PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

plague
30-04-2019, 10:47 PM
You think that’s bad?
Come on over to Liverpool next season. High expectations, almost winning it, team building for the future.... what could go wrong?

oh dont worry, ive got extended money on Liverpool to win the title. Poor bugger that put that bet on has been in the foetal position since Christmas.

im gonna lose money on that one too, but at least it wasnt me* that put such a dopey bet on.

*im the dope that put the Arsenal bet on.

plague
06-05-2019, 10:44 AM
Dear fellow Arsenalers.
After 9 months of my lifetime boyhood club obsession, i must announce that my interest in Arsenal has come to an end.
From now on I care not for anything they do, achieve, or completely **** up.
How the hell any of you blokes put up with this shit on the reg is truly mind boggling.
Ive left the spare key in the letterbox, and im changing my phone number.

Its over, dont contact me again.
and just to be clear, it aint me, its you.

Cheers,
Plague.

baldrick
06-05-2019, 01:53 PM
Dear fellow Arsenalers.
After 9 months of my lifetime boyhood club obsession, i must announce that my interest in Arsenal has come to an end.
How the hell any of you blokes put up with this shit on the reg is truly mind boggling.

Cheers,
Plague.

Plastic :slap:

plague
06-05-2019, 01:58 PM
Plastic :slap:

#wellactually its Polymer.

pv4
06-05-2019, 03:05 PM
Dear fellow Arsenalers.

Cheers,
Plague.

I can't believe you didn't wait for the final day when Sp*rs to lose to Everton by 4, and we beat Burnley by 2. You haven't lived yet, I tells ya.

plague
06-05-2019, 03:25 PM
I can't believe you didn't wait for the final day when Sp*rs to lose to Everton by 4, and we beat Burnley by 2. You haven't lived yet, I tells ya.

ok you talked me into it.
https://media1.giphy.com/media/fnxQr38MnrBlnYXAfc/200w.webp?cid=790b76115ccfb71a696751686328c8a8&rid=200w.webp

lets goooooooooooooooooooo

Frodo
06-05-2019, 04:10 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/fnxQr38MnrBlnYXAfc/200w.webp?cid=790b76115ccfb71a696751686328c8a8&rid=200w.webp

Plus you need to watch us lose to Chelsea in the Europa League final to miss out on UCL next season. Gotta have them highs and lows.

plague
06-05-2019, 04:16 PM
Plus you need to watch us lose to Chelsea in the Europa League final to miss out on UCL next season. Gotta have them highs and lows.

nah, my interest is in "top 4" not "qualify for champions league".

theres always a catch.

StannyCFCJET
06-05-2019, 06:58 PM

You have the wood over us atm. I'm hoping Valencia knock you out.

plague
07-05-2019, 12:30 AM
Now Welbeck coming with me.

Frodo
13-05-2019, 06:14 AM
A Golden Boot and a European Final. Not the worst season. 2 points off 3rd. Imagine if we hadn't thrown away some of those easy away games.
Looking forward to seeing how much we improve next season. I think there could be a few moves in the window after we know our fate regarding UCL.

Bremsstrahlung
13-05-2019, 08:36 AM
Just to get this straight, if arsenal win EL, Spurs miss out?
If Arsenal AND spurs win, Chelsea miss out on UCL?

Jeterpool
13-05-2019, 08:40 AM
Just to get this straight, if arsenal win EL, Spurs miss out?
If Arsenal AND spurs win, Chelsea miss out on UCL?

Not quite.

If Arsenal win, they're in regardless of the result in the CL final. None of the top 4 drop out. That was only a consideration when United were still in the CL and 6th at that stage.

Frodo
13-05-2019, 09:05 AM
Not quite.

If Arsenal win, they're in regardless of the result in the CL final. None of the top 4 drop out. That was only a consideration when United were still in the CL and 6th at that stage.

Just to clarify. (Only cause I got a bit confused by your response)

Top 4 is automatically in the UCL next season no matter what.

If Arsenal win the UEL they get automatic qualification to UCL group stage.
If Arsenal lose they drop down to the Europa League group stage. (Via 5th place finish.)

If City win the FA cup Wolves go into the UEL qualifying rounds.
If Watford win the FA Cup then they go straight into the UEL group stage and Man U have to go through qualifying. (which is on at the same time as their US tour, lol)

So United had to Barrack for City to win the league from Liverpool and have to Barrack for them to win the FA Cup in order to earn the big money on their tour and not have extra games around Europe. Trolololol.

Jeterpool
13-05-2019, 09:21 AM
Just to clarify. (Only cause I got a bit confused by your response)

Top 4 is automatically in the UCL next season no matter what.

If Arsenal win the UEL they get automatic qualification to UCL group stage.
If Arsenal lose they drop down to the Europa League group stage. (Via 5th place finish.)

If City win the FA cup Wolves go into the UEL qualifying rounds.
If Watford win the FA Cup then they go straight into the UEL group stage and Man U have to go through qualifying. (which is on at the same time as their US tour, lol)

So United had to Barrack for City to win the league from Liverpool and have to Barrack for them to win the FA Cup in order to earn the big money on their tour and not have extra games around Europe. Trolololol.

Thanks! That's really interesting - and don't Chelsea have a similar issue with their tour being in-between the EL final?

Frodo
13-05-2019, 09:45 AM
Thanks! That's really interesting - and don't Chelsea have a similar issue with their tour being in-between the EL final?

Chelsea have a game in 3 days time in Boston. So they lose a week of recovery.

But I reckon Arsenal will have behind doors friendlies or something similar so it's not a huge difference for them. Liverpool and Spuds may do the same.

pv4
13-05-2019, 10:06 AM

Wait I thought 6th place was Europa League qualifiers anyway.. or is it auto group stage like 5th?

pv4
13-05-2019, 10:06 AM

It was fun while it lasted, plaguesey.

If only Auba didn't miss the NLD pen #pray4plaguesey

Frodo
13-05-2019, 10:20 AM
Wait I thought 6th place was Europa League qualifiers anyway.. or is it auto group stage like 5th?

Yes, but the winner of FA Cup is auto group stage place. So..

If City win the FA Cup then 6th place gets the automatic group stage place and 7th gets the qualifier.

If Watford win they get the auto place (as winners) and 6th (United) remains a qualifying place. Wolves would miss out on Europe altogether then also.

plague
13-05-2019, 10:54 AM
It was fun while it lasted, plaguesey.

If only Auba didn't miss the NLD pen #pray4plaguesey

**** Arsenal.
(until i bet on them again next year)

Bremsstrahlung
13-05-2019, 12:31 PM
Huh?
Aren’t you only allowed 4 teams from a competition?
Don’t cup wins eg. Europa/UCL trump league finish?

So atm. City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs qualify?

Scenario 1: If Arsenal win Europa = UCL spot.
So then 4th place spurs drop down to Europa right?

Scenario 2: if arsenal win EL, see above. If spurs also win, they get a spot too. So do Chelsea then drop down to Europa?

Frodo
13-05-2019, 12:32 PM
Huh?
Aren’t you only allowed 4 teams from a competition?
Don’t cup wins eg. Europa/UCL trump league finish?

So atm. City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs qualify?

Scenario 1: If Arsenal win Europa = UCL spot.
So then 4th place spurs drop down to Europa right?

Scenario 2: if arsenal win EL, see above. If spurs also win, they get a spot too. So do Chelsea then drop down to Europa?

No, England can have 5.

StannyCFCJET
13-05-2019, 12:35 PM
No, England can have 5.
Wasn't English teams in danger of losing a spot?

Bremsstrahlung
13-05-2019, 12:35 PM
Damn that’s boring then.

Frodo
13-05-2019, 03:08 PM
Wasn't English teams in danger of losing a spot?

With 4 teams in the finals, no.

Plus they had 1 in the UCL final the year before and won the UEL the years before that.

Definitely no issue with 5 teams in the UCL next season if we beat Chelsea.

Either way there could be 7 English teams in Europe next season if United/Wolves make it through qualifying.

StannyCFCJET
13-05-2019, 04:00 PM
With 4 teams in the finals, no.

Plus they had 1 in the UCL final the year before and won the UEL the years before that.

Definitely no issue with 5 teams in the UCL next season if we beat Chelsea.

Either way there could be 7 English teams in Europe next season if United/Wolves make it through qualifying.

That's the point. I heard we were in danger until we started making finals recently

Frodo
13-05-2019, 05:16 PM
That's the point. I heard we were in danger until we started making finals recently

We aren't even in Europe so not sure how the Jets would be worried about the UCL???

But no, don't worry. The EPL, La Liga and Bundesliga will never lose places in the UCL. Only gain them.

