PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

parksey
18-03-2014, 11:32 PM
i hope spurs win it

GazFish35
19-03-2014, 12:28 AM
Yep, all understood.

But $8 difference in odds? I just don't really see THAT much difference tbh. Especially when Pool are within $1 of Citeh & Chelsea

All the Liverpool fans coming out of the woodwork and putting money on them hoping they win... Delusions of grandeur
All the arsenal fans shifting bricks we choke and not wanting to jinx it by putting money on it.... Realism

pv4
19-03-2014, 10:02 AM
Rambo, Santi & Zelalem all signed contract extensions. So did Rosicky & BFG the other week.

How good is retaining good players as opposed to selling them?

russjaybee
19-03-2014, 12:27 PM
So much <3

plague
19-03-2014, 01:24 PM
Yep, all understood.

But $8 difference in odds? I just don't really see THAT much difference tbh. Especially when Pool are within $1 of Citeh & Chelsea

Yer, what Snake said is spot on.
Odds are derived from money invested more so than a teams actual 'chance'. Arsenal are $11 because bookies are begging people to take them on. It decreases the hit to the bottom line if the favourites (City/Chelsea) do indeed win.

Best way to look at it is if some degenerate gamblers do indeed load up on that $11 today, Arsenals odds will slash without a ball being kicked because the betting houses' exposure to loss is now greater.

GazFish35
22-03-2014, 10:33 AM
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26680514

Good piece on wengers start at highbury

Skirt Boy
22-03-2014, 12:09 PM
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26680514

Good piece on wengers start at highbury

That was a good read. As much as I hate Arsenal, I've always liked how they go about things.

GazFish35
22-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Was interesting to read into the psychology of the bloke and how he won the players over.

Tony Adams openly admits Wenger added years to his career...... and his life, by changing the culture at the club.

I remember as a kid reading player profiles.... Favorite meal? Was always steak and chips, then Wenger turned up, and every player in squad answered, steamed veggies with steamed chicken and steamed rice.

hawk
22-03-2014, 02:43 PM
All the Liverpool fans coming out of the woodwork and putting money on them hoping they win... Delusions of grandeur

no way, havent placed a bet. the bookmakers are pulling themselves sick to think that arse and pool havent got the same chance.

MFKS
23-03-2014, 12:53 AM
2-0 after 7 mins FFS:deadhorse:

It's like Anfield all over again

snake
23-03-2014, 01:06 AM
only $11 for the title? and this against a chelsea who cant score ffs :rof:

snake
23-03-2014, 01:10 AM
no way, havent placed a bet. the bookmakers are pulling themselves sick to think that arse and pool havent got the same chance.
we know you you're a gazillionaire but no-one's accusing you of manipulating the odds to that extent ffs

plague
23-03-2014, 01:27 AM
Just letting you know GI Joe:Retaliation just started on channel 402.

Just sayin'

GazFish35
23-03-2014, 01:34 AM
Sanogo to come on at half time.
Ref to red card him for re-entering the game .

GazFish35
13-04-2014, 09:16 AM
Fabianski!
Hope he gets the final.

pv4
14-04-2014, 09:39 AM
Thank fxxx for that :rof:

I headed down to The Armoury (Commercial Pub in Parra) for this to hang with the Arsenal Australia guys, was heaps of fun. There were probably 60-100 Arsenal fans there, pretty much all in colours. Place went ballistic when Per scored, but probably moreso when Fab made his first save.

Will def be attempting to get down there again for the final. They do pretty well there, banners hung on the balconies, a big memorabilia thing hanging under the bigscreen, they also had a "special guest" in David Jack's grandson who lives in Sydney, and he was formally introduced pre-game and had a little talk.

russjaybee
14-04-2014, 10:34 AM
When's the final pv4? Might join you for it.

pv4
14-04-2014, 12:44 PM
When's the final pv4? Might join you for it.

If my quick google is correct, Sunday 18 May at 2am Sydney time.

pv4
16-04-2014, 11:13 AM
The race to St Totteringhams Day:

Both Arsenal & Sp*rs have 4 games left. Arsenal currently on 67 points, Sp*rs on 60 points. Sp*rs can only technically afford to lose 1 more game, assuming Arsenal were to lose all of their remaining games. If Arsenal win 2 more games (regardless of what Sp*rs do), Happy St Totteringhams Day. If Arsenal win their next game and Sp*rs lose theirs (Arsenal away to Hull, Sp*rs home to Fulham - Sp*rs the day before), Happy St Totteringhams Day.

All those scenarios are correct, yeah SB?

snake
16-04-2014, 04:07 PM
The race to St Totteringhams Day:

Both Arsenal & Sp*rs have 4 games left. Arsenal currently on 67 points, Sp*rs on 60 points. Sp*rs can only technically afford to lose 1 more game, assuming Arsenal were to lose all of their remaining games. If Arsenal win 2 more games (regardless of what Sp*rs do), Happy St Totteringhams Day. If Arsenal win their next game and Sp*rs lose theirs (Arsenal away to Hull, Sp*rs home to Fulham - Sp*rs the day before), Happy St Totteringhams Day.

All those scenarios are correct, yeah SB?

this is exactly the kind of attitude that has your players celebrating a win over championship team wigan. celebrating like they'd won the thing ffs. no really, they came from behind to win on penos :rof:

if you don't win your 4th place cup wenger must be sacked, surely.

pv4
16-04-2014, 04:22 PM
this is exactly the kind of attitude that has your players celebrating a win over championship team wigan. celebrating like they'd won the thing ffs. no really, they came from behind to win on penos :rof:

if you don't win your 4th place cup wenger must be sacked, surely.

Yeah, I know I personally wouldn't celebrate if I had beaten a team that for 2 seasons were undefeated in the Cup, and had knocked off 3 other EPL clubs (inc Man Citeh) to get there, and I had just slugged out a 120minute game + penalties to beat. I wouldn't feel happy, excited, relieved or anything.

But pls, allow me to continue to fap over Steven Gerrard saying some swear words in a mini-huddle after a league game now :rof:

And FTR my post is/was a pure windup at SB continually pre-emptively tooting his Sp*rs horn, and nothing more.

FWIW I have a feeling Wenger will ask to leave after the FA Cup final, regardless of what happens in the league (or even in the cup). I don't want him to ever leave, regardless of what real and/or imaginary cups he leads us to - but I think he's ready to retire.

If he does leave, my wishlist of coaches to replace him would be something like Klopp, De Boer (+ his entire staff), and I have NFI who else.

Premy
16-04-2014, 04:40 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/louis-van-gaal-eyes-arsenal-3407086

Doesn't seem to be that bad of a move either.

q-money
16-04-2014, 05:28 PM
Yeah, I know I personally wouldn't celebrate if I had beaten a team that for 2 seasons were undefeated in the Cup, and had knocked off 3 other EPL clubs (inc Man Citeh) to get there, and I had just slugged out a 120minute game + penalties to beat. I wouldn't feel happy, excited, relieved or anything.
m8 it's wigan get real ffs :rof:

pv4
16-04-2014, 05:37 PM
m8 it's wigan get real ffs :rof:

Tbh I thought I was being pretty real, is any of what I said untrue?

After all is said and done, we survived the final hurdle before getting us to the Cup Final. Another chance to end our 9 year drought. Snaek is wrong - we didn't celebrate like we had won the cup. When (if?) we win it, the celebrations will be much much more hectic.

Let's all stop picking on Arsenal, and comment on one of our 20+ liverpool fan friends who are not walking alone thanks to their hashtag that I've seen after every single little victory this year #YAWN

Premy
16-04-2014, 05:49 PM
Tbh I thought I was being pretty real, is any of what I said untrue?

After all is said and done, we survived the final hurdle before getting us to the Cup Final. Another chance to end our 9 year drought. Snaek is wrong - we didn't celebrate like we had won the cup. When (if?) we win it, the celebrations will be much much more hectic.

Let's all stop picking on Arsenal, and comment on one of our 20+ liverpool fan friends who are not walking alone thanks to their hashtag that I've seen after every single little victory this year #YAWN
Jealousy is a curse, enjoy the Europa League.

#YNWA

parksey
16-04-2014, 07:30 PM
enjoy 2nd

GazFish35
16-04-2014, 08:00 PM
Snake, st tots is a gooner tradition purely about taking the piss.

And I'd take celebrating a win over Wigan to make the final for the first time in years over losing to them like city did.
I do believe man Utd celebrated beating them in the charity shield earlier this season too.

snake
16-04-2014, 09:20 PM
was just on a wind up. i don't really give a shit, like.

Bremsstrahlung
16-04-2014, 10:26 PM
enjoy 2nd

Moyes.

hawk
16-04-2014, 10:47 PM
FWIW I have a feeling Wenger will ask to leave after the FA Cup final, regardless of what happens in the league (or even in the cup). I don't want him to ever leave, regardless of what real and/or imaginary cups he leads us to - but I think he's ready to retire.

finishing 4th will keep him just interested enough to stay

la bazzle
17-04-2014, 12:36 AM
I was never against liverpool until the carry on by their "fans" now that theyre doing well. Now I hope Chelsea rape them viciously. Except I love Snake and don't want to see him hurt. So all in all it's tough.

Bremsstrahlung
17-04-2014, 08:06 AM
I was never against liverpool until the carry on by their "fans" now that theyre doing well. Now I hope Chelsea rape them viciously. Except I love Snake and don't want to see him hurt. So all in all it's tough.

20 years of nothing. Let us enjoy it. We'll win one for Stevie and then we can drop back to 5th for a while.
Curious what "carry on" there is though? That Man U, arsenal, city and Chelsea fans haven't done.

GazFish35
17-04-2014, 08:31 AM
20 years of nothing. Let us enjoy it. We'll win one for Stevie and then we can drop back to 5th for a while.
Curious what "carry on" there is though? That Man U, arsenal, city and Chelsea fans haven't done.

More than any other club Liverpool fans come out of the woodwork when things are going well.
I've had countless convos at work while wearing my arsenal shirt that go like this....

Them: "oh, you go for arsenal"
Me : "yep, always will"
Them: "but they haven't won for ages"
Me: "true, but you never stop supporting, who do you follow?"
Them: "Liverpool mate, they're doing well, might have to find my old shirt if they win it"

For every Liverpool fan like Furns or Todd who wear their club on their sleeve through thick and thin theirs about 30'who hide in the shadows and come out when things are looking bright.

