PDA

View Full Version : HAL 12/13 Rd 4 - Newcastle Jets vs Melbourne Victory 27/10/12 k/off 730pm AEDST

furns
22-10-2012, 06:40 PM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/JetsLogo.gif VS http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/brand-1.gif
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/2012/10/20122013-hyundai-a-league-round-4/

2012/2013 Hyundai A-League
Season 8 Round 4
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Melbourne Victory

When: Friday 26th October, 2012
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 730pm AEDST (gates open 6pm)
Tickets: https://www.proticket.com.au/event.asp?eventid=1946
Pre-match: from 5pm District Park Tennis Club, Cnr Lambton and Curley Rds Broadmeadow
Watch: LIVE on Foxsports 1 and FoxSports 1HD
Listen: ABC Newcastle 1233 or online http://www.abc.net.au/newcastle/programs/webcam_radio.htm?ref=listenlive&src=internetradio
Tweet: @newyboys #jetsvsmv
Swap Regan for Neville if fit

Hoping for another strong performance against these lot, we usually beat them at home. After their travelling fans burn down the away bay of course.....

3-1 Jets

pv4
22-10-2012, 06:45 PM
agreed. and if neville isn't fit, chuck brillante a go

furns
22-10-2012, 06:47 PM
should we give Regan a chance in CB and if so who should ride the pine?

Any word on how far off full fitness Brown is? Has he played in NYL yet?

belchardo
22-10-2012, 06:47 PM
looking forward to this. will be forming the HPNUJFCHHFMDR for the weekend.

Muswellbrookian
22-10-2012, 06:48 PM
There really are some tasty fixtures on at the start of this season. Wish I was there....

I don't see why we shouldn't beat Victory at home, given the form we're in. Should be a nice 2-0 or 3-1, but knowing us we'll make it tough and have to grind out the three points, as usual. I'm going with 2-1. Griff and Heskeytime on the scoresheet again.

pv4
22-10-2012, 06:51 PM
should we give Regan a chance in CB and if so who should ride the pine?

no

tiago & mitchell are getting better by the week, particularly tiago.

chapman deserves a shot at cb before regan does.

lil_masi
22-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Agreed if neville fit, back in. If not brilliante at rb. Would like bernardo on bench.
Would also like to know when browns back

true waterboy
22-10-2012, 06:56 PM
kanta off the bench for chapman/bernardo as well

Superdylan
22-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Furns we are playing them on friday night, not saturday night as you have written above.

My guess Jets 3-1
(heskey,goodwin & r griff to score)
Crowd will be about the same

I'm hoping we don't let in a late goal again this week. Causes too many nervous emotions.

Vandenberg13
22-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Regan looked a tad rusty, but being one of his biggest fans, id back him up

i think he will find it hard with mitchell and tiago playing center back, and i deffs dont think we should play him at LB or RB

but id rather him start then Chapman,
Regan was one of our most consistent last year IMO

q-money
22-10-2012, 07:58 PM
we will loose

BodyNovo
22-10-2012, 08:07 PM
this is going is huge for the jerks imo

win and we are the real deal, top 4 contenders, big crowds, deans out etc

lose and normal service resumed, sky is falling, deans out

knowing us will lose

furns
22-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Furns we are playing them on friday night, not saturday night as you have written above.
ta

stopper2
22-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Would love to see Bernardo unleashed at home, even if it's only for 20 minutes. When he was signed, GVE said that he is the type of player that has that "x-factor". Round 4 against the Victory would be the perfect opportunity to just see what he can offer.

MFKS
22-10-2012, 08:47 PM
James Brown wasn't sighted at yesterdays yoof outing.

Brillante played quite well I thought when he come on against Gypos for Taylor Regan. Watching him play for Yoofs yesterday he had a bit of a shocker.

Blokes from yesterdays Yoof who would have put some sort of case forward for a first team gig were Peppz Connor Chapman would have done no harm to their chances and Bernardo offered a performance that will give GVE some serious food for thought.

Being that we are on a 2 match winning run I wouldn't expect too many changes and any of these blokes would have to be content with bench spot unless some dramatic injury/issue comes up to see one of the HAL heroes out of the Victree game

david silva
22-10-2012, 09:16 PM
-----------------Birraz-----------------

Brillante---Tiago---Mitchell----Ritter

--------------Wheelhouse------------

---------Zadkid-------Kanta----------

Virgilli--------Heskey---------Griffiths

Need zakovich back in the middle of the park imo. Need someone who can hack down flores early on, him and wheelhouse are probably the best men for that job.. Have a strong feeling that Kanta will get a recall as well.

As much as i dislike Virgilli, there is no chance in hell that he will miss out this week. Would rather Taggart imo

Bernardo to come on in the last 20 and rip adrian leijer's head off..

4-1 win.. Griff x2, Bernardo, Zadkovich..

MFKS
22-10-2012, 09:24 PM
-----------------Birraz-----------------

Brillante---Tiago---Mitchell----Ritter

--------------Wheelhouse------------

---------Zadkid-------Kanta----------

Virgilli--------Heskey---------Griffiths

Need zakovich back in the middle of the park imo. Need someone who can hack down flores early on, him and wheelhouse are probably the best men for that job.. Have a strong feeling that Kanta will get a recall as well.

As much as i dislike Virgilli, there is no chance in hell that he will miss out this week. Would rather Taggart imo

Bernardo to come on in the last 20 and rip adrian leijer's head off..

4-1 win.. Griff x2, Bernardo, Zadkovich..

Serious questions Where the **** is Goody??? Why the **** is Kanta in "your" team???

Also FYI Rubes was in the centre of the park last weekend from what I recall so I struggle to see why he needs to be put back in the middle

seldom
22-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Serious questions Where the **** is Goody??? Why the **** is Kanta in "your" team???

Also FYI Rubes was in the centre of the park last weekend from what I recall so I struggle to see why he needs to be put back in the middle

Probs resting him in case of injury :gent:

p.s. needs more Jesic

david silva
22-10-2012, 09:52 PM

jesus christ calm down.. obviously i made a mistake and i am glad you picked it up..

no need for hostility though.. jesus its an internet forum

plague
22-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Probs resting him in case of injury :gent:

Death by a thousand cuts Member!!!!!

Also, ill be in behind enemy lines on friday so while the tards are ripping flares in the away bay ill be round their houses nicking their scarves and banners.

hoorah!!!!!

(actually probs be at a titty bar but still......)

snake
22-10-2012, 09:59 PM
loose

club led?

MFKS
22-10-2012, 10:17 PM
jesus christ calm down.. obviously i made a mistake and i am glad you picked it up..

no need for hostility though.. jesus its an internet forum

Apoligies if it came across as hostility the Member is just partial to dropping the F Bomb.

Can you enlighten me though as to why you are calling for Kanta's inclusion which IMHO is a total left field call considering his form and regular level of ineptness

NewcastleForLife
22-10-2012, 10:19 PM
this is going is huge for the jerks imo

win and we are the real deal, top 4 contenders, big crowds, deans out etc

lose and normal service resumed, sky is falling, deans out

knowing us will lose

This.

Also, anyone else thinking we need to drop Jobe? He had a few good touches on the weekend but when Brown is healthy we'll have to pick 3 midfielders from him, Kanta, Zad, Brown, Pepper and Riberio. I don't know, just thinking ahead...

MFKS
22-10-2012, 10:28 PM
This.

Also, anyone else thinking we need to drop Jobe? He had a few good touches on the weekend but when Brown is healthy we'll have to pick 3 midfielders from him, Kanta, Zad, Brown, Pepper and Riberio. I don't know, just thinking ahead...

Just goes to show what a dumb idea it was to give Jobe the captaincy. Unfortunately as captain he HAS to be picked.

Captaincy should always be going to the bloke most respected in the team who will always be in the first XI come what may. Grifflet or Zads should have been given the job as both blokes are always gonna be picked somewhere in the XI Jobe is no definite

NewcastleForLife
22-10-2012, 10:30 PM
^ Yeah, completely agree. I see Jobe as a squad player. I think he's good, but I don't think he should be played 90 minutes every week and I think it was a bad idea giving him the armband. Would surely be too disheartening to take it off him, but then again McFlynn was benched for Bling on the weekend...

Thomas477
22-10-2012, 10:37 PM
Surely we could leave Jobe as club captain, and have someone else (Griff springs to mind) as first team captain? That way he is still captain of the cub, but GvE wouldn't have to pick him week in, week out.

pv4
22-10-2012, 10:47 PM
I rate jobe. he's not as crazy as rubez, but still tough. can switch a ball better than most in the Hal also. is also good for a freakish goal or two a season.

gve is clearly not a fan of bernardo. I won't be surprised by the end of the year that our starting lineup is:

--------------biraz-------------
neville--tiago---Mitchell--solid
--------zadkid---jobe----------
ryu-------brown-------goodwin
----------heskeytime-----------

subs: bk, kanta, taggz, brillante

and yep, that's virgilli-less on purpose. just my opinion on how it'll pan out by 2013

plague
22-10-2012, 11:26 PM
Jobes been great this year. One of our best. Him and Rubes owning the mids. His passing has been lovely.
I rate him.

hawk
22-10-2012, 11:38 PM
Swap Regan for Neville if fit
Hoping for another strong performance against these lot, we usually beat them at home. After their travelling fans burn down the away bay of course.....

this stuffs our chance. refs will crucify us.

Mitchy
22-10-2012, 11:42 PM
Lets watch our Scarves this time abit better Parksey :lulz:

front2
22-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Jobes been great this year. One of our best. Him and Rubes owning the mids. His passing has been lovely.
I rate him.

This.

Shut up MFKS. You give me a headache.
We are nothing until we finally shrug off common defeats and poor performances our home turf.

parksey
23-10-2012, 12:13 AM
Jobe's been one of our best so far this year. I always think it's strange to see how much praise Zad gets compared to Wheelhouse, who is usually a lot more composed and efficient.

