PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

GazFish35
27-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Giroud - RVP - podolski
Decent front three.

Denilson, vela, Bendtner, chamack, squillaci, park.
Shit bench.

Nice to have to new faces secured so early.

goaliepersempre
27-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Denilson, vela, Bendtner, chamack, squillaci, park.
all on the nigerian tou, hopefully to be abducted and never seen again.

goaliepersempre
27-06-2012, 02:06 PM
But Giroud and LU LU :)

pv4
27-06-2012, 02:11 PM
bendtner apparently has interest from heaps of people, his agent is saying.

i thought denilson wanted to permanently stay in brazil?

sign hummels

parksey
27-06-2012, 02:55 PM
bendtner should move on. he's a good player but isn't suited to arsenal since he actually likes to shoot at goal.

GazFish35
27-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Shoot at goal, but can't hit target.

He's been atrocious for us.
His miss times all his shots cos his ego plays the ball before his feet do.

He cupped his hand to his ear and ran around infront of the Leyton orient fans when he scored a tap in against them in an fa cup game FFS. He s the definition of egotistical ****stick.
I'd rather have adebayor back.

pv4
28-06-2012, 08:19 AM
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii553/pv4zanewy/tumblr_m69p0anaBJ1qdb34jo1_250.jpg

russjaybee
28-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Interesting mr fish, do you think theo will be moving on?
My understanding is that Giroud really is best suited at the point, rather than playing off RVP.

I would have:
Poldi - RVP - Theo

Then you can bring on Giroud, Gerv, Ox etc, not such a bad bench if you ask me...

Massive importance on Wilshere being fit and having a strong year. If that happens we could be in for some fun.
I really hope RVP + theo gets sorted quick smart, kind of glad theo didn't feature at the euros, leaves us in a better position.

We need to cut loose more dead-wood. Let some of them go on a free if necessary.
Sounds like squillas is nearly gone-ski. I would be surprised if Arsharvin didn't get picked up by a mid-table EPL club.
Vela's spain situation will surely soon be sorted.

Bendtner and Chamakh will need to go overseas and who ****ing knows what denilsons going to do.

I'm keenly awaiting my new home jersey's arrival :D

Bring on 12/13.

GazFish35
28-06-2012, 11:33 AM
It's their wages that stop other clubs showing any interest in them.
That, and they are shit.

Theo is worth keeping.

russjaybee
28-06-2012, 02:08 PM
I had heard that denilson was likely to stay in brazilia but the clubs couldn't come to an agreement on the transfer fee, and ffs if we can't sell vela there is something wrong with US. Players are worth what people are willing to pay for them.

With regard to your bendtners, lansburies etc surely they'll just want to play football and will take a cut to get some game time.

TXK
03-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Only factor that would prevent me having a Poldi-RVP-Giroud front line is that there isn't a genuine right footer amongst them (I know at that level it really shouldn't matter, but I just personally am not fond of the idea), and although RVP has improved on his right, the majority of the time he will try to work it onto his even if it isn't at all necessary. That being said I think we have some real depth up front this season if we hang onto both RVP and Theo. I would prefer to see more of the Ox this year and less of Gervinho and his ridiculous forehead, in the Ox we have a real prospect!

It's looking less likely by the day (if it ever looked likely at all) but I would have loved to see Yann M'Vila join, allowing the possibilty of Songo further up the pitch with less defensive responsibilties. A midfield combining any 3 of Wilshere, Song, Arteta or M'Vila would be a real force and after the season Rosicky has had it would be invaluable to have him coming of the bench/keeping these guys on their toes and preventing Ramsey from getting anywhere near the starting lineup. Like i said but, whatever interest we had in M'Vila seems to have cooled for reasons uknown and this scenario is unlikely to happen. Either way with a fit Wilshere and Arteta, plus if Rosicky can perform at the same level as the end of last season, our midfield doesn't look too shabby.

Definitely need to get rid of some deadwood in the likes of Denilson, Vela, Bendtner, Squillaci, Chamkah, Park etc. Sao Paulo apparently only want to take Denilson back on loan and I can't see us going for that. I have heard Bastia might be lining up a bid for Squillaci but how reliable that is, I'm not sure. Vela will end up in Spain, Chamakh in France and Bendtner in Germany I think. I also have no idea why we still have Diaby on our books picking up a supposed 60k a week to sit on the massage table, truly is beyond me.

Really hope we keep RVP but don't really have my hopes up, have been hurt too many times before and if Vieira, Henry and Fabregas are anything to go by, having the armband doesn't sway the decision all that much in our favour.

Still, glad we have already tied up some decent signings early in the window and hoping for a couple more!

russjaybee
03-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Giroud doesn't play out wide and I don't think that would work at all, if we have him rvp and poldi on the park at the same time you're more likely to see giroud at the point and rvp in behind him or something along those lines.

Agree regarding m'villa but if he were to join I would start with m'villa, wilshere and arteta, song would be benched. Really need a player like arteta who will keep it simple and just knock the ball around if necessary. He can get forward and score too.

I think it's unfair to completely disregard Rambo. He clearly got very burnt out after playing so many games and having such responsibility on him, he's a great talent and I would not be so quick to dismiss him, at the start of last pre-season he and wilshere had some pretty damn good interplay.

I don't think it's fair to compare the Henry departure to that of RVP's situation. It was the right time for Henry to leave the club, both for him and the club, he was passed his prime and the club was looking to move on to find a new talent to dominate the league (in hindsight, may have been better to keep him ha!). But yeh, with Henry the club weren't really actively trying to keep him.
RVP is peaking right now, he's playing awesome here, he's a legend amongst the entire club and fans, his family is settled, the club is strengthening it's player base. I think he'll stay.

BTW interesting point regarding 3 left footed attack, how many teams go out with an all right foot attack ;) I don't see anything wrong with it tbh. Just because it's different does not mean it is a problem.

russjaybee
03-07-2012, 04:42 PM
PS it's a fiesta?

disc race.

baldrick
03-07-2012, 05:07 PM
pssst 20% off most things at the Arsenal online shop this week...

GazFish35
03-07-2012, 05:51 PM
Including postage?
We really should pool our shopping and split postage.

Next time though.
I'm skins at the moment.

russjaybee
05-07-2012, 09:29 AM
****.... I've been rocked, genuinely feel ill.

Both shocking and disappointing.

RVP why did you have to do it like this, forever tainted now.

pv4
05-07-2012, 09:37 AM
they've got to sell him. i can't even comprehend rvp walking on a free. much respect to how he said "no financial terms were ever discussed, it wasn't about that".

russjaybee
05-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Make no mistake that this letter was very very carefully drafted so that there is no room for the club to move regarding the decision. Ughhhhh. I'm wounded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR3Vdo5etCQ

GazFish35
05-07-2012, 09:59 AM
You can't be surprised.
And of course financial terms weren't discussed, the board know whatever they say that man city will double.

If wants trophies, loan him out to Celtic.

russjaybee
05-07-2012, 10:11 AM
**** football and it's fickle ways. Burnt again.

There is NO top club he can go to where he will be guaranteed trophies.

He'll go to Man City.

Bring on Lukaszzzssss GirUDE-boi and Wilshere. Oh god do we need wilshere.

Ps what does this mean for theo?

pv4
05-07-2012, 10:21 AM
theo is english. they can charge whatever they want to if they want to let him go. chels & spurs are apparently interested.

GazFish35
05-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Theo is rubbish.
No one better than us would want him

Skirt Boy
05-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Theo is rubbish.
No one better than us would want him

Dam. I know things are going bad for Arsenal but I never thought you would consider yourself relegation contenders?

russjaybee
05-07-2012, 03:08 PM
Can't wait to play Champions League football hey guys.

GazFish35
05-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Dam. I know things are going bad for Arsenal but I never thought you would consider yourself relegation contenders?

Huh?

pv4
05-07-2012, 03:17 PM
i think he's trying to say that relegation contenders would be interested in theo, hence making a link from your statement that relegation contenders are better than arsenal.

but, as rjb pointed out, hotsperms are mayonaise-loving jews who won't be in the big league this coming year.

russjaybee
06-07-2012, 04:11 PM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/554242_10150888550391968_698238708_n.jpg

russjaybee
09-07-2012, 03:08 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevan_Joveti%C4%87

Apparently linked?

