PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

GazFish35
24-10-2014, 07:08 AM
So yeah, how about those 2 goals in injury time against Anderlecht ?

The cross from chambers (I think) for the first was quality.

Tuesday club pod most recent edition is a 75minute special interview with the guardians arsenal expert Amy Lawrence as she's just released a book about the invincible season. It's well worth a listen

snake
24-10-2014, 12:25 PM
We stopped betting after the first draw simply even if in game1 just to reduce the potential to lose. The research we'd done had suggested chasing a second draw in a weekend's round wasn't wort the risk.

I can't agree with this part - how did you come up with that? a "round" is an artificial construct - how could it impact the probability of a draw occuring? furthermore - if it were true - then when you are doubling your wagers to chase your losses you are doing so in games you deem "more risky".

interesting adaptation to traditional split-martingale: i'll look into this further.

pv4
24-10-2014, 01:17 PM
If my calcs are correct..

If we worked solely off the 2 rounds so far (how impacting this is in the big picture, I don't know) if we were to use Gaz's version, we would have made a 87.5% profit.

But if we did it so we continued to double the bet up until the first draw, and then immediately the next game started the betting sequence again (ie didn't wait for the next round, just restarted the next game), we would have made a 73% profit.

Gaz - do you have the spreadsheets for the previous 3 years that you said you made still, and is it setup in a way that is easy to see what your returns would be had you restarted the betting sequence immediately after your first win?

Bremsstrahlung
24-10-2014, 01:17 PM
I can't agree with this part - how did you come up with that? a "round" is an artificial construct - how could it impact the probability of a draw occuring? furthermore - if it were true - then when you are doubling your wagers to chase your losses you are doing so in games you deem "more risky".

interesting adaptation to traditional split-martingale: i'll look into this further.

I'm assuming data was collected for various rounds. e.g. How many "rounds" had at least 1 draw. And then How many rounds had more than 1 draw. I presume the latter was significantly lower.

I imagine that you could ignore the round factor, and given you had enough in the bank, could simple keep betting until another draw, and repeat once you win irrespective of rounds. However, this would possibly require mor money in the bank to chase the losses.
EDIT: Oops, just saw pv4;s post.

Why does it need to pay more than $3. Is that to make it worthwhile with a higher return? I imagine $2 would also work. As with Roulette, the similar thing applies. Bet on Red, keep doubling your bet until you win, and you'll be x (waterer your starting bet) was, in front.

snake
24-10-2014, 01:28 PM
I'm assuming data was collected for various rounds. e.g. How many "rounds" had at least 1 draw. And then How many rounds had more than 1 draw. I presume the latter was significantly lower.

i don't agree with this - what happened in previous games doesn't impact the probability of a draw in subsequent games*

still, a round is an artificial construct used for 'nicely' dividing a weekends games. the same could in principle be done for any other 5 arbitrarily chosen fixtures.

* unless it's near the end of the season and two opponents may find a draw to be a convenient result, or someone desperately needs a win and so throws numbers forward that they wouldn't have done in earlier rounds etc...

snake
24-10-2014, 01:31 PM
If my calcs are correct..

If we worked solely off the 2 rounds so far (how impacting this is in the big picture, I don't know) if we were to use Gaz's version, we would have made a 87.5% profit.

But if we did it so we continued to double the bet up until the first draw, and then immediately the next game started the betting sequence again (ie didn't wait for the next round, just restarted the next game), we would have made a 73% profit.

Gaz - do you have the spreadsheets for the previous 3 years that you said you made still, and is it setup in a way that is easy to see what your returns would be had you restarted the betting sequence immediately after your first win?

the sample size is too small to tell.

is there a reliable database of previous fixtures online? i don't mind dong the calcs and sharing with everyone.

p.s. stop posting about arsenal in my betting thread pls

pv4
24-10-2014, 01:48 PM
the sample size is too small to tell.

is there a reliable database of previous fixtures online? i don't mind dong the calcs and sharing with everyone.

p.s. stop posting about arsenal in my betting thread pls

There's a wiki page for every season with every result on it. Just type in "A-League 13/14 season" into google and it'll come up (EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%80%9314_A-League#Home_and_away_season)

Gaz - I'm a little confused. I just did a trial run for last season, using my first bet as $5 and doubling each bet until then, and stopping at each draw in the round. And I came up with $1585 spent, $1140 return, basing all odds at $3.80 (I notice this was the highest you came across, but any lower odds and it's a lower return still). Am I missing something? You said last season you made a 28% return, but I'm coming up with numbers that give an overall loss.

pv4
24-10-2014, 02:06 PM
Alright so I had an attempt at doing it Gaz's way, and doing it "Option B" where you restart the betting immediately after the draw.

I must be doing something wrong with Gaz's way, because it's giving me an overall loss for last season that Gaz says he got up 28%.

But option B - it comes back with a 70% return on top of what you bet which is a massive gain. The main issue with this method is the bets get quite high - in round 11 (if working off $5 as starting bet) you would have bet $5115 before a return, and in Round 22 you would have bet $41mil before nesting a return of $71mil :rof: (note: I used a return of $3.40 for every bet in this method). The overall figures of this method were $41953870 spent, $71320780 return ($5 initial bet, $3.40 return on every winning bet).

MFKS
24-10-2014, 02:16 PM
I can see WLG in 20 years time with half a tooth grinning as he fishes out a tin of tuna from some Gosford dumpster and when asked where it all went wrong in his life he thinks back to this thread on the foz cause this was the start of the downward spiral

pv4
24-10-2014, 02:24 PM
I can see WLG in 20 years time with half a tooth grinning as he fishes out a tin of tuna from some Gosford dumpster and when asked where it all went wrong in his life he thinks back to this thread on the foz cause this was the start of the downward spiral

"I used to be a lawyer, man!"

GazFish35
24-10-2014, 02:46 PM
I'll see if I can dig out my spreadsheet.
It could be all in when we chose to "bank" thus limiting losses.

And it wasn't last season.
It was season 12/13

pv4
24-10-2014, 03:21 PM
I'll see if I can dig out my spreadsheet.
It could be all in when we chose to "bank" thus limiting losses.

And it wasn't last season.
It was season 12/13

Yeah 12/13 gave me a loss also (at odds of 3.40 - and pracitcally even for every game being odds of 3.80). But there were 7 no-draw rounds that season (I think you said you expreienced 5), so you guys must have pulled out early some rounds.

parksey
24-10-2014, 05:20 PM
english pls nerds

GazFish35
24-10-2014, 07:11 PM
Yeah 12/13 gave me a loss also (at odds of 3.40 - and pracitcally even for every game being odds of 3.80). But there were 7 no-draw rounds that season (I think you said you expreienced 5), so you guys must have pulled out early some rounds.

We never pulled out early in around but we banked some winnings early so we could start agin if needed.

From memory we had enough in the kitty to play the system 3 and 1/2 times starting with a $2 bet. $217 total fund split into 62, 62, 62, 31.

Whenever we had enough in the pool to bank enough create another 62 pool we did.
From memory this what allowed us to ride the higher than predicted occurrence of a "no draw" round.

We then at some stage in the final rounds went all in.

It was as much about having some fun with a syndicate of mates than trying to crack the enigma code. I've just always Lund it an interesting set of figures to develop further.

Maybe a new thread.

Anyone want to call the odds on wenger getting punted at the end of the season?

hawk
26-10-2014, 01:27 PM
english pls nerds

stop making artifaecal constructs, go venn instead

goaliepersempre
26-10-2014, 09:05 PM
Sanchez.... poor old mannone... but its back on.

Frodo
05-11-2014, 08:44 AM
#Wengerout
#Clementin

Sick of watching them crumble so easily.

Premy
14-11-2014, 12:09 PM
Attention PV4 and fellow Gooners.

http://m.foxsports.com.au/football/arsene-wengers-arsenal-squad-the-favourites-to-come-down-under-and-play-aleague-allstars/story-e6frf423-1227122461226

GazFish35
14-11-2014, 03:41 PM
the favourites to come down under.....

we were also the favourites against swansea.

Tommyjet
14-11-2014, 04:53 PM
Would cream my pants enormously if this actually happened but I could see an extreme blowup when wenger refused to field most of the stars. He'd probably throw out coquelin, Hayden and miyaichi types and it would end up in a public spat with FFA and the all stars coach.

Frodo
16-11-2014, 09:24 AM
Would cream my pants enormously if this actually happened but I could see an extreme blowup when wenger refused to field most of the stars. He'd probably throw out coquelin, Hayden and miyaichi types and it would end up in a public spat with FFA and the all stars coach.

Mate i will take a team with Coqelin, Hayden and Miyachi if i get to see Arsenal play football. I will take an Arsenal Reserves game vs our Ball Stars. They would give them a run for their money. Its the year after a world cup so they will give a lot of players extra time off after the season.

Tommyjet
16-11-2014, 10:13 AM
Mate i will take a team with Coqelin, Hayden and Miyachi if i get to see Arsenal play football. I will take an Arsenal Reserves game vs our Ball Stars. They would give them a run for their money. Its the year after a world cup so they will give a lot of players extra time off after the season.

I would be happy to but I'm an gooner. I'm saying the media, non-gooner fans and the FFA might see it as disrespectful and cause a hoohaa about it

Frodo
16-11-2014, 07:08 PM
I would be happy to but I'm an gooner. I'm saying the media, non-gooner fans and the FFA might see it as disrespectful and cause a hoohaa about it

More room for us and our giant erections when we see them take the field.. I can just imagine it now, 20 mins of sideways passes, a couple of overhead flicks that don't work out, 40 mins of Le Professor arguing with his new Puma Jacket Zip, they concede 2 shit goals and then nab 2 easy goals in the last 10 mins to save face.. Haha.

It's the Arsenal Way!

pv4
16-11-2014, 09:47 PM
Keen

GazFish35
26-11-2014, 05:26 PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1493626500856523/1560209417531564/?comment_id=1560247110861128&ref=notif&notif_t=like

The newcastle/centralcoast arm of Arsenal Australia has a venture sorted now.

There's a meet up on Saturday night.

This Saturday night, we have an event for all Gooners ( and some blow ins) to watch the Arsenal v West Brom game.
Kick off is 11.45 pm, but we will be starting app. 8pm.

