PDA

View Full Version : Australia Cup 2024

Taffy
07-02-2024, 10:55 AM
Draw for the Australia Cup has been done.

Details below, some good match ups, Kurri, Nelson Bay and Lambton Jaffas getting the Round 2 Bye

Southern Zone Round 2 Cardiff City FC v Charlestown Junior FC To be played Weekend of 17/03
Southern Zone Round 2 Croudace Bay United v Kotara South FC To be played Weekend of 17/03
Southern Zone Round 2 Minmi FC v Mayfield United Senior FC To be played Weekend of 17/03
Southern Zone Round 2 Garden Suburb FC v Warners Bay Soccer Club To be played Weekend of 17/03
Southern Zone Round 2 Dudley Redhead United Seniors FC v Bellbird Junior FC To be played Weekend of 17/03
Southern Zone Round 2 North United Wolves FC v South Maitland FC To be played Weekend of 17/03
Southern Zone Round 2 Hamilton Azzurri FC v Medowie FC To be played Weekend of 17/03
Southern Zone Round 2 Bolwarra Lorn Junior Soccer Club v Mayfield United Junior FC To be played Weekend of 17/03
Southern Zone Round 2 Newcastle Suns FC v Barnsley United FC To be played Weekend of 17/03
Southern Zone Round 2 Greta Branxton FC v Stockton Sharks FC To be played Weekend of 17/03
Southern Zone Round 2 University of Newcastle FC v Newcastle Croatia FC To be played Weekend of 17/03
Southern Zone Round 2 Westlakes Wildcats FC v Merewether Advance SFC To be played Weekend of 17/03

Southern Zone Round 3 Winner of Croudace Bay Utd v Kotara South FC v Singleton Strikers FC To be played midweek of 26/3-28/3
Southern Zone Round 3 Thornton Redbacks FC v Cessnock City Hornets FC To be played midweek of 26/3-28/3
Southern Zone Round 3 Winner of Westlakes Wildcats FC v Merewether Advance FC v Winner of Minmi FC v Mayfield Utd Senior FC To be played midweek of 26/3-28/3
Southern Zone Round 3 Winner of Greta Branxton FC v Stockton Sharks FC v Belmont Swansea United FC To be played midweek of 26/3-28/3
Southern Zone Round 3 Lambton Jaffas Junior FC v Winner of Newcastle Suns FC v Barnsley United FC To be played midweek of 26/3-28/3
Southern Zone Round 3 Nelson Bay FC v Winner of Cardiff City FC v Charlestown Junior FC To be played midweek of 26/3-28/3
Southern Zone Round 3 Toronto Awaba Stags FC v Winner of Hamilton Azzurri FC v Mewdowie FC To be played midweek of 26/3-28/3
Southern Zone Round 3 Winner of Bolwarra Lorn v Mayfield Utd Junior FC v West Wallsend SFC To be played midweek of 26/3-28/3
Southern Zone Round 3 Kurri Kurri FC v Winner of Garden Suburb FC v Warners Bay SC To be played midweek of 26/3-28/3
Southern Zone Round 3 Kahibah FC v South Cardiff FC To be played midweek of 26/3-28/3
Southern Zone Round 3 Wallsend FC v Winner of Uni of Newcaslte FC v Newcastle Croatia FC To be played midweek of 26/3-28/3
Southern Zone Round 3 Winner of Dudley Redhead Utd Seniors FC v Bellbird Junior FC v Winner of North United Wolves FC v South Maitland FC To be played midweek of 26/3-28/3

straightred88
07-02-2024, 08:38 PM
Draw for the Australia Cup has been done.

Details below, some good match ups, Kurri, Nelson Bay and Lambton Jaffas getting the Round 2 Bye

Southern Zone Round 2 Cardiff City FC v Charlestown Junior FC To be played Weekend of 17/03
Southern Zone Round 2 Croudace Bay United v Kotara South FC To be played Weekend of 17/03
Southern Zone Round 2 Minmi FC v Mayfield United Senior FC To be played Weekend of 17/03
Southern Zone Round 2 Garden Suburb FC v Warners Bay Soccer Club To be played Weekend of 17/03
Southern Zone Round 2 Dudley Redhead United Seniors FC v Bellbird Junior FC To be played Weekend of 17/03
Southern Zone Round 2 North United Wolves FC v South Maitland FC To be played Weekend of 17/03
Southern Zone Round 2 Hamilton Azzurri FC v Medowie FC To be played Weekend of 17/03
Southern Zone Round 2 Bolwarra Lorn Junior Soccer Club v Mayfield United Junior FC To be played Weekend of 17/03
Southern Zone Round 2 Newcastle Suns FC v Barnsley United FC To be played Weekend of 17/03
Southern Zone Round 2 Greta Branxton FC v Stockton Sharks FC To be played Weekend of 17/03
Southern Zone Round 2 University of Newcastle FC v Newcastle Croatia FC To be played Weekend of 17/03
Southern Zone Round 2 Westlakes Wildcats FC v Merewether Advance SFC To be played Weekend of 17/03

