good, some bad. Mainly bad.
- Mid Coast = fighting Cookers for those crumbs.

I get it that the split happens again halfway through but lets debate. I?m not wrong.

Goatscheese
07-03-2024, 09:11 AM
And the rest of the club championship?

Hunter403
25-03-2024, 03:52 PM
Hearing a Belswans player got marched for giving the ref a mouthful.

WOW2.0
25-03-2024, 08:15 PM
Does anyone know how to access the club championship tables these days?

I can't seem to find them

finzee
25-03-2024, 11:01 PM
does anyone know how to access the club championship tables these days?

I can't seem to find them

diy

KITZ
26-03-2024, 04:03 PM
I think its an excel sheet they put together when they go to do the draws, doesn't seem to be any sort of tracking happening for people to follow.

WOW2.0
27-03-2024, 09:06 PM
I did it myself...although the source table is a bit "iffy" (a few tier II teams haven't played a game yet)

So present standings after a whole 2 rounds (some have only played once)

Div1 standings
1-Olympic
2-Magic (pretty sure a goal needs to be added for last weekend's 14s)
3-Edgeworth
4-North Coast
5-Lakes
6-Valentine
7-Jaffas
8-Weston
9-Mid Coast
10-Maitland
11-New Lambton
12-Cooks Hill

Div2 standings
1-Charlestown
2-NIAS (no18s)
3-Kahibah
4-Rosebuds (no15s)
5-South Cardiff
6-Belswans
7-Cessnock
8-Thornton
9-Toronto
10-West Wallsend (no games listed)
11-Wallsend (only 18s, no games listed)

sapdad
28-03-2024, 11:37 AM
Has there been any sanctions placed on Admastown for not fielding a team this year in one of the grades.I am assuming that Wallsend 18s are part of NIAS.Last year it didnt really matter for Charlestown as they dropped from Div 1 into Div 2 mid year and didnt come back up.If Adamstown stays in Div 2 this year but qualify for Div 1 in 2025 will they be allowed?I read that there was nothing done unless it was 2 years in a row but didnt know if that policy continued this season.

WOW2.0
28-03-2024, 04:50 PM
I don't know...but not having access to results in 15s will give less opportunity to earn the number of points required to stay in tier 2 when the season split happens. (And the opportunity to rise back to tier 1 at the end of the season)

Even with the absent 16s at Charlestown last year, I feel Charlestown would still have finished in tier 2 and be in the same position this season...was a very poor and sad season to have been involved in

***Someone reached out to me last night and told me NIAS' relationship with Wallsend u18s...so will add them together when Wallsend has a game

I am happy to update my spreadsheet and share the results after each round too if people will enjoy

Reds Forever
28-03-2024, 05:51 PM
Wallsend don't have an u18. Been replaced with a bye.

WOW2.0
28-03-2024, 06:09 PM
Wallsend don't have an u18. Been replaced with a bye.

Explains why there are 0 matches played for them...do you know if West Wallsend has a similar problem? (They also have no results listed)

Really messes up their plans to end up with 3 tiers of 8 during the break milestone

The Hacker
28-03-2024, 06:30 PM
I don't know...but not having access to results in 15s will give less opportunity to earn the number of points required to stay in tier 2 when the season split happens. (And the opportunity to rise back to tier 1 at the end of the season)

Even with the absent 16s at Charlestown last year, I feel Charlestown would still have finished in tier 2 and be in the same position this season...was a very poor and sad season to have been involved in

***Someone reached out to me last night and told me NIAS' relationship with Wallsend u18s...so will add them together when Wallsend has a game

I am happy to update my spreadsheet and share the results after each round too if people will enjoy

I think if Adamstown have 4 strong teams they will be ok and finish in the top 4 in Div 2. If they get 6-8 points every week they will be ok. Not giving every team 3 points by having a poor 15?s we I?ll help not hinder

WOW2.0
08-04-2024, 01:34 PM
So few games went ahead this weekend...but an updated club championship ladder for Div 1&2.
(Don't want to type out my whole spreadsheet I've got going but there is a difference in number of games played, etc)

