View Full Version : General Horse Racing Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

pv4
27-11-2016, 08:40 PM
Did you cash out like a bitch, plague?

plague
27-11-2016, 08:53 PM
Did you cash out like a bitch, plague?

The hell you think you're talking to homie?

Our NHL bloke is still firing, 3/3 today in another 5 legger. Needs Man U and Arsenal to win tonight to collect.

If he does it will be a seriously insane result for our punters club (esp considering I've contributed nowt).

q-money
27-11-2016, 09:02 PM
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3211/2595375755_5a368a4eba_z.jpg

pv4
28-11-2016, 05:07 PM
Needs Man U to win tonight to collect.

:rof::oops:

Only realy result for me to write home about this wkend was getting on SFC/Adelaide snore draw @ 13.00.

pv4
28-11-2016, 05:17 PM
Hot bet for the week - SFC to beat Jerks 7-1 @ 426.00 toot toot

pv4
02-12-2016, 08:33 AM
While we're all making squillions in syndacites - let us all remember to donate to wiki this year my bretheren

plague
02-12-2016, 05:53 PM
While we're all making squillions in syndacites - let us all remember to donate to wiki this year my bretheren

who the hell let you into this thread hippie.
there will be no talk of sensible use of money in this dojo.

pv4
04-12-2016, 12:48 AM
who the hell let you into this thread hippie.
there will be no talk of sensible use of money in this dojo.

All my betting is sensible. Like my 7-1 bet tomorrow for instance

q-money
04-12-2016, 12:50 PM
Anyone here on scales of justice yesterday? #passthebucket

leftrightout
05-12-2016, 01:08 PM
Its Liverpool that always ruin me!
The reason they are running hot this year is that i leave them out now!

And i never learn... 6 legs of world football and all i need is Liverpool to be Bournemouth. Its surely not a big ask. Well apparently it is!

q-money
05-12-2016, 04:07 PM
Hong Kong International Race week :wub:

jeez i love betting into Sha Tin turf races, plays absolutely brilliantly and the jocks get the job done

All around Takedown at 8.50 in the sprint, Gary Moore has got the thing looking like a turbocharged mack truck, the thing is a beast

look at Joyful Trinity in the mile at great odds with Gerald Mosse on board :wub:

the quality of imports on offer puts Australia's carnivals to shame, Highland Reel, Maurice, A Shin Hikari, Big Arthur, Red Falx etc

Highland Reel was imperious in the Breeders Cup, 2.50 is almost too good to pass up

skippy
09-12-2016, 09:31 AM
Winning Rupert at $3's for the magic millions is easy money right?

q-money
11-12-2016, 11:38 AM
My take for HKIR today

R4 HK Vase: Hard to go past the great Highland Reel, the bloke travels the world and beats up whoever is in front of them. Whupped them at the breeders cup and should do it again today if Moore gets it right. Big Orange a threat, as with Nuovo Record and Silverwave but the Reel is the real deel. Value in exotics with HR stood out.

R5: HK Sprint
My new best mate Takedown in for the fight against the superb Big Arthur, who should be leading them home on rep and potential. Bowman on Notlistenintome last out was a revelation with the earblocks on, lined up and stormed home. The winner comes out of these three for me, Duets and exactas order of the day with some of the outsiders - Lucky Bubbles and Super Jockey especially representing value for places. Rebel Dane the pest will probably pop up as well.

R7 HK Mile: someone out of Able Friend, Logotype and Neorealism should get the chocolates. Very tough to pick but I'm with NR.

R8 HK Cup: Maurice's to lose

R10: Eagle Way returns and I reckon is the one to beat here with bowman on for Moore. Pakistan Star in the exotics but hard to back with his truly awful pattern. Will be great to watch though

q-money
11-12-2016, 10:07 PM
Maurice, Eagle Way and the exacta in the Cup did me alright for today

Takedown tough but missed the start, good closing sectionals, will still be a great horse going forward, hard as nails

ryan moore very close to being on the list

pv4
12-12-2016, 01:56 PM
A punt I've been hiding for a while now (for whatever reason) and for whatever other reason have finally felt the need to tell everyone is SB has been offering at least $3 for a penalty to be awarded, and at least $3.50 for a penalty to be scored, in Arsenal games. I haven't bothered to look thru the stats to get a cold hard confirmation but it's honestly been rare for an Arsenal game not to have a penalty scored, whether for them or the opposition. Been raking in the dimes with that punt, and did again v Stoke.

EDIT: 7/15 Arsenal league games have had a pen scored.

skippy
13-12-2016, 02:00 PM
Alright lads, I feel like putting on a ridiculous futures multi.

Give us your best shot for the next 12 months and if it comes through I will buy ya a beer.

At the moment:

Winning Rupert (Magic Millions) $3
Winx (Cox Plate) $3

PC14
13-12-2016, 02:05 PM
Borninastorm to win the InnerCity Pace.

Has been fantastic at it's two runs at Maitland this season and has, arguably, the best driver in the area racing him.

No early markets though.

pv4
13-12-2016, 02:31 PM

Give us your best shot for the next 12 months and if it comes through I will buy ya a beer.

At the moment:

Winx (Cox Plate) $3

Peter Crouch to hit his head on the This Is Anfield sign @ 501.00 is a juicy multi-filler.

q-money
13-12-2016, 02:53 PM

At the moment:

Winx (Cox Plate) $3

more of a stab in the dark than locks of the year

She Will Reign (Golden Slipper) $15
Comin' Through (Doncaster) $11
Speith (TJ Smith) $8

skippy
13-12-2016, 03:42 PM
more of a stab in the dark than locks of the year

She Will Reign (Golden Slipper) $15
Comin' Through (Doncaster) $11
Speith (TJ Smith) $8

I have had a stab at Kangas eyes at $51's for the GS, I have to watch the replay of She Will Reign heard it has some wheels.

Doncaster I am tossing up between hauraki and comin' through.

Have got my eye on Speith for the TJ as well.

q-money
13-12-2016, 03:54 PM
having panya on and claiming 2 would be a ++ for She Will Reign, will be interesting to see what she's like with a non-claimer on and not someone who rides like panya. went like a bloody missile, would have gapped Chauffeur

CT will only get better for mine and Speith was so unlucky you'd cry if you backed him last start (i didn't hahaha)

skippy
13-12-2016, 04:11 PM
having panya on and claiming 2 would be a ++ for She Will Reign, will be interesting to see what she's like with a non-claimer on and not someone who rides like panya. went like a bloody missile, would have gapped Chauffeur

CT will only get better for mine and Speith was so unlucky you'd cry if you backed him last start (i didn't hahaha)

If you are keen on on She will reign I would back it for the GS before she races in the Inglis on Saturday, rumour is Melham is replacing her for this week.

CT will hopefully do a Kermedec and agreed with Speith was huge.

leftrightout
14-12-2016, 10:20 AM
Sticking with Horses - Comin Through for Doncaster is my favourite of the ones mentioned.

My tip is GWS to win grand final at $4.50

leftrightout
14-12-2016, 10:26 AM
Also, would like to gauge interest on a little tipping comp run on the foz. Just for pride or beer if we end up finally getting together for a punt one day.

Pick the best 8 races of the Saturday, everyones tips entered by Saturday morning, points accumulated depending on where they finish... we all know the gist of it!
Would love to do points system off price they are paying but probably don't have time to run comp that involved.

Anyone keen?

pv4
14-12-2016, 10:29 AM
Observer pv4 is in

q-money
14-12-2016, 11:00 AM
Also, would like to gauge interest on a little tipping comp run on the foz. Just for pride or beer if we end up finally getting together for a punt one day.

Pick the best 8 races of the Saturday, everyones tips entered by Saturday morning, points accumulated depending on where they finish... we all know the gist of it!
Would love to do points system off price they are paying but probably don't have time to run comp that involved.

Anyone keen?

yeah lets give it a crack

PC14
14-12-2016, 11:06 AM
I'll be in that.

skippy
14-12-2016, 01:39 PM
Yeah would give it a whirl.

WolfMan
14-12-2016, 01:55 PM
In. I think odds should play a part. We could all pick short priced faves most every race if it's worth just as much as a nag paying 20/1.

Will have to agree on a single market though, TAB, Sportsbet etc.

q-money
14-12-2016, 02:02 PM
In. I think odds should play a part. We could all pick short priced faves most every race if it's worth just as much as a nag paying 20/1.

Will have to agree on a single market though, TAB, Sportsbet etc.

so like a king of the hill thing? 8 races over the day, 1 unit "bet" on each - highest combined units for stake at the end of the day is the winner?

just win/place bets only?

TAB tote odds for mine

pv4
14-12-2016, 02:08 PM
I cbf working out the maths but IMO it has to value amount of wins & odds of wins in a reasonable ratio. DrQ surely you could work something out, add a tab to your old spreadsheet or something.

I only use SB personally, because that's all I know. Feel free to teach me a different way if we head down a different path.

PC14
14-12-2016, 02:11 PM
so like a king of the hill thing? 8 races over the day, 1 unit "bet" on each - highest combined units for stake at the end of the day is the winner?

just win/place bets only?

TAB tote odds for mine

Easiest way to involve odds.

Agree - NSW tote price.

The Dunster
14-12-2016, 02:13 PM

Anyone keen?