Southern Zone Round 3 Winner of Croudace Bay Utd v Kotara South FC v Singleton Strikers FC To be played midweek of 26/3-28/3
Southern Zone Round 3 Thornton Redbacks FC v Cessnock City Hornets FC To be played midweek of 26/3-28/3
Southern Zone Round 3 Winner of Westlakes Wildcats FC v Merewether Advance FC v Winner of Minmi FC v Mayfield Utd Senior FC To be played midweek of 26/3-28/3
Southern Zone Round 3 Winner of Greta Branxton FC v Stockton Sharks FC v Belmont Swansea United FC To be played midweek of 26/3-28/3
Southern Zone Round 3 Lambton Jaffas Junior FC v Winner of Newcastle Suns FC v Barnsley United FC To be played midweek of 26/3-28/3
Southern Zone Round 3 Nelson Bay FC v Winner of Cardiff City FC v Charlestown Junior FC To be played midweek of 26/3-28/3
Southern Zone Round 3 Toronto Awaba Stags FC v Winner of Hamilton Azzurri FC v Mewdowie FC To be played midweek of 26/3-28/3
Southern Zone Round 3 Winner of Bolwarra Lorn v Mayfield Utd Junior FC v West Wallsend SFC To be played midweek of 26/3-28/3
Southern Zone Round 3 Kurri Kurri FC v Winner of Garden Suburb FC v Warners Bay SC To be played midweek of 26/3-28/3
Southern Zone Round 3 Kahibah FC v South Cardiff FC To be played midweek of 26/3-28/3
Southern Zone Round 3 Wallsend FC v Winner of Uni of Newcaslte FC v Newcastle Croatia FC To be played midweek of 26/3-28/3
Southern Zone Round 3 Winner of Dudley Redhead Utd Seniors FC v Bellbird Junior FC v Winner of North United Wolves FC v South Maitland FC To be played midweek of 26/3-28/3

Some good match ups there. I expect the usuals to go through.

straightred88
25-02-2024, 08:16 PM
North?s 2-1 South Maitland

Heard some dramas at the game with a brawl ?

onlooker
25-02-2024, 08:39 PM
North?s 2-1 South Maitland

Heard some dramas at the game with a brawl ?

Was told Norths player layed the boot in 3 times to a South Maitland player who was on the deck. Which sparked the melee.

straightred88
25-02-2024, 09:00 PM
was told norths player layed the boot in 3 times to a south maitland player who was on the deck. Which sparked the melee.

wow

riverboy
25-02-2024, 09:35 PM
Was told Norths player layed the boot in 3 times to a South Maitland player who was on the deck. Which sparked the melee.

There is a fair bit of speculation involved as it hasn't been directly reported. If true federation/ association need to act swiftly and show some real leadership. We have been told how serious they are going to be on referee abuse, Let's see how serious they are going to be on actually assault.

Again speculation and I know absolutely nothing about Norths United but the clubs reputation to an outsider like myself is terrible. All I ever hear is about the complete lack of discipline involved in the club. Norths need to show some leadership and pull these grubs into line or get rid of them. No place in the game..

straightred88
25-02-2024, 09:45 PM
There is a fair bit of speculation involved as it hasn't been directly reported. If true federation/ association need to act swiftly and show some real leadership. We have been told how serious they are going to be on referee abuse, Let's see how serious they are going to be on actually assault.

Again speculation and I know absolutely nothing about Norths United but the clubs reputation to an outsider like myself is terrible. All I ever hear is about the complete lack of discipline involved in the club. Norths need to show some leadership and pull these grubs into line or get rid of them. No place in the game..

Few comments on FB on South Maitlands page

Killa
29-02-2024, 09:54 AM
Majority of them are the old Bero boys who played at Tarro Park. They've been grubs for years and have never changed their ways.

straightred88
29-02-2024, 02:23 PM
Majority of them are the old Bero boys who played at Tarro Park. They've been grubs for years and have never changed their ways.

Correct

Lofty
09-03-2024, 09:07 PM
Suns 5-1 Barnsley

magician
15-03-2024, 07:46 AM
Dudley 11 bellbird 1

The Hacker
15-03-2024, 08:52 AM
Dudley 11 bellbird 1

I heard 12

straightred88
16-03-2024, 07:30 PM
Cardiff 5-1 Charlestown
Croatia 5-2 Uni
Warners Bay 3-2 Garden Suburbs

Jardelsimage
18-03-2024, 09:05 AM
Any other results folks?

NUGUNS
18-03-2024, 09:54 AM
Any other results folks?

Mayfield 5 - 0 Minmi

Halligooner
18-03-2024, 09:56 AM
H. Azzurri 2-0 Medowie

evolution
18-03-2024, 10:58 AM
Croudace Bay 2 - 3 Kotara South
Westlakes 3 - 5 Merewether Advance
Greta Branxton 1 - 5 Stockton
Bolwarra 6 - 1 Mayfield Jnr

evolution
18-03-2024, 11:03 AM
Next round of games:

Kotara South vs Singleton
Thornton vs Cessnock City
Merewether Advance vs Mayfield Snr
Stockton vs Belswans
Lambton Jaffas Jnr vs Newcastle Suns
Nelson Bay vs Cardiff City
Toronto Awaba vs Hamilton Azzurri
Bolwarra Lorn vs West Wallsend
Kurri Kurri vs Warners Bay
Kahibah vs South Cardiff
Wallsend vs Newcastle Croatia
Dudley vs North United

GO AWAY
18-03-2024, 12:19 PM
Not sure how Toronto and West Wallsend games are going to be played. They play each other on the Thursday night March 29 and the Sunday prior. Short window in the middle

anfield
18-03-2024, 12:21 PM
Why don't they give the first round bye's to the 3 top ranked ZPL teams from last year.
That would have meant Suns, Dudley and Warners Bay received byes.