Div1:
1: Magic
2: NCF
3: Olympic
4: Jaffas
5: Edgeworth
6: Lake Macquarie
7: Valentine
8: New Lambton
9: Cooks Hill
10: Maitland
11: Mid Coast
12: Weston

Div2:
1: NIAS
2: Charlestown
3: Kahibah
4: Belswans
5: Cessnock
6: Rosebuds
7: South Cardiff
8: West Wallsend
9: Thornton
10: Toronto
11: Singleton

The Hacker
08-04-2024, 02:13 PM
So few games went ahead this weekend...but an updated club championship ladder for Div 1&2.
(Don't want to type out my whole spreadsheet I've got going but there is a difference in number of games played, etc)

Div1:

Div2:

Will be interesting in a few weeks once washouts get played. There are a few club have played all 3 and some clubs have played 1

WOW2.0
08-04-2024, 02:48 PM
Absolutely...so for extra context...

Div 1 clubs matches played

15 games played (all rounds)
Magic - 8W 4D 3L, GD 21, 28pts
NCF - 7W 5D 3L, GD 9, 26pts
New Lambton - 4W 1D 10L, GD -29, 13pts
Weston - 4W 0D 11L, GD -24, 12pts

10 games played
Lake Macquarie - 5W 1D 4L, GD 9, 16pts
Edgeworth - 6W 2D 2L, GD 20, 20pts
Olympic - 8W 0D 2L, GD 23, 24pts
Valentine - 4W 2D 4L, GD 2, 14pts
Cooks Hill - 0W 1D 9L, GD -29, 1pt

9 games
Jaffas - 7W 2D 0L, GD 22, 23pts

5 games (1 round)
Maitland - 0W 1D 4L, GD -11, 1pt
Mid Coast - 1W 1D 3L, GD -8, 4pts

The Bear
10-04-2024, 12:39 AM

Div1:

Div2:

I take it your kid is at Magic and you want to get those chest slaps in early? We see you bro 👀

WOW2.0
10-04-2024, 02:06 AM
He is, but that's not why I am doing this...

You'll probably notice it is club championship rather than just his team...

And, that I have gone to the additional effort to gather the info for the 2nd div.

And, have now added tracking of the Syd Div1 Youth league as well...I don't have any association with either

Back to point 1, I even went to the trouble to highlight the number of games played by each of the tier 1 clubs to try and contextualise the above placings 🤷

Personally...I just thought pro/rel made it interesting. When I asked people here if there was a tracking page, I was told to make my own so I started a spreadsheet...then thought the other members of this forum would find it interesting to see a weekly update as well

Is there some problem with that? Do you not want to see it?

Gman
10-04-2024, 06:49 AM
Some of us appreciate your efforts for what they are so thank you. Especially having a kid at Charlestown looking for promotion 👍

The Hacker
10-04-2024, 09:09 AM
He is, but that's not why I am doing this...

You'll probably notice it is club championship rather than just his team...

And, that I have gone to the additional effort to gather the info for the 2nd div.

And, have now added tracking of the Syd Div1 Youth league as well...I don't have any association with either

Back to point 1, I even went to the trouble to highlight the number of games played by each of the tier 1 clubs to try and contextualise the above placings 🤷

Personally...I just thought pro/rel made it interesting. When I asked people here if there was a tracking page, I was told to make my own so I started a spreadsheet...then thought the other members of this forum would find it interesting to see a weekly update as well

Is there some problem with that? Do you not want to see it?

It is outstanding what info your are bringing weekly with the table. You?re doing what Northern don?t. Much appreciated from someone following Grandkids at different clubs

KITZ
10-04-2024, 02:56 PM
I take it your kid is at Magic and you want to get those chest slaps in early? We see you bro 👀

There's always someone salty about nothing.

It's a PIA to work all that out, it's not like they have gone and fudged results to pull together a list, it's based on games that have been reported by northern. Probably the only thing in here that isn't someones opinion *shrug*.

KITZ
10-04-2024, 03:01 PM
Hot takes on the Youth Club Championship this year.