I hope 'pool win it. Only because the other options are teams who have tried to buy it.

pv4
17-04-2014, 08:38 AM
Palace <3

Bremsstrahlung
17-04-2014, 08:45 AM
More than any other club Liverpool fans come out of the woodwork when things are going well.
I've had countless convos at work while wearing my arsenal shirt that go like this....

Them: "oh, you go for arsenal"
Me : "yep, always will"
Them: "but they haven't won for ages"
Me: "true, but you never stop supporting, who do you follow?"
Them: "Liverpool mate, they're doing well, might have to find my old shirt if they win it"

For every Liverpool fan like Furns or Todd who wear their club on their sleeve through thick and thin theirs about 30'who hide in the shadows and come out when things are looking bright.

I hope 'pool win it. Only because the other options are teams who have tried to buy it.

That's true. But it's the same with most clubs. Where are all those Man U fans now? Definitely not as vocal as this time last year.
I just hope Chelsea don't win it. Least city play some attacking football and don't park the bus at 1-0.
I would've even preferred arsenal as they were the highlights reel at the start of the season.
I think a lot of neutral supporters are following liverpool this season as they are playing attacking football, and they are
Exciting games compared to the Chelsea park the bus at 1-0 tactic.

GazFish35
17-04-2014, 08:52 AM
I suppose I've had a sore point about closet Liverpool fans since Michael Owen beat us in the fa cup.

I was at the usual fa cup piss up with the club I playing for at the time, three gunners fans, four Liverpool fans, all openly admitting their allegiances at kick off.....and all season.

Come full time about 20 closet 'pool fans take off their coats and reveal Liverpool kit and get in your face "I knew we'd beat you" and start singing YNWA.... And get the ****ing words wrong.

I can't stand closet fans who only stick their heads out in good times, I know most clubs have them and I'm sure arsenal have our fair lot, but 'pool seem to have the most..... No doubt due to their success in the 80's

pistolpete
17-04-2014, 10:11 AM
Agree with you Gav. There has been a huge increase in people acknowledging they are fans since we have been winning. I have always had the rule that I only wear my jersey in public the day after a loss as I am happy to support my team in the bad times. You can see this is true as I keep turning up to watch the jets week after week ;-)

snake
17-04-2014, 11:12 AM
such jealousy.

if ozil is worth 42m pounds (he's not), what was suarez worth? (hint: it's not 50m and 1 pounds)

snake
17-04-2014, 11:13 AM
apparently spurs were going to sign suarez at one point too.

did anyone see bale's goal this morning?

pv4
17-04-2014, 11:48 AM
if ozil is worth 42m pounds (he's not), what was suarez worth? (hint: it's not 50m and 1 pounds)

Firstly, Arsenal bid 40m + 1 pound, not 50m + 1 pound.

Secondly, is "player value" actually a thing? A player is worth what a club is willing to spend on them. Everyone knew Arsenal had a "war chest" of money, so instantly other clubs know/knew they can drive prices up when Arsenal come knocking on the door. Same with Man City - their prices are inflated because everyone knows they pay for players with straight up oil. Ozil was so "expensive" because he had multiple clubs interested (inc Sp*rs) - which in itself drives his "value" up. Even though RM spent 100mil on Bale, they didn't necessarily need to sell Ozil. They were only ever going to do so for the right amount of money - which changes his value as well, because if it were a club who were desperate for cash the value would have been lower. Before coming to Arsenal, Ozil was one of the best players in the world - he still is. Before his injury, he had some phenomenal games that won some crucial games. Also Arsenal got Flamini on a free - when IMO he was worth at least 10m (he's been unreal - Arsene even apologized that he didn't spend money on him). When Arsenal signed Flamini, Sanogo & Ozil collectively for 42m in the offseason, I think they will feel pretty validated in doing so.

And somewhere in there is the whole we've sold a shit-tonne of shirts with Ozil on the back.

And the Suarez thing - yeah he's a great player, yeah he's had a killer season. But he was suspended for the first 7 games, and was a proven liability. He was and is a risky potential signing to anyone - Liverpool have just been lucky that he's calmed down and had a freakish season that rivals Henry's from way back when. You talk about the stats, the odds, the whole gambling thing a bit so I assume you're researched in it somewhat - Suarez was a gamble (that luckily for Pool paid off).

Also also also - if Liverpool can pay 35m for Carroll, paying 7m more for Ozil isn't outrageous at all :rof:

tl;dr in summary:

http://i.imgur.com/IRU4AfA.gif

Let's talk about how Sp*rs spent 100m :rof:

russjaybee
17-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Rofl.

Really, you're in the FA Cup semi final and slog out 120 mins to win on penalties. I would be extremely concerned if the players DIDN'T celebrate? Regardless of the difference in quality / money or whet ever it's still just blokes out on a field playing a game of football ffs. Get out of her with ya stirring qmo and co, bloody rats.

Girouds control then finish, pwhoar.
Rambo back getting assists like it aint nothing but a thing, looked classy too <3
Kallstrom talking about his first start being "fun", great to hear imo, didn't look out of place at all, keep starting him

Palace <3

Fk the haters.

Wenger will go if we don't win the FA Cup imo, regardless of 4th place.
Pretty harsh on him considering we lead the league for so long and then had a decline with massive injuries in Walcott and then man of the season Aaron Ramsey, not to mention Ozil. Though the death knell was really our January transfer window, simply not good enough.
Everyone knows (including Wenger) that if you're doing well and leading the league you still need to strengthen come January, look back to the Reyes signing (though that didn't work out totally as planned, same concept though).

I have a crush on lil Santi, it's a pleasure to watch him do the things he does with the ball at his feet.

PS yeah I'll take Diame still.

q-money
17-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Get out of her with ya stirring qmo and co, bloody rats.

you should be crushing them 6 blot, not scraping through on penzos, magic of the cup my arse, it's a disgrace

GazFish35
17-04-2014, 02:25 PM
such jealousy.

Get your facts right.
We offered 40 mil + 1.

If you're gonna "shit stir", do it right, otherwise it's just a shit "stir"

GazFish35
17-04-2014, 02:27 PM
you should be crushing them 6 blot, not scraping through on penzos, magic of the cup my arse, it's a disgrace

We are arsenal.
Well take any win at this stage.

GazFish35
17-04-2014, 02:29 PM
Wengers successor is already inside the club.

http://1nildown2oneup.net/have-arsenal-already-employed-wengers-successor-conspiracy-theory/

parksey
17-04-2014, 02:57 PM
That's true. But it's the same with most clubs. Where are all those Man U fans now? Definitely not as vocal as this time last year.
I just hope Chelsea don't win it. Least city play some attacking football and don't park the bus at 1-0.
I would've even preferred arsenal as they were the highlights reel at the start of the season.
I think a lot of neutral supporters are following liverpool this season as they are playing attacking football, and they are
Exciting games compared to the Chelsea park the bus at 1-0 tactic.

i don't know many people who like or support man utd.

Premy
17-04-2014, 03:39 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/louis-van-gaal-eyes-arsenal-3407086

Doesn't seem to be that bad of a move either.

Serious thought on Van Gaal but?

goaliepersempre
17-04-2014, 05:54 PM
Serious thought on Van Gaal but?

Ok its back on.... lol

Van Gaal is basically the reason why FC Bayern are so good today..... He started the reinjuvination after the Hitzfeld era... (the key german players not bought, Lahm, Bastian, Muller etc all were pushed and promoted by Van Gaal.

But I dont wont wenger to go, he isnt finished. If he does its basically a leaving due to unwarrented media pressure...

FFS Liverpool are where they are cause they havent had any major injuries, The Oil Dollars is cause they have much bigger squads.. Out of the Top sides we do have the smallest side.. And despite all of our injuries i.e Walcott, Wilshire, the man Ramsey and the best midfielder in the Premier if you dont think that, you are stark raving mad and have no idea about football... we are still only 10 points behind in the title race. Yes recruitment wasnt good in Jan. But PV4 mentioned it, we have gotten to a size where everyone drives up the prices cause they know its arsenal. Although we do have a warchest, its still valid to not go crazy....

It seems whenever Arsenal fails its always we are always put on a hire pedestal then the rest. Its an axe to grind...

Im glad they celebrated.. FFS we are in the cup final any team would. They did knock out other big sides. PLUS its a typical answer from people that didnt watch the game, we hit the post a few times, shot cleared of the line etc.. It should have been 4-1 atleast.

anyways jog on.

QUE SERA SERA
WHAT EVER WILL BE WILL BE
WHERE GOING TO WEMBLEY
QUE SERA SERA

plague
17-04-2014, 06:32 PM
on a hire pedestal

Typical Arsenal.
Not even willing to invest in a pedestal. Always trying to get one on loan.

goaliepersempre
17-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Typical Arsenal.
Not even willing to invest in a pedestal. Always trying to get one on loan.

well played.. Quickly writing whilst in uni...

hawk
17-04-2014, 08:34 PM
It seems whenever Arsenal fails its always we are always put on a hire pedestal then the rest. Its an axe to grind..

when was the last time arse really failed. top 4 for the last twenny yrs with a few fa's and prem wins. there's not a whole lot wrong

Bremsstrahlung
17-04-2014, 08:43 PM
imo, they beat Liverpool in the cup. So it hasn't been an "easy" cup run.

hawk
17-04-2014, 08:56 PM
imo, they beat Liverpool in the cup. So it hasn't been an "easy" cup run.

not easy but if they had some away games the results may have been different but you can say that about other teams for any other cup year also.

GazFish35
17-04-2014, 11:18 PM
That's the romance of the cup! (TM)

Even our away draws have been in London.

hawk
18-04-2014, 09:59 AM
That's the romance of the cup! (TM)

Even our away draws have been in London.

if consitency could earn a cup then then arsene has earned one.

pv4
22-04-2014, 10:52 AM
SB just a quick catchup on the St Totteringhams Day race:

Arsenal: played 35 games, 70 points, +21 GD
Sp*rs: played 35 games, 63 points, +2 GD

If Arsenal win at least 1 out of their remaining three games (Newcastle @ home, West Brom @ home, Norwich away), Happy St Totteringhams Day. If Arsenal lose all three of their remaining games, Sp*rs need at least 2 wins and 1 draw (Stoke away, West Ham away, Aston Villa @ home) plus need to make up 19 goals in GD, or else Happy St Totteringhams Day. If Sp*rs are to avoid St Totteringhams Day, Arsenal need to lose at least one of their remaining three games - they can't draw all of them.

