PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

PC14
13-02-2017, 02:20 PM
Difference is weve maken the last 4 of the Champions league

What is maken? I thought you must have meant made, but I've just checked the keyboard and the letter 'd' is nowhere near the letter 'n'. I can only assume you think this is a real word. Can you help the rest of us out and give us the meaning?

Also, you bought Monaco into the conversation to try and prove Arsenal's lack of ability to against 'big clubs' and were debunked by stats that prove Chelsea are no better at beating Monaco then Arsenal. Now you throw out a question about the last time we made it out of the last 16. I think a better question would be, when was the last time we didn't make the last 16? And compare that answer to the last time your club didn't make the last 16.

Can you count a year where you didn't make Champions League as a year you didn't make the last 16?

Frodo
13-02-2017, 02:32 PM
Difference is weve maken the last 4 of the Champions league almost every season Plus weve actually won it. When's the last time you got past the round of 16????

How did your boys go this year in the Champions League? Group Stage? Quarter Finals? Did you even compete in the Europa League? Your team didn't even 'maken' it into Europe last year? Haha.

Yet again, Goldfish Memory and you want to make sure everyone knows you support Chelsea and hate Arsenal. We get it you miss Jose', it's cool. He will call you back eventually. Just chill and relax a little.

StannyCFCJET
15-02-2017, 05:26 PM
Hearing the Barcelona coach Enrique is most likely leaving would you guys take him at the Emirates?

Frodo
15-02-2017, 06:51 PM
Hearing the Barcelona coach Enrique is most likely leaving would you guys take him at the Emirates?

I don't think he will come to the premier league. He won't want to follow Pep again. He might move back to Serie A if he quits Barca. Maybe takeover from Max Allegri who seems to be firming up as favourite to replace Wenger.

I don't think Enrique is better than Wenger either.

I think if he leaves this year it will either be Allegri, Laurent Blanc, Eddie Howe or Ralph Hasenhüttl (the guy from RB Liepzig). That's if it happens this year. Just throwing that out there.

Frodo
15-02-2017, 06:54 PM
I always thought Joacham Low would take over. He would have been a good fit as well. Silly bugger signed another 2 year deal with the German national team tho. Bugger.

furns
16-02-2017, 01:28 AM
I don't think he will come to the premier league. He won't want to follow Pep again. He might move back to Serie A if he quits Barca. Maybe takeover from Max Allegri who seems to be firming up as favourite to replace Wenger.

I don't think Enrique is better than Wenger either.

I think if he leaves this year it will either be Allegri, Laurent Blanc, Eddie Howe or Ralph Hasenhüttl (the guy from RB Liepzig). That's if it happens this year. Just throwing that out there.Diego Simeone?

Bon
16-02-2017, 09:18 AM
They have some other issues going on atm...
Alles is gut!!

Frodo
16-02-2017, 09:35 AM
They have some other issues going on atm...
Alles is gut!!

That's not gone well has it. Kos goes off and we collectively forget how to play football. Fudge.

Well at least Piers Morgan is probably having an aneurysm right now.

Also, Simeone is going to Inter Milan if/when he leaves Madrid. He already said so somewhere a few months back.

baldrick
16-02-2017, 09:40 AM
Sutton United must be rubbing their hands together.

If we play like that against them, an upset is on the cards

Frodo
16-02-2017, 10:31 AM
Sutton United must be rubbing their hands together.

If we play like that against them, an upset is on the cards

I just hope he leaves most of this team at home against them. Sanchez, Ozil, Iwobi, Coq, Mustafi all don't need to come to Sutton at all.

Frodo
16-02-2017, 10:35 AM
This game is either a catalyst for change back to the way we were pressuring teams about a month ago, if the squad has any spirit left in it, or finally signalling the end for Wenger and a portion of this squad. Which would be sad but if it necessary for the team to shake off some mentality issues against the worlds best than so be it.

We won't know until the team comes out against Liverpool, they play the sort of football that will hurt you if you don't give 110% against them. So quick on the counter and good at absorbing pressure. That will be a very interesting game now.

Bremsstrahlung
16-02-2017, 12:12 PM
This game is either a catalyst for change back to the way we were pressuring teams about a month ago, if the squad has any spirit left in it, or finally signalling the end for Wenger and a portion of this squad. Which would be sad but if it necessary for the team to shake off some mentality issues against the worlds best than so be it.

We won't know until the team comes out against Liverpool, they play the sort of football that will hurt you if you don't give 110% against them. So quick on the counter and good at absorbing pressure. That will be a very interesting game now.

Just park the bus and wait for us to shoot ourselves.

parksey
16-02-2017, 10:11 PM
priceless

baldrick
08-03-2017, 11:04 AM
Dark days, dark days indeed

Bon
08-03-2017, 02:09 PM
:popcorn: Just kicking back waiting for the "Frodo froff up" over this mornings game..

Frodo
08-03-2017, 02:11 PM
Dark days, dark days indeed

I'm having trouble pin pointing the problem now. I guess you could blame Wenger for the capitulation after Kos went off twice over the tie. But surely there was enough quality on the pitch to stay solid for the rest of the game. We have beaten many teams with 10 men and defended leads to top tier opposition with 10 men. Even if we concede 1-2 of those goals then people will question the ref and we move on to another top 4 finish. But to let in 5 after going down to 10 is terrible.

Firstly, i'm super happy to let Sanchez go no matter who comes in to coach. Obviously doesn't want to work hard for the team, has a bitch and moan after he got a bad tackle at training from Kos, who apologised afterwards according to Pires. Great talent, no heart. When the team is working well he looks wonderful, as soon as it gets tough he looks mediocre. Eden Hazard 2.0. Piss him off and either sign Carrasco or Mbappe. Or sell him and Giroud and push out the boat for an out and out striker.

I think Wenger will be here next year unless Allegri says yes. Can't risk throw anyone into the hot seat with the turmoil in the players. Sort out a new squad and then announce it early in the year that he is leaving, The players will lift for him and he will go out with his head held high.

Frodo
08-03-2017, 02:14 PM
:popcorn: Just kicking back waiting for the "Frodo froff up" over this mornings game..

I never expected to win so i'm not frothing up too much, other than Sanchez.

I don't even like football, i just like the hollow feeling i get inside when i watch my teams inevitably fail.:facepalm:

Bon
08-03-2017, 02:17 PM
I never expected to win so i'm not frothing up too much

I don't even like football, i just like the hollow feeling i get inside when i watch my teams inevitably fail.:facepalm:

Spoken like a true Jets fan...

Jeterpool
08-03-2017, 02:35 PM

This so many times over!

pv4
08-03-2017, 03:04 PM
I'm not looking into Sanchez laughing as much as others. From the clip I watched, it looked like Cech of all people lent over and said something funny to him, which Sanchez laughed at. I dunno, apparently the world embraces the beautiful game of Ronaldinho, Juninho, etc always smiling but Sanchez (assumedly) sees something funny in something his CAPTAIN told him and the world implodes? Nah, not buying it sorry.

I fully expected us to win this game by not enough, which we were seemingly on track to do pre-Kos red card.

I'm still optimistic about finishing the season off successfully (fully worth noting I consider top 4 to be a successful season, and actually despise when people disagree - most of which are just trying to hide their utter failures in not achieving it consistently). I think it'll take finishing outside the top 4 for me to join the #out bridgade, otherwise I still have faith in Arsene.

plague
08-03-2017, 03:38 PM
Firstly, i'm super happy to let Sanchez go no matter who comes in to coach

Wait?
Is this a thing?
Do Arsenal fans not like Sanchez?
Geez, I reackon he's ace and probably your best player.

pv4
08-03-2017, 04:27 PM
Wait?
Is this a thing?
Do Arsenal fans not like Sanchez?
Geez, I reackon he's ace and probably your best player.

His is ace, and Arsenals best player.

He is passionate and is stepping on a few toes and some fans want to see the back end of him.

I guess little do most of them recall that Sanchez probably isn't even as passionate, competitive and as much of a grub as any of our Invincibles :rof::oops:

The reaction from this morning seems to be because there's a clip of him laughing while on the bench, which as I said above I'm pretty sure is become the ultimate professional Petr Cech seems to say something funny to him rather than him just laughing at his team being down by 4 goals and 1 man.

pv4
08-03-2017, 04:32 PM

If this isn't worthy of being included in Jpool's sig, I don't know what is.

Perfect.

Frodo
08-03-2017, 04:36 PM
I'm not looking into Sanchez laughing as much as others. From the clip I watched, it looked like Cech of all people lent over and said something funny to him, which Sanchez laughed at. I dunno, apparently the world embraces the beautiful game of Ronaldinho, Juninho, etc always smiling but Sanchez (assumedly) sees something funny in something his CAPTAIN told him and the world implodes? Nah, not buying it sorry.

I fully expected us to win this game by not enough, which we were seemingly on track to do pre-Kos red card.

I'm still optimistic about finishing the season off successfully (fully worth noting I consider top 4 to be a successful season, and actually despise when people disagree - most of which are just trying to hide their utter failures in not achieving it consistently). I think it'll take finishing outside the top 4 for me to join the #out bridgade, otherwise I still have faith in Arsene.

It wasn't his laugh that has annoyed me about him. His game has dropped tremendously since China offered him silly money and Giroud was put back into the team. He doesn't work as hard as he used to, he gives up on lost balls, he yells at his own players but won't accept criticism by anyone else, he refused to thank supporters a few times, he sulks every time he gets subbed, he always looks for Ozil rather than playing it simple when we are trying to keep possession.

He is one of the most lethal attackers in the league but i personally don't like his attitude. If he stays and scores goals then well done but i have thought he was done for the last 3 months or so and would be surprised if he didn't keep up his antics until he is sold at the end of the year.

Frodo
08-03-2017, 04:38 PM
I'm not saying he isn't a great player, i am basically just cranky that he is leaving and wish he was sold before he threw his toys out the pram.

plague
08-03-2017, 04:48 PM
He doesn't work as hard as he used to, he gives up on lost balls, he yells at his own players but won't accept criticism by anyone else, he refused to thank supporters a few times, he sulks every time he gets subbed, he always looks for Ozil rather than playing it simple when we are trying to keep possession.

He is one of the most lethal attackers in the league but i personally don't like his attitude. If he stays and scores goals then well done but i have thought he was done for the last 3 months or so and would be surprised if he didn't keep up his antics until he is sold at the end of the year.

So he's like Cristiano Ronaldo then?

Man you football fans are hard to work out.

(but I still love all of you)

plague
08-03-2017, 04:49 PM
I'm not saying he isn't a great player, i am basically just cranky that he is leaving and wish he was sold before he threw his toys out the pram.

