PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Frodo
24-02-2020, 01:49 PM
It's a shame that the experts feel that those suffering from mental delusions, visions and other associated conditions are better treated in the community. 20 years ago you would have been thrown in a straight jacket and placed in a padded room.

I mean, this is basically you agreeing with me. Welcome to the darkside SB.

baldrick
24-02-2020, 01:56 PM
I mean, are we ever going to lose a game again? I can't even remember the last time we lost a game of football. Must be years ago.

They might as well just give us the Premier League trophy already

Frodo
24-02-2020, 01:58 PM
They might as well just give us the Premier League trophy already

I can't see anyone else more deserving.

MFKS
28-02-2020, 10:55 AM
Aubameyang:rof:

What a waste of money

6 yards out dying seconds of injury time and the guy proves why he ain't at a big club

Frodo
28-02-2020, 01:00 PM
Aubameyang:rof:

What a waste of money

6 yards out dying seconds of injury time and the guy proves why he ain't at a big club

David Luiz still cost us the tie tho. I said at as soon as he arrived, but he's proving me right now, he's the worst defender to ever pull on an Arsenal shirt. Instead of heading the ball he just leaves it to their striker to score an easy tap in. Clearly oblivious to where his man is. Absolute trash player. Really hoping Mari starts this week and Luiz is never seen again.

StannyCFCJET
28-02-2020, 01:12 PM
David Luiz still cost us the tie tho. I said at as soon as he arrived, but he's proving me right now, he's the worst defender to ever pull on an Arsenal shirt. Instead of heading the ball he just leaves it to their striker to score an easy tap in. Clearly oblivious to where his man is. Absolute trash player. Really hoping Mari starts this week and Luiz is never seen again.

Worse then Senderos? or Squillaci?

Frodo
28-02-2020, 01:41 PM
Worse then Senderos? or Squillaci?

Easily. Those two actually tried, they were just not at the right level. This is the worst Arsenal team in 30 odd years and Luiz stil stands out as poor. Mustafi looks like Maldini compared to Luiz. Every week I pray for a Luiz injury to get him as far away from the first team as possible.

StannyCFCJET
28-02-2020, 01:46 PM
Easily. Those two actually tried, they were just not at the right level. This is the worst Arsenal team in 30 odd years and Luiz stil stands out as poor. Mustafi looks like Maldini compared to Luiz. Every week I pray for a Luiz injury to get him as far away from the first team as possible.

I think its more of a motivation problem across the whole squad.

Frodo
28-02-2020, 01:49 PM
I think its more of a motivation problem across the whole squad.

Nope, he is just trash. He was trash for you guys at the end, he was trash for PSG, he was trash for Brazil at the end. He's done. We got robbed.

We have other issues, but he is an easy fix. He adds nothing defensively.

StannyCFCJET
28-02-2020, 01:59 PM
Nope, he is just trash. He was trash for you guys at the end, he was trash for PSG, he was trash for Brazil at the end. He's done. We got robbed.

We have other issues, but he is an easy fix. He adds nothing defensively.

His last game for us was the 4-1 over you lads in the Europa league final and he was immense that day he was also pretty good almost all last season. Luiz always turns up in finals. If you want the best of him, Play him in midfield, less defensive duties more license to be creative and use his excellent passing range

Frodo
28-02-2020, 02:03 PM
His last game for us was the 4-1 over you lads in the Europa league final and he was immense that day he was also pretty good almost all last season. Luiz always turns up in finals. If you want the best of him, Play him in midfield, less defensive duties more license to be creative and use his excellent passing range

If we want the best of him we should sell him to a rival. He's trash, pure and simple trash. I wouldn't want him at the Jets, that's how rubbish he is.

MFKS
28-02-2020, 03:41 PM
If we want the best of him we should sell him to a rival. He's trash, pure and simple trash. I wouldn't want him at the Jets, that's how rubbish he is.

Can you imagine Boogaard and Luis at the back with Kanta screening

Be a contest between them to who can get booked sent and give away pens on a weekly basis

Frodo
28-02-2020, 05:58 PM
Also, people probably don't realise that Avram Papadopoulos, of Adelaide United fame, came off the bench for extra time and has now knocked Arsenal out of the Europa league.

Doesn't top spitting on Matt Simon, but it's still a big moment for him I'd guess.

Bremsstrahlung
01-03-2020, 02:26 PM
You guys letting Watford win on the last game day as thanks for keeping your invincible feat?

Frodo
01-03-2020, 07:07 PM
You guys letting Watford win on the last game day as thanks for keeping your invincible feat?

Depends if we are capable enough of winning it the first place, they just beat Liverpool and we are 9th! If we are somehow good by then we can think about giving the result away.

MFKS
01-03-2020, 07:20 PM
Also, people probably don't realise that Avram Papadopoulos, of Adelaide United fame, came off the bench for extra time and has now knocked Arsenal out of the Europa league.

Doesn't top spitting on Matt Simon, but it's still a big moment for him I'd guess.

He played for Roar and is that shit he not even good enough for the HAL

MFKS
11-03-2020, 01:08 PM
Game v Man City called off thanks to Corona

First of many I think

Frodo
11-03-2020, 05:12 PM
Game v Man City called off thanks to Corona

First of many I think

UCL and UEL looking likely to be postponed after this round of games as well.

Frodo
11-03-2020, 05:13 PM
Plus Serie A might be going to postpone and then have a playoff series for the Scudetto later on.

StannyCFCJET
11-03-2020, 06:26 PM
Might have to post pone Euros to finish seasons

Bremsstrahlung
11-03-2020, 06:56 PM
Cancel EPL.
No winners for the 2019/20 season

Frodo
11-03-2020, 07:59 PM
Cancel EPL.
No winners for the 2019/20 season

The main issue with cancelling the season is pro/rel. But feck it would be funny if they cancelled the season and didn't crown a winner. The world would never hear the end of it and I'm all for that salt, lol. (Their compliants would be legitimately, but still hilarious.)

MFKS
11-03-2020, 09:26 PM
The main issue with cancelling the season is pro/rel. But feck it would be funny if they cancelled the season and didn't crown a winner. The world would never hear the end of it and I'm all for that salt, lol. (Their compliants would be legitimately, but still hilarious.)

See the bit that blows my mind is I get the no crowd

But why can't they play behind closed doors??

After all it is a TV product anyway??

I don't get how 2 teams can't get together and play at empty stadiums

It ain't like the clubs won't be training every day whilst these comps are suspended anyway

The other part that I find an outright farce here is Liverpool are playing in the UCL 50kms down the road at the same time as this Man City Arsenal game was meant to be played

The glaring inconsistency in standards is mind blowing there

Frodo
11-03-2020, 10:09 PM
See the bit that blows my mind is I get the no crowd

But why can't they play behind closed doors??

After all it is a TV product anyway??