Are those numbers correct SB?

Premy
22-04-2014, 11:13 AM
If If Sp*rs are to avoid St Totteringhams Day, Arsenal need to lose at least one of their remaining three games - they can't draw all of them.

Are those numbers correct SB?
Gooners win 1 game it's all over Spuds need to win all remaining games and Gooners need to get less then 2 points from the remaining fixtures

GazFish35
22-04-2014, 03:14 PM
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~mikepitt/totteringham.html
Arsenal need just 3 points from three games to beat Spurs. So if we win or Spurs lose next weekend it is all over. Similarly if both teams draw. To avoid St T's Spurs need to do better than Arsenal next week.
All calculations here.

timmy_v
22-04-2014, 04:12 PM
If my quick google is correct, Sunday 18 May at 2am Sydney time.

May join you aswell :lol:

pv4
22-04-2014, 04:23 PM
May join you aswell :lol:

:rof: I fully expect a Squadron-style shoes-and-shirts-off in the crowd if we win - I'll look out for you on the telly :rof:

hawk
22-04-2014, 09:29 PM
FFS Liverpool are where they are cause they havent had any major injuries, The Oil Dollars is cause they have much bigger squads.. Out of the Top sides we do have the smallest side.. And despite all of our injuries i.e Walcott, Wilshire, the man Ramsey and the best midfielder in the Premier if you dont think that, you are stark raving mad and have no idea about football... we are still only 10 points behind in the title race. Yes recruitment wasnt good in Jan. But PV4 mentioned it, we have gotten to a size where everyone drives up the prices cause they know its arsenal. Although we do have a warchest, its still valid to not go crazy....

It seems whenever Arsenal fails its always we are always put on a hire pedestal then the rest. Its an axe to grind...

wtf? sells their sole to united then spouts about having best midfields in the league, recruitment to expensive? pelease what pills are they handing out at uni these days cause im going back for some.

Ranger-86
27-04-2014, 10:50 AM
Always thought everton wouldnt be able to handle the pressure , now we need to kill the race of with a win on monday and we can fully focus on fa cup.

GazFish35
27-04-2014, 02:58 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kG5l-8RRIVU&feature=youtu.be

Goal compilations always make you feel better about your side.

Jeterpool
27-04-2014, 05:12 PM
They'll win provided they aren't complacent.

goaliepersempre
28-04-2014, 05:28 AM
:rof: I fully expect a Squadron-style shoes-and-shirts-off in the crowd if we win - I'll look out for you on the telly :rof:

:cool:

goaliepersempre
29-04-2014, 07:29 AM
Watching the Game, man if only ramsey and ozil where fit all season...

pv4
29-04-2014, 08:22 AM
SB pls

Skirt Boy
29-04-2014, 09:04 AM
SB pls

Seasons not finished yet!

:sup:

GazFish35
29-04-2014, 09:52 AM
Seasons not finished yet!

:sup:

happy St Tott's day bud.

pv4
29-04-2014, 10:21 AM
Yep a very warm, happy & safe St Totteringham's Day to all

russjaybee
29-04-2014, 11:18 AM
St Totteringham's day, brilliant.

Also, hilarious.

GazFish35
29-04-2014, 12:18 PM
Nineteen years in a row: 28th April 2014

There are no teenage fans of Tottenham who were alive last time Spurs finished above Arsenal. There are no Spurs fans below about 24 who will really remember when they last finished above Arsenal (and if they do then they'll remember how many trophies we won that year!).

Time to collect on the bets. Again.

An April St Totteringham's is the earliest we've had since 2008/9, and 36 games comes as a welcome relief after two successive final day St Ts. We only needed 35 in 2010/11 despite it being on May 7.

A £1 bet invested at double-or-quits started in 1995/1996 would now need a payment of £262,144. Almost buy a season ticket with that...

ENJOY ST TOTTERINGHAM'S DAY 2014!

source: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~mikepitt/totteringham.html

furns
29-04-2014, 01:17 PM
Operation: Paper Over The Cracks is almost complete.

wd Arsene

russjaybee
29-04-2014, 01:29 PM
LOL'd at the season ticket comment.

I almost feel bad... almost...

hawk
29-04-2014, 04:17 PM
i prefer to hang in this place
where the riggers of titles are not fierce,
but theres a peaceful flow of champions league future
and a cup final round the corner.

GazFish35
29-04-2014, 06:09 PM
Operation: Paper Over The Cracks is almost complete.

wd Arsene

Oh he knows there's cracks.
He nearly walked.
I think he's seen what happened an man Utd and wil be working longer to sort some succession planning.

Youth set up has already been overhauled, lots of old boys have lost their jobs.

Tommyjet
29-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Big off season to see if those cracks get acknowledged. Close to another interesting offseason as all jets fan/gooners have become accustomed to recently

Skirt Boy
29-04-2014, 09:31 PM
Millions die everyday to a lack of clean water, food and disease.

Russia has invaded Ukraine.

China denies Tibet the right of self determination.

Abbot is the Prime Minister.

Think we have bigger things to worry about then football to be honest

pv4
29-04-2014, 09:48 PM
Millions die everyday to a lack of clean water, food and disease.

Russia has invaded Ukraine.

China denies Tibet the right of self determination.

Abbot is the Prime Minister.

Think we have bigger things to worry about then football to be honest

So are you saying the 100m Sp*rs spent last off season should have been used for better things?

Skirt Boy
29-04-2014, 10:31 PM
So are you saying the 100m Sp*rs spent last off season should have been used for better things?

Imagine how many more kids in Africa could be going to school on that money?

And lets face it. When you have a 20 year old who's come through the ranks eclipsing a 27 million pound striker. WTF!

russjaybee
30-04-2014, 04:13 PM
Lol SB, don't feed the trolls. pv4 the rat will just lap this shit up :P

The more things change the more they stay the same it seems?

Don't worry we're probably going to choke the FA Cup and buy another perma-injured 20 something frenchman from a Ligue 2 club.

pv4
30-04-2014, 04:32 PM

You know the person who calls someone a rat? A rat.

Don't listen to this gypo, SB. We love to hate you in here.

A loss in the FA Cup would be straight up heartbreaking. But goaliepersempre & timmyv will be there, and they will bring the boys home hopefully!

Just listening to The Tuesday Club and they droppped this interesting fact - in a list of the top 10 amount of kms run in a single game by an individual in the EPL this season, Flamini has featured 6 times (6 times in the top 8, apparently). What a man! Deadset my favourite Arsenal player.

russjaybee
30-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Shit I didn't know goaliepersempre was going? Cool.

Man is Tuesday Club still going? I haven't listened in ages, it got a bit crap at one point I reckon, might give it another whirl.

Flamini is the man and he loves the team. Passion.
What a signing.

Skirt Boy
30-04-2014, 10:42 PM

The more things change the more they stay the same it seems?

Don't worry we're probably going to choke the FA Cup and buy another perma-injured 20 something frenchman from a Ligue 2 club.

You don't understand the North London Derby. Whilst there is legitimate reasons for utter hatred (Woolwich moving to North London, Woolwich bribing the FA to be promoted so Tottenham can get relegated) and the utter hatred still is still there. Both sides enjoy the dick waving and trolling and it's actually quite friendly.

http://youtu.be/q45RVJaJ4dQ?t=1m52s as shown by this

GazFish35
01-05-2014, 09:04 AM
You don't understand the North London Derby. Whilst there is legitimate reasons for utter hatred (Woolwich moving to North London, Woolwich bribing the FA to be promoted so Tottenham can get relegated) and the utter hatred still is still there. Both sides enjoy the dick waving and trolling and it's actually quite friendly.

That "bribe" you speak of has never been proved.
And, the money from that bribe saved the southern part of the league from losing any political power it had.

pv4
01-05-2014, 09:43 AM

Tottenham wasn't apart of London until 1963. They've never won the league whilst being a London club. Arsenal have been apart of London since at least 1913.

http://angryofislington.com/2012/07/31/who-was-in-north-london-first-arsenal-or-spurs/

Out of interest, would you have dropped this whole "Wanderers" vendetta if you guys were chosen for the Olympic Stadium?

And what ever happened to "taking the defeat like sportsmen"?

Like Gaz said - just saying "there must have been a bribe" is no means to holding a 100 year grudge on.

pv4
01-05-2014, 10:22 AM
Man is Tuesday Club still going? I haven't listened in ages, it got a bit crap at one point I reckon, might give it another whirl.

Yeah I still listen to every time they do a new pod. They very roughly just base when they do a pod off when Alan is free. Had a good laugh at the most recent one.

hawk
01-05-2014, 12:16 PM
getting promoted from 5th, just a bit dodgy

russjaybee
01-05-2014, 12:44 PM

On the contrary, I do understand it. It's just come to the point that I pity you lot and actually feel for you because it's just become far too easy.

Mate if I was a spurs fan that would be the biggest insult of all.

I mean seriously we don't even have to do anything but sit back and watch you lot to get a laugh. Fan's celebrating ghost goals, Harry getting his dog to do his accounting, spending 100 mil and still being shite. At one point we even had arguably the worst Arsene team and the best Spuds team and you still couldn't finish above us. It's gone past a joke and it's just sad now.

You're shite and quite frankly it's become boring beating you lot every year.

What's the time?

pv4
01-05-2014, 12:56 PM
getting promoted from 5th, just a bit dodgy

Let us not forget they were "promoting/relegating", if you can use those words in this context, from the ladder results 5 years prior as the league had been suspended for the war.

Regardless of who went up, Sp*rs finished dead last in first division so were always destined to be relegated (regardless of who replaced them). By the time the vote happened, 5 years later, more than double the amount of people voted Arsenal as a better prospect than Sp*rs to take the remaining First Division spot. And let us not forget Sp*rs were pretty heavy-handed in self-promoting themselves leading up to the voting either.

GazFish35
01-05-2014, 05:00 PM
never been relegated since.

suggests the right decision was amde.

hawk
04-05-2014, 11:40 AM
liverpool also improved after the great war due to other parts of England getting smashed by the hun.

GazFish35
04-05-2014, 03:33 PM
https://vine.co/v/MrPa1zHurW9

Adebayor in the wall!

Farken lol.

pv4
05-05-2014, 10:15 AM
So happy we've wrapped up 4th place again.