I definitely wouldn't start Brillante ahead of Regan either, presuming Neville isn't fit in time.

pv4
23-10-2012, 06:50 AM
the reason zadkid gets praise more than jobe is things like in the 85th minute when most of the team is walking, all tarek-elrich-style, rubez is sprinting his but off chasing some passback. while i rate jobe, he doesn't bring 90minutes of intensity like rubez does. i also think rubez is just as good at passing as jobe is, which i imagine a lot of people will say is a feature jobe is better at. rubez can ping a ball beautifully across field (see goodwin's chest around bojic) and can switch play out of tight positions too (see chilli's run for heskeytime's goal), whilst still being a nutcase in defence.

in regards to regan vs anyone, i just don't totally get the regan love tbh. he's a scrappy defender, was made to look good by how bad nts was. he's not really a ball-player/creator. every trial i've watched him play alongside any other cb, it's noticeable that the likes of chapman, mitchell, tiago, etc are all a class above regan. they handle themselves a lot more like a professional player, whereas regan relies on man-marking & good talk (which aren't necessarily bad traits, just something i'd prefer to have on my bench when someone was injured as opposed to starting him over one of our class players). brillante/chapman would create a lot more for us from rb imo. i don't remember regan getting forward much/ever on the weekend, in general play or with the ball.

Jeterpool
23-10-2012, 08:18 AM
I think we will win. 3-1

Agree with the sentiments about Jobe - think he has been doing well this year and is still a very tough midfielder. The captaincy has matured him and while still being hard, he isn't picking up anywhere near the number of silly yellow cards he was in previous years, and his fouls have decreased too I feel. He has learnt controlled agression and when to exert it and influence the game.

As for Brown, he will come in for Virgili I think. Push him wide or into the spot Griff has been filling behind Heskey, or push Zad wide and slot him in next to Jobe. Tough call where to fit him in and where...

boz-monaut
23-10-2012, 08:22 AM
we rode our luck against the Mariners, I don't reckon we'll be as lucky this week

it'll be ugly as all get out and I reckon it'll be both teams trying to lose it with defensive stuff ups

Bon
23-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Agree with the sentiments about Jobe - think he has been doing well this year and is still a very tough midfielder. The captaincy has matured him and while still being hard, he isn't picking up anywhere near the number of silly yellow cards he was in previous years, and his fouls have decreased too I feel. He has learnt controlled agression and when to exert it and influence the game.

This.

Jeterpool
23-10-2012, 08:57 AM
This.

Cheers Bon.

Thinking about it some more, the person I think that has been the biggest influence on Jobe's game and helped him become the player he is now is Kasey Wehrman. His composure and distribution reminds me very much of when Kasey was filling in that role 2 years ago.

snake
23-10-2012, 09:41 AM
the reason zadkid gets praise more than jobe is things like in the 85th minute when most of the team is walking, all tarek-elrich-style, rubez is sprinting his but off chasing some passback. while i rate jobe, he doesn't bring 90minutes of intensity like rubez does. i also think rubez is just as good at passing as jobe is, which i imagine a lot of people will say is a feature jobe is better at. rubez can ping a ball beautifully across field (see goodwin's chest around bojic) and can switch play out of tight positions too (see chilli's run for heskeytime's goal), whilst still being a nutcase in defence.

rubez doesn't go to the 95th minute, though

dead-set, if it was kanta who gave the ball away so limply, people would want him deported to greece

goaliepersempre
23-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Lets watch our Scarves this time abit better Parksey :lulz:

well did you see the horda got the red army banner...

pv4
23-10-2012, 10:04 AM
rubez doesn't go to the 95th minute, though

wat

dead-set, if it was kanta who gave the ball away so limply, people would want him deported to greece

i dunno bout you, but when i play roundball and have worked my ass off heaps & have seen heaps of the ball, i tend to do more mistakes. the less times you touch the ball, the less cock-ups you do or are remembered for. i <3 rubez for the amount of effort he puts in, and most of the time he gives the ball away "limply" is when he's just won a tackle and hasn't gotten full control of it yet. i prefer a full-throttle player who may make some errors to someone who plays it safe and would rather play a short side-pass than take a risk (edit: a risk that has a chance of being pulled off, not ridiculous flicks and the like).

the thing about someone like kanta - if they gave the ball away so much/limply, i would be pissed. because chances are he's been walking for most of the match and doesn't even remotely look interested in playing (see: round 1).

dead-set, if kanta did that turn & play in the build-up for heskey's goal, he would be back in bayern's books.

snake
23-10-2012, 10:07 AM
rubez 95th minute vs gypos

had three players to play a simple pass to. could have shot too, as ryan was 30m off his line

instead, tries to skip past a defender and trips over the ball

directly from this, rose crosses to zwanswijk.

all effort, no intelligence

Pico
23-10-2012, 10:16 AM

Between this and the Birraz BK think you might need to start wearing this...

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhr3_A8hX1K62Ln5Ftvqwuf8Vrojig9 i0cltl8uT1C5KwasHwj

pv4
23-10-2012, 10:16 AM
ok got what you meant now. well yeah, he screwed that up, but i don't think anyone is under any illusion that he is perfect with every play.

if we are clouding our opinions on players from single moments, should we actually deport kanta to greece after his lack of intelligence when he had a legitimate long-shot opportunity that required only a shot on target to score, and instead took a touch or two and passed it?

russjaybee
23-10-2012, 10:22 AM
--------------biraz-------------
neville--tiago---Mitchell--solid
--------zadkid---jobe----------
ryu-------brown-------goodwin
----------heskeytime-----------

This is my starting 11 as well.

IMO Rubez would be perfect in a deeper role with Jobe in front of the back four. IMO we've seen the worst of him when he is further up the park as he tries to do too much. I think if he sits further back and is simply there to control the game and do the hard running he would excel. Himself and Jobe can both pass the ball around well and he has the athleticism to work in the "engine room". When he is further forward or out wide he nearly always tries to do too much, he turns towards the opposition and away from his own players, he will frequently choose against making the simple pass in an effort to beat 2 players down the sideline, this imo is the wrong decision.

I think Jobe had a good game against the coasties tbh, was strong in to the challenges and won a fair few balls. He does have a touch of the "alex song" about his where he never really looks energised, he doesn't really buzz around the pitch. I do think he adds a little composure and "calm" to the middle of the park. Another reason why I think him and rubez in a deep role would be a perfect combo.

God damn I can't wait for brown to be fit, what a delicious front line.

Jetmaster
23-10-2012, 10:28 AM
If the goal had stood, I personally would have strung Rubes up at the front gates. Tiredness is no excuse to be careless - a simple through ball would have been enough. Even if the Coasties got the ball then there was no time to turn around and get back up the other end.

I just hope he learns and realises how close he came to stuffing the whole game up with rash decisions at the start and end of the game.

MFKS
23-10-2012, 11:06 AM

Is Greece far enough away though?? :lol: I would prefer something a little further away. Can he also take Jesic with him??

russjaybee
23-10-2012, 11:09 AM
I think it's easy to forget this type of thing can happen to world class players, as I stated in the other post all you have to do is look at juanfran for Spain against France recently. This of course is no excuse and let's all hope we don't have to talk about this kind of thing again. And thank fk the goal was disallowed.

The reason I was concerned about how easily (and often) we gave away the ball against the coasties was less about that game and more about games against other opposition. If we gift the ball the victory as much as we did on the weekend then we will struggle. Watching the replay we played so many non-crisp, bouncing passes when a simple quick pass along the ground was available. These lead to players receiving the ball having less time, they rush their pass and it goes astray. Saw several of these types of passes out of the middle of the park, particularly from jobe. He needs to stay focused and deliver nice sharp passes that give our wide players the most amount of time and space etc.

Grimario
23-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Is Greece far enough away though?? :lol: I would prefer something a little further away. Can he also take Jesic with him??

Straight to the moon.

I've been trying to get on the inside of WSW and have suggested that Jesic would be a perfect solution for their goal woes.

MFKS
23-10-2012, 11:32 AM
I think it's easy to forget this type of thing can happen to world class players, as I stated in the other post all you have to do is look at juanfran for Spain against France recently. This of course is no excuse and let's all hope we don't have to talk about this kind of thing again. And thank fk the goal was disallowed.

The reason I was concerned about how easily (and often) we gave away the ball against the coasties was less about that game and more about games against other opposition. If we gift the ball the victory as much as we did on the weekend then we will struggle. Watching the replay we played so many non-crisp, bouncing passes when a simple quick pass along the ground was available. These lead to players receiving the ball having less time, they rush their pass and it goes astray. Saw several of these types of passes out of the middle of the park, particularly from jobe. He needs to stay focused and deliver nice sharp passes that give our wide players the most amount of time and space etc.

Probably the most irritating thing for me in the Sydney and Gypo games is after taking leads we sat back and allowed the opposition to come at us. Our midfield lost the plot and started to sit way too deep. Ironically in the last 10 mins of each game we started to keep a bit better shape and as a result started to retain possession a bit more with the opportunity to counter being prevalent. JUst like the Foz discussion on defending of corners our midfield and attackers need to also stay far enough up the park to allow us to retain ball when we win it back in our half after a period of defending

What is also concerning is that for certain spells in these games when put under some pressure although we have shown courage by digging in we have also lost the plot with some ridiculous amount of just kicking the ball away. Many times the opposition are dominating possession and we are back defending and holding them at bay we finally get the ball off them and someone either hoofs it up the middle of the park to no one or kicks it out for a throw in. As a result the pressure continues.

I understand that at times you just need to put your foot through the ball and occasionally Get it the **** out but our blokes are taking this approach at times unnecessarily as they ain't looking to find a teammate and our players are not making the effort to turn defence into attack. Once we win the ball the priority for all players should be to take up a position to receive the ball yet far too many of our blokes are going great we are off the hook here and taking the opportunity to bludge and leave it to someone else

The Egg needs to put some serious work in here. We have some massive potential to rape some sides on the counter Goody Chilli Grifflet Zads all like to run forward.

furns
23-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Grifflet aka Snifflet aka Grifflite is at Sydney

You are presumably referring to RyGriff

the_butcher
23-10-2012, 11:59 AM

The difference is that kanta is shit

russjaybee
23-10-2012, 12:21 PM
What is also concerning is that for certain spells in these games when put under some pressure although we have shown courage by digging in we have also lost the plot with some ridiculous amount of just kicking the ball away. Many times the opposition are dominating possession and we are back defending and holding them at bay we finally get the ball off them and someone either hoofs it up the middle of the park to no one or kicks it out for a throw in. As a result the pressure continues.

I understand that at times you just need to put your foot through the ball and occasionally Get it the **** out but our blokes are taking this approach at times unnecessarily as they ain't looking to find a teammate and our players are not making the effort to turn defence into attack. Once we win the ball the priority for all players should be to take up a position to receive the ball yet far too many of our blokes are going great we are off the hook here and taking the opportunity to bludge and leave it to someone else

THIS.