I'm in but does it need to be eight races ? We could simply go the feature race from each state on that Saturday.

q-money
14-12-2016, 03:50 PM
ok - bit of consensus going on, nice boys

if leftrightout or I put a link to a PDF with the races + fields we've picked (be it feature races or whatever) on the Friday, and everyone just sticks their picks i.e. Race/Horse/Win/Place with a cut and paste jobby each weekend before 12pm Saturday - you reckon we're a goer?

This weekend will be a good one to start i think - how does this sound? Morphettville is garbage this week

Flemington R6
Flemington R8
Randwick R7
Randwick R8
Doomben R7

pv4
14-12-2016, 03:57 PM
let's do it

https://i.imgflip.com/17jcrl.jpg

q-money
14-12-2016, 04:08 PM
ok how about something like this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oe2h36y3g62py2u/17%20Dec%20NF%20Racing.pdf?dl=0

q-money
14-12-2016, 04:11 PM
you can then do your form or whatever where you want, then copy and paste your picks into the new thread.

official results will be based on the paying TAB win/place dividend, winner for the weekend is the bloke with the most units.

after the first week i'll whack you all in a spreadsheet and we can track who's king of the hill

WolfMan
14-12-2016, 06:38 PM
Sounds like a goer

leftrightout
14-12-2016, 11:31 PM
Good stuff guys, that came together nicely!
Happy to use NSW odds too!

Also agree just do feature races, 8 might be a bit much straight up!

I'll check out more in the morning on the bosses time but happy to help run it with Q.

The Dunster
14-12-2016, 11:34 PM
ok - bit of consensus going on, nice boys

if leftrightout or I put a link to a PDF with the races + fields we've picked (be it feature races or whatever) on the Friday, and everyone just sticks their picks i.e. Race/Horse/Win/Place with a cut and paste jobby each weekend before 12pm Saturday - you reckon we're a goer?

This weekend will be a good one to start i think - how does this sound? Morphettville is garbage this week

Flemington R6
Flemington R8
Randwick R7
Randwick R8
Doomben R7

Sounds good. I'm in.

q-money
15-12-2016, 12:40 PM
just thinking, do you want to go a unit based approach?

i.e. 100 units to bet in total on all races before the jump, rather than just 1 unit each race?

could be a bit more interesting

WolfMan
15-12-2016, 12:56 PM

i.e. 100 units to bet in total on all races before the jump, rather than just 1 unit each race?

I like it

leftrightout
15-12-2016, 01:53 PM

Sounds good, should be reasonably easy to keep track of!
Do you have to use 100 over all races. Can you go all in on one race?

q-money
15-12-2016, 02:24 PM
Sounds good, should be reasonably easy to keep track of!
Do you have to use 100 over all races. Can you go all in on one race?

i reckon you have to go in on each race, sitting out is for the weak, like blokes that would cash out their quaddie

skippy
15-12-2016, 02:37 PM
i reckon you have to go in on each race, sitting out is for the weak, like blokes that would cash out their quaddie

Agreed don't be a bitch, keeps it a more level playing field.

leftrightout
16-12-2016, 09:23 AM
Agreed don't be a bitch, keeps it a more level playing field.

Haha agreed, i was just wanting to clarify the rules.

So deadline for tomorrow is midday... get your tips in lads!
Looks like an unproductive arvo of work!

PC14
16-12-2016, 09:43 AM
Saintly added to the list of great horses that have passed this year.

q-money
16-12-2016, 12:16 PM
King of the Hill thread now open....carn

The Dunster
16-12-2016, 02:57 PM
Saintly added to the list of great horses that have passed this year.

He raced with probably the best crop of 3 year olds this country has ever seen, won at G1 level from 1400m to 3200m, and managed the Cox plate / Melb Cup in the same season.

Great Horse who would be more than a match for anything going around in Australia today - and would also have Winx well and truly covered at 12f and beyond.

The Dunster
16-12-2016, 05:12 PM
King of the Hill thread now open....carn

Great work Q a few of us already have our selections up and by the looks of things there's a bit of variety as well in them.

PC14
17-12-2016, 01:08 AM
Loving the spread in the King of The Hill thread.

q-money
17-12-2016, 11:42 AM
plague, get in the game

The Dunster
17-12-2016, 12:34 PM
plague, get in the game

This.

skippy
17-12-2016, 07:52 PM
Winning Rupert and she will reign look pretty special.

q-money
17-12-2016, 09:58 PM
well i went terribly on the KOTH, however stripped out a ton of cash today at morphettville and the early races at randwick with Moher and Kinsachi

i was absolutely blasting Dibyani home then that pest Sense of Occasion pops up and ruins it for everyone

how's the quads at randwick and flemmo today fmd, 67k for the both

plague
18-12-2016, 06:18 PM
plague, get in the game
What?

q-money
18-12-2016, 08:39 PM
What?

we wanted you in the KOTH thread. we assumed you'd be even better with pretend money than real money

plague
18-12-2016, 09:47 PM
we wanted you in the KOTH thread. we assumed you'd be even better with pretend money than real money

oh.
im not real flash this time of year, papa has to go work for this 8 week period so time is limited. will check it out can i still play week to week or is it a perpetual thing?

also who the **** bets with pretend money?

also, took the $3.10 on the Jets yeah boiz.
also, Dibiyani, god****erndamnit.

leftrightout
18-12-2016, 10:01 PM
oh.
im not real flash this time of year, papa has to go work for this 8 week period so time is limited. will check it out can i still play week to week or is it a perpetual thing?

also, took the $3.10 on the Jets yeah boiz.
also, Dibiyani, god****erndamnit.

Dibayani, always the bridesmaid! I'm pretty sure I only said it about that bloody thing a month ago on this forum. I still back it but!

q-money
18-12-2016, 11:15 PM
oh.

you're not going to drop behind, only 2 blokes even got on the scoreboard ffs

The Dunster
23-12-2016, 06:28 PM
KOTH is on again for tomorrow and looks difficult once again. Anything with any quality about it will be carrying the grandstand on its back , and any lightweight chances are running at 5/2 or shorter.

q-money
23-12-2016, 08:02 PM
Diabolical races, hard to even pick the races I wanted let alone the horses ffs!

Arima Kinen in Tokyo on Xmas day is very exciting, skip away from the family about 5pm to watch the worlds most bet into race. The superb Kitasan Black on top will take some beating

The Dunster
24-12-2016, 05:50 PM
http://whythehellwouldyoucare.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/RandyMarshJizz.jpg

Ecuador @ $10.90 :wub:

pv4
03-01-2017, 01:38 PM
Victory paying $1.95 to beat Adelaide this week

skippy
03-01-2017, 02:17 PM
Alright who we on for the MM 2 year olds??

I'm keen on single bullet but don't know if it will get a run without racing this weekend which is a huge risk.

Think my other early pick Dinnigan will be spelled didn't make enough $$ to qualify.

Madeenty looks good on race experience alone but was getting run down hard last start.

Leaves me with From Within and Ours to Keep depending on barrier draw but will multi them both up with winning rupert and hopefully one gets up.

Hope you got in early on Winning Rupert into $1.70 for the 3 year old.

leftrightout
03-01-2017, 10:28 PM
Victory paying $1.95 to beat Adelaide this week

Already in my weekly multi, that there is value!

q-money
03-01-2017, 10:43 PM
Alright who we on for the MM 2 year olds??

I'm keen on single bullet but don't know if it will get a run without racing this weekend which is a huge risk.

Think my other early pick Dinnigan will be spelled didn't make enough $$ to qualify.

Madeenty looks good on race experience alone but was getting run down hard last start.

Leaves me with From Within and Ours to Keep depending on barrier draw but will multi them both up with winning rupert and hopefully one gets up.

Hope you got in early on Winning Rupert into $1.70 for the 3 year old.

I think Global Glamour is still trapped back in the pack from the weekend, what a shocker from Angland, Ghisoni-esque

hard to back anything other than old mate WR. couldn't ask for a better jock than lloyd on either, should absolutely piss it in

dunno if i can have From Within, not sure i'll be leaping into the futures on the 2 year olds at the moment.

skippy
07-01-2017, 10:15 AM
Alright lads, what else we keen on today?

For me double up single bullet into the fav in the 1st at Adelaide to get a bit of a kitty going.

plague
07-01-2017, 12:27 PM
Just letting you know we nailed draw into draw last weekends a-league games at 14/1 then we got big result last night on Citeh but some plonker has loaded up on Roar into Victory so we'll be busted again after the Jets ruin our hot streak. Book it.

plague
07-01-2017, 12:30 PM
Oh and funniest loss in a long time as texts were flying the other weekend one bloke read "Rousey knock out" as Rousey gonna knock Nunez out and loaded up but homie meant Rousey gonna get knocked out so as she went down one bloke is cheering the other is looking at him like 'why are you so happy we lost'.

Tremendous scenes after that.

Good to be back gambling again after a few weeks having to be a grown up.

Read nowt on the donkeys though. Keep the tips coming lads I might be back in the game this arvo.

skippy
07-01-2017, 03:20 PM
Alright lads, what else we keen on today?

For me double up single bullet into the fav in the 1st at Adelaide to get a bit of a kitty going.

****ing 2yo $1.7 favourites I should know better, I don't but I should.

plague
07-01-2017, 08:43 PM
Just letting you know we nailed draw into draw last weekends a-league games at 14/1 then we got big result last night on Citeh but some plonker has loaded up on Roar into Victory so we'll be busted again after the Jets ruin our hot streak. Book it.

If I could make bets on me making bad bets I'd be rolling.