This year 3 Zone League 3 teams got byes

straightred88
18-03-2024, 12:53 PM
Not sure how Toronto and West Wallsend games are going to be played. They play each other on the Thursday night March 29 and the Sunday prior. Short window in the middle

Yep some teams will have 4 games in 10 days or less

straightred88
20-03-2024, 12:16 AM
Thought the community clubs always hosted the higher opposition in the cup ? Or is northern just looking after their own clubs again

Jardelsimage
20-03-2024, 06:25 AM
Thought the community clubs always hosted the higher opposition in the cup ? Or is northern just looking after their own clubs again

1st out gets the home game and if you have the bye as Nelson Bay did, they get the home fixture.

Lofty
27-03-2024, 09:48 PM
Suns 9-1 Jaffas juniors

riverboy
27-03-2024, 10:01 PM
Suns 9-1 Jaffas juniors

Suns and dudley sure are going to be hard to stop in zpl this year. Suns have been very impressive so far.

ForeverRed
27-03-2024, 10:46 PM
Gunners on penalties over Kahibah after finishing 2 all

Zonal Marking
28-03-2024, 10:32 AM
Suns and dudley sure are going to be hard to stop in zpl this year. Suns have been very impressive so far.

So just like last year and the year before that.

riverboy
28-03-2024, 01:18 PM
So just like last year and the year before that.

The gap appears to be getting wider.

Zonal Marking
28-03-2024, 08:40 PM
The gap appears to be getting wider.

For the Suns maybe. Dudley failed to get to last years GF and by all accounts last weekend struggled past the team who should have been relegated last season.

The Hacker
28-03-2024, 10:13 PM
For the Suns maybe. Dudley failed to get to last years GF and by all accounts last weekend struggled past the team who should have been relegated last season.

They trotted out reserve grade tonight. Do they just have a heap of injuries or don?t care about the cup.
They still got up but was interesting line up

Jardelsimage
28-03-2024, 11:12 PM
Cardiff v Nelson Bay
5-2

straightred88
29-03-2024, 12:01 AM
Dudley 2-0 Norths
Kotara 2-1 Singleton

ForeverRed
29-03-2024, 12:36 PM
There was 1 player in first grade for Cardiff from last season so your little story doesn?t stack up, get the facts before blurting your rubbish

riverboy
29-03-2024, 01:42 PM
There was 1 player in first grade for Cardiff from last season so your little story doesn?t stack up, get the facts before blurting your rubbish

It was obviously a sledge at cardiff still being in zl1 more so then Dudley's win over them last weekend.
Cardiff obviously have a new team this year. Splashing some cash around can do that.

ForeverRed
29-03-2024, 02:08 PM
It was obviously a sledge at cardiff still being in zl1 more so then Dudley's win over them last weekend.
Cardiff obviously have a new team this year. Splashing some cash around can do that.
Yeah right as if they are paying players, there?s a couple that get their rego paid and that?s it, when you simply have zero idea why comment

Zonal Marking
29-03-2024, 03:26 PM

Maybe read what I wrote properly before blurting your rubbish clown

Did Dudley not get to last years GF? Yes

Did they battle past the team that finished last in the previous season? Yes

So what was it that I said that got you all riled up?

riverboy
29-03-2024, 04:05 PM

Period time, hence Forever Red.
Cardiff have boasted about paying regos for a few years. Let's be honest, it's more then a couple of regos.

magician
29-03-2024, 04:40 PM

So comparing apples to oranges then 🤦🏼*♂️

ForeverRed
29-03-2024, 06:20 PM

There was no one to come up so they couldn?t be relegated, they don?t make the rules so have a go at the comp admins instead of the club

Jardelsimage
29-03-2024, 06:42 PM
Period time, hence Forever Red.
Cardiff have boasted about paying regos for a few years. Let's be honest, it's more then a couple of regos.

Riverboy, how about you be honest and tell us all where your allegiance lies nowadays? just for the record, you know where mine are and it might just clarify a few things....

Bagging CCFC is your weekly thing, and you seem to know a lot about us or supposedly know all about us and our financial details, honestly i don't really give a shit what you think we are doing.

The system has now changed, promotion/relegation into NL1 has put a different spin on ZL1 this year, it has changed how ZL1 clubs will do things, whether it's paying regos only or paying some players some extra cash on top to play or trying your luck and not paying at all.

In the end its a football comp with each team trying their best to win or not get relegated.: wink:

riverboy
29-03-2024, 08:02 PM
Riverboy, how about you be honest and tell us all where your allegiance lies nowadays? just for the record, you know where mine are and it might just clarify a few things....

Bagging CCFC is your weekly thing, and you seem to know a lot about us or supposedly know all about us and our financial details, honestly i don't really give a shit what you think we are doing.

The system has now changed, promotion/relegation into NL1 has put a different spin on ZL1 this year, it has changed how ZL1 clubs will do things, whether it's paying regos only or paying some players some extra cash on top to play or trying your luck and not paying at all.

In the end its a football comp with each team trying their best to win or not get relegated.: wink:

I have no Aliances these days Jardel, I'm an over 35 hack these days.

For the record, Cardiff is one of a list of clubs I have previously bagged. Don't take it too personal, It's definitely not a weekly thing. As for Cardiff, I played against their ZPL reserves a few years ago. I haven't liked Cardiff since, So it's on the list. Seeing a team mate injured is one thing, but see opposition supporters, players and coaches rip the crap out of him is another thing. Cardiff lost me that day....

If you talk up paying regos on here and don't back it up with results what do you seriously expect??? Should have been relegated last year, still don't know how you got out of that. As for Red, I always sense a tinge of arrogance. There is much more out there then the gunners and tigers..

