PDA

View Full Version : Podcasts

Jeterpool
23-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Other than the Jetstream, what are some of the Podcasts people are listening to or find interesting? I'm looking for something a bit different to listen to.

Doesn't necessarily have to be sport related either. Could be business, lifestyle, whatever.

Me - I'm listening to the Guardian Football Weekly, a few of the Triple M ones (but I find Ray Warren so infuriating with his ignorance towards football or anyone or thing he doesn't particularly like), 442 and there is a new one call Ultimate A-League (they are doing alright - still getting the hang in my opinion).

furns
23-10-2012, 08:38 AM
I produce an aussie football podcast for FFDU called the ozfootballpubcast, go to ffdu.net for links, the 442 Insider podcast is alright, the best LFC podcast by far is The Anfield Wrap.
others include the Football Ramble, Football Pubcast (UK version), 5 live Football Daily, World Football Phone in, BBC World Service

The Football Sack and Ultimate A-League are other aussie ones, but I have taken them off my podcast list.

pv4
23-10-2012, 08:40 AM
the tuesday club :cool:

/goaliepersempre

BodyNovo
23-10-2012, 09:14 AM
442 insider is actually getting better imo

big 5 live football daily listener especially the monday night club.

goaliepersempre
23-10-2012, 09:26 AM
got in before me pv4... BUT The Tuesday Club is amazing.. for laughter

russjaybee
23-10-2012, 09:35 AM
My fave pods -
The Tuesday Club - Arsenal pod
Arsecast - Arseblog pod, it's ok.
Guardian's Football Weekly - General Football (is v. good)
442 Insider - A-league centric, decent pod.
Mike and Tom Eat Snacks - A pod in which snacks are reviewed via the PER system (Pick a snack, Eat a snack, Rate a snack). Silly humour from two comedian mates, love it. Takes a few episodes to get in to.
Jay and Silent Bob Get Old - Kevin Smith (Bob) and Jason Mewes (Jay) perform a live pod where they talk shit and Jay tells stories of yore. An intervention podcast to help Jay stay clean. Hilarious stories.

Listened to one Ultimate A-League pod and could not stand it.

WolfMan
23-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Football Ramble - Light-hearted views on mainly EPL
Football Weekly - great pod, full of insight and covering a broad range of leagues
N-Power Football League podcast - does what it says on the tin
Sunday Supplement - Another informative pod, goes through headlines of a Sunday (UK time) morning and talks about the issues therein
5 Live Football Daily - Good quality pod, sometimes do fans forum things based in En-ger-land
606 Football Phone-in - Takes callers mostly after matches to discuss their issues etc. Also has Robbie Savage putting numpties in their place

Jeterpool
24-10-2012, 01:11 PM
My fave pods -
Mike and Tom Eat Snacks - A pod in which snacks are reviewed via the PER system (Pick a snack, Eat a snack, Rate a snack). Silly humour from two comedian mates, love it. Takes a few episodes to get in to.
Jay and Silent Bob Get Old - Kevin Smith (Bob) and Jason Mewes (Jay) perform a live pod where they talk shit and Jay tells stories of yore. An intervention podcast to help Jay stay clean. Hilarious stories.

Gave Mike and Tom a go yesterday. Geez they talk some crap! They very easily get distracted. Not bad though...cheers! Will stick with it for a few weeks.

Trying Tuesday club now

Jeterpool
24-10-2012, 01:16 PM
I produce an aussie football podcast for FFDU called the ozfootballpubcast, go to ffdu.net for links, the 442 Insider podcast is alright, the best LFC podcast by far is The Anfield Wrap.
others include the Football Ramble, Football Pubcast (UK version), 5 live Football Daily, World Football Phone in, BBC World Service

The Football Sack and Ultimate A-League are other aussie ones, but I have taken them off my podcast list.

I'll try FFDU Furns, cheers

russjaybee
24-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Gave Mike and Tom a go yesterday. Geez they talk some crap! They very easily get distracted. Not bad though...cheers! Will stick with it for a few weeks.

