PDA

View Full Version : 2024 Zone League 3

Aegon
12-12-2023, 11:13 PM

Jim
19-12-2023, 06:22 PM
Anyone in this comp or have we all bailed?

Fred Devils
04-01-2024, 01:24 PM
Keen to know who?s in here

Taffy
10-01-2024, 02:36 PM
Looks like Lake Macquarie is coming back into the comp, seems they picked up an U18s team to sort their reserves. Merewether United also joining the comp

straightred88
11-01-2024, 12:52 PM
Looks like Lake Macquarie is coming back into the comp, seems they picked up an U18s team to sort their reserves. Merewether United also joining the comp

Good to see some new clubs and some old clubs returning.

Should be a good comp but can?t see anyone beating Croudace Bay

anfield
11-01-2024, 01:09 PM
Good to see some new clubs and some old clubs returning.

Should be a good comp but can?t see anyone beating Croudace Bay

Agree with Croudace Bay comment, But I don't think they are going to be in ZL3. Why would a team that were minor premiers in the division above be dropped a division due to a change of clubs? Doesn't pass the pub test or common sense test.
Add to that , they are short of teams in ZL2. So at a minimum they will stay there.

straightred88
11-01-2024, 01:16 PM
Agree with Croudace Bay comment, But I don't think they are going to be in ZL3. Why would a team that were minor premiers in the division above be dropped a division due to a change of clubs? Doesn't pass the pub test or common sense test.
Add to that , they are short of teams in ZL2. So at a minimum they will stay there.

How can they be premiers when they have never played a game ?

anfield
11-01-2024, 08:06 PM
How can they be premiers when they have never played a game ?

Same outfit as Hamilton Azzurri ZL1 from last season. Just a change of clubs, I think it's known that they won't be in Zl3

straightred88
11-01-2024, 08:40 PM
Same outfit as Hamilton Azzurri ZL1 from last season. Just a change of clubs, I think it's known that they won't be in Zl3

You are missing my point. Technically they have never taken the field as Croudace Bay and by NF rules, any new clubs must start at the bottom zone division.

Lofty
11-01-2024, 10:03 PM
It’s just a name change. I think the rule is more around a new club being formed from scratch and then wanting to slot in higher up the food chain. Surely there isn’t anyone who actually thinks they deserve to be demoted for changing their name? Surely?

anfield
11-01-2024, 10:08 PM
You are missing my point. Technically they have never taken the field as Croudace Bay and by NF rules, any new clubs must start at the bottom zone division.

I understand your point.
Here are 2 points that mean they won't be in zone league 3.
Point 1
You are correct about the rule, BUT the rule has been broken before which has been discussed in the Zone league 1 thread. Lochinvar were in the bottom grade, their squad basically started a new club South Maitland. They didn't go back to Zone league 3. That is exactly the same scenario that has happened at Croudace Bay.

I will add, that Wallsend Northern League 1 nearly didn't enter next year. If that whole squad went to South Wallsend, Do you think they would be made to start in Zone League 3. Considering there is promotion and relegation among the 5 divisions? I think not.

Point 2
Zone League 2 apparently was and still is short of clubs to make 12 teams.
Apparently Croudace Bay, Don't want to play in Zone league 3. Wouldn't it make sense to use them when it appears the other Zone league 3 clubs want to stay in that division?

straightred88
11-01-2024, 10:26 PM
It?s just a name change. I think the rule is more around a new club being formed from scratch and then wanting to slot in higher up the food chain. Surely there isn?t anyone who actually thinks they deserve to be demoted for changing their name? Surely?

It is a new club from scratch.

straightred88
11-01-2024, 10:32 PM
I understand your point.
Here are 2 points that mean they won't be in zone league 3.
Point 1
You are correct about the rule, BUT the rule has been broken before which has been discussed in the Zone league 1 thread. Lochinvar were in the bottom grade, their squad basically started a new club South Maitland. They didn't go back to Zone league 3. That is exactly the same scenario that has happened at Croudace Bay.