GazFish35
12-07-2012, 09:14 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-reveal-away-kit-for-2012/13-season

New away kit announced.
Purple and black hoops.
Sound gash, but actually looks okay.

russjaybee
12-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Can someone please change the title to say Fiesta not Festiva, I just keep seeing it and it keeps annoying me!

GazFish35
12-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Done

parksey
12-07-2012, 11:46 AM
what's your thoughts on the new home kit?

russjaybee
12-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Looks nice, especially in person!

pv4
12-07-2012, 12:49 PM
what is the significance of the blue?

GazFish35
12-07-2012, 04:38 PM
what is the significance of the blue?

We had blue hoops on our socks and sleeves in the 30's
Chapman wanted them so they might make the players stand out to each other more.
That dud was a visionary, if he was alive in the 90's sir Alex could have learnt from him and never sent Man Utd out in his grey "sharp viewcam" kits.

I don't mind the new kits. Both of them.

pv4
13-07-2012, 07:14 AM
http://www.footballshirtculture.com/images/arsenal-12-13-nike-away-football-shirt-e(1).

Jeterpool
13-07-2012, 07:38 AM
Can you imagine if they played Liverpool if they were also wearing their third strip...

pv4
13-07-2012, 07:48 AM
i guess the difference is that ^ is arsenals away kit, whereas liverpool will in theory rarely wear their tribal jerseys as it's a third kit which they'll probably only use in european adventures (so you'd have to be pretty keen on liverpool to actually watch that lulz).

GazFish35
13-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Can you imagine if they played Liverpool if they were also wearing their third strip...

It isn't the a-league, so I'm sure only one team would have to change shirts in the event of a clash!

Jeterpool
13-07-2012, 09:48 AM
It isn't the a-league, so I'm sure only one team would have to change shirts in the event of a clash!

Thanks Gaz, I'm aware of that. It was more of a hypothetical/fantasy thought I was just putting out there.

GazFish35
13-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Thanks Gaz, I'm aware of that. It was more of a hypothetical/fantasy thought I was just putting out there.

no worries.
was more dig at the coasties two yellow kits though!

russjaybee
17-07-2012, 12:33 PM
I don't mind the purple as well. Keen.

goaliepersempre
17-07-2012, 12:38 PM
seriosousllly hanging out for the tuesday club to return....

russjaybee
27-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Just over half an hour till we kick off against City in Beijing.

http://player.arsenal.com/home

24 hr access for 1.5 pounds! I'm trying it out. Already checked out the malaysia game highlights etc, good quality.

Definitely worth not having to fk around with shite streams, popups and ads.

russjaybee
27-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Edit: Premature.

russjaybee
03-08-2012, 11:05 AM
WELCOME CARZOLA!!!
http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/arsenal-boost-on-eve-of-epl-season-as-spanish-international-santiago-cazorla-signs-deal/story-e6frf4a3-1226441910023

"I can say I am a new Arsenal player," said the 27-year-old midfielder confirmed on his Twitter account.

Phwoar this is crazy! Signings and shit. Is this real life?

------------- SZCZ
-
SAGNA --KOSC--PER/VERM---GIBBS
-
----SONG --- ARTETA --- JACK
-
PODOLSKI --- GIROUD ----- CAZORLA

BENCH
GERV
CHAMBO
THEO
ROSICKY
RAMBO

Orrrrrrrrrrr does this spell the end of theo?
Also, apparently we're still chasing the Sahin loan deal, hope we get him!

GazFish35
08-08-2012, 06:20 PM
http://news.arseblog.com/arsenal-player-profiles-201213/

Player profiles from arseblog...... Not my usual reading, but funny nonetheless.

DIABY
Strengths: Extremely long legs, highly loved by Arsene Wenger, capable of some truly excellent attacking play, sometimes sports a fine ‘fro.

Weaknesses: Right ankle, left ankle, left calf, right calf, left knee, right knee, left hamstring etc. Lack of consistent fitness makes it very difficult to find the form the manager believes he’s capable of.

BENDTNER
Strengths: The Greatest Striker That Ever Lived. He’s pretty good at impregnating members of the Danish aristocracy, wearing controversial underwear, chewing gum, revelling in his own arrogance and being tall. **** radar is pretty good too, twigged Adebayor before most other people.

Weaknesses: His first touch makes Andy Carroll look like Pele. His complicated relationship with motor vehicles has seen him banjax his groin, while his willingness to befriend Lee Cattermole hints at an impending mental breakdown.

russjaybee
09-08-2012, 11:09 AM
willingness to befriend Lee Cattermole hints at an impending mental breakdown

lol

baldrick
16-08-2012, 07:33 AM
United agree deal to sign van Persie

Manchester United has agreed a deal to sign last season's English Premier League top scorer Robin van Persie from rivals Arsenal.

Van Persie will travel to Old Trafford later today and is expected to complete a move in time to make his Red Devils debut away to Everton on Monday.

"Manchester United is pleased to announce it has reached agreement with Arsenal Football Club for the transfer of Robin Van Persie," a club statement read.

"The deal is subject to a medical and the agreement of personal terms. A further announcement will be made in due course."

Van Persie stunned Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger when he declared immediately after Euro 2012 that he wanted to leave the north London team because he felt the club's ambitions did not match his own.

That came after a superb season where the forward scored 37 goals in all competitions, a tally that led him to being voted player of the year by both his fellow professionals in England and the country's Football Writers' Association.

Van Persie's announcement sparked interest from Premier League champions Manchester City, as well as Italian giants Juventus, but it is United manager Sir Alex Ferguson who has won the race for the striker's coveted signature.

It is not expected either a medical or indeed personal terms will prove a barrier to the 29-year-old's move to Old Trafford.

No fee has been confirmed by either United or Arsenal, although it has been reported as around the £20 million ($29.9 million) mark.

The transfer is set to be the most expensive deal United have done since Dimitar Berbatov's club record £30.75m move from Tottenham in 2008.

Ferguson made van Persie one of his main preseason targets, despite already having Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck and Javier Hernandez in his squad.

The veteran Scottish boss even went so far as speaking directly to Wenger in a bid to make sure the deal went through.

French boss Wenger did not want to sell prize asset van Persie to a rival Premier League club.

But with supporters turning against their former favourite during a preseason match with Cologne on Sunday and van Persie having just a year left on his Gunners contract, he clearly decided it was better to sell him for a large fee than see him leave for nothing in 12 months' time.

Moves between the two clubs have been rare in the last two-and-a-half decades since both ended years of underachievement to become title contenders in the late 1980s.

Frank Stapleton 31 years ago is the last striker to disappoint Arsenal fans by leaving for Old Trafford. A tribunal agreed a fee of £900,000 for the Irishman.

England full-back Viv Anderson also left north London for Manchester in 1987 for £250,000.

Mikael Silvestre made the opposite switch in 2008 after nine years at United.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-08-16/united-agree-deal-to-sign-van-persie/4201720

its all over the bbc football site too

Skirt Boy
16-08-2012, 07:46 AM
Thread title needs to be changed IMO

goaliepersempre
16-08-2012, 07:52 AM
Wow Tuesday Club next week will be interesting :).... There is to be no RVP Speak...... Otherwise some premature rage quits might happen.

pv4
16-08-2012, 08:51 AM
http://news.arseblog.com/arsenal-player-profiles-201213/

Ju Young Park
Weaknesses: Possibly football, but it’s tough to say.

Olivier Giroud
Weaknesses: Possibly too handsome.

:lulz:

russjaybee
16-08-2012, 10:55 AM
24mil for an injury prone 29 year old with 1 year left on his contract, we'll take it.

Should be interesting when he returns to Emirates, ****ING JUDAS KHUNT.

Ok got that out of me. If we ever needed extra incentive to beat united and do well this season this is it. What a slap in the face to the rest of the squad from their former captain. Pretty much said that one of their tradition rivals is a much stronger team than them and is more likely to win stuff. This has fired me up like never before and I hope they react in the same way, driven to succeed.

We've got a bloody strong squad imo and I would not be surprised of another signing / more movement.