MFKS
13-05-2019, 09:04 PM
We aren't even in Europe so not sure how the Jets would be worried about the UCL???

But no, don't worry. The EPL, La Liga and Bundesliga will never lose places in the UCL. Only gain them.

I wouldn't even be worried about the finals

We won't be making them again anytime soon either

Frodo
29-06-2019, 07:00 AM
https://youtu.be/LJFV89wZlTI

New kit launch for us. Absolute fire.

Kit looks awesome too.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQuFy5VYK5z_Ug4Ei_oXS-Wr2Wery94VIb27ZkqLONUNzufV6T8
There's a sneak peak at the kits.

plague
29-07-2019, 12:09 AM
Ceballos though huh?

Skirt Boy
29-07-2019, 04:59 PM
Still a shit club full of Gypo ***** from South London. Shit stadium to.

Frodo
30-07-2019, 08:03 PM
Still a shit club full of Gypo ***** from South London. Shit stadium to.

And to think, you guys are still in our shadow! How bad must you guys be then?

How's that dust collection you've got going in your trophy room going?

pv4
30-07-2019, 09:18 PM
Ceballos though huh?

Quiet, our radios are exclusively tuned into Mustafi exit rumours.

plague
30-07-2019, 09:20 PM

thoughts and prayers lads. Griffspeed.

Frodo
30-07-2019, 09:53 PM

We just got turned down by Juventus for Rugani, we were working through it but Chiellini got injured, so unless we find another player we might have to keep him. Kos is going now as well, so we won't have enough fit first team CBs otherwise.

Hopefully another team is happy to do a deal like the Pepe one. (£20 mil up front and then 4 yearly payments for the rest)

Skirt Boy
31-07-2019, 07:44 PM
And to think, you guys are still in our shadow! How bad must you guys be then?

How's that dust collection you've got going in your trophy room going?

Never had to move across town to play. Hell even managed to build our new stadium in the same spot as the old one.

StannyCFCJET
31-07-2019, 07:58 PM
Never had to move across town to play. Hell even managed to build our new stadium in the same spot as the old one.

Yeah while winning nothing which is what Spurs is all about. Should add it to the official club motto

pv4
31-07-2019, 09:53 PM
Hell even managed to build our new stadium in the same spot as the old one.

In a very seamless way too, right.

Frodo
01-08-2019, 10:01 AM

Spuds probably couldn't afford to buy any other land?

Also, I wouldn't bring up something that happened over 100 years ago.... That would be like me bringing up the fact that you guys have won as many 2nd division titles (1919/20 & 1949/50) as you have 1st division titles (1950/51 & 1960/61) whereas we haven't been relegated since 1913 (and have won 13 league titles)?

plague
01-08-2019, 01:19 PM
Yeah while winning nothing which is what Spurs is all about. Should add it to the official club motto

Pfffft, you out here acting like the International Champions Cup Trophy Contest Tournament isn't a thing.

Frodo
01-08-2019, 11:38 PM
Pfffft, you out here acting like the International Champions Cup Trophy Contest Tournament isn't a thing.

Did you see Sissoko lift the Audi Cup like it was freakin Simba and he was up on Pride rock??? Lol.

furns
02-08-2019, 01:35 AM
What happened to the usual Arsenal tradition of lifting the Emirates Cup in preseason?

pv4
02-08-2019, 09:59 AM
What happened to the usual Arsenal tradition of lifting the Emirates Cup in preseason?

Spot the difference in how the two celebrate a preseason trophy:

http://i66.tinypic.com/1zlysf6.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/okwkqs.jpg

Frodo
02-08-2019, 04:06 PM
Definitely the highlight of Sissoko's career.

plague
02-08-2019, 04:20 PM
you jerks are gonna make me load up on that Arsenal Top 4 bet again aint ya's.

jerks.

plague
02-08-2019, 04:21 PM
by the way i know i should post this in the Chelsea thread, but Liverpool paying $1.70 to win zero trophies this year (charity shield not inc) is the bet of the summer.

load up boyz.

pv4
02-08-2019, 07:59 PM
you jerks are gonna make me load up on that Arsenal Top 4 bet again aint ya's.

jerks.

Do what you want with our proposed lineup:
---------Lacazette----------
Auba------Ozil---------Pepe
-----Ceballos--Torreira------
God-----Will----Help----Us
----------Leno----------------

StannyCFCJET
02-08-2019, 08:01 PM
Yeah Pepe but you'll need to score 4 as your gonna concede 3 every game

plague
02-08-2019, 08:35 PM
Do what you want with our proposed lineup:
---------Lacazette----------
Auba------Ozil---------Pepe
-----Ceballos--Torreira------
God-----Will----Help----Us
----------Leno----------------

ok im in.

also, thinking Ozil is gonna be in your first team is a good larf.

pv4
02-08-2019, 08:47 PM
also, thinking Ozil is gonna be in your first team is a good larf.

Somehow I feel like we've convinced ourselves he will turn it around and refill his potential.

I can't remember what switched though. Maybe it was his haircut to make him look like the female USA world cup winner chick?

pv4
02-08-2019, 08:48 PM
Yeah Pepe but you'll need to score 4 as your gonna concede 3 every game

Holdinho though

plague
02-08-2019, 10:19 PM
Maybe it was his haircut to make him look like the female USA world cup winner chick?

Rapinozil?

thank you.

thank you very much.

plague
03-08-2019, 02:51 PM
Coutinho huh?

blimey.

Frodo
04-08-2019, 11:58 AM
Coutinho huh?

blimey.

Gotta be smoke and mirrors for either Umtiti to Arsenal or Coutinho to City as a Sane replacement.

Frodo
09-08-2019, 09:46 AM
Hope the club folds now that we've signed Luiz the f&$king fraud. Don't want to have to watch him ruin the beautiful new jerseys with his shithousery and c$&k ups.

The next worst part is losing Iwobi. Was the most Arsenal through and through bloke at the club (Jenko included), he literally grew up at the club and was an awesome backup for wingers or at 10 (better than Mhki). Also never got a chance to play as an 8, which is probably his best position. So sad.

Tierney is probably a steal at £25 million in this market too.

Jeterpool
09-08-2019, 09:53 AM
The next worst part is losing Iwobi. Was the most Arsenal through and through bloke at the club (Jenko included), he literally grew up at the club and was an awesome backup for wingers or at 10 (better than Mhki). Also never got a chance to play as an 8, which is probably his best position. So sad.

This was a transfer that I found very surprising as well.

pv4
09-08-2019, 11:20 AM
This was a transfer that I found very surprising as well.

I love Iwobez but for 40mil it's hard not to be impressed business wise.

Luiz I feel will partner Holdinho better than Sokratis. I don't see the doom here, particularly as he has worked with Emery before.

This has been a phenomenal window with only 45m to use

Skirt Boy
09-08-2019, 11:53 AM
This has been a phenomenal window with only 45m to use

Peasants.

Bon
09-08-2019, 12:00 PM
Peasants.

You just get back to your Spuds thread mate.. (if there is one).. :gent:

plague
09-08-2019, 10:45 PM
Chelsea to Arsenal:
Čech- FA CUP 1
Benayoun - 0
Gallas - 0
Diarra - 0

Arsenal to Chelsea
Giroud - Fa Cup, Europa 2
Fàbregas - EPLx2, FA Cup, Eng Cup 4
Anelka - Fa Cup x2 EPL 3
Cole - EPL, CL, EL, Fa Cupx4, Eng Cup 8
Petit - 0

see, it gotta start evening out soon right?

StannyCFCJET
09-08-2019, 10:46 PM
Chelsea to Arsenal:
Čech- FA CUP 1
Benayoun - 0
Gallas - 0
Diarra - 0

Arsenal to Chelsea
Giroud - Fa Cup, Europa 2
Fàbregas - EPLx2, FA Cup, Eng Cup 4
Anelka - Fa Cup x2 EPL 3
Cole - EPL, CL, EL, Fa Cupx4, Eng Cup 8
Petit - 0

see, it gotta start evening out soon right?

Anelka doesnt really count does it?

plague
09-08-2019, 11:07 PM
Anelka doesnt really count does it?

im just here for the gags mate dont rely on me for any accuracy

plague
13-08-2019, 11:15 AM
i like Guendouzi and always have all of my life as an Arsenal FC football club lifelong fan.

pv4
13-08-2019, 01:22 PM
i like Guendouzi and always have all of my life as an Arsenal FC football club lifelong fan.

If we can get 40m for Iwobez, we can sell Guendouzi for 100m to PSG in about a year or two.

