13-11-2023, 11:54 AM
For all discussions related to:

FNSW League Two Men's
FNSW NPL Women's
Boys and Girls Youth Leagues
Pre-Academy

Dreamtime Yowie
19-11-2023, 05:54 PM
Anyone know what happening with all the kids leaving Jets in that 15s age group? I find it strange kids leaving for NPL clubs. Is it the club? The coaching? Or something else?

Taffy
20-11-2023, 09:20 AM
Anyone know what happening with all the kids leaving Jets in that 15s age group? I find it strange kids leaving for NPL clubs. Is it the club? The coaching? Or something else?

Did they leave or were they cut?

Retired01
20-11-2023, 11:29 AM
Did they leave or were they cut?

I know the parents of one of those boys and they were not cut. 6 have gone with 5 legitimately giving up their position and 1 boy cut from the squad. Ive been told boys aren't happy with coaching and parents upset the best boys not selected from the area. 14s have similar selection issues.

Aegon
20-11-2023, 11:58 AM
I know the parents of one of those boys and they were not cut. 6 have gone with 5 legitimately giving up their position and 1 boy cut from the squad. Ive been told boys aren't happy with coaching and parents upset the best boys not selected from the area. 14s have similar selection issues.

Is this 2024 or 2023 14's and 15's?

I think the original question was regarding 2024 U15's age group which has hand a handful of recent departures.

Retired01
20-11-2023, 12:19 PM
Is this 2024 or 2023 14's and 15's?

I think the original question was regarding 2024 U15's age group which has hand a handful of recent departures.

Yes I was commenting on the 2024 competitions with selected 15s players leaving already and 14s unhappy about player selection but not leaving that I know of.

Taffy
20-11-2023, 12:21 PM
parents upset the best boys not selected from the area. 14s have similar selection issues.

While I would say I'm not surprised, like all objective things it may not be true and wouldn't put much stock into who parents think are the best players.

Dreamtime Yowie
20-11-2023, 02:09 PM
No next years 15s so 2024 like the threads name. Not sure about 14s issues but news I got was kids getting pulled up to replace ones that left. Told they got offers but left, only 1 got cut. So now those kids need to be replaced also. In the last year I’ve heard more drama come out of the jets academy then a kardashion episode.
Coaches, tds, players.
Who’s even in charge over there now can someone fill us in?

WOW2.0
30-11-2023, 11:00 AM
Coworker of mine whose son was rejected by the Jets just signed a professional youth contract with Sheffield Wednesday (he joins them next year as an 18 year old...spent the last two years in Brisbane after being rejected locally)

I don't think the Jets are all that great at this kind of stuff

ForeverRed
30-11-2023, 11:29 AM
Coworker of mine whose son was rejected by the Jets just signed a professional youth contract with Sheffield Wednesday (he joins them next year as an 18 year old...spent the last two years in Brisbane after being rejected locally)

I don't think the Jets are all that great at this kind of stuff
Not every kid is targeted, lots of kids slip through the system for some reason or another, out of 50 academy kids only one will make it, Wednesday are sitting last in the championship, their academy?s aren?t fantastic due to overload, most would be equivalent to what Australian clubs have, good luck to him

WOW2.0
30-11-2023, 11:56 AM
Not every kid is targeted, lots of kids slip through the system for some reason or another, out of 50 academy kids only one will make it, Wednesday are sitting last in the championship, their academy?s aren?t fantastic due to overload, most would be equivalent to what Australian clubs have, good luck to him

Maybe, but their u21s who he will be playing with are 3rd in their group though...that's not bad :)

Taffy
30-11-2023, 01:10 PM

Their U18s are 4th in the group. I'd also argue that Championship academies aren't like Australian ones. You'd expect better coaches and facilities particularly since they will be competing with other academies as well as an overabundance of coaches means they can take those with more experience and qualifications (requirement to have a UEFA Pro License to be Academy Head, UEFA A to be the team manager)

TopCorner
30-11-2023, 11:21 PM

Winner on most deluded post of 2023.