Jardelsimage
29-03-2024, 08:35 PM

For the record, Cardiff is one of a list of clubs I have previously bagged. Don't take it too personal, It's definitely not a weekly thing. As for Cardiff, I played against their ZPL reserves a few years ago. I haven't liked Cardiff since, So it's on the list. Seeing a team mate injured is one thing, but see opposition supporters, players and coaches rip the crap out of him is another thing. Cardiff lost me that day....

If you talk up paying regos on here and don't back it up with results what do you seriously expect??? Should have been relegated last year, still don't know how you got out of that. As for Red, I always sense a tinge of arrogance. There is much more out there then the gunners and tigers..

Ok sorry for your mate, hope he wasn't injured to badly, i could very easily tell you a story about every club bagging injured players, including very recently.

On the other, i don't talk up paying regos, just say that is what we have over the years, it's the norm in most clubs you will find.

My bugbear is you bring it up everytime, but if that's what gets you off, go for it, i will defend the Tigers and what we/they do, but will and have taken them to task when they do something wrong.

Anyway though lets leave this here and get back to the football

As for Red, he wears his heart on his sleeve....good man who has seen the best and worst of football in this town...

Oldy
29-03-2024, 10:25 PM

Listen to this crying b*tch having a sook over 1 club. Ive seen more than a dozen clubs do sh*t like this & worse. You're a grub like the rest.

Accept it and move on numb nuts. :grin::grin::grin:

riverboy
30-03-2024, 07:50 AM
Listen to this crying b*tch having a sook over 1 club. Ive seen more than a dozen clubs do sh*t like this & worse. You're a grub like the rest.

Accept it and move on numb nuts. :grin::grin::grin:

Your my hero, tough guy. Probably one of the cowards from that day, all talk when your with your 10 mates.

Lofty
30-03-2024, 07:53 AM
I feel like this has zero to do with the Australia Cup.
Surely you can all just move on from the thread. It’s Easter weekend, go enjoy yourselves! This ain’t fun.

Jardelsimage
30-03-2024, 08:39 AM
Your my hero, tough guy. Probably one of the cowards from that day, all talk when your with your 10 mates.

not one of mine, but as Lofty said lets move on..

Oldy
30-03-2024, 06:07 PM

Hit the truth hey sook? :roflz::roflz: This idiot thinks i played for big bad Cardiff. :roflz:

Awipes like you have nothin. Maybe time to fold your club gf. enjoy

YerMate
31-03-2024, 01:51 AM
Any idea when the draw for the next round will be done?

GO AWAY
02-04-2024, 10:08 PM
Stockton beat Belswans I?m hearing ?

straightred88
02-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Warners Bay 4-1 Kurri
Westy 2-0 Bolwarra
Stocko 2-1 Belswans

Surely not full strength NL1 teams

GO AWAY
02-04-2024, 10:31 PM
Warners Bay 4-1 Kurri
Westy 2-0 Bolwarra
Stocko 2-1 Belswans

Belswans Havnt posted a team like NL1 game days, so think most have their eyes on the big picture this year, especially Belswans. But that means four ( I think ) NL1 teams out

The Hacker
02-04-2024, 10:33 PM
Warners Bay 4-1 Kurri
Westy 2-0 Bolwarra
Stocko 2-1 Belswans

Magic of the cup. When is the next draw

travellingman
03-04-2024, 08:09 AM
Belswans Havnt posted a team like NL1 game days, so think most have their eyes on the big picture this year, especially Belswans. But that means four ( I think ) NL1 teams out

As you say GA, there is a bigger prize for Belswans and the Stags especially this year. Why play a full strength side when you have no chance of winning the Cup.

Killa
03-04-2024, 08:26 AM
Definitely not a full strength team from Belswans but Stockton were definitely good value for the win. Belswans had a couple of goals disallowed correctly for offside and Stockton solid at the back with a late winner for them

ForeverRed
03-04-2024, 12:21 PM
As you say GA, there is a bigger prize for Belswans and the Stags especially this year. Why play a full strength side when you have no chance of winning the Cup.
Maybe bigger fish to fry but you should be obligated to field your best available 11, now they have missed an opportunity to play against an NPL team and gauge where they are at.

Alton
03-04-2024, 02:12 PM
Maybe bigger fish to fry but you should be obligated to field your best available 11, now they have missed an opportunity to play against an NPL team and gauge where they are at.

It?s disrespectful to the game and the organisers as well Red, it has to dent their confidence that the fringe players couldn?t do the job.

Zonal Marking
03-04-2024, 02:28 PM

Poor attitude. By your logic no one other than the top A-league sides should take this competition seriously because they are the only ones realistically capable of winning it.

Lofty
03-04-2024, 03:44 PM
Draw will be Thursday at 2:30pm.

ForeverRed
03-04-2024, 03:47 PM
It?s disrespectful to the game and the organisers as well Red, it has to dent their confidence that the fringe players couldn?t do the job.
Maybe I?m wrong, they do have a majority of players from the central coast which makes it a long drive and late night, or maybe we just give credit to Stockton 🤷*♂️

Lofty
03-04-2024, 03:52 PM
Teams in the next round, plus the 12 NPL teams to join.

Kotara South ZL1
Thornton vs Cessnock City - unsure if they have played or not.
Mayfield Snr ZL1
Stockton ZL2
Newcastle Suns ZL1
Cardiff City ZL1
Toronto Awaba vs Hamilton Azzurri - Unsure
West Wallsend NL1
Warners Bay ZL1
South Cardiff NL1
Wallsend vs Newcastle Croatia - Tonight
Dudley ZL1

travellingman
03-04-2024, 04:29 PM

Maybe it was their best 11 available. Long drive after work from the Central Coast. Some could even work shift work

travellingman
03-04-2024, 04:33 PM
Poor attitude. By your logic no one other than the top A-league sides should take this competition seriously because they are the only ones realistically capable of winning it.