I don't get how 2 teams can't get together and play at empty stadiums

It ain't like the clubs won't be training every day whilst these comps are suspended anyway

The other part that I find an outright farce here is Liverpool are playing in the UCL 50kms down the road at the same time as this Man City Arsenal game was meant to be played

The glaring inconsistency in standards is mind blowing there

Arsenal played Olympiacos a week ago and their owner, who met our entire squad, had to be tested for Covis 19. That's why we weren't allowed to play. He got cleared today, and our game against Brighton is supposedly back on for the weekend.

Bremsstrahlung
12-03-2020, 06:42 AM
A good example of what happens when you read the headline and not the actual article.

Bon
12-03-2020, 09:09 AM
A good example of what happens when you read the headline and not the actual article.

:lulzturtle:

Frodo
13-03-2020, 01:56 PM
Head Coach Mikel Arteta has Covis 19. There goes the likelihood of our next few games being played.

MFKS
13-03-2020, 02:07 PM
I wouldn't worry

At the rate shit is going the EPL UCL HAL etc will be off in the next week or so anyway

StannyCFCJET
13-03-2020, 02:47 PM
How a Chelsea player has it.

Skirt Boy
13-03-2020, 02:53 PM
Head Coach Mikel Arteta has Covis 19. There goes the likelihood of our next few games being played.

Weak coach for a weak team.

I hope for a speedy recovery. This whole thing is one giant mess.

Frodo
13-03-2020, 02:53 PM
How a Chelsea player has it.

Hudson Odoi has it, yes.

StannyCFCJET
13-03-2020, 03:15 PM
Hudson Odoi has it, yes.

Yep and potentially 3 Leicester players who are being tested i heard

Jeterpool
13-03-2020, 03:50 PM
Yep and potentially 3 Leicester players who are being tested i heard

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51856906

Jetmaster
22-04-2020, 09:45 AM
:wtf:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/uefa-champions-league/the-sneaky-backdoor-route-that-would-see-arsenal-qualify-for-cl-despite-finishing-ninth/news-story/d817c1caa185485ad84c5edc1a5af35d

StannyCFCJET
22-04-2020, 11:55 AM

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/uefa-champions-league/the-sneaky-backdoor-route-that-would-see-arsenal-qualify-for-cl-despite-finishing-ninth/news-story/d817c1caa185485ad84c5edc1a5af35d

No chance, 100% no chance

baldrick
22-04-2020, 10:39 PM

Looks pretty good from my angle

Frodo
23-04-2020, 01:36 AM
No chance, 100% no chance

This is the entire reason they have coefficients, oh the perks of being an actual big club.

Skirt Boy
23-04-2020, 09:42 PM
This is the entire reason they have coefficients, oh the perks of being an actual big club.

I see you cunce are still needing to bribe the **** out of officials. Nice to see you haven't changed in 100 years.

**** off back to Woolwich and 2nd division where you belong.

Frodo
23-04-2020, 10:01 PM
I see you cunce are still needing to bribe the **** out of officials. Nice to see you haven't changed in 100 years.

Thanks SB, I was running low on salt in the kitchen and was hoping to avoid going to the shops. Cheers.

Skirt Boy
23-04-2020, 11:23 PM
Thanks SB, I was running low on salt in the kitchen and was hoping to avoid going to the shops. Cheers.

As the great great man Ljubo once said. "just keeping it real"

baldrick
24-04-2020, 07:37 PM

Frodo
25-04-2020, 08:01 AM
Hmmmm.

Just found out that Arsene Wenger has won more EPL matches as manager (476) than Spurs have (457) and Spurs have played an extra 239 games than Wenger managed.

Interesting.

StannyCFCJET
25-04-2020, 10:26 AM
Hmmmm.

Just found out that Arsene Wenger has won more EPL matches as manager (476) than Spurs have (457) and Spurs have played an extra 239 games than Wenger managed.

Interesting.

What is the difference in spending on quality players in the Epl?

Frodo
25-04-2020, 10:58 AM
What is the difference in spending on quality players in the Epl?

Don't worry, Chelsea definitely win that race by a country mile. Last time I read up Roman has helped you spend just over £2 billion on players.

For comparison, since 2010 Arsenal have spent like £730 million and Spuds spent about £625 million.

But yes Wenger has likely spent more on transfers than Spuds, but not as much as you are thinking. Spuds have had periods where they've signed some decent fees (07/08 they spent about £95 million on players, £70 mil net spend when we spent £30 million but a net profit of £25 mil after selling Henry and others)

StannyCFCJET
25-04-2020, 11:18 AM
Don't worry, Chelsea definitely win that race by a country mile. Last time I read up Roman has helped you spend just over £2 billion on players.

For comparison, since 2010 Arsenal have spent like £730 million and Spuds spent about £625 million.

But yes Wenger has likely spent more on transfers than Spuds, but not as much as you are thinking. Spuds have had periods where they've signed some decent fees (07/08 they spent about £95 million on players, £70 mil net spend when we spent £30 million but a net profit of £25 mil after selling Henry and others)

Henry went cheaply If I remember. Blew my mind back then

Frodo
25-04-2020, 12:11 PM
Henry went cheaply If I remember. Blew my mind back then

His Achilles was gone by then. Barca only got 1 proper season out of him on 08 when they won the treble with him at LW and that was really the end of him playing at the top level. So the value was probably fair for all involved.

Skirt Boy
25-04-2020, 03:21 PM
Hmmmm.

Interesting.

The devil is in the detail though. End of the day Wenger got the arse because Woolwich became an even bigger laughing stock of a club and are no longer top dog in London.

Frodo
25-04-2020, 04:34 PM
The devil is in the detail though. End of the day Wenger got the arse because Woolwich became an even bigger laughing stock of a club and are no longer top dog in London.

I'd rather be an underachieving top club like we are right now than an overachieving mid table side, not naming names.

But at least both our clubs weren't formed in 2003 by actual murderous communists.

Frodo
25-04-2020, 04:36 PM
Also, there's still plenty of gap to mind for you boys SB. Top clubs win trophies, so right now you are about level with West Ham and Palace in the tier of London clubs.

StannyCFCJET
25-04-2020, 04:37 PM
I'd rather be an underachieving top club like we are right now than an overachieving mid table side, not naming names.

But at least both our clubs weren't formed in 2003 by actual murderous communists.

But your an actual an overachieving mid table club and have been for over 5 years now.

Frodo
25-04-2020, 07:44 PM
But your an actual an overachieving mid table club and have been for over 5 years now.

:trolls:

One day you'll be considered a big club Stanny, likely when you can get a decent crowd at home games. Even West Ham get bigger crowds than you. Lol.

StannyCFCJET
25-04-2020, 08:34 PM
:trolls:

One day you'll be considered a big club Stanny, likely when you can get a decent crowd at home games. Even West Ham get bigger crowds than you. Lol.

And your crowd is full of tourists.

Frodo
25-04-2020, 09:24 PM
And your crowd is full of tourists.

Take a look at how long our waiting list for memberships are and then come back to me on that mate. Don't forget that we've been in the first division for 94 years now, a record, we have multi generation fans. We have history.