Completely and whole-heartedly agree. It was so frustrating watching the play and seeing us win the ball around our box and just hoof it to their back-line or even out for a throw. This is what I mean about respecting the ball and respecting possession. We have potentially the best man in the league for holding up the ball with his back to goal yet I have not really see us use him in this way yet. I understand he's strong in the air and is thus a useful tool when defending, however imo he should be hovering just inside our half so that WHEN we win possession he can be dropping in to receiving the ball, hold it up, maybe win a foul or lay off to someone charging out of defence, thus relieving the pressure. This kind of shit should not be taken lightly and can have a massive impact on the game. Being able to break up the opposition momentum (particularly when you're team is under siege) is allows you to take a quick break physically, regain your shape and boost morale. You should not be defending backs against the wall with 10+ mins of the game left, it's just asking for trouble.

plague
23-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Also, isn't round 4 the anniversary of when we took the clipboard off Deans last year and got GVE back?

Can we get the players and fans to do one of those "one minute of clapping" that the European chaps do so well?

terry
23-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Someone start a sack slater FB page before friday night. he might get thrown and no more red rat rooter. YES

seldom
23-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Deans will stay as long as GVE is here as he doesn't feel threatened by him...why do you think others have been turfed with much higher qualifications. Deans is the yes guy.

Thomas477
23-10-2012, 10:29 PM

This is something we really need to look at, or we could just ship him off to Malta with Franny, they worked well together.

Jetmaster
24-10-2012, 07:57 AM
Would be very surprised if Jesic doesn't go to WSW at the end of his contract.

MFKS
24-10-2012, 11:25 AM
Would be very surprised if Jesic doesn't go to WSW at the end of his contract.

WSW already have enough shit players there ie Cankles

What would they need Jesic for???

Jetmaster
24-10-2012, 02:22 PM
He's from there, he has said he wants to go back home, and his best mates Topor and Tarek are there. He'd take a paycut to go home.

Admittedly, WSW management would have to take the risk on his overall shitness !

Grimario
24-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Hopefully WSW scouts are looking at Football Manager 2013 where Jesic is clearly our third best striker and has the potential to be better than Griff.

Jeterpool
24-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Hopefully WSW scouts are looking at Football Manager 2013 where Jesic is clearly our third best striker and has the potential to be better than Griff.

That will be our basis to re-sign him!

Jeterpool
24-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Something we must control in the game this weekend is the speed at which Melbourne receive the ball back after it goes out of play.

I have noticed the kids in both home matches are sitting there throwing the ball straight away to the opposition player when it goes out, often leaving us on the back foot defensively. It allows the opposition to maintain momentum in their attack and doesn't give us time to defensively regroup and reorganise.

GvE needs to get in their ears and tell them to slow down the delivery of the ball. I know they are keen and enjoy doing their little gig, but these are the little things that we need to think about that get us an advantage defensively.

Grimario
24-10-2012, 03:16 PM
18 man squad named for Friday night

1. Ben KENNEDY (gk), 3. Tiago CALVANO, 4. Josh MITCHELL, 5. Dominik RITTER, 6. Ben KANTAROVSKI, 8. Ruben ZADKOVICH, 9. Emile HESKEY, 10. Bernardo RIBEIRO, 12. Josh BRILLANTE 14. Taylor REGAN, 15. Craig GOODWIN, 16. Jobe WHEELHOUSE (c), 17. James VIRGILI, 19. Michael BRIDGES, 20. Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 22. Adam TAGGART 23. Ryan GRIFFITHS, 30. Jack DUNCAN (gk)

Unless BK aggravates his injury, Duncan will be one of the 3 dropped. Bridges and Bernardo the other 2?

Chapman, Pepper, Jesic dropped from the squad, Neville (groin), Brown (ankle) unavailable.

lil_masi
24-10-2012, 03:30 PM
18 man squad named for Friday night

1. Ben KENNEDY (gk), 3. Tiago CALVANO, 4. Josh MITCHELL, 5. Dominik RITTER, 6. Ben KANTAROVSKI, 8. Ruben ZADKOVICH, 9. Emile HESKEY, 10. Bernardo RIBEIRO, 12. Josh BRILLANTE 14. Taylor REGAN, 15. Craig GOODWIN, 16. Jobe WHEELHOUSE (c), 17. James VIRGILI, 19. Michael BRIDGES, 20. Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 22. Adam TAGGART 23. Ryan GRIFFITHS, 30. Jack DUNCAN (gk)

Unless BK aggravates his injury, Duncan will be one of the 3 dropped. Bridges and Bernardo the other 2?

Chapman, Pepper, Jesic dropped from the squad, Neville (groin), Brown (ankle) unavailable.

I would drop Reags, BK, Bridges.

Would start Brilliante at RB, dont need both him and Reags in the squad. BK is injured and Heskey to play full 90 so no need for Bridges.

Grimario
24-10-2012, 03:32 PM
I would drop Reags, BK, Bridges.

Would start Brilliante at RB, dont need both him and Reags in the squad. BK is injured and Heskey to play full 90 so no need for Bridges.
BK was injured last week as well yet still made the bench.
If injured, I would hope BK, BK and Bridges are the ones dropped but dead set, Kanta must have incriminating photos of EvE or something to still be getting in the squad.

seldom
24-10-2012, 05:17 PM
BK was injured last week as well yet still made the bench.

yeah don't understand this...if he's too injured to start why is he on the bench...what happens if Brig gets hurt or sent early in the match is he fit enough to play this long. Or was this all a smokescreen to drop him ?

Thomas477
24-10-2012, 06:49 PM
yeah don't understand this...if he's too injured to start why is he on the bench...what happens if Brig gets hurt or sent early in the match is he fit enough to play this long. Or was this all a smokescreen to drop him ?

According to NBN, due to Duncan's rep duties, we can't afford BK to be out injured.

IMO, get BK to have the f****** surgery and sign either the Magic or Olympic keepers, or see if Nashy wants a short term contract.

belchardo
24-10-2012, 06:50 PM
According to NBN, due to Duncan's rep duties, we can't afford BK to be out injured.

IMO, get BK to have the f****** surgery and sign either the Magic or Olympic keepers, or see if Nashy wants a short term contract.

yeah agree. this kind of stuff has a habit of coming back to bite you on the arse.

northern_swan
24-10-2012, 09:06 PM

After the way Nashy was treated last year, I doubt he would want one

q-money
24-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Nash was terrible

MFKS
24-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Have heard from my sauces Ry Griff sat out training today with a neck complaint.

Grimario
24-10-2012, 10:48 PM
Have heard from my sauces Ry Griff sat out training today with a neck complaint.
Good thing since that was on most news outlets already...

furns
24-10-2012, 11:27 PM
including the presser that the Jets sent out at 2pm ;)

seldom
24-10-2012, 11:42 PM
Nash was terrible

Gash :blush:

Jeterpool
25-10-2012, 07:26 AM
Good thing since that was on most news outlets already...

Still a source, right?? It's where he got his info :grin:

pv4
25-10-2012, 09:25 AM
odf - heskeycam is happening this week. any way you can please upload that shiz also?

regards,
everyone

OmeletteDuFromage
25-10-2012, 10:09 AM
odf - heskeycam is happening this week. any way you can please upload that shiz also?

regards,
everyone

Hmm, I have no idea, as I just dl the game from a site and upload to YT. I just looked and they didnt upload Del Piero cam, so I highly doubt theyll put up Heskey cam.

LINGERA
25-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Something we must control in the game this weekend is the speed at which Melbourne receive the ball back after it goes out of play.

I have noticed the kids in both home matches are sitting there throwing the ball straight away to the opposition player when it goes out, often leaving us on the back foot defensively. It allows the opposition to maintain momentum in their attack and doesn't give us time to defensively regroup and reorganise.

GvE needs to get in their ears and tell them to slow down the delivery of the ball. I know they are keen and enjoy doing their little gig, but these are the little things that we need to think about that get us an advantage defensively.

I remember when i was a little kid i ball boyed for the breakers, the guy told us that if we wanted our pies wed take our sweet time giving the oposition the ball especially if we were infront. HA!

MFKS
25-10-2012, 01:06 PM

Don't read that junk to get my news. Have about 100 emails from the Jets I haven't opened!!

Anyways

Friday, Oct 26
Newcastle Jets v Melbourne Victory
Venue: Hunter Stadium
Kick off: 7:30PM
Referee: Alan Milliner
Assistant Ref 1: Nathan MacDonald
Assistant Ref 2: Rodney Allen
Fourth official: Tim McGilchrist

Apparently Ben Williams has been dropped this round and doesn't have a match. Why???

Thomas477
25-10-2012, 01:08 PM
I remember when i was a little kid i ball boyed for the breakers, the guy told us that if we wanted our pies wed take our sweet time giving the oposition the ball especially if we were infront. HA!

Didn't GvE give a serve to the kid behind the dry hill goals in our first game vs Roarcelona last year because he gave the ball straight to Theoklitos and they scored off that play?

And @MFKS, good to see they're dropping shit refs, but its a pity they didnt crusify the round 1 bloke and instead crusified the well established ref.

Retro Jet
25-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Nash was terrible

Gash :blush:

Was that a Peter Slipper text?

Sorry. Should post something thread related..

I sincerely hope that GvE viewing the game from his perch saw the selfishness that could have resulted
in 2 more goals v sCCuM (Goodwin not squaring to Taggart andf Zad's failure to see Goodie and Tags on the left 94th min??)

LINGERA
25-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Jobe played like complete trash against CCM, turned over so much ball it wasnt funny. I thought Goodwin was outclassed to be honest, his defender seemed to have him out paced and managed to breakdown a few 1on1s fairly easily. I see alot of hate for reagan on these forums, not sure why as his style makes him one of those safe as houses defenders. very reliable, good pass completion.

Bon
25-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Jobe played like complete trash against CCM, turned over so much ball it wasnt funny. I thought Goodwin was outclassed to be honest, his defender seemed to have him out paced and managed to breakdown a few 1on1s fairly easily. I see alot of hate for reagan on these forums, not sure why as his style makes him one of those safe as houses defenders. very reliable, good pass completion.

I thought Jobe was pretty damn good against the Scum.. He has been a bit of an unsung hero in the opening games I think.. Everyone is whacking off about Goodwin, Heskey, etc (and rightfully so), but Jobe is still pulling out solid performances and doing his job well.. Sort of like Z-Man, except with his head screwed on.. hahaha..
I don't think Goodwin was outclassed, I think it was just that his last 2 performances had set the bar so high that it would be pretty amazing if he would be doing it every single game.