Ha yes, yes they do. The "snackology" in the pod is basically an excuse for them to hang out and talk shit, serious shit. I find it hilarious and once you get to know their inside jokes and repartee it's really enjoyable.

Which ep did you listen to? (what snack)

Jeterpool
24-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Ha yes, yes they do. The "snackology" in the pod is basically an excuse for them to hang out and talk shit, serious shit. I find it hilarious and once you get to know their inside jokes and repartee it's really enjoyable.

Which ep did you listen to? (what snack)

I listened to Halvah, their latest one. They haven't released on for a while...

Retro Jet
24-10-2012, 06:43 PM
My fave pods -

This one interests me the most...non football. I'll give it a run. Certainly my era...film wise at least.

furns
24-10-2012, 06:50 PM
its pretty good for the most part, Jay seems to have ****ed half of the planet and snorted/injected/smoked the other half

russjaybee
25-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Jay and Silent Bob Get Old is hilarious (imo). If you can laugh at silly fart during sex stories then you'll enjoy it.

Latest one was hilarious, and holy shit where did Jay find these girls? Is that shit legit?

On a side note, it inspired me to watch Clerks for the first time last night, interesting...

pv4
01-11-2012, 10:04 AM
i lasted about 5mins into the football sack, and couldn't stand it anymore. those guys are not funny, not witty & not insightful.

will try out the ultimate a-league one.

i enjoyed ffdu & fourfourtwo insider.

tuesday club is great too.

i can't bring myself to check out the anfield wrap - i have troubles listening to pool fans' "insight" at the best of times. they're as bad as tottenham, syd fc & ccm fans.

pv4
01-11-2012, 10:26 AM
ultimate a-league is just as bad as the football sack. they spend half the time saying "ummm, ahhh" & the deeper-voiced bloke needs a speech ferapist (yep) to teach him how to pronounce his "th"s.

Mr_Magoo
01-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Jay and Silent Bob Get Old is hilarious (imo). If you can laugh at silly fart during sex stories then you'll enjoy it.

Latest one was hilarious, and holy shit where did Jay find these girls? Is that shit legit?

On a side note, it inspired me to watch Clerks for the first time last night, interesting...

Note all the SMODCO podcasts are great

SMODCO
BABBLE ON
Fat man on batman (if you like the dark knight)

Jeterpool
01-11-2012, 11:18 AM
ultimate a-league is just as bad as the football sack. they spend half the time saying "ummm, ahhh" & the deeper-voiced bloke needs a speech ferapist (yep) to teach him how to pronounce his "th"s.

Agree. I've given up on them for that reason, but alos because they mustn't do any preparation or research.

They don't know players, they can't pronounce team names or player names, they don't even know who A-League players are. Fail to prepare...prepare to fail.

Struggling with 5-Live Daily too. Monday one is good but the rest are pretty crap. Also find Anfield Wrap a bit hit and miss to be honest.

russjaybee
01-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Jets featured on FW again after the heskey double! YEWWWWWWWW

Jeterpool
01-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Not bad russ!!

pv4
06-11-2012, 01:14 PM
http://ffdu.net/ffdu/pubcast/ffdu-football-pubcast-ep-43-the-house-of-pain/

check it out to enjoy the rage of phernz

pv4
12-11-2012, 10:38 AM
listening to the most recent fourfourtwo insider, they had branko on. he mentions "i'm not sure why they're playing long balls, i don't agree with long balls" in reference to brisbane. wasn't branko the king of an odd kind of 4-3-3 with a heap of longballs his gameplan?

Jeterpool
12-11-2012, 11:49 AM
listening to the most recent fourfourtwo insider, they had branko on. he mentions "i'm not sure why they're playing long balls, i don't agree with long balls" in reference to brisbane. wasn't branko the king of an odd kind of 4-3-3 with a heap of longballs his gameplan?

Thought a bit the same.

He doesn't speak ill of the Jets though which was interesting. Was balanced and was good to hear him on the podcast.

russjaybee
12-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Yep. The previous 442 Insider featured Anthony Crea, an aussie strength and conditioning trainer. He was involved with the national team for quite a while, including the stint with Gus at the helm. Interesting bloke and shared some interesting insider info in to coaching under Hiddink, sounded pretty amazing.