We'd have the largest fan base in London, followed very closely by Spurs, but I'd bet West Ham have more local fans than Chelsea do.

StannyCFCJET
25-04-2020, 10:15 PM
Take a look at how long our waiting list for memberships are and then come back to me on that mate. Don't forget that we've been in the first division for 94 years now, a record, we have multi generation fans. We have history.

We'd have the largest fan base in London, followed very closely by Spurs, but I'd bet West Ham have more local fans than Chelsea do.

Yeah you have history, Enjoy it. I prefer my club to continue to make history. And the emirates has no atmosphere. 100% mostly tourists and corporates. You sold your soul when you moved to that stadium and watching you and westham do it makes me kinda glad Chelsea have stopped their plans for a new stadium

Frodo
25-04-2020, 10:53 PM
Yeah you have history, Enjoy it. I prefer my club to continue to make history. And the emirates has no atmosphere. 100% mostly tourists and corporates. You sold your soul when you moved to that stadium and watching you and westham do it makes me kinda glad Chelsea have stopped their plans for a new stadium

Sorry, I didn't realise that you've been to the Emirates and asked the attendees, during the game because it's so quiet of course, if they are fans of the club or just on a bus tour of London sites or trying to network or whatever? Lol.

You'd be better off leaving this one for SB to reply to, I think he'll give it more justice than you can right now Stanny.

baldrick
26-04-2020, 12:30 PM
And the emirates has no atmosphere.

It was pretty friggin awesome when I went to a game there. Just sayin.

Skirt Boy
26-04-2020, 02:15 PM
Shit club, shit fans, shit stadium, had to bribe to get into 1st division, South London shitstains.

Bon
26-04-2020, 02:50 PM
Shit club, shit fans, shit stadium, had to bribe to get into 1st division, South London shitstains.

I'll tell you what.. Even if he's not correct, I'm loving your hatred SB.. Good to see a bit of passion coming from a Tottenham fan for once..

Aegon
29-04-2020, 08:30 PM
Now crowds make a big club?

https://talksport.com/football/580112/ranking-premier-league-atmosphere-home-stadium-worst-best/

St James Park it is

Frodo
18-06-2020, 08:26 AM
I don't know how many times I have to say it, but David Luiz is the worst person (I can't in good conscience call him a footballer) to ever pull on an Arsenal Jersey... And we have Piers Morgan as a fan FFS.

What an absolute flog the bloke is. At least this means we hopefully won't resign him next season and this nightmare is almost over.

boz-monaut
18-06-2020, 10:11 AM
as weird as it sounds, I wanted Arsenal to win today

in that way, I personally got to glimpse the torture that is having David Luiz on your side

for this brief moment, I feel your pain

StannyCFCJET
18-06-2020, 10:53 AM
David luiz cant do it all on his own, 10 other players didnt turn up today as well.

Bon
18-06-2020, 11:19 AM
David luiz cant do it all on his own, 10 other players didnt turn up today as well.

I see what you are saying Stanny, however, David Luiz didn't do anything for the entire second half due to being sent off..
So technically he didn't do anything on his own, except maybe have an early shower..

StannyCFCJET
18-06-2020, 11:55 AM
I see what you are saying Stanny, however, David Luiz didn't do anything for the entire second half due to being sent off..
So technically he didn't do anything on his own, except maybe have an early shower..

That's true but he seems to always be the scapegoat everytime everytime Arsenal lose with him playing. Sure he ****ed up today, but the bloke has won 3 European cups, 1 on one leg after not training for weeks so he can be a good player, Just needs good coaching and a good system

StannyCFCJET
18-06-2020, 11:57 AM
That's true but he seems to always be the scapegoat everytime everytime Arsenal lose with him playing. Sure he ****ed up today, but the bloke has won 3 European cups, 1 on one leg after not training for weeks so he can be a good player, Just needs good coaching and a good system

Look at what Conte did with Luiz before he left the prem

Frodo
18-06-2020, 01:16 PM

The bloke is 33 yrs of age, what is good coaching going to do for him?

He may have had 3 good seasons out of the 15 odd years he's had a professional, but overall he's an absolute flog. But it's ok, it's almost all over now.

Also you blokes are criminal these days, you managed to convince teams to pay you cash money for David Luiz, Diego Costa the 2nd time round and that fat bloke who's scored 1 goal all season in a team full of galacticos.

I felt bad when Liverpool paid us £40 odd million for Oxlade Chamberlain, but you guys are way too harsh charging fees for those 3 at all, let alone how big some of the fees were.

StannyCFCJET
18-06-2020, 01:22 PM
The bloke is 33 yrs of age, what is good coaching going to do for him?

He may have had 3 good seasons out of the 15 odd years he's had a professional, but overall he's an absolute flog. But it's ok, it's almost all over now.

Also you blokes are criminal these days, you managed to convince teams to pay you cash money for David Luiz, Diego Costa the 2nd time round and that fat bloke who's scored 1 goal all season in a team full of galacticos.

I felt bad when Liverpool paid us £40 odd million for Oxlade Chamberlain, but you guys are way too harsh charging fees for those 3 at all, let alone how big some of the fees were.

Look at Italy plenty of old blokes still going strong and the word is Business savy not criminal. You want something from us? Then prepare to pay over the odds. Were also about to get 50mil from Morata. Plenty of clubs wish they had people like Roman, Marina and Bruce Buck running their clubs

pv4
18-06-2020, 01:49 PM

Look, watching the game, it is fair to say 9 others didn't turn up (because Leno actually did turn up), but it is hard not to put a massive amount of blame on Luiz.

City are a fantastic team but within reason were being held out by Arsenal (inc Luiz, to his credit). For a good 10 mins leading up to the first goal, it did honestly feel like it was only a matter of time before City scored. But they didn't. Until a minute before half time, Luiz performs what I find fair to describe as a lazy, non-caring, unphased and completely inexcusably lack of professional football ability move that lead directly to City's goal. Scoreline, and mentally, that crippled Arsenal.

Then the penalty - again it was inexcusable from Luiz to even let Mahrez get in behind him to begin with but then all the rest of it. You can't more directly blame him for 2 goals. Plus sending his team down a man.

Arsenal never really looked like winning, Ian Wright in commentary pointed out perfectly at half time that unless Arsenal showed intent to get Auba and/or Saka the ball there was no chance they'd threaten in any way (which included Luiz not getting them the ball, fyi). But for what was a hang in there, competitive fixture that had more substitutions than normal so Arsenal can't even fully blame their two early subs, it is hard not to put a big massive target on Luiz here - even moreso taking into context. Commentary again, Michael Owen also pointed out that whilst Luiz is obviously a good footballer he can't remember anyone making as many massive errors in a consistent manner as him - and even said this should be the last Arsenal see of him in a game.

StannyCFCJET
18-06-2020, 01:55 PM
Look, watching the game, it is fair to say 9 others didn't turn up (because Leno actually did turn up), but it is hard not to put a massive amount of blame on Luiz.