- Cookers = bottom feeders
- New Lambton Eagles = fighting Cookers for scraps
- Lakes = improvers. Will hold their own in most ages
- Magic = Hartley in but too late to stop the rot. Disappointing.
- Olympic = solid in most ages. Challengers.
- Edgy = middle of the road. Some good some not
- Valo = improvers. Growing club on the up.
- Jaffas = hot favourites. Won?t be out of the top four in any age.
- Maitland = going backwards. Middle at best.
- Weston = lower middle. Same as they ever was.
- North Coast = some good, some bad. Mainly bad.
- Mid Coast = fighting Cookers for those crumbs.

I get it that the split happens again halfway through but lets debate. I?m not wrong.

unlike this..... gossip, innuendo, opinion.....

Box2Box
10-04-2024, 05:49 PM
Northern have posted the club championships points table already. On the NNSW website when you go to competitions click on PYL then instead of clicking onto fixtures scroll down a bit and there is a heading titled 2024 club championship view here. Clicking that opens up the tables in a pdf document. If you go into squadii you wont find it.

WOW2.0
10-04-2024, 11:36 PM
Northern have posted the club championships points table already. On the NNSW website when you go to competitions click on PYL then instead of clicking onto fixtures scroll down a bit and there is a heading titled 2024 club championship view here. Clicking that opens up the tables in a pdf document. If you go into squadii you wont find it.

Did find it, (their website sucks as a user experience) I noticed mine is more up to date (23/3)...they should sub contract to my spreadsheet! :P

Link: https://www.northernnswfootball.com.au/competitions/premier-youth-league

Tab just under the rules and regulations tab

plague
13-04-2024, 07:08 PM
"I'm so f***king angry I could headbutt the stupid c**t". (Talking about an official). -

This was from a lovely grandparent on the sidelines of an under 14s game right with earshot of the ref, and assistant.

The bigger coward was the duty officer (a parent) who replied " even though I've the got the vest on, I won't stop you".

What a team of clowns soiling the reputation of a really good club (the other grades all went on without any issues).

I know you all wanna blame the coach but while ever the ref support officer, parents and other officials behave like animals, it's hard to single out one person.

Now, the coach can, and should put a stop to it, because the other ages don't have these issues. But these parents feel very empowered to behave a certain way, and wherever it's coming from needs to be removed from our game, and it will.

Anyway, hope you all had a good weekend at the football.

Oh, and for those members on here who are totally not the people I've mentioned and are just lovers of the game. Feel free to discuss with me. I actually have never had any bad interactions with them, but today was out of line and they should really think about fixing it.

cheers,
plague.

plague
13-04-2024, 07:13 PM
Oh, and one more thing.

The overturned goal that was at the centre of it, feel free to post the VEO footage. I'll make sure it gets to whoever needs to see it.
I thought it was a good call, but you have access to it so I'd be interested if it was or not.

Cheers again.

Rodders
13-04-2024, 08:14 PM
You mean the goal that was correctly disallowed for offside because the attacker went past the GK then had a shot and that deflected off the last & only defender
into the path off an other attacker in an off side position? And then the club who cries at the drop of a hat wanted to crack at the young ref who was correct. We all know that club. One of the 15s or 16s coaches from that club had a whine at me because I also called it offside. Maybe that club should know the rules before acting like immature aholes which is also usual. :lol: I love this game

Thomas477
13-04-2024, 08:38 PM
"I'm so f***king angry I could headbutt the stupid c**t". (Talking about an official). -

This was from a lovely grandparent on the sidelines of an under 14s game right with earshot of the ref, and assistant.

The bigger coward was the duty officer (a parent) who replied " even though I've the got the vest on, I won't stop you".

What a team of clowns soiling the reputation of a really good club (the other grades all went on without any issues).

That?s just an absolute embarrassment. And people wonder why there aren?t enough referees.

Dreamtime Yowie
14-04-2024, 10:05 AM
I was in the stands and I heard both of you arguing so you’re as bad as each other. I felt embarrassed for the pair of you. Body shaming a mum is out of order so I’ll call you out. I’m nearly sure you’re the officials dad and she’s the mum of a player and she was upset over the mistakes they made am I right?. Both defending your kids honour , oh dear

The incidents that you both argued over in my opinion from a neutral both were wrong calls by the ref unfortunately. The goal should have stood and then the very dubious penalty call which had us all in the stands scratching our heads, I could even see Olympic players laughing. I did see a ref offical there so hopefully he has a word with the officials and they learn from it. After all they are young, maybe too young in my honest opinion. But that’s what it has come to with not many keen to ref these days.