They've also had Adam Peacock on before, don't mind old mate Peacock, seems like a real bloke rather than a journo.

pv4
12-11-2012, 04:18 PM
yeah the anthony crea one was super interesting. i'm enjoying the podcast thoroughly.

Pico
12-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Yep. The previous 442 Insider featured Anthony Crea, an aussie strength and conditioning trainer. He was involved with the national team for quite a while, including the stint with Gus at the helm. Interesting bloke and shared some interesting insider info in to coaching under Hiddink, sounded pretty amazing.

They've also had Adam Peacock on before, don't mind old mate Peacock, seems like a real bloke rather than a journo.

One of the best 442 insider podcasts, this weeks with branko wasn't bad either.

I don't mind listening to Triple M's A Few Good Sportsmen for a general weekly sports wrap has bozza on each week talking up the HAL & you can't go past the Four Diego's for a bit of HAL chat over a number of networks Hosts & guests from SEN in melbourne to ABC Grandstand "Top of the League".

GazFish35
12-11-2012, 11:11 PM
The four Diego's make my ears bleed.

pv4
15-11-2012, 10:59 AM
new fourfourtwo insider is up (feat mark rudan)

pv4
19-11-2012, 03:28 PM

am really enjoying this podcast. absolutely hilarious. without doing research into it, i went about 3 episodes without figuring out where i recognized tom's voice from - and a quick confirmation reassured me that it was jd's brother from scrubs!

when was the last time they updated though?

goaliepersempre
19-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Tuesday Club this week... will be awesome.. :)

russjaybee
19-11-2012, 03:30 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOH far out didn't even realise that pv4!!!

Mike (Michael Ian Black) has been in a few notable things as well, Wet Hot American Summer being on of them.

Been a while since they put up a pod :( Disappointing. Might be time to spam them via twitter, they're both on there.
Go back through the catalogue though, some classics in there. Also there are a lot of in jokes that are used all the time that were developed organically in the previous pods.

goaliepersempre
19-11-2012, 03:32 PM
also tuesday club have been mentioning bantams banter (Bradford City) I beleive they will be doing a joint podcast at some stage. Havent listened to them but will be doing so soon.

Jeterpool
19-11-2012, 03:34 PM
am really enjoying this podcast. absolutely hilarious. without doing research into it, i went about 3 episodes without figuring out where i recognized tom's voice from - and a quick confirmation reassured me that it was jd's brother from scrubs!

when was the last time they updated though?

OOOOOOOOOOOH far out didn't even realise that pv4!!!

Mike (Michael Ian Black) has been in a few notable things as well, Wet Hot American Summer being on of them.

Been a while since they put up a pod :( Disappointing. Might be time to spam them via twitter, they're both on there.
Go back through the catalogue though, some classics in there. Also there are a lot of in jokes that are used all the time that were developed organically in the previous pods.

They both worked together before on a TV show "Ed" about a lawyer who moved to a little town and ran a small law office out of the bowling alley he bought.

But yes, Scrubs is where most would know him from.

goaliepersempre
19-11-2012, 03:38 PM
They both worked together before on a TV show "Ed" about a lawyer who moved to a little town and ran a small law office out of the bowling alley he bought.

But yes, Scrubs is where most would know him from.

Ed if this is just my youthful memory of when it came out was a great show :)

pv4
19-11-2012, 03:40 PM
yeah i recognised his voice from the start, couldn't quite figure out where from, and then the third episode i said "i bet that's jd's brother" and wiki told me i was right. makes you look at the pod in a whole different light now.

yeah i've been going through the old ones. it's been fun.

what i do, is the podcast. what i'm about, is respect for women. i tell this to the viewers, and i know they're not viewers, all the time. :lulz:

kinda keen to get some beef eyerky also :lulz:

russjaybee
19-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Haha yes.

Have you learnt about the demise of MATES Worldwide HQ and the money they invested in european sovereign debt thanks to their producer, EuropIan?

