PDA

View Full Version : General Horse Racing Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

pv4
04-11-2012, 04:17 PM
yo vikingjet - give us your wrap up on this years race. I need to know who I'm putting in my trifecta

david silva
04-11-2012, 05:15 PM
1. Mount Athos
2. Americain
3. Lights of Heaven

Buddha
04-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Mount Athos - Win
Red Cadeaux - Place
My Quest for Peace - Each Way

or just slap it all on the preluding races and be done with it

q-money
05-11-2012, 10:40 AM
http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2009/11/21/1225801/468807-melbourne-cup-2009-gallery-portrait-alt-288x433-.jpg

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2009/11/21/1225801/469059-melbourne-cup-day-gallery-landscape-650x488-.jpg

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2009/11/21/1225801/469073-melbourne-cup-day-gallery-portrait-366x488-.jpg

vikingjet
05-11-2012, 01:07 PM
I like q's third top rater above. Neither of those blokes know her. Hilarious!

Tough race - my advice would be to bet around the cup...although, the pools are so big you have to have a nibble. Also, remember that the international runners are not 'the best of the best' nor are they 'superstars'. They tend to be the second stringers below the Arc and Breeders Cup runners. They have done well in recent years, but Australia has had few decent stayers in. This year is different - Ethiopia, Maluckyday (even Lights of Heaven and Zabeelionaire) are strong chances. Indeed, with an unimpeded run, Maluckyday would have beaten Americain 2 years ago.

Given that it is an open race, best tactic is to rule out those that can't win, and then narrow in from there:

Horses who can't win: Jakkalberry, Winchester, Voila Ichi, Sanagas, Niwot, Tac de Boistron, Precedence, Unusual Suspect.

That leaves 16 live chances. Then you have to make a decision to cull those who are unlikely: Cavalryman, Fiorente, Galileo's Gold, Glencadam Gold, Green Moon, Mourayan, My Quest for Peace, Lights of Heaven, Zabeelionaire, Kelinni - these could surprise, but more likely to fill the places.

That leaves 6: Dunaden, Americain, Red Cadeaux, Mount Athos, Ethiopia, Maluckyday. Dunaden has too much weight, as does Americain (although the latter should give it a shake). Mount Athos looks strong on paper, but has not run in Oz prior to the Cup.

That leaves: Red Cadeaux, Ethiopia and Maluckyday. My money is on Ethiopia (got him at $51 after the Derby and he could be an 'equine freak'). I like the thought of two Australian runners finishing first and second to bust the 'internationals are too strong' myth. But Red Cadeaux will be tough to beat.

If you are feeling patriotic, go the box quinella of Ethiopia and Maluckyday. Both beautifully bred and both real athletes.

The best way to go in a Cup is to box up runners in a First 4. My suggestion is to put three in the first line, 5 in the second, 8 in the third and 10 in the fourth. Make it a $50 bet and cross fingers. Alternatively, roll the dice and stand one out, enabling you to put plenty in for the placings.

Whatever you do, take this advice: drink lots, make romantic love in a portaloo, and get yourself a proper gambling hangover.

(Oh, and back Syd Race 6 No. 5 Maidel)

plague
05-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Good wrap VJ. here's some of the best advice I've ever had.

Don't read trainers opinions, EVER.

Ken Callender and Gary Harley haven't picked a winner in about 30years. Don't listen to them.

Lloyd Williams is one of the most honest blokes in racing. If he says a horse will win, pay attention.

Michael and Alan Eskander are honest bookies. Will dish out free advice all day and provide plenty of winners.

Good luck everyone.

Buddha
05-11-2012, 05:49 PM
I may suggest kelinni a huge chance for places, ran brilliant on saturday, carrying a low weight which is ideal on the home straight, well worth a flutter in your tri or quaddie

also although green moon totally ****ed up in the cox plate, he's a longer distance runner, give him a chance

GazFish35
05-11-2012, 06:00 PM
can guarantee I will not lose money tomorrow.
I have a fool proof system, never lost coin on the nags.

send $20 to my Nigerian bank account and i'll let you in on the secret.

pv4
05-11-2012, 08:52 PM
can guarantee I will not lose money tomorrow.
I have a fool proof system, never lost coin on the nags.

send $20 to my Nigerian bank account and i'll let you in on the secret.

let me guess - don't bet on it & you won't lose anything?

05-11-2012, 11:49 PM
I like Maluckyday e/w.Got fixed odds @ $14 and $4.24,ran 2nd in the cup 2 years ago and got scratched late last year so can go the distance. Quinella no's 15,4,.Trifecta/flexie no's 1,2,4,14,15

Nelson Bay Road
06-11-2012, 08:59 AM
My advice is to go wide... back 3,4 or even 5 horses... bet more agressively on your favoured runner and smaller bets on not so favoured.

Today you have more chance in backing a winner in a maiden at Echuca than the cup

Lionel Hutz
06-11-2012, 09:54 AM
I have based my tips purely on statistics over the years of the cup running. i know nothing about horse racing so i thought i would give this a shot. for example no horse has ever won from barrier 18 (red cadeaux), most successful colour is navy, no 8 yr old has ever won it (americain), most successful barriers, weight handicaping etc etc etc. so based on my statistics (which i hope were correct) i narrowed it down to one horse.
so my money is on green moon.

q-money
06-11-2012, 09:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OylhEA6Xx4Q

hey VJ what do you reckon of this field? still easier to bet on than french trots

plague
06-11-2012, 10:35 AM
I have based my tips purely on statistics over the years of the cup running. i know nothing about horse racing so i thought i would give this a shot. for example no horse has ever won from barrier 18 (red cadeaux), most successful colour is navy, no 8 yr old has ever won it (americain), most successful barriers, weight handicaping etc etc etc. so based on my statistics (which i hope were correct) i narrowed it down to one horse.

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you say here, but you didn't factor in the biggest handicap of all on Green Moon.
The stink of Gary Harley.
If it can overcome that then we are looking at the greatest horse in the history of mankind.

beej
06-11-2012, 12:27 PM
(Oh, and back Syd Race 6 No. 5 Maidel)

Got $13 fixed odds for it the other day, saw this morning it is into $3

pv4
06-11-2012, 12:40 PM
anyone have a video stream lined up for the race?

work bitches won't let us out early to go watch it

Bremsstrahlung
06-11-2012, 03:08 PM

What lotto numbers should I pick?

pv4
06-11-2012, 03:09 PM

jeezus

wd bud

do those stats work for football multis?

Lionel Hutz
06-11-2012, 03:15 PM

i think ive used up all of my luck for the day, so my tip would be go with your own numbers.

plague
06-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Will freely admit that I didn't back it purely because of the stink of Harley.
Well in Lionel.

As for you Harley, VENGENCE WILL BE MINE!!!!!!!!!!

Jeterpool
06-11-2012, 03:18 PM

:pissup:

Drinks are on you this weekend Lionel...you're lucky we aren't playing at home!

beej
06-11-2012, 03:35 PM
A nice easy $130 from Maidel just then VJ!

Buddha
06-11-2012, 04:38 PM
i love the mystery bet

seldom
06-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Thanx VJ...had a lazy hunjeee on it...only winner I had all day...nearly broke even.

lionel hutz...green moon...ffs..wd

Buddha
06-11-2012, 06:56 PM
me and some of the boys at work bought green moon for 30 bucks in the auction, bargain

parksey
06-11-2012, 07:46 PM
i had green moon and ethopia in a quinella. one came first, the other last ffs.