City are a fantastic team but within reason were being held out by Arsenal (inc Luiz, to his credit). For a good 10 mins leading up to the first goal, it did honestly feel like it was only a matter of time before City scored. But they didn't. Until a minute before half time, Luiz performs what I find fair to describe as a lazy, non-caring, unphased and completely inexcusably lack of professional football ability move that lead directly to City's goal. Scoreline, and mentally, that crippled Arsenal.

Then the penalty - again it was inexcusable from Luiz to even let Mahrez get in behind him to begin with but then all the rest of it. You can't more directly blame him for 2 goals. Plus sending his team down a man.

Arsenal never really looked like winning, Ian Wright in commentary pointed out perfectly at half time that unless Arsenal showed intent to get Auba and/or Saka the ball there was no chance they'd threaten in any way (which included Luiz not getting them the ball, fyi). But for what was a hang in there, competitive fixture that had more substitutions than normal so Arsenal can't even fully blame their two early subs, it is hard not to put a big massive target on Luiz here - even moreso taking into context. Commentary again, Michael Owen also pointed out that whilst Luiz is obviously a good footballer he can't remember anyone making as many massive errors in a consistent manner as him - and even said this should be the last Arsenal see of him in a game.

Yeah everything you said is spot on but Arteta needs to figure out how to get Luiz focused and playing well because if you want to win anything this season or qualify for the UCL, Then simple facts Luiz has to be in your team.

Frodo
18-06-2020, 02:26 PM
Yeah everything you said is spot on but Arteta needs to figure out how to get Luiz focused and playing well because if you want to win anything this season or qualify for the UCL, Then simple facts Luiz has to be in your team.

No he doesn't. Tierney hasn't played CB in like 6 years or something and looked better than Luiz. I would trust Ballard or Medley, 2 kids you don't even know exist, from our academy rather than trust Luiz ever again. Luiz has been in our team for a single season and since I started watching this club over 20 years ago we've never played worse and never finished as low in the table as we will this season. I'm quite happy to blame Luiz for our season more than Emery now.

Don't forget, he was dropped for Mari, a loan signing from Brazil, before Covid and was benched again today. Honestly, I'm happy that we lost that game purely on his shoulders cause now there is zero chance the club resigns him. Pep just saved us next season with that touch up.

StannyCFCJET
22-06-2020, 10:56 AM
No Luiz, Who can you guys blame now?

boz-monaut
24-06-2020, 06:34 PM
David Luiz extends his Arsenal contract until the end of 2020-21 season (https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/23/arsenal-goalkeeper-bernd-leno-knee-injury-not-as-serious-as-feared-training-four-six-weeks)

this is the best news non-Arsenal fans have had in ages - another season of champagne comedy

Bremsstrahlung
24-06-2020, 06:37 PM
Hahahahhaha
Why?

Frodo
24-06-2020, 08:09 PM
I'm going to find every single person involved in his deal and I'm going to ask them every single day via email, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc why they wanted to turn this once great club into a fricking clown car with a badge on the front?

I don't think I've ever been this angry before. I want everyone to mock the shit out of this club. Cause I'm gonna join in for as long as he is here.

This is officially the point that I want Arteta to get sacked. He has a say in all deals and he ok'd it. So I want him gone. I want Raul, Edu and Kia gone. I want us to lose every single game that Luiz plays in. I will laugh at his stupid Chelsea loving face everytime he costs the club points next season.

This deal also officially means that we are a mid table side. There is no more big 6, it's a big 4 plus Leicester, Wolves and maybe Everton next year. The rest are either mid table or relegation candidates.

boz-monaut
24-06-2020, 08:26 PM
this makes me feel like reading Fever Pitch again

boz-monaut
24-06-2020, 08:29 PM
https://twitter.com/i/status/1275688108818944005

boz-monaut
28-06-2020, 04:04 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/27/kia-joorabchians-growing-influence-arsenal-identity-crisis

doesn't make good reading for Arsenal supporters - barrel of laughs for the rest of us however

Frodo
28-06-2020, 05:23 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/27/kia-joorabchians-growing-influence-arsenal-identity-crisis

doesn't make good reading for Arsenal supporters - barrel of laughs for the rest of us however

I dislike the bloke because he was the one who convinced the club to sign Luiz. But with only 2 clients of his on our books, this stuff is just click bait. We have plenty of actual issues at the club to laugh at, why do they feel the need to talk about this? Look at United with Raiola, Wolves with Mendes, etc. They are more linked with a single agent than us.

Plus, we've paid £11k on agents fees in 2020 compared to £30k+ for Liverpool and City and £27k for United. I think plenty of clubs have issues with Agents besides us.

boz-monaut
28-06-2020, 08:32 PM
it's still mathematically possible that Arsenal will be relegated this season

Frodo
28-06-2020, 09:54 PM
it's still mathematically possible that Arsenal will be relegated this season

I think it's also still possible that we can finish 2nd. Or at least it was before the Brighton loss.

Basically, Liverpool have done well, everyone else had a shocker of a year. It hasn't been a very good season overall, lots of big sides playing poorly, lots of mid table sides buying poorly.

Frodo
28-06-2020, 09:57 PM
No one needs to trolls Arsenal fans, your club does enough of that for everyone

We better keep these sorts of comments in here Stanny. Turns out if we say anything remotely funny or negative in the Liverpool thread we get threatened with Bans. The absolute state of this place, lol.

Wanna buy a totally world class Brazilian CB with a ridiculous haircut for cheap? His name is Davod Louis. He'll definitely win you heaps of games...

StannyCFCJET
28-06-2020, 10:16 PM
We better keep these sorts of comments in here Stanny. Turns out if we say anything remotely funny or negative in the Liverpool thread we get threatened with Bans. The absolute state of this place, lol.

Wanna buy a totally world class Brazilian CB with a ridiculous haircut for cheap? His name is Davod Louis. He'll definitely win you heaps of games...

If take Luiz back anytime as a back up. Anyone from that night in Munich is welcome at the bridge anytime

Frodo
28-06-2020, 10:23 PM
If take Luiz back anytime as a back up. Anyone from that night in Munich is welcome at the bridge anytime

We will literally pay you money to take him back into your squad, haha.

He's had 2 red cards, given away 4 penalties and been at fault for another 3 or 4 goals directly this season.

He's the worst player to ever pull on our beautiful jersey. Either he's been sent to us by Frank to wreck the place from the inside or he's just the absolute worst.

Frodo
29-06-2020, 01:03 AM
VARsenal with the absolute cupset there. 3 calls went our way and Sheffield were all over us for the majority of the 2nd half.

Very lucky win there.

In somewhat good news, Luiz went down injured. So he won't be starting in the league this week at least.

StannyCFCJET
29-06-2020, 05:55 AM
We will literally pay you money to take him back into your squad, haha.

He's had 2 red cards, given away 4 penalties and been at fault for another 3 or 4 goals directly this season.

He's the worst player to ever pull on our beautiful jersey. Either he's been sent to us by Frank to wreck the place from the inside or he's just the absolute worst.