Frodo
13-08-2019, 11:26 PM
If we can get 40m for Iwobez, we can sell Guendouzi for 100m to PSG in about a year or two.

He's currently rated at like £60 million by some stats website. He's like the 5th most expensive teenager value-wise.

Frodo
18-08-2019, 02:46 AM
Definitely gonna win the league now. Unassailable lead after that win realistically.

pv4
18-08-2019, 12:45 PM
Definitely gonna win the league now. Unassailable lead after that win realistically.

Honestly ever since plaguesey scouted a young 9 year old Ceballos this was set in stone, really.

pv4
18-08-2019, 12:54 PM
My thoughts on the game player by player

Leno is very safe. When a defence in front of him gels and learns to deal with set pieces and crosses better, we will have no issues from his whatsoever.

AMN is the best of the three young guys but he is still a year or two off. It's nice to know we have Hector coming in. AMN you just know is going to get caught out.

Luiz was fairly wasteful but also very brilliant. His directness helps compensate for Guendozzi's lackthereof. He will find Laca, Auba and Pepe directly and create a lot of chances for us.

I thought Sokratis worked well with Luiz and was the defensive leveller for him. Honestly I liked Chambers last week so was sad to see him benched but the two CBs last night did fine.

Monreal his usual self, not a lot of flashy moments and versatile to move to a back three.

Nelson was poor. Their goal came from a counter directly off his wastefulness. Replacing him with Pepe will be good.

Willock was not much better. He only had one decent pass all game, the cut back to Torreira. It will be interesting to see how we can fit both Mesut & Ceballos together, and Willock will be the casualty in that exchange.

Guendozzi is terrific, but as mentioned previously he doesn't pass forward a whole lot. We trust him by putting him in some potentially dangerous situations particularly in our own defensive third but he handles it with composure no one so young should have. If we can get him moving forward he will be a terrific overall player.

Ceballos was very exciting. He is like a mix between Santi and Arteta, the latter more because of his height, looks and squad number rof. May have played a fault in the Burnley goal but made up for it with his general contribution to the rest of the game. He has really threatened Mesut's ease of return to the squad, he seemingly has no place in it if Ceballos can maintain that form.

Auba and Laca are both truly outstanding forwards and both created goals from nothing last night. I have no reservations in saying they are both world class. We struggle to find how to play them together, that is our only major issue.

Pepe needs time to gel with the team but once he does I think that will be one of the best front threes we have seen at the club ever, potentially.

plague
18-08-2019, 03:36 PM
Honestly ever since plaguesey scouted a young 9 year old Ceballos this was set in stone, really.

yeah this is true and correct.
also, seeing as though im gonna collect on my Auba 20 goals bet by Christmas might just get you all something small.

Like Spurs trophy cabinet.

boom. caaaarrrnnn the Arsenals.

Frodo
18-08-2019, 05:56 PM
My thoughts on the game player by player

Leno is very safe. When a defence in front of him gels and learns to deal with set pieces and crosses better, we will have no issues from his whatsoever.

AMN is the best of the three young guys but he is still a year or two off. It's nice to know we have Hector coming in. AMN you just know is going to get caught out.

Luiz was fairly wasteful but also very brilliant. His directness helps compensate for Guendozzi's lackthereof. He will find Laca, Auba and Pepe directly and create a lot of chances for us.

I thought Sokratis worked well with Luiz and was the defensive leveller for him. Honestly I liked Chambers last week so was sad to see him benched but the two CBs last night did fine.

Monreal his usual self, not a lot of flashy moments and versatile to move to a back three.

Nelson was poor. Their goal came from a counter directly off his wastefulness. Replacing him with Pepe will be good.

Willock was not much better. He only had one decent pass all game, the cut back to Torreira. It will be interesting to see how we can fit both Mesut & Ceballos together, and Willock will be the casualty in that exchange.

Guendozzi is terrific, but as mentioned previously he doesn't pass forward a whole lot. We trust him by putting him in some potentially dangerous situations particularly in our own defensive third but he handles it with composure no one so young should have. If we can get him moving forward he will be a terrific overall player.

Ceballos was very exciting. He is like a mix between Santi and Arteta, the latter more because of his height, looks and squad number rof. May have played a fault in the Burnley goal but made up for it with his general contribution to the rest of the game. He has really threatened Mesut's ease of return to the squad, he seemingly has no place in it if Ceballos can maintain that form.

Auba and Laca are both truly outstanding forwards and both created goals from nothing last night. I have no reservations in saying they are both world class. We struggle to find how to play them together, that is our only major issue.

Pepe needs time to gel with the team but once he does I think that will be one of the best front threes we have seen at the club ever, potentially.

Agree with a lot of this.

Luiz was at fault for the goal by dropping off both the player and the defensive/offside line. Even Barnes thought he would have been offside there.

Nelson will do well off the bench, but isn't smart enough to be a starter. Needs to play against tired legs for now.

Monreal was MOTM for me, he sorted out the backline more often than not, gave Ceballos plenty of good ball and was strong as an ox as usual. La Cabra is still our best LB right now. Hopefully Tierney is better than him when he gets fit.

Willock looks good but not great. Guendo is allowed to not be a super passer as he is constantly making defensive contributions, Willock is meant to be the passer, he was way too slow to make a decision, unlike Ceballos.

I think against Liverpool we might play Guendo - Torreira - Ceballos in midfield. That's got better balance than what he had last night.

Also... **** our strikers are good.

pv4
19-08-2019, 01:21 PM
Toot toot, all aboard the Ceballos hypetrain. I particularly adore the comparisons to Ramsey in here:
https://www.football365.com/news/oh-dani-boy-jose-was-wrong-about-arsenals-new-hero

plague
02-09-2019, 11:59 AM
Why wasn't Kane booked for that lame ass dive at the end there?

It's a textbook yellow yeah?

Skirt Boy
02-09-2019, 12:02 PM

Get f****d

Bon
02-09-2019, 12:04 PM

It's a great question..
Frodo has been losing his sh!t about it all morning..

plague
02-09-2019, 12:16 PM
Get f****d

Lumbering oaf.
Most overrated player in the Prem.

Kudos to Spurs management though as they embark on selling him to Madrid and sucker them into chucking another enormous albatross around their neck.

Whenever it says 'Spurs' on the caller ID, Madrid just gotta resist the temptation to pick up and they gotta let it go through to to voicemail.

Am I doing it right yet fellow life long gunnerers?

plague
02-09-2019, 12:18 PM
It's a great question..
Frodo has been losing his sh!t about it all morning..

Oh if it was a player with a South American sounding name the card would be out quicker than Hawks AMEX at the titty bar.

Skirt Boy
02-09-2019, 04:37 PM
Lumbering oaf.
Most overrated player in the Prem.

Can you put me onto your dealer Plague? He must sell some quality gear.

plague
02-09-2019, 05:06 PM
Can you put me onto your dealer Plague? He must sell some quality gear.
First the Russian bots, now you're trying to Narc me out.

I see you SB.

russjaybee
02-09-2019, 05:59 PM
https://i.imgur.com/7YcZxvP.jpg

furns
02-09-2019, 06:14 PM
Oh if it was a player with a South American sounding name the card would be out quicker than Hawks AMEX at the titty bar.
Quality post sir. Have some reputation points.

furns
02-09-2019, 06:17 PM
Now I think Robbie Savage is a complete bellend, but I cant disagree with his reaction here.
There's one-eyed fans, then theres this bloke :roflz:

https://www.facebook.com/5liveSport/videos/1156974047836971/?t=34

plague
02-09-2019, 06:27 PM
https://i.imgur.com/7YcZxvP.jpg

Handball.
One yellow for the dive, the other for the handball.
Red card, early shower.
Why even have VAR if they are gonna miss obvious shit like this?

baldrick
02-09-2019, 08:14 PM
Handball.
Red card, early shower.

Exactly :thumbsup: :redcard:

StannyCFCJET
02-09-2019, 09:35 PM
Henrikh Mkhitaryan to Roma

Skirt Boy
02-09-2019, 10:35 PM
Handball.
Red card, early shower.

It's a shame the NDIS is a thing and they are closing Stockton

Frodo
02-09-2019, 11:36 PM

That's twice this season already that Kane has fallen over in the box with his arms raised pleading for a penalty. Both times VAR has said no, both times pundits and refs alike have said no penalty, both times he's escaped being carded.

Grealish gets kicked twice, makes the pass whilst falling over to Lansbury to score, doesn't claim for a penalty at all and gets carded for diving as well as Villa having a likely point taken away from them by a referee.

plague
03-09-2019, 10:08 AM
both times he's escaped being carded.

the no card thing is the least of the penalties.
Suarez/Ronaldo were blasted as flat out cheats. Kane has skated the whole time.
and lets not forget Dele Alli, his antics are worse and he gets the same free pass.

