PDA

View Full Version : 2024 NPL Women's

Aegon
13-11-2023, 11:49 AM
Time for the 2024 thread as we are already in pre-season for some clubs.

late_to_the_game
05-12-2023, 02:49 PM
Rumors of movement of good players from Maitland to Magic? Anyone actually know for sure?

While we are - predictions for the year?

onlooker
13-12-2023, 11:07 AM
Rumors of movement of good players from Maitland to Magic? Anyone actually know for sure?

While we are - predictions for the year?

I have heard of one player making that change was a first grader season just gone. But wouldn?t surprise me if there were more as the new magic coach was at Maitland in their first year.

onlooker
07-01-2024, 02:29 PM
Have had it confirmed 3 Maitland 1st graders have joined Magic. Any other known transfers? The only teams I have seen posted is Warners Bay and Olympic Youth.

Why don?t clubs post more of these things on their socials? I coach in the Maitland system and have no idea who else has left or who has come into replace them. I understand keeping it quiet whilst still trying to get the moves over the line but let people know when you pull off a good transfer and name squads so everyone knows the squads.

Taffy
08-01-2024, 10:23 AM
Have had it confirmed 3 Maitland 1st graders have joined Magic. Any other known transfers? The only teams I have seen posted is Warners Bay and Olympic Youth.

Why don?t clubs post more of these things on their socials? I coach in the Maitland system and have no idea who else has left or who has come into replace them. I understand keeping it quiet whilst still trying to get the moves over the line but let people know when you pull off a good transfer and name squads so everyone knows the squads.

It would be beneficial to announce your signings and get some promotion. The men's leagues do it

MCG_1997
14-01-2024, 10:03 PM
Is there any trial match coming up?

onlooker
15-01-2024, 02:08 PM
Some must only be doing the preseason cup games as trials, as I?ve seen nothing other then magic at the Maso cup.

SAPDADDY
18-01-2024, 08:35 AM
It would be beneficial to announce your signings and get some promotion. The men's leagues do it

The league is dead

onlooker
18-01-2024, 11:32 PM
The league is dead

I wouldn?t go as far as saying it?s dead, last season we had 5/6 competitive teams that?s probably been the best yet. But I would suggest a face lift is needed, maybe a consideration to merger with the central coast top division needs to be looked at. Now I know very little about that comp but a comp of more then 8 teams would be nice.

MCG_1997
20-01-2024, 11:03 PM
Broadmeadow played Emerging Jets today at Magic Park. It was an entertaining game. Jets won 5-2.

MCG_1997
25-01-2024, 10:24 PM
Is there any game this weekend? Might go watch if I am too bored.

SAPDADDY
03-02-2024, 09:46 AM
Is there any game this weekend? Might go watch if I am too bored.

Seems like lots of Olympic players are now at Maitland.. do they play each other in a trial??

Who are the coaches getting around this year? Haven?t seen anyone posted..

onlooker
03-02-2024, 10:38 AM
Seems like lots of Olympic players are now at Maitland.. do they play each other in a trial??

Who are the coaches getting around this year? Haven?t seen anyone posted..

Coaches for 2024

Maitland - Keelan Hamilton
Magic - Nima Nikfarjam
Adamstown- Martin Slade
Mid Coast- Mandi Langlar
Olympic- Craig Atkins ( I believe)
Charlestown- Not sure
New Lambton - Not sure
Warners Bay- Ryan Swinkels

Kickandgiggle
04-02-2024, 02:59 PM
Only a few weeks till the season begins, is there a reason why it is so early this year?

Any trial news?
Maitland had a big win over Warners bay.

Charlestown lost 3-2 to Sydney Uni

Magic continued collecting silverware winning the maso cup

Taffy
05-02-2024, 09:23 AM
Only a few weeks till the season begins, is there a reason why it is so early this year?

Northern won't both NPL leagues to kick off the same weekend and they want the NPL grand final to be the final game played in the year. Some comps need to start earlier to ensure this can happen

straightred88
05-02-2024, 11:04 PM
Coaches for 2024

Magic - Nima Nikfarjam
Adamstown- Martin Slade
Mid Coast- Mandi Langlar
Charlestown- Not sure
New Lambton - Not sure

What happend to the Hollywood actor who was at New Lambton who came from Cardiff ZPL ?

onlooker
05-02-2024, 11:41 PM
What happend to the Hollywood actor who was at New Lambton who came from Cardiff ZPL ?
I have no idea who the have announced as head coach since Greg Lowe left and went back to the Jets academy. I had a look through there socials of Facebook but found nothing or didn?t look far enough back.