We have beer on tap and a wood fired pizza oven on site, and for $20.00, you came at and drink to your hearts content.

The location is the cafeteria of the international Football School at Kariong, on the Central Coast......

it's app. 3 minutes off the F3, taking the Gosford exit.
I'd like app. Numbers so we ensure we have enough pizza and beer to go around.

If your keen contact Scott Jackson at the above Facebook link.

goaliepersempre
11-12-2014, 08:59 PM
2 pods last week and this week up on the tuesday club.. havent listened should be interesting....... its kind of back on.... great for poldi

and ramsey wow what a goal......

people slowly coming back...

Buddha
11-12-2014, 09:53 PM
Podolski is THE best finisher in the premier league and it's ridiculous how he does not get a start at Arsenal, stop playing him out wide and play him central. I'd kill to have him along Benteke at villa

goaliepersempre
11-12-2014, 11:18 PM
He cant play central... his position is on the left and thats where alexis is...... biggest problem saw a state 55 games 30 something goals.... no one can deny what a finisher he is...

but its the other work that is at times lacking.... I want him to stay and play as he is brilliant for the club... similar to a grosskruetz in a wayat dortmund and the german national team....

GazFish35
24-12-2014, 11:16 PM
Got Amy Lawrence's book today. Thanks Santa!

Invincible.

Only red the prologue and forward.

**** me, it's good so far!

And I already know how it ends!

goaliepersempre
24-12-2014, 11:45 PM
Def on my list of books to buy.... the tuesday club special pod was brilliant with her on it :)

GazFish35
25-12-2014, 10:49 AM
I've read about 10 page this morning between presents.

There's only 2 books arsenal fans need, this one and fever pitch.

goaliepersempre
25-12-2014, 10:32 PM
will have to get on it, either head to uk or get someone to bring it back as books are bloody expensive here and online purchases and delivery cost a shit load through swiss taxes ("levies" what ever they wanna call it)

baldrick
29-12-2014, 05:54 PM
Buy on the Amazon kindle store for $15.00

goaliepersempre
30-12-2014, 03:41 AM
Its back on :)!!!!!!! plus players coming back... although Giroud that send off haha.....

Im still someone that reads things in my hands paper... Call me old fashion but thats how i read haha.... but thanks for the heads up :)

GazFish35
30-12-2014, 09:41 AM
I looked into postage from here, **** me!
The book weighs just over 500g so you have to pay for a 2kg package, to get it to Switzerland in any decent time frame was $46.

What if I sent it via FIFA?

goaliepersempre
30-12-2014, 07:39 PM
I looked into postage from here, **** me!
The book weighs just over 500g so you have to pay for a 2kg package, to get it to Switzerland in any decent time frame was $46.

What if I sent it via FIFA?. Then i would have to pay a tax on the package entering switzerland and then for handling by the post haha i will have a look... Have a mate that is coming in from aus today and also spends some time in the uk before coming back here to fly out... See if he can pick it up in the uk :)

pv4
07-01-2015, 01:45 PM
http://eaglesthatlooklikearsenewenger.tumblr.com/

Frodo
07-01-2015, 02:54 PM
http://eaglesthatlooklikearsenewenger.tumblr.com/

Have seen some of these before but still hilarious. Cheers PV4.

I was watching the Hull game and cracked up laughing when they spent like 20-30 seconds just watching Wenger put in his jacket.. and then the camera panned back a few minutes later and he needed help zipping it up. Even Puma couldn't fix his problems with jacket zippers.

Frodo
07-01-2015, 02:56 PM
Anyone seen much of Bielek before? http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9634297/transfer-news-legia-warsaw-reject-second-bid-from-arsenal-for-krystian-bielik

Or Calleri for that matter?? http://metro.co.uk/2015/01/06/arsenal-expect-to-seal-transfer-deal-for-boca-juniors-ace-jonathan-calleri-5011043/

pv4
10-03-2015, 09:17 AM
Out of all the great things to happen today, this image sums up my absolute favourite moment:

http://i.imgur.com/AbOCKVb.png

Skirt Boy
10-03-2015, 09:20 AM
What beating a fading giant in a means nothing cup game?

GazFish35
10-03-2015, 09:43 AM
What beating a fading giant in a means nothing cup game?

can't wait for the DVD

parksey
10-03-2015, 12:16 PM
Out of all the great things to happen today, this image sums up my absolute favourite moment:

http://i.imgur.com/AbOCKVb.png

disgrace

pv4
10-03-2015, 12:22 PM
It's just so beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpGCzDCDp7I

pv4
10-03-2015, 12:27 PM
I remember how hurt I was when RVP celebrated against us, so I can only smile at what Manure fans must be feeling about this morning - particularly because he was a product of their youth system! :rof: :oops: :brr:

parksey
10-03-2015, 02:08 PM
I remember how hurt I was when RVP celebrated against us, so I can only smile at what Manure fans must be feeling about this morning - particularly because he was a product of their youth system! :rof: :oops: :brr:

i'm still pretty cut up over him leaving, but to be honest he hasn't really proved van gaal wrong this season.

he's only scored 4 league goals, despite being first choice striker for much of the season and could only find the back of the net this morning via a disastrous back-pass.

would still prefer to have him on our bench than falcao, though.

GazFish35
10-03-2015, 04:52 PM
Parksey is right.

That back pass was a disgrace

goaliepersempre
05-05-2015, 07:03 AM
Happy happy happy St Totteringhams day/Night everyone

Tommyjet
05-05-2015, 08:10 AM
20th season in a row:woo:

pv4
05-05-2015, 09:12 AM
:brrr:

pv4
31-05-2015, 04:30 AM
:brrr:

Grimario
31-05-2015, 05:08 AM
That goal from Sanchez, :brrr:

sleep now.

baldrick
31-05-2015, 06:54 AM
:sup:

Buddha
31-05-2015, 02:25 PM
Absolutely devastated, never got a sniff, completely outplayed by a super Arsenal, Barcelona wouldn't have beaten them.

Playing Hutton against Sanchez was just asking for trouble

Did feel as though the referee did favour you guys a bit much, not that it would have changed the result.

Cup Final and Survival was well above my expectations halfway thru the season.

Congrats Arsenal

parksey
31-05-2015, 08:58 PM
Absolutely devastated, never got a sniff, completely outplayed by a super Arsenal, Barcelona wouldn't have beaten them.

Playing Hutton against Sanchez was just asking for trouble

Did feel as though the referee did favour you guys a bit much, not that it would have changed the result.

Cup Final and Survival was well above my expectations halfway thru the season.

Congrats Arsenal

mate portsmouth weren't even playing in the final

plague
31-05-2015, 10:49 PM
Barcelona wouldn't have beaten them.

Ummmm, you didn't happen to watch the Spanish Cup final this morning then?

Villa were hot garbage.

Gunners were superb but cmon man, it's not like Arsenal even have the slightest idea how to beat Barca.

MFKS
08-06-2015, 03:39 PM
Apparently Arsenal won 6 million for Barcas UCL triumph.

Apparently Thomas Vermalens deal at Barca sees them owe Arsenal if they won the UCL.

Not a bad deal considering he has only played 63 mins all season so can not really be viewed as having made any worthy contribution to the their treble winning season

De-Champ
09-06-2015, 09:48 AM

Apparently Thomas Vermalens deal at Barca sees them owe Arsenal if they won the UCL.

Not a bad deal considering he has only played 63 mins all season so can not really be viewed as having made any worthy contribution to the their treble winning season

What if it was one minute each in 63 games.
Jokes aside just because you do not play does not mean you do not contribute.

Frodo
09-06-2015, 11:05 AM

They also get money for the Copa win as well as La Liga? Pretty sure his sale will end up making us about 25 million after all the trophy bonuses... So we almost traded our back up CB for Sanchez? Not bad a deal.:sup:

plague
09-06-2015, 11:15 AM
Not bad a deal.:sup:

Except, you know, trophies and stuff.

Frodo
09-06-2015, 02:39 PM
Except, you know, trophies and stuff.

Are you saying that his 63 minutes would've won us more trophies?? :rof:

I meant that it was a pretty good deal for all involved, we got an upgraded starter who helped us win a trophy + CL qualification and Verm got 3 trophies. Barca got stiffed on the money side but i think they will be able to cope with it.

plague
09-06-2015, 03:18 PM
Are you saying that his 63 minutes would've won us more trophies?? :rof:

I meant that it was a pretty good deal for all involved, we got an upgraded starter who helped us win a trophy + CL qualification and Verm got 3 trophies. Barca got stiffed on the money side but i think they will be able to cope with it.

But you got a trophy and CL last year without him.

What I was really getting at was Barca getting rid of Sanchez made room for Suarez, who fit seamlessly into the team and they won the treble.

So as good as the deal was for Liverpool financially and Arsenal salary wise, there was only one winner in that deal and it was Barca.

De-Champ
09-06-2015, 03:41 PM
But you got a trophy and CL last year without him.

What I was really getting at was Barca getting rid of Sanchez made room for Suarez, who fit seamlessly into the team and they won the treble.

So as good as the deal was for Liverpool financially and Arsenal salary wise, there was only one winner in that deal and it was Barca.

They have a possibility of winning two more trophies as well. (super cup and world cup)

MFKS
09-06-2015, 03:51 PM
What if it was one minute each in 63 games.
Jokes aside just because you do not play does not mean you do not contribute.
Jokes a side his contribution is still sweet **** all

Neymar Suarez Messi Iniesta have basically seen the rest of them not need to.

The reserve orange peeler has made a greater contribution to the success of FC Barcelona this season than Thomas Vermalen has

parksey
09-06-2015, 09:09 PM
apparently the clause in the contract stipulated that vermaelen had to feature in the competition in order to trigger the bonus, so arsenal won't be getting a cent.

GazFish35
16-06-2015, 07:22 PM
New kit

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150615/arsenal-and-puma-unveil-new-home-kit

goaliepersempre
18-06-2015, 09:32 PM
wow havent been on the foz since i got knocked out at football... but yewww....

oh and 40k well spent Jack

Frodo
19-06-2015, 07:17 AM
oh and 40k well spent Jack

Jack got 40k for calling Spuds S#&T.
Suarez got 40K for calling Evra a black #$%!.

Seems about right, well done FA.

plague
19-06-2015, 10:38 AM
Jack got 40k for calling Spuds S#&T.
Suarez got 40K for calling Evra a black #$%!.