Congratulations

ForeverRed
01-12-2023, 12:11 PM

Congratulations
Thanks 🤦*♂️

Dreamtime Yowie
02-12-2023, 11:18 AM
So who’s idea was it to charge Kids to trial for the academy? You really must be hard up to charge kids to trial. Very concerning at where this academy is heading.

The Magician
02-12-2023, 11:23 AM
So who?s idea was it to charge Kids to trial for the academy? You really must be hard up to charge kids to trial. Very concerning at where this academy is heading.

Probably the same person who has decided to Auction off Match worn jerseys... Got to make sure Emily goes back overseas with plenty to spend at the Duty Free.

Dreamtime Yowie
02-12-2023, 11:35 AM

Congratulations

Hey Top corner aka Paul,how’s things theses days. Been a minute.

Dreamtime Yowie
02-12-2023, 11:37 AM
Probably the same person who has decided to Auction off Match worn jerseys... Got to make sure Emily goes back overseas with plenty to spend at the Duty Free.

Ah yes makes sense, bad timing to auction off those strips with Messi’s WC shirts also up for grabs.

onlooker
07-12-2023, 11:06 AM
Herald reports GVE looking like leaving to go to China. Potentially leaving the Jets Academy in limbo again with the direction they want to go in. Who takes over as academy TD who takes over as W-League coach. I?m not confident his right hand man Ryan is the right guy for either role.

Eastwest
07-12-2023, 02:56 PM
Herald reports GVE looking like leaving to go to China. Potentially leaving the Jets Academy in limbo again with the direction they want to go in. Who takes over as academy TD who takes over as W-League coach. I?m not confident his right hand man Ryan is the right guy for either role.

Might get a few of the boys back and regain some integrity if thats the case. Theres been some dodgy people passing through that place.

samcan
22-12-2023, 03:17 PM
Meanwhile, Mattiske expects to know by Friday if Gary van Egmond will take up a job in China but has ruled out the coach being able to work for both organisations.
Van Egmond is believed to be the preferred candidate to head up China's national women's youth program.
The 58-year-old, who coaches the Jets women and heads the academy, made a whirlwind trip to China last week to explore the opportunity and met with Mattiske on Tuesday.
"At this point in time, there is not a definite offer," Mattiske said. "Gary has advised us that he will know by the end of the week if there is an offer and whether he is willing to accept it.
"If he was to take the position it is something he would have to focus on solely. He would not be able to continue his roles at the Jets."
Van Egmond was approached last month about the position in China and has since been in talks with the Asian powerhouse.
A coach needs to be in place at the start of the year to prepare the China side in the lead-up to women's under-20 Asian Cup to be held in Uzbekistan in March.

This bloke should be terminated already. Some of his mates are untrustworthy money chasers. He's just looking for his next pay day. Cannot be focused on anything in Newcastle apart from getting his family paid gigs.

Dreamtime Yowie
12-03-2024, 02:09 PM
Anyone know what’s happening at jets youth ? Not many scores posted on their Facebook. Only seen one of a Japan tour. Are they holding their own or not so good? Thought comp started or is it still trials?

onlooker
12-03-2024, 02:31 PM
Anyone know what’s happening at jets youth ? Not many scores posted on their Facebook. Only seen one of a Japan tour. Are they holding their own or not so good? Thought comp started or is it still trials?
The comp has definitely started on the girls side round 3 this weekend and I was under the impression the boys started 3 weeks before the girls so should be round 6 this weekend.

Dreamtime Yowie
12-03-2024, 02:48 PM
The comp has definitely started on the girls side round 3 this weekend and I was under the impression the boys started 3 weeks before the girls so should be round 6 this weekend.