However I do agree with you about Regan.. I just don't understand why he is on the outer and why there is all this dislike for him on the forums? I thought he was easily our best defender last season.. Although I guess the key words there are "last season"..

MFKS
25-10-2012, 01:41 PM

Don't see Taylor as a right back for a start. Doesn't look comfortable out there for a start and don't think he has the abilities required in the attacking aspects required as a right back. Given time he may well make a good defensive RB but will still be a liability in attack.

Bloke is a centre half first and foremost and really should be pushing harder for a spot in the centre halfs ranks. Tarago has obviously stepped up a bit this season but Taylor has allowed Josh Mitchell to come in and get the jump on him. I have confidence in him as a centre half but it is up to him to kick the door down and make the spot his own. At present he is probably behind Tarago Mitchell probably Chapman as well so it is really all for TAylor to do

Jeterpool
25-10-2012, 02:32 PM
Was that a Peter Slipper text?

Sorry. Should post something thread related..

I sincerely hope that GvE viewing the game from his perch saw the selfishness that could have resulted
in 2 more goals v sCCuM (Goodwin not squaring to Taggart andf Zad's failure to see Goodie and Tags on the left 94th min??)

I think GvE saw Zad as our weakest player on the weekend. The rash tackle, which could have resulted in him being sent off within 1 minute, wouldn't have pleased him in addition to the point you mention and the continual hoofing he did mid first half (granted I feel that a fair bit of it was warranted in the circumstances. The reason for saying this is on the radio news, GvE singles Zad out saying he wanted an improved performance from him this week.

He's speaking out about his love for the fans etc this week too - so watch this space.

Isn't Zad's contract up this year?? Maybe i'm reading between the lines or seeing the start of something that might not be there.

Thomas477
25-10-2012, 02:50 PM
I think GvE saw Zad as our weakest player on the weekend. The rash tackle, which could have resulted in him being sent off within 1 minute, wouldn't have pleased him in addition to the point you mention and the continual hoofing he did mid first half (granted I feel that a fair bit of it was warranted in the circumstances. The reason for saying this is on the radio news, GvE singles Zad out saying he wanted an improved performance from him this week.

He's speaking out about his love for the fans etc this week too - so watch this space.

Isn't Zad's contract up this year?? Maybe i'm reading between the lines or seeing the start of something that might not be there.

Unless theres a better player coming in to replace him, we need to resign him asap.

MFKS
25-10-2012, 03:01 PM

There is no disputing it Zads was a little below his best last weekend and got lucky to get away with 3 things that could have ****ed our Derby plans

His tackle after 19 seconds he was lucky to get away with a yellow when a red could have been on the agenda

His tackle on Sterjovski should have been a second yellow at minimum (you could even make a case for a direct red as it was a kick into the back of a player)

His kamikaze run in the last minute when he should have played it in to either Taggz or Goody went unpunished by the benefit of a linesmans flag to deny Patty Z

Yeah he got lucky. Sure the other components of his game were a little down but the bloke has been one of our best in the first 2 games. All I see is a thinly veiled dig from the Egg telling Zads to pick it up this week. As you would expect from a Manager to a senior player who was a little below par at his last outing.

Expecting a belter from Zads

Grimario
25-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Brilliante set to start on the weekend at RB, appaz.

Tommyjet
25-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Zad was absolute shite on the weekend but his shite games are becoming fewer and farther between as he progresses. Definitely needs to tone down his tackling a notch and look for the easier better ball to play rather than then passing to the opposition 9 times out of 10 when he's trying too hard to be a playmaker. As stated before by someone don't think we have the replacement that can provide the same energy.

LINGERA
25-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Zad deadset looked like an NBN league U23 bench warmer, he gave up possession over and over again and continuously ran himself into trouble. It looked like he had no match awarness what so ever. put Regan centre mid! that kid has heart.

WolfMan
25-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Hmm, I have no idea, as I just dl the game from a site and upload to YT. I just looked and they didnt upload Del Piero cam, so I highly doubt theyll put up Heskey cam.

Only way I can think of doing it would be to wait for the game to start, press the red button on Foxtel and use a A/V to USB converter to capture it directly to a PC. (I used to do that, but now am rolling with a Mac, and stupidly my converter hardware is not compatible with Apple etc.)

Edit: Mac ready hardware is available, but I can't justify forking out over $100 for the same thing I already own. I would be able to lend / give my current A/V to USB converter to somebody who could put it to good use?

Damo Lovelock
25-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Any word on how ticket sales are going for this?

hawk
25-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Zad was absolute shite on the weekend but his shite games are becoming fewer and farther between as he progresses. Definitely needs to tone down his tackling a notch and look for the easier better ball to play rather than then passing to the opposition 9 times out of 10 when he's trying too hard to be a playmaker. As stated before by someone don't think we have the replacement that can provide the same energy.

He occasionally slips up but only through enthusiasm. I'll back this guy on attitude, energy and the willingness to get stuck in. He also pressures other teams into mistakes and disrupts rhythm. forza

Buddha
26-10-2012, 12:47 AM

regards,
everyone
If he can keep reproducing those maradona turns like he did last week, everybody will get money's worth

pv4
26-10-2012, 06:07 AM
He occasionally slips up but only through enthusiasm. I'll back this guy on attitude, energy and the willingness to get stuck in. He also pressures other teams into mistakes and disrupts rhythm. forza

yep

BodyNovo
26-10-2012, 09:18 AM
zadkovich paying $6 to score might be worth a punt, hes bound to get on of these row z hitters shanked into the the net.

au revoir
26-10-2012, 09:43 AM
zadkovich paying $6 to score might be worth a punt, hes bound to get on of these row z hitters shanked into the the net.

truth

ForeverRed
26-10-2012, 09:46 AM
I thought Jobe was pretty damn good against the Scum.. He has been a bit of an unsung hero in the opening games I think.. Everyone is whacking off about Goodwin, Heskey, etc (and rightfully so), but Jobe is still pulling out solid performances and doing his job well.. Sort of like Z-Man, except with his head screwed on.. hahaha..
I don't think Goodwin was outclassed, I think it was just that his last 2 performances had set the bar so high that it would be pretty amazing if he would be doing it every single game.

However I do agree with you about Regan.. I just don't understand why he is on the outer and why there is all this dislike for him on the forums? I thought he was easily our best defender last season.. Although I guess the key words there are "last season"..

surely your kidding, Rogic would love to play against Jobe everyweek, it was like boys against men in the first half, Jobe was nowhere to be seen, How his our captain,and gets a start each week baffles me,

Bremsstrahlung
26-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Re: Zad.
In previous seasons I didn't get the whole Zad-love. Though, this season he's stepped it up. I still think he's similar to Tiago in the fact that a brain snap can all but cost you the game. Though, if I was coaching a team, I'd want somebody with a bit of passion, someone that never stops and gets stuck in, Zad's your man.
A bit more of smart football, and he'd be one of our best.

Our composure in the last 10 minutes against gypos was terrible. We could have finished them off 3-1 on about 3 occassions. We had them outnumbered so often, all we needed was some simply, draw, pass, draw pass, draw pass. 2-on-keeper. From memory, Zad had one, Goodwin had 2, and somebody else had one I think...

pv4
26-10-2012, 10:59 AM
kanta had an open goal and didn't go for it.

goaliepersempre
26-10-2012, 11:01 AM
kanta had an open goal and didn't go for it.

beat me to it.

"and lets not forget kanta, having an open goal when matt ryan stuff up. Whole stadium was saying shoooot. lol"

MFKS
26-10-2012, 12:06 PM
FFS KAnta has had what 3 shots at goal in his career. Bloke don't know how to shoot

pv4
26-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Bloke don't know how to shoot

lolwat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r79qdhxqaWI

MFKS
26-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Hope Jesic was credited for an assist on that. :wink::lol:

It was after all his usual useless corner that didn't get past the first man that started that free flowing move that ended in a sublime finish from Kanta

namwob99
26-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Don't blame him, had a chance to become Heart's first ever goal scorer and took it well!!

The Dunster
26-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Jobe and Zad are the types of players I want to be playing for the Jets. The do a lot of the heavy lifting so to speak and yet some here ignore their strengths and conjure up talk of their alleged failings.

I look forward to both of them having big games tonight.

MFKS
26-10-2012, 01:05 PM
I am most looking forward to seeing Foschini getting owned by Goody all night long. Chances of this happening are ridiculously short

LINGERA
26-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Jobe and Zad are the types of players I want to be playing for the Jets. The do a lot of the heavy lifting so to speak and yet some here ignore their strengths and conjure up talk of their alleged failings.

Zad turned over possesion with almost every touch of the ball last week, there is no way of justifying this.

Grimario
26-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Zad turned over possesion with almost every touch of the ball last week, there is no way of justifying this.

Apart from the sweeping cross field balls that put Goodwin in space 80% of the time.

Or was that Jobe?

LINGERA
26-10-2012, 01:51 PM
jobe i think.

funny stats ---> Ruben Zadkovich

Shots Shots on Target Goals
2012 22 1 1
2011 24 5 2
2010 117 18 5

Thats some shite stats right there, good conversion rate for shots on target tho i must say

sh10
26-10-2012, 01:57 PM
117 shots in 2010???

Grimario
26-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Who owns those "funny stats"? Certainly can't be RubeZ considering I think he has 2 or 3 goals for us tops.

LINGERA
26-10-2012, 02:24 PM
ok so the table i was reading was messed up actual stats are not as bad but still

Year- Shots- Shots on Target- Goals
2012- 22- 5- 1

sh10
26-10-2012, 02:57 PM
its game day cunce, get pumped

MFKS
26-10-2012, 02:58 PM
its game day cunce, get pumped
Come On you arseholes

LINGERA
26-10-2012, 03:06 PM
whos that NYG player in MFKS avatar?

MFKS
26-10-2012, 03:09 PM
???:confused:

Grimario
26-10-2012, 03:12 PM
???:confused:

:confused:

:eek:

The Dunster
26-10-2012, 03:56 PM

Pretty much tells us all we need to know.

LINGERA
26-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Eli Manning?

Vandenberg13
26-10-2012, 04:00 PM
the Vandenwagon is on the road from sydney
see ya soon

Chadandkira12
26-10-2012, 04:02 PM
lolwat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r79qdhxqaWI

That goal won me a lot of $$$$ had a multi on that night for wello vs gcu to draw ad same for jets vs heart.