Worst player? I doubt it.

Frodo
29-06-2020, 07:56 AM
Worst player? I doubt it.

As in, given his form for us since he arrived. I promise you he's been the worst. He may have had a few good years for you, but he's been an absolute train wreck for us, the worst I've ever witnessed. And I lived through the banter years.

Frodo
29-06-2020, 08:02 AM
Also, we get to play City at Wembley so there goes the FA cup route into Europe. Bugger.

And to make things worse, in the league after we play Norwich, our run is Wolves away, Leicester, Spuds away and then Liverpool..3 points from a potential 15 ain't bad is it?

StannyCFCJET
29-06-2020, 08:30 AM
As in, given his form for us since he arrived. I promise you he's been the worst. He may have had a few good years for you, but he's been an absolute train wreck for us, the worst I've ever witnessed. And I lived through the banter years.

He was your best defender from January until the lockdown according to alot of talk I've seen from Arsenal fans on Twitter and comments from Arteta

Bremsstrahlung
29-06-2020, 08:58 AM
I’m with Frodo, he’s rubbish.
I’d be claiming that if I were you though Stanny. Unless you want him back. In which case, I’d be more than happy.
Much like when we sold you a dud in Torres.

Frodo
29-06-2020, 09:21 AM
He was your best defender from January until the lockdown according to alot of talk I've seen from Arsenal fans on Twitter and comments from Arteta

We've been somewhere between 8th and 12th on the ladder all season. Chambers doing his ACL and Holding struggling to recover from his has meant we've had to rely on Luiz, Mustafi and Papa all season. the fact that this is our worst season in 25 years shows you how well that's gone for us.

Luiz has personally cost us somewhere around 18-24 points with individual errors. 2 red cards against top 6 sides, 4 penalties during losses and another 3 or 4 direct assists to opposition goals. Mustafi has been our best defender this season according to all the fans I've spoken to, or read posts from. And we want him sold straight away and Holding into the starting lineup whenever fit. Being the best anything at Arsenal this year isn't much of a compliment.

Frodo
02-07-2020, 09:46 AM
We are mathematically safe from Relegation after the results this morning.

traffic light
14-07-2020, 03:23 PM
We are mathematically safe from Relegation after the results this morning.

Normally wouldnt do this but a reply for this jealous gunner grub who whines like a retard at other teams success. You earned it.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/10/10/12089986-0-image-m-12_1554888192095.jpg

now get back to giving your nanna the daily hand job.

StannyCFCJET
14-07-2020, 07:21 PM
Normally wouldnt do this but a reply for this jealous gunner grub who whines like a retard at other teams success. You earned it.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/10/10/12089986-0-image-m-12_1554888192095.jpg

now get back to giving your nanna the daily hand job.

But but they were undefeated a few years ago

Frodo
14-07-2020, 08:24 PM
PV4 or Baldrick, have either of you two been hanging around schools insulting 5th graders? I think this kid has a problem with you.

Also, how do you give your Nanna a hand job? I think you need to wait until you start high school and learn a little bit of Biology before coming up with those sick burns next time, kid. Lmao.

Frodo
14-07-2020, 08:26 PM
But but they were undefeated a few years ago

Yes, we were. And it was marvelous. I can't even remember if Chelsea were in the premier league that year tho? Roman hadn't purchased you yet, so there's no real records of the club's existence at that time for me to check, sorry.

baldrick
14-07-2020, 09:48 PM
PV4 or Baldrick, have either of you two been hanging around schools insulting 5th graders? I think this kid has a problem with you.

Erm, no.

Bon
15-07-2020, 09:48 AM

Also, how do you give your Nanna a hand job? I think you need to wait until you start high school and learn a little bit of Biology before coming up with those sick burns next time, kid. Lmao.

:lulzturtle:

Frodo
19-07-2020, 07:55 AM
Wasn't expecting that was I...

What is even happening right now. I thought we were rubbish? Stop beating big teams Liverpool and City and losing to the small ones like Brighton or Spuds!!!

baldrick
19-07-2020, 10:46 AM
The annoying thing is we go win the FA Cup, it could then be considered (by some*) a successful season.

*not me..

StannyCFCJET
19-07-2020, 11:04 AM
The annoying thing is we go win the FA Cup, it could then be considered (by some*) a successful season.

*not me..

Its Wenger kept his job isn't it?

Frodo
19-07-2020, 02:08 PM
Its Wenger kept his job isn't it?

It's called the For Arsene Cup for a reason.

StannyCFCJET
20-07-2020, 01:08 PM
See you in the final. Giroud to score the winner

goaliepersempre
20-07-2020, 05:59 PM
Just realised that the Tuesday Club is back :)

Frodo
24-07-2020, 11:14 AM
Our kits are always superb. F&CK we make mediocre look good.

https://i.redd.it/vokmmgmqinc51.jpg

https://i.redd.it/r4fdvxkypkc51.jpg

StannyCFCJET
01-08-2020, 05:19 PM
Feelings on the game tonight lads?

Bluebeard
01-08-2020, 08:32 PM
Comfortable Chelsea win 3-0

Tommyjet
02-08-2020, 10:25 AM
We needed some luck and got it.

StannyCFCJET
02-08-2020, 11:06 AM
We needed some luck and got it.

You outplayed us. Fair play.

Jetmaster
02-08-2020, 11:23 AM
As a neutral...pfft. But it is the way the game is these days. The BLMNHS Heads Up Cup......

ESPNs ad laden coverage, horrid Arsenal kit (that font is cringe worthy), softest fouls, constant stoppages, diving, time wasting, a pointless presentation ceremony and some thickwit having no idea the FA Cup has a plinth and drops the most precious trophy in football on the ground bringing much mirth to oneself.

Positives...a couple of nice goals.

Tommyjet
02-08-2020, 01:42 PM
You outplayed us. Fair play.

From the 15-20min mark yeah we did. The luck I mean is the 2 hammys and the very questionable second yellow

StannyCFCJET
02-08-2020, 01:55 PM
From the 15-20min mark yeah we did. The luck I mean is the 2 hammys and the very questionable second yellow

Shoudlve also been a yellow to Xhaka as well for Kova's 1st yellow and a red card for your keeper but thats football. We didnt deserve the win so thats that

Frodo
02-08-2020, 08:30 PM
Shoudlve also been a yellow to Xhaka as well for Kova's 1st yellow and a red card for your keeper but thats football. We didnt deserve the win so thats that

I've got heaps of sympathy for the injuries, never like to see it happen to anyone. Pulisic going off ruined your entire game plan in attack it seemed. The second yellow was also completely rubbish, Taylor had a shocker.

I will clarify that the first tackle from him, he came through Xhaka's standing leg towards the ball. Can't complain about a yellow there. You're allowed to step in front of the ball and shield it, can't go through the player to win it.

They also showed replays of the Emi incident and it was in the box, VAR checked it and confirmed during the game as well. I can send the clip if need be, buy definitely no handle outside the box there, they showed the replay on all the post game talk segments.