Tried to google and managed to find some scores and tables. Not looking great atm so makes sense why they aren?t posting scores I guess.

onlooker
12-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Tried to google and managed to find some scores and tables. Not looking great atm so makes sense why they aren?t posting scores I guess.

Two rounds in and the girls side looks good, just don?t look at first grade. lol

WOW2.0
12-03-2024, 04:09 PM
Adult mens are no.2 in club championship in tier 3

Youth club championship for boys 12th of 16 clubs

4 games in by age:
U13s - 12th
U14s - 15th
U15s - 11th
U16s - 9th
U18s - 4th

Alton
12-03-2024, 05:22 PM
Adult mens are no.2 in club championship in tier 3

Youth club championship for boys 12th of 16 clubs

4 games in by age:
U13s - 12th
U14s - 15th
U15s - 11th
U16s - 9th
U18s - 4th

Disgrace, this won?t impress any new potential owner who wants to develop from within

Bremsstrahlung
13-03-2024, 09:23 AM
What’re our thoughts on the program playing in NSW NPL structure.

Are the best players getting the training and development?
Are they improving with the calibre of teams they are playing week in, week out?
Would they be better served playing in local NNSW NPL again with adjusted age groups?
I understand it may be a big commitment to spend most weekends down in Sydney and may turn a few people away. Would playing locally allow “the best” to not have the make that decision?

CCM seem to be constantly developing quality youth that can step into A League squad and make a go of it compared to our ‘prospects’ and history, do we need to be in tier 1 to be reaping the benefits?

No skin in the game. Just observations and curious.

Dreamtime Yowie
13-03-2024, 11:40 AM
What?re our thoughts on the program playing in NSW NPL structure.

Are the best players getting the training and development?
Are they improving with the calibre of teams they are playing week in, week out?
Would they be better served playing in local NNSW NPL again with adjusted age groups?
I understand it may be a big commitment to spend most weekends down in Sydney and may turn a few people away. Would playing locally allow ?the best? to not have the make that decision?

CCM seem to be constantly developing quality youth that can step into A League squad and make a go of it compared to our ?prospects? and history, do we need to be in tier 1 to be reaping the benefits?

No skin in the game. Just observations and curious.

I think playing in Sydney competition is great for the kids, not so much the parents doing all this driving.
Also The morning sessions are a killer from the people I?ve spoken 2.
There?s been a lot of kids going in and out of late and coaching also so that can?t be great. Last season they came top 3 in club championships yeah? Now not looking so great.

Maybe GVE and his sidekick Gomez weren?t so bad after all?

Tommy
13-03-2024, 12:43 PM
One of 13s games they won a few weeks ago has not been registered in the table yet. Should be equal 6th but 8th on goal difference.

WOW2.0
13-03-2024, 12:50 PM

The results last year were also not very good, most teams finished 9th or 10th if I recall. The club championship was propped up by the fact they won the 16s comp.

From what I have heard, 2nd hand, GVE and Gomez alienated lots of players and parents. Many of those people left and I have only had reported bad user experiences from half a dozen parents (including some who are still there).

You might alternatively look at this current state as damage having been done by them, and the system needing time to recover...consequently, they are where they are (very early in the season with lots of time to improve in their positions).

(...Arguable too, do they have the best kids in Newcastle in the first place)

onlooker
13-03-2024, 02:26 PM
Speaking as a parent with a kid in the program ( girls side) playing in the Sydney comp is a must, there is a vast difference in levels from Newcastle to Sydney. And I don?t find the mornings bad at all, I find it actually works better, can be tricky to adjust and get used to when you first do it but we are in year two of it now and no complaints.

Rodders
13-03-2024, 03:42 PM

2 of the biggest pr*cks in Newcastle youth football ever.

They had the better kids in town playing sh*t football. Only the 16s who were coached by better coaches previously did well. 18s were ok.
Gomez is a joke. Check his pedigree....