Grimario
26-10-2012, 04:10 PM
2-0, goals to Ivanhoe and Oliver Giroud.

MFKS
26-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Eli Manning?

What you smoking pal???

:roflz::wacko::confused:

seldom
26-10-2012, 05:04 PM

I like rubes but he should be paying $60 to score ffs

seldom
26-10-2012, 05:06 PM

Totally agree

Grimario
26-10-2012, 05:33 PM
On the road from Maitland, whoop. Have to remember to pick up mine and the wife's membership stuff.

weston
26-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Where's ribeiro?

Grimario
26-10-2012, 06:52 PM
I know it takes a lot of guts to get up on stage and play music to a crowd... But these guys must haveNmore guts than most to playin front of crowd when you arethatawful.

Muswellbrookian
26-10-2012, 07:33 PM
I know it takes a lot of guts to get up on stage and play music to a crowd... But these guys must haveNmore guts than most to playin front of crowd when you arethatawful.

They got a band in to play NTUA live again?

OmeletteDuFromage
26-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Where's ribeiro?

My thoughts exactly.

weston
26-10-2012, 07:43 PM
Have been looking forward to watching him, was good in the cameo appearance he made, hasn't been seen since? What's up with that?

Rocky
26-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Wish we would play more long balls -.-

westjet
26-10-2012, 08:29 PM
great half from birra, kept us in the game so far

Where's ribeiro?

agree, having kanta and zad playing together just isnt working. losing too many balls and not breaking down victory mids and drawing the backs out to create space, need a creative player in there and isnt that why we got ribiero?

and stop the shit long ball crap, we are supposed to be a possesion team!!!

Rocky
26-10-2012, 08:43 PM
**** me, how good is Birraz!

Muswellbrookian
26-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Heskey again! This bloke...

Muswellbrookian
26-10-2012, 08:50 PM
TWO? I'd use an army of bloody lolzturtles™ right now if we were playing the Gypos!

OmeletteDuFromage
26-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Heskey bicycle? Oh my...

westjet
26-10-2012, 08:54 PM
how good is this bloke. come on first hatrick for the jets!

weston
26-10-2012, 09:04 PM
On my way to Townsville though my sister sent me some vids of heskey doing his thing. 2 great goals :D

Muswellbrookian
26-10-2012, 09:05 PM
This team, ffs. Sort the defence out, muppets!

Muswellbrookian
26-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Why do we have to make every game nervous? Can't we just wrap it up with confidence for once?

OmeletteDuFromage
26-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Why do we have to make every game nervous? Can't we just wrap it up with confidence for once?

^This.

Muswellbrookian
26-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Still not convinced we have the defence to achieve anything spectacular this season, to be honest.

westjet
26-10-2012, 09:17 PM
yeah would love to one day enjoy the last 10 knowing the game is safe. just waiting for us to go to the corner and pretend we are good at holding possesion there.

westjet
26-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Still not convinced we have the defence to achieve anything spectacular this season, to be honest.

yeah same, they can do some stupid things and not sure they can delivery 90 mins without a brain explosion.

Blackmac79
26-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Well that was fun.

westjet
26-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Much improved 2nd half - good work by gary with the change of formation and spray he gave them at half time.

Positives - birra - my man of match, has made it next to impossible for bk to overtake him if he keeps that form going
- thought jobe had a great game, cut out of lot of mistakes by those around him
- heskey's goals, thought he would be great in a-league and so far is proving it, could see him winning the golden boot if we go far this season

Negatives - long balls, especially first half (pretty sure that was what gary was giving them the spray for at half time)
- kanta and zad together - much improved in second half when zad was pushed wide - too many miss hit passes or miss controlled balls putting the team under pressure when the two of the play (keep zad drop kanta)
- defence still isnt settled - need the same 4 in there consistently so we can try and cut out the stupid mistakes and brain explosions

But most importantly Jets top of the league :yay:

Muswellbrookian
26-10-2012, 10:06 PM
When does normal service resume?

boz-monaut
anyone see the crowd figure?

bjquick
Did Heskey cam keep going after Heskey got benched?

skippy
26-10-2012, 10:10 PM
How the **** Victory managed to lose that game is beyond me, putting your chances away wins matches.

But our first half in defence was abysmal and we should have been by at least 2 going into the 2nd half.

howardyou
26-10-2012, 10:10 PM
crowd was nearly 14k.

Wheelhouse was horrible in the 1st half. better in the 2nd.
Josh Mitchell. Dear oh dear. Have a seat son.

I'm not convinced that we are world beaters at all. But look at the difference of having a poacher in the side. All the good teams have one.
We are grinding out results this year that would have been a draw or loss last year.

Kanta was good.

westjet
26-10-2012, 10:12 PM

Rocky
26-10-2012, 10:20 PM
At the end of the day we played exactly as well as we needed to to get the result, if we can do that every game this season, I'll be happy.

stopper2
26-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Agree on the comments about our defence but I think it's more a case of Mitchell and Tiago making too many careless errors as CB's. Ritter and Brillante on the other hand were two of our best. Ritter in my opinion has been probably our most consistent performer over the opening four games while Brillante had one of the best starting debuts of a Jets player I've seen for quite a while. Only four games in and Heskey has proven that if you give him the service....he will score goals....he OWNS the six yard box!!!! As has been well-documented he wasn't a prolific scorer in the EPL, I bet deep down he would be loving this purple patch of goal scoring now in the HAL.

Tommyjet
26-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Wheelhouse was the only player wanting the ball in the first half and eventually the others in the midfield realised they needed to get open. Feel sorry for Mitchell a bit every time he was on the ball no one was moving on the left and they pushed up on wheelhouse and forced the error from Mitchell when his only option was to pump it long.someones been in his ear about too many long balls I think.
Birra had a top game, can see him getting really settled in with every game. Brillante was also solid, only got fooled once by Archie.
All in all solid performance in the second half but I have not much confidence in our centre back pairing. One thing is for sure tiago will most definitely be suspended before rd 10.

Muswellbrookian
26-10-2012, 10:37 PM
Had to laugh at Milligan trying to palm Heskey's shot out of the net and then claiming handball from the big guy. Typical bloody Victory player.

Jeterpool
26-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Agree on the comments about our defence but I think it's more a case of Mitchell and Tiago making too many careless errors as CB's. Ritter and Brillante on the other hand were two of our best. Ritter in my opinion has been probably our most consistent performer over the opening four games while Brillante had one of the best starting debuts of a Jets player I've seen for quite a while. Only four games in and Heskey has proven that if you give him the service....he will score goals....he OWNS the six yard box!!!! As has been well-documented he wasn't a prolific scorer in the EPL, I bet deep down he would be loving this purple patch of goal scoring now in the HAL.

Have to disagree about Ritter, especially first half tonight. He was right in front if us and he was caught out numerous times.

Yes defence is an issue. Mitchell was very mixed tonight. When Archie broke through for his cross first half he just couldn't keep up! It's a shame Chapman is heading away. Regan should get a run next week.

On the other hand Kanta had his best game in ages. Well done mate!

Thomas477
26-10-2012, 10:41 PM
Did Heskey cam keep going after Heskey got benched?

Became Bridgycam.

lil_masi
26-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Mitchell was one of our worst again. So many mistakes that lead to chances. Made mistakes in nearly every game that have been costly. Throw in Regan

pv4
26-10-2012, 10:45 PM
early season results gets you places. see perf from last season.

I don't get this "they played too much longball so Gary sprayed them at halftime" nonsense - it's garys gameplan! the players don't make these plays/ideas up themselves - they're under strict instruction from the coach to do that stuff.

stopper2
26-10-2012, 10:48 PM
Had to laugh at Milligan trying to palm Heskey's shot out of the net and then claiming handball from the big guy. Typical bloody Victory player.
Once again Milligan proved that he is one of the most over-rated players in Australia. I just can't see why he is rated so highly and gets in Socceroo squads consistently.

Jeterpool
26-10-2012, 10:50 PM

Yeah I saw that too. Funny stuff.

"It can't be a goal ref! I handled it! Didn't you see? Look at the screen! Tell him to take it back to the spot!........what?.........you'd have to send me off why?"

Douche

front2
26-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Yeah I saw that too. Funny stuff.

Double that. Milligan you mooron.

Just saw Tiagos goal assist for Archie. Gold effort.

Grimario
26-10-2012, 11:17 PM
They got a band in to play NTUA live again?

No, some shitty local band doing covers. Don't know if they are as bad as I made out or if they just sounded ****ing atrocious over the PA. They are playing at the Maitland Brewery in a few weekends though so they must be pretty big.

supasub
26-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Can I just highlight something. If a club is to have an alternative strip, it shouldn't clash with anyone.
Seeing Mark Birighitti having to change and wear a navy blue or black keeper jersey because it "clashed" with victory's strip is an outrage. When designing an alternative strip it shouldn't clash with anyone.

supasub
26-10-2012, 11:22 PM
No, some shitty local band doing covers. Don't know if they are as bad as I made out or if they just sounded ****ing atrocious over the PA. They are playing at the Maitland Brewery in a few weekends though so they must be pretty big.

Broadway Mile, are not very well known, however I've gigged with them. They were no. 1 on triple J unearthed charts for 2 months straight, gigging with british india and have been support acts for bluejuice and other fairly well known bands. It was most deifnetly the PA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7KDTB81xq0

supasub
26-10-2012, 11:29 PM

13 900 approx.

The Dunster
26-10-2012, 11:31 PM
Broadway Mile, are not very well known, however I've gigged with them. They were no. 1 on triple J unearthed charts for 2 months straight, gigging with british india and have been support acts for bluejuice and other fairly well known bands. It was most deifnetly the PA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7KDTB81xq0

They were and are ****ing terrible.

The youtube clip confirms it. They have a sound that would only interest teenage girls or blokes wishing they were teenage girls.

Grimario
26-10-2012, 11:34 PM

The youtube clip confirms it. They have a sound that would only interest teenage girls or blokes wishing they were teenage girls.

Far more eloquently put than I could have conjured at this time of day.

evolution
26-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Can I just highlight something. If a club is to have an alternative strip, it shouldn't clash with anyone.
Seeing Mark Birighitti having to change and wear a navy blue or black keeper jersey because it "clashed" with victory's strip is an outrage. When designing an alternative strip it shouldn't clash with anyone.