I will add, that Wallsend Northern League 1 nearly didn't enter next year. If that whole squad went to South Wallsend, Do you think they would be made to start in Zone League 3. Considering there is promotion and relegation among the 5 divisions? I think not.

Point 2
Zone League 2 apparently was and still is short of clubs to make 12 teams.
Apparently Croudace Bay, Don't want to play in Zone league 3. Wouldn't it make sense to use them when it appears the other Zone league 3 clubs want to stay in that division?

What they want Doesn?t matter. Rule is there and will set a precedent for future clubs.

anfield
12-01-2024, 08:01 AM
What they want Doesn?t matter. Rule is there and will set a precedent for future clubs.

But that's my point. The rule had been broken before with South Maitland. So the precedent has already been made.

Sounds like some people don't want Croudace Bay up.

Fred Devils
12-01-2024, 09:51 AM
I think the rule would hold more weight in this instance if it wasn?t for the fact that they want to run 3 divisions with the top 2 divisions having a squad of 3 grades. The associations know the crabs have 3 grades and unless more ZL3 teams put their hands up saying they?re coming in with an extra grade, the association needs to fill the leagues. Don?t want a repeat of last year with clubs like Wallsend forfeiting 3rd grade all but what, 4 rounds of the season?

Lofty
12-01-2024, 05:55 PM
Confirmed.

League One
(Formally Premier League)
3 Grades
1 Cardiff City FC
2 Dudley Redhead USSC
3 Hamilton Azzurri FC
4 Kotara South FC
5 Mayfield United Senior FC
6 Minmi Wanderers FC
7 Newcastle Olympic FC
8 Newcastle Suns FC
9 Newcastle University FC
10 Swansea FC
11 Warners Bay FC
12 Westlakes Wildcats FC

League Two
(Formally League One)
3 Grades
1 Bolwarra Lorn JSC
2 Cooks Hill UFC
3 Croudace Bay FC
4 Mayfield United JSFC
5 Merewether Advance SFC
6 New Lambton FC
7 Newcastle Croatia FC
8 North United Wolves FC
9 South Maitland FC
10 Stockton Sharks FC
11 Southern United FC
12 Wallsend FC

League Three
(Formally League Two)
2 Grades
1 Barnsley USC
2 Bellbird FC
3 Charlestown FC
4 Garden Suburb FC
5 Greta Branxton FC
6 Kurri Kurri FC
7 Lake Macquarie FC
8 Lambton Jaffas JFC
9 Medowie FC
10 Merewether United FC
11 Nelson Bay FC
12 Southern Lakes FC

straightred88
13-01-2024, 09:04 AM
Confirmed.

League One
(Formally Premier League)
3 Grades
1 Cardiff City FC
2 Dudley Redhead USSC
3 Hamilton Azzurri FC
4 Kotara South FC
5 Mayfield United Senior FC
6 Minmi Wanderers FC
7 Newcastle Olympic FC
8 Newcastle Suns FC
9 Newcastle University FC
10 Swansea FC
11 Warners Bay FC
12 Westlakes Wildcats FC

League Two
(Formally League One)
3 Grades
1 Bolwarra Lorn JSC
2 Cooks Hill UFC
3 Croudace Bay FC
4 Mayfield United JSFC
5 Merewether Advance SFC
6 New Lambton FC
7 Newcastle Croatia FC
8 North United Wolves FC
9 South Maitland FC
10 Stockton Sharks FC
11 Southern United FC
12 Wallsend FC

League Three
(Formally League Two)
2 Grades
1 Barnsley USC
2 Bellbird FC
3 Charlestown FC
4 Garden Suburb FC
5 Greta Branxton FC
6 Kurri Kurri FC
7 Lake Macquarie FC
8 Lambton Jaffas JFC
9 Medowie FC
10 Merewether United FC
11 Nelson Bay FC
12 Southern Lakes FC

Will be an interesting comp, few new clubs and some returning. Hard to pick.

anfield
13-01-2024, 09:28 AM

It appears Croudace Bay are in Zone league 2.