Ok now this is more understandable.

baldrick
08-03-2017, 06:15 PM
It wasn't his laugh that has annoyed me about him. His game has dropped tremendously since China offered him silly money and Giroud was put back into the team. He doesn't work as hard as he used to, he gives up on lost balls, he yells at his own players but won't accept criticism by anyone else, he refused to thank supporters a few times, he sulks every time he gets subbed, he always looks for Ozil rather than playing it simple when we are trying to keep possession.

Wenger is a firm believer (ask van Persie) that no one player is bigger than the team. And Sanchez does seem to be filling that role now

StannyCFCJET
08-03-2017, 07:45 PM

You still think you can finish top 4? when Liverpool beat you and Man U keep winning games WOW

pv4
09-03-2017, 10:02 AM
You still think you can finish top 4? when Liverpool beat you and Man U keep winning games WOW

I'm optimistic we will, yeah. Will probably cry if we don't.

We have a game in hand on Liverpool and are "only" 2 points behind.

We don't have to play Liverpool again.

Are Manure actually able to get out of 6th spot? Seems like a curse for them :rof:

furns
09-03-2017, 02:37 PM
Wenger is a firm believer (ask van Persie) that no one player is bigger than the team. And Sanchez does seem to be filling that role now
If Arsene truly thought that, then Sanchez wouldn't have even been on the bench. He would have been dropped completely

Frodo
10-03-2017, 12:08 PM
Here is an article that came out after the Bayern debacle that follows along the same lines as my argument against Sanchez. Yet again, he is a terrific striker and i have no qualms about him scoring goals for us, but he definitely has problems.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15118/10794349/alexis-sanchez8217s-running-and-sprint-stats-hint-at-arsenal-problem

Firstly, the running data. This is a headline figure that is easily digestible for coaches but can be misleading because it does not allow for the intensity and intelligence of players' work.

And yet, it is still a little alarming that Sanchez is yet to run 10 kilometres in a single Premier League game this season despite having completed the 90 minutes on 20 occasions.

By way of comparison, Mesut Ozil, a player sometimes styled as diffident, has hit that mark in 14 of the 16 full Premier League games that he has played this season.

That shows that not only does Sanchez not work as hard as people seem to imagine he does, but also that Ozil works harder than most people give him credit for.

However, consider the fact that Olivier Giroud has run more than 10 kilometres on each of the occasions that he has played the 90 minutes and a different picture emerges.

Is Sanchez really working as hard as he can? In his last Premier League start against Hull he had the lowest average speed of all 26 outfield players to feature in the match.

Damn, Giroud works harder than Sanchez does. That isn't good enough for someone of Sanchez's ability and fitness.

The article also goes on about his drop off in 'High Intensity Sprints' as well as the fact that he has lost the ball more than any other team mate, over 100 times more.

Macca
10-03-2017, 02:06 PM
Last one is interesting. I would be inclined to attribute it to something along the lines of him being one of the two players tasked with being chief creators in the team. When you have a possession based team like Arsenal, many of the players are very happy to play low risk passes with high percentage completion. This is fine, but somewhere along the line, someone usually has to take a chance or a risk. This responsibility usually falls to one or two star players blessed with technical or vision skills to try to create dangerous situations.

I guess I'm just saying I'm not sure that stat is as bad for him as it sounds. Perhaps it could be weighted somehow against a chances created or similar stat to see how he compares to the rest of the squad.

As for distance covered. I think its hard to read much into that. I do find it humorous however that the "lazy" Ozil consistently outruns the hard working, passionate Sanchez.

Imyourhero
10-03-2017, 03:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UEcJXXJ-uU

StannyCFCJET
11-04-2017, 09:05 AM
Business are usual??

PC14
11-04-2017, 09:42 AM
Business are usual??

Crystal Palace beating their big brothers in London?

StannyCFCJET
11-04-2017, 09:46 AM
Crystal Palace beating their big brothers in London?

Yep cant argue there. We seem to loose to Crystal Palace every year.

GazFish35
24-04-2017, 12:26 PM
done good played hard.

good to see we can the shit out of another team if we need to.

Chelsea 3-0 in the final FWIW

Jeterpool
24-04-2017, 12:29 PM
done good played hard.

good to see we can the shit out of another team if we need to.

Chelsea 3-0 in the final FWIW

Very unlike Arsenal. Thought they'd lose to get 4th in the cup ;)

Should be an interesting cup final. It would be the 3rd time in 4 seasons winning the cup if they do...yeah?

StannyCFCJET
24-04-2017, 05:19 PM
I cant wait for the final. Arsenal is the team I wanted. Wenger will set up his way and try and out football us as per usual. Then Hazard will do his magic on the counter and boom game over

goaliepersempre
24-04-2017, 05:43 PM
Very unlike Arsenal. Thought they'd lose to get 4th in the cup ;)

Should be an interesting cup final. It would be the 3rd time in 4 seasons winning the cup if they do...yeah?

Correct and if win we take again the lead on most FA Cup wins.. Should be an interesting game..

Cup Final anything is possible

StannyCFCJET
01-05-2017, 04:12 PM
I even wanted Arsenal to win this morning sad times

StannyCFCJET
24-05-2017, 07:32 PM

Ill just Leave this here :popcorn:

belchardo
28-05-2017, 06:44 PM

Ill just Leave this here :popcorn:

that karma bus must have hurt :D

ignoring the handball for the moment, if we are going to allow goals like the first one stand, why do we still keep the offside rule?

StannyCFCJET
28-05-2017, 07:45 PM
that karma bus must have hurt :D

ignoring the handball for the moment, if we are going to allow goals like the first one stand, why do we still keep the offside rule?

First goal was a proper joke credit where credit's due Arsenal were superb. I wish them well for their Europa league campaign and the hunt for that 4th place trophy

Jetmaster
29-05-2017, 09:27 AM
Undecided about the handball but I was happy with the offside call - they were both miles from anyone else so the only problem they caused was that some Chelsea players stopped....too bad, play to the whistle (this is happening more now).

All up the Gooners should have won by a hatful.

StannyCFCJET
29-05-2017, 01:49 PM
Undecided about the handball but I was happy with the offside call - they were both miles from anyone else so the only problem they caused was that some Chelsea players stopped....too bad, play to the whistle (this is happening more now).

ramsey makes to go for the ball which stops Tibo coming out to claim it plus he blocks his view of the shot. Conte hasnt said pee about the refs all season until now, which tells you how bad the call was. Never the less Arsenal still woulda won

belchardo
29-05-2017, 02:09 PM

agree arsenal were the better team, but this idea that a player needs to touch the ball to interfere with play is fanciful to me. yes, they should have played to the whistle, but every player on the planet would stop when they see an attacker 30cm from the ball in an offside position. particularly as the linesman raised his flag.

goaliepersempre
29-05-2017, 06:15 PM
7 FA Cups for Wenger and 13 for the club...

Great achievement period.

pv4
29-05-2017, 08:29 PM
I still haven't had a good enough look at the alleged handball so can't comment.

But my word if my team conceded that goal I would be sodo so butthurt. I just can't fathom a world where that isn't offside. Ramsey alters how Luiz AND Courtois react, thus interfering with play. Luiz, yes, is silly for not playing the whistle. But Courtois clearly stunts his advance to the ball because of Ramsey's position. IMO that is offside every single day of the week.

May I give a gigantic clap to the ref for carding the diving cheat Moses though. So stoked with how that was dealt with. Perfection.

StannyCFCJET
29-05-2017, 08:34 PM
I still haven't had a good enough look at the alleged handball so can't comment.

But my word if my team conceded that goal I would be sodo so butthurt. I just can't fathom a world where that isn't offside. Ramsey alters how Luiz AND Courtois react, thus interfering with play. Luiz, yes, is silly for not playing the whistle. But Courtois clearly stunts his advance to the ball because of Ramsey's position. IMO that is offside every single day of the week.

May I give a gigantic clap to the ref for carding the diving cheat Moses though. So stoked with how that was dealt with. Perfection.

Were not buthurt cause we played like SHIT. If Chelsea had played well and lost to that goal then the butthurt would be out in force

Bon
31-05-2017, 10:50 AM
Arsene signs on for another two years..
Your thoughts Frodo, pv4??

De-Champ
31-05-2017, 11:45 AM

Just for the record... What did you expect???

Frodo
31-05-2017, 02:07 PM

They looked elsewhere and couldn't find anyone better. Which Wenger knew all year so he just left it all and waited for the board to agree to what he had put forward. It will be interesting to see if they get in a director of Football tho. Wenger has been told to stop playing hardball on transfers and conclude them sooner. Could be interesting to see how that message goes, especially if we get a Director of Football helping out.

My bet is we will know midway through next season the end date for Arsene's career as Arsenal Manager and I reckon those in the know will have sorted out the replacement pretty early. Loew and Allegri seem to be the coaches they wanted this time but couldn't get either.

Tuchel is available, and it was known for a few months that he would be, and they didn't want him. Lucianno Spalletti knew he was being moved on and we didn't want him. Sampoali is too hot headed to deal with our board, plus doesn't speak English. Eddie Howe isn't ready. Paul Clement isn't ready. Unai Emery was poached before we had a chance. Luis Enrique would have been a popular choice amongst Euro fans but said he wants a rest for a year or two.

Frodo
31-05-2017, 02:26 PM
This is completely out of left field... But I would love to see Andre Villa Boas do well in China, then come and win the league with us. He has won the Europa League and was doing a good job in Europe with Spuds before he was sacked and he is still only like 35 or something.

It would just be extra fun for him to come back to London and win it with Arsenal. Plus I think he is a better coach than half the guys currently coaching teams in the EPL.

Frodo
31-05-2017, 02:32 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2017/may/30/david-squires-on-arsenal-winning-a-genuinely-compelling-fa-cup-final

David squires is da best.

Bon
31-05-2017, 02:37 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2017/may/30/david-squires-on-arsenal-winning-a-genuinely-compelling-fa-cup-final

David squires is da best.

:lulzturtle:
Love the inclusion of russjaybee in there..

StannyCFCJET
31-05-2017, 02:53 PM
This is completely out of left field... But I would love to see Andre Villa Boas do well in China, then come and win the league with us. He has won the Europa League and was doing a good job in Europe with Spuds before he was sacked and he is still only like 35 or something.

It would just be extra fun for him to come back to London and win it with Arsenal. Plus I think he is a better coach than half the guys currently coaching teams in the EPL.

AVB has terrible man management skills, be prepared for him to cause friction between him and his players if you signed him.

goaliepersempre
31-05-2017, 06:15 PM
Good, no problem with it at all.....

Frodo
31-05-2017, 08:53 PM
AVB has terrible man management skills, be prepared for him to cause friction between him and his players if you signed him.