To see how well Liverpools season has unfolded, to see City & Chelsea doing their thing, to see Everton be pretty freaking good under Martinez, and also to see Manure & Sp*rs spending 70m & 100m respectively :rof: , I'm super stoked we were competitive enough overall in the season to wrap up a Champions League spot.

Would have loved to see Rambo play out the whole season, I genuinely feel like we could have given the title race more of a shakeup if he hadn't gotten injured. Hoping next year we get a better run of injuries (ala Liverpool this season).

Really hope we can win the FA Cup, will be heaps disappointed if we don't.

St Totteringham's Day, Arsene's 4th place trophy, and an FA Cup win would just be fantastic IMO.

PS a big FU to all the "enjoy Europa League", "we'll finish above Woolwich" etc guys.

Jeterpool
05-05-2014, 10:23 AM
https://vine.co/v/MrPa1zHurW9

Adebayor in the wall!

Farken lol.

:roflz:

GazFish35
05-05-2014, 12:09 PM
:roflz:

it gets funnier each time you watch it.

Premy
05-05-2014, 12:38 PM
So happy we've wrapped up 4th place again.

To see how well Liverpools season has unfolded, to see City & Chelsea doing their thing, to see Everton be pretty freaking good under Martinez, and also to see Manure & Sp*rs spending 70m & 100m respectively :rof: , I'm super stoked we were competitive enough overall in the season to wrap up a Champions League spot.

Would have loved to see Rambo play out the whole season, I genuinely feel like we could have given the title race more of a shakeup if he hadn't gotten injured. Hoping next year we get a better run of injuries (ala Liverpool this season).

Really hope we can win the FA Cup, will be heaps disappointed if we don't.

St Totteringham's Day, Arsene's 4th place trophy, and an FA Cup win would just be fantastic IMO.

PS a big FU to all the "enjoy Europa League", "we'll finish above Woolwich" etc guys.

No mention of the £70 million war chest Wenger failed to utilize at the start of the season to end up rushing to get Ozil for well over what his worth(in before the look at the money Hodgson and Dalglish threw away) and going into the new year No1 only to drop out of the 4 at one stage to a team on half the budget as Arsenal's.

russjaybee
05-05-2014, 06:19 PM
Injuries to Theo!!!! (and a lesser extent AOC), Rambo and Ozil should not be underestimated.
We lost a lot of our directness in attack.

For me our biggest failing this seasons was the January transfer window. Absolutely needed to do business at this time and not doing so was catastrophic (over-playing rambo etc).

Frodo
14-05-2014, 11:06 AM
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/05/13/exclusive-arsenal-to-table-record-breaking-55m-goal-machine-bid-as-arsene-wenger-seeks-to-tie-up-deal-before-world-cup/

This would be the statement of intent we always talk about.

Cavani, Aurier, Kouyate and Schniederlin (Martinez if he is actually unhappy) would be a solid and successful transfer window. Here's dreaming.....

Even Barry, Remy and Aurier would fill the basic needs we have, thats only 15 million all together or so. Sit on the rest of the money until a world class player becomes available for cheap, like Ozil... Which will totally happen again.

Bremsstrahlung
14-05-2014, 11:47 AM
Caught offside is renowned for talking shit. Looked at it a lot this time last year and it was linking liverpool to every player under the sun. Sure, they recycled articles on the well publicised ones, but there were articles linking us to hulk, navas, mata, Alonso to name a few.

Frodo
15-05-2014, 04:07 PM
Haha, I love Caught Offside, they hedge their bets.. Link every player with every team and you can never be wrong.. Cavani is unhappy tho. If he becomes available we have a lot of upfront cash to offer.

Unfortunately, it's always a slow/expensive transfer window when the World Cup is on.

I keep hearing that we have activated Carlos Vela buy back clause for 3.3 million.. he and Campbell into the first team could be OK. If no one else is available. I don't to want us to overpay on a Torres/Carroll type situation.

joel31
15-05-2014, 05:17 PM
Vela has been doing really well in Spain and hes a good player to have but I'm afraid he isn't World Class, Benzema or Cavani quality

pv4
15-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Vela may be hesitant to return to us due to how we treated him last time round in terms of game time. In saying that, after the mini saga we went through for so many years to actually sign him it'd be lovely for that to pay off in a big way.

But with theo back, gnabry on the rise, the intent to sign a 20m+ striker, I can't see him getting a lot of action for us. 3-4m to sign him and eventually sell him for 10+ would be some nice trading though!

TXK
16-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Vela may be hesitant to return to us due to how we treated him last time round in terms of game time. In saying that, after the mini saga we went through for so many years to actually sign him it'd be lovely for that to pay off in a big way.

But with theo back, gnabry on the rise, the intent to sign a 20m+ striker, I can't see him getting a lot of action for us. 3-4m to sign him and eventually sell him for 10+ would be some nice trading though!

Agree with the view that Vela would be hesitant. Pretty sure he was quoted as saying he would never return to Arsenal earlier this season. Though as we all know, it's hard to know what to believe what we hear in the media, especially coming from Spain.

Premy
18-05-2014, 02:59 AM
No F.A Cup thread this will do.

The whole Hull team belting out God Save the Queen, camera zooms to Arsenal just Gibbs singing it. lol

Grimario
18-05-2014, 03:05 AM
:lol:

GazFish35
18-05-2014, 04:33 AM
Cracking final.

Grimario
18-05-2014, 04:34 AM
It's fantastic. Definitely worth staying up for!

GazFish35
18-05-2014, 04:49 AM
5 mins added

GazFish35
18-05-2014, 05:00 AM
Atletico 1-1. Laliga champions.

Premy
18-05-2014, 05:29 AM
That was almost embarrassing, Cup has been carved already

Grimario
18-05-2014, 05:34 AM
what a game. ****ing hell.

Now sleep.

joel31
18-05-2014, 05:52 AM
Why sleep Grim. Bayern Dortmund is next

joel31
18-05-2014, 05:53 AM
Fantastic game + Arsenal winners :)

Grimario
18-05-2014, 06:10 AM
Why sleep Grim. Bayern Dortmund is next

Aye, watching it. Mrs Grim really better let me sleep tomorrow.

Bremsstrahlung
18-05-2014, 09:38 AM
Haven't seen so many Arsenal supporters on my Facebook since Novemberhttp://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/loisirs/dehors/mauvaisepeche.gif

Tommyjet
18-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Yyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Premy
18-05-2014, 10:03 AM
Haven't seen so many Arsenal supporters on my Facebook since Novemberhttp://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/loisirs/dehors/mauvaisepeche.gif
Is true.

GazFish35
18-05-2014, 10:28 AM
Not as many as the amount of hill fans who came from nowhere at about 2:10am this morning, then crawled back under the rock from which they came about 15 minutes later.

hawk
18-05-2014, 10:36 AM
Cracking final.

2 hours i cant get back. first 30 mins amazing then the predictabilty bored me to tears. wear them down 1 then 2 then 3 but why take that long to do it. thnk fk for remote skip button. result never in doubt at 2-1.

pv4
18-05-2014, 10:43 AM
Unreal

When is the last time any other team won a trophy ffs

hawk
18-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Unreal

When is the last time any other team won a trophy ffs

panties knotted? i wouldnt begrudge Hull a trophy

GazFish35
18-05-2014, 11:32 AM
2 hours i cant get back. first 30 mins amazing then the predictabilty bored me to tears. wear them down 1 then 2 then 3 but why take that long to do it. thnk fk for remote skip button. result never in doubt at 2-1.

Cracking final. Not cracking game.

Would have been far worse to watch (for neutrals) if Arsneal were up 2-0 in 10 minutes and could sit on the lead.

hawk
18-05-2014, 11:59 AM
Cracking final. Not cracking game.

Would have been far worse to watch (for neutrals) if Arsneal were up 2-0 in 10 minutes and could sit on the lead.

very true

la bazzle
18-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Good for the game. The no trophy thing was humorous but was taking away from liverpool and man utd memes and lolz. I dislike arsenal the least of the three

Rocky
18-05-2014, 01:13 PM

Surely this is a pisstake and I just don't realise it? How can you say it was never in doubt while we were losing? WE WERE LOSING! I had plenty of doubts. Add that to the fact we waited another hour to equalise and then needed extra time to win it and they still nearly pulled one back at the death. I guess my powers of foresight just aren't as strong as yours Hawk.

GazFish35
18-05-2014, 09:27 PM
http://www1.thesportbible.com/images/content/630w/5373886addd09.jpg-large

plague
18-05-2014, 10:22 PM
Seriously though, fair play and all, but that ****ing dinosaur thingy.
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/PA-19849451-650x404.jpg

GazFish35
19-05-2014, 12:11 AM
Gunnersaurus!

Junior gunners mascot.
Been around since '93

goaliepersempre
19-05-2014, 08:19 AM
WOWWWWWWWW....... what a crazy past few days... Literally have no voice left. That was amazing yet so painful aswell.......

what can i say. the atmosphere was electric.... great banter between us and hull...

but wembley like the tuesday club guys say FFS with the music... end of the game playing music over the celebrations. Just let the fans sing.......

russjaybee
19-05-2014, 10:40 AM
Super jealous of you being there man! Was thinking about it whilst watching!

Incredible game, hawk is clearly not an Arsenal fan if he thought the result was never in doubt at 2-1.
There was not a minute in that game I was confident that we would go on and win it, horrifying stuff.

Props to Wenger for playing Fab too, most people thought that Szcz would get the nod as the starting keeper.

Bloody hell that was a draining game, gibbs my lord. Giroud's header. Fab going for a typical Arsenal gk run at the end there. Madness.

Edit: And how can we forget about that finish by Ramsey, holy shit.

plague
19-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Gunnersaurus!

Junior gunners mascot.
Been around since '93

Aids has been around longer.
Don't make it right.

Premy
19-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Aids has been around longer.
Don't make it right.:lulzturtle:

Skirt Boy
19-05-2014, 04:04 PM
All this masturbation about winning a trophy that in all honesty nobody gives a **** about about is funny.

joel31
19-05-2014, 04:48 PM
All this masturbation about winning a trophy that in all honesty nobody gives a **** about about is funny.
well spurs can win any trophies or finish above Arsenal. That is even funnier

goaliepersempre
19-05-2014, 06:06 PM

Its happened again, its happened again... Tottenham Hotspur its happened again......