Seems about right, well done FA.

except, yanno, you're completely wrong on this.

Frodo
22-06-2015, 12:38 PM
except, yanno, you're completely wrong on this.

They were both charged 40k in fines.

Suarez may have missed a couple of games as well... "cough" 8! but still seems pretty ridiculous considering he didn't get in any trouble for it last year, or even a warning. How is Jack gonna feed his kids that week, he only makes about 100k a week... jerks!

plague
22-06-2015, 01:19 PM
They were both charged 40k in fines.

Suarez may have missed a couple of games as well... "cough" 8! but still seems pretty ridiculous considering he didn't get in any trouble for it last year, or even a warning. How is Jack gonna feed his kids that week, he only makes about 100k a week... jerks!

Your description of what Suarez got fined and suspended for is inaccurate.

That's what you were wrong about.

Frodo
22-06-2015, 05:54 PM

Welcome to the internet Plague.... Where we never let the truth get in the way of a good story. Haha.

On a similar note, what's everyone's thoughts on Wilshire to Man City for 30 mil??

I reckon if he stays he will constantly be injured and never live up to his amazing potential. But if he leaves he will stay injury free and become an England Great and come back to haunt Wenger for the rest of his days.

pv4
22-06-2015, 06:00 PM

What exactly did Suarez get fined and suspended for?

plague
22-06-2015, 07:10 PM
What exactly did Suarez get fined and suspended for?

dunno, you're gonna have to ask Patrice Evra who was the only person who clearly heard repeated racial slurs in a crowded penalty area.
Judge was like "yeah cool cool, thats good enough".

also, the world found out that buying a tin of black paint in Spain within earshot of an english speaking person makes you a rampant racist.

parksey
23-06-2015, 01:51 PM
cute

plague
23-06-2015, 02:16 PM
cute

Here comes Parksey strolling through every thread with his limited edition Man United tin foil hat on again.

Keep fighting the good fight sir.

pv4
23-06-2015, 03:51 PM
dunno, you're gonna have to ask Patrice Evra who was the only person who clearly heard repeated racial slurs in a crowded penalty area.
Judge was like "yeah cool cool, thats good enough".

also, the world found out that buying a tin of black paint in Spain within earshot of an english speaking person makes you a rampant racist.

So was Frodo "wrong and inaccurate", or do you "dunno" what happened?

I'm so confused.

plague
23-06-2015, 04:05 PM
So was Frodo "wrong and inaccurate", or do you "dunno" what happened?

I'm so confused.

He didn't do what Frodo said he did.

But

No one really knows what he said or the context he apparently said it in.

But he's Suarez and he bit people so they assumed he was being a ****.

The findings are on the interwebs somewhere have a read and see for yourself.

parksey
23-06-2015, 04:12 PM
plague in playing devil's advocate shocker

plague
23-06-2015, 05:06 PM
plague in playing devil's advocate shocker

You know me Parksey, always sticking up for the downtrodden marginalised multimillionaire footballers.

hawk
23-06-2015, 08:26 PM
Here comes Parksey strolling through every thread with his limited edition Man United tin foil hat on again.

Keep fighting the good fight sir.

:rof:

pv4
23-06-2015, 09:38 PM
He didn't do what Frodo said he did.

But

No one really knows what he said or the context he apparently said it in.

I don't really see how you can outright say what Frodo said didn't happen, then follow it up with "no one really knows what he said, or context".

I did a quick search on the stories from Evra & Suarez's point of views, and looked briefly at the findings. From what I can find, the FA charged Suarez with a 40k fine and an 8 match ban for using "abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour", including "a reference to the ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race". Also, all of the evidence (video replays, linguistics experts, etc) backed up Evra's side of the story far, far more than Suarez's.

Frodo was pretty fxxxing close m8.

Aaaand IMO Suarez is a cannibalistic (sp - potentially not even a word :oops: ) racist who I believe should be banned from the game indefinitely - even taking into account how great a footballer he is.

plague
23-06-2015, 10:08 PM
my issue was the use of the term "black ****". which forgive me if i have the wrong impression of what the **** stood for but those words were never said. the linguistic experts were brought in because Evra said the word "negro" was used, whereas it was explained to the hearing that "negro" was the spanish word for black. hence the 'context' debate.

once again, you, me, frodo, the judges, and everyone else doesn't know for sure what was said. Evra had one version of events, Suarez had another. the judges believed Evra. cool cool. but as i said, no one knows for sure what was said because no one else heard anything.

i hate racism, i hate racists. i also think accusing someone of being a racist is a big deal. i also think society has a very very strange way of dealing with racism.

as for the FA deciding someone is a racist lets just say the burden of proof is a fair bit lower than that of a court of law.

example a: John Terry (a white english captain who had never bitten anyone), caught on camera and taken to court:

"Chief Magistrate Howard Riddle concluded that while there was not doubt that John Terry had uttered the words "****ing black ****" at Anton Ferdinand, it is possible that this was not intended as an insult but as a challenge to what he believed had been said to him."

So in conclusion:
Suarez = racist.
Terry = not racist.

we all cool with that yeah?

The Dunster
23-06-2015, 10:36 PM
I'm probably twice the age or more of the average forum member here and in my life I am yet to meet someone that is not a racist - and I have met a **** of a lot of people.
We all like to think we aren't racist but when push comes to shove the majority of us [if not everyone] can hang their heads in shame for something they have done or said in the past and probably will do or say in the future.

With respect to Suarez he should have been banned for life the day he purposely bit another player. Arguing about whether or not he's a racist is just a convenient smoke screen to keep him involved in the game.

plague
23-06-2015, 10:52 PM
I'm probably twice the age or more of the average forum member here

so you're 24?

pv4
23-06-2015, 11:38 PM
So in conclusion:
Suarez = racist.
Terry = not racist.

we all cool with that yeah?

Crazy deflection, but anyway.

Apart from seemingly the FA, I don't know of anyone who has said they are happy with that conclusion.

I think I agree with basically everything Dunster has said too, by the way.

plague
23-06-2015, 11:59 PM
Crazy deflection, but anyway.

Apart from seemingly the FA, I don't know of anyone who has said they are happy with that conclusion.

I think I agree with basically everything Dunster has said too, by the way.

Nah not a deflection, more so an absurd statement regarding an absurd handling of all of those situations.

Society does a great job of pointing and yelling racist but has very little interest in dealing with racism.

pv4
24-06-2015, 12:05 AM
Society does a great job of pointing and yelling racist but has very little interest in dealing with racism.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Which makes me feel even more so that it's a shame that Suarez wasn't punished far longer for basically all of his serious charges, inc his racism charge.

And, what started this, makes it all the more obscene that Jack Wilshire was fined the same amount of money for his Sp*rs jab as Suarez was when charged with racism.

plague
24-06-2015, 12:25 AM
And, what started this, makes it all the more obscene that Jack Wilshire was fined the same amount of money for his Sp*rs jab as Suarez was when charged with racism.

one day I'm going to deep dive back and see some of the punishments dished out by the FA over the years.

Should be lulz-turtle worthy.

GazFish35
24-06-2015, 12:49 AM
So cech to N5

Hope it happens.

Frodo
24-06-2015, 07:34 AM
So cech to N5

Hope it happens.

Title wrapped up next year! I'd put $1 on it..

His first competitive game for us will be the Community Shield, against Chelsea!:lulz:

So we are a 25 a year goal scorer away from answering every critic of the last 10 years... Feels a little weird.

snake
24-06-2015, 07:37 AM
^suarez would guarentee you the title imo

it'd cost 100m and 1 pounds, though

GazFish35
24-06-2015, 11:51 AM
He won't buy a striker.

He'll buy a right winger, push theo central.
And hopefully buy some cover for cocqilaine.

Frodo
24-06-2015, 12:47 PM
He won't buy a striker.

He'll buy a right winger, push theo central.
And hopefully buy some cover for cocqilaine.

I don't think we will sign any other first team players unless Vidal or Gundogen have to be offloaded and we get them cheap, doubtful.

Schniederlien is too expensive, Carvalho isn't much better than Coquelin and will cost 30 million. Lars Bender and Krychiowak aren't for sale and aren't even that amazing. Sven Bender is as slow as Arteta.

Plus we already have Krystian Bielek, although he is only 17, as back up who seems to be a quality investment in the next few years.

Higuan and Benzema seem to be the only strikers available who tick all the boxes we need but at 60 odd million and 40 million respectively we don't won't be buying them.

pv4
09-07-2015, 09:19 AM
Arsenal friends

Facebook page The Sport Bible have recently been doing amazing hypothetical dream 5aside teams. There's been some doozies.

But today I was linked to one that was Arsenal-vs-Manure-vs-Chelsea-vs-Liverpool one. And the Arsenal lineup was: Seaman, Vieira, Alexis, Bergkamp, Henry.

My question is - is that your perfect Arsenal 5aside team?

For me, it is close. I would replace Alexis with Pires.

What say you guys?

parksey
09-07-2015, 09:24 AM
link to the teams?

Frodo
09-07-2015, 09:50 AM
Almunia - Squillaci - Diaby - Arshavin - Bendtner Lol:wanker:

Frodo
09-07-2015, 09:52 AM
Arsenal friends

Facebook page The Sport Bible have recently been doing amazing hypothetical dream 5aside teams. There's been some doozies.

But today I was linked to one that was Arsenal-vs-Manure-vs-Chelsea-vs-Liverpool one. And the Arsenal lineup was: Seaman, Vieira, Alexis, Bergkamp, Henry.

My question is - is that your perfect Arsenal 5aside team?

For me, it is close. I would replace Alexis with Pires.

What say you guys?

Seriously tho.

I'd replace Sanchez with Cazorla for 5 a side. Better with his feet and balances the team out.

Henry and Bergkamp is enough of a threat upfront for any defenders to deal with.

pv4
09-07-2015, 12:28 PM
link to the teams?

https://www.facebook.com/SPORTbible?fref=ts

This is the EPL version I was talking about:

http://i.imgur.com/4FjTcD3.jpg

This was a WC version they did (I think it's meant to be from WC winning sides, but I have questions over the inclusion of Dida because he didn't play in 02):

http://i.imgur.com/pLk14r7.jpg

This was just a generally awesome player one they did:

http://i.imgur.com/EokkrVl.jpg

And fwiw I chose the team featuring Henry for all three. Not just because it's Henry, but also because of the team around him each time.