Not saying you are incorrect, but the main reason he was sacked at Chelsea was because he wasn't ready for the criticism of the media and the senior players. He admitted it himself and people behind the scenes echoed the same reasons as to why he was sacked. Chelsea have built a Real Madrid like mentality within the playing group, which when it gels is hugely successful but when they have any sort of issue it can turn ugly quickly. Mourinho found that out the 2nd time as well.

Conte is doing so well because he is used to coaching a national football team. You need to be able to take big egos and make them gel quickly in a national team setup.

AVB at Spurs was a totally different story. His first season he came in and finished with Spurs highest points total, as well as the highest points total for a team to miss out on Champions league (Arsenal finished 4th by 1 point) The next year he was given new signings that he didn't agree to and was told that he needed to compete on 3 fronts from the get-go. He won 6 from 6 of his Europa League games but was struggling in the PL and was sacked abruptly. He was of the thought that trophies meant more than finishing in the top 4 and was punished for it.

He went to Zenit and almost won the league in his first 2 months after winning like 7 of their last 8 games. He won it the next year, in his first full season. Made the last 16 of the champions league the year after and won the league cup.

If he returned he would have a much better squad than the mishmash of players in that Tottenham squad, but he has said that he won't return to the EPL so it probably doesn't matter.

plague
31-05-2017, 09:03 PM
Surely Luis Enrique after a lie down and cup of tea is the best replacement if they want to keep playing football.

Most of these other blokes are great rah rah coaches but not sure it's gonna fly with the fans.

Simeone would have been a proper disaster.

Frodo
31-05-2017, 10:11 PM
Surely Luis Enrique after a lie down and cup of tea is the best replacement if they want to keep playing football.

Most of these other blokes are great rah rah coaches but not sure it's gonna fly with the fans.

Simeone would have been a proper disaster.

Personally i'd like to see Joachim Loew have a crack at it. But Luis Enrique has the right attitude for Arsenal. Give him the year off but line him up now, he and Arsene can then transition the team over to him and Wenger can become Director of Football.

StannyCFCJET
31-05-2017, 10:32 PM
Not saying you are incorrect, but the main reason he was sacked at Chelsea was because he wasn't ready for the criticism of the media and the senior players. He admitted it himself and people behind the scenes echoed the same reasons as to why he was sacked. Chelsea have built a Real Madrid like mentality within the playing group, which when it gels is hugely successful but when they have any sort of issue it can turn ugly quickly. Mourinho found that out the 2nd time as well.

Conte is doing so well because he is used to coaching a national football team. You need to be able to take big egos and make them gel quickly in a national team setup.

AVB at Spurs was a totally different story. His first season he came in and finished with Spurs highest points total, as well as the highest points total for a team to miss out on Champions league (Arsenal finished 4th by 1 point) The next year he was given new signings that he didn't agree to and was told that he needed to compete on 3 fronts from the get-go. He won 6 from 6 of his Europa League games but was struggling in the PL and was sacked abruptly. He was of the thought that trophies meant more than finishing in the top 4 and was punished for it.

He went to Zenit and almost won the league in his first 2 months after winning like 7 of their last 8 games. He won it the next year, in his first full season. Made the last 16 of the champions league the year after and won the league cup.

If he returned he would have a much better squad than the mishmash of players in that Tottenham squad, but he has said that he won't return to the EPL so it probably doesn't matter.

Pretty sure he fell out with the spurs players as well

StannyCFCJET
31-05-2017, 10:34 PM
Personally i'd like to see Joachim Loew have a crack at it. But Luis Enrique has the right attitude for Arsenal. Give him the year off but line him up now, he and Arsene can then transition the team over to him and Wenger can become Director of Football.

Would Wenger work with someone else?? Seems pretty against it and he pretty much runs your club

plague
31-05-2017, 11:20 PM
Wenger can become Director of Football.

oh nah i reakon Wenger has to sail off into the sunset.
Aint no big time manager coming in to have that dude sitting over the top of him.

plague
31-05-2017, 11:22 PM
Personally i'd like to see Joachim Loew have a crack at it.

but hell yeah i think Loew would be a great manager for a big club like Arsenal.

PC14
01-06-2017, 09:57 AM
Wenger can become Director of Football.

Correct me if I'm wrong - the whole notion of Arsenal bringing in a Director of Football is to cover one of Arsene's weaknesses (in my opinion), his ability to negotiate transfers. From what I have read, the board are keen to create the role so that the club can stay in negotiations longer and not have Wenger's arrogance in the transfer. Wenger meets with said director and scouts, decide who he wants, and leaves it in the hands of the Director of Football.

Frodo
01-06-2017, 01:41 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong - the whole notion of Arsenal bringing in a Director of Football is to cover one of Arsene's weaknesses (in my opinion), his ability to negotiate transfers. From what I have read, the board are keen to create the role so that the club can stay in negotiations longer and not have Wenger's arrogance in the transfer. Wenger meets with said director and scouts, decide who he wants, and leaves it in the hands of the Director of Football.

Directors of Football can be one of many things depending on what the club needs. At Man City the one they have now is in charge of transfers but previously Marwood was, i think, more involved with the Youth centre and there worldwide brand.

Wenger would be more like a blueprint for youth coaches if he stayed on... But i agree with Plague that big name coaches wouldn't want to have his shadow standing over them.

baldrick
30-06-2017, 08:33 PM
Attenzione Arsenal fans, just reading the latest news about the upcoming Sydney visit.

Be prepared; there is also an AFL game at Homebush on the Saturday night - and it's the two Sydney teams playing...

hawk
01-07-2017, 12:07 AM
Be prepared; there is also an AFL game at Homebush on the Saturday night - and it's the two Sydney teams playing...

A better game as well

StannyCFCJET
06-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Lacazette what a signing, Maybe Wenger still has some tricks up his sleeve after all

Frodo
12-08-2017, 11:01 PM
Good to know we can attack well. Would've been nice if we had one of our 4 senior centre backs available but I'll take 3 points for the opening fixture of a premier league season.

StannyCFCJET
20-08-2017, 06:48 PM
Never change Arsenal.

lquiquer
28-08-2017, 04:05 AM
Humilié

Can Wenger survive ?

Bon
28-08-2017, 10:42 AM
Hi Frodo............ :thumbsup:

MonkeyKplunk
28-08-2017, 11:32 AM
http://news.arseblog.com/2017/08/thierry-henry-somethings-wrong-at-arsenal/

"Thierry Henry didn’t hold back in his criticism of Arsenal after their 4-0 defeat at Anfield on Sunday, saying he wanted to get up and leave rather than watch the humiliation continue.

He also said the performance against Liverpool is why players like Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil are not willing to sign new deals.

Speaking on Sky Sports after the game, the club’s record goalscorer said, “It was unwatchable, at one point I wanted to leave. I don’t relate to the team and I don’t think a lot of the fans do."

Agreed.

Frodo
28-08-2017, 12:41 PM
Hi Frodo............ :thumbsup:

I love football.:thumbsup:

cobra23
28-08-2017, 02:19 PM
I love football.:thumbsup:

scary thing for arsenal is it coud have easly hit double figures

plague
28-08-2017, 03:02 PM
The best thing I've read all day is that Arse gonna pay the buy out on Asensio which will be both hilarious and fabulous all at once.

StannyCFCJET
28-08-2017, 03:05 PM
The best thing I've read all day is that Arse gonna pay the buy out on Asensio which will be both hilarious and fabulous all at once.

And then play him out of position

plague
28-08-2017, 03:13 PM
And then play him out of position

Nah get him on the bench. Triple change with the new Frenchy and the useless Frenchy when they down 3 with 10 to go.

Macca
28-08-2017, 03:26 PM
I thought they'd just slander him for not clearing shots off the line and doing enough sweating.

StannyCFCJET
28-08-2017, 03:27 PM
Nah get him on the bench. Triple change with the new Frenchy and the useless Frenchy when they down 3 with 10 to go.

Giroud isn't useless Arsenal just don't play to his strengths when he's on the pitch. Gotta cross to giroud's head when he plays yet they try and balls in behind for him

Frodo
28-08-2017, 09:48 PM

That's made up by his agent to get a new contract. Can't see him leaving Los Blancos given the fact that he currently getting some game time and scoring every other week.

Oxlade will probably go. Not good enough to allow to leave for free.
Gibbs is going to Watford.
Debuchy might actually be heading back to France this window.
Mustafi supposedy heading to Inter.

Add to that list Walcott, Perez, Elneny, Chambers and Ospina who should probably all leave if they want game time.

If Wenger actually wants to be here he will have to move at least 3 out before the end of the window.

I only want to see us buy Goretzka from Shalke.

Frodo
28-08-2017, 09:51 PM
Giroud is useless Arsenal just don't play to his strengths when he's on the pitch. Gotta cross to giroud's head when he plays yet they try and balls in behind for him

You said he was useless and then blamed it on his service?

Giroud is a great striker, his record proves it. Plus he is good enough looking to start in any team in the world

Everyone thinks our problem is an inability to finish.

Our real problem is the deterioration of our football identity over the last 5 years.

StannyCFCJET
28-08-2017, 10:32 PM
You said he was useless and then blamed it on his service?

Giroud is a great striker, his record proves it. Plus he is good enough looking to start in any team in the world

Everyone thinks our problem is an inability to finish.

Our real problem is the deterioration of our football identity over the last 5 years.

I meant Isnt Usless (typo.) And your problem has and always will be Wenger's arrogrance and lack of discipline/accountability instilled in his players. You watch next game Xhaka and Ramsey will remain the two mids. Bellerin will remain at LWB and Monreal will we remain at CB. Wenger believes in his way of doing things and wont change for any person/team. Even heard stories of ex players being refused coaching gigs at the club because Wenger doesnt want any of his power taken away.

plague
29-08-2017, 12:18 AM
That's made up by his agent to get a new contract. Can't see him leaving Los Blancos given the fact that he currently getting some game time and scoring every other week.

oh i agree he aint going anywhere.
he is the real deal and the heir apparent to Ronaldo.
i just love that someone, somewhere truly believes, 'oh yeah Arsenal just gonna come get him'.

MonkeyKplunk
29-08-2017, 12:19 PM
Ox off to Chelsea this morning.

Frodo
30-08-2017, 09:22 AM

40 million pounds is good value for a player who wants to leave and has 1 year left on his contract.

50 million for Sanchez who is in the same situation but has the power to ruin the entire dressing room is also good value.

Add 7 million for Gibbs.

I think it was about 8.5 million for Perez.

That's a good clean out. Just need to replace Sanzhez in order to keep the fans happy. Not sure if anyone is available that would soften the blow unfortunately. Maybe Draxler or Max meyer or Joel Campbell???:rof:

What's the go with Johnny Evans being a target for Arsenal/Citeh/Leicester? Where did that come from?