Imagine if Song out M'villa + Tello/Afellay in...

q-money
16-08-2012, 11:01 AM
the best crybabies are arsenal crybabies

pv4
16-08-2012, 11:02 AM
don't get too worked up yet - he won't pass the medical at old trafford due to severely injuring his back by carrying an entire squad last season.

i really like song, i don't think he should be to blame for not being defensive enough as a midfielder - rather he shouldn't be put as the sole holding midfielder and given more freedom.

the moment sagna & one cb is injured, arse will leak so many goals this upcoming season.

russjaybee
16-08-2012, 11:15 AM
CB is pretty well covered, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Koscielny and Djourou can all slot in and perform. Djourou is actually very decent when actually played in position.

RB is weak, Jenkison probably isn't up to scratch yet.

Ultimately our weakest position is definitely GK, if szcz gets injured I shudder to even think....

parksey
16-08-2012, 11:37 AM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/gallery/aww-yea-guy/aww-yea-meme-original.jpg

Skirt Boy
16-08-2012, 01:22 PM
24 million pounds jeez.

No wonder Spurs are holding out for 40 for Modric.

q-money
16-08-2012, 02:38 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/football/sickening-betrayal-piers-morgan-vents-on-twitter-over-van-persie-move-20120816-24a32.html

http://cdn.crushable.com/files/2011/11/dawson-crying.jpg

q-money
16-08-2012, 02:39 PM
whats up now big man ahahaha, roonz delivering

sh10
16-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Carragher will break his legs

pistolpete
16-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Selfish decision but if he wants to win trophies a smart one

hawk
16-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Selfish decision but if he wants to win trophies a smart one
Maybe not. The slag is going to a club who won nothing last year.

au revoir
16-08-2012, 06:06 PM
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Anfield-banner.jpg

MFKS
16-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Feeder Club for Manchester based sides

Nasri - RVP - Clichy etc

Who's next??

GazFish35
16-08-2012, 07:33 PM
no-one MFKS
whats left is shit.
bit pissed he went to a rival, at least Henry ****ed off overseas.

oh well, we still turn a profit, our board will be happy.
FFS this shit aint good for your health.

and Q.... Piers Morgan is a twat, the only person in the world who thinks he is a gunners fan is himself.

Skirt Boy
16-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Obviously a small time club.

GazFish35
16-08-2012, 08:48 PM
True.
We just take solace in the knowledge that we have a photo of us winning the league trophy in colour!

parksey
16-08-2012, 11:26 PM
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j421/ClamBuster/wenger.jpg

GazFish35
17-08-2012, 12:21 AM
We all turned to the drink the day Pires left.
That's when the dream truly died.

seldom
17-08-2012, 01:31 AM
always thought Van Persie was some tropical STD...Gunners likely to win some silverware this season

Skirt Boy
17-08-2012, 01:16 PM
True.
We just take solace in the knowledge that we have a photo of us winning the league trophy in colour!

Yeah well at least we have never moved into another clubs patch of turf or used underhanded tactics to gain promotion.

russjaybee
17-08-2012, 02:30 PM
LOL @ a spurs fan trying to make a jibe at us when they had to borrow a player, who they couldn't even afford to pay, in order to scrape in to 4th.
Besides you try and give us shit for losing a player like rvp? Spurs would wet their pants at the thought of having a player of his calibre at their club for one game, let alone a season, hilarious.

Over the last like 10 seasons we've trained and brought up arguably the best players in the premier league, none of them were big names when they arrived.

- Bergkamp
- Henry
- Fabregas
- RVP

You could even chuck in the likes of Pires and Viera. Not a bad effort.

Moving right along, keen for this season. Bring it on!

parksey
17-08-2012, 03:05 PM
are you seriously claiming that arsenal made dennis bergkamp?

Skirt Boy
17-08-2012, 03:16 PM
LOL @ a spurs fan trying to make a jibe at us when they had to borrow a player, who they couldn't even afford to pay, in order to scrape in to 4th.
Besides you try and give us shit for losing a player like rvp? Spurs would wet their pants at the thought of having a player of his calibre at their club for one game, let alone a season, hilarious.

Over the last like 10 seasons we've trained and brought up arguably the best players in the premier league, none of them were big names when they arrived.

- Bergkamp
- Henry
- Fabregas
- RVP

You could even chuck in the likes of Pires and Viera. Not a bad effort.

Moving right along, keen for this season. Bring it on!

For what it's worth, the last time I looked Arsenal is a football club in South London who play in North London.

London is the capitol of England which is a member of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland whose capitol is also London.

Those who are born in England are referred to as English. There is also Scottish, Welsh and Irish who make up subsequent parts of the United Kingdom of Great Britain in Northern Ireland. Collectively the people of this Kingdom are referred to as British

Suffice to say none of the players you have mentioned are either English, Scottish or Irish. Let alone British so it is a bit rich for a supporter of a club based in England to claim they gave the world players from Holland and France.

russjaybee
17-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Parksey, I'll give you that, Bergkamp was already a known entity before arriving at arsenal. He should not be part of the list.

The others not so much.

Yes clearly by saying the club "brought up" these players I was stating that we gave birth to them and raised them. Yay lets take everything we read literally.

Clearly I meant that prior to joining Arsenal these players were not regarded as world class and that the club had a big influence on their development as football players.
I think it's fair to say that since Cesc joined Arsenal as a 16 year old the club probably had a fair bit to do with his football development.
Similarly before coming to Arsenal Henry was a patchy winger that showed signs of promise.

Haters gonna hate.

russjaybee
17-08-2012, 04:16 PM
PS I'll take having all those amazing players and them leaving the club over never having them at all any day of the week... :lulz:

parksey
17-08-2012, 05:10 PM
yeah but imagine the player cesc could have become had he never left barca

GazFish35
17-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Yeah well at least we have never moved into another clubs patch of turf or used underhanded tactics to gain promotion.

Greatest chapter of our history.
Promoted via the paper bag method.
Never relegated.
Pretty good of us to to not bang on about it really.

GazFish35
17-08-2012, 05:56 PM
For what it's worth, the last time I looked Arsenal is a football club in South London who play in North London.

London is the capitol of England which is a member of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland whose capitol is also London.

Those who are born in England are referred to as English. There is also Scottish, Welsh and Irish who make up subsequent parts of the United Kingdom of Great Britain in Northern Ireland. Collectively the people of this Kingdom are referred to as British

Suffice to say none of the players you have mentioned are either English, Scottish or Irish. Let alone British so it is a bit rich for a supporter of a club based in England to claim they gave the world players from Holland and France.

Its all a moot point as we are in Australia.

GazFish35
17-08-2012, 05:58 PM
yeah but imagine the player cesc could have become had he never left barca

He'd have warmed the bench for 6 seasons and no one would have known he was.
Is great to watch Wenger turn no names into world class.
Just wish he'd do it more often and have less no names who stay no names.
Academy is starting to pay off though with some young lads starting to come through.

baldrick
17-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Happy Birthday to Thierry Henry btw

parksey
17-08-2012, 11:59 PM
He'd have warmed the bench for 6 seasons and no one would have known he was.
Is great to watch Wenger turn no names into world class.
Just wish he'd do it more often and have less no names who stay no names.
Academy is starting to pay off though with some young lads starting to come through.

cesc would have been better than messi, wenger ruined his career

pv4
18-08-2012, 06:33 AM
Greatest chapter of our history.
Promoted via the paper bag method.
Never relegated.
Pretty good of us to to not bang on about it really.

tbh i knew they were never relegated from top flight once they'd gotten in, but until now had never bothered to read into skirt boys insistent whinging of how they were promoted.

just read - and f***ing lol.

but am i right in saying the true bad guys out of the ordeal was manure for fixing (i've only read one site - but how i'm taking it is they rigged the game) their game against liverpool?

pv4
18-08-2012, 06:50 AM
having rarely seen him play - what style of midfielder is sahin? holder, attacker, box-to-box?

if arse sell song & bring in sahin, what different will they be getting?

GazFish35
18-08-2012, 07:24 AM
cesc would have been better than messi, wenger ruined his career

Excellent assessment.

parksey
18-08-2012, 11:33 AM
having rarely seen him play - what style of midfielder is sahin? holder, attacker, box-to-box?

if arse sell song & bring in sahin, what different will they be getting?