Jets Academy are playing on a shoestring budget. Coaches basically volunteer. Playing in Sydney is a big plus. The travel is not much chop.
Some of the "Academy" rules are pretty sh*t though. 6/7 players on the bench. little game time. Coaching is basically NPL Newcastle standard, older age better.

Retired01
14-03-2024, 11:36 AM
(...Arguable too, do they have the best kids in Newcastle in the first place)[/QUOTE]

This is always the constant question in newcastle football and the answer is NO but that is from many factors.

WOW2.0
14-03-2024, 12:30 PM
(...Arguable too, do they have the best kids in Newcastle in the first place)

This is always the constant question in newcastle football and the answer is NO but that is from many factors.[/QUOTE]

I agree, co$t$, travel, morning training, coaching quality, politics, favouritism, talent ID shortcomings, player/parent alienation...probably dozens more reasons

Alienation is probably the worst...as it drives people away as "fans" as well, and they tell their stories to their friends...every year it just seems that the Jets and the league just have fans dropping off in droves

Bulldogs 1962
14-03-2024, 01:07 PM
Player ID is a big factor too. They may pick who they think are the best 15 players in that age group. But that doesn't always equate to the best team.
Because they say they want to play attacking/ possession football, they'll pick 15 kids who are good attackers. Then some of those kids are forced to play as defenders and when they don't perform at that level in a position they aren't best at. They get moved on.

WOW2.0
19-03-2024, 02:55 PM
Saw this on ESPN over on FB.
Is this the end of the Jets 😱 (and the Canberra women's W-League team)

https://www.espn.com.au/soccer/story/_/id/39762107/aleague-cant-guarantee-future-newcastle-canberra?fbclid=IwAR0jZ9oNM4NU4--SMF9TNDIxZBP1xi7By9bvpFxUC4Fi7gDHDExK9OANeRY

Dreamtime Yowie
20-03-2024, 09:39 AM
Saw this on ESPN over on FB.
Is this the end of the Jets 😱 (and the Canberra women's W-League team)

https://www.espn.com.au/soccer/story/_/id/39762107/aleague-cant-guarantee-future-newcastle-canberra?fbclid=IwAR0jZ9oNM4NU4--SMF9TNDIxZBP1xi7By9bvpFxUC4Fi7gDHDExK9OANeRY

Surely the academy could still run itself if the seniors fold. If the academy isn?t pumping money into seniors then it should be able to run itself along with some sponsorship thrown in? If they both fold then that will be a disaster for Newcastle football.

matjpacker
20-03-2024, 10:06 AM
My understanding is that the academy are their own entity, so wouldn?t / shouldn?t be affected by a sale or fold of the A League club?that said, if there?s no ?pathway? to an A League club I would imagine parents would seriously look at what they?re paying for versus coming back to NPL/PYL or trying their luck at Central Coast or elsewhere.

WOW2.0
20-03-2024, 10:18 AM
I think the success of the academy is predicated on the connection to an A-League club, and people viewing it as a pathway to that slim opportunity of professional football.

From what I understand, it is very expensive to participate and take those opportunities

If it is folded, the returning talent to the local comp will be invigorating though

Dreamtime Yowie
20-03-2024, 10:25 AM
My understanding is that the academy are their own entity, so wouldn?t / shouldn?t be affected by a sale or fold of the A League club?that said, if there?s no ?pathway? to an A League club I would imagine parents would seriously look at what they?re paying for versus coming back to NPL/PYL or trying their luck at Central Coast or elsewhere.

That?s what I meant about being a disaster as there is no pathway to senior football if that happens. You could join the jets at 13s and play until 18s only to then have to chase a NPL senior club. I guess it?s not much different to what?s happening now tbf, not many youth players have gone to the seniors anyway apart from Archie have they? Most come back to NPL clubs when their apprenticeship is done. Pretty sad when we can?t develop home grown talent anymore. Are the players worse or is it the coaching at youth level that can?t develop them?