Skirt Boy
03-09-2019, 10:56 AM

pv4
03-09-2019, 01:04 PM
Grealish gets kicked twice, makes the pass whilst falling over to Lansbury to score, doesn't claim for a penalty at all and gets carded for diving as well as Villa having a likely point taken away from them by a referee.

Not even considering Harry Kane, the Grealish thing has really annoyed me. Dude is punished for playing football.

russjaybee
03-09-2019, 04:07 PM
I'm fine with Mkhi going to Roma, but it really makes me doubly wish we still had Iwobi around.
I guess this is really opening the door for Nelson or Martinelli to fill the gaps and make it count in cup games.

Iwobi has nabbed a couple for Everton already, 1 in a cup game and 1 in the league; both headers haha. He was only ever good enough to be a squad player for us, but he did provide pretty good depth I think.

Mkhi seems to have really dropped off, his cameo in the NLD was a bit of a nail in the coffin for me. For a senior player on big money it just wasn't good enough.
The Roma deal looks pretty good, wages fully paid for and a fee by the sounds of it, not a bad bit of business.

Elneny gone as well, makes total sense; more rational moves from the team.

In other news, Guendouzi has been called up to the France squad to replace an injured Pogba!
https://i.redd.it/h6zv49bal8k31.jpg

Absolutely fantastic and well deserved, what a guy!
Hard to believe he's only 20 years and came out of ligue 2. I remember when we got him and Torreira and I just expected him to go out on loan or hang around in the u23s, then suddenly he's starting against City and Chelsea in our first games of the season, like wtf is this about?

Was he a Sven Mislintat signing??

Edit: Survey says Yes!
https://arseblog.news/2018/12/mislintat-reveals-background-to-matteo-guendouzi-signing/

plague
03-09-2019, 04:58 PM
In other news, Guendouzi has been called up to the France squad to replace an injured Pogba!

'injured' heh heh heh.
Good to see France management looking after the egos of senior players by not just telling the media that Pogba is trash and that our boy Guendouzi is better and more awesome.

pv4
03-09-2019, 09:03 PM
and lets not forget Dele Alli, his antics are worse and he gets the same free pass.

It's going to be a glorious day when Alli and or Kane get sent off by the VAR. Their grubbiness off the ball can only last so long before big brother tells the ref about it.

pv4
04-09-2019, 07:47 AM
Thoroughly enjoyable NLD and I imagine even a neutral would have liked watching it.

I was surprised how direct Arsenal were at times, and we continually peppered sp*rs goals and on another day we would have finished a few more of those chances.

Sp*rs looked good on the counter, Son gave us major headaches, and they too had a few chances to bury the game.

Outside of the inexcusable dive in for the pen, I thought Xhaka had a good game. He seemingly has been lumped into the Mustafi category unfairly in my opinion.

Ceballos made an instant impact which is great to see.

It was awesome to see the front three play together, and once Pepe has gelled with the team more it will pay off in big ways.

This was the first game I've watched AMN and not hated his attacking and/or defensive positional awareness, I thought this was his best game for that.

Arsenal had about 2 different mild penalty shouts which neither were a penalty, but both were more of a penalty than Kane's dive late in the game. Kane's dive made no sense that the ref awarded the foul to Arsenal, but didn't card him. Like Frodo said, if Grealish gets carded for playing the game then why is Kane not carded for actively attempting to fabricate a foul.

Guendouzi, far out I am so so glad that plaguesey put us onto this guy. PSG will be drafting up a 100m bid as we speak.

Frodo
04-09-2019, 02:03 PM
Guendouzi, far out I am so so glad that plaguesey put us onto this guy. PSG will be drafting up a 100m bid as we speak.

Cost us £7.2 million.

PSG has already enquired at around £40 million for him and were rejected straight up. He is starting to learn to control a game better as well. Torreira needs to get settled again and find his form. He looks like new Kante instead of old Kante right now.

plague
08-10-2019, 09:23 PM
https://twitter.com/i/status/1181252038614753281

Training going well.

Frodo
22-10-2019, 09:24 AM
I'm very very salty right now.

Concede from a corner, then Sheffield put 9 players behind the ball for 45 mins and gave up on passing completely.

Add in a Mike Dean masterclass and I'm frothing.

Frodo
22-10-2019, 09:26 AM
Also, David Luiz is still utter trash. Can't win a header against anybody or pass the ball under any sort of pressure. Bloke is a fraud.

plague
22-10-2019, 10:01 AM
if Emery is gonna start behaving this way i might have to reconsider scouting players like Torriera and Ceballos for him.

Frodo
22-10-2019, 10:22 AM
if Emery is gonna start behaving this way i might have to reconsider scouting players like Torriera and Ceballos for him.

I can't tell if he just thought this game would be easy or if he is prioritising the Europa league, but he played our weakest backline and half our attack.

I guess we'll find out in 3 days time when they get to Portugal.

Jeterpool
31-10-2019, 01:21 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2019/oct/29/david-squires-on-wheres-mesut-ozil-arsenal

plague
31-10-2019, 06:16 PM
not sure David Luiz has ever leaked 5 in an Arsenal shirt though........

StannyCFCJET
03-11-2019, 11:00 PM
Soo looks like Jose in on his way

Frodo
04-11-2019, 09:15 AM
Soo looks like Jose in on his way

Thankfully this has been refuted by the club. The guy Jose had a meeting with wasn't Raul, Raul said he hasn't spoken with Jose since his time in Spain and the club has told Emery this week that he has more time to fix our issues.

I had a full on meltdown when I saw the Jose links. As did a large amount of Arsenal fans. He's definitely not welcome at our club. (Much like everywhere else in England nowadays.)

russjaybee
04-11-2019, 10:02 AM
Thankfully this has been refuted by the club. The guy Jose had a meeting with wasn't Raul, Raul said he hasn't spoken with Jose since his time in Spain and the club has told Emery this week that he has more time to fix our issues.

I had a full on meltdown when I saw the Jose links. As did a large amount of Arsenal fans. He's definitely not welcome at our club. (Much like everywhere else in England nowadays.)

Happy to hear this, my assumption was that this was just rumour mill bs.

Frodo what are your sources for this info?
Did the club release a statement about it?

Frodo
04-11-2019, 10:11 AM
Happy to hear this, my assumption was that this was just rumour mill bs.

Frodo what are your sources for this info?
Did the club release a statement about it?

Get on Reddit and you'll see the Tier 1 sources. No official club statement, they never do with these sorts of rumours. But in press conferences and phone calls people connected to the club get the info out. If you earn status you don't want to ruin it by lying, so more often than not it's the truth right now. Things do change quickly in football tho. Hopefully Bayern take Jose now that they've sacked Kovac.

Frodo
04-11-2019, 10:18 AM
Funnily enough, this rumour was based off a meeting that Jose had with a guy who looks similar to Raul Sanllehi, but the guy in question was like 3 feet taller than Raul.

russjaybee
04-11-2019, 10:50 AM
Ha, yeah I saw the photo posted of the supposed Raul.
Agree hopefully Mourihno to Bayern, would make more sense I think.

Arsene in for interim role pls.

StannyCFCJET
04-11-2019, 11:04 AM

Not surprised tbf, Arsenal arn't interested in winning things anymore

plague
04-11-2019, 11:11 AM

What a world we are living in when a bloke who has hitched his wagon to Tammy Abraham is throwing shade like it's confetti and the other side has no response because he's prob dead accurate.

StannyCFCJET
04-11-2019, 11:50 AM
What a world we are living in when a bloke who has hitched his wagon to Tammy Abraham is throwing shade like it's confetti and the other side has no response because he's prob dead accurate.

What's wrong with Tammy

plague
04-11-2019, 11:56 AM
What's wrong with Tammy

nothing, thats my point.

back in the day 'cocky Chelsea fan' had Drogba,Hazard and Kante to back them up, now they are more than comfortable putting on the Tammy cape and popping off.
Reminds me when 'cocky Lester fan' banged their chests to the tune of Wes Morgan and Danny Drinkwater.
Its a thing to behold.
Im here for all of it.

Frodo
04-11-2019, 02:12 PM

Yet you're still in our shadow. Must be tough.

StannyCFCJET
04-11-2019, 02:36 PM

Umm what? Are you rivalling Skirt boy and the Memba for the most delusional post this month?

Aegon
05-11-2019, 09:42 AM

:wtf:

russjaybee
05-11-2019, 02:40 PM
Arsene in the hat for Bayern job apparently, along with some other names.

plague
05-11-2019, 02:54 PM
Arsene in the hat for Bayern job apparently, along with some other names.

i hope he gets it and is really really successful. i like Wenger.