Jeterpool
30-08-2017, 09:35 AM
I watched the Liverpool v Arsenal game last night and Arsenal were very abject.

Hard to watch, I'd imagine, as an Arsenal fan. Your midfield had zero bite. Zero mongrel. They'll need to do some serious business in the next few days.

StannyCFCJET
30-08-2017, 12:39 PM

Ox has turned down Chelsea wants to play CM not wingback so he will go to Liverpool or stay at Arsenal

StannyCFCJET
30-08-2017, 12:40 PM
40 million pounds is good value for a player who wants to leave and has 1 year left on his contract.

50 million for Sanchez who is in the same situation but has the power to ruin the entire dressing room is also good value.

Add 7 million for Gibbs.

I think it was about 8.5 million for Perez.

That's a good clean out. Just need to replace Sanzhez in order to keep the fans happy. Not sure if anyone is available that would soften the blow unfortunately. Maybe Draxler or Max meyer or Joel Campbell???:rof:

What's the go with Johnny Evans being a target for Arsenal/Citeh/Leicester? Where did that come from?

Gibbs is staying as well, Wont reduce his wage to sign for another club

PC14
30-08-2017, 01:18 PM
Gibbs is staying as well, Wont reduce his wage to sign for another club

Isn;t off to West Brom for a medical? 7 million pound deal.

We'll pick up just under 5 mil pound if Mustafi is loaned to Inter, with purchase clause of 22 million should they choose or he play in more then 50% of their games.

StannyCFCJET
30-08-2017, 01:28 PM
Isn;t off to West Brom for a medical? 7 million pound deal.

We'll pick up just under 5 mil pound if Mustafi is loaned to Inter, with purchase clause of 22 million should they choose or he play in more then 50% of their games.

If they agree to keep his current salary or Arsenal subsidise it Ive heard

Frodo
30-08-2017, 04:23 PM
If they agree to keep his current salary or Arsenal subsidise it Ive heard

Gibbs is off. They came to an agreement over his wages, not sure what that agreement was.

Oxlade will go to Chelsea if they offer him the same wages and butter him up or stay and play wingback for us. Liverpool won't match that figure, or even go close.

I read that the Mustafi deal was reliant on us getting Van Dyjk first. His agent has been to Arsenal to see if we will pay 60+ for him. Not sure how i feel about that price.

More reports of us offering PSG cash for Draxler coming through as well. Could be an exciting end of the window after all. Hopefully more out than in.

StannyCFCJET
30-08-2017, 04:40 PM
Gibbs is off. They came to an agreement over his wages, not sure what that agreement was.

Oxlade will go to Chelsea if they offer him the same wages and butter him up or stay and play wingback for us. Liverpool won't match that figure, or even go close.

I read that the Mustafi deal was reliant on us getting Van Dyjk first. His agent has been to Arsenal to see if we will pay 60+ for him. Not sure how i feel about that price.

More reports of us offering PSG cash for Draxler coming through as well. Could be an exciting end of the window after all. Hopefully more out than in.

Nah Oxlade is over, He wants to play Cm and Conte wants him out wide and wingback

Macca
30-08-2017, 04:47 PM
Is Oxlade-Chamberlain even any good? Admittedly I haven't seen a heap of him but never struck me as anything special. And definitely not as a CM.. Reminds me of Antonio Valencia, probably would go decently in that fullback / wingback role. But if he wants to play his preferred position, I guess he may have to live with taking a pretty big pay cut. Would he start in the middle for any prem team at the moment?

StannyCFCJET
30-08-2017, 04:50 PM
Is Oxlade-Chamberlain even any good? Admittedly I haven't seen a heap of him but never struck me as anything special. And definitely not as a CM.. Reminds me of Antonio Valencia, probably would go decently in that fullback / wingback role. But if he wants to play his preferred position, I guess he may have to live with taking a pretty big pay cut. Would he start in the middle for any prem team at the moment?

He's played out wide all his career as far as Im aware so its weird he now wants to play CM

Frodo
30-08-2017, 06:56 PM

He is strong, very fast and a very good dribbler of the ball. He can shoot pretty well from distance but lacks composure in front of goal when under pressure. He has the attributes of a solid wide forward but struggles to score and hasn't shown that he is a superb crosser either. (Not that anyone from arsenal has been for the last 5 yrs.)

He has played well in CM before but only because he has the legs to be everywhere and isn't small enough to be pushed around. He has to be in a midfield 3 or 4 tho, because he can't sit well enough and hold position. He defends well in transition as he can read runs from deep pretty well. But he isn't intelligent enough to defend when we are being moved around the park by a stronger team.

His main weaknesses are his short passing and decision making skills. He is just too untidy to play for a top 4 team in the middle of the park.

Frodo
30-08-2017, 07:45 PM
I know its not true, but this is actually a good deal for both parties. Van Dijk for Walcott swap.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/847437/Arsenal-transfer-news-Virgil-van-Dijk-Theo-Walcott-swap-deal

Loan Chambers back to them at the same time. Saints lose a player who wants out and gain two players they need for cheap. Arsenal get one up on their rivals and would sell Mustafi to cover a large portion of the transfer.

Frodo
31-08-2017, 03:40 PM
Liverpool won't match that figure, or even go close.

Well now, got that one wrong. 35 million is good for us and Liverpool got him on 125k a week. He turned down 180k from us and supposedly 220k from Chelski just to get a shot at CM.

StannyCFCJET
31-08-2017, 04:28 PM
Well now, got that one wrong. 35 million is good for us and Liverpool got him on 125k a week. He turned down 180k from us and supposedly 220k from Chelski just to get a shot at CM.

We also offered him less then Arsenal's offer. Hazard is on 200k a week and is our highest earner. No way the ox was getting more then that

Tommyjet
31-08-2017, 05:05 PM
Good luck to liverpool. He did sweet f&€k all to earn that price tag

plague
31-08-2017, 05:26 PM
35 million is good for us

Only 15m short for another bench player.

Frodo
31-08-2017, 09:22 PM
I reckon we will sell 2 more. Not sure who exactly but my guess is 2 more.

I'm ok with Sanchez leaving but if we sell him to City than Wenger will suffer badly from the fans. He is already hanging on by a thread, selling to City will ruin him.

hawk
31-08-2017, 10:25 PM
He is strong, very fast and a very good dribbler of the ball. He can shoot pretty well from distance but lacks composure in front of goal when under pressure. He has the attributes of a solid wide forward but struggles to score and hasn't shown that he is a superb crosser either. (Not that anyone from arsenal has been for the last 5 yrs.)

He has played well in CM before but only because he has the legs to be everywhere and isn't small enough to be pushed around. He has to be in a midfield 3 or 4 tho, because he can't sit well enough and hold position. He defends well in transition as he can read runs from deep pretty well. But he isn't intelligent enough to defend when we are being moved around the park by a stronger team.

His main weaknesses are his short passing and decision making skills. He is just too untidy to play for a top 4 team in the middle of the park.

well ibf. talk about a decent concise summation. Ill ask you next time

goaliepersempre
01-09-2017, 06:07 PM
New Tuesday Club podcast is up....

oh and on youtube there is a 40 minute rant podcast from El Presidente...

furns
04-09-2017, 04:08 PM
New Tuesday Club podcast is up....

oh and on youtube there is a 40 minute rant podcast from El Presidente...170mb download? Use some compression you bastards.

pv4
19-09-2017, 06:28 AM
What a relief that Chelsea had Morata instead of Diego Costa. We would have struggled big time with Costa, but dealt with Morata fairly easily.

Frodo
19-09-2017, 11:47 AM
What a relief that Chelsea had Morata instead of Diego Costa. We would have struggled big time with Costa, but dealt with Morata fairly easily.

I think we showed last time he played that we can nullify him as well, but very thankful he didn't play.

Seemed like a very pragmatic game from Wenger.

StannyCFCJET
19-09-2017, 11:53 AM
I think we showed last time he played that we can nullify him as well, but very thankful he didn't play.

Seemed like a very pragmatic game from Wenger.

What you saw was the Minimal you expect from your team in a tough away game. Shame its taken close to 10 years to finally see it.

MFKS
19-09-2017, 04:51 PM
What you saw was the Minimal you expect from your team in a tough away game. Shame its taken close to 10 years to finally see it.

Don't know what you crowing about

The worse Arsenal get overall under Wenger the less likely Chelsea are at beating them

Charity Shield Cup Final League

You're their bitch at the moment

StannyCFCJET
19-09-2017, 06:41 PM
Don't know what you crowing about

The worse Arsenal get overall under Wenger the less likely Chelsea are at beating them

Charity Shield Cup Final League

You're their bitch at the moment

Rather be their bitch and English Champions then the opposite.

MFKS
19-09-2017, 09:10 PM
Rather be their bitch and English Champions then the opposite.

What about this time next year when one of the Manchester clubs is the EPL Champion and you are still Arsenal's bitch??

StannyCFCJET
19-09-2017, 09:14 PM
What about this time next year when one of the Manchester clubs is the EPL Champion and you are still Arsenal's bitch??

Your awfully confident that one of the Manchester clubs will win it this season. This is just like last year. They started strong and we were a little up and down. Once we hit out straps lets see if they can keep it going.

MFKS
19-09-2017, 09:40 PM
Your awfully confident that one of the Manchester clubs will win it this season. This is just like last year. They started strong and we were a little up and down. Once we hit out straps lets see if they can keep it going.

I was confident before last season finished that one of the Manchester teams would be winning it this season

5 games into it I am yet to have any doubts that this will not come to fruition

I ain't got any belief in your side even being a serious contender really

You got out of it easy last season with no UCL or Europa League football. This year you don't have the opportunity to bludge midweek

StannyCFCJET
19-09-2017, 10:21 PM
I was confident before last season finished that one of the Manchester teams would be winning it this season

5 games into it I am yet to have any doubts that this will not come to fruition

I ain't got any belief in your side even being a serious contender really

You got out of it easy last season with no UCL or Europa League football. This year you don't have the opportunity to bludge midweek

Weve won the league with UCL football before and can do it again. We've also got the best player (Hazard) and best CM (Kante). Ill wait till we play both Manchester clubs to see whats what

Macca
20-09-2017, 09:31 AM
I won't touch the Hazard claim because that's probably close to the mark although there'd be a few contenders. But calling Kante the best CM is a stretch I reckon. Not least because its such a broad position, and the amount of different qualities someone can possess to be good there combined with how dependent on what else is around the player. He has some good qualities no doubt, and in what he does he is among the best in the league. But he also has a lot of things he does not excel in or is plain average.