KITZ
20-03-2024, 07:41 PM
That?s what I meant about being a disaster as there is no pathway to senior football if that happens. You could join the jets at 13s and play until 18s only to then have to chase a NPL senior club. I guess it?s not much different to what?s happening now tbf, not many youth players have gone to the seniors anyway apart from Archie have they? Most come back to NPL clubs when their apprenticeship is done. Pretty sad when we can?t develop home grown talent anymore. Are the players worse or is it the coaching at youth level that can?t develop them?

Could leave youth in NSW NPL and run a senior team in the second division - pathway to being seen at least by the better NPL clubs, better quality football - try and get gate fees and build a local fanbase.

The Postman
20-03-2024, 11:59 PM
Could leave youth in NSW NPL and run a senior team in the second division - pathway to being seen at least by the better NPL clubs, better quality football - try and get gate fees and build a local fanbase.

We already do, the Youth Team play in the Sydney NPL3 aka the FNSW League Two Men. They are currently 3rd on 14 points, 2 points 1st place after 6 games. Just beat Parramatta 7-1 on the weekend.

So that?s the pathway, if the worst case happens, let?s hope that continues in some form.

Dreamtime Yowie
21-03-2024, 08:27 AM
We already do, the Youth Team play in the Sydney NPL3 aka the FNSW League Two Men. They are currently 3rd on 14 points, 2 points 1st place after 6 games. Just beat Parramatta 7-1 on the weekend.

So that?s the pathway, if the worst case happens, let?s hope that continues in some form.

They really need to get promoted pretty quickly because playing NPL 3 is like playing reserve grade in Newcastle.

Alton
21-03-2024, 10:00 AM
They really need to get promoted pretty quickly because playing NPL 3 is like playing reserve grade in Newcastle.
They can?t be happy playing in this division

KITZ
23-03-2024, 10:59 PM

No I meant an actual senior team in the new 2nd division of Australian football that's due to start next year. Leave the youth team as is or bring them back to Newcastle, 3rd division in Sydney is a waste of time.

The Postman
24-03-2024, 01:09 PM
No I meant an actual senior team in the new 2nd division of Australian football that's due to start next year. Leave the youth team as is or bring them back to Newcastle, 3rd division in Sydney is a waste of time.

Still going to have money issues, just look at South Melbourne and the backing they have, I doubt any club in Newcastle could compare.

The fact that only Valentine (with the backing of apparent overseas Sugar Daddy) even sent an EOI into the National Second Division, to me confirms this.

WOW2.0
25-03-2024, 05:31 PM
It's a shame, I would have liked to have had a NST team locally to support...especially if the Jets really are dead in the water

finzee
25-03-2024, 11:01 PM

Nah. The top half in NPL3 Syd would easily compete in our 1st grade. Mounties would be top 4.

Agree, Div 3 is a slap in the face for an Academy Club.

They had every chance last year but blew it.

Year before we finished top but the converging divisions meant no real promotion.

salmon
26-03-2024, 01:46 PM

Correct re: getting promoted ASAP being beneficial, completely incorrect re: the standard of competition being comparable to NNSW NPL Res Grade.

KITZ
26-03-2024, 04:02 PM
Nah. The top half in NPL3 Syd would easily compete in our 1st grade. Mounties would be top 4.

Agree, Div 3 is a slap in the face for an Academy Club.

They had every chance last year but blew it.

Year before we finished top but the converging divisions meant no real promotion.

The bottom third at least of YL2 were pretty average last year, I could only manage 3 in that space being even more average, would that not filter through to senior teams where players would be pushing to play at least League 1?

finzee
26-03-2024, 05:42 PM
The bottom third at least of YL2 were pretty average last year, I could only manage 3 in that space being even more average, would that not filter through to senior teams where players would be pushing to play at least League 1?

I was referring only to the mens comp which our u21s Jets "youth" play in. Thats a decent level.