Superdylan
06-11-2012, 09:28 PM

Haha gees what a guess.

skippy
06-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Can we just make this into a VJ tips thread? Thanks for the heads up on Maidel

Jeterpool
01-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Calling Lionel Hutz. Who are we putting money on this year

Grimario
04-11-2014, 03:40 PM
So... pre-race favourite died in its stall? o_O

MFKS
04-11-2014, 04:59 PM
So... pre-race favourite died in its stall? o_O

Animal Welfare Lobbyists to go Crazy???

hawk
06-11-2014, 09:37 AM
crooked industry based on gambling, joke... play the pools always legit :whistling:

Jeterpool
02-11-2015, 04:37 PM

Paging Lionel Hutz. Who is the tip for the Cup tomorrow? We're all waiting for you.

plague
02-11-2015, 05:28 PM
Don't bet that fav.

Getting less that $8 for a cup winner is unaustralian.

Might win tho.

The Dunster
03-11-2015, 12:00 AM
Don't bet that fav.

Might win tho.

I think the favourite is the one to beat but like you say

You wouldn't want to be a bookie tomorrow though if a favourite that short gets up in the cup.

pv4
03-11-2015, 06:30 AM
I attempted to do a shitty version of Lionel Hutz's stats and have settled on a box trifecta of:
13 the offer
17 almoonqith
18 kingfisher

Bon
03-11-2015, 08:33 AM
I attempted to do a shitty version of Lionel Hutz's stats and have settled on a box trifecta of:
13 the offer
17 almoonqith
18 kingfisher

He is alive!!!!!

The Dunster
03-11-2015, 03:42 PM
Not in a million years would I have predicted the winner of this years cup.

The slow pace coming out absolutely killed the favourite and the genuine stayers in general when the race became a sit and sprint.

Great result for the bookies as well.

Jeterpool
03-11-2015, 04:52 PM
So, in the interest of fairness, how likely will it be that Melbourne papers report on the number of people ejected from today's Melbourne Cup, just like they did with the Melbourne derby?

Probably about the same odds of the winning horse...

q-money
03-11-2015, 05:27 PM
what a f*cking joke of a day, bookies laughing all the way to the bank with that disgraceful track, how many times did the rail get up fmd

hawk
03-11-2015, 08:59 PM
Great ride by the jock, he gave a top speech as well

BodyNovo
04-11-2015, 08:22 AM
what a f*cking joke of a day, bookies laughing all the way to the bank with that disgraceful track, how many times did the rail get up fmd

such truth.

plus the pace of the race any ****er could have won it. the first 2400m was a slow jog.

q-money
14-01-2016, 04:34 PM
such truth.

plus the pace of the race any ****er could have won it. the first 2400m was a slow jog.

https://www.racenet.com.au/news/119121/OPINION:-This-is-a-crime-but-nobody-is-watching#CommentsView

the best article ever written on racenet, re track biases, watering, and why foreign trainers should deal with the conditions instead of expecting to come to a hot australian spring and expect the same tracks they run on at home

skippy
15-01-2016, 04:35 PM
New whip rules are a ****in joke too.

q-money
10-02-2016, 11:00 AM
saturday's CF Orr stakes looking absolutely ripping

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Caz5VrHUUAAGV2s.png

the great winx rolling up at randwick on saturday as well, hoooo weee

The Dunster
11-02-2016, 12:23 PM
What's up with Protectionist these days ? Wins 2014 Melbourne Cup, comes to Newy to live, and now performs like he's a Newcastle Jet.

The Dunster
11-02-2016, 12:30 PM

Suavito ftw.

This race used to always be used as a first up run for the star stayers. Have lost a packet on this race in the past and when I won it was at those shithouse Vo Rogue odds in the 80's.

skippy
11-02-2016, 02:19 PM

How good is it getting some top notch race horses back on the track.

Winx is a superstar, won't touch any race with Boban has cost me tonnes of money that prick, never wins when he has my money on his back but if I back something else in a race he will roll them at about 20-1.

q-money
11-02-2016, 02:36 PM
mahuta v holler in R6 will also be a great battle i think, mahuta looked tip bloody top on the goldy last start

skippy
11-02-2016, 04:12 PM
Yeah blew them away, Holler had a great win in the Australia stakes against some decent opposition, a little bit wary on him 2nd up but.

Keep your eye on Ghisoni at randwick Race 3, also one of my favs Vashka is back always wins at decent odds is about $7 at the moment in race 5.

q-money
13-02-2016, 04:08 PM
mahuta does it again (just), 6 from 6 - what a prep

q-money
13-02-2016, 04:44 PM
fmd

look at this nonsense....jock on tashbeeh absolutely slaughtered it in the first race and ran second, would have had a beaut collect.....

off to top myself, see ya

http://i.imgur.com/Dva52fw.png

plague
13-02-2016, 06:26 PM
Got on Sauvito, Mahuta and Winx.
Top day on the punt.

Sauvito paying $15 was highway robbery, don't grass me up to the cops please.

plague
13-02-2016, 06:26 PM
Covered my losses from last week on Melb City.

q-money
15-02-2016, 04:59 PM
lightning stakes nominations out today, woooooh boy what a lineup

chautaqua, exosphere, terravista and delectation, joined by counterattack and japonisme among others

japonisme looked good in his last G1 win against counterattack and keen array, and dropped exosphere by 4 lengths

worth a throw at 11s and definitely for a place in a multi imo

http://i.imgur.com/GqM70dI.png

skippy
16-02-2016, 12:57 PM
lightning stakes nominations out today, woooooh boy what a lineup

chautaqua, exosphere, terravista and delectation, joined by counterattack and japonisme among others

japonisme looked good in his last G1 win against counterattack and keen array, and dropped exosphere by 4 lengths

worth a throw at 11s and definitely for a place in a multi imo

http://i.imgur.com/GqM70dI.png

Love Exosphere, a little bit surprised they are running him down the straight again after last time.

Word is Chataqua might not run, which could leave it wide open for a Chris Waller special.

skippy
16-02-2016, 12:57 PM
Got on Sauvito, Mahuta and Winx.
Top day on the punt.

Sauvito paying $15 was highway robbery, don't grass me up to the cops please.

Same and Heatherly at $5.50, gave a bit back in the last couple of races but didn't matter by than.

q-money
17-02-2016, 10:57 AM
only seven end up lining up

Chautauqua
Terravista
Delectation
Va Pensiero
Exosphere
Japonisme
Kinglike

q-money
21-02-2016, 11:07 AM
how'd everyone end up yesterday?

i picked about 10 winners but couldn't link any of them together in a multi, anywhere.

i got absolutely dudded on that palentino shocker, what an absolute disgrace of a decision. had him into my boy japonisme who almost did the business for me in the lightning - would have been legit fuming if he'd got up. japonisme will only get better in this prep imo, keep an eye on this bloke.

oliver lucky to be alive after dropping the whip on terravista...exosphere a total dud on the straight.

how good is chautauqua though? off the canvas, super duper horse.

press statement killin' em as well, hope he slays them over at ascot

skippy
21-02-2016, 05:56 PM
how'd everyone end up yesterday?

i picked about 10 winners but couldn't link any of them together in a multi, anywhere.

i got absolutely dudded on that palentino shocker, what an absolute disgrace of a decision. had him into my boy japonisme who almost did the business for me in the lightning - would have been legit fuming if he'd got up. japonisme will only get better in this prep imo, keep an eye on this bloke.

oliver lucky to be alive after dropping the whip on terravista...exosphere a total dud on the straight.

how good is chautauqua though? off the canvas, super duper horse.

press statement killin' em as well, hope he slays them over at ascot

jeez Japonisme is a great horse and very underrated, to be within half a length of Terravista and Chataqua as a 3yr old.

Press Statement is going to be huge this prep, no doubt about it.