He played a more attacking role at Dortmund from memory. He could probably be a box to box player.

Jeterpool
18-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Box to box but comfortable playing a CAM role, Xabi alonso Style passing but also in a CDM role too. Heard he can do it all

goaliepersempre
19-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Sahin amazing :)..... counting down the days now for the tuesday club :)

GazFish35
19-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Sahin amazing :)..... counting down the days now for the tuesday club :)

Stop counting.
Start downloading.

goaliepersempre
20-08-2012, 07:20 AM
On it now.... I thought I read something they wernt going to release it until actually Tuesday for a change lol.... Something to listen at work now. :)

russjaybee
20-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Positively Negative, typical Alan...
LOL @ T in dream land.

Positives from the game, Gervihno seemed to have more confidence and control, some of his dribbling was good, but needs to improve decision making. Cazorla is special, either poldi or giroud need to step up and be the proper front man we need that will make the runs as the chances will come. Theo was a bit anonymous, pity would couldn't bring on the ox. Gibbs had a really good game, corporal wasn't too bad...

Sunderland were ****ing dour though, not a shot in the second half. Wenger needs to drill the team to break down these shit house clubs that are going to come and park the bus. You can't break them down by just holding possession and slowly moving the ball around. You need some quick incisive passes, little 1-2 triangles and players running off each other, futsal style.

Couldn't take too much from the game, Giroud should have finished that...

Ps... Hazard looked handy last night :(

goaliepersempre
27-08-2012, 12:22 AM
Arghhhhhh another 0-0 draw.....

russjaybee
27-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Mmmmmm, always look on the bright side I guess?

We looked a lot stronger defensively than previously when we've played the likes of stoke and sunderland. I think last night we looked fairly comfortable in defence, apart from the early offside scare they barely threatened, didn't have that usual nervy "oh my god..." feeling when they hoofed it forward.

Also, poldi looked good, he will score goals. Love his directness, it's what we need.

Though with the attack, it seems the more things change the more they stay the same. We just play the ball far too slowly. If you look back at the invincibles we were at our most dangerous when we would move the ball quickly and do swift counter attacks. Over the last few years we've turned in to this possession team that is content to just knock it around in the opponents half and try to break them down. We are not barcelona though. At the moment we do not have the cohesion or players to be able to do those quick little 1-2 triangles, futsal style, that are needed to break down those ugly defences. IF we want to persist with this "just slowly knock it around and move forward" attack then once we have them camped in their half we need to knock some quality crosses in to Giroud. Too many times did jenkinson / gibbs get the ball near the by-line and elect to cut back and knock it back in to the midfield. It's ok to whip it in to the mixer every now and then.

When we get the ball in our half and go forward we need to move the ball quickly, not slow it down every time.

Gervihno was poor last night, looks like a few of our players are not up to scratch fitness wise, eg the ox when he came on. I would start theo and poldi with giroud up front next game.

In the middle, well caz is super sharp, he's just a class above. Thought arteta did really well tracking back and cleaning up as well, he's so dreamy. Diaby went ok all things considered, would like to see more from him going forward.

blaa blaa blaa enough diarrhoea.

parksey
27-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Podolski was great and Cazorla could be the signing of the season if the front line start to fire. I've got a feeling that Giroud is going to be the next Chamakh but he worked hard.

russjaybee
27-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Nah Giroud can't be the next Chamakh, Chamakh actually scored goals when HE first arrived....

I kid, I kid.

OmeletteDuFromage
27-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Have heard we bid 15mil pounds + Diaby for Tiote.

russjaybee
27-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Don't believe that at all, there's no way Wenger would be trying to swap Diaby out. He has massive faith in his ability and he's actually stringing a game or two together without hobbling off yet.

GazFish35
27-08-2012, 09:50 PM
We kept a clean sheet away at stoke.
And no-one got their leg broke.

Happy.

goaliepersempre
27-08-2012, 10:04 PM
We kept a clean sheet away at stoke.
And no-one got their leg broke.

Happy.

despite trying... lol

Luca is great :) loves to go forward... cazorla very nice :) clean sheet good... just need them to work on the connectivity and get the thing in the back of the net...

ATTACK quicker :)

parksey
27-08-2012, 11:47 PM
I was taken back by the Stoke fans booing Ramsey when he came on. I know there's a bit of spice between the two clubs but that wasn't nice to hear.

russjaybee
28-08-2012, 02:06 PM
It's a dead set disgrace. Kid gets his leg DESTROYED, works hard to get playing again, does not say a word about it, and they boo him. Top blokes up @ stoke.

THEY BOOOOOOO THE SICK (and recently healed)

Jeterpool
28-08-2012, 03:01 PM
It's a dead set disgrace. Kid gets his leg DESTROYED, works hard to get playing again, does not say a word about it, and they boo him. Top blokes up @ stoke.

THEY BOOOOOOO THE SICK (and recently healed)

I agree. I felt the actions were a bit off the mark.

GazFish35
28-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Oi! This ones got a limp! Boooooo!

The "spice" that Parksey alludes too is all about the Ramsey incident. Booing a bloke for having his leg broken is all there is to any rivalry, gooners got the shits about it. Stoke fans reckon thy can boo whoever they want. ****ing pathetic. There was she shit too about ramsey being quoted as saying he hadn't yet accepted an apology from shawcross.... The reporter didn't mention that he hadn't accepted the apology BECAUSE THERE HADN'T BEEN ONE! But let's not that get in the way of a good story.

Clean sheets!

WolfMan
29-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Arsenal 'ready to sell' Walcott

Arsenal are understood to be willing to sell Theo Walcott before the close of the transfer window after talks over a new five-year contract broke down.

Walcott is in the final season of his current deal at Emirates Stadium and discussions regarding an extension have been ongoing for some time.

Arsene Wenger confirmed before the Gunners' opening game of the season against Sunderland earlier this month that the club are still trying to extend Walcott's deal.

However, the Arsenal manager also warned that 'when a player doesn't want to stay, you either force him or you let him go', with the club having already sold Robin van Persie and Alex Song this summer.

The future of Walcott is now set to be decided by Friday's deadline, with reports suggesting Arsenal will sell the England international for a fee between £12million and £15m if no new contract is agreed.

Manchester City are believed to be favourites to snap up the 23-year-old as Roberto Mancini tries to add to the solitary signing of Jack Rodwell.

Mancini is in the market for a new winger after Adam Johnson's sale to Sunderland and the failure to agree a fee with Swansea City for Scott Sinclair.

Liverpool, though, are also reported to be interested in Walcott, who has made over 220 appearances for Arsenal since joining from Southampton in January 2006.

People saying Arsenal are a "selling club" now and can't compete with the "Big Boys". I say it makes more sense to cash in on a player who, let's face it, hasn't really lived up to the hype rather than lose him for nought in under 12 months anyway.

Say what you will about Arsenal and their form, but they run the club properly and responsibly. None of the "Big Clubs" in the EPL can say that IMHO

GazFish35
29-08-2012, 06:51 PM
None of the "Big Clubs" in the EPL can say that IMHO

I'm sure they remind themselves of that while polishing their trophies.

Walcott can go. I won't shed a tear. His stats in Europe are pretty go though. Apparently.

WolfMan
29-08-2012, 09:01 PM
I'm sure they remind themselves of that while polishing their trophies.

Sure, they have had success, but at what price? The Financial Fair Play rules will (hopefully) put paid to the irresponsible way some clubs do business. The best part about these guidelines (and later, rules) is that clubs that are operating in a financially responsible way, like Arsenal will barely have to change the way they do things. The Manchester United and Liverpool corporations will come to a grinding halt as they come to realise they will be punished for racking up massive, massive debts that they can never recoup.

I'm not an Arsenal fan, but I am a fan of the way they run the club.

parksey
29-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Liverpool has already come to a grinding halt. :gent:

It's true that Arsenal balance the books really well, but you mentioned the financial fair play reglations which could restrict their already low spending in the future.

GazFish35
29-08-2012, 10:21 PM
but you mentioned the financial fair play reglations which could restrict their already low spending in the future.

They turn a profit. The FFP rules will actually allow them to spend more.... According o the rules, not the boardroom policy.