You both carried on and both should be barred. You can spin a story though I’ll give you that.

Thomas477
14-04-2024, 10:53 AM
The incidents that you both argued over in my opinion from a neutral both were wrong calls by the ref unfortunately. The goal should have stood and then the very dubious penalty call which had us all in the stands scratching our heads, I could even see Olympic players laughing. I did see a ref offical there so hopefully he has a word with the officials and they learn from it. After all they are young, maybe too young in my honest opinion. But that’s what it has come to with not many keen to ref these days.

I didn’t see the incident, and nor do I really care, but, respectfully, I’m just wondering what your assertion on the decision being wrong is based on? Have you done a LotG course?

But you’re right regarding referees potentially being too young. It’s a major problem in my opinion regarding how northern has taken over the refereeing. 10 years ago it was the best youngsters of the “junior” branches reffing on NPL/NEWFM juniors, and they could handle it. These days, if a young kid joins northern directly, they’re generally thrown onto PYL very quickly without having the experience from the junior branches that helps them to deal with that level. As an result, unfortunately, mistakes happen. If a ref makes a mistake, like a goalkeeper, it can have a major impact on the game.

Bremsstrahlung
14-04-2024, 11:17 AM
I didn’t see the incident, and nor do I really care, but, respectfully, I’m just wondering what your assertion on the decision being wrong is based on? Have you done a LotG course?

But you’re right regarding referees potentially being too young. It’s a major problem in my opinion regarding how northern has taken over the refereeing. 10 years ago it was the best youngsters of the “junior” branches reffing on NPL/NEWFM juniors, and they could handle it. These days, if a young kid joins northern directly, they’re generally thrown onto PYL very quickly without having the experience from the junior branches that helps them to deal with that level. As an result, unfortunately, mistakes happen. If a ref makes a mistake, like a goalkeeper, it can have a major impact on the game.

Bring back the old system imo.
You join the branches. Learn to referee and deal with making decisions on the run and in somewhat low pressure atmosphere. Those that perform well and stick at it, should be given opportunities (with support) at higher ages and divisions and if they perform well, get ‘selected’ or ‘invited’ to join NNSW.

The downside is the associations lose promising referees to NNSW and probably causes more headaches assigning referees etc.

Back when I was involved, it was pretty rare to see anybody with less than 3-4 years experience getting to referee SYL/PYL. (Tbf you spent 1 year doing rooball and 6/7/8)

You almost had to referee All Age A grade (which I think needed like a level 3A qualification/certificate) to do so.

Dreamtime Yowie
14-04-2024, 11:45 AM
I didn?t see the incident, and nor do I really care, but, respectfully, I?m just wondering what your assertion on the decision being wrong is based on? Have you done a LotG course?

But you?re right regarding referees potentially being too young. It?s a major problem in my opinion regarding how northern has taken over the refereeing. 10 years ago it was the best youngsters of the ?junior? branches reffing on NPL/NEWFM juniors, and they could handle it. These days, if a young kid joins northern directly, they?re generally thrown onto PYL very quickly without having the experience from the junior branches that helps them to deal with that level. As an result, unfortunately, mistakes happen. If a ref makes a mistake, like a goalkeeper, it can have a major impact on the game.

These 2 parents also argued about the refs age and apparently plays for another team in same competition? In same age group?I don?t know if that?s true so don?t hold that against me but that was mentioned in their tiff. If true that?s not on. Surely the age below at least. Not same or older ages until adulthood. I?m sure just like players get nervous so do refs and we can?t just throw them into deep end.

KITZ
14-04-2024, 07:00 PM
I didn?t see the incident, and nor do I really care, but, respectfully, I?m just wondering what your assertion on the decision being wrong is based on? Have you done a LotG course?