Had Palentino blackbooked just with "Weir rates highly" how the protest got upheld is beyond me though.

plague
21-02-2016, 07:33 PM
I had Palentino.
I tipped everyone into Palentino.
Everyone loved me.

Then, not so much.

not a great day.

Chataqua paid up but sitting through that wasn't worth the $2.60. Impressive dive for the line though.

q-money
21-02-2016, 09:00 PM
I had Palentino.
I tipped everyone into Palentino.
Everyone loved me...

:rof:

punters club up at the pub had palentino...surprised the place is still standing tbh

q-money
22-02-2016, 02:00 PM
noms for chipping norton stakes - some lovely horses here. really keen to see storm the stars, son of the great sea the stars.

your man boban unlikely to run, winx 1.50 early doors, hard to go against her

http://i.imgur.com/xyC4jkr.png

plague
22-02-2016, 04:23 PM
Have you had a sniff around the Blue Diamond yet?
All the nonsense on the weekend was about Flying Artie but the fav looks better.

If Samara Dancer win spaying 8's I'm retiring because I won't be on it.

The Dunster
22-02-2016, 04:44 PM
Mongolian Khan FTW in Chipping Norton. Winx is a very talented galloper but not at the Rancher like odds it's going to jump at.

q-money
22-02-2016, 05:04 PM
Have you had a sniff around the Blue Diamond yet?
All the nonsense on the weekend was about Flying Artie but the fav looks better.

If Samara Dancer win spaying 8's I'm retiring because I won't be on it.

samara dancer had a belter of a run last out but i don't like anything in this race at all, will watch closely but won't go in too hard

skippy
22-02-2016, 08:31 PM
noms for chipping norton stakes - some lovely horses here. really keen to see storm the stars, son of the great sea the stars.

your man boban unlikely to run, winx 1.50 early doors, hard to go against her

http://i.imgur.com/xyC4jkr.png

Anyone get on the Winx special sportsbet had up $51 to go unbeaten up to and including the 2016 cox plate?

Was worth a lazy lobster. Has since come in to $21.

plague
24-02-2016, 02:56 PM
Samara dancer drew well. Straight in $6.

q-money
24-02-2016, 03:03 PM
concealer and samara dancer carrying 2kg less as well

still don't like this race at all, mind. concealer getting a few early nods from those about the traps.

skippy
24-02-2016, 04:35 PM
Would take concealer over Samara dancer.

Suspect winx will trounce them but at $1.50 is it worth the risk against so many other G1 winners?

q-money
26-02-2016, 11:47 AM
going against skip's advice and getting at boban second up for the futurity at 8.50. second fastest in the last 200 in the Orr and should get a better run this time.

mon bobz

q-money
26-02-2016, 11:48 AM
Would take concealer over Samara dancer.

Suspect winx will trounce them but at $1.50 is it worth the risk against so many other G1 winners?

i love watching her but hate having money on her, would send you grey before your time

skippy
26-02-2016, 03:05 PM
going against skip's advice and getting at boban second up for the futurity at 8.50. second fastest in the last 200 in the Orr and should get a better run this time.

mon bobz

I am very close to jumping back on board after his last run, but I have been hurt to many times might stay out of the race.

Anyone else on Heatherly at $5.50 after her run 2 weeks ago?

q-money
26-02-2016, 03:54 PM
i was on lord of the sky at 34s but he was scratched lol

heatherly has come in a bit to 4.8 at SB, will have a play at it

q-money
26-02-2016, 04:03 PM
r6 at randwick very tasty

amicus, tinto, solicit and peeping in a shootout, some nice money in the placings for amicus at 2.20 if you're putting a multi together

q-money
26-02-2016, 04:25 PM
hearing mahuta about to be scratched so get the 5s on tally while you can, gents

hawk
26-02-2016, 04:48 PM
hearing mahuta about to be scratched so get the 5s on tally while you can, gents

Oi, get off the punt and ffs get some detox from the nrl.

plague
27-02-2016, 01:17 PM
have put winx and solicit into a multi (amongst others).
needed up backing Samara Dancer.
got tipped into Lidari paying $17, at worst might be some each way value.

The Dunster
27-02-2016, 05:47 PM
Winx could be anything. I've watched racing for over 40years and have never seen a better mare.
Horlicks maybe close - but I cannot think of any others.

I'd really like to see Winx have a crack at the cox plate / Caulfield Cup double in the spring. That would put the quality of this horse beyond doubt.

The distance won't be an issue but another win or two at Group One level and this little horse will probably be asked to carry too much weight.

plague
27-02-2016, 06:03 PM
have put winx and solicit into a multi (amongst others).

Multi still live: final leg is Melbourne Victory to win.

Punters club is pumped, as are travel agents, Las Vegas strip clubs and casinos.

'mon tards.

lquiquer
27-02-2016, 10:46 PM
Multi dead.... Thanks David...... FFS!!!!

q-money
27-02-2016, 11:36 PM
seriously, how good is winx? wowee what a superstar. hope they keep her up through April, would love to see her in the flesh

plague
27-02-2016, 11:54 PM

Oh the lulz that were had at the boozer watching your multi go all day then get done in 10mins from the end of the last leg by David Carney.

Twas brilliant.

Oh well, onwards and upwards. Vegas still awaits.

I mean oh man Winx is just such a lovely horse to watch. Some other champions just kind of win but it's hard to describe but there's just a certain level of style and grace about her.

skippy
28-02-2016, 06:11 PM

Prick cost my punters club a multi as well.

Winx is a ****ing superstar, love that she is getting ridden a lot closer to the speed and not having to come from dead last. She just has something special about her.

My arch nemesis Boban has had to retire, bleeding from both nostrils for the 2nd time.

Golden Slipper is warming up, great runs from both extreme choice and flying Artie, Capitalist still for mine but these 2 make it very interesting.

The punters club picked up a good multi, turn me loose, extreme choice, good project, nancy all for the place and Azkedelia for the win. $50 on $690 back.

Ghisoni is one to keep betting on this prep.

q-money
28-02-2016, 09:12 PM
i picked up the tri in race 3 at randwick so pretty happy with that paying 109

good standing got smashed in and gave me a bit to roll back through the day - good time the follow the money there, nice work punters of straya

best multi of the day got rolled by flamberge getting up at 31s, had tally at 5s into turn me loose, then into heatherly....so close!. had flamberge knocking around in a couple more but nothing got up

turn me loose's run was great i thought

blue diamond was a bit of a dud imo, capitalist defo still top dawg for the slipper.

great to see mongolian khan have a crack, couldn't hold the speed but it was a a tough first run out against some super horses, hope he gets better over this prep

skippy
29-02-2016, 01:53 PM
Load up on Press Statement this weekend.

plague
29-02-2016, 08:17 PM
are we doing just degenerate gambling in general on here or just horses?

because Bubba Watson is paying $15 to win the masters and not saying he's a shoe in but thats good value for a bloke that knows how to win it, plus he's playing ok this year.

will be having a go.

q-money
29-02-2016, 09:01 PM
why not, every sporting event is a great chance to lose sweet sweet cash

q-money
01-03-2016, 12:39 PM
Load up on Press Statement this weekend.

risque was very, very good in her first up run and is at 12s, admittedly this is against tougher opposition, if they accept as well

mahuta at 8s for the australian guineas

skippy
01-03-2016, 01:36 PM
are we doing just degenerate gambling in general on here or just horses?

because Bubba Watson is paying $15 to win the masters and not saying he's a shoe in but thats good value for a bloke that knows how to win it, plus he's playing ok this year.

will be having a go.

Happy to take advise to lose more of hard earned on everything.

Put a 4 leg multi on a few months ago, only dumped $20 on it but should have had more.