"Storm Troopers hitting the floor..."

pv4
19-11-2012, 03:53 PM
not up to that bit yet.

what i'm most looking forward to is the demise of their friendship with each other. i've listened to probably the 5 most recent podcasts, all of which magic refuses to recognize tom as his friend, but in the early episodes (just finished the snickers one, after which i bought a snickers) he's still "my good friend tom kavanagh".

russjaybee
19-11-2012, 04:10 PM
Ahhhhh yes... haha, quality times.

Jeterpool
19-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Ed if this is just my youthful memory of when it came out was a great show :)

Yeah I enjoyed it too

pv4
21-11-2012, 08:46 AM
the new tuesday club pod is out - "the mental woodpecker"

goaliepersempre
21-11-2012, 09:02 AM
AVB You Mental Woodpecker......

russjaybee
21-11-2012, 04:01 PM
HAHA seriously though this whole Tottenham "we dominated the game from start to finish" shit is madness, utter madness...

pistolpete
21-11-2012, 07:18 PM

giving this a go, always liked those two and it sounds funny. Only could see from episode 21-70 though. I'm new to this stuff. Do they only keep the last 50 on there?

pv4
21-11-2012, 10:33 PM
I go directly to their site, go to "ways to listen" and search the menu from the playbox. has ep1-70 in that menu

pistolpete
21-11-2012, 11:07 PM
I go directly to their site, go to "ways to listen" and search the menu from the playbox. has ep1-70 in that menu

Cheers, will check it out

russjaybee
22-11-2012, 10:42 AM
New one out today, was listening this morning, Jay's ****ed ROFL...

pv4
27-11-2012, 06:59 AM
new ffdu pubcast is out. gratz on your hawaii news, seƱor drummer!

russjaybee
27-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Haven't tried ffdu yet, I'll give it a whirl i guess. Do they just do the usual shit?
- review games
- preview games
- weekly news?

pv4
27-11-2012, 09:35 AM
it's a mix of english league(s) & a-league - reviews, previews, news, etc. half the crew are pommy and have some decent insight - plus they're a regular crew so have a lot of in-jokes & just take the piss out of each other a bunch. i've been enjoying it. getting sick of listening to the sydney fc chick though - she perfectly sums up a sydney fan (aka we did everything first, we are priority, we are biggest club in league, y'all can get fxxxed but i'll take offence to you saying likewise back to me, etc, etc).

furns
27-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Dont worry about Jess, she is ok she just sees everything through light-blue coloured glasses.

Thanks pv4 btw and glad some people have had a listen and seem to enjoy it

Also, great news, Santo Sam and Ed now do a Sports Fever podcast, available on itunes and via download for non-iOS people. Now I can listen to them and not feel dirty for tuning into channel 7.

russjaybee
03-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Can everyone rage @ mike and tom eat snacks please. I've contacted them over several channels voicing my displeasure at their total lack of professionalism and tardiness.

pv4
05-12-2012, 11:19 AM
new mates podcast up!!!!!!!

russjaybee
05-12-2012, 12:03 PM
YEP lol it was like the day after I raged @ them via fb and their nerdist page...

Rofl at the epic Hostess cover story.

Jeterpool
06-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Question this week on the EPL Podcast

"Brett Holman is one of 13 Australians to score in the EPL since 1992 season. Can you name the other 12?"

1. Brett Holman
2. Tim Cahill
3. Mark Viduka
4. Harry Kewell
5. Craig Moore
6. Robbie Slater??
7. Lucas Neill
8. John Aloisi
9. Brett Emerton
10. Mile Sterjovski

Did Grella score during his time at Blackburn? Jacob Burns while at Leeds? Carney while at Hull?

Probably going to be some young guys in there too - gone over and come back.

Any help?

pv4
06-12-2012, 10:55 AM
bozza scored a goal for villa, not sure when

hayden foxe might have scored for pompey

richard garcia @ hull?

vinnie didn't score @ blackburn

chris herd has scored for villa i think

did richard johnson ever play pl for watford?

tiatto would have scored at man city

popovic at crystal palace maybe?

maybe paul okon at middlesborough?

possibly kevin muscat

did lazaridis play epl?

maybe even danny allsopp

Jeterpool
06-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Bozza, garcia, richard johnson, tiatto and herd are all good shouts.