The Dunster
07-01-2017, 09:27 PM
My selection from my betting system for race 9 IN Sydney was King Darci. But I decided to over ride my system because the horse had no form on a heavy track.
As you would expect - King Darci won.
And to piss me off even more it won at 3/1. farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.
Burning front did get up for me though at 11/2 so happy with that.

q-money
08-01-2017, 12:46 AM
I had one of the great strip outs today

dal cielo, 3x eckstein/aomen exacta at GC and a nice enough slice of the Caulfield quad.

Am moving into Hawks old place soon ay...

Fuming I didn't take the 15 fixeds place about old mate Kings Officer yesterday when the track got downgraded - who I have pegged as one of the best heavy trackers in the country along with Signposted. Loaded into the win at 66 ffs

Old Skip got the juicy 4.90 tote place I hear though hahha

pv4
08-01-2017, 02:05 PM
Already in my weekly multi, that there is value!

Eeeeeeeasssy!

q-money
15-01-2017, 10:56 PM
what an absolutely savage day on the punt ffs

The Dunster
15-01-2017, 11:23 PM
what an absolutely savage day on the punt ffs

On course Bookies at the Gold Coast would have been hiring trucks to carry all the money. A lot of well booked horses failing big time on Saturday - none worse than Winning Rupert.

pv4
16-01-2017, 09:30 AM
Got on the Sydney Derby to be a snore draw @ 12.00 thanks for comin' lads.

skippy
16-01-2017, 01:36 PM
On course Bookies at the Gold Coast would have been hiring trucks to carry all the money. A lot of well booked horses failing big time on Saturday - none worse than Winning Rupert.

haha as we know I had been on Winning Rupert for a while just chipping away, I don't even want to add up what the prick cost me but had over 20 bets riding on him.

Should have laid him on betfair to be honest after getting early overs for him.

On a side note as if punting wasn't bad enough, who is joining myself and Q on a new money losing adventure of horse ownership? We just got a couple of shares in a horse going to Kris Lees, have a look at mirunners.com cheap enough for a unit.

WolfMan
16-01-2017, 02:09 PM
haha as we know I had been on Winning Rupert for a while just chipping away, I don't even want to add up what the prick cost me but had over 20 bets riding on him.

Should have laid him on betfair to be honest after getting early overs for him.

On a side note as if punting wasn't bad enough, who is joining myself and Q on a new money losing adventure of horse ownership? We just got a couple of shares in a horse going to Kris Lees, have a look at mirunners.com cheap enough for a unit.

If I wasn't balls deep in wedding costs, I'd be up for it.

Personal question, don't have to answer it - how many shares are you blokes in for?

skippy
16-01-2017, 02:21 PM
If I wasn't balls deep in wedding costs, I'd be up for it.

Personal question, don't have to answer it - how many shares are you blokes in for?

hahaha I had to slip this one in before the missus knows. 1 share each just to see how it goes.

q-money
16-01-2017, 02:29 PM
we're in for 1 unit each (so effectively 0.1%)

1 unit is $165, with a $10 admin fee a month regardless of unit holding, and costs of $3-6 per month per unit for training.

the training fees will vary depending on whether it needs to be vetted or what it's entered into, but your liability is tied to the size of your unit holding. so if there's a 5K vet fee you're up for $5 per share if you hold 1 unit

don't see it returning a massive amount but it's a bit of fun

pv4
16-01-2017, 05:12 PM
Toot toot

q-money
16-01-2017, 05:15 PM
Circle Jerk

The Dunster
16-01-2017, 05:50 PM
we're in for 1 unit each (so effectively 0.1%)

1 unit is $165, with a $10 admin fee a month regardless of unit holding, and costs of $3-6 per month per unit for training.

the training fees will vary depending on whether it needs to be vetted or what it's entered into, but your liability is tied to the size of your unit holding. so if there's a 5K vet fee you're up for $5 per share if you hold 1 unit

don't see it returning a massive amount but it's a bit of fun

Do you know anything about the horse as in breeding or sex ?I'm assuming it's a yearling and you now have to wait a year or two before it's ready to attempt getting onto the track ?

q-money
16-01-2017, 06:08 PM
Do you know anything about the horse as in breeding or sex ?I'm assuming it's a yearling and you now have to wait a year or two before it's ready to attempt getting onto the track ?

yep, here he is

http://ecat.magicmillions.com.au/viewLot/189/747

pv4
16-01-2017, 07:26 PM
yep, here he is

And I have named him Circlejerk

WolfMan
16-01-2017, 07:50 PM
I've been hanging on to this for years in hopes that I may own naming rights for a horse - but feel free to use it for yourself.

Miface.

Women all dolled up at Royal Randwick, yelling "come on, Miface!"

The Dunster
17-01-2017, 09:35 AM
I've been hanging on to this for years in hopes that I may own naming rights for a horse - but feel free to use it for yourself.

Miface.

Women all dolled up at Royal Randwick, yelling "come on, Miface!"

/thread. Nothing could ever be more awesome than this post.

The Dunster
17-01-2017, 09:41 AM
yep, here he is

Nice. He should be right to run as a two-year old. Has a shit load of speed in his breeding with Star Kingdom and Mr Prospector. Definitely breed to win early and with a few slipper winners in the pedigree as well.

q-money
17-01-2017, 10:24 AM
bit of Bletchingly in there too

The Dunster
17-01-2017, 10:52 AM
bit of Bletchingly in there too

That's why I mentioned Star Kingdom. He sired Biscay who sired Bletchingly.
Star Kingdom. Produced the first five Golden Slipper winners. From memory I think Biscay and Bletchingly had stud fees of $200k plus in the 1980's which was an insane amount of money back then.
What made the Star Kingdom line special was that they could sprint but they could also throw up a horse that could run any distance like Sky High or Kingston Town - Hence the ridiculous stud fees.

q-money
17-01-2017, 11:22 AM
Xtravagant scratched out the NZ G1 Telegraph, surely Odyssey Moon just wins it

poor old Xtravagant, just can't get it done anymore

q-money
17-01-2017, 11:22 AM
That's why I mentioned Star Kingdom. He sired Biscay who sired Bletchingly.
Star Kingdom. Produced the first five Golden Slipper winners. From memory I think Biscay and Bletchingly had stud fees of $200k plus in the 1980's which was an insane amount of money back then.
What made the Star Kingdom line special was that they could sprint but they could also throw up a horse that could run any distance like Sky High or Kingston Town - Hence the ridiculous stud fees.

cheers mate, always appreciate it, was awaiting your eye over it!

q-money
26-01-2017, 11:51 PM
my mate Xtravagant, the epic money muncher has been retired to stud.

thank god, because i'd probably do my arse on him again if he showed up again this spring

https://www.racenet.com.au/news/130675/Group-I-winner-retired-to-stud

The Dunster
26-01-2017, 11:54 PM
my mate Xtravagant, the epic money muncher has been retired to stud.

thank god, because i'd probably do my arse on him again if he showed up again this spring

https://www.racenet.com.au/news/130675/Group-I-winner-retired-to-stud

What odds he's impotent ?

Jokes aside he's beautifully bred. Worth following his progeny for sure.

q-money
27-01-2017, 04:09 PM
Black Heart Bart/Barthelona/Music Magnate looks like a very decent $23 play for the multi players out there

pv4
09-02-2017, 09:00 AM
Sp*rs paying 3.20 to beat Liverpool this weekend. Juicy.

Also, Gypos paying 6.25 to beat WSW hard to pass up for that kind of odds, even with low expectations.

Bon
09-02-2017, 09:07 AM
Sp*rs paying 3.20 to beat Liverpool this weekend. Juicy.

Also, Gypos paying 6.25 to beat WSW hard to pass up for that kind of odds, even with low expectations.

So typical of you to be advocating and encouraging betting on your brethren..

pv4
09-02-2017, 12:24 PM
Roar paying 2.50 to beat City's youth side is also v tasty.

plague
11-02-2017, 05:59 PM
Our punters club has 3/4 at Caulfield in the quaddie watch us get smoked in the last.

Good to be back on the punt.

Caaaarrrrnnnn

plague
11-02-2017, 06:29 PM
Beaten by a nose in the last to kill the quaddie.

God bless gambling.

q-money
11-02-2017, 08:04 PM
I took super cash out of mine ffs

q-money
11-02-2017, 09:49 PM
sickening

plague
11-02-2017, 10:57 PM
our bail out is a multi for all 5 a-league games to go over the 2.5 goals this weekend.
3 for 3, setting it up perfectly for the Jets to kill us on Monday night.

caaaarrrnnnn

GazFish35
12-02-2017, 12:01 AM
FWIW

My A-League draw system is up about 50% this season so far

pv4
13-02-2017, 08:57 AM

Juicy as hell.

leftrightout
13-02-2017, 01:28 PM
Is Randwick televised on free to air today?

PC14
13-02-2017, 05:27 PM
Le Romain proving to be a great horse for Kris Lees. Happy I got on today.

Not sure on the free to air but it is free entry into Randwick today.

Edit - Now Invincible Gem. Should have had doubled up.

Edit - 7Two has coverage of the Apollo from 530.

q-money
13-02-2017, 07:24 PM
The best horse I've ever seen in the flesh. What a privilege to watch her

PC14
13-02-2017, 08:06 PM
She'd be the best I have seen in the flesh too.

As much I loved watching Black Caviar run, Winx is something else.

Maybe I never truly appreciated what BC did, but I never went out of my way to watch the horse run. Winx on the other hand, I will stop whatever I am doing to watch.