Aegon
05-11-2019, 09:06 PM
i hope he gets it and is really really successful. i like Wenger.

Same, if he gets good coaches under him I can’t see why he wouldn’t succeed again.

plague
05-11-2019, 09:54 PM
Same, if he gets good coaches under him I can’t see why he wouldn’t succeed again.

yeah and just to be clear, this is no shade or any anti arsenal thing.
Munich is on the verge of doing a Man United and falling apart unless they get a real steadying hand on and off the pitch. Wenger can rebuild that club without it falling too far down the totem pole. Theres a lot of really good German teams coming through playing good football. the comp is unreal ATM. Wenger with the biggest budget in town can do a real good job there.

and then knock Arsenal out of the Champions League in the quarters like normal.......

russjaybee
06-11-2019, 09:54 AM
Unai Emery confirms that Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is the new #AFC captain.

Oh well, there it is. Confirmation of PEA's departure from Arsenal.
Was nice to have him while we did.

MFKS
06-11-2019, 06:33 PM
yeah and just to be clear, this is no shade or any anti arsenal thing.
Munich is on the verge of doing a Man United and falling apart unless they get a real steadying hand on and off the pitch. Wenger can rebuild that club without it falling too far down the totem pole. Theres a lot of really good German teams coming through playing good football. the comp is unreal ATM. Wenger with the biggest budget in town can do a real good job there.

and then knock Arsenal out of the Champions League in the quarters like normal.......

The ****ers have won the Bundesliga 7 times on the trot and 14 times in the last 20

I don't think they are gonna fall that hard

goaliepersempre
29-11-2019, 11:03 PM
Emery Gonnnne... Ljungberg interim.

MFKS
29-11-2019, 11:11 PM
Bring in Pochettino

He is free and has extensive experience playing good stuff and winning **** all

Skirt Boy
30-11-2019, 10:55 AM
****ing Woolwich.

Talk about copycats.

Jetmaster
30-11-2019, 04:21 PM
****ing Woolwich.

Talk about copycats.

Odds on them just swapping coaches?

Skirt Boy
30-11-2019, 04:39 PM
Odds on them just swapping coaches?

He has ruled it out in the past and also said he would never coach Barcelona.

StannyCFCJET
30-11-2019, 04:53 PM
He has ruled it out in the past and also said he would never coach Barcelona.

Talk means nothing in football

MFKS
30-11-2019, 06:59 PM
Talk means nothing in football

Issue is that Poch has enough brownie points in the bag he will have options he can easily say no to the Arsenal job

Come next June he be linked with every job going and some not going

Skirt Boy
30-11-2019, 07:05 PM
If Woolwich are so awesome why would they want a Spurs reject?

StannyCFCJET
30-11-2019, 07:06 PM
Issue is that Poch has enough brownie points in the bag he will have options he can easily say no to the Arsenal job

Come next June he be linked with every job going and some not going

I'm not so sure. He isn't a winner and that's what big clubs want

Frodo
30-11-2019, 08:17 PM
Patrick Viera or Mikel Arteta are probably the front runners right now but neither are likely at this point. Viera wants to finish the season with Nice and prove that he can turn around their stutter in form before he moves on. Arteta may have already been offered the City job for next season and would probably wait for that.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't pursue Poch much past a quick enquiry. He'll bide his time until the Real job reopens.

Most likely situation is Freddie looks after the team until the end of the season and wait for Brendan Rodgers.

MFKS
30-11-2019, 08:21 PM
I'm not so sure. He isn't a winner and that's what big clubs want

Lampard has won **** all as a Manager

I suppose that is why Chelsea signed him

They ain't a big club so don't need winners

MFKS
30-11-2019, 08:23 PM
Patrick Viera or Mikel Arteta are probably the front runners right now but neither are likely at this point. Viera wants to finish the season with Nice and prove that he can turn around their stutter in form before he moves on. Arteta may have already been offered the City job for next season and would probably wait for that.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't pursue Poch much past a quick enquiry. He'll bide his time until the Real job reopens.

Most likely situation is Freddie looks after the team until the end of the season and wait for Brendan Rodgers.
Don't know what the fappening is all about with Rodgers

Bloke has won **** all at Lester

StannyCFCJET
30-11-2019, 08:27 PM
Lampard has won **** all as a Manager

I suppose that is why Chelsea signed him

They ain't a big club so don't need winners

Our situation was different. No big name is coming to us under a transfer ban. So we were free to take a gamble

Frodo
30-11-2019, 08:32 PM
Don't know what the fappening is all about with Rodgers

Bloke has won **** all at Lester

There's no one else available.

MFKS
30-11-2019, 08:51 PM
There's no one else available.

Allegri is unemployed

Frodo
30-11-2019, 09:04 PM
Allegri is unemployed

Said no already. He wants the PSG or City gig with unlimited funds.

StannyCFCJET
06-12-2019, 01:59 PM
Enjoying the relegation fight?

plague
06-12-2019, 03:31 PM
Freddie OUT!!!!!

Jetmaster
06-12-2019, 04:48 PM
Freddie OUT!!!!!

A boss that used to look like Vyvyan from the Young Ones - you all fell for it like the fascists you are!

StannyCFCJET
06-12-2019, 04:58 PM
Freddie OUT!!!!!

Don Robbie in

Frodo
06-12-2019, 06:39 PM

We're 10th. Last time I checked 10th place didn't get relegated...

StannyCFCJET
06-12-2019, 07:14 PM
We're 10th. Last time I checked 10th place didn't get relegated...

The way your playing you never know.

Frodo
06-12-2019, 08:15 PM
The way your playing you never know.

You're.

StannyCFCJET
06-12-2019, 08:43 PM
You're.

I suppose you have more time to correct grammar when winning trophies is something you dont have to worry about anymore

Frodo
06-12-2019, 09:00 PM
I suppose you have more time to correct grammar when winning trophies is something you dont have to worry about anymore

You do realise that I don't play for Arsenal, don't you? I'm also not employed by the club. Football is this little hobby of mine.

Also, didn't your team finish 10th a few years ago? We've been in 10th for all of 1 day and the world is falling down, shows how big a club we are. I'll be real worried when we sit in 10th place and no one bats an eyelid.

StannyCFCJET
06-12-2019, 09:20 PM
You do realise that I don't play for Arsenal, don't you? I'm also not employed by the club. Football is this little hobby of mine.

Also, didn't your team finish 10th a few years ago? We've been in 10th for all of 1 day and the world is falling down, shows how big a club we are. I'll be real worried when we sit in 10th place and no one bats an eyelid.

Yeah in inbetween those seasons we won the prem, What did you do that season?

Frodo
06-12-2019, 09:33 PM
Yeah in inbetween those seasons we won the prem, What did you do that season?

Finished better than 10th!!! Hahahaha.

StannyCFCJET
06-12-2019, 09:37 PM
Finished better than 10th!!! Hahahaha.

Id Rather win the league and have a few seasons of finishing 10th then just making up the numbers each year

baldrick
06-12-2019, 10:44 PM
It’s a bit of a shit time to be an Arsenal fan, for sure.

Bon
09-12-2019, 09:32 AM
A boss that used to look like Vyvyan from the Young Ones - you all fell for it like the fascists you are!

:lulzturtle:

Frodo
10-12-2019, 10:03 AM

How'd this go for you Stanny?

We are as close to your boys as we are to relegation, so by your own logic you should be nervous of us.. Is that correct?

Frodo
10-12-2019, 10:09 AM
That first half was the worst performance i've ever witnessed by an Arsenal team. I don't know what happened in the dressing room at half time but I would love to have the audio of either Freddie or Per ripping into to those soft cocks parading as Arsenal's 1st team.

That said, West Ham are somehow worse than us at defending it seems. Ozil absolutely carved them to shreds in the 2nd half. Declan Rice knocked a few million quid off his transfer fee with that performance.

Martinelli also has to be the best 18 year old footballer in the world right now. He's an absolute beast and he hasn't even got hairs on his chest yet. He was the one who led us that game, not Auba who i'm 100% happy to sell at the end of the season, and he was the one pushing West Ham back deeper and deeper.

Frodo
10-12-2019, 10:23 AM
No David Luiz = 3 points.