Steph Curry to win MVP $1.80ish
Warriors to win the championship $4.00ish
Messi to win Balloon D'or $1.50ish
Barca to win champions league $4.00ish

It was about 7 games into the season and somehow the cavs were favourites to win it.

skippy
01-03-2016, 01:38 PM
risque was very, very good in her first up run and is at 12s, admittedly this is against tougher opposition, if they accept as well

mahuta at 8s for the australian guineas

Australian guineas should be a corker of a race, xtravgent, palentino, tarzino, perfect reflection and mahuta all have a good shout to win it.

q-money
04-03-2016, 03:43 PM
xtravagant getting absolutely smashed in, some bloke dropping 100k on him at luxbet

plague
04-03-2016, 04:06 PM
for some reason some weirdo in our punters club put a great multi on but it hinges on Capitalist in race 2 tomorrow.

q-money
04-03-2016, 04:17 PM
very big nads to back a horse that's just got off a plane in a first up run...best of luck boiiiiz

plague
04-03-2016, 04:46 PM
very big nads to back a horse that's just got off a plane in a first up run...best of luck boiiiiz

hey man even though its called Capitalist its got nowt to do with me (apart from any profits that come from the multi).

q-money
04-03-2016, 08:40 PM
if it runs anything like that last start in NZ though...shut the gate

q-money
04-03-2016, 10:02 PM
seriously though just rewatched a few xtravagant vids on the youtubes, fmd where are they hiding the turbo?

q-money
05-03-2016, 02:17 PM
capitalist a total dud

a thousand multis die a quiet death

plague
05-03-2016, 02:24 PM
its never not funny watching someone tie a $1.20 fav to a multi and it falling in a head (even if some of my cash was in that heap).

q-money
05-03-2016, 02:42 PM
my early day has been leeeejit terrible, hope things pick up.

q-money
05-03-2016, 04:15 PM
another thousand multis die another death with press statement getting rolled by le romain...good on kris lees though

plague
05-03-2016, 04:19 PM
yeah stayed away from that one. thankfully

q-money
05-03-2016, 04:37 PM
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

http://i.imgur.com/CsuwR9s.png

q-money
05-03-2016, 05:56 PM
then to top it off get rolled in the last leg of the quaddie, brb off to top myself

plague
05-03-2016, 06:49 PM
Yeah we backed Libran early and thought he we go but then nah **** that God hates us but thank Griff for Adelaide Reds we are starting to paper over some cracks.

q-money
06-03-2016, 05:37 PM
just backed in diaz to get up via sub in R2 at 23s so my pain of yesterday is somewhat sated

plague
06-03-2016, 06:21 PM
just backed in diaz to get up via sub in R2 at 23s so my pain of yesterday is somewhat sated

Oh well played sir. I know a few who backed Tate early doors but UFC ain't my bag stayed away.

skippy
07-03-2016, 09:34 AM
another thousand multis die another death with press statement getting rolled by le romain...good on kris lees though

Prick cost me the quaddie.

How good was english though?

q-money
07-03-2016, 10:41 AM
yeah ripping ride. even with tommy berry on the back

q-money
09-03-2016, 11:21 AM
terravista out of the newmarket, looks like a drag race between my boy japonisme and the great chautauqua

chatz drawing barrier 11 alongside delectation

palentino skips the australian cup heading towards the doncaster

skippy
09-03-2016, 12:07 PM
Japonisme has to be worth a shout with no weight on his back.

I will probably be looking at preferrment in the Aus cup can show up to a big race.

q-money
13-03-2016, 07:29 PM
boilover city

got preferment up but nothing else. on a protest no less ffs

plague
13-03-2016, 07:49 PM
stayed off the punt due to work but the boys were raving about having a half decent day. I know our punters club got up on the Perth win into Keogh anytime scorer paying about $3. we are back baby!!!

skippy
13-03-2016, 08:26 PM
boilover city

got preferment up but nothing else. on a protest no less ffs

Yup other than that I got fed.

q-money
15-03-2016, 11:29 AM
capitalist draws barrier 2 in the slipper and is at 10s in the early markets, get a sniff of that boiiiz

skippy
15-03-2016, 12:26 PM
capitalist draws barrier 2 in the slipper and is at 10s in the early markets, get a sniff of that boiiiz

Got on at 11's after his last run.

Anyone follow the racing in Hong Kong? Am heading over for the rugby 7's in a couple of weeks and off to Happy valley one night any jockeys, horses or trainers to keep an eye out for?

q-money
15-03-2016, 01:26 PM
hong kong racing is an absolute lottery, anyone that says they know anything about it is a liar

however, happy valley is easily one of the greatest nights out on the piss you will ever have, absolute pandemonium

2.5 litre jugs of beer, jugs of wine, little to no RSA or personal responsibility. would suggest you have a readup on placing a bet on the tote before you go though as when you're sauced it's a bit confusing. i think i managed to get about one bet on last time i was there :rof:

you don't see much from the concourse either, try and get a decent possie up in the stands if you want to actually watch the racing.

http://special.hkjc.com/racing/info/en/betting/guide_fill.asp

skippy
15-03-2016, 02:08 PM
hong kong racing is an absolute lottery, anyone that says they know anything about it is a liar

however, happy valley is easily one of the greatest nights out on the piss you will ever have, absolute pandemonium

2.5 litre jugs of beer, jugs of wine, little to no RSA or personal responsibility. would suggest you have a readup on placing a bet on the tote before you go though as when you're sauced it's a bit confusing. i think i managed to get about one bet on last time i was there :rof:

you don't see much from the concourse either, try and get a decent possie up in the stands if you want to actually watch the racing.

http://special.hkjc.com/racing/info/en/betting/guide_fill.asp

Its going to be hard to top Saturday at the Sevens for a pissup, but the missus cousin is an engineer over there and is well renowned for his willingness to ensure everyone has a big night at the valley.

**** me I am keen!

plague
15-03-2016, 04:20 PM
we have been researching Happy Valley for our next punters club trip away and everyone said to get a members pass before you go in to the track as it gets you up in the good seats and because you are a tourist you can dress and behave however you want.

few different people have done it and said its best way to go. its a promo they offer every tourist some said they got charged like $10 others said it was free.

prob the interwebz will have the info you need.

skippy
19-03-2016, 01:58 PM
Have had southern legend black booked since his trial in January and haven't bet on him once, goes and wins 3 in a row all at good odds, **** I'm smart!!

skippy
19-03-2016, 04:38 PM
Capitalist!!

q-money
19-03-2016, 08:32 PM
pretty chuffed with that, capitalist written off by everyone after last week and shines through for the true believers at truly ridiculous odds for a horse that had shown so much quality. should be criminal how much they had him hat.

had him doubled with tarzino for a lovely $25 earner on early fixeds, covered his moves to 7s today. carn.

the great winx getting in again, how good is she? what an amazing horse. kermadec seems to be on the comeback trail, one to watch going ahead. just slipped out of my first 4, had turn me loose there who overraced and blew out.

the united states finally getting a G1 was a nice story, was not on it as i've been poison for him it seems but know a few blokes who cleaned up on him at 6s.

good day out all round

skippy
20-03-2016, 08:22 AM
pretty chuffed with that, capitalist written off by everyone after last week and shines through for the true believers at truly ridiculous odds for a horse that had shown so much quality. should be criminal how much they had him hat.

had him doubled with tarzino for a lovely $25 earner on early fixeds, covered his moves to 7s today. carn.

the great winx getting in again, how good is she? what an amazing horse. kermadec seems to be on the comeback trail, one to watch going ahead. just slipped out of my first 4, had turn me loose there who overraced and blew out.

the united states finally getting a G1 was a nice story, was not on it as i've been poison for him it seems but know a few blokes who cleaned up on him at 6s.

good day out all round

Can't believe Winx blew out to $2, wasn't going to bet on the race but chucked everything in my account on it at those prices.