But you?re right regarding referees potentially being too young. It?s a major problem in my opinion regarding how northern has taken over the refereeing. 10 years ago it was the best youngsters of the ?junior? branches reffing on NPL/NEWFM juniors, and they could handle it. These days, if a young kid joins northern directly, they?re generally thrown onto PYL very quickly without having the experience from the junior branches that helps them to deal with that level. As an result, unfortunately, mistakes happen. If a ref makes a mistake, like a goalkeeper, it can have a major impact on the game.

That's not actually true, they have to do a certain number of hours and be signed off by an assessor before they can ref PYL - and they don't come from community straight into JDL either, most are playing PYL or the div below - those that do play.

Anyway for those commenting on the referees and selection of, maybe sign up for a course or get your kids to and then everyone can stop complaining - watch your kid ref a game and get a better perspective and then you can also comment on their stuff ups - because they will, no one is perfect.

Just be thankful the boys get ref's the girls can't even get a full set for a game that's supposed to be a knockout tournament played to win a trophy. #complainless.

And yes there was a ref assessor / 4th there, the ref's are learning and I'm interested to see if the yellow from the 18's gets turned into a red based on the 4th officials report.

I don't know why it's the 13/14s parents that get so worked up. Someone needs to tell them they will be lucky if their kid is still playing by the time they get to 18's I know many of the kids mine was playing with didn't make it that far - stop worrying about one game and play the long game.....

plague
14-04-2024, 07:08 PM
Yeah that's not me mate, you must have been in a different spot to me. I didn't see parents arguing, I heard the bloke threaten to headbutt a kid and a duty officer egg him on.

I got there just before halftime (I was there for 15s). Didn't see the pen.

If the parents were carrying on, report them. If you need help come grab me I'll help you. I don't want any of that garbage in our game. That was my point.

I'm ok with people not agreeing with calls, I'm not ok with anyone being threatened with a headbutt. Surely there's not anyone on here who can argue that. That's what my post was about.

Anyway, if you heard headbutt guy, or know him or his family, have a word. He was out of line and needs to be spoken to. Clubs are going to get big sanctions if this ref crackdown gets out of hand. I don't want some salty grandad costing my kid points or sanctions. You should feel the same.

I didn't call any women fat, my second post was a bit out of line and I'll cop that.

plague
14-04-2024, 07:14 PM
These 2 parents also argued about the refs age and apparently plays for another team in same competition? In same age group?I don?t know if that?s true so don?t hold that against me but that was mentioned in their tiff. If true that?s not on. Surely the age below at least. Not same or older ages until adulthood.

My understanding is that they try not to put kids as centre ref in the age/div as they play. I don't know if this is an official rule or just a guide. Agree it should be avoided at all costs though.

Thomas477
14-04-2024, 08:10 PM
That's not actually true, they have to do a certain number of hours and be signed off by an assessor before they can ref PYL - and they don't come from community straight into JDL either, most are playing PYL or the div below - those that do play.

Anyway for those commenting on the referees and selection of, maybe sign up for a course or get your kids to and then everyone can stop complaining - watch your kid ref a game and get a better perspective and then you can also comment on their stuff ups - because they will, no one is perfect.

Just be thankful the boys get ref's the girls can't even get a full set for a game that's supposed to be a knockout tournament played to win a trophy. #complainless.

And yes there was a ref assessor / 4th there, the ref's are learning and I'm interested to see if the yellow from the 18's gets turned into a red based on the 4th officials report.

Actually, as a former member of Northern refs, first years with Northern get put straight onto JDL at a minimum, if not PYL, it varies on their age and ability. What else can they put them on in Northern comps? That?s my point, it?s a much better apprenticeship to learn on the community grades first rather than going straight into JDL or PYL. Sure some can handle it at Northern level, but a lot can?t. Much better off to learn on low level u/12s or u/13s interdistrict than PYL. Just because you play at a level doesn?t mean you have the ability to ref up to it.