Jim
13-01-2024, 04:31 PM

The rule is that the committee can over rule any rule. Dry the tears already. So the rules arent broken. The committee can veto the "usual" promo relo status according to their wants. Is this fair? maybe not imo.

Eastwest
13-01-2024, 05:54 PM
Movements
Southern United 1st, Cooks Hill 7th, up to ZL2
Cardiff City ZL3 gone. Any to G Suburb(s)?

Mayfield JSC dodged relegation from ZL2, Cardiff City avoided relegation from ZL1

No change to the ZL1

Good to see nearly all clubs remain.

Lake Mac, Southern Lakes, Garden S, Charlestown return to ZL2

TheDJ
23-01-2024, 10:34 AM
Where is Southern Lakes getting their players from?
I would guess they would pick up some ex-Toronto players and others around the bottom of the lake but their 2 highest AA teams were J grade and G grade (admittedly both did well in their grades) and a 16s team that did well; but those just make a solid ressies not a 1sts.

Taffy
23-01-2024, 11:34 AM
They had 5 AA teams last year, would imagine you pick the best out and throw in a few other older players from NL1 you've got a decent ZL3 team. Plus the brand new facility might attract a couple

biscuits
23-01-2024, 04:46 PM
They are playing in Cooranbong, which is 8 mins from Morisset! 15mins for Bonnells Bay.

Could be taking some of the ex Morisset ZL players?

The new facilities they playing out of, would be a definite draw card for them!

anfield
05-02-2024, 10:07 AM
They are playing in Cooranbong, which is 8 mins from Morisset! 15mins for Bonnells Bay.

Could be taking some of the ex Morisset ZL players?

The new facilities they playing out of, would be a definite draw card for them!

Rumours Southern Lakes struggling for players. Wonder if anyone involved can confirm the club are good to go?

Competition can't afford to be loosing another club especially after the new additions to the competition.

straightred88
05-02-2024, 03:08 PM
Rumours Southern Lakes struggling for players. Wonder if anyone involved can confirm the club are good to go?

Competition can't afford to be loosing another club especially after the new additions to the competition.

As I expected.

Eastwest
05-02-2024, 03:28 PM

geez. struggling for 2 grades is a not much chop. That is if the rumours are true.

straightred88
13-02-2024, 07:09 PM
geez. struggling for 2 grades is a not much chop. That is if the rumours are true.

Saw their post the other day - still looking for players but I would say a few clubs would be

mussfc
13-02-2024, 07:42 PM
Hi all
Mayfield united seniors here
Any team looking for a trial that have access to a ground ?
we have our ZL1 3rd grade team and our AA team looking for trials available most weekends or midweek.

Or if any AA clubs would like a game
Let me know by private message or email the club president@mayfieldunitedfc.com.au

riverboy
15-02-2024, 04:36 PM
I keep an eye on all clubs Facebook for all the new signings and news. Garden Suburbs certainly have recruited well, a few guys from West wallsend.

Although I don't think announcing a player from an Under 18 A competition is newsworthy at all? I little odd, especially given it's a big step up to Zone league football.

The Hacker
18-02-2024, 08:36 PM
Wandered over for the Merewether derby today. Pleasantly surprised by the new Merewether clubs move into Zone League. Merewether United beating the higher ranked Merewether Advance.
Good little derby played in good spirits but very competitive.
Good to see a new club looking fairly competitive and adding depth in that league

anfield
18-02-2024, 09:40 PM
Wandered over for the Merewether derby today. Pleasantly surprised by the new Merewether clubs move into Zone League. Merewether United beating the higher ranked Merewether Advance.
Good little derby played in good spirits but very competitive.
Good to see a new club looking fairly competitive and adding depth in that league

Merewether united squad is coming together nicely. Look it's only a trial but for us at United it was good to get 2 wins in both grades against good opposition. I think the cup idea is a great one that will grow, although being a new club it meant more to united.