And in the bottom one, I discussed with Bon which team I would pick if I could pick any 5 from any team and I decided on: Neuer, Zidane, Xavi, Iniesta, Henry. Yes, I cheated and made Zidane a makeshift defender slash goalkeeper, assuming Neuer never stays in his box.

Frodo
09-07-2015, 03:22 PM
And in the bottom one, I discussed with Bon which team I would pick if I could pick any 5 from any team and I decided on: Neuer, Zidane, Xavi, Iniesta, Henry. Yes, I cheated and made Zidane a makeshift defender slash goalkeeper, assuming Neuer never stays in his box.

Van Der Sar - Cannavaro - Zidane - Messi - Henry

GazFish35
09-07-2015, 06:35 PM
I'd put Jens Lehman in a 5aside before Seaman.

He'd deadset kill someone if you put him a cage.

Lehman, Pires, Bergkamp, Henry, Fabregas.

plague
09-07-2015, 07:23 PM
Serious, does everyone forget that Ronaldinho ever played football?

Youtubebook his old futsol videos, Ronnie aged 8 would kill pretty much erryone on your lists.

pv4
17-07-2015, 02:57 PM
Got a look at the new gold away kit. Absolutely love it. Instantly I was reminded of the kit we won the league in....... at Old Trafford :rof:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/05/14/article-0-00503FC900000258-131_634x413.jpg

^ how great is the backdrop in that picture, just perfect :rof:

Frodo
17-07-2015, 08:26 PM
Got a look at the new gold away kit. Absolutely love it. Instantly I was reminded of the kit we won the league in....... at Old Trafford :rof:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/05/14/article-0-00503FC900000258-131_634x413.jpg

^ how great is the backdrop in that picture, just perfect :rof:

How good is the face on, i think it's Wiltord, under Tony's arm? Haha.

And is that 12 year old in the middle Franny Jeffers?

Tommyjet
17-07-2015, 08:36 PM
How good is the face on, i think it's Wiltord, under Tony's arm? Haha.

And is that 12 year old in the middle Franny Jeffers?

Sure is

Frodo
29-07-2015, 08:04 AM
Benzema.. Starting fires!!
http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/28/karim-benzema-uploads-cryptic-instagram-message-amid-arsenal-transfer-speculation-5316503/

pv4
03-08-2015, 09:11 AM
The preseason Treble! :cool: :brrr:

Imyourhero
03-08-2015, 09:14 AM
Arsenal's highest high since the invincibles.

Frodo
03-08-2015, 12:00 PM
Arsenal's highest high since the invincibles.

Maybe since the Day we signed Lord Bendtner!

Did anyone see his cameo against Bayern? LORD!!:popcorn:

Haven't seen our shield win yet, cannot wait. So happy Mourinho has to finally shut his mouth about Wenger and show some respect. Chelsea will have a fun season with 1.5 strikers. One guy who can't stay fit, one guy who isn't good enough to start for Newcastle and the new Torres!

plague
03-08-2015, 09:34 PM
prob already got enough points to end above Spurs yeah?

pv4
04-08-2015, 06:34 AM
prob already got enough points to end above Spurs yeah?

:rof: cmon plague, you know Arsenal can't claim finishing above Sp*rs until Sp*rs fans smugly announce to the world how far they are ahead of them, very early, and then all they end up with is a gigantic egg on their face. It wouldn't be fun if we skipped step 1 :oops:

pv4
10-08-2015, 12:29 AM
Ffs, so underwhelming.

Nacho just did my head in. I felt like the first goal was on him. And he just turned it over too much.

Debuchy wasn't as bad as Nacho but I wouldn't say he was good really.

Ozil just couldn't find anything.

Giroud was destroyed by Ogbonna and Tomkins, who did fantastically.

AOC is just fantastic. As much as I love Roy Keane, one day he'll just have the biggest egg on his face about the selfies and sixpacks rant at Ox. Imo Ox can be the best English player within a few years. He's so versatile, and has the potential.

I didn't really see how the first goal was Cech's bad, like the internet did. I thought it was on nacho. But that second goal, ffs. Having a keeper like Cech was meant to just put a stop to those kind of goals. So frustrating!

Ramsey is starting to frustrate me more and more. I liken him to Ryu Griff in that he can be anonymous or even poor for large amounts of the game. But the brief amount he'll either light the world on fire and win you a game, and you'll write home about him for days, or he'll continue to be rubbish and somehow avoid most criticism for it.

Theo just isn't a central striker IMO.

I never used to, but I really like Coquelin. He had another fantastic game imo. I felt sorry for him being subbed - I thought it should have been Ramsey instead.

I feel confident in finishing top four again but unless we add a Benzema I just can't see where this big hyped finish will come from. And tbh I haven't really seen the offseason changes to warrant this escalated hype, but anyway.

GazFish35
10-08-2015, 12:43 AM
Didn't see it (no I'm not wenger) but listened to the game.

Very arsenal.

Saw both goals, agree pv4, first one was woeful marking....still he should have done better. 80-20 blame IMO.

Bremsstrahlung
10-08-2015, 12:52 AM
I think the problem for the first one, is that he is miles from it. Not even close to getting a hand to it. And he didn't really look wrong footed or anything. He just looked slow to react. Which imo, is not a good look for somebody of his calibre, and for a club like Arsenal.
Don't worry, Liverpool will make you feel better soon. :lulzturtle:

(pessimistic Liverpool fan)

plague
10-08-2015, 02:22 PM
Ffs, so underwhelming.

Nacho just did my head in. I felt like the first goal was on him. And he just turned it over too much.

Debuchy wasn't as bad as Nacho but I wouldn't say he was good really.

Ozil just couldn't find anything.

Giroud was destroyed by Ogbonna and Tomkins, who did fantastically.

AOC is just fantastic. As much as I love Roy Keane, one day he'll just have the biggest egg on his face about the selfies and sixpacks rant at Ox. Imo Ox can be the best English player within a few years. He's so versatile, and has the potential.

I didn't really see how the first goal was Cech's bad, like the internet did. I thought it was on nacho. But that second goal, ffs. Having a keeper like Cech was meant to just put a stop to those kind of goals. So frustrating!

Ramsey is starting to frustrate me more and more. I liken him to Ryu Griff in that he can be anonymous or even poor for large amounts of the game. But the brief amount he'll either light the world on fire and win you a game, and you'll write home about him for days, or he'll continue to be rubbish and somehow avoid most criticism for it.

Theo just isn't a central striker IMO.

I never used to, but I really like Coquelin. He had another fantastic game imo. I felt sorry for him being subbed - I thought it should have been Ramsey instead.

I feel confident in finishing top four again but unless we add a Benzema I just can't see where this big hyped finish will come from. And tbh I haven't really seen the offseason changes to warrant this escalated hype, but anyway.

Only 37 more posts like this to go mate (plus how ever many games it takes to get kicked out of the Champions League Quarters).

Relax, your Gunners will be fine.

(and by 'fine' I mean 'fourth').

Buddha
10-08-2015, 02:40 PM
IMO, playing Ramsey outwide is doing you no justice, you can't get him into the game enough, need to have Santi outwide and Ramsey playing as the DLP

pv4
10-08-2015, 02:54 PM
IMO, playing Ramsey outwide is doing you no justice, you can't get him into the game enough, need to have Santi outwide and Ramsey playing as the DLP

We don't play Ramsey out wide. He does play in the centre.

The issue we arguably have is starting Ramsey pushes Santi too far out wide, when really he was at his best last year playing CM with Coq.

I think the evidence is pointing to Ozil, Santi & Ramsey as a trio not working together. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ramsey phased out of the starting XI soon.

Btw here's proof of Ramsey not playing out wide:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CL_3u9KW8AAGXIK.jpg:large

q-money
10-08-2015, 02:56 PM
average formation indeed

pv4
10-08-2015, 03:00 PM
average formation indeed

:rof: m8 you don't like our 2-8 formation?

Guess it's a change from Cech's usual 8-2.

plague
10-08-2015, 03:11 PM
I legit went to a Gunners game once and they played 6-1-3 and put 8 past Blackburn.

goaliepersempre
12-08-2015, 07:06 PM
the game just felt a little like cup final where we had so many chances first 30 mins (i stopped watching after that) and just didnt find the net... As much as giroud has his pretty boy french cult status and walcott is walcott...

We just dont have that striker that yup theres def a goal in them a game or more... We missed sanchez from the start, but totally understandable...

Not going into crisis after 1 game... but it seems like the same old same old will occur...

Still gunners over everything in England!!!!

pv4
17-08-2015, 12:29 AM
No idea how Coq wasn't given a second yellow!

Still love Giroud.

Santi frustrated me this game. I find him extremely hit and miss.

Čech will be blamed for every goal Arsenal concede this year regardless of even if he's playing or not.

Really liked Ramsey this game.

Bellerin has given further evidence that he should be above Debuchy when fit, he's exceptional.

parksey
17-08-2015, 12:30 AM
pretty good game. arsenal deserved it but boy did they look poor at the back at times.

ozil is the definition of a luxury player.

pv4
17-08-2015, 12:38 AM
ozil is the definition of a luxury player.

54/55 passes, 5 chances created and 1 assist. The guy is a freak

parksey
17-08-2015, 12:49 AM
i love watching him play. he oozes class.

i just feel as if he disappears for stretches in games. it's as if he sits on the bench for half an hour and comes back on when he's feeling fresh.

you can understand the criticism he cops from pundits and fans in that regard.

pv4
17-08-2015, 12:54 AM
Tbh if Giroud finishes that first chance, if Alexis didn't have a shitty first touch and set up the corner counter goal, Ozil would have racked up 3 assists and this wouldn't even be a discussion point for this game.

The guy is terrific (we agree) and IMO one of those luxuries that a team can "sacrifice" a spot for.

plague
17-08-2015, 08:52 AM
Santi frustrated me this game. I find him extremely hit and miss.

I thought he was your best player.

I also think he is the best player over 90min in the squad by a significant margin.

Other players do better things here and there but he is just consistently great.

I thought Arteta was dead, he was a fair cameo at the end when they needed a cool head.