Seeing as the Victory have been using that away kit for over a season now, you'd think the Jets would have the foresight to give Birraz a jersey that's maybe say... black, white, navy, grey, orange or pink etc!

supasub
26-10-2012, 11:43 PM

.. Well thats your opinion, I find them bearable. however this is hardly relevent to the match.

On another note, its a great feeling currenntly being on top of the ladder !!

Grimario
26-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Is there a reason why we had 3 forwards on the bench? Would have thought maybe a defender would have been an option given our proclivity to have people sent off.

Not that I care given the result and all but it seemed an odd choice.

militiamon
26-10-2012, 11:50 PM
We were pretty awful in the first half. Deserved to be down at least 2 goals. Second half performance was better, although I still think the goals came out of nothing.

Heskey is clearly the best goalscorer in the league in terms of his experience and technique, although that shouldn't really have been a surprise to anyone given his pedigree. As someone pointed out earlier in the week, it's brilliant that we finally got our man after about 3-4 seasons of searching. My main concern is that without Heskey we wouldn't have won tonight. I know that GVE pointed out during the week that we have been playing in a manner that is too direct and the team is working on it, but ffs, it's been 4 games now and there's no sign of improvement with regard to playing out from the back, dominating midfield, and playing along the ground to the strikers.

Is there a reason why we had 3 forwards on the bench? Would have thought maybe a defender would have been an option given our proclivity to have people sent off.

Not that I care given the result and all but it seemed an odd choice.

Yes, it was another risky move from GVE. All it would have taken was for a central defender or midfielder to be injured and we would have been screwed, no obvious replacement for them without jeopardising another position. I get the feeling that it was partly forced by the fact that Bridges was left out last week, might have been to appease him.

Lionel Hutz
26-10-2012, 11:59 PM
Birraz was MOM for me, he saved us on numerous occasions tonight, i was glad heskey scored a double but still birraz was a stand out tonight for me.

WolfMan
27-10-2012, 12:11 AM
Tiago can't even get credit for his assist...

And then... how's this bloke's form on Twitter??

@mutewai: @MarkBirraz Mark ****ing Birighitti. You are the king of Newcastle tonight. I'll take you to reading cinemas anytime you want for 12 months.

:lulz:

seldom
27-10-2012, 01:24 AM
Don't get the Jobe hate and Kanta love from tonights game...thought wheelhouse was outstanding and honestly it was 20mins 16 secs into the game when I realised Kanta was playing. Not lying 10 mins into the 2nd half my daughter said they've brought Kantarovski on. Heskey was good,Hawkes main man Tiago was great again,Rubes was below par for his high standard,Mitchell must be just hanging on to his spot (stop trying to make Tiago type runs cause you can't),Birraz was good and all the others were solid imo.

And couldnt work out Mlb tactics...Flores playing striker but was dropping very deep to pick up ball with the outside men still hugging the touchlines,hence no striker. Then 2nd half 2 nil down still playing with 5 defenders...very unAnge like.

Beeen
27-10-2012, 03:59 AM
Van Egmond, i hate your tactics they are unbearable. Disgusting first half no connection coming from defence into midfield. Desperately defend a two-nil lead with twenty minutes to go love it.

Brillante, Mitchell and Kanta should be dropped.

The band sucked, Mid-strength sucks and the away support sucked. The perks of being on top.

northern_swan
27-10-2012, 08:00 AM
Thought bay 1/2 worked well together tonight. Hopefully we can build on it for the future.

Lulz at the secco who seemed to have an agenda of getting timmy kicked out. Higher ups moved him on to elsewhere in the stadium. Tool.

Superdylan
27-10-2012, 08:33 AM
Great 2 goals by heskey :) something I'm not happy about is letting in a late goal after being up by 2 goals for the 3rd straight week.

I still think we need to play either Perth or Brisbane to see where we are at.

Vandenberg13
27-10-2012, 08:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hK0RBqOsxw&feature=youtu.be

^^^^^^
get your eyes on that

moses
27-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Good vid.

Jets deserve to be playing to full houses, 13 grand on a friday is a dis grace.

sneaky
27-10-2012, 08:43 AM
i thought JObe was outstanding tonight kanta went missing so did zad compared to Jobe. He had so many positive touches and rarely lost the ball.
Biras MOM
ryan good
Tiago was excellent

sneaky
27-10-2012, 08:46 AM
Should have mentioned Ritter
He was excellent last night 2.

plague
27-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Heskey.
Tiago.
Jobe.
Standing ovation for Heskey by Newy lads on tour in Melbourne.
Cox plate day.

Caaarrrrrrnnnnnn.

Superdylan
27-10-2012, 08:48 AM
Good vid.

Jets deserve to be playing to full houses, 13 grand on a friday is a dis grace.

Well it was just under 14,000. Massive improvement on the 6000 crowds in season 5, I spose we had a shocker season the year before at that time.

I think when we play Sydney fc we should be aiming for 25,000

WolfMan
27-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Van Egmond, i hate your tactics they are unbearable. Disgusting first half no connection coming from defence into midfield.

Agree regarding the connection between defence and midfield; was poor in the 1st half. Midfield looked to be running away instead of offering support. Even Brillante would push too high up and put a Victory player between himself and the ball when Tiago was looking to play out.

One thing I did notice was a positional rotation between Brillante, Zadkovich and Ryu. On transition, Brillante was pushing up the Right flank, Ryu would trot into the centre and Zadkovich came across to where Brillante normally would be.

It didn't work, as Victory were employing a Zonal marking system, but I can definitely see it working for teams that rigidly man-mark. Fair play to GVE for trying it out and then also knowing it wasn't working and changing it at Half-Time.

westjet
27-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Whats the rule with Milligans handball - does the fact it went in mean it cant be a red card and did he get a yellow at least?

Vandenberg13
27-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Whats the rule with Milligans handball - does the fact it went in mean it cant be a red card and did he get a yellow at least?

im pretty sure its eitheir or
meh not saying we would of missed the penalty, but im happy we got the amount of goals we needed

27-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Wonderful result last night but christ Mitchell is a worry. Some of his passing must surely have GVE thinking. Its a nice a problem when your battling to pick some stand outs from so many solid efforts.

Tiago certainly most improved, answering his critics in the best fashion possible and not to mention his " f&^k you don't rub me the wrong way mentality ".

The Dunster
27-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Lulz at the secco who seemed to have an agenda of getting timmy kicked out. Higher ups moved him on to elsewhere in the stadium. Tool.

We don't need gypo seccos at games. Someone should make a formal complaint.

Mitchy
27-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Good times.

pv4
27-10-2012, 10:56 AM
head here (http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?355-Supporters-Player-Voting-Rd4) to vote for your MoM.

my understanding of milligan's handball - if it stops a certain goal it's a red, if not it's a yellow. the ref played advantage from the incident, and milligan should have been followed up with a card. he wasn't given a card though. poor officiating.

in regards to mitchell - if i was a cb and was given the serious lack of options that mitchell was given time&time again last night, i'd imagine i'd lose the ball heaps aswell. gary had us playing a game where in attack we bunched ourselves up, particularly out wide, and the guy on the ball was left stranded with no options. it happened to mitchell, jobe, tiago and at times zad - melbourne compressed pretty well when we had the ball in our defensive line, and we were lost for thought. i still rate him, and i wouldn't have expected regan to do any better in similar shoes last night tbh. plus - chapman should be given a gig before regan.

we were lucky that melbourne couldn't bury their chances early on - that game could have easily been a hammering to us.

militiamon
27-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Cred where cred is due, I was critical of Birighitti in past performances but he was virtually flawless last night, saved us a few times. Hoping that this is a sign of him becoming more settled.

parksey
27-10-2012, 01:57 PM
I actually think we played some decent football having just watched the game. We did get torn up at the back at times, and the long ball was used every now and then, but we held the ball pretty well and looked dangerous in the second half. We were lucky that Victory didn't convert a few of those first half chances, though.

I didn't realise Thompson's goal came from a Tiago cross.

parksey
27-10-2012, 02:06 PM
How was GvE's rev up at half time. :soapbox:

Superdylan
27-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Lolz to dr3w's dance that made the telecast.

ForeverRed
27-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Lolz to dr3w's dance that made the telecast.
credit where credits due, I thought van egmonds idea to play kanta was spot on, I have often bagged him but I thought ange was out coached last night, we still have to stop giving teams opportunities, we are going to get smacked one day for it, josh mitchell give the ball away for fun last night, if he was any good perth would have kept him, bring back taylor and where the hell is riberio, check spelling

derajydac
27-10-2012, 05:10 PM
Still frothing over the win last night. :grin:

List of Heskey's confirmed bitches:

1- Sydney FC
2- Gypos
3- Melbourne Victory

twenty2one
27-10-2012, 06:39 PM
With nearly a whole new team and the fact they are scoring goals, when we couldnt buy goals last season, is making the Jets look good and players look good. Really hope Heskey will be able nurse his injury and also handle the hot weather when it comes.
Birra's played well but hope he doesnt get to cocky and starts showing off cause troubles will follow. Sorry I am a BK fan and Im sure he would have been playing if not for his knee. People forget he played with confidence last season despite the team struggling at times, which wasnt BK's fault, often keeping the team in the game. So if he was a 100% fit, why shouldnt he be playing?

Thomas477
27-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Birra's played well but hope he doesnt get to cocky and starts showing off cause troubles will follow. Sorry I am a BK fan and Im sure he would have been playing if not for his knee. People forget he played with confidence last season despite the team struggling at times, which wasnt BK's fault, often keeping the team in the game. So if he was a 100% fit, why shouldnt he be playing?

Simply? If he hasn't been impressing GvE in training and preseason matches why should he be playing? Added to the fact almost all of Biraz's brilliant saves last night would have been watched into the goal by Kennedy while he blamed the defence. Added to the fact Biraz seems much more comfortable with his kicking compared to BK.

We can't be playing players just on what they've done in the past. They need to prove themselves week in, week out and this will ony help our club get better. If Kennedy wants to play and not push himself, he can go back to the NBN league.

GazFish35
27-10-2012, 08:00 PM
We can't be playing players just on what they've done in the past.

but we can hate on them forever based on what they've done in the past.

Thomas477
27-10-2012, 09:00 PM

Yep :D

furns
27-10-2012, 09:03 PM
but we can hate on them forever based on what they've done in the past.its what sustains us when we inevitably revisit season 4 form again

seldom
27-10-2012, 09:10 PM
With nearly a whole new team and the fact they are scoring goals, when we couldnt buy goals last season, is making the Jets look good and players look good. Really hope Heskey will be able nurse his injury and also handle the hot weather when it comes.

