PDA

View Full Version : 2024 Northern League One

Aegon
13-11-2023, 11:50 AM
Time for the 2024 thread as we are already in pre-season for some clubs.

Southy Melon
14-11-2023, 06:41 PM
Hearing news that Wallsend have shut up shop

straightred88
14-11-2023, 06:52 PM

Heard the same thing, but also heard their zone team is gone as well? Who knows

Avocadomexican
14-11-2023, 07:17 PM

Heard that too. Unsure about their ZL side

Reds Forever
14-11-2023, 11:13 PM
Confirmed on Herald website. Wallsend not fielding teams in seniors or youth football for 2024.

Taffy
15-11-2023, 09:20 AM
Be interesting to see what happens with the league with promotion and relegation. There was to be none next year to make it a ten team comp and relegation starts in 2025

Alton
15-11-2023, 01:43 PM
The thistles to take their spot

GO AWAY
15-11-2023, 04:49 PM
Very sad news for a once great proud club

The Postman
15-11-2023, 05:25 PM
Either keep it at 8 or send up the Suns and Dudley and it?ll be 10 team comp all the way through.

Speaking of, any other clubs pulling out or new clubs arriving on the scene? Did all clubs accepting Promotion/Relegation?

*2023 standings

NewFM
Toronto
West Wallsend
Singleton
Kahibah
South Cardiff
Thornton
Belswans
Cessnock
*Wallsend - Gone

ZL1
Suns
Dudley
Warners Bay
Mayfield
Kotara South
Swansea
Westlakes
Olympic
Uni
Azzurri
Minmi
Cardiff City

ZL2
Azzurri
Croatia
Norths
Stockton
South Maitland
New Lambton
Bolwara
Merewether
Mayfield
*Wallsend - Gone

ZL3
Southern United
Lambton
Kurri Kurri
Greta
Nelson Bay
Barnsley
Cooks Hill
Medowie
Cardiff City
Bellbird

Hunter403
15-11-2023, 05:58 PM
Wallsend provided an under 18 side as Northern Inland could not. I wonder if NNSWF will require any promoted side to fulfil that role as NI won't field an 18s again in 24.

riverboy
15-11-2023, 07:23 PM
Why did wallsend fold in northern league 1?

Hunter403
15-11-2023, 07:45 PM

Hopefuly someone from the club can answer that.

Reds Forever
15-11-2023, 07:51 PM
They are not being very open on their FB page. This post went up earlier this afternoon.

"just an update there will be no senior trials at this stage we would like to thank everyone that trialed last Thursday and if any further updates become available we will post it here"

Reds Forever
15-11-2023, 07:51 PM
Wallsend provided an under 18 side as Northern Inland could not. I wonder if NNSWF will require any promoted side to fulfil that role as NI won't field an 18s again in 24.

Don't you only need Youth if intending to be promoted to NPL?

ForeverRed
15-11-2023, 08:00 PM
No money or committee, people with egos left the club a mess and there?s no recovering

amishpanda
15-11-2023, 08:34 PM
No money or committee, people with egos left the club a mess and there?s no recovering

Your first answer is closest to the mark.

1. Having no decent council ground to play at, they were forced to pay the Gardens an astronomical fee for what was reportedly the worst pitch in the competition with inadequate lighting and zero off-field support
2. A lack of committee members meant that the committee of the day could only get through the bare minimum admin work to actually field teams and run the club
3. Item 2 meant that there was zero capacity to attempt community engagement or sponsorship engagement, or to develop other income streams
4. There is a lack of financial and business nous within the existing and past committee to turn things around, especially considering items 2 and 3
5. A seeming lack of community support for the club.

In short; They have nowhere suitable to play but The Gardens. That establishment fleeced that sheep a little too often and it's now dead from exposure.

It's a crying shame that people like FR need to feel good about themselves by throwing s**t at past committee members who only ever wanted the best for the club.

Did they have egos? Probably.
Did they always agree with each other? Absolutely not.
Did they often have to fight for what they thought was the right thing to do? Always.
Did they always endeavor to better the club, and up until this point drag a club with zero community support and a s***show of a facility problem into NL1 and keep it there for a number of years, winning a few GF's in the process? Absolutely, and regardless of their egos or disagreements - every one of them should be proud of the effort they put in to accomplish what they did.

Get back in your box.

W8 WATCHER
15-11-2023, 08:50 PM

If everyone remembers correctly, a ego left your club a mess too? Ahlsiemes kicking in I think.
🪞 🪞

ForeverRed
15-11-2023, 09:57 PM
If everyone remembers correctly, a ego left your club a mess too? Ahlsiemes kicking in I think.
🪞 🪞
You?re out of your depth, on your bike big boy

ForeverRed
15-11-2023, 10:01 PM

1. Having no decent council ground to play at, they were forced to pay the Gardens an astronomical fee for what was reportedly the worst pitch in the competition with inadequate lighting and zero off-field support
2. A lack of committee members meant that the committee of the day could only get through the bare minimum admin work to actually field teams and run the club
3. Item 2 meant that there was zero capacity to attempt community engagement or sponsorship engagement, or to develop other income streams
4. There is a lack of financial and business nous within the existing and past committee to turn things around, especially considering items 2 and 3

In short; They have nowhere suitable to play but The Gardens. That establishment fleeced that sheep a little too often and it's now dead from exposure.

It's a crying shame that people like FR need to feel good about themselves by throwing s**t at past committee members who only ever wanted the best for the club.

Did they often have to fight for what they thought was the right thing to do? Always.
Did they always endeavor to better the club, and up until this point drag a club with zero community support and a s***show of a facility problem into NL1 and keep it there for a number of years, winning a few GF's in the process? Absolutely, and regardless of their egos or disagreements - every one of them should be proud of the effort they put in to accomplish what they did.

Get back in your box.
My response is straight from a committee members mouth stupid, not once did I throw shit, your ego is your problem, you have zero idea going off your response, on your bike lad

ForeverRed
15-11-2023, 10:02 PM
🪞 🪞
Oh please inform me more, I?m waiting fatso

ForeverRed
15-11-2023, 10:21 PM
🪞 🪞
Club was in great condition and still is, it has a strong youth program unlike some and recently made a grand final unlike some,

ForeverRed
15-11-2023, 10:22 PM

Get back in your box.
Great response proving you have zero idea, makes me laugh, 😂😂

GO AWAY
15-11-2023, 10:45 PM
Club was in great condition and still is, it has a strong youth program unlike some and recently made a grand final unlike some,

No need to bring cEssnock in to this.

Hunter403
16-11-2023, 07:27 AM

True, but my point is that their withdrawal also diminishes the PYL

Hunter403
16-11-2023, 07:33 AM
Great response proving you have zero idea, makes me laugh, ����

If you think Amishpanda has no idea, how about you tell us why Wallsend are gone? You must have some insight if you can bag his response like that.

ForeverRed
16-11-2023, 08:55 AM
If you think Amishpanda has no idea, how about you tell us why Wallsend are gone? You must have some insight if you can bag his response like that.
Read my post

BBscone
16-11-2023, 08:58 AM

Get back in your box. Lets be honest old mate. Excuses. The ground issues could have been avoided if they were smart. They weren't. Some of the decisions in and around players, coaching and Juniors were just poor and Northern sat and watched this famous club spiral. The minute they couldn't field Youth teams there was no coming back. The Wallsend/western corridor to Cameron Park is the fastest growing demographic in Newcastle. Clubs like Fletcher popped up, Westy battled on, Edgeworth are smart. How do inner city teams like Cookers and NL attract players and have their success? They are surrounded by NPL teams before they got their ticket up. Not great facilities. Smart management. Wallsend leaders over the last 10 years should look in the mirror and apportion blame, Northern should put up their hand and admit they ignored the obvious and let this happen. Sad situation.

Taffy
16-11-2023, 09:19 AM

That's correct

Taffy
16-11-2023, 09:21 AM

Wallsend didn't provide the 18s because NIAS could not. NIAS not providing an U18s allowed Wallsend to join with them and provide the U18s. Had NIAS been able to field an 18s side, Wallsend would not have been allowed to field their 18s.

Alton
16-11-2023, 09:21 AM
Northern should hang their head in shame, no support for clubs in this situation,more will go just wait.

Hunter403
16-11-2023, 09:27 AM
Wallsend didn't provide the 18s because NIAS could not. NIAS not providing an U18s allowed Wallsend to join with them and provide the U18s. Had NIAS been able to field an 18s side, Wallsend would not have been allowed to field their 18s.

yeah, thanks for agreeing

Jardelsimage
16-11-2023, 09:39 AM
Northern should hang their head in shame, no support for clubs in this situation,more will go just wait.