Terravista cost me a bit, but made it back on sultry feeling.

WolfMan
20-03-2016, 03:03 PM
Northern Act at 15's in Dubbo. Last $10 (5 e/w) and she comes in with a great run. Get in!

q-money
26-03-2016, 11:26 PM
stinking day for me, should have got on preferment really, but took whoshot the barman at 8s, close but no cigar.

had 4 seconds in an all win canadian. thems the breaks.

q-money
27-03-2016, 09:04 AM
the buff!!!!!!

a champion becomes a legend

plague
27-03-2016, 02:44 PM
the buff!!!!!!

a champion becomes a legend

Just kept powering. Amazing effort at the end, was starting to kick away again as they hit the line.

Won on it back in '13 on the Manikato. Love that horse. Craig Moore doing sockah hooligans proud.

q-money
27-03-2016, 06:26 PM
just so tough, love the Buff. how good was California Chrome as well, emphatic victory

q-money
27-03-2016, 06:44 PM
bowman's ride on preferment was absolute textbook stuff. went at the turn and asked everyone to chase.

props to kathy o'hara on single gaze as well, ridden to perfection there. wd if you backed it.

plague
28-03-2016, 01:41 PM
Have been having an insanely good run making money off a-league under/overs.

We went 15/19 over past few weeks just betting the over on selected games. Lately bookies have cottoned on and where you used to get 1.91 it's now around 1.60 for most games.

God bless Paul Izzo and other retarded players like him.

*of course this run has coincided with our magical NHL gambling run coming to a grinding halt.

Damnit.

skippy
29-03-2016, 10:00 AM
bowman's ride on preferment was absolute textbook stuff. went at the turn and asked everyone to chase.

props to kathy o'hara on single gaze as well, ridden to perfection there. wd if you backed it.

Had who shot the barman as well... should know better by know and chuck a waller trifecta in these sorts of races.

Did alright in the morning with old north, malaguerra and its somewhat. But put most of it back through.

Hopefully exosphere cleans them up in the TJ on Saturday.

q-money
31-03-2016, 09:26 PM
if you're not chucking a few bucks on flamberge you've got rocks in your head imo. 19s early doors and is in super duper shape with 2 G1s in the month, weight doesn't seem to be an issue.

skippy
01-04-2016, 02:01 PM
Worth a bite at those odds for sure, English if she doesn't get too far back also worth keeping an eye on. Should be a corker of a race though.

Reckon Kermedec might give winx a shake up, would be worth chucking good project in that trifecta as well.

WolfMan
01-04-2016, 05:34 PM
Northern Act at 15's in Dubbo. Last $10 (5 e/w) and she comes in with a great run. Get in!

Well, Northern Act has only gone and done it again. this time got on at 19's. Great start to the weekend

q-money
02-04-2016, 08:42 AM
nice one mate, will definitely keep an eye on her!

today on the q-man power ranking

R6: telperion
R7: tarzino
R8: flamberge
R9: winx

hard to bet against winx but not sure if the value's there straight up, defo muiti her with tarzino.

the bookies will get absolutely cleaned up if tarzino and winx both salute, was reading 90% of the hold was on those two. couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of scumbags if it does so get out there and smash these pricks boys.

libran rates to win in R3 for mine, and the great flamberge is red hot in the TJ, easily the best value of the day if he can do the business. place money at 4.6 is worth a roll into your old 2 buck super-duper mega multis.

tom melbourne to take the mornington cup, keep an eye on dan zephyr in r8 there, loves to get around the field and if he can kick it's lights out

skippy
02-04-2016, 09:06 AM
Tarzino, Winx, Tom Melbourne multi is a goer.

Think cafe society will give Libran a shake up. Yankee rose might be a bit flat 2nd up today, keen on her next run though.

Interested to see how el divino runs today, full brother to Winx and won by 5 lengths on debut.

q-money
02-04-2016, 09:42 AM
the old punters.com.au bloke has it right, half the country is on this treble :rof:

who gets done in on protest?

skippy
02-04-2016, 10:16 AM
the old punters.com.au bloke has it right, half the country is on this treble :rof:

who gets done in on protest?

Tom Melbourne in true terry Bailey style.

q-money
02-04-2016, 11:01 AM
winx on the drift, out to 2.30

skippy
02-04-2016, 01:33 PM
Some good racing so far, 2.5/3 from Sydney races, Libran did well with that weight Waller trifecta coming up in the Sydney cup next week no doubt about it.

q-money
02-04-2016, 01:37 PM
track is awful, what's doing with the rail. it's shocking

The Dunster
02-04-2016, 02:39 PM
winx on the drift, out to 2.30

If the owners and trainer don't think she will win they will scratch her. I'd be getting on at that price.

skippy
02-04-2016, 03:37 PM
Yankee rose will clean up next week.

skippy
02-04-2016, 03:55 PM
Well there goes everyone's multi.

The Dunster
02-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Hopefully this ends the comparisons with Sunline. Winx is far and away a better galloper than Sunline ever was.

q-money
02-04-2016, 06:16 PM
winx and chatz with two of the most stirring runs you'll ever see in G1 racing. lost a bit but whatever, scenes :wub:

plague
02-04-2016, 08:46 PM
winx and chatz with two of the most stirring runs you'll ever see in G1 racing. lost a bit but whatever, scenes :wub:

There are just some ****ing amazing horses going around at the moment.

How good were they.

skippy
03-04-2016, 01:04 PM
There are just some ****ing amazing horses going around at the moment.

How good were they.

Found myself giving them a standing ovation at home by myself.

plague
03-04-2016, 03:22 PM
I was at work so missed the race but the boys showed s a replay at the pub.
Even though they told me it won.
Even though they told me how it won, I still didn't believe Chataqua won until it hit the line.
I was lucky enough to be at Mooney Valley when Adelaide rounded them up and won the Cox plate and thought it was the best thing ever (esp getting 33/1 on the quinella) Yet a replay on a phone at a pub was almost as good.

Amazing.

q-money
03-04-2016, 05:41 PM
pub went off, only a couple of blokes were on chautauqua but everyone just got around him, winx had the whole place absolutely ripping the roof off. 2.30 was criminal on SB!

plague
03-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Yeah it almost made me want to go to Sydney next year for one of these championships days.

I said almost.

leftrightout
04-04-2016, 02:21 PM
Interested to see how el divino runs today, full brother to Winx and won by 5 lengths on debut.

Ran well for dead heat 1st.

I cleaned up on Clearly Innocent. Paying evens early in the week, stone bruise and inside barrier blew it out to $6 and it stormed home! Good local (Scone) horse and trainer too.

q-money
04-04-2016, 02:23 PM
Ran well for dead heat 1st.

I cleaned up on Clearly Innocent. Paying evens early in the week, stone bruise and inside barrier blew it out to $6 and it stormed home! Good local (Scone) horse and trainer too.

yeah i got on at 6s too, that was about the only win bar winx out of that lane iirc

leftrightout
04-04-2016, 02:49 PM
yeah i got on at 6s too, that was about the only win bar winx out of that lane iirc

Two horses far superior than the other horses in their races!
It shows that when they are just better, those things are much more insignificant.

plague
04-04-2016, 04:27 PM
and like clockwork Sydney journos are having a whinge about crowd numbers at big Sydney meetings.