Merewether united have done alot of hard work off the field to make the move into Zone League successful. The club has also given a home too a few players from the Wallsend zone league squad that pulled out.

anfield
21-02-2024, 10:59 AM
Merewether united have 1 or 2 positions left for this year's Zone League 3 squad. Mainly looking for defenders to complete what looks to be a competitive squad.
For all details contact Kieran on 0418453655 or send me a private msg.

straightred88
23-02-2024, 03:34 PM
Was anyone at the zone meeting ? Hearing if the winner of zone 3 can?t get 3 teams for zone 2 the year after the club could be removed from the zone competition altogether ? Surely not

anfield
23-02-2024, 08:01 PM
Was anyone at the zone meeting ? Hearing if the winner of zone 3 can?t get 3 teams for zone 2 the year after the club could be removed from the zone competition altogether ? Surely not

I wasn't at meeting but I was told the same thing.

Some mixed messages here. A few months ago the talk was about scrapping third grade. A few months later clubs may be scrapped if they can't field a third grade. Got me confused....

I think they need to review this. The facts are no new clubs will ever join, nearly impossible to get the required 50 players to field a new club.

It also limits areas of who may join zone league. I think it's great that new clubs like Southern Lakes join. Hard to see clubs from the valley getting the required numbers to join.This move will only work for bigger clubs, smaller clubs will just drop out of Zone Football.

straightred88
23-02-2024, 08:05 PM

Some mixed messages here. A few months ago the talk was about scrapping third grade. A few months later clubs may be scrapped if they can't field a third grade. Got me confused....

I think they need to review this. The facts are no new clubs will ever join, nearly impossible to get the required 50 players to field a new club.

It also limits areas of who may join zone league. I think it's great that new clubs like Southern Lakes join. Hard to see clubs from the valley getting the required numbers to join.This move will only work for bigger clubs, smaller clubs will just drop out of Zone Football.

Exactly right. A circus all round.

Jardelsimage
23-02-2024, 08:27 PM

maybe you should go to the meetings, then you would not have to listen to mixed messages.

They listened on not scrapping 3rds after more than 80% put there hand up to keep the ZL1 & ZL2 with 3 grades at the last meeting, tip your hat to them for making a quick decision on that one.

What your saying is not what was said, if they want to go up after winning ZL3 then they would have to have 3 grades, there is no way the zones will kick a club out for not fielding 3 grades if they win ZL3, they just wont go up

It is not the same in regards to ZL1 and NL1 movements that are being discussed, with some great, sensible discussions about how it should be done.

straightred88
23-02-2024, 11:17 PM
maybe you should go to the meetings, then you would not have to listen to mixed messages.

They listened on not scrapping 3rds after more than 80% put there hand up to keep the ZL1 & ZL2 with 3 grades at the last meeting, tip your hat to them for making a quick decision on that one.

What your saying is not what was said, if they want to go up after winning ZL3 then they would have to have 3 grades, there is no way the zones will kick a club out for not fielding 3 grades if they win ZL3, they just wont go up

It is not the same in regards to ZL1 and NL1 movements that are being discussed, with some great, sensible discussions about how it should be done.

Maybe he?s not his clubs rep and I?m sure not all clubs were represented like most of the time. Always the same crap anyway. Let me guess, here?s a piece of paper with changes blah blah

anfield
23-02-2024, 11:39 PM

Maybe I should go, but I didn't.

I was told that directly from someone at the meeting.....
Again I was told that the joint board said they expected all teams going up from zl3 to zl2 to provide 3 grades. Again I was told a Nelson Bay representative asked if they won zl3 and were promoted what would happen. The response was their entry into the competition might not be accepted.