Northern were really only concerned about their NPL clubs for years and now there NPLW clubs that womens football has hit the headlines.

The 2nd division has as you all know, is something that had to have but didn't really want it, hopefully with the restructure of the grades, things could be better.

straightred88
16-11-2023, 10:05 AM
Northern were really only concerned about their NPL clubs for years and now there NPLW clubs that womens football has hit the headlines.

The 2nd division has as you all know, is something that had to have but didn't really want it, hopefully with the restructure of the grades, things could be better.

Northern only care about $$$ that?s it. Nothing will change.

W8 WATCHER
16-11-2023, 10:25 AM

fatso here FR, why remove the post, it was kinda cute.

mark this down as the only time you have ever been right.
the club WAS in great condition, untill???? someone was involved and then removed
the club is in fantastic condition now, as someone isn't there. well done to Rob P and all committee.

p.s- its certain people like.. (this is where u take a guess) that are the contributing factor of clubs becoming extinct. maybe that is a hint, find another a hobby and stop putting shit on every club, committee, ground, development, youth structure, coaching, player movements, player payments and anything else you whinge about or have an opinion on. you were not relevant then and your not relevant now.
fatso checking out- this forum is becoming too toxic

Taffy
16-11-2023, 11:29 AM
yeah, thanks for agreeing

I didn't I pointed out why you were incorrect and why they won't be a need for a promoted team to have to have an 18s.

GO AWAY
17-11-2023, 01:11 AM
I would like to add, I?m disappointed in NNSW not stepping in and helping this great club out. Seriously this is not a blow in club, but one of the biggest ( in the past ) clubs in NNSW. Toronto has had almost closure in the last 15 years, but with communication with northern, because of our history and people caring for the club and layed out plans, NNSW listened and gave us a chance, yes FR we Havnt fulfilled youth, but we did win MP with , at a guess 80-90% Toronto juniors, ??? BUT, this is about Wallsend, was there communication with NNSW with plans for the future. TBH ??. The gardens was worst decision in their history, surely something could be done at federal park, look at ( no offence ) but grounds like Olympics, new lambton and southy all bearing football ovals these days from far from football looking facilities years ago. At Toronto, sometimes, someone always waited for someone to do the work. Can?t help but feel Wallsend have gone through similar. Im upset this club is going through this, but unlike FR, I won?t bag the club, but I?d rather help in anyway to get Wallsend back where they should be, even if I?m a stag through and through. Wallsend needs to be a ongoing club in newcastle football and to the ones who love putting the boot in to clubs that are down, you should be ashamed.

ForeverRed
17-11-2023, 06:46 AM
I would like to add, I?m disappointed in NNSW not stepping in and helping this great club out. Seriously this is not a blow in club, but one of the biggest ( in the past ) clubs in NNSW. Toronto has had almost closure in the last 15 years, but with communication with northern, because of our history and people caring for the club and layed out plans, NNSW listened and gave us a chance, yes FR we Havnt fulfilled youth, but we did win MP with , at a guess 80-90% Toronto juniors, ??? BUT, this is about Wallsend, was there communication with NNSW with plans for the future. TBH ??. The gardens was worst decision in their history, surely something could be done at federal park, look at ( no offence ) but grounds like Olympics, new lambton and southy all bearing football ovals these days from far from football looking facilities years ago. At Toronto, sometimes, someone always waited for someone to do the work. Can?t help but feel Wallsend have gone through similar. Im upset this club is going through this, but unlike FR, I won?t bag the club, but I?d rather help in anyway to get Wallsend back where they should be, even if I?m a stag through and through. Wallsend needs to be a ongoing club in newcastle football and to the ones who love putting the boot in to clubs that are down, you should be ashamed.
Every thing I said which was minimal was straight from a committee members mouth, I would love to show you the text I received, there is a meeting at 6pm tonight at the racecourse hotel to try and solve the issues, once again I only reported what I was told

Bremsstrahlung
17-11-2023, 07:07 AM
Good post GO AWAY.

I have definitely been critical of Toronto’s inability to field some youth teams over the years. But I guess it goes to show perception and reality are two very different things in most cases. I’m glad Northern were able to help, and as a club Toronto were willing to ask for help. I think the wider community would have been a bit more sympathetic and understanding to the situation had they known the trouble and how close the club was to folding. Nobody wants a club to fold.

Football is a competitive sport. Clubs compete with eachother for players, awards, titles, coaches, grants, table position, leagues and sponsorship. It’s somewhat of a natural response to compare your club to other clubs and easy to discredit them by pointing out their shortcomings and downfalls. People like fairness and equality and when clubs appear to be getting an upper hand or exemptions, this can rub people the wrong way.

I get it, it’s nobody’s business really how a club operates, and some things stay private. Out of curiosity, was Toronto’s extenuating circumstances and involvement of NNSWF to help TAFC weather the storm, communicated to other club?
Transparency can solve a lot of issues.

I remember watching a friend play a trial at Gardens a good 13 or so years ago, and thinking what a terrible facility for football(especially considering the venues history). To hear that funds required to use the facility have contributed to their current situation is saddening. To that, surely NNSWFor CoN if approached, could come to some agreement in the short term to allow them to play out of a different ground and plan for some upgrades to another facility.
As an outsider, it’s not clear what has been done by the current committee and supporters of Wallsend to try to address the issues. But im sure, a call to arms for ex Wallsend associated people would be a good start to help rebuild the club, if not for 2024, for 2025.

At the end of the day, most are volunteers trying to juggle their own careers, families and commitments all while operating a football club. Not all have business backgrounds or the knowledge to secure grants, or sponsorship connections that others do. I don’t want NNSWF to run clubs, but I think there should be scope for clubs to reach out and say, we are not sure how to go about, say, securing a grant or sponsorship and NNSW could give them some information.

If everyone is doing their best, that’s all you can ask for. If, as you allude to with your experience, people are stagnant and waiting for others to do things, with the result of nothing getting done. That’s a cause for concern and criticism.

All the best to Wallsend.

riverboy
17-11-2023, 08:46 AM
It appears Wallsend are having a meeting tonight?
I'm presuming all their First grade team would have been targeted heavily in the last few days.
So it's probably hard to see if they will have any footprint next year considering their reserve grade came last.

Are they thinking of dropping into the Zone leagues? If so what with they will have left it's hard to see them being competitive in the top 2 levels of the Zone leagues.

Lord Elland
17-11-2023, 10:11 AM
I think we are all missing the most clear and obvious solution here, Wallsend are dead and buried there is no way for the to come back next year let them reset and rebuild in ZL2/3. Why don't we get around the people's club and continue the fairy tale of Newcastle Croatia they can skip ZPL and join NL1 and dominant the comp with a squad of unpaid players who do it for the love of the game and their club, this would be a universally loved move by Northern!!!

pv4
17-11-2023, 11:21 AM
Either keep it at 8 or send up the Suns and Dudley and it?ll be 10 team comp all the way through.

Lofty posted a month ago that Suns don't want to move up:

News to me mate. Consider it squashed. ZPL 2024 and beyond is where we want to be.

Taffy
17-11-2023, 12:16 PM

Yeah I can't see them moving teams up this year. Will just go with 8 play each other 3 times and then end of 2024 top team moves up as planned.

straightred88
17-11-2023, 01:43 PM
I think we are all missing the most clear and obvious solution here, Wallsend are dead and buried there is no way for the to come back next year let them reset and rebuild in ZL2/3. Why don't we get around the people's club and continue the fairy tale of Newcastle Croatia they can skip ZPL and join NL1 and dominant the comp with a squad of unpaid players who do it for the love of the game and their club, this would be a universally loved move by Northern!!!

You?re hard on for them is embarrassing.

Back to NL1 teams as it should in this thread, Wallsend should have had a plan years ago to develop Cook Park into their home ground imo.

northern_swan
17-11-2023, 02:44 PM

Genuine Question:
Following Pro/Rel being implemented at the end of 2024 for the 2025 season, do Suns have the option not to go up? (assuming they win the League - if not Suns then whichever club wins)

Reds Forever
17-11-2023, 02:50 PM
Genuine Question:
Following Pro/Rel being implemented at the end of 2024 for the 2025 season, do Suns have the option not to go up? (assuming they win the League - if not Suns then whichever club wins)

NNSW website has this answer in their Q&A about if optional to go up or down:
No. By competing in NPL Men?s, Northern League One and Zone Football League, all clubs will be bound by the appropriate regulations which will outline the promotion and relegation requirements of each league.