I know nothing
05-02-2024, 11:51 PM
Aaron from Belswans is who I heard went to New Lambton as first grade coach.
Warners Bay gave Adamstown a run for their money on the weekend in a trial match. Stuck my head in for a look, you could tell Warners Bay don?t want to come last again.
Not many teams have put too much information out yet about their teams. They all must be trying to keep things quiet for some reason.

Not4theluv
06-02-2024, 11:25 AM
Good pick up by NL with Steadman coming in as caretaker coach until the Jets ALW season is over.
Lots of players still unavailable for most teams due to holidays or work so hard to gauge trial form.
I was at the Bay v Adamstown game for the Second half. Wasn't a great game but it was refreshing to see two teams trying to play and improve with the players that they have as opposed to the " Big 3" clubs happy to pay overs for not just first graders but Reserve graders just to guarantee success again, new year same thing, just becomes boring.

MCG_1997
06-02-2024, 09:51 PM
Statement from Johan Cruyff:
"Why couldn't you beat a richer club?
I have never seen a bag of money score a goal".
I think clubs will need to find the right coach to begin with. Then trust the decision he/she makes and give enough time to develop their players. Depends on the quality of the players they have, it may take a season or two to have decent squad. Otherwise, buy developed players and don't worry about future

Not4theluv
07-02-2024, 12:06 PM
Thanks for that Johan
Maybe Adamstown have found that coach you mention - I heard they played a 2-2 draw with Magic with both sides close to full strength, can anyone confirm?

MCG_1997
07-02-2024, 12:10 PM
That's correct. I've heard that too. Adamstown lost many players to the Jets academy and the new coach is doing a great job rebuilding the team. Despite being a trial match, it was a good result especially they were leading 2-1.

Game Leader
14-02-2024, 03:34 PM
Biggest season for player movement ?
Olympic, New Lambton, Bay and Mid Coast bottom four is my prediction.

Taffy
16-02-2024, 09:37 AM
Ladder Prediction

Magic
Maitland
Azzurri
Olympic
Adamstown
New Lambton
Warners Bay
Mid Coast

MCG_1997
18-02-2024, 12:28 PM
1. Magic
2. Maitland
3. Azzurri
4. Adamstown
5. Olympic
6. New Lambton
7. Middy
8. Warners Bay

sideline88
19-02-2024, 03:42 PM
i think everyone going to be very similar across the board prediction wise for this this season! bring on round 1 this weekend

1. Maitland
2. Magic
3. Adamstown
4. Azzuri
5. Olympic
6. New Lambton
7. Warners Bay
8. Middies

Yato
19-02-2024, 05:45 PM
1. Magic
2. Maitland
3. Azzurri
4. Olympic
5. New Lambton
6. Adamstown
7. Middies
8. Warners Bay

Reserves:- Olympic
17's:- Maitland
15's:- Magic
13's:- Magic

onlooker
20-02-2024, 09:09 PM
Mid coast not running a res grade team this year. Already a small amount of teams and now there is a bye in that grade. Wonder if this could be the beginning of the women?s program going the same way as the men?s where they don?t run senior teams. This comp can?t afford to lose a team hopefully northern are being proactive and working on a solution.

onlooker
20-02-2024, 10:11 PM
Coaches for 2024

Magic - Nima Nikfarjam
Adamstown- Martin Slade
Mid Coast- Mandi Langlar
Charlestown- Not sure
New Lambton - Not sure

Charlestown- Heath Whyte

Not4theluv
21-02-2024, 02:34 PM
why is it some of these teams don't have coaches named when R1 is a matter of days away. Maybe NNSW need to relax the rules for the level of qualifications required to coach at this level which I believe is currently a B licence? I wonder if the coaches who have been named have the required qualifications and the unnamed ones do not.
Good luck to all the teams on the weekend especially the battlers!

I know nothing
22-02-2024, 11:47 PM
Good luck to all teams for the first round. Let?s hope the underdogs can win a few and make the competition a lot better than last year. I personally think New Lambton might come last going off the trial matches they played, only time will tell. It would be real nice though to see Mid Coast and Warners Bay win a few after last year, their first match might be a good one but so will Adamstown Vs Olympic. Which game will you be watching ?