As for title race, City looked invincible two months in to last season before it came crumbling down. However if they keep it together they will be very hard to stop. I can see them dropping points to big teams that are happy to cede possession but they should mop up the bottom 3/4 of the table.

United look pretty good, improved first team from last season and more depth. Still hints of some draws that might creep in again I reckon.

I think Chelsea's last season was a one off, they could be there or thereabouts but having the run they did and using only 13 players or so for however many months; won't happen again.

Could be Spurs season perhaps. Liverpool look good in attack again but probably will drop too many easy points.

Shaping up to be a good season anyway and I think the quality of teams at the top end of the table is improving again, perhaps in the next 2 - 3 years we will see English teams going deeper in Europe once more.

Frodo
20-09-2017, 09:44 AM
I won't touch the Hazard claim because that's probably close to the mark although there'd be a few contenders. But calling Kante the best CM is a stretch I reckon. Not least because its such a broad position, and the amount of different qualities someone can possess to be good there combined with how dependent on what else is around the player. He has some good qualities no doubt, and in what he does he is among the best in the league. But he also has a lot of things he does not excel in or is plain average.

Great point Macca. You can be the best midfielder in one formation but struggle in another, even the opponents formation can ruin great midfielders. Kante is an amazing player but our game plan last week made him look above average for once and just to put things in perspective Ramsey looked like the best midfielder on the park and we wouldn't even call him our best midfield player normally. Funny game football.

Also, Member if one of those Manchester teams doesn't win the league it would be unbelievable. They have the deepest squads, the highest profile coaches, highest spending boards and unless they prioritise the Champions league one of them should win it, I agree. Also, if Pep finishes without a trophy again it would be hilarious/terrible.

Macca
20-09-2017, 09:54 AM
A good example is N'Zonzi. I read an article on him a few months ago. Went from playing at Stoke playing with hardly any possession and probably spent most of the time scrapping for the ball, and as a result was not a superstar by any stretch.

Gets bought by Sevilla and brought into a possession based team controlling the game from the back and all of a sudden he's hot property and one of the best midfielders in the (Spanish, so no mean feat) league.

plague
20-09-2017, 10:07 AM
Could be Spurs season perhaps.

They've dropped more points at home in first 3 games than they did the whole of last season.

Spurs ain't winning shit.

Besides, I've got Arsenal to finish top 4 and there's only really one spot left so Spurs and Liverpool can go eat a bag so I can collect.

MFKS
20-09-2017, 10:47 AM
Weve won the league with UCL football before and can do it again. We've also got the best player (Hazard) and best CM (Kante). Ill wait till we play both Manchester clubs to see whats what

I will touch it

Hazard is nothing more than a flat track bully

Good player
But will never be a great player

Does **** all for his NT when it matters and does **** all in the UCL

Kante is nothing more than a freak of an athlete. It his athletic ability that makes him good
It ain't his skills with the ball

I hoping Pep actually delivers mainly because it be great to see a shift back to two strikers not this one up front shit that has afflicted the game

Macca
20-09-2017, 10:56 AM
I will touch it

Hazard is nothing more than a flat track bully

Good player
But will never be a great player

Does **** all for his NT when it matters and does **** all in the UCL

Kante is nothing more than a freak of an athlete. It his athletic ability that makes him good
It ain't his skills with the ball

I hoping Pep actually delivers mainly because it be great to see a shift back to two strikers not this one up front shit that has afflicted the game

Don't necessarily disagree on Hazard but who would you have above him?

Pep played one up front last season and would not surprise me if he played it again this season. I'm glad he's using two at the moment though because it would be criminal to leave Aguero on the bench every week.

MFKS
20-09-2017, 11:40 AM
Don't necessarily disagree on Hazard but who would you have above him?

Pep played one up front last season and would not surprise me if he played it again this season. I'm glad he's using two at the moment though because it would be criminal to leave Aguero on the bench every week.

Coutinho Aguero Jesus Silva DeBruyne Lukaku Ibra Ozil Sanchez Ali Kane

Do I need to keep going???

All better than Hazard

baldrick
20-09-2017, 11:44 AM
So yeah, this is the Arsenal thread.

Frodo
20-09-2017, 12:33 PM

There has been a lot of arsenal players mentioned and Hazard has ripped us apart in the past so it's not totally off-topic, lol.

Arsenal are gonna easily win the league and UCL this year tho. Mark my words. Has to be both tho.

Frodo
20-09-2017, 12:38 PM
Also, did anyone else notice on the weekend that as soon as Hazard and Giroud came on they both kept doing little flicks and tricks to get the ball around defenders. It was kind of like a game of HORSE that only those two were playing. Giroud has a silky touch for his size, not to mention the body and face of an Adonis.:thumbsup:

StannyCFCJET
20-09-2017, 01:46 PM
Coutinho Aguero Jesus Silva DeBruyne Lukaku Ibra Ozil Sanchez Ali Kane

Do I need to keep going???

All better than Hazard

Wow and I thought you knew football. Only players there ill give you are Aguero and DeBruyne and Sanchez on being at a similar level. And flat track bully? He has scored against nearly every big team in the league in big games and his goals have led to many wins against them. Flat Track bully is Ozil or Lukaku. Lukaku scores when his team is a few goals up or the other team gives him alot of space and Ozil looks like a superstar when another team doesnt deny him space and sits back doesnt look to pressure teams off the ball

Jeterpool
20-09-2017, 02:10 PM

Makes a change not being the Liverpool thread for once.

plague
20-09-2017, 02:18 PM
Can't believe there is a perfectly legit conversation about Girouds handsomeness going on and some of you plonkers are talking about Hazard and Kante.

Pathetic.

Do you blokes even sockah?

Now, I've got Giroud prob top 5 'wears the shirt well'.

Good looking bloke.

MFKS
20-09-2017, 02:47 PM
Wow and I thought you knew football. Only players there ill give you are Aguero and DeBruyne and Sanchez on being at a similar level. And flat track bully? He has scored against nearly every big team in the league in big games and his goals have led to many wins against them. Flat Track bully is Ozil or Lukaku. Lukaku scores when his team is a few goals up or the other team gives him alot of space and Ozil looks like a superstar when another team doesnt deny him space and sits back doesnt look to pressure teams off the ball

You just for a start totally dissed the legend that is Ibra

The bloke is greater than everyone else on my list for a start

Ozil has won a WC so his legacy is already made

Lukaku scored 1 in 2 for shit EPL sides like Everton and WBA

Give him the best years of his career at a top club which he now at he going to be dining out at a shit better rate than 1 in 2

Jesus is that good Pep has altered his tactical formation to accommodate him and Aguero on the park together

Couthino does the business and carries a side shitter than Chelsea every week he plays

Frodo
20-09-2017, 03:44 PM
You just for a start totally dissed the legend that is Ibra

The bloke is greater than everyone else on my list for a start

Ozil has won a WC so his legacy is already made

Lukaku scored 1 in 2 for shit EPL sides like Everton and WBA

Give him the best years of his career at a top club which he now at he going to be dining out at a shit better rate than 1 in 2

Jesus is that good Pep has altered his tactical formation to accommodate him and Aguero on the park together

Couthino does the business and carries a side shitter than Chelsea every week he plays

Bugger,
I can't really fault these. I don't rate Coutinho that much but he does stand out in a half-decent Liverpool team.

I would also add Kevin DeBruyne to this list. On current form I think he is the best player in the EPL right now. Everytime he passes the ball City almost score. He is the new Bergkamp, can see passes and runs that others can't. Also, given his current assist rate he is also the new Ozil.

Macca
20-09-2017, 04:10 PM
Bugger,
I can't really fault these. I don't rate Coutinho that much but he does stand out in a half-decent Liverpool team.

I would also add Kevin DeBruyne to this list. On current form I think he is the best player in the EPL right now. Everytime he passes the ball City almost score. He is the new Bergkamp, can see passes and runs that others can't. Also, given his current assist rate he is also the new Ozil.

With the contingency that I'd like to see some of these players perform for a bit longer at a high level before grouping them in, some others I like -

Firmino and Mane. Didn't rate Firmino during early last season, not sure if he has improved or just my perception has changed.
David Silva has to be in there I think. Leroy Sane is on the verge for me, he has a lot of potential. Really you could almost chuck in most of City's attackers and midfield. So much talent.
Spurs have some good players. MFKS mentioned Kane and Alli but I think Eriksen is up there with those two as well.
Noone at United is really quite there for me yet. But they have several players that could be come the end of the season. Rashford, Martial, Mkhitaryan.

MFKS
20-09-2017, 07:53 PM
Bugger,

He was on the original list I put down and Stanny accepted his talent straight away

StannyCFCJET
20-09-2017, 08:26 PM
He was on the original list I put down and Stanny accepted his talent straight away

He's the biggest Jose made when Chelsea manager for the second time

MFKS
20-09-2017, 08:47 PM
He's the biggest Jose made when Chelsea manager for the second time

Lukaku could well trump him if he delivers the expected goals in the future

It just cost Man U 75 million to get a player he refused to use at Chelsea

StannyCFCJET
20-09-2017, 08:53 PM
Lukaku could well trump him if he delivers the expected goals in the future

It just cost Man U 75 million to get a player he refused to use at Chelsea

Nah we always had good strikers but a class AM is what weve lacked

MFKS
20-09-2017, 09:11 PM
Nah we always had good strikers but a class AM is what weve lacked

You have Victor Moses FFS

Good strikers FMD

StannyCFCJET
20-09-2017, 09:21 PM
You have Victor Moses FFS

Good strikers FMD

Yeah Moses is great but was never a striker

plague
26-09-2017, 03:52 PM
Carn the Arsenals

baldrick
08-01-2018, 08:15 AM
:facepalm:

De-Champ
08-01-2018, 11:36 AM
Good to see one of the lesser lights going on to the next round

Jeterpool
08-01-2018, 11:40 AM
Good to see one of the lesser lights going on to the next round

But Arsenal lost...:brrr:

De-Champ
08-01-2018, 01:04 PM

ha ha ha

baldrick
08-01-2018, 01:37 PM
Well played sir

Jetmaster
08-01-2018, 03:38 PM
Get ready for VAR burn.

Commentators today said if this was the VAR (being trialed in the other Cup), the second penalty would have been retaken.

Overall view elsewhere is that the video was inconclusive - it wasn't an obvious error.

goaliepersempre
08-01-2018, 06:36 PM
Get ready for VAR burn.

Commentators today said if this was the VAR (being trialed in the other Cup), the second penalty would have been retaken.

Overall view elsewhere is that the video was inconclusive - it wasn't an obvious error.

Look at how the bloody ball moved....

But yeah pretty horrible result. Resting players for wednesdays game against chelsea?