As for the PYL 13s to 18s. Div 3 is not great. Top 5/6 of our NPL comp would fit into Syd Div 2 comfortably.

WOW2.0
27-03-2024, 09:15 PM
PYL13-18s is tier 1

U20s and "1st grade" seem to be perennially stuck at the bottom (but imagine that also makes it hard for them to attract decent players too)

mge61
27-03-2024, 09:48 PM
PYL13-18s is tier 1

U20s and "1st grade" seem to be perennially stuck at the bottom (but imagine that also makes it hard for them to attract decent players too)

Early days but both undefeated, leading their competitions and the club championship. Watch this space I guess. Be good to get some crowds out there on a Sunday afternoon/evening to support them.

Oldy
29-03-2024, 10:48 PM
Early days but both undefeated, leading their competitions and the club championship. Watch this space I guess. Be good to get some crowds out there on a Sunday afternoon/evening to support them.

Promotion only occurs from 1st grade results. Club champ is a minor trophy.

WOW2.0
02-04-2024, 01:24 PM
Ladder update after the weekend

YL1 boys (top tier) - 16 teams
13s - 9th
14s - 13th
15s - 9th
16s - 14th
18s - 3rd

L2 Mens (3rd tier) - 15 teams
U20s - 4th
1st Grade - 1st

YL1 girls (top tier) - 14 teams
U14s - 7th
U15s - 11th
U16s - 6th
U18s - 13th

NPLW (top tier) - 14 teams
Res - 12th
1st Grade - 14th

Dreamtime Yowie
02-04-2024, 01:32 PM
Ladder update after the weekend

YL1 boys (top tier) - 16 teams
13s - 9th
14s - 13th
15s - 9th
16s - 14th
18s - 3rd

L2 Mens (3rd tier) - 15 teams
U20s - 4th
1st Grade - 1st

YL1 girls (top tier) - 14 teams
U14s - 7th
U15s - 11th
U16s - 6th
U18s - 13th

NPLW (top tier) - 14 teams
Res - 12th
1st Grade - 14th

Didn?t they all get wins vs CCM on weekend? That?s pretty good. Thought they would be further up the table then that. Do they have any games in hand?

Tommy
02-04-2024, 03:23 PM
Didn?t they all get wins vs CCM on weekend? That?s pretty good. Thought they would be further up the table then that. Do they have any games in hand?

Updated Boys

13s 13pts 6th - Still 1 win from round 2 not shown on table.
14s 9pts 11th
15s 12pts 8th
16s 6pts 14th
18s 15pts 3rd.

mge61
02-04-2024, 03:51 PM
Updated Boys

13s 13pts 6th - Still 1 win from round 2 not shown on table.
14s 9pts 11th
15s 12pts 8th
16s 6pts 14th
18s 15pts 3rd.

U20's also have an unrecorded win to be included which would make them 2nd and they also have a catch up game vs Prospect to be played.

WOW2.0
02-04-2024, 04:18 PM
What time of day do they usually make updates to "Dribl"?
Was accurate as per Dribl when I threw that together for everyone

U13s better get that missing game corrected

Tommy
03-04-2024, 09:11 AM
What time of day do they usually make updates to "Dribl"?
Was accurate as per Dribl when I threw that together for everyone

U13s better get that missing game corrected

Sometimes it is within hours, depends when refs report gets submitted.

Just to show some good results from the Boys Youth Vs Mariners on Sunday.
Everyone talks up the Mariners Academy and for good reason, but if we get our shit together the talent is there.

13s 7-3 win
14s 2-0 win
15s 4-2 win
16s 3-3 draw
18s 1-0 win

JustMe
06-04-2024, 01:19 PM
Sometimes it is within hours, depends when refs report gets submitted.

Just to show some good results from the Boys Youth Vs Mariners on Sunday.
Everyone talks up the Mariners Academy and for good reason, but if we get our shit together the talent is there.