The Postman
17-11-2023, 02:59 PM
NL1 could become an interesting comp over the next couple of years.

You?ll have a handful teams with the whole Youth setup, wanting to get promoted, plus a recently relegated NPL team who surely will want to go straight back up.

These teams, you would think would be spending like $30k-$50k a season on players as well.

Then another lot of teams with just 1st and Ressies, a Zone League team just happy to be there (or not in most cases) playing for a hot dog and a beer with their mates.

Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

MurderOnZidanesFloor
17-11-2023, 04:59 PM
Ive heard with news breaking of Wallsends demise, Croatia have shown interest in moving up.

Is this a long shot due to lack of junior program?

Or if finances allow it could they, or any team for that matter, pay their way in?

Jim
18-11-2023, 08:54 PM
Ive heard with news breaking of Wallsends demise, Croatia have shown interest in moving up.

Or if finances allow it could they, or any team for that matter, pay their way in?

Pretty sure only NPL are contracted to have youth. NPL1 not. It'd be too late for a promotion now surely.

The Hacker
18-11-2023, 10:10 PM

Let them go up. They are yet to finish a season first and earn promotion. If they want to play there let them. I?m not sure any ZPL sides want to.
They would save 15 wages not having a third grade.

straightred88
18-11-2023, 11:28 PM
Let them go up. They are yet to finish a season first and earn promotion. If they want to play there let them. I?m not sure any ZPL sides want to.
They would save 15 wages not having a third grade.

Who cares if they do, at least they showing some ambition. Seems abit of jealously on here from a few that are always bringing them up.

Why doesn?t your club Dudley go up ? Or are they scared Chad ?

Taffy
20-11-2023, 09:18 AM
Who cares if they do, at least they showing some ambition. Seems abit of jealously on here from a few that are always bringing them up.

Why doesn?t your club Dudley go up ? Or are they scared Chad ?

That's what it it jealousy and fear of the unknown.

Also laughable that thirds are being paid.

Taffy
20-11-2023, 09:47 AM
Anyway it hardly matters, based on facebook posts from Wallsend over the past few days seems the jumped the gun and aren't folding, with a group looking to maintain the club going forward.

The Postman
20-11-2023, 10:09 PM
?Exciting times ahead!!

Wallsend FC are excited to announce our coaching team that will lead us into 2024. Chris Gallagher will take on the role of Head Coach, Chris is passionate about football and even more passionate about the mighty Red Devils. Chris will be supported by Joel Taylor, Trent Richardson, Matty Williams and Luke Jennings (Goal Keeping).

Everyone get on board, the Devils are back in town.?

Barely left town?

Dreamtime Yowie
21-11-2023, 01:30 PM
Got to the link road and decided to turn back at Cameron park roundabout. Good on them and good on the people jumping on board to help them out. Hope they win the lge and make a movie about it.

ForeverRed
21-11-2023, 04:44 PM
Why did it take threatened closure before people put their hands up, you needed to reach out early if they wanted help, good luck to them, hope it works out.

The Hacker
21-11-2023, 05:42 PM
?Exciting times ahead!!

Wallsend FC are excited to announce our coaching team that will lead us into 2024. Chris Gallagher will take on the role of Head Coach, Chris is passionate about football and even more passionate about the mighty Red Devils. Chris will be supported by Joel Taylor, Trent Richardson, Matty Williams and Luke Jennings (Goal Keeping).

Barely left town?

Are they going back to the bottom or will Northern let them stay in NL1

ForeverRed
21-11-2023, 06:51 PM
are they going back to the bottom or will northern let them stay in nl1

nl1

prawnhead
21-11-2023, 08:50 PM
?Exciting times ahead!!

Barely left town?

Good to see Gall get a head coaching role. He?s worked with some good coaches over last few years in his TD roles, and that will serve him well. He?ll also have excellent player contacts from his recent TD roles.

A quality guy with a real Wallsend connection. I hope they do well.

Yesk21
21-11-2023, 10:44 PM
Throwing a quick early predicted ladder up, can?t see too much changing this year with westy and the stags fighting it out for promotion, Southy finished the year strong and predicting they?ll be even better with the majority of the squad a year older. Hearing a few rumblings at kahibah so may miss the 5.

Toronto
Westy
Southy
Singo
Belswans
Thornton
Kahibah
Cessnock
Wallsend

riverboy
22-11-2023, 12:51 AM
Throwing a quick early predicted ladder up, can?t see too much changing this year with westy and the stags fighting it out for promotion, Southy finished the year strong and predicting they?ll be even better with the majority of the squad a year older. Hearing a few rumblings at kahibah so may miss the 5.

Toronto
Westy
Southy
Singo
Belswans
Thornton
Kahibah
Cessnock
Wallsend

Early? Seriously it's November

GO AWAY
22-11-2023, 07:34 AM

Toronto
Westy
Southy
Singo
Belswans
Thornton
Kahibah
Cessnock
Wallsend

I?ll take that 😀

Toronto
Westy
Singo
Belswans
Southy
Cessnock
Kahibah
Thornton
Wallsend

Taffy
22-11-2023, 10:58 AM
Returning coach Chris Gallagher believes Wallsend's shock withdrawal from the men's second division last week was the reality check the historic football club needed to spark supporters into action.

The Red Devils, formed in 1887 and believed to be Newcastle's oldest continuous football club, informed Northern NSW Football last Tuesday they were pulling out of next year's Northern League One and Premier Youth League. It came after the resignations of president Darren Hampson then coach Michael Gatt. The club has also been unable to fill requirements in the PYL. Last season they fielded only one side, in the under 18s.

Following the Newcastle Herald story revealing the club's demise, supporters held a crisis meeting on Friday night at the Racecourse Hotel. From there, a working group was formed, while Gallagher, who coached the club in 2010-14 and 2017, returned to guide the NL1 seniors.

Wallsend will now stay in NL1 in 2024 and try to again field an under-18s, while working to build their youth program for future years.

Gallagher, who coached Wallsend's under-18s last season, was happy with the rally from supporters but said the club needed more.

"I think it was kind of what the club needed, a bit of a reset, because it's sparked a lot of the old boys into action," Gallagher said.

"Greg Frame and Allen Hardes, they have been instrumental. Graham Webber and a few others were down there as well. But we want all the old boys to come down and help out, even if it's just coming down and watching.

"That's how clubs survive, it's the ex-players and the families who want to keep it going."

He said most players from this year had indicated they would return.

"Our primary focus is trying to secure first and reserve-grade teams, and depending on numbers over the next couple of weeks, we may have an under-18s," he said. "Then it's a 12-month plan try to figure out how to bring 13s to 18s back to the club, then the season after hopefully another plan to brings 9s to 18s back. But you not only need funding, but volunteers and players."

He said the club's finances were "operational" and they would save money this year by not paying players or coaches. He hoped the club's plight would attract more sponsors.

"Trying to get junior teams back at Wallsend is something we really need to do, but how we do that, I don't know, because it's a huge burden on every club, with training and match day facilities to pay for," he said.

"And when you are playing at a place like The Gardens, it's a big financial strain on the club."

Wallsend have produced 20 Australian representatives and were a powerhouse in the 1930s, '40s, '50s and '60s, but they have regularly battled tough times in lower divisions since the loss of home ground Crystal Palace in 1985. They have spent recent years at The Gardens greyhound racing venue - the former Breakers Stadium site - which they lease.

Treasurer David Maher said the club was "all fine" from a financial viewpoint.

Maher said last week's decision was "more about people".

"[The news] went out and now we've got plenty of people on board, so it's all positive," Maher said.

Gallagher said The Gardens would be leased for another 12 months but the club needed a home of their own.

"If we can get an area in Wallsend from the state or federal government where we can actually build a ground again, that would be the ultimate goal," he said.

"We need our own home and if anyone had land in the Wallsend area we could use, it would be greatly appreciated."

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/8431875/wallsend-red-devils-supporters-rally-to-keep-club-kicking/

Alton
22-11-2023, 12:09 PM
They have to bite the bullet and talk with South Wallsend, juniors at their doorstep

GO AWAY
25-11-2023, 12:32 AM
They have to bite the bullet and talk with South Wallsend, juniors at their doorstep

Sometimes ? surrounding ? junior clubs don?t see the big picture and consider a bigger senior club ( Wallsend ) talking to a junior club as a ? takeover ? rather than a coup for the areas kids. I know, Westlakes and morisett considered Toronto a takeover years ago, rather than an avenue for the more talented kids in to NL1 or NPL.

Great to see diggers sponsorship of stags continue on their FB page.

