PDA

View Full Version : HAL 12/13 Rd 3 - Newcastle Jets vs Central Coast Mariners 20/10/12 k/off 530pm AEDST

Pages : [1] 2

furns
15-10-2012, 08:41 PM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/JetsLogo.gif VS http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/central-coast-mariners1.jpg

2012/2013 Hyundai A-League
Season 8 Round 3
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Central Coast Mariners FC
THE F3 DERBY

When: Saturday 20th October, 2012
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 530pm AEDST (gates open 4pm)
Tickets: https://www.proticket.com.au/event.asp?eventid=1946
Pre-match: from 12pm Heskey Park Tennis Club, Cnr Lambton and Curley Rds Broadmeadow
Watch: LIVE on Foxsports and FoxSports HD
Listen: ABC Newcastle
Tweet: #f3derby
This is the game that should set our regular season attendance record.

Superdylan
15-10-2012, 08:46 PM
This is the game that should set our regular season attendance record.

That was 20,980 against Sydney fc.

Not sure if we can beat it but i reacon we should get 16,000+, hopefully the mariners can bring some away support.

Also note first ever f3 derby at home on a Saturday, should be a good night.

I reacon we can win, central coast weren't all that pretty yesterday. Didn't create a heap of chances.

Jets 1-0 (heskey to score)

NewcastleForLife
15-10-2012, 08:52 PM
We'll dominate the midfield and hopefully our defence can handle their long-ball bullshit. 2-0 our way, goodwin double.
I'll be happy with 15k tbh, surely only a handful of scum supporters will make the effort as usual

furns
15-10-2012, 08:58 PM
Well they have just cancelled their bus due to lack of numbers and there is trackwork this weekend, so that tells you their levels of commitment.

boz-monaut
15-10-2012, 09:09 PM
we will loose

q-money
15-10-2012, 09:15 PM
loose

RedMexican
15-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Well they have just cancelled their bus due to lack of numbers and there is trackwork this weekend, so that tells you their levels of commitment.

piss poor effort tbh

parksey
15-10-2012, 09:20 PM
from what i've seen of ccm they look as hard to break down as ever; we certainly won't be getting gifts like we did in sydney on the weekend. it's going to take a big effort to beat them, but i think we can do it.

i'd expect a crowd of around 17k.

furns
15-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Heskey will hopefully be able to keep two of their defenders busy allowing RyGriff and Goodwin to run riot. Expect Hutcho to be his usual grub self and foul our younger players all over the park. Hopefully they dont get wound up over it.

stopper2
15-10-2012, 09:43 PM
I would love to see the boys fire up for this one like in the early years of the HAL when we owned them. In recent seasons these have been fairly tame affairs, just like a normal game.....not a derby match where it should mean something extra to get one over your opponent. Yes we have to play smart and have a plan but this is the game where you play with extra passion and feeling. This is also where we the crowd play a big part in giving the boys that edge in what will most probably be a closely fought out game.....we have to start believing in this team. It's a magical feeling when the team and the crowd are as one.....I just havbe a feeling that we are returning to those days!

NewcastleForLife
15-10-2012, 10:35 PM

Joke of the league...

Agree with stopper, something has been missing the last few derbies, needs more passion, idk...

Hamma12
16-10-2012, 07:23 AM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Van-Egmond-reminices-about-Grand-Final-win/50380

Video posted by the Club's Facebook page.....Dutchy on what the derby means to him

btw loose

BodyNovo
16-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Heskey to score 4
1 on the right
1 on the left
1 on the head
1 with his cock

Jets 4-0

Edit* could be 4 with his cock

Jeterpool
16-10-2012, 08:20 AM
Breaking down the Gypo's is going to be the tough part of the match.

Bojic has been a grub the last two matches so I expect he is going to give Goodwin a really good hacking. We will need more creativity from the right to compensate.

Agree Heskey will bully Sainsbury and Zwanswijk so that should give Griffiths more room to move. If Zad moves to the fullback position, I don't see any option but for Kanta to play.

My lineup will be:

--------------------BK---------------------

Zad-------Tiago---------Mitchell-----Ritter

-----------Jobe-----------Kanta----------

Griff-----------Ribero-------------Goodwin

----------------Heskey------------------

Bench - Birraz, Bridges, Regan, Brillante (would usually pick Virgili but we need some addition cover in the centre)

Injured - Duncan, Pepper, Neville, Brown,

pv4
16-10-2012, 08:31 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/110hhzm.jpg

pv4
16-10-2012, 08:38 AM
would even be putting kanta or regan at rb before wasting zadkid from the midfield.

timmy_v
16-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Pv4, swap Ryu with Bernardo and have Taggart out in the right hand side. Also I think Scott Neville will play, frat derby and all. #winning

Jeterpool
16-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Pv4, swap Ryu with Bernardo and have Taggart out in the right hand side. Also I think Scott Neville will play, frat derby and all. #winning

I hope so.

If he does, line up should be unchanged

pv4
16-10-2012, 09:12 AM

i assume what you just said will happen, but i'd like to see bernardo given a go at a legit version of number 10. to me, even though his pass to goodwin was nice, i don't think ryu is creative enough to play the cutting edge ball - which is what we're going to need to break through the bus of the coast.

i totally forgot about taggart, his speed could be pretty useful especially if we learn to counter-attack when bojic/rose go for a run forward.

russjaybee
16-10-2012, 09:44 AM
http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2012/10/550225_Newcastle_Jets.jpg

I thought Zadko played well last season when he was moved to the backs for a couple of games (or maybe it was just one?).

IMO Ribero could turn in to a Fiorentini. Looks good when he plays (imo) and other fans seem to like him but never really selected as a starter and always played out of position.
Lets hope not because if a visa spot is used for this type of squad player then that is a bit of a disc race.

ps is the a-league still a 4 man bench? ridic, should be 5. Couldn't really decide between virgili and taggart.

pv4
16-10-2012, 09:48 AM
zadkid is great at rb, he's great everywhere. but he's wasted when not in the middle, and i try everything in my will to keep him in there.

i'd much prefer taggart to chilli.

and yep, 1 gk and 3 outfield player bench

Mitchy
16-10-2012, 09:57 AM
2/3 derbies last season it looked like we cared about them again, the first home game and the 1-1 away was the first time in about 3 seasons they looked like they gave a shit about them.
lets hope the jerks play with passion this weekend especially after the sydney result, but then again we support the jerks.

crowd 19000

russjaybee
16-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Hope goodwin scores a rocket and takes the absolute piss. It pains me to say but something about him reminds me of bale, not how he plays, how he looks, his jaw or something. Trying not to hold it against him though.

Can't wait to see heskey run an muck and give em absolute hell, drop hutch etc.

parksey
16-10-2012, 10:51 AM
I don't think Heskey is going to have an easy time against their centre backs, who are probably the best back 2 in the comp along with Perth's stoppers. Young Sainsbury looks a real prospect.

MFKS
16-10-2012, 11:18 AM
zadkid is great at rb, he's great everywhere. but he's wasted when not in the middle, and i try everything in my will to keep him in there.

i'd much prefer taggart to chilli.

and yep, 1 gk and 3 outfield player bench

Now my biggest concern is not Zadko playing at RB because he does a great job there but as to who would go into the middle of the park to replace him if he is needed at RB. No way in the world do I want any of the likes of Kanta Bridges Jesic who are the most likely fill ins for Zads. None of these have the mongrel that i want to see from us Saturday

Big games are won by actually showing more commitment than your opponent and nowhere is this more important than in the middle of the park. Sure you need to put the ball in the net and take your chances but the ideal recipe is to outwork and fight harder than your opponent. As a result I feel our best option is too put the right blokes in the centre of the park and work from there. I would go with a central midfield trio of Jobe Zads and Tiago. None of these blokes can be deemed shrinking violets and will be up for the challenge of dishing it out to the Gypos when necessary.

Sure it may mean we have to play someone out of their natural position but I would rather we went with these 3 in the guts to out power Gypos and have to rely on Taylor or Kanta playing at RB if necessary. As far as the calls for Bernardo I feel at this point in time from what I have seen he should be left on the bench to make an impact as the game opens up in the second half. First half should be the dogs of war battle mentality with Jobe Zads and Tiago kicking lumps out of anything in yellow and navy that moves.