Tbh I can't see the FFP rules impacting too much on the big clubs, they'll find a way around them, what the FFP rules should do is help prevent portsmouth situations arising again.

russjaybee
30-08-2012, 10:19 AM
I like how we've played hardball with theo, latest reports seem to say he's going to extend his stay.

De-Champ
30-08-2012, 09:09 PM
They turn a profit. The FFP rules will actually allow them to spend more.... According o the rules, not the boardroom policy.

Tbh I can't see the FFP rules impacting too much on the big clubs, they'll find a way around them, what the FFP rules should do is help prevent portsmouth situations arising again.

FFP has nothing to do with profits, its about keeping the spending to a certain percentage of turnover according to how much debt you have (in order to control debt). I doubt it will stop the Portsmouth situation from happening as the only penalty (at the moment) if you breach the FFP rules is you don't get to play in Europe. So you could have a club spending as much as it likes, but not playing in Europe and still ending up like Portsmouth.

GazFish35
01-09-2012, 06:32 AM
FFP has nothing to do with profits, its about keeping the spending to a certain percentage of turnover according to how much debt you have (in order to control debt). I doubt it will stop the Portsmouth situation from happening as the only penalty (at the moment) if you breach the FFP rules is you don't get to play in Europe. So you could have a club spending as much as it likes, but not playing in Europe and still ending up like Portsmouth.

Fair enough.
We are soon coming to the end of some rubbish contracts involved with sponsorship.
Emirates got front of shirt and stadium naming rights for 2/5 of SFA and the catering atth staium is dodgy as hell too. so when they are renegotiated our income will increase.

In better news the Danish Ego has been loaned to Juve!

timmy_v
18-09-2012, 06:27 PM
up the gunners

goaliepersempre
19-09-2012, 08:02 AM
Lu lu lu lu

GazFish35
24-09-2012, 07:21 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mathduVG561qhaz39o3_250.gif

Germans don't do knee slides!
Check out per's spin.

goaliepersempre
21-10-2012, 01:00 PM
didnt watch the game but ffs norwich? anyone watch it can give some commentary?

russjaybee
22-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Didn't watch it but from everything I've read and heard from friends it's one to forget... ffs.

goaliepersempre
25-10-2012, 07:38 AM
The fiesta is empty sack the lot, apart from jack & Lu Lu....

russjaybee
25-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Santos was utterly woeful this morning, with Gervihno not far behind him.

I am so frustrated by our unwillingness to change a team until the last 20 minutes of the game. Not to mention when we finally did make a change it was only Giroud coming on.
The team had created roughly ZERO chances so I'm not sure what kind of impact Giroud, being a target man (EG RELIES ON GETTING THE BALL) was meant to have.

Gnabry and Stuart little needed to come on WITH giroud around 60 minutes.

It was clear to everyone watching the game where it was heading and I don't think any supporters were surprised when Shalke scored.

We had I think 1 shot on target before gnabry forced their keepers first save in the 88th minute or when ever the hell it was?
That is an utterly DIRE performance. I don't care how much possession we have. To win games we have to score goals, we never looked like scoring tonight.

The structure is not working. Santos was over-lapping, losing possession and then not being able to track back. He looked utterly stuffed.
It's no surprise our form has dropped since the departure of Gibbs. Gibbs and Poldi had a fine partnership forming prior to his injury.

If for whatever reason Wenger does not have any faith in playing Giroud up front then why hasn't Podolski been tried in that position? Prior to coming to us wasn't he leading the line for Cologne (Koln) and scoring a bag load of goals?
For me players like Gervihno, Walcott, Ox etc should be out wide and are not suited up front. Even when Henry was playing up front he would generally drift to wide positions.

TRYING to look on the bright side, I thought coquelin and gnabry were good. Rambo looked fairly sharp. Thought arteta was good though looked a little tired? Off the pace.

And yet again, we need a goal keeper.

The more things change the more they stay the same?

/neck myself.

GazFish35
31-10-2012, 09:02 AM
12' [1 - 0] J. Roberts
18' [2 - 0] L. Koscielny (o.g.)
20' [3 - 0] M. Leigertwood
37' [4 - 0] N. Hunt
45' [4 - 1] T. Walcott
64' [4 - 2] O. Giroud
89' [4 - 3] L. Koscielny
90' [4 - 4] T. Walcott
103' [4 - 5] M. Chamakh

still in extra time.

FFS why we go down 4-0 to Reading is beyond me
17 minutes to "hold on"

what the **** is happening.

Kronke OUT

can see us losing 6-5

goaliepersempre
31-10-2012, 09:28 AM
12' [1 - 0] J. Roberts
18' [2 - 0] L. Koscielny (o.g.)
20' [3 - 0] M. Leigertwood
37' [4 - 0] N. Hunt
45' [4 - 1] T. Walcott
64' [4 - 2] O. Giroud
89' [4 - 3] L. Koscielny
90' [4 - 4] T. Walcott
103' [4 - 5] M. Chamakh

still in extra time.

FFS why we go down 4-0 to Reading is beyond me
17 minutes to "hold on"

what the **** is happening.

Kronke OUT

can see us losing 6-5

115' 5-5 Progrebnak

121' 5-6 Walcott

123' 5-7 Chamakh

Arsenal finally win.... but seriouslly FFS why do we go down 4 nil to start with....

russjaybee
01-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Most spastic game of football ffs. Nuts.

Yeh we were WOEFUL in the first half, kosc getting absolutely dominated by JASON ROBERTS FER FECKS SAKE.

Djourou looked very ordinary.

Shame Martinez wasn't brilliant.

Thought le coq was ok, frimmerz didn't add much at all and we looked better when he was off.

Arsharvin was a little lively especially when playing in behind the front players (his best and REAL position?).

Theo needs to be starting EPL games ffs, though he's probably knackered and wont be able to play this weekend now :(

God damn I hope Gibbs miraculously recovers...... .. ...

I'm scared, hold me...

hawk
04-11-2012, 08:07 AM
laydown Sally's do their duty again

russjaybee
05-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Annnnnnnd Gibbs didn't miraculously recover.

We are a shower of shit at the moment. Can't attack, can't defend. Look like a bag of scared kitten out there.
Seeing TV5 **** that clearance up and set the C8@# up perfectly was breathtaking, seriously.

I'm more concerned about our performances against QPR and Norwich than this result.
The club keeps arguing that we can't compete with the might of Chelsea / City / United YET, but we're not even competing with the lower boys we should be kicking around. We look jaded, have no flow and lack any sort of confidence.

FML.

GazFish35
18-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Wow

Buddha
18-11-2012, 09:29 AM
5-2 again. These matches are never boring. I love it

goaliepersempre
18-11-2012, 11:53 AM
I'm smoking the hope :) yeeewwww 5-2 :)

russjaybee
19-11-2012, 09:24 AM
It's that time again!

Should be a good pod :D

goaliepersempre
19-11-2012, 10:26 AM
It's that time again!

Should be a good pod :D

should be a great pod, need to have allan, keith, ian and tayo lol

russjaybee
19-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Yessssss, even get the voice of positivity Damien involved! A big ol' LOVE FEST!

goaliepersempre
22-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Jacks Back... scored this morn, havent seen goals been at work. But Lu Lu supposedly scored an absolute bomb... Knockout stages again...

pv4
22-11-2012, 09:43 AM
muswellbrookian went to the game. lucky duck

goaliepersempre
22-11-2012, 09:57 AM
lucky indeed.

russjaybee
22-11-2012, 10:40 AM
- holy dicks, poldi's volley was a bullet, beautiful
- giroud with a double assist
- jacks finish was quality, he was pretty solid without being outstanding
- whole team was generally poor in the first half, giving away the ball lots etc, jack particularly
- giroud was totally off his game first half, lost the ball lots with his back to goal, seemed like he had other things on his mind? came out 2nd half much better!
- some small moments of great play during the 2nd half, ox, santi, poldi all involved. moments of great 1 touch flowing football

pv4
22-11-2012, 01:17 PM
- giroud with a double assist

boom boom

russjaybee
22-11-2012, 01:44 PM
wow!!!!