Wheels def falling off..

StannyCFCJET
08-01-2018, 07:45 PM
Is anyone actually surprised at a result like this from Arsenal??? Everyone knew what they were getting when Wenger got the new contract and no where near enough fans joined the protests against him. Sooner Arsenal fans except their now at best top 6 side and have no right to challenge for silverware and winning the NLD is the best hope for a season the easier there lives will be

plague
08-01-2018, 11:20 PM
Yeah and 2 of their best players seemingly want out so good luck getting any good players.

man Wenger seems to have lost the magic, which is a shame because only fergie rivals him for the biggest influence in EPL history IMO.

PC14
09-01-2018, 09:16 AM
Is anyone actually surprised at a result like this from Arsenal??? Everyone knew what they were getting when Wenger got the new contract and no where near enough fans joined the protests against him. Sooner Arsenal fans except their now at best top 6 side and have no right to challenge for silverware and winning the NLD is the best hope for a season the easier there lives will be

The answer to your question is no.

A couple of points on Wenger, his new contract and future. 1) No amount of fan noise would have convinced the board to move on from Wenger as manager. The main issue, from what I can see, is the majority owner and his shared beliefs with Wenger. Both are on the same page. 2) There is already a chair on the board for Wenger when he decides he has had enough. There is no pushing him out of his position and there is no pushing him out of this club. He will continue, post management, to have his stamp on this club and I don't see too much changing.

Maybe a new manager can put his stamp on the players. A new frame of mind or a bit of grit. However, I do not see transfer policy changing nor running profitably not being the highest priority for the club.

Arsenal's issue is bigger then a manager problem.

StannyCFCJET
09-01-2018, 12:19 PM
The answer to your question is no.

A couple of points on Wenger, his new contract and future. 1) No amount of fan noise would have convinced the board to move on from Wenger as manager. The main issue, from what I can see, is the majority owner and his shared beliefs with Wenger. Both are on the same page. 2) There is already a chair on the board for Wenger when he decides he has had enough. There is no pushing him out of his position and there is no pushing him out of this club. He will continue, post management, to have his stamp on this club and I don't see too much changing.

Maybe a new manager can put his stamp on the players. A new frame of mind or a bit of grit. However, I do not see transfer policy changing nor running profitably not being the highest priority for the club.

Arsenal's issue is bigger then a manager problem.

But is a small problem that can be resolved, Get a new manager maybe the board will see what it's like with a Manager who demands more from the players and board and it may change things

PC14
09-01-2018, 12:30 PM
But is a small problem that can be resolved, Get a new manager maybe the board will see what it's like with a Manager who demands more from the players and board and it may change things

It is only a small problem when the people running the club will not change because a change of management for the team. He moves to the board with his pals, brings in a replacement of his choosing and the puppeteering continues from a different office of influence.

baldrick
09-01-2018, 01:22 PM

I don’t see it as a small problem at all. It’s taken Man U years to start to recover from Fergie retiring.

Pick the wrong response replacement and it could get worse & for much longer

StannyCFCJET
09-01-2018, 01:43 PM
I don’t see it as a small problem at all. It’s taken Man U years to start to recover from Fergie retiring.

Pick the wrong response replacement and it could get worse & for much longer

You but isnt it worth the risk then staying with Wenger? Chelsea sacked their best ever manager Twice and recovered it isnt always gonna be bad

Jeterpool
09-01-2018, 02:00 PM
Chelsea sacked their best ever manager Twice and recovered it isnt always gonna be bad

I felt for Guus when that happened to him.

MFKS
09-01-2018, 02:20 PM
Sacking Di Matteo was also tough

The gratitude when no other Chelsea Manager had won the UCL was low?

StannyCFCJET
09-01-2018, 02:24 PM
Sacking Di Matteo was also tough

The gratitude when no other Chelsea Manager had won the UCL was low?

Yeah but we keep winning things so in the end our board made the right call. Its ok for Liverpool and Arsenal to stick with managers because their boards dont really desire trophies

Jeterpool
09-01-2018, 02:27 PM
Its ok for Liverpool and Arsenal to stick with managers because their boards dont really desire trophies

You say some good things. You say some daft things.

This is a daft thing. You can't say this unless you've sat on the board and heard them say it. My guess, you haven't.

StannyCFCJET
09-01-2018, 02:34 PM
You say some good things. You say some daft things.

This is a daft thing. You can't say this unless you've sat on the board and heard them say it. My guess, you haven't.

The proof is in the pudding. If you spend the Coutinho money on some marquee signings then I may change my mind. Van Djik is ok for a start but nowhere near as good as people think he is.

PC14
09-01-2018, 04:37 PM
You but isnt it worth the risk then staying with Wenger? Chelsea sacked their best ever manager Twice and recovered it isnt always gonna be bad

My whole point is - When Wenger isn't manager, he moves to the board. He also chooses his replacement. There is no major changes. The club maintains board and the boards priority (profit), leading to nothing really changing.

Big picture - The club, and the way it is run, is a bigger problem then the manager and how the team is run.

You point about Chelsea sacking managers - The difference between the clubs (not teams) is the money that is allowed to be spent by the manager. In Arsenal's case, the manager is of the same belief as the owner and the majority of the board.

De-Champ
09-01-2018, 06:56 PM
My whole point is - When Wenger isn't manager, he moves to the board. He also chooses his replacement. There is no major changes. The club maintains board and the boards priority (profit), leading to nothing really changing.

Big picture - The club, and the way it is run, is a bigger problem then the manager and how the team is run.

You point about Chelsea sacking managers - The difference between the clubs (not teams) is the money that is allowed to be spent by the manager. In Arsenal's case, the manager is of the same belief as the owner and the majority of the board.

if he does go on the board...would not the replacement be a board decision, not solely Wenger's

redwah
10-01-2018, 09:18 PM
The proof is in the pudding. If you spend the Coutinho money on some marquee signings then I may change my mind. Van Djik is ok for a start but nowhere near as good as people think he is.

You mean like the Chelsea board and manager who wanted to buy him.....hmmmmm....I guess being a Chelsea fan football only got invented 15 years ago

StannyCFCJET
10-01-2018, 09:26 PM
You mean like the Chelsea board and manager who wanted to buy him.....hmmmmm....I guess being a Chelsea fan football only got invented 15 years ago

We never wanted Van Djik. Centrebacks was the last thing we needed after buying Rudiger and having Christensen back from loan

redwah
11-01-2018, 10:42 PM
We never wanted Van Djik. Centrebacks was the last thing we needed after buying Rudiger and having Christensen back from loan

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/chelsea-wanted-to-sign-virgil-van-dijk-admits-antonio-conte/73djqsgiyxr91bn79xbxs9osz

redwah
11-01-2018, 10:42 PM

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/chelsea-wanted-to-sign-virgil-van-dijk-admits-antonio-conte/73djqsgiyxr91bn79xbxs9osz

MFKS
12-01-2018, 09:49 AM
Her after Stanny having a thousand pops at Arsenal not being able to win trophies seems to have forgot the Cup Final last season

LOL

Be keeping a close eye on the League Cup Semi final 2nd leg

Arsenal being in the box seat at home and scores level and with a show of knocking Chelsea out

redwah
12-01-2018, 11:52 AM
Her after Stanny having a thousand pops at Arsenal not being able to win trophies seems to have forgot the Cup Final last season

LOL

Arsenal being in the box seat at home and scores level and with a show of knocking Chelsea out

He’s a Chelsea supporter...thinks every player that comes there comes for their rich history and stable coaching regimes......nothing to do with dodgy Russian cash.

StannyCFCJET
12-01-2018, 12:43 PM
He’s a Chelsea supporter...thinks every player that comes there comes for their rich history and stable coaching regimes......nothing to do with dodgy Russian cash.

Nah they come for money and actually being in convention for the PL and UCL and we actually have a very rich and proud history.

MFKS
12-01-2018, 02:42 PM
Nah they come for money and actually being in convention for the PL and UCL and we actually have a very rich and proud history.

Proud history that you bought

25 years ago you were shit

StannyCFCJET
12-01-2018, 02:55 PM
Proud history that you bought

25 years ago you were shit

Yes im triggered because nothing we did before 2003 is considered legit apparently. Not our fault no one but Liverpool, Man U and Arsenal had money to spend. We came in and stopped it being Man U winning it every year and made the prem more competitve

MFKS
12-01-2018, 03:01 PM

Yes im triggered because nothing we did before 2003 is considered legit apparently. Not our fault no one but Liverpool, Man U and Arsenal had money to spend. We came in and stopped it being Man U winning it every year and made the prem more competitve

2003 ??

I not talking about Abramovich

Before that you had Ken Bates and Harding

They also threw the money around

Before the EPL started Chelsea were a nothing top flight second division club

Won a cup and a league but had really done **** all

Cash got you to where you are

Go have a look at the line ups Chelsea had when the EPL started . Some rank and file shit **** players

Cash changed this

Just like Man City cash got them to where they are

StannyCFCJET
12-01-2018, 03:06 PM
2003 ??

I not talking about Abramovich

Before that you had Ken Bates and Harding

They also threw the money around

Before the EPL started Chelsea were a nothing top flight second division club

Won a cup and a league but had really done **** all

Cash got you to where you are

Go have a look at the line ups Chelsea had when the EPL started . Some rank and file shit **** players

Cash changed this

Just like Man City cash got them to where they are

We were the 1st English side to win a European cup and held the highest attendance in English football for a single game for a long time to name but a few records. Weve always been a decent side but now where one of the best in the world and long may it continue

MFKS
12-01-2018, 03:11 PM
We were the 1st English side to win a European cup and held the highest attendance in English football for a single game for a long time to name but a few records. Weve always been a decent side but now where one of the best in the world and long may it continue

European Cup ??

What shit you smoking ??

Man Utd X 3
Liverpool X 5
Villa X 1
Forest X 2

All have won it before you had

So considering that you were the 12th side to win it you are taking the piss

StannyCFCJET
12-01-2018, 03:17 PM
European Cup ??

What shit you smoking ??

Man Utd X 3
Liverpool X 5
Villa X 1
Forest X 2

All have won it before you had

So considering that you were the 12th side to win it you are taking the piss

Wrong we won the cup winners cup in the 1970/71 season ergo first English club to win a European cup. Maybe look at some facts before rambling to make a point Member

MFKS
12-01-2018, 03:46 PM
Wrong we won the cup winners cup in the 1970/71 season ergo first English club to win a European cup. Maybe look at some facts before rambling to make a point Member

So as for looking at facts about European Cups seeing as you want to expand the criteria to now include the shit **** comps

Man U winning the European Cup v Benfica at Wembley in 1968 was obviously after 1970/71 season in your eyes??