MCG_1997
23-02-2024, 12:31 AM
Hopefully we don't see the scorelines we saw last year, where double digit was a normal occurrence.
I will be watching Charlestown v Maitland. I think Charlestown will have a surprise for Maitland.

Bremsstrahlung
23-02-2024, 06:45 AM
Are posts getting deleted or am I going crazy?

ForeverRed
23-02-2024, 08:41 AM
Hopefully we don't see the scorelines we saw last year, where double digit was a normal occurrence.
I will be watching Charlestown v Maitland. I think Charlestown will have a surprise for Maitland.

Maybe instead of increasing the prize money it could have went to better coaching, improving the standard

Alton
23-02-2024, 09:23 AM
Maybe instead of increasing the prize money it could have went to better coaching, improving the standard

Spot on Red, big call with the prize money

sideline88
23-02-2024, 11:02 AM
Which game will you be watching ? i think Azzurri v Maitland and Buds V Olympic will be the 2 to watch this weekend!

onlooker
23-02-2024, 11:11 AM
I think there will be a clear top 4 and bottom. Hopefully I?m wrong but the player incomings to the outgoings haven?t made me think teams have got stronger, except Maitland.

I think the top 4 will be
Maitland
Azzurri
Olympic
Magic

Can?t see Bay and Middies challenging, with Adamstown and New Lambton trying to be the best of the rest.

MCG_1997
23-02-2024, 02:28 PM
Let's start with Rnd1 predictions:

Azzurri 3-3 Maitland
Magic 5-2 New Lambton
Adamstown 3-2 Olympic
Warners Bay 2-2 Middy

onlooker
23-02-2024, 11:25 PM
Azzurri 2-3 Maitland
Magic 3-0 New Lambton
Adamstown 1-3 Olympic
Warners 2-1 Middies

onlooker
24-02-2024, 09:17 AM
Azzurri V Maitland OFF

MCG_1997
24-02-2024, 09:28 PM
Magic 3-2 New Lambton.
Reserve grade got called off.

onlooker
26-02-2024, 02:21 PM
Well the opening weekend did nothing to change my thoughts it will be a clear top and bottom 4. The lack of talent in the first grade in my opinion stems from the win at all cost philosophy some clubs have in their youth system and not having the main focus on developing their players into good footballers which will still go along way to winning football games.

I also think there needs to be a salary cap to stop teams buying the comp in both men and women?s the prize money is less then the out lay on players and let?s be honest the cost is not worth the product currently on show.

Alton
27-02-2024, 09:13 AM
Well the opening weekend did nothing to change my thoughts it will be a clear top and bottom 4. The lack of talent in the first grade in my opinion stems from the win at all cost philosophy some clubs have in their youth system and not having the main focus on developing their players into good footballers which will still go along way to winning football games.

I also think there needs to be a salary cap to stop teams buying the comp in both men and women?s the prize money is less then the out lay on players and let?s be honest the cost is not worth the product currently on show.

And with additional prize money it is going to become a 2 to 3 team competition year in year out

matjpacker
27-02-2024, 10:42 AM
Unfortunately, at this level, a salary cap only moves payments to the car park?as will the professional contracts coming in next season, suddenly players will only be getting $50 a game on the books, with the rest coming in a brown paper bag or via ?employment? at a major sponsor.

Undertaker
28-02-2024, 09:18 PM

Magic just scrapped past a New Lambton team with only one of their marquee signings/Jets girls in the 91st minute? Not sure how nothing has changed when New Lambton have shown they will be close to that top 4 or Magic won?t cut it with the other 3

onlooker
28-02-2024, 09:37 PM
Magic just scrapped past a New Lambton team with only one of their marquee signings/Jets girls in the 91st minute? Not sure how nothing has changed when New Lambton have shown they will be close to that top 4 or Magic won?t cut it with the other 3

Did you watch the game or just go off the score? Because I watched it and Magic controlled the game from start to finish. Should have had more than 3 goals but looked a bit rushed and unsure in the final third but knowing their coach that will change. New Lambton scored their goals from a silly foul, the GK stood on the far post and Andrew?s only had to get the shot on target, then the second was from a misplaced pass on the 18 yard box. I didn?t see anything that showed me they will be close to the top 4. For the sake of the competition I really hope I am wrong and will happily admit it if I am.