13s 7-3 win
14s 2-0 win
15s 4-2 win
16s 3-3 draw
18s 1-0 win
Thats a really good result all up. Vs WSW will be different

Its what the Mariners do from 18s up into 20s & Aleague that they do far better

jessepinkman
07-04-2024, 04:14 PM
Thats a really good result all up. Vs WSW will be different

Its what the Mariners do from 18s up into 20s & Aleague that they do far better

poach talent from npl clubs and then sell them on for profit without the npl club benefitting?

JustMe
07-04-2024, 05:12 PM
poach talent from npl clubs and then sell them on for profit without the npl club benefitting?

Yes that too which is smarter than us again, but they do give their youth a better go at the top. The Jets kids have to go to elsewhere before they are considered here. Goodwin the only exception recently.

sapdad
07-04-2024, 06:23 PM

Which NPL club though?Plenty of kids who make the Jets get poached from one club to another along the way.To think that their last club before the Jets was the one that really developed them isnt at all true.I agree with you that NPL clubs should be compensated for players making national league squads but it doesnt look like an easy transaction.

WOW2.0
08-04-2024, 02:53 PM
Did the 13s play on the weekend...I've been waiting to see an extra game before tabling the results?

(14s game shows in dribl)

WOW2.0
08-04-2024, 04:07 PM
Boys club championship
Excluding any 13s (I believe they don't count)

1: WSW - 64pts
2: SD Raiders - 60pts
3: Marconi - 52pts
4: Sydney Olympic - 52pts
5: CCM - 52pts
6: Sydney United - 48pts
7: Sydney FC - 44pts
8: Blacktown City - 44pts
9: Jets - 42pts
10: Hills United - 41pts
11: Manly United - 40pts
12: Apia - 39pts
13: St George - 35pts
14: NWS Spirit - 33pts
15: Wollongong - 29pts
16: Sutherland - 25pts

*Collective points then GD*

WOW2.0
08-04-2024, 04:17 PM
Jets team positions (tier I)
U13s - 7th (inc. additional game)
U14s - 11th
U15s - 8th
U16s - 14th
U18s - 5th

Mens (tier 3 - 16 teams)
U20s - 3rd
1st Grade - 1st

Girls (tier 1 - 14 teams)
U14s - 9th
U15s - 11th
U16s - 5th
U18s - 10th

Women's (tier 1 - 14 teams)
Res - 12th
1st grade - 14th

Tommy
08-04-2024, 05:37 PM
Did the 13s play on the weekend...I've been waiting to see an extra game before tabling the results?

(14s game shows in dribl)

Yes, went down 2-1. Still not on Dribl yet.

Correct, 13s don't count for club championship.

onlooker
09-04-2024, 10:51 PM
A U/15?s girls Jets team lost 2-0 to a U/15?s TSP team last night. Not sure of the complete make up of the jets team but definitely not a good advertisement for the Academy.

The Bear
10-04-2024, 12:37 AM
A U/15?s girls Jets team lost 2-0 to a U/15?s TSP team last night. Not sure of the complete make up of the jets team but definitely not a good advertisement for the Academy.

Big man?s daughter is in the U15 TSP team. We see you. 👀

onlooker
10-04-2024, 06:22 AM
Big man?s daughter is in the U15 TSP team. We see you. 👀
I?ve actually made no secret of the fact my daughter is in the Jets program already, scroll back a bit and you will see that. The reason I say it?s not a great advertisement for the Academy is the U/15?s girls actually play in the U/16?s comp and are currently the best performing team. again I?m unsure if the team was made up from those players or the team that competes in the U/15s comp.

Retired01
10-04-2024, 06:24 PM
I?ve actually made no secret of the fact my daughter is in the Jets program already, scroll back a bit and you will see that. The reason I say it?s not a great advertisement for the Academy is the U/15?s girls actually play in the U/16?s comp and are currently the best performing team. again I?m unsure if the team was made up from those players or the team that competes in the U/15s comp.