That was a very fortunate/lucky win. Going off our current run-ins (2-1 wins with a red card each time) we'll see you in the Europa League final next year and lose 4-0, lol.

StannyCFCJET
02-08-2020, 08:50 PM
I've got heaps of sympathy for the injuries, never like to see it happen to anyone. Pulisic going off ruined your entire game plan in attack it seemed. The second yellow was also completely rubbish, Taylor had a shocker.

I will clarify that the first tackle from him, he came through Xhaka's standing leg towards the ball. Can't complain about a yellow there. You're allowed to step in front of the ball and shield it, can't go through the player to win it.

They also showed replays of the Emi incident and it was in the box, VAR checked it and confirmed during the game as well. I can send the clip if need be, buy definitely no handle outside the box there, they showed the replay on all the post game talk segments.

That was a very fortunate/lucky win. Going off our current run-ins (2-1 wins with a red card each time) we'll see you in the Europa League final next year and lose 4-0, lol.

There are photos of ball outside box with keeper with ball outside of box. But in regards to the 1st yellow should've been yellow to both players. Both were late and reckless. Seeing Azpi in tears was tough to watch

Frodo
02-08-2020, 09:10 PM
There are photos of ball outside box with keeper with ball outside of box. But in regards to the 1st yellow should've been yellow to both players. Both were late and reckless. Seeing Azpi in tears was tough to watch

There was a fake picture put out, even got a heap of us Arsenal supporters are first. But the slow Mo footage shown on the TV shows is what I'm talking about.

Frodo
03-08-2020, 09:31 AM
This one of your mates Stanny?

https://www.change.org/p/the-fa-stop-anthony-taylor-from-officiating-a-chelsea-match?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_23843346_en-GB%3A3&recruited_by_id=7199af40-d49e-11ea-a131-af4aeb42ab23&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&utm_term=share_petition&share_bandit_exp=skip-23843346-en-GB

StannyCFCJET
03-08-2020, 10:03 AM
This one of your mates Stanny?

https://www.change.org/p/the-fa-stop-anthony-taylor-from-officiating-a-chelsea-match?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_23843346_en-GB%3A3&recruited_by_id=7199af40-d49e-11ea-a131-af4aeb42ab23&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&utm_term=share_petition&share_bandit_exp=skip-23843346-en-GB
Think its kovacic

goaliepersempre
05-08-2020, 04:51 PM
and now the spuds need to go through 3 rounds of playoffs for europe hehe....

It was a cup final, after the first drinks break arsenal reacted bloody well and thats where the first change of the game was along with pulisic injury.

Typcial cup final anything can happen.

Frodo
27-08-2020, 01:53 PM
I hope the Scouser kids on here are shaking in their boots about the Community Shield.

I mean other than the fact that our only options at CM for this game are Xhaka, Elneny and Willock, we should be favourites. Lmao. Just hope they move the advertising hoardings far enough back so Gomez doesn't break any more players arms this off season.

Frodo
30-08-2020, 07:29 AM
So we all agreed that the Community Shield is the most important trophy of them all right? It's like the Super Cup but better?

Small tidbit, since 2011 Arsenal have played 15 games at Wembley and only lost once (2018 league cup final to City.) Not bad a record considering it's some smaller clubs dream to even play there. I always appreciate when we go to Wembley, love coming home with silverware as well. Auba didn't even drop this one, lol.

baldrick
30-08-2020, 07:45 PM
We’re going to win the league !

redwah
31-08-2020, 09:05 PM

You forgot the “a”

baldrick
13-09-2020, 12:36 PM

I hate to quote myself; but yeah

Bremsstrahlung
13-09-2020, 12:50 PM
You guys looked good. Looked fit and mobile. First time I’ve watched Auba, he gives you guys a dangerous outlet. Pepe v willian will be an interesting development if they only going to play RW.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Fulham go back down. Looked bamboozled.

boz-monaut
13-09-2020, 12:55 PM
Arsenal top of the table from July to September - who would have predicted it?

StannyCFCJET
13-09-2020, 02:38 PM
Willian will be 1st choice. Arteta seems like a smart bloke and will not want to risk a sulking Willian disrupting the squad which he's done at Chelsea the few times he's not been 1st choice

baldrick
07-12-2020, 07:29 PM
It’s not going well :facepalm:

Frodo
07-12-2020, 09:26 PM
It’s not going well :facepalm:

Don't worry, Roy Keane was right when he said we have too good a squad to go down. So, I'm not too worried right now. Just need to really take our time with the next manager and find someone good enough to justify backing long term. Unai Emery should have been financially backed like Mikel has been and given another year if they didn't have a qualified manager ready to come in.

StannyCFCJET
07-12-2020, 09:39 PM
Don't worry, Roy Keane was right when he said we have too good a squad to go down. So, I'm not too worried right now. Just need to really take our time with the next manager and find someone good enough to justify backing long term. Unai Emery should have been financially backed like Mikel has been and given another year if they didn't have a qualified manager ready to come in.

No squad is too good to go down, Arteta is out of his depth and has a board who doesn't really ever back managers and haven't really backed him (He wanted Aouar I believe), He also has a squad which is close to the weakest mentally in the league. If your not seriously concerned about your league form or position then your head is buried in the sand

Frodo
08-12-2020, 10:09 PM
No squad is too good to go down, Arteta is out of his depth and has a board who doesn't really ever back managers and haven't really backed him (He wanted Aouar I believe), He also has a squad which is close to the weakest mentally in the league. If your not seriously concerned about your league form or position then your head is buried in the sand

Arteta was the first manager financially backed by KSE from their own pockets ever. So yes, he was backed.

We are two wins off a European spot whilst also being 7 points from relegation spots. It's been less than a 3rd of the season, so I'm not too worried. The top of the table is a good way to show how ridiculous this season has been so far. Spuds are sitting in first with the same squad that looks likely to be knocked out of the Europa league next week, Southampton are top 6, Villa could be 4th if they win their games in hand, Liverpool are in a full blown crisis and are still in 2nd place. United are looking at sacking Ole even though they could be 3rd if they win their game in hand. Heck Barcelona are supposedly 3 points off relegation right now.

Arteta will get sacked eventually, but until the board sorts out the structure above him there's no point getting anyone new in just yet. Sack Edu, sign Rangnick to run things and then let him find a new manager. We will have to spend so long getting rid of the deadwood like Willian (and probably Auba now) from the books that we won't be competing for the UCL.

At season's end the following players are leaving which is great news tho.

Luiz.
Mustafi.
Ozil.
Sokratis.
Ceballos goes back to Real.

That's a fair bit of deadwood removed straight away, not to mention about £33 million in wages freed up.

Bremsstrahlung
08-12-2020, 10:16 PM
Do you guys all shout oezil a party for finally pissing off?
FMD that was a long contract.

On behalf of everyone else, sure Luiz doesn’t deserve another contract......? Please?

Frodo
08-12-2020, 11:52 PM
Do you guys all shout oezil a party for finally pissing off?
FMD that was a long contract.