Rubbish, If you think a NL1 is going to win the Australia Cup, you're dreamin.
If I was the Belswans coach I would be going all out to gain promotion rather than trying to win this competition or get to the next round have my best players get injured and be out for weeks.

Zonal Marking
03-04-2024, 06:05 PM
Rubbish, If you think a NL1 is going to win the Australia Cup, you're dreamin.
If I was the Belswans coach I would be going all out to gain promotion rather than trying to win this competition or get to the next round have my best players get injured and be out for weeks.

I literally said that realistically only one of the A-league clubs can win the whole thing.

Once again though by your logic what?s the point of the lower teams even entering it if they don?t have some kind of ambition to try and go on a bit of a run?

The Hacker
03-04-2024, 10:20 PM
Another NL1 team being knocked off by a ZL2 team. I would suggest Wallsend weren?t resting players

Hunter403
04-04-2024, 05:43 AM
Maybe it was their best 11 available. Long drive after work from the Central Coast. Some could even work shift work

If they are from the central coast, they won't have jobs. Maybe they were unavailable as they wouldn't give up their place in the dole line

Jardelsimage
04-04-2024, 07:02 AM
Another NL1 team being knocked off by a ZL2 team. I would suggest Wallsend weren?t resting players

scores from last night

ForeverRed
04-04-2024, 07:40 AM
scores from last night
4.3 Croatia

straightred88
04-04-2024, 10:11 AM
Any other clubs charging entry for a cup game? Or was it just Wallsend that needed my $5 lol

Jardelsimage
04-04-2024, 11:29 AM
Any other clubs charging entry for a cup game? Or was it just Wallsend that needed my $5 lol

toronto v azzurri last night???

Halligooner
04-04-2024, 12:16 PM
toronto v azzurri last night???

No, won't be playing for another two weeks.

Lyall Peacock is being re-turfed so no other option but to play at LMRFF at the earliest availability.

In addition to their league schedule, were not able to play before Easter.

Not ideal, but out of our hands unfortunately.

Killa
04-04-2024, 02:18 PM
It's always up to the host clubs discretion. It's not illegal but does seem a bit of a gee up.

Reds Forever
04-04-2024, 02:57 PM
It's always up to the host clubs discretion. It's not illegal but does seem a bit of a gee up.

It's smart but. Croatia would bring a decent crowd along hoping for an upset. Why not put some money into your coffers when you can.

evolution
04-04-2024, 03:41 PM
Next round has been drawn:

Charlestown Azzurri vs Mayfield United
West Wallsend vs Lambton Jaffas
Maitland vs Newcastle Suns
South Cardiff vs Broadmeadow Magic
Kotara South vs Cardiff City
Toronto Awaba or Hamilton Azzurri vs Newcastle Croatia
Newcastle Olympic vs New Lambton
Lake Macquarie City vs Weston
Valentine vs Dudley
Stockton vs Edgeworth
Warners Bay vs Cooks Hill United
Cessnock City vs Adamstown Rosebud

Zonal Marking
04-04-2024, 10:55 PM

Valentine vs Dudley
Stockton vs Edgeworth

Any chance of a cupset amongst those fixtures?

The Hacker
04-04-2024, 11:40 PM
Any chance of a cupset amongst those fixtures?

Maitland v Suns will be worth a watch

The Postman
05-04-2024, 12:42 AM

Valentine vs Dudley
Stockton vs Edgeworth

God, might be some bloodbaths among those games.

W8 WATCHER
05-04-2024, 09:10 AM
predictions-

Maitland vs Newcastle Suns D SUNS PENS
Valentine vs Dudley
Stockton vs Edgeworth
Cessnock City vs Adamstown Rosebuds

ForeverRed
05-04-2024, 09:50 AM
predictions-

Maitland vs Newcastle Suns D SUNS PENS
Valentine vs Dudley
Stockton vs Edgeworth
Cessnock City vs Adamstown Rosebuds
Why aren?t you backing the stags mate

W8 WATCHER
05-04-2024, 10:16 AM
Why aren?t you backing the stags mate

MATE ?
because all their players will probably be suspended :deadhorse:

Hurricane
17-04-2024, 11:39 AM
Lake Macquarie 2 Weston 1

Alton
17-04-2024, 01:07 PM
Lake Macquarie 2 Weston 1

Major upset

Hurricane
17-04-2024, 10:01 PM
Maitland 8 Newcastle Suns 0

FairPlay2022
17-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Cooks Hill 2-0 Warners Bay

ForeverRed
17-04-2024, 10:30 PM
Gunners 0 magic 10

17-04-2024, 11:08 PM
Toronto up 4-0 at halftime against Azzurri got bt 5-4….

Frank Jonathan Mir II
17-04-2024, 11:24 PM
Toronto up 4-0 at halftime against Azzurri got bt 5-4?.

That has to be one of the biggest chokes of all time

17-04-2024, 11:35 PM
Jaffas 2 Westy 1

The Hacker
17-04-2024, 11:56 PM
Valo 2 Dudley 0

GO AWAY
18-04-2024, 12:02 AM

Up there, congrats to Hamilton Azzurri.
Azzurri v Croatia will be interesting

Lofty
18-04-2024, 06:03 AM

Sounds like a great comeback. Congrats Azzurri.