Taffy
27-11-2023, 09:09 AM
Sometimes ? surrounding ? junior clubs don?t see the big picture and consider a bigger senior club ( Wallsend ) talking to a junior club as a ? takeover ? rather than a coup for the areas kids. I know, Westlakes and morisett considered Toronto a takeover years ago, rather than an avenue for the more talented kids in to NL1 or NPL.

It's something about some juniors clubs not liking kids going on to bigger things. Seems some committee look at their club as their own little fiefdom and everything external whether it be players going to Youth League or players going into NPL or NL1 is an attack on the club and must be stopped.

Frodo
29-11-2023, 07:51 AM
It's something about some juniors clubs not liking kids going on to bigger things. Seems some committee look at their club as their own little fiefdom and everything external whether it be players going to Youth League or players going into NPL or NL1 is an attack on the club and must be stopped.

Obviously you either don't have kids Taffy or you haven't been outside in a while, because this is a clueless take.

Why would you blame the junior clubs that have done a great job of creating a fun environment that allows kids to do exactly what they want, to play football with their friends, instead of the NPL/NL1 clubs who are so terrible at attracting young kids/families to their clubs every year?

I know full well how proud the board at my club is whenever a kid makes it into the emerging Jets, or an NPL/NL1 clubs youth set up. The board will do everything they can to help out the small number of kids who want to push themselves at a higher level, but 99% of them just don't care, they only care about wanting to have fun.

So if you give me the choice between charging hundreds of kids higher fees to offset the first team just to help a club who's too lazy/poorly run to go scout and attract talented kids themselves, or keep costs down low for everyone and focus on the kids who want to push themselves when they are spotted at training. I think that's a very easy decision to make.

Taffy
29-11-2023, 09:21 AM
Obviously you either don't have kids Taffy or you haven't been outside in a while, because this is a clueless take.

Why would you blame the junior clubs that have done a great job of creating a fun environment that allows kids to do exactly what they want, to play football with their friends, instead of the NPL/NL1 clubs who are so terrible at attracting young kids/families to their clubs every year?

I'm not blaming junior clubs for anything, clearly you didn't read my post correctly.

I know full well how proud the board at my club is whenever a kid makes it into the emerging Jets, or an NPL/NL1 clubs youth set up. The board will do everything they can to help out the small number of kids who want to push themselves at a higher level, but 99% of them just don't care, they only care about wanting to have fun.

That's super.

So if you give me the choice between charging hundreds of kids higher fees to offset the first team just to help a club who's too lazy/poorly run to go scout and attract talented kids themselves, or keep costs down low for everyone and focus on the kids who want to push themselves when they are spotted at training. I think that's a very easy decision to make.

And that's your choice, don't get upset at the kids or parents for deciding to leave for one of these clubs. Or the other clubs for existing and accepting these kids coming to them.

Hunter403
29-11-2023, 10:28 AM

Not every club in NPL and NL1 charges fees to offset the cost of the seniors. While some NPL clubs certainly do and charge over $2k, others, including the one where I am, charge less than $1,000 and the first grade players don't get paid. The fees we charge cover the costs of entering teams, kits etc. Remember the team / comp fees are higher in the premier youth league than in community and that is not the fault of clubs.

As to clubs being too lazy or poorly run to scout:
a) Fronting up to a community club game or training and approaching players, even if you have introduced yourself to the coach etc, is never easy. There is always resentment from the community club, whether it is from the coach, players/parents offended that their child was not approached, players/parents upset that you are trying to take their teams best player that gives them the best chance of winning. While your contention is that the kids just want to have fun, fun includes winning, and taking away the team star lessens the chances of winning going forward.
b) All coaches at all levels are busy. Work, coaching, family etc. They may simply not have the time to go scouting community clubs. I know of several coaches that wait until the last few rounds of the community comp before they go looking and then only go to watch A grade top four teams. They play the odds that it is these teams that will have the better players.
c) Every PYL club advertises their trial dates on social media. They promote their trials. The community player has some responsibility to seek out a higher level if he wants it. Waiting for an invitation doesn't always work.

It is great that your club is supportive of the those that move up to the PYL or Jets, but I can assure your, from personal experience, that not all do. What would be even better is that clubs like yours that are favorably inclined to thier kids moving up, identify the talented kids and approach their nearlest PYL club and put the kids name forward. Perhaps build a relationship that could see PYL kids that are let go, moving to your club as well as your best kids going up.

Frodo
29-11-2023, 11:26 AM
And that's your choice, don't get upset at the kids or parents for deciding to leave for one of these clubs. Or the other clubs for existing and accepting these kids coming to them.

As I said pretty clearly, the club I am at are stoked when kids leave to play for a bigger NPL/NL1club or Emerging Jets. There is the complete opposite of resentment when one of the kids aims higher than what we can offer.

Your point was that smaller clubs that don't offer these pathways should align themselves with the bigger clubs in order to help foster youth progression, which was in reply to someone saying that a NL1 club should go and convince another local junior club to join them in order to fulfill the requirements of the league.

Basically it came down to someone like Moriset or Westlake's should just merge with Toronto and that would solve Toronto's junior issue as well as be better for the kids at Morisett/Westlakes. I highly disagree with the second part of that and anyone who's been around for more than 5 mins would probably agree.

Let junior clubs who are doing well continue to do their thing, and the higher division clubs should stop spending as much money on first teams and start spending it on building their youth teams up instead. More competitive registration fees would be a start, but less drama and nonsense from coaches/board members would also help.

Frodo
29-11-2023, 11:43 AM
It is great that your club is supportive of the those that move up to the PYL or Jets, but I can assure your, from personal experience, that not all do. What would be even better is that clubs like yours that are favorably inclined to thier kids moving up, identify the talented kids and approach their nearlest PYL club and put the kids name forward. Perhaps build a relationship that could see PYL kids that are let go, moving to your club as well as your best kids going up.

I can't comment on the first part as I have no experience either way.

But, our club has good contacts all throughout Newcastle's bigger clubs. I know there are a few that the club have great rapport with, and some that they don't. When a parent says to anyone at the club that they think their kid might need more of a challenge or whatever, we usually have someone at the club who can help them contact another club as you said.

As I said in reply to Taffy, competitive Rego fees and less nonsense from coaches/board members is usually how to get yourself good contacts.

I just don't agree that wholesale changes are needed from junior clubs to solve issues with an NL1 team. Changes need to made at the NL1 club to foster youth instead of a quick fix like taking over in some capacity an entire junior set up. Especially one that most likely always has senior football that would then be itself cut off from its junior pathways.

Taffy
29-11-2023, 12:44 PM
As I said pretty clearly, the club I am at are stoked when kids leave to play for a bigger NPL/NL1club or Emerging Jets. There is the complete opposite of resentment when one of the kids aims higher than what we can offer.

As Hunter said it's good your club is like that, others certainly aren't.

Your point was that smaller clubs that don't offer these pathways should align themselves with the bigger clubs in order to help foster youth progression, which was in reply to someone saying that a NL1 club should go and convince another local junior club to join them in order to fulfill the requirements of the league.

Basically it came down to someone like Moriset or Westlake's should just merge with Toronto and that would solve Toronto's junior issue as well as be better for the kids at Morisett/Westlakes. I highly disagree with the second part of that and anyone who's been around for more than 5 mins would probably agree.

Think that was someone else making that point, though I disagree with the statement that it won't help any kids.

Let junior clubs who are doing well continue to do their thing, and the higher division clubs should stop spending as much money on first teams and start spending it on building their youth teams up instead. More competitive registration fees would be a start, but less drama and nonsense from coaches/board members would also help.

I agree with this but that doesn't mean individual clubs don't behave as I and Hunter stated nor would doing as you suggest stop it.

Jim
29-11-2023, 04:17 PM

Can you just not be an arrogant *hole for a change. These guys were talking some truths here. Just because your chest beating club does something different WGAS.
The strain between juniors and seniors has been evident for decades in many clubs. So before you insult others stfu.
Btw what arrogant club are you at so i can send kids elsewhere. Newcastle is a small town champ.

Frodo
29-11-2023, 06:29 PM
Can you just not be an arrogant *hole for a change.

Absolutely not.

Love you Jim, you're as insightful as always.

Bremsstrahlung
29-11-2023, 09:40 PM
Just my 2 cents.
It’s possible that both exist.

I played community growing up and had no idea that NBN/NEWFM existed. My club has ID2s, I think equivalent of ZL1 now? And they invited me to fill in and train with them. Which to me was incredible that they wore a different kit and had an away strip. They wanted me to dual register but mostly play for the senior team the following year. The president called me up one day and asked if I had ever considered playing a higher level for NBN Youth and I said I’d never really heard of it but probably wouldn’t be much good. He made some calls, found some clubs that still had some open trials and got me a training trial with another club. He went above and beyond what I would have expected, and I owe him a lot of fond memories.