BodyNovo
06-12-2012, 11:22 AM
garcia scored for hull against rovers

muscat scored for wolves but whether that was in the prem i am unsure

paul okon scored for middlesborough

chris herd v liverpool last year

popovic did score for palace whether it was in the prem unsure.

pv4
06-12-2012, 11:31 AM
popovic did score for palace whether it was in the prem unsure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP3jbpcCo2E

BodyNovo
06-12-2012, 11:40 AM
:blush:

goaliepersempre
06-12-2012, 11:46 AM
some finish

Jeterpool
24-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Good Job Brain - wife found this pod and it's pretty good! Interesting topics

furns
25-04-2013, 02:10 PM
If you are a LFC supporter and not listening to The Anfield Wrap - you are missing out.

Oh and they will be in Melbourne during the LFC preseason tour with Craig Johnston.

Win.

joel31
20-05-2013, 10:15 AM
Ultimate A-League, THe Football Sack, 442 Insider, ESPN FC Podcast

Jeterpool
20-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Has the Ultimate A-League mob got any better? They were really try-hard professional but their knowledge and preparation was woeful.

furns
22-05-2013, 04:54 PM
I found the Ultimate A-League and Football Sack podcasts virtually unlistenable so havent bothered to check them out recently.

Give the FFDU ozfootballpubcast a go, at least we make it entertaining ffs

Jeterpool
20-11-2013, 08:46 AM
I found the Ultimate A-League and Football Sack podcasts virtually unlistenable so havent bothered to check them out recently.

I haven't given the Ultimate A-League guys another go and I don't think I will. I have also found the 442 Podcast to have really dropped in quality. Their sound levels, as they always were, are all over the place. You turn the volume up while one bloke talks, then the other pipes in and your ear are near bleeding! Plus they are playing interviews off an Iphone!! The level of professionalism dropped.

I started listening to "The A-League Show". It's pretty good. FoxSports Football Show is very good too - Peacock, Simon Hill and Daniel Garb.

pv4
20-11-2013, 09:02 AM
FFT fixed their sound quality in the last pod. Enough people kicked up a stink about it, so they've relocated rooms & the sound is much better. It's probably the best HAL podcast I've listened to, apart from the moments of FFDU where they discuss HAL.

Might give the a-league show & FS one a go.

Jeterpool
20-11-2013, 09:33 AM
FFT fixed their sound quality in the last pod. Enough people kicked up a stink about it, so they've relocated rooms & the sound is much better. It's probably the best HAL podcast I've listened to, apart from the moments of FFDU where they discuss HAL.

Might give the a-league show & FS one a go.

That's interesting about 442. I might give it another go now. It's good to hear they have decided to fix the issue.

pv4
20-11-2013, 01:35 PM
How are them cockerills going furns? :rof:

furns
20-11-2013, 01:52 PM
;)

pv4
22-10-2014, 08:31 AM
Why you cancel Xmas furns? :rof:

For anyone that has any remote interest, Mike and Tom Eat Snacks have started podding again after a 6+month hiatus. I got onto this pod thanks to russjaybee, but it's legit one of the best things ever. I highly recommend to any and everyone. But if you're starting new, I would stress that you listen from Ep 1 onwards, and not jump in at a random episode because you'll miss so many in-jokes that get developed over the episodes. I've been told their main site doesn't have before ep 38, but I think there's a soundcloud that has all of them. Get on it!

Also I've started to listen to How Did This Get Made thanks to a recommendation by The Postman (new-ish foz user, all round good guy) and it's been pretty funny already. It's a pod where they review shit movies :rof:

Also also also - the tuesday club is back on :cool:

Jeterpool
22-10-2014, 09:43 AM
I started listening to Sleek-Geeks from ep 1. It's Dr Karl and Adam Spencer.

very light but informative. Short episodes too - 15-25 minutes. Recommended.