Get into the battle get on the front foot by winning the battle hopefully get in the lead and then turn on the flair towards the end to finish them off.

Grimario
16-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Now my biggest concern is not Zadko playing at RB because he does a great job there but as to who would go into the middle of the park to replace him if he is needed at RB. No way in the world do I want any of the likes of Kanta Bridges Jesic who are the most likely fill ins for Zads. None of these have the mongrel that i want to see from us Saturday

What happened to Pepper? RubeZ at RB and Pepper in midfield would fill me with more confidence than RubeZ and Kanta regardless of where they play.

MFKS
16-10-2012, 11:32 AM
What happened to Pepper? RubeZ at RB and Pepper in midfield would fill me with more confidence than RubeZ and Kanta regardless of where they play.

Forgot about him !!! Probably because when I have seen them train/play Peppz seems to have dropped way down the packing order this season as has Taylor Reagan

furns
16-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Someone posted before Peppz was injured?

Jeterpool
16-10-2012, 04:05 PM

Yeah I did - The Herald, our reliable local source, says he was on light duties yesterday in the pool with Jack Duncan.

Maybe my classification of "injured" is incorrect - have nothing else to go on so assumed he was hurt.

Beeen
16-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Club should play 'Gypsies, tramps and thieves' over the PA on saturday. Good song by Cher.

parksey
16-10-2012, 05:49 PM

he was wearing an ice pack on his leg on the news last night.

namwob99
16-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Good song by Cher.
There is no such thing!!

stopper2
16-10-2012, 08:35 PM

Big games are won by actually showing more commitment than your opponent and nowhere is this more important than in the middle of the park. Sure you need to put the ball in the net and take your chances but the ideal recipe is to outwork and fight harder than your opponent. As a result I feel our best option is too put the right blokes in the centre of the park and work from there. I would go with a central midfield trio of Jobe Zads and Tiago. None of these blokes can be deemed shrinking violets and will be up for the challenge of dishing it out to the Gypos when necessary.

Sure it may mean we have to play someone out of their natural position but I would rather we went with these 3 in the guts to out power Gypos and have to rely on Taylor or Kanta playing at RB if necessary. As far as the calls for Bernardo I feel at this point in time from what I have seen he should be left on the bench to make an impact as the game opens up in the second half. First half should be the dogs of war battle mentality with Jobe Zads and Tiago kicking lumps out of anything in yellow and navy that moves.

Get into the battle get on the front foot by winning the battle hopefully get in the lead and then turn on the flair towards the end to finish them off.
I think MFKS has got it spot on here. Zadkid must be in the middle and it would be worth putting Tiago in there as well. I recall last season that whenever Rubes was unavailable we were very ordinary in the middle of the park and lacked intensity. Taylor or Kanta would do the job at RB or I would even blood Andrew Hoole from the Youth team who played RB for most of the NBN league season.

seldom
16-10-2012, 09:38 PM
I would even blood Andrew Hoole from the Youth team who played RB for most of the NBN league season.

Really ?

Grimario
17-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets head coach Gary van Egmond has named an extended 22-man squad for Saturday’s F3 Derby match against the Central Coast Mariners at Hunter Stadium.

Goalkeeper Mark Birighitti has been added to the squad after serving a one-week suspension for the red card he received in the season opener against Adelaide United.

Young Socceroos Josh Brillante, Connor Chapman and Adam Taggart will also join the squad after returning from their two match series against the Portugese under 20’s in Lisbon.

More details to follow…

Newcastle Jets squad: 1. Ben KENNEDY (gk), 2. Scott NEVILLE, 3. Tiago CALVANO, 4. Josh MITCHELL, 5. Dominik RITTER, 6. Ben KANTAROVSKI, 8. Ruben ZADKOVICH, 9. Emile HESKEY, 10. Bernardo RIBEIRO, 11. Connor CHAPMAN 12. Josh BRILLANTE 14. Taylor REGAN, 15. Craig GOODWIN, 16. Jobe WHEELHOUSE (c), 17. James VIRGILI, 18. Jacob PEPPER, 19. Michael BRIDGES, 20. Mark BIRIGHITTI 21. Marko JESIC, 22. Adam TAGGART 23. Ryan GRIFFITHS, 30. Jack DUNCAN (gk).

In: Mark Birighitti, Josh Brillante, Connor Chapman, Adam Taggart.
Out: None.

So, our entire 23 man squad minus the injured Brown has been named in the squad for the weekend. GGGVE

Bon
17-10-2012, 11:37 AM
So, our entire 23 man squad minus the injured Brown has been named in the squad for the weekend. GGGVE

I'm guessing that he wants to keep the Gypo's and the press guessing as to what formation/lineup he will pull out in the Derby.. I wouldn't see it as such a negative thing..

Grimario
17-10-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm guessing that he wants to keep the Gypo's and the press guessing as to what formation/lineup he will pull out in the Derby.. I wouldn't see it as such a negative thing..

Oh, I don't doubt it... but why not include Brown for the sake of it? Hell, throw in some of the NYL guys as well, make it a 30 man squad, leave them really confused.

Bon
17-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Oh, I don't doubt it... but why not include Brown for the sake of it? Hell, throw in some of the NYL guys as well, make it a 30 man squad, leave them really confused.

Hahahaha.. True true..
(Although if he really wanted to confuse the coasties, he could have worked many different angles.. Mentioned the rising cost of largies of Tooheys Red, perhaps started rumours about the increasing health risks associated with living in caravans, or even dropped a major bombshell with quotation of the laws against inbreeding.. :gent: )

MFKS
17-10-2012, 12:04 PM
FFS They are Gypos confusing them isn't ****ing hard and doesn't require underhanded or sneaky methods

Mitchy
17-10-2012, 12:16 PM
just someone break Hutcho

true waterboy
17-10-2012, 01:23 PM

pretty sure they missed mitch cooper, my guess is its a typo and was meant to be included

Thomas477
17-10-2012, 11:32 PM
pretty sure they missed mitch cooper, my guess is its a typo and was meant to be included

Is he in the 23, or just a youth player?

pv4
18-10-2012, 07:47 AM
he's in the 23. I think chapman, the ox & Duncan are on apprenticeships & hence not in the full squad

cheflyf
18-10-2012, 09:31 AM
how does the ticketing count work??? I just purchased 3 genral admin tickets with the ticketing numbers 7073-7075. Does this mean that so far 7075 tickets have been purchased on top of the 11,000 members?

BTW mine, my girl friends and my mates first game of the season due to work. Also we have recruited 3 a league virgins who are coming to their first game on saturday.

Apparently all the alcohol is mid strengh and there is only one window open at the bar??? Looks like we will all be getting smashed before the game

boz-monaut
18-10-2012, 09:39 AM
the ticket count works in that they start from a number between 0 and 5,000 and count sequentially

it's pretty useless for guessing crowds if you want any sort of accuracy

and I'm not sure how it relates to membership, though I imagine it doesn't include them as well

and yep, all booze at all A-League games is now mid-strength, best to pre-load at the tenzo

cheflyf
18-10-2012, 09:45 AM
No can do on saturday as i finish work at 4:30. But we will be doing the tenzo next friday. How much are drinks at the tenzo?

belchardo
18-10-2012, 09:50 AM
beer lines in the new western stand were quite short i thought, in and out in 5 minutes before and during the game. probably 30-40 people served while i was there. good system.

q-money
18-10-2012, 09:52 AM
i can recommend the raspberry cruisers

snake
18-10-2012, 10:03 AM
can we still get full-strength wine?

those were the days :wub:

hawk
18-10-2012, 10:15 AM
can we still get full-strength wine?
those were the days :wub:

Can on at the new halfway bar on Styx oval. Its a long walk.

q-money
18-10-2012, 10:22 AM
SD's pool bar goes off

plague
18-10-2012, 11:36 AM
What are beer lines like st the Tenzo?

BodyNovo
18-10-2012, 12:02 PM
What are beer lines like st the Tenzo?

would have been an issue last home game if it were not for the new outdoor bar: 20$ for 5 ciders or 4 heinekens.

if the lines are to big, mitchy does a pretty cheap goon sack service with the teens at HJ's

Mitchy
18-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Goon for all (y)

MFKS
18-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Wouldn't whinge about the beer queues at Stade de Newy after witnessing the crap at Allianz on Saturday. How ****ing bad were they?? 1 beer location down our end. Hate to see how they cope at Allianz for a full house if they struggled that bad for an expected 30-35k crowd.