Alton
18-04-2024, 07:45 AM
Gunners 0 magic 10

Seriously, there is one team to rule out of the promotion race

The Hacker
18-04-2024, 08:59 AM

Seriously you could have ruled them out week 1 when Wallsend beat them.
There is only 1 team that will get promoted

Alton
18-04-2024, 09:20 AM

And I bet they put more emphasis and respect on the Cup then

ForeverRed
18-04-2024, 10:10 AM
Why would you say that, do you know who played, was it a full strength team, were there injuries, you don?t know, maybe rule out Toronto also, beaten but a team struggling in 3rd division.

ForeverRed
18-04-2024, 10:11 AM
2 can get promoted

W8 WATCHER
18-04-2024, 11:02 AM

more chokes then a linda lovelace movie:roflz:

GO AWAY
18-04-2024, 12:34 PM
more chokes then a linda lovelace movie:roflz:

She never choked

Alton
18-04-2024, 01:08 PM
2 can get promoted
TA promotion window is shut also Red, start planning Belswans

Zonal Marking
18-04-2024, 06:46 PM
Good to see Dudley & Warners Bay hold their own against NPL1 opposition.

That Azzurri comeback is just insane though. To be a fly on the wall in the Toronto sheds at full time.

Kicktheball
18-04-2024, 09:51 PM
Is this the same Azzuri team that got their pants pulled down by Cardiff 7-1??

mge61
18-04-2024, 10:14 PM
Is this the same Azzuri team that got their pants pulled down by Cardiff 7-1??

Seemed to be a few of the ressies from Saturday playing.

Alton
19-04-2024, 09:46 AM
Seemed to be a few of the ressies from Saturday playing.
Well that makes it worse for TA

The Postman
19-04-2024, 10:25 AM
Quick glance at the squad list and it seems Toronto had their fair share of Ressies (4 or 5) playing as well as the Under 18s Goalkeeper. Everyone can put away their pitchforks now. You are welcome GO AWAY.

straightred88
19-04-2024, 10:55 AM
Quick glance at the squad list and it seems Toronto had their fair share of Ressies (4 or 5) playing as well as the Under 18s Goalkeeper. Everyone can put away their pitchforks now. You are welcome GO AWAY.

No excuses can justify giving away a 4 goal lead.

Alton
19-04-2024, 11:00 AM
No excuses can justify giving away a 4 goal lead.

That?s not good for a club wanting promotion

straightred88
19-04-2024, 12:29 PM
Up there, congrats to Hamilton Azzurri.
Azzurri v Croatia will be interesting

Hearing they will play at Speers Point which is disappointing.

NUGUNS
19-04-2024, 01:49 PM
Hearing they will play at Speers Point which is disappointing.

Do Azzurri have lights at Hexham? If not I would rather play at Speers Point over the postage stamp.

straightred88
19-04-2024, 02:22 PM
Do Azzurri have lights at Hexham? If not I would rather play at Speers Point over the postage stamp.

Obviously not ones good enough for games otherwise why else wouldn?t you play at home.

The Hacker
24-04-2024, 11:02 PM
Any results from tonight

anfield
24-04-2024, 11:26 PM
Any results from tonight

Croatia 7 Azzurri 0

I think at a minimum there needs to be a conversation on promoting and relegated 2 teams rather then 1 in all Zone League competitions.
Possibly 5 or 6 teams in zl2 that wouldn't finish in the bottom 2 in zl1.
Not a good look that a zl2 team putting 7 past a zl1 team. That's nothing against Azzurri, they provided a highlight in the cup last week by knocking over toronto. Croatia are quality, as well as many others in zl2.

straightred88
24-04-2024, 11:58 PM
Stocko 0-8 Edgy
Charlestown 7-1 Mayfield

ForeverRed
25-04-2024, 06:08 AM
Croatia 7 Azzurri 0

I think at a minimum there needs to be a conversation on promoting and relegated 2 teams rather then 1 in all Zone League competitions.
Possibly 5 or 6 teams in zl2 that wouldn't finish in the bottom 2 in zl1.
Not a good look that a zl2 team putting 7 past a zl1 team. That's nothing against Azzurri, they provided a highlight in the cup last week by knocking over toronto. Croatia are quality, as well as many others in zl2.
That a a big assumtiin off one game, Croatia were beaten 2 weeks ago in ZL2, so they can?t be that good

anfield
25-04-2024, 08:00 AM
I'm suggesting that there is 5 or 6 good teams in zl2 that could compete in zl1. Croatia are one of those teams and the team that beat them Cooks Hill are another of those teams.

It's not a big assumption, the facts are in the scoreline.

Two tone
25-04-2024, 10:08 AM
I'm suggesting that there is 5 or 6 good teams in zl2 that could compete in zl1. Croatia are one of those teams and the team that beat them Cooks Hill are another of those teams.

It's not a big assumption, the facts are in the scoreline.

Cup games mean jack 💩 for promotion.
Promotion is earned over a full season and that?s a football fact.

straightred88
25-04-2024, 10:26 AM
Kotara 5-2 Cardiff

Lofty
25-04-2024, 12:50 PM
A lot of nonsense chat coming from cup results.
The promotion thing is pretty simple, finish first, go up. It doesn’t matter if there are teams in divisions below that could do better than the bottom teams above, that’s not how it works.
Promotion isn’t supposed to be easy. There’s obviously a few strong squads in ZL2 that could make it in ZL1, but it’s going to be one team that goes through.
Surely we don’t need to keep bringing this up all season?
After 3 rounds in ZL2, already Cooks Hill is the only team to have remained undefeated.