Guy is stealing a wage at our club.

boz-monaut
15-12-2019, 01:58 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/dec/14/arsenal-reminder-place-in-elite-for-granted

this article sums it up pretty well - not a lot to argue against I'm afraid

Frodo
15-12-2019, 03:39 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/dec/14/arsenal-reminder-place-in-elite-for-granted

this article sums it up pretty well - not a lot to argue against I'm afraid

We finished 5th last year and made it to a European final. This season we still could do the same. Where is the spiral? Stop watching AFTV Boz. This is the sort of nonsense i'd expect from SB or Stanny.

Also, just to make sure you don't think I'm just butthurt at this obvious potshot from the Guardian. Our long-term UEFA coeffecient is still the 8th highest, higher than Man City, Liverpool and Spurs.

So if they do create a super euro league we are the 3rd English team and 8th team overall to be invited.

We aren't in a spiral, this is just a transition period.

plague
15-12-2019, 03:55 PM
So if they do create a super euro league we are the 3rd English team

was Lester 1st or 2nd?

boz-monaut
15-12-2019, 08:17 PM
I admire your optimism

just out of interest, did you read the article I'd linked to?

StannyCFCJET
15-12-2019, 10:26 PM
We finished 5th last year and made it to a European final. This season we still could do the same. Where is the spiral? Stop watching AFTV Boz. This is the sort of nonsense i'd expect from SB or Stanny.

Also, just to make sure you don't think I'm just butthurt at this obvious potshot from the Guardian. Our long-term UEFA coeffecient is still the 8th highest, higher than Man City, Liverpool and Spurs.

So if they do create a super euro league we are the 3rd English team and 8th team overall to be invited.

The Arsenal delusion continues. The other stop 6 sides thank you

Frodo
16-12-2019, 12:41 AM
I admire your optimism

just out of interest, did you read the article I'd linked to?

Yes I did, and I've read similar articles over the last 6 months that just change the numbers and repeat. The majority of it is true but the overall message is wrong.

Frodo
16-12-2019, 12:42 AM
The Arsenal delusion continues. The other stop 6 sides thank you

Come back to me when you find a goal keeper to play for your team. Wasn't that a great way to spend £72 million?

StannyCFCJET
16-12-2019, 01:06 AM
Come back to me when you find a goal keeper to play for your team. Wasn't that a great way to spend £72 million?

Still better then yours

Frodo
16-12-2019, 02:38 AM
Still better then yours

Haha, a hope this is a laugh. Check some stats and see just how bad your guy is. My guy has to deal with the worst defence in the league and still looks world class, Kepa would have the worst saves/goals conceded ratio of any keeper bar Roberto (played a game or two for West Ham before getting dropped). Leno is our only top drawer, in form, walk into any side player right now. Unfortunately he's a keeper which means it's all going to shit everywhere else on the park.

StannyCFCJET
16-12-2019, 03:20 AM
Haha, a hope this is a laugh. Check some stats and see just how bad your guy is. My guy has to deal with the worst defence in the league and still looks world class, Kepa would have the worst saves/goals conceded ratio of any keeper bar Roberto (played a game or two for West Ham before getting dropped). Leno is our only top drawer, in form, walk into any side player right now. Unfortunately he's a keeper which means it's all going to shit everywhere else on the park.

Leno world class? Please only a team used to terrible goalkeepers would call Leno world class

Frodo
16-12-2019, 03:56 AM
Leno world class? Please only a team used to terrible goalkeepers would call Leno world class

Again Stanny, learn to read before you type.

Thanks, management.

Bremsstrahlung
16-12-2019, 04:33 AM
Was just about to come in here and wish you luck....
Was a minute too late

Frodo
16-12-2019, 05:29 AM
Was just about to come in here and wish you luck....
Was a minute too late

I predicted a 3-1 loss. I'm still on track.

Skirt Boy
16-12-2019, 09:22 PM
What a joke of a club.

Frodo
16-12-2019, 09:58 PM
What a joke of a club.

When Spuds sat 12th, no one bat an eyelid. Arsenal sit 10th and it's worst thing to happen to the club in 100 years.... Big club mentality.

Skirt Boy
16-12-2019, 10:55 PM
When Spuds sat 12th, no one bat an eyelid. Arsenal sit 10th and it's worst thing to happen to the club in 100 years.... Big club mentality.

It's more telling that Spurs could get a top grade manager in less than a day and Woolwich are still in caretaker mode.

StannyCFCJET
16-12-2019, 10:55 PM

Only from the fans and press. Not the people who run your club. Fans still attend games and buy merchandise. So they still make money

Frodo
16-12-2019, 11:02 PM
It's more telling that Spurs could get a top grade manager in less than a day and Woolwich are still in caretaker mode.

You got a bloke who failed at United and sat around for 6 months waiting for a phone call. The fact that he's walked in and fixed your issues shows just how mediocre Poch really was....

Frodo
16-12-2019, 11:07 PM
Only from the fans and press. Not the people who run your club. Fans still attend games and buy merchandise. So they still make money

There's not many fans at the Emirates at games lately. Fans have voted with their feet.

The club is just taking its time instead of settling on whoever is available. Replacing Wenger is a bit harder than replacing Poch.

Supposedly there was a 31 man shortlist the day he was sacked and there's been a few contenders fly in to have sit down talks.

Frodo
16-12-2019, 11:09 PM
Also, a club insider said the new manager has been selected and they are just sorting out terms/targets before announcing.

Most likely Arteta and they wanted to let him get through this game before final talks began.

Frodo
19-12-2019, 07:40 AM
For anyone still interested. Mikel Arteta will supposedly be announced to take over for the Everton game this week. 3.5 year deal. No idea about backroom staff.

There was talk of us resigning a scout that went to City as well as one of Pep's current assistants as well. There was a big rumour that Xabi Alonso would be his assistant but he said he will stay at the Real Sociedad B side until the end of the season at least.

Bremsstrahlung
23-12-2019, 02:16 AM
Can somebody give me the “id like to know but don’t care that much to research it myself” version of the whole AFTV feud?

Frodo
23-12-2019, 06:50 AM
So AFTV is a YouTube channel for fans to voice their opinions. The channel only gained popularity/notoriety once they club started to decline and the guys on the show began to rant more and more about how bad things are. So now they only seem to show that angry toxic side of the fan base where possible to get more views. Most of their viewers are other clubs fans who only watch it to laugh at our fanbase (basically stereotyping us into these bunch of angry dudes).

They are fairly well hated by the majority of fans for profiting off of our decline but they have gotten very popular. Even Auba, our supposed captain, invites one of them (Troopz) to his personal box for home games.

Now another section of fans is trying to get them kicked out of filming at games and basically arguing against them to show people that they aren't the true voices of the fans.

So, the fans are toxic right now, but AFTV are profiting off that toxicity and are trying to fuel it where possible, now other fans are trying to stop them from making it any worse so the toxicity can stop and the atmosphere at games can go back to the Wenger days.

Frodo
23-12-2019, 06:56 AM
https://youtu.be/g4nWVw6U0Lw

That's a compilation and there's not way you'll watch the entire thing. But if you skip through you can see the amount of shit that they talk and how they act like they are bigger than the club.

Side note, I effing hate them. I'd love to meet them to tell them to their faces to duck right off out of the club and go find some other team to trash talk each week.

Frodo
27-12-2019, 09:47 AM
Arteta-ball was much better on the eyes at least. Ozil was back on form which is superb, Torreira and Xhaka finally worked out how to play together. Can't believe how bad our finishing was tho. 60% possession with plenty of balls into the box, but low shot count is also classic Wenger ball coming back. Lacazette should hopefully be due a couple of goals on Sunday/Monday now that he missed so many this game.

Frodo
27-12-2019, 10:23 AM

Love EPL refs.

Frodo
02-01-2020, 09:53 AM
I love football again. We are the greatest team in the world again. Liverpool, here we come.

baldrick
02-01-2020, 12:59 PM
I love football again. We are the greatest team in the world again. Liverpool, here we come.

We’re gonna win the league

Jeterpool
02-01-2020, 01:08 PM
We’re gonna win the league

They've currently got more wins, more points and scored more goals than Liverpool this year....maybe you're right!

Frodo
07-01-2020, 11:00 AM
Undefeated all year. Easily the most in form team in world football. UCL champions of 2019/20 for sure.

baldrick
07-01-2020, 01:28 PM
Tbh I thought Leeds were pretty good in the first half. I didn’t see any of the second though

Frodo
07-01-2020, 01:50 PM
Tbh I thought Leeds were pretty good in the first half. I didn’t see any of the second though

Haven't actually watched the game yet. Heard Mikel game them a serve at halftime. Seemed to have worked. With Spuds losing 1-1 to Middlesbrough it was good to get through without a replay.

