PDA

View Full Version : Jets Reserves don't want Lord Grif

Chadandkira12
01-11-2012, 09:24 AM
He's eyeing a return to the A league

http://http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/western-sydney-wanderers-block-approach-to-sign-joel-griffiths/story-e6frf4gl-1226508016986

Grunta
01-11-2012, 09:51 AM
What the f^ck is he doing talking to them??????

Muswellbrookian
01-11-2012, 10:21 AM
So it begins.

Jetmaster
01-11-2012, 10:34 AM
So it begins.

Indeed - this isn't Griff talking to them of course, but his agent just testing the waters should he not get on offer in China.

All is fair in love and war.

Do we have squad room ? Does Tinks want to put up for an Aussie marquee ?

Much of this is out of our hands.

la bazzle
01-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Petition

pv4
01-11-2012, 11:24 AM
sack jesic and/or gallaway, give griff a squad spot using aus marquee wages.

i don't think hsg truly appreciates how much the fans want griff, and how much they could get away with if they did sign him

sh10
01-11-2012, 11:50 AM
we need to bombard HSG with emails linking to the vid some kent posted yesterday of Griff's two goals v Perth in 06/07

q-money
01-11-2012, 11:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avmMdCk-Bvw

pv4
01-11-2012, 11:59 AM
someone write up an email (furns?) that we can email-bomb the club with - ala colours change from gold to r&b.

q-money
01-11-2012, 11:59 AM
^^^^^^ jesus griff how good is the goal at 1.30 against queensland, fmd

Beeen
01-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Love the pic of him giving the double bird to some away supporters in China. Wish that happened in Gosford.

slobsy
01-11-2012, 12:18 PM
someone write up an email (furns?) that we can email-bomb the club with - ala colours change from gold to r&b.

this one really worked a treat!

sh10
01-11-2012, 12:23 PM
griff would never sign for another club, he's just trolling. whawt a bloke, get the peasants and the pissants hopes up then flip em the bird as he drives up the F3

la bazzle
01-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Need more of an uproar. This is the biggest issue we face this season

Heskey and griff phhhwoooooooaaarrrrr

pv4
01-11-2012, 12:32 PM
this one really worked a treat!

well iirc it did. furns was contacted by the club to say "please, please stop getting people to send these in - we've had hundreds". it got their attention.

belchardo
01-11-2012, 12:41 PM
well iirc it did. furns was contacted by the club to say "please, please stop getting people to send these in - we've had hundreds". it got their attention.

and then they just did what they wanted to do anyway.

MFKS
01-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Yeah but everyone gets the shits when their inbox gets filled up with Spam
Don't mean they listened

Pico
01-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Gold Numbers, Lettering and trim on our kits could probably be put down to the response..... or not.

q-money
01-11-2012, 01:31 PM
and how farken choice does the gold trim look

to think they were going to go with white (n)

Grimario
01-11-2012, 01:38 PM
I don't want Griff to come back.

He just signed for the scum in Football Manager :(

la bazzle
01-11-2012, 01:40 PM
I don't want Griff to come back.

He just signed for the scum in Football Manager :(

Post reported to admins

boz-monaut
01-11-2012, 01:41 PM
I'll give you the opportunity to re-think that post Grim

Grimario
01-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Post reported to admins

I did the same. Shocking post.

parksey
01-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Griffsky

boz-monaut
01-11-2012, 02:06 PM
user banned

rightly so too, even they agree

pv4
01-11-2012, 02:15 PM
lolololol

best.week.ever.

/au revior

boz-monaut
01-11-2012, 02:35 PM
the best week ever will be when Griff returns

ToddG NBUnited
01-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Ryu--Heskey--Griff yes please!!!!!

Jeterpool
01-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Ryu--Heskey--Griff yes please!!!!!

Add in Brown and Goodwin - pretty decent!

Beeen
01-11-2012, 03:25 PM
playing with heskey>>Drogba & Anelka

MFKS
01-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Got to love the luv for James Brown.

So many think he is our best off season signing bar Heskeytime yet I rate Goody Brillante Taggz and Mitchy Cooper to be better signings than Brown.

timmy_v
01-11-2012, 03:27 PM
approach GVE, its his call not HSG.

Mitchy
01-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Imagine Griff scoring and celebrating in front of us like old times again <3

Pico
01-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Imagine Griff scoring and celebrating in front of us like old times again <3

... now imagine Heskey joins in with him.....

la bazzle
01-11-2012, 03:54 PM
user banned

rightly so too, even they agree

You had no option really

snake
01-11-2012, 03:57 PM
grifoooooooooooo

Grimario
01-11-2012, 04:03 PM
I wasn't banned? Or did I miss the banning? :(

Happy to move the post to the Football Manager thread and complain about how shit their data is. As if Lord and Saviour, Griff Almighty would ever EVER sign for the gypos.

Tommyjet
01-11-2012, 04:03 PM

Didn't gve want griff instead of Heskey or am just imagining that

The Dunster
01-11-2012, 04:05 PM

Are you saying that GVE need only say we want Griffo and HSG will foot the bill no questions asked ?

If that's the case then GVE should make it happen so we can destroy this competition

lil_masi
01-11-2012, 04:10 PM
Having a forward line of R.Griffo, J.Griffo, Heskey, Brown, Goody - who would miss out and what forward formation?

MFKS
01-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Play Tagz in there as well and we can have a 6 man forward line and take the comp by storm.

Zads bossing midfield on his own with a 3 man defence of Tarago Ritter and Chapo

The 3-1-6 formation could be the new revolution to sweep the world of football

Mitchy
01-11-2012, 05:21 PM
:fap:

Thomas477
01-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Having a forward line of R.Griffo, J.Griffo, Heskey, Brown, Goody - who would miss out and what forward formation?