Bremsstrahlung
22-10-2014, 12:31 PM
I started listening to Sleek-Geeks from ep 1. It's Dr Karl and Adam Spencer.

very light but informative. Short episodes too - 15-25 minutes. Recommended.

Don't mind Dr Karl's Triple J podcast either, if you are into the light science things. Few fun facts.

The Anfield Wrap - obviously Liverpool based, do a decent job.

Have been trying a few others, but i find them a little boring/bland. I tried The Guardian's world cup pod casts and they were pretty dodgy.

Actually don't mind Fox sports' A-League pod, if you can get past Simon Hills Man City love-in and general ego, it's not bad...

Jeterpool
22-10-2014, 12:35 PM
Don't mind Dr Karl's Triple J podcast either, if you are into the light science things. Few fun facts.

The Anfield Wrap - obviously Liverpool based, do a decent job.

Have been trying a few others, but i find them a little boring/bland. I tried The Guardian's world cup pod casts and they were pretty dodgy.

Actually don't mind Fox sports' A-League pod, if you can get past Simon Hills Man City love-in and general ego, it's not bad...

I don't mind Dr Karl's either, Brem - his tangents are very odd sometimes yet still entertaining.

The Guardian one is one of my favourites. You're right on the FoxSports pod - it's one of the better ones.

I do listen to The A-League Show but it's very big city focused but they like Newcastle so it's ok in that respect. They're young guys trying hard and could do some more research but it's also one of the better ones. I gave up on 442 pod last year - has the sound quality improved?

I listen to Good Job Brain. It's a bit hard to take sometimes but really easy listening. Very American centric

furns
22-10-2014, 01:01 PM
442 podcast isn't going anymore

pv4
22-10-2014, 01:15 PM
442 podcast isn't going anymore

442 Insider? They made a new ep last week.

The sound is a lot better than what you remember Jpool - they had serious issues for a while there. Only problem with the new one is sometimes their chairs squeak or you'll hear a phone vibrate or something. But for the most part, it was good. Andy Jackson isn't on it anymore though, which is a shame as he was quality.

goaliepersempre
22-10-2014, 05:15 PM
Tuesday Club have a special podcast coming out this week re the book coming out this week about that wonderful season of the Invincibles... Oh and last weeks was brilliant :P was listening to it whilst driving on the freeway in Italy.. good times...

furns
22-10-2014, 07:52 PM
442 Insider? They made a new ep last week.

The sound is a lot better than what you remember Jpool - they had serious issues for a while there. Only problem with the new one is sometimes their chairs squeak or you'll hear a phone vibrate or something. But for the most part, it was good. Andy Jackson isn't on it anymore though, which is a shame as he was quality.

Really? They hadn't made one in ages so I deleted it from my podcast app. I can live without it.

GazFish35
22-10-2014, 07:55 PM
Listening to it right now. You're not missing much Furns, without Andy Jackson is just Airs being agreed with for 45minutes.

furns
22-10-2014, 07:58 PM
In podcast related news I was briefly a guest on the Yellow Fever podcast released today to give a Newy perspective ahead of our clash this weekend

GazFish35
23-10-2014, 05:57 PM
Just listenng to the soccer stoppage time show.....it's hard going.

They ask de Bohoun about the active support restrictions very vaguely, I think his answer was along the lines of "the sydney derby was a success and proves things will be okay"

Few questions.

1. Did I hear this right (kids were wrestling in the background and it was hard to hear)
2. If so, what crack is he smoking? Derby was always going to sell out. Actives were always going to be active.

pv4
18-02-2015, 03:03 PM
Just gave "Behind the Game" a go.

Seems to be a WSW fan who travels around the place interviewing fans of the A-League about their experiences. The only reason I gave it a go was his recent episode is an interview with Andy Roberts.

Not a fan of this pod tbh - I don't feel any connection with the host guy and think there are some weird pauses, gaps, questions, etc (note: I've only listened to the Andy Roberts and ScouseRoar ones. Also note that I realise I am not perfect when I am on the Jerkstream).