Jeterpool
22-11-2012, 02:07 PM
A general question, are you guys as Arsenal fans still happy with Arsene as the manager? Do you think he needs to be moved on? If so who would be your ideal replacement? (I know you guys have just won and had good performances the last week, but im just asking out of interest and RDM sacking has got me contemplating)

Im not necessarily saying he needs to be let go, but he's been there a long time and I have read other forums where people are a bit disgruntled and struggling to understand some of his sleections and frustration with his transfer decisions.

pv4
22-11-2012, 02:09 PM
as the tuesday club points out countless times - arsene is the greatest manager in the game. he's being restrained by the board.

Grimario
22-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Im not necessarily saying he needs to be let go, but he's been there a long time and I have read other forums where people are a bit disgruntled and struggling to understand some of his sleections and frustration with his transfer decisions.

I have Piers Morgan on twitter purely for the :lulz: when Arsenal lose... and he is adamant that it is all to do with #IvanTheTerrible and not Arsene, I think.

Jeterpool
22-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Interesting.

I was wondering and reflecting back on my feelings jsut before Rafa came to the end of his time. Granted he seemed to be losing the plot in my opinion. He was talking in riddles, putting out odd teams with defenders as midfielders and I felt at that time despite what he had done for the club in the past it was time to move on and change.

I don't follow Arsenal closely enough to know what is going on with the board. It sounds like what Rafa had to do, to an extent, and buy a Mercedes on the budget of a Toyota.

russjaybee
22-11-2012, 03:59 PM
There's a few things you need to ask -

- Is Arsene under-performing as a manager?
- If Arsene also has a finger in other roles, what are they and is he under-performing in those roles?
- Who would replace him and would they do a better job?

IMO the managing of the football team is not really a problem. Yes I would like to see Arsene go to his bench a little earlier on and sometimes his player choices are not what I would go with (eg gerv up front rather than Podolski or Giroud, constantly playing Ramsey on the right making the team awkward and unbalanced).

However, the REAL and obvious issues are the constant stream of our top players and club captains leaving the team and the growing rift between the board and it's supporters, highlighted by the boards recent closing statement of the Arsenal AGM, "thank you for your interest in our affairs"... This was said to a meeting consisting of share-holders and fans. Clearly the board is disconnected.

Another thing that bugs me is that when talking about possible ways to increase income, marketing etc, actual on-field performance is never stated. When they're talking about growing the club all they bring up is expanding in to asia, launching a chinese website, better sponsorship deals etc. Never do they state what kind of financial gains could be made from on-field success.

Ughhh, it's a bit of a mess at the moment. There is no one high up in the club that actually cares at Arsenal, THE FOOTBALL CLUB. They only care about Arsenal the business and the ridiculous money involved.

To answer your question, I think Arsene is the man for the job. I actually feel for him being hamstrung at Arsenal, imagine what he could accomplish at PSG or Chelsea?

GazFish35
22-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Arsene is god.
Board are penny counting nobodies who don't care about the club, just want a profit.

Chips keswick FFS

GazFish35
22-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Oh, and how good was giroud's assist for Lukas!

:lulz:

Bluebeard
22-11-2012, 06:05 PM
To answer your question, I think Arsene is the man for the job. I actually feel for him being hamstrung at Arsenal, imagine what he could accomplish at PSG or Chelsea? The sack

Jeterpool
23-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Thanks guys. Always nice to hear what other fans think of their management structure, etc.

I think Arsene is doing a great job too and russjaybee you are spot on with the questions you ask mate.

russjaybee
23-11-2012, 09:24 AM
Rofl Gary what have you got against our WWI bi-plane flying veterans?
Have some respect, they were fighting the Red Barron before you were even a sparkle in your daddies eye.

goaliepersempre
05-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Ffs

russjaybee
05-12-2012, 11:14 AM
I like the coq, get him in for arteta more often.

Meade did alright at LB, he's really short for a defender though.

Rosicky was probs best on pitch first half, looked bright, nice and direct, great balls etc.

Chamakh and Gervihno are basket cases ffs. Got in some great positions, particularly Chamakh. It just seems like he actually doesn't want to score? Where is Arsene's famous "unbelievable belief" ? Someone needs to give him a rustle up and just be like "come on mate, i bought you because you're good enough to be in this team, get out there and smash some ****ing goals in FER FECKS SAKE. Have a dig. Hassle the shit out of those defenders and make em scared etc."

TV5 did alright, overall from what I watched we did "ok". Really disappointed Akpom and some of the other youngens didn't get a run, ****ing hate how arsene waits so late for subs. It's clear chamakh wasn't going to score, why not get a youngen out there that wants to prove him self.

sh10
05-12-2012, 11:40 AM
FSN reporting this morning "Arsenal blow lead to lose 1-0 to Olympiakos"

Arsenal clearly have magical powers

russjaybee
05-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Rofl...

whispers of Demba Ba + Mvila

david silva
05-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Rofl...

whispers of Demba Ba + Mvila

You'd be nuts to sign Ba. Knees are made of glass and I'd say he has probably peaked already...

I've always had a soft spot for Arsenal but can someone explain to me how Ramsay is so highly rated?

pv4
05-12-2012, 02:43 PM
non-english player who could be available on the cheap due to being frail? doesn't sound like an arsenal target at all

ramsay is a killer - literally

goaliepersempre
06-12-2012, 09:55 AM
new pod up... "Deludedly Misbalanced"

BodyNovo
12-12-2012, 09:31 AM
bradford:blush:

sh10
12-12-2012, 11:32 AM
'Capital One Cup' - wtf? Took me a little while this morning to work out it was the league cup...

GazFish35
12-12-2012, 07:05 PM
bradford:blush:

Meh.
Allows us to focus on the true trophy. 4th!

plague
12-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Oh dear Gervino.................
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/1355257750059.gif

goaliepersempre
17-01-2013, 03:33 PM
Its Back On :bump:

Tommyjet
17-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Who's the 30mill possible signing we are hearing about but nobody knows who. A lot are mentioning fellaini but I doubt for 30mill. Very optimistic to think this rumour will be true, but here's hoping.

GazFish35
17-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Who's the 30mill possible signing we are hearing about but nobody knows who. A lot are mentioning fellaini but I doubt for 30mill. Very optimistic to think this rumour will be true, but here's hoping.

Heard Wenger was planning on spending the 30mil of 50mil of HMV Vouchers

Jeterpool
18-01-2013, 07:08 AM

I read somewhere it's Goetze

De-Champ
18-01-2013, 10:10 AM
Might be Cavani from Napoli

Grimario
18-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Doesn't matter who is mentioned in the rumours, you know nothing will happen until deadline day panic sets in and Wenger signs Mbuzi Kwesi and his twin brother Mtoktok from St Etienes U14 squad.

beej
18-01-2013, 12:44 PM
The 30mill signing is Cavani but they have since said they aren't interested

Beeen
21-01-2013, 01:51 AM

boz-monaut
25-01-2013, 03:32 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/558450_10151395031595479_526630478_n.jpg

Jeterpool
25-01-2013, 05:54 PM
So no longer can Arsenal claim to be the French team in the prem

GazFish35
25-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Not sure we ever claimed it.
It was thrust upon us, and we couldn't refute it.

Now have some quality Brits.

The ox, theo, Ramsay, jack, gibbs.

Tommyjet
25-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Hoping wenger signs either jovetic or villa along with another midfielder or otherwise I think we'll remain inconsistent due to lack of squad depth

Grimario
25-01-2013, 09:48 PM
So no longer can Arsenal claim to be the French team in the prem

It's mental the number of frogs that Newcastle have now. 10 all up if/when Sissoko signs plus Abied who is French born but players for Algeria, Moyo who is French born but plays for The Congo and both Tiote and Cisse both speak French as well.

hawk
25-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Hoping wenger signs either jovetic or villa along with another midfielder or otherwise I think we'll remain inconsistent due to lack of squad depth

and you think there'll be a chance of top 2? nuh uh. everyone is manchesters betch

plague
29-01-2013, 10:12 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/AtrRlsTCAAAKxx0.jpg:large

boz-monaut
29-01-2013, 10:26 PM
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/958/stewie2218814qr.gif

furns
30-01-2013, 12:00 AM
I thought Omid Djalili was a Chelsea supporter........

BodyNovo
17-02-2013, 03:55 AM
Enjoy boys

1-0

GazFish35
17-02-2013, 08:39 AM
Pfft.
Wenger will claim 4th is the real trophy.

baldrick
17-02-2013, 10:31 AM
I blame GVE.