Agree with your second paragraph, the amount of people who comment on rules but have never even done a LotG course is astounding

sapdad
15-04-2024, 10:22 AM
My eldest son plays and referees in YPL.Just to add to some good points from earlier posts.When you pass the NNSW test to become a ref you need to nominate which comp you want to referee in.You choose either community or NPL,but once you choose you go into that associations pool and dont get to ref the other comps.So there is no ability to do a few community games before stepping up to NPL.Junior refs in NPL do as much JDL as they can before being assessed and moved to NPL youth.Restrictions on age and playing level mean that there are generally always a lot of 13/14 year olds available but 15/16 and up is where there is a massive drop off in numbers.This is 99% caused by kids giving it up because of abuse.Sugar coat it all you want but parents and coaches are the problem and its always parents and coaches who dont know the rules or policies and its always clubs that let the abuse happen that cause it.My son has never had any really bad interactions and the fact he has played with and against a lot of players and coaches over the years means he has good relationships with the majority of the people involved and gets a lot of respect back.He does have friends who immediately decline work when they are put on games involving parent groups and coaches who have abused them in the past.That will keep happening until they give it up for good then the cycle continues where we hope the next crop of 13/14 year olds keep it going.Im not going to comment on the specific incident mentioned a few posts back but I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone could stand around and let that happen.If it was 1 person doing that,you remove them and everything else is fine.But by doing nothing,it happens next week,then the week after,then by more people who feel they can do it too.The end result is refs not turning up and those same parents complaining that their teams dont get good refs anymore.Whatever some people think about it,referees are at work and the ground is their workplace.No one in any walk of life would take getting abused in their workplace so why they think a soccer field is any different is the problem.A parent abusing a minor at a game (the threat of a head butt would count) is a criminal offence.Its going to be a sad day when police start getting called to junior games but that is where it will end up.NNSW are in a tough spot as they must ensure a safe workplace for their employees just like everyone else.Hopefully all the parents and coaches on here do their bit so it never gets to that.

WOW2.0
15-04-2024, 02:54 PM
Seems to be quite a lot of missing updates in Squadi and even some incorrect scores recorded

i.e. Lakes 13s is down as a 0:0 draw, 14s lakes is showing as a 4:0 win, but I was told that wasn't the margin for either game

I'll run a championship spreadsheet when they are updated

Magic still shows a 1:0 win in round 2 for 14s, but I know that was 2:0 as I stayed to watch...someone at the club might want to get that fixed up...probably worth everyone checking how the scores have been recorded actually

WOW2.0
15-04-2024, 06:01 PM
Managed to muddle through the missing Div 1 results

1. NCF - 39pts
2. Lambton - 38pts
3. Magic - 35pts
4. Olympic - 31pts
5. Edgeworth - 26pts
6. Lake Macquarie - 25pts
7. Valentine - 25pts
8. Weston - 18pts
9. New Lambton - 14pts
10. Maitland - 10pts
11. Mid Coast - 6pts
12. Cooks Hill - 1pt

Only result missing is Jaffas Vs Cooks Hill in u16s (which might push Jaffas to no.1 if it has been played yet)

I'll do Div 2 later...enjoy

WOW2.0
15-04-2024, 10:54 PM
Div2

1. Charlestown - 44pts
2. NIAS - 31pts
3. Rosebuds - 24pts
4. Cessnock - 24pts
5. Belswans - 22pts
6. West Wallsend - 21pts
7. South Cardiff - 21pts
8. Kahibah - 21pts
9. Singleton - 9pts
10. Toronto - 7pts
11. Thornton - 5pts

Number of games played is more varied than Div1 (1 has played 8 (Singleton), another has played 20 (Cessnock) so will flatten out over time

BP Super Dynamos
17-04-2024, 11:20 PM
After all the recent talk of poorly behaved supporters, I'd like to acknowledge the players and spectators at tonight's U18 Cup match @ Weston v New Lambton. I had the pleasure of refereeing, something I've not done in 20 years, a match played in a competitive spirit between 2 respectful sides. After the match, almost all of the players, coaches and supporters thanked me for my efforts.

matjpacker
18-04-2024, 07:55 AM
After all the recent talk of poorly behaved supporters, I'd like to acknowledge the players and spectators at tonight's U18 Cup match @ Weston v New Lambton. I had the pleasure of refereeing, something I've not done in 20 years, a match played in a competitive spirit between 2 respectful sides. After the match, almost all of the players, coaches and supporters thanked me for my efforts.