That said, there were talks that the club were going to merge with a nearby NBN club. We already used their facilities for a few of our a grade matches. But the junior club felt they were all about the money. That and the name and colours of the new club identity were a bit too contentious it seems.

While refereeing, I went to many community clubs and some with namesake NBN or NEWFM seniors and not many of them seemed to have a good relationship.

On paper, it makes sense. Large junior base, no seniors. Merge with no juniors, seniors in elit comps.
But the reality is, that it probably won’t work in the way it is intended or imagined.

The Hacker
30-11-2023, 11:27 AM
Now that the will they or won?t they of Wallsend has died down in all seriousness how is their strength of squad looking

GO AWAY
13-12-2023, 08:53 AM
When?s draw out ? Anyone ?

matjpacker
13-12-2023, 11:42 AM
The draft draw is with clubs currently for review, I think we?ve got to have our change requests and whatnot back to them today / tomorrow.

Avocadomexican
14-12-2023, 02:05 PM
Fixtures up on fb page

Taffy
14-12-2023, 03:02 PM
Be a good round 1, the trophy between South Cardiff and Wallsend up for grabs straight away

GO AWAY
19-01-2024, 04:58 PM
Darren Stewart Cup

Toronto Awaba v Apia 23s
February 10
Lyall Peacock 2pm

Becoming a Great day on Newcastle calendar.

GO AWAY
23-01-2024, 07:44 PM
How?s trials looking ? Not sure dates but I think stags have

Westlakes
Apia Feb 10
Azzurri

straightred88
31-01-2024, 08:14 AM
How?s trials looking ? Not sure dates but I think stags have

Westlakes
Apia Feb 10
Azzurri

Thought you blokes were playing Kahibah ?

GO AWAY
31-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Thought you blokes were playing Kahibah ?

Kahibah this Friday night yes.

GO AWAY
04-02-2024, 10:44 AM
Toronto Awaba 2 Kahibah 2

GO AWAY
06-02-2024, 05:49 PM
How goods the coverage and awareness the Darren Stewart Cup is receiving. Bar TV promoting well and in a great memory of a great footballer as well as the work ? talktomebro ? is doing. Will be a great day.

Feb 10
Toronto Awaba v Apia 20s 2pm
Jets youth v McArthur youth 4pm

Come on you stags.

straightred88
09-02-2024, 11:29 PM
Ventured out to speers point tonight for Kahibah V Croatia.
FT 5-2 Kahibah (HT 1-1)
Plenty of errors from both teams. A bit of feeling from both sides and carry on from both benches.
Kahibah looked a lot better when they took of a few of the older blokes and gave the youngsters a chance. Croatia looked like they ran out of legs.
Score doesn?t reflect the game really IMO.

riverboy
10-02-2024, 09:29 AM
Ventured out to speers point tonight for Kahibah V Croatia.
FT 5-2 Kahibah (HT 1-1)
Plenty of errors from both teams. A bit of feeling from both sides and carry on from both benches.
Kahibah looked a lot better when they took of a few of the older blokes and gave the youngsters a chance. Croatia looked like they ran out of legs.
Score doesn?t reflect the game really IMO.

Croatia certainly play alot of trial games. How many is too many? Already played 4?, Probably more then Crabs, Warners bay, Dudley, sun etc will play all pre season.

straightred88
10-02-2024, 09:46 AM
Croatia certainly play alot of trial games. How many is too many? Already played 4?, Probably more then Crabs, Warners bay, Dudley, sun etc will play all pre season.

Each to their own I suppose.

Lord Elland
10-02-2024, 08:46 PM
Can't wait for the season to start could be one to remember I think. Trouble in paradise out at Westy 3 starters from the Grand Final gone, Have stags signed anyone, can they do it again in 2024. Belswans boys back after raiding the coast, Dad's army grows at Kahibah with even more experience and a higher average age, Can the Cardiff kids improve in 2024, Hornets may actually sting a little with Maguire, Thornton to be much of the same just like the redback in the corner of the shed, New Year New Me for Singo but has there squad actually changed, Will the red devils even make it to the end of the year. So many questions can't wait for round 1 and the rumour mill to spinning

GO AWAY
11-02-2024, 09:48 AM
Awesome day for Darren Stewart Cup, great crowd and good football.

Toronto Awaba 0 Apia 0 ( Pens 3-1 stags)
Jets youth 5 McArthur youth 2

Great day #talktomebro

Taffy
13-02-2024, 09:15 AM
Jets youth 5 McArthur youth 2

Wasn't the score Jets Home 5, Jets Away 2?

Lord Elland
15-02-2024, 03:27 PM
Predictions round 1?
Westy v Singo 3-1
Southy v Wallsend 1-0
Stags v Redbacks 2-0
Belswans v Cessnock 2-1

W8 WATCHER
15-02-2024, 03:38 PM
[QUOTE=Lord Elland;271646]Predictions round 1?

Westy v Singo 4-2
Southy v Wallsend 4-1
Stags v Redbacks 3-0
Belswans v Cessnock 5-1

GO AWAY
15-02-2024, 03:49 PM
Westy 1 singo 1
Southy 3 Wallsend 0
Stags 3 Thornton 0
Belswans 3 cEssnock 1

NowToronto Awaba are reigning premiers, full teams from U9 to 1st grade. Great newTD, good President, young enthusiastic committee, long term major sponsor etc etc ?.. what?s the stag baggers going to do now ? 🎣 🤣

The Hacker
15-02-2024, 03:57 PM
Predictions round 1
Westy v Singo 3-0
Southy v Wallsend 2-0
Stags v Redbacks 3-0
Belswans v Cessnock 3-1

ForeverRed
15-02-2024, 04:31 PM
Westy 1 singo 1
Southy 3 Wallsend 0
Stags 3 Thornton 0
Belswans 3 cEssnock 1

NowToronto Awaba are reigning premiers, full teams from U9 to 1st grade. Great newTD, good President, young enthusiastic committee, long term major sponsor etc etc ?.. what?s the stag baggers going to do now ? 🎣 🤣
You?re only as good as your last game mate, a 3.1 loss in the final to the gunners 😂, sorry I had to bring it up, looking forward to the season, good luck to everyone.

MCG_1997
15-02-2024, 08:09 PM
Westy 3 singo 2
Southy 4 Wallsend 2
Stags 5 Thornton 1
Belswans 5 Cessnock 2

straightred88
16-02-2024, 12:44 AM
Predictions round 1?
Westy v Singo 3-1
Southy v Wallsend 1-0
Stags v Redbacks 2-0
Belswans v Cessnock 2-1

Westy v Singo 2-0
Southy V Wallsend 2-1
Stags V Redbacks 2-2
Belwans V Cessnock 3-2

Alton
16-02-2024, 09:04 AM
Westy 1 singo 1
Southy 3 Wallsend 0
Stags 3 Thornton 0
Belswans 3 cEssnock 1

Sounds like you finally worked out a relationship with the Juniors GA

Taffy
16-02-2024, 09:35 AM
Ladder Prediction

Belswans
Toronto
Singleton
South Cardiff
West Wallsend
Kahibah
Cessnock
Thornton
Wallsend

Avocadomexican
16-02-2024, 09:55 AM
Westy 4-1
Southy 3-0
Stags 4-2
Belswans 3-1

GO AWAY
16-02-2024, 11:19 AM
Sounds like you finally worked out a relationship with the Juniors GA

Nothing as far as joining or getting in to bed together that I know of, all teams filled by EOI and trials, whether there was some from junior club, I?m not sure. More to do with success on pitch, increasing teams year to year and hard work by greeny and others. To see the grandstand actually full last Saturday was amazing at the DS cup. Even CT was choked up by the community support of the day and the club.

Mad with football
17-02-2024, 01:07 PM
Can anyone tell me if the New FM league 1 games are on bar tv ? Or any other method to stream the games from NL1?
Thanks

ForeverRed
17-02-2024, 06:15 PM
Can anyone tell me if the New FM league 1 games are on bar tv ? Or any other method to stream the games from NL1?
Thanks
Get the veo sports app, not sure how many games are on there,

MCG_1997
17-02-2024, 08:27 PM
Thornton played Mayfield United from ZL1 and went down 1-3.

The Hacker
17-02-2024, 10:34 PM
Thornton played Mayfield United from ZL1 and went down 1-3.