On behalf of everyone else, sure Luiz doesn’t deserve another contract......? Please?

Not long, just expensive and Emery/Arteta couldn't work how to utilise his skills. If Ozil was in our squad right now we wouldn't be in the position we are on the table, but that is saying very little about Ozil cause we stink right now.

But, he should have been a lesson in not offering ridiculous contracts to aging stars. It's a lesson we didn't learn when we then gave Auba and Willian their retirement packages and let them setup shop in our first team offering absolutely nothing in attack this year. Terrible pieces of business again it looks like.

Between those deals, Cedric Soares, Luiz's extension last season and not selling a few players we had offers for so that we could afford Auour, Edu needs to be sacked almost immediately. Get someone with their head screwed on to start work on the January window before it gets any worse and we make anymore poor decisions.

StannyCFCJET
09-12-2020, 12:00 AM
Hasnt Ozil been sidelined for the China stuff?

Frodo
09-12-2020, 07:51 AM
Hasnt Ozil been sidelined for the China stuff?

He wasn't given a squad number for the EPL or the Europa by Mikel, completely frozen out by the club. So he's been playing Fortnite, tweeting everytime we lose and laughing at how comically bad Willian is and how out of his depth Arteta looks. So basically he'll either find a new club in January or he'll wait until the end of the season when his deal runs out. Good way to earn £350k a week if you can get it I guess.

StannyCFCJET
09-12-2020, 12:32 PM
Yeah was frozen out cause he bagged China who have Arsenal have sponsors in I heard

Frodo
10-12-2020, 08:28 AM
Yeah was frozen out cause he bagged China who have Arsenal have sponsors in I heard

That's a small part of it, but not the biggest thing that's happened since he signed that deal.

baldrick
14-12-2020, 07:19 PM
It’s a good thing Ive got the Jets to support for my positive football experiences.

redwah
14-12-2020, 07:28 PM
It’s a good thing Ive got the Jets to support for my positive football experiences.

I’ve heard that before somewhere

baldrick
14-12-2020, 08:24 PM
I’ve heard that before somewhere

I’ve said it a lot lately.

Frodo
15-12-2020, 08:42 PM
Willian has played 799 minutes in the premier league for Arsenal.

He's had 1 single shot on target in that entire time.

Lmao. What a player he is. Great signing he's turned out to be, I wonder who could have seen that coming ..

StannyCFCJET
15-12-2020, 09:55 PM
Willian has played 799 minutes in the premier league for Arsenal.

He's had 1 single shot on target in that entire time.

Lmao. What a player he is. Great signing he's turned out to be, I wonder who could have seen that coming ..

We warned you and now your stuck with no option but to start him cause you can't risk his disruptive behaviour

Frodo
16-12-2020, 09:31 AM
We warned you and now your stuck with no option but to start him cause you can't risk his disruptive behaviour

Lmao, what could he possibly disrupt right now? Haha.

There's reports the club has already offered him to clubs in La Liga. Real Betis might be taking him on loan in January and then sign him for next to nothing at season's end.

There's also rumours that his super agent organised minimum appearance clauses in his deal, but not been proven yet. Hopefully he goes with Arteta in January and we can forget we ever got fleeced by his agent... Who also fleeced the club with the Luiz deal... And the Cedric Soares 4 year deal for a 29 yr old backup, lol.

Bremsstrahlung
16-12-2020, 10:17 AM
I’d be seeing what kind of payments that agent is getting from Chelsea. FMD. Luiz and Willian both getting gigs.
Hook him up with the Jets, we can do with some overpriced, overpaid, underperforming players.

Frodo
16-12-2020, 11:27 AM
I’d be seeing what kind of payments that agent is getting from Chelsea. FMD. Luiz and Willian both getting gigs.
Hook him up with the Jets, we can do with some overpriced, overpaid, underperforming players.

Everyone outside of Edu and Arteta are currently gunning for him (pun intended) and his dodgy deals. We sacked some of the best scouts on England in order to enrich some agent mate of our DoF. Arteta isn't a real manager, but he's not the real issue at the club. Once fans are allowed back and KSE gets a real idea of how bad things are they'll have no choice but to ship them all out and start again...again.

Interestingly, Kia the dodgy agent was the one who started the negotiations between Vladimir Abramovich and Chelsea. So clearly he is a trustworthy fellow.

Frodo
17-12-2020, 11:02 AM
We scored from open play.... In the correct goal this time. Give Arteta the contract extension now.

baldrick
21-12-2020, 08:18 PM
:thumbsup:

Its all going very well.

furns
21-12-2020, 08:20 PM
At this rate I think the Fiesta is going to end up on fire and driven into the Thames by that bloke from AFTV

Bremsstrahlung
21-12-2020, 08:28 PM
Will Arteta see 2021?
Or will they give him til end of January? January full of winnable fixtures.

Frodo
21-12-2020, 10:45 PM
Will Arteta see 2021?
Or will they give him til end of January? January full of winnable fixtures.

According to reports they've told the him he won't be sacked yet and that he will be financially backed to rebuild the squad in January. Mikel himself said the squad was terrible a week ago which got back to the squad, hence why the players have given up playing for him. Things will definitely get uglier over the next month or two it looks like.

A relegation battle could be fun, I've never witnessed one for a club I followed.

baldrick
27-12-2020, 08:11 AM
We’re gonna win the league !

Bremsstrahlung
23-01-2021, 12:41 AM
Mat Ryan on loan!
Hopefully he gets some games and gets another gig in the prem.

StannyCFCJET
23-01-2021, 01:06 AM
Mat Ryan on loan!
Hopefully he gets some games and gets another gig in the prem.

Not better then Leno sadly

Bremsstrahlung
23-01-2021, 05:35 AM
Not better then Leno sadly

Ryan will be back up for lesser games and cup games I imagine.
Wasnt even being used at Brighton.

Frodo
23-01-2021, 07:34 AM
Not sure how to feel about this. I've never watched an Aussie playe for the mens team in my lifetime so that's exciting, but he's still an ex-coastie.

We needed a backup pretty badly and don't have cash available to buy anyone, and he's more than capable to play in Europa League and FA cup if he can find his form again quickly. (Supposedly he's in the squad to play Southampton tomorrow morning, lol)

I guess this is a win. Add in Ødergard on loan for 6 months and a backup LB and we've done alright. Just need to keep clearing out the deadwood and massive wages in the summer and then we'd be heading in the right direction for sure.

Ghost of Plague
23-01-2021, 09:48 PM
Not sure how to feel about this. I've never watched an Aussie playe for the mens team in my lifetime so that's exciting, but he's still an ex-coastie.

We needed a backup pretty badly and don't have cash available to buy anyone, and he's more than capable to play in Europa League and FA cup if he can find his form again quickly. (Supposedly he's in the squad to play Southampton tomorrow morning, lol)

I guess this is a win. Add in Ødergard on loan for 6 months and a backup LB and we've done alright. Just need to keep clearing out the deadwood and massive wages in the summer and then we'd be heading in the right direction for sure.