As the VP at New Lambton, that is wonderful to hear, glad the lads have been paying attention to all the internal messaging we?ve been sending. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

sapdad
18-04-2024, 10:20 AM

Great post mate,and well done to the kids and clubs for their support.Hope the whistle wasnt too rusty after 20 years.

WOW2.0
22-04-2024, 03:48 PM
Only 4 clubs got to play this weekend (so, I'll update my table later)

But one thing noticed today, the NCF Maitland games...there are 3 different scores published for 13s (maybe the other age groups too)

- NCF published 0-0
- Squadi season fixtures published 2-0 win for NCF
- Squadi also published 2-2 under the match center "action log" for the same game

Anyone know what the actual score was? And why Squadi has so many bugs 🤦

Cunning stunts
23-04-2024, 12:18 PM
It was 2-2

Dreamtime Yowie
24-04-2024, 01:44 PM
Only 4 clubs got to play this weekend (so, I'll update my table later)

But one thing noticed today, the NCF Maitland games...there are 3 different scores published for 13s (maybe the other age groups too)

- NCF published 0-0
- Squadi season fixtures published 2-0 win for NCF
- Squadi also published 2-2 under the match center "action log" for the same game

Anyone know what the actual score was? And why Squadi has so many bugs 🤦

Is squadi the actual table that nnsw go off? Or do they have a proper one that?s actually correct. Because I?ve seen so many wrong scores posted along a few grades over the years. It can?t be that hard to upload results surely.
Maybe it?s because they are letting young refs to upload them.
Is it just me or a referees getting younger and younger these days? They probably don?t know how to do it.

sapdad
24-04-2024, 03:18 PM
Is squadi the actual table that nnsw go off? Or do they have a proper one that?s actually correct. Because I?ve seen so many wrong scores posted along a few grades over the years. It can?t be that hard to upload results surely.
Maybe it?s because they are letting young refs to upload them.
Is it just me or a referees getting younger and younger these days? They probably don?t know how to do it.

This year was the first year my son has been required to upload scores and information direct to squadi.This is done at halftime and full time and the centre referee is responsible for inputting it and information is correlated between all officials (who also keep track of goals and cards).My son had issues with it in the pre-season trials in which case he sent the relevant information directly to NNSW if squadi wasnt working.So far this season he hasnt had any issues so it may be more a case of human error rather than a problem with the app.As for your other question,yes referees are getting younger.Ive commented on that issue in the thread before and you only need to look back a few pages to see why.Its no secret,kids dont want to deal with the abuse.So if you have time go sit the course and get involved,and get your child to do the same.If thats not possible the least you can do is not abuse officials and if you see any cases of it help out and stop it.Because the longer I am involved the game,its always the parents who dont know the rules who yell the loudest and then complain the most when they dont have refs for their matches.

Jim
24-04-2024, 08:14 PM
So if you have time go sit the course and get involved,and get your child to do the same.If thats not possible the least you can do is not abuse officials and if you see any cases of it help out and stop it.Because the longer I am involved the game,its always the parents who dont know the rules who yell the loudest and then complain the most when they dont have refs for their matches.

Lets get off the self righteous horse for a minute.
Ive offered at several clubs to do those same jobs admin, scores, game day sheets but clubs are insular and prefer to keep those jobs for the mates and wives.

And if kids are illiterate they probably shouldnt be refing. No I dont abuse refs before you point your grubby finger just morons on here.

sapdad
24-04-2024, 09:09 PM
Lets get off the self righteous horse for a minute.
Ive offered at several clubs to do those same jobs admin, scores, game day sheets but clubs are insular and prefer to keep those jobs for the mates and wives.

And if kids are illiterate they probably shouldnt be refing. No I dont abuse refs before you point your grubby finger just morons on here.

Im not sure what youre getting angry about Jim but I wasnt directing anything at you,or the post I replied to.The simple fact is there arent enough referees,so if anyone wants to help then theres an option.In the same way clubs dont have enough volunteers in other areas so if youre part of that community who puts in to help then none of my comments have anything to do with the likes of you.I dont referee either,but I do my part in other areas.I dont expect everyone to be able to do it,but it would be nice to see a bit more appreciation for the kids that do have a go at refereeing.