Long year for Thornton in store

GO AWAY
17-02-2024, 10:40 PM
Sort of comment that would have Canterbury bulldogs favourites to win the NRL

Yesk21
18-02-2024, 08:01 AM
Few trial games this weekend to end preseason, westy v lakes, Toronto v azzurri. Any other trial games happening?

Yesk21
18-02-2024, 06:26 PM
Charlestown 2-2 Toronto

Jardelsimage
18-02-2024, 06:32 PM
Charlestown 2-2 Toronto

Charley NPL or Charley ZL3??

Yesk21
18-02-2024, 06:41 PM
charley npl or charley zl3??
npl

GO AWAY
18-02-2024, 06:46 PM
And Azzurri got two pens. Good hit out for both teams?? well done stags and good luck both for season.

Jardelsimage
18-02-2024, 06:46 PM
npl

had to ask, cheers

BP Super Dynamos
21-02-2024, 10:14 AM
Singleton 2 beat Warners Bay 1

Yesk21
21-02-2024, 12:27 PM
Westy 3-1 singo
Southy 5-0 Wallsend
Toronto 2-1 Thornton
Belswans 3-0 cessnock

Jardelsimage
21-02-2024, 12:38 PM
Westy 3-1 singo
Southy 5-0 Wallsend
Toronto 2-1 Thornton
Belswans 3-0 cessnock

Westy 3-2 singo
Southy 5-0 Wallsend
Toronto 5-1 Thornton
Belswans 4-1 cessnock

FormerlyInShapeAllStar
21-02-2024, 12:51 PM
It was actually 2-2 Singo v Warnersbay

Hunter403
21-02-2024, 01:53 PM
Westy 2-0 Singo
Southy 3-0 Wallsend
Toronto 3-0 Thornton
Belswans 3-1 Cessnock

Undertaker
21-02-2024, 04:22 PM
Westy
Toronto
Belswans
Southy
Singo
Kahibah
Cessnock
Thornton
Wallsend

Westy 4-0 Singo
Southy 3-1 Wallsend
Toronto 2-1 Thornton
Belswans 2-2 Cessnock

pv4
21-02-2024, 04:41 PM

Toronto
Westy
Southy
Singo
Belswans
Thornton
Kahibah
Cessnock
Wallsend

FG ladder prediction:
Toronto
Belswans
Westy
Southy
Singo
Kahibah
Thornton
Cessnock
Wallsend

RG ladder prediction:
Toronto
Kahibah
Belswans
Singo
Southy
Westy
Thornton
Cessnock
Wallsend

GO AWAY
22-02-2024, 09:32 AM
FG ladder prediction:
Toronto
Belswans
Westy
Southy
Singo
Kahibah
Thornton
Cessnock
Wallsend

RG ladder prediction:
Toronto
Kahibah
Belswans
Singo
Southy
Westy
Thornton
Cessnock
Wallsend

I hope you are right

Jardelsimage
24-02-2024, 09:50 AM
anyone pick Wallsend to knock Southy over 4-0 last night?

straightred88
24-02-2024, 09:51 AM

Not even Wallsend did lol

ForeverRed
24-02-2024, 11:11 AM
Poor start for the gunners but there?s no trophies handed out in February

Hunter403
24-02-2024, 03:03 PM

I think everyone expected Southy to win comfortably, especially them. Good on Wallsend for the win.
Bet one P Melon is "not happy, Jan."

straightred88
24-02-2024, 03:07 PM
I think everyone expected Southy to win comfortably, especially them. Good on Wallsend for the win.
Bet one P Melon is "not happy, Jan."

Yep, already heard he?s asked zone clubs for a trial game on their bye next round.

GO AWAY
24-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Toronto 3 Thornton 3 stags led three times 🙄
Toronto 2-0 reserves

MCG_1997
24-02-2024, 09:31 PM
Interesting. Toronto and Thornton had a 3-3 draw last year in their first battle.

northern_swan
25-02-2024, 12:31 AM
Yep, already heard he?s asked zone clubs for a trial game on their bye next round.

To be fair I’d do the same in the situation.

Mad with football
25-02-2024, 10:21 AM
Watched Toronto v Thornton entertaining game in tough conditions grass long constant rain but Thornton can consider themselves unlucky, big Fijian striker when fit for Thornton will be a handful , they ( Thornton) kept fighting and deserved a point as minimum
Belswans 10 v Cessnock 3? Either Belswans great or Hornets poor

Hunter403
25-02-2024, 07:30 PM

Apparently 2 all at half time. Either Belswans grew another leg, or Cessnock gave up

GO AWAY
29-02-2024, 11:10 AM
Westy
Draw
Toronto
Belswans

Avocadomexican
01-03-2024, 11:02 PM
Thornton 1 Westy 0
If Westy just plan on playing long balls for their quick wingers to run onto theyre gunna be in for a long season.

Mad with football
02-03-2024, 10:00 AM
Yes Westy looked dangerous early but then became very predictable, sit deep long diagonal balls to fast wide players ( every time) had the better of the game but Thornton were good, Gk Had a strong game and a good finish from striker -good start for Thornton 4/6 against minor/major premiers but long way to go.

Eastwest
04-03-2024, 04:11 PM
Watched Toronto v Thornton entertaining game in tough conditions grass long constant rain but Thornton can consider themselves unlucky, big Fijian striker when fit for Thornton will be a handful , they ( Thornton) kept fighting and deserved a point as minimum

Cant believe that was a comp game. geez

Hunter403
06-03-2024, 02:45 PM
https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/8544862/number-blunder-creates-send-off-chaos-in-second-division-match/

Down 2-1 at the time of the incorrect send off. Final score 4-1. Hope those two extra against goals don't haunt Kahibah come season end

ZLWB
06-03-2024, 03:24 PM
https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/8544862/number-blunder-creates-send-off-chaos-in-second-division-match/

Down 2-1 at the time of the incorrect send off. Final score 4-1. Hope those two extra against goals don't haunt Kahibah come season end

Can’t read the story because not a subscriber. What were the circumstances?

NUGUNS
06-03-2024, 04:30 PM

https://www.printfriendly.com/p/g/mkpu32

Copy + Paste the herald link into printfriendly and it'll pass the paywall.

ZLWB
06-03-2024, 04:31 PM

All good now thanks - cheers to the helpful co-contributor

Hunter403
06-03-2024, 10:31 PM

Northern League One side Kahibah have had a red card rescinded but a call to have their game against Belmont Swansea replayed rejected after a mix-up resulted in them having a player wrongfully sent off.

Kahibah lost 4-1 to Belswans at Lake Macquarie Regional Football Facility on Sunday night after Liam Whitehead was mistakenly sent off in the 81st minute when receiving a yellow card.

Match officials ruled it was a second booking for Whitehead, who wore No.13. However, it was confirmed post-game that Whitehead had not been booked earlier and it was No.33, Robbie Turnbull, on that occasion. Belswans led 2-1 when Whitehead was marched.

Goatscheese
07-03-2024, 09:17 AM
Northern League One side Kahibah have had a red card rescinded but a call to have their game against Belmont Swansea replayed rejected after a mix-up resulted in them having a player wrongfully sent off.

Kahibah lost 4-1 to Belswans at Lake Macquarie Regional Football Facility on Sunday night after Liam Whitehead was mistakenly sent off in the 81st minute when receiving a yellow card.

Match officials ruled it was a second booking for Whitehead, who wore No.13. However, it was confirmed post-game that Whitehead had not been booked earlier and it was No.33, Robbie Turnbull, on that occasion. Belswans led 2-1 when Whitehead was marched.

I'm sure your boys will be going in hard this weekend then, South Cardiff after a week off can't take this game too easy

GO AWAY
07-03-2024, 11:05 AM
Metford 2-0
Whitebridge 3-1
Blacksmiths 1-0
Rhonda 5-1

MCG_1997
07-03-2024, 06:42 PM
Thornton 5-2 Cessnock
Southy 1-4 Kahiba
Belswans 3-2 Singo
Wallsend 4-4 Westy

Hunter403
14-03-2024, 10:00 PM
Interesting draw. Kahibah play the team coming off the bye in every game bar 2.