Speaking of which, incase you've somehow found this thread but missed all the other notices everywhere - listen to the Jetstream!

GazFish35
18-02-2015, 03:33 PM
behind the gamne - i agree, its started as a WSW love in.

andy roberts and scouse roar interviews are the best, the one with ian syson i was lookingforward to with great anticipation but the sound quality made it very very hard to listen to.

"the aleague snob" pod is okay, very dry sense of humour which i chuckle at.

BodyNovo
19-02-2015, 12:43 PM
i have started listening to the BBC world football phone in on saturdays again.

good listen

usually tim vickery on talking about all south american football and than they have 1 guy from all the other continents week to week.

the US guy is outstanding when he is on and tim vickerys knowledge of south american football is amazing.

pv4
24-03-2015, 07:52 AM
Behind the Game did a pod with Todd Blackwell, a jerks fan. Does Todd frequent these forums?

Bon
24-03-2015, 09:43 AM
Behind the Game did a pod with Todd Blackwell, a jerks fan. Does Todd frequent these forums?

Not sure if you know who it is and are just stirring someone up by trying to out them.. haha..
Blackmac? Todd G? I don't know..

pv4
24-03-2015, 09:58 AM
Not sure if you know who it is and are just stirring someone up by trying to out them.. haha..
Blackmac? Todd G? I don't know..

It was a genuine q. I know it's not Blackmac or Todd G.

Jeterpool
24-03-2015, 10:20 AM
It was a genuine q. I know it's not Blackmac or Todd G.

He's on twitter, I know that.

Jeterpool
18-11-2015, 06:04 AM
So I ended up changing over to android. I need advice on the best podcast app because downcast don't do android.

What do you all use? I'm particularly looking for the ability to create a number of playlists from various pods

furns
18-11-2015, 01:38 PM
I use BeyondPod

Jeterpool
13-09-2016, 08:57 AM
Santo Sam and Ed now have a weekly podcast.

They're up to episode 2 and it was better than episode 1. They're still working out how to do the audio gags I think. Much harder to do than visual gags.

pv4
13-09-2016, 09:02 AM
Santo Sam and Ed now have a weekly podcast.

They're up to episode 2 and it was better than episode 1. They're still working out how to do the audio gags I think. Much harder to do than visual gags.

I've been keen to see how their humour would move over to audio-only, because so many of their gags are visual based.

Still, love SS&E so will definitely jump on board.

Jetmaster
13-09-2016, 01:55 PM
Their previous podcast series (on MMM a few years back and still available) took a week or two to ramp up but was great once they got rolling.

Jeterpool
02-06-2017, 08:01 AM
Listened to S-Town series yesterday. It is from the team at This American Life and Serial.

I wasn't a massive fan, to be honest. There is a twist, but overall the podcast didn't go the direction I thought it was after listening to the first.

Jeterpool
01-08-2017, 09:13 AM
James Richardson and Ben Green (producer Ben) have left Football Weekly podcast to join Muddy Knees Media (created by Iain Mackintosh) to create a new show called the Total Football Show.

Furns applied for both positions, but was unsuccessful - which is great news for Jetstream listeners because he stays and you don't have to listen to me.

furns
01-08-2017, 10:55 AM
James Richardson and Ben Green (producer Ben) have left Football Weekly podcast to join Muddy Knees Media (created by Iain Mackintosh) to create a new show called the Total Football Show.

Furns applied for both positions, but was unsuccessful - which is great news for Jetstream listeners because he stays and you don't have to listen to me.Clearly my lack of professionalism and an abundance of hair was detrimental to my prospects.

Jeterpool
01-08-2017, 12:15 PM
Clearly my lack of professionalism and an abundance of hair was detrimental to my prospects.

:rof:

Jeterpool
08-08-2017, 07:50 AM
I started listening to a podcast called The Mixer Podcast. It takes a look at premier league tactics over the years. It's from the group that do the Football Ramble. Interesting so far.

Aegon
04-04-2019, 01:53 PM
Crime in Sports
&
Hard Core History

2 of the best.