Alton
25-04-2024, 01:39 PM
Kotara 5-2 Cardiff

What happened here Mario

anfield
25-04-2024, 04:30 PM
A lot of nonsense chat coming from cup results.
The promotion thing is pretty simple, finish first, go up. It doesn’t matter if there are teams in divisions below that could do better than the bottom teams above, that’s not how it works.
Promotion isn’t supposed to be easy. There’s obviously a few strong squads in ZL2 that could make it in ZL1, but it’s going to be one team that goes through.
Surely we don’t need to keep bringing this up all season?
After 3 rounds in ZL2, already Cooks Hill is the only team to have remained undefeated.

As it's the Australia Cup thread I will leave this conversation with one final comment. I think you missed the main point, I said a conversation should be around having 2 teams promoted and 2 relegated. That's all, I think having even zone league competitions is in the best interests of most. Not too difficult to understand.

Lofty
25-04-2024, 05:06 PM
As it's the Australia Cup thread I will leave this conversation with one final comment. I think you missed the main point, I said a conversation should be around having 2 teams promoted and 2 relegated. That's all, I think having even zone league competitions is in the best interests of most. Not too difficult to understand.

I understand perfectly, but the conversation is never ending. And it’s only become relevant for people to talk about because Croatia who have been hot favourites to be promoted the last two seasons, have finished second.
In years gone by, the conversation was always around the promoted team struggling. Now we want to double the teams coming up?

The whole promotion discussion is evidently one that’s difficult for everyone to agree on. But you are right, this isn’t the thread for it.

Jim
25-04-2024, 06:09 PM
I understand perfectly, but the conversation is never ending. And it’s only become relevant for people to talk about because Croatia who have been hot favourites to be promoted the last two seasons, have finished second.
In years gone by, the conversation was always around the promoted team struggling. Now we want to double the teams coming up?

Why TF is this convo a bad thing? Its ok to have an opinion of 2 promotion particularly when the 2nd last plays 2nd top in a playoff without your grease falling off your wheels.
How about you stop being a jerk just because someone suggests something that you dont like.
There a few more of you on here who sh*t their pants when someone makes an opinion. Give some evidence why you disagree and move on.

Any chat is good chat because thats why this forum is here. To suggest new and different ideas as well a whats happening around the traps.

riverboy
26-04-2024, 08:26 AM

The whole promotion discussion is evidently one that’s difficult for everyone to agree on. But you are right, this isn’t the thread for it.

It's pretty obvious that alot of zl1 clubs don't want a few of the zl2 clubs up especially Croatia. Why bring another decent club up that will actually challenge the top half? Time to stop having a boys club and open the division up.

I'm sure alot of clubs were happy for Cardiff to stay up, some probably pushed for it. Funny thing is that Cardiff are looking decent this year. Whilst Azzurri, westlakes and swansea are all going backwards without the risk of relegation as Minmi look terrible.

Avocadomexican
26-04-2024, 09:55 AM
What do you class as terrible? i wouldve thought westlakes conceeding 10+ in all grades against suns would be the definition of that.

Lofty
26-04-2024, 10:36 AM
It's pretty obvious that alot of zl1 clubs don't want a few of the zl2 clubs up especially Croatia. Why bring another decent club up that will actually challenge the top half? Time to stop having a boys club and open the division up.

I'm sure alot of clubs were happy for Cardiff to stay up, some probably pushed for it. Funny thing is that Cardiff are looking decent this year. Whilst Azzurri, westlakes and swansea are all going backwards without the risk of relegation as Minmi look terrible.

Zero issues with Croatia. Plenty of mates over there and they've built a strong squad and I hope they do finish top because I think they will add a lot to ZL1. I don't know why people wouldn't want to see Croatia battle it out in ZL1.

The point I'm making is that I don't think changing to 2 up, 2 down is the best long term solution. As I mentioned, just 2 or 3 years ago, all the talk was about the repeated struggles of the promoted team. ZL2 is in a bit of a purple patch right now with some ambitious clubs which is great for the Zone Leagues. But I think you need to do things gradually.
I believe Cardiff were very lucky with how things transpired last year and they have reacted accordingly. No clubs were consulted about the promotion or relegation of other clubs, so that statement of clubs pushing to keep Cardiff up is a bit of a stretch.
I have no doubts that the strongest club from ZL2 will come up and have high hopes of shaking things up in 2025. It's going to be interesting to watch it play out.

straightred88
26-04-2024, 01:40 PM
Round 5

Croatia v Kotara
Cooks Hill v Olympic
Magic v Lakes
Cessnock/Adamstown v Jaffas
Maitland v Charlestown
Edgy v Valo

anfield
26-04-2024, 07:20 PM
Zero issues with Croatia. Plenty of mates over there and they've built a strong squad and I hope they do finish top because I think they will add a lot to ZL1. I don't know why people wouldn't want to see Croatia battle it out in ZL1.

The point I'm making is that I don't think changing to 2 up, 2 down is the best long term solution. As I mentioned, just 2 or 3 years ago, all the talk was about the repeated struggles of the promoted team. ZL2 is in a bit of a purple patch right now with some ambitious clubs which is great for the Zone Leagues. But I think you need to do things gradually.
I believe Cardiff were very lucky with how things transpired last year and they have reacted accordingly. No clubs were consulted about the promotion or relegation of other clubs, so that statement of clubs pushing to keep Cardiff up is a bit of a stretch.
I have no doubts that the strongest club from ZL2 will come up and have high hopes of shaking things up in 2025. It's going to be interesting to watch it play out.

2 clubs will go up next year anyway as 1 will go up to NL1, correct?