Avocadomexican
16-03-2024, 12:34 AM
Kahibah v Stags = Fireworks both grades. Multiple red cards and a coach shoving the ref. classy stuff

GO AWAY
16-03-2024, 12:36 AM
Toronto Awaba 4 Kahibah 1
Very tough game, couple of reds, bit of biff.
Nothing like scenes in reserve grade where I think may have been five reds and let?s just say the ? zero tolerance ? to referees stance is about to have its first test.
Reserves Kahibah 3-1

GO AWAY
16-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Kahibah v Stags = Fireworks both grades. Multiple red cards and a coach shoving the ref. classy stuff

Zero tolerance 🙄

Hunter403
16-03-2024, 09:25 AM
Toronto Awaba 4 Kahibah 1
Very tough game, couple of reds, bit of biff.
Nothing like scenes in reserve grade where I think may have been five reds and let?s just say the ? zero tolerance ? to referees stance is about to have its first test.
Reserves Kahibah 3-1

It is zero tolerance on ref abuse. No ref's were abused. The reds were for a bad tackle followed by head butt then one coach pushing the other and the second coach for trying to knock the block of the first. Dumb stuff, but no ref abuse

W8 WATCHER
16-03-2024, 09:41 AM
It is zero tolerance on ref abuse. No ref's were abused. The reds were for a bad tackle followed by head butt then one coach pushing the other and the second coach for trying to knock the block of the first. Dumb stuff, but no ref abuse
Neanderthals at best, very poor discipline from both teams, and they want to play in NPL.
More like allage z grade. Every week, every game every year......same shit

Hopefully all lose points, lengthy suspensions and coaching staff sidelined.

ForeverRed
16-03-2024, 10:35 AM

3 reds in reserve grade going of squadi

The Postman
16-03-2024, 10:56 AM
Why is it always Awaba when there?s drama!

pv4
16-03-2024, 12:04 PM

In FG the Kahibah coach got carded for dissent, with the zero tolerance policy directly quoted to him.

In RG the Kahibah coach I've heard of two different examples of direct ref abuse, one posted already in here. The ref report would be a very interesting read, poor ref's wouldn't have gotten to bed too early last night. I can't remember the last time I saw a coach run in to an oppositions tech area and need to be restrained by multiple people.

Other than the Kahibah coaches I'd agree though, I can't think of any other cards or examples of ref abuse.

I still can't see clearly how Northern plan to roll out this zero tolerance policy, but what I saw last night if Kahibah don't get handed that suspended point penalty then I doubt Northern ever plan to hand it out.

On the games it felt like in both grades Kahibah got on top when they got in the opposition's heads and stopped them playing football. When Stags actually played, they killed them, with very little response from Kahibah. If opposition teams can stay out of the mind games I'd predict Kahibah are in for a very long season.

GO AWAY
16-03-2024, 12:47 PM
Why is it always Awaba when there?s drama!

When ?

GO AWAY
16-03-2024, 12:56 PM
In FG the Kahibah coach got carded for dissent, with the zero tolerance policy directly quoted to him.

In RG the Kahibah coach I've heard of two different examples of direct ref abuse, one posted already in here. The ref report would be a very interesting read, poor ref's wouldn't have gotten to bed too early last night. I can't remember the last time I saw a coach run in to an oppositions tech area and need to be restrained by multiple people.

Other than the Kahibah coaches I'd agree though, I can't think of any other cards or examples of ref abuse.

I still can't see clearly how Northern plan to roll out this zero tolerance policy, but what I saw last night if Kahibah don't get handed that suspended point penalty then I doubt Northern ever plan to hand it out.

On the games it felt like in both grades Kahibah got on top when they got in the opposition's heads and stopped them playing football. When Stags actually played, they killed them, with very little response from Kahibah. If opposition teams can stay out of the mind games I'd predict Kahibah are in for a very long season.

Only heard what the Kahibah ressies coach done, didn?t see it, but you would have, love how it?s obvious of what club is in deep shit, yet two certain stagbaggers pounce on them, no mention of the other club. Talk last night is stags have little to worry about. Other club not so much. But, hey, stags being finally successful must be erking a few forum regulars.

GO AWAY
16-03-2024, 01:00 PM
3 reds in reserve grade going of squadi

And both coaches I believe

W8 WATCHER
16-03-2024, 06:57 PM
Only heard what the Kahibah ressies coach done, didn?t see it, but you would have, love how it?s obvious of what club is in deep shit, yet two certain stagbaggers pounce on them, no mention of the other club. Talk last night is stags have little to worry about. Other club not so much. But, hey, stags being finally successful must be erking a few forum regulars.

1 minor premiership in 100 years, and the biggest choke in finals history. Super successful GA, wish them the best.
I suppose you are a manly sea Eagles supporter too. Lol
By the way, 3 or 4 rounds this year and just as many reds each game
it seems there is a bad discipline issues that will prevent the talented few you have future success.
Jog on and learn to behave

GO AWAY
16-03-2024, 08:46 PM
1 minor premiership in 100 years, and the biggest choke in finals history. Super successful GA, wish them the best.
I suppose you are a manly sea Eagles supporter too. Lol
By the way, 3 or 4 rounds this year and just as many reds each game
it seems there is a bad discipline issues that will prevent the talented few you have future success.
Jog on and learn to behave

1 premiership in 100 years ? Shows your naevity, I?ll let others enlighten you of stags history sunshine, I don?t want to be bias ?? jog on clown

Alton
16-03-2024, 09:33 PM
Gunners down 4-0?at half time

Undertaker
16-03-2024, 10:43 PM
**** you love to bag Toronto? How?s your club going? The one you got kicked out of and folded and come back?

You love to piss in Toronto?s backyard while your own is burning into a million pieces. Maybe ya need to get off here and start trying to help Wallsend get half decent again. Because Toronto?s in a much better position than what Wallsend is.

mge61
17-03-2024, 09:54 AM
**** you love to bag Toronto? How?s your club going? The one you got kicked out of and folded and come back?

You love to piss in Toronto?s backyard while your own is burning into a million pieces. Maybe ya need to get off here and start trying to help Wallsend get half decent again. Because Toronto?s in a much better position than what Wallsend is.

Ouch! Did someone say KFC

Yesk21
17-03-2024, 09:45 PM
If I heard correctly, believe it was a certain club president that grabbed and spat at a referee, then threw a few haymakers at the opposition coaches and player.

Hunter403
18-03-2024, 05:08 AM
If I heard correctly, believe it was a certain club president that grabbed and spat at a referee, then threw a few haymakers at the opposition coaches and player.

You heard wrong.

GO AWAY
18-03-2024, 12:08 PM
You heard wrong.

Yeah I don?t think he?s the President

ExWhistleMan
18-03-2024, 02:53 PM
If a coach or club official pushed an / or spat at a referee, club should be kicked out for the season.

Anything less will just go to show NNSWF are just all talk and virtue signalling when if comes to changing the culture.

Hunter403
18-03-2024, 03:51 PM
No one spat on anyone. As to pushing an official, I certainly didn't see it and I was right there. If it happened, I am sure the ref will put it in his report. Perhaps the speculation should end until Northern deal with it.

ForeverRed
18-03-2024, 04:10 PM
Two reserve grade coaches going at it, both should be banned

GO AWAY
18-03-2024, 07:14 PM
Two reserve grade coaches going at it, both should be banned

What Hunter said. Sure NNSW will deal with it. Will all be in refs report not hearsay.

GO AWAY
20-03-2024, 11:32 PM
Stags 1 southy 0

Good to see another NPL playing local coming home and scoring the winner.

Mad with football
22-03-2024, 07:56 AM
What went on in the Westy v Kahibah mid week fixture but surprised by the result ( heard was red cards). Watched Thornton v Bel swans on Wednesday -BS are big and have lots of pace out wide and can see why they look strongest ATM, Thornton surprisingly‘rested’ a few key players and were not completely out played BS deserved the 3 points but IMO if Thornton play strongest team may have been a bit closer

The Postman
22-03-2024, 02:55 PM
What is with all the agro this year! Seems to be more Red Cards than usual for straight up violent behaviour.

Hunter403
22-03-2024, 06:47 PM
The ref's seem a little card happy now they have NNSW backing.

magician
22-03-2024, 08:32 PM
The power trip just got even larger

Goatscheese
22-03-2024, 10:02 PM

That's one way to put it after the disgraceful actions from the Kahibah coach last week. Lucky he only got 5 weeks.

Hunter403
22-03-2024, 10:05 PM
That's one way to put it after the disgraceful actions from the Kahibah coach last week. Lucky he only got 5 weeks.

You're probably right but the comment about the red cards was, I think, aimed at all matches, not just that one example.

There have been some pretty soft ones as well as deserved ones

MCG_1997
22-03-2024, 10:20 PM
Cessnock 2-2 Kahiba
Southy 1-5 Westy
Wallsend 3-2 Thornton
Toronto 2-4 Belswans

outsider
22-03-2024, 10:36 PM

Maybe time for the players and coaches to show some discipline-

Thomas477
22-03-2024, 11:21 PM

Come on mate, that?s a bit of a cheap shot, well below your standards.