Hey Ben...what's happening...bit of time on your hands ay

MFKS
27-10-2012, 09:18 PM
credit where credits due, I thought van egmonds idea to play kanta was spot on, I have often bagged him but I thought ange was out coached last night, we still have to stop giving teams opportunities, we are going to get smacked one day for it, josh mitchell give the ball away for fun last night, if he was any good perth would have kept him, bring back taylor and where the hell is riberio, check spelling

I thought Ange won the battle of coaches hands down even if his team didn't get the result.

GVE missed a massive trick by not focusing on getting in behind Victree more. In my eyes they are incredibly vulnerable to this and I was baffled as to why with 25 mins to go and a 2-0 lead Chilli and Taggz who both have some pace were not brought on to play on the last man and try and beat the offside trap. When they did get on Chilli got away once and got a corner and Taggz got away in the last minute and shot at Coe when he really should have squared it to an unmarked Zads. I reckon if we had of went for this ploy with a 2-0 lead with 25-30mins to go we could have easily put 4-5 past them. Matter of fact I am pissed we weren't looking to get in behind them all night as we would have had more success in the first 55mins until Heskeytime struck.

I feel Ange got the game played the way he wanted in the first half. High Line playing a Back 5 across the park. 4 man midfield playing in a line across the park Flores up front a the go to option to play off. This back 5 and midfield 4 were only about 15-20 yards apart. It allowed us to have all the ball we wanted and a complete lack of space in midfield. As we don't really have the mids in Kanta/Jobe/Zads to run in behind we were relying on Griff and Goody. Griffs opponent Traore had a blinder of a game and kept Griffo in check. Goody was a little out of sorts last night and seemed to be unable to get the "bounce" of the ball with many times it refusing to sit for him. Also as our central midfield trio of Zads Jobe and Kanta have limited levels of creativity between them we were pretty much stuffed at breaking Victree down.

Victree when they maintained their shape and allowed us the ball then pressed in midfield jammed up space and won the ball and then countered. It was a pity for their sake there finishing was poor and our keeper was in form or they could have been 2-3 up at HT

Ange won that battle hands down even if they didn't get the result on the scoreboard to justify it.

Second half game changed on a deflection and Heskey reacting and Victree defence and keeper being out of position/lazy

Last nights game just reinforced to me that this triumvate of Kanta/Jobe/Zads doesn't work. One of them has to go. My pick Kanta. As far as I am concerned Kanta should be punted to centre half role permanently because I don't think he is remotely ever gonna be a top quality midfielder.

I feel the Egg got his selection wrong last night in the wake of Victrees tactic. Bernardo would have been more use to us in Central Midfield than Kanta as his invention and creativity would have had been useful to us in unlocking Victrees defence than whatever the hell Kanta brings to the team in the Eggs eyes.

It also raised some severe concerns about our progress this season with out the quality player in the centre of the park. Hopefully Bernardo gets in there eventually and does the business. It would also be worth pointing out how good it would be to also have Culina with us because he would also fit the bill.

Hopefully the Egg still has some maneuverability in the salary cap and can rid us of Jesic and bring in the player in this area we so desperately need. Even see if we can get Nicky Carle back wouldn't be the worst idea

twenty2one
27-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Simply? If he hasn't been impressing GvE in training and preseason matches why should he be playing? Added to the fact almost all of Biraz's brilliant saves last night would have been watched into the goal by Kennedy while he playe the defence. Added to the fact Biraz seems much more comfortable with his kicking compared to BK.

We can't be playing players just on what they've done in the past. They need to prove themselves week in, week out and this will ony help our club get better. If Kennedy wants to play and not push himself, he can go back to the NBN league.

You really have no idea do you, do you know what goes on at training? BK has been injured the whole preseason with his knee, but when called on to play in Sydney he played well considering he had been vomiting and on a drip in a sydney hospital the night before the game and a knee that is not 100%, they won the game, oh and to top it off BK got save of the week, go figure

MFKS
27-10-2012, 10:40 PM
You really have no idea do you, do you know what goes on at training? BK has been injured the whole preseason with his knee, but when called on to play in Sydney he played well considering he had been vomiting and on a drip in a sydney hospital the night before the game and a knee that is not 100%, they won the game, oh and to top it off BK got save of the week, go figure

To me that sounds like an excuse for why BK is No 2 and Birraz is No 1. Birraz has been signed in my opinion to be the No 1 by the Egg and the Egg has seen enough in pre season and training to give Birraz the No 1 gig to start the season. After getting sent off Birraz was straight back in after suspension.

Believe all you want that BK is only No 2 because of his knee situation. Reality is BK is No 2 because that where the Egg sees him in the pecking order. Behind Birraz

Bloke had a blinder last night and showed his quality. Even took the piss in the second half ducking out of his goal for a drink behind the net when Victory took a free kick in our half.

How Newy:lulzturtle:

q-money
27-10-2012, 10:49 PM
birraz eh - the bloke still can't catch, didn't have to stop many crosses from memory last night

thomas477 aka birraz's chief fluffer...at least admit you love the bloke in a sexual manner like i love BK

MFKS
27-10-2012, 10:52 PM

We talking about Jesic or someone else??

Thomas477
27-10-2012, 11:43 PM

Mate if he's been injured the whole preseason why the **** hasn't he had surgery yet to repair it? He's had 6 months. Seems to be if BK was indeed the Egg's #1 he would have had it ASAP rather than limp on. The Member summed it up perfectly.

As for the Sydney game, once you step on the pitch the opposition won't take pity on you because you were in hospital. They will try their best no matter what, it's why they're professionals. As for save of week, which "save" was it? I can only think of one that he did and to be fair he did well to get behind it but it was hit straight at him. However he dropped the ball a few times, one almost resulting in a goal, had poor positioning for ADP free kick and didn't look convincing when he tried coming out to make a save. One good save does not make up for 90 minutes of subpar performance.

And q, mate I'm just glad we finally have a confident young keeper who is actually pretty good (only 3 games in mind you). And I will not confirm or deny any rumors :lulz:

GazFish35
28-10-2012, 07:43 AM
We talking about Jesic or someone else??

No. To be hated on for what you've done in he past you have to have done something. He has done nothing.

Vandenberg13
28-10-2012, 08:00 AM
birraz eh - the bloke still can't catch, didn't have to stop many crosses from memory last night

thomas477 aka birraz's chief fluffer...at least admit you love the bloke in a sexual manner like i love BK

birrah stopped atleast 3 really important shots on friday

traore's stinger from 30 out was clearly going in
Rojas's in the first minute that i presume that was going in
Thompson's shot across the face of goal that he saved with his leg

i was really impressed with what he had to do

Grunta
28-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Credit to HSG for giving local bands an opportunity to entertain the crowd before the start of the games. Haven't seen other clubs doing this (or just not being shown on Fox). Hope we see more of it. Although music critics on here may not have appreciated the effort most of the crowd did. Just saying.

longshot
28-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Credit to HSG for giving local bands an opportunity to entertain the crowd before the start of the games. Haven't seen other clubs doing this (or just not being shown on Fox). Hope we see more of it. Although music critics on here may not have appreciated the effort most of the crowd did. Just saying.

Have to agree with you, I thought the band were pretty good at the first home game. The club is keeping it local and giving local bands a chance. So good on them. So we should be showing our support. Things are pretty good at the moment all round. Record members, on the pitch, good feelings etc. Lets keep it going.

BodyNovo
28-10-2012, 09:47 AM
BK!!!!

twenty2one
28-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Mate if he's been injured the whole preseason why the **** hasn't he had surgery yet to repair it? He's had 6 months. Seems to be if BK was indeed the Egg's #1 he would have had it ASAP rather than limp on. The Member summed it up perfectly.

As for the Sydney game, once you step on the pitch the opposition won't take pity on you because you were in hospital. They will try their best no matter what, it's why they're professionals. As for save of week, which "save" was it? I can only think of one that he did and to be fair he did well to get behind it but it was hit straight at him. However he dropped the ball a few times, one almost resulting in a goal, had poor positioning for ADP free kick and didn't look convincing when he tried coming out to make a save. One good save does not make up for 90 minutes of subpar performance.

And q, mate I'm just glad we finally have a confident young keeper who is actually pretty good (only 3 games in mind you). And I will not confirm or deny any rumors :lulz:

Mate, I believe that BK asked to have his knee seen too in the preseason but the powers to be thought they could manage it, hardly BK's fault. Also note that I actually said Birra's played well, just hoping he doesnt get too cocky as it could be his downfall, like another player did last season. Unless you know for sure whats going on with BK, don't judge or rubbish him, be a loyal fan of the whole team

NewcastleForLife
28-10-2012, 12:55 PM

I thought the reason BK isn't getting treated is because Duncan will be with the Young Socceroos through-out the season and we can't be in a situation having only one goalkeeper.

I don't get all the BK hate/biri love, tbh I think they have about equal skill, BK maybe edging it out. Seems like everyone is remembering the BK days before Covic came along and when BK had to step up his game to compete with Young. The same thing happened when Young was around (and I think BK was better than Young), everyone calling for Young to be #1 constantly.
I like how we have two goalkeepers fighting for the position, and I think they have equal skill although Biri probably has room to grow while I can't see BK getting much better.

militiamon
28-10-2012, 01:04 PM
^ Good calls.

BK = Newy boy, proven A-League goalkeeper, 2011/12 player of the season, experience, saved that pen against GC

Birighitti = currently the favoured goalkeeper by GVE, unknown, inexperienced, so far 1 shit game, 1 so-so game and 1 good game

Will back whoever is the current keeper as long as they are playing well, but BK always has my respect.

PS Nash = gash

zorse
28-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Still frothing over the win last night. :grin:

List of Heskey's confirmed bitches:

1- Sydney FC
2- Gypos
3- Melbourne Victory

Galekovic? He didn't score against him but still...

Thomas477
28-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Mate, I believe that BK asked to have his knee seen too in the preseason but the powers to be thought they could manage it, hardly BK's fault. Also note that I actually said Birra's played well, just hoping he doesnt get too cocky as it could be his downfall, like another player did last season. Unless you know for sure whats going on with BK, don't judge or rubbish him, be a loyal fan of the whole team

Well if he did its good to see he has common sense. Agree with the cocky statement, but I doubt he will after just one great game. Who are you referring to from last season? As for judging BK, I can and will judge him on his onfield performances, it's my right as a fan.