GazFish35
17-08-2015, 09:40 AM
Tbh if Giroud finishes that first chance, if Alexis didn't have a shitty first touch and set up the corner counter goal, Ozil would have racked up 3 assists and this wouldn't even be a discussion point for this game.

The guy is terrific (we agree) and IMO one of those luxuries that a team can "sacrifice" a spot for.

I do believe David Carney models his game on Mesut.

In all seriousness - not having fox its hard to truly pass judgement but i will anyway - much of what Mesut does when "he goes missing" is making runs and moving dfeenders to create room for others.

He is to this sqaud what Dennis was when he arrived.

GazFish35
17-09-2015, 08:58 AM
http://youtu.be/yT22q_BbsaM

GazFish35
05-10-2015, 02:31 AM
Decent start.

Imyourhero
21-10-2015, 09:16 AM
Guardiola undone by Wenger

goaliepersempre
21-10-2015, 08:16 PM
yewwwwing!

GazFish35
01-11-2015, 03:44 AM
Campbell!

Hope he lives up to the hype of a few years back.

GazFish35
05-11-2015, 07:45 AM
Ouch!

baldrick
05-11-2015, 07:46 AM
It's not going well.

plague
05-11-2015, 03:48 PM
Why you gotta go and make Piers Morgan all sad like.

hawk
05-11-2015, 11:57 PM
beat zargreb and olympi 1-0 then BM thump Olymp and you through

la bazzle
06-11-2015, 08:51 AM
lolz

joel31
15-11-2015, 11:28 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/arsenals-yaya-sanogo-misses-series-6825812
What does Wenger see in him?

baldrick
08-12-2015, 09:42 PM
I'll just leave this here

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/arsenal-to-play-friendlies-against-sydney-fc-and-western-sydney-wanderers-20151208-glirq9.html

baldrick
09-12-2015, 06:57 PM
Arsenal Football Club and the New South Wales (NSW) Government have announced a multi-year tourism partnership, which will culminate in the Gunners playing two pre-season matches against Sydney FC and Western Sydney Wanderers at ANZ Stadium in Sydney in July 2017.

The partnership will give the NSW Government's tourism and major events agency, Destination NSW, the opportunity to promote and market NSW travel and tourism to Arsenal’s global following. Destination NSW is particularly focused on using the partnership to gain exposure in the UK, China and the United States, countries where the club has a particularly large and engaged fanbase.
image: http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/images/dec_15/gun__1449596096_711x400.jpg.jpeg
Destination NSW will become Arsenal’s official tourism partner for Australia, with the ability to utilise a wide range of rights including LED perimeter signage, player and legend access, digital and social promotions, in-stadium activations and matchday hospitality.

Arsenal’s chief commercial officer, Vinai Venkatesham, said: “We are excited to enter into this partnership with the NSW Government and Destination NSW. As well as being our first partnership agreement in Australia, the deal is unique in combining a tourism partnership with pre-season matches.
"We look forward to working with our new partner to promote NSW, before bringing our first team to Sydney for two games in 2017 in front of our passionate Australian fans.”

NSW Minister for Trade, Tourism and Major Events and Minister for Sport, Stuart Ayres, said the partnership would see the state promoted to Arsenal fans around the world.
“This Australian-first partnership will see Sydney and NSW showcased to a global audience every week, giving our state exposure to millions of Arsenal and English Premier League fans. We are proud to be associated with Arsenal, one of the world’s oldest and most prestigious football clubs, and look forward to welcoming them to Sydney in 2017.”

ANZ Stadium managing director Daryl Kerry said the tour would give Sydney two sporting blockbusters back-to-back in 2017.
“Arsenal are one of the most successful clubs in the Premier League, the reigning FA Cup champions, and a club steeped in history and with an enormous following here in Australia,” Mr Kerry said.
“The partnership with Destination NSW is a fantastic initiative and to have the Gunners bringing their elite squad for two games at ANZ Stadium will have fans all over the country and overseas making plans to visit Sydney.”

Details of the Arsenal matches to be played at ANZ Stadium in July 2017 will be announced in due course, with tickets expected to go on sale by September 2016.
Further details will be found can be found at ANZSTADIUM.COM.AU/ARSENALFC

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20151208/arsenal-and-nsw-announce-partnership#GH8kkWpBPO69FZSv.99

redwah
10-12-2015, 08:13 AM
Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20151208/arsenal-and-nsw-announce-partnership#GH8kkWpBPO69FZSv.99

Should just play it at bluetounge....surely there aren't that many Arsenal supporters around.....HeHe.

GazFish35
15-02-2016, 07:50 AM
How good was Giroud's assist for Walcott!

hawk
15-02-2016, 05:26 PM
Arse were struggling until the send off. you owe the ref one

goaliepersempre
15-02-2016, 09:32 PM

always 2 sides of the debate.. drinkwater should have been sent off for the challenge on ramsey (and yes flamini should have been sent of last week)

the pen for vardy... is damn harsh... and glad didnt give the other penalty shout there from mhyraz was it.. Dive....

ITs games like that you have to take it as it is and play the 90+ minutes.. (also we went down against them in the first round and pumped them 5-2 in the end... they where getting there stride back just before the 2nd zellow red.. then its a bloody hard game anyways to break it down... Awesome for welbeck :)

pv4
16-02-2016, 12:37 PM

I'm not going to thank the ref (and linesman) for missing the handball penalty early on in the game that would have seen Arsenal go 1 up.

I'm not going to thank the ref for missing the incredibly blatant foul on Ozil which directly led to the counter attack that Leicester got the penalty, and first goal, for.

I'm not going to thank the ref for giving Vardy the penalty, when really it wasn't a penalty. Yes, there was contact. Yes, Monreal was silly to throw his leg in like that. But Vardy generated the contact, and did not for a second even pretend to be regaining the ball that he touched very far to his right.

I'm not going to thank the ref for somehow not giving any Leicester player a card in the first half.

I'm not going to thank the ref for missing the red card challenge on Ramsey.

But I will thank the laws of the game for punishing Simpson's stupidity to commit such a stupid foul so soon after receiving his first yellow card.

BTW I didn't think either team was struggling before the sendoff. I thought both teams were fantastic, and it was one of my favourite games to watch in years.

How freaking great was Kante, my word. He played about 6 positions at once. The dude is a freak.

Giroud was IMO the man of the match for Arsenal. I don't remember seeing him work so hard on and off the ball, and he was continually hounded by 2-3 Leicester defenders but rarely turned over possession.

Sanchez was marked out of the game really well by Leicester. He was so quiet.

parksey
16-02-2016, 12:50 PM
hate welbeck

pv4
17-02-2016, 09:02 AM
hate welbeck

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/21/1411299062968_wps_3_image001_png.jpg

Bon
17-02-2016, 09:08 AM
He is alive!!!!

goaliepersempre
18-02-2016, 10:33 PM
I'm not going to thank the ref (and linesman) for missing the handball penalty early on in the game that would have seen Arsenal go 1 up.

I'm not going to thank the ref for missing the incredibly blatant foul on Ozil which directly led to the counter attack that Leicester got the penalty, and first goal, for.

I'm not going to thank the ref for giving Vardy the penalty, when really it wasn't a penalty. Yes, there was contact. Yes, Monreal was silly to throw his leg in like that. But Vardy generated the contact, and did not for a second even pretend to be regaining the ball that he touched very far to his right.

I'm not going to thank the ref for somehow not giving any Leicester player a card in the first half.

I'm not going to thank the ref for missing the red card challenge on Ramsey.

But I will thank the laws of the game for punishing Simpson's stupidity to commit such a stupid foul so soon after receiving his first yellow card.

BTW I didn't think either team was struggling before the sendoff. I thought both teams were fantastic, and it was one of my favourite games to watch in years.

How freaking great was Kante, my word. He played about 6 positions at once. The dude is a freak.

Giroud was IMO the man of the match for Arsenal. I don't remember seeing him work so hard on and off the ball, and he was continually hounded by 2-3 Leicester defenders but rarely turned over possession.

Sanchez was marked out of the game really well by Leicester. He was so quiet.

agreed agreed agreed!!!

Jeterpool
19-02-2016, 07:24 AM
i'm not going to thank the ref (and linesman) for missing the handball penalty early on in the game that would have seen arsenal go 1 up.

I'm not going to thank the ref for missing the incredibly blatant foul on ozil which directly led to the counter attack that leicester got the penalty, and first goal, for.

I'm not going to thank the ref for giving vardy the penalty, when really it wasn't a penalty. Yes, there was contact. Yes, monreal was silly to throw his leg in like that. But vardy generated the contact, and did not for a second even pretend to be regaining the ball that he touched very far to his right.

I'm not going to thank the ref for somehow not giving any leicester player a card in the first half.

I'm not going to thank the ref for missing the red card challenge on ramsey.

But i will thank the laws of the game for punishing simpson's stupidity to commit such a stupid foul so soon after receiving his first yellow card.

Btw i didn't think either team was struggling before the sendoff. I thought both teams were fantastic, and it was one of my favourite games to watch in years.

How freaking great was kante, my word. He played about 6 positions at once. The dude is a freak.

Giroud was imo the man of the match for arsenal. I don't remember seeing him work so hard on and off the ball, and he was continually hounded by 2-3 leicester defenders but rarely turned over possession.

Sanchez was marked out of the game really well by leicester. He was so quiet.

he's alive!!!

Frodo
24-02-2016, 09:01 AM
Eff me.

Wenger's gameplan was fine, they had no shots on target in the first half and we had the better chances on the counter. We did everything we needed to do except finish something.
Effing Ox flirts with being a great player but isn't there yet. I think Joel Campbell is a better attacker and still offers good defensive workrate.
Flamini must now realize that he isn't worthy of a new deal. That was definitely Merts fault for not clearing the ball but Flamini still swung his boot like an amatuer, Messi threw himself down and that was that for the tie. Should have been a 2-1 win and then if we lose in Barca we keep some face.

pv4
24-02-2016, 09:05 AM
Throw the bank on Arse to win the return leg by 1 goal.

Fxxx sake

StannyCFCJET
24-02-2016, 09:35 AM
no chance for arsenal at the nou camp 4-0 loss i reckon arsenal chokes again in the UCL again (well done wenger) and then once they choke in the EPL order will be restored. arsenal have a morgatge on 4th place its their responsibility to finish there every year.