Kicktheball
23-03-2024, 08:27 AM
Cardiff v South Cardiff in ZL1 next year is going to be entertaining.

Alton
23-03-2024, 10:38 AM
Cardiff v South Cardiff in ZL1 next year is going to be entertaining.
What is happening out there Red? Coach has to be under pressure

GO AWAY
23-03-2024, 03:47 PM

Why ? Four games in ? Took Toronto to the 80th last week, yes 6-0 v Belswans but they are flogging most so far. I don?t think southy will be coming last just quietly.

GO AWAY
23-03-2024, 06:58 PM
What happened at cEssnock, called off too wet ? Don?t think has even rained ?

ForeverRed
23-03-2024, 09:08 PM
Gunners 4 Westy 2, nice win, a young team finding their way,

Alton
24-03-2024, 09:22 AM
Gunners 4 Westy 2, nice win, a young team finding their way,

Good result

Hunter403
24-03-2024, 10:26 PM
What happened at cEssnock, called off too wet ? Don?t think has even rained ?

And yet ressies played

GO AWAY
24-03-2024, 10:34 PM
Belswans 6-0 much better side. But two soft penalties, one a mile offside, softest stag send off, but all good, Belswans team to beat

ExWhistleMan
24-03-2024, 10:37 PM
Belswans 6-0 much better side. But two soft penalties, one a mile offside, softest stag send off, but all good, Belswans team to beat

Pretty sure there is a saying about everything that comes after the word ?but?

GO AWAY
24-03-2024, 11:54 PM
Pretty sure there is a saying about everything that comes after the word ?but?

Hurts ?

W8 WATCHER
25-03-2024, 09:52 AM

another week, another send off GA

belswans- will be promoted to NPL in 2025

Alton
25-03-2024, 10:27 AM
another week, another send off GA

belswans- will be promoted to NPL in 2025

Can the Stags sustain the hype around the club if first grade drop off

ForeverRed
25-03-2024, 12:58 PM
It?s a race for second and third, still a chance of promotion

The Hacker
25-03-2024, 04:57 PM
It?s a race for second and third, still a chance of promotion

Does anyone believe the team running second is beating an NPL team to get promoted

BS detecor
25-03-2024, 05:20 PM
Does anyone believe the team running second is beating an NPL team to get promoted

Maybe not but they could probably have a chance against Adamstown, lakes or new lambton

travellingman
26-03-2024, 09:58 AM

4 Nil is still a bit of a drubbing, I expected a close result from last years champions

pv4
26-03-2024, 10:56 AM

From what I've seen, I think most of the teams that should make the promotion play-offs could beat Lakes.

The Hacker
26-03-2024, 11:39 AM
From what I've seen, I think most of the teams that should make the promotion play-offs could beat Lakes.

I think it will come down to a battle of the west of the lake. Lakes v Toronto

Alton
26-03-2024, 07:11 PM
I think it will come down to a battle of the west of the lake. Lakes v Toronto

They will draw and merge after the game to play out of Macquarie Field as Macquarie Awaba

Mad with football
27-03-2024, 08:16 PM
No one in NL1 will be playing Lakes if they finish last in NPL as expected ( though early days) -Last in NPL
Is relegated, the 11th placed NPL team will
Play 4th placed NL1 in a h/a 2 leg game as will NL1, second & third placed
The 2 winners of the games meet in a o e-off playoff game for promotion to the Npl
I really like this concept brings a lot more to the game
So we could get for example Adamstown v Thornton ( they are looking good so far) for promotion in 25!!

GO AWAY
28-03-2024, 10:18 PM
Load up stag baggers
We are down to ten men again
1-0 ht stags

GO AWAY
28-03-2024, 11:11 PM
2-2 ft
Stags red last man
Westy red dissent last minute

Undertaker
28-03-2024, 11:46 PM
2-2 ft
Stags red last man
Westy red dissent last minute

Imagine going from representing your country to getting sent off for dissent on a cold Thursday night in Westy? What a fall from grace, I guess he?s just fitting in with the locals.

Enjoy Zone League one next year bluebells

GO AWAY
28-03-2024, 11:48 PM
Imagine going from representing your country to getting sent off for dissent on a cold Thursday night in Westy? What a fall from grace, I guess he?s just fitting in with the locals.

Wouldn?t be going that far. But must have been all heart from the stags tonight. Great effort

Alton
29-03-2024, 09:23 AM

??

W8 WATCHER
29-03-2024, 09:41 AM
Wow
Interesting comments.
It's normally after 9pm, when the crak wears off UT wakes up and responds with his Interlect

riverboy
29-03-2024, 11:12 AM

No teams are relegated at seasons end I believe. Change is one team will come up from ZL1

pv4
02-04-2024, 04:30 PM

Following up on the Northern's plan to roll out the zero tolerance policy - the suspension register shows a NL1 First Grade player receiving a 6 week ban for "R8 - Offence against a Match Official".

I still can't ever see NNSW following thru on these suspended points, but another interesting test to see if they do or not.

Swanky
03-04-2024, 01:12 PM
Goalkeeper Needed

Due to a season ending Injury Newcastle Olympic Zone League are looking for a Goalkeeper.

Please call Bill on 0402872569 if you are keen for a change.

GO AWAY
03-04-2024, 05:27 PM
Going off the roundup, Stags had a player sent for denying a goal scoring opportunity AND Westy received a penalty. Isn?t the rule one or the other ? Can?t be sent and cop a penalty. Happy to stand corrected.

Lofty
03-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Going off the roundup, Stags had a player sent for denying a goal scoring opportunity AND Westy received a penalty. Isn?t the rule one or the other ? Can?t be sent and cop a penalty. Happy to stand corrected.
t
If it's a footballing challenge, then it should just be a yellow and penalty. If it was a non-footballing foul, then it can be red and pen.

Premy
03-04-2024, 08:23 PM

Red card can issued for DOGSO in the penalty area if the tackle is deemed reckless or dangerous

ExWhistleMan
03-04-2024, 10:43 PM
What Lofty said. If the foul occurs as a genuine attempt to play the ball (i.e. ?a footballing challenge) it is YC and Penalty. Otherwise still RC and Pen. Easiest way to understand it is if it involves pushing, pulling or holding it will still be RC and Pen. Also for handball.

Reckless and dangerous don?t come into it beyond if considered endangering player safety it is a RC anywhere on the pitch.
Reckless = YC anywhere on the pitch.

Thomas477
03-04-2024, 11:08 PM
Red card can issued for DOGSO in the penalty area if the tackle is deemed reckless or dangerous

Premy, that’s not entirely correct, you can recklessly kick someone when challenging for the ball (think going in with reckless force), and that will still be a yellow. Excessive force will always result in a red, no matter what.

pv4
04-04-2024, 10:29 AM

My understanding is if they challenge for the ball, it's yellow. If not challenging for the ball, can be red.

This stags eg - it looked to most of us that he pulled a guys leg. Fair red.

Bad penalty taken after it though. Westy player won't be happy with that.

GO AWAY
19-04-2024, 02:55 PM
Interestingly , done a dummy P and R as it stands ?.

New Lambton relegated
Belswans promoted

Thornton v Kahibah
Toronto v Adamstown

Wallsend down to ZL1

Lofty
19-04-2024, 03:23 PM

New Lambton relegated
Belswans promoted

Thornton v Kahibah
Toronto v Adamstown

Wallsend down to ZL1

Olympic to NL1

W8 WATCHER
19-04-2024, 03:54 PM

New Lambton relegated
Belswans promoted

Thornton v Kahibah
Toronto v Adamstown

Wallsend down to ZL1

GA- have to mostly agree with you here, eagles back to NL1, and prob Lakes or Buds v Toronto

The Hacker
19-04-2024, 04:35 PM

New Lambton relegated
Belswans promoted

Thornton v Kahibah
Toronto v Adamstown

Wallsend down to ZL1

No team getting relegated from NL2 this year so Wallsend are safe

GO AWAY
19-04-2024, 05:30 PM
GA- have to mostly agree with you here, eagles back to NL1, and prob Lakes or Buds v Toronto

Lake Macquarie v Toronto Awaba playoff final does have a ring to it

MurderOnZidanesFloor
19-04-2024, 07:02 PM
Olympic to NL1

That is an extremely left field take suggesting Olympic will be relegated. The boldness has to be appreciated.

The Hacker
19-04-2024, 07:16 PM
That is an extremely left field take suggesting Olympic will be relegated. The boldness has to be appreciated.

Olympic lead ZL1

Hunter403
21-04-2024, 09:08 AM
Well done Cessnock!