A couple of mates are probably going to organise a trip to the big smoke to watch her again this prep.

Edit - A great day for Kris Lees today. 3 wins and a couple of placings.

skippy
13-02-2017, 08:35 PM

Maybe I never truly appreciated what BC did, but I never went out of my way to watch the horse run. Winx on the other hand, I will stop whatever I am doing to watch.

A couple of mates are probably going to organise a trip to the big smoke to watch her again this prep.

Edit - A great day for Kris Lees today. 3 wins and a couple of placings.

I hear the queen Elizabeth is a goer ��

leftrightout
13-02-2017, 09:54 PM
There was no form anywhere in the race so a win was expected on pure ability. In saying that, the win was so convincing. I think anyone who thought what she did last year was good is going to her their mind blown now. On that 1st up run id bet on no win being less than 2 lengths... what an athlete!

Did anyone see Wallers interview pre race on 7? You could tell he already wanted to tell everyone the kind of condition she was in!

The Dunster
13-02-2017, 09:58 PM
The best horse I've ever seen in the flesh. What a privilege to watch her

From seven furlongs to a mile and a quarter I would say she is equal to Kingston Town at WFA. Beyond that he'd well and truly have her covered as would So you think.

q-money
13-02-2017, 11:17 PM
I'm only saying in the flesh!

Lots of chat about her not beating the best - but you can only beat what's in front of you and she has panels on them under the conditions. Highland Reel came out and had a crack and she beat him to a pulp. Maurice never tried, all the Yanks are on drugs and the English race for peanuts. Send them over, she'll send them back in a box

plague
14-02-2017, 12:09 AM

Dunster was an old man when Old Rowley saluted at 100/1

He's seen rocks get old.

q-money
14-02-2017, 12:12 AM

should have the KOTH grand final at randwick on QEII day.

skip can fly us in hawk's private jet

The Dunster
14-02-2017, 02:40 AM

Lots of chat about her not beating the best - but you can only beat what's in front of you and she has panels on them under the conditions. Highland Reel came out and had a crack and she beat him to a pulp. Maurice never tried, all the Yanks are on drugs and the English race for peanuts. Send them over, she'll send them back in a box

Connections and trainer have already said if she wins a third Cox plate in good style Winx will be off to Europe for a full campaign.
I'd like to see her have a crack at an Arc - because anything less will still give the doubters something to talk about.
There's a question mark over the distance but given how relaxed she is I can't see why it would be out of the question.
Alternatively she could race on the dirt in the Breeders Cup Classic over a mile and a quarter - Her breeding say's she can run on dirt and there would not be an issue getting he accepted into the race either.

The Dunster
14-02-2017, 02:57 AM

If you check out the sectionals BC ran she was in a league of her own. On reputation only Todman, Vain, and Manikato could be considered comparable but purely on sectionals she would have destroyed them all.
BC could cover 600m in 31.5seconds and averaged over 19.5 metres per second- which no other horse in history could ever match.
Most Horses take 30 strides to cover a furlong - BC averaged 24 strides.
She was a freak of nature.
Winx is a fabulous horse and much more exciting to watch than BC - or any 1200m horse for that matter. Her effortless acceleration and economical stride is what draws people to her - even if they don't realise it. Much the same as a horse like Frankel a few years back, Shergar did in the 80's or Sea Bird did in the 1960's.
Then you have horses like Better Loosen Up, Kingston Town, Lohnro, and Sea the Stars who could make several runs in a race and win from what looked like hopeless positions. this group being the ones I enjoy watching the most.

q-money
14-02-2017, 10:26 PM
Connections and trainer have already said if she wins a third Cox plate in good style Winx will be off to Europe for a full campaign.
I'd like to see her have a crack at an Arc - because anything less will still give the doubters something to talk about.
There's a question mark over the distance but given how relaxed she is I can't see why it would be out of the question.
Alternatively she could race on the dirt in the Breeders Cup Classic over a mile and a quarter - Her breeding say's she can run on dirt and there would not be an issue getting he accepted into the race either.
why bother going to race the Lasix dopers in the states?

Arc first then breeders classic dirt imo

The Dunster
14-02-2017, 11:20 PM
why bother going to race the Lasix dopers in the states?

Arc first then breeders classic dirt imo

Over a mile I don't see anything in Europe beating Winx. The question is can she run a mile and a half in the Arc ? I don't think it will be an issue if her breeding is anything to go by - both sides suggest she can.

q-money
15-02-2017, 11:50 PM
am very interested to watch She Will Reign over the 1200

loaded in to a stupid amount of multis with her after the kembla grange destruction she put on in december, which are now all dead thanks to Winning Rupert's bung foot but i don't think there's much than can catch her when she turns the burners on. possibly Khan but what she did on the heavy 9 at randwick on the 17th from the turn was serious stuff. won't be diving in at 1.70 but defo stand her out in the exotics.

The Dunster
16-02-2017, 01:45 PM
am very interested to watch She Will Reign over the 1200

loaded in to a stupid amount of multis with her after the kembla grange destruction she put on in december, which are now all dead thanks to Winning Rupert's bung foot but i don't think there's much than can catch her when she turns the burners on. possibly Khan but what she did on the heavy 9 at randwick on the 17th from the turn was serious stuff. won't be diving in at 1.70 but defo stand her out in the exotics.

1200m won't be an issue. This horse has some good old fashion Star Kingdom Bloodlines so she's effectively bred to win the slipper. And for $20k I think the owners have done exceptionally well.

leftrightout
17-02-2017, 08:42 AM
Jets paying 3.20 this weekend, it's very tempting but will it just make the misery worse?

plague
20-02-2017, 05:30 PM
Righto boys I'll let you in on it because I love you all, and because your boy Plague has already backed the truck up and unloaded.

Gypos win or draw paying $2.10

You read it here lads, a double up that only gets thwarted if the stinky ass Jets win a game of football.

Already planning the next trip to Vegas. Tip in here lads and come with me.

q-money
20-02-2017, 05:40 PM
:rof:

i don't even bother to bet into jets games anymore, may as well just chuck your money in the bin

terravista winning on saturday was also particularly galling, seeing as i had flamberge at $51 ffs. i thought i was rich

q-money
20-02-2017, 08:39 PM
possibly Khan

khan :lol:

might end up being gelded and running around in class 1's at cessnock the way he's going

q-money
20-02-2017, 11:37 PM
tosen stardom $81 for the donny, you heard it here first :wub:

plague
21-02-2017, 12:25 AM
also: Real Madrid @5's for the Champions League title.

Thats as good as you'll get em from here on in.

pv4
21-02-2017, 01:17 PM
tosen stardom $81 for the donny, you heard it here first :wub:

Let's do it hnnnggggg

The Dunster
21-02-2017, 01:39 PM
khan :lol:

might end up being gelded and running around in class 1's at cessnock the way he's going

Isn't he currently standing at Windsor Park in NZ ? Or have they just purchased a share in him ?

Not a million years would they geld him. His breeding is simply too good. Bold Ruler, Danehill, Danzig, Northern Dancer, Secretariat, and Vain are strong in his bloodlines. So his progeny would potentially be able to cover 5f to 16f.

q-money
21-02-2017, 02:01 PM
Isn't he currently standing at Windsor Park in NZ ? Or have they just purchased a share in him ?

Not a million years would they geld him. His breeding is simply too good. Bold Ruler, Danehill, Danzig, Northern Dancer, Secretariat, and Vain are strong in his bloodlines. So his progeny would potentially be able to cover 5f to 16f.

he's a very lucky boy, because he certainly can't cover it on saturday's performance :rof:

probably wanted to root She Will Reign...might have to speed up a bit

q-money
21-02-2017, 02:03 PM
speaking of expensive flops, check out the bloodlines on this bloke...

http://geraldryanracing.com.au/horse/america

1.8 million for a snitzel x alinghi colt...has made 2 grand so far and doesn't even look like being interested in racing

The Dunster
21-02-2017, 03:29 PM
speaking of expensive flops, check out the bloodlines on this bloke...

http://geraldryanracing.com.au/horse/america

1.8 million for a snitzel x alinghi colt...has made 2 grand so far and doesn't even look like being interested in racing

It's pedigree doesn't deserve that sort of money. Bred to win a Slipper - but you can get very close to that or better for $100k without much effort at all.

The Dunster
21-02-2017, 03:30 PM
he's a very lucky boy, because he certainly can't cover it on saturday's performance :rof:

probably wanted to root She Will Reign...might have to speed up a bit

Damn it - I was thinking Mongolian Khan . I got the wrong horse. Sorry about that.

She Will Reign though is an exceptionally talented 2 year old.

skippy
21-02-2017, 03:36 PM
Anyone know if Houtzen is heading to the slipper?

Seems like everyone has forgotten about her.