The Dunster
04-04-2016, 05:15 PM
https://www.racenet.com.au/breeding/news_images/sires2012/soyou-think2013_400.jpg

I'd like to see Winx "introduced to this bloke".

q-money
10-04-2016, 10:22 AM
how'd you go yesterday?

had lucia valentina and the united states as the first 2 in a first 4, but preferment and criterion nowhere to be seen. my man japonisme getting it done at 3.50 was nice. poor old ghisoni, if you were on her you will be having deadset nightmares for weeks.

some run from LV in the QE, not a bad day of for kris lees, picking up the provincial champs and the richest prize at the championships

leftrightout
11-04-2016, 08:57 AM
how'd you go yesterday?

had lucia valentina and the united states as the first 2 in a first 4, but preferment and criterion nowhere to be seen. my man japonisme getting it done at 3.50 was nice. poor old ghisoni, if you were on her you will be having deadset nightmares for weeks.

some run from LV in the QE, not a bad day of for kris lees, picking up the provincial champs and the richest prize at the championships

Not a great day for me... didn't have many bets though and was going for the roughy Its Somewhat in the QE.
One of my favourites Libran nearly got there even though i thought he might have been a bit out classed this week.

But after the last two weeks ive had i was due a bit of a bad one!

skippy
11-04-2016, 12:14 PM
how'd you go yesterday?

At the HK 7's so didn't get around to trying to punt.... Watched the replays but, **** ghisoni never got out of 3rd gear.

Never really rated LV very inconsistent but that was some run, loves a bit of wet.

Off to happy valley on Wednesday will probably just back moerira start to finish.

plague
11-04-2016, 01:38 PM
At the HK 7's so didn't get around to trying to punt....

Off to happy valley on Wednesday will probably just back moerira start to finish.

We are currently planning our 2017 punters club trip there.
I'll need a full debrief upon your return.

Ta.

q-money
11-04-2016, 09:17 PM
breaking news: ghisoni just got out

q-money
12-04-2016, 11:08 AM
hey skip, your man and notorious money muncher exosphere has gone to stud, thank god :rof:

skippy
12-04-2016, 11:38 AM
hey skip, your man and notorious money muncher exosphere has gone to stud, thank god :rof:

the bookies will be spewing about that, no more $4 for chataqua anywhere.

leftrightout
16-04-2016, 08:18 AM
Charlie Boy today... One of my favourites and has some value there!

q-money
16-04-2016, 10:16 AM
Charlie Boy today... One of my favourites and has some value there!

knoydart massive overs in that race as well imo, worth a throw

plague
16-04-2016, 10:26 AM
Rebel Dane looks busted and at $26 is friendless which means it will probably stick it's nose in where it's not wanted today.

One of my top 3 most frustrating horses ever. Will be steering clear of that.

leftrightout
16-04-2016, 03:50 PM
Press statement was terrible!

leftrightout
16-04-2016, 03:50 PM
knoydart massive overs in that race as well imo, worth a throw

Nearly got there for you, was a great race!

q-money
16-04-2016, 04:00 PM
Nearly got there for you, was a great race!

i'm currently talking to you from beyond the grave, as i have killed myself

all it had to do was bob and it gets there. even worse, i had it at 26s, and also at the drift to 31...and don't get me started on the multi where old north gets rolled and no more tears runs 2nd and everything else gets home.

how's the punt, what a terrible way to waste your life. except when you win, then it's great.

plague
16-04-2016, 04:39 PM
Dan Zephyr about to ruin yet another Saturday.

q-money
17-04-2016, 12:21 PM
the zeph didn't disappoint there. needs to go for a spell. I love old mate but I think he's out of puff

leftrightout
18-04-2016, 07:49 AM
i'm currently talking to you from beyond the grave, as i have killed myself

all it had to do was bob and it gets there. even worse, i had it at 26s, and also at the drift to 31...and don't get me started on the multi where old north gets rolled and no more tears runs 2nd and everything else gets home.

how's the punt, what a terrible way to waste your life. except when you win, then it's great.

Yeah she is a tough game, i had a pretty bad saturday too! Saying that i have had 2 or 3 really good ones lately so i was due for it!

Bloody Old North, it was a certainty! It will never get my money again!

plague
18-04-2016, 09:38 AM
Last leg of a multi 10 mins from glory all you need is Arsenal to hold off Crystal ****ing Palace.

Any room in that grave q-man I'm dead.

q-money
19-04-2016, 01:12 PM
press statement gone to stud

stupid decision for mine, racing well enough with a 2nd, a 3rd and a 5th in G1s against reasonable company (winx, le romain) and a G2 this year

guess the all important stud fees are more important than watching the bloke race

skippy
25-04-2016, 11:06 AM
We are currently planning our 2017 punters club trip there.
I'll need a full debrief upon your return.

Ta.
Hey mate,

Just got back from holidays today.

Hong Kong 7's is an awesome weekend seriously 10/10 can't recommend it enough.

From Australia you need to do a package tour which includes flights, hotel and tickets. Or you can get tickets from scalpers outside the ground plenty of them around.

Prices for the package are pretty reasonable, about $2.5 K which includes tickets to all 3 days.

No set seats with tickets so 1st in best dressed. Go straight to the south stand do not pass go do not collect $200 dollars. Friday is a bit of a warm up day/night for most.

Saturday however is one of the loosest things I have seen. Be in the South stand by 07:30 and be in a fancy dress costume, 20-30 minute drink line up at this time of day but you can buy as many 1 litre beers or 1 litre of cocktails or 1 litre of JD cokes, Vodka orange etc as you can carry. After about 09:00 the lines go down a bit but the South stand will be full up to a 4 hour wait to get in. No jugs allowed in the stand anymore as to many were getting thrown around. My advice is to stand to the sides and as high as you can as you are less likely to get a whole cup of beer, piss or vomit thrown on you.

Everyone is wearing fancy dress of some sort, deadset saw about 4 people in the whole stand that werent. You can get organised early or go to pottinger st over there which is a market st that sells outfits. Easy enough to sneak grog into, they only do a light check of bags so if you have a bottle of vokda stuffed down your pants you are right, drinks are pretty expensive so its not a bad tactic. If you are still standing at night follow the crowd to wanchai.

Sunday is a much milder version of Saturday, stand doesn't get full till about 15:00.

Happy Valley you probably already know enough about, it was pissing down when we were there so not much of a crowd.

plague
25-04-2016, 03:59 PM
Fantastic summary Skippy. Cheers.

skippy
28-04-2016, 01:11 PM
No worries mate, as you can tell I enjoyed myself.

Buff and Chatz take on the world on Sunday, going to be a corker of a race. $10 the quin.

q-money
28-04-2016, 01:23 PM
will be tops, will be interesting to see if the buff can hold off chautauqua if he's up front, couldn't have two more different horses going at it

two great geldings that people are interested in getting around, how good.

this is what i was talking about before with the bizarreness of sending blokes like press statement straight off to stud. let the blokes race. their spoof doesn't change that much over time, surely? let them have a go.

the buff has been up against the best in the world forever, black caviar, hay list, sepoy et.al...what a story, a deadset legend of the turf. going on the road makes it even better.

chautauqua has the same potential imo, how good are his runs bombing out from the back, last years manikato, the t.j, this year's t.j - that's what will bring people to racing, not stuff like vancouver etc winning the slipper then disappearing to europe to stud (will reserve right when vancouver trounces them at ascot)

leftrightout
28-04-2016, 03:36 PM
No worries mate, as you can tell I enjoyed myself.

Buff and Chatz take on the world on Sunday, going to be a corker of a race. $10 the quin.