Jog on.......

Skirt Boy
19-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Meh we first won the thing as a non-league club at time when Arsenal were still nothing but Gypos on the south side of the river. :P

GazFish35
19-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Lucky you have such have good memory. Not much recently to keep you lot going.

parksey
19-05-2014, 08:27 PM

you mean like when you lot made a big deal about winning the league cup?

plague
19-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Sounds like Jack Wilshere has a message for Skirt Boy:

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/E506E587691079789***948888064_14004160812616f934c2 2f7.mp4.mp4?versionId=6sAvWuoq9ZocCLo5lbrYwUkJxLPK q5FZ

Dear Gooners: is this legit or what?
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/nike-20-yrs-shirt-arsenal-650x470.png

Jeterpool
19-05-2014, 09:19 PM

Wasn't it still the worthington cup then?? :gent:

pv4
19-05-2014, 11:50 PM

:rof:

Yo SB, you told us all to "wait till the end of the season". Well where is your response pal? We won the cup, we made champs, we celebrated st totts day. We didn't slip.

100m and you did nothing.

I hope you feel as bad as your season was :rof:

Skirt Boy
20-05-2014, 12:21 AM

Yo SB, you told us all to "wait till the end of the season". Well where is your response pal? We won the cup, we made champs, we celebrated st totts day. We didn't slip.

I've got my photography and models.........................

GazFish35
20-05-2014, 01:55 AM
To be fair to skirt boy and the spurs fans, jack's rendition of "what do we think of Tottenham?" Might cause some rifts with the spurs boys in the World Cup squad.

pv4
20-05-2014, 08:35 AM
To be fair to skirt boy and the spurs fans, jack's rendition of "what do we think of Tottenham?" Might cause some rifts with the spurs boys in the World Cup squad.

IIRC Jack has a pretty healthy relationship with the Sp*rs boys in the WC squad. Don't they make 10k+ bets on who finishes higher each season, and stuff like that? I wouldn't be surprised if this kind of banter is kept up DURING national team training camps etc TBH - and I bet it is a great way of breaking the ice between club rivals.

pv4
20-05-2014, 09:58 AM
Dear Gooners: is this legit or what?
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/nike-20-yrs-shirt-arsenal-650x470.png

TBH I like it.

Contro il calcio moderno and all that, but I think it's a nice touch for our kit supplier of 20 years.

IMO it doesn't look THAT much worse than some of Warriors non-home-kit efforts, which had actual design and effort put into it and wasn't just a novelty :rof:

GazFish35
20-05-2014, 10:51 AM
IIRC Jack has a pretty healthy relationship with the Sp*rs boys in the WC squad. Don't they make 10k+ bets on who finishes higher each season, and stuff like that? I wouldn't be surprised if this kind of banter is kept up DURING national team training camps etc TBH - and I bet it is a great way of breaking the ice between club rivals.

LOL.

have you seen the Spurs players named in the squad?
I havent.

plague
20-05-2014, 12:24 PM
LOL.

have you seen the Spurs players named in the squad?
I havent.

Yeah geez lads, even I got Mr Fishs joke.
Speaking of, anyone hear the whinge from Defoe about not getting picked (pataphrasing) said it's 'baffling' and he doesn't know why he's not picked.

Errrrr, maybe coz he's shit?

Just a thought.

hawk
20-05-2014, 02:32 PM

Stop baiting SB for ffs, he'll keep holding back on the pics

GazFish35
22-05-2014, 12:49 AM
Tuesday club pod is up.

pv4
22-05-2014, 10:23 AM
Tuesday club pod is up.

About time!!

It's back on

goaliepersempre
24-05-2014, 09:04 PM
the pod is great.....

a week on and still in awe.. what a day it was in london... :)

Onwards to bigger and better :)

russjaybee
26-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Rof come on pv4 sharpen up mate, spurs players in the world cup squad, hilarious.

I've been milking this fa cup win till the teat is dry and bleeding. Love it.

How's old mate passing out in the Wembley dunnies, gold.

goaliepersempre
26-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Rof come on pv4 sharpen up mate, spurs players in the world cup squad, hilarious.

I've been milking this fa cup win till the teat is dry and bleeding. Love it.

How's old mate passing out in the Emirates dunnies, gold.

Fixed.... so funny

lquiquer
30-05-2014, 11:46 PM
And Wenger signs new deal....

pv4
03-06-2014, 08:32 AM
Rumour has it Remy is all but signed. A week or two ago I kept seeing figures for 8m or so being thrown around as the amount Redknapp would let him go for. Good price if we've got him for that much!

Apparently Arsene offered Stoke 2.5m for Begovic to come in as our number 2 GK and neither the club nor player were keen on it :rof:

Frodo
03-06-2014, 09:13 AM
Rumour has it Remy is all but signed. A week or two ago I kept seeing figures for 8m or so being thrown around as the amount Redknapp would let him go for. Good price if we've got him for that much!

He will do well as a backup striker or even when we need to inject some pace behind defenders. If he can score 14 goals in front of Newcastle's midfield he should do well with Ozil/Cazorla/Rosicky feeding him in the box.

Is anyone other than myself keen on the Balotelli rumours? He's 23 and not much more expensive than Morata, who is half the player Mario is when on his game. I don't know much about the North London area but hopefully he will have enough to do so that he doesn't get bored and set fire to a maid or something.
Wenger won't treat him like crap, like Mancini and some of the Italian fans did, and i think he is getting to an age where he could finally focus his aim and become one of the best in the world if he really wants to.

Frodo
11-07-2014, 07:58 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10959348/Alexis-Sanchez-signing-excites-Arsenal-says-Arsene-Wenger-with-Mathieu-Debuchy-also-lined-up.html
First signing of the window.. Not bad a start either.

baldrick
11-07-2014, 08:38 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10959348/Alexis-Sanchez-signing-excites-Arsenal-says-Arsene-Wenger-with-Mathieu-Debuchy-also-lined-up.html
First signing of the window.. Not bad a start either.

Handy...

GazFish35
11-07-2014, 10:09 AM
Kit looks good too.

pv4
11-07-2014, 10:13 AM
I really like the away kit

http://i.imgur.com/ncirgG4.png

pv4
11-07-2014, 10:15 AM
http://giant.gfycat.com/UnselfishExemplaryBeagle.gif

Skirt Boy
11-07-2014, 12:13 PM
the third kit looks like a cheap knock off of Spurs away kit.

****ing gypos

pv4
11-07-2014, 12:33 PM
the third kit looks like a cheap knock off of Spurs away kit.

****ing gypos

I haven't bothered to get a good look at it but first impressions says it looks like our 11/12 away kit.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/images/Arsenal-11-12-Nike-125th-anniversary-away-kit-a.jpg

I'm not sure of the reasoning behind Spurs away kit being the colours they are but this is why the 11/12 kit (and I'm assuming this years third kit) are:

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/11/12-Kits/arsenal-2011-2012-nike-125th-anniversary-away-kit.html

The front of the new away shirt is divided into two halves, one navy blue and one turquoise blue, inspired by the away kits worn by Arsenal teams from the past. The diagonal line represents the gnomon (the pointer) which casts the shadow on a sundial - to commemorate the original Dial Square sundial on the site of the Arsenal munitions factory in Woolwich, where the Club was founded in 1886.

The back of the shirt is entirely navy blue, with one sleeve navy and the other turquoise blue. A stripe runs down each sleeve, broken into three parts to further represent the Dial Square sundial.

parksey
11-07-2014, 12:50 PM
away kit looks too much like liverpool's away kit

Skirt Boy
11-07-2014, 12:57 PM
I haven't bothered to get a good look at it but first impressions says it looks like our 11/12 away kit.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/images/Arsenal-11-12-Nike-125th-anniversary-away-kit-a.jpg

I'm not sure of the reasoning behind Spurs away kit being the colours they are but this is why the 11/12 kit (and I'm assuming this years third kit) are:

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/11/12-Kits/arsenal-2011-2012-nike-125th-anniversary-away-kit.html

Tottenham

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Tottenham_Hotspur/Tottenham_Hotspur.htm

I guess it makes sense basing your away kit on the colours of the club you try to emulate.

khunts

Frodo
11-07-2014, 05:07 PM
Tottenham

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Tottenham_Hotspur/Tottenham_Hotspur.htm

I guess it makes sense basing your away kit on the colours of the club you try to emulate.

khunts

Feel free to point out which year you think it looks like? I must be struggling in my old age to see the similarities to any of them. Emulating the Spuds sounds like fun change, we can sack our manager every transfer window, throw every cent we can on players that don't improve our position on the ladder and strive for a Europa League spot. I'm getting bored of all these years playing in the CL..

Captain Obvious
11-07-2014, 06:13 PM
That new home shirt is a blatant knock off of an Arsenal shirt.
I wish they would come up with their own design.

GazFish35
11-07-2014, 06:26 PM
Feel free to point out which year you think it looks like? I must be struggling in my old age to see the similarities to any of them. Emulating the Spuds sounds like fun change, we can sack our manager every transfer window, throw every cent we can on players that don't improve our position on the ladder and strive for a Europa League spot. I'm getting bored of all these years playing in the CL..

I'm waiting for the moment we sell our best player to an overseas club, which then allows them to release a transfer target of our local rival.

pv4
15-07-2014, 10:18 AM
Sanchez signing is just awesome. I think he'll fit in so well.

Khedira looks likely to happen over the next couple of days. As much as it pains me to leave Jack out, I can now start to see Khedira and Rambo working together really well.

Debuchy has apparently been likely even before Sanchez, so I have no idea what's holding him up. EDIT: apparently what is holding it up is when Newcastle can get the deal done for the Dutch RB they're chasing through.

We'll need a backup GK now that Fab has gone. Apparently we bid for Begovic but he said no to being a bench warmer, and latest rumours I read was Ospina so we'll see whether he's keen or not.

We'll need another CB when Verm to Manure is confirmed.

Cavani to EPL is doing the rounds but I can't see us going for him. I think Wenger has too much faith in Giroud.

Apart from that, I think we're looking pretty good. The important thing for us this year is to stay injury free (lol) and I think we can go all the way and compete for at least 2 trophies.

GazFish35
15-07-2014, 03:00 PM
and compete for at least 2 trophies.

we're a 50/50 to win the charity sheild.

Tommyjet
15-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Sanchez signing is just awesome. I think he'll fit in so well.