The Dunster
21-02-2017, 03:52 PM

Nominated for Rosehill - Sat, 18 Mar 2017 - LONGINES GOLDEN SLIPPER

Trainer wants one more run before the Slipper but doesn't want to face She Will Reign until the Golden Slipper.
Not afraid or anything just wants them to meet when it counts.

https://www.racenet.com.au/news/131364/Toby-Edmonds-plans-Houtzen's-next-start

PC14
25-02-2017, 03:56 PM

Had a jump out at Doomben today. Won by 2 lengths, not touched.

q-money
25-02-2017, 10:37 PM
tosen stardom at 1400 almost beats the great BHB...who was watching

q-money
05-03-2017, 11:37 PM
khan fails again...not that it was really his race, but apart from looking like an absolute rockstar has this bloke got any upside?

tim clark flying under the radar for the black opal, absolutely juicy odds, wish i bothered to look down the bottom of the card ffs. i didn't rate trekking one bit either, even with the Gun on board, oh well

how's the magic man today at sha tin...paid for a lot of new apartments in sydney for the chinese investors methinks. didn't exactly boot home eight 1.50 shots. what a jockey

q-money
13-03-2017, 03:30 PM
question to the buffs - how much part does breeding play for you when doing form? do you think it clouds your judgement on the actual ability of a horse?

for instance - i'm a huge fan of horses by Written Tycoon - but is the sheer number of them out there clouding the actual effectiveness of him as a sire?

are there weighted figures or a metric out there anywhere? i.e. overall effectiveness of runners/winners by sire?

any discussion welcome - dunster would like to hear your thoughts especially

The Dunster
13-03-2017, 06:42 PM
question to the buffs - how much part does breeding play for you when doing form? do you think it clouds your judgement on the actual ability of a horse?

for instance - i'm a huge fan of horses by Written Tycoon - but is the sheer number of them out there clouding the actual effectiveness of him as a sire?

are there weighted figures or a metric out there anywhere? i.e. overall effectiveness of runners/winners by sire?

any discussion welcome - dunster would like to hear your thoughts especially

http://www.breednet.com.au/sire/Written-Tycoon will give you the stats on your boy Written Tycoon's progeny - and a few easy to digest graphs showing performances with respect to distances. Around 68% of his racing progeny have won races - that is a very good figure if not exceptional.

He's very well bred by the way - Written Tycoon - Staying ability and middle distance flair on the stallions side going back to the super horse Nearco and a few other champions as well. On the Dam side it's the Star Kingdom line of pure speed and early development with the likes of Biscay and Marscay.
Sounds great but is actually quite tricky to work out what you are going to get from him. You could get a miracle horse capable of running from 6f to two miles, maybe a sprinter, or maybe a middle distance type - it's a lottery.

Technically you can train a horse to run any distance but in general they usually perform their best over a narrow band of distances. In the case of Written Tycoon I think his breeding while good is very broad and not specific enough to be able to target what distances his progeny will be best suited over. Hence, it comes down to what the trainer sets them for and how well the horse responds.
If I wanted a Slipper or Sires type horse I'd rather get a purely bred for speed type than roll the dice - unfortunately this is very costly and again no certainties either.

Then there is also a lot of luck involved as the foal develops with respect to illness, injury, and so on. Most of them never get to the track let alone win anything.

Hence, I wouldn't spend too long looking at breeding when going over the form guide. Fitness and how comfortable the horse is in it's surroundings are far more important. Just don't expect a horse bred from two dour stayers to win a slipper or two sprintrs to produce a Melb Cup winner - It happens sure, but it's rare.

q-money
13-03-2017, 09:41 PM
thanks mate, ripper insight as usual - appreciate it!

leftrightout
15-03-2017, 09:48 PM
Slipper thoughts lads? Or is everyone hiding their thoughts due to the cut throat nature of KOTH?

Me? I still like She Will Reign and has a bit of value now!

q-money
15-03-2017, 10:21 PM
haha. i am at a legit loss for anything in the slipper tbh

i really liked single bullet at odds, but i think he may have gone amiss today.

houtzen is a super chance, SWR is also but the track will level it up. a blow out probably on the cards.

i still can't believe I got $10 for capitalist last year ffs. amazing.

the rest of the card on saturday is super! prized icon, tosen stardom, winx, yeeeeeee

skippy
16-03-2017, 09:16 AM
Well I had 4 early bets trying to snag some good odds and 3 of them aren't running, so apparently my judgement is shit.

Houtzen is the only one still in the running so will be cheering her on, other than that with the weather throw a dart at a board.

leftrightout
16-03-2017, 09:22 AM
haha. i am at a legit loss for anything in the slipper tbh

i really liked single bullet at odds, but i think he may have gone amiss today.

houtzen is a super chance, SWR is also but the track will level it up. a blow out probably on the cards.

i still can't believe I got $10 for capitalist last year ffs. amazing.

the rest of the card on saturday is super! prized icon, tosen stardom, winx, yeeeeeee

Yeah i am still loving that run last year, i loaded up on it too!

And oh yeah, what a day of racing, doubt you will get a better line up anytime this year!
I was planning on heading down this year but other things come up as they do... hope the weather clears up for it!

q-money
16-03-2017, 10:50 AM
you can get 46 about Single Bullet on SB

https://twitter.com/GaryPortelli/status/842115970625810432

reportedly is OK. get on lads

PC14
16-03-2017, 11:37 AM
I'm not sure SWR got through the ground as well last time out. Sure, the winner was on better ground, but it just seemed to me to have felt the first run on heavy ground. Won't be leaving her out of my multiples though.

I'll probably have a 5/6 horse trifecta. SWR, Houtzen, Invader, Diamond of Tathagata (backed it and liked it's run last time), Frolic + Catchy.

Other then Catchy, I'm very much looking at Sydney form in the wet.

q-money
16-03-2017, 11:50 AM
weir took TS out with the weather, and will run it in the Blamey this weekend, aiming at the Donny still

am praying for it as I took the $81, pls

q-money
16-03-2017, 11:54 AM
I'm not sure SWR got through the ground as well last time out. Sure, the winner was on better ground, but it just seemed to me to have felt the first run on heavy ground. Won't be leaving her out of my multiples though.

I'll probably have a 5/6 horse trifecta. SWR, Houtzen, Invader, Diamond of Tathagata (backed it and liked it's run last time), Frolic + Catchy.

Other then Catchy, I'm very much looking at Sydney form in the wet.

Trekking and Trapeze Artist will go into my multiples and will have a stab at the Artist on a powerplay on SB tomorrow out of the Black Opal

menari paying $6 to run top 5 on Ubet i read as well

skippy
16-03-2017, 12:37 PM
weir took TS out with the weather, and will run it in the Blamey this weekend, aiming at the Donny still

Pray for some sunshine.

The Dunster
16-03-2017, 04:24 PM
Slipper thoughts lads? Or is everyone hiding their thoughts due to the cut throat nature of KOTH?

Me? I still like She Will Reign and has a bit of value now!

The reason I backed Frolic to beat She Will Reign last start both here and for real is that Frolic loves the big open track at Randwick and that I had massive reservations about She Will Reign being able to run out the 1200m.
From that race I now believe that She Will Reign can run the 1200m. The reason she lost was that she appeared to lose concentration down the stretch as many young horses can at Randwick - the distance / tactics was never an issue.
The winner, Frolic, loves Randwick and ran as I expected he would - but he's still a question mark anywhere else, especially on a tight course where he can't find his own space.
If there is a lot of pace in the Slipper Frolic is a good chance provided he gets a quiet run - but again I have massive doubts about him handling Rosehill.
She Will Reign is a much better horse at Rosehill and I would expect her to be well and truly in the finish - Barrier 13 though makes it difficult.
Houtzen is good but barrier 16 wipes him out for me - He might win, but he's going to need to be very special to do so.
I'm tossing up between Tulip and Single Bullet who are both at good odds and each with strong claims to win the race.
The only issues are that Tulip has massive ability but absolutely no racing smarts - Calling her Green is an understatement - but if she stays calm and gets it right - I think she will go very close.
Single Bullet is the best value runner in the race and has been well and truly off everyone's radar. But the facts are he never runs a bad race, knows how to find the line even under pressure, likes the track, and has won over the course, and will line up very fit.

I will probably be backing Single Bullet - unless something changes in the next 24 hours or so.

pv4
16-03-2017, 05:00 PM

Carn TS, got on it when you put the $81 heads up also.

pv4
16-03-2017, 05:01 PM
Nabbout @ 15.00 for first goal scorer this weekend is juicy.

leftrightout
18-03-2017, 03:56 PM
She is almost hypnotising to watch isn't she... Gives me goosebumps every time!

q-money
18-03-2017, 04:13 PM
makes champions look second rate

The Dunster
18-03-2017, 04:43 PM
makes champions look second rate

Yep. I cannot recall a horse so dominant between 1400m to 2000m on all track conditions.
I really think the 3rd Cox plate is a total waste of time now. I'd be putting her in the paddock after the QE Stakes - and be looking to ship her to Europe, get her acclimatised, embarrass their best horses, then take her around for Frankel to give a solid rogering.

q-money
18-03-2017, 05:25 PM
jeez you'd love to own a horse like Le Romain though, gives you everything, every time

leftrightout
18-03-2017, 05:55 PM
jeez you'd love to own a horse like Le Romain though, gives you everything, every time

Yep a horse that keeps running hard... beating a horse like chat is nothing to be sneezed at!

q-money
18-03-2017, 06:53 PM
carnage.

i think i'll just stick to hong kong ffs :rof:

skippy
19-03-2017, 08:09 PM
Yep. I cannot recall a horse so dominant between 1400m to 2000m on all track conditions.
I really think the 3rd Cox plate is a total waste of time now. I'd be putting her in the paddock after the QE Stakes - and be looking to ship her to Europe, get her acclimatised, embarrass their best horses, then take her around for Frankel to give a solid rogering.

I hope they don't due to the multitude errors bets I have heading for the cox plate, into $1.80 now 200 odd days out.

pv4
20-03-2017, 10:55 AM
attenzione: q

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4539114/coalfields-crew-enjoy-golden-slipper-reign/?cs=306

As for selecting She Will Reign, Nick said he would “take credit for picking it but it was all luck”.