Anyways have a tip that I picked up from someone on my travels. Bloke was from overseas and the policies there are much stricter than here. What they use to do was get oranges and other fruit and soak the things in Liquor. Then they would wrap them up in Cling Wrap and take to the game. As it was seen by the Security as a bit of pre prepared fruit they didn't bat an eyelid. Once inside the ground the fans were sucking on the oranges and getting their liquor fix and the authorities were none the wiser.

Anyways I don't think you have to go to those extremes to smuggle in your own grog anyways. Last home game I came straight from a morning golfing outing and had won a few balls as prizes I was able to inadvertently take them into the ground and had a pocketful of them. Also you can pretty much take in what ever you like after the Secos have done a couple of hundred bag checks they get a little bit lax and couldn't give a **** mode if you appear to be honest and start showing them your bags voluntarily and opening up pockets upon pockets yet not opening up the pocket that has your stash.

Also hip flasks are a gold mine for this type of activity

furns
18-10-2012, 08:27 PM
deliberately avoid stadium food and beer for the reason I cant be arsed paying exorbitant prices for shitty food and shittier beer

Give your money to the tenzo, they need it more than the effing stadium, and its a far better product.

BodyNovo
18-10-2012, 08:48 PM
tenzo chicken burger>stadium food

MFKS
18-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Don't forget boys and girls the Gypo Yoof derby in the NYL is on down at Tuggerah at 10:30am Sunday. Could make for a great day out rubbing it in the Coasties faces if The Egg and the boys do the business on Saturday evening

prawnhead
18-10-2012, 09:23 PM
i can recommend the raspberry cruisers

girls drink q

boz-monaut
18-10-2012, 09:40 PM
girliest drink they sell

seldom
18-10-2012, 11:16 PM
girliest drink they sell

besides carlton mid

Jetmaster
19-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Dillon in bed with Hutcho......

Mariners midfielder revved for derby

By ROBERT DILLON

Oct. 18, 2012, 11:08 p.m.

THE player Newcastle Jets fans love to heckle says they can give him as much stick as they want at Hunter Stadium tomorrow evening.

Central Coast skipper John Hutchinson, who has appeared in 20 F3 derbies - more than any other player - is content to play the role of villain and believes the raucous reception he traditionally cops from the Novocastrian faithful brings out the best in him.

"You do enjoy it," he said.

"It's good to see the fans come out and support their team and have a bit of banter with the other team.

"It is nice to see that, but generally most of it you try not to take any notice of, and the parts that you do hear helps to get the team going and hopefully you win the game and have the last laugh.

"But for me, it's good. If it gets people coming out to the A-League to watch games, the more people that boo me, the better."
See your ad here

Asked why Newcastle fans targeted him for special treatment, the feisty midfielder replied: "I think maybe my competitive side.

"Like most sports people, I don't really like to lose. I do get a bit agitated at times but it's a good rivalry.

"It's very healthy for the game. It makes it more interesting."

boz-monaut
19-10-2012, 07:56 AM
I thought it was just because he's a bit of a ****

pistolpete
19-10-2012, 08:00 AM
Newsflash John: In most cases we would give players a hard time because they play hard or are competitive on the field, but are decent blokes off the field. In your case however, everyone attacks you because you are a despicable human being and we have genuine hatred for you both on and off the field. That is probably the nicest way I could say it :P

q-money
19-10-2012, 10:01 AM
girliest drink they sell
actually, it isn't

there was a can of something that looked like a watermelon stoli up the back, i'm going to buy that for boz next time

boz-monaut
19-10-2012, 10:20 AM
can you see if they'll put a little umbrella in it?

though it may be difficult to stagger across the badlands to the stadium with one in, may lose an eye

http://deadhomersociety.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/simpson-tide2.png?w=655

q-money
19-10-2012, 10:43 AM
http://static.lifeislocal.com.au/multimedia/images/full/1603992.jpg

day of shame (y)

au revoir
19-10-2012, 10:50 AM
what a laugh riot

boz-monaut
19-10-2012, 10:51 AM
that twat hasn't been seen at a game since

Blackmac79
19-10-2012, 11:02 AM
So many smiling faces.

Mitchy
19-10-2012, 12:07 PM
SD Pyro :blush:

Have gotten threats of the TRA boyzzz on FB. :popcorn:

boz-monaut
19-10-2012, 12:10 PM
who are the TRA boyz?

Mitchy
19-10-2012, 12:14 PM
I think there's only 3 tbh

furns
19-10-2012, 12:26 PM
I believe the TRC has shown that it takes a minimum of 9 scarves to qualify as a "group"

q-money
19-10-2012, 12:34 PM
lol supporter politics lol

Superdylan
19-10-2012, 06:48 PM
At least this tra group could have made some banners or something gees
Even brockie boys were better.

MFKS
19-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Referee: Ben Williams
Assistant Ref 1: Ryan Gallagher
Assistant Ref 2: Nick Backo
Fourth official: Adam Gehrig

terry
19-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Referee: Ben Williams
Assistant Ref 1: Ryan Gallagher
Assistant Ref 2: Nick Backo
Fourth official: Adam Gehrig

what cars do they drive? we'll need to know

MFKS
19-10-2012, 09:50 PM
We will win despite these ****s influence

MFKS
20-10-2012, 12:00 AM
Game Day ****s

FIRE THE **** UP

Blackmac79
20-10-2012, 07:15 AM
F3.

WolfMan
20-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Here's hoping my cricket match ends early so I don't miss any of the match! Football Gods help me. Cricket Gods also

MFKS
20-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Bit of Match Fixing Wolfman. The ICC Corruption Unit will never find out!!!

WolfMan
20-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Cricket Gods be praised! The other mob have forfeited so won't miss a minute of the Derby Day action :yay:

RedMexican
20-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Cricket Gods be praised! The other mob have forfeited so won't miss a minute of the Derby Day action :yay:

someone is definately looking over you lol

goaliepersempre
20-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Here's hoping my cricket match ends early so I don't miss any of the match! Football Gods help me. Cricket Gods also

im in the same boat.

MFKS
20-10-2012, 11:49 AM
someone is definately looking over you lol

The touch of Lord Griffo!!

northern_swan
20-10-2012, 11:57 AM

Yep. 530 Saturday kickoffs are AIDS.

Chadandkira12
20-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Apparently Andy Roberts is getting dropped into the stadium in a helicopter with the a league trophy and doing a lap with it and stopping in front of the mariner fans

Grimario
20-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Michael Bridges ‏@Bridgy8
Gutted to find out that I won't be playing in today's big F3 derby. Dropped from squad😠 But the lads will win 👍⚽ #goJets #jetsVccm

Bit shit that. Has looked good in his cameos the last 2 games.

Also, this weather. Fooking hell, glad it's a late kick off, must be pushing 40 (at least high 30s) up here in Maitland.

MFKS
20-10-2012, 12:57 PM
With Taggz back and the rest of the youngsters who went to Portugal it is not really surprising that Bridgey had to make way.

RedMexican
20-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Also, this weather. Fooking hell, glad it's a late kick off, must be pushing 40 (at least high 30s) up here in Maitland.

tis a bit hot outside

Jetmaster
20-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Apparently Andy Roberts is getting dropped into the stadium in a helicopter with the a league trophy and doing a lap with it and stopping in front of the mariner fans

Yeah - just read this...

A large crowd is expected for Saturday's fixture and Jets Members and supporters are encouraged to pre-purchase tickets and arrive early to avoid queues.

This season mark five years since the Jets defeated the Mariners in the 2008 Grand Final to win their first A-League Championship.

The Jets will be marking the anniversary prior to kick-off when the Westpac Rescue Helicopter delivers the A-League Championship trophy to the field, accompanied by Newcastle football legends Andy Roberts and Cheryl Salisbury.

Grimario
20-10-2012, 01:05 PM
Yeah - just read this...

That's brilliant. Might have to get down there earlier so I can see that instead of my original plan to come in just after 5.

stopper2
20-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Yep. 530 Saturday kickoffs are AIDS.
I always prefer the evening games but I suppose you don't expect temperatures over 30 degrees in mid October!
At least the Western stand will provide some shade for the players by the 2nd half.