I only mentioned it after straightred88 stated this, obviously he heard this from someone at the meeting too...

straightred88
24-02-2024, 08:31 AM
Maybe I should go, but I didn't.

I was told that directly from someone at the meeting.....
Again I was told that the joint board said they expected all teams going up from zl3 to zl2 to provide 3 grades. Again I was told a Nelson Bay representative asked if they won zl3 and were promoted what would happen. The response was their entry into the competition might not be accepted.

I only mentioned it after straightred88 stated this, obviously he heard this from someone at the meeting too...

Exactly what I was told.

Jardelsimage
24-02-2024, 09:34 AM
Exactly what I was told.

i was there and thats not what i heard, it was a bit of a drop the ball moment from the powers, who fumbled there way through it, something about helping clubs get through it all, similar to the northern thought process on being promoted to NL1, it is compulsory but clubs will be helped.

In the end the clubs that say i cant get a 3rds, from areas/clubs that have quite a few AA sides, are not really trying.
Also heard one club say something along the lines of "we dont even talk to our AA sides" the club/town is split in half and that there is half the problem, giving up before even trying...

but in the end, people will hear what they want to hear....

riverboy
24-02-2024, 12:42 PM
i was there and thats not what i heard, it was a bit of a drop the ball moment from the powers, who fumbled there way through it, something about helping clubs get through it all, similar to the northern thought process on being promoted to NL1, it is compulsory but clubs will be helped.

In the end the clubs that say i cant get a 3rds, from areas/clubs that have quite a few AA sides, are not really trying.
Also heard one club say something along the lines of "we dont even talk to our AA sides" the club/town is split in half and that there is half the problem, giving up before even trying...

but in the end, people will hear what they want to hear....

If I've read correctly over the years, Isn't your club one that pays first graders rego? I think you will find if you didn't pay those regos then you would struggle to field 3 grades over the years. Probably the only reason some are playing there. Just using your club as an example, probably a couple of others in the same boat.

Jardelsimage
24-02-2024, 03:52 PM
If I've read correctly over the years, Isn't your club one that pays first graders rego? I think you will find if you didn't pay those regos then you would struggle to field 3 grades over the years. Probably the only reason some are playing there. Just using your club as an example, probably a couple of others in the same boat.

yes river we have for quite a few years like most.

Over the years we have had up's and downs, one year plenty of players, the next we might struggle.
same as paying regos, some years we do a team, some years we might do less than half a team, it varies year to year.

I don't think that's the reason for it at all and not the point i was getting to, you have clubs who at the start of the season, 4 weeks out, saying if they run 1st and have to go up, won't be able to get players for an additional team.
How about stop we can't do attitude, to let's see what happens if we get that far and go from there.

Riverboy you were connected to terrace? yes/no

riverboy
24-02-2024, 09:38 PM
yes river we have for quite a few years like most.

Over the years we have had up's and downs, one year plenty of players, the next we might struggle.
same as paying regos, some years we do a team, some years we might do less than half a team, it varies year to year.

I don't think that's the reason for it at all and not the point i was getting to, you have clubs who at the start of the season, 4 weeks out, saying if they run 1st and have to go up, won't be able to get players for an additional team.
How about stop we can't do attitude, to let's see what happens if we get that far and go from there.

Riverboy you were connected to terrace? yes/no

I played one year at Terrace, that was my only connection with them.

slipperyfish
04-03-2024, 04:54 PM
Any trial game results over the past few weeks?

Kicktheball
04-03-2024, 06:21 PM

I got told Cardiff spanked Barnsley.

riverboy
04-03-2024, 09:21 PM
I got told Cardiff spanked Barnsley.