Avocadomexican
26-04-2024, 07:43 PM
Or do they promote a side up and keep the spoon placed side? I havent seen any info to work it out yet but i havent exactly looked super hard for answers

Lofty
26-04-2024, 07:53 PM
Last in NL1 is supposed to join ZL1 and first in ZL1 is supposed to go up to NL1.
It's one up, one down from top to bottom, but the play-off scenario is only between the two Northern comps.

magician
26-04-2024, 08:04 PM
NL1 has only 9 teams so I doubt it will be 1 up and 1 down.

anfield
26-04-2024, 09:12 PM
Last in NL1 is supposed to join ZL1 and first in ZL1 is supposed to go up to NL1.
It's one up, one down from top to bottom, but the play-off scenario is only between the two Northern comps.

I just looked at NNSW competition structure, it appears there is an oversight. The winners from ZL1 don't appear to be replaced in the structure.

It states 1 team goes up from ZL1 , 1 team is relegated into Zl2 and 1 team comes up from ZL2. That would leave 11 teams, opps....

Lofty
26-04-2024, 09:29 PM
I just looked at NNSW competition structure, it appears there is an oversight. The winners from ZL1 don't appear to be replaced in the structure.

It states 1 team goes up from ZL1 , 1 team is relegated into Zl2 and 1 team comes up from ZL2. That would leave 11 teams, opps....

There seems to be plenty of questions around it all still.
It would be great if northern actually reached out to clubs in ZL1 and ZL2 to find out which clubs have the structures set up and ambitions to go beyond ZL1.
There’s zero consultation or communication. Clubs are just being told what to do rather than being given a voice.

Zonal Marking
26-04-2024, 09:40 PM
It would be great if northern actually reached out to clubs in ZL1 and ZL2 to find out which clubs have the structures set up and ambitions to go beyond ZL1.
There?s zero consultation or communication. Clubs are just being told what to do rather than being given a voice.

Are the Suns prepared to go up if they finish top of the pile this season?

Hunter403
27-04-2024, 08:18 AM
There’s zero consultation or communication. Clubs are just being told what to do rather than being given a voice.

TBF, Northern have said that they will sit down with the clubs that are likely to be in the mix for promotion mid season and discuss what is required. Makes sense. Why engage with every ZL club now? No point. Best to wait until the contenders are becoming obvious.

Reds Forever
27-04-2024, 08:48 AM
Definitely no relegation from League One this year. As per Northern site below:

The team that finishes ninth in HIT 106.9 Northern League One will not be relegated to Zone League One at the end of 2024 due to the current bye. Relegation from HIT 106.9 Northern League One will commence from the 2025 season. But the team that finishes first in Zone League One in 2024 will be promoted to HIT 106.9 Northern League One to make a 10-team league in 2025.

There will remain five-team finals series’ in the Zone Football League, with a straight one club up/one club down promotion-relegation model to come into effect between Northern League One, Zone League One, Zone League Two and Zone League Three.

anfield
27-04-2024, 09:01 AM
Definitely no relegation from League One this year. As per Northern site below:

The team that finishes ninth in HIT 106.9 Northern League One will not be relegated to Zone League One at the end of 2024 due to the current bye. Relegation from HIT 106.9 Northern League One will commence from the 2025 season. But the team that finishes first in Zone League One in 2024 will be promoted to HIT 106.9 Northern League One to make a 10-team league in 2025.

There will remain five-team finals series’ in the Zone Football League, with a straight one club up/one club down promotion-relegation model to come into effect between Northern League One, Zone League One, Zone League Two and Zone League Three.

That is clear....But they haven't even looked at the Zone League One competition? On their model it only will have 11 teams? It doesn't explain where a 12th team comes from.

Lofty
27-04-2024, 10:06 AM
TBF, Northern have said that they will sit down with the clubs that are likely to be in the mix for promotion mid season and discuss what is required. Makes sense. Why engage with every ZL club now? No point. Best to wait until the contenders are becoming obvious.

They have, but by the time that happens, there will only be maybe like 6 months to prepare for the jump. We don’t know what’s required and whether the clubs that are in contention have any hope of getting their ducks in a row.
I’m sure it would be beneficial for northern to find out how many clubs, if any actually have ambitions to make the jump. I know not everyone on here agrees, but there is a substantial jump going from a zone league club to a premier club.
I do think there are some clubs that would be well suited to make the jump, but I think there’s plenty that aren’t set up for it at the same time.
The conversation needs to be had at some point, I just don’t see the point in delaying that.

Lofty
27-04-2024, 10:09 AM
Are the Suns prepared to go up if they finish top of the pile this season?

I can’t speak on behalf of the club. That’s a collective decision to be made. There would be a bit involved in the club being able to do so.

I’ve asked the question on here a few times to see if any clubs in the zone leagues have interest in making the jump and there’s been silence. I know there’s been a bit dished out to us because I’ve made posts about being against it. But at least I’ve made comments.
I guess the silence from all other clubs says a fair bit.

Since we are talking about it again, are there any clubs in the zone leagues that have intentions or ambitions to make the jump?

straightred88
27-04-2024, 10:34 AM
Not sure what any of this has to do with the Australia Cup.

Looks like we need a Pro/Rel thread

riverboy
27-04-2024, 10:42 AM

Does anyone really care about thread classification.

straightred88
27-04-2024, 11:52 AM
Does anyone really care about thread classification.

Doesn?t look like it lol

Lofty
27-04-2024, 12:00 PM

Probably, but here we are haha.

Going from what I took at the preseason meeting, I don’t think there are any clubs keen to go up. It does feel like if a club is going to be promoted, that they will be disappointed with that. Which is what the opposite feeling should be. I really don’t think forced promotion is the answer. But again, I’m curious to hear the thoughts from any other clubs.