Jetmaster
20-10-2012, 02:59 PM
BOM is saying its 23 degrees in Newy now - is this correct ?

LINGERA
20-10-2012, 03:39 PM
QUESTION: what is the difference between a general admission and a CAT 2 reserved seating. they are both $22 one says you can sit on the hill only and the other in the lower grandstand. some1 explain please

Grimario
20-10-2012, 03:48 PM
QUESTION: what is the difference between a general admission and a CAT 2 reserved seating. they are both $22 one says you can sit on the hill only and the other in the lower grandstand. some1 explain please
One is a guaranteed seat, the other is grass/maybe seated but not assigned. I think...

Muswellbrookian
20-10-2012, 05:29 PM
With Taggz back and the rest of the youngsters who went to Portugal it is not really surprising that Bridgey had to make way.

I actually find it pretty surprising. As much as I've been a bit of a Bridgey detractor in terms of having him play 90 minutes, I'm impressed by the way he can come on and calm the game down for the last ten minutes, often a crucial period with a young squad who are only one goal ahead. You need all the experience you can get on derby day, and I think van Egmond's playing with fire by dropping him today. Just because Brillante did well on Young Socceroos duty doesn't mean they should walk straight back into the squad.

This one could hurt us...but I guess we'll see. Not long now, come on boys!

OmeletteDuFromage
20-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Josh Rose mate, want to look at the ref a few more times while youre on the ground?

Skirt Boy
20-10-2012, 05:38 PM
30 Seconds in.............Loves Rubes!

weston
20-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Woooooo!!!!

Muswellbrookian
20-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Come on Griff.

EDIT: F*ck yes!

weston
20-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Yeeaaahhh!!!

OmeletteDuFromage
20-10-2012, 05:45 PM
HAHAHA this ref

weston
20-10-2012, 05:58 PM
Birighitti alot bette than round 1

Muswellbrookian
20-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Love it! Are we in for a whole season of Heskeytime?

weston
20-10-2012, 06:58 PM
HESKEY!!!!! Great play by Virgilli..... 2-0 and scum are going down :D

weston
20-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Virgilly gets a card for getting taken out??? Heskey yellow for ????

OmeletteDuFromage
20-10-2012, 07:05 PM
nfi what Heskeys yellow was for. Great run by Virgili.

And its the most solid we have looked in defence for awhile.

weston
20-10-2012, 07:07 PM
as you say that....

Muswellbrookian
20-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Bloody hell. Bet we make this one difficult too.

OmeletteDuFromage
20-10-2012, 07:09 PM
as you say that....

Was just thinking that....

steve136
20-10-2012, 07:18 PM
ZAD IS TERRIBLE! Actually can't pass the ball...Virgilli looks good though.

weston
20-10-2012, 07:24 PM
This Anderson fella looks like a gayboy

Muswellbrookian
20-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Fark, six minutes! Feeling the nerves now.

weston
20-10-2012, 07:26 PM
6 minutes???? FFS

Muswellbrookian
20-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Come on boys, come on...

Muswellbrookian
20-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Holy shit, deadset thought they had scored there! Listening is torture.

weston
20-10-2012, 07:32 PM
OH SHIT!!!! My heart stopped.... struggled to start again

steve136
20-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Plain stupid for Zadko not to pass that ball to one of two players who would have only the keeper in front of them. Happy with the win, but his performance frusterated me beyond belief. Dumb and poor are the two words to sum up his game.

OmeletteDuFromage
20-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Plain stupid for Zadko not to pass that ball to one of two players who would have only the keeper in front of them. Happy with the win, but his performance frusterated me beyond belief. Dumb and poor are the two words to sum up his game.

^This

Portillo
20-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Great game. Well done Newcastle.

Skirt Boy
20-10-2012, 07:39 PM
What was the crowd, I missed the announcement

weston
20-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Just seen a stat on foxsports saying that Heskey is the first player to score a goal in consecutive games this year...... ummm did Ryan not beat him to this in the 5th minute.... not that it matters

weston
crowd 15289

Muswellbrookian
Hope the Gypos have a mournful ride back down the F3. Bet Arnie will cut himself a bit.

Shayne
20-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Wish I was there for the game! Reading Foxsports and Twitter text feeds from Zurich!! Yewww!!! Cannot wait to be back for a home game!

magician
20-10-2012, 07:55 PM
we got the win but we were woeful! coast will be fuming with the refereeing decisions! zad was lucky to be on the park at the end of the game! dissallowed goal,penalty to name a few

sh10
20-10-2012, 07:58 PM
how bad was the reffing, jesus. Summed up by Rose not getting a yellow but Chili and Heskey (WTF) getting one each

great effort, some really good signs and some really dumb decisions. a lot of positives to take out of it though - looking better each game imo

snake
20-10-2012, 08:00 PM
pls confirm injury time goal was legit

am so appee

boz-monaut
20-10-2012, 08:03 PM
have never seen 6 additional minutes ever

too much ****ing drama

sh10
20-10-2012, 08:17 PM

am so appee

ref got it right, wouldve been heaps better if the goal was actually legit and not given tho

Muswellbrookian
20-10-2012, 08:18 PM

am so appee

Heard it was a tight but accurate call - just. So happy about that, too. I would probably have cried if that Dutch giant had scored against us again.

Thomas477
20-10-2012, 08:39 PM
ref got it right, wouldve been heaps better if the goal was actually legit and not given tho

Agreed.

Thought Birghitti had a brilliant game bar that last **** up. BK has a lot of work to do.

pv4
20-10-2012, 08:56 PM
ZAD IS TERRIBLE! Actually can't pass the ball...Virgilli looks good though.

troll, or srs? either way, total bs.

to the dude sitting behind me on the southern hill yelling swear words mostly at hutcho all game, and then when ibini came on said "you licorice allsorts c***" - I hope with all my will that you die of choking on your own vomit

seldom
20-10-2012, 09:05 PM
yeah I thought Rubes and Jobe were good in a very compressed midfield. Heskey worked hard all game getting back and helping in defense. One thing that shits me though is our defensive corners where all eleven players are well inside our 18 and we have no out when we win the ball...this happened on countless occassions in the 1st half even when scum had 3 or 4 players sitting back. Nice win...ordinary game imo

belchardo
20-10-2012, 09:05 PM

i'm serious. could have cost us the match in the first tackle.

had a shit touch most of the night, seemed determined to get himself sent, and was caught out quite a bit (including the last pass he didn't make).

not his best game.

MFKS
20-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Don't forget Boys and girls Kickoff for the Yoofs tomorrow morning at 10:30 down at Tuggerah. If you can get down there and really rub tonights result it in on the Coast the morning Arvo. Member is looking forward to this now more than todays game!!!

seldom
20-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Don't forget Boys and girls Kickoff for the Yoofs tomorrow morning at 10:30 down at Tuggerah. If you can get down there and really rub tonights result it in on the Coast the morning Arvo. Member is looking forward to this now more than todays game!!!

too early 4 me...what a stupid kickoff time ffs

seldom
20-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Never been a huge fan of Tiago but this year he looks fitter and thought the last two weeks has played well...ie..aggressive without being stupid

MFKS
20-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Want some laughs check out a Gypo site. ****s are doing their stack at the ref!!!! Forget that Bojic Rose and Hutcho should have been booked on numerous occasions eyy. Forget their team spent half the game whinging at the officials eyy

Suck it up Coastie Scum you deserve it

Grimario
20-10-2012, 09:40 PM

to the dude sitting behind me on the southern hill yelling swear words mostly at hutcho all game, and then when ibini came on said "you licorice allsorts c***" - I hope with all my will that you die of choking on your own vomit

To the person in the western stand somewhere shouting for "that gay pansy" to get up after Rogic was quite visibly in all sorts of trouble, hope you choke on that other guys vomit as well.
To the lady a few rows behind me in the western stand... no, the 25 members of the yellow army are not much louder than the squadron. That's how distance works, you idiot.

Not the greatest game but **** me, what a result.