And Deans.

Grimario
20-02-2013, 09:05 AM
Awful from the Arse this morning.

la bazzle
20-02-2013, 08:26 PM
lovely

Skirt Boy
21-02-2013, 12:16 AM
This is funnier then bull with it's balls on fire.

furns
21-02-2013, 01:23 AM
Mind that gap SB ;)

plague
30-04-2013, 03:57 PM
So is it true?
Wenger officially out?

(source: probably Piers Morgan or something)

GazFish35
16-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Weird setting ATM.

Currently 2pts behind Chelsea, 1 less on GD and two goals scored less.

If chelsea draw 0-0 and we win 2-1........ It'll be a Playoff for third.
Or 1-1 and 2-1.
Or 2-2 and 3-2

All likely results.
Interesting last weekend coming up.

De-Champ
16-05-2013, 07:57 PM
or arsenal lose and spurs win, and arsenal miss out on a cl spot

GazFish35
16-05-2013, 10:41 PM
true.

goaliepersempre
20-05-2013, 02:59 AM
Happy Dayssssas :)

pv4
20-05-2013, 08:14 AM
mind the gap :rof:

q-money
20-05-2013, 01:03 PM
jeez how must it feel to be an arsenal fan hey, celebrating coming third or fourth every year like it's some kind of badge of honour

even saw a bloke wearing his scarf and giving it the large ones at university today

tragic ****s :rof:

Skirt Boy
20-05-2013, 04:35 PM
jeez how must it feel to be an arsenal fan hey, celebrating coming third or fourth every year like it's some kind of badge of honour

even saw a bloke wearing his scarf and giving it the large ones at university today

Haha I reckon. Sad ****s if you ask me. Us spurs fans might enjoy talking shit and big noting ourselves but we are honest and no full well the season has been a failure.

pv4
20-05-2013, 05:49 PM
big noting yourself months ago whilst 7 points clear, only to lose out come the end of the season, is a monster failure :rof:

I haven't seen this Arsenal year as a failure tbh. More points than last year, the second best defensive record in the comp, all while working with the worst squad wenger has had during his reign. To know they have squillions to spend in the summer, this season has been a succesful stepping stone to what I predict to be a title winning season next year.

pv4
20-05-2013, 05:56 PM
Oh plus Arsenal are one of four clubs in the PL that can offer champs league to transfer targets. wengers fourth place trophy is still a decent achievement.

q-money
20-05-2013, 06:06 PM
pv4, biggest glory hunter out there, citeh run second and you're back at arsenal, slurping on gervinho's juicy mango

pv4
20-05-2013, 06:22 PM
:rof:

I bleed blue. I just find slaying the hotsperms hilarious

GazFish35
20-05-2013, 07:17 PM

Most of the celebrations in recent years has been more about finishing above spurs after they spent large parts of the season assuming they'd finish above us.

We know fourth is not good enough, but finishing above that lot after months of them gloating is worth a laugh.

GazFish35
20-05-2013, 07:30 PM
http://bbcsporf.lockerdome.com/articles/107779519

Haha!
Spurs fans celebrating what they thought was a toon equalizer.

Tommyjet
20-05-2013, 07:51 PM
big noting yourself months ago whilst 7 points clear, only to lose out come the end of the season, is a monster failure :rof:

I haven't seen this Arsenal year as a failure tbh. More points than last year, the second best defensive record in the comp, all while working with the worst squad wenger has had during his reign. To know they have squillions to spend in the summer, this season has been a succesful stepping stone to what I predict to be a title winning season next year.

This. End of discussion. F$&k spurs. Cry now and just hope u somehow manage to hold onto your only half decent player

goaliepersempre
20-05-2013, 11:42 PM
It's not about 4th it's about being above spurs... Typical something that spurs fans just don't..

q-money
21-05-2013, 03:13 PM
http://bbcsporf.lockerdome.com/articles/107779519

Haha!
Spurs fans celebrating what they thought was a toon equalizer.

i don't know what's sadder, this or the picture below

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01731/arsenal-dressingro_1731310a.jpg

goaliepersempre
21-05-2013, 09:49 PM
i don't know what's sadder, this or the picture below

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01731/arsenal-dressingro_1731310a.jpg

lol at

what

whatttt

whatttt about me

I am Giroud

Boom Boom

boz-monaut
21-05-2013, 09:53 PM
http://eaglesthatlooklikearsenewenger.tumblr.com/

parksey
21-05-2013, 10:07 PM
4th spot is the new carling cup

De-Champ
22-05-2013, 10:11 AM
I'd rather 4th spot than 5th spot

Bluebeard
22-05-2013, 08:00 PM
4th spot is the new carling cup

You may settle for the Carling cup now you have a Scotsman in charge who has won zip

parksey
22-05-2013, 09:48 PM
we'd still be going better than liverpool

pv4
22-05-2013, 11:24 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m99va58rlX1rw9j98o1_500.gif

russjaybee
23-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Sup guys, haven't been on in here for yonks.

How 'bout dem spurs ay? Still providing the lols...

http://i.minus.com/ibemyvTReibBzE.gif

Bluebeard
23-05-2013, 07:52 PM

most clubs will be going better than the pool

GazFish35
23-05-2013, 10:30 PM
http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/941513_10200748337863384_30887630_n.jpg

;)

russjaybee
24-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Where's SkirtBoy when you need him ffs? He always seems to disappears at this time in the year? Amirite?

(is he even still around?)

Skirt Boy
24-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Where's SkirtBoy when you need him ffs? He always seems to disappears at this time in the year? Amirite?

(is he even still around?)

Photo thread.

russjaybee
27-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Good to see some things never change! :D

pv4
06-06-2013, 08:48 AM
fiesta is shedding some weight.

arshavin, squlliaci & denilson all confirmed released.

are chamakh, bendtner and park still contracted?

joel31
06-06-2013, 09:15 AM
I believe even if they're not they'll still leave

russjaybee
07-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Pretty sure the club will do everything they can to ship em out short of paying off contracts.
Good to see.

Gazidis giving it the big ones about being able to compete financially and us being able to afford the top players.

Apparently whispers of Gervihno going back to france, us going for fellaini and more rooney rumbling (lulz)....

russjaybee
25-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Now... How does this make you feel?

baldrick
30-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Rooney ?

Tommyjet
30-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Isn't the English media great, we have been linked to over 60 players since the end of the season. Rooney? Well I would take his as long as higuain is signing too, hell have him either way just to shove it up Man U.

Latest one is Torres. Seriously it seems when it comes to arsenal the papers are willing to throw any name out there just to tick them off or something.

Definitely want higuain and/or Rooney plus a big bully cm like fellaini then if money still left keeper and cb. I'll settle for cesar and williams

Bluebeard
11-07-2013, 07:45 PM
The Arse will win the title this coming season - for once having a consistent manager will pay dividends - Utd, City, chelsea, will not be consistent enough, might even allow Pool to punch above their weight and nick a top 4 spot.

GazFish35
11-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Zero chance.
Because in January if city, Manu or chesea rent leading they have the coin..... And the willing board..... To go and buy themselves out of trouble.

De-Champ
12-07-2013, 01:15 PM
The Arse will win the title this coming season - for once having a consistent manager will pay dividends - Utd, City, chelsea, will not be consistent enough, might even allow Pool to punch above their weight and nick a top 4 spot.

Ha Ha Ha....Arsenal win the title.....Pool nicking a top 4 spot.....Ha Ha Ha
I do not know which one of the above is more funny.

pv4
12-07-2013, 04:04 PM
If Arsenal get one of fellaini, gundogan or bender, plus if they get higuain or another top notch striker, I reckon they can win tbh

Edit: plus if they don't go buying a stupid keeper like reina

De-Champ
13-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Arsenal seem to sell not buy

russjaybee
14-07-2013, 12:47 AM
De-Champ you need to up your bait game mate.

I've got that horrible sinking feeling re higuain deal. So many other striker names getting bandied about (rat boy lol) and apparently ancelotti wants him to stay.

Typical Arsenal, the deals should be done by now ffs.
Status quo?