Jetmaster
07-01-2020, 03:25 PM
Leeds destroyed Arsenal in the first half with their passing game and had 15 shots - should have been out of sight by half time. Different Arsenal second half and also Leeds fell away - got the goal and that was that. Leeds will need a strikeforce if they come up next season on this viewing.

The fans were happy - even clapped Ozil off.

Frodo
07-01-2020, 08:33 PM
I know Leeds did well in the first half but those commentators were absolutely creaming their pants as if Leeds were the greatest side on earth. Danny Murphy was probably punching a hole in the table with his hate boner against us.

Considering it was our first game in a new formation and how quickly we changed things in the second half, I don't think that first half is anything worth worrying about.

Leeds do need a striker tho. Bamford won't get you goals in the EPL at this stage. Also, you can tell where/who Pep learnt positive fouling from.

MFKS
07-01-2020, 09:25 PM
I know Leeds did well in the first half but those commentators were absolutely creaming their pants as if Leeds were the greatest side on earth. Danny Murphy was probably punching a hole in the table with his hate boner against us.

Considering it was our first game in a new formation and how quickly we changed things in the second half, I don't think that first half is anything worth worrying about.

Leeds do need a striker tho. Bamford won't get you goals in the EPL at this stage. Also, you can tell where/who Pep learnt positive fouling from.

Leeds if they ever go up will no doubt strengthen

Don't forget with 40k support backing them every week if they stay up they will only get stronger at EPL level

Give them 3 to 4 years in the top flight and they gonna be back to Europa League level

Frodo
07-01-2020, 09:46 PM
Leeds if they ever go up will no doubt strengthen

Don't forget with 40k support backing them every week if they stay up they will only get stronger at EPL level

Give them 3 to 4 years in the top flight and they gonna be back to Europa League level

They only need like a 10-15 goal striker and they'll stay up easily.

MFKS
07-01-2020, 10:09 PM
They only need like a 10-15 goal striker and they'll stay up easily.

Problem is those guys don't grow on trees and the known quantities who do cost a shit load of pounds to sign

Frodo
07-01-2020, 10:19 PM
Problem is those guys don't grow on trees and the known quantities who do cost a shit load of pounds to sign

If they come up they'll be able to find one. Someone like Tammy Abraham omshould be looking for a new club by then.

MFKS
07-01-2020, 10:28 PM
If they come up they'll be able to find one. Someone like Tammy Abraham omshould be looking for a new club by then.

No it will take Chelsea another 2 to 3 years to realise he ain't good enough for them

Bremsstrahlung
08-01-2020, 08:01 AM
I’d like to see Leeds come up.
They are the Championships Liverpool. Full of promise, always fall short.

Frodo
08-01-2020, 08:17 AM
I’d like to see Leeds come up.
They are the Championships Liverpool. Full of promise, always fall short.

That can't be true, Leeds haven't spent anywhere near a comparative amount of money as Liverpool have to not win the league.

They are more like Tottenham, everyone loves them in the media but they fall apart come awards season. I think they call it "Argyrophobia", which is a fear of silverware.

Bon
08-01-2020, 09:26 AM
If they come up they'll be able to find one. Someone like Tammy Abraham should be looking for a new club by then.

No it will take Chelsea another 2 to 3 years to realise he ain't good enough for them

Love your work fellas, but Stanny's not gonna bite.. :gent:

MFKS
08-01-2020, 09:30 AM
Love your work fellas, but Stanny's not gonna bite.. :gent:

I didn't think we were trolling him

Just stating facts

StannyCFCJET
08-01-2020, 12:39 PM
Tammy stays for joining the list of Chelsea strikers who are good at putting Arsenal back in their place. Which is on the losing side of every game vs Chelsea

Bon
08-01-2020, 12:40 PM
Tammy stays for joining the list of Chelsea strikers who are good at putting Arsenal back in their place. Which is on the losing side of every game vs Chelsea

I was wrong...

MFKS
08-01-2020, 01:06 PM

Now if we were trolling Me and Frodo just pulled up at the boat ramp and the Fish jumped in the boat

StannyCFCJET
08-01-2020, 03:32 PM
I was wrong...

I'm starting facts. Not sure what they were doing. But nothing new there

Frodo
08-01-2020, 05:42 PM
I'm starting facts. Not sure what they were doing. But nothing new there
Mate, even Danny Ings has scored more goals than Tammy. Bloke is already a has-been.

Skirt Boy
08-01-2020, 07:56 PM
That can't be true, Leeds haven't spent anywhere near a comparative amount of money as Liverpool have to not win the league.

They are more like Tottenham, everyone loves them in the media but they fall apart come awards season. I think they call it "Argyrophobia", which is a fear of silverware.

Much prefer going out in a blaze of glory and get nothing than settling for the silver medal and complaining about Sir Alex

Frodo
08-01-2020, 08:10 PM
Much prefer going out in a blaze of glory and get nothing than settling for the silver medal and complaining about Sir Alex

Haha. I love it.

Frodo
19-01-2020, 07:39 AM
**** Mike Dean. I don't understand how he is still allowed to ref our games, he's clearly and openly hates us more than SB. No pen given for this.

https://streamable.com/qbs6t

(Can't work out how to Embed the GIF in my current state. Sorry)

MFKS
19-01-2020, 09:05 AM
**** Mike Dean. I don't understand how he is still allowed to ref our games, he's clearly and openly hates us more than SB. No pen given for this.

https://streamable.com/qbs6t

(Can't work out how to Embed the GIF in my current state. Sorry)

VAR is the bigger problem

You contrast with the penalty Topor conceeded last night

Both to the letter of law correct

1 given
1 denied

Blame.VAR

It ****ing the game

Frodo
19-01-2020, 09:11 AM
VAR is the bigger problem

You contrast with the penalty Topor conceeded last night

Both to the letter of law correct

1 given
1 denied

Blame.VAR

It ****ing the game

Yes, I admit VAR ****ed up. But I refuse to acknowledge it as anything more than a tool that teams can buy to aid their season. Anyone who thought VAR was going to have a positive effect on the league for all teams is an idiot. I hope it continues to screw up in the hopes that it costs someone a huge amount of money betting and the guys who actually own football kick it to the kerb, no matter how unlikely that is.

Mike Deans is my problem tho. He saw it, every other person on earth understands that you can't trip a player in the box, yet he decides that we don't deserve a penalty. I honestly reckon Tim Sherwood would be a less bias ref than Deans, and I truly mean that.

MFKS
19-01-2020, 09:56 AM
Yes, I admit VAR ****ed up. But I refuse to acknowledge it as anything more than a tool that teams can buy to aid their season. Anyone who thought VAR was going to have a positive effect on the league for all teams is an idiot. I hope it continues to screw up in the hopes that it costs someone a huge amount of money betting and the guys who actually own football kick it to the kerb, no matter how unlikely that is.

Mike Deans is my problem tho. He saw it, every other person on earth understands that you can't trip a player in the box, yet he decides that we don't deserve a penalty. I honestly reckon Tim Sherwood would be a less bias ref than Deans, and I truly mean that.

VAR is the problem here

Refs have always been poor

VAR is meant to correct the error

That is why it is there

It failed like it always does

StannyCFCJET
22-01-2020, 09:32 AM
Luiz 😂😂😂

Retro Jet
22-01-2020, 10:08 AM
Luiz 😂😂😂

Sometimes I think Arsensl are better without him.

Great come back Gunners.
10 men Frank...10 men. :rof:

StannyCFCJET
22-01-2020, 10:10 AM
Fair play to the Arse crazy game

Frodo
22-01-2020, 12:18 PM
Luiz ������

You misspelt Mustafi. He was the one who caused the Red card.

Frodo
22-01-2020, 12:22 PM
Can anyone explain to me why Luiz got the red as well, what was worse compared to every other last man tackle that only gets a Pen/Yellow, as per the new guidelines to avoid "triple jeopardy" on last man tackles? It wasn't a dangerous tackle at all, he was trying to win the ball at least as much as others do. If he gives Luiz a yellow and a pen to Chelsea noone would have been surprised. The red card and penalty is too much for that challenge IMO. Especially considering Mustafi was on the line to block any shot as well.

I know I'm hugely bias on this. But the refs just can't help ****ing us over as hard as they possibly can each week. Any chance to penalise or send us off they take with open arms. We get zero big 50-50 calls these days.

Jeterpool
22-01-2020, 12:28 PM
I interpreted it as a yellow card offence as well. Maybe I've also missed something.

StannyCFCJET
22-01-2020, 12:51 PM
Can anyone explain to me why Luiz got the red as well, what was worse compared to every other last man tackle that only gets a Pen/Yellow, as per the new guidelines to avoid "triple jeopardy" on last man tackles? It wasn't a dangerous tackle at all, he was trying to win the ball at least as much as others do. If he gives Luiz a yellow and a pen to Chelsea noone would have been surprised. The red card and penalty is too much for that challenge IMO. Especially considering Mustafi was on the line to block any shot as well.