Scores?

straightred88
04-03-2024, 09:34 PM

Heard Jaffas 5-2 Mayfield Juniors

slipperyfish
04-03-2024, 09:39 PM
Seems mayf jnrs in for another tough year. Jaffas with some decent results against mayf and Croatia. Charlestown and suburbs have a trial this weekend, should be a good watch

anfield
05-03-2024, 07:36 PM
Seems mayf jnrs in for another tough year. Jaffas with some decent results against mayf and Croatia. Charlestown and suburbs have a trial this weekend, should be a good watch

No great surprise there. Lambton finished 2nd only to a very good Southern United outfit. Mayfield finished last in the division above and weren't relegated.

Association really needs to look at promoting and relegating 2 teams at a time to avoid some teams struggling in divisions for extended years.

slipperyfish
11-03-2024, 12:40 PM
Garden suburbs 6 Charlestown 2 over the weekend.
Suburbs showing their quality. Did anyone catch the game?

NUGUNS
11-03-2024, 01:45 PM
Garden suburbs 6 Charlestown 2 over the weekend.
Suburbs showing their quality. Did anyone catch the game?

Went and had a gander.

Hard fought for the first 30 and then Suburbs started scoring.

The blokes up front for Charlestown are pretty handy and will cause issues if they keep up their workrate.

What did surprise me was 2 reds in the Reserve grade game for dissent. Charlestown's centre back got a red I'm assuming under the new abuse rules towards refs and Suburb's had a guy sent seemingly for telling a player on other team off with a c-bomb included in front of a female ref.

It will interesting to see if the match official abuse rules filter down to the lower leagues moving forward.

Jardelsimage
11-03-2024, 02:40 PM
Went and had a gander.

Hard fought for the first 30 and then Suburbs started scoring.

The blokes up front for Charlestown are pretty handy and will cause issues if they keep up their workrate.

What did surprise me was 2 reds in the Reserve grade game for dissent. Charlestown's centre back got a red I'm assuming under the new abuse rules towards refs and Suburb's had a guy sent seemingly for telling a player on other team off with a c-bomb included in front of a female ref.

It will interesting to see if the match official abuse rules filter down to the lower leagues moving forward.

Same ref sent one of our reggies players off the week before, similar thing, swearing, wouldnt let us replace him.
How about a stint on the sidelines instead, cool down etc, these are trial games after all.

riverboy
11-03-2024, 04:15 PM
Same ref sent one of our reggies players off the week before, similar thing, swearing, wouldnt let us replace him.
How about a stint on the sidelines instead, cool down etc, these are trial games after all.

Sorry to say old mate, but cardiff along with norths haven't got the best discipline records. Players need to be pulled into line across the board, pretty simple really. Can't say everyone hasn't been warned enough.

Jardelsimage
11-03-2024, 04:44 PM
Sorry to say old mate, but cardiff along with norths haven't got the best discipline records. Players need to be pulled into line across the board, pretty simple really. Can't say everyone hasn't been warned enough.

I didn't say don't send him off, but in the past if a player gets removed from the field during a trial game, generally it's a sit on the sidelines for a while to cool down.

You would find our record over the years is no worse than most, Norths have their own issues.
Yes we have all been warned, one email form the powers that be, one press release from northern about abuse towards refs, ours was not that at all, last weekend.
trial game is still a trial game FFS.

In the end it depends on the ref i have been told, what they think is reasonable and what is not, this particular ref has a rep for send offs for swearing supposedly.

The Hacker
11-03-2024, 05:30 PM
I didn't say don't send him off, but in the past if a player gets removed from the field during a trial game, generally it's a sit on the sidelines for a while to cool down.

You would find our record over the years is no worse than most, Norths have their own issues.
Yes we have all been warned, one email form the powers that be, one press release from northern about abuse towards refs, ours was not that at all, last weekend.
trial game is still a trial game FFS.

In the end it depends on the ref i have been told, what they think is reasonable and what is not, this particular ref has a rep for send offs for swearing supposedly.