Thomas477
20-10-2012, 09:51 PM
To the person in the western stand somewhere shouting for "that gay pansy" to get up after Rogic was quite visibly in all sorts of trouble, hope you choke on that other guys vomit as well.
To the lady a few rows behind me in the western stand... no, the 25 members of the yellow army are not much louder than the squadron. That's how distance works, you idiot.

Not the greatest game but **** me, what a result.

Agree with the comments re: Rogic. He clearly hit his head and as much as I hate the Gypos, head injuries are serious and shouldn't be taken lightly. Wasn't helped either by Arnie doing his nut (sorry Buddha) while Rogic was walking off.

Retro Jet
20-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Nice to see a blimp and a Marquee in separate places at the ground today....
Because when we had Jardel, we had them both in one! :blush:

pv4
20-10-2012, 09:55 PM
for us, was super happy with:

- biraz. without a doubt our number 1 keeper. I feel so much less nervous having him in than bk.
- tiago. absolutely immense. had another fake injury moment tonight, was upset no one threw him a drink.
- mitchell. saved our skin so much.
- solid. absolutely effing solid. what a destroyer.
- zadkid. played a derby for what it is. his hoofballs were Gary-instructed.
- heskeytime. what a beast. we've got our target man we should have got 3 seasons ago.

was not too happy with regan, he didn't do too much for me. chilli, for me, had a 10min spell of brilliance with the rest being non-confident giving the ball away.

for them, was super impressed with rogic, zwaansvijk & sainsbury.

Jeterpool
20-10-2012, 09:59 PM
nfi what Heskeys yellow was for. Great run by Virgili.

And its the most solid we have looked in defence for awhile.

Had eyes on the ref, stood next to Rose and then have him this massive shove with a big left don't argue. Then looked bemused why he was carded. Great stuff

namwob99
20-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Anyone else notice Rose the diving **** turn and give it t our bench when he'd thought they'd equalised late only for it to be disallowed?? What a ****wit!!

hawk
20-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Never been a huge fan of Tiago but this year he looks fitter and thought the last two weeks has played well...ie..aggressive without being stupid

Always been a huge fan "que huge fan", well done again tigga. <3

militiamon
20-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Anyone else notice Rose the diving **** turn and give it t our bench when he'd thought they'd equalised late only for it to be disallowed?? What a ****wit!!

Did someone from their bench boot a ball into the air as well when they thought they'd scored? :rof:

belchardo
20-10-2012, 10:03 PM
was not too happy with regan, he didn't do too much for me. chilli, for me, had a 10min spell of brilliance with the rest being non-confident giving the ball away.

yeah, he didn't look good. wonder if it's a match time/confidence thing for him. or did topor just make him look good last year?

Jeterpool
20-10-2012, 10:04 PM

Yeah. Egg on his face. I gave him a massive spray after his challenge on Chilli. Told him he's just going to keep getting skinned and Virgilli is his bitch. That sort of thing. Was quiet too so no way he wouldn't have heard it.

Rise and Bojic for me are just as bad as Hutchinson

belchardo
20-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Did someone from their bench boot a ball into the air as well when they thought they'd scored? :rof:

assistant coach ran at our bench giving it the big ones. premature celebration always leads to embarrassment. (so i've heard)

pv4
20-10-2012, 10:06 PM
yeah, he didn't look good. wonder if it's a match time/confidence thing for him. or did topor just make him look good last year?

I think last year he looked good in comparison to the awfulness that was nts.

he's a solid, scrappy defender. what we require out of our rb is not what regan is up to delivering IMO. brilliante, chapman or kanta should have been given that gig tonight.

militiamon
20-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Peasants :rof:

http://i.imgur.com/QAQAk.jpg

seldom
20-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Bojic trying to go on attacking runs lol

militiamon
20-10-2012, 10:09 PM
we got the win but we were woeful! coast will be fuming with the refereeing decisions! zad was lucky to be on the park at the end of the game! dissallowed goal,penalty to name a few

Srsly who is this guy?

fxxx oxf!!!!

belchardo
20-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Bojic trying to go on attacking runs lol

to be honest, he did seem to make easy progress up our flank way too easily. luckily for us he's a chump who can't cross. (chump being my word for the night apparently)

hawk
20-10-2012, 10:11 PM

Rose was the biggest dog on the night imo.

MFKS
20-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Anyone notice at Kick Off how both teams went past the HAL trophy. You all witnessed history coz that is as close as the Gypos will EVER get to it!!!!

seldom
20-10-2012, 10:13 PM
I think last year he looked good in comparison to the awfulness that was nts.

he's a solid, scrappy defender. what we require out of our rb is not what regan is up to delivering IMO. brilliante, chapman or kanta should have been given that gig tonight.

yeah like to see more of Brilliante

Jeterpool
20-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Rose was the biggest dog on the night imo. Hesky has another biarch

Rose is Virgilli Bitch

seldom
20-10-2012, 10:15 PM
to be honest, he did seem to make easy progress up our flank way too easily. luckily for us he's a chump who can't cross. (chump being my word for the night apparently)

hard to cross when you run it out over the sideline

Jeterpool
20-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Jobe should be replaced on set piece duty.

His delivery today like the last few weeks was poor in general.

Don't know who by, maybe Zad, but something different is needed

belchardo
20-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Jobe should be replaced on set piece duty.

His delivery today like the last few weeks was poor in general.

Don't know who by, maybe Zad, but something different is needed

ken oath. corners from goodwin way more dangerous than corners from jobe. need a better right boot than jobe.

boz-monaut
20-10-2012, 10:33 PM
what was the deal with that bogan who security marched up to the cops in the second half?

pv4
20-10-2012, 10:36 PM
btw the dude involved in the fight around half time was caught just behind TNC around the time of virgilli's foul-push-card. security were on the lookout for him & got him trying to blend in. he was escorted out of the premises by the boys in fluro

Buddha
20-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Agree with the comments re: Rogic. He clearly hit his head and as much as I hate the Gypos, head injuries are serious and shouldn't be taken lightly. Wasn't helped either by Arnie doing his nut (sorry Buddha) while Rogic was walking off.
get em out while you can

MFKS
20-10-2012, 11:26 PM
What about the dumb **** Coastie who turned up in Bay 2 about 20 mins in?? What a dumb ****!!! Thought no one would notice. Only took about 15 seconds. Haven't seen beer fly that fast across Bay 2 since the days of Lord Griff banging them in.

Dumb **** made a hasty exit covered in mid strength beer

furns
21-10-2012, 12:17 AM
what was the deal with that bogan who security marched up to the cops in the second half?bellend TRA nobody who came up and picked a fight with Timmy during halftime?

Retro Jet
21-10-2012, 12:24 AM
What about the dumb **** Coastie who turned up in Bay 2 about 20 mins in?? What a dumb ****!!! Thought no one would notice. Only took about 15 seconds. Haven't seen beer fly that fast across Bay 2 since the days of Lord Griff banging them in.

Dumb **** made a hasty exit covered in mid strength beer

Yeah, I saw that.
I sincerely hope none of our crew are stupid enuf to do something like that though.

Anyone notice at Kick Off how both teams went past the HAL trophy. You all witnessed history coz that is as close as the Gypos will EVER get to it!!!!

Was in Bay 55 after the G4GR Preso and said g'day to Andy Roberts. Anyone know why it (toilet seat) was there? 2 previous GF teams? Derby stimulus?
I couldn't hear jack over the chopper when Andy and Cheryl were talking.

PS Cookers would like to thank R Griff and Heskeytime (as well as Hyundai) for the extra $2K. Some better passing at the end coulda seen more $$'s coming the Cookers Jnrs way
$ Chi Ching $

Grimario
21-10-2012, 12:37 AM
Was in Bay 55 after the G4GR Preso and said g'day to Andy Roberts. Anyone know why it (toilet seat) was there? 2 previous GF teams? Derby stimulus?
I couldn't hear jack over the chopper when Andy and Cheryl were talking.

5 years since we won it, rubbing it in the face of the gypos in the first derby of the season. Poorly thought out, deadset couldn't hear a word anyone was saying with the chopper in the middle of the pitch.

Bremsstrahlung
21-10-2012, 01:21 AM
Will reserve judgment until I see a replay. I will say there were 3 or so opportunities near the end, where some clever football (passing) could have seen us romp it in. Namely, Goodwin and Zad. Just a 2 through balls away from a 4-1 win. Little things like that make games.

au revoir
21-10-2012, 03:24 AM
hi guys. good win i hear, love you all. xo

Jeterpool
21-10-2012, 06:08 AM
Anyone else notice GvE is sitting up in the box these days and not in the sideline?