I know I'm hugely bias on this. But the refs just can't help ****ing us over as hard as they possibly can each week. Any chance to penalise or send us off they take with open arms. We get zero big 50-50 calls these days.

That was always going to be a red. Abraham had a open goal pretty much

MFKS
22-01-2020, 12:51 PM

I think there is some policy in the EPL that all the favourable decisions go to 1 team in red each season

Every other team in red has to pay the price so it don't look so dodgy

MFKS
22-01-2020, 12:52 PM

He probably miss anyway

Frodo
22-01-2020, 01:04 PM

Open goal doesn't mean instant red cards anymore. They changed the rules to stop triple jeopardy for those fouls.

It's only when it's a bad foul or the player made no attempt at the ball. Like just grab their shirt from behind and drag them down when the goal is open. I don't know how the ref came to the conclusion of a red card, unless he just forgot the news rules which have been in affect since.... 2016!!

Frodo
22-01-2020, 01:05 PM
He probably miss anyway

Mustafi was a few feet away from the line and would have stopped anything other thanna very powerful front post shot. Luiz wasn't the last man at all.

Jeterpool
22-01-2020, 01:34 PM
Mustafi was a few feet away from the line and would have stopped anything other thanna very powerful front post shot. Luiz wasn't the last man at all.

You'd trust Mustafi to stop it successfully?

Frodo
22-01-2020, 01:42 PM
You'd trust Mustafi to stop it successfully?

It was only Tammy. But yeah, somehow he could have kicked into his own face and back into goal... Even if the ball was on the ground.

If you watch the foul aftermath, Mustafi actually clears the ball into Luiz's chest and it went back toward goal. Lol. So Luiz gets a red because of a Mustafi stuff up and to thank him, Mustafi boots the ball straight into him from 10 yards away.

baldrick
22-01-2020, 08:10 PM
I thought Luis probably should have only had a yellow card as well, so I googled the Law changes

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off.

http://theifab.com/laws/chapter/32/section/94/

Blooming Ref got it right

redwah
22-01-2020, 08:16 PM
I thought Luis probably should have only had a yellow card as well, so I googled the Law changes

That would be a first

StannyCFCJET
22-01-2020, 09:45 PM

As I said Red every day

Bremsstrahlung
22-01-2020, 09:57 PM
I think there is some policy in the EPL that all the favourable decisions go to 1 team in red each season

Every other team in red has to pay the price so it don't look so dodgy

:popcorn:

Frodo
23-01-2020, 06:06 AM

I still think he made as much of a play for the ball as 75% of other penalties that result in just a yellow+pen. I think the red card is super harsh, no one would have complained if a yellow+pen was given there.

Bremsstrahlung
23-01-2020, 07:17 AM
Idk what y’all whinging about.
Refs actually an Arsenal fan and knows you’re better without him.
It was inevitable that agent Luiz would ship them a couple of chances, ref just limited it to one.

baldrick
23-01-2020, 08:06 AM
I still think he made as much of a play for the ball as 75% of other penalties that result in just a yellow+pen. I think the red card is super harsh, no one would have complained if a yellow+pen was given there.

I was kinda hoping I’d find the ref f*cked it up, so I could say “We Was Robbed” again :lol:

Frodo
23-01-2020, 08:25 AM
So I'm mostly bitter because we've played Chelsea twice and on both occasions there was a big call that could have gone each way early on (Luiz red and Jorginho second yellow.) Chelsea received the benefit of both calls. By the letter of the law, both should have been sent off.

With different refs we could be 2 (or 5) points better off and Chelsea would only be 5 points ahead (or equal). That's a huge advantage when it comes to UCL qualification.

Although, I still think we might catch them. I'm pretty confident we'll finish 5th again this year.

The Dunster
23-01-2020, 09:12 AM
As I said Red every day

Penalty and a Yellow but not a red. If the same level of ridiculousness was applied on corners we'd see every defender sent off for holding and pushing.

Also, keeper is still in position and Chelsea player not guaranteed to beat him either.

Frodo
23-01-2020, 10:32 AM
Penalty and a Yellow but not a red. If the same level of ridiculousness was applied on corners we'd see every defender sent off for holding and pushing.

Also, keeper is still in position and Chelsea player not guaranteed to beat him either.

The first bit I agree 100%, if they were consistent, and the Luiz one is a red, they'd be sending a lot more people off for using hands/shoulders in the box than they currently do.

It was actually Mustafi who got back as cover. Leno was still on the edge of the 18 running back.

The Dunster
23-01-2020, 11:02 AM
It was actually Mustafi who got back as cover. Leno was still on the edge of the 18 running back.

Ok. Then that's a red I guess.

Frodo
30-01-2020, 08:08 AM
Just signed Pablo Mari from Flamengo, he's the bloke who pocketed Liverpool's front 3 in the club World cup. Obviously we're gonna win the league now. Sorry Liverpool, I don't make the rules.

MFKS
30-01-2020, 10:42 PM
Just signed Pablo Mari from Flamengo, he's the bloke who pocketed Liverpool's front 3 in the club World cup. Obviously we're gonna win the league now. Sorry Liverpool, I don't make the rules.

Unless you sign VAR you got no hope of competing with Liverpool

Bremsstrahlung
30-01-2020, 11:11 PM
Unless you sign VAR you got no hope of competing with Liverpool

You can do much better....surely

MFKS
30-01-2020, 11:20 PM
You can do much better....surely

Don't need to do much better

It more than enough

Bremsstrahlung
30-01-2020, 11:28 PM
Don't need to do much better

It more than enough

If you say so. Carry on.

Frodo
17-02-2020, 08:19 AM
I mean, just hand us the title now.

boz-monaut
17-02-2020, 09:34 AM
it is mathematically impossible for Arsenal to be handed the title now

Frodo
17-02-2020, 09:47 AM

Nonsense, you need to learn the rules of football Boz. The best teams wins the league. We are currently the best team and therefore will win the league.

Plus, points deductions. Durrr!

pv4
17-02-2020, 10:16 AM

You're discounting the possibility of the Panthers getting the measles.

Skirt Boy
18-02-2020, 12:22 AM
Nonsense, you need to learn the rules of football Boz. The best teams wins the league. We are currently the best team and therefore will win the league.

Plus, points deductions. Durrr!

Just bribe some FA officials. You have history.

Frodo
18-02-2020, 02:12 AM

This is the Arsenal thread. Silly SB, forgetting where he is.

StannyCFCJET
18-02-2020, 11:20 AM

More then History, pretty much the reason they became a thing

Frodo
18-02-2020, 11:57 AM
More then History, pretty much the reason they became a thing

Hahaha. Someone's a little butthurt they lost to United again?

StannyCFCJET
18-02-2020, 12:00 PM
Hahaha. Someone's a little butthurt they lost to United again?

Doesnt change the facts

Frodo
18-02-2020, 12:11 PM
Doesnt change the facts

You wouldn't have a clue what SB is talking about, firstly. Secondly, at the same time his "cheating" occurred, our owner argued to keep you're club in the league as well, at the expense of United, who'd actually been caught cheating at Xmas the previous year. So don't get on your high horse too quickly.

Plus Chelsea wasn't even a proper club until they sold their soul to the Russians. FFP was created because your club literally bought titles.

In football history, my club will be remembered for turning the EPL into the greatest comp in the world and forever changing the modern game when it truly opened up to the world, and yours will be remembered for dirty Russian money taken from an oppressed people and used to buy titles.

We are the greatest, suck it! Now where is the bloke delivering this title I asked for yesterday, it should have arrived by now. Stupid Amazon same day delivery is a joke.

Skirt Boy
18-02-2020, 10:39 PM
TL:DR

Don't go bringing me into your delusions of grandeur.

Frodo
21-02-2020, 10:13 AM
We are unstoppable baby.

The great Olympiacos, who've only lost at home to us and Bayern all season, couldn't handle a real EPL side.

Liverpool, we are coming for you!

Frodo
24-02-2020, 07:40 AM
I mean, are we ever going to lose a game again? I can't even remember the last time we lost a game of football. Must be years ago.

Skirt Boy
24-02-2020, 01:45 PM
I mean, are we ever going to lose a game again? I can't even remember the last time we lost a game of football. Must be years ago.

It's a shame that the experts feel that those suffering from mental delusions, visions and other associated conditions are better treated in the community. 20 years ago you would have been thrown in a straight jacket and placed in a padded room.