Chautauqua will storm home in this field... question is can buff get 2nd? Lets hope so!

skippy
28-04-2016, 05:43 PM
Did you boys see Torpenhows run today? Geez he could be an alright horse, 2nd start up to a Class 1 with 60kgs on his back and did it very very easy. Last at Wyong on the NSW racing site if you want the replay.

q-money
01-05-2016, 07:00 PM
chautauqua, what an absolutely mental, insane run - electrifying

was on the great buff but covered easily on chatz at 2.60, hope he destroys ascot and makes these english carnts eat it. #teamchatz

leftrightout
01-05-2016, 08:28 PM
chautauqua, what an absolutely mental, insane run - electrifying

was on the great buff but covered easily on chatz at 2.60, hope he destroys ascot and makes these english carnts eat it. #teamchatz

What a horse, can't see anything staying with him when he puts his foot down, absolute champion! The kind of horse to make general sport people love horse racing, he is bloody exciting!

leftrightout
01-05-2016, 08:31 PM
Did you boys see Torpenhows run today? Geez he could be an alright horse, 2nd start up to a Class 1 with 60kgs on his back and did it very very easy. Last at Wyong on the NSW racing site if you want the replay.
Yeah I got that bad boy on some advice and was suitably impressed! Did it easy, was expected to but always good when they live up to the hype!

q-money
01-05-2016, 08:47 PM
fuming as well, because i rolled my chatz money back into maurice, or so i thought as i missed the jump, jabbing mindlessly at the screen while watching the telly at the pub and ended up on the 1 in R9, rather than R8....whoops.

spud

skippy
02-05-2016, 09:19 AM
fuming as well, because i rolled my chatz money back into maurice, or so i thought as i missed the jump, jabbing mindlessly at the screen while watching the telly at the pub and ended up on the 1 in R9, rather than R8....whoops.

spud

Some horse glad he is a gelding or he would have gone off to stud ages ago, let them run I say.

Heavy days, exactly what I did with my winnings except put it on the right horse in the right race.

skippy
02-05-2016, 10:17 AM
The buff to be retired, what a warhorse.

q-money
02-05-2016, 10:35 AM
what a legend, truly deserves the title of the people's champ. up there with deadset heroes like takeover target for mine

always did it the hard way from the front, broke their hearts. love the buff

leftrightout
06-05-2016, 11:42 AM
Not much standing out to me this weekend!

skippy
06-05-2016, 12:24 PM
I'm pretty keen on sir bacchus and impending, odds are pretty short for both might play a little on the multi.

Admiral E/W down in Flemington, great record down in tassie 19 Starts, 14 wins and 3 places and $14 on fixed odds, supido is too short at @2 I reckon.

Q's boy Japonisme had a bomb of a trial this morning, will be on him when he goes up north.

q-money
06-05-2016, 04:03 PM
shame old mate the cleaner isn't running at flemmo, would make it a great race against the admiral

lay supido for sure, absolute poison at 2

skippy
06-05-2016, 06:20 PM
Would have to be stupido to back it at those odds....

I will see myself out.

q-money
07-05-2016, 02:05 PM
deadset how is the carnage down at flemmo today, absolute nonsense

q-money
07-05-2016, 02:28 PM
supido hard to watch but did the job, stayed away from the whole thing and happy i did

skippy
07-05-2016, 02:48 PM
**** McDonald cost me a bundle on impending. Sir Bacchus went well and was half right about admiral/supido.

q-money
07-05-2016, 03:33 PM
just when you thought you were over ghisoni that happens on impending

how's sooboog lol, ****en crazy horse

skippy
08-05-2016, 07:42 AM
JMac on both too, at least he come out and admitted he blew it, doesn't help
my wallet much though.

Sooboog is a nutter, got some serious talent but wait for everyone who has black booked it after yesterday to lose a bundle next time it does something stupid.

leftrightout
09-05-2016, 07:44 AM
I'm pretty keen on sir bacchus and impending, odds are pretty short for both might play a little on the multi.

Admiral E/W down in Flemington, great record down in tassie 19 Starts, 14 wins and 3 places and $14 on fixed odds, supido is too short at @2 I reckon.

Q's boy Japonisme had a bomb of a trial this morning, will be on him when he goes up north.

Passed on Impending, did get on sir baccus though. Good move!

skippy
09-05-2016, 09:05 AM
Only 2nd run this prep, stay with Sir Bacchus for sure.

q-money
09-05-2016, 09:25 AM
lord of the sky scorched everyone in a barrier trial this morning i see #lordofthetrial

plague
09-05-2016, 09:28 AM
We stayed away from the donkeys this weekend and put our entire punters club stake in the swans -69.5 into Alvarez by KO.

1/2 way through each leg we were dead in the water but both pulled through.

It was a great weekend.

PC14
09-05-2016, 10:12 AM
[QUOTE=plague;152213] Alvarez by KO.QUOTE]

Not many that punch wouldn't have hurt. Khan was probably in front.

I had Frankie Gomez into Lemieux by KO into Alvarez.

Ended rolling that onto Roos into Power. Didn't I sweat over the Roos.

Did it all on Roma into Juventus though.

plague
09-05-2016, 10:51 AM
Oh yeah Alvarez was losing that fight. I was not happy.

Now the talk is going to be Alvarez v GGG and it's going to be a bloodbath.

plague
09-05-2016, 10:53 AM
Been good value on AFL bets this year. Form is running true even though there's been some close shaves.

I know a few blokes who were adamant and backed Carlton big time to knock off the Pies.

leftrightout
09-05-2016, 12:44 PM
Been good value on AFL bets this year. Form is running true even though there's been some close shaves.

I know a few blokes who were adamant and backed Carlton big time to knock off the Pies.

Yeah i got 7/8 this week in a multi thanks to Adelaide losing at home to the bulldogs. Was probably the tightest in odds so went the home team. Not to be!
Sportsbets money back if 1 leg fails makes the AFL really good value though. there are always 4 or 5 fairly easy picks for the week.

skippy
12-05-2016, 11:37 AM
Anything for this weekend boys? I will be on Elegant Composure R3 @ Doomben going for 7/7 and Volcanic Ash R5 @ Caufield, pepperberry R3 @ Kembla Grange and Barood R2 @ Scone.

Delectation is worth a crack at EW odds too.

q-money
12-05-2016, 01:08 PM
fell swoop at 4.60 is very decent up against japonisme in the BTC cup. 1.85 the place useful for the exotics there too. my man japonisme at 4 also not bad.

agree on delectation, came up against some great horses in the TJ, whether the crowd here is as good i dunno. probably not.

scone R6 has some great talent in it, music magnate, federal, clearly innocent etc. cradle me really should return at some point, have been munching cash on her for months.

leftrightout
12-05-2016, 09:01 PM
fell swoop at 4.60 is very decent up against japonisme in the BTC cup. 1.85 the place useful for the exotics there too. my man japonisme at 4 also not bad.

agree on delectation, came up against some great horses in the TJ, whether the crowd here is as good i dunno. probably not.

scone R6 has some great talent in it, music magnate, federal, clearly innocent etc. cradle me really should return at some point, have been munching cash on her for months.

Clearly Innocent is a great horse... when it goes others will find it hard to stay with it!

skippy
14-05-2016, 06:04 PM
Delectation was flying, should have gone the outside.

Didn't watch anything else had a busy day, how did everyone end up?

leftrightout
14-05-2016, 07:28 PM

Well Clearly Innocent got up for me and I put everything bar the kitchen sink on that one so very happy boy tonight!

Raw Impulse looks a very impressive horse on its way up quickly! Jumped at only about 1.30 on the tote and looked like it was racing donkeys.

q-money
14-05-2016, 09:17 PM

in the ditch

killed first leg caulfield quaddie, every other multi died a swift first leg death.

staggering stuff, this is how the belgians must have felt in every war they were involved in

q-money
14-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Well Clearly Innocent got up for me and I put everything bar the kitchen sink on that one so very happy boy tonight!
nice keeping the faith there big man.

manaya saved a few of bucks for me up in scone, what a run

half sister to hot danish, also massive win for young micky costa

https://www.racenet.com.au/news/122983/2016-Woodlands-Stakes-result-%E2%80%93-Manaya-in-style

great story, wish i had more on her at 5's lol

skippy
17-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Darley should be a corker of a race this weekend.