Frodo
24-02-2016, 10:01 AM
no chance for arsenal at the nou camp 4-0 loss i reckon arsenal chokes again in the UCL again (well done wenger) and then once they choke in the EPL order will be restored. arsenal have a morgatge on 4th place its their responsibility to finish there every year.

This isn't the 442 forum mate, keep that drivel for them and learn how to spell.

We will probably draw 1-1 away, go 1 up and then concede late.
Giroud deserved a goal today. Mash potatoes was leaning into him and pulling him down and he still managed to leap and direct that header to the bottom corner. Ter Stegen is capable of some fumbles but he can still shot-stop very well.

plague
24-02-2016, 12:17 PM
Messi threw himself down and that was that for the tie.

On this, the most holiest of days, we need to take time out to appreciate the awesomeness of the work of others not named Griff.

Excellent post. Would read this line at least 16 more times.

hawk
24-02-2016, 07:48 PM
Eff me.

Wenger's gameplan was fine, they had no shots on target in the first half and we had the better chances on the counter. We did everything we needed to do except finish something.
Effing Ox flirts with being a great player but isn't there yet. I think Joel Campbell is a better attacker and still offers good defensive workrate.
Flamini must now realize that he isn't worthy of a new deal. That was definitely Merts fault for not clearing the ball but Flamini still swung his boot like an amatuer, Messi threw himself down and that was that for the tie. Should have been a 2-1 win and then if we lose in Barca we keep some face.

That was a pen. any of those in red would have done the same thing.

15 shots to 8
7 corners to 1
%66 possession to barca

Arse were good for a goal but couldnt nab one and the classier team won, you'll have to live with it. It wont be any easier at the nou. Could get a draw there.

Maybe if the Leicester ref was there the score could have been different

Frodo
25-02-2016, 07:54 AM
It was definitely a Penalty, that wasn't what i was trying to allude to. As soon as he swung his dopey leg out the tie was out of reach. If we score first and concede 1, then the tie is still within reach.

Big Merts was quoted saying that it was up front that we should've done better, and i tend to agree with him.

hawk
25-02-2016, 11:34 AM
It was definitely a Penalty, that wasn't what i was trying to allude to. As soon as he swung his dopey leg out the tie was out of reach. If we score first and concede 1, then the tie is still within reach.

Big Merts was quoted saying that it was up front that we should've done better, and i tend to agree with him.

yep. and remember its not over like a lot of barca fans think

pv4
25-02-2016, 12:13 PM
Maybe if the Leicester ref was there the score could have been different

Would barca have been given a penalty earlier?

GazFish35
25-02-2016, 04:14 PM
We will be up 2-1 then Ozil will be sent off for some shit reason like kicking the ball away after not hearing a whitsle, after and incident where no whistle was actually required over the noise of 110,000 people (ala RVP) and then with seconds to go, Walcott will miss a sitter, ala Bendtner.

Its been written in the stars.

baldrick
25-02-2016, 04:22 PM
Arsenal usually play the winner of the Champions Lesgue in February

De-Champ
25-02-2016, 08:53 PM
Arsenal usually play the winner of the Champions Lesgue in February

Spurs??

hawk
26-02-2016, 04:26 PM
Would barca have been given a penalty earlier?

only if at the nou. favours home teams

parksey
29-02-2016, 05:29 PM
:oops:

plague
03-03-2016, 05:11 PM

bump

hawk
04-03-2016, 03:38 PM
pretty much as you were except it seems like every cvnt is letting manure back in

plague
06-03-2016, 12:23 AM
Proper game this.
Nonsense everywhere. Ref forgot his whistle.
112 yr old white dudes are nodding in approval all over.

belchardo
30-04-2016, 07:29 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/30/arsenal-confirm-sydney-fixtures-a-league-sides

Get in gaz.

GazFish35
30-04-2016, 08:03 PM
got a mate with a platinum pass at Homebush.

baldrick
16-05-2016, 02:14 AM
Happy St Totteringham's Day !

pv4
16-05-2016, 08:58 AM
http://i.imgur.com/itp4oR1.png

hawk
16-05-2016, 01:27 PM
never seen so many people deliriously happy with 2nd knowing that you finish above spurs most years, this year was the best to win the prem as the bigs all stumbled and no trophies. something quere about AFC supports?

pv4
16-05-2016, 01:31 PM
never seen so many people deliriously happy with 2nd knowing that you finish above spurs most years, this year was the best to win the prem as the bigs all stumbled and no trophies. something quere about AFC supports?

Just let us take any form of positive we can get from arguably our most underwhelming and disappointing season in a long while.

And allow me to note that our most underwhelming and disappointing season came at the same time as Sp*rs' most impressive & best ever season, and we still beat them :rof::oops:

MFKS
16-05-2016, 02:50 PM
Only Arsenal could finish above Man U Man City Chelsea Liverpool and still not win the League

Gloat all you like about finishing above Spuds.

They had a successful season and were at least in the title race.

Arsenal were not ever seriously in it and when the opportunity came for them to get involved they folded like a cheap ****ing suit.

Nothing to be proud of

GazFish35
16-05-2016, 02:54 PM
Only Arsenal could finish above Man U Man City Chelsea Liverpool and still not win the League

Arsenal were not ever seriously in it and when the opportunity came for them to get involved they folded like a cheap ****ing suit.

Nothing to be proud of

only Arsenal..... and Spurs
but they couldn't even beat us and we were a steaming pile of shit.

hawk
16-05-2016, 07:13 PM

If Arse didnt fall down the stairs in March they would have gone close. Pretty sure next year manu, manc and chelks will be back to best.

pv4
16-05-2016, 07:37 PM

Nothing to be proud of

Sp*rs held 1st position in the league for mere minutes, at max a few hours from memory.

Arsenal were seriously in it until the Swansea & Manure game.

And nothing will change the fact that regardless of who was in it when, the season that was for Arsenal finished above that "successful" season for Sp*rs.

MFKS
16-05-2016, 07:39 PM
If Arse didnt fall down the stairs in March they would have gone close. Pretty sure next year manu, manc and chelks will be back to best.

I sure Chelsea Man City will be back to their best

Man U I think are still another year away. They have some young players who will improve next season but I not convinced they bridge the gap next season.

If CR7 returns though ???

Frodo
16-05-2016, 08:32 PM
I sure Chelsea Man City will be back to their best

Man U I think are still another year away. They have some young players who will improve next season but I not convinced they bridge the gap next season.

If CR7 returns though ???

I honestly reckon unless Man Citeh turn over some players they will struggle. They've got very little heart other than Silva, Fernando and Fernandinho. He is used to having a big gap between his squad and the majority of the league. He won't expect every single week to be as competitive as the PL is.

I'm not getting into a "which league is best argument", look at the last few CL winners. But the BPL is an extremely tough league and i don't think he will adapt as quickly as people think.

MFKS
17-05-2016, 07:28 AM
I honestly reckon unless Man Citeh turn over some players they will struggle. They've got very little heart other than Silva, Fernando and Fernandinho. He is used to having a big gap between his squad and the majority of the league. He won't expect every single week to be as competitive as the PL is.

I'm not getting into a "which league is best argument", look at the last few CL winners. But the BPL is an extremely tough league and i don't think he will adapt as quickly as people think.

It Man City we talking about. I fully expect them to splash the cash.
They may have done little in the League but they did improve in Europe

Would expect they looking to bolster to achieve the UCL dream

Bremsstrahlung
17-05-2016, 08:29 AM
Sp*rs held 1st position in the league for mere minutes, at max a few hours from memory.

Arsenal were seriously in it until the Swansea & Manure game.

And nothing will change the fact that regardless of who was in it when, the season that was for Arsenal finished above that "successful" season for Sp*rs.

I dunno.
From a non-Spurs/non-gunners perspective I see it more as:
Spurs had a successful season, let down by a series of bad results at the end. And working all year to win the title and fall short, doesn't leave much to play for in the final games and disappointment creeps in.
Gunners had an underwhelming season, but we're buoyed by some good results to finish the season. Though, come the last month or two, nobody really thought Arsenal could win the league. Many people will remember who challenged for the league this year and will say leicester and Spurs fought it out.
More people thought Spurs could win the league, than people that though arsenal would. And people even thought it more likely liverpool would make the top 4 (we wanted to prove them wrong.)

I see your point though. But that's what makes Arsenal a top 4 team, and Spurs a 5-7 team. I think this year was their chance to win it, and they shouldn't be being beaten by Leicester.

But anyway, in your opinion, what to do with Wenger?
He's getting pumped by some fans over there, if that takes over, he will get the punt. Do you think he is the man for the next few seasons?

pv4
17-05-2016, 09:18 AM
I see your point though. But that's what makes Arsenal a top 4 team, and Spurs a 5-7 team. I think this year was their chance to win it, and they shouldn't be being beaten by Leicester.

But anyway, in your opinion, what to do with Wenger?
He's getting pumped by some fans over there, if that takes over, he will get the punt. Do you think he is the man for the next few seasons?

It does say a bit that Sp*rs' best season, they actually finished with 2 less points than in AVB's first full season in charge.

I never have nor ever will jump on the Wenger Out brigade. I have full faith in what he has done, what he is currently doing and what he has planned for the future. I'm happy to ignore the protesters and banner makers tbh.

Frodo
17-05-2016, 10:30 AM
It does say a bit that Sp*rs' best season, they actually finished with 2 less points than in AVB's first full season in charge.

I never have nor ever will jump on the Wenger Out brigade. I have full faith in what he has done, what he is currently doing and what he has planned for the future. I'm happy to ignore the protesters and banner makers tbh.

I love Wenger and i'm not on the bandwagon at all. However i do think he realizes that he needs to move on soon. The problem is that they haven't found a successor. I'd be interested to hear who everyone else thinks should replace Arsene and not go down the Man U route...

Once Begeriesten, or however it's spelt, came across from Barca then Pep was always signing for Citeh. Klopp wants passion over success, and a board that will hand him whatever he wants without question, so we weren't going to satisfy him. Simeone wouldn't leave Athletico for us and i don't think he suits us at all, no matter how good a manager he is. Ancellotti and Benitez were too old and not worth the change.