Khedira looks likely to happen over the next couple of days. As much as it pains me to leave Jack out, I can now start to see Khedira and Rambo working together really well.

Debuchy has apparently been likely even before Sanchez, so I have no idea what's holding him up. EDIT: apparently what is holding it up is when Newcastle can get the deal done for the Dutch RB they're chasing through.

We'll need a backup GK now that Fab has gone. Apparently we bid for Begovic but he said no to being a bench warmer, and latest rumours I read was Ospina so we'll see whether he's keen or not.

We'll need another CB when Verm to Manure is confirmed.

Cavani to EPL is doing the rounds but I can't see us going for him. I think Wenger has too much faith in Giroud.

Apart from that, I think we're looking pretty good. The important thing for us this year is to stay injury free (lol) and I think we can go all the way and compete for at least 2 trophies.

Yeah exciting times. I think wenger realises its time to win multiple trophies before he retires and that our time winning nothing while paying off the stadium will be embarrassing if we don't go on to be more successful from now on. Being linked with some good quality players and even signing another world class player in alexis is certainly looking promising

GazFish35
15-07-2014, 07:53 PM
^^^^
On this point of financial frugality, did anyone read the article from the independent?

I'll try and find it.

GazFish35
16-07-2014, 09:44 AM
found it...was the telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10601900/Arsenal-have-reached-their-Promised-Land-Why-2014-is-such-a-big-year-for-Arsene-Wenger-and-the-Gunners.html

The Woolwich Suite at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium almost doubles as a museum of football as well as a lucrative area for corporate hospitality. Quotes from great players of the past, all the way from Alex James and Cliff Bastin to Dennis Bergkamp and Patrick Vieira, adorn the walls alongside various club mottos. ‘Victory through harmony’ and ‘Forward’ are among the most visible. Yet it is backwards in time that you really must step to fully understand why Monday's gathering in the Woolwich Suite was such a significant moment.

A full decade has now passed not just since the legendary ‘Invincibles’ team of 2003-4 but also a series of boardroom decisions which might ultimately prove even more significant in Arsenal’s history. At the same time as overseeing an unbeaten Premier League season, Arsene Wenger was instrumental in the final planning for a period more than 10 years into the future when Arsenal would aim to reposition themselves for a generation of success. It was always accepted that the club must wait until 2014 for the full realisation of this strategy and this was brought into sharp focus on Monday by the confirmation of the most lucrative kit deal in British football and a new contract that will take Wenger past 20 years at the club.

Back in 2000, when the club bought an industrial and waste disposal estate in Ashburton Grove, the logic was simple. Arsenal’s Highbury home might have oozed history and character but it simply did not generate the incomes that would sustain the club in the same elite league as Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Manchester United and Barcelona.

A new stadium was conceived and, although there would be the immediate benefit of additional matchday revenue upon opening the Emirates in 2006, loans of £260 million had to be paid back. A serious restriction on the club’s commercial income has also been absorbed. This is because Arsenal had accepted a series of unusually long-term deals for their main commercial revenue streams from kit manufacturer Nike and shirt sponsor Emirates. These deals might have seemed enticing in the early 2000s – and were necessary to secure the funding for a stadium that eventually cost £390 million – but have subsequently fallen well behind their main competitors.

It is why 2014 has long been regarded as some sort of Promised Land in the corridors of the Emirates. The old commercial deals will elapse this summer, Arsenal have been free to negotiate a series of new partnerships and their three main revenue streams – matchday, broadcast and commercial - can all now be fully maximised going forward.

In short, this summer was always going to be the moment when the years of relative ration and harvest would finally be rewarded. Back around 2000, when this vision was being formed, the wider landscape in 2014 could only be guessed at. But if you had told Wenger then that Liverpool, Everton and Tottenham would still be nowhere near sorting their own stadium issues, he would have been entitled to suppose that Arsenal and Manchester United’s dominance would be assured.

Manchester City and Chelsea, with close to £1 billion of benefactor investment apiece, have fundamentally altered the picture but Arsenal still now find themselves in an envious position compared to most of their competitors.

On its own, the £150 million five-year Puma deal provides between £22 million and £26 million of extra money each and every year. The new Emirates shirt sponsorship deal does roughly the same. Together with other smaller commercial partnerships, the difference in the club’s commercial income next year compared with last year will be around £70 million. And the important point to remember is that this is not some sort of one-off payment but a yearly change that will be fully available for transfer fees and wages each and every year. It means that, from 2014-15, Arsenal will become one of the select few clubs in Europe to generate more than £300 million a year.

There is considerable internal pride at this achievement and it was not hard to read between the lines when Ivan Gazidis, the chief executive, addressed the media. "I think it is a validation of the things we are doing right,” he said. “Our club has walked an independent path, standing on our own two feet, and thinking long term about that progression.” He went on to specifically add that Arsenal had got to where they are “without state funding or the help of a benefactor” but through the work of people who “love” the club. “When we do achieve success it will be incredibly meaningful to everyone on this journey,” said Gazidis.

There are still some thorns in this emerging garden of roses. In theory, Arsenal should be ideally placed to benefit from Uefa’s new Financial Fair-Play regulations and the ‘break even’ principle that clubs should not spend more than they naturally earn. In practice, Deloitte’s new league table of the biggest earners in football very clearly signalled how Manchester City and Paris St Germain will seek to underpin their vast spending with sponsorship deals that would appear to have a close connection to their respective owners. City have gone from generating £18 million in commercial income in 2008-9 to £166.9 million in 2012-13. This is already well ahead of more historically famous and successful clubs, such as Arsenal and Liverpool, and only marginally behind Manchester United, Real Madrid and Barcelona. PSG have gone even further and now outstrip every club in world football for sponsorship revenue. These deals will be evaluated for ‘fair value’ by Uefa and, during lunch this week with Michel Platini, it can be safely assumed that Gazidis was clearly outlining his “healthy sceptics” view of FFP.

Yet even if that battle is lost, the wider narrative is clear. Arsenal’s patience and long-term planning – qualities not readily associated with modern football - are now beginning to reap their reward. Most significant of all was the confirmation that Wenger will sign a new contract that is likely to run until the end of the 2016-17 season. This was not so certain even five months ago when Arsenal were losing on the opening day of the season to Aston Villa and Wenger was being disrespectfully told by some fans that “you don’t know what you’re doing”.

Having been the principal architect of Arsenal’s vision – and also the human shield for all the frustration over the club’s lack of trophies amid regular top four finishes since 2005 – he has earned the chance to lead the club into this new phase. And what happens next, now that Wenger has the opportunity to regularly supplement the development of young players with expensive proven talent like Mesut Ozil, will decide his final standing in the pantheon of British football’s most influential managers.

Frodo
16-07-2014, 04:58 PM
David Ospina from Nice for 3.5 Million pounds look all but confirmed as well. I think they wanted to organise Sanchez before the Poomapants deal was announced. Now they will trickle through the squad depth transfers. Debuchy will be announced once Darryl Janmaat signs with Newcastle. They also have an Egyptian international centre back on trial. Thats pretty good business so far in the window.

Frodo
16-07-2014, 05:01 PM
I had a conspiracy theory that Khedira might actually go to Bayern instead of the Premier league. If Martinez is unhappy sell him to Arsenal for 35 million and replace him with a 28 yr old world cup/champions league winning German who fits into the team perfectly for 25 million.

Podolski and Ozil will have been in Khedira's ear all month convincing him that Wenger is a legend and that Chelski suck fat doodles and what not.

joel31
16-07-2014, 09:57 PM
Some great signings this year. Looking good for another season in the top 4 and hopefully more

Frodo
18-07-2014, 08:15 AM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/17/arsenal-mathieu-debuchy-newcastle-united

DEBUCHY! Quality player, will replace Sagna perfectly. One or two more and we will definitely be in for the title.

Tommyjet
18-07-2014, 08:28 AM
Yeah happy with that one. Talk of jenkinson going out on loan and manquillo coming in on loan from athletico. Khedira/schneiderlin/bender and another defender and we are looking much stronger for the title than previous seasons.

pv4
18-07-2014, 11:02 AM
Russjaybee has been sending me pics of him doing the Emirates tour and I hate him for making me so jelly :rof:

GazFish35
18-07-2014, 11:56 AM
Khedira going cold apparently.

pv4
18-07-2014, 11:59 AM
Khedira going cold apparently.

Where are you hearing this? News I heard yesterday was the club was in neogtiations, and close to agreeing, a fee with Madrid. If that's the case, you'd assume they've sorted the alleged wage issues out as why would they bother further negotiating the transfer fee if they know the wages would be a hurdle still.

Premy
18-07-2014, 01:04 PM
Where are you hearing this? News I heard yesterday was the club was in neogtiations, and close to agreeing, a fee with Madrid. If that's the case, you'd assume they've sorted the alleged wage issues out as why would they bother further negotiating the transfer fee if they know the wages would be a hurdle still.
Apparently Arsenal are offering £130,000 Khedira wants £150,000+. That's not the biggest stumbling block but Jose has come out and said his interested, so it's a choice of pretty much walking into a starting spot at Arsenal or battling it out with Cesc, Matic and more than likely Tiago too.

GazFish35
18-07-2014, 03:36 PM
dunno where i read it, twitter proabbaly,

Frodo
18-07-2014, 05:08 PM

I think Khedira to Arsenal is definitely ongoing, been too many people discussing it for it to be BS. I think Arsene's hate towards big salaries is fueling stories about the deal going cold. I also think the Chelsea link is just hearsay, unless they sell Ramires to Real Madrid, they already have like defensive mids and another 2-3 box2box runners.

joel31
18-07-2014, 10:55 PM
After getting Schneiderlin / Bender we just need a striker

Premy
19-07-2014, 09:12 AM
Looks like Khedira could be on his way to Monaco as a make way for the James deal to Real.

pv4
19-07-2014, 09:15 AM
Kroos just went to Real Madrid from reports.

Khedira is back on, surely!

Jeterpool
19-07-2014, 02:12 PM
Kroos just went to Real Madrid from reports.

Khedira is back on, surely!

I think Isco is looking likely to leave too. Arsenal are certainly recruiting well, but I don't see them recruiting at the back. They've never really had a problem scoring goals. They have recruited Debuchy to replace Sagna but is that seen as an upgrade?

I'd really like to see them give Joel Campbell a run this year too.