I hope they don?t end up like some kids in NPL that have been sent off for swearing at a ref in a trial game that are now suspended for 8 weeks

Jardelsimage
11-03-2024, 07:49 PM
I hope they don?t end up like some kids in NPL that have been sent off for swearing at a ref in a trial game that are now suspended for 8 weeks

correct, a good ref will take whats said in context, if it's not directed at them, if so you have to cop what's given.
Most forms of swearing are allowed/tolerated in society now days, so at what level is it not allowed/tolerated on the football field.

NUGUNS
11-03-2024, 10:13 PM
correct, a good ref will take whats said in context, if it's not directed at them, if so you have to cop what's given.
Most forms of swearing are allowed/tolerated in society now days, so at what level is it not allowed/tolerated on the football field.

The send off for Suburbs was after a poor challenge from a Charlestown player and the words were directly at the player. Still not sure how it was a send off.

outsider
12-03-2024, 08:24 AM
The send off for Suburbs was after a poor challenge from a Charlestown player and the words were directly at the player. Still not sure how it was a send off.

Offensive,insulting,abusive?OFFINABUS is a red card

ZLWB
14-03-2024, 08:48 PM
Offensive,insulting,abusive?OFFINABUS is a red card

Correct. While technically correct most refs will handle it with a chat to the player.
The ?Zero Tolerance? campaign is about abuse of match officials. When two players get a bit lippy with each other I reckon a RC is harsh and could be managed better

slipperyfish
19-03-2024, 06:40 PM
Predictions for weekend-
Barnsley 3-2 Medowie
Garden suburb 4-0 Merewether
Lambton 2-1 Greta
Kurri 2-0 Lake Mac
Charlestown 3-0 Bellbird
Nelson Bay 3-1 Southern Lakes

straightred88
19-03-2024, 07:41 PM
Predictions for weekend-
Barnsley 3-2 Medowie
Garden suburb 4-0 Merewether
Lambton 2-1 Greta
Kurri 2-0 Lake Mac
Charlestown 3-0 Bellbird
Nelson Bay 3-1 Southern Lakes

Barnsley 2-2 Medowie
Suburbs 5-1 Merewether
Jaffas 3-0 Greta
Kurri 2-1 Lake Mac
Charlestown 2-0 Bellbird
Bay 3-0 Southern Lakes

Avocadomexican
20-03-2024, 12:50 PM
Barnsley 2-1 Medowie
Suburbs 4-1 Merewether
Jaffas 2-2 Greta
Kurri 4-0 Lake
Charlestown 3-2 Bellbird
Bay 6-1 Southlakes

Premy
20-03-2024, 07:22 PM
Barnsley 3-3 Medowie
Jaffas 2-0 Greta
Kurri 1-0 Lakes
Charlestown 0-0 Bellbird
Nelson Bay 3-1 Southern

NUGUNS
23-03-2024, 05:36 PM
1sts Suburbs 2 - 0 Merewether
Res Suburbs 2 - 1 Merewether

riverboy
23-03-2024, 07:05 PM
1sts Suburbs 2 - 0 Merewether
Res Suburbs 2 - 1 Merewether

Suburbs look good? I here they have signed plenty. What about merewether?

NUGUNS
23-03-2024, 07:28 PM
Suburbs look good? I here they have signed plenty. What about merewether?

Hard not to be biased but Suburbs cruised through the game.

Merewether aren't a bad side though. I was confused when people were predicting higher scores.

anfield
23-03-2024, 09:04 PM
Hard not to be biased but Suburbs cruised through the game.

Merewether aren't a bad side though. I was confused when people were predicting higher scores.

I guess we all see things different.....
I think most will agree Merewether the better side first half, needed to be better in final third.

Suburbs scored a questionable goal offside (no linesman at all) or keeper taken out just before half time. In the 5 minutes after half time, Suburbs score a good goal and Merewether have a player sent. Game over.