Tommyjet
14-07-2013, 07:47 AM
Being an arsenal fan is really frustrating. Wenger seems to change his mind constantly and because arsenal is a reasonably big club in a major city the journos like to make up their own transfer rumours because wenger never divulges his targets and therefore makes it very hard to know wat rumours to believe.
In terms of higuain, apparently arsenal are contacting him and real madrid shortly for a final answer.

De-Champ
14-07-2013, 12:48 PM
De-Champ you need to up your bait game mate.

I've got that horrible sinking feeling re higuain deal. So many other striker names getting bandied about (rat boy lol) and apparently ancelotti wants him to stay.

Typical Arsenal, the deals should be done by now ffs.
Status quo?

No bait game intended or anu other game for that matter. Just stating the facts. The only buys since Wenger has been at arsenal are up and coming youngsters. Big name established players is not his signing style. With Higuain who knows as there are two many unknowns or variables. The player wants to go to Juventus (out of all the suitors) Juventus want him but not at the asking price, Real Madrid want to sell him, Ancelotti wants to keep him (figure that one out) and Arseanl are the ones who have offered the most for him. So who knows where he will end up.

Tommyjet
14-07-2013, 03:00 PM
No bait game intended or anu other game for that matter. Just stating the facts. The only buys since Wenger has been at arsenal are up and coming youngsters. Big name established players is not his signing style. With Higuain who knows as there are two many unknowns or variables. The player wants to go to Juventus (out of all the suitors) Juventus want him but not at the asking price, Real Madrid want to sell him, Ancelotti wants to keep him (figure that one out) and Arseanl are the ones who have offered the most for him. So who knows where he will end up.

Cazorla, podolski, giroud, monreal. Not exactly up and comers. Proven performers in their respective leagues before last season

De-Champ
14-07-2013, 04:36 PM
They are not real big names either

GazFish35
14-07-2013, 05:00 PM
It's not just a Wenger thing.
I can't ever remember us paying top coin for a top name.

Bluebeard
14-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Cazorla, podolski, giroud, monreal. Not exactly up and comers. Proven performers in their respective leagues before last season

never heard of them even when playing for the Arse

Bluebeard
14-07-2013, 06:52 PM
It's not just a Wenger thing.
I can't ever remember us paying top coin for a top name.

Dennis Bergkamp- 1996 about 8 million - top player - not small change for the time

GazFish35
14-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Relative unknown in England though.
Out of from at inter 15 or so league goals in two years.

pv4
14-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Gallas?

GazFish35
14-07-2013, 08:31 PM
He was shit.
And we lost Cashley Cole to get him. After the little scrote got tapped up.

No defender is worthy of the "big name signing" tag in world football.
Except if its Roberto Carlos or Paulo maldini.

pv4
14-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Not saying he wasn't shit. Wenger did get him and 5mil for cashley though iirc. Big transfer for a big name at the tim

Disregarding how he turned out - davor suker?

GazFish35
14-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Over the hill.

Wenger either buys good players needing a revitalization, or second teir players.
Some he turns to worlds best, many he doesn't.

He refuses to pay overs or get into a bidding war.
If we get Rooney or higuain it will be the first time he's truly bought in someone who should be instantly better then anyone in the squad. He possibly also does this to ensure a new face doesn't upset the apple art in terms of wages.

It worked well when french football was on the top of the heap and he knew it better than anyone else. Now it's much much harder for him.

No David dein to do his deals has hindered him the most though.

pv4
14-07-2013, 09:02 PM
I've thought of someone..

Rosicky

Huge name being linked to big clubs when wenger signed him

GazFish35
14-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Signed on potential not proven worth.
He was not a big name, we was one touted as having the potential.
Like arshavin. :ooh:

My point is we don't sign "Thierry Henry greatest striker in the world" type players before Juventus outbid us.
We buy scrawny French wingers from Juventus and turn them into Thierry Henry.

Or they are shit and stay shit and end up out on loan to Juventus.... like Bendtner.

militiamon
15-07-2013, 12:38 AM
So basically the only transfer in World Football in the last decade that would fit the above criteria is Cristiano Ronaldo. All the other big name signings were either shit for their new club (Ibra, Kaka, Torres), touted as having potential or unknown to the English audience.

GazFish35
15-07-2013, 06:17 AM
And Joey Gibbs ;)

De-Champ
15-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Who is he??

GazFish35
15-07-2013, 11:09 AM
fixed. damn iapd typing

plague
15-07-2013, 12:26 PM
So basically the only transfer in World Football in the last decade that would fit the above criteria is Cristiano Ronaldo. All the other big name signings were either shit for their new club (Ibra, Kaka, Torres), touted as having potential or unknown to the English audience.

This.
Although your 10 year window would maybe sneak in Madrids "Galactico" era when they actually did win the Champions league after world then record signings (Zidane/Figo) and Roberto Carlos (fat Ronaldo hadnt signed yet iirc).
But your point is right. I would much rather Wenger's approach at getting mid level guys than going after "super duper stars".

and if any Gunners fans didnt realise that Carzola was a dead set star before signing really have to watch some La Liga. Bloke was a star and lived up to the rep in England. Came from the same junior club as Mata and Michu. The fact he didnt cost a lot of coin doesnt mean he wasnt a great signing for Wenger.

russjaybee
16-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Rofl my bait call was because Arsenal being seen as a "selling" club is nothing knew. It's been that way since Wenger joined.
THOUGH I would argue we have bought some bigger name players, Arsharvin being the most obvious one.

A combination of tight purse strings (stadium debt) and Wenger's own frugal ways has stopped us from paying massive money for the most sought after players, something I'm fine with to be honest.

The Suarez stuff that's floating around now is not just "Wenger changing his mind", it's strategic leveraging as Ancelotti is playing hard ball saying he wants to keep Higuain. If RM lose him they will have to replace him and there really aren't that many options out there.
Arsenal are feeling out Suarez both as a second option and also to show RM that they can't be held at ransom. (IMO)

I'm quietly WORRIED about our signings this window, not about our ambition, I think we definitely WANT to get some big players in but more about whether it will actually happen. Seriously Tricky Dicky Law and his team must be doing something really wrong because we have a terrible track record.

In other news Joel Campbell appears to have gotten his english working permit, interesting.
Sanogo had a pretty decent u20 comp.
Everyone is raving about Zelalem as well, played a fair bit of the friendly the other night and put on a beautiful through ball.
John Cross from the mirror touting him as the next Fab, one to watch.

Also surely I'm not the only one that just deep down does not want Suarez in an Arsenal shirt. He's a top player (skill) but he has no class, he's just SO UN-ARSENAL. He is the anti-arsenal. And he's coming from Liverpool ffs. FFS.

GazFish35
16-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Rof
The Suarez stuff that's floating around now is not just "Wenger changing his mind", it's strategic leveraging as Ancelotti is playing hard ball saying he wants to keep Higuain. If RM lose him they will have to replace him and there really aren't that many options out there.
Arsenal are feeling out Suarez both as a second option and also to show RM that they can't be held at ransom. (IMO)

Also surely I'm not the only one that just deep down does not want Suarez in an Arsenal shirt. He's a top player (skill) but he has no class, he's just SO UN-ARSENAL. He is the anti-arsenal. And he's coming from Liverpool ffs. FFS.

this

plague
17-07-2013, 03:37 PM
Reports from media in Madrid that Carzola is being tipped to be sold to Athletico.

Anyone else read that?
If so Wenger is officially bonkers.

GazFish35
17-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Bluff ( I hope ) to stop higuain from leaving.

baldrick
17-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Also surely I'm not the only one that just deep down does not want Suarez in an Arsenal shirt. He's a top player (skill) but he has no class, he's just SO UN-ARSENAL. He is the anti-arsenal.

100%

q-money
17-07-2013, 06:52 PM
what, is it the fact he likes to win?

russjaybee
17-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Doubtful about Cazorla reports, however there is a more worrying situation.

Reports are that Napoli are in for Higuain, yeh you might think we can easy beat them but you might want to factor in a certain Cavani sale that just went through.

Picture this.

RM sell Higuain to Napoli for a tidy sum.
RM buy Luis Suarez.
Arsenal buy ???? ... Rooney I guess.

De-Champ
17-07-2013, 07:36 PM
RM will try for Ibrahimovic before trying for Suarez