“I’ve followed racing and I’ve always liked Manhattan Rain, the sire, and it’s all luck, but good luck,” he said.

PC14
23-03-2017, 03:33 PM
Jets are $8 for wooden spoon. 4 points off bottom.

The Dunster
23-03-2017, 03:50 PM

If Adelaide can win twice and the Jets can only manage a single draw in the last 4 games then it's a pay out.

In typical Jets fashion they will lose the next three games and beat Sydney FC in the final round to kill the bet.

q-money
24-03-2017, 04:53 PM
anyway here's wonderwall

moonee valley R6: first seal
moonee valley R7: silent sedition, rock magic e/w (just an aside SS doesn't miss much. placed in 93% of 15 races, most of them at group 2/3 level and katie mallyon is on board, could do worse than the $2 thats about. rock magic g1 placed behind takedown and 3x first up winner, can find something)
moonee valley R9: moral outrage e/w

skippy
24-03-2017, 05:08 PM

Got the useless pricks at $9.50 watch them do something stupid like win a game now.

plague
25-03-2017, 02:40 PM
Got the useless pricks at $9.50 watch them do something stupid like win a game now.

lets hope not, i have the Panthers -14.5 (playing the useless Knights) into the Nix to win.

Halfway there to the Newy disaster double.

caaarrrnnnn.

skippy
26-03-2017, 08:33 AM
Do yourselves a favour and watch arrogates win this morning in Dubai.

The Dunster
26-03-2017, 12:13 PM
Do yourselves a favour and watch arrogates win this morning in Dubai.

They really know how to train their horses at Al-Qaeda. Pretty funny how the dumb ass Americans claim the horse as their own.
Yes it was a good win, but I cannot get excited about the horse given the khunts that own him and their abysmal human rights record.

plague
26-03-2017, 08:33 PM
Knights losing by more than 14.5 and the Jets to lose paid $4.91 this weekend.

Please take a minute to process how absurd that was.

Take your time, I've got a bit of cash to count.

what a weekend.

q-money
26-03-2017, 09:56 PM
They really know how to train their horses at Al-Qaeda. Pretty funny how the dumb ass Americans claim the horse as their own.
Yes it was a good win, but I cannot get excited about the horse given the khunts that own him and their abysmal human rights record.

a great horse will be even better when it's on lasix.

arrogate ran without lasix at the DWC, some win.

The Dunster
26-03-2017, 09:59 PM
a great horse will be even better when it's on lasix.

arrogate ran without lasix at the DWC, some win.

Has he been on lasix in the past ?

q-money
26-03-2017, 10:09 PM
Has he been on lasix in the past ?
first time racing off it.

i understand that it decreases the likelihood of bleeds and increases a horses longevity, but seriously - you can dope to your hearts content on it. dope your horse through work and get it on lasix and the horse will just piss it out, 15 litres in the first hour. it's cheating plain and simple.

The Dunster
26-03-2017, 10:57 PM
first time racing off it.

i understand that it decreases the likelihood of bleeds and increases a horses longevity, but seriously - you can dope to your hearts content on it. dope your horse through work and get it on lasix and the horse will just piss it out, 15 litres in the first hour. it's cheating plain and simple.

Yep. The English banned it years ago I think.

Wrt Arrogate people are lauding him as the greatest ever which is utterly ridiculous. Has he got any form on turf ? And he's also got the same problem as Winx in that he's basically beating the same donkeys everytime he races.

And lets face it - nowhere near as exciting as the KOTH at the moment - holy shit - it's going to be a big finish.

q-money
26-03-2017, 11:32 PM
And lets face it - nowhere near as exciting as the KOTH at the moment - holy shit - it's going to be a big finish.

i'm stoked LRO came up with the concept, better than the everest

winx is untouchable on turf over 2000, arrogate at whatever distance he races on dirt. great performances but seriously american racing zzzzzz pls. easy kills for millions, why wouldn't you be a trainer ffs

you know who i actually want to go to the arc? Jameka. her best work has come 2400+, and you'd be hard pressed to find someone that wouldn't back her to go. hell it would be one of the best stories ever.

leftrightout
27-03-2017, 12:50 PM

I hope you got on that... i bet its not paying 8 bucks now!

The Dunster
27-03-2017, 03:03 PM
I hope you got on that... i bet its not paying 8 bucks now!

$3.60 to $3.75 with all the major agencies now.

https://www.oddschecker.com.au/soccer/australian/a-league/to-finish-bottom

You can get $15 on the Nix to make the top six.

https://www.oddschecker.com.au/soccer/australian/a-league/top-6-finish

q-money
27-03-2017, 05:12 PM
taking the $15 for Prized Icon at SB in the Derby on Saturday, i reckon he can turn the tables on the kiwis with only a bit of rain forecast on thursday. 2 runs back to back will hopefully have him as fit as the raiders and ready to get 'em

The Dunster
27-03-2017, 06:19 PM
taking the $15 for Prized Icon at SB in the Derby on Saturday, i reckon he can turn the tables on the kiwis with only a bit of rain forecast on thursday. 2 runs back to back will hopefully have him as fit as the raiders and ready to get 'em

he'll need to bowl underarm to stop Gingernuts.

q-money
28-03-2017, 01:22 PM
in the neverending series of disappointments that is my life, Tosen Stardom draws the carpark in the donny ffs

The Dunster
28-03-2017, 02:28 PM
in the neverending series of disappointments that is my life, Tosen Stardom draws the carpark in the donny ffs

Barrier 23 ffs - that's just mean.

Le Romain with 55.5kg and a good draw will be very hard to beat.

skippy
28-03-2017, 03:31 PM
Barrier 23 ffs - that's just mean.

Le Romain with 55.5kg and a good draw will be very hard to beat.

Will stomp them, Hughie will park it where he wants kick on the corner and go.

Also dunster check out R1 at newy tomorrow, have had a stab on the Frankel colt got it at $4

The Dunster
28-03-2017, 07:41 PM
Will stomp them, Hughie will park it where he wants kick on the corner and go.

Also dunster check out R1 at newy tomorrow, have had a stab on the Frankel colt got it at $4

Cheers, I did not know about Merovee. At $1.6 million I hope he can run. I think they paid way too much.

q-money
28-03-2017, 10:15 PM
trialled brilliantly, but there is a list as long as your arm of trial bullies that fail on the big stage

The Dunster
28-03-2017, 10:32 PM
trialled brilliantly, but there is a list as long as your arm of trial bullies that fail on the big stage

Yes. Northerly couldn't outrun a ferret with a broken leg in a trial or trackwork.

Freind of mine had a classy WFA horse in Sydney in the 70's called Panorama Prince. He used to warn people not to look at the horse in his stall before the race because they'd never back him. Sure enough people would go have a look and old Panorama Prince would be laying on the floor, legs up, eyes closed with his tongue hanging out.
People didn't back him - come race time - different attitude and he bolted in.

skippy
29-03-2017, 12:56 PM
I don't believe winx has ever won a trial either.

PC14
29-03-2017, 02:18 PM

Scratched.

Merovee didn't run a drum either.

The Dunster
29-03-2017, 04:32 PM
Scratched.

Merovee didn't run a drum either.

Merovee started as 2/.1 fav and ran 6th by 4 lengths.

He might need to be cut or else they have a $1.6m glu stick.

https://www.racenet.com.au/news/132585/Frankel-colt-flops

q-money
29-03-2017, 05:22 PM
was slow out the gate, got caught in traffic and rattled home. will go better with longer.

The Dunster
29-03-2017, 06:04 PM
was slow out the gate, got caught in traffic and rattled home. will go better with longer.

He might need a pacesetter like his dad.

leftrightout
31-03-2017, 02:35 PM
Despite the weather and the loses, this Autumn carnival has been brilliant. So many great line ups... this weekend is no exception!

q-money
31-03-2017, 09:25 PM
if you're game here's what i'm at tomoz:

Randwick R1: From Within

Randwick R2: Eusebio/Theanswermyfriend

Randwick R3: hard to go past Big Duke, panel job the other week with Our Century, 2.6 is a steal

Randwick R4: tough race, Lautaro has the wet track form but you could dart board job this one and come out ahead.

Randwick R5: I really like Gibraltar Girl e/w here and McEvoy is a massive plus, Raiment is hard to beat and Manaya is shit or diamonds. Playing the exacta and the tri with these 3

Randwick R6: Menari has massive upside out of the Slipper if he's not cooked. if he drifts into double figures i'll have a big go. Chauffeur better than his performances suggest but again long odds, very very hard race

Randwick R7: for my sins and with obscene confirmation bias which leads me to needing to be right, I want Prized Icon to win this badly. I have a massive opinion of the horse and he's been cruelled by global warming and the arrival of two absolute top notch horses in Gingernuts and Jon Snow. My rating here comes from his last run where Schofield didn't really go for him and still ran a decent race behind JS, the 2400 will test a lot of them and I think these 3 will be the ones fighting it out up the pointy end. The Icon was probably one run behind the raiders last start but I think this is his week and he will be rock hard and ready to go. I love a Derby.

Randwick R8: I have not got a clue. Seriously. Derryn the place? ffs

Randwick R9: Would love to see the people's champ, the iron warrior Le Romain win this as he is a serious bit of horse. Will have a crack at New Tipperary the place and in exotics as I think he's a horse with a lot of upside, may be outclassed in this company though. Big watch on Antonio Giuseppe, a classic Waller move bringing him back from the 2000. exciting and wide open race. Berry is no slouch even though he ruins me more often than not.