So that leaves from my opinion

Frank DeBoer isn't quite at the top level yet but could be an option.
Laurent Blanc would be be a step up, if we could get him
Joachim Lowe is probably the logical choice at the end of next season.
Eddie Howe would be a massive gamble, more so than David Moyes
Cocu from PSV has done very well there but i'm not sure he's up the level yet
Sampoli from Chile couldn't handle the scrutiny from the media.

None of the ex players have really shown that they are ready either. Viera is the closest but i don't think he cares about us anymore. Henry doesn't have the mentality to be a head coach. Bergkamp still hates flying and has said that he prefers to be a No 2 at this stage. Adams didn't make the transition well...

My money is on Lowe, at the end of next season.

Anyone else got some theories?

pv4
17-05-2016, 12:10 PM
Klopp was my frontrunner until Liverpool.

I used to think Moyes & Martinez, as I think we all had fleeting thoughts about, but they've both underwhelmed since those times.

I really, really don't know.

What I hope is Arsene does the groundwork for it, and tees it up.

Frodo
17-05-2016, 02:36 PM
Klopp was my frontrunner until Liverpool.

I used to think Moyes & Martinez, as I think we all had fleeting thoughts about, but they've both underwhelmed since those times.

I really, really don't know.

What I hope is Arsene does the groundwork for it, and tees it up.

There's not many that can stay at the top for long anymore. Seems like dressing rooms can be lost very easily these days. Look at Everton, not much changed but they seemed to turn on Martinez once word of the new owners came in.

Tommyjet
17-05-2016, 08:16 PM
I love Wenger and i'm not on the bandwagon at all. However i do think he realizes that he needs to move on soon. The problem is that they haven't found a successor. I'd be interested to hear who everyone else thinks should replace Arsene and not go down the Man U route...

Once Begeriesten, or however it's spelt, came across from Barca then Pep was always signing for Citeh. Klopp wants passion over success, and a board that will hand him whatever he wants without question, so we weren't going to satisfy him. Simeone wouldn't leave Athletico for us and i don't think he suits us at all, no matter how good a manager he is. Ancellotti and Benitez were too old and not worth the change.

So that leaves from my opinion

Frank DeBoer isn't quite at the top level yet but could be an option.
Laurent Blanc would be be a step up, if we could get him
Joachim Lowe is probably the logical choice at the end of next season.
Eddie Howe would be a massive gamble, more so than David Moyes
Cocu from PSV has done very well there but i'm not sure he's up the level yet
Sampoli from Chile couldn't handle the scrutiny from the media.

None of the ex players have really shown that they are ready either. Viera is the closest but i don't think he cares about us anymore. Henry doesn't have the mentality to be a head coach. Bergkamp still hates flying and has said that he prefers to be a No 2 at this stage. Adams didn't make the transition well...

My money is on Lowe, at the end of next season.

Anyone else got some theories?

low is the man imo too

GazFish35
18-05-2016, 07:05 AM
We need a bloke like David Dein back on the board.
The board don't care about winning, just the finances.

Wenger will find some replacement from some abscure league no one has heard of, bit like when he turned up.

Popovic. ;)

Frodo
18-05-2016, 07:43 AM
We need a bloke like David Dein back on the board.
The board don't care about winning, just the finances.

Wenger will find some replacement from some abscure league no one has heard of, bit like when he turned up.

Popovic. ;)

You've got that last bit mixed up. Dein was the one who brought in the obscure manager no-one had heard of. Wenger and Gadzidis will bring in a sensible choice that won't rock the boat. Like Loew or Blanc.

goaliepersempre
25-05-2016, 11:16 PM
XHAKA!!!!!!!! :blush::wub:

plague
04-06-2016, 07:24 AM
Bhahahaha 'sif Vardy gonna wanna play for a mid table club like yours.

Dream on.

pv4
06-06-2016, 11:53 AM
Super confused by Arsene apparently wanting Vardy.

Guess it means for the next few years we won't be signing any Asian players :rof:

plague
23-06-2016, 10:49 PM
So Vardy telling you lot to jam it.
New world order.

GazFish35
11-09-2016, 04:40 PM
Play Koz up front!

What a finish!

Jeterpool
14-09-2016, 10:57 AM
Giroud is a goose

goaliepersempre
19-09-2016, 03:28 PM
Xhaka :blush::wub:

and Ozil casually completeing 104 passes....

plague
06-11-2016, 07:24 PM
so are there any means of watching the game tonight other than optus?

baldrick
04-12-2016, 07:46 AM
:sup:

Bremsstrahlung
04-12-2016, 08:06 AM
Sanchez and oezil on fire ATM.

Roundball Enthusiast
19-12-2016, 01:11 PM
You guys just f#&king love 4th.

StannyCFCJET
19-12-2016, 07:48 PM
You guys just f#&king love 4th.

hahhahahahaah Ozil is also a coward hahaha World class my ass

pv4
19-12-2016, 09:18 PM

Hazard literally went missing for a season m8

Frodo
20-12-2016, 11:43 AM

Does your mum know you talk to adults on internet forums?

Cause I don't want to get into trouble by NAMBLA or anyone else for talking to kids online.

Frodo
20-12-2016, 11:46 AM
2 Loses in a row and all of a sudden the world is falling down. If those 2 games were in reverse we would have played a weakened team against Everton to try to rest some legs.

Mustafi will back in a week or two and that's the defence sorted.
Maybe the attack needs a game off to recharge it's batteries.
Still half a season to play and we are above Tottenham, glass half full and all that.

Roundball Enthusiast
20-12-2016, 12:13 PM
Still half a season to play and we are above Tottenham, glass half full and all that.

This is why you never finish higher than 4th Frodo.

Only ambition is beating an always under performing Tottenham.

Jeterpool
20-12-2016, 12:20 PM

Cause I don't want to get into trouble by NAMBLA or anyone else for talking to kids online.

:rof:

StannyCFCJET
20-12-2016, 12:29 PM

Does Arsenal Know not how to Crumble and choke???

Frodo
20-12-2016, 12:35 PM
This is why you never finish higher than 4th Frodo.

Only ambition is beating an always under performing Tottenham.

Chelsea were rubbish last year with the guy who is supposedly their god in charge and they haven't won the league this year yet. We finished 2nd which, if my maths in correct, is a higher position on the ladder than both Tottenham and Chelsea finished last season.

Chelsea are having a great run, next week they have a few out with suspension and they have another few only a booking away from a week off, who knows they might lose a game or two and then liverpool, Citeh and Arsenal are breathing down their necks again.

As i said, tis a long season which is only half way done.

Frodo
20-12-2016, 12:36 PM
Does Arsenal Know not how to Crumble and choke???

GREATEST COMEBACK EVER!!!!

I am going to go sit in the corner and think about what life means now, you sir have ruined me forever.

pv4
20-12-2016, 01:05 PM
The upsetting thing is arsenal went from 2 weekends in a row of basically perfect results, to the week from hell. Drawing Bayern, Everton loss, City loss, all other teams picking up 3 points.

Frodo
20-12-2016, 01:23 PM
The upsetting thing is arsenal went from 2 weekends in a row of basically perfect results, to the week from hell. Drawing Bayern, Everton loss, City loss, all other teams picking up 3 points.

PV4, Reckon we throw over 200k at Sanchez or Ozil?

I was contemplating whether the Sanchez money would be better spent on Griezman? Would demand less wages, big fee tho. Similar overall spend but not breaking the wage structure like the Sanchez deal will.

StannyCFCJET
20-12-2016, 02:24 PM
GREATEST COMEBACK EVER!!!!

I am going to go sit in the corner and think about what life means now, you sir have ruined me forever.

Not sure if serious or not but ill take it.

pv4
20-12-2016, 05:07 PM
PV4, Reckon we throw over 200k at Sanchez or Ozil?

I was contemplating whether the Sanchez money would be better spent on Griezman? Would demand less wages, big fee tho. Similar overall spend but not breaking the wage structure like the Sanchez deal will.

Imo it's too much of a ganble (sup kerem bulut) to pay big $$ on unproven in the BPL players. Break the bank on Ozil and Sanchez, they'd both walk into basically any other team in the world and they clearly fit our current style and playing group. Someone, one day, was always going to break the wage structure so it might as well be guys we know are worth it.

baldrick
02-01-2017, 06:56 AM
Giroud :thumbsup:

plague
02-01-2017, 08:50 AM

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--qL3_RTpO--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/afu6j9homp8x6b42tukd.gif

redwah
02-01-2017, 03:47 PM

Tripped over and fluked it

GazFish35
03-01-2017, 11:09 AM
was nice to see the look of surprise on his face, and his "maximum luck" comment after the game was nice to hear some honest reaction from a player.

great goal!

pv4
03-01-2017, 11:17 AM
Puskas award sealed already :rof:

That entire leadup for the goal was amazing - Wengerball at its finest. Lucas tracking back phenomenally to win possession, Giroud's flick, the ball to Sanchez, Giroud's barnstorm run from the flick to the goal. Just amazing scenes.

Aaaaaand it wasn't offside like Mkytarian's (sp) :oops:

parksey
03-01-2017, 09:28 PM
Being offside actually makes Miki's better.

Jetmaster
04-01-2017, 07:24 AM
Well here we go Gooners - January choke? Need to lift big time second half.

I always liked Charlie Daniels..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNSljt0i3TI

GazFish35
04-01-2017, 08:05 AM
We look very tired and uninspired.

Bit like watching the jerks

GazFish35
04-01-2017, 08:21 AM
Perez

Decent volley!

Bon
04-01-2017, 08:22 AM
Can the Cherries hold on??

And a red card now.. Going to be a tense last few minutes..

GazFish35
04-01-2017, 08:37 AM
Get in!

Bon
04-01-2017, 08:38 AM
Get in!

And +6 minutes!!! Not over yet at all..
Insane..

GazFish35
04-01-2017, 08:38 AM
About to be

parksey
04-01-2017, 10:28 AM
ffs

Bremsstrahlung
04-01-2017, 11:00 AM
Nice comeback!

Hoping for a Chelsea V Spurs draw.
A win for Chelsea puts them in a very strong position and if they can keep a fit squad, it'll be hard for them to lose it.
A win for Spurs makes the 2-5th battle a bit closer and restricts Chelsea a little (maybe the wheels will fall
Off). That's purely my biased Liverpool opinion though.