Frodo
28-07-2014, 10:58 AM
Ospina from Nice is done.. Quality keeper that alot of people think will be the new number 1 this year..
Callum Chambers from Southampton for 12 million confirmed by Wenger as well. He said he paid over the top but thinks his future is at centre back.. Quality 4th choice and right back cover. Supposedly he can play defensive mid as well.

Been a solid transfer window so far. Wilshire and Diaby seemed to play well in the US, i've only seen highlights but i heard Diaby bossed the game when he came on.

GazFish35
31-07-2014, 11:09 PM
Arsenal Australia is trying to get a more active presence in newy for meet ups etc, for now check the Facebook page search "arsenal Australia Central Coast/newcastle"

Trying to get a newcastle based venue to meet and watch games.

Frodo
11-08-2014, 08:10 AM
Who said we can't win trophies anymore?? The cabinet must be about to break under all the weight, haha.

Haven't watched the game but can't wait to see Sanogo bullying Boyata/Nastasjic and that sumptuous finish from Giroud in real time.

GazFish35
11-08-2014, 09:32 AM
giroud's strike was pretty sexy.

so was his hair, and his chest in that tight kit.

and Santi is not fat.

joel31
11-08-2014, 11:47 AM
Who said we can't win trophies anymore?? The cabinet must be about to break under all the weight, haha.

Haven't watched the game but can't wait to see Sanogo bullying Boyata/Nastasjic and that sumptuous finish from Giroud in real time.
not really a trophy but encouraging signs none-the-less

GazFish35
11-08-2014, 12:45 PM
not really a trophy but encouraging signs none-the-less

Agreed. But you can bet your life if we'd lost that the press would have counted it as a trophy lost.

MFKS
11-08-2014, 01:54 PM
Interesting the signing of Sanchez with Walcott already at the club.

Be interesting to see how Wenger deploys them when both are fit

pv4
11-08-2014, 01:58 PM
Surely our full strength starting XI would have to be:

-------------Szcz------------
Debuchy--Per--Kos--Gibbs
------Rambo--Wilshere----
Walcott-----Ozil----Alexis
-----------Giroud-----------

And if a quality DM gets brought in, he replaces Wilshere.

Tommyjet
11-08-2014, 05:06 PM

Debuchy--Per--Kos--Gibbs

At this stage I can only see jack and Ramsey together in a 3 man midfield hopefully with William carvalho or similar. If its a 2-man midfield I reckon Ramsay and new dm first choice with arteta and wilshere first backups

plague
11-08-2014, 06:57 PM

Debuchy--Per--Kos--Gibbs

I'd have (fully fit) Ox on one side, Feo on the other and Sanchez in the middle (Ozil in behind).
Saw the Gooners play once with those 2 on the flanks and by God they were blistering. And that was with Alex Song playing the 10.
Put about 8 past Blackburn that day. Amazing to watch.

GazFish35
11-08-2014, 07:20 PM
Interesting the signing of Sanchez with Walcott already at the club.

Be interesting to see how Wenger deploys them when both are fit

Not really.

Walcott = decent wide man, unproven potential as a number9
Sanchez = better than decent wide man! and better than decent number9.

When both fit they will either rotate the wide position, or Walcott will play wide with Sanchez upfront, being rotated with giroud.

What will be interesting is if wenger slides back to 4-4-2 given he now has three strikers he appears willing to trust with decent game time.

Bremsstrahlung
12-08-2014, 08:24 AM
Arsenal touted to be coming out next year.
Them or Man City.
Do Arsenal normally do pre season tours? This year they did a preseason in Austria or Switzerland didn't they? While others were in USA.

Bremsstrahlung
12-08-2014, 08:33 AM
Google tells me they did a 4 game tour in 2013 to Asia.
Played Indonesia, Vietnam, Urawa and Nagoya.

pv4
12-08-2014, 08:35 AM
Yeah they definately did an Asian tour last year, and this year they did USA and Austria IIRC.

There were serious rumours they were going to come over for that NZ tournament featuring Wellington, Sydney, Wham & Newcastle but that obviously fell through. I think Phoenix & Arsenal share a sponsor or something like that.

MFKS
12-08-2014, 09:02 AM
Not really.

Walcott = decent wide man, unproven potential as a number9
Sanchez = better than decent wide man! and better than decent number9.

When both fit they will either rotate the wide position, or Walcott will play wide with Sanchez upfront, being rotated with giroud.

What will be interesting is if wenger slides back to 4-4-2 given he now has three strikers he appears willing to trust with decent game time.

Depends really on how much Wenger rates Sanchez.

To me the bloke is the best player Arsenal have now. The bloke is a gun and will prove to be the best signing made by an English club in the last 5 years

That being said he should be played where you get the most from him which is wide right attack.

To me that means Walcott is out or plays as the 9.

Seeing as Wenger loves Giroud I see Walcott on the periphery unless he finds a new position/role for him

GazFish35
12-08-2014, 09:05 AM
Arsenal touted to be coming out next year.
Them or Man City.
Do Arsenal normally do pre season tours? This year they did a preseason in Austria or Switzerland didn't they? While others were in USA.

We go to Austria for camp every year

GazFish35
28-08-2014, 07:59 AM
Wow. What a heart stopper.
Not sure we deserved it, but not sure they did either.
Looking at the other ties besiktas must be more worthy of a spot in the main draw than some of the others.

And I've always liked sbs' coverage of the URL, but Jason 'um err' Culina deadset used 500 words to say nothing.

GazFish35
28-08-2014, 08:36 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10639682_4489013360972_***9691809409368435_n.jpg?o h=c35b0cb1b43554fe9062ea091c499fdd&oe=547DED65&__gda__=1416425888_9e154ac8aa4f26cab247d77f9736dbe 0

How was the ref?

goaliepersempre
28-08-2014, 07:04 PM
Ref was crap.... Some promising signs.. we did deserve it.. Really it felt Basiktas where only challenging and came to the game when we had debuchy sent off. Before that it was just everyone behind the ball..

If the game was played at the pace in the last 10 with 11 per side arsenal would have scored more as the field was much more open and not like said above just parking everyone behind the ball..

The side like most (like in bundesliga) are probably a good month behind usual season start performance levels.. As always happens after a Euro Champs or Welt Meisterschaft....

What is promising is that although not playing fully convincing there are good signs. plus not loosing....

oh and jack was great last night apart from the chance is skewed...

snake
28-08-2014, 08:02 PM
ref missed a few cast iron pens imo

pv4
01-09-2014, 04:00 AM
Not entirely sure I can deal with watching another game featuring Sanogoals tbh - he has to be the most frustrating player I remember watching ever. For every good thing he does, he does about 3 bad things. I've tried to have the patience and hope that Wenger has in him but he's wore really thin on me.

Santi was equally as frustrating tonight.

I pray that Wenger will finally realise we need a starting striker. I'm not entirely sure I can deal with the frustration of this season if we don't sign one. Apparently Chelsea confirmed Remy earlier tonight so that option is no longer available.

Grimario
01-09-2014, 08:11 AM
Yaya's a no go

Name fits, really. Still don't understand what he has done to warrant a start ahead of Campbell who had an excellent WC... but neither are starting material, so point is kind of moot.

Tommyjet
01-09-2014, 08:22 AM
Need to get on falcao or at the very least someone like Carlos bacca. Also wrap up the carvalho to cover dm/cb until January then sign a back up cb.

If we don't sign a striker, wenger really needs to adjust the system ever so slightly so that podolski can flourish either in a redesigned striker role or the wide-striker role in a front 3.

Podolski. Walcott
Sanchez
Ramsey. Ozil
Carvalho

pv4
02-09-2014, 12:39 PM
Welbz! Absolutely buzzing, have loved the kid since his Sunderland days. Also I'm led to believe Manure fans loved him too, so I'm even happier.

Frodo
02-09-2014, 01:01 PM
Welbz! Absolutely buzzing, have loved the kid since his Sunderland days. Also I'm led to believe Manure fans loved him too, so I'm even happier.

I was thinking it's been a while since we've had a british striker. Will work hard and is pretty quick so he's got that over Giroud.
Wish we had also got something to cover either central defence or defensive mid. I heard that Lisbon knocked us back cause we were a couple of million short for Carvalho. They are hoping for an auction to get closer to 37 million pounds. Hopefully we don't get 2 injured centre halves and those 2 youth defenders (Hayden and someone else) can play the capital cup games.

Tommyjet
02-09-2014, 02:19 PM
Speed, hunger and British. 3 reasons I'm happy with welbeck. Has some experience and a body used to the premier league so will be able to take the heat off Sanchez for a while and allow him to drift around causing trouble. I wouldn't be surprised if welbeck considered above giroud when he is over his broken toenail.
Scared at our lack of cover at the back. Really don't want to see us start monreal at centre back at premier league level.

plague
02-09-2014, 02:51 PM
I think Welbeck is a good player. A lot tougher physically than people give him credit for as well.
Good move for him too, hope he gets more game time as I think he should be starting for his national team.

plague
02-09-2014, 02:52 PM
Remember the olden days when Wenger hated British kids.
He's starting the bloody revolution himself now.

Tommyjet
02-09-2014, 03:33 PM
Remember the olden days when Wenger hated British kids.
He's starting the bloody revolution himself now.

Remember when Alan pardew had a shot at arsenal for not fielding many British players and mainly French players. Oh how times are changed.

parksey
02-09-2014, 09:17 PM
pretty disappointed about this move

pv4
03-09-2014, 04:42 PM
pretty disappointed about this move

:cool:

Dat guy

plague
04-09-2014, 10:13 PM
Missing Bendtner yet lads?

http://zippy.gfycat.com/ComposedGrotesqueArrowworm.webm

GazFish35
05-09-2014, 09:46 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1_2QzUvLNDI

This made me LOL.

IRL.

Santi and Giroud are priceless!
Cowabunga!

parksey
18-09-2014, 06:23 PM
so what do you guys make of ozil's form?

seems pretty dire and it's not a recent thing.

Tommyjet
18-09-2014, 07:01 PM
Needs a stint on the pine. If he reacts badly to that sell him in January. If he comes good he comes good. Per and Ramsey need a slap I the face too but I wouldn't bench them........yet

Grimario
18-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Imagine how good Ozil could be if he was played in the middle of the pitch instead of shunted out onto the wing?

Wenger makes some bizarre choices.