Randwick R10: last leg of the quaddie and a total insult to punters. Field

other places:

Bendigo R7: Burning Front at $3.50, am i missing something? unbelievable odds and should be punished

skippy
05-04-2017, 05:00 PM
Anyone else joining skip and Q-man at Randwick on Saturday?

q-money
06-04-2017, 11:40 AM
hey wow would you look at that, 1/10 with big duke...looks about right

q-money
09-04-2017, 12:48 PM
winx making them look second rate again, really something to watch when she lets down, beautiful stuff

how's my form yesterday ffs, potted Derryn (too dry :rof: ) and Foxplay ( too hard :rof: )

PC14
10-04-2017, 10:40 AM
Happy for Sergio, but man I can back a runner up at a major.

Had a crack Rose (@ $26) and Pieters (@ $101) to win The Masters.

Great value though. To have two in contention, and both make a run, on Sunday made getting up at 430 and 330 this weekend, almost worth it.

The Dunster
10-04-2017, 11:17 AM
winx making them look second rate again, really something to watch when she lets down, beautiful stuff

how's my form yesterday ffs, potted Derryn (too dry :rof: ) and Foxplay ( too hard :rof: )

I watched the races thinking - Q-man is cleaning up on Derryn and Foxplay - wish I'd followed his tips.

skippy
15-04-2017, 08:46 PM

Cheers for the heads up

The Dunster
16-04-2017, 12:36 PM
My life feels empty now that the KOTH is over.

q-money
27-04-2017, 06:12 PM
some decent international races on this weekend, with the Tenno Sho Spring in Japan, and the QEII Cup in Hong Kong

the field in the tenno sho is eye-wateringly good, great writeup on it here: http://japanracing.jp/_news2017/170425.html

would love to see some of the big guns in Satono Diamond and Kitasan Black come over for the melbourne cup but bog soft tracks we put out for our staying races only bring the euros over recently.

q-money
04-05-2017, 02:44 PM
darren weir at the 'bool - truly unbelievable stuff

skippy
05-05-2017, 11:00 AM
darren weir at the 'bool - truly unbelievable stuff

$10 on each of his horses over the last 3 days would have seen you $600+ in front out of control.

leftrightout
05-05-2017, 12:38 PM
$10 on each of his horses over the last 3 days would have seen you $600+ in front out of control.

Some effort hey!
I only had one bet over the 3 days and it was on Weirs High Church in the 'bool cup.
After seeing his efforts prior i was getting nervous that i'd be the jinx. Turns out not even i could wreck his run of results!

q-money
05-05-2017, 12:44 PM
pretty amusing when the outside fence becomes the place to be, that happens anywhere else and people lose their minds, standard fare for a 3 day 'bool carnival :rof:

q-money
07-05-2017, 10:01 PM
taken from the KOTH thread

Damnit I won cash on egg tart but didn't put it in

This was a real 10/10 ride from McEvoy, struggling to find a jockey in better touch over 2000+

John Allen also with an absolute scorcher on Kenedna, one of the better races this year for mine. terry mcaullife's call was also top draw

q-money
07-05-2017, 10:03 PM
further, sad news today with Heartbreak City being put down after breaking a leg in work, and Rapper Dragon fracturing his pelvis in HK. awful.

Heartbreak City gave us one of the best Melbourne Cups of the recent era, and Rapper Dragon has been imperious this year - must be a deadset horrorshow for Joao today

leftrightout
08-05-2017, 08:50 AM
Heading to Scone this weekend, Friday for a bit of fun, Saturday is usually a good day of racing.

skippy
08-05-2017, 09:52 AM
taken from the KOTH thread

This was a real 10/10 ride from McEvoy, struggling to find a jockey in better touch over 2000+

John Allen also with an absolute scorcher on Kenedna, one of the better races this year for mine. terry mcaullife's call was also top draw

Had 2 bets all day, got on Egg tart earlier in the week and a double with divine quality jeez I was riding her home.

pv4
10-05-2017, 10:01 AM
Was this the thread we were putting general punting tips on?

A few from the ACL that seem a goer:
Shanghai SIPG @ 2.25 tonight seems like a great little filler. Even Shanghai (-2) @ 9.00 seems worth a decent stab.
Muang Thong @ 7.50 seems worth a stab too. I'm even chucking on a "sneaky" punt on Kashima/Muangthong Half/Full @ 71.00 because why dafuq not.

Got on Jiangsu @ 9.5 last night, woof.

pv4
23-05-2017, 01:29 PM
Chelsea to score a penzo in the FA Cup Final @ 6.10 eeeeeazzzzzzzzzyyy m8

leftrightout
24-05-2017, 08:23 AM

Does that include if it goes to pens?

pv4
24-05-2017, 09:23 AM
Does that include if it goes to pens?

https://i.imgflip.com/6ei0a.jpg?a415368

I don't know :oops:

plague
24-05-2017, 10:03 AM
No it doesn't.

q-money
26-05-2017, 01:00 PM
shocking luck into start wondering on the muck pit that eagle farm will be is my bet of the weekend

The Dunster
27-05-2017, 06:04 PM
I think Prized Icon is a good horse in the wrong hands. It's been clear for a long time the horse does not like rain affected going but the trainer and connections keep making him run in mud. Today, he once again looked completely unsuited by the conditions and I don't think going from 2400m back to 1400m then back to 2200m is doing the horse any favours either.
His next run is the Queensland Derby but unless he gets a good track I really hope they send him to the paddock for a spell. Even with a good track I think the horse has been up too long and I simply wouldn't be risking him given he's got an ok future at stud.

You'd let Rolf Harris babysit your ten year old daughter before you sent a horse to James Cummings for training.

skippy
27-05-2017, 06:55 PM
One of my fav horses has won me some big $$ but jeez you aren't wrong, I can't see godolphin going any good but at least he will get some good stock.

leftrightout
28-05-2017, 09:52 PM
One of my fav horses has won me some big $$ but jeez you aren't wrong, I can't see godolphin going any good but at least he will get some good stock.

Clearly Innocent, one of my favourites and steps it up once again... what a bloody good local!

pv4
28-05-2017, 10:30 PM

It didn't come off but Victor Moses tried his hardest to make it happen and I'll pay that money again to watch that diving cheat get sent off :rof::oops:

StannyCFCJET
28-05-2017, 11:00 PM
It didn't come off but Victor Moses tried his hardest to make it happen and I'll pay that money again to watch that diving cheat get sent off :rof::oops:

As a Chelsea Fan even I found it disgusting

hawk
28-05-2017, 11:21 PM

I agree apart from since 40 others were given a pen for the same dive during the season why ruin a final.

Macca
29-05-2017, 09:46 AM
As a Chelsea Fan even I found it disgusting

Wait, you support Chelsea?

plague
29-05-2017, 09:58 AM
Getting $4 for Ricciardo to get in top 4 last night was some of the most beautiful smelling money I ever won.

God bless.

pv4
29-05-2017, 09:58 AM
Wait, you support Chelsea?

https://i.imgflip.com/k5n3s.jpg?a415416

skippy
29-05-2017, 03:29 PM
Brisbane racing club are moving this weeks racing away from the disc race that is eagle farm.

q-money
30-05-2017, 08:10 PM
I think Prized Icon is a good horse in the wrong hands. It's been clear for a long time the horse does not like rain affected going but the trainer and connections keep making him run in mud. Today, he once again looked completely unsuited by the conditions and I don't think going from 2400m back to 1400m then back to 2200m is doing the horse any favours either.
His next run is the Queensland Derby but unless he gets a good track I really hope they send him to the paddock for a spell. Even with a good track I think the horse has been up too long and I simply wouldn't be risking him given he's got an ok future at stud.

You'd let Rolf Harris babysit your ten year old daughter before you sent a horse to James Cummings for training.

i'm the number one card carrying member of the Prized Icon fan club and i have seriously considered jumping off the train...

however i've just jumped straight back on it and taken 13s for the derby in the all-ins at doomben. pls pray for me.

the Scone run showed he just needs a decent track to put in a good shift, will be one for the true believers if he gets up

i really am surprised they keep running him. a victoria derby is worth a squillion more in my eyes than some of the trash G1 placed horses that are going to stud. lucky he's still got his knackers as he probably would have got shipped off to HK

The Dunster
31-05-2017, 11:24 AM
i'm the number one card carrying member of the Prized Icon fan club and i have seriously considered jumping off the train...

however i've just jumped straight back on it and taken 13s for the derby in the all-ins at doomben. pls pray for me.

the Scone run showed he just needs a decent track to put in a good shift, will be one for the true believers if he gets up

i really am surprised they keep running him. a victoria derby is worth a squillion more in my eyes than some of the trash G1 placed horses that are going to stud. lucky he's still got his knackers as he probably would have got shipped off to HK

I'm not surprised at all. Cummings family have always run their horses into the ground. Beau Zam and Shaftesbury Avenue are two classic examples of champion horses they destroyed by giving them preps they weren't physically ready for. Then you have Luskin Starr who was probably the worlds best sprinter. Bart got him and tried to turn him into a stayer for fukcs sake by aiming him at a Cox Plate - pretty much ended his career as well.
So Ya Think only survived because he's about as tough as they come.