All in all, it's a reasonably unpredictable league ATM. Whoever can get a run of wins on the board from here on will be the winner.
I'd worry that Chelsea have peaked too soon, and may lose some momentum as others gain momentum (hopefully).
If they keep winning over the next 5 or so weeks, they won't lose it from there.

StannyCFCJET
08-02-2017, 08:36 AM
Arsene wenger we want you to stay

De-Champ
08-02-2017, 08:47 AM
Nice comeback!

Hoping for a Chelsea V Spurs draw.
A win for Chelsea puts them in a very strong position and if they can keep a fit squad, it'll be hard for them to lose it.
A win for Spurs makes the 2-5th battle a bit closer and restricts Chelsea a little (maybe the wheels will fall
Off). That's purely my biased Liverpool opinion though.

All in all, it's a reasonably unpredictable league ATM. Whoever can get a run of wins on the board from here on will be the winner.
I'd worry that Chelsea have peaked too soon, and may lose some momentum as others gain momentum (hopefully).
If they keep winning over the next 5 or so weeks, they won't lose it from there.

Gee Whiz.....What a lot of wishful thinking... In a nutshell... Chelsea do not look like losing matches...so hard for them not to win the league this year. The rest of the top 4/5 will come down to the games between each other. forget the rest, run of wins etc.

StannyCFCJET
08-02-2017, 08:58 AM
Gee Whiz.....What a lot of wishful thinking... In a nutshell... Chelsea do not look like losing matches...so hard for them not to win the league this year. The rest of the top 4/5 will come down to the games between each other. forget the rest, run of wins etc.

No other team below Chelsea bar maybe Spurs and they drew with Sunderland have shown that they wont drop anymore points before season's end.

Macca
08-02-2017, 09:19 AM
Its hard to see anyone mounting a credible challenge. But if sport was predictable none of us would be here

De-Champ
08-02-2017, 12:29 PM
Its hard to see anyone mounting a credible challenge. But if sport was predictable none of us would be here

Agree. Anything could happen. It is possible for Chelsea to lose three/four games in a row, but highly improbable, and I cannot see that happening as they are winning games easily.
The real race is for second, third and fourth. In that regard, they all seem to be losing a game here and there. So the games between themselves will be decisive.

StannyCFCJET
08-02-2017, 12:35 PM
Agree. Anything could happen. It is possible for Chelsea to lose three/four games in a row, but highly improbable, and I cannot see that happening as they are winning games easily.
The real race is for second, third and fourth. In that regard, they all seem to be losing a game here and there. So the games between themselves will be decisive.

Even if we lose 3 or 4 no other team has the players or the manager to go on an actual run. You mention the word title to spurs arsenal liverpool and they shit themselves and run the other way. I'd argue city mount a serious run but c'mon Claudio Bravo yeah not gonna happen

De-Champ
08-02-2017, 03:38 PM
Even if we lose 3 or 4 no other team has the players or the manager to go on an actual run. You mention the word title to spurs arsenal liverpool and they shit themselves and run the other way. I'd argue city mount a serious run but c'mon Claudio Bravo yeah not gonna happen

I agree with you

Frodo
13-02-2017, 08:50 AM
Not sure if i should post this in the Leshter City thread or this one.

Given how bad Leicester are this year, i.e. very real chance of relegation, what are people's thoughts into the 'Wenger Out' Brigade?

Would you rather win 1 title and then be forgotten or have a few bad seasons OR would you rather consistently be one of the best teams in the EPL and be a match for almost anyone in Europe?

I know i am at a point were i think Wenger needs to move on, if not this season then at the end of next year. But until someone comes along who is an improvement and can handle the job i don't see the point in pushing him out with the stupid banner and what not.

So basically is 1 title worth more to you then consistently being around the top?

pv4
13-02-2017, 09:03 AM
So basically is 1 title worth more to you then consistently being around the top?

I never have nor ever will be on the Wenger Out brigade.

We have won the fourth place trophy a shitload of times (which is so much bigger than anyone gives credit for, and the fact that we've consistently done it is such a huge success in itself), we have a golden PL trophy which I doubt anyone will ever win again, and we have celebrated St Totteringham's Day for 21 consecutive years.

Let Wenger continue to do his thing how he wants - because his freedom to do so for this long has given us so many great memories that I refuse to forget.

plague
13-02-2017, 09:32 AM

this is a great question.

imho the answer should align with the individual clubs and their (realistic) expectations.

id 'assume' Arsenal genuinely believe they can win the comp 3 out of every 10 years, i genuinely believe Lester thought they could win the league once in a blue ****ing moon.

Lester lived up to expectations, Arsenal (probably) haven't.

the thing that gets me is that without Wenger the expectations would never have been this high. he's a victim of his own success.

i think he's a good manager, and unless you can replace him with a better manager then don't.

Klopp probably would have been good at Arsenal. Jose, Conte etc i doubt would have got any more out of the squad.

plus, the longer Wenger stays in the more annoyed Piers Morgan gets and thats something we should all get behind.

Frodo
13-02-2017, 09:42 AM
plus, the longer Wenger stays in the more annoyed Piers Morgan gets and thats something we should all get behind.

True.

StannyCFCJET
13-02-2017, 11:05 AM
Not sure if i should post this in the Leshter City thread or this one.

Given how bad Leicester are this year, i.e. very real chance of relegation, what are people's thoughts into the 'Wenger Out' Brigade?

Would you rather win 1 title and then be forgotten or have a few bad seasons OR would you rather consistently be one of the best teams in the EPL and be a match for almost anyone in Europe?

I know i am at a point were i think Wenger needs to move on, if not this season then at the end of next year. But until someone comes along who is an improvement and can handle the job i don't see the point in pushing him out with the stupid banner and what not.

But your not a Match for any big club in europe, youve proven this time and time again over the last 12 years. Hell Monaco knocked you out ffs

Frodo
13-02-2017, 11:23 AM
But your not a Match for any big club in europe, youve proven this time and time again over the last 12 years. Hell Monaco knocked you out ffs

20 Apr 2004 AS Monaco v Chelsea L 3-1 UEFA Champions League
05 May 2004 Chelsea v AS Monaco D 2-2 UEFA Champions League

That's your teams record against them. But yet again you prove the rule that Chelsea fans only remember the times that they win.

25 Feb 2015 Arsenal v AS Monaco L 1-3 UEFA Champions League
17 Mar 2015 AS Monaco v Arsenal W 0-2 UEFA Champions League

That's our results against them. So pretty much even. Monaco are currently top of Ligue 1 and have been scoring goals for fun. So what was your argument again?

Honestly, you seem like a reasonable kid, i haven't seen you out the back of the forum swapping dank memes to your mates in School uniform, but you should leave the adult conversations to those of us who have actually been through puberty. Once you start getting hair down there and Timmy from down the street starts noticing your lovely lady lumps then you can come sit at the big kids table and bring something useful to the conversation.

Love from your friendly neighbourhood Hobbit, Guarding his ring from evil attacks since 1906.

PC14
13-02-2017, 11:43 AM
I saw something online on Saturday - At his best, Wenger delivered a side that went the season undefeated. At his worst, he produced a side that finished 4th.

I think it may be time for a change, but if the worst it gets is 4th, then I think I'll be able to sit through that for a year or two more.

pv4
13-02-2017, 11:50 AM
I saw something online on Saturday - At his best, Wenger delivered a side that went the season undefeated. At his worst, he produced a side that finished 4th.

I didn't realise my thoughts could be summarised so well.

Frodo
13-02-2017, 12:04 PM

That is brilliant.

The season before he arrived we finished 10th, the one before that was 9th. I don't want him to leave, but i can see some changes that i don't think he can fix.

Also, Sanchez is being a bit of a dick at the moment. Hasn't been tracking back as much as he has in the past, not passing to anyone other than Ozil. I know i'm being nit-picky over one of our best players but his overall demeanour makes me nervous for Bayern. I feel like if we had Santi back maybe we were due for a shock over them. They are being pretty casual towards us and if we could hold the ball better i think our attack is as good as there's. But we will probably struggle in midfield against one of the best in Europe.

Hopefully we can get a draw away and bring them back to the Emirates with more pressure on their shoulders than ours. Very optimistic but not unrealistic.

q-money
13-02-2017, 12:08 PM
imagine if arsenal got relegated ffs

please sack wenger so this can occur and i can watch the carnage

pv4
13-02-2017, 12:12 PM
imagine if arsenal got relegated ffs

please sack wenger so this can occur and i can watch the carnage

Well it's been what 13 years since Chelsea's last "membership drive"

pv4
13-02-2017, 12:13 PM
Also, Sanchez is being a bit of a dick at the moment.

With his goal return, I'm all for him being a dick :rof:

StannyCFCJET
13-02-2017, 12:39 PM
20 Apr 2004 AS Monaco v Chelsea L 3-1 UEFA Champions League
05 May 2004 Chelsea v AS Monaco D 2-2 UEFA Champions League

That's your teams record against them. But yet again you prove the rule that Chelsea fans only remember the times that they win.

25 Feb 2015 Arsenal v AS Monaco L 1-3 UEFA Champions League
17 Mar 2015 AS Monaco v Arsenal W 0-2 UEFA Champions League

That's our results against them. So pretty much even. Monaco are currently top of Ligue 1 and have been scoring goals for fun. So what was your argument again?

Honestly, you seem like a reasonable kid, i haven't seen you out the back of the forum swapping dank memes to your mates in School uniform, but you should leave the adult conversations to those of us who have actually been through puberty. Once you start getting hair down there and Timmy from down the street starts noticing your lovely lady lumps then you can come sit at the big kids table and bring something useful to the conversation.

Love from your friendly neighbourhood Hobbit, Guarding his ring from evil attacks since 1906.

Difference is weve maken the last 4 of the Champions league almost every season Plus weve actually won it. When's the last time you got past the round of 16????

baldrick
13-02-2017, 12:39 PM

I think it may be time for a change, but if the worst it gets is 4th, then I think I'll be able to sit through that for a year or two more.

This.

Jeterpool
13-02-2017, 12:46 PM
Difference is weve maken the last 4 of the Champions league almost every season Plus weve actually won it. When's the last time you got past the round of 16????

Seriously, Stanny. Why does EVERYTHING have to be argued and compared to Chelsea - you're doing it in here, you're doing it in the Liverpool thread...just let it be