Flamberge, quarterback, black heart bart, shiedel carrying 53.5kgs and sooboog carrying 53 just wait for it to **** some shit up.

q-money
17-05-2016, 12:59 PM
flamberge won't get much shorter than 17s, definitely worth a play. sportsbet had the fixeds up last night but they've gone down now.

the boogieman primed for some ghoulish action, what's he at on anywhere that has them up?

skippy
17-05-2016, 01:38 PM
Flamberge $15, Black heart bart $4, Sheidel $12, Boogeyman $15

q-money
17-05-2016, 02:09 PM
flamberge the toppy, was only beaten by a scorching chautaqua in the TJ, no biggie

4.40 the place one for the exotics

q-money
19-05-2016, 05:26 PM
you know what absolutely terrifies me, i reckon sooboog might actually win this

i need to go and have a shower

plague
19-05-2016, 09:26 PM
flamberge the toppy, was only beaten by a scorching chautaqua in the TJ, no biggie

4.40 the place one for the exotics

yeah our money is prob going to go on the fixed place at 5's.

skippy
20-05-2016, 02:10 PM
you know what absolutely terrifies me, i reckon sooboog might actually win this

i need to go and have a shower

lolol it will if you don't put any money on it, but will jump the fence or something if you do.

What else we liking this weekend? Keen on Sir bacchus haven't had a look at much else but have to work in the office tomorrow morning so will spend it doing the form than.

q-money
20-05-2016, 02:34 PM
yeah R8 at doomben is a quality field i thought. sir bacchus is nice at 4.20 and coming off a very quick 1200

takedown's last run at the goldy was nice, picked him up there. can't get around counterattack, decent horse just not really doing it for me at the moment though.

have to respect rageese as well. rangipo won the NZ derby by a very short margin but the jury is still out on NZ horses straight off the plane , i.e. xtravagant, hasselhoof both absolute duds this year

skippy
20-05-2016, 04:17 PM
The bloke on punters.com.au agrees with you about the boogeyman Q.

I think Xtravagant not arriving until the arvo before the race was ridiculous, why not get him out here a week earlier to adapt a bit.

q-money
20-05-2016, 04:56 PM
charmed harmony the place is paying 2.80 (!!!)

money for jam boiiiz

q-money
20-05-2016, 10:35 PM
thanks for that last minute forward pass, cunce

http://i.imgur.com/tDiwa63.png

q-money
21-05-2016, 05:21 PM
carnage

skippy
23-05-2016, 08:22 AM
BHB was a huge run, got it at boosted odds of $4.5 on Ladbrokes. Boogeyman doing what he does and just taking everyones money Q did ya get on him? Not even Weir can polish that turd of a horse.

Hauraki is a cat, needs to go have an easy kill somewhere shits bricks when he gets in front.

Tipped runway star to the boys in the punters club but of course didn't have any money on it when it comes in at $10's.

q-money
23-05-2016, 09:17 AM
hahaha stayed away from the booger but had a shocker of a day

made a few bucks back on palazzo publico, the people's champ but other than that down everywhere

snippet's land was the straw that broke the camels back, had religify at 6.50 before he shortened

doomben an absolute graveyard

old mate bart came in to 2.80 on the tote so nice work getting it longer there

leftrightout
23-05-2016, 10:45 AM
I was keen on Takedown but it didn't quite get the job done. I thought it was a decent chance at a bit of value!

I steered clear of Boogy but chucked a couple of Flamberge... no good but i felt was one that if it won and i didn't back it at around 17 i would have been absolutely spewing!

q-money
23-05-2016, 11:35 AM
top weight was just to much for flamberge, was valiant trying to win it from the front i thought

skippy
23-05-2016, 11:43 AM
Hows OKC dusting up the warriors at the moment.

Hope they come back got them early on at the season at $4.50 which seemed ridiculous odds for a team on an 11 win streak.

Multied that into Curry winning MVP and Messi winning the Balon D'or.

q-money
23-05-2016, 11:49 AM
absolute beat down, love the KD and Russ show when it gets going

however what i don't love is taking the dubs and overs in this game, lol

skippy
23-05-2016, 11:57 AM
Yeah I think your bets gone in other news man gets kicked in the groin. https://streamable.com/59s8

skippy
23-05-2016, 11:57 AM
Westbrook is putting on an exhibition I love it.

q-money
23-05-2016, 12:17 PM
OKC gonna be on law and order SVU the way they're going about things lol

plague
23-05-2016, 12:32 PM
Bad bad day at the office on Saturday.
Raped on the donkeys, the boys hatred of Brad Rawiller saved me losing even more.

Pinned everything on the Tigers giving 8.5 but of course the stinking Knights only lost by 8.

Then chased it on Man U to win in normal time.............goddamnit.

Anyway back at work today to build up a war heat for this weekend. Will def get it all back.

leftrightout
23-05-2016, 12:48 PM
Will def get it all back.

:lulzturtle::lulzturtle::lulzturtle::lulzturtle::l ulzturtle::lulzturtle::lulzturtle:

skippy
23-05-2016, 02:27 PM
Doomben 10,000 nominations and weights:

1. CHARLIE BOY Peter & Paul Snowden - 59kg
2. DELECTATION Chris Waller - 59kg
3. DOTHRAKI Peter & Paul Snowden - 59kg
4. FELL SWOOP Matthew Dale - 59kg
5. HOOKED John P Thompson - 59kg
6. MUSIC MAGNATE (NZ) Bjorn Baker - 59kg
7. STRATUM STAR Darren Weir - 59kg
8. AZKADELLIA (NZ) Ciaron Maher - 57kg
9. RAGEESE Darren Weir - 57kg
10. SCARLET BILLOWS Darren Weir - 57kg
11. TIVACI Michael Moroney - 57kg
12. TWO BLUE Kristen Buchanan - 57kg
13. DIVINE CENTURI Stuart Kendrick - 55kg
14. GHISONI John O'Shea - 55kg

q-money
23-05-2016, 02:59 PM
hey ghisoni must have finally got out

skippy
25-05-2016, 02:17 PM
TBH not really mad about losing money if OKC finish this series off.

q-money
25-05-2016, 02:19 PM
guess who took the dubs and overs today lol

skippy
25-05-2016, 04:31 PM
guess who took the dubs and overs today lol

3rd time lucky coming up do it again.

skippy
27-05-2016, 01:50 PM
Warriors not dead yet.

Best bets for the weekend? Looking at Souchez, honey toast and delectation.

q-money
27-05-2016, 01:53 PM
guess who took okc with the points and over today ffs

skippy
27-05-2016, 03:18 PM
Told ya it was 3rd time lucky.

plague
27-05-2016, 06:44 PM
guess who took okc with the points and over today ffs

why you gone go and kill Russ like that?

leftrightout
28-05-2016, 09:43 AM
Ghisoni... surely today!

q-money
28-05-2016, 01:27 PM
right boys we're away with ghisoni, about time

leftrightout
28-05-2016, 01:43 PM
right boys we're away with ghisoni, about time

Lucky I put my house on it today! Haha

skippy
28-05-2016, 02:09 PM
She got out!!

q-money
28-05-2016, 02:10 PM
real love too tough there, she's a super horse

q-money
28-05-2016, 02:45 PM
souchez smh, missing the jump again

skippy
28-05-2016, 04:16 PM
Raw impulse nowhere to be seen... Mates got shares in music magnate he is cheering.

Delectation flying again and held up for a run, azkedelia had a great run.