Overall Suburbs put the ball in the net twice and Merewether didn't. That's the game

slipperyfish
24-03-2024, 01:13 PM
Bellbird 2-0 Charlestown
Jaffas 2-0 Greta
Kurri 10-1 lake Mac. Wow
Heard Barnsley put a few past medowie, unsure on final score

Donk
24-03-2024, 03:50 PM
Bellbird 2-0 Charlestown
Jaffas 2-0 Greta
Kurri 10-1 lake Mac. Wow
Heard Barnsley put a few past medowie, unsure on final score
Scores were
1st 6-0 Barnsley
Res 3-0 Barnsley

Wasn't there so can't comment on the games

straightred88
01-04-2024, 08:52 PM
Round 2

Bellbird 1-3 Barnsley
Lakes 1-1 Charlestown
Mereweather 3-0 Southern Lakes
Nelson Bay 3-2 Greta
Garden Suburbs 4-0 Medowie
Jaffas 1-2 Kurri

anfield
01-04-2024, 10:10 PM
Round 2

Bellbird 1-3 Barnsley
Lakes 1-1 Charlestown
Mereweather 3-0 Southern Lakes
Nelson Bay 3-2 Greta
Garden Suburbs 4-0 Medowie
Jaffas 1-2 Kurri

Big rain predicted Friday and Saturday. If totals are correct hard to see many games going ahead.

slipperyfish
09-04-2024, 11:47 AM
Anyone get the merewether vs southern lakes results from last night?

anfield
09-04-2024, 01:33 PM
Anyone get the merewether vs southern lakes results from last night?
First grade
Merewether 4 southern lakes 1

Reserves
Merewether 1 southern lakes 0

Thanks to southern for agreeing to get the game played asap.

anfield
09-04-2024, 01:35 PM
Big rain predicted Friday and Saturday. If totals are correct hard to see many games going ahead.

That's probably my only prediction I will make for the year.

slipperyfish
10-04-2024, 03:41 PM
Round 3 predictions -
Suburbs 4-0 Bellbird
Barnsley 2-2 Charlestown
Branxton 1-1 Merewether
Kurri 3-1 Nelson bay
Lambton 4-0 Lake Mac
South lakes 2-2 Medowie

straightred88
11-04-2024, 08:30 PM
Round 3 predictions -
Suburbs 4-0 Bellbird
Barnsley 2-2 Charlestown
Branxton 1-1 Merewether
Kurri 3-1 Nelson bay
Lambton 4-0 Lake Mac
South lakes 2-2 Medowie

Suburbs 4-1 Bellbird
Barnsley 3-1 Charlestown
Greta 1-2 Merewether
Kurri 3-0 Nelson Bay
Jaffas 5-1 Lake Mac
South Lakes 1-2 Medowie

MurderOnZidanesFloor
13-04-2024, 10:03 AM
Suburbs 5-0 Bellbird
Barnsley 2-1 Charlestown
Greta 1-3 Merewether
Kurri 2-1 Nelson Bay
Jaffas 3-0 Lake Mac
South Lakes 3-1 Medowie

NUGUNS
13-04-2024, 05:41 PM
1st
Suburbs 3 - 1 Bellbird
Res
Suburbs 5 - 0 Bellbird (just going off scoreboard could be wrong)

anfield
13-04-2024, 07:10 PM
Greta v merewether
Firsts 3-1 greta
Not much in the game, 35 yard bomb and 20 yard free kick both quality finishes for greta.

Reserves 3-0 greta

slipperyfish
13-04-2024, 11:22 PM
Jaffas 10-0 lake Mac firsts
Jaffas 3-0 lake Mac ressies

Charlestown 1-1 Barnsley firsts
Charlestown 3-2 Barnsley ressies

Nelson bay 1-0 Kurri ressies
Nelson bay 2-1 Kurri firsts

slipperyfish
16-04-2024, 11:29 PM
First grade Jaffas 2-2 kurri