Any clues as to why? Maybe looking at our shape from higher perspective? No other coach does it (which doesn't make it wrong if course) I'm just wondering why

emma
21-10-2012, 07:35 AM
Really enjoyed the game yesterday. Lots of positives, particularly Birightti, and Virgili's lead up play for Heskey's goal was fantastic. Not sure if anyone one here was wearing one, but I really liked the "Hutcho cries" tshirts that I saw a group of people wearing when I was walking into the stadium :)

Not sure why GVE sits in the stands, but he has done that in previous seasons.

Vandenberg13
21-10-2012, 07:37 AM
i was sick watching the game in hospital,
but did anyone see rose abuse the jets bench whens zvansdike scored?

a good lol when he realises it was offside

hauss
21-10-2012, 07:59 AM
i was sick watching the game in hospital,
but did anyone see rose abuse the jets bench whens zvansdike scored?

a good lol when he realises it was offside

He gave it to the crowd as well and was laughed at when everyone saw that the flag was up. Then when the final whistle blew he did an air guitar performance. Not sure if he is right in the head.

RedMexican
21-10-2012, 08:04 AM
Thought we played well. Chill on fire, heskey getting better with each week. Things are shaping up!

Superdylan
21-10-2012, 08:06 AM
Not a bad day n night

Very worrying signs at games end.

Drunken drain hops yeww :) beat a good 100 or so trying to cross that bridge.

WolfMan
21-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Not sure why GVE sits in the stands, but he has done that in previous seasons.

I assume it gives him a better view of the match, especially the far side of the pitch. Tactical decisions can be easier from that vantage point. Either way, 2 wins from the 2 matches he has been perched high above. No complaints here LOL

Not a bad day n night

Very worrying signs at games end.

Worrying signs? How so?

stopper2
21-10-2012, 09:35 AM
That 2nd half was probably one of the most enjoyable 45 minutes at a home game for a few seasons....had everything! Seriously, if you walked away from that and said you didn't get your moneys worth then you are never going to be pleased.
At times I haven't been a big fan of Tiago but he really does read the game well and puts his body on the line...one of our best last night. Virgilli finally realised his potential and showed that this region can produce exciting, attacking players. You gotta love the Big Heskey the way he puts himself about and just keeps scoring....he is a real handful for defenders with his size and strength.
Zadkid set the tone for the match with that tackle on Rose....maybe he was lucky to get away with it but it was a real derby from then on.

What does concern me is that for the first half hour we were completely dominated. To be honest the Mariners kept the ball well and outplayed us. We really don't have anyone in these periods where someone in the middle can just hold the ball and settle things down. Zadkid is our work-horse and gives our team energy and intensity in the middle while Virgilli and Goodwin provide an outlet out wide. That leaves Jobe....exactly what is his role? I would rather bring in a creative type like Bernardo who can hold the ball and be a bit more creative....someone who can complement the directness of Zadkid.

plague
21-10-2012, 10:04 AM
Tiago.
Rubes.
Heskey.
Beer.
I love Newy.

selassie
21-10-2012, 10:15 AM
how fired up was ryu after he scored the pen. loves it. even charged down the free kick in the first half. sick.

pistolpete
21-10-2012, 10:19 AM
how fired up was ryu after he scored the pen. loves it. even charged down the free kick in the first half. sick.

He is a deadset champion. How that sooky little bitch in Sky Blue is related to him and the great one i will never know. Must have been a mixup at the hospital

Bon
21-10-2012, 10:19 AM
I only got to see the first 30 minutes (had a mates wedding on, could only get that time to see it while at the Del waiting for the reception to start)..
From that first 30 mins, it looked like we were getting dominated..
Had several people texting me updates constantly, looking forward to watching Omellette-Vision to see the entire game, second half sounds like it was brilliant to watch..

pistolpete
21-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Yeah to be perfectly honest we were outplayed for most of the match. But having said that, noone remembers who ouplayed who, only that we scored more goals than them. Happy to enjoy us being tied first for 24 hours. Plus how good is it to have decent wingers and a marquee that can score! We've only been waiting 8 years

RedMexican
21-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Yeah to be perfectly honest we were outplayed for most of the match. But having said that, noone remembers who ouplayed who, only that we scored more goals than them. Happy to enjoy us being tied first for 24 hours. Plus how good is it to have decent wingers and a marquee that can score! We've only been waiting 8 years

So true!. Be good if we could keep the big man around for a while. Maybe if tinks makes back that 730mil he lost we should be able fo

21-10-2012, 10:41 AM
That 2nd half was probably one of the most enjoyable 45 minutes at a home game for a few seasons....had everything! Seriously, if you walked away from that and said you didn't get your moneys worth then you are never going to be pleased.
At times I haven't been a big fan of Tiago but he really does read the game well and puts his body on the line...one of our best last night. Virgilli finally realised his potential and showed that this region can produce exciting, attacking players. You gotta love the Big Heskey the way he puts himself about and just keeps scoring....he is a real handful for defenders with his size and strength.
Zadkid set the tone for the match with that tackle on Rose....maybe he was lucky to get away with it but it was a real derby from then on.

What does concern me is that for the first half hour we were completely dominated. To be honest the Mariners kept the ball well and outplayed us. We really don't have anyone in these periods where someone in the middle can just hold the ball and settle things down. Zadkid is our work-horse and gives our team energy and intensity in the middle while Virgilli and Goodwin provide an outlet out wide. That leaves Jobe....exactly what is his role? I would rather bring in a creative type like Bernardo who can hold the ball and be a bit more creative....someone who can complement the directness of Zadkid.

Funny you ask about Bernardo, listening to the radio in the car home and some asked the question why he is not getting more of an opportunity being a visa player.

moses
21-10-2012, 11:13 AM
I haven't seen our front end look this good for years, there are options everywhere. defo a change from last year when a long ball up the ground was all you could hope for.

So glad the penalty was soft,must have pissed of the coast no end.

stopper2
21-10-2012, 11:22 AM
So true!. Be good if we could keep the big man around for a while. Maybe if tinks makes back that 730mil he lost we should be able fo
Barry Toohey mentions in todays Telegraph that Jets management pretty much already want him for next year. It's just a matter of what Emile wants to do. Talks are planned for January.....so stay tuned. I would say if Emile's missus and kids are happy here then it he will be in Jets colours for at least another season!!!

stopper2
21-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Funny you ask about Bernardo, listening to the radio in the car home and some asked the question why he is not getting more of an opportunity being a visa player.
I'm not too concerned at this stage as it's still only 3 games in but if we don't see Bernardo at least on the bench in the next few games then I think you would have to assume that he isn't part of GVE's plans.....and that would be a real shame as I think he has a lot to offer this team.

RedMexican
21-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Barry Toohey mentions in todays Telegraph that Jets management pretty much already want him for next year. It's just a matter of what Emile wants to do. Talks are planned for January.....so stay tuned. I would say if Emile's missus and kids are happy here then it he will be in Jets colours for at least another season!!!

Stopper, this news if true is almost as good as the win last night

pistolpete
21-10-2012, 11:36 AM
I'm not too concerned at this stage as it's still only 3 games in but if we don't see Bernardo at least on the bench in the next few games then I think you would have to assume that he isn't part of GVE's plans.....and that would be a real shame as I think he has a lot to offer this team.

I'm not sure he does. I have not been convinced in what i have seen so far, admittedly he hasn't been given much time. I hope he proves me wrong but i reckon he is another in a long list of rubbish foreign players we have signed

q-money
21-10-2012, 12:22 PM
chili fmd, what a run for the second

also just saw the disallowed goal at the end, roffffffffffffffff, such a sweet way to end the game, eat a massive dick gypos, this is payback for parisi's disallowed one at the death in that semi final all those years ago

terry
21-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Zads putting himself about. superb.

Bout time we had some calls from the ref. So often on the wrong side of the 50/50s eg that 1st game

Mitchy
21-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Eat shit gypos

Thomas477
21-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Zads putting himself about. superb.