As for loyalty mate, I have supported this club from the Breakers to United to the highs of the Championship to the lows of the spoon (as to be fair, many others have). Do not lecture me on supporting this team.

sh10
28-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Tiago can't even get credit for his assist...

****ing lol

all them imports look the same

Pico
29-10-2012, 08:34 AM
^ Good calls.

BK = Newy boy, proven A-League goalkeeper, 2011/12 player of the season, experience, saved that pen against GC

Birighitti = currently the favoured goalkeeper by GVE, unknown, inexperienced, so far 1 shit game, 1 so-so game and 1 good game

Will back whoever is the current keeper as long as they are playing well, but BK always has my respect.

PS Nash = gash

^^^^ This

Also where is all the hate for Birra for not attempting to save Thompson's goal, after all its not about if you can stop it, its about if you try or is that only for when BK is in goals? :dry:

pv4
29-10-2012, 09:17 AM
IMO the only people who rate bk > biraz is the ones who have dealt with him on a personal level, or remember a moment of brilliance from 2+ years ago and let that cloud their current opinion.

when we had young, and Nash, I was always a bk fan when given the choice. but I was hugely upset with us having two number 2 keepers, and only picked bk because he was the best of the rest.

bk is a very solid backup keeper for Hal level. biraz is our number one. talk about newy boiz, allegiances, bias, deadset-if-that-was-zad, whatever - every neutral I talk to says its a no-brainer that biraz > bk, bozza said "bk shouldn't be playing keeper at aleague level", and a young guy who has played sfa games for the past few years is noticeably starting to kill it after only 2.5 games with his new team.

supasub
29-10-2012, 09:26 AM
I don't care what keeper is playing, as long as they keep a cleansheet

BodyNovo
29-10-2012, 10:17 AM
BK BK BK BK

i actually take the opposite approach to you PV4 in i think peoples judgement of BK is based on his performances from 2+ years ago when the going was tough for him post covic departure.

not that i haven't been impresed by birraz though he is a great keeper and you can see he has a bright future

i just hope if birraz has a couple of bad games BK isn't forgotten about by GVE.

an example is how De Gea has become a better keeper at United because SAF was replacing him with lindeegard when he had a couple of bad games to keep him sharp and not becoming hot-headed.

Grimario
29-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Do we want our keeper to be the guy who always seems to have shit positions on FK's and long shots, standing like a statue before screaming and flapping his hands at the defenders and then booting the ball back into the net after it trickles out?

I think BK has hit his ceiling. He isn't going to get any better.

LINGERA
29-10-2012, 10:59 AM
irrespective of the result, Melbourne were paying $4.20 on TABsport at halftime. Did Melbourne play that shite in the 1st half??

Grimario
29-10-2012, 11:11 AM
irrespective of the result, Melbourne were paying $4.20 on TABsport at halftime. Did Melbourne play that shite in the 1st half??

Melbourne were the better team after 45 minutes. If it wasn't for Birra, we could have been at least 2 goals down (Traore shot out of top corner, Thompson shot across face of goal).

Pico
29-10-2012, 11:11 AM
bozza said "bk shouldn't be playing keeper at aleague level".

When did that happen, seems weird he'd say that when he's given him a few saves of the week awards.

I have no problem with Birra getting the starting spot, what I do find annoying is the hate that gets directed at BK but if someone else does the same thing, like when birra sat on his heels for the Thompson header, no worries not even a mention. Add that with the stories of people blaming stupid old BK again for the first match before they realised it was Birra in goals.

The hysteria that would have resulted if it was BK who ran out and jumped for that Vidosic shot in the first game and got the red probably would have caused the foz to melt down. Likewise last week against the mariners, had that last minute header that was offside been BK the calls for poor positioning poor judgement etc would have been the only thing being talked about, even if it was called or not.Another thing I love was when BK was keeping clean sheets it was all the defence, when he concedes it was all his fault, honestly the bloke would never have a chance with all the hate directed at him.

LINGERA
29-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Melbourne were the better team after 45 minutes. If it wasn't for Birra, we could have been at least 2 goals down (Traore shot out of top corner, Thompson shot across face of goal).

Yer that what i thought when i watched the highlights at half time and saw the odds, hence why i wasted my money betting on meblourne. :P

WolfMan
29-10-2012, 04:40 PM
I have no problem with Birra getting the starting spot, what I do find annoying is the hate that gets directed at BK but if someone else does the same thing, like when birra sat on his heels for the Thompson header, no worries not even a mention. Add that with the stories of people blaming stupid old BK again for the first match before they realised it was Birra in goals.

No 'keeper I have ever seen would have gotten anywhere near that Thompson header. It was placed perfectly in the far corner, and had the element of surprise about it as it came from the misguided clearance from one of our own.

Had BK been in goals, I would be saying exactly the same thing.

As far as your 2nd statement RE: people mistaking Birighitti for BK in the 1st match - hilarious if true.

Thomas477
29-10-2012, 06:21 PM
I don't care what keeper is playing, as long as they keep a cleansheet

In the end, this.

MFKS
30-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Whats a disgrace about this argument about who was at fault for the Archie goal the other night was the blame mssing the shoulders of one man.

Tarago has copped it Ritter has copped it and Birraz has copped it.

Why hasn't Craig Deans Copped it???

Watch the replay the angle of Taragos boot was sending the ball towards the side line about 35 yards out from our goal. Somehow it ended up in our box completely defying the laws of physics. Undoubted proof that sinister forces were at work and I am holding Craig Deans responsible

Deans Out

pv4
30-10-2012, 01:35 PM
\kitnerd

ffa - sort your sxxt out with these fxxxxin kit changes. who honestly sees over what each team wears each week, and gives the nod of approval? i'll do it, for free, every week. it'll deadset take me 2 minutes on a friday arvo. and i'll never embarrass the league like you fxxxs seem to do on a near weekly basis. because apparently, whoever does it currently thinks it's cool for white to play against white, for green to play against fluro yellow/green, for sky blue to play against sky blue.

/kitnerd

Pico
30-10-2012, 03:25 PM
If your talking about Birra's kit, the refs made the call as soon as they saw the kit & it was the backroom staff who stuffed up from what was said on the fox broadcast.

How our lot didn't know that it would be a clash, victory was always going to wear their away kit as their home clashes with ours & they have split sponsors for home and away.

pv4
30-10-2012, 03:46 PM
but it's not something that's organised on the day - i've seen a pre-match organisation card before that has the four kits (2 playing kits, 2 gk kits - and a might say it has the ref kit too, but not 100% on that) next to each other to say "this is what the teams are wearing for this round". it's pre-empted. someone has put a digital file of biraz's green kit against the mv fluro kit, said "yep, that's cool" well before friday. someone did the same for necevski's white kit against our white/black kit. someone did the same last year when eugene wore a light blue kit v sydney's home. it's a didier-drogba-disgrace. it's thomas-broich-winning-the-joe-marston-medal amateur bs.

how can local leagues (state league, id's, etc) be under so much scrutiny for non-clashing shirts & socks between outfield/gk/refs/etc, yet the a-league be so cavalier about it all?

Kevie1
30-10-2012, 09:44 PM
agree twenty2one , won't win games if you don't score goals. Bk had the 3rd most goals saved last year and we had a terrible goals scored record.

Kevie1
30-10-2012, 09:50 PM
To me that sounds like an excuse for why BK is No 2 and Birraz is No 1. Birraz has been signed in my opinion to be the No 1 by the Egg and the Egg has seen enough in pre season and training to give Birraz the No 1 gig to start the season. After getting sent off Birraz was straight back in after suspension.

Believe all you want that BK is only No 2 because of his knee situation. Reality is BK is No 2 because that where the Egg sees him in the pecking order. Behind Birraz

Bloke had a blinder last night and showed his quality. Even took the piss in the second half ducking out of his goal for a drink behind the net when Victory took a free kick in our half.

How Newy:lulzturtle:

He would have certainly pissed if he'd been caught out now wouldn't he .

Kevie1
30-10-2012, 09:59 PM
When did that happen, seems weird he'd say that when he's given him a few saves of the week awards.

I agree that is what pisses me off.After all BK did come 3rd in most saves last year. I watch Fox when did Mark Bosnich say he should go back to local league. Will email and check if you can't remember just when he said that .

The hysteria that would have resulted if it was BK who ran out and jumped for that Vidosic shot in the first game and got the red probably would have caused the foz to melt down. Likewise last week against the mariners, had that last minute header that was offside been BK the calls for poor positioning poor judgement etc would have been the only thing being talked about, even if it was called or not.Another thing I love was when BK was keeping clean sheets it was all the defence, when he concedes it was all his fault, honestly the bloke would never have a chance with all the hate directed at him.

Pico...couldn't agree more ...and I'm an avid watcher of Fox Sport ...just when did Bosnich say BK should be back in local league ...back up with facts.

pv4
30-10-2012, 10:10 PM
he said it off air. in person. he never said state league, just said not a Hal keeper.

because it wasn't recorded, it must never have happened, I'm assuming some will think

parksey
30-10-2012, 11:08 PM
He means BK should be playing in Europe.

Thomas477
30-10-2012, 11:16 PM
how can local leagues (state league, id's, etc) be under so much scrutiny for non-clashing shirts & socks between outfield/gk/refs/etc, yet the a-league be so cavalier about it all?

To be fair, I did see a preliminary final this year at Lambton where the Cardiff South keeper had an all blue jersey on while playing Hamilton Azzuri.....

:lulz:

snake
31-10-2012, 08:50 AM
he said it off air. in person. he never said state league, just said not a Hal keeper.

because it wasn't recorded, it must never have happened, I'm assuming some will think

as in the stuff they get up to during commercial breaks? that goes out to the internet streams, but not the tv viewers?

pv4
31-10-2012, 09:57 AM
as in, in person. face-to-face, hair-to-hair.

LINGERA
02-11-2012, 04:21 PM
He means BK should be playing in Europe.

How do i subscribe to your posts?

The Dunster
02-11-2012, 05:03 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eTAVyt1pzqo/TlWRXWNnIRI/AAAAAAAAO7o/zOf8s-OyhyU/s1600/i_****ing_love_cocaine_Animals_with_really_good_mo od-s466x462-100168-580.jpg

Thomas477
02-11-2012, 08:42 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-etavyt1pzqo/tlwrxwnniri/aaaaaaaao7o/zof8s-oyhyu/s1600/i_****ing_love_cocaine_animals_with_really_good_mo od-s466x462-100168-580.jpg

lmao