Another clueless plastic fan who thinks the league started in 2003

StannyCFCJET
12-01-2018, 04:07 PM
So as for looking at facts about European Cups seeing as you want to expand the criteria to now include the shit **** comps

Man U winning the European Cup v Benfica at Wembley in 1968 was obviously after 1970/71 season in your eyes??

Your the only one talking like the league started in 2003 and I didnt look into other clubs besides liverpool for European success

MFKS
12-01-2018, 04:19 PM
Your the only one talking like the league started in 2003 and I didnt look into other clubs besides liverpool for European success

I don't think I the one talking about the league starting in 2003

Chelsea were around a long time before Abramovich and along time before Bates and Harding started throwing money at them

Back in those days Chelsea were shit

Make no mistake about it

Just like all these Man City fans nowadays who have NFI what they were like 15-20 years ago playing in the 3rd tier

#MoneyTalks

It also you bringing up the European Cup thing

Which you clearly wrong about

The fact you only checked on Liverpool shows you only a new dawn plastic EPL fan anyway

hawk
13-01-2018, 01:55 PM

where's that convention?

baldrick
13-01-2018, 02:36 PM
where's that convention?

Wembley?

Jeterpool
13-01-2018, 10:27 PM

The internet is the best :rof:

Frodo
22-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Is this still an Arsenal thread? Asking for a friend.

Bon
22-01-2018, 02:02 PM
Is this still an Arsenal thread? Asking for a friend.

I thought there would be some sort of Sanchez/Mkhitaryan chatter going on in here atm..

Btw, welcome back into the country, Mr Baggins..

Jeterpool
22-01-2018, 02:33 PM
Agree.

How do Arsenal fans feel about the swap deal? Is Mkhitaryan what you feel is needed in the team?

Frodo
22-01-2018, 03:48 PM
Agree.

How do Arsenal fans feel about the swap deal? Is Mkhitaryan what you feel is needed in the team?

Sanchez needed to go. Amazing talent but wasn't helping the team dynamic. If we get Mkhi and Auba then we would have strengthened our forward line.

The talk of the Giroud sale is more worrying. Not sure what i'll do without him.

Bon
22-01-2018, 03:50 PM
The talk of the Giroud sale is more worrying. Not sure what i'll do without him.

Who is second on the "football fapping" list?

Frodo
22-01-2018, 04:09 PM
Who is second on the "football fapping" list?

There's no 2nd place on that list. He is an Adonis, haha.

StannyCFCJET
22-01-2018, 04:19 PM
Sanchez needed to go. Amazing talent but wasn't helping the team dynamic. If we get Mkhi and Auba then we would have strengthened our forward line.

You still arnt signing defenders or a goal keeper though which I feel you need more.

Bon
22-01-2018, 04:26 PM
You still arnt signing defenders or a goal keeper though which I feel you need more.

Pretty sure you can copy and paste that for the Liverpool thread..

StannyCFCJET
22-01-2018, 04:28 PM
Pretty sure you can copy and paste that for the Liverpool thread..

They signed Van Djik so at least theve started to improve

Bon
22-01-2018, 04:33 PM
They signed Van Djik so at least theve started to improve

Yeah, you are correct.. I'll fix what you said then:

You still arnt signing MORE defenders or a goal keeper though which I feel you need more.

StannyCFCJET
22-01-2018, 04:45 PM
Yeah, you are correct.. I'll fix what you said then:

Oh yeah they signed some young greek CB I think

Frodo
22-01-2018, 06:10 PM
Oh yeah they signed some young greek CB I think

Kos
Mustafi
Holding
Chambers
Mertesacker
Mavropanos (youth)
Bielek (youth)

Monreal is very effective LCB in a back three.

I think we have plenty of depth at CB.

We need to defend better as a team (especially in transition)... and probably drop Cech at the end of the year.

StannyCFCJET
22-01-2018, 06:13 PM
Kos
Mustafi
Holding
Chambers
Mertesacker
Mavropanos (youth)
Bielek (youth)

Monreal is very effective LCB in a back three.

I think we have plenty of depth at CB.

We need to defend better as a team (especially in transition)... and probably drop Cech at the end of the year.

Mustafi looks to me like he doesnt want to be there at times. Kos is overrated by alot. Mertresacker retiring, Chambers Holding young. I agree on Cech hasnt been the same WC goalie the last few years

Frodo
22-01-2018, 06:17 PM
Mustafi looks to me like he doesnt want to be there at times. Kos is overrated by alot. Mertresacker retiring, Chambers Holding young. I agree on Cech hasnt been the same WC goalie the last few years

Stanny says the darndest things, Ep 65

Frodo
22-01-2018, 06:28 PM
On paper I don't think any of the top 6 has significantly better CBs than the rest. They all have strengths and weaknesses. Our problems have been coming from midfield or from not winning 2nd balls. City have such a good defense because their opposition doesn't have enough time with the ball to score against them, but I wouldn't say their defenders are world class. United play with 10 defenders so it's hard to critique their CBs. Liverpool defenders are in awe of what their forwards are doing to teams and get caught napping. Chelsea have been relatively tight at the back but can't score goals, their defenders have to help out in attack and get caught out sometimes. Tottenham can't get their best 4 out on the park and have an unbalanced midfield and give constantly foul too much.

StannyCFCJET
22-01-2018, 07:15 PM
Stanny says the darndest things, Ep 65

None of the clubs above you in the league would buy Kos nor would he get in their teams as a starter. A world class defender or someone as good as you lot think Kos is lifts the team ten fold and earns you points with their defending but you look no better defensively when he is or out of the team

StannyCFCJET
22-01-2018, 09:05 PM
On a side note your new LB Kolasinac?? is class, Why isnt he getting much gametime atm?

plague
22-01-2018, 10:44 PM
City have such a good defense because their opposition doesn't have enough time with the ball to score against them, but I wouldn't say their defenders are world class.

this.

Liverpool showed the blueprint on how to 'compete' and some times win against City. You need a fit fast front 3 that close the ball down and are willing to attack as soon as they get the ball. The dont win the ball back everytime and recycle like Peps Barca teams, but the Liverpool blokes created enough kaos at the front half of the pitch to make City look ordinary.

FFS they have John Stones back there hes almost slow enough to play for Chelsea.

Chelsea/Spurs/United with relatively stagnant traditional centre forwards dont match up well with City. A full strength Arsenal probably would.............right up until Sanchez left.

Its interesting hearing the Sanchez comments about his attitude. The dude from Dortmund youre trying to bring in is every bit the same diva isnt he?

Frodo
23-01-2018, 10:40 AM
Its interesting hearing the Sanchez comments about his attitude. The dude from Dortmund youre trying to bring in is every bit the same diva isnt he?

Different sort of Diva. He didn't like Mourinho's tactics (same as martial, mata, shaw, etc) however he didn't stay long enough to give in and play Mou's way. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

My main concern with him is his passing accuracy. He isn't as bad as Sanchez but he does lose the ball too often for my liking.

Frodo
23-01-2018, 10:44 AM
Chelsea/Spurs/United with relatively stagnant traditional centre forwards dont match up well with City. A full strength Arsenal probably would.............right up until Sanchez left.

If we replace Sanchez with Aubumeyang I will be comfortable up top against big teams like City.

Aubameyang - Lacazette - Ozil as front 3 would cause havoc with any defence if given space to make runs.

Macca
23-01-2018, 10:47 AM
Different sort of Diva. He didn't like Mourinho's tactics (same as martial, mata, shaw, etc) however he didn't stay long enough to give in and play Mou's way. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

My main concern with him is his passing accuracy. He isn't as bad as Sanchez but he does lose the ball too often for my liking.

I was so confused reading that for a minute.
I think Plague was talking about Aubameyang (although Mkhitaryan also used to play for Dortmund)

plague
23-01-2018, 11:07 AM
I was so confused reading that for a minute.
I think Plague was talking about Aubameyang

Yeah I was.
But both their names had too many letters so they became ‘that dude’.

Heard he’s had more than a few sulks over trivial shit.

Frodo
23-01-2018, 11:46 AM
Yeah I was.
But both their names had too many letters so they became ‘that dude’.

Heard he’s had more than a few sulks over trivial shit.

Ops:

Auba is an odd one. He was pissed at Dortmund for not selling him to Real that one time they wanted him, then they tried to sell him to china. So either he is coming here because he doesn't like the board or he wants to use us to earn a move to Real Madrid. As long as we get 30 goals next year from him and we qualify for CL this year with a Europa League win I don't mind if he goes to Real in 18 months.

MFKS
25-01-2018, 02:28 PM

LOL

Hey Stanny

How shit are Arsenal again ??

They may not win the league but you are their BITCH

Frodo
25-01-2018, 03:03 PM
Hey Stanny

How shit are Arsenal again ??

They may not win the league but you are their BITCH

Conte is 1 from 8 against Arsene Wenger as Chelsea manager.

I'm not going to say either side deserved to win this tie...but Arsenal did so everyone else can can suck it.

Actually not feeling too bad about facing City at Wembley. I'm seeing that game ending 4-3 to someone tho.

StannyCFCJET
25-01-2018, 03:36 PM
Conte is 1 from 8 against Arsene Wenger as Chelsea manager.

I'm not going to say either side deserved to win this tie...but Arsenal did so everyone else can can suck it.

Actually not feeling too bad about facing City at Wembley. I'm seeing that game ending 4-3 to someone tho.

You were the better side no question and we have big problems atm and Conte is getting sacked or leaving before seasons IMO. End of the day were still the current champions and I know which place I'd rather be in

MFKS
25-01-2018, 03:42 PM
You were the better side no question and we have big problems atm and Conte is getting sacked or leaving before seasons IMO. End of the day were still the current champions and I know which place I'd rather be in

Arsenal's being they in the final ??

StannyCFCJET
25-01-2018, 04:30 PM
Arsenal's being they in the final ??

Hmm English Premier League Champions or Arsenal where a league cup can be the highlight of several seasons touch choice

baldrick
25-01-2018, 06:08 PM
Hypothetically, if we (Arsenal) win both the League Cup and the Europa Cup - do we consider that a successful season ?

goaliepersempre
25-01-2018, 08:45 PM
Hypothetically, if we (Arsenal) win both the League Cup and the Europa Cup - do we consider that a successful season ?

Yes

MFKS
25-01-2018, 09:10 PM
Hmm English Premier League Champions or Arsenal where a league cup can be the highlight of several seasons touch choice

I would have thought them winning the Cup Final last season would have been their recent highlight

Who they beat again??

