PDA

View Full Version : HAL 12/13 Rd 3 - Newcastle Jets vs Central Coast Mariners 20/10/12 k/off 530pm AEDST

Pages : 1 [2]

Buddha
23-10-2012, 01:14 PM
The myth that the Gypos are now a good football team is something they've deliberately built up around themselves these past few seasons. While I think it's fair to say that they do approach the game with less of a hoofball mentality than they displayed under McKinna, it's also true that the current image they try to project through post-match comments, pre-game press conferences, general interviews and so on has basically been imposed on them as a form of propaganda by that surly wanker who coaches them. Seriously, has Arnie ever listened to his own post-match comments? I can't even count the amount of times I've heard him moan about the game being "far too open for my liking" and then go on to rant about how he prefers his team to stick to a tighter and more miserly defensive structure. Let's be honest: unless you're a top EPL side (excluding Arsenal) or Barcelona, it's very difficult to combine flowing attack with non-porous defence on a consistent basis. Very few A-League teams manage to do it (Brisbane, for mine, have been the only real exception), and the idea that the Mariners exemplify that sort of football is laughable. Arnold, self-righteous and self-victimised clown that he is, pays pious lip-service to the hallowed concept of "good football" (and instructs his players to do the same) so that he can mask his negative, defence-based philosophy and distract people from the fact that the Mariners haven't achieved anything like Roar did under Postecoglou.

(NOTE: I don't by any means think the Jets have lived up to the similar myth that has attached itself to us under van Egmond. Just saying that the Gypos are full of shit.)
Everytime i see you post something that has more than 3 sentences i get the biggest hard on

boz-monaut
23-10-2012, 10:45 PM
I wonder which hurts the coasties more right at this moment, the fact we won the grand final in 08 due to poor refereeing, or the fact we won on Saturday due to poor refereeing

I'd like any coasties reading this to ponder that for a moment, to really feel the pain burn you up inside, to feel that there's no justice in this game, no justice in life

good, use your aggressive feelings, let the hate flow through you

hawk
23-10-2012, 11:17 PM
What a tool he is!!

Your team scores a supposed last minute equaliser you should go celebrate with in this order

1 your teammates
2 your fans
3 your coaching staff/bench
4 the opposition fans
5 the opposing players
6 the opposing teams bench

Look at how far done the order this Grub has stooped. **** has no class and NFI

And yelling obscenities at the newy bench after he thought they had equalised. dozens of egg on face

Portillo
26-10-2012, 10:13 AM
97th

Thanks.