q-money
31-05-2017, 12:07 PM
bart was a huge believer in miles in the legs wasn't he? i agree with him to an extent but this is pretty ridiculous - it's up there in lasqueti spirit territory

also was just going through the stud book for this year, Kiss & Make up who won a 4 horse G2 Todman and had 3 runs in total for his career is standing for 16K, while a 2 time G1 winning son of Deep Impact in Mikki Isle is going for 13.5K. I know where I'd be sending my mare

Maurice is going for 33K! again, a 6 time international G1 winner compared to something that ran 3rd in a juvenile group race...unbelievable

The Dunster
31-05-2017, 01:02 PM
bart was a huge believer in miles in the legs wasn't he? i agree with him to an extent but this is pretty ridiculous - it's up there in lasqueti spirit territory

also was just going through the stud book for this year, Kiss & Make up who won a 4 horse G2 Todman and had 3 runs in total for his career is standing for 16K, while a 2 time G1 winning son of Deep Impact in Mikki Isle is going for 13.5K. I know where I'd be sending my mare

Maurice is going for 33K! again, a 6 time international G1 winner compared to something that ran 3rd in a juvenile group race...unbelievable

The stud fees don't mean a lot though. You will probably find the owners of Mikki Isle will be far more selective when it comes to the mares he services. In the case of Kiss and Make Up word is that after a few drinks he'll fukc anything with four legs.

skippy
31-05-2017, 04:06 PM
I'm not surprised at all. Cummings family have always run their horses into the ground. Beau Zam and Shaftesbury Avenue are two classic examples of champion horses they destroyed by giving them preps they weren't physically ready for. Then you have Luskin Starr who was probably the worlds best sprinter. Bart got him and tried to turn him into a stayer for fukcs sake by aiming him at a Cox Plate - pretty much ended his career as well.
So Ya Think only survived because he's about as tough as they come.

I was reading the so you think book last month and the whole time they were saying how great Bart's patience with it was, the whole time I was reading it I was thinking they flogged the **** out of it it didn't make sense.

q-money
01-06-2017, 07:20 PM
the icon spelled...not before I had a crack at the all ins though :oops:

seems a bit stupid that they couldn't hold out for the one dry track but whatever

skippy
09-06-2017, 08:12 PM
Deadset knights to lead at half time and lose at full time is one of the surest bets week in week out $$

hawk
10-06-2017, 04:25 PM
horsey mchorseface

skippy
15-06-2017, 04:46 PM
Alright brains trust if you had a free $100 bet what would you put it on?

pv4
15-06-2017, 05:07 PM
Alright brains trust if you had a free $100 bet what would you put it on?

A penalty scored in the Community Shield

PC14
20-06-2017, 10:56 AM
Anyone in here know of, or using, the fantasy app Moneyball?

I've had some success in MLB fantasy and they have a massive jackpot comp with a $1 buy in. The jackpot target is 280 points and is worth $22k today. Cheap and a bit of fun picking line-ups with massive confidence and then watching them fizzle through the day.

q-money
21-06-2017, 06:11 PM
deadset how good is Corey Brown riding at the moment?

another double today to go with 4 G1s since coming back from singapore

skippy
25-06-2017, 04:58 PM
Deadset knights to lead at half time and lose at full time is one of the surest bets week in week out $$

$$$$

q-money
14-07-2017, 10:42 AM
there are some excellent podcasts in this series:

http://businessofbetting.libsyn.com/

the vince accardi, marc lambourne and ralph horowitz ones are excellent, the accardi one especially - about looking at race shapes and what point you should assess races from, rather than just starts and closing.

skippy
03-08-2017, 08:21 PM
One for the newy boys.

Flemo R3 #2 Chateau Griffo a bit of form around limestone and tulip get on board the griffmas train.

plague
09-08-2017, 09:28 PM
yeah look in the Cox Plate Winx @$1.60 is silly and not worth thinking about

but

with noms out its not a bad time to have a flutter with a few spare rubles on some of the international donkeys.

Neorealism is paying $26, one of the ones considered a chance of giving Winx a test (yes, i know we've heard that before).

with horses anything is possible and ive done my dough a couple of times when they havent panned out but getting Adelaide at 33/1 a few years back was one of the all time scores.

not that i want to see it but if anything goes wrong with Winx's prep then you never know.

if any of you blokes have any thoughts fess up lets have em.

q-money
09-08-2017, 09:57 PM
Winx is super and by all rights will pump them. I'll just stand her out and try and jag a F4 or something. Too many gears for this lot.

However, have a squiz at old mate Happy Clapper's trial in the one that Winx was in the other day. Has a G1 in him this prep, I think he's going to the Memsie,

Back to the CP - I love Neorealism, Moreira's ride on him in the QEII in HK was a ripper. Jeez he is a great jockey when he does things like this at sha tin. gives me a boner. Gets the easy run off a tepid pace, boots him home and rates it perfectly, it's a god damn thing of beauty. I won numerous dollars here. I could watch it all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HH24teYkHo

Tosen Stardom at 34 is defo worth a stab. Weir rates it as one of the best he's ever had I hear. will no doubt get into absolute strife somehow though

If I could take a futures on Royal Symphony for 2018 i'd be lining up

q-money
09-08-2017, 10:28 PM
Adelaide at 33/1 a few years back was one of the all time scores.

ryan moore :wub:

WolfMan
09-08-2017, 10:47 PM
Winx is super and by all rights will pump them. I'll just stand her out and try and jag a F4 or something. Too many gears for this lot.

However, have a squiz at old mate Happy Clapper's trial in the one that Winx was in the other day. Has a G1 in him this prep, I think he's going to the Memsie,

Back to the CP - I love Neorealism, Moreira's ride on him in the QEII in HK was a ripper. Jeez he is a great jockey when he does things like this at sha tin. gives me a boner. Gets the easy run off a tepid pace, boots him home and rates it perfectly, it's a god damn thing of beauty. I won numerous dollars here. I could watch it all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HH24teYkHo

Tosen Stardom at 34 is defo worth a stab. Weir rates it as one of the best he's ever had I hear. will no doubt get into absolute strife somehow though

If I could take a futures on Royal Symphony for 2018 i'd be lining up

Ate them up in the back section without breaking a sweat. Some turn of foot without a smack

plague
09-08-2017, 10:56 PM
ryan moore :wub:

also had a box quinella with Fawkner and was at the track to watch it happen. easily the best race day ive ever been to.

q-money
09-08-2017, 11:08 PM
also had a box quinella with Fawkner and was at the track to watch it happen. easily the best race day ive ever been to.

how are you still alive ffs

back to the great ryan moore, love this bloke - when he balances up these horses it's a thing of beauty, down below the head, pulling the horse into the right direction and giving it the big ones, phwoar.

that Adelaide ride is such a ripper after The Cleaner blows the race apart. for a guy who flies in and flies out for the carnival he couldn't have done it any better. perfection

look what the other pros say about the bloke :yap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZF2_hGu1Zw

plague
10-08-2017, 01:01 AM
how are you still alive ffs

that track owed me a bundle from the Shamus Award debacle the year before.

skippy
10-08-2017, 09:30 AM
I have around 30 bets on her to win so I might be a bit bias.

I have been chipping away at winx since prices 1st went up, got her at 4's, 3's and 2's anything over even money I thought was worthwhile.

Also have numerous multis with her as the last leg but since she dropped under 2's haven't really bothered.

Nothing in Australia will come close, there is talk of Highland Reel giving her a contest but geez she already give it windburn 2 years ago, has it improved enough to make up 6 + lengths and Winx hasn't improved.

Neorealism about the only thing worth considering and could be worth a little play at the odds.

Speaking of future plays lets get some thoughts on the following:

Golden Rose: Pariah
Metrop: Bonneval
Caulfield Guineas: Royal Symphony
Everest: Vega Magic
Caulfield Cup: Hartnell or Egg Tart

The Dunster
10-08-2017, 02:04 PM
I have around 30 bets on her to win so I might be a bit bias.

I have been chipping away at winx since prices 1st went up, got her at 4's, 3's and 2's anything over even money I thought was worthwhile.

Also have numerous multis with her as the last leg but since she dropped under 2's haven't really bothered.

Nothing in Australia will come close, there is talk of Highland Reel giving her a contest but geez she already give it windburn 2 years ago, has it improved enough to make up 6 + lengths and Winx hasn't improved.

Neorealism about the only thing worth considering and could be worth a little play at the odds.

Speaking of future plays lets get some thoughts on the following:

Golden Rose: Pariah
Metrop: Bonneval
Caulfield Guineas: Royal Symphony
Everest: Vega Magic
Caulfield Cup: Hartnell or Egg Tart

Don't under rate Highland Reel. He's won outside of his own backyard many times. As yet Winx is unproven at even Flemington let alone overseas, and if the past is anything to go by the cold climate in Europe could be her undoing.
Mooney Valley is not an easy course for a lot of Horses either. If she'd have done him over at Flemington I'd be more convinced.
Take nothing away from Winx, she's probably the best balanced Galloper I have seen for many years, maybe ever - her action does not change no matter if she's cruising or flat out - Even Kingston Town couldn't make that claim.
I don't think Winx avoiding Flemington is coincidental, I genuinely think they are avoiding taking her there.

plague
23-08-2017, 11:48 AM
Is anyone else as underwhelmed about this whole 'Everest' thing as I am?

The race 'should' be good but the sideshow around it is just typical Sydney racing garbage.

90% of the coverage will be about which designer some asshole relality tv star is wearing rather than the horses.

Have I mentioned how much I hate going to the races in Sydney?

**** that place.