GazFish35
18-09-2014, 09:48 PM
I wouldn't say his form is "dire" but it is clear he's not at the top of his game.

Playing him the middle would weaken the side way too much in his current form and wenger loves to let players find form by playing them on the left.

He'll come good.

parksey
18-09-2014, 10:14 PM
Imagine how good Ozil could be if he was played in the middle of the pitch instead of shunted out onto the wing?

Wenger makes some bizarre choices.

well to be fair that's where he played his best football for real and germany before he came to arsenal. wenger played him through the middle when he made the move but eventually shifted him out wide when his form dropped to take pressure off him.

I wouldn't say his form is "dire" but it is clear he's not at the top of his game.

Playing him the middle would weaken the side way too much in his current form and wenger loves to let players find form by playing them on the left.

He'll come good.

i dunno, 1 goal and 2 assists in his last 20 odd games is pretty dire. he's been one of my favourite players for years but there's no point beating around the bush.

he was a passenger in the german side at the world cup and hasn't looked himself for a long time in an arsenal shirt.

the thing that strikes me most about him now is that his head has dropped. he looks like he's struggling for confidence and i'm not sure how that came about.

MFKS
18-09-2014, 10:27 PM
the thing that strikes me most about him now is that his head has dropped. he looks like he's struggling for confidence and i'm not sure how that came about.

Probably has headaches from the fumes he uses to polish his WC winners medal each day. Thats why his head is down

Bloke will come good.
Class is Permanent Form Temporary etc

plague
18-09-2014, 10:39 PM

Wenger just needs to buy a new Pat Viera to stick next to him in the middle.
Paul Scholes was known for only having half a game but Fergi knew it so complemented him by putting the right players around him (like Roy Keane, who like Viera, was also a psychopath).
Scholes with half a game was also England's best midfielder in the last 25 years by a country mile.
Ozil is class.

plague
21-09-2014, 09:16 PM
So Ozil is good again yeah????

parksey
21-09-2014, 09:40 PM
had a decent game last night

GazFish35
21-09-2014, 09:41 PM
Doesn't like his cereal though

Premy
22-09-2014, 07:04 AM
Doesn't like his cereal though
:woo:
Hey can you guys do me a favour, seems you lot are the success behind Mesut's turn around in form. So head on over to the Liverpool thread and give Stevie G a serve about his form. Cheers

Jeterpool
22-09-2014, 10:08 AM
:woo:
Hey can you guys do me a favour, seems you lot are the success behind Mesut's turn around in form. So head on over to the Liverpool thread and give Stevie G a serve about his form. Cheers

Ha ha ha.

GazFish35
03-10-2014, 11:13 AM
welbeck's hatty!

wonderful to see such cool calm finishing.

Bremsstrahlung
03-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Missing link you guys needed.
You could well finish 2nd now, I think chelsea will win provided they keep Costa fit.

parksey
03-10-2014, 03:30 PM
i'm kinda happy to see wellers get that hat-trick.

not sure if it's something we will be seeing much in the future, that gala defence was nothing short of shocking, but i've always been a fan of his.

Tommyjet
03-10-2014, 04:52 PM
welbeck's hatty!

wonderful to see such cool calm finishing.

Wonderful to see those runs in behind let alone the finishing

GazFish35
03-10-2014, 04:58 PM
Wonderful to see those runs in behind let alone the finishing

Absolutely.

GazFish35
23-10-2014, 10:01 AM
WOW.

i have a mate who doesnt follow the game much, but follows "the numbers"

he put 20 on Arsenal to win before kickoff
foolowing the live betting he than put 20 of Anderlecht at some stage when the odds had tipped in the favourof covering his bet - he was gouing to braek even no matter what.

then with 3 minutes to go, arsenals odd had bolted so he put his original stake on the gunners, while still down 1-0.

Bugger just messaged me ...... 2500 bucks better off.

pv4
23-10-2014, 10:10 AM
WOW.

foolowing the live betting he than put 20 of Anderlecht at some stage when the odds had tipped in the favourof covering his bet - he was gouing to braek even no matter what.

then with 3 minutes to go, arsenals odd had bolted so he put his original stake on the gunners, while still down 1-0.

I assume except if it was a draw.

Solid betting by the guy though - tell him to give me some tips!

pv4
23-10-2014, 10:16 AM
New Tuesday Club podcast out, solely about The Invincibles.

snake
23-10-2014, 11:10 AM
WOW.

do you actually mean he "layed" anderlect for 20? If not, he wasn't covering his bet to break even. As pv4 pointed out, otherwise a draw would have left him stranded (unless he was betting dnb).

This friend is outside straya i take it, since we can't do online live betting?

either way, well done to him

GazFish35
23-10-2014, 02:12 PM
This friend is outside straya i take it, since we can't do online live betting?

he has offshore accounts and is shifty as.

he's the maths genius that worked out the "bet on the draw" system a few of my mates ran (with little captial) over the course of the season and ended with a return of 28cents in the dollar - if opnly we had the balls to bet big!

MFKS
23-10-2014, 02:15 PM
28% profit is pretty good value actually

Banks are lucky to give you 4-5% for a term deposit!!!

GazFish35
23-10-2014, 03:46 PM

we worked on all draws always openeing at over $3.......they usually open at over $3.20 so even better!

place a bet on game 1 to be a draw, if not double your bet on the next game to draw etc etc
stop betting that weekend once you get a draw and cut your losses after one round i.e - if no draws, write the weekend off and start again next week.

you only need one draw a weekend and your in the money - at that stage of the a-league there were only three or so "no draw" rounds in any of the previous 3 or 4 seasons so we went for it with a budget allwoing for three shit weekneds. the year we ran it i think we hit 5 "no draws" but there were just as many weekends where the final game of the weekend saved our bacon and we won big. (percentage wise)

we all turned a $32 stake (enough to cover 1/2 a weekend of betting) into $41 - not massive cash, but a pretty good % return over the season.

the best thing it was about 5 or 6 guys in the syndicate didnt follow football or were "eurosnobs" and they all now follow the a-league.

snake
23-10-2014, 08:46 PM
he has offshore accounts and is shifty as.

he's the maths genius that worked out the "bet on the draw" system a few of my mates ran (with little captial) over the course of the season and ended with a return of 28cents in the dollar - if opnly we had the balls to bet big!

discrace we can't live bet online in straya. have wondered if geo-blocking or whatever it's called can get around this??

draws can be excellent value, sice it is an undesirable bet for your day-to-day mug punter, so is priced accordingly. wouldn't surprise me if a draw was more than 1/3 chance, particularly in a salary capped league

interesting choice of analogies. betting should really be viewed as short term trading of boom or bust stocks.

we worked on all draws always openeing at over $3.......they usually open at over $3.20 so even better!

place a bet on game 1 to be a draw, if not double your bet on the next game to draw etc etc
stop betting that weekend once you get a draw and cut your losses after one round i.e - if no draws, write the weekend off and start again next week.

you only need one draw a weekend and your in the money - at that stage of the a-league there were only three or so "no draw" rounds in any of the previous 3 or 4 seasons so we went for it with a budget allwoing for three shit weekneds. the year we ran it i think we hit 5 "no draws" but there were just as many weekends where the final game of the weekend saved our bacon and we won big. (percentage wise)

we all turned a $32 stake (enough to cover 1/2 a weekend of betting) into $41 - not massive cash, but a pretty good % return over the season.

the best thing it was about 5 or 6 guys in the syndicate didnt follow football or were "eurosnobs" and they all now follow the a-league.

not sure of the logic behind stopping once you won in a round. if you won the first bet of the round you're wasting the chance to get up in the remaining fixtures.

otherwise seems reasonable, however i'd be concerned with the small sample size. what happens if you retrospectively apply the same principles to the previous 9 seasons? or other leagues? you can apply an average odds of $3 to be conservative.

GazFish35
23-10-2014, 10:10 PM
not sure of the logic behind stopping once you won in a round. if you won the first bet of the round you're wasting the chance to get up in the remaining fixtures.

otherwise seems reasonable, however i'd be concerned with the small sample size. what happens if you retrospectively apply the same principles to the previous 9 seasons? or other leagues? you can apply an average odds of $3 to be conservative.

We stopped betting after the first draw simply even if in game1 just to reduce the potential to lose. The research we'd done had suggested chasing a second draw in a weekend's round wasn't wort the risk.

I set up a spreadsheet based on the previous two seasons and they would have made about 10% profit.

Essentially with draws opening at over $3 you can run it on any set of games, it's just a matter of how long you want to chase the draw - we chose 5 games as kept it clean within a weekend round.

If you have the cash to throw at 20 games, not played concurrently, you'd win, and you'd win more cash the later the draw appeared in the sequence of games.

Game 1. Bet $1. Draw paying $3, total outlay $1 returns $3, profit =$2, 200% return. If not a draw...
Game 2. Bet $2. Draw paying $3, total outlay $3 return $6, profit =$3, 100% return. If not a draw...
Game 3. Bet $4. Draw paying $3, total outlay $7 returns $12, profit =$5, 71% return. If not a draw...
Game 4. Bet $8. Draw paying $3, total outlay $15 returns $24, profit = $9, 60% return. If not a draw...
Game 5. Bet $16. Draw paying $3, total outlay $31 returns $48, profit = $17, 55% return.

I think the worst odds we ever got on a draw were $3.18, usually 3.25 and sometimes as high as 3.85

We started with a $2 bet in round1 game1, if we had the bank built up we'd agree to lock some away in case we got hit with a "no draw" weekend, or we'd start the next round with a bet of 1/31st of the current betting fund. as I said, not huge money, but so long as one draw happened we were winning.

We'd started the syndicate with enough money to be wiped out (I think) 3 times and banked a few good weekends worth of winnings through the season so we cope with being wiped out more than we'd hoped for.

If you've got enough money, just place a bet of "x" on arsenal's next game to be a draw, if it isn't, bet 2x on the next one, 4x on the one after that, 8x on the next, 16x on the next, 32x after that.........until you get a draw..... Just make sure the odds are over $3.

GazFish35
23-10-2014, 10:17 PM
discrace we can't live bet online in straya. have wondered if geo-blocking or whatever it's called can get around this??

I think he uses bet365.
Apparently the "in game" betting laws are set in a manner that the only one taking the risk of prosecution is the bookmaker, not the punter.

baldrick
24-10-2014, 08:03 AM
So yeah, how about those 2 goals in injury time against Anderlecht ?