onlooker
01-03-2024, 02:21 PM
Rnd 2 starts tonight

Magic 1-3 Maitland
Bay 2-4 New Lambton
Azzurri 6-0 Adamstown
Olympic 10-0 Middies

MCG_1997
07-03-2024, 01:12 PM
Round 3 predictions:
Magic 2-1 Azzurri
Buds 5-1 Middies
WB 1-7 Maitland
NL 2-3 Olympic

MCG_1997
13-03-2024, 11:03 PM
The page has been quite. Let's start it with round 4 prediction:
Magic 4-0 Adamstown
Olympic 2-2 Maitland
Middies 2-4 New Lambton
Azzurri 7-1 WB

I know nothing
15-03-2024, 06:10 PM
Magic 4-0 Adamstown
Olympic 2-2 Maitland
Middies 0-5 New Lambton
Charlestown 4-2 Warners Bay

Olympic v Maitland should be a good game to watch.
Charlestown v Warners Bay could also be a good game. 2 main girls for the Bay playing the team they left early last season.

I know nothing
22-03-2024, 07:05 PM
Let?s see what happens this weekend

Olympic 4-2 Azzuri
Maitland 15-0 MidCoast
Adamstown 2-4 NewLambton
WarnersBay 0-10 Magic

I really hope I am wrong.
These scores are terrible.

MCG_1997
22-03-2024, 10:16 PM
Olympic 3-3 Azzuri
Maitland 12-1 Middies
Adamstown 2-5 New Lambton
Warners Bay 0-8 Magic

MCG_1997
22-03-2024, 11:39 PM
Seen in the Herald News that Adriana Konjarski is retiring after this weekend's game vs WB. Magic is going to be in a bit of trouble against Olympic and Maitland who recruited more players.

late_to_the_game
23-03-2024, 07:14 PM
Didn't AJ get a second yellow for dissent against Azzurri?

MCG_1997
23-03-2024, 07:15 PM
Sure did and missed Adamstown game.

MCG_1997
28-03-2024, 12:00 PM
League Cup
Magic v New Lambton
Res: 3-1
1st: 5-2

onlooker
07-04-2024, 05:57 PM
With results in the league cup games and the half time score between Warners Bay and Adamstown (4-5). Do any teams actually work on defence because it?s starting to become ridiculous with these scores.

MCG_1997
07-04-2024, 08:40 PM
Apparently their best defensive strategy is to attack. Just saying haha

onlooker
08-04-2024, 08:56 AM
Apparently their best defensive strategy is to attack. Just saying haha

It was 4-4 after 14mins ( or so like that) 8-5 at full time.
Honestly if you?re a talented footballer in this area your only chance to have a chance of doing anything with it is to travel to Sydney. The Jets academy is a joke at the moment. 14?s 15?s and 16?s compete most weeks. 18?s/res every so often but 1st grade are lambs to the slaughter every week.

MCG_1997
09-04-2024, 08:50 PM
If Jets stay in Newey and play in our NPL, that will surely strengthen our competition. That will also reduce travel time, rego fee, etc for the parents.

onlooker
09-04-2024, 10:48 PM
If Jets stay in Newey and play in our NPL, that will surely strengthen our competition. That will also reduce travel time, rego fee, etc for the parents.
Can honestly say if the Jets Academy were not playing their football in Sydney, I wouldn?t have my daughter in the program currently. The only benefit is the level of competition there isn?t much else that is attractive about the Academy.

MCG_1997
24-04-2024, 10:04 PM
Does anyone know how Northern select "Match of the Round"?
This weekend, Maitland is hosting Magic which is the battle of 2nd and 1st place; however, match of the round is New Lambton v Warners Bay.

Jim
25-04-2024, 06:17 PM
Can honestly say if the Jets Academy were not playing their football in Sydney, I wouldn?t have my daughter in the program currently. The only benefit is the level of competition there isn?t much else that is attractive about the Academy.

Pretty much

I know nothing
25-04-2024, 11:11 PM
I guess not everyone wants Magic or Maitland to be round of the week every week? Does it really matter anyway.

MCG_1997
26-04-2024, 08:09 AM
No, it doesn't. I was just curious to know how they pick these games. That's all.

onlooker
26-04-2024, 01:42 PM
Depending on who is doing commentary sometimes it?s better if your team isn?t match of the round. I know I preferred it last year when Maitland wasn?t.