Bout time we had some calls from the ref. So often on the wrong side of the 50/50s eg that 1st game

Agreed, after the incompetent fool we had in rd 1, it was nice to get a few decisions our way.

parksey
21-10-2012, 01:26 PM
so was the last goal onside?

pistolpete
21-10-2012, 01:29 PM
His foot was off, very close call but correct

Hamma12
21-10-2012, 01:30 PM
so was the last goal onside?

Sure was... 1.35 minute mark
Eat shit u gypos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt3vA4wkRI4

parksey
21-10-2012, 01:32 PM
:rof:

parksey
21-10-2012, 01:35 PM
https://vimeo.com/51804757

hawk
21-10-2012, 02:03 PM
McBreen is a disgrace to humanity.

true waterboy
21-10-2012, 02:26 PM
why is virgilli getting such a rap from this game. he made two good runs all game. what else did he actually do?
most of the time i watch him he doesnt take people on instead he runs away from the defender to the corner, gets tackled and hopes it goes out for a corner. Taggs needs to replace him.

militiamon
21-10-2012, 02:45 PM
why is virgilli getting such a rap from this game. he made two good runs all game. what else did he actually do?
most of the time i watch him he doesnt take people on instead he runs away from the defender to the corner, gets tackled and hopes it goes out for a corner. Taggs needs to replace him.

Umm, he set up the winning goal by beating 3 players inside the box. Couldn't give a **** about what he did apart from that, it won us the game.

hawk
21-10-2012, 02:46 PM
mutant rose telling jets bench he's glad they lost and he is a stubbie short of a 6 pack :lulzturtle:

BodyNovo
21-10-2012, 02:57 PM
chilli gets the wrap because;

- he runs all day &
- he is newy born

pretty simple stuff really.

what a night though, it is about time we win 2 games in a row against our two biggest rivals.

it was a proper derby---real scummy

biraz impressed me, probably his first real commanding performance for us.

tiago is just coming on leaps and bounds, can't underestimate how important and good his win at all costs attitude is (i reckon having josh mitchell is probably helping him this year as well)

i was actually impressed with regan, if you didn't notice the second he was replaced for brilliante the gypos scored from his side.

heskey was quiet but did exactly what he needed to do which was score, which we haven't had from a number 9 since griff.

funny times going on at the jerks

we are winning, the club apparently is in a safe financial state, and we have a goal scoring marquee. the sky seems as high as it ever has been post 08

also well done bay 2 last night, big effort.

Mitchy
21-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Either we sounded really good in Bay 2 yesterday or Fox Sports had there Mic's turned up

stopper2
21-10-2012, 03:40 PM
Either we sounded really good in Bay 2 yesterday or Fox Sports had there Mic's turned up
Squadron was awesome last night....never stopped.
I was behind Southern goals and had to laugh when you guys were chanting "Hutcho's a wanker" because a group of youngsters behind me must've mistook it for "C'mon Newcastle" and started chanting that.....loved it, fantastic evening of entertainment both on and off the field!

stopper2
21-10-2012, 03:48 PM
His foot was off, very close call but correct
That's what peeved me off with Bozza last night when the Fox team were doing a summary of both games and on that incident he said "If there is any doubt, the linesman should give the decision to the attacking side". WTF!!! Yes it was close but offside is offside whether you are 2 metres off or in this case by a body limb. I used to have a lot of time for Bozza but his bias for Sydney and the soft spot (remember he played there for a short period) for the Mariners has made me start to dislike him. Maybe his period of cocaine abuse really did damage a few brain cells!!!

Grimario
21-10-2012, 04:10 PM
i was actually impressed with regan, if you didn't notice the second he was replaced for brilliante the gypos scored from his side.
Clearly Brilliante's fault for not stopping the Stoke-esque long throw into the box
:gent:

BodyNovo
21-10-2012, 04:11 PM
100%:grin:

snake
21-10-2012, 05:23 PM
chilli. legend.

WolfMan
21-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Just ensuring Josh Rose knows the score...

Portillo
21-10-2012, 09:37 PM
mutant rose telling jets bench he's glad they lost and he is a stubbie short of a 6 pack :lulzturtle:

What minute of the game was that?

sh10
21-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Anyone else notice GvE is sitting up in the box these days and not in the sideline?

Any clues as to why? Maybe looking at our shape from higher perspective? No other coach does it (which doesn't make it wrong if course) I'm just wondering why

deans smells

Jeterpool
21-10-2012, 09:41 PM
deans smells

The obvious answer is usually the correct one.

RedMexican
21-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Just ensuring Josh Rose knows the score...

Well in

parksey
21-10-2012, 09:58 PM

after zwaanswijk's goal was disallowed.

hawk
21-10-2012, 11:36 PM
97th

Retro Jet
22-10-2012, 12:15 AM
just ensuring josh rose knows the score...

who r ya?
ROTF. Hook, line and sinker. :yay:

Vandenberg13
22-10-2012, 06:51 AM
did you guys sing "heskeys bitch" when he scored?

Newieutd
22-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Had eyes on the ref, stood next to Rose and then have him this massive shove with a big left don't argue. Then looked bemused why he was carded. Great stuff

Actually thought it was Wheelhouse that did the shove and Heskey got the card ...lolz all round there

Bon
22-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Still haven't watched the game yet.. Boss is away from work today so I can get the game in before lunch..
But just watched the post-game press conference's with both Arnie and GVE.. Arnie was such a whiney little b!tch.. Banging on about how The Scum were the only team trying to play football..

pv4
22-10-2012, 09:32 AM
while I thought the coast had great moments, particularly through sainsbury & rogic, to me they weren't playing great football and us terrible football as I keep hearing. all I'm hearing is we played long ball & the coast played football. but I look at the coast kicking off, they pass it back and hook it across and long. their goal was from a long throw. their offside goal was from a long kick. our goals were from playing football. yes we kicked it out of the back long, particularly zad, but this was when we were clearing a corner or under pressure, and apart of the "get it out of here as we're under pressure" game gve deployed - it was also when we had the fore mentioned 10 men defending a corner. so to me, it wasn't a football vs hoofball game. I will also say that most derbies in the world get fiery & the intensity takes over the pure football play, as I thought Saturday did.

Grimario
22-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Deadset, if our long balls are graceful long balls by RubeZ to space for Goodwin, I am more than happy for us to play long ball. Sitting in the Western Grandstand and watching RubeZ ping them directly towards me (well short, obviously) and Goodwin's first touch was lovely. That chest down to take it inside Bojic was bloody lovely, would have loved a goal off that.

But of course, no one pays attention to those beautiful balls when you lose and can write off the oppositions gameplan as "lump the ball to Heskey, kick lumps out of the team playing football".

q-money
22-10-2012, 10:19 AM
some serious delusion going on there if they reckon they were playing the better football, long throws, looping hoofs for your centre back to score a disallowed goal at the death, fmd. and for them to carry on about poor tackles, gee whiz, these blokes are the kings of the chop...bojic, hutcho et.al

grade A grubs to a tee, rubes just got in first

belchardo
22-10-2012, 11:27 AM
watching RubeZ ping them directly towards me (well short, obviously)

that could be the first time that somebody has ever claimed rubez is underhitting balls. :D

The Dunster
22-10-2012, 01:09 PM
The gypos rarely looked threatening in attack. The Jets on the otherhand could have scored several times. Both Zads and Goodwin had several opportunities in attack which should have been converted- and Ryu probably should have done better with the shot from Heskey's throw in.

The gypos had their one crappy goal, a shot that was tipped over the bar in the 1st half, and the offside attempt at the death of the game.

Other than that the Gypos never looked dangerous. Whenever we went on the attack we looked the goods.

We deserved the win.

russjaybee
22-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Just re-watched the game (Omelette is the man).

The Bads
- Ball retention, or serious lack of it. The amount of time we needlessly gave the ball away was striking, we really could not keep possession for extended periods of time. Strange considering this was part of GvE's mantra was it not?
- Zads decision making. Though I thought this was one of his better games he is still careless with possession and not what I would call composed. He is a very very lucky boy and what he did nearing the end of the game to lose possession was absolutely horrendous. Reminded me a lot of Juanfran for Spain losing possession to allow France to score. Also he was lucky not to be sent.