U15s boys are 70% a second string side. 4 returned to jaffas and 3 returned to Olympic and 1 to Valentine then 3 were let go and reapplied and had to be taken back because there were not more applicants. Take into account the poor scouting of NNSW and then fill the gaps with kids willing to actively train over long periods and eventually got a reluctant offer with parental endorsement.

ForeverRed
10-04-2024, 08:58 PM
U15s boys are 70% a second string side. 4 returned to jaffas and 3 returned to Olympic and 1 to Valentine then 3 were let go and reapplied and had to be taken back because there were not more applicants. Take into account the poor scouting of NNSW and then fill the gaps with kids willing to actively train over long periods and eventually got a reluctant offer with parental endorsement.
At least the kids putting the hard yards in will be better for it, it?s a bit ordinary calling 15 year old second string, not everyone develops together, poor choice of words retire

Retired01
10-04-2024, 09:23 PM
At least the kids putting the hard yards in will be better for it, it?s a bit ordinary calling 15 year old second string, not everyone develops together, poor choice of words retire

Does that team contain the top group of boys with the best skills and ability in that age group? No they dont and NNSW and the Jets have always said they choose the most skilled and build on those skills then bring in some and drop and elevate those struggling as they grow. When you watch the NPL in 15s the skill level of many boys exceeds 50% of the Jets selection with both game play and individual skill. Dont get mixed up in politics and just watch the kids play and observe individual skill. Two feet to pass and shoot, percentage of passing, riding a tackle, beating a player, multiple passes to open up a defence or play out from the back. I fully support your comment when we discuss NPL and community football as kids do develop and drop off at different age groups but when you say best they are far from it.

JustMe
11-04-2024, 12:11 AM

A few of those were actually cut. Some left. With GrubyVE gone, there might be some better recruitment although training and Sydney travel is still a deterrent for some.

As for comparing NPL here with NPL1 Syd you're having a laugh. Its a slower game here. Everyone has time and space to use both feet but most still cant lol. It isnt as hard either. The way that Kids play will rise and ebb during the season as well. There is a couple out of their depth in the Jets. nepo is still alive.

Meggsy
11-04-2024, 02:42 PM

I actually watched this game (a foot in both camps) and it was a real eye opener. Whilst the Jets girls had a lot of possession the TSP girls were very well organised (and well coached), defended really well and restricted the Jets girls to just a couple of chances. There wasn't much between the sides in most areas of the park and in some cases nothing between them at all which is a good thing in terms of depth in that age group I suppose.

WOW2.0
15-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Updated club championship

1. WSW - 73pts
2. SD Raiders - 66pts
3. Marconi - 58pts
4. Sydney Olympic - 58pts
5. CCM - 57pts
6. Sydney Utd - 54pts
7. Apia - 50pts
8. Jets - 50pts
9. St George - 47pts
10. Blacktown City - 47pts
11. Sydney FC - 46pts
12. Manly Utd - 46pts
13. Hills Utd - 44pts
14. NWS Spirit - 39pts
15. Wollongong - 35pts
16. Sutherland - 25pts

13s excluded, because they don't count

Jets positions
Men (tier III)
1st grade -1st
U20s - 2nd

Boys (tier I)
13s - 7th; 14s - 11th; 15s - 7th; 16s - 14th; 18s - 5th

Women (tier I)
1st grade - 14th
Res grade - 13th

Girls (tier I)
14s - 7th; 15s - 11th; 16s - 6th; 18s - 10th

onlooker
15-04-2024, 07:54 PM
Girls (tier I)
14s - 7th; 15s - 11th; 16s - 6th; 18s - 10th

16?s are actually 5th Dribl hasn?t updated their 2-1 win over Illawarra from yesterday?s games.

WOW2.0
15-04-2024, 08:10 PM
Sounds like Dribl is nearly as bad as our local app

Hopefully will be captured in next week's update :)