Thought it was the league champions or somethinging like that

goaliepersempre
25-01-2018, 09:24 PM

Not worth the effort

Frodo
28-01-2018, 04:14 PM

If we win the Europa League I will be happy. To last that long in a knockout competition and win the final would be huge for a lot of players heading into the world cup. Add in a decent world cup from the a few players and we would have a big boost in the strength of our squad mentality.

plague
31-01-2018, 01:32 PM
Has Giroud legit gone to Chelsea?

StannyCFCJET
31-01-2018, 04:15 PM
How did we lose to your team FFS

Frodo
31-01-2018, 06:44 PM
How did we lose to your team FFS

You're obviously worse than Swansea. Deal with it.

Jeterpool
31-01-2018, 08:57 PM

:rof:

MFKS
31-01-2018, 09:36 PM

But just as good as Liverpool

Frodo
01-02-2018, 09:05 AM
If anyone was wondering.. i'm not happy with this abhorrent decision. I wouldn't care if we never won another title, as long as that beautiful man played his entire career with us and they eventually built him a statue in the middle of the pitch.

Worst day ever.

Such Unhappy.

So Sad!

On another note Alex Song is training with us and the idiot brigade is telling the club to sign him to replace Xhaka.. Idiots.

Bon
01-02-2018, 09:39 AM
If anyone was wondering.. i'm not happy with this abhorrent decision. I wouldn't care if we never won another title, as long as that beautiful man played his entire career with us and they eventually built him a statue in the middle of the pitch.

Worst day ever.

Such Unhappy.

So Sad!

On another note Alex Song is training with us and the idiot brigade is telling the club to sign him to replace Xhaka.. Idiots.

I was expecting a larger froth-up Frodo..
Giroud has gone to Chelsea.. What. The. Fvck..

Frodo
01-02-2018, 02:57 PM
I was expecting a larger froth-up Frodo..
Giroud has gone to Chelsea.. What. The. Fvck..

Well, we couldn't stand in his way given the fact that he has been amazing for us but is being replaced. Sucks that we had to strengthen Chelsea but I guess we are hoping that Aubamayang is that much of an upgrade that it won't be felt.

At least I still get to see his beautiful face. It was great seeing him smile when Chelsea went 3 down this morning, haha.

Frodo
01-02-2018, 02:58 PM
Now, what are we going to do about defenders?????

Johnny Evans would be a smart pickup, but we definitely need someone to push Kos and Mustafi. Chambers and Holding are just not there yet and stalling badly.

Jeterpool
02-02-2018, 09:52 AM
Having a conversation at work with a guy about who was the winner of the Dortmund-Chelsea-Arsenal transfer triangle. Originally I said Dortmund but changed my mind to Chelsea but then I realised the right answer is Mesut Ozil. Gets his $210,000 (pound) a week upgrade to his contract. He’s the real winner.

Macca
02-02-2018, 10:30 AM
Having a conversation at work with a guy about who was the winner of the Dortmund-Chelsea-Arsenal transfer triangle. Originally I said Dortmund but changed my mind to Chelsea but then I realised the right answer is Mesut Ozil. Gets his $210,000 (pound) a week upgrade to his contract. He’s the real winner.

Saw some interesting numbers in the comments section of an article, listing the for and against of the "big 6" clubs. City aside, Arsenal are pretty on the money when it comes to scoring goals but have conceded way way more than their rivals. I think Auba is a good player and Chelsea will benefit from Giroud (who I never quite understood the frustration he drew from fans, for a big bloke he has superb ability with his feet) but Arsenal have problems elsewhere I believe. You're right about Ozil though, he's done fairly well.

Agents need to gtfo of football though or have some decent laws passed. Nowhere else would such flagrant conflicts of interest be allowed to continue on so blatantly.

Frodo
04-02-2018, 09:39 AM
Wenger stealing Klopps patented defensive style of "no plan whatsoever, just get the ball up the other end quickly"

Worked this morning tho, oh well.

Frodo
04-02-2018, 09:57 AM
Also, just watched the game and the missus walked and asked where her favourite player was. (The only player in the world she actually knows the name of)

Had to explain to her why we sold the most handsome man in the world.. she didn't take it well. She told me that Arsenal will definitely get relegated now and she has no reason to watch the game with me ever again.

Definite sad face emoji. :violin:

Frodo
11-02-2018, 11:11 AM
Feel sh*t.

Want Gabriel back.

StannyCFCJET
13-02-2018, 08:25 PM
Thanks for Giroud, His developing combination with Hazard will help us secure top 4 and maybe beat Uefalona. Also do you need us to show you how to beat Spurs at wembley? :rof:

PC14
14-02-2018, 10:27 AM
Thanks for Giroud, His developing combination with Hazard will help us secure top 4 and maybe beat Uefalona. Also do you need us to show you how to beat Spurs at wembley? :rof:

You sure you're not an Arsenal fan? Always in here.

Frodo
14-02-2018, 11:16 AM
You sure you're not an Arsenal fan? Always in here.

He hangs here because no one cares about chelsea enough to discuss them... :popcorn:

Tottenham have beaten Arsenal 4 times out of 15 attempts since Feb 2012. We've been them 7 times in those games.. They can sing songs and watch their dvds and we'll go back to winning trophies and crying about never seeing Oli's beautiful face ever again. (I have decided that he hasn't gone to Chelsea but has retired to pursue a career in modelling and Chelsea are just fudging the team sheet and actually signed Crouch)

StannyCFCJET
14-02-2018, 12:40 PM
He hangs here because no one cares about chelsea enough to discuss them... :popcorn:

Tottenham have beaten Arsenal 4 times out of 15 attempts since Feb 2012. We've been them 7 times in those games.. They can sing songs and watch their dvds and we'll go back to winning trophies and crying about never seeing Oli's beautiful face ever again. (I have decided that he hasn't gone to Chelsea but has retired to pursue a career in modelling and Chelsea are just fudging the team sheet and actually signed Crouch)

Wow I can see tears over Giroud very vividly

baldrick
14-02-2018, 01:24 PM
(I have decided that he hasn't gone to Chelsea but has retired to pursue a career in modelling and Chelsea are just fudging the team sheet and actually signed Crouch)

Secret Agent Giroud, embedded into Chelsea on a secret mission...

Jeterpool
14-02-2018, 01:32 PM

You're very chirpy after you team beat last place. Where have you been the last few weeks?

StannyCFCJET
14-02-2018, 02:08 PM
You're very chirpy after you team beat last place. Where have you been the last few weeks?

Last few weeks? Enjoying watching the Jets for a change. If Chelsea have to have a bad season for the Jets to get a good one then soo be it. But if I remember didnt you lose to West Brom in the cup?

PC14
14-02-2018, 02:31 PM
Last few weeks? Enjoying watching the Jets for a change. If Chelsea have to have a bad season for the Jets to get a good one then soo be it. But if I remember didnt you lose to West Brom in the cup?

I didn't know their games coincided.

I remember a number of long, depressing weekends watching the Jets one day and Arsenal at all hours.

A fan shouldn't pick and choose.

StannyCFCJET
14-02-2018, 02:58 PM
I didn't know their games coincided.

I remember a number of long, depressing weekends watching the Jets one day and Arsenal at all hours.

A fan shouldn't pick and choose.

Im just riding the good with the bad

Frodo
16-02-2018, 08:49 AM
3-0 win in europe. Officially the greatest team of all time.

Suck it to everyone else who played in Europe this week against much weaker opposition than us and did moderately well... Looking at you Liverpool.:thumbsup:

Bon
16-02-2018, 09:23 AM

Suck it to everyone else who played in Europe this week against much weaker opposition than us and did moderately well... Looking at you Liverpool.:thumbsup:

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/galleries/x701/335599.jpg

hawk
18-02-2018, 12:08 AM

Might be time to get off the aresholenil bandwagon, sending you bonkers trying to blame everyone else.

Fortunes wont change until assbanger goes, hes washed up. oh and that other thing, a billionaire

plague
05-03-2018, 03:35 PM
So what happens first:

A) Wenger leaves

B) Wanderers get docked points from the FFA.

Frodo
16-03-2018, 01:59 PM
Just casually smashing European Giants all over the world. Someone give Wenger a new contract extension already.

I bet City are looking to replace the unknown bloke they have in charge now with Le Professor as we speak.

Jeterpool
16-03-2018, 02:07 PM
Just casually smashing European Giants all over the world. Someone give Wenger a new contract extension already.

I bet City are looking to replace the unknown bloke they have in charge now with Le Professor as we speak.

City are to Arsenal what Liverpool are to Southampton. Can't wait to see Arsene on the sideline of Etihad Stadium

For all the postulating of AC, Arsenal put them in their place. They'll be wanting to avoid Atletico.

Frodo
16-03-2018, 02:15 PM
City are to Arsenal what Liverpool are to Southampton. Can't wait to see Arsene on the sideline of Etihad Stadium

For all the postulating of AC, Arsenal put them in their place. They'll be wanting to avoid Atletico.

Athletico on current form are a better side than ours. But I bet they want to avoid us as much as we want to avoid them. Big clashing of football styles/ethos, lots of players in both teams that can change a game in an instant. Would make a worthy final.

I just hope someone like CSKA knocks them off in freezing cold Russia and we can fall into the final versus someone like Sporting Lisbon or Salzburg. Haha. Here's hoping.

goaliepersempre
16-03-2018, 06:41 PM
I just hope someone like CSKA knocks them off in freezing cold Russia and we can fall into the final versus someone like Sporting Lisbon. Haha. Here's hoping.

there is no salzburg in football until Austria make it back.... In Salzburg nür die Austria....

StannyCFCJET
16-03-2018, 08:28 PM
Wenger wins the Europa league gets an extension or sees out his 2 year deal. One less premier league contender to deal with

Frodo
17-03-2018, 07:40 AM
there is no salzburg in football until Austria make it back.... In Salzburg nür die Austria....

Sorry Sempre, my bad.:thumbsup:

Frodo
17-03-2018, 07:41 AM
Wenger wins the Europa league gets an extension or sees out his 2 year deal. One less premier league contender to deal with

Do you mean another contender for 5th place like we both currently are?

StannyCFCJET
17-03-2018, 10:39 AM
Do you mean another contender for 5th place like we both currently are?

When's the last time you won it? We won last year and 2 years b4 that

Frodo
17-03-2018, 11:27 AM
When's the last time you won it? We won last year and 2 years b4 that

Haha, are we gonna have a pissing contest about history.

Your club is only 1 position, and a fair amount of points, closer to the title this year than Arsenal. Don't act like there is a gulf between them. Have a laugh at my comment and move on. It was obviously written in jest.

boz-monaut
20-04-2018, 08:16 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/20/arsene-wenger-to-leave-arsenal-at-the-end-of-the-season

so that's it, Wenger is leaving - end of an era