Move Goodwin to LB, we don't need to worry about conceding with that frontline.

RW Brown
LW RyGriff
RS Griff
LS Heskey then Taggart when Heskey retires.

Tommyjet
01-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Play Tagz in there as well and we can have a 6 man forward line and take the comp by storm.

Zads bossing midfield on his own with a 3 man defence of Tarago Ritter and Chapo

The 3-1-6 formation could be the new revolution to sweep the world of football

Zads bossing the midfield, u are kidding right. Zadkovich and Mitchell have been pathetic he last 2 weeks and you would have him there ahead of wheelhouse, wow. All zads is good for is firing the other team up by acting like a delusional cock then proceeding to give the ball to them every time he gets it.

Rocky
01-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Zads bossing the midfield, u are kidding right. Zadkovich and Mitchell have been pathetic he last 2 weeks and you would have him there ahead of wheelhouse, wow. All zads is good for is firing the other team up by acting like a delusional cock then proceeding to give the ball to them every time he gets it.

Lol get a load of this guy.

MFKS
01-11-2012, 06:54 PM

This heat is doing some strange things to people

First Grimario was going on about Lord Griffo signing for the Gypos and now we have this piece of deluded wisdom

:roflz::wacko:

Tommyjet
01-11-2012, 08:39 PM
This heat is doing some strange things to people

First Grimario was going on about Lord Griffo signing for the Gypos and now we have this piece of deluded wisdom

:roflz::wacko:

Yes I'm the deluded one. I gained a bit of respect for zadkovich last year but this season he has been an embarrassment. Even my dad who was obsessed with him acknowledges how garbage he is

RedMexican
01-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Yes I'm the deluded one. I gained a bit of respect for zadkovich last year but this season he has been an embarrassment. Even my dad who was obsessed with him acknowledges how garbage he is
zadkid :wub:

Grimario
01-11-2012, 11:59 PM

I played my first game against the gypos after his signing... and Lord Griffo scored an OG then got sent off. Still Newy. :gent:

Zadko isn't shit, Tommyjet can I get some of what you are smoking.

seldom
02-11-2012, 01:37 AM
Big fan of Rubes but this year he has been a bit below par. Always gives 100% though and expect him to be killin it very soon.

The Dunster
02-11-2012, 08:19 AM
I don't think we will have to worry about where to play Goodwin if Griffo comes back. Because I'll predict that the transfer payment we get for Goodwin in January will most likely be used to fund Griffos return.

Or maybe not.

sammydog
05-11-2012, 08:11 PM
From the World Game http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/news/1127379/Griffiths-denies-WSW-rejection

Griffiths denies WSW rejection

Joel Griffiths has laughed off reports that he was rejected by Western Sydney Wanderers.
Jones on guard against NewcastleMcDonald continues good formGriffiths goal wraps up his CSL season
Claims surfaced in a Sydney newspaper last week that the Shanghai Shenhua striker - who has been playing alongside UEFA Champions League winner Didier Drogba this season in the Chinese Super League - had been knocked back as a potential signing by Wanderers coach Tony Popovic.

But the former Newcastle Jets and Beijing Guoan fans' favourite - the scorer of six goals in 17 games in an injury-curtailed season for Shanghai - tells a different story.

He describes the assertion that he had been knocked back by the A-League newcomer as 'funny' and declared the club had 'begged' him to sign.

"There was certainly a chance of me going to Western Sydney and I found the article claiming that I wasn't wanted by them actually quite funny, considering they were hounding me to come back and sign for them," he said.

"I was disappointed with the suggestion that the club weren't interested because they were begging me to come to an agreement.

"Through an agent I know in Sydney we had numerous discussions with Wanderers on salaries and what-not and the reality is that I couldn't drop below a certain price.

"So when I read that they weren't interested it made me laugh in one sense and disappointed me in another way because the truth is far from that.

"I'd had several lengthy discussions with the club and I know that the club had meetings with FFA (its owner) on the issue. I wish Wanderers well but was not impressed with what was written."

Griffiths, who quit the Jets for Beijing Guoan in 2008, earned a reported $1 million for his single season at Shanghai, which underachieved despite the presence of Nicolas Anelka and Drogba, finishing the season on Saturday with a 3-0 win over Qingdao Jonoon but having to be content with 10th on the ladder.

Griffiths, 32, who scored Shanghai's third against Qingdao Jonoon, is now looking forward to a short break back in Australia before, in all likelihood, committing to a new contract at Shanghai or elsewhere in the Chinese Super League.

"I'll decide what to do in December but I am more than happy to stay in China another year. I am comfortable here and enjoy the country and its culture," he said.

"If Shanghai want me then I am happy to talk or there are other possibilities also in China. Shanghai will wait and see who comes and goes before making a decision on making another offer and I am also in contact with several other clubs. I have told everybody I will make a decision after my holiday next month."

Despite finishing the season strongly, Griffiths missed three months of the campaign through a knee injury and admits it took its toll.

"It's the longest period of time I have been out for in my career and it was incredibly frustrating," he said. "I wasn't sure what to do about it times and wasn't always sure whether I could fully depend on what the Chinese doctors and physios were telling me.

"But I am over it now and I enjoyed the last part of the season playing in behind Didier Drogba. I always thought I could do a good job there and I think I will be bigger and better next year."

As for the future of former Chelsea star Drogba in China, Griffiths revealed: "I don't think he knows himself right now whether he will go or stay. We spoke about it just the other night.

"He still has a contract and it all depends I suppose on salaries and what happens there."

Grunta
05-11-2012, 08:39 PM
So "there was a chance" of him going to WSW. But doesn't look like he wants to come home just yet.

The big question is who he wants to come home to?

sh10
05-11-2012, 09:46 PM
disgrace, bring the boy home