The Goods
- Heskeytime and ryu.
- Birraz was fairly solid, particularly when he had shots come in to a crowded box, held on to them well when any spillage would have probably cost a goal. Looked pretty composed, good to see him come out for a superman double fist (bl rogic).
- Virgili, best I've seen him play probably. Actually looked to run @ defenders and take them on, though tried too many 'megs and lost the ball a few times. Tracked back well. For the goal, when he received the ball there was absolutely nothing on, great to see a player create something out of nothing.
- General defensive work. Great to see us really competing for the ball and not getting ripped to shreds at the back.

Rose is a dead set grub, rolling around at the start looking at the ref, trying to give the bench heaps when his shit team lost, idiot.

Bring on Friday.

hawk
22-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Just re-watched the game (Omelette is the man).

The Bads
- Ball retention, or serious lack of it. The amount of time we needlessly gave the ball away was striking, we really could not keep possession for extended periods of time. Strange considering this was part of GvE's mantra was it not?

How many games have we owned possession and drew/lost. Was similiar to a cup match where pretty football goes out the window.
Not having an out from corners is a concern which forced the hoof to be applied.

Jetmaster
22-10-2012, 04:38 PM
The big plus is that this game has raised the passions on both sides again after a couple of quiet seasons !

smoo
22-10-2012, 05:07 PM
off topic, but did anyone else notice the kid on the southern hill in the original, authentic kb united jersey. have not seen one of those in many years. was nearly gonna offer him some coin for it.

pv4
22-10-2012, 05:09 PM
didn't see the kb jersey, but i've seen a jersey mob i was looking into as a supplier make replica ones. basically their material, with the exact design.

snake
22-10-2012, 05:30 PM
did anyone notice the times that birraghiti dropped crosses?

if his name was bk, you would have read about it by now

snake
22-10-2012, 05:30 PM
bk till i die

q-money
22-10-2012, 05:41 PM
bk bk bk

twenty2one
22-10-2012, 06:29 PM

Not a truer word spoken Snake and for alot of the game Birras had the whole team in front of him. Yes he had a couple of good saves but what about the last goal CCM got, where the hell was he going, lucky for him it was offside. A goalkeeper is only as good as the defense he has playing in front of him, and if he is as good as he thinks he is, why hasnt a overseas club picked him up:redcard:

Muswellbrookian
22-10-2012, 06:41 PM
The myth that the Gypos are now a good football team is something they've deliberately built up around themselves these past few seasons. While I think it's fair to say that they do approach the game with less of a hoofball mentality than they displayed under McKinna, it's also true that the current image they try to project through post-match comments, pre-game press conferences, general interviews and so on has basically been imposed on them as a form of propaganda by that surly wanker who coaches them. Seriously, has Arnie ever listened to his own post-match comments? I can't even count the amount of times I've heard him moan about the game being "far too open for my liking" and then go on to rant about how he prefers his team to stick to a tighter and more miserly defensive structure. Let's be honest: unless you're a top EPL side (excluding Arsenal) or Barcelona, it's very difficult to combine flowing attack with non-porous defence on a consistent basis. Very few A-League teams manage to do it (Brisbane, for mine, have been the only real exception), and the idea that the Mariners exemplify that sort of football is laughable. Arnold, self-righteous and self-victimised clown that he is, pays pious lip-service to the hallowed concept of "good football" (and instructs his players to do the same) so that he can mask his negative, defence-based philosophy and distract people from the fact that the Mariners haven't achieved anything like Roar did under Postecoglou.

(NOTE: I don't by any means think the Jets have lived up to the similar myth that has attached itself to us under van Egmond. Just saying that the Gypos are full of shit.)

belchardo
22-10-2012, 06:51 PM
The myth that the Gypos are now a good football team is something they've deliberately built up around themselves these past few seasons. While I think it's fair to say that they do approach the game with less of a hoofball mentality than they displayed under McKinna, it's also true that the current image they try to project through post-match comments, pre-game press conferences, general interviews and so on has basically been imposed on them as a form of propaganda by that surly wanker who coaches them. Seriously, has Arnie ever listened to his own post-match comments? I can't even count the amount of times I've heard him moan about the game being "far too open for my liking" and then go on to rant about how he prefers his team to stick to a tighter and more miserly defensive structure. Let's be honest: unless you're a top EPL side (excluding Arsenal) or Barcelona, it's very difficult to combine flowing attack with non-porous defence on a consistent basis. Very few A-League teams manage to do it (Brisbane, for mine, have been the only real exception), and the idea that the Mariners exemplify that sort of football is laughable. Arnold, self-righteous and self-victimised clown that he is, pays pious lip-service to the hallowed concept of "good football" (and instructs his players to do the same) so that he can mask his negative, defence-based philosophy and hoodwink people into thinking that the Mariners haven't achieved anything like Roar did under Postecoglou.

(NOTE: I don't by any means think the Jets have lived up to the similar myth that has attached itself to us under van Egmond. Just saying that the Gypos are full of shit.)

well said.

Seriously, has Arnie ever listened to his own post-match comments?

pretty sure he does. keeps a stack of tissues handy to clean up the spunk when he's done.

lquiquer
22-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Wander if Arnie suffers of memory loss? Remember Patricio Perez against FC a couple of years ago....DIVE, penalty and Red Card for Reddy!!!.....Don't recall him questioning "average" ref then!!!!

q-money
22-10-2012, 08:01 PM
lol tell us what you really think mb

Thomas477
22-10-2012, 08:11 PM

I only remember once when he was under pressure, but he recover quickly.

Muswellbrookian
22-10-2012, 08:12 PM
lol tell us what you really think mb

No point beating about the bush. Arnie shits me no end.

furns
22-10-2012, 08:17 PM
No point beating about the bush. Arnie shits me no end.

triangles etc

stopper2
22-10-2012, 08:32 PM
The myth that the Gypos are now a good football team is something they've deliberately built up around themselves these past few seasons. While I think it's fair to say that they do approach the game with less of a hoofball mentality than they displayed under McKinna, it's also true that the current image they try to project through post-match comments, pre-game press conferences, general interviews and so on has basically been imposed on them as a form of propaganda by that surly wanker who coaches them. Seriously, has Arnie ever listened to his own post-match comments? I can't even count the amount of times I've heard him moan about the game being "far too open for my liking" and then go on to rant about how he prefers his team to stick to a tighter and more miserly defensive structure. Let's be honest: unless you're a top EPL side (excluding Arsenal) or Barcelona, it's very difficult to combine flowing attack with non-porous defence on a consistent basis. Very few A-League teams manage to do it (Brisbane, for mine, have been the only real exception), and the idea that the Mariners exemplify that sort of football is laughable. Arnold, self-righteous and self-victimised clown that he is, pays pious lip-service to the hallowed concept of "good football" (and instructs his players to do the same) so that he can mask his negative, defence-based philosophy and distract people from the fact that the Mariners haven't achieved anything like Roar did under Postecoglou.

Totally agree.
In recent seasons when choosing which matches to watch on Fox (apart from the Jets of course), I usually look out for Roar and Victory as they for me generally provide the best entertainment from a neutral perspective. Matches involving the Mariners and Phoenix are generally the least entertaining and ones which i don't exactly look out for.

sh10
22-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Rose is a dead set grub, rolling around at the start looking at the ref, trying to give the bench heaps when his shit team lost, idiot.

couldn't agree more, the bloke is nearly as bad as hutcho (no exaggeration)

MFKS
22-10-2012, 10:24 PM

What a tool he is!!

Your team scores a supposed last minute equaliser you should go celebrate with in this order

1 your teammates
2 your fans
3 your coaching staff/bench
4 the opposition fans
5 the opposing players
6 the opposing teams bench

Look at how far done the order this Grub has stooped. FFS would have more respect if he of ran across the pitch to Bay 2 with fingers up and started pissing on a Newy Shirt.

**** has no class and NFI

Muswellbrookian
22-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Matches involving the Mariners and Phoenix are generally the least entertaining and ones which i don't exactly look out for.

Same. I would happily call Phoenix one of the most effective and well-drilled teams in the league, but f*ck me they've been involved in some real eye-sore games. They have the uncanny ability to make teams who usually play good football adopt their own brawn-over-brains approach. Probably explains why we struggle with them, even at home. (Again, not suggesting that we play top-quality football all the time, but whenever we play against Wellington we become abysmal.)