Bahahahahah. "Ex-coastie".
There are gypos, they never stop being gypos, and now the stink is on your club.
Cant wait til Piers Morgan calls for Lawrie Mckinna to be the new Gunners CEO.

Hopefully they install a centrelink office at the Emirates, its gonna get some patronage.

Cheer that gypo on Frodo, its your destiny.

furns
02-02-2021, 07:01 PM
He wont play unless Leno gets injured. He's going to benefit from training with better players though.

Bremsstrahlung
03-02-2021, 07:36 AM
Or suspended....

baldrick
03-02-2021, 08:17 AM
Nothing to see here, please move on.

baldrick
14-08-2021, 10:47 AM
It’s going to be a long season lads.

redwah
14-08-2021, 03:05 PM

Do they have the mercy rule?

Frodo
15-08-2021, 12:31 PM
I told Bon a week or so ago that we would be lucky to have a win in our first 5 matches, and I stick by that claim.

Brentford, Chelsea, City, Norwich and Spuds in the first 5 games. We have an amateur manager who's been found out badly. A novice DoF who doesn't know how to sell or negotiate for a player. We have our 2 strikers not wanting to play and our 3rd choice injured for the first few weeks, as well as being available for sale himself anyways, our midfield options outside of a 21 yr old kid from Belgium is Xhaka, Elneny and a barely ever fit Partey. So instead of fixing any of those issues we decided to spend £50 million on Brighton's 3rd choice CB to improve what was already the 3rd best defence in the league, and he can't even win a header. Lmao.

I for one can't wait to see the Emirates eat Mikel alive over the next few home games and hopefully finally run these abhorrent owners back to Walmart where they belong.

baldrick
29-08-2021, 08:31 AM

Morning !

Jeterpool
29-08-2021, 09:36 AM
Morning !

Arsenal are coming in to an OK run now - do you think Arteta will last?

Frodo
29-08-2021, 12:36 PM
Arsenal are coming in to an OK run now - do you think Arteta will last?

Considering he should have been sacked last season, no one knows. Thankfully for him the guy who's job it is to sack him will also go of this project fails, so it will be a while before it happens no matter what.

Just need to hope we aren't too far behind once the new manager comes in so we don't get relegated, seriously.

Bremsstrahlung
29-08-2021, 03:05 PM
I think he should be given as long as possible.
Kindly, Liverpool supporters.

Bremsstrahlung
29-08-2021, 03:23 PM
Seriously though, who you guys got that starts at a top 6 team?
Auba
Tierney
Oedegaard maybe
Saka

Biggest signing news was a new number 10, Smith-Rowe, 20 odd games gets given a prestigious number.

StannyCFCJET
29-08-2021, 05:14 PM
Auba
Tierney
Oedegaard maybe
Saka

Biggest signing news was a new number 10, Smith-Rowe, 20 odd games gets given a prestigious number.

None of those players get in Chelsea, Liverpool or Man City. Spurs and the Foxes Id say all bar Odegaard get in easily. They get in west hams and evertons though.

Frodo
29-08-2021, 06:55 PM
Auba
Tierney
Oedegaard maybe
Saka

We definitely have a weak squad, but the manager is also making these players regress with shit tactics and micro-management.

- A fully fit Partey is as good as Rodri (he proved that at Atletico) so he is good enough for a top 4 side.
- Auba at his best is a golden boot winner, has he lost his touch or can we not create anything of worth for him to score? His first two seasons he outscored his expectated goals by about 5 or 6, so he was finishing at a truly elite level at the beginning, if he was at City and back to his best he could win golden boot with ease. BUT he may have just fallen off with age who knows.
- Saka would suprise people at any top 4 side with his ability to make a difference in almost any position. Not sure if he would be guaranteed a spot tho, very young and would eventually likely start for most of them.
- ESR is already better than Mount, so yeah he could maybe get a game or two with a top 4 side. He's still young and improving his game like Saka.
- Tierney is very good and if he started for any top 4 side they definitely wouldn't be any weaker.

They all look like trash under Mikel tho. It will be interesting to see how quickly these guys bounce back under a real manager, otherwise we will lose the younger players like Saka and be left with an expensive bunch of average players either in the league or the championship, lol.

Frodo
12-09-2021, 02:20 PM
Always nice to win these relegation 6 pointers early in the season to relieve some pressure.

Frodo
23-09-2021, 06:18 AM
Someone please light a candle... Arsenal are officially no longer a big club. Trust the Process, lmao.

They are the only top half side who's Carabao cup game isn't being streamed live anywhere. The only way to watch the game is live, or you can listen to a radio commentary from the official website, which has already crashed supposedly.

WButler89
15-01-2022, 04:05 AM
The Gunners looked like a very organized and disciplined team yesterday, who were in no way inferior to Liverpool even when Xhaka was sent off at the beginning of the first half. I must admit that Arteta has done a great job and the team has changed a lot this season.

Bremsstrahlung
12-02-2022, 10:34 PM
Besides the fact it happened to you guys, I actually really like the two yellows in one passage of play.

Bremsstrahlung
17-03-2022, 09:30 AM
I’ll admit, you guys look a tonne better now than you did last time I watched an Arsenal game.
Odegard, Saka, Martinelli combination looks like it could go a long way to winning you some trophies as they get more experience. lacazette has some good touches of a hold up striker, but lacks that X factor of pace and skill to be dangerous.
Partey looks good as a DM.
Ramsdale makes some very good stops for you too.

Apologies. I was writing this as Jota slammed one in.

Frodo
17-03-2022, 01:30 PM
I’ll admit, you guys look a tonne better now than you did last time I watched an Arsenal game.
Odegard, Saka, Martinelli combination looks like it could go a long way to winning you some trophies as they get more experience. lacazette has some good touches of a hold up striker, but lacks that X factor of pace and skill to be dangerous.
Partey looks good as a DM.
Ramsdale makes some very good stops for you too.

Apologies. I was writing this as Jota slammed one in.

We never actually troubled Liverpool today, they never had to get out of 2nd gear to keep us at bay outside of that one good chance to Gabi that he fluffed.

Ramsdale gets talked up way too much. He's much better than people thought when we signed him, but he gives up easy goals too often and gets away with things too often.

Buddha
17-03-2022, 01:42 PM
Ramsdale gets talked up way too much. He's much better than people thought when we signed him, but he gives up easy goals too often and gets away with things too often.
A proper Kodak moment GK. Mugs for the Cameras, loves the flashy stuff but incapable of doing the basics.

baldrick
14-08-2022, 09:37 AM
Morning !

MFKS
15-05-2023, 09:46 AM
Lets just call it for what it is

That is one impressive job at bottling it

Hell I thought the effort last year to avoid playing UCL was impressive but this last month and a half has been something else

To think City will win the title with two games to spare is unbelievable

Jetmaster
16-05-2023, 11:53 AM
Again the league's most plastic fans are deserting their seats in droves well before fulltime, even did it to their U18 team when losing the FA Youth Cup.